Diablotin 3 session 52

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 52 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: April 30, 2017
Diablotin date:

Prologue

Aubrienne discovers some of Hyacinth's more interesting abilities

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you have been of course taking care of Hyacinth, although also passing her around to various relatives so that you can have a break. Today is one of the days that you have her with you, though.

<DiablotinNarrator> She was taking a nap, while you caught up on some cleaning, or at least intended to, but wound up catching up on some napping of your own.

<Aubrienne> (heh)

<DiablotinNarrator> You are awakened by something fluttering against your face, very lightly.

  • Aubrienne starts.

<Aubrienne> Wha-huh?

<DiablotinNarrator> For a brief moment you think it's somehow snowing in your bedroom.

<DiablotinNarrator> Then you realize it's actually blossoms drifting down from the ceiling.

<DiablotinNarrator> Not that that is better, really.

  • Aubrienne wonders for a moment if Jed messed up some new spell.
  • Aubrienne sits up and looks around.
  • Hyacinth is in her cradle off to the side of your bed, and you can hear her giggling and cooing.

<Aubrienne> Heya sprout. This something to do with you?

  • Aubrienne goes to check on her.

<Hyacinth> ahguh?

  • Hyacinth 's cradle is full of leaves, underneath her and covering her like a blanket.
  • Hyacinth seems cheerful and happy at least? She waves her chubby little hands, and the flowers in the air swirl in response.

<Aubrienne> I thought that may be the case.

  • Aubrienne sighs, then reaches in to pick her up.
  • Hyacinth 's little adorable arms sprout tiny thorns and poke you

<Aubrienne> Ow!

  • Hyacinth is startled and starts to cry, and the thorns disappear again, the blossoms falling to the floor.

<Aubrienne> Shh, shh, it's okay.

  • Aubrienne starts singing quietly in Rat to try to calm her down.
  • Hyacinth hiccups and snuggles up against your shoulder
  • Hyacinth settles down again after a little bit

<Aubrienne> You're lucky I can clean this up easily, Zumby.

  • Aubrienne starts prestidigitating the leaves and blossoms into a pile.

<Hyacinth> ahbluh! <Aubrienne> Ahbluh?

<Hyacinth> blbbb

<Aubrienne> Blbbb indeed, madam.

  • Hyacinth seems okay and unaffected by her new... abilities?

<Aubrienne> This shouldn't cause any problems at all. -_-

<Aubrienne> It's a good thing you're cute.

<Hyacinth> plubff!

<Aubrienne> Tell me about it.

Return to the First World

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - the preparations to go on a rescue mission and retrieve Jonas-the-tree are well underway. Did anyone have anything they wanted to make sure to do or bring before going?

<Denise> (just make sure to let everybe know, really)

<Dorien> (Lots and lots of sample containers)

<Dorien> (and a sharp scalpel or two for getting samples)

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm picturing Dorien with a bandolier of little test tubes

<Dorien> (heeee, yes)

<Aubrienne> Have we talked to folks in the government? I feel like we might need to let someone know we need to go negotiate with a fey monarch.

<Aubrienne> Maybe after we've gone. :p

<Genevriel> lol

<Dorien> Better to get forgiveness and all that.

<DiablotinNarrator> well, the people with the closest contacts are you and Hugo, I guess - depends what you want to have told them?

  • Genevriel just will tell Madds about the trip and tell him not to stay up worrying about her.

<Aubrienne> I figure I'll tell Titania to use her best judgement.

<DiablotinNarrator> Not that Tits is 'the government' per se, but she's related to it ;)

<Hugonel> I'll tell Loick, and assume that he won't try to talk me out of it too much.

<DiablotinNarrator> when has Loick ever told someone not to do something dangerous and risky ;)

<Hugonel> heh, probably had to convince him not to come along for the ride

<DiablotinNarrator> Marl: Loick, I like you as an advisor. You never tell me no. That's one of your best qualities.

<DiablotinNarrator> (not like those jerks Aden and Guy :p)

<Dorien> (I know his name is Guy, but I like to think Marl has an advisor he just calls "Hey, guy...")

<DiablotinNarrator> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> Guy Fleegman.

<Genevriel> (I should hope Martan has a teeny tiny bit of influence, too, though he might choose to exert it through Aden or Guillame.  ;D)

<Aubrienne> I guess maybe have spent some time researching the Weeping Woods and any more we can get on Linthira.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> How about a Nature roll on that?

