Diablotin 3 session 8

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 8 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: January 25, 2015
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It is the start of Eleventh-month and the weather has taken a turn for the chilly, with a cold snap that has iced over puddles in the streets and left frost on the windows in the mornings, but not brought any snow to the city yet.

Tits explains there will be a private party tonight

<DiablotinNarrator> Before work tonight, Tits asks all the staff to come together for a brief meeting. Usually this means either something is wrong, or something unusual is happening.

<Argent> (don't be so closed minded... it could be something wrong and unusual)

  • Genevriel hopes it is not anything awful as she takes a seat where the staff are all assembling.
  • Zola takes a puff from her cigarette holder.

<Zola> Hugo, dear, do you know what this is about?

  • Hugonel will arrive scarfless ... I repeat, scarfless.
  • Aubrienne takes a seat (and a drink) at the bar, per usual

<Aubrienne> (scarfless? scandalous!)

<Hugonel> I have no idea. I suppose we'll all find out together.

<Zola> Hmm.

  • Argent just leans on a rail, waiting.
  • Titania stands on the stage to talk to you lot

<Titania> Thanks for coming. I won't keep you too long.

  • Hettienne listens curiously...

<Titania> I wanted to let you know we've got a private party in the lounge tonight. Basically, if you're not required to be there, don't be.

<Zola> Oooh? Whose party?

  • Hettienne raises an eyebrow.
  • Zola has had her interest piqued, clearly.

<Titania> A guest who would like some privacy.

  • Zola pouts a little.

<Hettienne> <m> well la-di-dah

<Titania> Suren, you'll be on the bar in the lounge. Epane, I want you on security for this party - making sure they aren't disturbed.

<Titania> Argent, Genevriel, you'll be on table service and clean-up in the lounge tonight.

  • Argent nods an acknowledgement

<Titania> Everyone else, it's business as usual - and if customers ask about what's going on, we just say it's a private party and leave it at that.

  • Genevriel glances apologetically at the other bussers on duty tonight because this means they'll have to share out her usual tables among themselves.

<Argent> This should make for an interesting evening

<Hugonel> In terms of the evening's entertainment - is there anything they're going to want? Or is it just the usual show for the floor and they'll conduct their own business?

  • Argent muses to himself
  • Titania beckons a few of the performers over to speak, as others disperse to get ready for the night's show - Zola, Kai Len, Aubrienne and Jed
  • Titania also gestures for Hugo to wait around
  • Hettienne meanders back to her usual spot backstage, only a little bit grumpy.
  • Aubrienne wanders over, smiling
  • Hugonel will comply.

<Titania> You lot feel up for some private performances?

  • Titania asks once you're assembled
  • Aubrienne glances at Jed and shrugs

<Aubrienne> Don't see why not.

<Jed_> Sure, can do

<Titania> There's less space in there, and no stage obviously, so you'd be up closer to them, but I hoped you could manage to come up with something fun.

<Zola> We can keep our clothes on, right?

<Zola> Hugo gets nervous without his pants on

<Titania> It's not that kind of party... as far as I know ;p

<Aubrienne> I can do plenty of good work up close.

<Jed_> I can vouch for that.

<Hugonel> I assure you I have considerable experience with intimate venues.

  • Aubrienne sticks her tongue out at Jed playfully

<Titania> And since we can't lug the piano in there, I hoped guitar and voice would do.

  • Titania says to the musicians

<Kai> I imagine we can come up with something?

  • Kai says with a glance to Zola
  • Zola nods. "I do like the piano but... if we must."

<Kai> Well, thanks ^-^

<Hugonel> Not even a hint of who we are expecting? I work best with a little advance notice.

<Hugonel> Rhymes like 'countess' and 'mount us' don't just come about spontaneously, after all ... :)

  • Titania chuckles

<Titania> Hugo, I want you in there to keep things going smoothly. I'll emcee on the main stage tonight, I don't feel like handling a bunch of spoiled rich kids ;)

<Titania> is that enough of a hint for you?

<Hugonel> Ooh, spoiled rich kids! My favourite!

<Zola> Isn't that just about anyone who can book out the whole lounge?

<Titania> Well, there are also rich older people...

<Titania> but not in this case.

<Titania> Just keep an eye on things, entertain them if they look bored, make sure they have everything they might need. You know the drill - be a good host. We'd like them to tip well, and come back.

<Hugonel> I shall be my usual charming self.

<Zola> I'm sure you shall.

  • Zola gives him a kiss on the cheek

<Hugonel> And now I know which scarf to wear!

  • Zola stage whispers, "Though I'd really shelf that countess pun, it's dreadful."

<Titania> Well, I'm glad we could resolve that dilemma.

<Titania> Of course, let me know if there are any problems.

<Hugonel> Naturally.

<Titania> All right - we're expecting them to arrive around 9, but who knows... just be ready by then.

<Zola> I'll leave you to your scarfing, dear.

<Kai> Did you want to run over a few numbers, Zola?

  • Zola will do just that.
  • Aubrienne will wander off with Jed, going over which of their illusions will work best up close
  • Titania takes an extra moment to wish Aubrienne good luck :)

<Aubrienne> Always happy to go that extra mile, boss lady. ;)

<Titania> I know ^-^

  • Titania heads off to get ready herself, then

<DiablotinNarrator> It doesn't take too long for gossip to make it around the club about who's going to be in the lounge tonight.

<DiablotinNarrator> Some of the speculation involves members of the upper nobility, maybe even the Imperial family themselves.

<DiablotinNarrator> This last, at least, is fairly easily quashed by people pointing out that Titania's brothers, for instance, have come to the club as ordinary guests before - and her father seems unlikely to pay a visit.

<DiablotinNarrator> It could be some other prominent government types, though - well, most of the Inner Council are probably too old for such an evening's entertainment, but Eloise Marcoux, the Secretary of State, has a bit more of a reputation for letting her hair down, so maybe...?

  • Zola tries to pick a selection of more soulful tunes but works out a more upbeat list with Kai in case the guests are uncooperative

<DiablotinNarrator> The gossip then turns to celebrities - movie stars, maybe, or famous musicians. Could it be Clairice Vigoureau, the young starlet who turned so many heads after her recent role in 'Violet Betrayed'? Or what about Tiazi, the stunning but reclusive elven diva at the Imperial Opera?

<DiablotinNarrator> Or perhaps, some whisper, it could be the ladies of the Jewel Box or the boys from the Treasury, out for an evening's fun with their wealthy patrons.

Denise finds out that Ander knows the secret guest!

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, as you settle in for the evening, you'll hear most of these going around

<Denise> oooh :D

  • Denise will keep an eye out to see if she can glimpse anyone famous, n=mstly so she can tease Mireva later ^-^
  • Hugonel selects a high-end silver and maroon silk scarf, just because he can

<Denise> huh, I wonder if that means the regular shows are gonna be different

  • Denise muses

<DiablotinNarrator> 9 comes and goes without sign of them, but by 9:30 a number of elegant cars pull up to the front of the club

<DiablotinNarrator> When the crowd enters at last, and are swiftly ushered by Titania through the main room of the club back to the lounge, the rumours at last are settled, though excitement is fanned - the guest of honour tonight is Orlan Cellier, the young and devastatingly handsome star of 'Flames of Passion', along with a group of about a dozen of his friends and hangers-on.

<DiablotinNarrator> Orlan is famous for his role in the highly popular romantic film, his dashing good looks, and his rags-to-riches story. He is from House Rat, and grew up as an orphan in the Shambles before he caught the eye of a talent scout who catapulted him into stardom.

