Diablotin 3 session 69

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 69 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: March 4, 2018
Diablotin date:

Prologue

Genevriel calls Argent to arrange for protective custody for Calondres and Dorien to arrange for fungus-killer

  • Genevriel calls Argent. Hopefully he is home.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Just for my curiosity, are you calling from the lab, or elsewhere?)

  • Argent stares surprised at the ringing contraption

<Genevriel> (I am calling from the lab while Veronise figures out her succession plan.)

  • Argent thinks "when did we get that?"

<Argent> Hello?

<Argent> I'm supposed to say Hello, right?

<Genevriel> Hi Argent, it's Gen. How are you?

<Genevriel> And yes, you're supposed to say hello.

<Argent> I am well today. How are you?

<Genevriel> Pretty good, thanks. Listen, I stayed late at work today. It looks like we may have misunderstood what's happening at the farm. Veronise took me out to run tests on the zygomind - she's trying to figure out how to destroy it without releasing spores.

<Genevriel> Also, she has told me about the things she, Claar, and Molnieres have been up to since before the war. She is not comfortable with the things Claar is doing, and fears for her life since Molniere has disappeared.

<Genevriel> I suggested that if she wants to come clean we might be able to arrange protective custody for her in exchange for her testifying - supposing that there is a trial down the road, anyway.

<Genevriel> Is that something you and your contacts can arrange?

<Argent> Yeah that could be arranged, especially if she has good information on Claar.

<Genevriel> She does.

<Genevriel> She's trying to make arrangements for the lab to be run while she is gone - especially important since there IS a zygomind here.

<Argent> I will see what I can do and contact you. Where do I reach you?

<Genevriel> The number is [insert phone number here] I can escort her into town tonight and deliver her someplace safe.

<Genevriel> We might stop by her home on the way since she was receiving letters from Molnieres. She destroyed them all but the last one, which she still has. It might provide some further evidence.

<Argent> Ok... let me do my thing here.

<Genevriel> Sure. Is Dorien home? I need to ask him about something, too.

  • Argent looks around to see if he is?
  • Dorien is in his bedroom, probably napping

<Argent> Hold on a minute...

<Argent> HEY DOR! GET YOUR BUTT UP! ITS YOUR COUSIN ON THE RINGGER!

<Dorien> Gah! Wazza! What!

  • Dorien will stumble out groggily.

<Argent> It's Gen, she wants to talk to you

  • Argent hands him the phone

<Argent> I gotta split, stuff to do

  • Dorien mumbles something incoherent and grabs the phone

<Dorien> 'Lo?

<Genevriel> Hi Dorien. It's not even 8:00.

<Genevriel> You sound like you were sleeping.

<Genevriel> Are you sick?

<Dorien> It's been a long day...

<Dorien> I have to get sleep when I can nowadays

<Dorien> If I'd known how many hours went into running a lab I would have stayed a drug dealer.

<Genevriel> Well, I've possibly got some more work to add to your load.

<Genevriel> Do you have much of your fungicide in stock?

<Dorien> Some. I can make more. It's not that complicated. What's up?

<Genevriel> The zygomind. The reason Mme. Calondres has it is that she's trying to figure out a way to destroy it without releasing spores.

<Dorien> Huh... interesting.

<Genevriel> She hasn't found a way, yet. So I mentioned I know someone who has made some fungicide that might be worth a try. She seems interested, but was wondering if you could produce enough.

<Dorien> Well, I'm pretty sure the fungicide will kill it if it's related at all to terrestrial fungi, but I can't guarantee it would be without spores.

<Dorien> How big is it?

<Genevriel> They've kept it stunted on purpose by feeding it only the bare minimum it requires to survive. So about person-sized.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think I said 20x20?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (lemme check)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah, 20x20 feet)

<Genevriel> (Yeah, you did, I was skimming too quick and couldn't remember)

<Dorien> (that is not person sized ;) )

  • Genevriel tells you the size it actually is, not Ceiridwen's wild stab in the dark.

<Dorien> (heh)

<Dorien> That's not too bad. Probably a gfew liters would be enough. And then we can have portabello paninis for a month. Well, we could if the fungicide weren't highly toxic.

<Genevriel> Haha.

<Dorien> I'll start working on it. Luckily I just got a new apprentice so I can put them on it. When do you need it by?

<Genevriel> Hard to say. You can probably talk to her directly to work that out.

<Genevriel> When Argent has made arrangements for her.

<Dorien> Oh, so that's what hes off doing...

<Dorien> Sounds good.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> She's working on arrangements for someone to keep running the farm for however long it takes. I'd better go help her with that, if I can.

<Genevriel> . o o (Hopefully she hasn't taken off while I've been chatting with you boys.)

<Dorien> Ok, I'll start getting the ingredient's I'll need.

<Dorien> Good luck.

<Genevriel> Thanks.

<Genevriel> Bye.

<Dorien> See you

  • Genevriel hangs up and will go make sure Veronise hasn't taken off, and assist her however she can.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay.

<DiablotinNarrator> So I'll assume you can make necessary arrangements for someone else to manage the lab for a while, and bring her into town to wherever Argent is stashing all these people/things. She can room with Molniere and the giant brain.

