Diablotin 3 session 56

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 56 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: July 9, 2017
Diablotin date: Ninth-month

Prologue

Dorien and Misery visit Nedezde

<DiablotinNarrator> So Dorien, I hear you are going to pay a visit to Nedezde in the hopes of setting up a three-species threesome... or else finding out what she's doing here, one or the other.

<Dorien> heeee :3

<DiablotinNarrator> Are you going alone or taking Misery with you?

<Dorien> Of course. Otherwise I can't accomplish both goals.

<Dorien> I forget, did Sylvise say where we can find her?

<DiablotinNarrator> well she told you the hotel she's staying at

<Dorien> right

<DiablotinNarrator> so you could try to find her there, or maybe try to waylay her at the library or something, but hotel is probably a safer bet

<Dorien> We'll try the hotel first. If not, I have no compunction having around the library for a bit

<Misery> So tell me a little more about this girl before we meet her.

  • Misery says as you are on your way there

<Dorien> Well, we dated for about a year, when I was 15 or so. She was apprenticing at the same alchemy shop as me. Her father was a diplomat and my parents are.... my parents... so we kind of had to keep it mostly secret.

<Dorien> She's smart. Really smart. And she says what she thinks. I think you'll like her.

<Misery> All right...

<Dorien> Is... are you ok?

<Misery> I'm fine.

<Dorien> Hey... if you don't want me to do this...

  • Misery gives you a Look

<Dorien> I'm just making sure.

<Misery> Well, did you two have a bad breakup, or were things okay between you when they ended?

<Dorien> No, she moved away. Her father got recalled by his home country. It was like... she old me about it and three days later she was gone.

<Dorien> (told)

  • Misery nods

<Dorien> So no, no bad break up or anything.

<Misery> so you pined for her for ... what, 6 months?

  • Misery guesses with a slight smile

<Dorien> ummm... something like that.

<Misery> Entertained elaborate plans to run away to find her?

  • Misery teases

<Dorien> The uhhh... the train was too expensive.

<Misery> and no matter how much you loved her there was no way you were walking across the entire Empire?

<Dorien> Hey, I was 16. Cut me some slack.

  • Dorien grins

<Misery> it would have been a pretty long walk

  • Misery squeezes your hand

<Dorien> Yeah. It's not like I, you know... figured out the exact milage and route on a map or anything.

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm sure :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (ww)

<Misery> I'm sure :)

<Dorien> (hee)

<Dorien> Oh come on, you never pined for an old flame?

<Misery> We don't pine, we get revenge.

  • Misery says cheerfully

<Dorien> ...

<Dorien> Noted.

  • Misery walks up the steps to the hotel with you, and you can inquire at the desk whether they can place a call to Mlle. Malinastra's room.

<DiablotinNarrator> (which they can)

<DiablotinNarrator> Did you want to ask her to meet you down here, or go up to her room, or what?

<Dorien> (I guess see if we can meet her upstairs, but if she prefers the lobby that's fine.)

  • Nedezde will agree that you can come up to her room, so you can head up there.
  • Dorien will take a deep breath and knock.
  • Nedezde opens the door. She looks... a little older, but clearly still quite young for an elf. She's dressed in Aveyronnais clothing but more of the style of about 10 years ago, with long skirts and sleeves and a higher collar.
  • Nedezde smiles to see you, but looks a bit puzzled at Misery's presence there

<Dorien> ...Neddie.

<Nedezde> Dorien, it's so good to see you again.

<Dorien> I... wow. It's been a long time. It's great to see you too.

  • Nedezde steps aside so you can come into her room

<Dorien> Ummm... my mother told me you were back in town. I hope you don't mind...

  • Dorien will step inside.

<Nedezde> No, it's all right. I thought once I saw her that probably she would tell you I was here.

  • Misery follows, peering curiously around the room

<Dorien> Ummm... Neddie, this is Misery.

<Misery> Nice to meet you.

<Nedezde> Good afternoon, Misery.

<Dorien> She's my... we ummm... wow, this is more awkward than I imagined.

  • Nedezde says politely, but they are both eyeing each other

<Misery> He's my boyfriend.

<Dorien> Yeah.

  • Misery explains on your behalf.

<Nedezde> I see.

  • Nedezde smiles

<Dorien> Ummm... so how are you? How have you been?

  • Nedezde 's room has quite a lot of books in it, as well as a small portable alchemy table set up near the window.

<Nedezde> I am well enough, although times have been difficult of late for my family.

<Dorien> I'm sorry to hear that. Is everyone ok?

<Nedezde> I'm afraid not. My father was disgraced upon his return, and later he killed himself rather than allow his shame to harm the rest of his family.

<Dorien> Void...

  • Dorien looks genuinely shocked

<Dorien> What happened?

<Nedezde> He advocated for certain technological advancements practiced in your Empire, that he thought our people could benefit from.

<Nedezde> These were considered shocking and scandalous by some, perhaps more because they were inventions of humans than for any other reason.

<Dorien> And that was enough to disgrace him? Gods...

<Dorien> I'm so sorry, Neddie.

<Nedezde> It was felt that he had been excessively corrupted by his time here.

  • Nedezde says with a bit of a shrug

<Nedezde> So I had to make my departure in secret, or else I would have surely been forbidden to return to this den of iniquity and filth.

<Dorien> (Was that last part sarcastic or serious?)

<Misery> Welcome back to the filth, then :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably not serious)

<Dorien> (ok)

<Dorien> What brought you back?

<Nedezde> Where else could I pursue in freedom the studies I had been forced to abandon?

  • Dorien smiles a bit at that.

<Dorien> So you're back to alchemy? Or something different?

<Nedezde> Oh, alchemy, and other various matters...

  • Nedezde says a bit vaguely
  • Misery picks up one of her books and flips through it.

<Misery> Planar studies?

<Nedezde> Among other things.

  • Nedezde says noncommitally

<Dorien> (Can I roll to see if she's hiding something?)

<DiablotinNarrator> you can make a Perception check, sure

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+17

  • Lan-home rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 27 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> You think she's being deliberately vague, maybe because she doesn't know if she can trust you two.

  • Dorien nods.

<Dorien> Gods... it's so good to see you.

<Nedezde> And you as well. I've often wondered what became of you since we parted.

<Dorien> Well... a lot. really. It's a long story.

<Nedezde> oh?

<Dorien> Not all of it pleasant.

<Dorien> But I've done ok.

  • Nedezde nods

<Nedezde> have you eaten? perhaps I could call for food to be brought and you can tell me more about it.

<Dorien> That would be nice. Thanks.

  • Nedezde will cast summon room service ;p
  • Dorien can give her the rundown of his last few years over lunch. The accident and his rough patch and meeting Misery and the opening his lab.
  • Nedezde glances over at Misery

<Nedezde> so I am hearing that you fixed his life ;)

<Dorien> Basically.

<Misery> Oh no, it's still a mess, but I made sure he still has one :p

<Dorien> That's... sadly accurate.

