Diablotin 3 session 64

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 64 Next

Summary

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

Prologue

Hugo checks how Sirris is doing

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you wanted to go and check in on Sirris and see how he's doing?

<Hugonel> (yes, where would be best to find him?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Either his house or Silvia's house, probably. Fortunately they're next to one another so if he's not at one, you can check the other one.

<Hugonel> (heh)

  • Hugonel will head over there
  • Silvia will answer the door over at Sirris's house.

<Hugonel> Good morning!

<Silvia> Oh, Hugo, good morning.

  • Silvia looks a bit frazzled and tired.

<Hugonel> Ah, I apologize for dropping in so early. It has been a very chaotic couple of weeks for you and your family.

<Silvia> It's all right... what can I do for you?

<Hugonel> I was hoping to speak to Sirris, if he's available.

<Silvia> Ah... well, somewhat. Do you know what's going on?

  • Silvia steps aside to let you in

<Hugonel> What's ... no, what's going on?

<Silvia> Well to be completely honest, I'm not sure. I wasn't around for whatever happened to him, and now his explanations are... not incredibly helpful.

<Silvia> A tree went into him.

<Hugonel> When he took the Irminsul inside of him ... that was what I wanted to check about.

  • Silvia nods

<Hugonel> I was there and ... well, I have been deeply negligent in coming over before now.

<Hugonel> With the imperial succession and other matters and ... well, I don't have to tell you.

<Hugonel> But nevertheless, I am here now and if he is able to see me, I would speak with him.

<Silvia> Don't worry about it. But maybe you can tell me a bit more about what happened. I did get messages from various parties involved, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.

<Hugonel> Certainly. Mme. Neherin called me to say that ... well, her husband was dying. We were concerned that his death might in some way bring about the Irminsul ... in the house? in the city? we couldn't say. So in order to avoid that, we called Sirris.

<Hugonel> When he arrived he took a look at Raimond and we took him outside ... so that if a tree did emerge it didn't destroy your house.

<Silvia> That's... sensible, I suppose.

<Hugonel> And then ... he passed and the tree began to grow, blue-green and glowing, from him. And Sirris just ... took it into him?

  • Silvia rubs her forehead, trying to remain calm.

<Hugonel> He gathered it up, and then ... collapsed onto the ground.

  • Silvia nods

<Hugonel> After that he recovered and went home ... oh, he asked us to call Xandhil to speak to him. So presumably Xan would know some more of the ... technical details?

<Silvia> I have spoken with Xan, yes... the details have been, ah, partially informative.

<Hugonel> Oh?

<Silvia> It matches with my own thoughts on the matter, which is that by having previously been a Guardian of the Arch, he was capable of wielding and directing that power, as the Irminsul is not dissimilar from the Arch, albeit in a more organic form.

<Hugonel> Yes, that makes sense.

<Silvia> I'm not certain he knew that at the time he tried this, but that's another matter entirely... it does seem to have worked and not killed him, but I don't think he can bear this for long.

<Hugonel> So I suppose the question is how we ... dispose of it? Where to put it next? Or destroy it entirely?

  • Silvia nods

<Silvia> If it can be ... extracted from him safely, then perhaps it can be permitted to grow in safer circumstances.

<Hugonel> I will admit that I have no idea how that is to be done ... although Xandhil, or Loick, or perhaps some of our colleagues from the fae, might.

<Silvia> I seem to recall that there was talk of trying to extract it from Raimond, via his dreams? but that his health wouldn't allow it. Sirris at least is healthy, in that regard, so perhaps whatever was being discussed before could be applied to him.

<Hugonel> Yes, that would be good, I think.

<Hugonel> So ... can I see him?

<Silvia> Yes, certainly. He's been in an odd state since I returned - from one extreme to another.

<Hugonel> I understand. I'll be cautious.

  • Silvia will bring you to Sirris's room, and knock gently on the door.

<Silvia> Sirris, Hugo is here to see you.

<Sirris> Hugo! Come in! :D

  • Sirris opens the door, beaming at you

<Hugonel> Hello, Sirris. How are you?

  • Hugonel tries to act as if everything is normal.

<Sirris> Great, never better!

<Hugonel> That's good, good. I'm glad to see you so well, after the last time we spoke.

<Sirris> How are things with you? Good? I really ought to get back to the temple soon, there's so much work to be done there...

  • Sirris moves about the room agitatedly, not really standing still

<Hugonel> Oh yes, what work is there? Anything I can help with?

<Sirris> Oh you know how it is! Always someone who needs advice, or help... working on the community garden, the food donation program, the youth group...

<Sirris> It's never enough... there's never enough time :(

  • Sirris looks down, crestfallen

<Hugonel> Right, right. Say, listen, could I ask to cast a Share Memory spell on you? To share a moment of your memories? I know it is much to ask, but we are still working to understand the Irminsul.

<Sirris> oh... would that help?

<Hugonel> It might.

<Sirris> all right.

  • Hugonel casts Share Memory on Sirris to share the minute at/around when he took the Irminsul into him
  • Sirris 's memory of that is ... let's say extremely fragmented. You get him leaning over Raimond, the blue glow of the Irminsul rushing up to meet him, and then a flood of scattered memories, bits and pieces of green leaves overhead, night skies filled with stars, fire falling from the sky, the ground melting like glass, darkness and an aching sorrow, a cool sip of water...

<Hugonel> Hmm ...

<Sirris> did that help?

  • Sirris asks uncertainly

<Hugonel> Sirris, I know you are stronger than most beings I will ever meet and know. I know that you have endured lengths of unity with the Arch of Am. I do worry that this is more than anyone should bear.

<Sirris> It will be fine!

  • Sirris says overenthusiastically

<Sirris> This can give me another chance, more time, more hope...

<Hugonel> And so it may. And so it may.

<Hugonel> I will think on this, and consult with some texts that may help us understand better what to do.

<Sirris> You see, the problem before was, they went about it the wrong way... this time, maybe we can do it right.

  • Sirris 's speech is just a bit too fast, too manic

<Hugonel> Yes, I see that, I see that.

  • Silvia looks concerned

<Hugonel> I should go now. It's been wonderful to see you. I'll check in next week.

<Sirris> Fine, great, see you later! thanks for coming by!

<Silvia> You see what I mean...

  • Hugonel embraces him warmly, then leaves.
  • Silvia says once you've left the room.

<Hugonel> Yes, I see. I am going to share this information with others. Loick, certainly, Xandhil, who I presume already knows much of it ... some of my colleagues.

  • Silvia nods

<Hugonel> It is possible that this is a temporary condition, until he ... learns how to master it. But just as likely, this is a sign that his control is but temporary.

<Silvia> It's exhausting just keeping up with him right now. He does rest occasionally but even then, he seems agitated in his sleep.

<Hugonel> Have you tried drugs? I know a guy ...

  • Silvia sighs

<Silvia> I'm not drugging my husband, Hugo :p

<Hugonel> Just temporarily. Until we can figure out what is going on, I meant. But I see what you mean.

<Hugonel> It probably is best not to interfere still further with what is, after all, a fragile situation.

  • Silvia nods

<Silvia> That's my concern... if whatever he's doing to keep it under control is disturbed, then I don't know what might happen.

<Hugonel> He is using so many of his resources to keep it in check.

  • Silvia nods

<Silvia> Thank you for coming by... Keep in touch, and I'll let you know if anything changes.

<Hugonel> Very well. If anything changes, please let me know.

<Hugonel> Thank you.

Dorien tries to figure out what is going on with Nedezde

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, on Misery's instructions, you are ordered to friggin' talk to your ex and figure out what's going on ;)

<Dorien> (Yes Ma'am)

  • Dorien will try to talk to pull her aside the day after the last scene.
  • Nedezde looks a bit puzzled as you draw her aside

<Nedezde> Is something the matter?

<Dorien> Maybe. I'm not sure. How's your hand doing?

<Nedezde> Oh.. it's fine. Thank you for your help yesterday.

<Dorien> Any time.

<Dorien> Listen... we need to talk

<Nedezde> I'm sorry I was distracted - I'll try to concentrate on work.

<Dorien> It's fine. Accidents happen. That's not what this is about.

<Nedezde> oh?

  • Nedezde looks mildly apprehensive

<Dorien> I just need to know... are we... are you ok working with me? Around me?

<Nedezde> of course

<Dorien> I know we... left things really weird between us all those years ago. If... if there's something you need to tell me, it's ok. You can say it.

<Dorien> Whatever it is.

<Nedezde> I already explained about why I had to leave so suddenly... I'm sorry that it hurt you.

<Dorien> That's... not what I mean. You don't have to apologize.

<Dorien> I mean... last night...

  • Nedezde has a momentary look of upset pass across her face

<Nedezde> It was nothing.

<Nedezde> I know you're happy now. I'm not here to interfere with that >.>

<Dorien> I know that.

<Dorien> And you're not.

<Dorien> What Misery and I have is... special. And it's amazing. But so was what you and I had.

<Dorien> I still have feelings for you, Neddie. I probably always will. I can't pretend otherwise.

<Nedezde> Dorien... it was for the best that things between us ended when they did. I knew then that it couldn't last, and I was right.

<Dorien> ...oh...

  • Dorien looks a little stunned at that.

<Nedezde> I'm elven, you're human...we're very different. They always warn about this... about falling in love with humans - it always ends badly. I don't know how Misery handles it, to be honest.

<Dorien> Is that you talking or your father?

