Diablotin 3 session 73

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 73 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: April 29, 2018
Diablotin date:

Prologue

Hettie has a baby

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you're being kept very busy - between working on the Empress's gowns, and Tits' gearing up to re-open, you have enough work for several of yourself.

<DiablotinNarrator> You've been having some back pain and (if I know Hettie) probably trying to push through it just to get a few more things done. You're in the process of doing a fitting for Janelle for a fancy evening gown, when it starts getting too uncomfortable to ignore.

<Hettienne> mother fuck... X|

<Janelle> oh :o Are you all right?

<Hettienne> too much bendin' over I guess

  • Janelle turns to look, being careful because her gown is full of pins

<Janelle> Is it your back?

<Hettienne> Yeah...

<Hettienne> Let's just get this done so I can sit my big ass down

<Janelle> are you sure?

<Hettienne> unless you wanna go through your day gettin' stabbed by pins.

<Janelle> all right...

  • Janelle says a bit uncertainly
  • Hettienne will try to power through just a little longer.

<DiablotinNarrator> You finish up pinning the hem, and as you finally stand up you feel a sudden gush of wetness.

<Hettienne> uh... shit

<Hettienne> (DID IT GET ON THE DRESS)

  • Janelle looks down and manages to dodge the flood so your work doesn't get drenched

<Hettienne> GET AWAY GET AWAY

<Hettienne> DON'T GET IT ON THE DRESS

  • Janelle hauls the train with her

<Hettienne> Aw fuck

<Hettienne> This is real embarrassin'

<Janelle> got it, it's okay

<Janelle> just a second...

  • Janelle calls for one of her ladies in waiting to get some help, and another to get her out of the dress, so she can have it safely out of the way before she comes to check on you in her slip :p
  • Hettienne is kind of stunned

<Janelle> It's okay - I was a nurse, I can help.

<Hettienne> Uh. Sure

<Hettienne> I guess?

<Janelle> The back pain was probably contractions... sometimes that's what they feel like.

<Hettienne> You had a lot off babies then??

  • Hettienne snaps

<Hettienne> Ugh. Sorry.

<Janelle> no, but I've delivered some. it's okay. I know it hurts :(

<Hettienne> Fuck me sideways this is worse than gettin' shot

<Janelle> do you want me to call for anyone for you?

<Hettienne> Nycki...

  • Janelle nods
  • Janelle will help you to a couch so you can sit/lie down

<Janelle> I'll get someone to track her down.

<Janelle> in the meantime, since it's your first it probably won't be here really quickly...

<Hettienne> Ugh...

  • Janelle will try to help make you comfortable, as much as that's possible anyway... she'll have servants get you water, snacks, clean towels, all that good stuff, and will stay with you, helping count the length of time between contractions to get a sense of how far you've progressed.

<Hettienne> This is terrible

<Hettienne> Why do people do this

<Janelle> Well... you do get a baby out of it...

  • Janelle holds your hand

<Hettienne> >:|

  • Janelle will keep you company/keep checking on you to make sure you're doing okay - probably an hour or so later, Nycki shows up.
  • Nycki waddles in, huge as well, and will come over to you quickly (for some values of quickly)

<Nycki> hey babe... you're doin' great.

<Hettienne> i am not

<Hettienne> this ain't in no way great >:|

<Nycki> yeah... but it'll be over soon, an' you'll be able to lie down like normal again, an' eat without gettin' heartburn all the time, so there's that...

<Hettienne> HOW SOON

<Nycki> fucked if I know, hon. I know it's not soon enough :/

  • Janelle cancels her meetings for the rest of the day due to incoming baby ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> After far too much time (from Hettie's perspective anyway) finally the time has come to push, and with encouragement from Nycki and Janelle (and probably a lot of swearing) you can finally manage to get this dang baby out.

<Hettienne> (yay!)

  • Janelle will catch the baby

<Janelle> oh! there you go :D a girl!

<Hettienne> Really?

  • Hettienne is exhausted

<Hettienne> Lemme see..

<Nycki> oh my gods :o she's got your hair, hon :)

<Hettienne> Ha! Nice

  • Janelle will carefully bring the baby up to set in your arms. As Nycki indicated, she has a full head of thick dark hair.

<Hettienne> (is she huge, or hettie-sized :v)

<DiablotinNarrator> She is smol :3

<Hettienne> She felt a lot bigger...

  • Nycki grins

<Nycki> look at her...

<Nycki> she's so pretty :3

<Hettienne> Yeah.. yeah she is... ;_;

  • Nycki gives you a kiss.

