Diablotin 3 session 63

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 63 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: October 29, 2017
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<Argent> Time since last game?

<DiablotinNarrator> picking up the next day

<DiablotinNarrator> well, probably the next night, but... no more than that :)

<DiablotinNarrator> So - by early evening of the day we left off on, news will be getting out that Revelyne Fourre has failed the test of the Arch (reasons unspecified as of yet) and that Janelle Rionet is being put forward as the next candidate.

<DiablotinNarrator> (just in case anyone is wondering what they have or haven't heard about that yet)

<DiablotinNarrator> This, understandably, causes considerable consternation. There are a lot of wild rumours about what happened to Revelyne, some people are angry, some are relieved, and generally it's a stressful situation.

Gen helps Lathra catch Rat!Jed

<DiablotinNarrator> In the midst of this, Gen, you get a phone call from Lathra. Probably about 9pm or so that night.

<Genevriel> Hello, Lathra?

<Lathra> Yes, hello! I was wondering if you might be able to assist with a little bit of a situation.

<Genevriel> Probably... what type of situation?

<Lathra> Well, earlier today, Jed - you know, Aubrienne's lovely assistant? - got himself a teensy bit stabbed.

<Genevriel> Okay. Are you having trouble healing him?

  • Genevriel is perplexed since Lathra is a healer, too.

<Lathra> No, that's all right - I patched him up and he seemed just fine. He ate some dinner and things seemed to be going well. I wanted to keep an eye on him just in case there was any poison or so on that took effect later, you know?

<Genevriel> Yes, of course.

<Genevriel> So what would you like me to help with?

<Lathra> The slight difficulty - a very minor complication really - is that he's disappeared...

<Genevriel> Lathra, at risk of sounding quite rude, can you please just cut to the chase?

<Lathra> I mean he went to lie down and now he isn't there anymore and I can't find him!

<Genevriel> I can try a Sending... but I don't have any magical tracking abilities.

  • Genevriel is quite confused as to what Lathra is hoping she can do.

<Genevriel> Would you like me to try that?

<Lathra> That might be a start - perhaps if he's just wandered off, he can tell you where he is.

<Genevriel> All right. Give me a few minutes. I'll call you back straight away.

<Lathra> Thank you, dear!

<Genevriel> Talk soon.

  • Genevriel hangs up and casts Sending on Jed.

<Genevriel> "Jed, this is Genevriel. Lathra's worried. Where did you go? Do you need help?"

<DiablotinNarrator> The response you get is strange. The thoughts are scattered and frantic, disorganized and unclear. "Hiding, big, have to get out, hide in the dark, go further, find him, go fast so they don't see..."

  • Genevriel calls Lathra back.

<Genevriel> Well, he's alive, but it definitely sounds like he is in trouble. Trying to run or hide from several someones, trying to find someone else.

<Genevriel> He isn't really coherent.

<Genevriel> I can come over.

<Lathra> Yes, please - that's very worrying. I'll try to think of other ways to find him, if he could be in trouble.

  • Genevriel isn't sure how easily she can physically track a person in a city full of people with hard surfaces everywhere, but...
  • Genevriel lets Madds know where she's going and asks him if he wants to come help look for Jed or if he'd rather just stay home.
  • Madds can come if you'd like the company/help.

<Genevriel> Well, you're a hunter like me. Two eyes are better than one, sometimes, for tracking.

<Genevriel> Er, pairs of eyes.

<Madds> Yes, though I'm not the fastest on foot these days. but I'm certainly willing to help.

<Genevriel> Great. Thanks.  :)

  • Genevriel and Madds head over to Lathra's.
  • Lathra welcomes you in, looking concerned

<Lathra> Thank you for coming, I'm really quite puzzled over this!

<Genevriel> You're welcome, Lathra. Madds and I can track and are willing to do it, but I am not sure how successful we can be in a city where there are just so many people and so many hard surfaces.

<Lathra> Well, I'm not sure we're looking for a person anymore...

<Genevriel> Um... you'll have to explain.

  • Lathra will lead you into the bedroom where Jed had apparently been resting.

<DiablotinNarrator> There's a window, but it's closed, so you don't think he is very likely to have gotten out that way. However, Lathra gestures to a hole in the baseboard which looks to have been gnawed there by some small animal.

<Lathra> That wasn't there before

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Okay. Well...

<Genevriel> He's a rat? How does that happen?

<Lathra> That's a very good question!

<Genevriel> No, never mind. Just... are there any ways OUT of the walls?

<Genevriel> Like, in your basement?

<Genevriel> Or the attic?

<Genevriel> Or another room?

<Genevriel> If he's still in your home there's a chance we can find him, but if he gets out... I'm not sure how we'd find one rat in a city.

<Lathra> Maybe in the basement? The only thing I can think of is whether he's perhaps become a lycanthrope - but he was very definitely stabbed, not bitten.

<Genevriel> Plus dogs and cats... and hungry people.

  • Lathra can show you the way to the basement

<Genevriel> All right... let's go check there. Is there any sense in leaving someone here to watch the hole in case he comes back here?

<Madds> I can stay to watch.

<Genevriel> Thanks, Madds.

<Genevriel> Um... do you have any food... that rats would like? Maybe leave some with Madds to lure him out. Jed was scared. I suppose like a rat would be scared of big creatures like us.

  • Genevriel asks Lathra.

<Lathra> Do rats like gin?

<Lathra> Maybe some cheese I suppose?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Cheese is probably better than gin.

  • Lathra gets some cheese to leave by the hole and will accompany you down to the basement to search there.
  • Genevriel looks high and low and in all the places a rat might equate with safety.

<Genevriel> (I wonder if there is such a thing as a live rat trap in this time and place?)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a Perception check for looking around.

<Genevriel> (We could borrow or buy some of those and bait them with cheese for Jed. ;) )

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+9

  • Denise rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 17 ].

<Genevriel> + 2 for one of my feats, so 19

<DiablotinNarrator> You hear some skittering sounds from over behind some wooden crates and can investigate there.

  • Genevriel will make a game plan with Lathra - one of us moves the crates and the other just watches for anything leaving them!
  • Lathra can prepare to grab anything that runs out
  • Genevriel moves the crates, then, gently, so as not to injure a small creature like a rat.

<DiablotinNarrator> You move the crates and find a small, frightened, but also angry as hell looking little black rat.

<Genevriel> He's going to bite me, isn't he.

<Genevriel> Hey little rat-who-may-be-Jed I'm not going to eat you, I promise.

<Lathra> At least you have gloves...

  • Lathra says, wishing she had some

<Genevriel> Kidskin isn't exactly sturdy. Rodents have a powerful bite.

  • Genevriel turns her attention back to the rat.
  • Lathra finds a shoebox and hands it to you

<Genevriel> Seriously, I'm only trying to help.