<Nedezde> If it hurt when we were torn apart after a few months, imagine how it will feel when it's been fifty years.

<Dorien> I see...

<Dorien> I ummm... I'm sorry.

  • Nedezde looks down

<Dorien> I just... I thought... I don't know what I thought.

<Nedezde> When I'm finished with this project, I should leave again. I don't know why I thought I could stay.

<Dorien> So... you don't think there's anything worth salvaging?

<Nedezde> What would it mean, to salvage something? To keep it from being lost for a few years, or a few decades?

<Dorien> That's all life is, Neddie. A few years. A few decades. You can't avoid attacments forever just because it hurts to lose things. I know. I tried.

<Nedezde> It's easy for you to say!

  • Nedezde says more heatedly

<Dorien> Why? Because I'm human? Life is short no matter who you are.

  • Nedezde laughs bitterly at that.

<Nedezde> Yes, I suppose it is - especially if we can't beat these things. Then it'll be very short for all of us.

  • Dorien laughs ironically as well.

<Nedezde> Of course I still have feelings for you too, Dorien. I can't stop that. But I can act appropriately and get my work done and hopefully we'll still have time to worry about this afterwards.

  • Dorien nods.

<Dorien> Ok. But just promise me we will work it out, one way or the other. I don't think I could take it if you just left again.

<Nedezde> .. all right.

<Dorien> I'm... sorry if I make things difficult for you.

<Nedezde> I promise I won't leave again without at least talking to you.

<Dorien> Thank you.

<Nedezde> now... let's get to work.

<Dorien> Right.

  • Dorien smiles
  • Nedezde manages a smile in return
  • Nedezde is now known as Jedrezej

Aubrienne, Jed, and Titania plan a grand reopening of the club

  • Jedrezej is back at home, still a bit shaken up from the attack and from Vera's continued unnatural sleep, but seems to be okay health-wise, Aubrienne.

<Aubrienne> (Well, that's good, and the worry is understandable)

  • Aubrienne is still a good bit worried herself.
  • Aubrienne will make sure he's comfortable and resting.
  • Aubrienne can't cook but will bring takeout. :)

<Jedrezej> Why is it always me who gets stabbed? :P

<Aubrienne> Maybe you're just very stabbable?

<Jedrezej> apparently

<Jedrezej> I signed up to be a magician, not a pincushion :p

<Aubrienne> Well, if acting falls through, you...beat me to it.

  • Titania joins you, coming in from the next room

<Titania> Speaking of which, if I open the club again, will I still have my magicians, or do I need to hire new ones?

<Aubrienne> He didn't get stabbed at the club...this time.

<Aubrienne> Why wouldn't we be coming back?

  • Aubrienne looks at Jed for confirmation that he is indeed coming back.

<Titania> Big acting careers... marrying princesses... I don't know :)

<Titania> I didn't want to assume.

<Aubrienne> I go to all this trouble of seducing the boss and then you think I'm going to quit? ;)

<Jedrezej> As long as you still want to let me have time off to film movies, I'm not going anywhere :)

<Aubrienne> Besides, a lot of them are filmed right here in town. It's not impossible for our big star here to split his time.

<Titania> well, good :)

<Jedrezej> Anyway, what do you mean, "if" you open the club again?

<Aubrienne> Are you really considering not reopening?

<Titania> I don't know... I thought about it. I had a good run, maybe it's better not to try and stretch it out longer.

<Titania> Zola would never forgive me, though.

<Aubrienne> You can't close the Cabaret. It's like a second home.

<Aubrienne> And occasionally invaded, sometimes scary second home. ;)

  • Aubrienne goes to put an arm around Titania and give her a kiss on the cheek.

<Titania> you think people would still come back? I guess I just worry about having a grand reopening and having five people show up.

<Aubrienne> Hey, Zola did want to throw a big show. Maybe we can put together something really spectacular. More spectacular than normal, I mean. ;)

  • Titania smiles at that

<Titania> All right, you convinced me ;)

<Aubrienne> :D

<Aubrienne> (How long has the club been closed at this point?)

<Titania> (that's an excellent question. I forget ;)

<Titania> (maybe 3 weeks?)

<Aubrienne> I guess we'll have to spread the word to everyone.

  • Titania nods

<Aubrienne> And, oh, I'll need to give Serge-Yves a ring so we can work on a new act.

<Aubrienne> Anything I can do to help on your side of things?

<Aubrienne> It's not in my experience, but half your work is mine now, I think. Something like that. :)

<Titania> I guess you could check in with Hugo, make sure he isn't planning to abandon us either?

<Aubrienne> Can do. I can check in on people in general, if you need to handle more logistical things.

<Aubrienne> Jed can help, too.

<Titania> That would be great, if you can.

  • Aubrienne smiles brightly at Jed as she voluntells him.

<Jedrezej> Oh sure, just volunteer me :)

<Aubrienne> Done and done, sir.

<Aubrienne> Besides, you can't just lay on the couch in your convalescence.

<Jedrezej> I suppose.

<Aubrienne> I got shot not too long ago, and you don't see me complaining. ;)

<Jedrezej> that was ... at least a week ago! :p

<Aubrienne> And I'm pretty sure Hettie is a better shot than that guy was at stabbing. :p

<Jedrezej> They're talking about sending people to Andusk to see what's going on, why Vera and her mother haven't come back... I'm worried about her :/ but I also know I'm fully not qualified to go after her.

<Aubrienne> Oh, really? Do you know who they're sending?

<Aubrienne> I might know a few people who are qualified...

<Jedrezej> I think Xandhil Orecalo. I guess he's been there before. But they might be looking for others? Why, who did you have in mind?

<Aubrienne> -_-

<Aubrienne> Me, jerk.

<Jedrezej> oh!

<Jedrezej> well, that's fair.

<Aubrienne> Also, I could probably round up a few people. Denise and Argent are usually up for this sort of thing.

<Jedrezej> Sorry, I'm not used to thinking of you as someone who can solve interplanar problems :p

<Jedrezej> More like "person who ate all of the leftover kebabs and then fell asleep on the couch"

<Aubrienne> I'm not entirely used to it, either, but, I mean, we did go to the First World...several times.

<Aubrienne> Hey, I bought the kebabs.

<Aubrienne> And I was drunk.

<Aubrienne> Both for the buying and the couch sleeping, come to think of it.

  • Titania chuckles

<Aubrienne> You married a classy woman, my dear.

<Titania> I already knew that :3

  • Titania gives you a kiss
  • Aubrienne kisses you back.

<Aubrienne> Hopefully, the Andusk thing shouldn't take too long?

<Aubrienne> I wouldn't want to miss the club opening.

<Titania> Do you want me to drop your name to the folks working on this, then? I mean - the dream plane things, not the re-opening the club issues.

<Aubrienne> If you wouldn't mind.

<Titania> Can do.

<Aubrienne> Jed's plane-hopped to help me recover my loved one. I can't not return the favor.

  • Titania smiles at that

<Titania> all right. As long as you're back to help with the opening, I suppose I can't complain about that :)

  • Aubrienne smiles and gives Titania another kiss on the cheek.

<Aubrienne> You're the tops.

<Aubrienne> When are you thinking of having the grand reopening?

<Titania> well it will probably take at least a week to pull things together.

<Aubrienne> Oh, we should probably shake a leg on letting folks know then, huh?

<Titania> I'm not in a rush - and it might be better to give people a little longer. Maybe ten days?

<Aubrienne> (Where is Serge-Yves living right now?)

<Aubrienne> Makes sense. We really want to make the time to do this right.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think he has a room in a boarding house kind of setup?)

<Aubrienne> (Okay, cool.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (the Home For Gay Sailors or whatever ;)

Genevriel gets to work overtime at the farm, yeehaw

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Gen - you are continuing on with your work at the experimental farm, despite all the other things going on in your life and the rest of the world right now.

<Genevriel> (Gotta help pay rent)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

<DiablotinNarrator> For all that it might be a little bit evil, you do generally enjoy the work you get to do there, at least.

  • Genevriel tries not to think of losing little pieces of her soul each day she comes to work.

<DiablotinNarrator> With the autumn advancing, there's a lot of work to be done outdoors at the moment, doing things like covering plants for the winter, gathering seeds for storage, etc.

<DiablotinNarrator> Keeping an eye on the mysterious barn and so on...

<DiablotinNarrator> Obviously Sister Harmony's visits have ceased, and there's some ... let's call it mild conversation about that among the workers. General gossip seems to be that maybe whatever research she was involved with hasn't panned out and that's why she's stopped coming.

  • Genevriel has nicknamed it the Barnobad. One of the kids who used to bully her was named Barnabas so it sort of is amusing and fitting.

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

  • Genevriel dislikes gossip and is certainly not going to tell them what *she* knows about the situation.

<Genevriel> (Which, aside from "we kidnapped her" is not much, I think?)

<DiablotinNarrator> However, you notice that her driver, the woman with the feathered collar, still shows up, only this time she herself heads in to talk to Mlle. Calondre, rather than waiting outside with the car.

<Genevriel> . o O (Interesting...)

  • Genevriel will try to learn what she can about the potentail Swan Maiden lady. Still no sign of being uncomfortable in the sun, I suppose?

<DiablotinNarrator> No, no sign of that.

<DiablotinNarrator> She's inside for a while - talking in Veronise's office. What would you like to do? You could check out her car while she's inside, or try to eavesdrop on their conversation, or something else if you have another idea.