<Nycki> what are we gonna call her?

<Hettienne> I uh... oh, fuck

<Hettienne> I don't know ;_;

<Nycki> well.. we ain't gotta decide right this second.

<Nycki> if I get a vote, Anny's cute though ;)

<Hettienne> What about... Minerva

<Nycki> awww :D

<Nycki> I like it!

<Hettienne> Anny for the second?

  • Nycki grins

<Nycki> well if we got a girl in here, too, sure :)

  • Nycki says, patting her own belly.

<Hettienne> I meant second name but heh, sure :v

<Nycki> oh, heh

<Nycki> Minerva Anny?

  • Nycki looks down at her to see if it fits

<Nycki> I think it looks good on her :3

<Hettienne> Yeah... :3

<Nycki> here... can I hold her for a bit so you can get cleaned up? :3

<Hettienne> yeah!

  • Nycki takes her carefully then, being not an expert at babies ;)

<Janelle> was it worth it? :)

<Hettienne> Heh...

  • Janelle asks as she helps you get more comfortable

<Hettienne> She's so pretty ;_;

  • Janelle smiles

<Janelle> it's fine for you to stay as long as you need to - but if you want to get home, we can arrange for a car and everything.

<Hettienne> Awright...

  • Hettienne has to try to figure out feeding this small creature an' everything

<Janelle> she's lovely :)

<Janelle> thank you for letting me help. it's an honour.

<Hettienne> no, thank *you*...

<Hettienne> Now I get t' tell them they were delivered by the Empress, heh.

  • Janelle smiles at that

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, I think we can leave you there, dealing with a cute new arrival, and move on to Hugo)

<Hugonel> (ok)

Hugo meets Eirini

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you are, idk, sorting your cloaks into day wear, evening wear, and fancy, when there is a knock at your door.

  • Hugonel answers the door.
  • Eirini 's hair is shading into white, still just a little red at the ends.

<Hugonel> Oh -- ahh, hello, Eirini.

<Hugonel> Ahh, would you like to come in?

<Eirini> Please...

<Eirini> How have you been?

  • Eirini asks as she steps inside.

<Hugonel> I've been well, all things considered. The past few months have been rather chaotic, so I suppose I would say ... unsettled.

  • Eirini nods

<Hugonel> I haven't decided yet whether or for how long I would want to stay at the Cabaret. It seems like I'm - well, past all that.

<Eirini> what would you do instead?

<Hugonel> I don't know - perhaps find some work in the government? Or at the Castalia?

Stuff missing here

Gen looks into an outbreak of Filth Fever in the Shade and the Shambles

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, as part of your usual volunteering to help heal the poor, you have been hearing some unusual reports recently. At first it was just a few rumours - shadar-kai disappearing, which was often attributed to them deciding to leave this plane and return home.

<DiablotinNarrator> But lately there have been more such stories from the people you are treating, and also you've been finding cases of a contagious disease spreading in the Shade and Shambles.

<DiablotinNarrator> You're able to treat them so they shouldn't spread the sickness further, but new cases keep cropping up anyway.

<Genevriel> (Is it fungAL BASEd?)

  • Genevriel would try to figure out what the disease is, and working from there.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can roll a Heal check.

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+23

  • Korivan rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 37 ].
  • Genevriel will also start keeping records of where the sick people have been, so she can try to pinpoint a source, if there is one.

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't think it's fungal in nature. It is something generally called Filth Fever, which is usually spread by rat bites. It causes fever, exhaustion, etc. However this is somewhat different than the typical cause, as they don't all show signs of having been bitten.

<DiablotinNarrator> The cases seem especially focused in the Shade, with a few outliers in the Shambles, Castalia, etc. who might have been in the Shade in the recent past.

<DiablotinNarrator> (brb sorry)

Gen tells the other PCs about the rat-borne disease

  • Genevriel will alert health authorities if any exist, and share her discovery with the rest of the PCs since it's possible this has something to do with the as-yet-unapprehended Father Willem.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, let's say you can be over at Dorien and Argent's place, telling them about it.

<Denise> (do I know about the BABY yet? :3)

<Genevriel> (Who all is here? Hopefully everyone who is mobile? Denise ought to know since she's the Imperial Correspondent for our group.  ;D )

<Eirini> (I'd say yes, this is probably a couple days after BABY ;)

  • Dorien is at home on one of the rare nights he isn't working or at the farm.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Denise can be there, sure)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Aubrienne too if Josh is available :)

  • Argent and Denise can be playing cards

<DiablotinNarrator> (I assume Hettie is a bit busy, and Hugo is unavailable since Steve had to step out ;)

  • Denise has so much baby related news :V
  • Genevriel fills you in on the weird disease.

