Diablotin 3 session 49

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 49 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: February 26, 2017
Diablotin date:

Prologue

Dorien organizes a group discussion about what to do next

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, you wanted to gather folks together to talk about things, right?

<Dorien> Yes, especially once I find the chitin gone

<DiablotinNarrator> *nod*

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - where would you like to do that? The club, or somewhere less public? You could probably make use of the club during off hours too, it would be quieter anyway.

<Dorien> Yeah, I think the club during off hours or in a backstage corner somewhere. Maybe someone's dressing room

<Genevriel> We might not all fit in someone's dressing room.  ;)

<Dorien> heh, well somewhere out of the way

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm not sure any of the people with private dressing rooms are here ;) so maybe a quiet corner, yeah.

<Dorien> k

  • Denise can show if given advance notice
  • Dorien will definitely invite her, along with anyone who was at hospital/lab
  • Dorien will wait for everyone to show up in a back corner of the club.
  • Genevriel shows up in a timely manner, unlike Argent.
  • Dorien looks at the assembled crew "I guess that's everyone who could make it tonight. I'll talk to the rest separately."

<Hettienne> What's gone off the rails now? :p

<Denise> Argent said he'd drop in if he could, but hes workin'

<Dorien> Nothing... and everything. Kind of. I had some interesting developments with the resin we found.

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Dorien> I couldn't figure out much from it through experiments. It's hard. Really hard. But then I... well, I had a dream.

<Denise> okay...

<Dorien> And before you guys think I'm going bonkers, hear me out fully.

<Dorien> There was this guy in it. He said he was a dream trader. He wanted the resin, and he was willing to trade me information for it. It felt real. It's important that you understand this wasn't just a regular dream. It was different.

<Lathra> Oh no, you must be mad, *nothing* of consequence has happened in a dream recently...

  • Lathra smiles and swirls her drink

<Dorien> Heh.

<Dorien> Anyway, told me a lot of things about the resin and the creatures that made it. Kaorti he called them. Creatures from the far realms.

<Denise> like, he was someont who trades dreams?

<Dorien> More like someone who trades inside of dreams.

<Denise> huh

<Hettienne> A fey?

<Dorien> Maybe. I never saw his face.

<Dorien> But he seemed kind of... off... somehow

<Dorien> Not a totally unpleasant guy, though.

<Hettienne> Uh huhhhh...

<Dorien> I think he wants to help. Not out of charity, mind you. His interests just happen to align with ours.

<Dorien> Also apparently the resin is worth quite a bit indreams.

<Dorien> Or so he said

<Hettienne> How do you sell stuff in... oh never mind.

<Dorien> By the way, you'll never guess what happened to the resin when I woke up.

<Dorien> I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

<Genevriel> It grew into a portal to another plane?

<Dorien> ...no.

<Dorien> It was gone.

<Dorien> Poof.

<Dorien> Like one of Bri's stage tricks.

<Lathra> Did you get paid?

<Dorien> Yeah, although I don't know if I got ripped off or not. He told me they're still seeking knowledge. Looking to "Absorb" it from our plane. He said the strong ones can inhabit hosts and the weaker ones need the carapace to survive in our world.

<Genevriel> ...

<Dorien> And you can tell the ones inhabiting hosts through their strange words and tics, and an aversion to sunlight if they've been in there long enough.

<Genevriel> So, is Kaorti another name for Cyst, or are we dealing possibly with two types of extraplanar invaders?

<Dorien> I think that's a safe assumption.

<Dorien> And he said something else.

<Genevriel> That they're the same... or we've got two headaches to deal with...?

  • Genevriel isn't sure which clause Dorien is affirming.

<Dorien> That they're the same

<Dorien> He said to look for allies. To talk to the elves and Shadar kai and the rest of their decendents. The fey maybe.

<Dorien> But also that they have allies here and to be careful who we trust. I think we kind of figured that bit out already, though.

<Lathra> Oo! I'm an elf or a Shadar-kai!

<Lathra> I don't think I have anything new to say though.

  • Denise grins

<Dorien> That's ok, sweetheart, we appreciate the effort.

<Genevriel> Do you suppose any of this has anything to do with the "Dark Tapestry"?

  • Dorien says with a grin

<Denise> you're great though :)

<Lathra> Well we knew *that* already

<Dorien> I don't know, but it does seem like a huge coincidence. Maybe that's their ticket back home.

  • Lathra winks

<Hettienne> By home you mean here?

<Dorien> Yeah.

  • Genevriel frowns.

<Dorien> Guys, I'm not gonna lie, these things scare the shit out of me.

