Diablotin 3 session 51

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 51 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: April 9, 2017
Diablotin date:

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm going to say it's been a couple of weeks since the last session - people have been really busy lately and I thought might benefit from having a little more time to rest (and/or prepare for upcoming future missions ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> Let's start with Dorien, if that's all right

<Dorien> sure

Dorien chats with Cyrell

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, your friend Cyrell stops by to see you.

<Dorien> Cyrell! Come in! How are you?

  • Dorien gives him a man-hug
  • Cyrell hugs back

<Cyrell> I'm doing pretty good, how are you?

<Dorien> Good. Very good. New lab, new job. Busy, but good.

<Dorien> (Is Misery around? And are we at my house or the lab?)

<Cyrell> (I was assuming your house, and let's say Misery and Argent aren't around right now)

<Dorien> (Ok)

<Cyrell> Nice, that all sounds really great :)

<Dorien> You should come by and see the place. It's not much, but I have big ideas for it.

<Cyrell> Yeah? I'd like to see it.

<Dorien> Do you want something to drink? Tea? Something stronger?

<Cyrell> Sure, what've you got in the 'something stronger' category?

<Dorien> Gin, rum... and something unlabelled that I've been scared to touch.

<Cyrell> I think I'll go for the gin, that sounds safest ;p

  • Dorien will get you one with ice.

<Cyrell> Thanks

<Cyrell> So look... I was wondering what ever happened with all that stuff I talked to you about before. With the weird equipment, and you said something about a government farm and ... I guess I just wondered if I need to be worried here.

<Dorien> Oh. Yeah. That.

<Cyrell> I gotta admit, I'm really hoping you'll say "oh yeah, it was nothing, don't worry" but... I'm sort of guessing that isn't what you're going to say.

<Dorien> It's... complicated. And we're still trying to figure it out, honestly. How long do you have?

<Cyrell> Well, I'm supposed to meet someone later. But I have a bit of time before then.

  • Cyrell says with a slight emphasis on 'someone' that you can guess means it's a girl ;p
  • Dorien grins slightly at that.

<Dorien> Well... where to start...

  • Dorien will give him the general story but leave out specific names of his accomplices.)
  • Cyrell listens, looking increasingly worried

<Dorien> Soooo... yeah. We're keeping an eye on the farm and we have someone on the inside now.

<Dorien> Have you seen or heard anything more at Talhain?

<Cyrell> That sounds all pretty suspicious. and just... weird, why would they need to do all this?

<Dorien> I wish I knew.

<Cyrell> More of the same really - there's a lot of work going on there that isn't above board.

  • Cyrell says re. his workplace

<Dorien> Anything new, or just the same missing shipments?

<Cyrell> Things like that, plus I'm getting asked to make parts for things I don't even know what they are.

<Dorien> Weird...

<Dorien> You know pretty much every type of alchemical gadget out there.

<Cyrell> They have us working on pieces, not whole items. I think so no one sees what the whole thing is.

<Dorien> ...huh...

<Dorien> That's ominous.

<Cyrell> I don't much like it. I'd rather know what I'm making.

<Dorien> Is there any way to see the other pieces?

<Dorien> I don't want to put you in harm's way or anything, but it might help to know.

<Cyrell> I don't even think it's all being made at our factory. I think it's spread across several, so none of us can put it all together.

<Dorien> Damn. <Dorien> Do you know where they're being shipped?

<Cyrell> I could probably find that out.

<Dorien> If you can maybe we can do some recon and find out what they're building.

  • Cyrell nods

<Cyrell> Okay... but look, if I lose my job over this, are you hiring? ;)

<Dorien> Heh... if orders start picking up some more we may be actually.

<Cyrell> At least I know you wouldn't put me in a position to do shifty stuff, right? ;p

<Dorien> Well... no *immoral* shifty stuff, anyway.

  • Cyrell laughs

<Cyrell> So, on happier news... I'm seeing someone :)

<Dorien> Hah! I thought so. You were pretty anxious to be on time for your appointment later. Who is it? Anyone I know?

<Cyrell> Well, this new shop opened up near the tram stop I take to get to work. Just a corner store kind of place, with some food packed to go and odds and ends folks need on their way to work or going home, that kind of thing.

<Cyrell> So I stopped in to see if the sandwiches were any good, and I met this girl who works there... Her name's Caz, she's pretty great :)

<Dorien> That's great, man :)

<Cyrell> Yeah, and it turned out they have pretty good sandwiches too, so win-win.

<Dorien> Maybe we could go on a double date sometime. You haven't met Misery yet, have you?

<Dorien> The person, not the mental state.

<Cyrell> No, I haven't - that'd be nice :)

<Cyrell> Things are still going good with you and her, then?

<Dorien> Really good. She's... I don't even know, man. She's perfect. Incredibly smart. Gorgeous. Resourceful. She's so much better than I deserve.

<Cyrell> sounds like it!

  • Cyrell says with a smile

<Dorien> I just hope I don't fuck it up like always.

<Cyrell> Ahh, some of those fuckups weren't your fault >.>

<Dorien> Heh

<Dorien> I'll take that as a compliment.

  • Cyrell will stay and finish up his drink with you before heading out to his date - and you guys can set a time for a double date as well :)

<Dorien> But yeah, we should all get together for dinner and drinks. Maybe this weekend. It's been too long since we've really just hung out

<Dorien> (Cool :) )

  • Dorien will also reiterate that if Cyrell ever wants out of his job or it gets too hot, Dorien will make sure that there's a job for him, even if the pay isn't great at first.

Aubrienne and Titania learn that Cordovera is pregnant and Jed is freaked

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you're taking care of Hyacinth, and Tits is around as well. It's mid-afternoon, and the baby is having a nap, which gives you two a chance to have a break and talk like actual adults ;)

<Aubrienne> (Hooray adulting!)

<Titania> Oh, so my sister Tess is pregnant... they haven't announced it yet, just family know so far.

<Aubrienne> Oh, that's nice.

<Aubrienne> Not very far along then, huh?

  • Titania nods

<Titania> She's really happy about it. She always wanted a big family.

  • Aubrienne smiles.

<Aubrienne> They're a lot of work, but it's worth it, according to my parents. And their parents...

<Titania> Well it's probably easier when you're an Imperial, too ;)

<Titania> There's always someone to do the unpleasant parts for you ;p Come to think of it, that goes for most things, not just babies.

  • Aubrienne laughs quietly.
  • Titania looks up as a little squeak comes from Hyacinth's cradle in the next room.

<Titania> Void, I thought she was out. I'll go settle her down, don't worry - you've been run off your feet all day.

<Aubrienne> You're the best.

<Titania> I know ;)

  • Titania heads into the bedroom, pushing the door closed to keep things quiet and hopefully get the baby settled again.

