Diablotin 3 session 62

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 62 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: October 15, 2017
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> So one thing I wanted to say, while we're still getting ready to start, is that I think we are starting into the end phase of this game. Not that it will end next week or anything, but I would guess tentatively that we might have like 12-15 sessions left. That would take us to somewhere in the mid-70s which is close to what other D campaigns had.

<DiablotinNarrator> So if there are things you're waiting on doing or saving up for later, maybe don't wait too long :)

  • Argent nods

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, let's get started then, unless there are any questions or anything?

<Argent> did the mush brain ever spill what the cyste was researching?

<DiablotinNarrator> Basically what you can get out if it is things about dimensional travel, planar barriers, Serpent, and the Arch. Some of it may be a bit over your head but you can get the gist of it anyway.

<Argent> hopefully the smart people (not me) asking the questions can figure it out

<DiablotinNarrator> heh, hopefully :)

<Denise> did anyone ever get more of use out of the guy who tried to kill the patriarch?

<DiablotinNarrator> Consensus at the moment seems to be that he was mind controlled/influenced. They are still working on figuring out by who.

<DiablotinNarrator> Probably San is poking around in his brain, I imagine.

<Argent> and has it been long enough for Harmony to add anything or is she still recovering?

<DiablotinNarrator> She is still recovering, it's only been a day or so.

<Argent> kk

<Denise> akso do they know what his actual instructions were>

<Denise> ?

<Denise> I mean mostly I want to know who his target was if he knows ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> he was Dominated and instructed to kill the Patriarch.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> Denise can relax a bit then ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> OR CAN SHE...

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay let's get started :)

Argent answers a summons

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, it is early in the morning of the day Revelyne is supposed to be going through the Arch. It is also the day of Emperor Marl's public funeral, so the streets are busy despite the early hour as people go to pay their respects to the late Emperor.

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll assume you have been out late (or early) going from questioning the brain to checking on prisoners to seeing what else needs to be done... you are probably short on sleep.

<Argent> (not surprising)

<Argent> (I can sleep when this is over)

<DiablotinNarrator> I like to think you're driving along on your motorcycle, heading home to maybe try and catch a few hours of rest.

<DiablotinNarrator> You receive a message directly into your mind. It isn't a voice of someone you know, but yet it's familiar - it's a woman's voice that you seem to feel you've heard before, in dreams or visions.

<DiablotinNarrator> "The Arch's defenders are gathered but they need your help to withstand the invasion. Come to the temple, the way will be opened for you."

  • Argent responds in his mind "I am on my way"

<Argent> (do I figure the underground route would be more direct or just head to the temple, considering the situation in the streets?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Well, the problem with the underground route is that you may not be able to get in. You got in before because Margaux could open that door, but alone you aren't sure if you can open it yourself... unless that's what the voice meant.

<DiablotinNarrator> The underground route would certainly avoid the traffic and might be more stealthy.

  • Argent will have faith and go underground

<DiablotinNarrator> All right.

<Argent> (will have pass without trace, greater longstrider, gmw on my rapier and pistol, tree stride and enchantment foil)

  • Argent will move as quickly as the situation allows

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

Denise takes Yvie to the Arch

<DiablotinNarrator> Skipping over to Denise briefly, then...

<Denise> (I have no idea where she would be.... home maybe?)

<Denise> (Or wth A&J - would they be gogn to the funeral?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you are likewise exhausted and running on little sleep. Before heading home to rest for an hour or two before the funeral, you feel like maybe you should check in with your family and make sure things are okay. Force of habit, maybe?

<Denise> (yeah, that makes sense :)

  • Denise is also on her motor cycle, then :V

<DiablotinNarrator> (And yes, Ander and Janelle would be going to the funeral service so you would presumably be there, but it's not happening until a bit later in the day)

<DiablotinNarrator> (say this is like... 7am and the funeral is at noon, or something :)

<Denise> (okay)

<DiablotinNarrator> You arrive at your family home to find some kind of commotion going on. Yvie is out on the steps crying, and your father is there ordering her to get back inside.

  • Denise pulls up

<Denise> What's goin' on?

<Patric> Yvonne Murodea, you go to your room right now and stop this nonsense!

<Yvie> But I have to go ;_;

<Denise> Yvie What's goin' on!?

  • Yvie ducks around your father and runs over to you.

<Yvie> Denise, I gotta go to the place under the temple! The secret place!

<Denise> what?

<Denise> The arch?

<Denise> why!?

<Yvie> I gotta go there now an' open a door, please, it's real important!

  • Denise looks Concerned.

<Patric> She woke up and starting saying she had to go - it's like something's gotten into her.

<Denise> ...Okay. I'm comon' wth and ain't nothing gonna go happen

  • Patric sounds upset and frustrated and worried.

<Denise> Well, Pa, maybe somethin' did. I'll look after her, okay?

<Denise> This is bad times >:|

<Patric> ...

  • Denise withh scoop up her sister and settle her on the bike behind her, giving her her helmet
  • Patric comes down the steps to the two of you, and gives you both a hug.
  • Denise hugs back

<Patric> Be careful. I don't know what this is all about but ... just come back safe.

  • Denise nods, even though, well.
  • Denise will head off towards the ~sekrit entrance~ then
  • Yvie holds onto you tight enough that you can feel her trembling.

<Denise> It's gonna be okay, Yvie.

<Yvie> what's happening?

<Denise> There's monsters tryin' to take over the arch.

<Yvie> I know I gotta go there but why?

<Denise> I dunno. Maybe it means you're an Arch guardian now :

<Denise> Can you hear it still?

<Yvie> kinda... I heard a lady this morning in my dream tell me that it was real important that I had to go and open a door, that it could be the difference between good an' real bad...

  • Denise takes a deep breath

<Denise> I know where the door is

<Yvie> okay

  • Denise wishes she felt like she had tme to go find anyone else

<Yvie> thank you Denise... if I don't get there then the real bad things will happen instead.

<Denise> We ain't gonna let that happen.

  • Denise slams the gas :V

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can hurry as much as possible.

Denise and Argent travel into the Arch

<DiablotinNarrator> You make your way to the door beneath the temple just about as Argent is also arriving there.

<Argent> Denise!?

<Denise> Argent!

  • Denise is holding her sister's hand

<Argent> is that your little sister?

  • Yvie looks scared but determined

<Denise> Yvie had a dream that she had to open the door

<Denise> Some lady told her, but I believe her

<Argent> The guardians need help, I was told the way would be open

  • Denise is tyring to sound calm and determined bt Argent can probably tell she is worried about what this will mean for Yvie

<Denise> Well it's gonna be

<Denise> it's right here, Yvie

  • Yvie nods and steps forward
  • Yvie closes her eyes and opens the door.

<Denise> okay.

<Denise> I... Should I stay here with Yvie? Should we come?

  • Denise looks to Argent for direction

<Argent> Your hear, she's needed, protect her

<Argent> (you're here... sigh)

<Argent> and lets go

  • Denise nods, and takes hold of her sister's hand again
  • Yvie squeezes your hand tightly

<Denise> YOu stick right close to me, an I won't let nothin' happen to you, okay?

  • Argent puts a reassuring hand on Denise's shoulder

<Yvie> okay

  • Denise gives Argent a one armed hug
  • Argent heads in trying to navigate to where they are needed

<DiablotinNarrator> You can head in - the place is oddly empty but you can hear some .. chanting or low voices coming from further in, past the living quarters.

<Denise> >:|

  • Yvie points to the direction of the sound
  • Argent will head towards it but have some caution considering the situation

<Yvie> that way

<Denise> Yeah...

<Denise> but shh

  • Denise goes into quiet mode

<DiablotinNarrator> You make your way cautiously in that direction, descend some stairs, and come out into a chamber ringed with people - Silvia and Margaux and Chalniss and others you don't recognize, probably about 8 all together, standing around an Arch that descends from the ceiling. They are holding hands and the low chanting comes from them.

  • Yvie 's eyes widen
  • Silvia opens her eyes and beckons for Yvie to come over, separating her hand from the person next to her for a moment to make room in their circle for her.
  • Argent will approach the circle

<Denise> I think we just gotta defend, maybe...

  • Denise watches the other entrances

<Denise> (I assume I can't understand the chanting)

  • Yvie lets go of your hand warily, but seems okay when Silvia takes hers.

<Yvie> (no, you can't, it's in some unfamiliar language)

<Denise> it'll be okay

  • Denise tells her

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, as you look at the Arch you feel drawn to it - like this is why you are supposed to be here.

<DiablotinNarrator> (whether 'here' means 'in this place right now' or 'in existence on this plane at all' ;)

<Silvia> Revelyne went into it but hasn't come out yet.

  • Silvia says, while she's broken the circle for a moment.

<Argent> What do you need me to do?

  • Argent looks at the Arch

<Denise> <m> Kill her when she comes out prolly >.>

<Silvia> It shouldn't take this long... someone needs to go in after her. I fear that our defenses are weakening, but whether she is responsible or simply at risk from the same forces, I am not certain.

<Argent> I understand

  • Denise 's eye go wide
  • Argent will summon his wings

<Denise> what, alone?

<Argent> I don't think you can follow me on this journey Denise

<Denise> I can try.

<Denise> If it don't let me it dont let me

  • Argent looks at Silvia
  • Silvia seems to be torn between concentrating very hard on something, holding the circle, and trying to talk to you.

<Silvia> Go. We'll hold on as long as we can.

  • Denise nods and will follow Argent
  • Argent takes Denise's hand

<Argent> Here we go

  • Denise will take his hand and turn in to a rat for ease of carrying while flying

<DiablotinNarrator> You move forward, and the circle re-forms behind you as Yvie takes her place in the ring.

  • Argent will fly into the Arch

<DiablotinNarrator> You pass through the Arch and into ... whatever is beyond.

Hugo finds out the Dark Tapestry is spontaneously developing a tear; Hettie mends it

<DiablotinNarrator> Then we're going to skip over to Hugo. (after I get back from the bathroom.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you receive a phone call at far too early in the morning.

  • Hugonel turns over, bleary-eyed, crawls out of bed and answers the phone.

<Hugonel> Hello?

<Loick> Hugo, sorry to bother you at such an ungodly hour, but ... there's a problem.

<Hugonel> What? Oh, Uncle, hello. What's happened?

<Loick> I would rather discuss it in person... nothing personal, operator, but this is a matter of national security.

  • Loick says to whoever is listening to your phone call ;)

<Hugonel> Right. Well, let me just throw on some pants and a scarf and ... you want me to come over there?

<Loick> Let's say I need some assistance with ... mending... a tear.

<Hugonel> I always said that at your age you needed to take it easy on the calisthenics or you'd rip yourself a new one. Well ... all right, I'll be over as quickly as I can.

<Loick> Thank you. I'll be at the office.

<Hugonel> (is this the day of the funeral?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Yes)

  • Hugonel will dress himself in whatever he has that won't look ridiculous if he doesn't have time to change before the funeral. Dark jacket and pants, silver scarf, maybe even a tie.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • Hugonel heads over to Loick's
  • Dozilva will let you in.