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> we know they been messin' with the Shadar Kai in Ariege too

<Genevriel> It would take a lot to "scare the shit out of me," but I do find them disturbing, at least.

<Dorien> It sounds like right now there's a chance to contain them. I don't know how long that will be true for.

<Dorien> But I don't know how we go about doing that. Anyone we go to could conceivably be one of them, or at least in league with them.

<Denise> how do you figure that?

<Denise> I mean, how do you figure we coud contain them?

<Dorien> Well, they're still operating in secret, so obviously they don't have the strength they need for an all out invasion.

<Dorien> If it was too late, we'd know it.

<Denise> welll... they did try an set one up thogh, didn't they?

<Denise> we just stopped 'em

<Denise> feels like more like they're just workin' on another plan

<Dorien> Yeah. And we may need to do it again.

<Genevriel> I feel like shutting Lynwood down completely might be a sensible first step.

<Dorien> That would be a good start, yeah.

<Genevriel> We rescued three people who may have Irminsul seeds in their heads, but how many more were left behind?

<Denise> we gotta figure *someone* there's got one of these things in 'em

<Hettienne> Uuuugh/

<Denise> two? >.>

  • Denise says with a guilty cringe

<Genevriel> Well, that is two potential portals.

<Genevriel> And apparently the Irminsul seeds feed off the life force of their host, so when someone with one in their head dies it can grow into a new Irminsul...

<Genevriel> Someone did die, didn't they.

<Genevriel> Shit.

<Genevriel> The one saving grace is, I guess, the Irminsuls could become portals to any plane, not the one that Cyst or Kaorti would want.

<Dorien> Is there a way to control it?

<Genevriel> You'd have to ask Princess Ilphere, I think.

<Genevriel> she didn't get to that point with Lathra and I.

<Dorien> If there is a way, you can bet the kaorti either know it or are looking for it.

<Genevriel> Do you suppose the raid has been kept so quiet because that death did result in an Irminsul coming into being?

<Genevriel> It would be in Claar's best interest to keep the larger population from knowing that, especially if she is, as I suspect, a Cyst entity.

<Denise> it didn't seem liek a real tree when I last saw it

<Genevriel> Well, "growing" implies a process that takes place over time, doesn't it?

<Genevriel> You might not expect an immediate result.

<Denise> yeah but like - it were *big*, just a big ghost tree

<Denise> liek it werent relly *there* more'n it weren't a tree

<Genevriel> I'm... not sure that I follow.

<Denise> (unless i'm wrong)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no, that's accurate. it was large and tree-shaped but seemed insubstantial/ghostly)

<Denise> like, okay, so the one in the shade were made of real trees that just frew real quick

  • Genevriel nods.

<Denise> but this were like an... I dunno

<Denise> like you coulda put your hand through it?

<Denise> not a real solid thing

<Denise> like a ghost or somethin'

<Lathra> It did something nasty to that mecharobo though

<Denise> but already full grown

<Denise> the... yeah

  • Denise looks at lathra, after takign a minute to figure out what she meant

<Lathra> Before it went kabam, kablooey

<Denise> like maybe when the... mecharobo fell on it, somethin' went al wrong

<Denise> (Was the ghost tree still there after?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (it was still there when you and Argent left at early in the morning... however many hours that was? like 3-4 hours later maybe?)

<Denise> the tree was still there though

<Denise> after, when Argent an' I were watchin' the place

<Denise> it seemed the same as when it... grew?

<Genevriel> Well, there are different kinds of growth - size, intelligence, substance. The verb can be applied to many situations.

<Genevriel> If the Irminsul you observed isn't quite substantial it may become more so over time.

<Genevriel> Or perhaps its ghostliness is a key to which plane it leads to...

<Dorien> It's possible

<Denise> right but that's still ain't the same as the other one

  • Genevriel thinks about it.

<Genevriel> (K: Planes: would Irminsuls take on different appearances depending on which plane they lead to?)

<Genevriel> !roll20

<Denise> Genevriel rolled a ( 10 ).

<Genevriel> (+17 that is 27)

<Denise> so I dunno if it turned out how it would if it didn't have the mecharobo on it

<Dorien> Maybe it leads to a plane of mecharobos now.

<Denise> I hope not

  • Hettienne facepalms. -_-

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes they probably do look different from each other but it might not be as easy as "blue ones go to this plane" or whatever :)

<Genevriel> (But would "insubstantial" mean that it is a completely non-functional Irminsul compared to the other one, or just that it looks different from the one in the Shade?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you don't know)

<Genevriel> I think it would be dangerous to assume that since it doesn't look like the one in the Shade, that it is non-functional.