<Lathra> maybe you can catch him in this...

  • Genevriel tries.

<Genevriel> (what do I roll to try to catch a cornered rat?)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can roll a Dex check I guess.

  • Genevriel will cast Burst of Radiance to maybe give her the advantage of stunning him into immobility, before trying to catch him

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

  • Genevriel then realizes she should have tried Calm Emotions first.
  • Genevriel will cast it afterwards.

<DiablotinNarrator> Well, you are able to stun him and scoop him up in the box. He'll be nice and calm by then.

<Genevriel> Right... This box won't hold him for long. He'll chew through it like nobody's business.

  • Lathra nods

<Lathra> I can find something sturdier

<Genevriel> If you want to keep him contained until we can figure out whether he's actually Jed, and then figure out how to help him, we'll need a metal cage.

<Lathra> Then I need to call Aubrienne...

<Lathra> If I can even reach her - I think she may still be at the palace.

<Genevriel> Let's go up and relieve Madds of rathole watching duty, find a metal cage, call Aubrienne. One of us should stick with this guy until we have a better cage for him.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can do that.

  • Genevriel will also make sure it IS a him... Male rats have enormous balls, so it should be easy to figure out.

Aubrienne helps Lathra return Rat!Jed to his true form

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you're at the palace, still waiting to find out if/when the princesses wake up, and looking after Titania who is still shaken up by everything that's happened. A servant approaches you, politely clearing her throat.

<DiablotinNarrator> "Miss Romilly, there's a telephone call for you," she says.

<DiablotinNarrator> "Miss Romilly, there's a telephone call for you," says the servant.

<Aubrienne> For me?

<Aubrienne> All right...

  • Aubrienne will go to take it.

<Lathra> Oh good, it's you!

  • Lathra says from the other end of the phone

<Lathra> I wasn't sure if they could track you down.

<Aubrienne> Is everything all right, Lathra?

<Aubrienne> Jed's okay?

<Lathra> Oh well, he's ... quite healthy and active.

<Lathra> Also he might be a rat?

<Aubrienne> I'm sorry?

<Aubrienne> He *might* be a *rat*?

<Lathra> Well, he disappeared - I asked Genevriel for some assistance in locating him, so she did a sending. She said he seemed agitated and not like himself. And then we searched around and found a little rat hole, and then we found a little rat. I think it's him.

  • Lathra tries to sum up quickly

<Aubrienne> ...I legitimately don't know what to say to that.

<Aubrienne> I guess I'll be right there?

<Lathra> As soon as you can come over, it would be appreciated! Perhaps you can see some distinguishing features that would let us know whether this is really him...

<Aubrienne> He didn't have a tiny sparkly thong on, did he?

<Aubrienne> See you in a few minutes, Lathra.

<Lathra> no but you know, I didn't look for one... maybe it's around here somewhere...

  • Aubrienne will hang up and go tell Titania where she's going.

<Titania> Do you want me to come with you?

<Titania> or stay and see if Aunt Ilphere or Vera wakes up?

<Aubrienne> I don't think the Jed situation is too terribly dire. I assumed you'd want to stay with your family for the time being, while I go see to mine.

<Aubrienne> But you're welcome to come along if you like, for a break if nothing else.

<Aubrienne> Whatever you prefer, dear.

<Titania> I'll stay here, I guess :/

  • Titania gives you a hug and a kiss

<Titania> You'll be at Lathra's, then? In case I need to get in touch with you.

<Aubrienne> I should be. I'll let you know if that changes.

<Titania> All right.

  • Aubrienne hugs and kisses you back, then teleports to Lathra's.
  • Lathra brings you to see Jed-in-a-box.

<Aubrienne> (Step one: cut a hole in a box)

<DiablotinNarrator> (he can do that himself. well, gnaw. ;)

<Aubrienne> So, he just laid down and then was a rat?

<Aubrienne> So far as you know?

<Lathra> I think so? I wasn't in the room, but I didn't hear anything unusual.

<Aubrienne> All right.

  • Aubrienne will cast Detect Magic on the rat, just to get some sense of what might be going on.

<DiablotinNarrator> (uhh good question. I'll say the rat doesn't radiate magic, it just seems to be a rat.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I had to think about that for a minute ;)

<Aubrienne> (Fair)

  • Aubrienne will carefully pick up the rat, if it seems like that's possible without getting bit.
  • Ratte sniffs at you cautiously and will climb onto your hand. It seems tense and frightened but not aggressive at the moment.

<Aubrienne> Hey little guy.

<Aubrienne> Any chance you're Jed?

  • Ratte 's nose twitches

<Aubrienne> (that probably would have been in SK, come to think of it)

<Aubrienne> Any chance you can understand me?

  • Ratte chirps

<Aubrienne> That seems affirmative-ish.

<Aubrienne> You don't seem to be magical right now, so it doesn't seem like a spell.

<Aubrienne> This is going to sound dumb, but have you tried not being a rat? ;)

  • Ratte tries standing up on its hind legs, then sits back down, possibly in frustration

<Aubrienne> Fair enough.

<Aubrienne> Just a moment.

  • Aubrienne will set Jed-Ratte on the ground
  • Aubrienne will then turn into a rat herself.
  • Ratte comes over to you cautiously

<Ratte> <r> I know you. Who are you?

<Aubrienne> <r> Aubrienne. Are you actually Jed?

<Ratte> <r> I don't know.

<Ratte> <r> I don't remember.

<Aubrienne> <r> Well, crap.

<Aubrienne> <r> Mind magic isn't exactly my strong suit.

<Aubrienne> <r> Try to stay calm. I'll try some things.

  • Aubrienne will shift back to human form.

<Aubrienne> Well, at least he's calmer.

  • Lathra nods

<Aubrienne> And I can communicate with him.

<Lathra> Gen cast a Calm Emotions on him to keep him from getting too upset, I think that helped.

<Lathra> Is it Jed?

<Aubrienne> This probably won't do anything, given the blank on the detect.

<Aubrienne> Ah, that's good.

  • Aubrienne will try a Dispel Magic.

<DiablotinNarrator> (no effect from that)

<Aubrienne> (Kinda figured)

<Aubrienne> Okay, hmm.

<Aubrienne> Knew I should have learned Polymorph.

<Aubrienne> But I imagine I can find someone who knows it. Also maybe some mental magic to see about his memory.

  • Lathra nods

<Aubrienne> (Unless I'm missing something really obvious here :/)

  • Aubrienne will shift back to rat form.

<Aubrienne> <r> I'll see about getting you more help. Are you okay for right now?

<Ratte> <r> I guess so. Maybe some food?

<Aubrienne> <r> Anything in particular?

<Lathra> <r> there was some cheese I think...