<DiablotinNarrator> actually that's a point - are you (or anyone) going to tell her Molniere is alive and in your custody?

<Genevriel> (We stop by her home on the way to get that letter.)

<Genevriel> (But yeah.)

<DiablotinNarrator> "but yeah" meaning yes you tell her?

<Genevriel> (I don't know that Gen knows he is in custody?)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - it's possible only Argent + those on that mission know

<Genevriel> (I was working on the basis that she doesn't since we haven't discussed it in game. So she gets to be surprised when she gets there, whee.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay.

<Genevriel> (Also, probably better this way. If she finds out *we're* the ones who disappeared Clarence she might freak out/be less cooperative. She can still freak out but at least there'll be more people than Gen to keep her from going postal or something.)

<DiablotinNarrator> tbf you guys undisappeared him :)

<DiablotinNarrator> you just then ... put him in a secure location

<Argent> (id let Vernoise know after we have her in custody and have the stuff from her home)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> She'll be very emotional to learn that he's okay.

<DiablotinNarrator> And if you do take her to where he's being kept, she'll want to see him, and there will be hugs and crying and it's all very sweet... for people who maybe are evil scientists ;)

<Genevriel> (Evil has feelings, too.)

<Argent> (evil and in our custody...hahaha!)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think they're more neutral scientists, tbh. with possibly low wis scores ;)

<Dorien> (Dorien can relate...)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Claar I make no promises on the evil front :P)

<Argent> (and now with an easily leveraged relationship... win/win!)

<DiablotinNarrator> On that basis, I think it'd be useful for folks to get together and share info/make future plans?

  • Genevriel goes home to cuddle her boy once she has made sure Calondres is all settled in, so hopefully our group meeting is the next day. ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, nobody wants to have a group meeting at like 10pm unless it's a real emergency ;)


Argent and Dorien host everyone at their apartment

<DiablotinNarrator> maybe Argent and Dorien can host :p

<Argent> (yes everyone come to our crappy appartment... bring food please)

<Denise> (lol fine)

<Dorien> (I have tea and Gin. Anything else you need to bring.)

  • Genevriel will invite Madds since he's been involved in a bunch of oyr group meetings.
  • Denise can pick up something because she knows what it is like over there ;p
  • Dorien will invite Misery and Neddie
  • Genevriel will bring home-baked goodies.
  • Denise doens't have time for that :p
  • Denise can bring some bread and Mystery Pickles :V
  • Genevriel is so glad Madds didn't get put into the creepy replacement limbs program.

<Genevriel> (Yes, let's lop off you *perfectly good leg* so you can leap over buildings to commit crime.)

  • Denise will just go to your kitchen and come out with snax on some plates, like magic

<Argent> Welcome everyone... we don't have enough chairs, so some folks will have to join me on the floor

  • Denise can sit on the floor

<Denise> Hettie needs a good chair tho or she'll cut someone

  • Genevriel will sit on the floor next to a chair Madds can sit on, and lean against his good leg.

<Genevriel> (Well, use his good leg as a backrest, I mean.)

<Denise> so what's this about?

<Aubrienne> Mental note: create conjure furniture spell.

<Argent> To keep everyone informed on stuff going on so I don't have to have the same conversation like 10 times basically

<Denise> heh

<Argent> Gen, the farm news

  • Argent guestures

<Genevriel> Sure.

<Genevriel> (Everyone go read the log, j/k)

<Argent> (that works for me)

<Denise> (yeh)

<Denise> huh

<Genevriel> (ok, it'll save time, maybe the 15 mins that Julia needs to end the game early. http://rocksfall.org/wiki/Diablotin_3_session_68#Gen_learns_that_Veronise_Calondres_may_actually_be_a_Good_Guy.E2.84.A2 and http://rocksfall.org/wiki/Diablotin_3_session_68#Genevriel_listens_to_Veronise.27s_confessions )

<Argent> so with that we have both Veronise and Molniere in custody and soon well have much more detail on Claar's operation

  • Genevriel nods.

<Argent> I doubt she'll just come in quietly, considering

<Madds> With this information, is it worth perhaps trying to take this to the new Warlord?

<Genevriel> Well, if we get the appropriate people to talk to Calondres and Monieres, surely there will be grounds for arrest?

  • Genevriel glances up and smiles at Madds. GMTA.

<Denise> yeah... an we still don't know how she's linked in with the Cyst

<Denise> maybr they can help figure that out

<Genevriel> Calondres couldn't say for certain that Claar has been infested. She thought it would be an easy excuse for Claar's actions, but was inclined to think that this is actually Claar, not a Cyst entity.

<Genevriel> However, she did suggest that Claar may be working with the Cyst, so...

<Hettienne> Why would you do that if you're *not* infested

<Genevriel> Promises of power?

<Hettienne> Idiots

<Genevriel> A twisted view of the world? Who knows.

  • Denise nods to Hettie

<Dorien> Maybe she just wants to be on what she thinks will be the winning side.

<Denise> well, she's wrong :|

<Denise> >:|

<Argent> Yeah, I'm not sure what can justify betraying your whole world

<Denise> maybe it ain't her world? :p

<Argent> She could be being tricked like others have been by the Cyst... acting in fear to try and defend themselves while actually helping the Cyst reach thier goal

<Aubrienne> Maybe she just would like it to be.