<Denise> oooh

  • Ander looks unimpressed

<Denise> that is Soooo coool :o

<Denise> what?

<Ander> Yeah, 'orphan in the Shambles', whatever.

<Denise> no?

<Ander> He was raised by his aunt and uncle, they have a tailor's shop. I knew him when he was snot-nosed kid, an' it's not like he was a tosher or a street urchin or somethin'. He went to the same school as me, few years behind.

  • Genevriel is not especially impressionable, either. It's just another night working at the cabaret.

<Denise> you *know him* :O

<Ander> I guess, sort of.

<Ander> He did good for himself, I ain't sayin' he didn't, but they make out like he grew up on the streets...

<Denise> well, I guess the movies is all about stories...

<Ander> Yeah... it's true. I guess it sounds better.

<Ander> Anyway, when you make it big like that, you shouldn't oughta forget where you came from.

<Ander> Now he's Mister Big Shot, hangin' out with nobles an' movie stars an' all, you'd think he'd find some jobs for folk from back in Cabbage Lane, or at least send some money back their way, not pretend like he never lived there.

<Denise> aww :/

<Ander> At least date a Rat girl, or somethin'.

<Denise> that's too bad :|

  • Ander glances at you, feeling a bit bad for ruining your excitement
  • Denise says, her celebrity image shattered

<Ander> Hey I could be wrong. Maybe he's still a good guy for all that.

<Denise> maybe!

<Ander> ... d'you wanna try to meet him?

  • Denise watches after the disappearing crowd

<Denise> :o

  • Ander offers, to make up for being cranky

<Denise> You...think..?

<Ander> Well, it don't hurt to try.

  • Denise eyes the security escort

<Denise> That would be,,, alright... I guess >.> :3 :D

<Denise> then maybe we can fin' out if he's a jerk or not :)

<Ander> Well, let's not jump right up an' run over... we'll give it a chance to settle down. An' maybe we should try an' look like we fit in a bit more too.

<Denise> oh :/

<Denise> I dunno 'bout that

  • Denise idly tugs on her braid

<Ander> Ah, I don't mean we gotta put you in a frilly dress, hon.

  • Ander reassures you

<Denise> yeah but it don't matter, I ain' never gonne fit in a crown like that.

<Ander> I'll just pretty us both up a bit with a spell, maybe ;)

<Ander> Long enough to get us through the door, say

<Denise> I don't wanna get you in trouble just to meet some...movie star >.>

<Ander> You ain't gonna get me in trouble

<Ander> I can do that for myself ;)

  • Denise has a feelin this is a Bad Idea, and yet...

<Denise> Okay :3

  • Ander grins

<Denise> You are really the best!

<Denise> :D

<Ander> Aw, shucks ;p

  • Ralf arrives about then

<Ralf> What's all the commotion about?

<Denise> Orlan Cellier :3

<Ralf> Who?

<Denise> who!?

  • Ander chuckles

<Denise> he was in....

  • Denise considers her audience

<Denise> a bunch of movies >.>

<Ralf> Oh, okay

<Ander> I'll explain more in a bit - right now, see if you can go pick up Helgea, she might come in handy...

<Ralf> Sure thing

  • Ralf gets up again and will head off on that endeavour

<Denise> you are *so* gonna get in trouble ;p

  • Denise tells him

<Ander> hey... Rats gotta stick together. If we can get friendly with him, it's good for all of us.

<Denise> that's true

  • Ander pats your shoulder

<Ander> Don't worry about a thing

  • Denise just grins

Hugo welcomes Orlan and his party

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you are there to welcome the new arrivals into the lounge, of course...

<DiablotinNarrator> On Orlan's arm tonight is Mlle. Camille Silveira, the noted beauty and daughter of the Chief Sorcerer, with whom you are of course... familiar.

<Hugonel> Good evening!

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a k: nob check to see if you recognize others in the group

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+14

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 28 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you recognize several others

<DiablotinNarrator> Bright Rionet is there, with the tiny, delicate, dark-haired Guylaine Olivier at his side.

<DiablotinNarrator> You recognize Augine Pervanche, a priest from the temple of Serpent who is also a nobleman of House Rat.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can also pick out Alistan of Gouge, of the Diablotin of Gouges, and Maryvonne Hartzell, who is the daughter of the Warlord

<Hugonel> (how many in the party altogether?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Others of the group - there are a dozen of them, all together - are not immediately known to you, although they are presumably other wealthy young people, noble or otherwise.

<Hugonel> Welcome one and all to the cabaret. For those who do not already know me, I am Hugo, and I will be your host this evening - of course, along with Titania.

<Orlan> Everything looks swell

  • Orlan says, taking a look around the lounge

<Hugonel> I swell with pride at your kindness.

<Hugonel> Please have a seat, and your servers will be here momentarily.

  • Orlan gives a polite-if-bemused chuckle
  • Camille_ mostly looks horribly embarrassed at you.

<Hugonel> Camille, how lovely to see you again.

<Camille_> Cousin Hugo... how are things at 'work'?

<Hugonel> I'll let you know ... once I find a job. :)

<Orlan> He's your cousin?

<Hugonel> Assisting the Princess-Imperial takes up much of my free time.

<Camille_> ... sort of >.>

<Camille_> Come on, let's get some drinks

<Orlan> Oh, sure, of course

  • Orlan and the other men cluster around the bar to make their orders, while the women mostly take seats and wait for them

Argent and Gen take stock of their assignment for the night

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you will be occupied for a bit with taking orders

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you are sort of hanging out waiting to be needed at this point, but you can have a look at the guests at least

<DiablotinNarrator> You see one of the group and your blood runs cold for a moment. His name is Guydain Larache, and he was a member of the Red Squadron, just like you.

  • Argent will diligently work at the task, but will also try to guage the general mood of the group... hopefully happy and willing to tip well.

<DiablotinNarrator> They seem cheerful for now, Argent - some have clearly been pre-imbibing, so they're already in a good mood to start with

  • Argent smiles makes expensive recommendations while being attentive.
  • Genevriel will go about her work and hope (rather futilely, she expects) that Guydain won't recognize her.
  • Genevriel figures even if he does, she's no one so he probably won't talk to her.

<DiablotinNarrator> Back then, he was called Spider. He was a stealthy scout and a quick thinker, clever at coming up with a plan in a tight spot. There was a time when you trusted him to have your back.

<DiablotinNarrator> He was also, beyond a doubt, one of the most merciless killers you've ever known. You've seen him torture captives for information, execute prisoners begging for mercy, or give them a chance to run only to shoot them in the back.

<DiablotinNarrator> You're not sure if he's noticed you yet or not. He was always good at hiding his reactions.

  • Genevriel tries not to think of all that horrible stuff, and also wonders if he thought she was dead.

<Genevriel> (Is he accompanied by someone as a date?)

  • Genevriel will try to collect information about him by quiet and unobtrusive observation as she does her job. She'll also try to figure out how he got in with this crowd.

<DiablotinNarrator> He is - there's a young woman with him, you don't recognize her or anything, but she has long black hair and is quite thin, and seems to have a sort of nervous tension about her

<DiablotinNarrator> He seems to keep her close, with a hand on her back or her arm most of the time

  • Genevriel will give her a small, supportive smile if she catches her eye when he's not looking.