<DiablotinNarrator> You're just resting your eyes, Aubrienne - you're not really asleep... really. When the front door of your apartment opens and Jed bursts in, looking rather frantic.

<Jedrezej> Oh shit oh shit oh shit

  • Aubrienne starts

<Aubrienne> Jed?

<Aubrienne> Are you all right?

  • Jedrezej looks around, notices you're there and waves a piece of paper in your general direction

<Jedrezej> No I'm not all right!

<Aubrienne> What's that?

<Jedrezej> Vera's pregnant and oh fuck they're going to have me publically executed when they see what the kid looks like -_-

<Aubrienne> Whoa

<Aubrienne> Um, okay

<Aubrienne> Sit down.

  • Aubrienne fights down a smile.

<Aubrienne> Take a breath and let me get you something to drink.

  • Jedrezej flails around some more, sits down, and then immediately jumps up again in a new panic when Tits emerges from the bedroom and gives him a "REALLY?" look

<Titania> I'm assuming you mean my cousin Vera, not some other Vera? ;p

  • Jedrezej looks like he might die of alarm

<Aubrienne> (to Tits) So, uh, how right is he?

<Titania> Oh my gods did she tell you in a *note*? That is so Vera.

  • Titania rolls her eyes

<Jedrezej> I probably won't even get to see her for a couple of days, I'm just supposed to deal with this on my own I guess?!?!

<Titania> Pft. First, you're not on your own, you have your very good friends here to help. Second, gods my cousin is an idiot. I can probably get you in to see her if that's the problem.

<Aubrienne> What does the note actually say, Jed?

  • Jedrezej declenches his fist from around it to smooth it out and pass it to you.

<Jedrezej> (Basically "I need to tell you something important, I'm pregnant, we'll talk about it when I see you next, I love you, it'll be okay, Vera")

<Aubrienne> Okay, well, this doesn't look too bad.

<Jedrezej> WHICH PART?!

<Aubrienne> I would have said something in person, but...

  • Aubrienne shrugs

<Aubrienne> Well, she doesn't seem too terribly upset or anything.

<Aubrienne> So that's good.

<Titania> Vera's not good at... people :p She probably thought it would give you time to calm down and then talk about it sensibly. Or something stupid like that.

<Jedrezej> I AM VERY FAR FROM CALM.

  • Jedrezej swigs from the drink you gave him

<Aubrienne> <sk> It will be all right. I promise.

<Jedrezej> <sk> hoooooooooow

<Titania> They aren't literally going to kill you. They'll just have to find a way to make it look... you know, better than it is ;p

<Aubrienne> Maybe they'll fake some sort of noble line for you. ;)

<Jedrezej> oh shit am I going to have to marry her? :o

  • Aubrienne poorly stifles a laugh.

<Aubrienne> <sk> Oh, sweetie...

<Aubrienne> It really is too early to freak out this much.

<Aubrienne> I promise.

<Aubrienne> Freak out later, after you've talked to Vera.

<Titania> Do you want me to get you in to see her tonight? Because I am willing to try to do that.

<Aubrienne> You don't even really know what the whole situation is yet.

  • Aubrienne nods encouragingly at Titania's suggestion.

<Jedrezej> I... no, I'm really not ready. I mean I'm not ready for any of this. Maybe I can go live in a cave on the Shadow Plane instead.

<Titania> You're not allowed, I need you in the show ;p

<Aubrienne> Also, you'd hate living in a cave.

<Aubrienne> All your stuff is here. You like your stuff. :)

<Jedrezej> ughh I know :(

  • Jedrezej sits down again, looking miserable

<Titania> Look... it wouldn't be the first time there's been a totally weird looking inappropriate baby in the Imperial family.

  • Lan-phone (~AndChat35@node-4fh1oeteshpuj9b8mv7.ipv6.teksavvy.com) has joined #changeling
  • Titania points out, gesturing to herself.
  • Aubrienne gives Titania a look at "weird-looking"

<Titania> They're really really good at pretending things are fine, and if they pretend hard enough, most of the rest of the Empire will go along with them.

<Aubrienne> Maybe it'll be a good thing.

  • Aubrienne puts her arm around Jed
  • Jedrezej sighs

<Aubrienne> It's not the end of the world, and, hey, there will always be a cave waiting.

<Aubrienne> Let's call that plan...at *least* C.

<Jedrezej> What are A and B - marriage and execution? ;p

<Aubrienne> Okay, maybe it should go ahead of execution, but, really, that plan isn't up to you.

<Jedrezej> -_-

<Jedrezej> ...but hey, she said she loves me :3

<Aubrienne> There is that. :)

<Aubrienne> Have, uh, have you guys said that before?

<Jedrezej> it hadn't really come up >.>

<Titania> you do talk to her sometimes, right? like other than just during sex? ;p

<Jedrezej> Yes! Some.

<Aubrienne> Nothing you two have done together has brought up a situation in which that would be an appropriate thing to say? -_-

<Aubrienne> So, do you love her? She asked, putting you on the spot. ;)

<Jedrezej> I'm shadar-kai, our idea of love involves a lot more body piercing and a lot less talking about your feelings. I'm not good at this :p

<Aubrienne> Okay, but you chose to date a human.

  • Jedrezej sighs, acknowledging the fundamental truth of that statement

<Aubrienne> There's some give and take expected there, <sk> buddy.

  • Lan-phone (~AndChat35@node-4fh1oeteshpuj9b8mv7.ipv6.teksavvy.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 186 seconds)

<Jedrezej> I like her a lot. She's smart and interesting and fun to be around.

<Titania> We're talking about the same Vera, right? Always got her nose in books about eldritch horrors Vera?

<Jedrezej> Yeah. well, that's part of the interesting part.

<Titania> 'kay.

<Aubrienne> Some of us have different ideas of interesting, dear.

  • Aubrienne smiles.

<Titania> Yeah, I guess my Aunt Ilphere got married and had kids somehow. I think they make it work by never talking about her research.

<Aubrienne> That may be for safety reasons as much as anything.

<Jedrezej> ... maybe I should try to talk to her tonight. Vera I mean. Not Ilphere @_@

<Aubrienne> Yeah, I'd give that one some time.

<Aubrienne> But you should definitely talk to Vera.

  • Jedrezej sighs, nodding

<Jedrezej> all right

  • Titania puts her hand on his shoulder

<Titania> it'll be okay. I mean. it'll be awful for a while. But if you and Vera want to make this work, you'll manage.

<Jedrezej> Thanks boss, you always know what to say :p

<Aubrienne> She is pretty great. :)

  • Aubrienne gives Jed a hug and smiles at Titania.
  • Titania smiles back, trying to be at least slightly reassuring

Hettie and Denise learn that Serge-Yves has been dishonourably discharged

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie and Denise, you're home one morning when there's a loud knocking on the door. (we'll say Nycki and Enver are off at work/home, respectively ;)

  • Denise will go answer it
  • Denise is probably the only one awake, anyway >.>

<Denise> Hello?