<Genevriel> (I guess I'll look at her car.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay. You can roll a Perception check to look it over and see if you can notice anything interesting/unusual.

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+9

  • Xandhil rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 27 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you look around/in the car, trying not to be too conspicuous or do anything that might be noticed when she returns.

<DiablotinNarrator> (just thinking about what I should let you know with that roll, sorry it's taking a minute :)

<Genevriel> (Np)

<Genevriel> (If there is hair or a feather... something of hers that she wouldn't miss, and the door is unlocked, I could maybe take it to Aubrienne for scrying)

  • Genevriel doesn't know about Alma's ability to touch stuff. Do any of us know about that?

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think Argent does)

<DiablotinNarrator> You do see something a bit unusual - there are some autumn leaves in the back seat, you don't think they could have simply fallen there from outside. And there's a bit of white downy feather on the front seat. You could reach in through the window and grab a sample of each if you wish.

  • Genevriel will do that, and hope no one sees.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can do so.

<DiablotinNarrator> After maybe half an hour or so, the woman returns and heads towards the car.

<Genevriel> (Is there outdoors work stuff that I can plausibly be doing in the driveway?)

<DiablotinNarrator> She'll get in and drive away, unless you want to do anything further. She doesn't appear to notice you particularly, as you work along the driveway area.

  • Genevriel can't think of what else to do that wouldn't seem terribly out of place, so she isn't going to try anything.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay.

  • Titania is now known as Veronise
  • Veronise seems rather upset after this meeting, and comes out to see how things are proceeding (and maybe clear her head?)
  • Genevriel smiles a pleasant greeting to her.

<Genevriel> Oh, hello Mme. Calondres. How are you today?

  • Veronise musters a smile in return

<Veronise> Oh, I'm all right. How is the work going? Everything on track?

<Genevriel> From my perspective, yes... Is something the matter? You seem a little upset.

<Veronise> Well, there may be some issues with our funding... as the new Empress takes office, things are very up in the air, you know?

<Veronise> I hope that we'll be able to continue our work, but I just can't be sure yet.

<Genevriel> Oh... that's too bad. Is there anything I could do to help?

<Veronise> I might be able to secure other sources of funding if necessary, though. Please don't worry about losing your job or anything!

  • Veronise adds hastily
  • Genevriel hopes she comes off as someone who might be worried about losing her job, since she's got the least seniority.
  • Veronise smiles slightly at that

<Veronise> Well, we just need to show the new Empress and her council that our work here is valuable and worth continuing, I suppose. Anything we can do to help with that is important.

<Genevriel> Of course. Should I focus my efforts on something other than putting everything to bed for the winter?

<Veronise> Would you be willing to put in some extra hours, perhaps, on a special project?

<Genevriel> Um, sure, I guess, if you think I'm the right person for the job.

  • Genevriel plays her new-hire card for all it's worth.
  • Veronise smiles

<Veronise> You've certainly shown your skill and your strong work ethic since starting here. I think you'll be perfect for it.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Genevriel> When would you like me to start?

<Veronise> How about tomorrow? If you can stay after your usual duties are finished, I'll be able to give you an introduction to the project then.

<Genevriel> Should be fine. Thank you, Mme. Calondres.

<Veronise> Wonderful! Thank you for being so willing to step up and help :) Our work here is so close to showing results, and it'll be great to have your assistance as we move into a new phase of the project.

<Genevriel> Thank you for having such confidence in me.

<Veronise> Of course :)

<Genevriel> How late should I plan to stay? Should I pack both a lunch and supper, I mean?

<Veronise> Yes, you should plan on staying for a few extra hours - at least until dark, if that's not a problem for you. If it works out, we can talk about switching your schedule around, if that suits you.

<Veronise> I know you wanted more regular hours when you started here, so I don't want to inconvenience you.

<Genevriel> I'll give it some consideration.

  • Veronise nods
  • Veronise smiles and will head off, then, seeming a little less worried than she was before.
  • Genevriel , however, is rather more worried.
  • Genevriel will need to talk to people including Madds about a safety plan for when things go freakishly south.

Janelle commissions Hettienne to make a dress for her coronation, then Hettienne, Denise, Argent and Nycki arrest Clarence Molniere

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you get a phone call as you and Nycki (and I assume Denise and Argent ;) are getting ready to head off on your hunt for the missing cyborgs.

  • Hettienne will answer it.

<Hettienne> Hullo?

  • Jedrezej is now known as Janelle

<Janelle> Hello, Hettie?

<Hettienne> yeah... who's his?

<Hettienne> (this)

  • Xandhil is now known as Denise
  • Denise is doing some prepatory stretches >.>

<Janelle> It's Janelle Rionet.

<Hettienne> Oh shit! I mean.. Hello, yes, this is she; uh, your majesty...

<Hettienne> . o O (shit)

  • Denise looks over
  • Janelle holds back a laugh and continues on as though you didn't just swear in front of her :)

<Janelle> I'm sure you're very busy, but I was wondering if you would be able to make a dress. Something suitable for a coronation...

<Hettienne> Oh! Oh ah, yes! Of course...!

<Hettienne> ...When is it again?

<Janelle> Two weeks... I know it's very short notice, I apologize for that.

<Hettienne> I can do you some sketches real quick...? ANd uh I'll need... measurements and stuff

  • Hettienne makes grabby hands motions at Denise and mimes writing in a notebook

<Janelle> Oh, certainly! Thank you so much, I appreciate it. And if you need helpers to work on the ... well, anything that would be quicker if you had, say, a half a dozen seamstresses working on it... I'm sure that can be arranged.

  • Denise will find one and oass it over

<Hettienne> That'd be swell!

<Hettienne> Uh, when do you want to... get together?

<Janelle> Wonderful - I can be available tomorrow morning, if that would work for you?

<Hettienne> Sure, yeah! I mean, of course.

<Janelle> Thank you so much.

  • Janelle sounds really happy and relieved that you said yes ;)

<Hettienne> Okay uh, see you then, your majesty

<Janelle> I'm looking forward to it! Thank you again.

<Hettienne> "You're welcome...

<Hettienne> D: D: :o :D

<Nycki> What's up?

<Hettienne> I gotta.. make a dress

<Hettienne> for the Empress...

<Denise> for Janelle? :D :D :D

<Hettienne> ... in TWO WEEKS

<Nycki> oh :o

<Denise> THAT"S SO SWELL!

<Hettienne> holy shit

<Denise> It's gonna be so great!

  • Hettienne flaps her hands

<Nycki> Well, shit... do you have to start right now, or you still got time to go on this little jaunt?

<Nycki> I mean, we oughta be back by tonight, unless somethin' goes real wrong >.>

<Denise> come shoot some dickholes, AUnt Hetie, blow of some steam so's you can focus ^_^

<Hettienne> I think I can yeah...

<Hettienne> I gotta do some drawings for tomorrow morning though

<Nycki> can you draw in the car?

<Hettienne> uhh... maybe>

<Hettienne> I mean it's fine, I just won't sleep

<Hettienne> @_@

<Denise> well you ain't gonna sleep now anyway

  • Denise points out

<Denise> I'll make ya a vat of coffee when we get back

<Hettienne> deal.

<Denise> swell!

<Nycki> All right, ready to get on the road? I got us our directions right here, so hopefully it'll be an easy trip.

<Denise> yup

  • Argent nods

<Hettienne> yeah.. yeah!

<Denise> am i DRIVIN'?

<Denise> (cl, but LOL)

<Nycki> Kids in the back seat, I'm up front, Hettie gets shotgun ;)

<Denise> pffft fiiine :p

<Argent> did you bring a shotgun?

<Denise> I was bettin' Argent woudl just follow n his bike

  • Argent nods in agreement with Denise

<Argent> unless we need to be together for planning and stuff

<Nycki> That's fine if you wanna - maybe good to have two ways to get away, just in case...

<Argent> I'll follow you

<Nycki> Okay, sounds good

  • Nycki wedges her pregnant butt into the driver's seat so we can head off.
  • Denise sprawls in the back
  • Argent staps on his leather bike cap and puts on his goggles

<DiablotinNarrator> You head out of the city, it's a nice fall day for driving at least. The direction you're headed is similar at first to the route to the nursing home, but after a while Nycki takes a turn that heads more northerly from there.

<Nycki> So the tracker I put was in the mess of that fella's arm - what was left of it after you stomped it, Dee.

<Denise> okay

<Nycki> I figured one more bit of metal wouldn't stick out in all the rest of it.

<Denise> so like, if they gave him a new one, maybe we wont know for sure where he's at?

<Nycki> right, well, I hope they'd keep them close together, but it's always possible they took the arm one place an' him another.

  • Nycki follows a road that curves along the edge of a lake

<Nycki> Beech Lake - it's supposed to be along here somewhere. We might wanna stop an' walk the last bit, if we don't want them to notice us comin'.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> makes sense

  • Nycki pulls off to the side of the road, in an area with some bushes and trees that hopefully won't be too obvious unless someone's really looking for the car.

<Nycki> All right, who's up for some HIKING

  • Nycki says, feigning enthusiasm because nature is the worst ;p
  • Denise sighs

<Nycki> (if you want, you can Ratte and make Argent carry you, I'm willing to say he'll do that, cause he's a nice guy ;)

<Denise> okay, I guess >.>

<Denise> (yessss)

<Denise> (ONWARD, NOBLE STEED!)