<Lathra> (ww)

<Ratte> <r> there was some cheese I think...

<Aubrienne> <r> All right, if you want to play into stereotypes. :p

  • Aubrienne will change back into human form.

<Aubrienne> Lathra, do you happen to have some cheese?

<Lathra> Yes, we had put some out in case it lured him back to the hole... I can get it :)

  • Lathra heads off to find it

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you're pondering the matter of Ratte-Jed when a man steps through the wall in front of you. Or out of the wall? He is dressed in a greyish brown cloak with the hood drawn up but looks like a human of about 30 or so.

  • Aubrienne will start and then grab Ratte-Jed for his own safety

<Unknown_Man> Excuse me. I wouldn't normally intrude like this, but you have a very serious problem on your hands. Or in your hands.

  • Unknown_Man 's voice is a bit hoarse, like he doesn't talk much.

<Aubrienne> I have a very serious problem in my friend's house.

<Aubrienne> Mainly, that you just stepped into it out of nowhere, and I don't know who the fuck you are.

  • Aubrienne will hold up a hand for casting just in case.

<Unknown_Man> And I have a very serious problem in my city. We all have our troubles to face.

<Aubrienne> I'm facing my current one right now.

<Unknown_Man> I don't mean you any harm. But your friend is infected with lycanthropy and unless he's cured promptly, he'll stay that way.

<Aubrienne> Lycanthropy, huh? That's not too difficult, right? There's a cleric in the next room.

  • Unknown_Man nods

<Aubrienne> And, specifically now, who the void are you?

<Aubrienne> (Loudly, to the next room) Lathra, you have another visitor!

<Aubrienne> Unrelatedly, you can cast Remove Curse, right?

<Unknown_Man> I am the guardian of this city. And right now, it's been invaded by a being of great evil. Your friend's curse is only the first of many, unless he can be stopped.

<Lathra> What's that?

  • Lathra calls and steps into the room, and then pauses, staring.

<Aubrienne> This person just stepped out of your wall. You don't happen to know him, do you?

<Aubrienne> (to wall guy) What being? Also, what guardian? Are you allergic to specifics?

<Lathra> we haven't been properly introduced, no.

<Aubrienne> Or just addicted to mystery?

<Unknown_Man> Pardon me - I don't normally talk to ... people. But my name is Seth. And right now I have a serious concern about an invasion from another plane. Have you seen a man with a sword?

<Aubrienne> Not as such, no. Who's the man with the sword?

<Seth> His name is Father Willem, and he's very dangerous.

<Aubrienne> Also, nice to meet you, Seth. I'm Aubrienne. This is Lathra. This is her home into which you are trespassing.

<Aubrienne> Oh, and this is Jed.

  • Seth nods politely

<Aubrienne> (holds up the rat)

<Aubrienne> What's this father Willem doing here in Diablotin?

<Seth> Causing trouble.

<Aubrienne> Apparently.

<Aubrienne> Jed here was stabbed by an invisible assailant. Your Father Willem, I'm assuming?

<Seth> Yes.

<Seth> He has a sword that can change those harmed by it into wererats.

<Seth> He'll target Shadar-kai first. He has a particular hatred for them.

<Aubrienne> Is wererat-dom really that bad?

<Aubrienne> Shapeshifting can be all kinds of useful.

<Aubrienne> Or are they more stuck as a rat?

<Seth> It depends on your point of view. He thinks he's saving them. It affects their minds. It isn't like being a natural shapeshifter. They forget themselves, and become something else.

<Aubrienne> Oh, hmm. That is bad.

<Aubrienne> Am I correct that a Remove Curse should work?

<Seth> I think it should. But if it fails - or even if it succeeds - you may want to talk to the Wastelord about this. There may be others who don't get a cure in time.

<Seth> I will withdraw and leave you to take care of your friend. Good luck.

<Aubrienne> Thanks.

<Aubrienne> Maybe try doors next time.

  • Seth steps back into the wall and melds with it.

<Aubrienne> And knocking.

<Lathra> How odd...

<Aubrienne> I'll say.

<Aubrienne> Do you think he just does that all the time.

<Aubrienne> I'm warding the crap out of the apartment now.

<Lathra> Do I need to put a welcome mat over there?

<Aubrienne> Is he really welcome, though?

<Aubrienne> I don't suppose you randomly happened to prepare Remove Curse today, did you?

<Lathra> Well I don't want to be rude, but really.

<Lathra> I'll see what I can do.

  • Lathra will try to whip up a Remove Curse
  • Jed de-rattes, and sits there looking confused.

<Aubrienne> Jed!

  • Aubrienne hugs him.

<Jed> ... that was something.

  • Jed hugs you back

<Aubrienne> Hey, being a rat isn't so bad. It's usually quite nice.

<Aubrienne> But, I mean, non-consensual ratting, that is bad.

  • Jed is naked, so maybe could get some clothes on if he wants to keep fighting evil today
  • Genevriel and Madds arrive back at Lathra's with the cutest little cage.

<Genevriel> We got the best one we could - oh. Hi Jed, glad to see you are back.

  • Genevriel hides the cage behind her back.

Denise waits for Janelle to come out of the Arch

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, the following day, you get the task of being Ander's bodyguard as he waits for Janelle to go through the Arch.

  • Denise is at least decently rested now :3
  • Ander seems reasonably calm, at least on the surface. Ralf is more nervous.

<Denise> it'll be okay

  • Denise assures them
  • Denise is confident!

<Denise> (has she already gone into seclusion?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes, she went into seclusion yesterday afternoon, there's a 24 hour wait, and now she is going to go through the Arch.

<DiablotinNarrator> The family are brought to wait in a designated room at the temple. Well, probably it's not always a room for "families waiting for people to go through the Arch", but it's a nice sitting room, anyway. Maybe they use it for meetings.

<DiablotinNarrator> Guillame and Portia are also there, and Bright. Immediate family, basically.

<Denise> (and guard I guess ;)

  • Denise is excited but alert, much as she was at the wedding

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> (and .. husband's special friend, apparently ;)

<Denise> (hee)

<Ralf> How long's this supposed to take?

<Denise> It ain't exactly normal time in there, so... I dunno

<Denise> The guardian will know when it's done though >.>

  • Guillame nods in agreement to that
  • Denise is an EXPERT now, clearly ;p

<Guillame> Yes - it could be very quick, or could take a few hours. If it's longer than that... then we'll see.

<Denise> I wonder what's the longer its been...

<Denise> I figure it oughtta be quicker this time' cause there's just one....

<Denise> an, she aint crazy an stupid :p

  • Guillame smiles a little at that

<Guillame> You've been looking into the Arch's history?

  • Guillame asks you curiously

<Denise> um

<Denise> well.

<Denise> I got a friend who was an arch guardian...