<DiablotinNarrator> She quickly looks away when you meet her eye

<Genevriel> . o O (Being abused? Wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.  :/ )

Zola and Kai work out a repertoire and are interrupted by Lydienne

<DiablotinNarrator> Meanwhile, Zola, you're backstage preparing for your private performance, talking over some ideas with Kai for songs that would work well enough with just a guitar for accompaniment.

<Kai_> What about if we follow that up with 'Autumn Rains' - it's seasonally appropriate, anyway...

<Zola> Hmm, no... it just doesn't work as well without the punchy keys about midpoint...

<Zola> Ba-dum-dum-dum, yeah?

  • Kai_ strums the chords to try and emulate what it would sound like

<Lydienne> You're not really going to do *that* one, are you?

  • Lydienne asks, leaning against the door with a mug of tea for her throat in one hand

<Zola> Well, I wasn't sure it would translate to the strings very well... but I think Kai has convinced me.

  • Zola gives him a smile.
  • Kai_ smiles back

<Kai_> I think it'll work

<Lydienne> Well... if you think so.

<Zola> How's your evening been so far, Lydienne?

<Lydienne> Not too bad - I'm taking your spot on the main stage

  • Lydienne says, possibly gloating a little

<Zola> Excellent, the regular audience .oO( will still get a comedy act even though Aubrienne's out for the night ) will still get to enjoy some beautiful singing. :)

<Lydienne> The dancers are quarrelling over whether any of them can sneak into the lounge.

<Zola> Do you have any suggestions for such an intimite venue?

<Zola> They should have pitched dance accompaniment to the music to Tits :)

<Lydienne> Oh, well... I don't know if you can carry it off, but you know, you'll have to tone it down a little in such a small space. Not ... belt it out quite so much.

  • Lydienne says 'helpfully'

<Zola> I meant a particular piece, dear.

<Lydienne> Ooohhh.

  • Zola continues to smile.

<Lydienne> What about 'Bringing You Home' - or can you hit that high D?

<Zola> Hmm, a thought. Perhaps we'll have room for it.

<Kai_> I don't think there'll be any problems fitting it in.

  • Zola eyes Kai

<Zola> Well, there you have it... thank you for the suggestion Lydienne.

<Zola> We'll let you know how the audience receives it.

<Zola> .oO( Since you won't be there. )

<Lydienne> Of course - glad to help.

<Lydienne> And you might want to just...

  • Lydienne steps over towards you, gesturing to your face

<Lydienne> ... touch things up a little there, you've got a smudge... oh!

  • Lydienne accidentally (or 'accidentally'?) spills her tea down your cleavage.

<Zola> Oh for...

<Zola> Excellent!

  • Kai_ steps back in case his guitar gets wet, or you two come to blows ;p

<Lydienne> Oh, so sorry!

<Zola> Thank you, I'll be sure to get the smudge immediately after I change into something dry.

<Lydienne> That'll probably stain... you'll want to get Hettie to put it in to soak.

<Lydienne> Well, I'll get out of your wig.

<Lydienne> Good luck with your show :D

  • Zola smiles.

<Zola> Thank you, dear.

  • Zola waits until she's gone to prestidigitate the tea from her clothing.

<Kai_> Everything okay?

<Zola> What a... I mean...

<Zola> Yes, I'll be fine.

<Zola> I didn't set her hair on fire, so I think I'll be good.

<Kai_> you're allowed to say 'bitch', I won't tell ;p

<Zola> I'm saving it for a rainy day.

<Zola> .oO( Just before I drown her in a puddle )

<Kai_> heh

<Zola> We're not doing that song if the Emperor himself requests it.

<Kai_> I figured not.

  • Zola mutters

<Zola> What does she even have to gain from all that.

<Kai_> Jealousy doesn't need to make sense, unfortunately.

<Kai_> Look I think we're good - how about I leave you to get ... composed, before the show. We'll do fine.

<Zola> Maybe some lighting will fal- no. No. Good idea.  :)

  • Kai_ will give you a few moments of peace and quiet, then
  • Zola has a cigarette and tries not to imagine Lydienne being under the lighting that fell in the dance room.

Hugo gets drugs for the guests

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you are doing your best to keep the youngsters entertained, but they are certainly a handful. Right now you're engaged in conversation with M. of Gouge and Mlle. Hartzell.

  • Alistan is a tall, strapping blond lad, like many of the of Gouges, while Mlle. Hartzell is short, with long red hair caught back with a clip

<Alistan> So... what sort of refreshments can we get here?

  • Alistan inquires of you, Hugo

<Hugonel> What would you like?

<Hugonel> I find the selection of wines to be superior.

<Alistan> Hmm... wine's all right, I guess. But surely there must be something a bit more interesting.

<Hugonel> I'm sure that can be arranged as well.

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, normally for something like that you'd go to Dorien, but he hasn't actually been around lately.

<Hugonel> (hmm, who else might have something? or do we keep some in stock, for special occasions?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no, I think the idea is that if Dorien deals it, you guys can't technically get in trouble ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> (but personal stashes are surely plentiful... well, let's see... probably half the musicians ;p Tits, although she's on stage right now. Aubrienne, perhaps?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (or you could see if Argent or some other of the staff has some connection you aren't aware of)

<Hugonel> Anything in particular, M. of Gouge?

<Alistan> Surprise us :)

<Maryvonne> we're easy-going ^-^

  • Hugonel will go try to track down Aubrienne then.

<Hugonel> Very well, I'll just be a moment.

  • Hugonel will try the dressing rooms if she isn't right around.

<Aubrienne> Heya Hugo, how can I be of service? Kids rowdy already?

<Hugonel> Ah, you might say that. They are looking for some special refreshments, if you take my meaning, and M. Voclain is nowhere to be found.

<Hugonel> I was wondering if you knew where I might get something.

<Aubrienne> Well, as I assume it's needed sooner rather than later, did they have anything specific in mind?

<Hugonel> They were indifferent. Let's say something expensive that we can overcharge for, and not raise too many questions when we make a little profit.

<Aubrienne> Oh, hmm. Well, then, I've got a bottle of Onyx stashed away, and, short one of Dorien's brews, that's the most exotic thing I'm holding.

<Hugonel> All right - how much does a bottle go for these days?

<Hugonel> And then let's double it.

<Aubrienne> Well, there is one issue...

<Hugonel> Oh?

<Aubrienne> I don't know how much you've been around people on it. It, ah, makes people strong, and then hallucinate. It might not be the best bet for drunk party guests.

<Aubrienne> I've got a little bit of Cherry Nectar around here somewhere, and some really good dreammist I got from...a friend, but those aren't exactly high-end substances.

  • Aubrienne shrugs

<Hugonel> One of them is a Gouge. He's already strong, one would surmise. But I'll decant only half of it, if that'll help keep things in check. Save the other half.

<Aubrienne> It's your call.

  • Aubrienne goes to retrieve the bottle

<Aubrienne> I got this for 25 imps

  • Aubrienne hands over the bottle

<Aubrienne> But it's still pretty easy to price gouge on.

<Aubrienne> So, you know, charge what you think ludicrously unfair.

<Hugonel> I shall gouge Gouge to the best of my ability.

  • Aubrienne gives Hugo a wink and laughs

<Aubrienne> Well, tell 'em to have fun. I'll see you in there.

  • Hugonel goes over to Suren and gets a small decanter or vial or whatever, then pours a portion into it while reserving the rest.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, can do

  • Hugonel will make sure to stash it safely in a free moment - not now but soon. No point getting caught with contraband.

<DiablotinNarrator> Suren knows perfectly well what you're doing, and also better than to ask ;p

<Hugonel> <w> I'll make sure you're taken care of, no worries. Thanks.