<Serge-Yves> Hey there kid :)

<Denise> :D

<Denise> SERGE-YVES :D :D :D

  • Denise yells excitedly, and gves him a biiiiig hug :3
  • Serge-Yves hugs you back

<Denise> come on in, I was just havin' some coffee :3

<Serge-Yves> great, I could go for a cup if there's enough to go around :)

<Denise> yeah, it\'s jus' me an hettie

<Denise> she ain't quiiite up yet

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> though I guwss she might be now

  • Hettienne stumbles downstairs shortly thereafter, wearing her bathrobe.

<Hettienne> Wassall the racket.

<Denise> just your favourite brother ;)

  • Serge-Yves grins

<Hettienne> Heh.

  • Hettienne grins widely.

<Hettienne> Hey there stranger!

  • Serge-Yves steps across the room to give you a hug, picking you up

<Serge-Yves> Ungh, did you get heavier while I was away? ;p

<Hettienne> You're lucky you're my little brother or I'd whoop you for that :p

<Hettienne> oof.

  • Serge-Yves chuckles

<Denise> >.>

  • Denise makes nooo comment though O:)

<Serge-Yves> so, I heard there was coffee? :)

<Denise> yes!

  • Denise scurries into the kitchen to get some for both of you

<Hettienne> Dee is on it I'm sure :)

<Denise> (I can use that word, it's our word)

<Denise> anythin' else?

<Hettienne> I'm starving...

<Serge-Yves> well, if there's some breakfast, I wouldn't say no :)

<Denise> there can be but you gotta come in here while I whip it up

<Serge-Yves> sure thing

  • Serge-Yves will wander into the kitchen with you
  • Hettienne drops into a kitchen chair.

<Serge-Yves> so... I guess I got some news.

  • Serge-Yves says casually, as he helps get things ready for breakfast

<Hettienne> Oh?

<Serge-Yves> Yeah, well... I figured I been in the service long enough. I'm out. Gotta figure out somethin' to do now.

<Serge-Yves> But it means I should be around more :)

  • Denise gives a look while she gets some eggs and bacon into the frying pan

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Denise> are you gettin' out?

<Hettienne> That's great!

<Serge-Yves> it's a big change...

<Hettienne> You got any plans yet?

<Serge-Yves> Not really. I mean... other'n to get shitfaced for a couple nights.

<Hettienne> Hah!

<Serge-Yves> Would it be okay if I stay here until I can sort out a place to live?

<Hettienne> You're always welcome here!

<Hettienne> But you gotta know... Nycki's been stayin' with us

<Hettienne> <.<

<Serge-Yves> She's what?

<Hettienne> Y'know. Staying. Here. She lives here.

<Hettienne> >.>

<Serge-Yves> Okay... how's that workin' for you?

  • Serge-Yves asks cautiously

<Hettienne> Pretty great!

<Hettienne> Actually uh...

<Hettienne> We're expectin'...

<Serge-Yves> Expectin' what?

  • Denise wisely keeps her mouth she and bends her head over the stove so they wo't see her expression of GLeeeeee

<Hettienne> Well, y'know, what are ladies usually expectin'?

<Serge-Yves> good weather this summer? a package in the mail?.... Shit, Hettie :o a baby?

<Hettienne> Actually... two?

<Hettienne> Gods, I hope only two

<Serge-Yves> o_O

<Serge-Yves> Did she go off an' get knocked up by some fella an' then come crawling back to you? or...

<Serge-Yves> wait, is it you? you *did* get heavier :o

<Serge-Yves> ... what do you mean, two?

  • Serge-Yves is still processing the first bit ;)

<Hettienne> Both of us.

<Serge-Yves> On purpose? :o

<Hettienne> We found someone to, y'know, help us out

<Hettienne> I dunno how much detail you wanna get into but we didn't plan on it bein' both of us at the same time, no

<Serge-Yves> well, fuck :o excuse my language in the presence of children.

<Hettienne> We thought the first one hadn't stuck, but then...

<Hettienne> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Serge-Yves smiles at that
  • Denise looks up with a big grin

<Serge-Yves> You always gotta one-up each other, huh?

<Hettienne> I guess!

  • Hettienne grins

<Denise> they're gonna be so cute :3

<Denise> I mean Hettie's is gonna be cuter :3

  • Serge-Yves laughs

<Hettienne> Hah!

<Serge-Yves> well... I'm happy for you that things are workin' out good, then.

<Hettienne> Thanks, man :)

  • Serge-Yves gives you another hug

<Denise> are you still gonna wanna stay here....?

<Denise> I mean Enver's here all the time too an....

<Denise> !!!

<Denise> YOull be here for the weddin' for sure now :3

<Serge-Yves> I hope it'll only be for a little while. I mean, I can find a place, I just don't wanna pick the first dump I see...

<Serge-Yves> ... weddin'?

<Hettienne> Hah, now it's your turn Dee :p

<Denise> well it ain't for a while stilll

<Denise> I'm gettin' married

<Denise> in Eleventh month

<Serge-Yves> man, I miss everything :o

<Denise> BUT now you won't!

<Serge-Yves> congratulations, Dee, that's great :)

  • Serge-Yves comes to give you a hug too, even if you're cooking bacon and eggs

<Serge-Yves> Anything else I missed while I was away? Anyone else get married or anything? ;)

<Denise> ?me is actually really happy to know he'll be here and gives him a Super Fierce hug

  • Denise is actually really happy to know he'll be here and gives him a Super Fierce hug

<Serge-Yves> oof :)

<Denise> :D

<Denise> um.... wellll

<Denise> family stuff.... yeah.

<Denise> an other stuff

<Serge-Yves> good family stuff, bad family stuff.... ?

<Denise> there's, like... lotsa things

<Denise> good!

<Denise> well, I thikn

<Serge-Yves> okay... I'll take 'maybe good' over bad :)

<Denise> we talked about havin' a big family meetin when you gotback in town, BUt I think everyone kinda knows already

<Denise> I mean, still maybe we oughtta talk together

<Serge-Yves> I was hopin' we could all get together, yeah. I wanna see everyone :)

<Hettienne> Family picnic? :p

<Serge-Yves> That sounds like a good idea - ain't no house big enough for all of us these days :)

<Denise> maybe, it's gettin' nice, yeah :3

<Serge-Yves> Everyone can bring their boyfriends, girlfriends, whatever... don't have to worry about crowdin' in.

