Diablotin 3 session 68

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 68 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: February 4, 2018
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> The Empress (whose official coronation is still a few days off) is working on making appointments to her Inner Council. A few of the positions will remain the same - for instance, she doesn't get to appoint the Patriarch ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> But a lot of the Inner Council have been serving for 30+ years and are happy to retire and pass this responsibility along to someone else.

<DiablotinNarrator> The appointments to the Inner Council are as follows

<DiablotinNarrator> § Lady Chancellor - Cora of Gouge

<DiablotinNarrator> § Lady Chamberlain - Lienor Silveira

<DiablotinNarrator> § Lord Treasurer - Noren Errazuris

<DiablotinNarrator> § Warlord - Bryson Arguelles

<DiablotinNarrator> § Patriarch - Velten du Champe (continuing)

<DiablotinNarrator> § Secretary of State - Eloise Marcoux (continuing)

<DiablotinNarrator> § Chief Sorceress - Svara Badic

<DiablotinNarrator> § Chief Justice - Danyel de Beziers (continuing)

<DiablotinNarrator> (oh lol it changed my bullet points. oh well.)

<DiablotinNarrator> The other development is that Empress Janelle is creating three new positions on the Inner Council - Secretary of Education, Secretary of Industry, and Secretary of Health.

<DiablotinNarrator> who are as follows:

<DiablotinNarrator> Secretary of Education - Jessamine Olivier

<DiablotinNarrator> Secretary of Industry - Julienne Sormet

<DiablotinNarrator> Secretary of Health - Pasith de Beziers

<Aubrienne> (neat)

<DiablotinNarrator> There are various other appointments in the Outer Council that are probably less interesting, and also the Ladies of the Bedchamber, who might contain a few people some of you know :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Ladies of the Bedchamber: Chessa Duclair, Marlena Olivier, Alma de Tourigny, Lili Veilleux, Sylvane Marcoux, Lurancy Dryden

<DiablotinNarrator> I mean, I think in part she's picking people she actually knows and is friends with, and partly picking people to satisfy different Houses so they have some kind of representation, and partly people outside the typical circle of nobles.

<DiablotinNarrator> So probably some of these appointments are fairly controversial, and/or at least unexpected.

<DiablotinNarrator> also Noren, Bryson, and Danyel are the only dudes. well, aside from Velten, who is approx. one thousand years old and will die and be replaced soon ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> (and honestly probably as soon as Alma becomes Matriarch, Danyel retires... because he wants to stay married and working with his wife is not the way to do that ;p)

Hettienne learns that Nycki could be the next Lady Grey

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Hettie, you are probably spending most of your available hours at the moment working on the dress for the coronation - although as promised they do have assistants available for you if you want them, to do the stuff like fetching and carrying and tedious non-complicated sewing and so forth.

<Hettienne> (aight)

<DiablotinNarrator> You're getting ready for bed after a long day of work and Nycki wanders in.

<Nycki> hey babe... how are you holding up?

<Hettienne> I dunno... I'm too tired to think about it @_@

<Hettienne> How 'bout you?

<Nycki> it's been a hell of a day.

<Hettienne> Must be a mess at the office huh.

  • Nycki nods

<Nycki> Here... lemme rub your feet, they must be hurtin'.

  • Nycki may or may not be buttering you up for something >.>

<Hettienne> Aw that'd be swell... An' I can do yours :3

<Nycki> sure :)

  • Nycki gets settled in with your feet on her lap so she can rub them.

<Nycki> so like... you remember how we talked a while ago, 'bout me maybe bein' the next Lady Grey.

<Hettienne> Yeah?

<Nycki> Well... yeah. So it's happenin' - or at least, I got til tomorrow to tell them yes or no.

  • Nycki looks over at you to gauge your reaction to that

<Hettienne> Well, damn :o

<Nycki> it'd be a big change.

<Hettienne> So... what's that gonna mean?

<Nycki> well, like... for us, first of all it'd mean either we gotta move, or we gotta get your house overhauled with all kinds of security. <Nycki> Stuff to stop people spyin' on us, stuff to stop people tryin' to fuck with us... magic, not magic, whatever.

<Hettienne> I guess that makes sense...

<Nycki> I know how much you love this place. Like... I wouldn't wanna make you leave it if you don't wanna.

  • Hettienne shifts uncomfortably...

<Hettienne> Yeah... :/

<Hettienne> What... what all would they have to do?

<Hettienne> How long would it take?

<Nycki> I think they could do it pretty quick, if need be - there'd be physical security - stuff like new locks, that kinda thing - plus magic stuff they'd throw on.

<Nycki> Maybe a week or two, say?

<Hettienne> Where we would go while they're doin' it?

<Nycki> We could stay at the palace for a bit.

<Nycki> Kinda like a swanky vacation? ;p

<Hettienne> Ooh, fancy.

  • Hettienne giggles

<Nycki> It'd also mean like... for the kids, we prolly couldn't send 'em to regular schools an' that kinda thing. it'd have an impact on them too, when they're growin' up.

<Hettienne> I never went to regular school an' I turned out just fine :v

<Nycki> well, fair enough.

  • Hettienne snickers
  • Nycki smiles at that

<Nycki> They'd have 'em schooled at the palace, if we want that - like, with any little princes and princesses that show up, or the kids of the other Council folks.

<Hettienne> Weird.

<Hettienne> Wonder what Ander thinks of that

<Nycki> well, yeah... that's a thing, ain't it. I mean... it ain't no one's business, but if they come out lookin' a lot like him, an' they're standin' there next to his kids, there might be talk. but whatever, fuck'em if they do wanna spread rumours.

<Hettienne> can't be weirder than Tits' family.

  • Hettienne shrugs.

<Nycki> Yeah.

<Nycki> so... you think I should say yes, then? 'Cause .. if you don't want me to do it, I won't. I don't wanna fuck up what I got with you just over some job.

<Hettienne> Oh hon, you gotta do it!!

<Hettienne> I'm so proud of you, y'know? :3

  • Nycki smiles, looking relieved

<Nycki> okay... okay I'll do it. an' once I get in there, babe, I'm gonna find out where those fuckers took those other fuckers, an' I'm gonna bring them all down for you. I promise.