<Genevriel> The truth is I don't really know, so it behooves us to proceed with caution. Assume the worst, hope for the best.

<Dorien> So what's our next move then?

<Denise> :|

<Denise> I guess find folks we can trst an see what they say?

<Genevriel> The three patients we're looking after are slowly regaining consciousness. Safaya, the Psyrene woman, was apparently shipped to Lynwood as a POW. They haven't let her speak to her family, and they've been manipulating her to keep her there, when they haven't just kept her unconscious. The sensible thing would be to build a legal case against Claar but those take time.

<Hettienne> I dunno where to start

<Hettienne> This is a lot more 'n I signed up for

<Denise> yeah, an like, there's all th' other stuff too

<Denise> like, I figure...

<Hettienne> I mean, I'm a seamstress, and sometime a burglar... >.>

<Denise> I dunni I do't got it figured, really

<Dorien> I know how you feel, Hettie, but we have to do something.

<Denise> but Servan aigel an the folks who're goin' aroud killing folks who're different - they fit in here too, but how?

<Hettienne> Why is't this Princess Ilphere's job though

<Genevriel> I believe M. Silveira was going to speak to the Chief Sorceror; it's too bad he isn't here today. But perhaps he has some information we can use.

<Hettienne> Or the head ... Yeah, that guy.

<Genevriel> Meanwhile, Channel Silvia is keeping Raimond and the others under constant Deathwatch to make sure they don't die and sprout new Irminsuls.

<Denise> well, like... I dunno

<Denise> you really trust them folks?

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes speaking of Deathwatch, I remembered that one of the items you stole was a pair of deathwatch goggles. which is maybe both interesting and useful ;)

  • Hettienne shrugs

<Denise> someone let Claar make that place >.>

<Denise> an put folks in there

<Genevriel> I am going to try to infiltrate the experimental farm where they are growing some of the plants that have been used in the questionable "therapies" offered at Lynwood.

<Dorien> Infiltrate how?

<Genevriel> By getting a job there, if possible.  :P

<Dorien> That sounds really dangerous

<Genevriel> I have the skills. Just not really the desire. However, a lack of desire is easily set aside to prevent the onslaught of an extraplanar invasion.

<Dorien> If they suspect anything...

<Dorien> I don't want you becoming a host for one of these things.

<Genevriel> Dorien... I spent most of three years behind enemy lines. I know the danger.

<Dorien> That was a danger of dying. This is somethinpotentially much worse than that.

<Denise> well maybe you oughtta have regular meetin's out in a park or somehwere where it's nice an sunny, just in case ;p

<Genevriel> Madds will keep a close eye on me.

  • Genevriel might almost smirk a little.

<Denise> who's Madds?

<Genevriel> My best friend.

<Dorien> Her boyfriend.

<Denise> oh :3

<Dorien> >.>

<Denise> well as long as he knows what to look for

<Genevriel> I'll fill him in.

<Denise> >.>

<Genevriel> Twitches, fear of sunlight, et cetera.

<Dorien> It wasn't twitches exactly. He said "Strange behaviors". I'm not sure what that meant, though.

<Hettienne> eatin' your soup with a fork?

<Denise> is there any way to get those things outta people other'n how we did it before?

<Genevriel> Well, that might be harder for Madds to detect.

  • Genevriel definitely smirks this time, poking fun at herself.

<Dorien> He didn't say. He did say that if they're in their long enough leaving can be... detrimental... for the host

<Dorien> And if we find more of the resin... I may know a way to contact him again.

<Hettienne> Sleep with it under your pillow? :p

<Hettienne> Like the creepy resin fairy

<Dorien> Yes, exactly.

<Hettienne> He takes your space elf goo an' leaves you with information

  • Hettienne shakes her head in a 'how is this my life' kind of way

<Dorien> You make it sound so... indecent.

<Hettienne> Well it ain't exactly wholesome as milk an' cookies :p

<Dorien> I've seen some pretty lewd cookies in my day.

<Hettienne> I bet you have

  • Hettienne snorts

<Dorien> *smirk*

  • Lathra looks up sharply, then looks back to her drink, disappointed that there are no cookies

<Lathra> (Especially lewd cookies)

<Hettienne> (but like, it's more banter than before when I hated you :)

<Dorien> (heee)

  • Denise considers how one could make cookies indecent, hmmmm

<Denise> well... I dunno. I know Argent wants to try an find out more about some folks, like Aigel, and Clarence Molniere

<Dorien> I talked to Argent last night, right after the dream. He knows as much as us.

<Denise> whose the guy who made the folks who made the bloodforged

<Denise> like

<Hettienne> Molniere?

