Diablotin 3 session 71

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 71 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: April 1, 2018
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> Before we start, I have a thing for you guys :) Since we're getting close to the end of the campaign, I wanted to do something nice for folks, and commemmorate the game, so I got portrait commissions done of all your characters (plus Ander because it made sense to get 10 ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> https://imgur.com/a/wjeC8

<DiablotinNarrator> The artist is Dragonnova on tumblr. These are the low-res versions - if you want a higher res one for instance to print out or anything like that, let me know, I have them too :)

<Dorien> OMG!

<Dorien> Holy shit

<Genevriel> Awwwwww!

<Hugonel> hey that's awesome!

<Genevriel> Everyone is so cute :D

<Dorien> That's awesome!!!

<Aubrienne> Wow, those are amazing!

<Denise> I love them :3

<Dorien> lol, Dorien's bowtie :3

<Dorien> Me too!

<Hugonel> my blue seducing scarf, even

<Dorien> They're amazing!

<Denise> he looks like such a dork and I love it :3

<Dorien> heeeeee

<Dorien> yes

<Dorien> Denise looks like a little newsie :3

<Aubrienne> hee

<Dorien> And wow Aubrienne's hair is magnificent!

<Genevriel> That's really cool. Thank you, Julia.

<Dorien> Thank you so much!

<Aubrienne> And her suit is so shiny. :)

<Aubrienne> Yes, thank you Julie. These are great.

<Hettienne> zola feels ;_;

<Hettienne> they are all beautiful :3

<Aubrienne> Yeah

<Hettienne> thank you so much!

<Hugonel> <33333

<Dorien> I was totally considering getting a portrait of Dorien, too :3

<Hettienne> hettie looks so grumpy it's perfect

<DiablotinNarrator> well don't let me stop you :)

<DiablotinNarrator> and please show Lathra to Ian too :)

<Dorien> heee

<Dorien> Oommg Lathra is adorable

<Denise> I sent him the link

<Aubrienne> Hettie's hat is really great

<Dorien> She looks like a chibi came to life

<Genevriel> I love Dorien's plaid sweater

<Dorien> heee

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm really glad you like them - I've been getting them done over the last couple months so it's been hard to sit on them and not immediately show them to you all :)

<Dorien> :333

<Dorien> I love that Hettie is the only one not smiling. Not even ironically ;)

<Dorien> Hettie disproves of these shenanigans :V

<Denise> I love Ander's Classic Mobster look ;)

<Denise> ans Sewer Crawl Action Denise :3

<Dorien> So how long do you think we have left in the campaign?

<DiablotinNarrator> I don't know for sure, but maybe 5-6 sessions? that's my best guess anyway. it could wind up going slightly longer depending how things shake out.

<Dorien> oh wow

<Dorien> I didn't realize we were that close!

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah, it was my expectation that we'd be finished by June or so.

<Denise> it's still like 3 months

<Denise> but stll ;_;

  • Dorien petitions for a 6 year extension.

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<Aubrienne> Heh

<Denise> hee

<Denise> give her some time to recover and then we can petition for D4 ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> well Heather is ready for D4 by next year, I hear :)

<Dorien> Ooooooooh

<Denise> :V

<Aubrienne> I was gonna say

<Dorien> Heather is running it? :D

<Denise> no

<DiablotinNarrator> haha no just she's ready for me to run it ;)

<Dorien> Oh, lol

<Dorien> I gotcha :)

<Hugonel> heh, no D4 until Julie gets her sleeps back

<Denise> I expect she'll be thinking about it by then ;)

<Dorien> Well, we can give you like a month off. That's the best I can offer.

<DiablotinNarrator> I mean she'd probably be ready for me to run it by July, but she's being patient ;)

<Dorien> ;)

<Denise> lbr I will just make her run things fir Xan in the interrim ;p

<Dorien> hah

<DiablotinNarrator> hee

<DiablotinNarrator> I can tide you over with homos ;)

<Denise> :D

<Dorien> We can just do Dorien/Misery sex solos

<DiablotinNarrator> hee

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, did anyone have any questions/issues before we get started?

<Dorien> Not I

<Dorien> I do have to leave early as per usual

<DiablotinNarrator> kk

The PCs decide what to do with the Irminsul seed

<DiablotinNarrator> All right, let's start with some group discussion/planning of what to do with your newly-acquired Irminsul seed, which I believe Dorien is currently keeping in a jar.

<Genevriel> (If we're going on missions, Gen would have extended the invitation to Madds to join them (it can be a date!) so he can experience first hand the weirdness that is Gen's life.)

<Dorien> (Indeed)

<Genevriel> (And did Xan come back?)

<DiablotinNarrator> maybe we can have you meet at Denise's, by which I mean Hettie's :)

  • Denise is okay with that if Hettie is
  • Hettienne grumps
  • Denise can make a cake and coffee
  • Hettienne is grumpy about everything. I'm too large for this.

<Denise> well, you din't gotta go anywhere at least

<Hugonel> (yeah, what of Xan?)

  • Genevriel brings baked goods to share.

<DiablotinNarrator> Upon inquiry (maybe calling his office, or checking with Silvia and co, you can find out that Xan did make it back safely.

  • Aubrienne will likewise bring baked goods. (I feel like we didn't coordinate food and will end up with a bunch extra. :))

<Denise> (Xan is awesome. And yes he is back if anyone inquires, and fine)

<Denise> (he is also fiiiiiine)

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

  • Dorien will bring baked goods also. From the bakery.

<DiablotinNarrator> he's probably sleeping and recuperating ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> so there are many baked goods :)

<Dorien> Man, how can we be coordinated enough to save the world and not enough to get a sign up sheet for baked goods?

<Hettienne> Shut up you can never have too many

<Denise> It's a rat thig :3

<Genevriel> (Is Madds accompanying me to the meeting?)

<Denise> you always gotta bring food

<Aubrienne> Also, I feel like we kind of wing saving the world.

<Aubrienne> Just eat the food, Dor.

<Dorien> I think that's just a people thing

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'll assume no significant others are at the meeting, but if you decide based on the outcome to do something, NPCs can accompany you as needed :)

<Genevriel> (OK, thanks.)

  • Denise will get everyone some cake

<Denise> so, liek.... are we taking the seed to the first world?

<Genevriel> Or just hucking it through the Irminsul in the Shade and hoping for the best?

<Dorien> That seems... not great.

<Aubrienne> We should probably be a little more responsible than that.

<Denise> yeah...

<Dorien> I'm all for irresponsibility but I actually agreee.

<Denise> I mean, like, we gotta take it somewhere it'll be okay, right?

<Aubrienne> The problem is, it's going to cause trouble there, too. Any party that controls it gains power. We don't want to shift things too much.

<Denise> NO so, like, whatever fey are shifty overthere acan just bring it back, or whatever

  • Denise nods to Aubrienne

<Denise> I think.... we oughtta ry an find, like... the folks who we were when we were there

<Hugonel> What about Eletheni?

<Denise> Some of 'm, anyway

<Denise> they can take care of it :3

<Denise> yeah

<Hugonel> I mean, I have my bond with her still

<Denise> an' Hettie an Dani and Thea, an them

<Aubrienne> So we just pass the buck on to ourselves? ;)

<Denise> Other Hettie

<Denise> , I guess

<Denise> But like

<Denise> I'd trust Danys, she was real responsible an strong

<Denise> an she knew about trees and magic stuff

  • Aubrienne nods.

<Aubrienne> That makes sense.