<Hettienne> I can't wait :D

  • Nycki leans over to give you a kiss (a bit awkwardly since you're both huge)
  • Hettienne snuggles up against you as best she can.
  • Nycki snuggles back :3

Denise and Enver find the Imperial Preserves

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, once you've had a day or so to recover, Enver invites you to come with him on one of his new exciting Official Excursions to explore the depths of the palace :D

<Denise> awww yeah :D

  • Denise is very down for that as long as Ander doens't need her :3
  • Enver will bring Lady and the spider robot as well, which he is calling Daisy ;p

<Denise> :3

<Denise> so where're we goin'?

<Denise> you think there's links to the undercity?

<Enver> Oh man.. there's so much stuff under there @_@ like I ain't even explored even half of it yet.

<Denise> :D

<Denise> well I'm all ready, let's go :D

  • Enver takes your hand as we head off

<Denise> :3

<Enver> Okay, so we're gonna go into this thing that's like... a wine cellar, I guess, now, but it's got some old passages that go further down.

<Enver> so like... watch your head, some of the ceilings are low...

<Denise> okay

  • Denise can hunch

<Enver> so... Ander an' Janelle - uh, the Empress, I mean - asked if I'd help out with some stuff.

  • Enver says as we head along

<Denise> oh?

<Denise> liek, what kinda stuff?

<Denise> Other'n like, finding all the cool tunnels :3

<Enver> Yeah, like... well, they're still buildin' the subway, right? an' they wanna make sure that it doesn't fuck things up in the undercity. that it gets done right.

<Enver> not plowin through graveyards an' stuff.

<Denise> oh, huh.

<Enver> so they asked if I'd like... help with that. like a consultant or somethin'.

<Denise> that's swell

<Denise> um... what's goin on with, like, your old job?

<Denise> I mean I guess this could be part of that too, makin' sure things ain't gettin in the way there or...

<Enver> I could still do my regular work too, I think, like... but prolly I oughta train someone new too. it ain't like Georn's gonna do it >.>

<Denise> Liek I duno, now that Ander is emperor, prolly a lot of that stuff is gonna change too?

  • Denise nods

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> there's gotta be someone who could learn it :3

  • Enver nods

<Enver> yeah, prolly.. I'll give it some thought I guess.

<Enver> an' I dunno how Ander's bein' Emperor is gonna change things... I mean, even if he's Emperor, he can't just be like "okay, smugglin' stuff is just fine now", right?

<Enver> but maybe?

<Denise> well no but I meant like.... maybe they wont' need to smuggle so much or something...

<Denise> I dunno

<Denise> I guess we'll see

<Denise> I mean, they wanted him up in there or he wouldn'ta done it.... I think

  • Enver nods

<Denise> anyway, its swell that they wanna get you to help with stuff :3

<Denise> an like... then what you told da is even right :V

  • Enver sents Daisy ahead to scout some iffy looking ground.

<Enver> yeah.. :3

<Enver> an' I can't believe our wedding's only like... a month away. well a little more'n a month, but not much more.

<Denise> yeah :3

<Denise> I'm real excited for it still

<Enver> me too

  • Enver squeezes your hand
  • Denise smiles and will pull him over for a quick kiss

<Enver> mm :)

<Enver> what do you wanna do about where we're gonna live? I'm sure if we wanted, they'd find room for us here. but I dunno if that's what you want... livin' in the palace?

<Denise> um...

<Denise> I don't know, I guess

<Denise> I been thinkin' about it some but like...

<Denise> on the one hand it'd be good for work stuff, maybe for both of us?

<Denise> But it'd be real far from home :/

  • Enver nods

<Denise> an maybe I just gotta.... accept that, maybe :/

<Denise> Like, home is always gonna be *home* but I dot *gotta* stay in the shambles or whatever

<Enver> well ... that house we looked at before, that's still there too. We could go for that, an' see how it goes. If we decide in a year or two it ain't workin' out, we could always change our minds.

<Denise> okay...

<Denise> is that what you wanna do?

<Enver> well...

<Enver> I figure, right when we're first married, it'd be nice to have our own place.

  • Enver is blushing in the low light.

<Enver> so like... we ain't gotta worry about nothin' :)

  • Denise smiles

<Denise> OKay

<Denise> I liek that too

<Denise> Let's stick with our plan for now then :3

<Enver> okay :)

<Enver> prolly if we asked, Ander'd say they can have a room for us here, too - so like if we gotta work late or somethin', there's space, but we don't gotta live there all the time.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> that's a good idea too

<Enver> I mean.. he just wants to look out for us. I think as long as we're happy, he'll be happy with what we decide.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> yeah, he's a good boss :3

  • Enver nods
  • Denise peeks to see how Daisy is doing

<Enver> he's been comin' on some of these explorin' trips too, him an' Ralf.

<Enver> it's nice they wanna know what's down under here :)

<Denise> oh yeah? I bet he thinks that's great

<Denise> well, I mean of course he does!

<Enver> oh yeah - but he's pretty busy so he can't come every day.

<Denise> Who wouldn't :o

  • Enver proceeds ahead since Daisy seems to indicate things are stable up ahead.
  • Enver shrugs

<Enver> well I dunno, I guess there's a lot of emperors who ain't cared about it much, or this all woulda been blocked off ;)

<Denise> Maybe, else we're gonna find somethin' reaaaaaal interestin :V

  • Enver grins at that

<Enver> like secret treasure? or secret sex dungeons? ;p

  • Denise chuckles

<Denise> sex dungeons aren't treasure? >:D

<Enver> someone else's used sex dungeon's a bit weird ;)

<Denise> well, okay

  • Enver 's route through this passage ends at a door, which he crouches to examine the lock on, and then dismantle as needed ;)

<Enver> speaking of...

  • Denise comes over in case there's anything dangerous in the other side
  • Denise will listen

<Denise> (and sniff the air)

<Enver> (you can roll for Scent and Perception)

<Lan-phone> !roll 1d20+12

  • Denise rolls for Lan-phone: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 30 ].