<DiablotinNarrator> or Planes, whichever is better

<Aubrienne> pulling up my sheet

<Genevriel> If someone asked me to look into it, I would have. But probably not otherwise. so, does someone ask me to look into it? I have demonstrated my awesome knowledge in game a few times.

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+12

  • Lan-werk rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 32 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> nice!

<Aubrienne> (I'll take it :))

<Dorien> (Woot!)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you have a reasonable sense of where the Weeping Woods *are* (athough geography in the First World can be mutable, you think you can locate it with confidence) and also of its origins.

<Aubrienne> Cool

<Aubrienne> (I need to head out, but obvs Aubrienne is going)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay - thanks for coming!)

<Dorien> Bye Josh

<Hugonel> bye Josh!

<Dorien> <3

<DiablotinNarrator> *hugs*

<DiablotinNarrator> The Weeping Woods began when Linthira's husband Aginor died, and she went into a period of deep mourning for him. Her grief was so great that the Weeping Woods grew in response, and since then, other fey have contributed trees to it as a symbol of their loss for other loved ones.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can gather together for your planned mission then. The plan I believe was for Lathra to cast Plane Shift and take you to the First World.

  • Denise has packed some hopefully useful things like food and suff but really doens't hae a great idea what is going to be needed :V

<DiablotinNarrator> (an axe? ;)

<Hettienne> (noooo don't chop Jonas!!)

<Hugonel> (fire, and lots of it?)

  • Genevriel brings food, weapons, and her mind. And clothes; she doesn't forget those.
  • Dorien brings plenty of defoliant bombs >.>

<Denise> (an axe might be useful tbh)

  • Denise will let Enver tell her what to bring, really ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> he can help you get supplied up, then :)

<DiablotinNarrator> 50 feet of rope ;p

<Denise> ugh this is hevy but I guess it makes sense

  • Hugonel will be wearing his lion cloak, forgoing fashion for security. Scarf packed safely away though, in case of need.

<DiablotinNarrator> hey are you saying your lion cloak isn't fashionable? ;p

<Hugonel> I am!

<DiablotinNarrator> 2016-Women-Men-Unisex-Pajamas-font-b-Lion-b-font-Animal-Couple-Pyjamas-Lovely-Cosplay-Costume.jpg

<Genevriel> (Cosplaying as what, pray tell... o_O I think the website has "cosplay" and "fursona" confused.)

<DiablotinNarrator> All right - you can all join hands for the spell to be cast.

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra casts Plane Shift to bring you to the First World in a hopefully less-traumatic way than last time.

<Lathra> Thank you for travelling on Scales Stagecoaches, we hope your trip was a pleasant one!

<DiablotinNarrator> You are transported to a new location, an expanse of rolling hills decorated with flowers.

  • Hettienne checks to see if she's 8 feet tall >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> You are yourselves.

<Hettienne> (aww)

  • Denise looks around, as well as at herself, and does feel a little relieved

<Denise> well it was better'n the last time we came here, for sure!

<DiablotinNarrator> Wherever you are, while it is presumably the First World, is not the Weeping Woods. Plane Shift is not an exact science. But fortunately Aubrienne knows which direction to head.

  • Hugonel looks around and takes stock of the place. Does it feel the same as last time? Different in some way?

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a Perception check I guess.

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+11

  • Lan-werk rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 14 ].

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+15

  • Lan-werk rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Hettienne> (lol)

  • Genevriel also looks around.

<Denise> !roll 1d20+12

  • Lan-werk rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 19 ].

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+7

  • Lan-werk rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 8 ].
  • Genevriel is oblivious.

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+8

  • Lan-werk rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 21 ].

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+16

  • Lan-werk rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 34 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+8

  • Lan-werk rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 9 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (amaze.)

<Denise> (lol.)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+25

  • Lan-werk rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+25 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 25 ] totals [ 44 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (well Argent did betteR)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - those who got a 20 or better, you can feel a faint difference in terms of the atmosphere of the place. Before, it was under threat from the Blight, while now it feels at least like that danger is lifted.

<DiablotinNarrator> The rest of you are oblivious to any change - just feels like the First World to you.

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne thinks you're probably about 40-50 miles away. Which is a long walk, but could be much worse (given that Plane Shift can drop you anywhere from 5 to 500 miles from your destination).

<Hettienne> that's uh...

<Hettienne> did anyone bring a bicycle? :/

<Denise> well I'm glad I wore boots

<Dorien> Well, we could probably make that in a day, more likely two

  • Lathra tries to turn into a bird when nobody's looking,, just in case

<Genevriel> I haven't been driving to work so long yet that I am out os shape.