  • Nedezde smiles

<Dorien> What about you? What have you been doing?

<Nedezde> Well, trying to continue with my studies as best as I could under such conditions. I made some pilgrimages to various monasteries and holy sites, because that was a way I could travel without arousing suspicion.

  • Dorien nods

<Nedezde> Besides, such places often have excellent libraries.

<Dorien> You always loved books. :)

<Dorien> Well, I'm glad your at a point where you can do what you love again.

<Nedezde> Yes... it's good to be back, even if the circumstances are not what I might have wished.

<Dorien> Yeah...

<Dorien> I'm really sorry about your father.

<Nedezde> Thank you.

<Dorien> He never liked me, but he seemed like a good man. Maybe those things are related, come to think of it.

<Nedezde> He was ahead of his time, in some respects, and more open-minded than many of our people. Unfortunately this left him vulnerable to outside influences.

<Dorien> Outside influences?

  • Nedezde hesitates, maybe thinking she's said too much.

<Dorien> Neddie... what's wrong? Did something happen?

<Nedezde> I believe that... during his time here, he fell under the power of some external force. Something that changed him.

  • Dorien goes slightly pale.

<Nedezde> When I told you before that he killed himself to avoid shame... I think that may not have been the entire truth.

<Dorien> Something... extraplanar?

  • Nedezde nods

<Dorien> Gods...

  • Dorien looks at Misery

<Misery> It probably wasn't a god. Was it?

<Nedezde> I don't believe so.

<Dorien> (Sooo.... completely out of curiosity... Are the windows in here open or are the blinds all pulled?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Windows are open

<Dorien> (Ok >.> )

<Nedezde> I have been trying to learn more about what it might have been.

  • Nedezde gestures to the stacks of books.

<Dorien> Neddie, I think I may know the thing you're talking about.

<Nedezde> You do?

  • Dorien has his turn to try to figure out how much he can safely tell her.

<Dorien> Maybe. It would be a big coincidence if it was some other identity stealing interplanar being.

<Nedezde> ...Do you know about something called the Dark Tapestry?

  • Nedezde takes a chance on asking you

<Dorien> I've... heard of it.

  • Dorien says cautiously.

<Nedezde> I think... if you're willing, that is... it would be very beneficial for us to compare notes.

<Dorien> I think that's a good idea. There's some people I'd like you to meet. Friends of mine. They can help too.

  • Nedezde still looks wary, but nods.

<Dorien> It's ok. They're good people.

  • Nedezde will arrange some time to meet you (and your friends) again, then

<Dorien> I'll talk to them and we can have coffee somewhere.

<Dorien> (Somewhere sunny...)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

<Misery> She seems nice.

  • Misery says as you're leaving.
  • Dorien glances back over his shoulder.

<Dorien> "Yeah."

<Dorien> I just... I hope she's ok.

  • Dorien will contact the gang and let everyone know about Nedezde's investigation and see if people can meet sometime soon.
  • Dorien puts on a newsie hat and gets out his morse code machine to wire everyone.

Gen gets some intel

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, work is proceeding well enough... it's getting to be fall, so some of the plants and trees at the farm are ready for harvest, and there's a lot of work to keep you busy.

  • Genevriel likes being busy.

<DiablotinNarrator> Plenty of time outdoors in the fresh air, as well :)

  • Genevriel enjoys that, too.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you become more familiar with the facility, you also become more aware of the various areas where you aren't permitted to go. A barn at the east side of the property, a couple of greenhouses that are off limits to all but certain personnel, a fenced-off field.

  • Genevriel keeps her ears peeled for rumours about what happens in those places.

<DiablotinNarrator> As well, within the lab facility itself, there are some rooms that are kept locked, and only Veronise and a few others are allowed to enter them.

<Genevriel> (I guess there's no Gather Info in this system, so I'm not sure what to roll, if anything.)

<DiablotinNarrator> well it depends how you're trying to go about it

<DiablotinNarrator> if you're talking to people and trying to get them to tell you things, that's Diplomacy. If you're looking around and using your senses to try and notice hidden things, that's Perception.

<Genevriel> (Can I use both? Leave no stone unturned.)

<DiablotinNarrator> sure, you can make a roll for each

<Genevriel> Ok, here's for Diplomacy

<Genevriel> !rol 1d20+11

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+11

  • Lan-home rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 17 ].

<Genevriel> (what month is it?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (9th month I think?)

<Genevriel> (OK, Destiny Reroll, then)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+11

  • Lan-home rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 24 ].

<Genevriel> (that's better)

<Genevriel> And here's for Perception:

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+9

  • Lan-home rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 10 ].

<Genevriel> ugh

<Genevriel> But if it's 9th month, I have 2 rerolls

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+9

  • Lan-home rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 20 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Genevriel> (And my Strong Comeback Feat might give me a further +2 for both of those rerolls? Your call)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, it would count on those

<Genevriel> so 26 Diplomacy and 22 Perception, then  :)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, just thinking what you can find out with that

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - I'll deal with the Perception first.

<Genevriel> (OK)

<DiablotinNarrator> You are able to notice a few things that seem significant to you, by snooping around. The barn is kept quite warm and bright - heaters and lights and so on, which use a lot of energy to power them.

<DiablotinNarrator> There are regular shipments of fresh meat delivered to the farm, which seems odd to you unless they're breeding carnivorous plants, or else there are some kind of animals eating it. While there are some normal animals (pigs, sheep, etc) you don't think they are eating this meat.

<Genevriel> (plants that need a long growing season, then. Possibly tropical in origin?)

<Genevriel> (Carnivorous plants seems like a larger possibility. Triffids!)

<DiablotinNarrator> The lab areas that are off limits are more of a mystery - the few people who work there tend to keep to themselves for the most part. There are occasional visits from people you believe to be priests, however, which seems unusual for a facility of this sort, unless they're being called in for their magic for some reason.

<Genevriel> (When you are finished describing my Perception and Diplomacy roll results, may I follow up with a K:Nature roll to try to narrow down the potential suspects in the barn? Like what are some tropical carnivorous plants that need long periods of light and might have a strategic or economic value?)

<DiablotinNarrator> You're able to strike up conversation with one person (not a priest) who occasionally works in those areas, though - a cleaning woman named Roza who has access to them in order to clean.

<Genevriel> (And maybe also a K:Planes roll to determine if the Cyst/Kaorti or some other extraplanars are associated with carnivorous plants somehow)

<DiablotinNarrator> After some weeks of making friendly talk with her, maybe sharing some lunch treats, etc, you think you could get her to talk a bit more about what she's seen

<DiablotinNarrator> you can make your k:nature and k:planes checks, sure

<Genevriel> Nature:

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+19

  • Lan-home rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 24 ].

<Genevriel> Planes:

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+19

  • Lan-home rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 26 ].