<Denise> n maybe if we s=found Other Hettie we coudl find iut where the scissors came from

<Genevriel> Vreel might be hard to find. She's mercenary by nature.

<Aubrienne> I'm not sure they're all still together. Do we have a preference?

<Genevriel> By which I mean she travels a lot on odd jobs for people. I think she has the integrity not to sell an Irminsul to the highest bidder.

<Denise> well we don't gotta find *all* of 'em if we dn't think they'd help

<Hettienne> she might be able to see a good place to put it.

<Hettienne> Hettie I mean.

<Denise> I dunno about Silver, say

  • Denise nods

<Denise> okay so.... we go over there, an we try an get ahold of some of these folks with magic an see what they say?

  • Denise looks at Hugo

<Denise> or can you still, like, talk to Eletheni or something?

<Denise> Maybe she can get them together for us an just meet up there :p

<Hugonel> I can still talk to her, yes

<Hugonel> We were, in some sense, I think, linked before this, and certainly are now

<Denise> okay

<Denise> then let's do that :3

<Denise> She knew where other folkd were when we saw her last time, anyway

<Genevriel> We can always use a Sending if Hugo is unable to contact Eletheni through their soul-link.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, we have options.

<Hugonel> Mostly I use Sending to contact her anyway. The difference is that she will come here pretty readily, I think.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> well.... then let's do that?

<Denise> 'cause, like, I feel the sooner we get it away from here the better

<Dorien> Can't we destroy it?

<Genevriel> Agreed.

  • Genevriel nods at Denise.

<Genevriel> Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the destruction of the Irminsul at Seda Grove lead to the fae invasion last winter, at least in part?

<Aubrienne> I think there are some extenuating circumstances to that, but, yes.

<Denise> I don't think we wanna do it *here*

<Denise> Like, maybe ove there, it wold be safer to mess with it

<Denise> But probably someone who is fey would know better, too :p

<Genevriel> And for the sake of inter-planar peace it's probably best for us not to just destroy it.

  • Hugonel casts Sending to Eletheni: "I and my allies seek your wise counsel and aid. We have an Irminsul seed to be rid of. Your presence in Diablotin is needed."

<Eletheni> "If you bring the seed to the First World, I will meet you there and aid you however I can. It must be kept safe."

<Hugonel> Hmmm ... Eletheni tells me we should bring it to the First World and she will meet us there. She indicates that it must be kept safe, which suggests that destroying it is not an option.

<Denise> okay, well..... then let's go!

<Hettienne> Ugh, boo.

<Hugonel> Here we go again ...

<Hettienne> I am sick to death of plane hopping :|

<Hugonel> I wonder whether we get a discounted ticket after so many trips.

<Dorien> They should make us ambassadors.

<Genevriel> I'd be a terrible ambassador.

<Denise> well... I dunno about that :p

<Denise> But maybe after this we can just stay in our own plane for a bit, yeah

<Aubrienne> Hugo could ambass. It seems his type of gig.

<Dorien> I'd be an awesome fucking ambassador

<Dorien> I'm totally with it.

<Aubrienne> Anywho, any preparations people need to make? I should probably call my wife if I'm going to another plane today.

<Hugonel> I put the ass in ambassador.

<Genevriel> Self-awareness is a good thing.

  • Genevriel teases.

<Dorien> Yeah, I should let Misery know. At least we have more help at the office now.

<Genevriel> I should let Madds know. He tends to worry about me.

<Genevriel> How are we going to ge there, by the way? Can any of you teleport us there, or do we need to call on M. Orecalo again?

<Aubrienne> (Do Hettie and Denise have a phone?)

<Denise> I gotta let the boss know too.... but I think he ain't gonna be surprised ;p

<Denise> (yes)

<Aubrienne> Oh! I can get us there. :)

<Denise> (Denise and Nycki both need one for work)

<Denise> An Enver :3

<Aubrienne> (Legit)

  • Aubrienne will go call Tits to let her know what's going on.

<Genevriel> Excellent, Aubrienne. How many people can you take? Should we bring anyone along?

<Hettienne> I'm really startin' to wonder if spending all this time in other planes is good for the baby...

<Hettienne> What if they come out funny :(

<Denise> They'll still be a murodea.

<Denise> An like.... Yvie never spent no time in other planes :

<Denise> :/

<Dorien> Bri can give you a hand. She has experience with fay babies.

<Denise> that too

<Denise> like, they were already over there.... an that's really the only plane they been in :3

<Denise> err

<Denise> it. One babye. Probably >.>

<Aubrienne> Anyway, I can bring up to eight, including myself.

<Genevriel> There's six of us... Would anyone mind if I invite Madds to join us, if he's so inclined?

<Aubrienne> I don't have a problem with it.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'm assuming Argent would want to be there too - he can be quiet. I just don't want to leave Terry out if he does manage to show up later or if you guys are there longer than just this session.)

<Denise> I'd ask Enver but he's gotta work. I bet Veren would be good to ask about this stuff too though

  • Genevriel glances around for any objections.

<Denise> (Argen is sulking because Denise dissed Silver ;)

<Genevriel> (Right, Julia, so let's say Gen said there were seven of us.)

<Genevriel> Madds has missed out on all the 'fun' but returning a seed shouldn't be too perilous, I hope.

  • Genevriel smiles slightly.

<Genevriel> (If no one objects, I will invite Madds to join us, then. XD )

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, he can agree to join you)

<Hettienne> we went to andusk too though.

<Aubrienne> If I get a chance, I can try to read up on planar travel and babies. I think it will be fine, though, Hettie.

<Genevriel> (to Madds on the phone) Great. Maybe we'll meet your fae alter-ego while we're there. How much do you want to bet that he's a satyr? See you soon, love.

<Dorien> (lol)

<Hettienne> Thanks Brie...

<Denise> we weren't really there, not the bodoes though

<Hettienne> That'd be swell :/

<Denise> just like.... dreamin' of it

<Hettienne> Yeah but... I dunno >.>

  • Denise will give you a gentle hug

<Denise> Your baby is gonna be so great no matter what

<Aubrienne> Besides, while she can be a handful, Hyacinth is a lovely baby.

<Aubrienne> Having a fey baby wouldn't be so bad, would it? :)

<Denise> an we'll all take care of it real good

<Hettienne> as long as they aren't 50 feet tall :/

  • Genevriel will let you all know that Madds is on his way. ^-^

<Denise> you ain't *that* big :V

<Hettienne> not yet <.<

<Aubrienne> Well, they probably wouldn't start that way.

<Denise> But like

<Denise> Maybe twins big >.>

<Hettienne> wh... what

<Hettienne> why would you say that

<Denise> well maybe!

  • Hettienne pales.
  • Aubrienne will quickly hide her smile.

<Denise> They run in the family!

<Hettienne> void...

  • Hettienne says in a very small voice

<Denise> Aw come on, you tellin' me you ain't thought of that before?

<Denise> they oughtta be able to tell though, right?

<Dorien> I mean imagine if you and Nycki *both* had twins.

<Hettienne> Dorien YOU can fuck right off outta my house :|

<Denise> They don't run in Nycki's family

<Denise> ...I don't think >.>

  • Denise says, trying to be reassuring

<Dorien> ...can I keep the pastries?

<Denise> Anyway I bet you can get any kinda help you need

<Hettienne> ... I gotta call Lathra

<Hettienne> and no you may not

<Denise> well, maybe Danys can tell, too :3

<Denise> She's the one who said about the babies in the first place :3

<Denise> no wait

<Denise> it was that Satyr guy

<Hettienne> yeah.