<Denise> that sounds real nice

  • Serge-Yves nods

<Denise> we just gotta find a time when folks aren;t all workin'

<Serge-Yves> And hey, I'll figure out somethin' to do. I don't wanna mooch off you for months, Hettie.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Hettie, can you make a Perception check?)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+15

  • Denise rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Hettienne> (apparently not)

<DiablotinNarrator> (everything's great! no problems here at all! :)

<Hettienne> (-_-)

  • Serge-Yves will enjoy his breakfast and chatting with you two, and then after Denise takes off for work, he'll have a chance to talk to Hettie alone.

<Serge-Yves> Hettie... I gotta tell you, I don't know how much I can pitch in for expenses for a bit. At least til I get work or somethin' else comes along.

<Hettienne> Oh honey. You know that's alright.

<Hettienne> You're family.

  • Serge-Yves smiles a little at that

<Hettienne> ... but ain't they givin' you a pension or something?

<Serge-Yves> They don't give you that if they kick you out >.>

  • Hettienne frowns a little, concerned.

<Hettienne> :o

<Hettienne> Whaaaat?

<Hettienne> WHat happened?

<Serge-Yves> Yeah, well... It worked out good last time, so I figured I'd bring some more of that stuff back. Easy extra cash, no trouble.

<Hettienne> -_-

<Hettienne> And then?

<Serge-Yves> Then they found it in my stuff, accused me of smuggling drugs, all sorts of stuff. Since it ain't actually illegal yet, on account of how they just found out about it, they can't arrest me over it, but they sure can kick me out of the navy with no pension :/

<Hettienne> Ugh. I thought we were just gonna get rid of that stuff and be done. I didn't think you were gonna try an' make a career of it -_-

<Serge-Yves> It wasn't a career, just a bit of extra money on the side... :/

  • Serge-Yves sighs

<Hettienne> It were a mistake to do it the first time -_-

<Serge-Yves> I'm an idiot, I know, you ain't gotta tell me.

<Hettienne> You get mixed up in shit like that, you get people like me an' Nyck shootin' you up!

<Hettienne> Jus... promise me you're all done with that kinda junk.

<Serge-Yves> Yeah, I'm done with it.

<Hettienne> You ain't gotta tell me about doin' dumb shit 'cause it seemed like a good idea at the time.

<Hettienne> >.>

<Serge-Yves> heh

<Serge-Yves> I'll figure out somethin' to do. I mean it that I don't wanna take advantage. Especially if you got two little ones on the way ;)

<Hettienne> I'll help you if I can... Family first, right?

<Hettienne> What kinda work you think you're wantin'?

<Serge-Yves> I really don't know. I been in the navy so long it's all I really know how to do. But I don't wanna get signed on with a shipping company or somethin', an' just head off again for months.

<Serge-Yves> I really am lookin' forward to bein' around more, not missin' out on everything that happens.

<Hettienne> Y'know, I think my friend might be lookin' to hire a new assistant.

<Serge-Yves> what sorta assistant?

<Hettienne> Well, she's got a magic act at the cabaret.


<Serge-Yves> huh. do I gotta be able to do magic?

<Hettienne> No, mostly you gotta look good in tiny pants.

<Hettienne> So you'd be perfect!

  • Serge-Yves laughs at that

<Serge-Yves> well, that part I can handle :)

<Hettienne> :D

<Hettienne> Awright, I'll talk to her an' see what she says!

<Serge-Yves> thanks, sis :)

  • Serge-Yves gives you another hug

Hugo and Aubrienne chat about the Fey situation

  • Hugonel will try to catch Aubrienne at the end of a show one night (assuming we still actually work there and don't just meet for conspiracies)

<Aubrienne> (I think we can manage both stage performances and conspiracies. It's mixing them up that's the problem.)

  • Hugonel is wearing his full tuxedo and silver scarf, his typical stage costume.

<Hugonel> Good show tonight, Aubrienne.

<Aubrienne> Thanks, Hugo, you too. :)

<Aubrienne> What're your plans for the rest of the evening? Hot date?

<Hugonel> Ah ... no. Well ... ahhh, no.

<Hugonel> I must be getting old.

  • Aubrienne laughs.

<Hugonel> One of the advantages of having had white hair since birth is that no one can tell.

<Aubrienne> It's all right. You've had plenty of practice being a silver fox. ;)

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Hugonel> I've been meaning to talk to you. I don't think we've really talked since we all talked to Raimond

<Hugonel> Have you been back to see him at all? I should check in with Dasra.

<Aubrienne> (Sorry, need to check a thing)

<Aubrienne> I haven't seen him since then, no. I keep meaning to, but things keep piling up.

<Aubrienne> Why? Is something the matter?

<Hugonel> No, nothing compared to anything that has been happening recently. I guess that's part of why I wanted to talk to you. I don't always talk to everyone as often as I might. Argent is ... reserved so we don't talk often, I think Hettienne thinks I'm a pervert, and, well ... I wanted to make sure I wasn't shirking any responsibilities.

<Aubrienne> Aww, Hugo, I think you may have a skewed view of what other people think of you. :/

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Hugonel> Normally I think they're all trying to get into my pants. Is that better?

<Aubrienne> Well, at the very least, you came to the right person to disabuse you of that notion. ;)

<Hugonel> Fair enough.

<Aubrienne> I don't *think* you're shirking any responsibilities, but, you know, if you want some, I could probably use your help with something.

<Aubrienne> Something more along the lines of our extracurricular activities.

<Hugonel> Oh?

<Aubrienne> Do you know about what's happened to Jonas?

<Hugonel> No, what's happened to him?

  • Aubrienne looks guilty.

<Aubrienne> Well, Hettie and I asked him to help us with the Irminsul business.

<Aubrienne> Strictly information-gathering, which we thought would be pretty safe.

<Aubrienne> But he went back home, to the First World, and he's...being held prisoner, I think. I'm not one hundred percent sure what it counts as, but he's in a tree there.

<Aubrienne> As in, melded with one, I think.

<Aubrienne> Obviously, we'd like to go get him.

<Aubrienne> I'm hoping we can negotiate his release, which seems like your forte.

<Hugonel> How did you find this out? Who is holding him? Have you talked to him? How would we get there?

  • Hugonel shoots questions as quickly as he can think.

<Aubrienne> I scried him, Linthira, no, and we have a couple of options.

  • Aubrienne fires back.

<Aubrienne> He's in a place called the Weeping Woods, a kind of graveyard for the fey in Linthira's realm, but he's not dead, just...stuck.

<Hugonel> Linthira.

<Hugonel> Hmmm.

<Aubrienne> Well, he went to see her, and he's being held in her realm. It's supposition, but I'm reasonably confident.

<Hugonel> I have some information that may shed some light on this.

<Hugonel> I was talking to Eirini recently. We've come to an ... understanding over the past.

<Aubrienne> O...kay.