<Genevriel> (And can I use Sense Motive to perhaps determine what angle to approach Roza with so that she is most receptive to my queries? Like sarcasm, outright honesty, explaining I've got a bet going with some of the other employees, etc.? Or is that abusive of the skill?  ;) )

<DiablotinNarrator> (how about I answer the other questions first ;)

<Genevriel> (Sure)

<DiablotinNarrator> For the k:planes roll, you can recall the cerebric fungus, the mindslaver mold that affected Dorien's father, and other such fungal creatures that you've encountered in the past that are extraplanar in nature, whether from the First World or beyond. There are lots of extraplanar plant creatures.

<Genevriel> (Also another question - any holy symbols on the Priests? Are they Way of the Wheel, or Serpent? Sorry! I'll just go off on another tangent and forget to ask if I don't type them as I think of them)

<DiablotinNarrator> Whether they're associated with the Cyst you can't be sure, but there are enough instances of overlap between them and the 'research' being done at the nursing home that it suggests there could be some tie.

<Genevriel> (fair)

<Genevriel> (And I guess they're fine with a meat substrate since they grow on people  :P )

<DiablotinNarrator> that is one possibility, yes

<DiablotinNarrator> working on the answer for your k:nature

<Genevriel> (Thanks)

<DiablotinNarrator> There are various tropical plants that could have economic value - fruits that can't be readily grown in Aveyrone, for instance. But you're not sure why they would need to keep that secret. Beyond that you can't really guess, without more information, what could be growing in there.

<Genevriel> (How about specifically carnivorous ones?)

<DiablotinNarrator> well, as you mentioned earlier, some fungus grow on dead (or in fact living) bodies, so meat might be used to give them something to grow on. There's a plant you can think of called the tri-flower frond that feeds on meat and produces some substances that might be of interest to alchemists, like acid, and a sleep pollen. could be something like that?

<DiablotinNarrator> but really that isn't that far off some of the things you work with anyway, so again, you don't think that in and of itself would be enough to warrant such secrecy.

<Genevriel> (fair)

<DiablotinNarrator> The priests you've spotted are of the Way of the Wheel, and mainly although not exclusively Order of the Cat.

<Genevriel> (That ties in to stuff we already suspect, so I'll make sure to share that with the other PCs)

<DiablotinNarrator> And you don't need to make a sense motive check on Roza, since you've been spending some time talking to her each day and getting to know her. I'd say you have an impression that she is a pretty honest person, and takes her job seriously, so might not react well to the idea of a joke or bet.

<Genevriel> (OK)

  • Genevriel has some lemon squares she baked in her lunch today, and shares those with Roza.

<Roza> Oh, thank you, that's kind.

<Genevriel> You're welcome. My father used to bake them all the time. It's one recipe I know off the top of my heart.

<Roza> Lemons are expensive these days, but at least you can get them again, not like during the war when they were so hard to find.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> We used to grow them, so we never had a shortage. Except when it wasn't lemon season.  ;)

  • Roza nods

<Roza> It would be nice if they could work out a way to get them to grow here.

<Genevriel> Well, big enough greenhouse and you could probably do it.

<Genevriel> Maybe that's what they grow in the barn.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Roza> Oh, but wouldn't they need the sun? Maybe in a greenhouse, you could.

<Genevriel> Plants can get what they need from these new electric lights, but they'd be very expensive lemons, you're right.

<Roza> Maybe for rich folks that would be worth it.

<Genevriel> Maybe...

  • Roza doesn't, for the record, do anything in the barns/outdoor facilities as far as you know - just cleans the inside of the labs and workstations.

<Genevriel> Roza, do you get to see what's growing in the high-security labs? Is it just medecines they need to keep pure so that patients stay healthy?

  • Roza glances over at you, looking a bit uncertain

<Roza> (you can make another Diplomacy check)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+11

  • Lan-home rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 24 ].
  • Roza lowers her voice so she won't be overheard

<Roza> There's some of that, but there's some odd things too. Some of them worry me.

  • Genevriel lowers her voice as well.

<Genevriel> I worry about some of the things I've noticed here as well.

<Roza> One's like a big ... cage? but made of mushroom. Not a lot of little mushrooms, like one big mushroom that's shaped like a cage. They put dead animals in it sometimes... I'm supposed to stay away from it, Mlle. Calondre said it could be dangerous if I got too close.

<Roza> Even just being in the same area as it, sometimes I start to feel like I'm nodding off, sleepwalking maybe... I woke up and I was only a few steps away from it. Mlle. Calondre woke me and took me away from it, until I felt better.

  • Genevriel does not have to feign her concern.

<Genevriel> I'm glad someone was looking out for you.

<Roza> She's a good boss - she doesn't want anyone to get hurt.

  • Roza says sincerely.

<Genevriel> Of course not.

<Genevriel> . o O (That would be a public relations nightmare.)

<Roza> I'm not supposed to talk about it, though...

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Of course not.

  • Genevriel smiles reassuringly.

<Genevriel> I don't want to get you in trouble. I'm sorry I asked.

<Roza> It's all right... I mean, you work here too, so I know you don't mean any harm.

<Genevriel> It would be counterproductive.

  • Genevriel agrees.

<Roza> Maybe once you've been here longer, you'll get promoted to work in those rooms too. Or out in the barn if you're more outdoorsy. I'm sure it's all very important research going on.

  • Genevriel nods and smiles.

<Genevriel> Thanks for the vote of confidence, Roza.

<Genevriel> We'll see. I haven't heard any complaints about my work yet.

  • Roza smiles

<Genevriel> So that's a good thing, right?

<Roza> I'm sure it is. I should be getting back to work now - thank you for the lemon square, it was delicious :)

<Genevriel> You're welcome. See you again tomorrow for lunch?

<Roza> Sure :)

<Genevriel> Until tomorrow, then.

  • Genevriel smiles, and returns to her own work.

<Genevriel> (And can I figure out what a fungus shaped like a cage is? Another K: Planes roll?)

<DiablotinNarrator> you can make a roll

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+19

  • Lan-home rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 32 ].

<Genevriel> (that's a little better  :) )

<DiablotinNarrator> You have a recollection of something you read somewhere, about something called a zygomind. It is a fungus shaped like a cage, it can grow to huge size if it feeds on enough dead bodies, and can lure in victims with hallucinations and spores that cause drowsiness. You don't know a lot more than that about it - they are very rare.

<Genevriel> (Okay, well, I'll pass this along to the other PCs, too)

<Genevriel> (And see if I can find out more about it in a library)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, I'll assume you're working on that, then)

Hugo interviews Roskilde about the class action law suit

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo or Aubrienne, who wants to go next on this exciting cavalcade of terrifying information?

<Hugonel> sure

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo preparing for scene tumblr_inline_o32a0tDRAQ1r95fjz_400.png

<Dorien> heeee

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Hugo, you're able to arrange a time to talk to Roskilde Stilhart - did you want to meet with her in private or public?