  • Hugonel heads back to the table.

<Maryvonne> Ooh, what do we have here? :D

<Hugonel> Ah, here we are. Apologies for the delay. You understand of course that we don't keep it behind the bar.

<Hugonel> Onyx ... have you tried it before?

  • Maryvonne shakes her head, but Alistan nods.

<Alistan> That'll be great - how much do I owe you?

<Hugonel> Very strong, not to be trifled with. But well worth the risk, and the price.

<Hugonel> For this, twenty-five.

  • Alistan hands you 30

<Alistan> A little something extra for you

  • Hugonel nods.
  • Alistan pours it into small glasses for himself and his companion
  • Maryvonne tosses it back cheerfully - so much for 'not to be trifled with'
  • Alistan sips more prudently
  • Hugonel will make sure to drop an imp Suren's way and 25 for Aubrienne, then return the half-vial to her or stash it in his room, whichever works.

Argent refuses the papparazzi

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Argent, you are heading towards the kitchen with some orders for food when you hear something at the back door - the delivery entrance. The handle's rattling a bit as if someone is trying to get in.

  • Argent will slyly walk up to the door and jerk it open

<DiablotinNarrator> Standing outside is a small man in a loud suit with a camera. He looks surprised, but quickly covers it with a smile.

<Argent> Acts try out during the day.

  • Argent starts to close the door

<Photographer> Oh, hahah, no, that's not it, friend. I was supposed to be meeting someone here, they must have forgotten the time.

<Photographer> How about you let me in so I can find them, and we'll call it square?

<Argent> (do I believe his story?)

<DiablotinNarrator> you can roll a Sense Motive :)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+13

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 22 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 6 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't believe him even a little.

  • Argent smiles at the little man

<Argent> I think its time for you to turn around and walk away, and I'll pretend that I didn't see you tryin' to sneak in... but if I do see you here at all tonight, it's not going to work out well for you.

<Argent> Time to go.

<Photographer> What about twenty imps if you let me in?

  • Photographer offers, not seeming too cowed by you

<Argent> I said GO! (intimidate)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, roll?)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 13 ].

<Photographer> Can you at least confirm that Orlan Cellier's here tonight?

  • Photographer asks, stepping back slightly though
  • Argent slams the door shut

<Argent> ... all the weirdos are coming out tonight.

  • Argent now hurries to the kitchen, knowing that his orders are going to be late thanks to the little man

Hettie deals with dancers' meltdowns

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Hettie - there is some commotion in the dressing room - probably the girls squabbling over something or other

<Hettienne> Uuuuugh.

  • Hettienne bangs on the door.
  • Hettienne then just opens it.

<Hettienne> What's the racket about?

<Jonine> That bitch ripped my dress!

<Hettienne> What the fuckity crap.

<Hettienne> Can't leave you damn kids alone for TWO FUCKING SECONDS.

<Ophira> She started it

<Hettienne> I don't give a flying shit!

<Hettienne> You don't fuck with MY work, unless you want me to make you look like a gods damned SAUSAGE

<Hettienne> not that you need much help

<Hettienne> Let me see the rip.

  • Jonine shows you - it's mostly superficial, some ruffles are torn away at the sleeve

<Ophira> Well she was gonna sneak into the lounge, and we're not supposed to.

<Hettienne> Girls, come the fuck on. >_<

<Jonine> What are you, twelve? Do you think tattling to Hettie's gonna do anything?

<Hettienne> YOU, don't be a cunt. YOU, don't be an idiot.

  • Hettienne snaps.

<Hettienne> Get over here.

  • Hettienne beckons Jonine.
  • Jonine comes over

<Hettienne> You're gonna get your silly self canned if you go in there.

  • Hettienne mutters.
  • Hettienne pulls out her emergency repair kit.

<Jonine> I just wanted to peak...

<Jonine> (peek. not... that other thing ;p)

<Jonine> (well maybe also that)

<Hettienne> Ain't nothin' worth botherin' about in there. Just some puffed up rich kids.

  • Jonine sighs
  • Jonine also, you notice, has a bit of a fat lip where it looks like probably someone smacked her

<Hettienne> Did she hit you?

  • Hettienne frowns.

<Jonine> Yeah...

<Hettienne> Gonna need to fix that up.

<Jonine> do I need to take it off?

<Hettienne> I meant your face.

<Jonine> oh

<Hettienne> But yeah.

<Hettienne> Won't take but a few minutes, but otherwise you're like to get a few extra holes.

<Hettienne> And steer clear of Ophira, for fuck's sake. >:|

  • Jonine will get out of her dress, then, and stand there in her underwear, rather chilly, while you mend the damage

<Jonine> She tries to boss everyone around :p

  • Jonine complains, wrapping her arms around herself to try and warm up

<Hettienne> Either of you can be replaced if you start causin' too much fuss.

<Hettienne> You both oughtta keep that in head.

  • Hettienne says without much sympathy.
  • Jonine pouts a little, but shuts up at least

<Hettienne> There.

<Jonine> thanks, Hettie. you're the best.

  • Hettienne grumbles something that might be 'you're welcome.'
  • Jonine gets dressed again and will hurry off

Denise intercepts a girl looking for a "silver man"

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Denise - Ander's gone off to the bathroom, leaving you alone for a rare moment.

  • Denise people watches
  • Denise keeps an eye out for him coming back, 'cause presumably he will not be long anyway

<DiablotinNarrator> A young woman, not dressed up for a fancy night at the club but rather in simple trousers and a blouse, looks a bit out of place. As you watch she looks a bit uncertain, tries going up to a couple of people to talk only to be ignored or rebuffed.

<Denise> (does she look upset/nervous or anything?)

<DiablotinNarrator> She looks a bit confused, or maybe concerned?

  • Denise will wave her over

<DiablotinNarrator> She looks around like she's not sure you're waving at her, but will come over

<Denise> You lookin' for someone, miss?

<Young_woman> Well, yes, actually...

<Young_woman> I know this is going to sound crazy.

  • Denise listens

<Young_woman> But do you know a silver man who... maybe works here?

<Denise> silver man?

<Denise> like, you mean Haft?

<Young_woman> Is that the warforged over at the door?

<Denise> yeah

<Young_woman> No, that's not right...

<Denise> well, there's Hugo, he's the MC

<Denise> he;s got silvery hair...

<Denise> or Argent I guess

<Denise> but like

<Denise> just the hair

<Young_woman> ...maybe...

<Young_woman> I'd know him if I saw him.

<Denise> well, if they're here tonight, you prolyy ain't gonna see 'em

<Young_woman> no? :/

<Denise> there's a special shindig

<Denise> but they're btoh here most nights

<Young_woman> so if I came back another time...?

<Denise> yeah, prolly :)

<Denise> you got a name?

<Young_woman> Margaux.

<Denise> I know Argent anyway, could tell him someone was maybe lookin' for him

<Margaux> What's your name?

<Denise> you know anythin' else 'bout your silver man?

<Denise> I'm Denise :)

<Denise> like, whats it about, anyway?

<Margaux> I know it's important that I find him

<Denise> welllll

<Denise> I dunno

<Margaux> but... I can't really explain it, I'm sorry.

<Denise> I might see Argent later, maybe?

<Denise> but I dunno when :/

<Margaux> I'll try to come back another night.

<Denise> Okay!

<Margaux> Okay... nice to meet you, Denise.

<Denise> you too :)

  • Margaux will leave, then
  • Ander comes back just as she's leaving

<Ander> What was that?