<Dozilva> Good, you're here.

<Hugonel> Good morning. My uncle is expecting me.

<Dozilva> Oh yes, I know. Come in, please. He's been in a terrible fuss.

  • Hugonel heads in to see Loick.
  • Loick looks like he hasn't slept

<Loick> All right, here's the problem.

  • Loick gestures to the wall where he has the Dark Tapestry hanging up in his office, and points to the tear, which is distinctly larger than the last time you saw it.
  • Hugonel sits down, having had a pretty poor night himself.

<Hugonel> All right ... I know a seamstress if you need one.

  • Loick eyes you dubiously but is just exhausted enough to nod.

<Loick> I honestly don't know how to fix it. And it doesn't help that everyone is busy getting ready for the funeral and not worrying about world-altering artifacts.

<Loick> Maybe your seamstress idea isn't completely crazy, I don't know. It's as good as any idea I've had.

<Hugonel> Is there any apparent cause to the tear growing?

<Loick> Well, it started after the chosen candidate went into the Arch this morning. She hasn't come out yet. I don't know what's typical but it seems like it shouldn't take that long.

<Hugonel> Do we really have any sense of how long it should take, now?

<Loick> No. It isn't as though there have been many examples to draw on, since the Arch was restored. But the timing seems ... worrying.

<Hugonel> Yes, I can see that.

<Hugonel> What have you done already to try to alleviate the problem?

<Loick> Don't laugh, but I tried Mending and Make Whole.

<Loick> Obviously neither of those worked...

  • Hugonel shrugs

<Hugonel> It's what any sensible person would have tried first.

<Loick> Do you actually think your seamstress friend might be able to do anything? I am at a loss here.

<Hugonel> Well, let's think first. What do we imagine it means? If the Tapestry is what holds the world together, the tear growing indicates a rift. As if the existing boundaries between planes are being torn asunder, just as Amanita did when she ripped the book, talking about rending the tapestry ,right?

  • Loick considers that

<Loick> I don't think the Tapestry precisely 'holds the world together'. I think it may represent or respond to the status of the world, but isn't responsible for it. In its original purpose it was a predictive tool, used to read the future in the stars.

<Loick> This seems like an extremely bad prediction, even without the book to interpret it.

<Loick> But yes - it may mean that existing barriers between the planes are being weakened or broken

<Hugonel> Yes, right, but let's imagine it as, the paths of the future are diverging, because something is working to think those boundaries. So, for instance, the Arch, which is a boundary between worlds, is also used to determine the future. Perhaps?

  • Loick nods

<Hugonel> Primal Magic, which comes out of the rift, is a force of chaos and randomness.

<Loick> Yes, the Arch has been used for divinatory purposes in the past. Accounts suggest it can give visions of futures that may be, or past events that are significant in some fashion to the present.

<Loick> Indeed the process of choosing an Emperor is, at some level, a very powerful form of divination.

<Hugonel> When Raimond Neherin died, he was having a powerful vision and some of his last intelligible words were about the Tapestry

<Loick> oh?

<Hugonel> Yes. I would have told you, but it was very recent and I've been busy. Anyway, again, we are dealing with a person who was, in some sense, between worlds.

  • Loick nods

<Loick> It's getting worse.

  • Loick says, looking over at the tapestry, which does indeed seem to have torn further as you talk.

<Hugonel> Well.

<Hugonel> It would help if we had the Codex. But that's not going to happen, I suspect.

<Loick> Not... currently, no.

<Hugonel> Amanita seems unlikely to just lend it to us.

<Loick> Is it even certain that she has it?

<Hugonel> No, just that she was the last person we know who had it.

  • Loick nods

<Hugonel> Things are so complex in the First World these days, alas.

<Hugonel> But perhaps we could try to find it? Barring that, I'm afraid my best idea is to call a seamstress or just stitch it up ourselves. That seems ... imprudent and likely to do nothing, however.

<Loick> Honestly at this point I am willing to try things that seem imprudent.

<Loick> As the alternative seems to be 'just watch it happen and quietly wet myself.'

<Hugonel> Does Dozilva have any insight?

<Dozilva> I always have insight ;p

  • Dozilva says from the next room over

<Dozilva> Get the seamstress you spoke of, and work to hold it together until you can find the Codex.

<Hugonel> Well, it seems like the least bad solution, at any rate.

  • Hugonel casts Sending to Hettie

<Hugonel> something like "Hettienne, Loick and I need help. Aiming to repair the Dark Tapestry whose tear grows rapidly. Bring your mending kit promptly to his office, please?"

<Hettienne> Uhhh... okay? I guess? The hell?

  • Hettienne gathers up her stuff and goes.

<Hettienne> I swear to Rat if this is a practical joke I'm gonna do a murder >:|

  • Hugonel casts sending to Eirini: "The rend in the Tapestry grows as Arch selects Emperor. Cause and solution unclear. Codex whereabouts unknown. Help if you can. Stay safe."

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Hettie, you can make your way to the palace. It's busy enough that no one pays too much attention to you.

<Hettienne> (is there a directory xD)

<Hettienne> (Loick's Office, suite 203)

<DiablotinNarrator> since they know you're coming they can send Dozilva to find you, probably :) and make sure you get in past any guards and so on.

<Dozilva> Hello - thank you for coming.

  • Dozilva helps guide you through the crowds of people who are preparing for the funeral service.

<Dozilva> SEAMSTRESS EMERGENCY, COMING THROUGH

<Hettienne> ...

  • Dozilva shouts to clear a path for us

<Hettienne> Alrighty then

<Dozilva> Don't worry, they are used to people not fitting into their formal mourning gowns and the like... ;)

<Hettienne> Sounds familiar.

  • Hettienne has sewn many a butt into their costume after one too many cream puffs
  • Dozilva will lead you to Loick's office.
  • Hettienne glances around suspiciously.

<Loick> Thank you for coming. I know this is an unusual request...

<Hettienne> Well. It is and it ain't.

  • Hettienne eyes the tapestry

<Hettienne> That thing ain't gonna swallow me up is it :|

<DiablotinNarrator> There is a sizeable rip in it, probably about a foot long at this point.

<Loick> I... cannot entirely guarantee that it won't. I can say that I have touched it and attempted to mend it magically, and haven't been swallowed.

<Hettienne> I've seen more 'n' enough of other worlds...

<Hettienne> Alright...

  • Hettienne grumbles.
  • Hugonel looks at the rift dubiously.

<Hugonel> Thank you, Hettie.

<Hettienne> Don't thank me yet :|

  • Hettienne will try and sew up this mess, trying to put aside that it's some kind of fuckin artifact level magical shit

<Hettienne> (imma take 20 if I have to roll :P which gives me 36 :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

  • Hugonel will cast Grand Destiny on Hettie too

<Hugonel> (just because I can)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you begin sewing. It feels odd, like the tear is resisting you, like the threads are fraying away from your touch, and at first you're worried all you are doing is making it worse. But somehow you keep going, and it almost feels as though, from the other side of the tapestry, there are other hands helping you. Threads coming together and being re-joined, fates weaving themselves

<DiablotinNarrator> back together...

<Hettienne> Somethin's happenin

  • Hettienne mutters
  • Hugonel will also orate to Inspire Competence, using Eletheni's voice

<DiablotinNarrator> For a moment you can see all the threads and how they fit together and a much, much bigger picture than the size of this tapestry would suggest. You can see your sisters on the other side of the rift, all working with you to weave this universe together.

<Hettienne> @_@

<Hettienne> That's... that's somethin'

<DiablotinNarrator> You aren't really sure how long it takes, but it feels much longer and more exhausting than mending a tear of this size should. Still, eventually you reach the end, and tie off your thread. It may not be flawless, but it'll hold for now.

  • Hettienne wipes her forehead with her sleeve

<Hettienne> Well.

<Hettienne> I think that'll hold... for a while

<Loick> Thank you.

<Hugonel> That was ... amazing, and strange. Yes, thank you.

<Hettienne> How long was that?

<Hugonel> (from our perspective was it any longer than it would take to fix a foot-long tear?)

<DiablotinNarrator> From your perspective, Hugo, it took maybe 10-15 minutes? Like, not an unusually long time, you don't think.

<Hugonel> Ahh, perhaps ten minutes or a little longer? Not too long, really.

<Hettienne> Felt like forever...

  • Hettienne shakes her head

<Hugonel> (did I get any response from Eirini?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo - her response was for you to be careful, and that she would go to the First World and see what she could find out about what was going on there.

<Hugonel> Well ... now what? Do we just sit here and wait? Presumably the tear is not just the problem, but also a symptom. And we have a funeral to attend, as well.

  • Loick nods

<Hettienne> So I'll just... show myself out then :p

<Loick> We'll go to the funeral - I'll have someone stay to keep an eye on it and immediately send for me if anything changes.

<Dozilva> Oh you don't have to show yourself out - I can go with you.

<Hettienne> Sure...

<Dozilva> That was very remarkable.

  • Hettienne shrugs

<Hettienne> Thanks.

<Dozilva> Let me take you for breakfast and we can talk further...

<Hettienne> Oh, you don't gotta do that...

<Dozilva> I would like to, though :)

<Hettienne> well alright then :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you can head off and we'll go on to Gen next.

Genevriel learns what the One is

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you had asked to try another night without casting your spell in order to see how that goes.

<Genevriel> (Indeed, I had... with Madds' assistance again, I hope!)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, he'll certainly assist)

<DiablotinNarrator> It was a more restful night than some you've had, at least. You dreamt of being by the seashore with Andri. You walked together, and spotted a shell in the wet sand, and bent to pick it up. It opened to your touch and inside was a single pearl, gleaming and pale.

<DiablotinNarrator> "They form around a grain of sand," Andri said. "Something small and irritating gets inside the shell, and it gradually forms the pearl to protect itself. Something so beautiful, from nothing but a tiny seed. It just takes patience."

<DiablotinNarrator> You turned to look out at the ocean and you could see, as if in the distance, a wave approaching that kept growing and growing in size, until it towered over you. Andri seemed unaware or unconcerned, no matter how you tried to warn him, still admiring the pearl. "Just have patience," he told you again, and you woke up just as the wave crested over your heads. "You'll understand soon."

  • Genevriel does not wake up crying this time.
  • Madds is there when you wake

<Genevriel> (Sleeping himself?)

  • Madds is lightly dozing, yes.

<Genevriel> (In bed or in the chair?)

  • Madds is sitting in the chair but has nodded off.
  • Genevriel stands up and very gently wakes Madds.

<Madds> hm?

<Madds> oh - sorry. I must have fallen asleep. Are you okay?

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Genevriel> I'm fine, thanks - I just wanted to let you know you're off duty and can come to bed.

<Madds> okay...

<Genevriel> Thank you for staying up for me.

<Madds> it's no trouble. you didn't have any bad dreams?

  • Genevriel offers him a hand up out of the chair.
  • Genevriel shakes her head.

<Genevriel> No, not a bad one this time.