<Hugonel> In private, preferably

<Hugonel> Before I go in, I will cast the following on myself:

<Hugonel> Glamour, Friendly Face, Eagle's Splendor

<DiablotinNarrator> just an ordinary day for Hugo, then? :)

<Hugonel> yup :)

  • Roskilde will agree to meet with you in a private room at a restaurant - so it's at least close to public if she decides to escape ;)
  • Hugonel will come nice and early, dressed in a subdued grey suit with a lavender silk scarf.

<Hugonel> oh, also casting Grand Destiny on self

  • Roskilde arrives a few minutes late. The first thing you notice about her is that she's very, very pregnant. The second thing you notice is that she is blind - or at least, wearing dark glasses inside - but seems to move smoothly, not as though she's worried about bumping into things.

<Hugonel> (appearance other than that?)

  • Roskilde looks maybe around 30, with short curly dark brown hair (like maybe a military cut that is still growing out), and is tall and slim (apart from the pregnancy of course). Not breathtakingly attractive but not unpleasant to look at. Wearing a loose-fitting dress at the moment.

<Hugonel> Ms. Stilhart, my pleasure to make your acquaintance. Hugo Silveira, at your service.

<Roskilde> It's good to meet you, M. Silveira.

  • Roskilde takes a seat
  • Hugonel waits for her to sit and then sits himself.

<Hugonel> Something to drink?

<Roskilde> Just some water, thank you.

  • Hugonel gets the attention of the server and gets a glass of wine for himself as well.

<Hugonel> I'm glad to be able to talk to you. I think we may have much of mutual benefit to discuss.

<Roskilde> I admit I'm curious to hear what you think that might be.

<Hugonel> All right, well, first, I should say that I'm only starting to learn about the specific nature of your lawsuit. I was hoping you could clarify the substance of it.

<Roskilde> During the war, I was a soldier - I was injured in combat, the result of an acid cloud from an enemy spellcaster.

<Roskilde> My sight was affected - not completely blinded, but badly enough that I was sent to a military hospital to recover.

<Hugonel> Hmm, I see. And what happened there?

<Roskilde> While I was there, I was selected - I'm still not entirely sure how - for a special treatment program. Innovative techniques to help soldiers maimed in battle.

<Roskilde> I was brought there, and found there were others already undergoing treatments - altogether I think there were about a hundred of us, at various times.

  • Hugonel listens intently.

<Hugonel> What happened next?

<Roskilde> Dr. Molniere examined me and decided I was a good candidate for prosthetics that would restore some measure of sight - possibly even enhance my senses in other ways, he said.

<Hugonel> This is, err, Clarence Molniere, yes?

<Roskilde> Yes.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Roskilde> He performed the procedure, and for a time it worked as he'd described. I could see again, even better than before.

<Roskilde> It was amazing - or seemed that way. Others there had lost limbs, and the prosthetics he developed allowed them to walk again, or have the use of their hands...

<Roskilde> He did incredible work. I don't know how it was possible.

<Hugonel> But it had a cost.

  • Hugonel says, half question, half statement.

<Roskilde> Yes.

<Hugonel> And for you, that was? It went away ... or ... was there more?

  • Roskilde ponders how to answer that, sipping her drink.

<Hugonel> I'm sorry, I know this is difficult.

<Roskilde> I'd say that it began to change who I was. I felt different - more aggressive, perhaps, less concerned about others.

<Hugonel> Hmmm. And others in this program, they were affected similarly, or ... all differently?

<Roskilde> I think it had more severe effects on some than on others. And ... this is only my speculation, you understand, but I think some may have had additional experiments done on them, beyond the prosthetics.

<Hugonel> Other than Molniere ... were there others who seemed to be in authority, who you dealt with?

<Roskilde> There were others - he was in charge of the facility on a day to day basis, but sometimes others would visit who seemed to outrank him.

<Hugonel> Did you ever learn their names? I apologize for being so circumspect, but I don't want to do anything that would harm your case by feeding you information.

<Hugonel> Or muddying the waters.

<Roskilde> Well, one was the Warlord. I know she visited the facility at least twice while I was there.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> Yes, that doesn't surprise me. Whatever went on there, it went all the way to the top. I assume the Emperor had more than a passing knowledge of it, as well.

<Roskilde> It seems likely, yes.

<Hugonel> Your suit, then, is that Molniere, at least, knew that this treatment would cause harm and that he continued with it regardless?

<Roskilde> No...

<Roskilde> I... I don't actually know if he knew that. I hope he didn't.

<Hugonel> All right ...

<Roskilde> But the army allowed us to be experimented on, without proper consent.

<Hugonel> Were you ordered to undergo the treatment?

<Roskilde> Well I wasn't asked.

<Hugonel> Hmm, all right.

<Hugonel> Ms. Stilhart, does the name Suzetta Claar mean anything to you?

<Roskilde> Would she go by Suzie? Because I do remember Clarence - Dr. Molniere - showing around a woman he called Suzie.

<Hugonel> I ... hadn't heard her called that. But that might be, yes.

<Hugonel> What about Veronise Calondre?

<Roskilde> Yes, that name I remember. He spoke of her often, saying what excellent work she did, but I had the impression he was more than professional colleagues with her. Dr. Molniere was ... well... I think he was infatuated with her, to be honest.

<Hugonel> Hmm, yes, that seems right.

<Hugonel> The facility, when were you there? And when did you leave?

<Roskilde> I was there for the better part of a year - from shortly before the war ended.

<Hugonel> And when you left, how many others were still being treated there? Roughly, I mean.

<Roskilde> I think about fifty. Some had been discharged as they either hadn't responded to the treatments, but were well enough to be released, and others had not survived.

<Roskilde> But it wasn't so much that I left, exactly...

<Hugonel> You ... escaped?

<Roskilde> There were some patients who became aggressive - violent, unable to be kept under control, even by the guards there.

<Roskilde> It all came to a head one day, and in the confusion I got away.

<Roskilde> Well, I and a few others.

<Roskilde> I think it's possible they killed Dr. Molniere though.

<Hugonel> I seeeee .... and since that time, they have not tried to ... uh, er, recover you?

<Roskilde> They've tried to buy my silence. Offered me a position at another of their facilities, even. I wasn't interested.

<Hugonel> Who is making the offer?

<Roskilde> Military intelligence.

<Hugonel> Right. ... *sigh*

<Hugonel> But there have been no threats?

<Roskilde> Not since I had the prosthetics removed. I think they were more interested in recovering those than in me, to be honest.

<Hugonel> Can you describe them to me? What did they look like? What do you know of their construction?

<Roskilde> When they were in use, they looked like silver orbs with a small hole in them, I guess like a pupil? I could see with them, somehow. They connected into my brain.

<Roskilde> I presume there was some more complicated stuff inside them.

<Hugonel> You have been very generous with your time and willingness to answer my questions. If I may ask ... you're not concerned? You must wonder about whether I have some ill intent, despite any assurance I may give you to the contrary.

<Roskilde> To be blunt, you don't seem like you're the military type. And Noren said you were okay.

<Hugonel> That's reassuring, I suppose. And you're right, I'm not military. Didn't serve in the war, due to circumstances not entirely of my own control.