<Denise> but she said for sure

<Denise> I still bet she could

<Hettienne> Maybe...

  • Madds will arrive after a little bit. You can notice he is no longer walking with his cane, and seems to no longer have a limp.
  • Genevriel greets him with a happy smile and a kiss on the cheek.

<Dorien> Hi Madds!

<Madds> Hello :)

  • Hettienne grumbles about so many people in her house
  • Dorien says from the porch
  • Genevriel slips her hand into Madds'.

<Genevriel> Well, we're all here now. Shall we?

  • Genevriel asks Aubrienne.

<Hugonel> I'm ready

<Dorien> Can I come back in then?

<Denise> (I will presume we have all done the necessary informing and thank goodness that if wiretaps have been invented, they're probably all run by Nycki anyway)

  • Denise rolls her eyes

<Hettienne> you dolt.

<Denise> yes

  • Hettienne sighs.

<Denise> cme on, then

  • Denise looks at Aubrienne

<Aubrienne> Okay, everybody hold hands.

  • Denise will do so
  • Dorien will as well
  • Aubrienne will cast Plane Shift once we're all ready.
  • Denise makes sure Dorien has the seed :p
  • Dorien will check his pockets and find it eventually

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - having ensured that you have in fact got the seed, you can Plane Shift to the First World.

<Denise> Oh shoot did we bring the scissors? :o

<DiablotinNarrator> (I am willing to assume you brought them if that was your intention :)

<Hettienne> (I was asuuming I had them(

<Denise> (cool)

<DiablotinNarrator> (kk)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 5d100

  • Denise rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 5d100 ] getting [ 63 71 47 85 61 ] for a total of [ 327 ].

<Denise> (ehhh?)

<Aubrienne> Yeah...

<DiablotinNarrator> (plane shift is not very accurate for destinations ;)

<Aubrienne> (Plane Shift is not an accurate spell...)

<Denise> (ahh)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I was just curious about how far away you ended up)

<Hugonel> (it's ok, Eletheni will find us)

<Genevriel> (Meanwhile we can have an adventure.)

  • Genevriel looks around to get her bearings, if any bearings are to be had.
  • Denise also, ready to FITE if needed but hoping it isn't

The PCs figure out where they are and Hugo contacts Eletheni

<DiablotinNarrator> You arrive in an area that is warm and seems to be made up of a bunch of small ponds interspersed with trees. The ponds are of various colours and sizes.

<Aubrienne> Oh, pretty.

<Denise> :3

<Genevriel> (I also automatically know what direction passes for "North" here, so combined with having lived as Vreel for a while, I *might* be able to figure out where we are or how to get to some place a little more populated.)

<Dorien> A little *too* pretty -_-

<DiablotinNarrator> sure, you can roll K:Nature, Gen.

<Denise> pfft

<Denise> don't worry, it ain't gonna rub off :V

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+24

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+24 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 24 ] totals [ 37 ].

<Aubrienne> Dor, did you bring a sample kit?

<Aubrienne> You never know what these ponds might be.

<Dorien> What... what kind of question is that?

<Dorien> Who do you think I am?

  • Dorien pulls out a rolled up leather test-tube case from his coat and starts sampling aaaaaaalll the things.
  • Hugonel will start quietly singing to himself, or to no one in particular, and looking up to the skies

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you think this is a region called the Rainburst Forest - it would be in Linthira's territory, although fairly far from her main palace of Summerveil.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can walk around a bit, exploring the general area (cautiously). Hugo, after a little bit, you can hear, or maybe sense, Eletheni's song answering to yours.

<Genevriel> (And what direction would her palace be from here? Do I know of other population centres that might be closer than her palace, and what direction they lie?)

  • Denise pokes around

<Hugonel> There we go ...

<Genevriel> We're in the Rainburst Forest.

  • Genevriel mentions casually.

<Hugonel> Eletheni hears us ... she's on her way.

<Genevriel> In Linthira's domain.

<Denise> hmmm

<Genevriel> Do you know how long Eletheni might be, Hugo?

<Aubrienne> (Julie, is it possible any of us with K:Planes or Nature might have heard of this place?)

<Denise> can we use tht spell to call for any other folks?

<Aubrienne> We could Send, I guess.

<Hugonel> I don't know ... it's hard to say.

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah you can roll K: nature if you have it to use it to know more about this place or the general geography of the plane

<Genevriel> (Should I roll again...?)

<DiablotinNarrator> no I was just answering Josh

<Genevriel> (OK. Thanks.)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+21

  • Denise rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 22 ].

<Aubrienne> (Wow)

<Aubrienne> (I don't know nothing)

<DiablotinNarrator> Clearly these ponds are likely to be poisonous or acidic or otherwise dangerous ;)

<Denise> me is poking them with a stick to see if they contain any neat fey creatures :3

  • Hettienne is not touching anything unnecessarily... don't want to end up turning into a damn panda every time I take a bath or some shit
  • Denise is poking them with a stick to see if they contain any neat fey creatures :3

<Denise> (LOL)

  • Dorien is actively sampling them

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, her palace would be further west, and your guess for other nearby communities or settlements is that the Hollow Hall is probably the next closest, although it's still some distance away.

<Genevriel> (Can I get a sense of how many hours/days/weeks to Hollow Hall?)

<DiablotinNarrator> ah, distances and travel time are tricky here, but probably 3-4 days at least.

<Genevriel> (I'm just trying to figure out if I need to go into full Survival/Scout mode and start building us some temporary shelters in case the Rainburst Forest lives up to its name.)

<Genevriel> The Hollow Hall is the closest settlement. It would take us three or four days on foot to get there. So, do you want to start walking or should we set up a camp here? Assuming that we can find any potable water here.

<Denise> well, ets see what Eletheni says

<Denise> maybe she can carry us again :3

<Genevriel> Hugo doesn't know how long she'll be.

<Denise> I don't wanna have to be here for days @_@

  • Genevriel reminds Denise.

Eletheni and Co. arrive

  • Eletheni appears overhead and she has some passengers with her - likewise at the same time, you hear large footsteps coming through the woods, and Giant Hettie appears, being even more giant than before. Both in terms of height and pregnancy.

<Denise> Gah!

  • Hugonel smiles

<Genevriel> Never mind.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Dorien> I think the party came to us.

  • Eletheni descends carefully through the trees, landing not too far away, so that her passengers can dismount. They include Thea, Veren, and Danys.
  • Genevriel will slip back to Madds' side and quietly tell him who these entities are/who from Diablotin is soul-linked to them. ;)

<Denise> :D

<Denise> Oh gosh!

  • Denise will go give Danys a big hug for sure

<Hettienne> oh my gosh :o

  • Danys hugs you back warmly
  • Genevriel is unsurprised that Vreel isn't among them. :)

<Hettienne> I'm huge :o

  • Hugonel goes over to Eletheni, unsure quite what to do with himself.
  • Aubrienne will go hug Thea.
  • Giant_Hettie has Anny on her shoulder :3

<Aubrienne> Heya folks! :)

  • Eletheni will embrace you, Hugo.

<Hugonel> It's good to see you again.

<Eletheni> (awkward hugs all around)

  • Giant_Hettie will (carefully) crouch down to greet you. She's larger than before by maybe a foot or so? Like she's growing up into a full-grown norn :3

<Hettienne> Hello :o

<Denise> I'm so glad I get to see you again for real :3

<Denise> I mean, all of the rest too, but, like....

<Denise> you know

<Danys> Me too!