<Denise> an my sister's gonne be the next one.:|

<Guillame> Ah... :/

<Denise> wait - like, you'e Channel Sylvia's brther right?

<Denise> An she was an arch guardian....

<Guillame> That's ... very interesting, and fortunate, but still difficult.

  • Guillame nods

<Guillame> Yes. She was, and I am.

<Denise> how did that go? Like.... I done's wanna just... I dunno. Lose her? for all that :/

  • Guillame nods sympathetically.

<Guillame> It wasn't easy. It will affect her - even when you're able to see her, she may not seem like herself, or be distracted.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> Margaux said it's like the arch is always in your head

  • Guillame nods

<Guillame> But your sister is still your sister - this doesn't change that. And it's for a few years, at most.

  • Denise ndos

<Denise> Thats what I keept tryin' to think

<Denise> but like

<Denise> why does the Arch pick people?

<Guillame> Why does it pick who it picks? Or why does it need to pick anyone at all?

  • Denise is sort of worried that this is because of her , or something

<Denise> um...

<Denise> I guess... the first one

<Denise> Like, I guess there's things it needs a person for

  • Guillame nods

<Denise> it can'rt go inside itself and fix things :|

<Denise> >.>

<Guillame> No, and its ability to talk and communicate with people is ... limited, in some respects. Having a voice helps that.

<Guillame> As to why it chooses the people it does, I'm not sure I have a satisfactory answer for that. I think it chooses people who have some affinity for it, who are going to be capable and strong enough to withstand it.

  • Denise nods

<Guillame> There have been some instances of people being chosen whose parents or grandparents had passed through the Arch, or who were otherwise associated with it in some fashion.

<Denise> But like.... it wouldn't pick someone just, like, ;cause it needed *one thing* an then it would just keep them for years an years just 'cause of that...

<Guillame> But that isn't always the case.

  • Denise sighs
  • Guillame looks over at you
  • Denise knows that is not really a question you can answer

<Guillame> I don't know. But I do know that sometimes 'one thing' can be very crucial - one seemingly minor thing can change a great deal.

<Denise> Yeah :/

<Denise> I dunno. I guess nothin' else is fair so why shodl the Arch be.

<Guillame> :/

<Denise> 'cept it is gonna pick Janelle, so that's good

<Guillame> well, I do hope so...

<Guillame> I am sorry that you need to go through this, and for your sister's sake as well.

<Guillame> But - if she's anything like Silvia, then she'll come through it stronger than ever, and whatever she does when she's finished, she'll be remarkable.

<Denise> we'll figure it out.

<Denise> she already is :3

  • Guillame nods

<Guillame> I'm sure she is.

<DiablotinNarrator> You wait for a while longer - a priest brings you sandwiches. They're nice sandwiches at least.

<Denise> (A priest eh... >.>)

  • Denise sniffs them >.>

<Lan-cloud> !roll 1d20+11

  • Denise rolls for Lan-cloud: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 16 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> They seem okay to you.

<Denise> (well if they are poisoned I probably won't know :p)

  • Denise will test one first?

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can do so

<DiablotinNarrator> It tastes fine - maybe very slightly stale, but nothing bad.

  • Denise shrugs and will eat another one :3

<Ander> Seem okay, Dee?

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> I thinkthey're from yesterday :p

<Ander> Ah well, I guess they had leftovers ;p

<Denise> mmhmmp

  • Ander will chance it, he's hungry ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> You wait a little longer. Nobody dies of poisoning.

<Denise> (whew. I mean... day old mayo and all ;p)

<DiablotinNarrator> (they threw out the egg salad...)

<DiablotinNarrator> Finally, the Patriarch comes into the room. He looks tired, and old, but he smiles.

  • Denise stands up straight and waits expectantly

<Patriarch Velten> I am honoured, and humbled, to present to you... Empress Janelle Rionet.

<Denise> :D

<Denise> Yess!

  • Janelle steps into the room, looking also tired but happy
  • Ander grins and hugs her, and then will step aside so her father can do the same.

<Ander> I knew you'd do great :)

<Janelle> well, I'm very glad that's over with.

<Denise> See, I said :3

<Denise> what was it like? :o

<Janelle> Overwhelming. Also confusing and more than a little worrying. But it's over with and apparently I did acceptably well.

  • Denise nods

<Guillame> Thank the gods you're all right.

<Janelle> I think I have plenty of people to thank for that, yes.

  • Janelle says with a slight glance at Denise

<Denise> >.>

  • Janelle will step over and give you a hug as well
  • Denise hugs her back

<Denise> I'm real glad you're okay an' you're our Empress.... Our fir-er, second Rat empress :3

  • Janelle smiles

<Janelle> Thank you. I'm not sure I can live up to her, but I'll do my best.

<Denise> you

<Denise> will be great :3

<Janelle> I'll have a lot of help.

  • Janelle leans over to hug Ander again.

<Ander> Yeah, wow... what do we gotta do next?

<Denise> gosh boss, you're like... Emperor now :o

<Ander> uh, well, consort, yeah. I guess I am.

<Guillame> Next step is to announce it to the public, and you'll make an appearance - just to wave, you don't need to make a speech at this point. Then the coronation will be in a few days' time.

<Guillame> At that point you will officially be Empress, although they'll start moving your things into the palace immediately.

<Janelle> And then after that, you can take a vacation? :)

  • Janelle says to her father with a smile

<Guillame> I already have it booked...

<Denise> gosh...

<Ander> In between that, we oughta do some kinda speech, though? on the radio maybe, so's more folks can hear it?

  • Janelle nods

<Janelle> Yes, that would be a good plan, I think.

  • Denise tries not to vibrate too much with excitement

Argent tells Margaux about what happened

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Argent - should I assume you're home? It would be about a day or so after your lunch with Denise and all of that. If there are things you'd be doing in that time, let me know.

  • Argent needs to rest and to think

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you're home and have had a chance to rest and think. I assume Dorien is busy elsewhere, so you have some quiet at least.

  • Margaux comes in, looking tired and worn out
  • Argent will stand and give her a welcoming hug
  • Margaux just leans against you, too tired to really even hug back.

<Argent> your here, so things are settled at the Arch

  • Argent helps her to a place to sit

<Margaux> yes... I hope so, anyway.

<Argent> can I get you anything?

<Margaux> something to drink would be nice

<Argent> hot? Cold? Hard?

<Margaux> cold for now - maybe later for those other ones :)

  • Argent will scrounge to see what he might have on hand
  • Margaux curls up on the couch and accepts whatever you have gladly

<Argent> Do you want to talk about it... or just get some rest?

  • Argent says when he returns and sits next to her

<Margaux> I want to talk about what happened. I ... as far as I know, that's never happened before. The Arch calling people, even people who aren't guardians yet, to do something.