<Hugonel> Noren must know that this attention is going to be very unwelcome, though. Exposing what happened ... at Seda Grove, at various facilities, what is still going on even now ... will not look good.

<Roskilde> Yeah... it shouldn't look good, because it wasn't. Even if some of them had good intentions, they fucked it up. Excuse my language.

<Hugonel> No apology needed. And you're quite right. Essentially, there are many in the Warlord's circle who see you, and your colleagues, as assets rather than as people.

<Hugonel> How did Noren come to be involved in your case in the first instance?

<Roskilde> Well, a few of us talked about it, and we thought maybe we ought to take this to court. Even if we lose, it'll force it out into the open. Noren's done some other cases against the military, so he seemed qualified.

<Roskilde> Plus, nobody else would take it.

<Hugonel> Most importantly of all, he's prominent enough that he is at lower risk than others might be.

<Roskilde> There's that.

<Hugonel> I should be frank. While I do think you should be concerned that this suit will not end as you hope, I still think it's worth doing, if it brings these matters to light. All of us involved in this, even tangentially, have taken on risk.

  • Roskilde nods

<Hugonel> Because this case goes beyond you, it is likely that our paths shall cross again. And of course, if you should have questions for me, or need any further insight, do let me know. I'm not hard to find.

<Roskilde> All right - thanks.

<Roskilde> If you do come across anything that might help our case - evidence, or anyone who might be willing to talk before a court - you know where to get in touch with us.

<Hugonel> I will do so.

  • Roskilde will finish up her water and leave, then.

Aubrienne tells her parents about her engagement, and Emperor Marl dies

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, I'm guessing you might need to talk to some folks about upcoming marriage plans - but who would you like to talk to most? :)

<Aubrienne> Whoo boy, good question

<Aubrienne> Probably her mom and dad first, I guess

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • Albaric and Ethaine are always happy to see you, of course :)
  • Aubrienne will probably cart Hyacinth along

<Aubrienne> (Let them dote a bit)

  • Albaric will gladly take the baby to carry her around to look at things and keep her entertained
  • Aubrienne smiles at that.
  • Aubrienne will exchange pleasantries first, asking how people are doing and such

<Albaric> okay, not the beard though ...

  • Albaric says removing chubby fists from his face
  • Ethaine can definitely let you know how everyone is, in great details if allowed ;)

<Aubrienne> Well, ah, as it happens, I have some news, too.

<Ethaine> oh?

  • Aubrienne pauses for dramatic effect :p

<Aubrienne> I'm getting married!

<Ethaine> You're... what? :o

<Albaric> To who?

  • Aubrienne gives a look.

<Aubrienne> To Titania, obviously.

<Aubrienne> Honestly, daddy.

<Albaric> Well... it's a fair question!

<Aubrienne> *hmph*

<Ethaine> Sweetheart, we're very happy for you, of course! Congratulations :)

  • Ethaine comes to give you a hug

<Aubrienne> When we attended the imperial wedding recently, I danced with her father, and he said he could make some arrangements, and, well, I asked Titania to marry me, and she said yes! :D

  • Aubrienne hugs her back.

<Ethaine> Well... good for him, I suppose!

<Ethaine> I mean, good for you two as well. I'm just surprised.

<Albaric> Does that mean my little girl's going to be a princess? How does that work? :o

<Aubrienne> I know it's...unconventional, but I'm an unconventional sort of person.

<Aubrienne> I don't *think* so.

<Aubrienne> I doubt it works like that.

<Aubrienne> I don't really care about that sort of thing.

<Aubrienne> But I guess I'll have to work on my courtly manners, regardless. :)

<Ethaine> No, but... some people might. And well - people are going to ask! it would be good to know what to tell them.

<Albaric> It'll be in all the papers @_@

<Aubrienne> I'm sure it will be, but that doesn't bother me so much and Titania is used to the media attention.

<Aubrienne> I hope it won't be a problem for you or the rest of the family.

<Aubrienne> I wasn't meaning to make anyone's life any harder, but hopefully I won't be that interesting a subject.

<Aubrienne> At least, not for this.

<Albaric> Well... we'll manage somehow. We just want you to be happy :)

  • Aubrienne goes to hug her father.
  • Albaric hugs you too, holding the baby with one arm and you with the other

<Ethaine> When will it be? Do you have a date?

<Aubrienne> We haven't set everything up yet. I think there are still pre-arrangements to be made.

  • Ethaine nods

<Ethaine> Oh, I'll need a new dress :o

<Aubrienne> By the way, your granddaughter there is already a princess, so now we'll have two in the family.

<Albaric> Oh yes, I suppose she is :3

<Aubrienne> We'll find you a great one, mama.

<Aubrienne> You and me and Titania and [various aunts and cousins] can go shopping.

  • Ethaine smiles at that
  • Ethaine brushes away a few tears

<Ethaine> I'm just so happy for you, dear.

<Aubrienne> Thank you.

<Albaric> We both are :)

<Aubrienne> You've always been so supportive.

<Aubrienne> I love you both so much.

<Albaric> It was just a bit of a shock at first - I'm sorry if I wasn't thinking straight.

<Aubrienne> Well, I mean, clearly thinking *straight* isn't precisely appropriate. :p

  • Albaric chuckles

<Aubrienne> Sorry, I'll save that one for the stage.

<Albaric> Do we get to meet the Emperor? :o

<Aubrienne> I should hope so!

<Aubrienne> He'll be family soon. :)

<Albaric> Uh... wow. I guess you're right, but it sounds strange to say it that way.

<Aubrienne> He's been nice to me so far. Incredibly so, though still a bit intimidating.

  • Albaric nods

<Albaric> Well, that's good. I know people say he isn't very... personable, but he's always done a good job for the Empire.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you're talking, you hear an unfamiliar sound - the deep, resonant sound of a large bell ringing. It takes you a moment to realize what it is, and what it means, because you've never heard it before.

<Aubrienne> (uh-oh)

<DiablotinNarrator> The Eternit Bell, which only tolls when an Emperor dies, is sounding throughout the city.

<Aubrienne> Oh no!

  • Albaric looks surprised

<Albaric> Oh... :o

<Aubrienne> Can you watch Hyacinth for a while? I should go find Titania.

<Albaric> Of course, honey.

<Ethaine> ...I guess we don't get meet him after all :/

<Aubrienne> :/

  • Aubrienne will hugs them both, give Hyacinth a kiss, and teleport to Titania's to see if she's there.
  • Titania is there but getting her things together to go. She looks pale and harried, but isn't crying or anything (yet, at least).

<Aubrienne> Titania?

<Titania> oh! you startled me - I thought it was going to be someone else.

<Aubrienne> I imagine you're expecting people.

  • Titania nods

<Titania> I just... I don't know what happened. I need to get to the palace and find out what happened.

<Aubrienne> I'm so sorry, sweetie.

<Aubrienne> I can take you there, if you want.

<Titania> please

<Titania> outside the gates though, you can't teleport in

<Aubrienne> All right. Are you ready?