<Denise> She was maybe lookin' for Argent?

  • Denise shrugs

<Ander> oh yeah? girlfriend?

<Denise> nah

<Denise> ... don't think so anyway...

  • Denise contemplates

<Denise> but nah

  • Denise is pretty sure Argent wouldn't date or shag some girl and not even tell her his name
  • Ander shrugs

<Ander> Not any trouble, though?

  • Denise shakes her head

<Denise> nope :)

<Ander> okay, good

<Denise> not for me, anyway :V

<Ander> well, that's what's important :)

  • Denise grins

Argent is molested

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, despite the delay in placing your food orders, the kitchen does a great job of getting things prepared in good time, so you're not too late in serving the meals

<DiablotinNarrator> You're just setting down your last dish and taking a look around to make sure everyone's happy when you feel a hand on your backside

  • Argent will turn to see who is touching him

<DiablotinNarrator> more than just a pat, but somewhat short of a grope

<Argent> eh?

<DiablotinNarrator> The young lady to your right is smirking

<Argent> those don't come with the meal service

  • Argent smiles and jokes

<Young_lady> Too bad... ^-^

  • Young_man (who appears to be her date/companion/escort for the evening) looks a bit cranky

<Young_lady> What about with dessert?

<Argent> Won't your date be upset?

  • Young_lady shrugs.

<Young_lady> He'll survive ^-^

<Young_man> Oh Kerine, leave the poor boy alone.

<Kerine> Maybe he doesn't want to be left alone... ;)

<Argent> So Kerine is it?

  • Kerine offers her hand

<Kerine> Kerine du Champe, pleased to meet you

  • Argent will take her hand, not sure exactly what to do with it.
  • Kerine gracefully turns it from a 'you can kiss my hand' into a shake, if that's easier

<Argent> Jean, Jean Lundi... As much a pleasure to chat it would be, I'm the only waiter for your entire party...

  • Argent shakes

<Kerine> Oh, of course... I can't keep you. But if you'd like to join us later, maybe...

<Argent> I'll have to see if I can slip away... no promises.

  • Argent smiles and will step away
  • Kerine smiles flirtily and slips an extra 10 in your pocket, taking her time about it
  • Argent reddens a little before his self control and discipline can hid the reaction

Zola flirts with Bright

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, you and Kai are on for some entertainment while they dine and drink

  • Zola will send a smile Bright's way when she can do so discreetly.
  • Bright smiles back
  • Zola doesn't want to disrupt his date though ^_^

<DiablotinNarrator> Do you want to make a roll to see how awesome your performance is? ^-^

<Zola> (Sure :3)

  • Zola will be Inspired :V

<Zola> (30 :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> (nice :)

<Zola> (DEfinitely better than the 13 :P)

<DiablotinNarrator> Everyone is delighted by your performance, and there is hearty applause and cheering after it concludes

  • Zola smiles graciously, waves to the assembled guests as she and Kai make their way out

<DiablotinNarrator> Also numerous offers to buy you a drink

  • Zola could be persuaded to stay for a drink though >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> maybe a few for Kai too, but come on... we know who the star attraction is ;)

  • Bright will be one of the first to proffer a refreshing beverage to you

<Bright> You were marvellous :)

<Zola> (IS Guylaine with us?)

  • Bright is detached momentarily from his lady-friend

<Zola> Thank you... I'm beginning to wonder if having you in the audience might be good luck :)

  • Bright chuckles

<Bright> You're saying I ought to come to more of your shows?

<Zola> Hah, I'll say that whether you're a good luck charm or not.

<Bright> I hope you're not bothered about my date for the evening.

  • Bright says more quietly, just in case anyone is eavesdropping
  • Zola lowers her voice to match his. "No, no. You asked to see me again, not marry me..."

<Bright> Okay. She's not my... we're not involved like that. I bring her sometimes when I need to have a date for something, you know? She's almost more like a sister to me.

<Bright> I just didn't want you to wonder :)

<Zola> I'd have thought you would have ladies lining up to be on your arm.

<Bright> The problem is that then they expect to be on my bed afterwards ;)

<Zola> You make that sound so terrible.

  • Bright grins
  • Zola resists the urge to reach out and caress the fabric of his suit.

<Bright> Not terrible... but sometimes a bit demanding :)

<Zola> It's a hard life, I'm sure.

  • Zola adopts a commiserating look :(

<Bright> Very. Now before I embarrass you by sweeping you into my arms, I'll let someone else have a chance to chat with you ;)

  • Bright nevertheless gives you a kiss on the cheek before relinquishing you to the rest of your admiring audience
  • Zola smiles broadly. "You'll have to embarass me later, then."
  • Zola continues to mingle

Orlan asks Hugo about Lathra

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, Orlan approaches you

<Hugonel> Ah, M. Cellier. How may I be of assistance?

<Orlan> Well, I wanted to say how much we're enjoying everything, first of all

<Hugonel> I'm so glad to hear it.

<Orlan> I also had a question

<Hugonel> Of course.

<Orlan> Is there a woman who works here named Lathra? I haven't seen her around, but then I'm not entirely sure what her... role is, other than that I know she works here.

<Hugonel> I'm not sure what you're asking ... you know she works here, and you would like me to confirm this for you? Or to tell you what she does? Or to find her for you?

<Orlan> Oh, I was hoping to see her

<Orlan> But if she's otherwise occupied...

<Hugonel> (do I know of any reason not to tell him? I can't think of one)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I don't think so? I mean, it's a bit odd, but she hasn't said anything about like... stalker ex boyfriends or the like.)

<Hugonel> (where would Lathra be right now?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (up to Ian)

<Lathra> (Helping out backstage, I imagine)

<Hugonel> Well, she does work here, and it may be possible for you to see her this evening ... I can try to track her down for you, if you wish.

<Orlan> Well... if you let her know I'm here, at least? I don't want to impose, but I'd be happy to see her if she can spare the time.

<Hugonel> She might be backstage. I'll just go pop in there and see.

  • Hugonel will do that.

<Hugonel> Lathra ...?

  • Hugonel pokes around, trying to be quiet so as not to disrupt the stage show.
  • Lathra is packing away equipment from one of the acts, and looks around quietly.

<Hugonel> Oh, there you are.

<Hugonel> Are you busy?

<Lathra> No, not really... just making myself useful.

<Hugonel> This may seem a bit odd, but ... M. Cellier just approached me to ask if he could speak to you this evening.

<Lathra> To me? Well, I don't suppose I shall deny him... thank you for fetching me! Do you know what he's concerned with at all?

<Hugonel> No, he didn't say and I didn't think it proper to inquire.

<Hugonel> You know him, then?

<Lathra> Yes, we've talked before...

  • Lathra glances down at her medic's overalls

<Hugonel> Ah, well, then I shouldn't keep you.

<Lathra> Oh, I should... well, I suppose it can't hurt. Is he with company, or can you just send him back to the green room?

<Hugonel> I'd be happy to do so. He's with his group, but I imagine if he wants to talk to you it would be private.

<Hugonel> You go there, and I'll send him along.

  • Hugonel will go back to find Orlan.

<Lathra> Well thank you again, M.!

<Hugonel> M. Cellier, I have good news. Lathra will be pleased to see you in our green room.

  • Lathra scurries to find *something* to make her overalls a little less mundane.

<Orlan> Oh, all right - where is that?

<Hugonel> I can show you the way.

  • Orlan will follow you, then
  • Hugonel escorts him.