<Denise> well, hopefully we can find out

<Argent> yeah, after she's stopped.

<Denise> when we bring her in >:|

  • Denise nods to argent

<Argent> So we follow up with new Warlord and take action.

  • Argent smiles

<Genevriel> Calondres is afraid of how high this went in the military. Do we have any reason to believe the new Warlord might be in on what the old Warlord was doing?

<Aubrienne> Has there been enough time for the new Warlord to be in on much of anything other than getting up to speed?

<Madds> Well, he was an officer in the army before he was Warlord... so it's possible he knew about it already.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Madds> but I don't know if this was really his area.

<Genevriel> That is what I was getting at.

<Argent> Lets try official first. Go get a measure of the man and offer him the details, see how he reacts.

<Denise> The bos- er, Emperor thinks he's okay :3

<Dorien> Yeah, but who knows if he's even still the same person.

  • Denise looks at Dorien

<Argent> We can use the ointment

<Denise> what?

<Argent> when we meet him

<Argent> if you have some more

<Argent> Dorien

<Dorien> Yeah. We can't assume that anyone is still human.

<Dorien> I have some stocked up.

<Denise> oh, I guess..

<Argent> and if he's not, we knock another brick our of the Cyst's power structure

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I admit I'm relieved that we'll try going through official channels. It feels very lonely, trying to do all this ourselves.

<Argent> hey, we do good work

<Denise> We do!

<Denise> an we got better access now too :3

<Denise> I tell Ander all this stuff.... I mean, like, unless we say not too. So they know.

<Dorien> And better tools.

  • Dorien grins.

<Dorien> Not to brag...

<Genevriel> Well, that's comforting.

<Argent> Anyone else have news to share?

  • Genevriel shakes her head.
  • Denise tries to think if she's got anything relevant

<Denise> I don't think so

<Dorien> I found a great new restaurant a few blocks away.

<Denise> are you doin' okay with the.... shard thing?

  • Denise asks Gen

<Genevriel> Yes. I think I was only a conduit. It did go back to the One in the Void.

<Denise> oh, okay, that's good!

  • Genevriel smiles slightly.
  • Hugonel coughs.

<Hugonel> I think we need to talk about Sirris.

<Hettienne> Who?

<Genevriel> How is he doing?

<Denise> the guy with the tree in his head?

<Aubrienne> What about him?

<Hettienne> Oh that guy.

<Hugonel> Well, he has a tree in his head, as mentioned.

<Hugonel> And is ... well, holding on better than any of us would be in that situation, but still not well.

<Hugonel> I believe he overestimated his ability to hold it in check.

<Denise> were we gonna do somethign about that?

<Denise> I mean

<Denise> is there somethin'?

<Denise> I dunno what woudl happen if there was two irminsuls

<Hugonel> Right, well, I'm hardly an expert, but on that subject, who is, really?

<Hugonel> Silvia is very concerned.

<Genevriel> There could be more than two Irminsuls, if any of those other patients die.

<Hugonel> When Raimond passed away, I think Sirris did what was necessary, but this is not a permanent solution.

<Genevriel> So we also need to consider what to do if they do. We don't have any more Sirrises to absorb them.

<Hugonel> I agree.

<Dorien> If we can't stop it yet, can we halt the process somehow? Maybe some sort of temporal spell to slow ofr halt the progress?

<Denise> weren't we gonna take it out of the first guy's head?

<Hugonel> Yes, using the dreamworld somehow.

<Denise> isn't that why we went to get the princesses?

<Denise> well I mean

<Denise> not *just* why...

<Hugonel> I do think that Princess Ilphere might be very useful in this regard.

<Aubrienne> This is more her area of expertise.

<Hugonel> She knows more than just about anyone about these sorts of weirdnesses.

<Denise> do we wanna met with her then, too?

<Denise> an the new warlord?

<Genevriel> I think we need to. Not just for Sirris but for the other patients as well.

<Hugonel> Would we want to meet with them together or separately?

<Hugonel> If the concern is real that the new warlord may not be fully trustable ... I don't know.

<Genevriel> Separately, I think. We don't know if the Warlord is one of them or not, yet.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> The Princess may be all sorts of crazy, but she is deeply loyal to the Empire.

<Genevriel> If he passes muster then it probably wouldn't hurt to meet with them both, as everything does appear to be linked, as Calondres said.

<Aubrienne> But separate is the way to go for now.

  • Genevriel nods her agreement.
  • Denise looks a tad Concerned, but nods

<Genevriel> You look troubled, Denise.

<Denise> Well, I dunno. Princess Ilphere prolly does know more about any of this stuff an I'm glad we got her out of Andusk but, like.... she's kinda scary >.>

<Dorien> I think we all have a right to look a bit troubled right now.

<Denise> When we went in the other guy's head....

<Denise> But like

<Aubrienne> She's scary, sure, but scary isn't necessarily bad. You're scary in the right situations, D. :)

<Aubrienne> Sometimes you need scary on your side.

<Denise> yeah.