<Genevriel> At least I don't think it was...

  • Madds nods drowsily

<Madds> do you want to talk about it?

  • Genevriel smiles. "You're barely awake - maybe in the morning?"

<Madds> all right

  • Madds will get into bed and promptly fall back asleep.
  • Genevriel cuddles up to him, thinking. It's probably a while before she gets back to sleep.
  • Genevriel will share her dream and thoughts with him over breakfast.
  • Madds nods, listening

<Madds> What do you think it means? if anything?

<Genevriel> I'm not certain, yet... But the wave imagery is similar to the feeling I had when the Chrestomath clarified my memory for me...

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> And being a seed, something that has to grow... that also echoes some of the things I've learned over the past couple of years.

<Genevriel> Lathra translated some of the things the voices say in my dreams... oh, ages ago now. It went "You are the instrument; We are the song / You are the brush; We are the colours / You are the fuel; We are the fire / You are the harvest; We are the seed"

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> I don't really know what any of it means, though. Not yet.

<Genevriel> I don't know whether to be worried or not. I don't really feel worried, right now.

<Madds> Well - I guess if you believe your dream, you will learn, as long as you're patient?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> But what will I learn? Will it be something I can live with, or not?

<Madds> that I don't know.

<Genevriel> I... seem to have twisted death into life somehow... And is that a good thing?

<Genevriel> Well, at least Andri didn't have a skull for a face this time.

<Madds> well.. if it means that you're still here, I have to think it's a good thing.

  • Genevriel smiles a bit ruefully.

<Genevriel> Hopefully you'll still think that when time's up and I become... or learn... whatever I'm supposed to become or learn.

<Madds> do you want to talk to August about it? maybe he can figure out more of what it means. I know it helps you to talk to him, too.

<Genevriel> You're right, that's probably a good idea.

<Genevriel> Do you... want to come with me?

<Madds> Sure.

  • Genevriel looks pleasantly surprised and grateful.
  • Madds will certainly accompany you to have coffee with August.
  • Genevriel knocks on August's door... She didn't have time to bake stuff today, so she made Madds stop at a bakery somewhere along the way to pick up some treats.

<Genevriel> (Stop with me)

<Genevriel> (I'm not making him my errand boy.  ;) )

<Madds> (heh, okay)

  • August opens the door and smiles to see you there.

<August> Ah, what a nice surprise :) always good to see you.

<Genevriel> Hi M. Merrion. Thanks... I didn't have anything home-baked today, but we picked up some cinnamon rolls...

<August> so thoughtful :) please, come in... I'll put on some coffee.

<Genevriel> Thank you... That'll be lovely.

<Genevriel> I hope it's all right that I brought Madds along...

<August> of course!

  • Genevriel looks relieved.
  • August welcomes you into his kitchen and will put on some coffee, as promised.

<Genevriel> I tried sleeping without the spell again last night, and it didn't seem like a bad dream. Just more enigmas. I just wanted to run things by you, and since Madds has had the questionable taste of falling in love with an enigma, it seemed fair that he shoudl hear your thoughts about the dream and other things. Also he is quite clever so he might be able to help us piece things together, if there's anything to piece.

  • August nods, listening
  • Genevriel will describe the dream to him, and explain about her memory of the night she nearly died (?) / saved the boy, and refresh his memory about the little rhyme that Lathra translated.

<Genevriel> So, those are the pieces I have so far...

  • August considers as he eats a cinnamon roll.

<Genevriel> Also... the phrase "the Dark Tapestry" seemed familiar to me when we went to the First World the first time. I'm not sure if that's another piece.

<August> This may be unrelated, but do you remember Patience? She's another... like me. I have to say, it was the first thing that came to mind when you told me about your dream. She's the youngest of us, that I know of, and may have some insight as being the most recently, ah, deceased.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I do remember Patience, yes... If you think she could help, I'd be willing to speak with her.

<August> all right.

<August> I can ask her to come over now if you like?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> If she's free, certainly.

<Genevriel> It's the weekend - I didn't have any plans. You?

  • Genevriel asks Madds.
  • Madds shakes his head
  • August can get on the phone with Patience (or probably Rab, really, but whatever ;)
  • Patience will come over, so you can chit chat while you wait, but it doesn't take her a very long time to get there.
  • Patience smiles shyly to see you again, looking a bit nervous.

<Patience> Hello... August said you wanted to talk to me?

  • Genevriel smiles a bit nervously herself.

<Genevriel> Hello; he suggested you might be able to help figure me out, yes...

<Patience> I can try.

<Genevriel> Thank you. And this is Maddox Falgout, my, ah, partner.

<Patience> nice to meet you, M. Falgout.

<Madds> You as well.

  • Genevriel sits back down and takes a sip of her coffee.

<Genevriel> So... I'm not sure how much you remember about me from the last time we met...

<Patience> I remember that you had some unusual powers and abilities, and were trying to figure out where they came from.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I have learned a few new things, but I'm not really any closer to figuring it all out, I don't think. But I'll explain what I do know... or feel... and then we can try to see if anything makes sense.

<Patience> All right.

<Genevriel> August thought that... since you were in the Centre the most recently, you might have some insight into things...

<Patience> I can try...

  • Genevriel will describe her powers, the entity(ies) that she calls the One from whom she draws the powers, how she came into the power, describe both this recent nice(?) dream and the earlier unpleasant one.

<Genevriel> And then there's this... not really a poem... but thing that the One, or the dead, maybe... say...

  • Genevriel recites You are the instrument; We are the song / You are the brush; We are the colours / You are the fuel; We are the fire / You are the harvest; We are the seed
  • Patience listens attentively but when you get to the part about the words in your dream and the words spoken by the voices, she looks shocked and puts her hand over her mouth, her eyes welling up with tears.

<Patience> Oh... oh it worked :o I didn't know...

<Genevriel> And when I was back in Psyra, the One said 'As the fire allows the seeds to grow stronger, so your strength emerges from your suffering. Like the lyre, our song speaks through you, and you will carry our words: we are all one. Here at the hub of the wheel, where all is still, we embrace you. Be at peace, child."

<Genevriel> What?

<Genevriel> What worked?

  • Patience is still overcome with emotion, but tries to explain.
  • Genevriel is pale and a bit frightened.

<Patience> When I was... before I was me, I was a woman named Pasith. I ... she... was caught in the Void after she died. After we died. I don't know how to express it, I'm sorry if this is confused. She almost forgot herself, and became lost there. But she was able to remember, to focus herself... there was someone who visited her, and it reminded her of who she was, and why she was there.

<Patience> With that little core of herself remaining, she gathered the ... power, the energy there... all the souls of the dead who couldn't be reborn, or who were lost... and she must have... it must have worked :o

<Patience> She ... I...could have become a god, with that much power at her fingertips, but that wasn't what she wanted. She wanted to let it... them... decide.

<Genevriel> The souls?

  • Patience nods, still wiping tears from her eyes

<Genevriel> Let them decide what...?

<Patience> What to become.

<Patience> They must have become One.

<Genevriel> Okay...

  • Genevriel is having trouble absorbing this, let alone what it might mean for her.

<Genevriel> So they... chose to become a god, instead of being reborn like... normal souls?

<Patience> I ... I didn't know what happened after I came back. Whether they moved on, or became something else, or were re-absorbed into the cycle of souls.

<Patience> but if they are what is giving you your power, then ... yes, I think... they are a divine force now.

<Genevriel> It's not just me. There's another woman, who did interpret her voices as those of the dead.

  • Patience nods

<Genevriel> All right...

  • Genevriel turns to Madds wordlessly, looking kind of overwhelmed.
  • Madds looks fairly stunned as well, but puts his arm around you.
  • Genevriel seems to take strength from his kindness.

<Madds> Let's take some time to think about all of this, and what it means. You don't need to jump to any decisions or anything right now.

<Genevriel> I should tell Philida.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Serpent's already such a hard sell. How is the One going to fit into society...?

  • Genevriel looks bewildered but also relieved that it's not some ancient evil.

<Genevriel> (Although there are undoubtedly ancient evils mixed in with the ancient goods, as we know from that witch-lady's chat with the outer planar being)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, we need to move along, but you can ponder that ;)

<Genevriel> (yup, thanks - Gen doesn't have anything more to say anyway, right now! Too overwhelmed.)

Aubrienne, Jed, and Tits follow Princesses Ilphere and Vera away from the Emperor's funeral

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Aubrienne's turn :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you are of course included in the memorial service for the late Emperor Marl. Titania certainly wants you at her side as she attends the state funeral for her father, as well as the more private close friends/family gathering afterwards.

<DiablotinNarrator> The state funeral is mostly a lot of sitting quietly and listening to speeches and church ceremony.

<DiablotinNarrator> The after party is where they put the fun in funeral ;p

  • Aubrienne will try not to put too much fun in funeral

<Aubrienne> (Mostly sticking near Titania and being supportive)

<Tits> Thanks for coming... I know this isn't super fun :/

  • Tits is in her full princess mourning dress and hates it, for the record ;p
  • Aubrienne shrugs.

<Aubrienne> I wasn't going to abandon you to this.

<DiablotinNarrator> Others in attendance include Princess Ilphere, Princess Vera (with Jed as her +1), all the rest of the Imperial family, the various inner circle of governmental office-holders (so Guy, Loick, Fredericia, Aden, etc.), the Patriarch, and others of the late Emperor's close friends (including probably several mistresses or former mistresses ;p)

<Aubrienne> (scandalous :p)

<Tits> At least the food is good...

  • Tits says, snagging some canapés from a passing waiter.

<Aubrienne> There is that.

<Tits> I can't wait to re-open the club. Zola is already asking to do a big show when we do.

<Aubrienne> (How does Tits seem to be doing?)

  • Tits seems to be okay, a bit grumpy from being forced back into court dynamics, but it's distracting her from feeling sad, so it's not entirely a bad thing.

<Aubrienne> That sounds nice. Maybe a bit of normalcy for a change. Or what passes for normal for us.

  • Tits smiles at that
  • Aubrienne smiles back encouragingly.

<Tits> I'd like that for a while. Just ... something normal.

<Tits> or maybe we could take a vacation...

  • Tits says a bit wistfully

<Aubrienne> That'd be nice. Somewhere where you can just be you?

  • Tits nods

<DiablotinNarrator> A tall man in an army uniform with dark hair and a serious expression comes over and bows politely to Titania.

  • Tits nods politely in return

<Tits> Bryson... thank you for coming, I didn't know if we should expect you or not.

  • Bryson Arguelles was one of the attempted candidates for Emperor, as you may recall - obviously not the successful one...

<Bryson> Of course I wanted to be here, Princess. I had a great deal of respect for your father.

<Tits> Thank you.

<Tits> I know it's probably a difficult time for you as well.

<Bryson> Oh... because of the election? Well, it was certainly disappointing, but I will stand behind whoever is chosen, of course.

  • Tits nods

<Tits> Oh, I haven't introduced my wife - Aubrienne, this is Bryson Arguelles. A friend of the family.