<Denise> (Scent)

<Lan-phone> !roll 1d20+13

  • Denise rolls for Lan-phone: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Denise> (well the nose ha it, if anything does ;p)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can smell some musty scent beyond - it doesn't smell dangerous, but like it's been unopened for a long time.

  • Denise nods to him but will get ready becuse who knows what's back there
  • Enver gets out his tools to open the door, and after some fiddling, manages to do so.
  • Denise will try not to get impatient and just kick it down, so we can maybe close it again later ;p
  • Enver takes a look inside, cautiously, Lady hanging close to him.
  • Denise tries to peek over his shoulder

<Enver> It's an old storeroom I guess... got a trap door in the ceiling goin' somewhere else, like maybe another basement or somethin'. Bunch of old... tapestries? or rugs? rolled up in here.

<Denise> huh

<Denise> that's less fun than I was hopin

  • Enver smiles at that
  • Denise will go in and look at them
  • Denise will try not to sneeze as she peers at them

<Denise> think we could get the trap door up?

<DiablotinNarrator> They are very dusty and somewhat moth-eaten, but look like they were very expensive once - silk and

<DiablotinNarrator> (er, hit enter too soon)

<DiablotinNarrator> silk threads and fine weaving.

<Denise> I bet someone'll wanna see these

<Enver> yeah... I wonder why they got tossed down here.

<Enver> You wanna boost me up to the trapdoor an' see where we come out? :)

<Denise> sure!

<Denise> maybe they have somthin' on them someone didn't like

<Enver> maybe, yeah.

  • Denise can lift him up
  • Enver works on opening the trap door while sitting on your shoulders :3

<Enver> it's locked from the other side.. I'm gonna take off the hinges :p we can put it back later if we gotta...

<Denise> okay

  • Enver does this carefully so as not to drop it on his own head ;)

<Enver> okay... here we go

  • Denise will hold him as steady as she can
  • Enver pulls himself up through the opening, then reaches his hand down to help you up as well.
  • Denise can hop up and pull herself through

<Denise> (I mean, shed take the hand for the initial assist, but really ;)

  • Enver just wants to be gentlemanly ;)

<Enver> Lady, you wait there with Daisy, okay?

  • Enver says to the dog, who sits obediently.

<Denise> so where are we now?

<Denise> some other part of the cellar?

  • Enver looks around
  • Denise also but she trusts his familiarity more than hers

<Enver> yeah... but like, under one of the newer wings - near the kitchens probably? There's a bunch of shelves here with stuff like ... pickles an' jam an' stuff? Man, this place is huge.

<Denise> well they knew to ut a door down an then nver used it, I guess

<Enver> yeah, I dunno. it's hard figurin' out a place that was built an' built over for like a few thousand years.

<Denise> yeah

<Enver> c'mon, let's see if this jam is still any good, we can take some back if it is :)

<Denise> yeah :D

  • Denise will see if there's anything that would make a nice Lady treat too ^-^

<DiablotinNarrator> maybe some dried sausage hanging from a beam ;) too dried out for people but okay for a dog.

Dorien gets a new apprentice

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, did you want to have a chat with your former master and see how knowing someone who's on the Inner Council can help you? ;)

<Dorien> (Lol, well at least to congratulate her, yes ;) )

<Dorien> (If she has the time!)

<Dorien> (I'm sure she is busy)

<Julienne> (she can make some time for a coffee with you, sure ;)

<Dorien> :3

  • Dorien will meet her somewhere along the river, then for coffee.

<Julienne> Dorien, good to see you - how are you doing?

<Dorien> Mada... Julienne... It's good to see you too!

  • Dorien will give her a hug.

<Julienne> Well, it's been quite an eventful few days.

  • Julienne hugs you back.

<Dorien> I can imagine!

<Dorien> I heard the news yesterday.

<Dorien> Secretary of Industry, is it?

<Julienne> It's all a bit of a blur, to be honest.

<Julienne> But yes... that's the title. It's something of an experiment, being a new position.

<Dorien> Well, congratulations

<Julienne> Thank you. I only hope I still have time for a bit of my own work... but I imagine for a while that will be a challenge.

<Dorien> Yes, last we spoke you were doing some very interesting work.

<Dorien> How is that going?

<Julienne> Ah, well - I've had some success in pinning down some of the effects of the fluid, but its nature is so variable, it's hard to ever be sure I've identified them all.

<Julienne> Listen... I know this may seem a bit hard to believe, but I don't think it comes from this world.

  • Julienne says, lowering her voice slightly.

<Dorien> That's... easier to believe than you think, probably.

<Dorien> here do you think it comes from?

<Dorien> Where

<Julienne> if I had to speculate... it might be fey in origin?

  • Dorien nods

<Dorien> I was thinking something along those lines too

<Dorien> There's been a lot of that going around lately, it seems.

  • Julienne nods

<Julienne> Say, I don't know if this would interest you, or if you'd have time for it - I'm sure you're very busy as well...

<Dorien> How much do you have left of the original sample?

  • Dorien raises a curious eyebrow

<Julienne> But, well, with my new position, I doubt I'll have the time to devote myself properly to training Blanca - my apprentice. Do you think you might be interested in taking over her training? She's very bright - a quick learner. I could sweeten the deal with my notes and the remaining samples of the strange fluid :)

<Dorien> I... wow.

<Dorien> Umm... I'm honored you'd want me taking over your work.

<Dorien> What stage of training is she at?

<Julienne> Well, you're my most successful student :)

<Dorien> ...You must have had some really terrible students.

  • Julienne chuckles slightly at that.

<Dorien> Julienne, I owe you so much. Of course I'll take her on. It would be good to have another set of hands around the lab anyway.

<Julienne> She's been training for a couple of years - I think she probably needs at least two or three more, and then perhaps some time at the Castalia, or working, if she wants to continue on.

  • Dorien nods.
  • Julienne smiles with relief

<Dorien> And if I find anything in relation to the fluid you'll be the first to know. We'll share credit for anything I discover.

<Julienne> Thank you so much - I had been worrying over what to do, but I knew I couldn't pass up this opportunity.

<Julienne> It's a relief to know that she'll have an excellent teacher to continue her education.