  • Giant_Hettie smiles a little to see that you are also huge, Hettie :3

<Giant_Hettie> I suppose in a way I have you to thank for this... Norns don't usually reproduce this way.

<Hettienne> Well... uh... I hope it's ok with you

<Giant_Hettie> Yes... although I'm looking forward to their arrival.

  • Giant_Hettie says, laying a hand on her huge belly.

<Denise> (is anny also huge? relatively?)

<Aubrienne> Their?

<Denise> IT IS TWINS :D

<DiablotinNarrator> Anny is tiny but huge :)

  • Denise looks to Danys

<Hettienne> Me too, sister

<Denise> Is our Hettie havin' twins?

<Giant_Hettie> Triplets actually. Norns come in sets of three.

<Denise> she ain't thought to check

<Denise> Oh gosh @_@

<Aubrienne> Oh, wow.

<Hettienne> ...

  • Danys can look over at regular-sized Hettie

<Denise> that's a *lot* of babies @_@

<Hettienne> W... what

<Aubrienne> (Ratte equivalent of "mazel tov")

<Giant_Hettie> Mine I mean - you will have three but not all at once :)

  • Giant_Hettie says to Hettie

<Hugonel> Uhh ... now I am very confused.

  • Dorien clears his throat and whistles an awkward tune.

<Hettienne> oh... okay :o

<Danys> She just has one right now :)

  • Danys says, looking her over
  • Genevriel quietly awaits her turn to greet the fae politely and introduce them to Madds, since he wasn't with us when we were here before.
  • Hettienne sighs with relief

<Denise> but she's gonna have three?

<Denise> Is that includin' Nycky's or, like, just her :o

  • Aubrienne will give Hettie's shoulder a comforting squeeze.
  • Denise hops with excitement

<Giant_Hettie> That's what the threads of fate tell me. I don't know more than that.

<Denise> okay...

<Denise> :3

<Denise> um, I guess, speakin' of the Threads of Fate an all.... @_@

<Genevriel> (I would like to ask them if they know how Vreel is, too.)

<Hettienne> yeah we uh... we found these shears.

<Hettienne> This crazy woman had 'em, she was using them to try an' cut up this wallhanging

  • Giant_Hettie frowns slightly

<Giant_Hettie> May I see them?

<Hettienne> 'course.

  • Hettienne will get them out.
  • Giant_Hettie will examine them

<Denise> she was cuttin the threads bwteen the worlds, si what she was doin'

<Denise> I dunno where she got them though

<Denise> She woudln't a had them when she went in the arch

<Hettienne> yeah, that's what we were hopin' maybe you could tell

<Hettienne> Who gave 'em to her.

<Giant_Hettie> These belong... or belonged... to one of my sisters, Hilde.

<Hettienne> oh... oh no

<Hettienne> :(

<Giant_Hettie> but she would never have given them up voluntarily

<Aubrienne> Oh, I'm so sorry.

  • Denise looks worried

<Eletheni> And you have an Irminsul seed as well?

<Hugonel> We do.

<Dorien> Yeah...

  • Dorien will pull out the jar with the seed.

<Denise> we took it out f someone's head in a dream

<Denise> we figured here would be a better place for it, but we don't knwo what to do with it

<Genevriel> There are several more people in our world who have them in their heads, as well.

<Denise> so we were hopin' maybe you would

<Denise> also, yeah

<Denise> prolly there's gonna be more, if we can get them out too

<Genevriel> So... if any of you have any ideas on how we might be able to safely get them out without killing the patients, I'd very much appreciate it.

<Genevriel> We can do the same thing we did to get this one, but if there's another way, I mean.

<Dorien> Yeah, it wasn't exactly super easy.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> And I doubt everyone has the will of Sirris to keep it contained.

  • Eletheni and the others will consider this for a bit

<Eletheni> You say that the shears were given to this person while she was between worlds?

<Denise> I mean... I think so?

<Denise> they checked her before she went in

<Denise> to make sure she didn't have nothin

<Denise> unless it was the folks checkin' her, but I don't think so

  • Danys will meanwhile examine the seed
  • Denise watches :3

<Eletheni> There is no permanent connection to the realm between worlds from this world, not like your 'Arch'.

<Eletheni> So either someone would have had to bring the shears to a world with such a connection accessible to them, and deliver them that way, or...

  • Eletheni glances over at Giant Hettie

<Giant_Hettie> A rift. They could have taken them through a rift, if they found one or made one.

<Denise> a what?

<Dorien> A rift?

<Genevriel> Like a rent in the Dark Tapestry?

<Giant_Hettie> The Dark Tapestry was woven by others of my kind, long ago.

<Denise> :o

  • Giant_Hettie hands you back the shears, Hettie
  • Denise seems a bit surprised at that

<Denise> does she get to keep 'em :o

<Hettienne> Do you think there's a chance Hilde is... that we could give them back to her

<Hettienne> ?

<Giant_Hettie> If there are those here who intended to use them for evil, they are likely safer with you than they would be with me.

<Giant_Hettie> And... I don't know. I believe I would sense if she was dead, so I don't think that is the case. But it is possible that her mind has been corrupted or otherwise manipulated to evil ends.

<Hettienne> -_-

<Denise> :(

<Denise> ...can we help?

<Genevriel> Amanita rent the Dark Tapestry when we first came here. She was allied with the Cyst, wasn't she? Could she still be under their sway?

<Eletheni> A rift was created here once, before time and death, and allowed the entrance of those forces into the world. It was contained only with supreme effort, and great sacrifice.

<Eletheni> It was the way by which those you call the Cyst left this plane to explore the far realms beyond. But it came at a great price.

<Denise> wait

<Genevriel> What sort of price? How did you close the rift? And is there a way to confirm whether there is another rift currently that remains open?

<Denise> so .... if another rift was made, could they come *back* here?

<Veren> The price of opening the rift last time was the beginning of time, death, entropy. It was sealed only by the strength of the Twins, who formed into one and became the Serpent, existing outside the world and binding it together.

<Dorien> ...whoa.

<Aubrienne> Okay...

<Hettienne> Heavy.

  • Genevriel nods, looking thoughtful.

<Denise> Woah :o

<Hugonel> So ... here we are.

<Genevriel> I think our Hettie managed to close another rift when Revelyne Fourre was cutting threads while inside the Arch...?

<Veren> so... yes, the kaorti could return through such a rift, were one to be created.

<Denise> so then, like.... prolly thre;s not a new one? Right?

<Hettienne> I had help

  • Giant_Hettie smiles a little at that

<Genevriel> Except that some kaorti ARE coming through. How? From where?

<Giant_Hettie> I thought it was you - I tried to lend what aid I could.

<Aubrienne> Would there be a way to find a new one? Through the tapestry, or the, ah, threads of fate?

<Aubrienne> If there was one, I mean, but it seems likely.

<Giant_Hettie> if I had the Tapestry, I could examine it.. read its threads and see.

<Denise> we could prolly getit

  • Eletheni looks concerned

<Denise> what?

<Denise> my boss...

  • Denise looks to Danys

<Denise> *my* Ander

<Denise> Is the emperor now and he'd let us it it were to help.

<Eletheni> Since the Lords and Ladies of the Seasons cleansed the Blight, Linthira has been acting oddly - more secretive, more vicious. While I don't know, it's possible that something of that sickness, or its source, took root inside her.

<Denise> :?

<Denise> :?

<Denise> :/

<Denise> we can see that though

<Hugonel> What would the risks be, of bringing the Tapestry here?

<Aubrienne> Would she know if we brought it here?