<Hettienne> a day? O_o

  • Dorien shrugs

<Dorien> Unless you have a dimension door in your pocket

<Denise> well I guess we better get goin'...

<Genevriel> If we walked non-stop without taking a break of any sort, we would take about 16 hours to travel 50 miles.

<Hettienne> Maybe with your legs, stretch.

<Genevriel> Closer to 17.

  • Genevriel corrects herself.

<Denise> that's a lotta walkin'

<Denise> maybe we can find some folks who could help

  • Denise says, sounding dubious

<Hettienne> Or maybe you can give your poor fat aunt a piggyback ride :p

<Denise> only person I know who walks anythin' like that much at all is Enver :p

  • Denise chuckles

<Denise> maybe :V

  • Dorien walks to work every day at least, but he is kind of a ab rat. Not built for long distances.

<Denise> well, like come on, anyway, 'less anyone's got some kinda magic to get us there quicker

  • Denise collects all her stuff
  • Hettienne is glad she has comfortable shoes, anyway

The Return of Eletheni

<DiablotinNarrator> You're getting ready to set off when you see something approaching in the sky - a flying creature of some kind, getting gradually closer.

<Denise> woaaah

  • Genevriel will attempt to identify it.
  • Denise watches
  • Hettienne shields her eyes from the sun(?) and squints at it

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+18

  • Lan-werk rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+18 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 18 ] totals [ 35 ].

<Genevriel> (That's K:Nature)

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+12

  • Lan-werk rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Lathra> (K:planes)

<DiablotinNarrator> It has the body of a snake, but also wings. It flies closer to you and lands near you, and you recogize not just the type of creature, a lillend, but the specific creature, Eletheni.

<Genevriel> (I can do K:Planes as well, but Nature is the usual one for fey creatures)

<Denise> oh!

<Genevriel> It's Eletheni.

<Dorien> That thing looks... familiar

<Denise> hi :o

  • Lathra hops and waves

<Lathra> Oh hello! Hello!

  • Genevriel glances over at Hugo, certain he's the reason she is here.

<Eletheni> You have returned :)

<Hettienne> Oh. :o

  • Dorien shakes his head as memories start returning.
  • Hugonel is having an out of body experience ... unsure what to do or say.

<Denise> gosh!

<Denise> ....do hyou know who we all are?

<Hugonel> Ahhhh .... errrr ...

<Denise> or just Hugo? :o

<Hettienne> Well ain't that a thing.

<Eletheni> I recognize your inner selves as my companions for a time.

<Hugonel> ... hello.

<Hettienne> Inner selves?

<Denise> huh

<Genevriel> Our souls, perhaps.

<Denise> did you know we were coming? :o

<Hugonel> Why ... why are you here?

  • Hugonel stammers out.

<Eletheni> I told you we would see one another again. That I would come to you when I could.

<Hugonel> Yes, yes ... that's right. But we just got here a moment ago.

  • Eletheni smiles

<Eletheni> A moment for you, yes. Time is changeable here.

<Hugonel> Right. Well, of course. Yes.

<Hugonel> Ah, my companions, the ones who their inner selves ... shared time with ... are they also coming?

<Eletheni> That I do not know. Their paths are their own, and may intersect with yours again, or may not.

<Denise> it would be swell to meet Danys for real though :o

<Eletheni> But I could not pass up this chance to see you.

<Hugonel> Ah, well ... it is a *very* pleasant surprise to see you. I had not expected it, at all.

  • Hugonel seems to have regained a little composure.

<Denise> um

<Hugonel> We came here to look for a ... friend of ours, who is trapped here.

<Denise> yeah

<Hettienne> He's stuck in a tree :(

<Denise> in the Weepin' woods

<Eletheni> How unfortunate!

<Denise> we gotta get there....somehow >.>

<Hettienne> DO you got any idea how we'd get him out?

<Eletheni> It depends on how he came to be in this situation.

<Eletheni> Was he cursed into such a form?

<Hettienne> Seems like...

<Hettienne> We didn't see it happen

<Eletheni> If such is the case, then a spell to break the curse might work.

<Genevriel> Wasn't he imprisoned by one of the rulers here, though? So although it may seem a simple thing to free him, there could be unpleasant political repercussions for us.

  • Genevriel addresses her comment to the group, not specifically Eletheni.

<Hugonel> Perhaps you would care to accompany us, Eletheni? It would be a great pleasure to have a chance to get to speak to you, in person, so to speak.