  • Denise can accept this assessment :3

<Genevriel> Well, is there anything else we ought to discuss, or should we ask for audiences with the Warlord and Princess Ilphere?

<Hugonel> Nothing I can think of? I mean, other than the fact that my vampire double might kill me someday if things go wrong.

<Genevriel> There is the matter of Father Willem loose int eh city.

<Genevriel> I feel like we should report that to someone appropriate to deal with.

<Aubrienne> We've all been there, Hugo. :p

<Denise> I thought other folks were dealin' with him? I mean, I dunno if they did yet but maybe we can find out?

<Denise> isn't that what, um, M. Orecalo said?

<Argent> we brought that book back which should make locating him easy

<Argent> or easier

<Genevriel> Maybe he's a matter for the Warlord to deal with, though - if he checks out?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> well

<Denise> I mean I can ask at the palace

<Denise> @_@

<Denise> An see.

<Denise> I ain't heard anythig but there's so much goin' on]

<Genevriel> Didn't you have someone from the Church looking into it, Argent?

  • Genevriel frowns, trying to remember.

<Aubrienne> We could also devote some time to tracking him down. We have the resources, and could probably get more as necessary.

<Denise> well, let's see what's goin on an see if they need us

<Hugonel> All right, sounds like a plan.

<Genevriel> Reverend Mother Alma, wasn't it?

<Genevriel> We should check in with her.

<Argent> I'll see what I can find out

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> All right. So Argent will follow up on that. Who wants to arrange to meet with the Warlord? And who with Princess Ilphere?

<Denise> anyway, I got these pickles in a secret room in the palace an they're pretty good!

<Dorien> o.O

  • Denise says popping open the jar

<Hugonel> I'm happy to set up the meeting with Ilphere.

<Denise> An, like, I guess I can see about the warlord

<Genevriel> Sounds good. I brought some lemon squares.

<Denise> ?

  • Genevriel offers them for everyone.

<Hugonel> I may also invite Loick to attend - he has some expertise that may be relevant.

<Hugonel> Should we also invite Silvia directly to meet with Ilphere, when we do?

<Dorien> I make sure you all have some of the ointment so you can be sure who's what.

<Dorien> (I'll)

<Denise> okay

  • Dorien will retrieve a few jars from his bedroom and pass them around.

<Genevriel> I don't think it would hurt, Hugonel.

<Hugonel> Just don't mix them up with the pickles!

<Dorien> Yeah, you probably don't want pickle juice in your eyes.

<Genevriel> Or on your lemon squares.

<Genevriel> (Ok, so Argent will find answers about Willem, Hugo will arrange to meet with Ilphere and Silvia, and Denise will arrange to meet with Bryson. Woot! Progress!)


Hugo, Denise, Genevriel, and Aubrienne meet with Loick, Ilphere and Silvia about how to help Sirris

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, let's have the meeting with Ilphere re. Sirris first. Hugo can make necessary arrangements and anyone who wants to be there can be there (I mean of you guys - not of everyone in the city ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> You also wanted to have Loick and Silvia there?

  • Genevriel will go.

<Hugonel> (yes, if possible)

<Genevriel> (And invite Madds if he wants to come, but maybe he will sit this one out. :) )

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I have enough NPCs to play ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Hugo and Gen, anyone else going to this one?

<Aubrienne> (I'd be down for that one)

  • Dorien can't think of why he would go.

<Denise> (I will go to anything if I don't hav something else going on, if only so I can keep the Emperor properly informed :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can meet at Loick's house because I imagine Ilphere's situation is still up in the air as they relocate from the palace. I mean I'm sure she and Menard have another home but probably it's sort of in chaos as they move stuff in.

<Loick> So much for retirement, heh.

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Genevriel> No rest for the wicked.

  • Loick will have some refreshments served for people (tea cakes for Ilphere because he knows she likes them ;)

<Hugonel> You can be a freelance Council member for hire.

  • Ilphere will gladly help herself to tiny pastries...
  • Denise will also :V

<Loick> I think 'consultant' is a good title.

<Hugonel> Also, let's face it, you would have been miffed if we hadn't included you, Uncle.

<Loick> It's true.

<Hugonel> How are you doing, Princess Ilphere?

  • Genevriel will be using ointment I guess, just to make sure none of these nobles are infested.

<Ilphere> oh, well enough considering I have to move my entire library...!

<Ilphere> it's very inconvenient >:(

<Denise> I bet that's gonna be a real empty room :3

<Hugonel> Quite so, quite so.

<DiablotinNarrator> They seem fine, Gen.

<Aubrienne> If you need any help with your books... >.>

<Ilphere> I might consider that...! for some reason my ungrateful children think they have 'more important' things to do.

<Ilphere> I say, what is the point of having children if they aren't going to help you with moving...!

<Hugonel> Hmm, yes quite.

<Loick> Research subjects? ;)

<Ilphere> Oh well, there's that...!

  • Denise just quietly eats another pastry

<Hugonel> Was there anything you needed to follow up with us regarding Andusk, Princess?

<Ilphere> Well, if they merge with Leng that will certainly be an interesting development...!

  • Hugonel nods, trying not to freak out too much.

<Hugonel> Well, the important thing is that you're back here safely, and we did learn a lot about their plans and intentions.