<Aubrienne> (We'll most likely get there safe...)

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah you can arrive safely

  • Aubrienne will follow Titania and stay nearby to offer comfort, but also do her best to keep out of the way.
  • Titania will hurry inside - as soon as some guards see who it is, they will escort her off to ... wherever.

<DiablotinNarrator> You'll probably end up sitting on a sofa somewhere, waiting to see her, and waiting, and waiting...

<DiablotinNarrator> Basically things at the palace are in chaos and it'll take a while before things settle down at all.

<Aubrienne> Fair enough.

  • Titania will eventually, probably sometime in the middle of the night, come find you there, wherever you found to sit, maybe having a little nap.
  • Titania sits down with you.

<Titania> Bri... I'm here, let's go to bed.

<Aubrienne> Hmm, huh, oh, uh, okay.

  • Aubrienne is probably waking up a little.

<Aubrienne> Back at your place?

<Titania> no, just here... they made up my old room, so I can stay the night.

<Titania> maybe for the last time

<Aubrienne> Oh, sweetie.

<Aubrienne> Let's get you some sleep.

  • Titania nods
  • Aubrienne will hug her and then keep holding her hand as they go.
  • Titania heads off to try and get some sleep, but probably fails

Denise, Hettie, and Argent question Servan

<DiablotinNarrator> Loot you recovered from Servan Aigel's hideout: two +1 guns, a pair of burglar boots, and an adventurer's greatcoat (which looks wicked cool).

  • Denise could use a 1 gun I *guess* (even if it isn't as special as the one she got from Ander a million years ago)

<DiablotinNarrator> well you aren't required to keep them :)

<DiablotinNarrator> could give them to other folks, or sell them for the money

<DiablotinNarrator> anyone who could use a magic ranged weapon and doesn't already have one?

<Argent> +1 guns are good for anyone who uses them

<Argent> I know I could use one

  • Denise doens't have a magic ranged weapon though

<Denise> (just a masterwork one)

<Argent> but its less of a priority for me, I have better ranged options if I need them

<Denise> Hettie already has a magic gun

<Denise> it's pretty sweeeet

<Argent> !roll 1d8

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d8 ] getting [ 6 ].

<Argent> that was HP

<Denise> (so what's the set up - Argent is bringing us to the safehouse where he is stashed?)

<Argent> (I assume)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yeah - it would probably be a few days after, since he would have needed medical attention and so on.)

<DiablotinNarrator> from your beat down

<Denise> >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> he deserved it ;p

<Denise> he did

<Denise> I warned him!

<DiablotinNarrator> You can be brought in to see him. He's lying on a cot in an otherwise pretty featureless room, which is barred - you can talk to him from the other side of the bars.

<Denise> (how's his arm looking? :V)

  • Servan 's metal arm is gone, he's just got a stump on that side. it looks pretty rough, tbh - lots of scarring.

<Denise> (Fresh or old or both?)

  • Denise wonders why they didn't just do that the first time

<DiablotinNarrator> both

<Argent> (is he awake? Is he watching us when we come in?)

  • Servan is awake and staring at the ceiling

<Argent> recieved any divine insight on how you ended up in this situation?

  • Hettienne snickers

<Servan> no but maybe if you'd shut up

<Denise> pfft, if you ain't heard anythin' you ain't gonna

<Argent> you made a good decision when you surrendered, quickly followed by a bad one, so we've got a few questions for you and answering would be another good decision

<Servan> why, what's it going to get me? killed faster?

<Denise> is that still what you're after? :P

<Servan> it's what's going to happen either way

<Denise> it's prolly what you deserve

<Argent> we're not going to kill you, we had the perfect opportunity and didnt

<Servan> you have the power to stop them killing me, then?

<Denise> We're the ones who brought you in

<Hettienne> Which 'them'?

  • Hettienne narrows her eyes.

<Servan> whoever

<Servan> the courts, if I get that far. I doubt I will. The church, if they find out where I am.

<Argent> you work for the church, dont you? I thought they helped spring you? Why would they want you dead?

<Servan> 'cause they'll figure I talked to you

<Hettienne> Why weren't they helpin' you an' your girlfriend? Why were you rottin' in a basement?

<Servan> we aren't on friendly terms right now

<Denise> so maybe they weren't ever gonna help you no matter who you talked to, were they

<Servan> maybe

<Denise> un huh "Maybe"

<Denise> How'd you piss *them* off?

<Servan> didn't kill someone they wanted dead

<Denise> yeha, who was that?

  • Servan tilts his head up enough to look at you

<Servan> Your boss man. Suterre.

<Hettienne> So was that a 'didn't' or a 'couldn't'

<Denise> they're mad 'cause of that?

<Servan> 'cause of that time in the alley? no, that was just gathering info.

<Denise> so what then - you think better of it? :P

<Servan> I didn't figure that was right - he's a human, even if he's a Rat, they got every right to be here. He never did anything wrong by me, and he's not some alien freak.

<Denise> un huh >:|

<Argent> so why did they want him dead?

<Denise> yeah >:|

<Servan> Something about muscling in on their territory. Plus I guess he had something they wanted - some deck of cards?

  • Hettienne exchanges a look with Argent and Denise...
  • Denise scowls

<Denise> which church assholes was that then

<Servan> they're all the same

<Denise> oh yeah, you'll listen to anyone in a robe who tells you to go off someone, huh?

<Servan> clearly not, or your boss'd be dead

<Argent> so thats what they busted you out for, to kill Suterre?

<Servan> I assume so. that or they just missed me.

<Argent> (SM to make sure that he's not concealing something)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can roll

<Argent> !roll 1d20+29

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+29 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 29 ] totals [ 43 ].
  • Denise looks mostly mad but is worried

<Denise> They gonna send some other jacked up asshole, then? >:|

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you think he's telling the truth, although maybe not all the truth. he knows more than he's saying.

<Argent> (ok)

<Servan> maybe they already did. you're not guarding him right now.

  • Hettienne snorts.

<Hettienne> He's got more friends than you do, buddy

<Denise> un huh

  • Denise is not goaded by that

<Denise> Who sent you after him.

<Servan> tell me how Juditte's doing and I'll tell you.

<Argent> (how is she doing? I assume she is getting treated)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes - they had to remove her metal legs to treat the infection, but she's expected to recover)

<Argent> She will recover. It was a nasty infection she had.

  • Servan lets out a bit of a sigh of relief at that

<Argent> the name?

<Denise> >:|

<Servan> Reverend Mother Roula.

<DiablotinNarrator> (that's the head of the Order of the Rat)

<Hettienne> :o The fuuck.

<Argent> (Detect Lies and SM)

<Denise> YOu're fulla shit >:|

<Argent> (DC for detect lies is 18)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+29

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+29 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 29 ] totals [ 49 ].
  • Servan is not lying but, again, leaving something out.

<Argent> was Reverend Mother Courtemanche also in on this choice of target for you?

  • Servan frowns slightly

<Servan> She was there.