  • Lathra creeps around Eletheni trying to see if Lathra is hidden anywhere on her person

<Eletheni> I would be honoured.

<Denise> swell!

  • Hugonel smiles broadly.

<Denise> I don't suppose you could help us get there faster? >.>

<Eletheni> I could carry some of you, but not all. Or I could assist with carrying your packs at least.

<Denise> that'd be real swell

<Hugonel> We would be deeply obliged. Thank you.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can set off with Eletheni, then.

<DiablotinNarrator> (brb bio)

<DiablotinNarrator> back

  • Genevriel starts whistling a Psyrene herder tune if no one says anything.
  • Denise would chatter woth folks, if anyone was chatty

<DiablotinNarrator> The travel is relatively smooth - you pass by some amazing sights, like raindrops of a vibrant blue-green that rise from the ground and fly up into the sky to form tranquil clouds, or a herd of creatures like deer but with humanoid torsos that dart past at a distance.

  • Denise waves at the realestate agents

<Genevriel> The laws of physics clearly do not apply here. So then, are they laws?

  • Dorien stops every now and then to take a sample of a plant or tree he hasn't seen before
  • Lathra makes aeroplane noises

<DiablotinNarrator> Eventually in the distance you can see a forest. It's still quite a ways off but at least an indication you're headed in the right direction.

<Denise> is that it?

  • Denise asks Eletheni, whi clearly shoudl know >.>

<Eletheni> That is the edge of the Weeping Woods. It extends for many miles, however. Do you know where your friend is located within it?

<Denise> .....

<Denise> Do we?

<Denise> Can we scry again maybe?

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think with Aubrienne's scrying + her roll of 20 earlier on her K: Planes she has a good idea of where he is)

<Denise> or like - now that we're here can we try talkin' to him again?

<Eletheni> I have the ability to speak with plants, but I would need to be close to him for it to be effective

<Denise> or was it just he couldn't talk back 'cause he was a tree?

<Denise> okay

<Denise> that oughtta work, anyway

<Denise> Danys could do that too

<Denise> ....did f you ever see any of the other folks that we', uh, were, when we were here?

<Eletheni> We went our separate ways after your departure, although some of them elected to continue to travel together.

<Hettienne> oh yeah?

<Hettienne> like who?

<Eletheni> Clovani remained at Icebriar, while the norn and the seer went to seek out the norn's sisters. Danys wished to return to her forest, while Silver and Aux departed together. Vreel had other missions to seek out, while Zola resumed her previous flighty ways.

<Dorien> What about... Drenio?

<Denise> an Veren and Anny?

<Lathra> And and Laaaaathaaaa

<Lathra> ra

<Eletheni> Veren sought to understand more of what had happened. He went to try and seek more knowledge, although I do not know where. Lathra returned to the Hollow Hall, at least for a time, although she may have since left there again for further destinations.

<Eletheni> I don't know of Drenio, but I did hear that Clovani was tending to an egg in his forge. Anny accompanied the norn on her journey.

<Denise> aww :3

<Genevriel> In some ways, I envy Vreel.

<Denise> neat

<Hugonel> I have thought of you often, since that time.

<Hugonel> I know our lives must be very little to you, in some ways, but I had hoped that you might have also taken something from our time together.

<Dorien> I hope at least that it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for all of you.

<Eletheni> Of course I did. It was a profound experience for me, and a chance to be part of a much greater tale.

  • Hugonel smiles.

<Hugonel> It appears the tale is not yet fully told. Much seems to be going on with the Lady Linthira, among others.

  • Eletheni nods

<Eletheni> Your actions taken here changed the course of the tale in this realm, and in others.

<Dorien> For the better, I hope

<Eletheni> We shall see.

<Denise> it better be for the better >:|

<Genevriel> We are all one...

  • Genevriel mutters.

<Hettienne> One what?

<Genevriel> That's the puzzle, isn't it?

<Hettienne> uhh

<Hettienne> okay

<Hettienne> . o O (crazy)

<Genevriel> One unified lifeforce, perhaps.

<Genevriel> We have counterparts in this plane - why not others?

<Genevriel> Multiple facets of each of us, one on each plane.

<Dorien> It's not unthinkable

<Hettienne> It's a bit woo for me

<Hettienne> Anyway, I'm only gonna worry about the plane I'm on. There's enough going on in one for me

<Genevriel> I wonder who my Cyst counterpart would be? I'm quite sure it would be a distrubing experience.

<Denise> eww

<Denise> D:

<Denise> I hope it don't work like that

<Genevriel> Agreed, but it is a distinct possibility.