<Hugonel> Here you are. Will you be able to find your way back afterwards? I shouldn't leave your companions unattended for too long.

<Orlan> I think I can manage.

<Orlan> Thank you.

  • Hugonel departs.
  • Orlan will await Lathra, then, a bit awkwardly

Aubrienne and Jed wow the private party

<DiablotinNarrator> Meanwhile, Aubrienne, you and Jed are up for the next section of the evening's entertainment

  • Aubrienne will be happily prepping, chatting with Jed

<Aubrienne> This'll be a good opportunity. I haven't done 'street magic' stuff for a while.

  • Jed is in his usual ridiculously skimpy costume

<Jed> It should be fun... hopefully.

  • Jed agrees

<Jed> I'm ready when you are, boss.

  • Aubrienne smiles

<Aubrienne> And here we go...

  • Jed follows you out for your performance
  • Aubrienne appears seemingly from thin air in the middle of the lounge in a puff of smoke, her cards flying from one hand to the other

<DiablotinNarrator> The crowd oohs and aaahs

<Aubrienne> Ladies and gentleman and perhaps not so gentle men, here's to an enchanting evening!

<DiablotinNarrator> (applause)

  • Aubrienne dims the light as much as she can with a little prestidigitation, giving enough shadows to make Jed's entrance more dramatic
  • Jed 's entrance is maybe less dramatic than yours, but he's more naked, so that helps ;)

<Aubrienne> And please raise a glass, and whatever else you like, for my lovely assistant!

<Aubrienne> (She'll do a couple of her flashier bits for the room as a whole, making sure to work the crowd and try to get as much involvement as possible)

Gen is accosted by her former squadmate, Guydain Larache

<DiablotinNarrator> While Aubrienne's proceeding with her show, Gen, you're trying to subtly clear away some empty dishes/glasses while the crowd's attention is elsewhere

<DiablotinNarrator> A hand snakes out from one of the booths to grab your wrist, Gen

  • Genevriel uses a sharp twisting movement to break the attacker's grip and pull away, if she can.

<DiablotinNarrator> you can manage to pull away

  • Genevriel will try to spot the perpetrator.

<Genevriel> (I'm not sure how dark it is from the prestidigitation.)

<Guydain> (darker than usual, but not pitch black or anything)

<Genevriel> (Ok, so was he lower rank than me?)

<Guydain> (I figured you guys were equal rank in the squad.)

<Genevriel> This isn't that kind of club, Larache.

<Guydain> Just trying to get your attention

<Guydain> Have a seat.

<Genevriel> No can do. I'm working. You've got as long as it takes me to clear off your table.

  • Genevriel keeps clearing dishes onto her tray.

<Guydain> We all thought you were dead, you know. We worried about you.

<Guydain> Maybe you didn't know. The squad got broken up after...

<Guydain> people lost touch

<Genevriel> War's over, Larache. That's going to happen.

<Guydain> they talked about trials - war crimes.

  • Genevriel feels a chill.

<Guydain> have you talked to Polly? Saltpeter Pol?

<Guydain> She was lookin' for you, after what happened.

<Genevriel> (who's Polly?)

<Guydain> (another member of the Red squad)

<Guydain> (an alchemist, to be precise)

  • Guydain 's voice loses some of its posh accent as he speaks to you, slipping back into the way you'd talk during the war

<Genevriel> I was under medical care for a while, and then the war ended and everyone was shipping out. I haven't seen anyone since that last assignment.

<Guydain> She saw what happened to you, and the kid.

<Guydain> Didn't wanna talk about it with the rest of us.

  • Genevriel gives a curt nod.

<Guydain> It's good to see you, Gennie. Good to know you're alive, anyway.

<Genevriel> Thanks for the intel. Enjoy your evening, Larache.

<Guydain> Take care now.

<Genevriel> You too.

  • Genevriel says through the sour taste in her mouth.
  • Genevriel moves to the next table with her partially laden tray.

Hettie finds Larache's fiancee crying

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you're walking by the door to the bathroom and you hear someone inside crying.

<Hettienne> . o O (What now?)

  • Hettienne sighs and pushes the door open, against her better judgement.

<Hettienne> Hullo?

<DiablotinNarrator> (so far as you know the dancers are out on stage, so it isn't one of them at least...)

  • Young_woman sniffles, turning around so you don't get a good look at her face

<Hettienne> Everything all right in here...?

  • Young_woman is thin and has black hair, looks like a guest, not an employee, by her fancy dress

<Young_woman> oh... I'm sorry, I shouldn't be here, but...

<Hettienne> You alright, hon?

<Young_woman> No... I don't know...

  • Hettienne comes up a little closer.
  • Young_woman 's wrap slips a bit so you notice some finger-sized bruises on her arm
  • Hettienne frowns.

<Young_woman> Just let me splash a little water on my face and I'll go

<Hettienne> I think maybe you oughtta get that arm looked at.

  • Young_woman tugs her wrap back into place

<Young_woman> It's nothing, really...

<Hettienne> Don't look like nothin'.

<Hettienne> Looks like *somethin'*.

  • Hettienne thins her lips and crosses her arms.

<Young_woman> >.>

<Young_woman> he just got upset because I was talking to the guy with the guitar

<Hettienne> Oh that how it is, huh.

<Hettienne> Girl, you ain't gotta put up with that. Nobody does.

  • Hettienne softens her voice a little.

<Hettienne> C'mon and let's go see Lathra, she'll fix you up.

<Young_woman> ... I ... well, okay...

  • Hettienne takes her by the arm in a way that leaves litle choice.


Lathra and Orlan discuss Bella and Larache; Hettienne brings Bella to Lathra

<DiablotinNarrator> speaking of Lathra, let's skip to her and Orlan :)

  • Lathra doesn't take long, but returns with her hair a little looser, a snake pendant around her neck and a rather less-practical pair of shoes than she was wearing previously.
  • Orlan smiles to see you, but looks a bit concerned as well

<Orlan> Thank you... I'm really sorry to bother you

<Lathra> Not at all, Orlan dear! I had the time this evening, and I'm always happy to help... is it something dire?

<Orlan> It's ... is it all right to talk privately here?

<Lathra> I believe so, but if you're worried about discretion we could go to my storeroom, which isn't used by anyone else, but is both markedly less comfortable and more likely to cause Talk if anybody feels like speculating

  • Lathra winks

<Orlan> well... I guess it's all right.

  • Orlan says, looking around the room

<Orlan> I don't really know how to handle this. But there's a girl... she's sweet, nice... and she has a really shitty boyfriend. And I don't know what to do about it - I can't just tell her to dump him, they're nobles, they've been supposed to get married since they were kids or something.

<Orlan> I realize this is really... not your problem, at all, I just needed to talk to someone about it.

<Orlan> I can't handle all this noble bullshit sometimes.

<Lathra> Well, you can go ahead and talk dear, and I'll listen, and if you want my opinon you just ask for it.

<Orlan> Do you think I should tell her how I feel?

<Orlan> or does that just make things worse for her, if he gets jealous?

<Lathra> Well, if I may clarify, when you say "there's this girl" do you mean "there's this girl and I would like to be romantically involved with her?"

<Orlan> Maybe, yeah...

<Lathra> Or are your "feelings" purely regarding the injustice of her current engagement?

<Orlan> well, if she wasn't stuck with him, I'd wanna know how she felt about me, I guess.

<DiablotinNarrator> (about this time, Hettie's bringing her into the green room to get Lathra's medical attention...)

<Lathra> Oh my, perhaps my opinion will have to wait, although I do have one to give, dear.