<Denise> wait what does it do?

<Genevriel> It causes a fever, tiredness - the usual sort of thing you'd inspect from an infection.

<Denise> uh, okay

<Argent> but no indication of a source of the infection?

<Genevriel> But this version is somewhat remarkable in that the majority of the patients I've seen have no sign of a rat bit, which is the usual route of infection.

<Denise> but like, worse than regular just gettin' sick?

<Genevriel> Well, the source of the infection is likely in the Shade, but I can't narrow it down any more than that.

<Dorien> Do you have any clue as to the vector?

<Argent> The Victor?

<Dorien> Vector... the thing that passes on the infection.

<Genevriel> I don't, but that Father Willem character is associated with rats, and is still on the loose in our plane as far as we know. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he might have something to do with it.

<Denise> okay...

<Denise> we can go pokin' around a bit?

<Genevriel> That's what I hoped we might be able to do.

<Dorien> Poking round where? The Shade's a big place.

<Denise> see if there's any... unusual shifty rats?

  • Denise shrugs

<Argent> or ghost rats

<Denise> less big if you know the right folks

<Denise> oooh, right ghost rats :o

<Aubrienne> Yeah, we can ask around.

<Denise> I dunno though, I thought they got sorted out

<Aubrienne> I imagine ghost rats might be hard to track down. Maybe they didn't get all of them.

<Genevriel> Ghost rats might be a vector, since in theory a ghost wouldn't leave a bite mark...

<Dorien> huh.

<DiablotinNarrator> At that point, the telephone rings.

Mireva asks for help

  • Dorien will answer it.

<Argent> I GOT IT

  • Dorien or not.
  • Argent dives for the phone
  • Dorien retracts his hand quickly so that Argent doesn't take it off at the wrist.
  • Argent holds it up victoriously

<Argent> HELLO?!

  • Denise half considers answering it

<Mireva> Argent? is that you?

<Argent> YES IT IS.

  • Mireva is almost whispering, or sounds very far away, but you can make out her words.

<Mireva> quiet! everyone'll hear...

<Argent> is everything ok?

  • Argent sounds worried
  • Denise frowns
  • Argent mouths "its Mireva"

<Mireva> I'm at the olvir, and there's someone - something - here... we need help.

<Denise> :o

  • Denise looks More Concerned

<Argent> we'll be right there as fast as we can

<Mireva> a shadow with a sword...

  • Mireva 's voice cuts off and the line goes dead

<Argent> VOID

<Dorien> Uhhhhhh...

<Denise> Where is she /

  • Denise is already on her feet

<Argent> The olvir

<Denise> OKay come on

  • Argent grabs his sword/gun belt
  • Denise will head out the door

<Dorien> I... what? What are we doing?

  • Dorien follows.

<Aubrienne> Guys, there's a quicker way

<Genevriel> What's the olvir?

<Argent> Can you get us there Aubrienne?

<Genevriel> And who was that?

  • Denise turns back at the door

<Argent> its was Mireva, a friend

<Denise> My best friend, an she's in trouble

<Denise> one of

<Aubrienne> Yeah, I should be able to. Directly in, or just outside?

  • Denise ammends with a glance at Argent

<Denise> in :|

<Argent> right in

  • Genevriel follows everyone else
  • Dorien pops open his desk drawer and grabs his revolver.

<Dorien> Ok.

<Dorien> So much for my night off.

  • Genevriel is not armed, but she has quite a few spells these days.

<Aubrienne> Okay, can do.

  • Aubrienne will Mage Armor up at least.
  • Argent will cast see invisible on himself

<Misery> what's going on?

  • Misery asks, puzzled

<Argent> Mireva is in trouble

  • Dorien will drink a cognatogen and cast Mage armor on himself

<Aubrienne> Argent and Denise need to do their whole day-saving routine.

<Aubrienne> We're along for support.

  • Genevriel casts Magic Circle of Protection Against Evil since it's the only thing that will last a good chunk of time. Other stuff will have to wait for a combat situation.

<Denise> come ooooon >:|

<Argent> lets go

<Dorien> It's ok, Mis. I'll be back soon.

  • Aubrienne will Teleport folks when we're ready

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, so you're teleporting the 5 PCs to inside the olvir?