<Denise> lettin' her get ahold of it, I guess?

<Denise> ....Maybe you could come back with us?

  • Denise asks Hettie

<Giant_Hettie> If she was responsible for corrupting my sisters, I would rip her limbs off with my bare hands.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> Dorien give her some of the stuff!

<Dorien> Oh! Right!

  • Dorien fishes in his pockets for eye cream.
  • Dorien and the removal tonic.

<DiablotinNarrator> (who are you giving those to?)

<Dorien> (I guess Eletheni)

  • Eletheni will accept them
  • Dorien will explain briefly how to use them.

<Dorien> ...and don't eat the eye paste. Bad idea.

<Hugonel> You should really have warning labels, Dorien, otherwise your customers are going to be eating poison cream left and right.

<Dorien> Hey, it's not ready for mass production yet.

<Hugonel> That's reassuring.

<Danys> While you're all thinking about that... I think I can take care of the seed.

<Denise> oh, good!

<Danys> And maybe I can find a way to use it to get the other ones out of people's minds.

<Denise> ooh gosh that would be even better :o

<Danys> I'm not sure but I can try, anyway.

<Denise> I bet you can do it :3

<Aubrienne> We're happy to offer any assistance you may need.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> for either thing.

<Danys> Thank you :)

<Giant_Hettie> If you think you can bring the Tapestry here, I can examine it... it might prove useful.

<Denise> okay

<Genevriel> And if there's a way to get the seeds out of the other patients' heads safely please do let us know.

  • Danys nods

<Eletheni> how many others are there?

  • Genevriel will give the number... (I think its 3 or 4?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (something like that, yeah. you have 2 current patients, 1 died in the rescue, and there might have been 2 others left at the facility.)

<Genevriel> Only two of them are in our care, though.

<Danys> It shouldn't matter where they are.

<Genevriel> The one that died when we got three out - that Irminsul didn't last long. Do you have any idea why?

<Danys> Well... your world can only have one at a time. So since there already was one, I think it probably couldn't take root properly. Here we can have lots, though.

<Genevriel> Ah, that makes sense...

<Genevriel> But I guess also that we needn't have worried about getting this one out of M. Neherin. It would have just dissipated?

<Danys> probably but it could have done damage to its surroundings in the process. It's still a very large release of energy.

<Genevriel> Fair.

  • Genevriel looks relieved that Sirris didn't go through all that suffering for nothing.

<Denise> Maybe thats all they wanted...

<Denise> to make more warforged or somethin'

<Dorien> Or to weaponize it...

<Genevriel> I'm not sure that it is. They would have let the remaining patients at Lynwood die, or even killed them, if they wanted to capture the energy.

<Genevriel> Unless they haven't figured out how to do that yet.

<Genevriel> But that seems unlikely since they did capture the energy from the Irminsul at Seda Grove - that's how they made the Warforged.

<Genevriel> So they know a way to capture the energy.

<Aubrienne> From a fully-formed and established one, at least. Maybe the dream plane interaction changed the process.

<Aubrienne> No way to know right now.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> It's something to think about, certainly.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Do any of you know what became of Vreel?

  • Genevriel asks the fae who aren't busy working on something at the moment.

<Eletheni> I believe she had taken work with Linthira...

  • Eletheni says, looking concerned

<Genevriel> Ah.

<Genevriel> So... do you need our assistance dealing with Linthira, or would it make more sense for us to get the Tapestry here for Hettie to look at?

<Giant_Hettie> The Tapestry first - it may provide insight into the course of action we should take.

<Denise> okay...

<Denise> can you find us when we get back?

<Denise> Like, I thinkwe don't get too much of a choice where we wind up -_-

<Aubrienne> I can do my best to come back to here, but no guarantees.

<Hugonel> I'll sing my loudest when we get here.

<Aubrienne> Also, I won't be able to bring us back until tomorrow. Or at least after 8 hours of rest. >.>

<Eletheni> That will be all right - we'll find you.

<Denise> okay

<Eletheni> In the meantime, I could try to locate Vreel... if Linthira truly has become corrupted in some way, Vreel might be best placed to know more about that.

<Denise> I mean, we do gotta *talk* to the boss an stuff too...

  • Aubrienne nods.

<Genevriel> That makes sense. I mean, I could have tried Sending her, too, but I wasn't sure how she'd take it. "Hi, it's me Gen... the human who took over your body for a while? Just wondering how you're doing."

<Genevriel> Seems a little awkward.

<Genevriel> Well, I didn't really take her over, either - mostly just lost myself within her consciousness. So I guess I was more like a parasite. Still a high potential for awkwardness.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - so you are going to go back home, arrange to get the tapestry, and plan to return and meet up with them (and/or whoever else they can get) the following day?

<Genevriel> (I think so, yup. Gen will ask Madds what he thought and if he wants to return with us the next day, or if he's had enough of a taste of the First World already. ^-^)

<Aubrienne> (That seems to be the case, yes.)

<Dorien> (Yes'm)

<Denise> (yarp)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 5d100

  • Denise rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 5d100 ] getting [ 27 13 15 28 13 ] for a total of [ 96 ].

<Genevriel> (Lower is better, right?)

<DiablotinNarrator> oh you don't end up super far away from Diablotin at least ;) you can make it back by evening for sure.

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, it's the number of miles from your desired destination that you wind up.

  • Dorien can totally walk 96 miles in an evening.

<Aubrienne> (I could teleport us)

  • Denise can call for a car ;p

<Denise> (or that!)

<Genevriel> (Hey, it's out at Madds' uncle's farm! We can borrow a car.  ;D )

<Aubrienne> (She'd have to make two trips, but she can do it)

<DiablotinNarrator> teleport is probably simplest, yeah :)

<Genevriel> (I'm not sure the farm is that far, honestly.  ;))

The PCs return to their plane briefly

  • Denise will see about getting in to talk to Ander and/or Janelle once we are back
  • Ander can make time to talk with you

<DiablotinNarrator> (just Denise, or anyone else going along?)

  • Denise will give him a brief run down :V

<Denise> ...So, like, if we bring it to her, maybe she can figure out who gave her the shears to take in the arch, and maybe figure out some other bits of what's goin' on too

  • Ander nods, listening

<Ander> Well, that all sounds like good stuff to figure out. But then what happens with the tapestry after?

<Denise> um

<Denise> I assumed we'd jusy bring it back...

<Ander> what if she doesn't wanna let you? I mean if it's like.. her people who made it or whatever, maybe she figures it belongs to them.

<Denise> I gues.. prolly if she wanted to keep it we coudlnt' *stop* her...

<Denise> but like if her folks did make it maybe that's where it ought to be?

<Ander> well like - for me, I ain't against that. We don't know what to do with the thing, we can't use it right, it's causin' problems, but like... there's some elves who want it back too, an' it might piss them off if we give it away.

<Denise> well, they can go ask for it back from Hettie >.>

<Denise> an see how that goes for 'em >.>

<Denise> But like she didn't say nothin' about wanting to keep it

  • Ander nods

<Denise> and she gave Hettie her sister's shears to keep 'em safe so I don't figure her wanting the Tapestry in a place where there's danger for it neither

<Ander> okay. well I'll run it by Janelle but I think she'll say it's okay.

<Ander> she wants all this stuff to get sorted an' settled too.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> okay :3

<Hugonel> Recognizing that there is a diplomatic issue here, we can assure you that we'll keep this matter as confidential as possible.