<Aubrienne> Nice to meet you, M. Arguelles.

<Bryson> Pleased to meet you as well.

<Aubrienne> Perhaps not so much under these circumstances, of course.

<Bryson> Yes, certainly.

<Bryson> My wife is trying to talk me into returning to her home in Psyra. Perhaps if we do, you would like to pay a visit in a few months - once things have quieted down. You and your brothers would certainly be welcome.

<Tits> Thank you, that's very kind. We'll keep your offer in mind :)

<Aubrienne> That's a very generous offer, thank you. I've never been, and it would be nice to get out of the city for a while.

  • Jedrezj meanders over to you, Aubrienne, and makes some 'wink wink' motions that (hopefully) no one else notices

<Aubrienne> (I take it that means he's trying to get a moment for a private conversation?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes. not the 'heyyy hot stuff' wink wink ;)

<Aubrienne> (Heh, I figured)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Jed probably knows better ;)

  • Aubrienne will excuse herself for a moment and head towards Jed

<Aubrienne> Smooth. Good thing I was in charge of misdirection for our act. ;)

<Jedrezj> ha ha...

<Jedrezj> Look, Vera and her mother just got weird looks and said they had to take off. Something is up.

<Jedrezj> Also my date abandoned me in a room full of strangers who mostly hate me, so I need company ;p

<Aubrienne> That can't be the first time that's happened. :p

<Aubrienne> But that is concerning. No idea what happened?

<Jedrezj> No, but it was weird. I mean it's not just me, this is her uncle's funeral and she just took off like someone lit her ass on fire.

<Aubrienne> Hmm.

<Jedrezj> Want to go find out what's happening? If you come with me, then if we get caught they might not just kill me on sight ;p

  • Aubrienne stifles a laugh at that.

<Aubrienne> Let me let Titania know what I'm doing.

<Aubrienne> Be right beck.

  • Aubrienne will head over to Titania and speak to her quietly.

<Aubrienne> Will you be all right if I step out for a minute?

<Tits> yes, sure - what's wrong?

<Aubrienne> Jed said Ilphere and Vera both got weird looks on their faces and slipped out. We wanted to see what was going on, just in case.

  • Tits frowns, looking a bit worried at that.

<Tits> Do you want me to come with you?

<Aubrienne> You're welcome to if you like, if you want a distraction.

<Tits> sure

  • Aubrienne gives a concerned smile.

<Aubrienne> Shall we then?

  • Aubrienne takes Titania's hand and heads back to Jed.

<Jedrezj> okay, so, they went this way...

  • Jedrezj says, gesturing towards one of the doors, and will lead you, with Titania's help because she actually lived her and knows her way around.

<DiablotinNarrator> You head off and wander around the palace for a bit, with Tits making suggestions of which way to go occasionally.

<Jedrezj> I'm going to try to Locate Object on Vera's engagement ring...

  • Jedrezj says, casually dropping into conversation that she has an engagement ring ;)
  • Jedrezj casts the spell

<Jedrezj> this way...

<Aubrienne> (Sorry, got called away for a second)

<Aubrienne> Whoa, hold on...engagement ring!?

<Jedrezj> oh .. yeah :)

<Aubrienne> Congratulations!

<Aubrienne> Also...

<Jedrezj> thanks :)

  • Aubrienne smacks his arm

<Aubrienne> Why didn't you tell me before now?

<Jedrezj> everything has been kind of crazy...

<Jedrezj> and they're not announcing it until after the funeral and everything is done...

  • Jedrezj leads the three of us to a hidden door, which leads to a secret passage, and a staircase down...
  • Tits eyes it dubiously

<Aubrienne> I'm sure I've mentioned this before, sweetie, but you're childhood home is kind of spooky.

<Tits> Yeah.

<Aubrienne> (Your, rather)

<Tits> I really can't argue with that.

  • Aubrienne will lead the way down as quietly as she can.

<Tits> This is the way to where the Arch used to be...

  • Jedrezj makes an D: face

<Aubrienne> o.O

<DiablotinNarrator> You make your way into an open room which currently contains zero (0) Arches, but two (2) Imperial Princesses, asleep or passed out on the floor.

  • Jedrezj heads over quickly to Vera's side to check if she's okay.

<Aubrienne> (quiet-ish) Jed, wait!

  • Aubrienne casts Detect Magic
  • Jedrezj doesn't touch her, just looks her over

<Jedrezj> she's doing some kind of dream magic, isn't she...

<DiablotinNarrator> That is indeed your conclusion from your Detect Magic spell.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, seems to be.

  • Aubrienne still looks concerned.

<Jedrezj> They shouldn't both do it at the same time - someone should watch over them :/

<Aubrienne> That would make sense.

<Jedrezj> I could try to talk to her - she taught me a spell to let me talk to someone in a dream. or maybe we should just wait until they wake up...

<Aubrienne> Well, I don't want to distract them, but, also, if there's a problem, I'd prefer they had help...

<Aubrienne> Why don't you give it a go?

  • Jedrezj nods

<Tits> Maybe I should get Ruchard? I mean.. after them, he probably knows the most of anyone about dream magic stuff.

<Aubrienne> That makes sense, too.

<Tits> okay. I'll be right back.

  • Jedrezj settles in to try his spell

<Jedrezj> ....

<Jedrezj> uh okay, that was weird.

<Aubrienne> What's the problem?

<Jedrezj> I tried to talk to her but all I kept seeing was the Arch.

<Jedrezj> I don't think she's in a normal dream.

<Aubrienne> All you saw was the Arch?

  • Jedrezj nods

<Aubrienne> That's...concerning.

<Jedrezj> I'm certainly concerned.

  • Tits returns a short while later, as promised, with Ruchard.
  • Ruchard looks seriously annoyed

<Ruchard> Ugh why didn't they tell me they were doing this...?

<Aubrienne> Do you know what they're doing, specifically?

  • Ruchard takes in the scene

<Ruchard> Most likely, given the location, trying to access Andusk. Uh... it's kind of a long story.

  • Ruchard looks at you to see if he needs to explain what that is

<Aubrienne> (Does Aubrienne know what that is?)

<Ruchard> (I... don't think so. But I may be misremembering some mention of it in the past. He can give a brief explanation, at any rate :)

<Ruchard> It's a stable - well, more or less stable - dream plane.

<Aubrienne> (Okie doke)

<Aubrienne> All right...

<Ruchard> It's like a mirror of our world, only ... worse.

<Ruchard> Although it split off from ours some time ago. Anyway.. uh, if they were trying to go there, they would have to have a really good reason - Mother hates travelling there.

  • Ruchard thinks about it a little more
  • Tits looks concerned

<Aubrienne> What would prompt them to make that journey?

<Aubrienne> Particularly now.

<Ruchard> If something was wrong...

<Aubrienne> How worried should we be? Do they need help?

  • Jedrezj looks up, startled. You realize after a moment that there is a bloodstain spreading from his chest, as though he was pierced by a sword, but you can't see whatever did it.

<Aubrienne> Jed!

<Jedrezj> hgh.

  • Aubrienne rushes to him.
  • Tits looks around for whatever caused it. Something rushes by you all, a cold wind.

<Aubrienne> There's something here!

  • Ruchard casts a detect magic to look for it.
  • Jedrezj is wounded, but not (you think) fatally.

<Ruchard> That way!

  • Aubrienne will slip Titania her invisibility ring.
  • Ruchard and Tits will chase after the invisible whatever it is
  • Tits takes it

<Aubrienne> (Or not :p)

<Aubrienne> (oih, heh)

  • Tits can grab it as she goes :)

<Aubrienne> (SK) Jed, hey, stay with me, okay?

  • Ruchard will also sound an alarm as clearly something dangerous is loose in the palace

<Jedrezj> ughgh. my.. suit.... :(

<Aubrienne> That's the spirit.

  • Aubrienne laughs a little manically

<Aubrienne> I don't know...I don't want to leave the princesses...

<Aubrienne> Can I even teleport out of here?

  • Aubrienne 's gaze keeps shifting between Jed, the princesses, and the entrance.

<DiablotinNarrator> I believe you can teleport out of the palace, just not to elsewhere in the palace. so you could teleport to home, say.

<Aubrienne> (I'm pretty sure I know where Lathra lives, right?)

<Tits> (yup)

<Aubrienne> (I'm trying to figure out which one I'd be more familiar with. Probably Lathra's, right?)

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah probably

<Aubrienne> (I'll teleport there then)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> There's a lot of confusion and they'll send guards to search for the intruder(s) and monitor the situation but, on Ruchard's orders, leave the Princesses where they are but keep watch on them.

  • Jedrezj can get healed up by Lathra, I'll assume, although she seems a bit concerned that he might also have been poisoned or something - she'll cast some extra spells to try and make sure he's okay.

<Aubrienne> (I'll yell for Lathra, get her to take care of Jed, then teleport back as close to the palace as I can)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can do so.

  • Tits will find you eventually, looking out of breath and with her hair half hanging down from its fancy hairdo.

<Tits> is Jed okay?

<Aubrienne> I think so. I took him to Lathra's. She said he might have been poisoned, but she's on it.

<Aubrienne> Are you all right?

<Aubrienne> Did they find the thing?

<Tits> They're still looking. They aren't entirely sure what the thing is. But ... it sounds bad.

<Tits> Something about boundaries breaking down between worlds... things getting through that shouldn't. I think Ruchard thinks they were trying to stop it.

<Aubrienne> By stabbing Jed?

<Aubrienne> *sigh*

<Tits> I don't know all the details, but he said something about people there who hate Shadar-kai, and would try to come here just to kill as many of them as they could. But... then I thought too about the thing at the club, when all those Shadar-kai were stabbed and it opened a portal for the Cold Rider to come through. Maybe it was something like that...

<Aubrienne> Yeah, that was my thought. I did feel a sensation of cold...

  • Tits nods

<Aubrienne> Were you wanting to head home? I'd like to maybe sit with the princesses for a while, stick around and find out what happened, but it's already been a rough day for you...

<Tits> Anyway... the funeral is done, since they made everyone go home. I guess we can too. Or at least until the new Emperor is finally chosen, we can stick around here and see what happens. I don't think anyone will kick us out, at least.

<Tits> we should stay.

  • Tits says wearily.

<Aubrienne> All right. I really need to learn some kind of 'summon comfy chair or couch' spell.

  • Tits smiles a little at that.

<Tits> Well fortunately there are some of those around.

<Aubrienne> Shall we?

<Tits> let's.

  • Tits takes your hand and you can go find a comfy couch to sit on until a) something else goes wrong or b) you are needed elsewhere ;)

<Aubrienne> (heh, all right)

Solos

Denise and Argent's Adventures in the Arch

<DiablotinNarrator> how is Argent carrying Denise? I just want to know what her view of all this will be :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (like, shoulder-height, or mostly inside a pocket, or what ;)

<Argent> Im guessing shoulder height

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • Denise holds on for dear life :V

<Denise> (or she can just make a nest in his hair ;)

<Argent> (at least I can hear your squeeks)

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent and Denise (in ratte form) pass through the Arch. At first you feel a cold darkness around you and then a warmer feeling. You look around and see a grassy landscape with rolling hills and flowers, and a pond with a natural stone arch standing in the middle of it, reflected in the still water.