  • Dorien blushes a bit.

<Dorien> Are you ummm... moving onto the island? Or are you staying where you are for now?

<Julienne> Staying where I am for now. If that proves to be troublesome, I may reconsider after a few months, but I'm not really keen on leaving my home.

<Dorien> I can understand that.

<Julienne> What is your current situation as far as lab space? Is there anything you need that I could help with?

<Dorien> Oh, I have a small space over in the Shade. It's nothing special, but it's really all I can afford right now until business picks up some.

  • Julienne nods

<Julienne> well, if I can help at all, please let me know.

<Dorien> I couldn't impose on you, Julienne, but I appreciate the offer.

<Julienne> Oh please - you're already doing me a favour by taking Blanca on. I'll gladly help if I can.

<Julienne> Well, I'll make arrangements to have the samples and any relevant notes transferred to you, and let Blanca know about the situation.

<Dorien> Well... I guess if you ever see anyone in need of alchemical supplies in your new position, maybe you could point a few of them my way. But honestly, I don't feel right taking any kind of charity. Not after all you've already done for me.

<Julienne> Of course :)

<Dorien> Ok. Whenever you want me to meet her, just let me know. :)

<Dorien> I can show you both around the lab.

<Julienne> I can't thank you enough - I'll be in touch soon, then :)

  • Julienne will give you a hug before she departs.

Aubrienne chats with her aunt Svara, the new Chief Sorceress

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, I imagine your family will have a big dinner to celebrate your aunt's new position :)

<Aubrienne> (Coolio)

<DiablotinNarrator> I think it would also be the first time you've been able to introduce Tits to a lot of your extended relatives :)

  • Aubrienne will be sure to stick close for emotional support :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

  • Titania will manage pretty well, with your support ;)
  • Jean-Faust will also be in attendance, for the first time in a while

<Aubrienne> (Yay! He can spend some time with the sprout. :))

  • Jean-Faust is glad to do so :)
  • Jean-Faust seems to be doing somewhat better, at least at the moment.
  • Aubrienne is definitely glad to see that.

<Svara> So, do I have you to thank for this position? ;)

  • Svara teases you slightly

<Aubrienne> I don't *think* so?

<Aubrienne> See how you like it, and then I'll decide on taking the credit.

  • Svara laughs at that
  • Aubrienne gives you a hug.
  • Svara hugs you back

<Aubrienne> I can't think of anyone better, though.

<Svara> I know it's going to be difficult - it's a lot of responsibility to take on. But I'm excited to have the chance.

<Aubrienne> You must have a lot on your plate, getting up to speed and all.

  • Svara nods

<Aubrienne> Anything I can do to help? I know you've got the Vjestaci and all to back you up, but I don't really have any ulterior motives.

<Aubrienne> All my motives are completely terior.

  • Aubrienne laughs.

<Svara> The librarian - Dozilva - has been very helpful, in terms of learning my way around the office.

<Svara> and... yes, I'm sure there are things you could do to help, if you're interested. I'm having to wrap my head around a lot of things very quickly. Dark tapestries and Irminsuls and bloodforged and I don't know what else, is suddenly all my problem.

<Aubrienne> I'm at least passingly familiar with all those things, yes. >.>

<Svara> Great.

<Svara> Well not great.

<Svara> Terrible?

<Svara> Sorry to hear it?

<Aubrienne> Has Janelle, uh, the Empress set any priorities there? Triage the info, as it were?

  • Aubrienne laughs.

<Aubrienne> It is what it is.

<Aubrienne> Not exactly what I thought my life would be, but I'm fine being an entertainer with a sideline in derring-do.

<Svara> we're supposed to be having a meeting tomorrow morning, at which I expect there will be some ... priority-setting.

<Aubrienne> Ah.

<Aubrienne> I guess let me know?

<Aubrienne> Unless you want some company? I don't know how top secret all that is.

<Svara> Ah... I feel like you probably know most of the top secret parts already, it sounds like?

<Svara> Possibly more than I do.

<Aubrienne> Well, like I said, I'm happy to join. Things are busy, but, I guess they're pretty much going to be for the foreseeable future. I can make time for my favorite aunt. :)

<Aubrienne> <fake whisper> Don't tell the others.

  • Svara chuckles

<Svara> Your assistance would be appreciated, if you have time. At least you can wander around the palace library and ogle the books, if for whatever reason the Empress doesn't want you in the meeting.

<Aubrienne> Can do!

<Svara> and at least Lord Silveira isn't going too far away, if I need to consult with him. He's been quite helpful so far.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, he's been nice every time I've met him.

<Aubrienne> Really, most everyone from the palace.

<Aubrienne> He and Dozilva were witnesses for me and Titania. :)

  • Svara smiles at that

<Svara> I know it's going to be a huge adjustment, and there are some in the Vjestaci who aren't pleased about it, but we'll deal with that as we go, I guess.

<Aubrienne> Why aren't they pleased?

<Svara> oh, well, as I'm sure you can imagine, there are SOME people who think it should have been them. And then there are others who think I'm selling out by joining "the Empire", like that isn't where they live and work every day.

<Aubrienne> Isn't this the sort of thing they like? Hand on the wheel and all that?

<Svara> Integration is capitulation, and all that ;p

<Aubrienne> It can't be bad for our people to have the throne, and the Chief Sorceress, etc.

<Aubrienne> Ugh.

<Aubrienne> We can be us *and* actually participate.

<Svara> I agree, and I think it will be good for our people as a whole, but they're wary.

  • Svara shrugs

<Svara> Maybe in ten or twenty years, when they find we haven't all been either assimilated or killed, they'll come around, but I won't hold my breath.

  • Aubrienne sighs.

<Aubrienne> And, hopefully, there'll be a whole new generation of Vjestaci that's not so afraid of...everything.

<Svara> I understand why they are... but it's holding us back.

<Aubrienne> I get where they're coming from - I come from there, too - but we can't let it cripple us. The only way we can make things better for ourselves is by getting involved.

  • Svara nods

<Aubrienne> Ugh, I'm preaching to the choir here, I know.

<Aubrienne> Sorry.

<Svara> It's all right.