<Hugonel> I went to her to talk about the Codex of the Dark Tapestry that Amanita used to send us to the First World. Apparently Linthira wanted to take it from Amanita and there was some sort of quarrel. Linthira is quarrelling with both Amanita and Eranthis, so it seems.

<Hugonel> ... Eirini is afraid there's going to be war among the fey over control over the Irminsul, and the First World more generally.

  • Aubrienne sighs.

<Aubrienne> Just what we need.

<Aubrienne> Them warring when we need them focused on the Cyst.

<Aubrienne> For that matter, I don't see a way a war there doesn't spill over here.

<Hugonel> Eirini also mentioned to me that some of the fey who were living in the First World have gone missing. She didn't mention Jonas, but ... it does fit.

<Aubrienne> This is *so* above our pay grade.

<Hugonel> Yeah. I just came wanting to know about the Codex, and the actual Dark Tapestry after which it's named, and ended up hearing about all this.

<Aubrienne> Does Amanita still have the Codex?

<Hugonel> That's my understanding, yes. As far as Eirini knew, yes. Linthira certainly doesn't have it.

<Aubrienne> Any idea what she wants with it?

<Hugonel> Not really, no. I mean, it's meant to open passage between the planes, so something to do with that, presumably.

<Hugonel> Oh, also, have you ever heard of something called the Circle of Brethren?

<Aubrienne> The secret society?

<Aubrienne> Kind of a cross-fey thing?

<Hugonel> Yes, fey, and elves, working in unison.

<Hugonel> They apparently have an interest in the Codex, and that's how Amanita got it, from one of their membership, an elven woman.

<Aubrienne> Any idea what *she* wanted it for?

<Aubrienne> Was she contacting the Cyst and didn't realize how bad they were?

<Aubrienne> I mean, if she's working with a cross-fey group, and the Cyst used to be fey, or whatever they were before then...

<Hugonel> I don't know. I just don't know. It feels like we don't know anything, and are just fumbling around and hoping not to do something that gets us all killed.

  • Aubrienne shrugs.

<Aubrienne> I hear you.

<Hugonel> What can I do to help with Jonas?

<Aubrienne> For the moment? Not a lot. I guess just be ready to go once we figure things out. Talk to Titania, probably. Who knows how long we'll be gone this time.

<Hugonel> Okay. I will also mention it to my uncle when I'm talking to him next. Loick may be in a position to help logistically.

<Aubrienne> Oh, yeah, that'd be good.

<Aubrienne> I'm hoping to keep this from being a diplomatic problem, but maybe we should let someone in authority know what's going on.

<Hugonel> Yeah.

<Hugonel> Well, look, it was good talking to you. I should probably get changed out of this and into a more comfortable scarf.

  • Aubrienne grins.

<Aubrienne> Of course. Wouldn't want to be caught out in a work scarf.

<Hugonel> Horror of horrors, no!

<Hugonel> Good talking to you, Aubrienne.

<Aubrienne> You too, Hugo.

Gen goes for a country weekend with Madds

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you gave your two weeks' notice at the club, and have completed your final night there. As a parting gift, Titania gives you a little something to say thank you for your work - a nice pocket watch engraved with her thanks.

<Genevriel> Thank you, It's lovely.

  • Genevriel is surprised that a busboy merits such a gift.

<Titania> You know you can always come back, too ;) Although I hope you'll find your new job is so enjoyable that you won't want to.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Genevriel> I'll keep it in mind, thank you. Lab work might not agree with me so well as washing dishes.

  • Genevriel 's eyes might sparkle a *little* mischievously.
  • Titania smiles at that

<Titania> Best of luck, Gen :)

<Genevriel> Thank you.

<DiablotinNarrator> Your various co-workers will also bid you farewell :)

  • Genevriel puts on a good show; she isn't super comfortable with good-byes.

<DiablotinNarrator> Did you want to take a day or two off before starting your new job, or go right into it? :)

  • Genevriel will take some time off to ground herself before jumping into what could be an uncomfortable situation for her.
  • Madds will try to coordinate taking a little time off at the same time as you, then, so we can maybe go out to visit the horses :)
  • Genevriel is enthusiastic about that!

<Genevriel> (Also: how comfortable is he with me borrowing his car to commute to work - at least until I can afford to buy my own?)

  • Madds is okay with that, since he can get to his work by tram or take a cab if necessary.

<Genevriel> (I know, I know, I have a ton of money in theory... but that's supposed to all be in a trust fund)

  • Genevriel will ask if she can drive to his family's farm (so she can assure him that his car is in good hands)
  • Madds agrees to that :)

<Genevriel> (Okay, I drive us out to the farm!)

<Madds> How are you feeling about all of this? I mean... it's a big change.

  • Madds asks on the drive

<Genevriel> Well... I am happy to be doing something intellectually stimulating - well, I hope it will be, at least.

<Genevriel> But as you know, I have plenty of reservations about working there, in particular.

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> A less shady experimental farm would be more to my liking.

<Madds> I admit that part of me hopes that it turns out there's nothing bad going on there, and you'll like the job, and can stay in it for a while. I'd like to see you have work that makes you happy.

<Madds> But even if this one isn't any good, maybe they'll give you a good reference when you leave ;)

<Genevriel> As long as I don't blow my cover.

  • Genevriel smiles slightly, though she keeps her eyes on the road.

<Madds> I very much hope that doesn't happen.

<Genevriel> I as well.

<Genevriel> Are you all right with me doing this?

<Genevriel> I mean, it's a little late if you're not. But if there's any assurances you need...

<Genevriel> You just need to speak them.

<Madds> I'm nervous about it. I know it's your decision to make, and that you're doing it for good reasons. But I'm still concerned about things that could go wrong.

<Genevriel> What do you envision going wrong?

  • Genevriel asks pragmatically.

<Madds> Well... if it turns out they're actually involved in ethically dubious secret research, then they might be prepared to take dangerous steps to prevent that from coming out. If they find out you're there to investigate, they might ... I don't know, mulch you or something ;p

  • Genevriel glances over at Madds

<Genevriel> Mulch me?

  • Genevriel smiles and turns her attention back to the road.

<Madds> Turn you into nutritious fertilizer? feed you to carnivorous plants? I don't know :p

<Genevriel> I knew what you were suggesting. We all become mulch in the end.

<Madds> I'd prefer to keep you unmulched as long as possible, thanks.

<Genevriel> I've told you I'll be careful.

<Genevriel> I'm not sure what else I can do.

<Madds> I know.

<Madds> And then... okay, this is maybe both less and more far-fetched than the mulching.

<Madds> What if they know you're there to spy on them, and try to feed you false information?

<Genevriel> A possibility I hadn't considered.

<Genevriel> Well, I'm not the best at determining people's motivations, but I'm not completely oblivious, either.