<Denise> I wonder - this guy, Claar, the person runnin' the farm where Gen's gonna go work

<Denise> what ties 'em all together other'n that they worked together?

<Denise> 'Cause I fgure if they all got cysts or whatever, when did that happen? I dunno if it matters though

<Genevriel> Cysts, is my expectation.

<Hettienne> If they are... puppets... maybe they were all possessed together

<Denise> yeah

<Genevriel> perhaps

<Hettienne> Yeah, they musta been together somewhere when it happened

<Denise> if we could figure that oout maybe we could... figure out who else we oughtta be checkin' on, or somethin?

<Denise> I dunno :/

<Genevriel> Unless Cyst entities can recognize one another inside a host.

<Hettienne> *Maybe* it would give us a clue where they first got in

<Denise> right....

<Genevriel> It's something worth looking into, certainly.

<Genevriel> Who can we draw on to figure that out, though?

<Denise> I dunno

<Hettienne> Who's got an in with the military?

  • Dorien looks at Gen.

<Hettienne> I mean, chances are it happened in the war right?

<Denise> maybe, but what if it were even before that?

<Genevriel> Not necessarily- it could pre-date the war.

  • Genevriel nods at Denise.

<Denise> an they just used it?

<Hettienne> Well then I got nothin'

<Denise> but its worth seein how they all got to where they were together, though

<Hettienne> Like I said, this ain't really my bag :p

<Denise> if they got some kinda connections before that

<Denise> me either

<Denise> someone who can look in those files...

<Denise> hmmm

<Denise> maybe Noren?

<Hettienne> who's Noren

<Denise> He's Zola's man

<Genevriel> A lawyer

<Denise> he's a lawyer who does army stuff

<Hettienne> Oh the one with the mustache?

<Genevriel> Also, running for government.

<Denise> yeah

<Hettienne> Right.

<Denise> but maybe?

<Dorien> What about your boss, kid?

<Denise> he quit the army

<Denise> I guess maybe he might know some folks

<Dorien> Yeah, but he must know people, right?

<Denise> he's been talkin' to a few 'cause of the campaign

<Denise> since they gotta talk up like he's a big war hero an all

<Denise> I mean he *IS*

<Dorien> *nod*

<Denise> so maybe?

<Denise> I can ask 'im :3

<Dorien> If you trust him, it might be worth asking

<Denise> okay

<Denise> I'll help argent, I guess....

  • Denise looks at hettie

<Denise> And if we find out where Aigel an' his girlfriend are... >.>

<Dorien> Gen, whatever you need from me to help with the infiltration, I'm your guy.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Genevriel> Thanks, Dorien.

<Dorien> :)

<Genevriel> What about hiring someone like Xandhil Orecalo?

<Genevriel> To dig up what he can about Claar, Molniere, and the other.

<Dorien> Do we trust him?

<Denise> he's the one who brought us back from the First World, right?

<Denise> an the other guy?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Dorien> I guess that's true.

<Genevriel> They're arm's length - I know there's some concern that Silvia's home is under surveillance due to the patients, so Lathra and myself at least may also be under surveillance.

<Dorien> Maybe we could ask if he can find out anything more about these kaorti as well. Certainly there's something about them somewhere.

<Lathra> I haven't had any reason *not* to trust him, except that his assistant is suspiciously charming

<Denise> like... for real suspicious?

  • Denise asks Lathra

<Genevriel> I'm a little concerned about asking Madds to look into things for me because if anyone is watching, they'll know I live with him. I'd like for him to maintain some plausible deniability if everything goes to hell.

<Denise> or like... just like... real charmin? :3

<Genevriel> "What? Genny was into all this illegal stuff? I didn't know, honest!"

<Denise> . o O (does everyone have boyfriends now? or girlfriends... :3)

<Dorien> She'll tell you when you're older, Den.

<Denise> You I'm gettin' married in a few months, right? :p

<Denise> you wanna get invited you gotta be real nice :p

<Lathra> Just real charmin', just like... reeeal charmin'.

<Lathra> Anyway let's pay his boss.

  • Denise gives Lathra a look like she can't tell if she is making fun of her too, and then just falls quiet
  • Lathra makes dreamy-eyes at Denise

<Genevriel> I'll chip in what I can - what are his rates, does anyone know?

  • Denise gives a little smile at that
  • Denise shrugs

<Denise> we all got tons of money now though, right? :3

  • Dorien blinks Well.... some of us have invested it.

<Dorien> (gah)

<Genevriel> I've earmarked most of it for a trust fund to help the homeless...

<Genevriel> But I haven't got all that sorted out yet.

<Dorien> I um... rented a workshop.