<Ilphere> But we may need to wait and see what path they take... they may take another route

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> In the meantime, we have asked you to come here today to help with another serious matter, that of Sirris.

  • Ilphere nods

<Loick> Yes... how is he doing, Silvia?

  • Silvia makes a so-so kind of gesture

<Silvia> He has good days and less good ones... his moods swing erratically, sometimes very agitated and almost manically optimistic, sometimes depressed and despondent.

<Aubrienne> Well, presumably some of that is the Irminsul, and some of that is the situation.

<Silvia> He's always had those darker days but the dramatic upswings are new.

<Hugonel> It's quite clear, though, that a long-term solution is needed.

<Ilphere> So, we would like to try going into his dream and extracting the Irminsul...?

<Hugonel> We hoped to seek your counsel as to whether that is advisable.

<Ilphere> well I certainly think it's advisable for his well-being...! and if he were to die with it still taking root there, it would have dramatic consequences...!

<Aubrienne> So, is it feasible?

  • Silvia looks mildly uncomfortable at the casual conversation about her husband dying

<Denise> What would happen?

<Genevriel> And where do we put it once it's out of his head?

<Ilphere> My research indicates that the Irminsul reproduces by planting seeds in people's minds - hiding there and taking nourishment from their dreams, their energy, until such time as it gathers enough power to manifest in this world...!

<Ilphere> To extract it would be a complex task, but I'm certainly willing to make the effort...

<Ilphere> As to what happens with it after it's removed, assuming we can do so, it depends... I'd be interested in studying it...

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Sirris absorbed it to *prevent* a portal to another plane being opened in this plane.

<Aubrienne> Any rough estimation on the chance of catastrophe?

<Loick> We already have one Irminsul in the city - we really don't need two @_@

<Aubrienne> Another portal isn't necessarily a problem, properly planned for and secured.

<Aubrienne> Is it?

<Loick> Not necessarily, but it's the area of effect that I worry about.

<Genevriel> Especially since malevolent extraplanar entities have their hearts set on coming here.

<Denise> deends pon where it goes!

<Denise> (depends on)

<Loick> The zone around the Irminsul will become infused with Primal energy over time... generating unpredictable effects.

<Hugonel> I agree with the Princess in this case. We need to study it, because it's not like this is a one-time problem. Of course, not in the city.

<Genevriel> ...

<Ilphere> I could take it to my estate in the country to examine it there...!

<Denise> maybe put it back in Seda Grove?

<Loick> Hm, that's an interesting proposition.

<Genevriel> And what's to prevent some other unscrupulous consortium from harvesting the primal energy from *this* Irminsul, like they did at Seda Grove - which is what got us all into this mess in the first place?!

<Aubrienne> What do you propose, Gen? Destroying it?

<Hugonel> I don't think there's anything to prevent that, either way. Destroying it doesn't solve the problem in the big picture. There are entities and forces , in multiple planes, who have interests that we do not fully understand.

<Denise> I thouht that's what Claar was doin' that got this all started - studyin' the irminsuls :p

<Genevriel> No. Claar and her consortium harnessed the energy of the Irminsul at Seda Grove to create the Warforged. That cost many soldiers their lives. That's how the Irminsul seeds got planted in Raimond's head and the heads of the other patients. That's why Sirris now has it in his head.

<Genevriel> Claar began studying Irminsuls after wards, that's why she had Raimond and the others at Lynwood.

<Loick> If we had access to her research notes it would possibly be very informative.

  • Loick says idly

<Denise> I don't figure she went up to that big 'ol magic tree knowin' nothin' about it

<Silvia> My concern is for Sirris... I think the Irminsul needs to be removed sooner rather than later, for his safety. What happens to it after that is another matter.

<Genevriel> No, but they were approaching it as an energy source then. Now she appears to be interested in them for other reasons.

<Silvia> I suspect Xan and Justen would also want to assist, if their help would be useful. They're concerned for Sirris as well.

<Hugonel> Oh, yes, absolutely.

<Denise> sure?

<Aubrienne> As long as it's people we can trust, the more the merrier, right?

<Ilphere> Well, it's not a problem of numbers so much... but Sirris's own emotions and attachments may have an effect on the dreams we encounter.

<Ilphere> I wouldn't ask you to come into your own husband's dream, for instance...! Goodness only knows what you'd see there, it might be awful...!

<Silvia> Well, I appreciate that. And I feel like it's more useful for me to remain by his side anyway, in case anything happens while this is happening.

  • Ilphere nods

<Ilphere> He's had a very ... troubled past... whatever we find in his dreams may reflect that >.>

<Denise> he has?

<Aubrienne> <w> I can tell you later, Denise.

  • Silvia nods, realizing not everyone probably knows about her husband's life
  • Denise nods

<Silvia> He went through the destruction of his entire civilization, and then spent a couple thousand years being punished for it, until Justen and Xan rescued him.

  • Silvia says by way of the short, short summary

<Denise> gosh

<Denise> that's a long punishing time :o

  • Silvia nods grimly
  • Denise stops herself from asking what he did, at least for now >.>

<Denise> :/

<Ilphere> But if Justen and Xan feel that they can withstand whatever they might see there, then their help would be welcome...!