<DiablotinNarrator> There is a small house near the pond. It feels a little like when you were in the First World, but not quite as ... wild or uncontrolled.

  • Denise sniffs the air

<Denise> (is it like at Jonas's place?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, yes, it does remind you of Jonas's home in some ways.

<DiablotinNarrator> Not the same place, but similar.

  • Argent looks for any indication of where our target went or is, tracks or anything

<DiablotinNarrator> The air smells fresh, Denise, and you can smell the wildflowers.

<Denise> (any people?)

  • Denise will scamper down form Argent

<DiablotinNarrator> From all around you, you hear that same chanting sound, but further away.

<Argent> lets check the house

<DiablotinNarrator> Out from the little cottage steps a woman with red hair. She looks young, or at least not old, but also old, and not at all young. Folded against her back is a pair of colourful wings.

  • Denise will turn back into herself

<Woman> You heard me.

  • Woman 's voice is the same one that spoke to you, Argent

<Argent> that was you in my head

  • Argent will approach her

<Denise> did you call Yvie too?

<Woman> yes. I hoped you would come. I didn't expect other company, but there is surely a reason for it.

<Woman> (that was a yes to Argent)

<Argent> this my friend Denise, her sister was called to guard the Arch

  • Woman nods

<Argent> who are you?

<Woman> My name is Katha. I am your mother.

<Argent> you looked different in my dream, I should have recognized you

  • Argent is a little embarassed

<Katha> It's all right. You saw a symbol of me, rather than what I am. It's common with children and their parents, I think.

<Argent> I guess...

  • Denise looks perplexed at that

<Argent> Revelyne, what has happened to her?

<Katha> I would like to talk more, but it is urgent that you find her. She is at work unravelling the barriers between the planes.

<Katha> Her aim may be one thing, but it will have more dire consequences than she knows.

<Denise> grat >:|

<Argent> How do I find her?

<Denise> we'll stop her alright

  • Katha steps over to the pond.
  • Argent follows
  • Katha gestures to the Arch-stone in the middle of the pond. You can see that the sky reflected in the water is not the sky that's above you - it's night and there are stars, while here it's daylight.

<Katha> The Arch in each world is at risk. Even small worlds such as my own. As a former guardian of the Arch, I can help to keep it stable from here.

<Argent> and we need to go through and find her

<Katha> If you pass through, I can send you to her.

  • Katha nods

<Argent> She is being controlled by a Cyste isn't she

<Denise> No, I think she's just dumb

<Denise> like, I mean, they lied to her

<Argent> manipulated then

<Katha> She is not - not in the way you are imagining. But they hold those dear to her and she believes by doing this, she will aid them.

<Denise> they got hostages?

<Katha> Of a sort, yes.

<Denise> great

<Argent> we stop her, then deal with that

<Argent> Maybe we can talk her down... if not...

  • Argent steels himself for what he may have to do
  • Denise nods

<Denise> where is she?

  • Argent takes Denise's hand

<Katha> Between worlds.

<Denise> back through the arch then?

<Argent> through her arch

<Argent> Katha will guide us there

  • Denise says arch slowly, looking at the one in the water
  • Katha nods

<Argent> (how big is the arch? do we have to walk or can I just fly us in?)

<Katha> (You could fly in - it's big enough for that)

<Argent> when this is over and things have calmed down, I'd like to come back and talk with you, if thats possible

  • Argent says to Katha

<Katha> Yes. Your father knows the way here, if he can remember it.

  • Argent nods

<Argent> carry or rat?

  • Argent says to Denise

<Denise> rat

  • Denise turns and willclimb back abouard Argent Air

<Argent> goodbye Mother

  • Argent will fly through the arch

<DiablotinNarrator> You pass through the (second) Arch and feel the vast coldness again, but this time it doesn't let up. It feels like it just goes on and on forever. Maybe it does.

<DiablotinNarrator> You look around you and see stars, but it's like they're all connected with strands of fine silk that glisten in the faint light.

  • Denise chitters, wrapping her tail around your neck
  • Argent hopes with the damage Revelyne is doing, where she is located is obvious

<DiablotinNarrator> Ahead of you, though, you can see a gap in the web - a place where the threads are broken, where the blackness is not stopped by anything.

  • Argent thinks while he searches the vastness for her
  • Argent points

<Argent> that must be it

  • Denise squeaks in agreement
  • Argent flies toward it
  • Denise wonders how to fight in this place :o

<DiablotinNarrator> You head toward that area. As you draw nearer (or, maybe it comes nearer to you, it's hard to say) you can see a woman with scissors cutting through the threads. As each one snaps there is a high pitched ringing screaming sound.

<DiablotinNarrator> You get the sense that from the blackness beyond, something is staring back at you, hungrily, impatiently.

<Argent> Revelyne! STOP!

  • Argent shouts out

<Denise> . o O (Stop bein' dumb)

  • Revelyne turns to look at you, but cuts another strand.

<Revelyne> I can't stop. This is the only way.

<Denise> (is she just like... floating there or what?)

<Argent> No its not the only way, you're doing more damage that you realize. Don't let them use you like this!

  • Argent is still approaching her
  • Denise will see what happens if she steps up off of Argent for a second

<DiablotinNarrator> You can step off of Argent and keep moving. It's a bit like being underwater, but you can move around.

<Denise> (okay. I argent is fster I'll stick with him ;)

<Revelyne> You don't understand.

<Argent> Then stop and explain it to me

  • Revelyne looks calm and determined.

<Revelyne> All these other worlds - all these worlds full of monsters, foul creatures of evil, abominations - touching ours. Bound to ours. Severing the connection between them is the only way to truly keep our world safe.

<Denise> . o O (you are so dumb)

<Argent> Your wrong, your opening a hole between them all, you're going to let all those monster in

<Revelyne> They explained it to me. This is the way that's best for our people - for humans. Not for whatever you are.

<Denise> . o O (grrrrrr)

  • Revelyne says with some disgust, eyeing your wings.
  • Denise will turn back into a human

<Denise> Well *I'm* a human and I cant beiveve someone so stuopid gote picked to be empress

<Argent> Stop being blinded by fear

<Denise> (stupid got)

<Revelyne> We will only be truly safe when they're all cut off. All these... growths. Adhesions. Cancers feeding off our world.

<Denise> Like - this is only *one* way these places are connected

<Denise> so this ain't even gonna work

<Denise> ;cause you're not geting all the tree ones, just the arch ones

<Denise> an youre just lettin in worse things

  • Revelyne glares at you and cuts one more thread.

<Denise> (how close are we)

<DiablotinNarrator> it feels like about say 15-20 feet from her, but distance is weird here...

<Denise> YOu knwo the peopel who told you all that got mosters in'em right?

<Denise> Like, they can't even go out in the sun

<Argent> I am Argent, son of Katha, blood of the Serpent and this foolishness ends NOW

  • Argent sunbeams her
  • Denise will try and surge forward and grapple her once that hits

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you can sunbeam her and you hear from the blackness beyond the stars a shriek as though whatever was beyond there is backing away from the light.

<Denise> see?

  • Denise says before she grabs her

<Denise> dumb >:|

  • Revelyne holds up her scissors to try and stab you with them, Denise.

<Denise> (yeah she can try)

<Denise> (I mean I guess I can activate my armor but I'm also willing to just take it)

<Revelyne> She can jam them into your arm and you can basically shrug that off. I mean, it hurts, but you can take the damage.

<Denise> (yeah)

<Denise> (My goal is to grab hold of her and disarm her)

<DiablotinNarrator> well... her only weapon is now in your arm, so... mission accomplished.

<Denise> (Yup! I'll take them, if I can. Oherthwise I guess Argent can)

<Denise> (Are they liek NOrn Hettie's scissors?)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, rather like that :)

<Denise> (cool)

  • Argent will close drawing his rapier

<Denise> Those ain't even your sciccors. They're* fae* scissors you stupid twit.

<Denise> (scissors)

<Denise> (DO I have her grabbed?)

<Argent> (so is she grappled, just want to understand the situation)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes, she is now grappled.

<Denise> Now what, Argent?

  • Argent points the blade at her
  • Revelyne struggles but is no match for Denise's strength

<Denise> we gotta take her back out... somewhere?

<Argent> Do we?

<Denise> uh.

<Denise> I ain't just leavin' her here....

  • Denise gives you a questioning looke, where the question is 'are we just killing her or what?'

<Argent> Revelyne Fourre, as an annotied Inquistor for Way of the Wheel, I do hereby charge you with threatening to destroy the barriers between the planes. How do you stand in judgement?

<Revelyne> You.. you what?

  • Revelyne sputters angrily
  • Denise laughs

<Denise> you are so dumb

<Denise> Like

<Revelyne> How dare you judge me?! You ... you abomination!

<Argent> (I mean "annointed Inquisitor for the Way of the Wheel")

<Denise> (I wish I could just like, break her neck. I woudl do it right now)

<Argent> I see that there is no remorse in you, no knowledge of the wrong you have done

  • Argent closes his eyes

<Argent> Therefore, I wish you well on your next journey through the cycle

  • Denise will break her neck, then, if she can

<Argent> may you earn redemption for your crimes

<Denise> (Or argent can stab her at the same time so we can share culpability)

  • Argent will run her through while Denise breaks her neck

<DiablotinNarrator> There is a crunching sound as you break her neck, while Argent also stabs her with his blade.

<DiablotinNarrator> You look at the threads tying the planes together and as you watch, you can see one gradually rejoin the next, and the next, like some invisible hand is binding them back together.

  • Denise lets go of the corpse and puts the scissors away

<Denise> Um....

<DiablotinNarrator> Her body just kind of floats there - what will you do with it?

<Argent> looks like we were in time

  • Denise nods
  • Argent will grab the body

<Denise> now what?

<Denise> DO we gotta... bring her back?

<Argent> (have candidates disappeared in the arch before... im pretty sure thats happened?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yup, it has happened in the past)

<Argent> no... but I want to see if she has any other clues on her

<DiablotinNarrator> (it would be up to the Arch Guardian normally to say 'yeah they're not coming back')

  • Argent will give her a search

<DiablotinNarrator> She doesn't have anything else on her, but that would be expected - they usually send them through the Arch with nothing.

<Denise> how did she even *get* these....

  • Argent will sunbeam the body to ash

<Argent> (or searing light... whichever works best)

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll assume you can destroy her body.

<Argent> lets go

  • Denise looks out at all the points of light, with no idea which one is home

<Denise> okay @_@

<Argent> (assuming I can figure out how to get home)

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, when you look around, you feel drawn to one of the specks of light in particular.

  • Argent points

<Argent> There

  • Argent will let Denise re-rat and will fly us
  • Denise will ratte up and settle in, thiking abotu what they just did

<Denise> . o O (Are we going to be in trouble? Will anyone ever even know? Are they gonna have to pick someone else?)