<Denise> uhh, right >.>

  • Ander nods

<Ander> well, we'll see about gettin' it wrapped up for you to take. plain brown paper wrapper kinda thing.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> Thank you.

  • Denise grins

<Denise> thansk boss

<Ander> no problem. say how's Hettie doin'? she must be ready to be done with all this shit.

<Denise> oh yh, real done @_@

<Denise> but I think she's worried for the norns, too

  • Ander nods

<Ander> well I hope she can catch a breather anyway.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> soon :3

<Ander> okay, good luck tomorrow. lemme know how it goes.

<Denise> will do, boss!

The PCs return to the First World with the Dark Tapestry

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you can recuperate for the night, and gather the next day to return with the tapestry.

  • Denise can carrpy the totally not suspicious looking roll of...something wrapped in paper :V

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> why do these campaigns always end with something wrapped up in a carpet

<DiablotinNarrator> at least it's not the Patriarch this time

<DiablotinNarrator> just the fabric of space-time

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, Madds will agree to return with you the next day, he wasn't too scared off :)

<Denise> hee

<Genevriel> Great.

<Aubrienne> Aubrienne's inter-planar express, all aboard!

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 5d100

  • Denise rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 5d100 ] getting [ 20 9 63 7 23 ] for a total of [ 122 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> not too bad :)

<DiablotinNarrator> the 9 and the 7 helped

  • Genevriel will try using her sense of direction and knowledge of the Fae to figure out where we are again.

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+24

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+24 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 24 ] totals [ 41 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> This time when you arrive in the First World, you wind up in a valley between steep, spiky mountains of a striking violet-coloured stone. It's cooler here, sort of rocky and less vegetation. Gen, you believe this is somewhere in the Thistlespan, a range of mountains which border between Linthira's and Eranthis's territory.

  • Genevriel relays that to the rest of you.

<Genevriel> The good news is, we're not vastly distant from where we were. But it would still take a day or two of walking to get to where we were yesterday.

<Genevriel> Time for you to sing, Hugo.

  • Hugonel sings his happy song.
  • Genevriel explores (within eyesight of everyone else) with Madds while we wait for Eletheni et al.
  • Genevriel is just really happy to be able to ramble with him again. It reminds her of pre-war life.

<DiablotinNarrator> After a while of waiting, you can spot Eletheni flying towards you.

  • Giant_Hettie also arrives on foot, only a bit behind.
  • Genevriel and Madds return to the rest of the group to greet the fae.
  • Denise is holding the tapestry, only a little nervous now

<Denise> >.>

  • Eletheni lands and will let her various passengers dismount.

<Hugonel> Hello again.

  • Eletheni nods gracefully
  • Denise waves
  • Giant_Hettie will sit to catch her breath because she's carrying giant triplets ;)
  • Genevriel greets the fae politely again.

<Denise> so, um, we got it!

<Giant_Hettie> may I see?

  • Denise says.
  • Giant_Hettie asks

<Denise> well, I mean, that's whyb we brought it, but like.... we do gotta take it back, if thats okay....

<Denise> or I guess elves will be mad >.>

<Giant_Hettie> who will be mad? o_O

<Hugonel> There are a group of elves, in our world, who claim the Tapestry as their own. Whether their claim is valid, I cannot say.

<Giant_Hettie> Hm.

<Denise> I mean like

<Denise> I believe your folks made it

<Denise> I don't know what the deal is with the elves, really, just they say it is here an they'll be mad it we, just, like, give it away.

<Denise> but like... it ain't liek we can stop you of you wanna take it >.>

<Giant_Hettie> I am not old enough to know the reasons behind its creation, or why they might have had it.

<Denise> meeee either

<Giant_Hettie> But I also think it's possible that it's safer in your world, at least for now.

  • Denise shrugs

<Denise> okay

  • Giant_Hettie will get some of you to unfold it and hold it up so she can look at it
  • Genevriel will help with that since she isn't hugely pregnant, etc.

<Denise> (same)

  • Giant_Hettie looks it over, running her fingers over Hettie's mended spots in particular.
  • Genevriel looks over the tapestry curiously, looking for tears or threadbare areas that she can see with her mortal eyes.

<Giant_Hettie> You did well... you've stopped the worst of the damage, at least for now.

  • Giant_Hettie says to Hettie
  • Genevriel also, being ever the curious one, will reach out mentally to the tapestry since the words 'Dark Tapestry' meant something to her.

<Hettienne> I did my best...

<Hugonel> You did a fine job.

  • Denise nods

<Genevriel> . o O (Are you there? Can you hear me?) (Addressing the souls in the realm between worlds.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you believe you hear some echoes, but it's difficult to make them out

<Genevriel> . o O (Held back by the threads, probably.)

<Aubrienne> It's great, Hettie.

<Giant_Hettie> It shows that great changes are coming. Danger that threatens to unravel the bonds between worlds.

<Giant_Hettie> But it is not too late to stop them. They can be driven back into the far realms, outside time.

<Hugonel> Does it indicate how?

  • Denise listens
  • Giant_Hettie peers closer at the tapestry's details

<Giant_Hettie> I see a tree of cold iron. It was made to bridge the distance between worlds, like an Irminsul, but unnatural... twisted.

<Genevriel> That's at Lynwood.

<Denise> I thought it was just to keep out the fey :o

<Danys> It would probably do that too... ugh, cold iron.

<Denise> hmm

<Giant_Hettie> The iron tree must be destroyed. And with it, the knowledge that created it, and allowed the Cyst to begin to take root in your world.

<Denise> like.... you mean... take out the folks?

<Hugonel> Destroying the tree may be the easy part of that.

<Denise> or like.. wreck their notes? or both >.>

<Giant_Hettie> I can't tell you whether you need to kill those who were responsible for its creation. But if they can simply create another, then the danger will only be delayed.

  • Giant_Hettie turns to Hettie for a moment

<Giant_Hettie> I believe my sister's shears came to you for a reason. You will know what to do with them when the time comes.

<Denise> :o

<Denise> :3

<Denise> . o O ( My aunt is SO COOL )

<Hettienne> ...

<Hettienne> I guess you'd know

<Hettienne> :o

<Denise> an so will you :D

  • Aubrienne smiles at that.

<Eletheni> Meanwhile from our side, I have given the ointment to Vreel - I believe that is our best chance of seeing if something is wrong with Linthira, and perhaps healing her, or if that isn't possible... ending her reign.

<Denise> :o

<Denise> you mean Vreel'll take her out?

<Denise> :o

<Denise> you think she can?

<Denise> she's so tiny :o

<Aubrienne> She seemed like she can take care of herself. And something tells me she won't be alone.

<Eletheni> She promised to return and report back, and then we can decide what to do from there. If we need to, we can work together against her.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> okay

  • Genevriel tries not to give up what she and Madds know: that Vreel poisoned Giant Hettie's food at Hollow Hill. To be fair it wasn't a deadly poison. Just one strong enough to make a Norn sick, as a prank.

<Denise> I bet Silver an Aux would come help with *that* oart, if you needed em

<Genevriel> . o O (That took balls.)

  • Eletheni nods
  • Giant_Hettie will carefully wrap up the tapestry.

<Denise> we're taking the best care of it we can

  • Giant_Hettie then comes over to Hettie's side for a moment and puts one large hand on your belly.

<Giant_Hettie> Your child's thread is bright - she will be strong and healthy.

<Denise> :3 :3 :3

<Hettienne> oh, a girl? :3

  • Giant_Hettie nods

<Denise> Murodea girls are the *best* :3

<Hettienne> thank you so much...