<Hugonel> From your perspective, Eletheni, what is going on over here in the First World?

  • Eletheni considers that question for a moment

<Eletheni> The four rulers are in a state of change, as the balance of power shifts in this world. Linthira was formerly the most powerful, but since Eranthis regained his heart, he has also regained a greater interest in his realm and events beyond its borders.

<Eletheni> Eirlys has retreated into her bower, while Amanita remains untrusted by most, after the Blight. They may yet have their roles to play, but for now, they are at the sides, not the center.

<Eletheni> The shift from summer to winter is a natural one, and one that has happened many times before, but this time, it may not be a peaceful transition.

<Aubrienne> I suppose the Blight and it's aftermath were bound to affect the balance of power here.

  • Eletheni nods

<Aubrienne> Is it usually peaceful? None of the rulers seem like they'd cede power willingly.

<Denise> I guess Fall was the blight :P

<Eletheni> The transition of power is always challenging, but sometimes those at the center grow weary and wish to retreat for a time. This time, that is not the case.

<Eletheni> Linthira has sought allies from other powers among the realms. She even broached the matter of an alliance with Lamis, offering him one of her daughters as a wife, which is unprecedented.

<Eletheni> Most take this as a sign that she will not step aside quietly.

<Denise> huh

<Denise> How do Lamis's wife feel about that... 'cause like, I bet they ain't keen

  • Eletheni chuckles

<Aubrienne> Maybe it works differently in the First World.

<Denise> not when we were here it didn't!

<Eletheni> They may see the wisdom of such an alliance, but I doubt it pleases them to have a new rival for his attention.

<Denise> well

<Denise> what other realms?

<Denise> Like sisn't this all start 'cause we wanted tob find out what was goin' on with the fae stuff in our realm?

<Denise> she' ain't in with the people at the farm there, is she? D:

<Eletheni> the farm?

  • Eletheni asks, puzzled

<Genevriel> (Julia, would I have seen any indications that there might be a connection, since I started working there?)

<Genevriel> On our plane. An experimental farm near Diablotin.

<Denise> err, no, I meant the.... hospital

<Denise> I'm gettin' all confused -_-

<Denise> the pace where we rescued Raimond

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you have not yet seen any fey creatures at the farm, although it's likely some of the plants they're experimenting with have First World origins, so you could suspect there is some communication.

<Genevriel> Some of the plants I have seen at the farm may well have First World origins. What we saw at the hospital seemed mostly to be Cyst-related, though.

<Genevriel> That metal tree, however, was a trap for fey, was it not?

<Denise> right

<Denise> I guess though why do you ned a fey trap if there aren't fey around >.>

<Genevriel> It seems unlikely that Linthira would be working against the interests of her own people by trapping them on our plane.

<Eletheni> I do not know of such a place, I'm afraid. Perhaps the seer and the norn would know more - they were going to seek out the other norn-sisters to try and learn more.

<Denise> hrm.

<Denise> Maybe :/

<Denise> We just came to get Jonas though...

<Genevriel> Indeed.

  • Denise says, but sounds a little uncertain

<Denise> it's be nice if we could sort out *everythin'* but I dunno about that

<Hugonel> Part of the complexity here is that we know so little about what is going on in the background, and yet our actions clearly have consequences of import. Even rescuing Jonas, as noble a goal as it is, may come back to haunt us.

<Hettienne> I ain't leavin' him here, not when it's our fault what happened to him~

<Hugonel> No indeed! I just wish we knew more.

<Denise> we'll deal with whatever happens acause of it

<Eletheni> Perhaps when you are reunited with him, he will have more information about what occurred.

  • Eletheni says hopefully

<Denise> yeah!

<Aubrienne> That's my fervent hope.

<Genevriel> How much farther, Aubrienne, do you think?

<DiablotinNarrator> You could reach it by night, but that would be pushing everyone hard, you'd be tired when you got there, and also it would be dark. It might be best to camp for the night and get there tomorrow morning.

  • Genevriel would advocate for the camping option so that everyone's fresh if we have to fight.
  • Dorien concurs
  • Dorien needs to quit smoking.

<Denise> sure

  • Genevriel will set up a comfy camp

<Genevriel> (Rather like Vreel would have done, heh)

<Dorien> :)

  • Dorien will get some tea going

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you can make your camp for the night and settle in to get some rest as well as you can. And that is probably a good place to stop, rather than trying to do more things and getting interrupted in the middle.

<DiablotinNarrator> but it gives folks a chance to chat if they want, as solos or whatever