<DiablotinNarrator> You head towards it and it gradually gets bigger, opening before you into a portal that you can pass through. You re-emerge into the room with the circle of Arch Guardians, who look relieved and a little surprised to see you.

  • Argent sets Denise down
  • Denise is probably healed up by now (maybe? Dunno howtime works there), but bloody - some hers, some Revelyne's

<DiablotinNarrator> When they see you, they drop their circle and stop their chant. Some of them just sit down, exhausted, while others look dazed and stunned. Yvie will run over to hug you, though, Denise, and Margaux makes her way to Argent to do likewise.

  • Denise turns back into herself and then the blood is probably more apparent

<Margaux> Are you all right?

  • Denise picks her sister up and gives her a biiiiiig hug

<Yvie> Denise, you came back! I knew you would! I helped hold the big circle together :)

<Argent> I'll be fine.

<Denise> I bet you did a real good job, Yvie

  • Argent looks to the other guardians

<Argent> Its done

  • Silvia looks drained and tired, but Chalniss nods.

<Chalniss> I'll tell them she has failed the test.

<Denise> yeah no kiddin' >.>

<Argent> she had shears, norn shears. I don't know if she had brought them in with her or they were given to her inside.

<Denise> these...

  • Denise holds them

<Chalniss> She had nothing when she entered. Somehow she must have obtained those from within.

<Denise> I'm gonna give them to Aunt Hettie :3

<Denise> hmm

  • Argent nods

<Denise> well.... maybe the tree portals *do* go to the same place , and the cyst fa gave them to her...

<Denise> but thejn why not just have them do it :p

<Argent> we're not supposed to be here, we should leave Denise

  • Denise sighs, and then nods

<Denise> What abotu Yvie?

  • Chalniss looks to Yvie.

<Denise> Is she an arch guardian now? Does she gotta stay or can she come home.... at least for now?

<Chalniss> My duties here will end with the choosing of this emperor. You've been called to take my place. But for now... go home and take a little time with your family.

  • Yvie looks a little scared and a little awe-struck and nods.

<Denise> :/

  • Denise nods to and takes her hand
  • Yvie will go home with you, Denise. Margaux would like to stay and make sure the next candidate isn't also a crazy person, Argent.
  • Argent nods understanding
  • Margaux gives you a kiss and tells you hopefully she'll be home soon.

Genevriel shares what she has learned about the One with Philida

  • Genevriel would have contacted Philida to let her know that she has some new information about our weird divine abilities, and would like to meet with her to chat with her about them. She'll have arranged to meet Philida at a cafe or something.
  • Philida will certainly meet with you, it sounds intriguing
  • Philida arrives at the appointed meeting time
  • Genevriel smiles and waves Philida over to the table.

<Genevriel> Hi Philida - how are you today?

<Philida> I'm all right - how are you?

<Genevriel> Good, thanks... Feeling relieved but also a bit overwhelmed by what I've learned, though.

<Genevriel> Have a seat. :)

  • Philida will take a seat and order some coffee.

<Genevriel> So - you were right about the voices.

<Philida> I was?

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Philida looks surprised

<Philida> How do you know? I mean... are you sure?

<Genevriel> As sure as I can be.

<Genevriel> I spoke to the ah... the reincarnation of Matriarch Belden. It appears that they are indeed the dead. When the Arch was separated into two halves, for all those centuries, souls weren't being reborn. They were sort of caught in limbo...

<Genevriel> When she died, she was with them. And she... gathered them all together and gave them the ability to choose what would become of them now that the Arch was whole again and souls could be reborn once more. She said there was so much power - she could have used it to become a god. But she didn't want to so she enabled them to choose.

<Philida> well... that was nice of her, I suppose @_@

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Until I spoke to her, she didn't know what their choice had been. But it seems that they chose to become One, a new divine force. And you and I - maybe there are more whom we haven't yet encountered - we're... I guess... the conduits for their divine power.

<Genevriel> What that means I still don't really know. Hence the feeling of being overwhelmed.

<Genevriel> But knowing where our powers came from, who I am in the service of... that's a relief.

<Genevriel> I figured you'd want to know.

<Philida> I do, thank you... I mean, I don't really understand it all, but I would rather know what you think is going on than not know.

<Philida> Do you have any idea why us? why we were chosen?

  • Genevriel shakes her head.

<Genevriel> Not yet. And I don't know if I like the idea that I was 'chosen'... I begged for help and the One gave it.

<Genevriel> However, they speak Celestial, at least the ones I hear most clearly. So in time, maybe I'll be able to figure out 'why me' if I keep listening.

  • Philida nods

<Philida> Do you think... they still know who they are? or were? Like... could we talk to someone specific?

<Genevriel> The things they do say seem to indicate there is some sort of plan, but I don't know what it is. Maybe just to let people know they exist? I don't know.

<Genevriel> I don't know... You could try, maybe...

<Genevriel> But be careful, if you do.

  • Philida nods
  • Genevriel has mixed feelings about that idea.

<Philida> I don't know if I really want to, but... I mean, I have people I've lost, like anyone I suppose. People I wish I could hear from again.

<Genevriel> I don't know anything more about any of this than you, now. But I feel like... it would be way too easy to misstep, to start abusing the power because... we're something new. The

<Genevriel> One is something new. There aren't any rules or guidelines for us... We'll have to make them up as we go along, if the One doesn't give us any instructions.

  • Philida nods

<Philida> Maybe it explains a little why your powers and mine are different - or why what we experience is different. There have to be a lot of souls...

  • Genevriel nods. "Millions, I expect."

<Philida> Souls not just from our world but from every world...?

  • Philida guesses

<Genevriel> Gods, possibly. I don't even know.

<Genevriel> (I was using 'gods' as a swear word there. In case that isn't clear.  ;) )

<DiablotinNarrator> (Hee)

<Genevriel> (Not suggesting there are souls of gods in the mix. Though there may be, I suppose. :o )

<Genevriel> It's all new.

  • Philida sips her coffee
  • Genevriel sips hers as well, not quite sure what to do with the weight of this knowledge.

<Philida> well... maybe we should try to find others like us

<Philida> we can't be the only ones

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I hope not.

<Philida> maybe the more of us who get together and talk about this, the more we'll learn.

<Genevriel> A good thought.

<Genevriel> And we should keep trying to figure things out as much as we can, on our own, as well. I will let you know if I learn anything more. I hope you might do the same for me?

<Philida> Of course.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> I really should talk to that boy. Maybe he is one of us since he is alive because of the One, same as you and I.

  • Genevriel thinks aloud.

<Genevriel> It's a place to start, anyway - since we both very nearly died. Maybe if there are others, they also did.

  • Philida nods

<Genevriel> I'm not sure how to talk to a boy whose companions I killed, though.

<Philida> I was considering placing ads in the paper, or on the radio... just something general, like ... "Do you have powers you don't understand? Did you almost die at any point?" And then give them a number to contact.

<Philida> It might attract some weirdos but maybe some genuine people like us too.

  • Genevriel grins.

<Genevriel> I'm not great with people so I'll leave that avenue of investigation to you.

  • Philida nods

<Genevriel> But let me know if you do find some genuine ones. Ones?

  • Genevriel chuckles.
  • Philida smiles at that

<Philida> I will.

<Genevriel> How strange life is...

  • Genevriel shakes her head, bemused. Well, seriously, how do you deal with being the representatives for a previously non-existent religion?

<Philida> yes... but it sounds like death is just as strange.

<Genevriel> Amen to that.

<Genevriel> Well...

  • Genevriel takes a deep breath.

<Genevriel> Do you have anyone close to you who can help you through this? It's all so strange.

  • Genevriel is so grateful for Madds being a rock.

<Philida> Well.. my sister, I guess. I've been staying with her since I got back from the war. She doesn't really understand it, but she's willing to listen.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Genevriel> That sounds about right. Well, I'm glad you have someone. That's a good thing.

  • Philida nods

<Philida> (anything else you wanted to add?)

<Genevriel> (no, I think that's good. We can just pretend they small talk until the coffee date is done.)

Genevriel thinks about starting religions

<Genevriel> (Since going for walks probably isn't really a thing we do, I figure this could be a quiet evening at home again, a few days after the meeting with Patience.)

<Genevriel> (We will go for walks again someday, I hope! ^-^)

<Genevriel> (Poor gimpy Madds)

<Madds> (okay - not sure if timeline wise we have a few days, but it can be after that meeting at least :)

<Genevriel> (ok)

<Genevriel> (no wibbley-wobbley timey wimey stuff  ;) )

  • Genevriel is a little restless this evening. Can't sit still and read or anything.

<Madds> (as long as you promise not to talk about any current events like who is Emperor, it can be whenever I guess ;)

<Genevriel> (Emperor? Who cares about that? ;D )

<Madds> what's on your mind?

  • Madds asks, recognizing the signs

<Genevriel> Well... everything!

  • Genevriel spins on one foot, turning away from the window to face Madds.

<Madds> everything?

  • Madds asks, smiling slightly

<Genevriel> I... just... I really need to revive the Underemployed Philosophers Club. At least for one evening. Are you up for it?

  • Genevriel is oblivious if that is innuendo.

<Genevriel> (Too preoccupied!)

<Madds> (no I think he's just mildly amused that you are thinking about everything in the universe at once :)

<Genevriel> (Hee!)

<Madds> sure.

<Genevriel> Okay. Up for discussion tonight: If you found yourself in the position of starting a new religion, would you? Should you? Especially without any guidance from your patron deity.

  • Madds considers that for a moment

<Madds> Religions typically are about providing some kind of rules for people to live by. If you have no information from the deity responsible, who would be making up those rules? You?

<Genevriel> Evidently, yes. Which is an enormous burden - hence the 'would you/should you' question.

<Genevriel> You might have help from a few other people who have been gifted with powers from what is apparently the same deity.

<Madds> Well I want to know the parameters of what I'd be committing to first.

<Madds> So I (and maybe these few other people, assuming they even agree with me) are making up some rules for people to live by.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Madds> And why should anyone listen to me? What's the selling point? "Live by these guidelines and you'll go to the Center" or "you'll have a better life next time" or "the deity won't punish you horrifically" or whatever?

<Madds> because obviously since this hypothetical religion is new, it can't rely on the weight of hundreds and thousands of years of "that's just how we've always done it" to get by.

<Genevriel> Exactly! The only selling point I can think of is "Because it's the right thing to do," but not everyone is going to buy into that.

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> And what I consider 'the right thing to do' - helping those less fortunate than me, making amends for past wrongs - might not be the right thing for others.

<Madds> Well, the Revelators tried the last option and it hasn't sold very well anyway. They're still around but it's not like they've taken over the Empire or anything.

<Genevriel> And should that be a goal of a religion? Taking over anything?

<Genevriel> I would argue no, it isn't. A religion should be giving people some sense of purpose, but not one that excuses them for lording it over another group of people.

<Genevriel> But a patron deity, trying to gain a foothold might have different ideas about takeovers.