<Denise> an she can play with Avionne :3

  • Denise gives her aunt another big hug

<Hettienne> yeah!

  • Eletheni gives Hugo a hug before you go, and Danys will hug Denise, etc. hugs all around ;)

<Genevriel> Could I- Could I walk with you a moment, Hettie? (Addressing Giant Hettie). I have something to ask. In private. It shouldn't take long.

<Giant_Hettie> All right.

<Denise> oh I got a questio too but maybe its a dumb one

  • Genevriel smiles apologetically to the rest of you, who are probably looking forward to getting home.

<Denise> why's it called the *dark* tapestry?

  • Genevriel pauses for an answer to Denise's question, if one is forthcoming.

<Giant_Hettie> According to our legends, there were two made - a dark and a light tapestry. The light tapestry was made to show the past, and the dark the future. I don't know where the light tapestry is, however.

<Denise> huh, neat!

<Genevriel> Maybe it's in all of us.

  • Genevriel turns to Giant Hettie so they can stroll off for their little chat.

<DiablotinNarrator> Thea might want to take Aubrienne aside for a few words in private as well :)

<Aubrienne> (okay)

<Denise> (solos?)

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll assume after people talk to whoever they need to talk to, then you can safely return home.


Solos

Gen asks Giant Hettie about her life-thread

  • Genevriel walks beside Giant Hettie until we are out of earshot of the others.

<Genevriel> Thank you for this.

  • Giant_Hettie nods

<Giant_Hettie> what is troubling you?

<Genevriel> Rifts and kaorti, mainly.

<Genevriel> Supposing that they do create a new rift, we don't have the... Twins?... anymore. Serpent is already one.

  • Giant_Hettie nods

<Giant_Hettie> I don't know if it's possible to create a new rift. It was one possibility.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I'm just trying to start a contingency plan, in case.

<Giant_Hettie> All right...

<Genevriel> I'm a little concerned about who we have that can pay the price this time around. I don't know the answer to that, and my guess is you don't either. But, I have some limited contact with the souls who got trapped in the realm between the worlds and I will at least ask them about it, if I need to.

<Genevriel> My fate seems wound with theirs, since the war.

<Genevriel> So... I wanted to ask you a couple of things. If you can see the thread of my life, is there a... knot in it?

<Genevriel> I have felt like I've been on borrowed time since they saved me from what would certainly have been deadly burns.

  • Giant_Hettie considers that

<Genevriel> I did get a memory back about that night, from a Chrestomath, and I should have died. But I took the... welcome from all those souls, and used it to heal a young boy instead.

<Giant_Hettie> If they saved your life, then it was surely for a purpose. but perhaps it was another purpose than what you think.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Giant_Hettie> And if you used their power to save the life of another, perhaps his life was also saved for a purpose. Perhaps the other lives you have touched on your path are also there for a purpose. The threads of our lives are never in isolation - they exist alongside and intertwined with many others.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Yes, I understand that, but you haven't answered my question.

<Giant_Hettie> I'm not sure what you want to know. Whether you should have died on that occasion, but did not?

<Genevriel> Just whether my thread was cut but then extended somehow. It would give me some peace to know, with certainty.

  • Giant_Hettie reaches out to place her hand on your head, if you'll allow her.
  • Genevriel will.

<Giant_Hettie> Your thread has been thin at times, frayed, close to breaking... but it has persisted unbroken.

  • Genevriel lets out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding.

<Genevriel> All right. Thank you.

  • Giant_Hettie nods

<Genevriel> The other thing I wanted to ask is whether some of the things those souls have said to me mean anything to you.

<Genevriel> I feel like you have a bit of a bigger picture perspective on things than I possibly could.

<Giant_Hettie> I can try...

  • Genevriel laughs slightly.

<Genevriel> All right, so there's "You are the instrument; We are the song / You are the brush; We are the colours / You are the fuel; We are the fire / You are the harvest; We are the seed" and "As the fire allows the seeds to grow stronger, so your strength emerges from your suffering. Like the lyre, our song speaks through you, and you will carry our words: we are all one. Here at the hub of the wheel, where all is still, we embrace you. Be at peace, child."

  • Giant_Hettie considers your words

<Giant_Hettie> You have certainly suffered - and emerged stronger from it.

<Giant_Hettie> It seems as though they wish to speak and spread their message through you.

<Giant_Hettie> Beyond that, if they have ulterior meanings, I am not aware of them.

<Genevriel> All right. Thank you.

<Genevriel> That's all I had to ask you. The others are probably ready to go back to our plane, so I should return to them.

<Giant_Hettie> Very well.

  • Giant_Hettie will return to where the others are, then.
  • Genevriel returns to Madds' side and gives him a hug. She appears content with whatever she had to talk to the Norn about.

<Genevriel> (But also like no matter how curious he might be, she won't tell him.  ;) )

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

Thea and Aubrienne chat

  • Thea will take you aside for a few words, Aubrienne
  • Aubrienne is happy to catch up.

<Thea> are you doing well?

<Aubrienne> I try to take it one day at a time.

<Aubrienne> And you?

<Aubrienne> That seems like less of an option for you.

  • Thea smiles a bit at that

<Thea> I'm all right. It's been good traveling with Hettie and Anny.

<Thea> They need someone not pregnant to keep them steady sometimes.

<Aubrienne> If they're anything like my world's versions, they're good people.

  • Thea nods

<Thea> It can be challenging at times, but we've managed to work our way through it.

  • Thea says, blushing a bit.

<Aubrienne> I can imagine they might need some help. It seems like it would be difficult for them to help each other with some things.

<Aubrienne> Though I guess Hettie can change size and all.

<Thea> size issues are a thing >.> but yes.

<Thea> But I was hoping to talk to you about your brother - and your niece.

<Aubrienne> Oh, um, okay.

<Aubrienne> What about them?

<Thea> Well... how is he doing? Your brother, I mean.

<Aubrienne> (Last I remember, he was doing okay. Has anything changed?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (he seems to have been doing better lately, yeah. more able to spend time with people/family, hold conversations, not break down often, etc.)

<Aubrienne> It's been a struggle, but he seems to be doing better these days. He's not exactly better, but he's managing.

  • Thea nods

<Thea> Good.. that's good.

<Aubrienne> Is there something I should be looking out for?

  • Thea considers, like she's trying to think how to explain something carefully

<Thea> I just wanted to tell you that... his destiny could bring him back here. If he wishes, that is. He could stay in your world, but ... perhaps something would always feel like it was missing.

  • Aubrienne sighs and frowns.

<Aubrienne> I can't say I'm entirely surprised.

<Aubrienne> But, with Linthira...like she is, what is there for him here?

<Thea> I hope that we'll be able to deal with that, if it becomes necessary :/

<Thea> But I've seen a path that could be open to him, if he chooses it.

<Thea> When it's safe - if you think it's right - bring him to the Irminsul and he'll be able to make his choice there.

<Aubrienne> All right.

<Aubrienne> I...can do that.

<Thea> Only if you think it's right. I don't want to tell you what to do - just provide another possibility.

<Thea> Whatever happens, his daughter will always have a place here, as well as in your world. She can keep a foot in each, I think, without harm.

  • Aubrienne nods.

<Aubrienne> I just want him to be happy.

<Aubrienne> Well, and safe.

  • Thea nods

<Thea> I know. And I know how hard you've worked to help him heal. I don't mean to diminish that at all.

<Aubrienne> Oh, that's not it. I just...we lost him, and then he came back, and I worry if he took this path, we'd lose him again.