<DiablotinNarrator> So, heavily laden with rattes, some of which are pregnant rattes and so heavier, Argent will set off into the woods, following Nycki's directions.

  • Denise squeaks and will settle in on top of his head so the pregnant ladies can take the shoulders ^-^

<DiablotinNarrator> You head through the woods, keeping an eye out for anything unusual as you travel. You can all make Perception checks, and rattes can make Scent checks too.

  • Lan-cloud (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) has joined #changeling

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+17

  • Denise rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 28 ].

<Hettienne> (per)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+17

  • Denise rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 24 ].

<Hettienne> (scent)

<Lan-cloud> !roll 1d20+13

  • Denise rolls for Lan-cloud: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 29 ].

<Lan-cloud> !roll 1d20+11

  • Denise rolls for Lan-cloud: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 27 ].

<Denise> (per then scent)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, those are good enough I won't worry about rolling for Nycki or Argent ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> As Argent hikes along, Hettie and Denise pick up on a faint scent like flowers, which is odd for fall. You can also see through some trees whose leaves have mostly fallen, a few tall stones or stone sculptures maybe? it's hard to see from here, but it's something unusual at least.

<Denise> <r> Fey..?

<Hettienne> <r> uuuuuugh

  • Denise will scamper off Argent and go check out a sculpture/standing stone

<Hettienne> <r> don't touch it!!

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Denise, you can approach them. As you draw nearer you can see there are four of them standing in a ... square, I guess, I was going to say circle ;p They're about 12 feet tall, and roughly carved - not natural rock formations, they've been shaped and engraved with designs and symbols.

<DiablotinNarrator> They kind of remind you, in a way, of that rock thing Enver showed you in the undercity once, that he said was supposed to guard if people approached who didn't know the right symbol or whatever.

<Denise> (are any of the symbols familiar?)

<Denise> <r> I've seen something ike this in the undercity....

<Denise> <r>they protect the place if whoever's comin' didn't know the rght symbol...

<DiablotinNarrator> They don't look like the same symbols as on the Ratte one, you don't think, but you're not an expert on those.

<Nycki> <r> some kinda ... portal or teleportation circle or somethin? or defenses? it's a weird place to defend, all in a circle like that.

<Denise> <r> I bet thst just loved brin' brought through here, heh

  • Argent will cast detect magic and attempt to decipher the aura, if there is one
  • Denise will see if she can make any sense of the symbols

<Denise> (They just loved bein' brought through here, *sigh*)

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you can detect magic - there is conjuration and transmutation of moderate to high power here. You also can see, being a human and therefore taller, that each stone carving has a gem embedded near the top, which seems to be the focus point of the magical energy.

  • Argent will point out the gems

<Nycki> <r> We could just leave this thing be for now... in case it's a trap or somethin'. The arm, anyway, is over there, not here.

<Denise> <r> Yeah.... let's leave it.

<Argent> the auras are conjuration and transmutation...

<Argent> doesnt feel trapish unless its summoning or polymorphing things

<Hettienne> <r> I'm gonna make a picture of it

<Hettienne> argent can you make sure ain't nobody here?

<Argent> Nycki, are we close? Nod for yes

  • Nycki shakes her head

<Denise> (He can't understand us as rats I don't think)

<Argent> (not as rats)

<Nycki> <r> if you turn back into a human, tell him it's still half a mile or so

<Hettienne> (dangit)

<Argent> (I know Rat)

<Denise> <r> You're sneaky, you'll be fine :3

<Hettienne> (I will roll to make sure there's no one nearby then, perception and scent)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+17

  • Denise rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 32 ].

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+17

  • Denise rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 21 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> you don't think there's anyone nearby.

<Denise> (it's not just the rat language... it's understanding actual rats :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah, they're communicating in squeaks atm :)

  • Hettienne will shift then
  • Hettienne starts sketching the symbols

<Hettienne> Nycki says it's about a half mile more

  • Hettienne says distractedly as she scribbles
  • Denise will climb back up on Argent
  • Argent will cast Find Quarry with Aigel as the target

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can make a copy of the symbols and then shift back to keep going

  • Hettienne does so

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you don't detect him anywhere within the 20 mile radius of the spell. It could be something is blocking it, or it could be he's just not there.

  • Argent frowns
  • Argent then moves on

<DiablotinNarrator> You move on, leaving the stones behind, and eventually reach a wrought-iron fence that surrounds a house. It's not a huge manor house, but it's very definitely a fancy rich person's house - like a summer cottage or hunting lodge on the lake.

  • Denise wondrs if this is where that other guy was

<Argent> (signs of life, occupants, etc?)

<DiablotinNarrator> The house appears fairly quiet - not like abandoned or anything, for instance there is smoke coming out of the chimney, but definitely not swarming with life either. The curtains are mostly all drawn although it's daylight out, with the exception of one window up on the top floor.

<Denise> <r> I bet this is where they were keepin the guy who made them

<Argent> <w> do we have a plan?

<Denise> <r> Aubrienne say they were holdin' him soewhere. I bet them made him fix'em up :p

<DiablotinNarrator> (top floor meaning second floor, I should add - it's not a giant mansion)

<Hettienne> <r> let's check it out

  • Argent will start to circle the dwelling from the cover of the woods if possible

<Denise> <r> we can go in an see what's al; there. We can get up there easy

<Nycki> <r> we could get through the fence as rats, easy enough

  • Hettienne sniffs the air to see if she can get a scent of AIgel

<Hettienne> <r> yeah

<Denise> <r> I'll tell argent :p

<Denise> <r> You go an we'll be here to back you up if you shout. It's only a ittle place.

  • Denise will hop down into the woods to change back where she has more shelter
  • Nycki will head to the house with Hettie, then? is that the plan?
  • Hettienne will go and have a sniff/look around

<Hettienne> (yeah)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can sniff the air, you pick up wood smoke and damp leaves and so on, but nothing weird here.

  • Denise beckons to Argent so she can fill him in
  • Denise will also tell him her Molniere theory
  • Argent steps back to Denise
  • Nycki scurries to the base of the house and finds a drainpipe to clamber up, waddling along as stealthily as she can
  • Hettienne follows her
  • Nycki makes her way to the window that isn't closed, and will try to peek inside

<DiablotinNarrator> Inside the room is a man working with a pile of metal and gears and springs that are spread out on a table. He looks frustrated and tired as he pokes at the pieces.

<Hettienne> <r> Molniere?

<Nycki> <r> guess so :/

<Hettienne> <r> so they are fixin' him

<DiablotinNarrator> <r> should we go back an' tell the others, I guess?

<DiablotinNarrator> (ww)

<Nycki> <r> should we go back an' tell the others, I guess?

  • Janelle is now known as Molniere

<Hettienne> (r) yeah...

  • Molniere glances over at the rats chirping and squeaking on his windowsill.

<Molniere> ... well that's new. Birds, yes, rats no...

<Hettienne> ..

<Hettienne> <r> can he understand us? O_o

<Nycki> <r> i sure hope note

<Nycki> (not)

  • Molniere gets up and comes over to investigate this odd occurrence

<Hettienne> <r> oh fuck

<Nycki> <r> shit

  • Nycki scrambles to get back down the drainpipe
  • Hettienne scampers away

<DiablotinNarrator> You can hurry away and back to where Argent and Denise are waiting in the trees

  • Hettienne shifts

<Hettienne> It's the mechanic guy

  • Nycki as well

<Denise> Ha, I knew it!

<Denise> Prolly they swap out his arm......

<Nycki> He's got the arm in there I guess, so maybe they got him workin' on fixin it

<Denise> btu we can still bring *him* in, right?

<Denise> Like, we been lookin' for him for a while

<Hettienne> I mean... I guess?

<Hettienne> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

<Denise> maybe he knows where they went

<Denise> an like,..., then he can't fix the arm :p

<Argent> when Aubrienne scryed him, I got the impression he may not be there completely willingly

<Nycki> well, I'm not sure how to get him out... like, yeah, we could bring him in on account of he might know shit, but how do we get him out of there without tellin' everyone that we tracked 'em here?

<Denise> well.... we just say we scired him out better that's all

<Denise> (scryed)

  • Nycki draws herself up

<Denise> plus like prolly this house belong to what's her name

<Argent> Claar

<Denise> so maybe we just figured it out thwe thinky way >.>

<Denise> yeah her

<Nycki> I can just walk up an' knock on the door an' get them to hand him over, I guess.

<Nycki> but it feels wrong doin' it not the sneaky way :p

<Denise> an we can' mak'em!

<Denise> Like I work for the emperor after all :V

<Denise> well like, real direct

<Denise> I know you do to

  • Nycki smirks at that

<Nycki> All right. We got this. Let's go get him.

<Denise> okay

  • Nycki will march up to the front door and knock. A woman who looks like a maid comes to answer the door.

<Maid> Yes?

  • Denise looms
  • Hettienne tries to loom but is tiny
  • Hettienne looks real mean though.
  • Argent chooses not to loom cause we don't want the maid to run away

<Nycki> Ma'am, we're here to see M. Clarence Molniere.

  • Maid seems extremely surprised by this.

<Maid> Who are you? How did you get here?

<Nycki> Under Imperial authority, I'm here to take him for questioning.

<Denise> Uh, an you too.

<Nycki> Now you can bring him down here right now, or we can have trouble. Your call.

  • Maid looks affronted but will comply, grudgingly.

<Molniere> Oh, hello :o

  • Denise keeps an ear out in case there anyone else sneaking out
  • Molniere says affably, if a bit confused, when he's brought down to see you.