<Hettienne> Oh there you are.

<Hettienne> They told me I'd find you here.

  • Hettienne is escorting a dark-haired girl who looks like she's been crying.

<Orlan> ...Bella? are you okay?

<Hettienne> You know her?

  • Hettienne eyes him suspiciously.

<Bella> I'm all right, Orlan, it's nothing really. A silly accident.

<Hettienne> Accident runnin' into some hood's hand.

  • Hettienne growls.

<Hettienne> Lathra, you look 'er over.

<Orlan> Did he hit you?

<Lathra> Yes, of course

  • Lathra examines her gently

<Bella> no... not like that. he just ... took my arm, he didn't mean to do it that hard.

<Hettienne> Horsefeathers.

  • Bella has minor injuries, Lathra, you can get her sorted out quite easily
  • Lathra tends to them.

<Orlan> I'm going to tell him to leave you alone.

<Bella> it won't help, that'll only make things worse!

<Orlan> :/

<Hettienne> You need someone to teach him a lesson. >:|

<Orlan> I can't just pretend it's okay. I'm still going to say something.

  • Orlan turns to head back to the lounge

<Orlan> oh.

  • Orlan stops for a second, turning back to her.

<Orlan> I'll take care of you, if he tries anything. I promise.

  • Orlan will then continue his storming off

<Hettienne> Girl, you gotta take care of your own self.

  • Hettienne says when he's gone.

<Bella> ... yes. I do.

<Hettienne> You can't count on no man to do it for you.

  • Lathra finishes up and tries to catch him for a moment.

<Hettienne> You want someone to call you a cab?

<DiablotinNarrator> You can catch him in the hallway, Lathra

<Bella> I'm afraid they're going to start fighting...

<Lathra> One moment, M. Cellier!

  • Orlan holds up for a second

<Orlan> yes?

<Hettienne> We got people to take care of that.

<Lathra> Firstly, I suggest that you be sure that you're prepared to keep the promise you just made, regardless of the outcome of your actions.

  • Orlan nods

<Lathra> And secondly, I suggest that you be sure in yourself that you're aiming only to help, regardless of any reciprocity or disappointment you receive. I'd bring that up only after... your friend's own interests are secured, if I make myself clear?

<Lathra> There's my opinion.

<Orlan> ...I understand

  • Lathra flashes a smile for the benefits of passers-by.

<Orlan> she doesn't owe me anything, you mean

  • Lathra nods

<Orlan> I just want to make sure he can't hurt her anymore.

<Lathra> Well, I think that's a noble goal.

<Orlan> thanks...

  • Orlan looks more wary as he turns back to the door, as a little of the fight has had time to drain out of him

<Lathra> She's a person too though - make sure you're not making things worse for her, and the best person to tell you how you might is her...

<Orlan> ...

<Orlan> I'll... I'll think about it. I'm not going to run in there and punch him, if that's what you're worried about.

<Lathra> It's not... not exactly. Just think about it and make your choice carefully.

  • Orlan nods

<Orlan> I will

<Orlan> Thank you

  • Orlan will head back into the lounge, then

Ander introduces Denise and company to Orlan

<DiablotinNarrator> Meanwhile, Denise, Ralf has come back with Helgea, to add a bit more class to your party, and Ander has done some magic on you two - you don't think you look different, but you feel more... charming ^-^

<Ander> Ready?

  • Ander offers you his arm

<Denise> Yes :D

  • Denise will take it feeling a little less awkward than she normally would
  • Ander will stroll you lot casually over to the doors to the lounge, and have a word with Epane
  • Ander spins a short story about 'old school friends' and 'just a few words' and also slips her a twenty for good measure, and you're inside

<Denise> . o O (EEEEEEEEE)

  • Orlan is just re-emerging from wherever he was when Ander strides over to shake his hand

<Ander> Orlan, hey, good to see you again!

<Denise> . o O (omigishomigoshomigosh)

<Orlan> Oh, uh, ... Ander?

  • Orlan fishes for a moment but comes up with the right name

<Ander> That's right, and this are my friends Denise, Ralf, and Helgea

  • Ander introduces you around

<Denise> Hi.

  • Helgea is just as star-struck as you, Denise, and you wonder if that isn't half the reason Ander asked her along

<Helgea> Hi, uh... it's really nice to meet you @_@

  • Denise probably has that Gleam that he has seen in many a 16yrolds eyes before

<Orlan> You too, of course. Always good to see folks from the old neighbourhood...

  • Orlan pauses for a moment, thinking about that

<Orlan> Actually. It's great that you're here, come on, have some drinks, we'll talk, catch up on old times...

  • Orlan puts an arm around Ander and will make sure you lot are well taken care of
  • Denise makes OMG eyes at Helgea, because OMG

<Denise> . o O (BEST BOSS EVER)

  • Helgea EEEEEs quietly to you when the boys aren't paying attention

<Denise> <w> this is So Cool :D :o

<Helgea> <w> I knoooow!

Epilogue

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you can get Bella a cab and see her off safely.

<DiablotinNarrator> The rest of you, the remainder of the evening passes fairly smoothly, all things considered. Argent and Gen, you make some decent tips off the crowd as they get progressively drunker; Hugo, nothing else goes horribly wrong; Zola and Aubrienne, you both get plenty of drinks bought for you :D

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, you're left wondering a little whether Orlan will actually heed your advice, but ... well, that's up to him.

<DiablotinNarrator> oh and Argent, you can avoid drunk ladies who want to grab your butt (if you're so inclined to avoid them ;)

<Argent> (if there dropping 10 imp tips every time, ill tolerate it :))

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

  • Argent will also chuckle when he sees Denise

<DiablotinNarrator> (bonus for Argent!)

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you think Guydain has left, or at least you don't see him again after his conversation with you

<DiablotinNarrator> The rest of the group can stumble out of the club at 3am, to be photographed as they leave by the very patient reporter who has been sitting in the cold.

<DiablotinNarrator> The end, for now...

<Denise> (I assume Orlan doens't actually talk business at his party, but contact has been made >.>)

<DiablotinNarrator> (correct, he's smarter than that ;)

Solos

Aubrienne and Lathra discuss the "forestheart"

<Aubrienne> Anywhosit, Aubrienne will probably track Lathra down at the club at some point in the days after her visit from Cora of Gouge.

<Aubrienne> Lathra, do you happen to have a minute?

<Lathra> Aubrienne darling! Of course, I saved a minute especially for you.

<Aubrienne> Do you recall the conversation we had over coffee the other day? I think I might have something more.

<Aubrienne> I had a visitor here a few days ago, my brother's old commanding officer.

<Lathra> Oh my, I don't know if I can *handle* more! Oh, but go on, do go on.

  • Lathra listens

<Aubrienne> She brought a letter from him that...well, that sounds a lot like the things we've been hearing.

<Aubrienne> Have you ever heard the term "the Forestheart"?

<Lathra> Never in all my days.

<Aubrienne> His letter ends saying "The Forestheart is open." Before that, he talks about a world behind ours, where people who aren't people are calling him to join them...and then he disappeared.

  • Aubrienne shivers a little

<Aubrienne> Like I said, it just sounded familiar.

<Lathra> Well, that's all very mysterious, once again. It all sounds *very* familiar.

<Lathra> Maybe that word could be a lead! A clue...

<Lathra> Oh my, I really do rather think it's time to start asking people for help.

<Aubrienne> I couldn't agree more.