<Denise> well slmeone can ask 'em I guess

  • Silvia nods

<Loick> Shall we reserve discussion of what to do with the extracted Irminsul for once we know whether it's actually possible to extract it?

<Hugonel> Probably for the best.

<Hugonel> Do let me know what you would need from me, if anything. I would want to help in any way possible.

<Ilphere> People who do know him well may be useful - dreams can use metaphors and symbols that make sense to the person, so your insights would be much appreciated...!

<Ilphere> As well, I believe you are a follower of his faith, so that may be helpful...?

<Hugonel> That is true.

<Hugonel> I should say that I did also, when last I met with him, share the moment of his memory when he took the Irminsul into him from Raimond.

<Ilphere> oh...?

<Hugonel> It was very fragmented, but, yes.

<Hugonel> The blue glow of the Irminsul rushed up to meet him, and then a flood of scattered memories, bits and pieces of green leaves overhead, night skies filled with stars, fire falling from the sky, the ground melting like glass, darkness and an aching sorrow, a cool sip of water. That sort of thing.

<Hugonel> I don't know what, if any of that, would have been metaphorical or literal.

<Genevriel> My skills might be best used watching over him with Silvia, in case things go wrong. I may be able to heal him, bring him back if necessary.

<Silvia> The ground melting, and the drink of water, would be quite literal I think.

  • Genevriel glances at Silvia because it's not very nice thinking about your loved ones dying maybe.

<Ilphere> Well, should we prepare for this in the next several days...? Perhaps after the coronation, I imagine I'm expected to attend that...

<Hugonel> Of course.

<Silvia> All right.

<Silvia> I think he'll be able to make it until then.

<Denise> yeah @_@

<Denise> gosh

<Denise> okay, then

<DiablotinNarrator> (all right. Maybe talking to the Warlord next? I know Argent wanted to be there but maybe he's busy with church stuff)

<Denise> (WHat was the other one?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Alma - which he would really need to be there for)

<Denise> (Ahhh right. Okay!)

Denise, Hettienne, Dorien, Aubrienne, and Genevriel meet with the new Warlord, Bryson Arguelles

  • Denise will ask Ander how to set up a meeting about this stuff and who all shousl be there because shes reall not sure, she just trusts he can make it happen ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> (maybe I can wrangle Terry and anyone else who wants to be there for a solo for the Alma stuff)

<Denise> (And who all is coming for this? gen and Madds? Dorien? Hettie, maybe, for stff that relates to Molniere?)

<Dorien> I can go if needed.

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah, that would make sense to me?)

<Genevriel> (I'm coming, yeah, and would ask Madds if he wants to - but he might not since ultimately the Warlord is his boss)

  • Ander will make time to be there for this, I think
  • Genevriel will use ointment again, and offer some to Madds as well.
  • Dorien will use it also
  • Denise will just trust the others to tell her who to punch ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> People at this meeting = not cyst infected ;)

<Genevriel> (Excellent)

  • Ander will make introductions around, since I think most of you haven't met the new Warlord before.
  • Denise has not
  • Bryson is in his early 30s, tall, brown hair, blue eyes, catalogue model handsome ;)
  • Genevriel bows politely to Ander and the Warlord.

<Bryson> It's good to meet you, I understand there is some important business you need to discuss with me?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Denise> um, yes

<Denise> Sir

<Genevriel> For some time now, we've been aware of some things that don't seem right in the Empire. Soldiers with artificial limbs, who seem to lose something of their humanity; the fae invasion which may have been an attempt for an entirely different type of entity, experiments with portals to this plane, and more.

<Genevriel> It all seems to tie into some research that was carried out by several scientists: Suzetta Claar, Veronise Calondres, and Clarence Molnieres - who received a great deal, if not all, of their funding from the previous Warlord.

<Bryson> I've been briefed on some of these matters... some of it is still something I'm trying to wrap my head around.

<Hettienne> YEah so what do you know about that

<Bryson> I know about the program to develop artificial limbs - I saw some of that in action even prior to my appointment here. I know there were some unfortunate side effects, and that there is a lawsuit in process.

<Hettienne> A lawsuit?

  • Bryson nods

<Madds> Yes, some of the ... patients, I guess you can say.. are suing.

<Denise> Some of 'em went all kinds crazy, an started working for the folks in the church who wanna kill folks who aren't humans, too.

<Denise> Evictors

<Bryson> Yes, it's my understanding we have some of them in custody.

<Hettienne> WHat are you doin' with them

<Bryson> That's under the purview of the Hush... I believe they want to try to use them to identify other members of this group, in order to bring more of them to justice. In my opinion, they should be tried for their crimes by a military court.

<Hettienne> So the Hush has 'em back?

<Bryson> wait, back?

  • Bryson looks puzzled for a moment

<Bryson> Did they not still have them?

<Hettienne> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

<Bryson> All right... I'll look into that.

<Denise> We went lookin; for 'em but we found Molniere instead

<Genevriel> He's in custody of a branch of the Church.

<Genevriel> And Calondres has turned herself in to them as well.