  • Svara pats you on the shoulder.

<Svara> It's normal to be scared when you first come out into the spotlight. But we've been out here for decades. Time to shine :)

<Aubrienne> Sounds like maybe you should try my line of work.

  • Svara smiles at that

Hugo has a midlife crisis but uncle Loick is willing to help

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, Loick has more than the usual spare time at the moment, for some reason, and you can meet up with him for lunch.

  • Hugonel will be wearing the new black-edged navy blue scarf he bought as a present to himself for defeating his alter ego. Also some other clothes.

<Hugonel> (where are we meeting, a restaurant?)

<Loick> (yes, a nice expensive place ;)

  • Loick gets us a table near the window because he can still command that much respect and attention at least

<Hugonel> Hello, Uncle. How have you been?

<Loick> Oh... well enough, I suppose. For someone who's been *cast out onto the street* like yesterday's newspaper.

  • Loick says with a smile so you know he's being melodramatic on purpose
  • Hugonel laughs

<Hugonel> Yes, to the poorhouse with you now, scoundrel!

<Loick> It's been all right. Strange, but not unwelcome.

<Hugonel> Almost your whole adult life has been spent in public service. I can only imagine.

  • Loick nods

<Hugonel> I'm sure that Ms. Badic, who I don't know particularly, will need your expertise from time to time.

<Loick> She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I'm sure once she gets up to speed she'll be fine. But I did agree to provide assistance if she should request it.

<Hugonel> Do you know where you rank, in terms of the length of your tenure, among Chief Sorcerers?

<Loick> Ah... surely I am at the top of any ranking of Chief Sorcerers, from duration to attractiveness ;p

<Hugonel> Your duration has been praised by many, I'm sure.

<Loick> Certainly.

<Hugonel> So what now?

<Loick> It's just odd to wake up in the morning and not have a crisis to deal with. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> There must be some sort of ... transition? You were heavily involved in many weighty matters.

  • Loick nods

<Loick> I've met with my successor several times already, and I'm sure we'll continue to consult on various matters as needed.

<Loick> Meanwhile Madelen is putting the pressure on for us to take a vacation, which is... not unappealing, I'll admit. She's been very tolerant of my absences for many years. I think we've earned a little time to ourselves.

<Hugonel> And I suppose it's not like our family has been kicked out entirely. Lienor is a solid choice.

<Loick> Yes, she'll do wonderfully, I think :)

  • Loick beams with pride at his daughter's appointment.

<Hugonel> The Imperial succession, at least, seems to have been resolved to most everyone's satisfaction, excluding the usual disappointments, of course.

<Loick> yes, well, nothing ever pleases everyone, but I think it's settling down. THere haven't been any more riots in the past few days.

<Hugonel> Well just wait for the entire realm of Andusk to show up at the door with everyone's doubles ... all right, perhaps I exaggerate a bit, but still ... did you know my dream-twin is a vampire?

<Loick> Ah, I must say, that is not something of which I was aware.

  • Loick says with a raised eyebrow

<Loick> Let's not have him over to dinner if and when they arrive :p

<Hugonel> He wasn't all that impressive. Too easily cowed by a clever word. Comes with being too used to getting what you want all the time without having to really try, I suspect.

  • Loick nods

<Loick> Still, no need to invite him to the family reunions, eh?

<Hugonel> Indeed.

<Hugonel> Still, the encounter has had me thinking.

<Loick> Are you all right? It has to be unsettling. At least, so I've heard, about Andusk.

<Loick> please tell me you haven't decided on vampirism as a career choice?

<Hugonel> No, the only thing biting about me is my wit.

<Loick> heh

<Hugonel> I'm fine, really. It's more that ... well, you know once upon a time that was what I wanted most in life, to be, if not the Emperor, then to be someone recognized and powerful and acknowledged for my grand nobility and esteemed lineage and probably feared for my amazing powers.

<Loick> I do recall that, yes.

<Hugonel> But in all that time, really two decades now of adulthood, not to say maturity, mind you, I never really stopped to consider *how* I would serve, merely that someone would simply recognize that that Silveira chap, best give him a job, his uncle's an important man, and whatnot.

  • Loick nods, sipping his drink.

<Hugonel> Very foolish, in that respect, among others. I think for the past decade I've assumed that just 'not being debauched' meant that I was living a good life.

<Loick> Well I suppose it's an improvement over the alternative, but what did you have in mind?

<Hugonel> But not really thinking, what do I want to do, positively, with my life, other than just not being the worst of my lineage. Which, given our lineage, is no great feat.

<Loick> I feel fairly confident you are already not the worst, Hugo.

<Hugonel> Right, sure, but that's a low bar among Silveiras.

<Hugonel> I've spent my whole life talking myself out of situations and not one minute talking myself into anything of value.

<Loick> Well, what did you want to do about it?

<Hugonel> I'm too old to have a real career entertaining - I love the cabaret but I have no real desire to spend the next decades there.

<Hugonel> Perhaps diplomatic service? I've spent my whole life here in the city, I don't know whether I'm cut out for it.

<Hugonel> Do you know of any exotic realms that need an ambassador?

<Loick> hm, it's an interesting idea.

<Loick> If you're right that Andusk is preparing to, ah, join us, perhaps them? ;p But more seriously, there are certainly options - I don't think the fey realm is going away anytime soon, and dealing with them is always risky. Someone who has experience in that regard might be useful.

<Hugonel> I wouldn't want to presume that anyone would consider me a reliable candidate, but I do think I have proven my trustworthiness on several matters of import to the Empire.

<Loick> If you want, I can reach out to some of my contacts and see whether such a role might be possible.

<Hugonel> Well ... yes, that would be fine, I suppose, if it is a matter of a general inquiry. But I don't want to impose on you , and I don't want the Empress to choose me for anything on account of you.

<Loick> More of a general inquiry, to be sure.

<Hugonel> I'd appreciate it.

  • Loick nods and will order us dessert to celebrate ;)

Gen learns that Veronise Calondres may actually be a Good Guy™

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, your extended hours at the farm have so far mostly been more of the same of what you had been doing - just with longer hours.