<Nycki> M. Molniere?

<Hettienne> OK buddy let's go

<Molniere> That's right... and who might you be?

  • Denise looks at Argent

<Denise> You wanna take a look around?

  • Argent nods to the question

<Nycki> We're the Rat Team.

<Hettienne> squeak squeak motherfuckers

  • Denise tries not to snicker at that

<Molniere> Well... it's very nice to meet you, I'm sure. Where are we going?

<Nycki> We're goin' on a trip to Answer Town.

  • Nycki and Hettie can take them back to the car, while Denise and Argent stay to look around the house.

<Denise> .me will do a quick walkthrough to make sure there's no one else here or anything

  • Denise will do a quick walkthrough to make sure there's no one else here or anything
  • Argent will start a more detailed examination of the place

<DiablotinNarrator> You can walk around and check the place out. There are four bedrooms upstairs - one that was Clarence's, apparently, one that looks like it's used but not currently inhabited (it has some things in it like clothing, hair brush, etc. that seem like it's not just a guest room), and another that's vacant, and one that, when you open it, has an extremely old man lying in bed.

<Denise> oh!

<Denise> oh.....

<Denise> ARGENT!

<Old_Man> hm? Suzie, is that you?

<Denise> uhh, no...

  • Argent hurries to find Denise, drawing his rapier as he goes

<Old_Man> well where is she? are you the new maid?

  • Old_Man appears to not see too well

<Denise> she's... not comin' right now

<Denise> Sorry, most folks here are bein' arrested

<Denise> IS this your house?

<Argent> Denise?

  • Argent calls finally finding her

<Old_Man> Well of course it's my house, who else's house would it be?

<Denise> I thin it's Claaars...dad?

  • Denise says quietly to Argent
  • Argent frowns and sheathes the rapier
  • Argent will look in the room

<DiablotinNarrator> It seems like a nice enough room, although the shades are down so it's fairly dark.

<Denise> How long've you been here, Sir?

<Old_Man> Well, since last night I suppose... where is Meliza, she's supposed to bring my breakfast.

<Argent> Meliza is going to be a running a little late today

<Denise> Its like.... pretty late for breakfast

<Denise> I'll get you something.

  • Argent will step into the room to get a closer look at him
  • Argent will also detect evil
  • Old_Man seems reasonably well cared for, he's decently groomed, wearing a clean night shirt, etc. Probably around 80 or so.
  • Old_Man does not radiate evil.

<Argent> I'm called Argent and your house guest, Molniere, has been taken in for questioning

<Old_Man> Oh yes? what did he do?

<Argent> He is a known associate of an escaped criminal

<Old_Man> Oh, I thought it'd be for making too much racket. But whichever.

  • Denise is going to go down and see if she can find the breakfast that was theoretically enroute

<Argent> I'm going to open some of these curtains, its very dark in here.

<Old_Man> Suit yourself, I won't see it anyway.

  • Argent will open some of the curtains
  • Argent then takes a better look at his eyes

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you can indeed find some oatmeal and a tray with some fruit that was presumably being prepared in the kitchen.

  • Old_Man 's eyes look normal - not clouded or damaged.

<Argent> why wont you see it?

  • Denise shrugs and will bring it upstairs

<Old_Man> Well, because I'm blind. Are you slow, boy?

<Denise> me gives it a sniff in case it's drugged or something

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, it does smell a little odd to you.

<Argent> But your eyes look fine?

<Denise> hmmmm...

  • Denise will scrap it and scavenge something else
  • Denise will look around to see if there is anything in here that looks like it would be used for drugging someone :p

<Old_Man> Oh well then, I guess I'm cured!

  • Old_Man says crankily

<Argent> How long have you been blind?

  • Argent will cast detect magic

<Old_Man> ... three years? or four? the time's a bit of a blur I'm afraid.

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you find a few bottles in the cupboard that don't look like vanilla or lemon extract or anything you recognize as being for baking, at least.

<Denise> :|

<Argent> I can imagine, but looking at this home, couldn't you have paid for a priest to cure you?

<Old_Man> Suzie had one come and try, but it didn't work. Useless bunch, priests.

  • Denise will bring them up with whatever she finds that it not doctored that can serve as cranky old man breakfast :p

<Argent> (no magic I take it?)

<DiablotinNarrator> no magic currently active on him, no

  • Argent will cast detect poison then to see if he is poisoned

<Denise> (Lemme know when I can get back up there)

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you do detect poison on him

<Argent> (I'll try and identify it, DC20 Wis check)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you can put together some of the fruit and some toast, that seems okay - the weird smell was in the porridge.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can roll

<Argent> !roll 1d20+7

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 12 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> nope, no idea

  • Denise will bring that up them with some jam or butter if it seems okay
  • Denise also brings the bottles to show Argent

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah, seems okay

<Denise> I got yer breakfast

<Denise> there's toast an fruit

  • Argent will look at the bottles... I dont have Craft Alchemy, but I do have a heal skill to see if I can figure out what they are
  • Denise looks over at Argen and mouths "and poison"

<Old_Man> Well, you're slower than the old maid, but you'll do I suppose. you'll get the hang of this eventually.

<Denise> un huh >.>

<Denise> YOu on any medicines?

<Old_Man> The doctor has me taking some kind of potion for my heart. That's nonsense, I said, my heart's as strong as an ox. But no, they say I have to have it anyway. And one that helps me sleep. I don't sleep as well as I used to.

<Denise> un huh

<Old_Man> Not least because of that fool Molniere making a racket!

<Denise> do they put it in your food?

<Old_Man> Yes, I suppose they wised up to me spitting it out.

<Argent> !roll 1d20+11

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 30 ].

<Argent> (thats my heal skill roll)

<Old_Man> (are you checking him over, or trying to figure out the poisons?)

<Argent> (figure out the poisons first then ill check him out)

<Argent> (if I can)

<Denise> well.

<Denise> YOu want jam on that toast?

<Denise> I think its raspberry

<Old_Man> yes I want jam, what am I, a prisoner?

<Denise> some people don't like jam

  • Denise makes a face at the old blind dude and will put jam on the toast

<Old_Man> Some people are damn fools.

<Denise> what's yer doctors name?

<DiablotinNarrator> One would be mellow-root, to keep him lethargic or sedated. That could conceivably be a medicine to help him sleep, at least. The other is more obscure, but you think it's hag spit (that's the name of the potion, hopefully not actually made from hag spit...) - it would cause blindness as well as general confusion.

<Argent> yes, who is your doctor?

<Denise> (How long woyld the hag spit last?)

<Argent> (yes good question)

<DiablotinNarrator> It should normally wear off fairly soon, but if he's been being dosed with it for years, it's harder to say.

  • Argent holds the hag spit bottle up to Denise and points at his eyes
  • Denise rolls her eyes and sighs
  • Old_Man doesn't answer for a moment, munching slowly on his toast.

<Old_Man> Dr. Courtin. She's a lady doctor.

  • Old_Man finally says after he swallows
  • Denise looks at Argent.

<Denise> I don't think I know her

<Argent> me neither

<Denise> how long you been seein' her?

  • Old_Man turns and gives you a Look.

<Denise> fer yer doctor -_-

  • Denise makes another face at him

<Old_Man> A few years - since I moved out here, away from the old house. My old doctor was better.

<Denise> who was yer old doctor?

<Old_Man> Dr. Bavard, he'd been my doctor for ages.

<Argent> Id suggest going back to him

<Denise> un huh

<Old_Man> Well I'll get right on that.

<Argent> Do you mind if I give you a quick check over... im not a doctor but I have some skill in field medicin

<Argent> ?

<Old_Man> I suppose so. Just don't poke and prod me too much.

<Argent> I'll try to be as minimally proddy as I can

  • Argent will use heal to check him out

<Argent> !roll 1d20+11

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 14 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> He seems on the thin side, and weakened from not getting out of bed often, but otherwise okay.

<Argent> Ok, so outside of the poisoning that causing your blindness, there doesn't seem to be anything else immediately seriously wrong with you

<Argent> although you should probably get out of bed a little more

<Old_Man> Poisoning? What?

<Argent> yes poisoning

<Denise> prolly a real healer coudl fix that

<Argent> your previous maids have been administering a poison to you that causes blindness

<Old_Man> Well that's just... TYPICAL. BLOODY TYPICAL.

<Denise> typical of who?

<Argent> It should wear off, but you've been affected by it for, what you say, has been years, so I really don't know what long term effects it will have

<Old_Man> MAIDS. you can't trust anyone nowadays, especially servants.

<Denise> I'm pretty sure it weren't their idea

<Old_Man> They do it to steal from me.

  • Old_Man says with great conviction

<Denise> they do it 'cause they;re paid

<Denise> I dont think it's the maids you gotta worry about

<Denise> like

<Denise> any of your doctors shoulda been able to figure it out

<Denise> *if* they were tryin'

<Argent> and priest could have removed the poison as well as trying to cure the blindness

<Argent> I mean your eyes look normal. Its a big clue something is not right

<Old_Man> Well I don't know why you'd lie about this. Unless you're here to rob me as well. Maybe you're in cahoots with them!

<Denise> if we wanted to rob ya.... we'd be takin' your stuff, not bringin' you toast :p

<Old_Man> Lulling me into a false sense of security...