<Hettienne> we were told YOUR guys took 'em

<Denise> but we thought *you* had Aigel 'an his lady

  • Bryson frowns

<Denise> well, not, like *you*, but th' old warlord

  • Denise says a touch more demurely

<Genevriel> It seems that Calondres and Molniere were not comfortable with the direction Claar's research was taking. They may be willing to testify against her if there is sufficient evidence for her arrest.

  • Bryson nods

<Bryson> Suzetta Claar isn't a member of the military, but a... consultant employed by my predecessor. I don't have jurisdiction over her specifically. But I do agree that if there is evidence for crimes she's committed, that an arrest should be made.

<Denise> we gotta get her before she goes into hidin' or somethin'

<Bryson> Do you know where she currently is?

<Denise> uhhh.

<Denise> no.

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> <.<

<Bryson> But you do have a number of her associates.

<Denise> yes.

<Genevriel> Yes, they might be able to provide some clues to her whereabouts.

<Bryson> So maybe one of them knows of possible places she might go.

<Denise> wELL, AN WE KOW WHRE HER FACILITY IS, SO THERE'S THAT TOO

<Denise> (CL, sorry)

<Denise> Like, maybe someone there woudl know where she's at

<Dorien> There may be evidence there too.

  • Bryson nods

<Bryson> That, we may have grounds to search.

<Denise> good

<Denise> we found all kinds a weird stuff there

<Denise> an we got some folks out....

<Hettienne> She was poisoning her dad...

<Denise> oh right!

<Denise> yeh

<Denise> her own da!

<Bryson> Do you think he'd also be willing to testify to things he might have witnessed or been subjected to?

<Hettienne> He was pretty cranky about it

<Denise> she made him blind soI dunno that he saw much :p

<Denise> but prolly, yeah

<Denise> we sent him to his old good doctor

<Bryson> All right... we can try to locate him then, and see what he has to say.

  • Denise nods
  • Bryson will get the name of said doctor, which I forget ;)

<Denise> I bet the church folks are keepin; tabs on 'im

<Bryson> But if I understand, you believe that all of this also relates to possible incursions from other planes, and threats from extraplanar entities? Not just to misdeeds of one or two particular scientists.

<Genevriel> It's possible that Claar is herself infected with a Cyst entity. My cousin, Dorien, has developed an ointment that can be used to identify these creatures within their hosts.

  • Genevriel looks over at Dorien.

<Denise> But like - what do you know about this? They leave anykinda reports or they gone all rogue an sketchy about it?

<Denise> an oh yeah, the Cysts... er.. Kaorti. Things >:|

<Genevriel> He may be able to supply those in the military whom you trust to carry out investigations.

<Dorien> It's proven effective so far. We may also have a method of removing them, although we only have limited evidence of its efficaciousness

<Bryson> There are reports as far as concerns the creation of the warforged, and the artificial limb research.

<Bryson> Not so much about extraplanar beings trying to invade our world.

<Denise> they wanna take over our world. They're whatt correupted the Irmunsul in the Shade and tried to use it to get in here.

<Denise> but Claar is prolly workin' with them

<Dorien> If not one of them

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> she had a bunch of folks who had, I guess, irminsul seeds in their heads

<Denise> at Lynnwood

<Denise> an that's who we got out an the old warlord tried to get back

<Denise> right?

  • Denise checks with Gen on that
  • Bryson looks a bit concerned at that

<Genevriel> They're currently in the joint care of Silvia Rionet and Reverend Mother Alma; some of us have been assisting in their care.

<Denise> so gosh, maybe *she* has a cyst in her !@_@

<Genevriel> Yes, Fredericia Hartzell did try to have them removed from our care.

<Bryson> the Warlord?

<Denise> yeah...

<Bryson> I mean... my predecessor as warlord, that is. Sorry, I'm still not used to being the Warlord :p

<Genevriel> Yes, there was a signed warrant just after Emperor Marl died.

  • Bryson nods

<Genevriel> Fortunately, Justen Olivier was able to provide an opinion on its legality and the seizure was thwarted.

<Genevriel> We relocated the patients from Silvia Rionet's house to Reverend Mother Alma's at that time.

<Bryson> All right.

<Bryson> I find it concerning that they were trying to gain control of these patients in a manner of ... dubious legality.

<Genevriel> As did we.

<Genevriel> The patients all have Irminsuls in their heads. When they die, the Irminsuls will be released. I think that's the reason they are valuable to Claar and Hartzell.

  • Bryson nods

<Denise> sorta released

<Denise> like the one we saw didn't realy, uh, take

<Denise> (Or did it, I forget)

<Genevriel> One patient, Raimond Neherin, already did die. Sirris, Silvia's husband, managed to contain it but not for long. We're working with Princess Ilphere to try to come up with a solution both for Sirris and the remaining patients.

<Genevriel> (Replace "it" with "the Irminsul")

<Genevriel> One of the patients was a Psyrene soldier; she was kept by Claar against her will and unable to contact any of her family back home. So, there is probably some sort of charge availalbe there since I believe all prisoners of war were supposed to be released when the war ended?

<Bryson> yes...

  • Bryson frowns at that

<Bryson> I think there are definitely enough potential crimes here that bringing her in is necessary. Even if only some of these matters are accurate, it's very alarming.