<Argent> considering what was happening I'm glad it did

<Margaux> I agree it's better than the alternative...

<Argent> and It wasn't the Arch itself that called me

<Margaux> no?

<Argent> it was Katha, my mother

<Margaux> oh... hmm.

<Margaux> did you get to talk to her?

  • Argent nods

<Argent> briefly... I still have questions for her

<Argent> I didn't have much time to talk

<Margaux> I'm sure.

  • Margaux leans against you, taking your hand.

<Argent> have you seen it... the space between realms... a field of stars?

  • Margaux nods

<Margaux> Yes. It doesn't always look like that, but ... yes.

<Margaux> I know what you had to do... does it bother you?

<Argent> The deed doesn't bother me. It was just for what was being done...

<Argent> It bothers me that she was so afraid and angry that she could be tricked so badly

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> I know the Cyste have purposely manipulated the Church to drive such an extreme action

<Argent> but that they fell for it... so blindly...

  • Argent closes his eyes

<Margaux> :/

<Argent> I was angry at first, no I'm just so sad

<Argent> (now)

<Margaux> I think there are still some in the church who weren't taken in - but too many were. They see threats to their own power, and react by trying to stamp it out.

<Argent> to serve themselves over others

  • Margaux nods sadly

<Argent> So what to do about it?

<Margaux> well... we have a new Empress now.

  • Argent nods

<Margaux> There will be a lot of changes in the power structure - maybe some that are beneficial.

  • Argent nods

<Margaux> but I don't know if that will be enough, on its own.

<Argent> and the political capital to get Revelyne chosen first may have weakened things

<Margaux> those who supported her are not going to be happy. Possibly most of House Owl is not going to be happy... they'll need to wait out Janelle's reign now before they get another try.

<Argent> Janelle will need to look over her shoulder all the time

<Margaux> Yes.

<Argent> Does Janelle know what happened? Does she know what I did?

<Margaux> Yes, at least in general terms - maybe not specific details.

<Margaux> But if you think you need to talk to her about it, she won't be shocked.

  • Margaux hugs you close

<Argent> My job is to hunt down evil outsiders that threaten Diablotin and the Church... and those that offer them aid...

<Margaux> I know. You did what was right.

<Argent> I'm going to try and save the Church

<Argent> and I'm going to need help

<Margaux> I'll help you however I can. I love you.

  • Argent holds her close

<Margaux> Right now, though, I need to sleep. Can you take me to bed?

  • Argent nods and stands, scooping her up

<Argent> ... this would be easier if you didn't swing that sword around so much

  • Margaux smiles sleepily

<Margaux> you just need to lift me more then :)

<Argent> you've been away for days

  • Argent deposits her to her rest on the bd

Hettie learns that Aigel and Co. have been removed from prison

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you're home - you've just heard the official news that Janelle will be the next Empress, it's early evening. Nycki has been out most of the day, as have Denise and Enver, so you've had some peace and quiet.

<Hettienne> huzzah!

  • Nycki comes in, slams the door, and ruins your moment of rest.
  • Hettienne jumps

<Nycki> those FUCKERS!

<Hettienne> ...

  • Nycki sounds pretty pissed off

<Hettienne> u... which fuckers?

<Nycki> The ones who took my fuckin' prisoners. Army motherfuckers.

<Hettienne> OH fuck :o

<Nycki> well not *my* prisoners >.> but you know the ones.

<Hettienne> Durant and them.

<Nycki> "Matter of national security" an' pullin' rank an' actin' like they own the fuckin' place.

<Hettienne> They say who they worked for?

<Hettienne> I thought *you* were national security

<Nycki> YEah, well.

<Nycki> We're supposed to all be workin' on the same side, ain't we.

<Nycki> but it don't seem like we are from where I stand.

<Hettienne> Well... fuck.

  • Hettienne sinks back down onto her couch.
  • Nycki paces grumpily, rubbing her back.

<Nycki> They fucked with the wrong pregnant lady, that's for sure.

<Hettienne> After all that trouble we went to... twice!!

<Nycki> I ain't got patience for this bullshit right now.

<Nycki> Yeah!

<Nycki> But.. I got one over on them. At least, I hope I did.

<Hettienne> What're you gonna do? :o

<Hettienne> What *did* you do?

  • Nycki grins

<Nycki> I planted a tracker on 'em. We got some things folks in my line of work can use to track down someone, if you put the thing on them.

<Hettienne> Ohhhh.

  • Hettienne grins evilly,

<Nycki> So wherever they take those bastards, I'm gonna find out where they're at.

<Nycki> I dunno who I can trust from work - someone hadda be in on this, to tell them where to go, who we had... that sorta thing.

<Nycki> but fuck 'em.

<Hettienne> Well I can think of a couple people who'd want in on trackin' em down >.>

<Hettienne> Again

<Nycki> I got a good team of my own :)

<Hettienne> Well let's call 'em up >:D

  • Nycki nods

<Hettienne> Or... I guess, wait until they get home :

<Hettienne> :|

<Nycki> yeah well... I could use a rest for a few minutes I guess.

<Nycki> but whenever they do, we can round up a few folks who feel like goin' on a hunt.

<Hettienne> Definitely >:3

  • Nycki comes over to sit down with you, groaning a little with the effort

<Nycki> we're way too knocked up for this shit.

  • Nycki says with a smile for you

<Hettienne> Ugh, I know.

  • Hettienne rests her head on your shoulder.

<Nycki> but it's freakin' me out a little why they nabbed them up today. like... right before we get a new Empress who might be able to do somethin' good for a change.

<Nycki> Or right before the Warlord loses her job, one or the other.

  • Nycki says crankily

<Hettienne> Yeah, that ain't no coincidence.

<Nycki> I just dunno if they got somethin' in mind for them. or if they just figured this was their last chance to nab 'em in all the confusion.

<Hettienne> They must have a plan... SOmethin they're gonna do quick before the new Empress gets control

  • Hettienne frowns.
  • Nycki nods grimly

<Nycki> I don't like none of this.

<Nycki> they nab a sniper who can run like hell, an' a fucker with a flamethrower poison dart chuckin' arm. just 'cause they want that tech back, or 'cause they got somethin' in mind for those two in particular?

<Hettienne> well... I ain't sure his arm works too good no more

<Nycki> that's true

<Nycki> but like... if they're the ones what gave it to him in the first place, they can make a new one.

<Nycki> ... maybe that's where they're goin.

<Nycki> well I guess we'll see :/

<Hettienne> :/

<Nycki> ugh.

<Nycki> if this is the shit I gotta deal with, maybe I don't wanna be in charge :p

<Nycki> but hey, look on the bright side. Maybe this'll piss off enough folks that I get kicked off the squad an' don't haveta be Lady Grey anyway ;)

<Hettienne> Aw, but you'd be the best at it :3

  • Nycki smiles at that

<Nycki> you know it, baby.