<Genevriel> So I suppose I could take some of it out for this. Not much use helping the homeless if we're all enslaved by extraplanar invaders, is there.

<Denise> well Maybe Lathra can get a deal sorted for us :3

<Dorien> Wait... I feel like I missed something here. Something someone said...

  • Genevriel regards Dorien with an inquiring expression.
  • Dorien sudenly goes wide eyed and looks at Denise.

<Dorien> You're getting married?!

<Denise> yeah :3

<Denise> in, like, eleventh month

<Dorien> Oh....

<Dorien> Ummm...

<Dorien> Congratulations.

  • Genevriel adds her own congratulations.

<Denise> if the world's still standin', anyway

<Denise> thankes :3

<Dorien> All the more reason to make sure it is, then.

  • Denise nods

<Lathra> Oh my, wonderful news!

<Dorien> Wait, you're not... you know...

<Hettienne> Dorien! :|

  • Denise blushes little, partly from embarassment for not having said anyhting before.... although it *was* in the paper :3 (the rat paper though ;)

<Dorien> It's a legitimate question!

<Genevriel> No, it's not, really.

  • Denise gives him a nasty look

<Hettienne> Legitimate rude question

<Genevriel> It's rather impolite, Dorien.

<Dorien> >.>

<Dorien> Sorry...

<Denise> ugh.

<Hettienne> You never ask a lady that unless you can see the baby comin' out

<Dorien> Forget I asked

<Denise> Okay, I'm out, I got other stuff I gotta be doin'

<Hettienne> EVen then it's best not to mention :p

<Dorien> Ok, ok... void...

<Genevriel> Take care, Denise.

Gen begins her attempt at infiltrating the farm

  • Genevriel will dress in some of the professional-looking interview clothes she did buy with the money from Marl. Not a dress, she still thinks she would look absolutley hideous in a dress, but a nice pant suit of some sort.
  • Genevriel will meet with Polly at a decent restaurant, I guess.
  • Polly will arrive to your meeting at the appointed time.

<Polly> Hi, how are you doing?

<Genevriel> Hi Pol, pretty good, and you?

  • Genevriel looks waaaaaaay better than she did the time we met out at the farm, certainly.

<Polly> oh, well, I'm all right.

  • Genevriel will be alert to any odd behaviours or dislike for sunshine.
  • Polly seems fine although it's a sunny day outside.

<Genevriel> Would you like to sit out on the terrace?

<Polly> All right, sure, it's a beautiful day.

  • Genevriel nods and we get a table for two out on the terrace.

<Polly> it's good to see you again - you're looking well :)

<Genevriel> Thank you, I'm in a pretty good spot these days.

<Polly> I'm glad to hear that.

<Genevriel> Thank you. How about you?

<Polly> Fine, busy with work, but I can't complain.

<Genevriel> Oh yeah?

  • Genevriel wonders if Pol might forget herself and elaborate, but probably she won't.

<Polly> Just a lot going on at the moment, and we're short-handed.

<Genevriel> Well, that's a lucky coincidence.

<Genevriel> Since moving in with Madds, I've been looking for work that has better hours so we can spend more time together.

<Polly> oh, really?

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Polly smiles

<Genevriel> Where are the jobs for the farm posted? I hadn't noticed any openings there.

<Genevriel> And believe me, I've been checking all the papers.

<Genevriel> Some of them are utter trash; I'm not sure how they manage to sell any.

  • Polly chuckles

<Polly> They don't really post their jobs - it's more based on word of mouth. But you know I would put in a good word for you if you decided to apply.

<Genevriel> Well, I'm good at propagation and cultivation; aside from washing dishes, that's my one marketable skill set.

<Genevriel> So I would certainly be interested.

<Polly> I think they'd definitely be interested in you as well - people with skills in farming are always useful.

<Genevriel> We did more than farm... We were breeding for specific traits. I think the work my family did with olives was probably quite similar to what would be done at an experimental farm.

<Polly> Would you be interested more in a job working outside? Or something in the lab?

<Genevriel> The lab would probably be more of a challenge, but who am I kidding? I'm just really hoping for something other than clearing tables, something that'll let me spend the evenings with Madds.

  • Polly nods

<Genevriel> Are there openings for both types of work?

<Polly> I understand that, for sure. Let me talk to some people and see what we can arrange. Maybe you could come out for an interview, and have a chance to see more of what's available while you're there?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I can probably convince Madds to lend me his car.

<Polly> All right.

<Polly> It is a bit of a pain to get out there, I know - hopefully it wouldn't be too much trouble. And hey, if you work there for a few months, you'd probably be able to afford a car of your own. They do pay well :)

  • Genevriel chuckles.