<Argent> (Same thing as before Detect lies and SM)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+29

  • Denise rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+29 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 29 ] totals [ 47 ].

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> I bet. She set it up, didn't she?

<Servan> They were in on it together, okay, I don't know which of them came up with the plan.

  • Servan says, frustrated

<Argent> I must say I do admire you conviction to you calling, standing up to them.

<Argent> considering what it's cost you

  • Denise gives Argent a look like he has multiple heads

<Argent> but its also sad how badly you've been manipulated

  • Servan sighs

<Argent> Have you met Suzzetta Claar?

<Servan> okay - you can tell me how I've been manipulated when our world is overrun with demons and aliens and fey monsters and who knows what else.

<Hettienne> they're just people, you ignorant shit

<Denise> Like, you have no idea the crazy stuff that's out there fer real, you'e just gon' around killin' just anyone :p

  • Servan laughs

<Servan> and you have no idea the things I've seen

<Hettienne> Vairon weren't hurtin' nobody.

<Hettienne> He was just tryin' to live his life.

<Hettienne> It's you shitbirds who're the monsters.

<Denise> you can't even tell the difference :p

<Hettienne> you ain't nothin' but a dumb fuckin weapon

<Hettienne> you just go where they point you and you ain't got the brains to think for yourself

<Hettienne> What if someone points one of you assholes at your sister, huh

<Servan> hey - leave my sister out of this!

<Hettienne> You ain't leavin other folk's family out of it

<Hettienne> Why should we

<Argent> that's just it Servan, the very people who were pointing you, are working for the aliens you've been trying to stop

<Servan> that's a lie - they would rather die first

<Denise> un huh

<Argent> its not a lie, we've seen Suzzetta Claar's facility, filled with red sisters, likely there working for Coutemanche, finding ways to bring the Cyste to our plane.

<Servan> they're working to protect this plane from outsiders

  • Servan says stubbornly, but he sounds like he's wavering a little

<Denise> just the ones they dont like

<Denise> the ones who are gonna be a problem for *them*

<Denise> like come on, really

<Denise> they broke the first Irminsul

<Denise> an tried to use the new one to turn people itu mindless mushroom things just so they could put Cysts in them :p

<Denise> that's Clarr an them, the ones who gave up the money for the folks who made your arm :p

<Denise> you're so dumb

<Argent> Courtemanche could even be possessed by one of them right now... does she avoid light when you meet... thats a sign of long term possession

  • Denise says with the full confidence of a 17 year old who thinks she understands everything

<Servan> we... we always met at night.

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> an she was all covered up in her robes too I bet

<Servan> so no one would recognize her...

<Hettienne> You fuckin stupid meatsack.

  • Hettienne just facepalms

<Servan> what does that mean? if she was covered up?

<Denise> prolly that sh'es been that way for so ling she can't even stand the light even a little bit

<Argent> she sometimes used strange words, maybe when she spoke

<Argent> forgets details sometimes.

<Servan> right but what would that mean? if she's possessed?

<Denise> Right what I said before

<Argent> that a Cyste is controlling her, using her to prepare for their invasion of this plane.

<Denise> SHe's getting you dumb shits to clean ut anyone who might find 'em out >:|

<Hettienne> they're makin' a way in for their friends.

<Servan> ...

<Servan> Give me my arm back. I'll take her out myself.

<Denise> I'm pretty sure its broke, an anyway, fuck you

<Argent> like you said, they'll kill you as soon as they see you

<Servan> I'll make sure they don't see me

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> how about you just tell us anything else that's useful an leave it to the people who ain't dumbfucks and who know what they're doin' :p

<Servan> what else would be useful?

  • Denise let's argent field that one :V

<Argent> any other agents that she has working for her, who else youve seen when you've met with her, other targets she's picked for you.

<Argent> the more we understand what she's up to the better we can act against her

<Servan> ...

<Servan> I... need to think about this.

<Denise> uh huh - you want any friends of yours helpin' this bitch? Or getin

<Denise> possessed too?

<Servan> if they are, it's already too late. nothing's going to change if I take a day or two to think on all this.

<Servan> or I could decide you're not worth helping, if you keep trying to push me.

<Denise> Ugh

<Argent> Don't take too much time.

Solos

Denise and Enver get all cutesy

  • Enver is getting some help from Denise in criming on the night of the Emperor's death
  • Denise is happy to spend time with you <3
  • Denise also likes running around in the sewers, mostly

<Enver> so... uh... I found a house, maybe. at least, one that we could look at.

<Denise> oh yeah?

  • Enver says as we lug a chest of something or other

<Denise> where's it at

<Denise> ?

<Enver> well it's in the Shambles, but close to the river

  • Denise nods

<Enver> it's in good shape

<Enver> pretty decent size, too

<Enver> close to the Shade

<Denise> that sounds okay.... is it in good shape?

  • Enver nods

<Denise> you just said, ugh

<Denise> sorry

<Enver> nah it's okay - I was liftin' stuff, I probably mumbled

<Denise> I ain't so used to thinkin' an carrying and payin attention to where I'm at :p

<Denise> it's got plumbing?

<Enver> heh

<Enver> yeah, it does

<Denise> *good* plumbing?

<Denise> I mean, some of them houses, like, people've kinda put stuff together....

<Enver> yeah, new

<Enver> the folks who had it before mostly ripped it all out an' put it together again, but good

  • Denise nods

<Denise> okay

<Denise> ain't it ain't got a basement? ;p

  • Denise asks tolerantly ;p

<Enver> yeah, it do, but I figure we can put some good grates in there >.>

  • Denise grins

<Denise> I love you, draga ^-^

<Denise> we can go have a look

<Denise> how'd you find it?

<Enver> I love you too - an' I just wanna keep you safe. I know you prolly think I'm bein' all worried over nothin'.

<Denise> no, I know theres things down here, for real..... but like, probably not much that'd come into a house what we can't take care of, *really*

<Denise> btu I guess if we *do* have kids, maybe that ain't good enough

<Denise> like... later

  • Enver nods

<Denise> we got time to fix it up all safe

<Enver> I been keepin' an eye out when I go around for work. I saw the sign up on it, like. The folks who lived there, they moved out to the Pav, I guess. musta been doin' well for themselves.

<Denise> that's a real big step! good for them I guess

  • Enver nods

<Denise> an good for us :3

<Enver> hope so :)

<Denise> I guess that's why they got the plumbin' all done

<Enver> yeah, plus it's got a new roof, or pretty new

  • Denise nods

<Enver> got four whole bedrooms, too

<Denise> would it be okay if I had Da to come look at it?

<Enver> sure

<Denise> just, he's real good at house things....

<Enver> I mean, I never had a house before, so maybe there's things I wouldn't notice

<Denise> gosh, that's a lot of rooms

<Denise> :o

<Enver> yeah, it's big :)

<Enver> four bedrooms upstairs, an' down there's a kitchen, sitting room, an' another room like a ... parlour or whatever I guess? plus the bathroom.