  • Nycki gives you a kiss
  • Hettienne leans in :3

<Nycki> this is either gonna be a genius move, or a fuckin' disaster. we'll see I guess.

<Hettienne> I vote genius

<Nycki> I'm glad I got you backin' me up then :)

  • Nycki can have a little while to snuggle with you before Denise gets home, presumably :3

<Hettienne> (yay!)

Hugo and Dasra say goodbye... for now

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you're home I assume. You also have heard the news about Janelle becoming Empress, it's been on the radio and papers have been pushing out evening editions just to break the story.

  • Hugonel is working on a whole new set for the show in honor of our new target ...

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

<DiablotinNarrator> Your doorbell rings.

<Hugonel> ... both Cats and Owls chase Rats ... coincidence, I think not, and ... hmm, who could that be?

  • Hugonel makes sure he's wearing pants (check!) and then goes to the door.
  • Hugonel opens the door.

<Dasra> hi... can I come in?

<Hugonel> Oh! Hello, Dasra. Uh, sure, of course, come in.

  • Hugonel tries to frantically glance around and make sure the place is semi-respectable.
  • Dasra comes inside, looking around.

<Dasra> I'm sorry if I'm intruding...

  • Dasra half assumes you have a girl here somewhere ;p

<Hugonel> No, not at all. It's just been very chaotic, and I haven't had any time to clean.

  • Dasra nods

<Dasra> I suppose you've heard the news about the new Empress.

<Hugonel> Yes, indeed. I'm more interested to hear what happened to the first choice, although I suppose it'll be more in the nature of gossip than confirmed fact.

<Hugonel> Janelle will do a fine job, I imagine, although to be chosen at such a turbulent time almost certainly marks the beginning of a rough transition.

<Dasra> Yes, I doubt they'll ever tell us for certain. I heard that she didn't come back at all - I mean, her family haven't retreated with a dead body or anything ...

<Hugonel> That's unfortunate. The stuff of conspiracies.

  • Dasra nods

<Dasra> it doesn't make it any easier for Janelle, I imagine. There will already be nasty rumours.

<Hugonel> Surely so.

  • Dasra sighs.

<Dasra> do you have something to drink, maybe?

<Hugonel> Sure, of course. Have a seat, I'll put something together for you.

  • Hugonel whips up a couple of nice cocktails.

<Dasra> thanks

  • Hugonel sits.

<Hugonel> How have you been?

<Dasra> it's been... quiet.

<Dasra> well, since the funeral, anyway.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> You deserve some peace, after all you've been through.

<Dasra> I've been wondering what to do with myself now.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Dasra> and I think I just need some time to myself. *for* myself.

<Hugonel> You could resume holding your salons. I'm sure you'd have no shortage of interested folks to attend.

<Dasra> maybe at some point. I was thinking right now, I want to just get away from the city for a while. Travel, see some things I haven't seen before.

<Dasra> Things I couldn't do while I was caring for Raimond... or... if I'm honest... I couldn't do even before that. Ever since I was married, really.

<Hugonel> A long trip by rail, perhaps, sounds lovely.

  • Dasra nods

<Dasra> I just need my own space for a little while. I... I hope you understand?

<Hugonel> Of course ...

  • Hugonel says, a little confused.

<Hugonel> Why would I not understand?

<Dasra> I don't know :(

<Dasra> No reason I suppose.

<Hugonel> Dasra, my dear, I have no claim on you, nor, I think, have I ever asserted one, not at least since I was a child.

  • Dasra nods sadly

<Hugonel> I will miss your company, of course, while you are away, but I'm sure there are more than a few gentleladies interested in the charms of this elder statesman.

  • Dasra smiles at that

<Dasra> You're not that old :p

<Hugonel> Close to forty, now.

<Dasra> Neither of us is that old. We have lots of time left.

<Hugonel> One would hope.

<Hugonel> Has anyone from the government been in touch with you since Raimond's passing?

<Dasra> no, it's been all quiet since then. maybe they've moved on to bothering Sirris? :/

<Dasra> is he doing all right?

<Hugonel> As far as I know, yes - but I need to speak to him still.

  • Dasra nods

<Dasra> Thank him again for me... I can only guess how badly things might have gone otherwise.

<Hugonel> Of course.

<Dasra> I'm sorry - maybe it was a bad idea to have come here. I just didn't want to go without seeing you again.

<Hugonel> Dasra, it's never a bad time for you to come here. You're always welcome in my home.

<Hugonel> Are you sure you're all right?

<Dasra> no, I just...

  • Dasra starts crying

<Hugonel> Dasra, dear, it's all right, I'm here for you.

  • Dasra leans against you

<Dasra> I want to go and want to stay at the same time. How stupid.

stuff may be missing here'

<Hugonel> You should go. Everything you said makes sense. You need some time to be independent, to figure out who you are and what you want. Then come back. What's a few months? Like you say, neither of us is that old.

  • Dasra nods

<Dasra> but... you'd like it if I did come back, right? I shouldn't find some adorable twenty-year old boy to shack up with while I'm away? :)

<Hugonel> I'd like it if you came back *and* you should find some young gent while you're away. Teach him a few things, then find a professional to teach you a few more.

  • Dasra laughs

<Dasra> wait are you saying I don't know enough? ;)

<Hugonel> Learning is a lifelong process. Honestly maybe I should find some octogenarian, right?

  • Dasra smiles at that

<Dasra> just don't fall in love with her.

  • Dasra gives you a kiss

<Hugonel> Well at the very least I won't make any long-term plans.

<Dasra> all right

<Dasra> Take care, Hugo.

<Hugonel> Go, Dasra. Go with all my love and kind wishes. I'll see you soon.

  • Dasra nods

<Dasra> I promise you'll be the first one I call when I get back to town.

  • Dasra finishes her drink and will head off, then.

<Hugonel> I'll be here.

Solos

Argent and Hugo talk

  • Argent will knock on Hugo's door
  • Hugonel goes to answer.

<Hugonel> Oh ... hello!

<Argent> Hi

<Argent> Any chance I could come in? I wanted to talk to you about a few things

<Hugonel> Uh, yes, of course! What a lovely surprise. Come in, come in.

  • Argent steps in side taking a quick look around

<Argent> It's been a little crazy lately so I wasn't sure if you would be home

<Hugonel> Yes, quite right. Although it actually seems I've been home more often than usual, as if waiting for catastrophe to strike.

<Hugonel> Has something terrible happened?

  • Hugonel asks, suddenly suspicious.

<Argent> Almost happened... kind of why I wanted to talk to you

<Hugonel> All right ... would you care for a drink?

<Argent> sure

  • Hugonel mixes up a couple of cocktails for us, then.