<Madds> Well, if this religion teaches that these actions (whatever they are) are the right thing to do, it suggests there's necessarily a wrong thing to do. And maybe that can be as simple as 'it's right to feed the poor' and 'it's wrong to let people go hungry', but religions seem to wind up taking a broader view of things.

<Madds> like "it's right to follow this religion" and "it's wrong to follow a different religion".

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> And that just doesn't sit well with me. Especially if we ARE all One - what difference does it make?

<Genevriel> Or does that phrase ONLY apply to the deity?

<Madds> I guess you'd have to ask the deity that.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> The deity is not very forthcoming with answers, unfortunately.

<Genevriel> Or hasn't been, to date, at any rate.

<Madds> Maybe there are ways of making it talk.

<Madds> ... that sounded a bit more threatening than I meant.

  • Genevriel giggles.

<Madds> But I mean - powerful clerics have ways to talk to the gods. Maybe you can learn to do something similar.

<Genevriel> Oh... those spells are kind of rage-inducing and often lead to more questions, rather than answers.

<Madds> mm, well, if your choice is no answers, or answers that lead to other questions, which would you choose?

<Genevriel> I would prefer some certainty.

<Genevriel> But that isn't an option.

<Genevriel> This is where that very messy thing, belief, comes into play. Most religions don't let you be certain about anything.

  • Genevriel turns to Madds with a bit of desperation in her eyes.

<Madds> I'm not sure I agree. People can be quite certain in their beliefs.

<Genevriel> Madds, I'm just not moulded to blindly believe in something without knowing the whats, whys, and wherefores. What was the One *thinking*?

<Madds> Probably it was thinking that you'd be great at asking all the questions someone needs to ask in this situation, and at making your own path.

  • Genevriel sits heavily on the couch.

<Madds> I mean, I wouldn't want someone blindly following me.

<Genevriel> The idea of starting a new religion has me recoiling in abject revulsion and terror. *I*'d be much happier just continuing what I've been doing - helping people as much as I can with the power the One has granted me. Maybe that's all the One wants or needs of me. But it doesn't seem *likely* that a new divinity, trying to build its influence in the mortal spheres, would be content with that.

<Genevriel> I am so not cut out for this.

<Madds> Well, what has it asked from you? anything?

  • Genevriel shakes her head.

<Genevriel> Nothing... yet.

<Madds> If it wants something, I'd imagine it will find a way to let you know.

  • Genevriel sighs.

<Genevriel> Probably.

  • Genevriel wrests her thoughts away from the One and refocuses on Madds.

<Genevriel> How are *you* holding out? How weird is this for *you*?

<Madds> you were always weird to me ;)

  • Madds says with a smile

<Madds> I'm holding up alright.

<Genevriel> That's good.

<Genevriel> I wish I wasn't weird, though. :(

  • Madds comes over to put his arm around you

<Madds> But if you were ordinary it'd be so dull :)

<Genevriel> :/

<Madds> Genny... I love that you are worried about these things. I admire you so much for all you've gone through and the person you've become. I trust that you're going to continue to grow and change and find your way, and that it'll work out in the end.

  • Genevriel smiles a little.

<Genevriel> I wish I had as much faith in the One as you have in me.

<DiablotinNarrator> (anything else to add? it's pretty late for me)

<Genevriel> (No, I think we'll have to leave it there. Thanks!)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you're welcome)

Argent and Denise debrief one another

<Curtana> okay. so it might be noon or early afternoon by the time you could meet up again after Denise takes Yvie home.

<Curtana> or you could rest and then meet again in the evening. up to you guys.

<Argent> I wouldnt impose of Denise if she wanted a well deserved rest

<Argent> first

<Denise> she can keep going

<Denise> I mean Argent is welcome to tag along while she takes Yvie home too, if he is willing to handle waiting out any associated dramaz ;p

<Argent> waiting is fine, it will let me attempt to collect myself while you deal with family, i'd just wait outside on my bike

<Denise> okay

<Denise> lol, I wonder if Denise might just tke argent to the Cellar for a drink afterwards ;p

<Curtana> heh, that would work... and possibly be interesting :)

<Argent> I'll go to a spot if Denise chooses it

<Denise> I think she considers it a 'safe spot'

<Denise> people would probably giev her space

<Denise> lets' do it :V

<Argent> ok

  • Argent follows Denise into the Cellar and to whatever spot she chooses
  • Denise will head in then, and commandeer ud a private booth
  • Argent sits/slumps

<Argent> well that was something

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> like.... what do we even sa to anyone about that @_@

<Denise> anything?

<Argent> I think all that needs to be said is we went in and stopped her... the rest, well, thats between me, you and the gods.

<Denise> okay.

<Argent> I'm just.... so angry

  • Argent barely contains his seething
  • Denise nods and orders us beers

<Denise> angry at her?

<Argent> so much fear, so much hatred, by people who should know better

<Denise> :/

<Argent> I know there are void elves influencing things, but still...

<Denise> you get the wrong folks in charge an' they can really mess things up, I guess.

<Argent> it's more than that

<Denise> well, I mean like - because folk will listen to them

<Denise> but more than that?

<Argent> these people are supposed to the wise, aware, how do they act so reckless? Even if someone with power tells them

<Argent> this was left to fester, and its like the church I served, believed in, is broken and scared

<Denise> welll.... like....

<Denise> your whole job, is like, so secret, an stuff, an, like, the things you were doin'.... you only had one person checkin' in on what you were doin'. An you got lucky 'cause she seemed pretty swell. But, like... I dunno

<Denise> I guess... maybe I an't so surprised things got away from 'em like that :/

<Argent> it didnt just get a little out of the way, it got way out of the way

<Denise> yea

<Argent> I cant even imagin the promises and favours that were dished out to get HER to be the first through the arch

<Denise> I keep thinkin' too, like..... what if they had killed the patriarch?

<Denise> then who all would we be dealin' with?

<Argent> I dont even understand why they wanted him dead... to control the aftermath... a way of making more people afraid?

<Argent> he let this grow under his watch... its only in like the last week that something was being done about them

  • Argent takes a drink

<Denise> I don't know

<Denise> he's real old, maybe he trusted folks underneath him too much :/

<Denise> Sylvia said I oughtta tell him, about everythin, but that was right before he got stabbed

<Denise> well, she said I oughtta tell him about the thing with the Rat Mother Superior tryin' to puta hit out on the boss >.>

<Argent> See, that just pisses me off more... people more interested in protecting the power of their possition instead of looking out for the good of thier and other people souls... to even take such actions as to try and get someone killed

<Argent> and how is Rat even still giving her his grace

<Argent> how can she show her face in temple and take prayer

<Argent> its a farce

<Denise> I dunno :/

<Denise> I ain't never really understood the whole church thng :/

<Argent> apparently I never did either

<Denise> Im sorry Argent. I know they did a lot for you

<Argent> is my power coming from the wheel, myself, or my mother?

<Denise> What power?

<Denise> I mean, you're real good at lots of things an all, but also you got wings an can shoot the shun an' stuff

<Denise> plus, like, magic

<Denise> did you have to learn any of that?

<Denise> or, like, I guess, pray for it?

<Argent> I learned divine magic from the church while I was in the order of the lizard, my spells are supposed to come from the wheel

<Denise> okay

<Denise> so then the other things?

<Argent> they are prayers, sort of, not like the clerics

<Denise> like people 'get stuff from their parents all the time like their, um, hair an stuff, but that don't mean it ain't from themselves?

<Argent> Honestly I suppose it doen't really matter as long as they help me do whats right

<Argent> how are you doing? with Yvie and everything

<Denise> well...

<Denise> like, at least she got a little time before she's gotta go back I guess.

<Denise> Mam's real upset 'cause she will be up there an not hardly get to see the new baby an' all :/

<Denise> I men like, other stuff too, but, you know

<Denise> da' reals worried too

<Denise> I told 'em.... prolly we can find ways to make sure they get to see her still, at least, but like... I know it changes folk too :/

<Argent> change doesnt mean bad, and she has all of you and her time with you to keep her grounded

<Denise> yeah....

<Denise> an it is good to know like.... if somethin' happens, it ain't just all on her

<Denise> like, the others wold come an help

<Denise> but like... man I don't even know what's gonna happen now

<Denise> I guess they pick someone else?

<Argent> I guess

<Argent> hopefully, like Margaux said, nobody crazy

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> well I think they picked the craziest one forst

<Denise> bt like...

<Denise> where's she even get those scissors? :o

<Denise> ugh

<Argent> deals... we know things have been messed up with the First World courts

<Argent> that seems to be the likeliest source of the shears

<Denise> I guess :/

<Denise> ugh

<Argent> ugh... so scared of outsiders, you align with them to 'solve' your problem... and don't see anything wrong? BLIND

<Denise> I wonder if everyone even knew what was happenin'

<Denise> like it seems real clear to me that what they're afraid of is folks who could see what they were up to an' maybe stop 'em

<Denise> but who knows :/

<Denise> ain't like we can ask her now >.>

<Argent> I don't regret my actions

<Argent> not one bit

<Argent> maybe thats bad

<Argent> maybe I should second guess that

<Denise> I dunno

<Denise> I don't, neither

<Argent> I'm glad you came with me

<Denise> welll... I weren't gonna let you go alone.

<Denise> an' like, there weren't nothin

<Denise> else I could do there either, so

  • Argent smiles

<Argent> crazy journy through the universe it was

<Denise> yeah.... if you forget about the rest ir was real neat :o

<Denise> like.... ain't too many folks ever get to do that, that's for sure!

<Denise> Plus I got to meet your mam.

<Argent> she looks better without a skull for a face, thats for sure

<Argent> my mom

  • Argent shakes his head
  • Denise nods

<Denise> Well I mean.

<Denise> I dunno - is se really your mam? There's more to that than just makin' a baby

<Argent> true

<Denise> I mean, you're always gonna be a swarmie an a Rat to me

<Argent> when I think if family I think if you and yours....

<Argent> the swarm was a family

<Argent> to me at that time

  • Denise nods

<Argent> and the church became like a family, I guess, and maybe that's why I'm so angry

<Denise> You're just like, one more brother, for me, Argent

  • Denise nods

<Denise> I get that :/

<Denise> Like... bein' mad at family ain't like bein' mad at just anyone else

<Argent> the hurt is so much more personal

  • Argent finished his drink

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> you want another?

<Argent> this has been a big help to me... lets me sort things out

  • Denise has been drinking hers

<Denise> Well, I'm glad...

<Argent> I'll have another if you are

<Denise> sure :)

<DiablotinNarrator> The phone at the bar rings and Hyson answers it and talks for a bit, though you can't really hear what he's saying. Then he calls over to Denise, "Hey, Dee, your boss wants a word with you."

  • Denise is in the middle of finishing her drink when she looks over, slightly surprised

<Denise> oh! OKay

<Denise> I'll be reight back, then, an I

<Denise> ll grab another round

  • DiablotinNarrator is now known as Ander
  • Denise says as she hops up to get to the phone

<Denise> Hey boss, how'd hyou track me down here? :o

<Ander> I didn't, I was tryin' to get in touch with some other folks, but Hyson said you were here so it worked out good.