<Denise> well, that'll be good :3

<Denise> an a basement too, gosh :o

  • Enver nods

<Enver> the kitchen has a pantry alongside it too, it's nice an' big - I know you like a good kitchen :)

<Denise> ooooh, a real pantry :o

<Enver> yeah :)

<Enver> so, well, I hope it'll work out good

<Denise> I sounds real nice

  • Enver smiles

<Denise> an... we got even *more* money if we ain't still payin' for mam;s care :o

  • Denise says, as if she is just realizing that

<Enver> yeah. I think we could buy it outright, an' still have plenty left over for furniture an' stuff, or if it did need any fixin' up.

<Enver> I mean... if you like it, that is :3

<Denise> It sounds like I will :3

<Denise> but gosh I dunno when we can go see it @_@

<Enver> well yeah.. maybe right when we get done here? at least we could go by an' see the outside

<Denise> okay :)

<Denise> The boss an Ralf are prolly just gonna stay at Mlle. Rionet's place. they do that somwtimes when they're workin on campaign stuff, anyway.

  • Enver nods

<Enver> what's gonna happen with that, I wonder - will they still do the election even so?

<Denise> The boss says no one knows

<Denise> they ain't got it figured out yet

<Denise> 'cause they don't even know how they're pickin' the emperor

<Enver> :/

<Denise> and like, partly he was running so to get a Rat emperor by votin'

<Enver> right...

<Denise> so if he's ot even elected when they pick then maybe there's not point.... 'cept now he's made all these promises to folks about fixin' up the shambles so maybe he still will, I dunno

<Denise> He ain't ha much time to think about it

<Denise> the bell started rining' when he was in the middle of a speech :o

<Denise> I'm hopin that Mlle Rionet is still gonna run though, if she can

<Enver> wow... that'd be somethin'

<Denise> even i she ain't got any new elected rats, she'w pretty swell

<Denise> an, like, with her da bein' the chancellor, she knows all kinds a stuff about bein' in charge of things

  • Enver nods

<Enver> but then like... you'd know the empress @_@

<Denise> that

<Denise> s weird

  • Denise says, making a face

<Denise> someone like me knowin' someone like that

<Enver> yeah

<Denise> though like I guess we met the old Emperor too...

<Enver> it was weird enough meetin'... yeah

<Enver> but we didn't *know* him, like, not like you'd be pals or whatever

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> well I dunno if I'd say she's a pal.... but like maybe for the Boss... They been workin' together real close now and they get on

  • Enver nods

<Denise> so *he'd* be friends withthe Empress ^_^

<Enver> well... that's still pretty close ;)

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> :3

<Denise> do you think it could really happen though?

<Enver> I dunno

<Enver> she's a Rat, so maybe folks wouldn't want it... :/

<Enver> but like you said, her da's the chancellor, she's a noble, so like... it ain't like she's just *any* Rat

<Denise> yeah....

<Denise> I dunno even a little how it works

<Denise> I'll ask the boss I guess... or her :3

<Denise> they're prolly plannin it all out right now ^_^

  • Enver nods

<Enver> or maybe sleepin', it's pretty late :)

<Denise> I guess....

<Denise> how much further are we takin' this?

<Enver> we're just about here

  • Enver glances up
  • Enver navigates us to a grate, which he opens up and we can bring the chest inside someone's basement.
  • Denise puts down her end
  • Enver as well

<Denise> where are we?

<Denise> ...

  • Denise bites her lip like she has an idea but waits for you to answer

<Enver> could be we're at the place we might buy, if we like it :)

<Enver> it's empty, don't worry

  • Enver adds, so you don't think we're creeping around in someone's house while they're upstairs asleep or whatever

<Denise> ^_^

<Denise> I was *gonna* say...

<Denise> you're quickr than me though :3

<Denise> let's go look then :3

  • Enver takes your hand to go upstairs and have a peek around :3
  • Enver has pretty clearly already been around here, and can show you around :)
  • Denise will investigate that kitchen pretty thoroughly, and also the plumbing :3

<Enver> (it has a proper bathtub and everything ;)

<Enver> see, so I could get cleaned off after work :3

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> an you could leave your stuff in the litte clost an just no one else would ever haf to go in there :p

<Enver> yup

<Enver> the bedrooms all got closets too

<Denise> oh wow..

<Denise> did they, like, so some kinda spell to move a fancy house to the shambles without it gettin all broke into?

<Enver> heh

<Enver> well... it's right near the river, yeah? so some folks don't like that.

<Denise> I'd say they're Mala Tajna 'cept then they wouldn't be movin to the Pav

<Denise> hmmm

<Enver> an' the Shade too >.>

<Denise> does it smell in the summer?

<Enver> with all that's been goin' on there...

<Denise> I like the Shade

<Denise> but I guess :p

<Enver> yeah me too - but like, all the weird stuff

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> well, I ain't too worries about that, not now

  • Enver nods

<Enver> I heard a fair few folks moved out of this area, 'cause of all that

<Denise> well then we wont have any scaredy jerk neighbors an maybe it'll be real cheap

<Enver> heh

<Enver> I hope so :3

<Denise> just like, as long as the river don't smell too bad.... it's okay now though

<Enver> yeah - I think it'd be livable.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> :3

<Denise> I like it

  • Enver smiles, happy to hear that

<Denise> but I still wanna have da come see it

<Enver> oh, yeah - we can do that, sure

  • Enver takes off his gloves so he can take your hand
  • Denise also takes off her gloves

<Enver> I can't wait to have our own house

<Enver> just for us :3

<Denise> an be married :3

  • Enver nods

<Denise> a *real* house just for us ;p

<Denise> an Lady

<Enver> yeah :)

<Enver> do you feel like you're ready for gettin' married? I mean... for bein' married, or the actual wedding stuff?

<Denise> mmmmm....

<Denise> like, *bein'* married, I figure that parts pretty easy

<Denise> I dunno, for the weddin' though

<Enver> yeah?

<Enver> is there anythin' I can help with that?

<Denise> I....I still ain't figured on what to wear.

<Denise> I now it's stupid

<Denise> it don't *really* matter

<Enver> oh

  • Enver squeezes your hands

<Enver> it ain't stupid, you're allowed to wanna look nice for your weddin' :)

<Denise> yeah....

<Enver> I mean - I think you'll look nice no matter what, but you should wear what you're comfortable with.

<Denise> I kept meanin' to ask Aunt Hettie but there was always thing's happenin or she's busy at work plus she an Nycki bioth got the babies comin...

<Enver> I bet if you ask her she'd help you put together somethin' real nice.

<Denise> yeah....

<Denise> maybe even if, like, she can get some ideas an.... maybe....Mam can help

  • Enver nods

<Enver> just whatever it is... remember the best part's gonna be takin' it off ;)

<Denise> un huh ^_^

  • Enver leans in to give you a kiss
  • Denise kisses back :3

<Enver> (then we'd better deliver that chest to wherever it's actually supposed to go, before we get in trouble for lazing around ;)