  • Genevriel looks relieved.

<Denise> Just Claar? Or the old Warlord too? >.>

<Bryson> at the very least I think we need to determine whether Hartzell is infected with one of these Cyst beings. If you have a means of detecting them, we should use that to see if that is the case. Our response from there would depend on what we find.

  • Genevriel looks to Dorien.

<Dorien> I have a small sample with me. I'll need your guarantee that it won't leave your possession, though. If one of them gets hold of it it may be possible they could find a way to neutralize its effectiveness.

<Bryson> Certainly.

<Bryson> I'm willing to go and talk to her under the guise of needing advice in my new position.

  • Dorien will produce a small vial and pass it to the warlord.

<Denise> okay but, like, be careful :o

<Bryson> Thank you.

<Dorien> Just rub some on your eylids before meeting her. I'm still not sure how long the effects last, but its at least a few minutes.

<Bryson> What will the effects be if she is infected?

<Dorien> You'll know.

<Dorien> Trust me.

<Bryson> ... all right.

<Denise> they look real creepy

<Denise> all stretched out an... wrong @_@

<Genevriel> Sir, please be careful. If she is a Cyst, we don't know all that they are capable of.

  • Bryson nods

<Bryson> I'll ask to meet her here - that way, I won't be in her home territory, and there will be people around if anything unexpected happens.

<Genevriel> The entity may be able to leave her and infect you, and that would be... very bad.

<Genevriel> But someone who is still a Warlord is probably more useful to the Cyst than someone who is no longer a Warlord .

<Bryson> Do you know of any means to guard against this? Precautions I should take?

<Denise> um

<Denise> magic?

<Dorien> Guns come to mind.

<Denise> we used a spell to push one out of someone an I think it would keep them out?

<Bryson> I'm not going to shoot Fredericia Hartzell @_@

<Denise> you can't shoot the cyst anyway

<Genevriel> No, you'd be killing the host but not the parasite.

  • Genevriel agrees.
  • Denise looks at Aubrienne (if she is here)

<Genevriel> Calondres did develop a treatment for those infected with the Cyst; it lets them resume control of themselves again briefly. I wonder if a stronger version of that could possibly act as a repellant?

  • Genevriel looks to Dorien again.

<Dorien> I may have a way of forcing one out.

<Aubrienne> Protection from Evil should block you from being infected, and, yes, you can use circles or similar magic to cast them out.

<Dorien> We've only tested it once, but it worked.

  • Bryson nods

<Denise> if you can get 'em out they die ral quick

<Denise> hat's why they need hoststhey can't live here on their own

<Dorien> They don't do well in our plane.

<Bryson> All right. Well, if I determine that she is infected, we can proceed to those options. For the first meeting, I'll use protective magic to ward myself.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Dorien> Also, make sure you wash your hands after applying that stuff. You don't want to accidentally get any in your mouth. You'll be vomiting neon pink for like... an hour.

<Bryson> Uh... good to know.

<Denise> hey you never told us that! :o

  • Denise elbows Dorien

<Dorien> I only just found out. Don't ask how.

<Genevriel> The other thing you and Her Imperial Majesty should be aware of if you're not already, is that there is currently a zygomind being held captive at Calondres' experimental farm outside of the city. She has been trying to find a way to destroy it without releasing its spores, because she thinks it's not impossible that the Cyst are hoping to use zygominds to depopulate our plane. We-

  • Genevriel indicated her companions

<Genevriel> Had also theorized that the undead husks created by a zygomind might make a suitable host for Cyst entities.

<Denise> or warforged >.>

  • Genevriel nods.

<Denise> I still bet that's why they were made in the first place

<Denise> >.>

<Genevriel> Or warforged. And the Irminsul at Seda Grove is what gave Claar's team the power they needed to bring the Warforged to life. So even if she is not seeking Irminsuls to create portals to other planes, she may be seeking Irminsuls as a power source to create more Warforged to house Cyst entities.

<Bryson> I'm sorry, can you back up and explain what a zygomind is?

<Genevriel> Yes, sir.

  • Genevriel will explain that they are evil fungi that can grow up to 300 feet and basically turn everyone for miles around into undead servants of itself to lure more victims in.

<Bryson> ... all right...

<Bryson> It's not too late for me to tell Janelle to find someone else for this job, right?

<Genevriel> (i'll give him the details but figured it doesn't make sense to repeat the monster manual entries here  ;) )

  • Bryson asks Ander a bit jokingly

<Ander> Oh yeah, no, it's too late. You're stuck with it.

<Denise> heh

<Genevriel> Dorien did develop an antifungal chemical that we used successfully against the fungi during the Fey invasion. It's possible that it would have the desired effect on the zygomind.

<Dorien> We're going to give it a test, at least.

<Genevriel> (Do I know who Veronise decided to leave in charge of the lab?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably but I don't ;)

  • Genevriel will tell him who's in charge of the lab currently.

<Genevriel> We should work with [him/her/they] to test Dorien's chemical on the zygomind.

<Bryson> All right.

<Denise> an, like... I get you some names of folks to work with from the church... an mayyybe the hush?

  • Denise looks at Hettie
  • Bryson will thank you for the information and go about getting these things organized, then.