<Hugonel> So, what has, err, almost happened?

  • Argent accepts the drink

<Argent> Well what did happen is I had a brief discussion with my mother... you remember her?

  • Hugonel shifts uncomfortably.

<Hugonel> Better now than before, actually.

<Argent> well that good news, for me at least

<Argent> she said you would know how to get back to her. When I saw her I was on a little bit of a time crunch

<Hugonel> So maybe we should stop and go back and fill a few things in.

<Hugonel> How did you see her, and where?

<Argent> It's complicated... and not something that should be spread around... so in confidence... you understand?

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> Yes, of course.

<Argent> I met her when I went through the Arch

<Argent> it was a couple of days ago

<Hugonel> ... how?

<Argent> How?

<Argent> the guardians let me in and I flew into the Arch to stop Revelyne

<Argent> She was doing something unthinkable

<Hugonel> Which was ...?

<Argent> cutting the barriers between the planes

<Argent> there was a darkness beyond... I could feel it

<Hugonel> Ah, now I understand. The Dark Tapestry.

<Argent> It was waiting for a hole big enough

<Argent> The Dark Tapestry? I suppose you could have called it that

<Argent> the space where we were was empty except for the points of lights like stars and the threads between them

<Hugonel> Hmm? Oh, no, I meant it literally. The artifact, in my uncle's possession, that, shall we say, holds the worlds together?

<Argent> I think I remember Zola mentioning that

<Hugonel> Hettie sewed it back up lickety-split.

<Argent> Hettie... I guess that makes a little sense... Revelyne was using Norn sheers to cut the threads

<Hugonel> It seems that we were both pulling on different ends of the same thread, without knowing what the other was doing.

<Argent> which is a concern how she managed to get them

<Hugonel> Right ... hmm.

<Hugonel> So, now to ask another stupid question, how and why did you come to be involved in this?

<Argent> well, I and others were concerned that the Cyst might try and use the death of the emperor as a means to get access to the arch...

<Argent> in efforts to prevent that, Margaux, who is a former guardian, got me into see the current guardian... she stayed to help protect the Arch and we got word to the other guardians

<Hugonel> "We" ... being who?

<Argent> its also I captured Sister Harmony and the flesh brain thing

<Argent> ... why... why I captured

<Argent> which you and Aubrienne and Gen talked to

<Argent> the others, our little group of conspirators

<Argent> and we were right, they did use the opportunity

<Hugonel> All right ...

<Argent> So Katha contacted me in my head and said I needed to get to the Arch

<Argent> so I did and the guardians were there, trying to hold the planes together... I'm sure there were others on other worlds as well

<Argent> I went through, spoke briefly with Katha

<Argent> then went on and stoped Revelyne

<Argent> (stopped)

<Hugonel> Hmm, I wonder if that counts as regicide?

  • Hugonel muses idly.

<Argent> she never came back out so I don't think she counts as an emperess

<Argent> and she was inflicting cosmic harm, so... justified

<Hugonel> Fair, I suppose.

<Hugonel> Did you just ... leave her there, then?

<Argent> No

<Argent> I hope she proves more penitent on her next journy from the wheel

<Hugonel> Well. Indeed.

<Hugonel> But to return to what I am gathering is the point, you saw ... your mother there.

<Argent> yes

<Hugonel> She contacted you in your head - was that the first time something like this had happened?

<Argent> there was the time I had that dream that gave me your name. Other than that, yeah first time.

<Hugonel> So, where is she exactly? I'm still unclear on that point. In the arch ... where?

<Argent> I think she has her own plane that she is the guardian of... at least that was my quick impression... my esoteric planar is not exactly great... I just know the basics, the real basics

<Argent> and how to spot if an outsider is hurt by cold iron or silver... more along those lines really

<Argent> so yeah, when I flew through the Arch I ended up there first before the whole Dark Tapestry deal

<Hugonel> And this plane, was it green with flowers and hills and a little stone house, next to a pool of water where an Arch stands?

<Argent> thats it!

<Argent> You have been there!

<Hugonel> So have you, at least once before.

<Hugonel> It's where you were conceived.

<Argent> So how is it you remember this now?

<Hugonel> It is a gift, or perhaps a curse, from the Chrestomath.

<Hugonel> Glauketheli

<Hugonel> The brain.

<Argent> So how did you get there?

<Hugonel> She took me by the hand and led me there, from a place in the Castalia.

<Argent> through a portal or something?

  • Argent scratches his head trying to understand
  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> Through a door in a wall.

<Hugonel> I've been wondering whether it might still be there. But that's crazy, isn't it?

<Argent> I could still be there

<Argent> Just have to know how to find or open it

<Argent> if its still there, I'm sure we could figure it out

<Hugonel> If she said ... that I would know how to get there ... well, I don't know anything *else*. So that must be it ... mustn't it?

<Argent> Did you want to meet her again?

<Hugonel> I ... well, it seems rude, if she wants to see me again, to say no, doesn't it?

<Hugonel> I mean ... she said, long ago, that we would see each other again.

<Hugonel> And I'll admit I've been wondering ... these past few months especially, why I would be special to her. Why she would pick me. Why she would choose to have you.

<Argent> I've questions of my own

<Argent> so lets go find this door

<Hugonel> Right. Sure, all right then.

  • Argent stands

<Hugonel> Uh, you don't mean right now, do you?

<Argent> Seems a little abrupt right?

<Hugonel> Rather.

<Argent> I have some other things I need to deal with first

  • Hugonel nods.

<Argent> let me know when a good time is for you though

<Hugonel> All right then. But soon, very soon. Let's make immediate plans.

  • Argent nods in agreement

<Argent> And you... how are you doing?

<Hugonel> I'm ... well, I suppose. Now that the succession is resolved, apparently successfully, I suppose things will settle down ?

<Argent> You can hope... maybe it will.

<Hugonel> I don't know what to hope for. But ... maybe.

<Argent> Is your uncle going to be out of job now?

<Hugonel> No idea, really. But it's not like he needs to work.

  • Argent nods

Dorien has Feelings to sort out

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, I presume you've been busy in the lab recently, having found some working formulas for Cyst-fighting, working on refining those formulas and producing them in larger quantities.

<Dorien> (Yes, hopefully simplifying the creation process)

<DiablotinNarrator> Misery and Nedezde have been helping out, but I'm sure all of you have been putting in long hours of work.

<Dorien> (We still need to talk about recruiting apprentices at some point.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes :)

<Dorien> (lol)

<Dorien> (but yes, probably lots of overtime all around. Not that I pay them, mind you.)

<Dorien> (>.>)

<DiablotinNarrator> Misery has headed out to pick up some food for all of you, so you can keep working.