<Lathra> Well now, I believe we suggested some of *my* contacts, but who else could we go to. Perhaps somebody from the Castalia? Maybe Titania would know?

<Aubrienne> We can ask her. Hugo has contacts there as well, I think.

<Lathra> Well, let's do.

<Aubrienne> Certainly we can't be the only ones seeing this, right?

<Lathra> Well, not in isolation certainly, but perhaps we've had more of an opportunity to see the pattern?

<Aubrienne> I guess.

<Aubrienne> Well, I suppose we'll see what we can put together. I hate to see people suffer.

<Lathra> I find the whole affair rather more unsettling than the suffering of the individuals, not that their suffering isn't tragic. I'm becoming more and more afraid that ... something ... will happen.

<Aubrienne> Something? Care to elaborate?

<Lathra> Oh, I don't even *know* what. It's all this talk of "*coming* back" and "*taking* back" and such, it all sounds very ominous.

<Aubrienne> And yet I don't really know how to take it to anyone in authority without sounding, well, like crazy visions.

<Aubrienne> Which, I suppose, is why we have to work our contacts and see where it leads.

<Aubrienne> "Work our contacts." Psh. I sound like some dimestore detective novel.

<Lathra> Well *I* thought it sounded very professional!

<Aubrienne> Well, thanks. Here's hoping it turns out as well as it does in the books.


Dorien gets an apprentice


<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, your father remains in the hospital, although they say he should be able to go home any day now
<Dorien_Voclain> (ok)
<DiablotinNarrator> You're at home at the moment, maybe trying to grab some rest after a long day at the hospital with him
* Dorien_Voclain pours himself a stiff drink.
<DiablotinNarrator> You're just settling in to relax when there's a knock at your door
<Dorien_Voclain> *sigh*
* Dorien_Voclain gets up and looks through the window/peephole
<DiablotinNarrator> There's a shadar-kai girl standing there, looking around a bit. She has curly black hair and pale grey skin.
<Dorien_Voclain> The fuck...
* NPC1 is now known as SKgirl
* Dorien_Voclain opens the door but leaves the chain drawn.
<Dorien_Voclain> Yeah? Are you looking for Argent?
<SKgirl> No, Dorien Voclain? is that you?
<Dorien_Voclain> (also, how old does she look?)
* SKgirl looks like a teenager, maybe, but SK ages can be a bit hard to judge? she's pretty young, you think
<Dorien_Voclain> Who's asking?
<SKgirl> Puce said I'd find you here. I'm your new assistant.
* Dorien_Voclain closes the door. "Oh for fuck sake." After a moment, he unlatches the chain and opens it again.
<Dorien_Voclain> I guess come on in. Sorry, I wasn't expecting company.
<SKgirl> So, like, you live here?
* SKgirl looks around a bit sniffily
<Dorien_Voclain> If you can call it that. What's your name?
<SKgirl> Misery
<Dorien_Voclain> (...)
<Dorien_Voclain> (...)
* Dorien_Voclain tosses himself down on the couch and picks up his drink again.
<Dorien_Voclain> How old are you?
<Misery> are you checking ID? does it matter?
* Dorien_Voclain shrugs.
<Dorien_Voclain> Guess not.
<Dorien_Voclain> You know what you're getting into?
<Misery> Prolly more than you did.
* Misery shoves her hands in the pockets of her too-big sweater
* Dorien_Voclain grins
<Dorien_Voclain> So what do you know about alchemy?
<Misery> Don't mix acids and bases? I dunno, I know some.
<Dorien_Voclain> *sigh*
<Dorien_Voclain> This is gonna be fun.
* Dorien_Voclain downs his drink.
<Misery> Do I get a drink too?
* Forthright (webchat@141.217.11.10) has joined #changeling
* Dorien_Voclain gestures to the counter where the bottle of cheap gin is.
<Dorien_Voclain> Glasses are next to the sink. Bring the bottle.
* Misery goes to get it, then
<Dorien_Voclain> So how do you know Puce?
* Misery shrugs
<Misery> He knows my mom. He knew I was looking for work.
<Misery> So... here I am.
<Dorien_Voclain> You know how dangerous this is? Not just the chemicals. I mean those are deadly enough, but there's... external factors.
* Misery gives you a dry look
<Dorien_Voclain> You don't have any other options, do you?
<Misery> It is what it is
* Misery says with a shrug
* Misery pours herself a drink
* Dorien_Voclain takes the bottle when she's finished and refills his own glass.
<Dorien_Voclain> Well I guess we're stuck together for now, then.
<Misery> Here's to better living through chemistry, then
* Misery offers you a toast
* Dorien_Voclain laughs, but clinks his glass.
<Dorien_Voclain> Remind me to punch Puse next time I see him.
<Misery> sure, I can do that
* Dorien_Voclain grins.
<Dorien_Voclain> Yeah. You might work out ok.
<Dorien_Voclain> At least you got the spine for it.
<Misery> I guess.
<Misery> It's better'n the alternatives
<Dorien_Voclain> What're the alternatives?
<Misery> Whoring. Going back to the Shadow Plane.
<Dorien_Voclain> Is that second one really so bad? I hear it's nice there this time of year.
<Misery> I haven't lived there since I was a baby, so... no to that.
* Dorien_Voclain nods.
<Dorien_Voclain> You could always leave. There's a whole empire out there. Mabe hitch to Psyra. Plenty of rebuilding jobs there.
<Misery> I got reasons to stay here.
* Dorien_Voclain nods.
<Dorien_Voclain> Sorry, I just wanna make sure you know what you're getting into. I guess that's your business.
<Misery> Look - I know it could be dangerous. So could any of those other things I could do. At least this one, I know there's good money in it.
* Misery looks around your house
<Misery> Well.. there should be, anyway.
* Dorien_Voclain looks around as well. "Yeah, well... I have hobbies."
<Misery> Uh huh...
<Dorien_Voclain> The money isn't bad, but it's not gonna make you rich.
<Misery> I don't need rich.
<Dorien_Voclain> Well... I can't say I didn't try to warn you. Welcome to the firm, I guess.
<Misery> Yeah. Thanks, I guess.
* Misery takes another drink
* Dorien_Voclain tosses back his second drink and stands up, gesturing to his room. "C'mon, I'll show you where I do my cooking. Whatever you do, don't spill your drink. You might set the house on fire."
<Misery> I'll... try to avoid that.
<Dorien_Voclain> Good girl.
* Misery will follow you to where the magic happens, then
<Dorien_Voclain> (heh)
* Dorien_Voclain will show her some of the basics, various equipment and chemicals, etc. Go over basic safety stuff
* Misery does seem to know some basics - she must have had at least a bit of training, you think - but she listens anyway, even if she looks a bit bored at pointa
<Misery> (points)
<Dorien_Voclain> Alright... I think that's enough for today. I need to get some sleep and then get back to... things. Tomorrow we start the real training. 9 am. Don't be late.
<Misery> ugh.... 9am?
<Dorien_Voclain> Yeah, I know. Right now I'm kind of on a fixed schedule. Should be a bit more relaxed soon. Until then, 9 am.
* Misery rolls her eyes a bit, but says "okay"
<Dorien_Voclain> Oh, and tomorrow if you want gin, you better bring it. Only the first one's free.
<Misery> 9am's more of a whiskey time of day
* Misery says dryly
<Dorien_Voclain> You know, I like you already.
* Misery will head off, then, pulling her hood up against the cold
* Dorien_Voclain will shut the door and collapse back in his couch. "What the fuck am I doing?"
<Dorien_Voclain> *sigh*