<Genevriel> It is a bit of a commute, but not too bad.

  • Polly nods

<Genevriel> Even with the length of the drive to and from work I'd have more time to spend with him than I do now.

  • Polly smiles at that

<Polly> all right, I'll let you know what they say.

<Genevriel> Thanks, Pol. I appreciate it.

  • Genevriel smiles.
  • Genevriel will switch to small talk, catching up with each other, etc. Does Pol have any romantic prospects, that sort of thing.
  • Polly is happy to make small talk
  • Polly has a guy at work that she is interested in but hasn't said anything to him yet ;)

<Genevriel> (Heheh... Gen is sadly not the kind of person who would offer to help Pol get over her shyness with said guy.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

Lathra asks Leiris to do some research on the group's behalf

  • Leiris can see you at the office, or elsewhere, as you prefer?
  • Lathra peeks in the window to see what Leiris is up to

<Lathra> (At the office)

  • Leiris is on the telephone with someone

<Leiris> Just a few more days, I'm sure... yes, thank you. I appreciate your patience.

  • Lathra sneaks in the door, trying not to distract him from the call, and perches somewhere out of direct line of sight
  • Leiris hangs up once he finishes the call.
  • Leiris turns to you with a smile.

<Lathra> Tinkle tinkle!

<Leiris> Hello there :) This is much more pleasant than annoyed librarians.

<Lathra> Tsk tsk, haven't you paid your overdue fees?

<Leiris> Mm, I'm making a copy of a book for Xan. He wouldn't give it back otherwise, I think.

<Lathra> You mustn't anger the librarians, dear, they'll break your kneecaps.

<Leiris> That is unfortunately true.

<Leiris> So, did you stop by purely for the pleasure of seeing me, or did you have some business as well? ^-^

<Leiris> If it's the former, I can probably take a long lunch... Xan does it often enough, he owes me ;p

<Lathra> "as well", as it happens, but it shouldn't stop us getting a nice refreshing glass of lunch.

<Leiris> That sounds wonderful.

<Lathra> Business first though, pleasure later. I gather that's how it's done?

<Leiris> Well it's better to get the work out of the way first, makes it easier to avoid falling into lunch and never making it back out ;)

<Lathra> My "associates" and I have become "concerned" about a few "individuals" and would like some "dirt" "dug up" on them.

  • Lathra sounds like she's trying to imitate a private detective's client
  • Leiris nods, managing to keep a straight face.

<Leiris> I see. Who are these "individuals" on whom you require "dirt"?

<Lathra> They're bad people, Slick, you shouldn't get mixed up with them.

<Lathra> They'll wash your liver and send you to Suzie.

<Leiris> I think I need to take you to more movies.

<Lathra> Oh yes please!

<Leiris> So, who're we supposed to get the goods on?

<Lathra> There's this dame, see - there's always a dame. The name's Suzetta, but don't let that fool ya, she's as cold as they come.

<Lathra> Word on the street is she's mixed up in some radical experiments, real dream-tree-type stuff.

<Lathra> She's old money, the Claar family goes way back.

<Lathra> I think

<Lathra> Probably

<Leiris> Claar? Yeah, they do.

<Lathra> Oh good

<Leiris> So you got a bee in your bonnet to figure out what kinda skulduggery she's up to?

<Lathra> Yes! My bonnet is abuzz!

<Leiris> Well, you can't just let a buzzing bonnet be.

<Lathra> Not when it's digging skulls. Or, uh, building mecharobos and growing dream-door-trees.

<Leiris> uh... you lost me at mecharobos.

<Lathra> You know, the... uh...

  • Lathra flails a bit and then does the robot

<Lathra> Beep boop?

<Leiris> Oh, okay.

<Leiris> Much clearer :)

  • Lathra nods sagely

<Lathra> She's got some old war buddies knocking around, Verenice Calondre and Clarence Moniere. It all goes back to Seda Grove.

<Leiris> Everything goes back to Seda Grove...

<Lathra> I keep thinking "Clarence Calondre" would make an excellent stage name for somebody.

<Leiris> I almost feel like when this is all wrapped up, we oughta take a spin out that way, see what caused all these problems ;)

<Lathra> Well we'll need some more problems at that point, won't we?

<Leiris> I mean, there might not be much to see. Since I think it burned down.

<Leiris> But we could give it the finger and drive away.

<Lathra> Yes! And say some harsh words!

<Leiris> Oh, very harsh.

<Leiris> And then maybe find a nice Psyrene inn to stay at... or go camping in some non-burned-down forest...