  • Dorien hopes she's getting something from the Shadar Kai Kart up the road
  • Nedezde is just picking up a glass container to transfer its contents to another vessel when it slips from her hand and shatters on the floor.

<Nedezde> Oh!

<Dorien> Shit... you alright?

  • Dorien moves to check what spilled
  • Nedezde is already trying to clean it up, but in the process she cuts her hand

<Nedezde> ow!

  • Dorien grabs her away from the glass and reaches for a clean towel.

<Dorien> How bad is the cut? And was the chemical dangerous?

<Dorien> (Gah, that should be in parenthesis)

<Dorien> (How bad is the cut? And was the chemical dangerous?)

<Nedezde> (it looks like a fairly deep cut, and the chemical would only be dangerous if you drank it - it's probably going to leave a stain on the floor and her clothes, but other than that, it's okay)

<Dorien> Hey, it's ok. Here, let me see your hand...

  • Dorien will clean the wound and make sure there's no glass in it and then wrap it in a towel or bandage. Hopefully there is a first aid kit >.>
  • Nedezde sets aside the pieces of glass she'd managed to gather up and let you tend to her

<Dorien> I guess we're all pretty tired...

<Nedezde> I'm sorry...

<Dorien> Hey, no worries. It's just a beaker.

<Dorien> I'm more worried about your hand

  • Nedezde winces a little as you wrap it for her

<Dorien> (Does it look like it needs stitches or a hospital?)

<Nedezde> (it looks like it could use stitches or a healer, probably)

<Nedezde> it's all right...

  • Nedezde says stubbornly

<Dorien> Stay right there. Do not move, ok?

  • Dorien will quickly prepare a cure light wounds tonic.
  • Nedezde sits and does as she's told (for once)

<Dorien> Here, drink this...

  • Nedezde lets you give her the drink
  • Dorien will check the wound again as she does so

<Nedezde> (it's healed up, only a bit of a scar left where it used to be)

  • Dorien smiles and runs his fingers over where the wound was. "See... good as new."
  • Nedezde nods, looking up at you

<Nedezde> I must just be tired...

  • Dorien smiles, then blushes, then drops her hand and clears his throat.

<Dorien> Um... yeah. It's late. Maybe you should get some rest.

  • Misery comes in with several bags of takeout food from the Shadar Kai Kart

<Dorien> Hey. Watch where you step...

<Misery> oh shit, what happened?

  • Dorien gestures to the spill

<Dorien> Just a spill. Nothing major

  • Dorien looks at Nedezde.

<Dorien> You ok?

<Nedezde> Yes... just need a break.

  • Dorien nods.

<Nedezde> I'll ... take a walk and be back in a little while.

<Misery> Here, at least take a seaweed wrap before you go.

  • Misery offers her one, which she takes after a moment's pause, then leaves

<Misery> Okay what's going on?

  • Misery asks you as she goes to get a broom to keep clearing up the mess

<Dorien> I'm... not sure.

  • Dorien starts picking up glass.

<Misery> did you help her clean up and accidentally almost kiss her or something?

  • Dorien laughs nervously.

<Dorien> No, not.. I mean, I'm not sure what happened.

<Misery> I mean, it's really obvious when you blush. You're still blushing.

  • Misery points out helpfully

<Dorien> I guess maybe there was a kind of spark. Maybe. I'm not sure.

<Misery> And so she ran away.

<Dorien> It's hard to tell what she's thinking

  • Dorien shakes his head

<Dorien> How do you do that?

<Misery> I have amazing powers of intuition and observation.

<Misery> and also I was standing at the door trying to open it with my hands full of bags, so I heard the last bit of your conversation.

<Dorien> ...oh.

<Dorien> Are you... gonna punch me?

  • Misery laughs

<Misery> What? no.

<Misery> I mean unless you want.

<Dorien> Ah.

<Dorien> Maybe later.

  • Misery smiles

<Dorien> I hope she's ok.

<Misery> First of all, you didn't do anything even remotely wrong. Second, if you have feelings for her you should probably figure out what that means for both of you - if she doesn't return them, it'll make it weird to keep working together, and if she does, then you need to figure out what to do about it.

<Dorien> And... you're ok with that?

<Misery> Are you leaving me for her?

<Dorien> Void no!

  • Dorien looks alarmed

<Dorien> Misery, you are the most important thing in my life.

  • Misery smiles a little more at that

<Misery> Then it's okay if you talk with her and figure out what you want to do, as long as you keep me informed too. I don't expect you to stop feeling attracted to other people, that would be weird - and probably impossible. So talk to her.

<Dorien> You make it sound so simple.

<Dorien> There's a lot of... history there.

<Dorien> I have no idea where I stand with her.

<Dorien> She's so hard to read sometimes.

  • Misery nods

<Misery> Amazingly, I've found that using words to communicate helps ;)

<Misery> Maybe you'll find that she's just feeling uncomfortable and awkward because she doesn't return your feelings and doesn't want to hurt you - in which case, you can wallow in sadness for a bit and then get over it.

  • Dorien laughs
  • Dorien nods

<Dorien> I'm not sure if I'm more scared that she does still feel something or that she doesn't.

  • Misery smirks

<Misery> Would you rather I talked to her? ^-^

<Dorien> ...

<Dorien> ...

<Dorien> ...

<Dorien> Don't think I'm not tempted.

<Dorien> I'm not the best with people, you may have noticed.

<Dorien> But no, I think this is something I need to do.

<Misery> All right.

  • Misery gives you a hug and kiss.

<Misery> Now come have something to eat, at least that'll help you feel better ;p

  • Dorien laughs.

<Dorien> So what do you think of her?

<Misery> She's very smart - if you can keep her to work with us, that would be good.

  • Dorien nods.

<Dorien> Yeah. The last thing I want to do is push her away completely.

  • Misery nods

<Misery> At a personal level - I see what you mean about her being hard to read, and hard to get to know. I don't know how much is her culture being so different, and how much is just her.

  • Dorien shrugs.

<Dorien> Alittle of both

  • Dorien sighs.

<Dorien> You'd think after interdimensional invaders, women would be easy.

<Misery> But from what I've found so far, she's nice. The situation is stressful for everyone - I guess I'd like to get to know her under less awful circumstances, but when's that ever going to happen ;p

<Dorien> heh

  • Dorien sighs.

<Misery> but if she can stay calm and friendly even when we're working to avoid our brains being eaten, then I feel like she's a decent person.

  • Dorien laughs

<Dorien> You know... I think we could use some help here. We're working ourselves ragged.

<Misery> Well that's definitely true.

  • Nedezde returns maybe half an hour later and will go back to work like everything is fine.

<Nedezde> (and I think we can stop there so we can get goign on Thirteen? :)

<Dorien> Sure :) I'd like to have a talk with Neddie alone at some point.

<Nedezde> kk :)