<Denise> but we should go check out Molniere's room

  • Old_Man grumbles
  • Denise says to ARgent
  • Argent nods

<Denise> see if there's a phone, an we can call for pickup or somethin'

<Denise> we can't just leave him here

  • Denise looks back to the old man

<Denise> YOu know Meliza didn't even say you were here.

<Old_Man> I told you you can't trust maids.

<Denise> I guess not :p

<Argent> got it, well be back

<Argent> (further searchy time)

<Argent> <w> a lot of effort to sideline him

<Argent> (to Denise)

<DiablotinNarrator> You head into Molniere's room, there is various machinery and tools scattered about on a work table, along with the usual things you'd expect from a bedroom (bed, wardrobe, wash basin etc.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Under the bed, something skitters on the wood floor.

  • Denise chuckles at the broken pieces of arm

<Denise> heey....

  • Denise will check that out

<Argent> (quick once over, see if there is any correspondence or such)

<DiablotinNarrator> There is a desk with some paperwork, it looks more like notes and diagrams than letters, but you can look through it.

  • Argent will do so

<DiablotinNarrator> Under the bed, Denise, you see something that looks like this: b86c7f479906cdfa2f61f456b9ae9695--guard-dog-drone.jpg

<DiablotinNarrator> It shines its light in your eyes

  • Denise blinks but will try and catch it

<Denise> Get out here you

  • Robospider skitters away from you, back further into the corner
  • Denise wil just lift up the bed :p
  • Robospider makes a squealing sound like metal scraping on metal

<Old_Man> you see, always making a racket

  • Old_Man grumbles from the other room

<Argent> (is it guarding anything or was it just hiding)

<Denise> I ain't gotta hurt you unless you keep makin' that noise.

<Denise> (gonna, but hey whatever)

  • Denise says, in case it understands
  • Robospider quiets down and curls its legs up so it's like a ball
  • Denise will scoop it up
  • Robospider did appear to be sitting on top of a loose floorboard, you see once you pick it up.
  • Denise will shift the bed so she can get at it, and take a look
  • Denise keeps it tucked under her arm

<DiablotinNarrator> In the space beneath the floorboard is a notebook or journal of some kind.

<Denise> oh goody

  • Denise pets the spider-thing
  • Denise will take it

<Robospider> *chitters*

<Denise> Argent, here

  • Argent quits the papers on the desk and checks out the notebook

<DiablotinNarrator> So, looking at the notebook, it seems to start back several years ago, during the war, and details the start of a secret project... If you flip through it, there are a lot of entries about the constructs he's making. One page has a leaf pressed in it that doesn't seem to be from any kind of normal tree. That's near the entries about Seda Grove...

<Argent> This will need time to review

<Argent> we should finish looking around, find some help for Mr Claar and get out of here

<Denise> okay

  • Denise can try and figure out who to call for him....

<Denise> (if there's a phone)

<Denise> (If not she can stay and Argent can go take anything important and send someone else back)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can look around the other room - you presume Claar's, based on the clothing of a middle-aged lady and so on. It does seem inhabited but maybe not in the past few days? The bed is neatly made, etc. But you don't find anything especially weird or incriminating there - maybe she took that with her to wherever she currently is?

<DiablotinNarrator> There is a phone, indeed - you can try calling his old doctor if you want. You know the area where he lived (where the nursing home is) and the doctor's name, so probably the operator can connect you.

<Argent> (good idea)

<DiablotinNarrator> (since it's getting late, we can assume you can phone him, ask him to come pick up a former patient? unless you had anything specific you wanted to tell him beyond that?)

<Argent> (mention the hag's spit but wont supply any explaination as to why he was being poisoned... just say we don't know)

  • Denise is keeping the robospider

<DiablotinNarrator> okay :)

<DiablotinNarrator> are you staying until the doctor arrives, or taking off before that?

<Denise> (up to Argent.... Denise woudl think we shoudl stay)

<Denise> 9But she'll defer)

<Argent> (well stay... I can check him out too to makes sure he isn't shifty)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay. Doctor seems puzzled but non-shifty to you.

<DiablotinNarrator> (once he shows up - which probably takes an hour or so, he has to drive from the other town and get there)

<Denise> (cool)

  • Denise will see if the spider knows any tricks while we kill time ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> hee

<DiablotinNarrator> it can do some basic commands, yeah - like things you'd teach a dog. Sit, roll over, fetch.

<Denise> :3

<Denise> It coudl play with Lady ^-^

<Denise> can you make any sounds that ain't horrible?

  • Robospider makes a little chirp sound

<Denise> :3

<Denise> acceptable

  • Denise will also make sure Nycki gets told about this asasp

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - I'll assume you can connect back up at home after you get back there.

Solos

Hugo approaches Xandhil out of concern for Sirris

<Xandhil> so how's thins working Hugo? Are you going to call the office? Try and track me down at home? Leave a message with my mom? ;p

<Hugonel> (I'll call the office and if you're not there I'll just use Sending ;P)

<Xandhil> (that works - meet where?)

<Xandhil> (Office is maybe easiest)

<Hugonel> (sure)

  • Hugonel heads over to the office at the appointed time

<Hugonel> Ah, M. Orecalo, thank you for agreeing to meet with me.

<Xandhil> Of course - you said it was about Sirris?

<Hugonel> Yes, that's right.

<Hugonel> When did you speak with him most recently?

<Xandhil> Justen and I stayed with him as much as we could until Sylvia was back

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> It's been very chaotic for her recently.

<Xandhil> So I hear, yes

<Xandhil> Have you seen him recently, then?

<Hugonel> Yes, just yesterday, in fact. I contacted you immediately after I left.

  • Xandhil seems concerned

<Xandhil> Hw is he?

<Hugonel> He was in quite a manic state when I spoke to him.

<Hugonel> He insisted that everything was fine but ... quite manic, agitated, nervous.

<Xandhil> yes... It comes and goes, between that and being really desponant

<Hugonel> Right, Silvia mentioned that.

<Hugonel> My question is, do we have any way to know if this is just a temporary state of imbalance, as he gains control of it, or whether this is evidence of losing control, and whether a tree will sprout from his chest any moment now.

<Xandhil> I'm not convinced its either

<Xandhil> Or - well - I think it's more complicated. I don't think he can just... master it, and continue on in this state

<Hugonel> All right ...

<Xandhil> But I think the erratic moods are at least partly a reflection of what he is holding in

<Xandhil> It's primal, fey magic. It is chaotic and erratic, and we're probably luck that this is the worst we're seeing

<Hugonel> Hmm.

<Hugonel> What steps can we take to resolve the situation?

<Hugonel> If we need to get it out of him, we need some place to ... release it?

<Xandhil> yes. And we'd need some way to do that, too. I talked to Sylvia a little about M. Neherin's condition too - he was used to go to the first world, through a dream?

<Hugonel> Yes, that was ... quite an experience.

<Hugonel> It is as if those in this condition are, in some way, portals themselves, not just, as Sirris once was, the guardian of a portal.

  • Xandhil nods. "It's a different relationship, for sure...."

<Hugonel> I wish I knew what was best.

<Hugonel> It feels like we must make a momentous decision, but don't know enough about what the consequences will be.

  • Xandhil looks like he is considering things, but frowns

<Xandhil> We don't really know enough about Irminsuls. I thought they were ment to be the arch, where there was only one per world.... maybe it's one per gate.

<Xandhil> IN that regard, I don't knwo what would happen if we just trued to 'release' it here

<Hugonel> What if we were to release it in the First World?

<Xandhil> hmmm...

<Xandhil> well it might dissapate the magic back into the fabric of the plane.... But it also might do so in a way that's really dangerous to Sirris? I don't really know.

<Xandhil> I know where, in the first world, is the person who made the first Irminsul. I've talked to him before.... but I'm not sure even he woudl have the answers

  • Xandhil sighs

<Xandhil> Also I think I'm supposed to go to Andusk

<Hugonel> ... wait.

<Xandhil> hmm?

<Hugonel> Who is the person who made the first Irminsul?

<Xandhil> Do you remember the man who remained frozen into Eranthis's wall?

<Hugonel> Yes.

<Xandhil> or... I don't know how clear your memoroes of that was. I think you were Eletheni?

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Him.

<Hugonel> Yes, but I remember. I still have a strong bond with her.

<Hugonel> Huh.

<Xandhil> INterestig...

<Hugonel> I can ... sing with her voice, just as my voice, apparently, inspires her?

<Xandhil> Neat.

<Xandhil> anyway. That's why he's improsoned. he created the first Irminsul, and that's how the Kaorti left the first world

<Xandhil> I think it sort of.... tore somethign open that made the plane more acessible in some ways

<Hugonel> Fascinating.

<Xandhil> It is what made death possibe there... it's also where Serpent comes from

<Xandhil> it's... a long story @_@

<Hugonel> I can see why, in some sense, that warrants imprisonment. But it also ... well, my life would be much less rich without his actions.

<Xandhil> but that's the short short version

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> I don't know that most even have any idea why he's there, really.

<Hugonel> Someday I shall have to learn the longer version. This is not the sort of learning I acquired at the Castalia.

<Xandhil> Someday, I'll write a book.

<Hugonel> And also ... you said you are going to Andusk? I take it this is not as a vacation.

<Xandhil> No. I don't know if you heard what happened to Il... Princess Ilphere and Princess Vera

<Xandhil> ?

<Hugonel> (hmm, I don't think I did)

<Hugonel> No, do tell.