<DiablotinNarrator> However, today Veronise calls you over to talk to you.

  • Genevriel attends to her promptly.

<Genevriel> Yes, Mme. Calondres?

<Veronise> I wanted to thank you so much for the extra work you've been putting in. I hope it hasn't been too hard on you?

<Genevriel> Not at all.

  • Genevriel thinks working here is easy peasy compared to being in the Red Squadron.

<Veronise> Good, I'm glad to hear it.

<Veronise> Could you assist me today on some other experiments, if you're able to spare a few hours?

<Genevriel> I think so. I'll just have to let my partner know not to expect me home until after dinner. He does worry so.

<Veronise> Of course, by all means.

<Genevriel> Thank you, Mme. Calondres. Did you want me to just finish up what I was working on...?

  • Genevriel glances back at the soil samples on her desk.

<Veronise> Yes, if you can.

<Genevriel> Very well.

  • Genevriel will return to her desk to finish up what she was doing, then return those samples to wherever they are stored, then call Madds to let him know she's been asked to stay late tonight, several hours at least.

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<Genevriel> (I'm assuming we would have put a safety plan in place so he'll know to get help if I don't return home or whatever.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, that's fine)

  • Genevriel will make a silent prayer to the One to guide her, as well, since gods only know what Calondres is about to do with her.
  • Veronise will meet you near the back door of the lab.
  • Genevriel smiles cheerfully.

<Veronise> This way...

  • Veronise says, gesturing for you to accompany her outside.
  • Veronise puts her hood up against the chill late autumn wind.
  • Genevriel nods assent and follows Calondres.
  • Veronise walks with you in the direction of the barn.
  • Genevriel is on alert for any funny business.

<Veronise> Have you ever heard of a zygomind?

  • Veronise asks as you walk.

<Genevriel> Only what's to be found in textbooks. My parents had an extensive library. There wasn't a lot to do but read in Psyra, after the day's chores were done. Why?

<Veronise> Because, that's what we're dealing with in this particular containment facility. It's extremely dangerous.

<Genevriel> Ah, very well. What sort of safety protocols do you have in place? I understand that they have some psionic abilities.

<Genevriel> And what do you hope to learn from raising a zygomind?

  • Veronise nods

<Veronise> How to destroy it.

  • Genevriel asks, the curious scholar. ;)

<Genevriel> That's... very interesting.

<Genevriel> I didn't realize they were common enough to need so much time devoted to researching how to destroy them.

<Veronise> This is only a relatively small specimen - they can grow much larger, and much more powerful. Their spores spread very readily, and as such we are working to ensure it remains thoroughly contained.

<Genevriel> (I am SMing her, if I may... is she serious?)

<Veronise> They aren't, currently, but the fact that there is one - which we managed to gain control of before it could wreak too much havoc - means there could be others.

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+15

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Genevriel> (Ugh, Destiny reroll)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+15

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Genevriel> (Well... I guess I am just clueless with her)

<DiablotinNarrator> I suspect Gen is so suspicious that she is inclined to assume Veronise is lying.

<Genevriel> A... reasonable assumption.

<Veronise> It's even possible they are being deployed as a weapon against us.

<Genevriel> Really? By whom?

<Veronise> Aliens.

<Genevriel> Aliens?

  • Veronise nods seriously
  • Genevriel plays dumb to try to figure out if Calondres' aliens are also Gen's aliens.

<Genevriel> (And if they are, why was Calondres working with one of them...?)

<Genevriel> From... ah... where?

<Veronise> There are inhuman intelligences at work in the outer planes and beyond.

<Genevriel> All right... Do tell, please.

  • Genevriel hopes she sounds sceptical enough.

<Veronise> I'll explain more as we go.

  • Veronise arrives at the door to the barn, and unlocks it.
  • Genevriel is still on the alert, since she doesn't trust Calondres one bit.

<Genevriel> (How big is the barn, anyway? More than 300 feet?)

  • DiablotinNarrator opens up the door and beckons you inside quickly so she can close it again.

<DiablotinNarrator> (ww)

  • Veronise opens up the door and beckons you inside quickly so she can close it again.
  • Genevriel is hesitant to enter if the barn seems smaller than 300 feet.

<Genevriel> How close is the zygomind?

<DiablotinNarrator> (idk, it's like... the size of a barn? I don't know how big a standard barn is off the top of my head ;)

<Veronise> It's within containment, so you can enter safely.

  • Genevriel is clearly torn, since she hasn't been told the safety protocols yet, but doesn't want to piss Calondres off...
  • Genevriel will step inside with another quick prayer to the One.
  • Veronise closes the door behind you, and you can see as your eyes adjust to the brightness inside the shape of a large pale cage-shaped fungus - maybe about 20x20 feet square. It is held within a zone of bright lights, and what looks like electrical fencing.
  • Genevriel doesn't try to hide her nerves at this point; it would be a natural reaction for anyone, whether they're spies or not.

<Veronise> All right - let's proceed, I don't like to spend longer with it than necessary.

  • Veronise offers you a protective mask, to prevent breathing in any stray spores.
  • Veronise will put one on herself as well.
  • Genevriel takes it and puts it on.
  • Veronise will proceed to run a series of tests on the thing with your assistance - she'll let you know what she wants you to do as the tasks go along.
  • Genevriel follows instructions carefully and ever alert.

<Genevriel> (Do the tasks seem to be logical tasks for someone trying to figure out how to destroy lifeforms like this?)

  • Veronise seems basically to be testing different substances to see how the thing reacts - acids, poisons, things like that.

<Genevriel> I assume you've already tried fire?

<Veronise> (they seem plausibly to be intended to cause it harm, anyway?)

  • Genevriel asks in a moment between important tasks.

<Veronise> Mm.. The difficulty is, simply destroying by mundane means will result in a cloud of spores that spreads everywhere.

<Veronise> So, trying to find ways to eliminate it without triggering that reaction.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> What about fungicides? Same problem?

<Veronise> I've tested some, without much success so far. If you have ideas, I'm all ears.

<Genevriel> I know an alchemist who developed some spray that works against certain fungi.

<Genevriel> I'm not sure that he has the volumes needed to try on this thing, though.