<Dorien> <W> She is gonna be soooo mad.

<Aubrienne> (That is the plan.)

<DiablotinNarrator> just adjusting on roll20 slightly :)

<DiablotinNarrator> but you can get roll20 loaded up

In to Roll20; combat ensues

<Aubrienne> (I'm assuming this is either a "Seen Casually" or "Studied Carefully" situation)

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah I assume Aubrienne at the very least knows where it is and has been by there before.

  • Mireva is a bit singed but seems okay
  • Denise turns to Mireva as Father Willem falls

<Denise> ARE YOU OKAY

<Mireva> I.. I'm all right. Are the kids okay?

  • Denise grabs her by the shoulders with bloody hands
  • Denise hugs her and looks over her shoulder at Aubrienne
  • Dorien reloads and goes to check the doors in case there's anything else waiting.

<Genevriel> Can you all help me find the children?

  • Argent will rush to check the kids and Aubrienne

<Genevriel> If we can fit them all into a small circle, I ought to be able to cure them all at once. Or twice, if necessary.

<Dorien> Gen, you and me can check for others.

<Genevriel> Please don't kill the rat kings, either. I may be able to cure them. They're just animals and it looks like they've been tortured, to make their tails stick together like that.

  • Denise recovers from th stabbing but less so the fire
  • Argent satisfied the children and Aubrienne are fine returns to Denise and Mireva

<DiablotinNarrator> You can check and find where the other kids are hiding out. A number of them are also sick, but otherwise they seem okay - no deaths here.

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you can work on healing them from their illness.

  • Dorien and Gen will help them all back to the main room where she can cure them.

<Argent> It was just him and his rats?

  • Genevriel coaxes everyone into the big room and asks them to play a game with her - how small a space can they squeeze into?

<Mireva> I... I heard some of the kids were sick so I came by to see if I could help out.

  • Mireva says to Denise, her voice still shaky

<Genevriel> (If I can get everyone into a 30'circle then I can cast Mass Heal and heal injuries/cure disease all at once.)

<Denise> Its okay, you did the right thing, callin' Argent.

<Denise> if that's who I think then folsk have been huntin' him for a while

<Genevriel> (If there are too many to squeeze into 30 feet of one another then I can cast it twice.)

<Denise> an we oughtta find out more ;bout what he was doin'....

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll assume with one or two castings you can get them all.

  • Denise will pick up his sword

<Denise> in case there's more to it

<Dorien> Careful with that...

  • Genevriel will then cast Bountiful Banquet once or twice to give them all something delicious to eat as thye try to recover from the terror.
  • Denise nods

<Dorien> Might be some bad magic on it.

<Genevriel> (I'll do that in the dining hall, though.)

<Denise> Argent maybe you oughtta go get that Church lady

<Genevriel> (Each casting lets me serve 28 people.)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Argent> Should probably take the body back to her

<Denise> okay

<Denise> I can help if you need

<Denise> unless you need me.

  • Denise says to Mireva

<Aubrienne> Is there a phone? I can go call a cab. Or maybe Denise should call Ander?

<Mireva> I think I'm okay...

<Genevriel> (Was I able to cure the rats within a Mass Heal, too? ^-^)

<Dorien> Yeah, and I need to call Misery.

<Dorien> She is going to stab me.

  • Genevriel would try carefully to untangle their tails.
  • Argent will wrap the body up as best he can

<DiablotinNarrator> Sure, I'm willing to say that would work, Gen. they are just regular animals, as far as you can tell, that have been messed with magically somehow.

  • Denise will help out as needed now that her part is done :p
  • Genevriel helps the rats as best she can and will relocate them to somewhere outside the orphanage.

<DiablotinNarrator> I mean... unless they're some of his victims. then you'd have to keep them to observe for a while and see if they turn into people I guess :)

  • Denise can make some calls and such
  • Genevriel will keep them if there is any chance that they are people.
  • Denise can turn into a rat in another room and come out and talk to them maybe :V

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, you can try that, Denise

  • Denise will, in case they are people, in case they know anything useful, and 'cause dre rats are cool
  • Genevriel will help Denise determine if the rats are people.

<Denise> (If they are just rats, I'll send them to the channels)

<Argent> Mireva, is there anywhere you want to go somebody to call?

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, when you talk to them, yes, they are people. Very confused and upset people who've been transformed into rats.

  • Denise will ell them it will be okay and will still take them to the channelsw and tell them we can help them
  • Genevriel will help you take them to the Channels.