<Xandhil> uhh.... well, I am just goign to assume that if you want to find out you can just ask your uncle. But they took off from the funeral banquet to do some kind of dreamwalking ritual, only they haven't woken up. And a particularly dangerous and unpleasant denizen of Andusk took the time to escape here...

<Xandhil> Something happened to weaken the barrier between the worlds.

<Hugonel> Fascinating ... and disturbing. I presume the weakening has something to do with the Dark Tapestry.

<Xandhil> Oh great.... what about it?

  • Hugonel fills you in on all the stuff with that and Hettie's heroic stitching.

<Xandhil> ...huh.

<Xandhil> Well that raises some questions, for sure...

<Hugonel> That was before the funeral, so ... a little earlier, but not much earlier.

  • Xandhil nods

<Hugonel> So you are going there to retrieve them from the dream?

<Xandhil> It's probably close enough, as far as these things go.

<Xandhil> Yes, and to find out what happened. I guess someone else will have to deal with Father Willem.

<Hugonel> Well, at any rate ... I would suggest that you bring to bear any resources you can spare on Sirris. I am available to assist, as needed.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> I'll try and see him before I go.

<Xandhil> He does better when he's distracted >.>

<Xandhil> So it might be worth asking him in more detail abotu....how he feels the connection?

<Hugonel> Yes, I agree.

<Xandhil> okay.

<Xandhil> If I have anything more to add before I leave... I'll try and let you know.

<Hugonel> Thank you, I appreciate it.

<Xandhil> Thanks for contacting me, I'm sorry I don't have any firmer answers.

<Hugonel> It's all right, I appreciate that none of us have firm answers to what seems to be an unending set of problems.

  • Xandhil nods

<Hugonel> Good day, M. Orecalo.

<Xandhil> you as Well, M. Silveira.

Genevriel gets some Personal Protective Equipment from Dorien for use at the experimental farm

  • Genevriel calls Dorien later in the evening of the day she got her 'promotion' such as it is. She sounds a little excited tinged with a touch of panic.

<Dorien> That's... good, right?

<Dorien> Does that mean you have access to restricted areas?

<Genevriel> Well, it's good in a figuring out what they might be up to way, but maybe not so much in a keeping safe from being fed to fungus way.

<Dorien> Riiight.

<Genevriel> I don't know but I think it's a strong possibility.

<Dorien> That's an issue.

<Genevriel> Yes, and if I don't get eaten then I might get replaced with a Cyst. Madds is not especially happy.

<Dorien> I can imagine.

<Dorien> Well, I might have a few things for you then.

<Genevriel> Really? Can I meet you somewhere? It's hard to think with Madds glaring at me.

<Genevriel> And I start tomorrow night, so there isn't a lot of time to come up with contingency plans.

<Dorien> Sure, can you come by the lab?

<Genevriel> Yes. I'll be there ASAP.

<Dorien> Alright, I'll get a few things set up for you

<Genevriel> Thanks, cos. See you soon.

  • Genevriel hangs up and gets a cab to the lab.
  • Genevriel raps the door loudly when she arrives.
  • Dorien will meet you at the door. There is now an actual sign out front

<Dorien> Hey, come on in.

<Genevriel> Nice.

  • Genevriel points up at the sign.

<Genevriel> Thanks.

  • Genevriel steps inside.

<Dorien> Thanks. I thought it might help business if people knew we had one.

<Genevriel> Sounds logical to me.

  • Dorien leads you over to a table with some assorted items on it.
  • Dorien holds up a small glass capsule.
  • Genevriel looks over the unfamiliar items with curiosity.

<Dorien> Ok, these are full of my defoliant spray. If you get into trouble with the fungus just crack them open on it. It should be effective against most plants or fungi

<Dorien> I can't guarantee it will kill it, but it will sure as hell hurt it.

<Genevriel> Even man-sized zygominds?

<Dorien> Theoretically.

  • Dorien shrugs

<Dorien> I wouldn't recommend breathing too much of it in. It's not poisonous to humans... that I know of... but it smells like shit.

<Genevriel> I grew up on a farm. I'm used to the smell of shit.

<Dorien> Suit yourself.

<Genevriel> Thanks for the warning.

  • Dorien picks up a small metal jar and unscrews the lid to reveal a yellowish cream.

<Genevriel> What's that?

  • Genevriel eyes it with some trepidation.

<Dorien> This should let you detect any cysts that are hiding in people. I've field tested it myself and it seems to work. Just rub some of it on your eylids for a few seconds to use it.

<Dorien> There should be enough here for a couple uses.

<Dorien> (I'll let Julie decide exactly how many)

<Genevriel> Wow, that is impressive. How long does it last?

<Dorien> I'm honestly not sure. When I tested it we had to kill the thing before it ran out. At least a couple minutes.

<Genevriel> Okay. I'll keep it in my purse like hand creme.

  • Dorien nods.

<Dorien> And finally... there's this.

  • Dorien picks up a hypodermic needle filled with a bluish liquid.
  • Genevriel raises an eyebrow questioningly.

<Dorien> This stuff is harder to make so I only have one to spare, but it might save your life. It will help to force out a cyst from its host.

<Dorien> It's... not a pleasant process, but it's effective.

<Genevriel> Hmmm... The question is, is it something I'd be able to inject myself with after being possessed, or is it something I should leave with someone who could do it if they see behavioural changes in me?

<Genevriel> I am not sure how much control I'd have if I were possessed, so perhaps the second option is wisest.

<Dorien> I don't honestly know. I have a few more for emergencies, though. I would keep it on you in case you need to use it on someone else.

<Genevriel> All right...

<Dorien> Or in case you manage to have enough self control after getting posessed.

<Dorien> Are you sure you want to do this?

<Genevriel> No, but who else is in a position to do it?

<Dorien> :/

<Genevriel> I have a couple of things, as well...

<Dorien> Oh?

<Genevriel> Sister Harmony is no longer coming to the farm, of course, but her driver is.

<Dorien> The swan lady?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Dorien> Interesting

<Genevriel> She's been meeting with Mme Calondres.

<Dorien> Do you know what about?

<Genevriel> I'd hoped to get a few of us together tonight, but you're the only person I could get ahold of... I don't know when I might have the chance to see Aubrienne or Argent now, since I'll be working long days for the forseeable future.

<Genevriel> But, I managed to get a feather and some leaves from her car... I was hoping several of you together might be able to figure out what she is for sure, using scrying or something.

<Genevriel> I don't know what they discuss, no, but Mme Calondres was concerned about losing funding under the new Empress, after her meeting with the swan woman today.

<Genevriel> And that's what precipitated my 'promotion'.

<Dorien> Just one feather? I could run some tests, but it might destroy it. We should probably let the spellcasters have a crack at it first.

<Genevriel> She wants to get 'the project' ready to show in order to secure more funding.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Dorien> That sounds ominous.

<Genevriel> Do you think you could get it to them?

<Genevriel> The feather and the leaves, I mean?

<Dorien> I'll try. Aubrienne has been pretty busy since her wedding, but I can probably get hold of her and Hugo.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Argent should probably be brought in on this as well.

<Dorien> yeah

<Dorien> Him I can get easier

  • Genevriel passes you the feathers and a couple of autumn leaves.
  • Dorien looks at them curiously

<Dorien> Interesting

<Genevriel> The leaves were inside the car, not likely to have been put there by accident.

<Genevriel> But the feather will probably yield the most information. Still, best to glean what you can from both types of item, I think.

<Dorien> Curiouser and curiouser...

<Genevriel> Indeed.

<Dorien> Stay safe, ok? And keep your eyes open.

<Genevriel> Thanks, Dod- Dorien.

<Genevriel> You too.

  • Dorien chuckles

<Dorien> If you need anything else, call me.

<Genevriel> I will, thanks.

  • Dorien gives you a hug

<Dorien> Love you, cuz.

<Genevriel> I love you, too.

  • Genevriel hugs back.

<Dorien> ( :3 )

  • Genevriel catches a cab back to her apartment, hoping that Madds will feel a little better about this mission now that she has some tools to give her a bit of an advantage.

Hugo and Xandhil try to help Sirris

<Xandhil> (alright, how are we doing this?)

  • Hugonel will make an appointment to meet you at your office.
  • Xandhil can be made available
  • Hugonel will wear his best 'I'm a serious scholar' scarf just for you

<Xandhil> (hee)

<Hugonel> M. Orecalo, thank you for meeting with me on such short notice.

<Xandhil> M. Silveira - honestly I've barely left since we last spoke @_@

  • Xandhil 's office is stacked with books, from his own shelves and various libraries

<Hugonel> I see ... an important new project?

<Xandhil> More of the same, mostly

<Xandhil> What can I do for you?

<Hugonel> I wanted to speak to you about Sirris.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Is there anything new?

  • Xandhil asks, sounding concerned

<Hugonel> I just wanted to check in, see if you've come up with any new ideas, and whether you thought it was perhaps worth a ... research trip to talk to him?

<Xandhil> I haven't, I'm afraid. But that might be helpful. I can probably help him focus some.

<Hugonel> I think Silvia would be fine with it. As long as we don't make it worse, of course.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> I like to think she trusts me. And that he does.

  • Xandhil says a little dryly.

<Hugonel> One would hope so.

<Xandhil> indeed.

<Xandhil> Did you want to go now?

<Xandhil> I can have Leiris call ahead

<Hugonel> Sure, that would be fine.