  • Leiris says a bit wistfully

<Lathra> And find some gambling den that hasn't banned you yet and fleece them?

<Leiris> Mm, you say the sweetest things :3

<Leiris> All right, I've got the names of your marks - anything else I oughta know about them?

<Lathra> Yes, I forbid you to take the case, it's far too dangerous! I should never have come here.

  • Lathra sweeps a very large-brimmed imaginary hat onto her head

<Leiris> Too late, doll. Once I get my teeth into a case, I'm like a dog with a bone. I ain't gonna drop it for nobody.

<Lathra> A dog's gotta be careful or he'll end up in bad meat

<Leiris> Speaking of bad meat, wanna get lunch?

<Lathra> You read my mind!

<Lathra> No wonder you're banned from all those casinos.

  • Leiris comes around his desk to take your arm, and will put up the 'Out to Lunch' sign before taking off with you ;)

<Lathra> (Whoosh!)

Argent asks Aubrienne to scry the mad scientists

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you can track down Aubrienne to inquire about scrying.

<Argent> Hey Aubrienne, you have a few minutes

<Argent> ?

<Aubrienne> Hmm? Sure, Argent, what's shakin'?

<Argent> I'm in need of magical assistance.

<Aubrienne> Well, I am in possession of magical knowledge. Maybe we can work something out. :)

<Argent> I'm trying to track down some associates of Claar who have gone into hiding and was hoping you might be able to cast some scrying to help me find them

<Aubrienne> Oh, sure, I can manage that.

<Argent> Great

<Argent> I've got a photo of one of them, and some personal items of the other two.

<Argent> That should help, right?

<Aubrienne> You happen to have anything of...excellent. :)

<Aubrienne> Yeah, that'll do nicely.

<Argent> and I can give a general description of them as well... not much point with the photo, but you get the idea

<Aubrienne> Yeah, that's definitely workable.

<Aubrienne> What're you hoping to learn?

<Argent> clues to where they are hidding out is what I really want

<Argent> if we can track them down, they may have evidence we can use against Claar.

<Argent> and the others involved in this whole mess

<Aubrienne> That'd certainly be something.

<Aubrienne> You know this is pretty involved, yeah?

<Aubrienne> Scrying's not a quick spell.

<Argent> I've never actually seen it done, but I can be patient when needed

<Argent> so should we plan a time to do it? I can pick up some coffee in donuts if it helps

<Aubrienne> Sounds like a plan. Say, my place after work? My parent's have the sprout tonight and I think Titania has some business to attend to.

<Aubrienne> (unnecessary apostrophe)

<Argent> sure thing

<Argent> and thanks for doing this

<Aubrienne> Happy to help. :)

<Aubrienne> I'm no fan of that Claar lady, and anyone working with her can't be any great shakes either.

<Aubrienne> See you after the show.

<Argent> (so fast-forward to after the show)

  • Argent arrives with a thermos full of fresh coffee and a package of donuts

<Aubrienne> A man of your word. :)

<Argent> I try to be when I can

<Aubrienne> Come in, grab a seat. I've got things set up, and you'll probably want to make yourself comfortable. Like I said, it'll be a bit of a wait.

<Argent> understood

<Argent> lets start with the girl

  • Argent hands Aubrienne her photo
  • Aubrienne will take the photo and settle herself cross-legged next to her coffee table with the various accoutrements for the spell.

<Aubrienne> Do you know her name?

<Argent> her name is Ampere, Juditte Ampere

<Aubrienne> All right, Juditte Ampere, let's see where you might be hiding.

  • Argent sits and gets comfortable, watching Aubrienne work

<DiablotinNarrator> (Okay, so for this one I imagine the bonus/penalties to the save woudl work out to +3 - secondhand knowledge of the person, but a likeness/picture)

<Aubrienne> (I was thinking, since she has Scry from being Theater, that her eyes should cloud over like Theater's when she's casting this, if that's cool.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that's cool, yeah :)

  • Aubrienne settles in for an hour of casting @.@

<Aubrienne> (If I'm reading Scry correctly, Ampere should get a +3 on her Will save, I believe)

<Aubrienne> (As I have secondhand knowledge of her (+5) and a likeness (-2))

<DiablotinNarrator> (yup)

<Aubrienne> (DC 19 Will save)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that's with the +3 or without?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (or, durr, the +3 is to her save. I got it.)

<Aubrienne> (That's the base. ;))

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay. This is probably at like 4-5 in the morning at this point, right?

<Aubrienne> Yeah, thereabouts.

<DiablotinNarrator> If you got done with work at about 3am, then reconvened to do this, and the spell takes an hour, etc.