<Veronise> Well, if he can create enough, or share the formula so that we can, I'm certainly willing to give it a try.

<Genevriel> I can ask him.

  • Veronise nods

<Genevriel> So... how do you think the aliens mean to use these things?

<Veronise> A mature zygomind can lull entire populations into a dreamscape where they simply lie down and wait to be consumed.

<Genevriel> Or be converted into undead.

  • Veronise nods

<Genevriel> What's the benefit to the aliens? Empty world? Army of undead?

<Veronise> So far this one has been contained, and its growth limited severely by the quantity of food we provide - enough to keep it from starving, but weakened.

  • Genevriel nods, listening.

<Veronise> I'm not certain of their ultimate goals - I imagine an empty world, or at least a substantially depopulated one, would be easier to claim.

<Genevriel> Have you seen any of these aliens?

<Genevriel> What do they look like?

<Veronise> They can look just like anyone else... what their true form is, I don't know.

<Genevriel> Where do they come from? How do you know they're here?

<Veronise> I know they're here because I've encountered them.

<Genevriel> What do they call themselves, do you know?

<Veronise> They call themselves the Cyst.

<Genevriel> Okay.

  • Genevriel takes a deep breath.

<Genevriel> If you're fighting against them, why were you working with one?

  • Veronise glances at you
  • Genevriel is deadly serious.

<Genevriel> (And also ready to take evasive action if needed)

<Veronise> I assume you're referring to Sister Harmony?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> (Can I do another SM on whatever she says in reply, or do my crappy rolls still stand?)

<Veronise> I found a way to allow her to regain temporary control of herself. She visited me to have regular treatments. It wasn't a cure, but it allowed her a little bit of herself again.

<Veronise> (you can roll again)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+15

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 31 ].

<Genevriel> (That's better... Is she obfuscating the truth or is this what she truly believes?)

  • Veronise seems to genuinely believe what she's saying, at least?

<Genevriel> What helped her regain control?

<Veronise> A formula I developed.

<Genevriel> May I see the recipe?

<Veronise> Well, not right this instant, no, but when we return to the lab, yes.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> And what has this farm been providing to the [creepy rest home place]?

<Veronise> Can we discuss this at a time when we're not standing next to a mind-eating fungus?

  • Veronise asks, a bit impatient.
  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Lead us out.

  • Genevriel gestures for Calondres to lead the way.
  • Veronise will finish up her tests and then lead us both through the process of decontamination so we don't spread any spores out into the rest of the world.

<Genevriel> (That's good; speaks in her favour.)

  • Genevriel follows decontamination to the letter.

Solos

Genevriel listens to Veronise's confessions

  • Veronise will head back to her office with you after you leave the barn with the zygomind in it.
  • Genevriel follows her quietly.

<Veronise> I know you probably have questions...

<Genevriel> Yes. But so do you, in all likelihood.

<Genevriel> Who should go first?

<Veronise> You go ahead... I owe you that.

<Genevriel> You said you'd show me the formula that helped Sister Harmony.

<Genevriel> And I also wished to know what this farm has been providing to Lynwood.

  • Veronise nods

<Genevriel> Because *their* work doesn't look particularly ethical to anyone *I* know.

<Veronise> The formula I can provide easily enough. It was still in testing, so I can't vouch for whether it will work perfectly - there may be side effects.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Veronise> To talk about Lynwood is a longer story. It would require going back to the start of my association with Suzetta Claar, back at the beginning of the war.

  • Genevriel shrugs.

<Genevriel> I have time.

<Genevriel> And... you might not be aware... but the Cyst entity has been removed from Sister Harmony.

<Genevriel> She's in care while she recovers.

<Veronise> Yes - I just wanted to warn you that.. these matters are all interconnected. Nothing stands in isolation.

<Veronise> Oh... how?

<Genevriel> I don't know the details, sorry. I think it wasn't very easy on her, though.

  • Veronise nods

<Genevriel> But, if you know more people with Cysts, please let me know because they could be cured, too.

<Veronise> I'll see what I can do.

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Genevriel settles into a chair for what she has been warned is a long story.

<Veronise> But as far as all of this... it began with the war - at least, it did for me. I was recruited almost right out of the Castalia, to work on a military research project. It was exciting... I was young and naive and felt like I was very lucky to be chosen.

  • Genevriel will be searching for hints that she is lying through this whole thing. (Should I roll SM only when I have reason to suspect she IS lying?)

<Veronise> (so that we don't have to roll every sentence, how about you roll now and I can just tell you based on that result if you have reason to think she's lying about something)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+15

  • Xandhil rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 35 ].
  • Lan-werk rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Genevriel> (I hope we're using Xandhil, not Lan-wekr.  ;D)

<Veronise> (heh, sure)

<Genevriel> (Crit failure on one, nat 20 on the other - that is some fun coincidence)

<Veronise> I soon learned that the project was to design and create what would become known as the warforged.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Veronise> It was under the supervision of Suzetta Claar, with another scientist named Clarence Molniere responsible for the mechanical engineering aspects of the design.

<Veronise> The question that was on everyones' minds was how to provide some source of power for the beings.

  • Genevriel listens closely, but is gonna let Veronise do all the talking for now.
  • Genevriel tries a poker face since she knows a little bit about some of this.

<Veronise> To make constructs - even to make something like a golem - is one thing, but we were aiming for something else, something more aware - something that could do more than follow simple orders, but could react to new developments, make plans, work independently of a controller.

<Genevriel> Basically a manufactured person.

<Veronise> Mm... I think if you had asked us then, we would have said no, it wasn't to make people - it was to make smarter tools.

<Veronise> But as things turned out, yes.

<Veronise> We tried a great many things, all of which failed.

<Veronise> Then we heard about a site, a tree, within the war zone, which possessed enormous natural magical energy - a huge, untapped source of primal magic.

<Genevriel> Seda Grove.

<Veronise> Yes.

  • Genevriel withholds judgment.

<Genevriel> (For now.)

<Veronise> Even solely from a strategic point of view, allowing the Psyrenes to control it was a risk we couldn't take - while all our information told us they weren't building warforged, they could have used it to create some other kind of weapon.