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> I knew, going into this, that I would have to remain alert. It's not so different from being behind enemy lines. So there is every possibility that I might notice if something is amiss.

<Genevriel> Again: I'll be careful. I promise.

<Madds> I know. I trust you to be on your guard. I just wish I could be there to watch your back.

<Genevriel> Thank you. I do appreciate your concerns, Madds. Aside from any more personal considerations, they help me consider different contingencies and, perhaps, prepare for them.

  • Madds smiles at that
  • Madds will change the subject to talk about more pleasant things, then

Hugo finds out that military people have been pestering Dasra

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you wanted to talk to Dasra? Where do you want to meet her?

<Hugonel> (wherever she's most comfortable, I guess)

  • Dasra can invite you to her house, seems easiest
  • Hugonel heads over during the daytime, so as to not look too sketchy
  • Dasra looks like she's better rested than she has been for a while, nicely dressed, hair styled.

<Hugonel> Hello, Dasra, darling. You look lovely.

<Dasra> Oh... thank you. Nice scarf.

  • Hugonel smiles broadly.

<Hugonel> Thank you!

<Hugonel> How have you been?

<Dasra> All right, I suppose. Angry.

<Hugonel> Angry at whom?

<Dasra> At my mother-in-law, at Claar, at everyone who's working with her...

<Hugonel> Has something happened since we spoke last?

<Dasra> Other than several visits from 'helpful' people from the War Office who want to 'make sure my husband is all right'?

  • Hugonel sighs.

<Hugonel> I'm sorry to hear that. Also ... I'm here to make sure your husband is all right.

  • Dasra frowns at you
  • Hugonel laughs lightly.

<Dasra> How can she get away with ... whatever all this is?

<Hugonel> She has powerful friends.

<Hugonel> Allies from the war, from before the war.

<Dasra> The Warlord? The Emperor? how high up does this go?

<Hugonel> The Warlord, definitely.

<Hugonel> Who knows the mind of the Emperor?

<Dasra> well I don't. But someone must. You work with his daughter, you have a closer connection than I do.

<Hugonel> I do have connections in the imperial family, it's true. My sense is that the emperor is unaware of some of the more nefarious things that have gone on under his name, but then, a sort of willful ignorance of nastiness is a quality most emperors have, if they are going to survive in the role.

<Dasra> well maybe he needs to know about it!

<Dasra> Maybe I can get close to him and seduce him into doing something about it :p although I suspect I'm a little too old for him.

<Hugonel> Hmmm ... When the War Office comes, is it always the same person or is it different people?

<Dasra> Different people.

<Hugonel> Do they identify themselves? Do you have their names?

<Dasra> oh... I hadn't thought to write them down, I was just so angry that they'd have the *nerve* to come here and act so solicitous over Raimond, as though they hadn't done this to him!

<Hugonel> You aren't required to let them in, are you?

<Dasra> No, and I certainly haven't!

<Hugonel> Right, well, there's that, at least. Does Raimond know they've been coming for him?

<Dasra> I haven't wanted to trouble him with that...

<Hugonel> Do you ever leave him here alone?

<Dasra> Oh, he isn't here! He's still at Silvia Rionet's house. She's had the same sorts of folks pestering her, but she's much better than I am at giving them the boot.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Dasra> Goodness, that's the only reason I had time to have my hair done or get some sleep for the first time in ages.

<Hugonel> I can talk to my uncle Loick, but there's probably not much he can do. He despises Claar, has for decades, as I understand it.

<Dasra> She and her channel folks have been wonderful. And Lathra and Genevriel have done so much too.

<Dasra> What about the Emperor though? I'm not really serious about seducing him - ugh - but shouldn't someone tell him what's actually going on? or ... find out if he already knows?

<Hugonel> I can try to reach him, through Titania or Loick, I suppose, but I don't imagine it's so easy to get an audience.

<Hugonel> I can see what I can do. No promises.

<Dasra> All right.

<Dasra> I guess that's all we can do :/

<Dasra> how about you, how have you been doing?

<Hugonel> I'm ... all right, I guess. I'm trying to figure out whether being a cabaret performer is where I want to be. I keep getting caught up in things.

<Dasra> what would you do instead, go into politics? ;)

<Hugonel> Oh void, I can't imagine. I think my past probably keeps me out of contention for that. I should probably be grateful.

  • Dasra chuckles

<Dasra> Well, you have a voice for radio - you could do that.

<Hugonel> And waste this gorgeous face? ... Although, I am getting older ... ;P

<Dasra> Pft, don't be silly. You look fine, just like always.

<Hugonel> Well, I don't really know. It's not that I'm unhappy. Just that I seem to be getting pulled towards bigger things.

<Dasra> None of us know where life will lead us, I suppose. This wasn't where I envisioned myself either.

  • Dasra sighs

<Hugonel> Well, I'm glad to see you doing so well, even if you are angry. And it seems like Raimond is finally making real progress.

  • Dasra nods

<Dasra> He's doing much better than he was, yes. But he may never fully recover. And I suppose I just have to learn to live with that.

<Hugonel> Let's hope for the best.

  • Dasra nods
  • Dasra will make idle chit chat, serve you a drink, whatever - unless you want to escape before anyone gets too tempted by anything inappropriate ;p
  • Hugonel will politely accept drinks as offered, but will try to be good otherwise :)
  • Dasra can manage being good if you do ;)

Solos

The Murodeas have a family reunion

<Denise> what is the plan here?

<DiablotinNarrator> family gathering to welcome home S-Y

<DiablotinNarrator> with other family stuff

<Denise> okay :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Now, I think the suggestion was to have a picnic? as no one has really got a big enough house for everyone

<DiablotinNarrator> So you all can gather at, say, Templewood in Rhenea, as the closest 'nice' park for your family gathering :3

  • Hettienne is bringing Annyck this time; fuck the haters
  • Denise will have been fussing over picnic foods

<DiablotinNarrator> You're not the only one to bring a plus one, Hettie - Alain will bring Flavia, your assistant ;)

<Hettienne> (oooOOooooo)

  • Denise is bringing Enver of COUrse

<Denise> (assuming he can make it and doens't need to sleep or something, anyway)

<Serge-Yves> (yeah he can be there :)

  • Denise chases everyone out of the picnic food until it is picnic *time*
  • Patric will get your mother there, Denise, in her wheelchair, even if he has to carry it a few times to get it over bumps and curbs and stuff

<Denise> :3

<Denise> (Does Mikel bring a +1? >.>)

  • Mikel does not, he comes alone
  • Denise gives him a big hug anyway
  • Mikel hugs you back

<Denise> Mik!

<Mikel> hey, how's things, Denise?

<Denise> Well, um... there's some good things an some more mixed up things, so I guessl like, that's just what normal is now @_@

<Denise> how're you?

<Mikel> uh... like, same I guess.