  • Xandhil can do that, then, and will have him call a cab as well unless you have a car

<Hugonel> (I probably did drive over, yeah)

<Xandhil> (well then you can drive to Silvia's ;p)

<Curtana> (okay you can go to Sirris' house)

<Curtana> (or Silvia's, whichever ;)

<Xandhil> (wherever he is ;p)

  • Sirris will be at Silvia's house, sure

<Xandhil> (keen)

  • Xandhil knock on the door of whatever room he;s in at the moment

<Xandhil> Sirris?

  • Sirris opens the door

<Sirris> oh Xan! it's good to see you :D

<Xandhil> Hi...

<Hugonel> Hello, Sirris.

<Sirris> and Hugo as well :)

<Hugonel> How are you, my friend?

<Sirris> I'm wonderful, fine, never better! I've been keeping busy.

<Hugonel> Oh, indeed? Anything of general interest?

<Sirris> I've been writing. I have so many thoughts and I just need to get them out of my head, you know?

<Xandhil> writing?

<Xandhil> May I see?

<Sirris> oh well, yes, of course, come in

  • Xandhil is INterested but also Concerned >.>
  • Xandhil steps into the room, mentally bracing himself
  • Sirris has evidently dragged a desk and chair into his room, they fit awkwardly, and it is covered in papers.

<Xandhil> . o O (NOt as bad as it could be)

  • Xandhil slips around to the far side of the dest to a: make space and b: give himself somethig of a physical buffer from Manic Sirris >.>
  • Sirris 's papers seem to be a mishmash of words and drawings, hard to follow, possibly only making sense to him (if that)
  • Hugonel will examine them as well, to see if I see anything notable / curious

<Xandhil> Is it helping?

<Sirris> oh yes, it's very helpful...

<Sirris> (Hugo, there are a lot of drawings of trees, you can see that much at a quick glance)

<Hugonel> It's very ... arboreal.

  • Xandhil will pick up a random sheaf and flip through it

<Sirris> don't they say to write what you know?

<Hugonel> Yes, I suppose so.

<Hugonel> Do you plan to publish it?

  • Xandhil gives a dubious look at that

<Sirris> I wrote about Am.. about my home. Xan, you always said I should write it down, well I'm writing it all down... in case...

<Xandhil> oh...

<Xandhil> :/

<Xandhil> (Is there anything in this that makes sense?)

<Xandhil> (or is it mostly scattered and incoherent?)

<Xandhil> I'd rather focus on a positive outcome.

<Sirris> (bits and pieces, sure - it's coherent for sentences or paragraphs at a time, but it jumps around a lot - one minute he's writing about harvest festivals, then about the Arch, then about the destruction of Am, then about how the tribes organized their hunting and grazing rights, etc.)

<Sirris> (if you had to guess you'd say he's having a hard time focusing)

<Xandhil> (shocking)

<Xandhil> Have you been meditating still?

<Sirris> I try but ... I can't really. I just feel like I can't sit still that long. I need to be doing things.

<Xandhil> has Sylvia tried to help with the meditation?

<Sirris> she tries...

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> I think it's because the tree is Fey magic. It's chaotic.

<Hugonel> Not to mention that there is much more chaos than usual in the boundaries between the realms.

<Sirris> yes I think that's right... it's very difficult to focus... and I don't want to sleep.

<Xandhil> you need to sleep.

<Xandhil> that won't help your focus either

<Xandhil> when was the last time you *did* sleep?

  • Sirris tries to think about that

<Sirris> maybe... two days ago? or three?

  • Xandhil looks deeply concerned
  • Hugonel frowns.

<Xandhil> I know the dreams are bad.... but if you're rested enough to cast then you can take care of them...

<Sirris> oh ... yes, but then I have to get through them first...

<Sirris> and besides, I have so much to do @_@

<Xandhil> you're body can't handle days without sleep.

  • Sirris gives a sort of "I know,I know" wave

<Sirris> that's what Silvia says too

<Hugonel> We'll do whatever we can to help you, Sirris.

<Xandhil> She's right, Sirris.

<Sirris> I just feel like if I just keep going a little longer I'll figure it out... I'll be able to see a way out, to make things better...

<Xandhil> Let us help you.

<Sirris> They did it wrong the last time - they shouldn't have tried to go straight in. But if you can go in sideways, a different way around, then maybe...

<Xandhil> Who?

<Sirris> the priests

<Xandhil> Sirris, No,.

  • Sirris says as if it's self-explanatory

<Xandhil> No.

<Sirris> there are other gates

  • Xandhil can't hide the look of horror

<Hugonel> This isn't worth whatever you hope to get out of this.

<Xandhil> It.... this isn't you.

<Xandhil> YOu know.... YOu know @_@.

  • Sirris looks pained

<Xandhil> YOu need to sleep, put these dangerous thought to rest.

<Sirris> I know, but I can't, and I need to protect it, someone else could use it the wrong way

<Xandhil> ...

<Xandhil> Are you talking about the arch?

<Xandhil> Or the Irminsul?

  • Sirris rubs his head

<Xandhil> Or.... do you knw the difference? @_@

  • Xandhil sighs

<Xandhil> Come sit down with me?

<Sirris> they're gates, they're just other gates... other ways through worlds... outside worlds...

  • Xandhil gestures to the bed, such as it is
  • Sirris comes to sit down, a bit warily
  • Xandhil will sit beside him and take his hand
  • Xandhil will silent/still cast telepathic bond to Hugo though

<Xandhil> there's not 'just' about it, you know that

<Sirris> if I can keep it safe this time then maybe it makes up for last time...

<Xandhil> :This is very very bad

<Xandhil> It's not your job.

<Xandhil> They have other guardians.

<Sirris> but it is! it's in my head

<Hugonel> It can't be there forever.

<Xandhil> he's right

<Sirris> but I don't know where it can go

  • Sirris says, sounding agitated and upset

<Xandhil> We could take you to the first world...

<Xandhil> maybe the energy coluld be disapated there...

<Sirris> maybe... I don't know...

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> It isnt just up to you

<Xandhil> you're not alone

<Hugonel> We're here to help you with this next step.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> When was the last time you prayed?

  • Sirris has to think about that for a moment

<Sirris> I... I can't remember...

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Will you pray with us?

  • Xandhil glances at HUgo

<Hugonel> Of course.

  • Xandhil assumes you are down for that, anyway
  • Xandhil looks at Sirris
  • Sirris nods

<Xandhil> okay

  • Xandhil gesturs Hugo over to come join us
  • Hugonel will join you.
  • Xandhil will take hugo's hand to make a little circle
  • Sirris tries to start a prayer but then hesitates, like he can't quite make the words come out

<Xandhil> Okay.

<Xandhil> Let me try.

<Xandhil> Unless you want to?

  • Xandhil looks at Hugo, who is more a 'church goer' type >.>

<Hugonel> Here, Sirris, let me help.

  • Hugonel will lead the prayers as best as he can remember them.
  • Xandhil can fill in some bits, probably, as well
  • Sirris seems to relax a bit as the prayer continues, and as it ends he kind of just... lies down and falls asleep.
  • Xandhil breathes a deeeep sigh of relief
  • Hugonel quietly steps out of the room.
  • Xandhil will get up carefully and try and make him comfortable, then follow Hugo out

<Xandhil> Well.

<Hugonel> Yes, well.

<Hugonel> Obviously this needs some serious attention.

<Xandhil> Yes.

<Xandhil> ....Do you know anything aboutb the destruction of Am?

<Hugonel> Not much, not really. Just fragments.

  • Xandhil nods

<Hugonel> But I take it that what happened to Am, could easily happen here, if this gets out of control?

<Xandhil> The priests tried to use the Arch to enter Heaven

<Xandhil> that's what he was taling about

<Xandhil> Serpent had the city eradicated

<Hugonel> As vengeance? To purify it?

<Xandhil> ...I don't know. Maybe it was more complicated.

<Xandhil> Defnitely partly vengeance

<Xandhil> Maybe because what they were trying was so inhenrently dangerous

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> What should we do now? Who do we tell about this?

<Xandhil> Silvia, to start, Hopefully she can cast the sweet dreams spell and keep him from waking up from a nightmare in an hour

<Xandhil> Otherwise....

  • Hugonel nods.

<Xandhil> I think we need to see what's in there. Which means we need Ilphere, or Vera...

<Hugonel> Right, I suppose that makes sense.

<Hugonel> My colleagues will also surely want to know what's going on here.

<Xandhil> which means we need to get them out whatever is keeping them trapped in the dream they're in now

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Well, we need to deal with Andusk first

<Hugonel> I suppose so

<Xandhil> I don't have any better ideas :|

<Hugonel> All right, then.

<Xandhil> Well, maybe I can call Tristan, and see if he can stay with Sirris. if the prayer helped...

<Hugonel> Yes, that makes sense.

<Xandhil> It was supposed to be Justen and I going to Andusk but, I don't know. This is serious, and it...*might* be easier wth more people.

<Xandhil> It is a dangerous place, though.

<Hugonel> I understand. Honestly I don't know what's best. I've had enough planar travel for the moment, truth be told.

<Hugonel> But if that's what's needed, I'll go.

<Xandhil> okay.

<Hugonel> I should go now. But do call me if anything is needed urgently.

<Xandhil> I will, and thank you for bringing me out here.

<Hugonel> Thank you, M. Orecalo.

  • Xandhil will go talk to Silvia about whether she can help Sirris sleep peacefully and try not to get into 'wft how did you let it get that bad' >.>