<Aubrienne> But I suppose I can always come here now. And Hyacinth could as well.

  • Thea nods

<Thea> I don't think he would be lost to you. It might allow him to be truly found.

<Aubrienne> That would be nice.

  • Thea offers you a hug.
  • Aubrienne will gladly return the hug.

<Aubrienne> You know, you're always welcome in our world, too.

<Thea> I might just take you up on that sometime.. when things are a little quieter.

  • Aubrienne smiles.

<Aubrienne> Great.

<Aubrienne> But, yeah, we have a lot to take care of now.

<Thea> I'd very much like to meet your 'Tits' :)

<Aubrienne> ...If only Dorian could hear you right now.

  • Thea smiles

<Thea> I can imagine.

Denise and Danys chat

  • Denise will approach Danys before we go since apparenlty pwople are conferring anyway

<Denise> I just wanted to say.... gosh it is so swell to get to meet you for real. Like I guess I sorta asid it ysterday, but like...

  • Danys smiles

<Denise> I dunno, you were so nice an wise an smart and I though you were swell

<Danys> It's really great to meet you too - properly, that is. I feel like I know you already :)

<Denise> I wanted to know if you got to go home to your boy after all that happened before :3

<Denise> yeah :D

<Danys> Oh... no :/ well it's kind of weird and confusing.

<Denise> no?

<Denise> :(

<Denise> was that just all me then?

<Danys> I don't know if it's that my memories were all mixed up with yours, or what... but once we were separated again, I remembered I didn't have a boy :/ It felt so real then.

<Denise> aww, I'm sorry :(

<Denise> what about the rats?

<Denise> were there really rats?

  • Danys nods, smiling at that

<Danys> That part was real, anyway :)

<Denise> aww good :3

  • Danys will reach into her back and bring out some rattes :3

<Denise> :D

<Denise> My brother is named Mikel... I duno if that carried over

<Denise> an then my boss is Ander...

  • Danys nods

<Denise> I can turn into one now too :3

<Danys> you can? that's so neat :)

<Danys> I think I learned how to hit people better with my tail from you.

<Denise> yeah! :)

<Denise> I just.... heal real fast @_@

<Denise> form you

<Denise> but hittin' things better is good!

<Denise> I can show you a few other things if you want

<Danys> okay! :)

  • Denise will make sure she knows how to throw a proper punch, and a few other basics, and if she knows those, we can more on to some more complex things :V
  • Danys is an enthusiastic learner :)

<Denise> it's great cause you're so strong :3

  • Denise will also make sure to pet all the rattes :3

<Danys> :3

Argent and Briony report to Alma

  • Alma can welcome you and Briony to her home, that probably works best for a setting

<Argent> Thank you for meeting us

<Alma> Of course.

  • Alma has some tea and snacks available
  • Argent accepted some tea but had not drank any

<Argent> Is there any news on the search for Father Willem?

<Alma> Some, yes. I believe we have made further progress since this necklace was recovered.

  • Alma gestures to a necklace that is sitting on her desk.

<Argent> further progress how?

<Alma> I've managed to scry on him, and I believe track down where he is hiding. Now it's a question of getting in there to deal with him.

<Argent> Surely the Spokesmen that are available are more than a match for him

<Alma> he's moving about in the form of a rat, which makes him more difficult to track.

  • Argent nods

<Argent> but significantly slower

  • Alma nods

<Argent> so its should be just a time now.

<Alma> He's got a hiding place in the sewers - I've appealed to those who know that area well for aid.

<Argent> within the Church or outside it?

<Alma> outside... I've sought help from Seth Argo. There's no one more ... intimately aquainted with that part of the city.

<Argent> I've never heard of him. Is he trustworthy?

<Alma> I've known him for many years. While he might be eccentric, I do trust him in these matters. He knows how dangerous Father Willem is.

<Alma> And ... I've become increasingly aware that there are factions within the Church itself that I am reluctant to entrust with such matters.

  • Briony nods

<Argent> increasingly aware?

  • Argent shakes his head

<Alma> I hoped it might be isolated incidents of bigots and fanatics... I thought we had managed to remove the worst of them years ago. I know now that it is more widespread than that. That we need to act in order to cleanse the church, or see it taken over by evil.

<Argent> I'm glad to see someone is finally going to act, but how did this get missed?

<Argent> What were people doing?

<Argent> One Reverend Mother an agent for the Cyst... how does that just slip by?

<Alma> I agree. It should not have, and I accept the fault for this failing.

<Alma> I knew of their threat, and yet didn't see this danger within our own midst.

<Argent> I just don't understand how it got so bad and nobody noticed or did anything.

<Argent> They arranged a candidate for the Arch!

<Argent> how much pull did that take?

<Argent> How does that much fear build up and not get notice or acted on?

<Alma> I hate to say it, but she would have been a candidate either way. She might even have been chosen without their aid, I don't know. I think that their sway helped her, but there is enough fear and racism within people who've never been so much as touched by the Cyst that I can't say for certain.

<Alma> Gods willing, I will be Matriarch one day. I will have more power to act on my concerns then, and I'll need trustworthy associates like you.

<Argent> thats all well and good one day

<Argent> but there's alot to deal with today

  • Alma nods

<Alma> On the previous subject, I believe I've been able to determine the function of the necklace Willem tried to have Empress Janelle wear.

<Argent> I'm guessing its to tie her to her shadowy other half

<Alma> It would have enabled a connection between her and Channel - a link between their minds.

  • Alma nods

<Alma> It suggests at least part of his aim continues to be establishing a link between them, by nurturing the connection they forged in the Arch.

<Argent> Andusk has become quite the pain we dont need right now

<Alma> I have mixed feelings about them... While I agree that it is troubling to consider the continued ties between our planes, even after they were ostensibly severed, I also have no wish to see them perish if their plane should continue to destabilize and collapse.

<Alma> I hope that they can reach their own solution and save themselves, without resorting to whatever nefarious plans Willem has in mind.

<Argent> some of their other plans are just as nefarious, such as aligning with the Black Ship of Leng

  • Alma nods sadly

<Alma> Yes, that would be ... unfortunate.

<Argent> one problem at at time

<Argent> so when its time to move on Claar and her allies, what resouces are we going to have to help us?

<Alma> What do you think will be required?

<Briony> .. Dimensional anchors?

  • Briony suggests

<Argent> something that will let us kill or destroy the Cyste on this plain a little more easily, or at least force them from thier hosts?

<Argent> I mean, I've done it, but its not easy and we have don't have a real good guage on how many are here with here

  • Alma nods

<Argent> (her)

<Argent> and then there is that giant construct she was building... I expect more progress has been made on those

<Alma> I would also advise consulting with Clarence Molniere on that matter. He is expert in constructs and may also have helpful insights into the bloodforged that would aid you if you should need to face any of them.

<Briony> And he seems willing to turn against his former ally...

<Argent> I get the feeling he was in it for the science, not the world destroying

  • Briony nods

<Briony> And possibly a little to impress a girl... :p

  • Argent smiles

<Alma> I can provide dimensional anchors - I think it would be helpful so that even if the Cyst are forced out of their hosts, they can't escape.

<Argent> Thank you for talking to us Mother Alma... I was very... angry about the state of the Church before coming here.

<Argent> I'm glad to hear I'm not only one

<Alma> I understand. And I am sorry. I should have done better. sometimes I can be .. preoccupied with internal matters, to the point of neglecting the issues under my own nose.

<Alma> Anything I can do to help, please, you need only let me know.

  • Argent nods