<Denise> what's up?

<Ander> Listen, there's some big news. Janelle's bein' called on to go through the Arch.

<Denise> YESSS!

<Denise> good

<Denise> ....do you need me?

<Ander> Yeah, she's kinda nervous over it but I told her she'll do fine.

<Denise> She'll be real fine :3

<Denise> It ain't so scary

<Denise> an she'll be so swell :3

<Ander> I might need you later - right now I'm at her place, gettin' stuff together, but later, like after she does the whole thing where she goes into seclusion for a day, I get to wait at the palace for her, along with other family an' all. I'd appreciate havin' you there for that, given the church...

  • Ander says vaguely, but implying 'since they maybe have been trying to kill me'

<Denise> you got it boss

<Denise> I'm gonna go home after this an crash real hard @_@

<Denise> But that's so swell!

<Ander> Okay, rest up - it'll be tomorrow morning before I need you. You can come by her house an' meet me there.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> I'll see you then :3

  • Denise will bring the drinks back over to Argent, then

<Denise> Guess what!

<Denise> Now we got a good thing to drink for :D

<Argent> oh?

<Denise> un huh!

<Denise> They

<Denise> They're puttin' Janelle through instead :D

<Denise> It's gonna happen! Our first Rat empress :3 An she's so swell, too :3

  • Argent smiles

<Argent> I don't really know her, but I trust you, so I'll take this as very good news

<Denise> I'm gonna go wait with Ander hen she's in seclusion, but I guess that'll be tomorrow :3

<Denise> it is!

<Denise> Se was workin on with him on his campaign thing, so I got to spend time wih her more

<Denise> I mena, they shulda just picked her *first* :p

<Denise> (apparenlty Denise is getting more drunk :p)

  • Argent will stay with her and help her feel good
  • Denise hopes the feeling spreads ^-^

Hettienne and Dozilva discuss the past and the future

  • Dozilva will take you out to lunch at some nice little cafe in the Castalia.

<Hettienne> Well uh, this is nice

<Dozilva> Mm, the onion soup is good.

<Dozilva> So.. I am thinking you should not have been able to do that.

  • Dozilva says with a slightly bemused look

<Hettienne> I don't even know *what* I did, lady

<Dozilva> Indeed.

<Dozilva> If I had to guess, I think you sewed up a tear in the fabric of reality.

<Hettienne> Uh.

<Hettienne> I guess?

<Hettienne> It wasn't just me though.

<Dozilva> No?

<Hettienne> No... there were others, on... on the other side of it I guess?

  • Dozilva looks intrigued at that

<Hettienne> <mumbles> sisters.

<Dozilva> Hmm.

<Dozilva> Well, whoever may have helped, your effort was much appreciated. Even if perhaps the Chief Sorcerer sometimes is not the most ... thoughtful. He was a little distracted, I suspect.

<Hettienne> Because of the Emperor?

<Dozilva> Because he is a man and he can only think of so many things at once ;p

<Hettienne> Heh.

<Dozilva> And right now he is well past his limit.

<Hettienne> Well, I wouldn't want that job, that's for sure

<Dozilva> Nor I. I will be content to be a librarian, and if whoever is the new Emperor wishes to dismiss me from service, I will find other things to occupy my time - and they can figure out the shelving system on their own.

<Hettienne> Who d'you think it's gonna be?

  • Dozilva looks pensive at that

<Dozilva> Revelyne Fourre would seem to have won - but I will not assume it is finished until she emerges.

<Dozilva> If she is truly the Empress, then I expect my time will be done at the palace. She is not fond of .. outsiders, I understand.

<Hettienne> you can say racist, it's ok :p

<Dozilva> Yes.

  • Dozilva sighs

<Dozilva> Some in my family are already discussing plans for moving to the Shadow Plane or elsewhere, but I don't really want to leave. I would rather stay if we can.

<Hettienne> :/

<Dozilva> I would miss the food, for one thing.

  • Dozilva says as your meals are brought.

<Hettienne> Yeah... I dunno if I'd like this place so much if those people... well, if that bird's chosen as Empress, it's like telling them they're right

<Dozilva> They are putting a lot of eggs in their basket.

  • Dozilva says, perhaps not quite having mastered that idiom ;p

<Hettienne> But I ain't never lived anywhere else.

<Dozilva> And you have your child to think of too, I see - when are you expecting?

<Hettienne> (I have no idea :v)

<Dozilva> (I thiiink about 2-3 months? probably closer to 2 now :)

<Hettienne> Couple months I guess?

<Dozilva> Your first?

  • Hettienne nods.

<Hettienne> You got kids?

<Dozilva> Yes, six - only three that I carried, but they are all mine anyway :)

<Hettienne> Oh man. You're outnumbered :p

  • Dozilva nods

<Dozilva> Most of them are grown now - only one still at home. But there are grandchildren too, now :)

<Hettienne> oh wow.

<Dozilva> It is ... not what I expected when I came here. But it has been good, mostly.

<Dozilva> I hope you will find the same, with your child.

<Hettienne> THanks...

  • Hettienne smiles a bit.
  • Dozilva smiles in return

<Dozilva> Here, a drink to your health. And to the health of the next Emperor, whoever they are.

<Hettienne> Hopefully not whatsername :p

  • Hettienne lifts her glass.

<Dozilva> If it is her, then I drink to the health of whoever follows her. And hope that it will be soon.

  • Dozilva will have a toast with you and you can enjoy a nice lunch

Hettienne and Denise talk about the Norn shears Revelyne was using to destroy the universe

<Dozilva> (and then you can go home and talk to Denise I guess? whenever she wakes up ;)

<Hettienne> (yarr)

<Hettienne> "who left these big scissors here on the kitchen table??"

<Dozilva> (hee)

<Denise> (I mean, I think Hettie woudl recognize what they are, especially if she picked them up;)

  • Denise will stumble out of her room around dinner time

<Hettienne> Denise!!

<Hettienne> What in the hell are THESE about??!

  • Hettienne brandishes the shears

<Denise> hmmph?

<Denise> oh yeah!

<Denise> I thought you'd maybe want 'em >.>

<Hettienne> Why do you have'em??

<Denise> um

<Denise> well.... Argent an I took 'em away from whassername in the arch

<Hettienne> you... what

<Denise> she was all in there cuttin' things apart an we had to stop her

<Hettienne> well how did SHE get them?? :o

<Denise> I don't know, they ain't supposed tobhave anythin' when they go in the arch...

<Denise> Argent said maybe someone gave it to her, like, on the inside somehow?

<Denise> Maybe they came through from the tree?

<Hettienne> These ain't meant for people like her >:|

<Denise> she was ryin ' to cut all the other worlds away from this one

<Hettienne> is that... is that why loick's carpet was unravellin'

<Denise> no that's why I gave 'em to you :3

<Denise> what carpet?

<Hettienne> he has some wall hanging in his office

<Hettienne> the 'Dark Tapestry'

<Denise> oh right.... the thing Zola'd da bought

  • Denise stifles another yawn

<Denise> ...is it okay?

<Denise> The worlds all got stitched back together...

<Hettienne> uh I think so? for now?

<Denise> good.

<Denise> An she ain't gonna be empress neither...

<Hettienne> She ain't? :D

<Denise> they're gettin Janelle ready for her shot :D

  • Hettienne cackles gleefully

<Hettienne> Rat *is* watchin' out for us :3

<Denise> un huh!

<Denise> or, someone ?/?

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> but liek.... I'm still real tired, but it feels like maybe things will be okay

<Hettienne> I hope so...

<Denise> but also like... I bet there's gona be more riots when they annoynce Revelyne ain't comin' back >.>

<Hettienne> Ain't they just gotta suck it up?

<Hettienne> If the Arch didn't like her then... tough titties right?

<Denise> yeah but like they were mad when she was winnin so they're prolly still gonna be mad :p

<Denise> you know how somefolks is. They get a taste of power then they figure like they *deserve* it an' they dn't wann give it up

<Hettienne> Ugh.

<Denise> oh an... like... :/

<Denise> I guess Yvie is gonna be the arch guardian next, once they get Janelle all chosen proper like :/

<Hettienne> WHAT

<Hettienne> Says who??!

<Denise> she's the one that got me an argent back in the door so we could help, but... like, I guess that's why :/

<Denise> the arch?

<Hettienne> Fucking... fuck >:(

<Hettienne> that's some bullshit. I'm sorry, hon

<Denise> :/

<Denise> like.... I feel better 'cause, like, they all came together to help Chalniss, but, like, I heard Margo talk about it too an, I dunno

<Denise> She's still gonna be my lil' sister though, and hell if they can stop me gettin' in to see her.

<Hettienne> :/

<Denise> liek at least we know *before*, she'd got a lottle bit of time at home...

<Denise> I guess that ain't how is mostly goes, maybe

<Denise> Mam was real upset :/

<Hettienne> I bet.

<Hettienne> An... Pat?

<Denise> yeah, him too :/

<Denise> but everythin' makes him upset >.>

<Denise> I think he figures he can just tell her no, like she's grounded or somethin...

<Denise> but it ain't like that

<Hettienne> I guess I don't know what it *is* like

<Denise> I think it's ike...The Arch is talkin' to you in your head all the time

<Denise> but not like... words talkin', maybe. Makin' you know things?

<Hettienne> And she can't just say no thanks?

<Denise> I dn't think so, no

<Denise> I dunno. Like.... what if it just happened that way so that Argent an I could be there?

<Denise> :/

<Hettienne> That seems like a stretch, hon...

<Denise> like, why couldn't it a told someone else to come open the door?

<Denise> but, then, I dunno, maybe if it was just Argent it woulda gone different >.>

<Hettienne> Dee, I don't understand *any* of this shit

<Hettienne> An' when I think too much about it it makes me wanna throw up a little

<Denise> :/

<Denise> I just know that, like.... it's important

<Denise> an I don't wanna just leave it up to other folks to sort out, if I can do it, I guess

<Denise> plus like, Argent's my friend an I gotta have his back.

<Hettienne> I just wanna know when it's gonna be done.

<Hettienne> No more fighting faeries and mushrooms an' aliens

<Denise> I dunno :/

<Denise> but I'll do what I can' ;til it is

<Denise> an', like.. at least if Janelle is Empress we'll have folks we can trust who can *fix* thing if, like, some crazy nob is puttin' people i a hospital an doin' experiments on them an sayin' they cane ;cause of whatever

<Denise> she can just be like 'no I'm empress an that's wrong'

<Hettienne> I hope so.

<Denise> It'll be okay :3

<Denise> an no you got some swell scissors :V

<Denise> (now)

<Hettienne> I better not catch you cuttin' paper with 'em :|

<Denise> :o

<Denise> I ain't gonna cut shit with 'em :o

<Denise> I was raised right :3

  • Hettienne laughs

<Hettienne> damn right :3