<Mikel> good things, mixed up things.

<Denise> well, we'll sort 'em out

  • Mikel nods
  • Denise says, with determination

<Mikel> I don't really wanna talk about some of it here... just, not with Da an' everyone around >.>

  • Denise has a big hug for Yvie as well, and anyone else who wants one
  • Denise nods

<Denise> Later, then.

<Mikel> yeah

  • Serge-Yves is delighted to see everyone and also gives lots of hugs all around, even to Pat ;p
  • Patric accepts with a slight grimace
  • Denise smirks at that but won't say anything
  • Thierry and Rosalie have little Avionne there, who is now crawling around and pulling up on things
  • Denise has made different sandwiches and also a pie and a cake

<Thierry> So... I got an announcement I guess :)

<Denise> oh yeah?

  • Thierry says with a glance to his wife, who shrugs/nods, in a sort of 'sure go ahead' way.

<Thierry> Rosalie's expectin' again :)

<Denise> :o

<Denise> :D

<Denise> Congrats!

<Denise> Eeeee!

<Hettienne> Well that's great :)

<Thierry> We weren't figurin' on it quite so soon, but well... I guess they'll be close, growin' up together :)

<Denise> :3

<Rosalie> That's enough for a while after that, though ;)

  • Denise bites her lip but eyes Hettie
  • Hettienne glances over at Nycki
  • Nycki gives you a 'sure okay' look, much like Rosalie's

<Hettienne> Well, might be they're gonna have some cousins soon :3

<Thierry> oh yeah?

<Denise> :D :D :D :D

<Hettienne> Mm-hm

<Rosalie> Cousins, like more than one? :o

  • Hettienne looks over at Nycki and grins :3
  • Nycki smiles too

<Rosalie> Well congratulations!

<Thierry> Yeah :o Wow, just... I wasn't expectin' that.

<Hettienne> Thanks. :)

<Nycki> What, on account of our lack of menfolks? ;)

<Hettienne> We're resourceful :v

  • Rosalie chuckles
  • Denise bites her lip again

<Alain> Well, if everyone's doing announcements...

<Alain> I asked Flavia to marry me, and she said yes :)

  • Alain takes Flavia's hand, and she smiles shyly at all these family folks

<Denise> :o :D

<Hettienne> Eee!

<Denise> Oh gosh!

  • Hettienne squeals with delight!

<Hettienne> COngratulations!!

<Alain> Thanks :)

  • Denise gives them both hugs :3
  • Alain seems happier than he has in a long while

<Hettienne> Welcome to the family, girlie :3

<Flavia> thanks, Miss Hettie :)

<Hettienne> Aw, just Hettie, c'mon now.

  • Flavia blushes, smiling

<Alain> I figured we'd wait til after your wedding, Dee - don't wanna jump the queue :)

<Hettienne> Heh.

<Denise> aww, you don't gotta

<Alain> Plus, Flavia needs time to make her dress.

<Denise> well, there is that, I guess >.>

  • Denise tries notto sigh

<Serge-Yves> Man, I feel like I should have some great big announcement too.

<Denise> well, you do!

<Serge-Yves> Oh, well, yeah. Not like that, though :)

<Serge-Yves> For the record, I'm not getting hitched, or makin' any babies with anyone.

<Serge-Yves> Just so that's all clear.

<Denise> heh heh heh

<Denise> not yet >:D

  • Serge-Yves gives you a raised eyebrow

<Serge-Yves> You know somethin' I don't, kid? ;)

<Denise> I heard a some priests that'll do it, is all I'm sayin ^_^

  • Serge-Yves chuckles

<Denise> uh, the marryin' parts

<Denise> I dunno 'bout the babies

<Denise> ;p

<Serge-Yves> yeah, babies would really be above an' beyond the usual priestly duties

  • Hettienne snickers

<Denise> anyone else? ^_^

<Serge-Yves> But I guess I do have one thing - that I'm gonna be stickin' around here from now on.

<Serge-Yves> Finally gettin' out of the bell bottoms ^-^

<Denise> :D

<Denise> it's gonna be so swell for you to be around more

<Serge-Yves> I'm lookin' forward to not missing every family thing that goes on.

<Serge-Yves> An' it sounds like there'll be a lot of good ones comin' up :)

<Hettienne> (where's ol scowly pat during all of this?)

  • Patric is lurking near the pies ;p

<Hettienne> (lol)

<Denise> (lol - he would)

  • Patric will loom over to you, Hettie

<Patric> so.. I guess congratulations are in order.

<Hettienne> Uh... thanks!

  • Hettienne is stunned for a sec there.

<Patric> well... I wouldn't have thought you'd want kids, after all you more or less raised this lot. That'd be enough for anyone.

  • Patric says with a wave to the brothers in the vicinity

<Hettienne> Heh. Well it's been a while.

<Patric> I guess it does fade after a while.

<Patric> the bad parts.

<Hettienne> I guess.

<Hettienne> Or nobody would have more 'n one

  • Patric nods

<Patric> well, apart from by accident >.>

  • Patric says with possibly reference to his own kids, or Thierry's forthcoming one ;p

<Hettienne> Lucky for me *that* ain't too likely, heh

  • Patric gives a sort of half-smile at that

<Patric> yeah... well.

<Patric> Me an' Elcie ... I mean, I sorta thought all that was in the past now.

<Hettienne> ...

<Hettienne> Is she..?

<Patric> she says yeah, but not too far along - she don't wanna say nothin' yet. so like... I didn't wanna spread it to the whole family, but I gotta tell someone.

<Patric> I'm worried about it >.>

<Hettienne> Well damn...

  • Hettienne takes his hand and gives it a squeeze

<Hettienne> I know we don't always get along so good... but if you need anythin'...

  • Patric seems surprised by that

<Hettienne> Or you just wanna come over, whatever.

<Patric> well... thanks.

<Hettienne> You're family :p

<Hettienne> An' that's forever.

  • Patric makes a sort of pained smile

<Patric> I just hope she'll be okay. I ... I shoulda made sure she got a potion or ... just done other stuff instead >.> but well. there it is now.

<Hettienne> I hope it goes smooth too.

  • Hettienne gives him what she hopes is an encouraging smile.

<Hettienne> She seein' her doctors on the regular?

<Patric> She's got a lady who comes in pretty often, yeah. Few times a week. Plus Mik's a good help with all that, but well... this ain't somethin' he should have to deal with, for his Mam.

<Hettienne> I got a friend who's a priest... Not Rat, but that might be better if you're tryna keep it on the downlow for now...

  • Patric nods

<Patric> If your friend would see her, that'd be ... well, hopefully it'd help put our minds at ease.

<Hettienne> I'm sure she will... I'll talk to her an' let you know.