<Veronise> At least, that was what the military liaisons we dealt with told us.

<Veronise> Once we gained access to it, we ... drained the power from the tree, using techniques Suzetta had developed.

<Veronise> It was extremely risky - but we managed, somehow.

  • Genevriel can't quite suppress a raised eyebrow.

<Genevriel> Not without some... serious side effects.

  • Veronise nods

<Veronise> There are always casualties in battle... or that's what I told myself.

<Genevriel> Casualties are people with families who love them.

<Genevriel> How did the fire start?

<Veronise> Captain Dyess ordered it set in an effort to keep back the rebels who were holed up within the woods.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Veronise> That power was infused into secure storage containment, and was used to power the warforged. It worked better than I had anticipated.

<Veronise> After that success, we were each given new projects to work on.

<Veronise> Clarence was building new limbs for soldiers injured in battle.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> We've... encountered some of those soldiers. It seems that whatever process was used might also have had some serious side effects.

<Veronise> And Suzetta was engaged in research even I struggled to understand. From what I was able to grasp, it had to do with the fey, and the workings of the planes, and the tree that we had drained - the Irminsul. She was attempting to build an artificial one, I know that much.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> For what purpose, do you know? As a source of more energy?

<Veronise> Maybe in part. But some things that she said made me think she also believed it could be used as a portal.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Is there any chance that she hosts a Cyst entity?

<Veronise> I've considered that.

<Genevriel> And?

<Veronise> It would be an easy excuse. I would like to believe that the woman who was my mentor, who I looked up to, was not acting under her own control when she undertook such plans, or when she took other actions that I find alarming.

<Veronise> But I don't think she is.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Veronise> She might have dealings with them, but I think her decisions are her own.

<Genevriel> So, what have you been providing to her so she can continue her... research?

<Veronise> Lynwood was set up to allow her a ready cover story for ... odd occurrences that might happen as a result of her work. It provided her with access to people exposed to the Irminsul's energy, as well as some who had been part of Clarence's research before that project was terminated.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Veronise> She told me that she needed my help, and that if I didn't, what happened to Clarence could happen to me. I took that as a warning about potentially being defunded, my research shut down... but I don't think that was entirely what she meant.

<Veronise> The letters I'd had from Clarence before his lab closed down were worrying me.

<Genevriel> You have letters? May I see them?

<Veronise> He asked me to burn them once I'd read them, and I did, apart from the last one.

<Genevriel> Well, do you still have that one, at least? And what about these letters had you worried?

<Veronise> I can show you that one.

<Veronise> but I don't have it here - it's at home.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Well, a summary of what had you so worried, then?

<Veronise> Partly, he was concerned about some of the side effects he'd observed in his patients. He had accomplished some amazing things, but there were also unexpected consequences.

<Genevriel> They seem to lose something of themselves.

  • Veronise nods

<Genevriel> On a spiritual, intellectual, and emotional level.

<Genevriel> In addition to the limbs they have lost already.

<Veronise> He was also concerned that the military were pushing for more than he felt was safe. He mentioned once something about a proposal to amputate a patient's uninjured leg in order to make the prosthetics work in unison. One enhanced leg doesn't do much beyond allow the person to walk again, but two... two allows for enhancements beyond the normal human level.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Veronise> And that in some cases, they were taking his patients before he felt they were ready to leave.

<Genevriel> Who is 'they'?

<Genevriel> THe military?

<Veronise> Yes.

<Genevriel> Do you know how high this went in the military?

<Genevriel> Who was funding the research? Who was directing it?

<Veronise> To the Warlord. I don't know if it was specifically her plan, but she certainly knew about it and authorized it, or it wouldn't have happened.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Interestingly, some of the investigations I've been involved in were supported by our late Emperor Marl, so now I have to wonder if he knew about it all along or whether the Warlord was acting of her own volition.

<Genevriel> And, now that you've told me all this, what are you hoping for, for yourself?

<Veronise> I'm hoping that whatever happened to him doesn't happen to me. He told me of a visit from Suzetta just before he disappeared, where she warned him that if he didn't cooperate, there would be trouble. I think he thought she meant ... funding trouble, maybe?

<Veronise> But then, with how things ended at his lab, I don't know. Maybe she was behind that - behind his disappearance.

<Veronise> I feel like I can't trust her anymore - if I ever could. But to back out now, at this point... well. If this place went down the way Clarence's lab went down, it would be disastrous.

<Genevriel> Look, I'm not a guard or in the Hush. But would you be willing to speak with anyone else about this? Possibly even testify in a court about what you've told me?

<Veronise> So I've been cooperating to the extent that I'm able, but...

<Veronise> I was hoping that with a new Warlord in place, that it might be possible to reach some better resolution.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> It might. I happen to be working with some people who are very close to our new Empress and the Church. If you're afraid for your safety, I can probably get some arrangements made for you to be taken into protective custody.

<Veronise> If he isn't already involved with all those sorts... I mean, he's a military officer, so I don't know if I can trust him either.

  • Veronise looks concerned, but nods

<Veronise> I can't just leave the lab, though.

<Genevriel> Well, isn't there anyone you trust to keep things going?

<Veronise> Maybe for a short while.

<Genevriel> Well, how about you get started on making some plans while I make some calls to see if we there's a way for you to dig yourself out of this mess?

<Genevriel> Plans for your temporary lab manager, I mean.

<Veronise> All right. Yes. Thank you.

  • Veronise seems relieved, and concerned.
  • Genevriel will call Argent to see if there's anything that can be done to help Veronise in exchange for her testifying or something.

<Veronise> (okay - obviously I can't do that but you can maybe talk to Terry tomorrow about making those plans :)

<Genevriel> (Yeah. I'll also call Madds to let him know I might be a little later than planned.)

<Veronise> (okay)

  • Genevriel will help Veronise get her backup lab management plan in place and then probably drive her into town to hand her over to Argent...?

<Genevriel> (Depending on how the conversation with Terry goes tomorrow.)

<Veronise> (okay, sounds good)

<Genevriel> (Thanks for the scene! Lots of info here.)

<Veronise> (np :)