<Patric> thanks, Hettie

<Hettienne> No problem

  • Patric lurks off to check on how Elcie's doing

<Serge-Yves> So! when do we get to eat all this food? :)

  • Denise chuckles

<Denise> well, we're all here now!

<Serge-Yves> I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear you - did you say 'dig in'? ;)

<Denise> yes ^_^

<Serge-Yves> Great :D

<DiablotinNarrator> You all enjoy the food - that part everyone can agree is great :)

Dorien and Misery go on a double date with Cyrell and Caz

<Dorien> I assume we're meeting for dinner somewhere?

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes, you and Cyrell can have arranged to meet up for dinner at a decent but not too fancy place in the Castalia district - The Sunny Side.

<Dorien> Cool

<DiablotinNarrator> probably a student hangout type place

<Dorien> Dorien will wear a nice shirt. Something with ruffles maybe :3

  • Misery wears a hat and sunglasses.

<Dorien> ActuallyMan, I bet he's had to buy a suit to meet clients

<Dorien> Maybe something pinstriped

<DiablotinNarrator> snazzy :)

<Dorien> hee

  • Cyrell meets you there with a girl who is presumably his new girlfriend
  • Caz is short and slender, with dark brown hair that's short and kind of spiky. She looks about early 20s or so, and is wearing a black jacket and short skirt.

<Cyrell> Hi Dorien :)

<Dorien> Cyrell! Good to see you! And you must be Caz. It's a pleasure to met you. This is Misery.

<Cyrell> Nice to meet you, Misery.

<Misery> You too, I've heard a lot about you.

<Cyrell> Good things I hope :)

<Misery> Sure.

<Dorien> True things at least. Mostly.

<Cyrell> oh well okay then :)

  • Caz nods her greetings and says 'hey'.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can take a table near the large windows at the front.

<Cyrell> So, how are things going?

<Dorien> steadily. The shop is still getting started, but we have some orders coming in.

<Dorien> It's weird owning a business. I never thought I would do it.

<Cyrell> I never thought you would either. But glad to hear it's going well.

<Dorien> How about you? How's your family doing?

<Cyrell> Oh, about the same as always. They're doing fine. How about yours?

<Dorien> My dad is ornery as ever. Mom is trying to keep him from blowing a gasket as usual. But otherwise, they're ok.

  • Cyrell chuckles

<Cyrell> Well, that's good.

<Dorien> So how long have you two been dating?

  • Cyrell glances over at Caz.

<Cyrell> Three weeks?

<Caz> Yeah, somethin' like that.

<Dorien> Cyrell says you two met at your sandwhich shop?

<Caz> Not mine, my brother's. But yeah.

<Caz> It's still pretty new too - gettin' off the ground, like your place.

<Dorien> Where is it? Maybe I can send some friends by.

<Caz> It's just near the Mercadet stop on the north trolley line, in the Shambles.

<Caz> It's a pretty busy spot for folks goin' to an' from work in the factories up that way

<Dorien> That's not too far away from my shop. Maybe we can check it out ourselves.

  • Misery nods

<Caz> Sure, anytime. It's called Enderlen's.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I don't actually remember if that name would ring a bell with Dorien or not...)

<Dorien> (It doesn't for me...)

<Dorien> (But my memory is like a steel sieve.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (has Dorien met Ralf? I think he knows Ander at least a bit, so maybe?)

<Dorien> (Oh wait...)

<Dorien> ( O.O )

<Dorien> (Right...)

<Dorien> (He probably met him when he worked at the club)

<Dorien> (But probably only briefly)

<Misery> (okay. want to make a roll to see if he'd remember the name?)

<Dorien> (Sure. Int?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure)

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+5

  • Lan_home rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 23 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> You do think that you recognize the name as Ander's henchman's name, maybe a relative of some kind?

<Dorien> Huh... So it's a family business?

<Caz> Yeah, my brother Ralf started it up. Me an' my little sister Dinah both work there, an' our other sister Macie helps out sometimes too.

<Dorien> ...you're Ralf's sister?

<Caz> Yeah, you know him?

<Dorien> Sort of. A friend of mine works with him. He used to hang out at the club I used to work at.

<Caz> Oh yeah? At Tits?

<Dorien> Yeah

<Caz> huh, what did you do there?

<Dorien> I sold potions and things. Kind of a freelance job. Tits just gave me some counter space to keep the customers happy.

  • Caz nods

<Dorien> It wasn't nearly as glamorous as it sounds.

<Cyrell> And it doesn't really sound that glamorous, so ;)

<Dorien> Yeah, exactly

<Caz> well I'll have to see if he remembers you :)

<Caz> who's your friend who works with him?

<Dorien> I doubt it, we barely ever talked. But you might know Denise?

<Caz> Oh yeah, Dee. I never actually met her but I know the name.

<Caz> (actually scratch that, she probably has met her)

<Caz> Oh yeah, Dee, she's been by the shop a few times with Ander an' that bunch.

<Dorien> Yeah, she works for him. Bodyguarding and such.

  • Caz nods

<Dorien> Small world

<Dorien> I didn't know Ralf was the sandwhich making type

<Caz> Well, he don't make the sandwiches, he tells other folks to ;) An' there's more to the shop than just the sandwich counter, it's got all sorts of stuff - newspapers, stuff you need around the house... corner store, like.

<Dorien> Neat

  • Dorien will make a mental note to tell Cyrell to never, ever piss Caz off.

<Caz> It's workin' out pretty good. I never figured he'd run a business either, but there you go.

<Dorien> So Cyrell just walked in one day and charmed you off your feet, huh?

<Caz> Heh.

<Caz> Well, he talks pretty good, plus he's cute :)

<Dorien> I guess he's not bad if you like that sort of thing ;)

<Cyrell> Heh, thanks

<Cyrell> How about you, Misery, how'd you meet this guy?

  • Misery gives you a look

<Misery> He was supposed to be teaching me how to make potions, but he got carried away.

  • Cyrell and Caz laugh at that

<Dorien> Well, we definitely had chemistry at least.

<Dorien> And maybe some biology...

  • Cyrell groans and Misery thwacks you in the side.

<Dorien> See? That's why I love her.

  • Cyrell smiles

<Cyrell> I'm glad to see you haven't lost your charm and wit :)

<Dorien> Lost? I wasn't aware I ever had any.

<Cyrell> You can't lose what you never had?

<Dorien> I don't know why she puts up with me, honestly

  • Dorien grins at Misery

<Misery> Good sex.

  • Misery says with a smile

<Dorien> Oh, right.

  • Cyrell laughs at that

<DiablotinNarrator> (I should wrap up as I guess this dude is about to show up soon... anything final to add? :)

<Dorien> No, I think they can chat for a while and have fun :)

<DiablotinNarrator> cool :) I'm sure they have a nice meal.