<Aubrienne> Yeah

<DiablotinNarrator> also you had to eat at least one donut ;)

<Aubrienne> Heh

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - so here is what you're able to see. The woman is sleeping, lying on what looks like a military-issue cot in a cellar, or at least a sort of dark/underground space with brick walls. She tosses and turns, seeming like her sleep is restless.

<Aubrienne> Can I hear anything that might help?

<DiablotinNarrator> A man comes over to her side, crouching down beside her and stroking her hair until she quiets again.

<Aubrienne> (Can you talk during scrying?)

<Aubrienne> (I guess you must be able to if you can cast some spells through it, huh?)

<DiablotinNarrator> I think once you've cast it, then you can talk - you don't need to concentrate or do things for the duration, yeah.

<Aubrienne> Well, I don't have much. She's asleep, fitfully, on what I think is a military cot. Somewhere underground, I think?

<Aubrienne> There's a man, too, taking care of her.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can hear some faint sounds but it's pretty quiet. Some sounds of an occasional car driving by, the bang of a door closing, that sort of thing. City sounds, but pretty muffled.

<Argent> can you describe the man

<Argent> ?

<Aubrienne> (I presume Julie will do the honors. ;))

<DiablotinNarrator> He's maybe in his mid-twenties, with brown hair, seems tall and fit. One of his hands (not the one he is touching her with) is made of metal of some sort.

  • Aubrienne relays that info.

<Argent> that sounds like Servan

<Argent> (I assume)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, the description matches)

<Argent> Can you look for anything that might give a clue of the location... discarded food bags, any windows you can see out of?

<Aubrienne> I can hear traffic, so I think they're in the city.

<Aubrienne> I know that doesn't narrow it down.

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you think it could even be in the undercity. Like, it could be just a cellar, but it could be further down than that.

<Aubrienne> (Anything distinguishing at all?)

<Argent> just keep watching for as long as you can and see if we get lucky

<Aubrienne> Can do.

<Aubrienne> (Random, but I wonder if Rattes have a version of Scrying that includes smell.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Looking around the room as much as you're able, you can see there's a grate in the floor that would be large enough for a person to fit through, and above, what looks like a hole in a wooden floor? like a smashed/broken hole, not a deliberately cut one, as though someone fell through a rotten floorboard.

<Aubrienne> Looks like it might be a cellar connected to the undercity. Wooden floor/ceiling above, stone below with a grate.

<Argent> hmmm

<DiablotinNarrator> you hear a whistle blowing that sounds like it probably comes from a factory - maybe a shift change?

<DiablotinNarrator> So you guess you would narrow it down to probably the Shambles or Rhenea, that end of town is more likely to have factories.

<Aubrienne> I hear a factory whistle, so that narrows it down a little.

<Argent> yeah

<Argent> Is Sevran... the man... sticking around?

<Aubrienne> (I think so, right?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Once she goes back to sleep he goes over and outside the 10foot range of the spell focused on her. maybe to the other side of the room, or somewhere nearby?

<Aubrienne> He's out of my range, but I think he's still around.

<Argent> well, that was useful, but not entirely successful

<Argent> (assuming nothing new is gleaned before the duration expires)

<Aubrienne> I can maybe try again another time.

<Argent> yeah

<Argent> at least it confirmed that Sevran is with her, so no need to try to scry him

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah, nothing else new during the time you have left)

<Aubrienne> Maybe we should wait til it's more awake times for normal people?

<Argent> yeah

<Argent> those two are in hidding so I didn't have an idea when there awake time would be

<Argent> we can wait an hour or so and try the third

<Argent> If you are up for it

<Aubrienne> Sounds like a plan. You want something other than coffee? I have pop or beer. :)

  • Aubrienne reaches for a donut for the moment.

<Argent> beer sounds good

<Argent> in the meantime I'll fill you in on the third guy

<Argent> his name is Clarence Molniere

  • Argent gives Aubrienne any description he has from Briony
  • Aubrienne will procure Argent a beer and reluctantly stay unliqoured for spellcasting.

<Argent> I was involved in snooping in a shut down lab he had, working on those half-warforged, like Sevran and Ampere

<Aubrienne> Ah.

<Argent> manage to find some old notes of his

<Argent> (I assume... I'm not shitting... we did get some stuff like that did we not?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Yes)

<Argent> the information in them isn't helpful, but hopefully they can help you find him

<Argent> he hasn't been seen for a while

<Aubrienne> Hmm.

<Argent> as far as I know, he did work for Claar, but they may not be associated anymore

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, you can pass the time until it gets to be a bit later, then start casting the spell, so another hour, so maybe it will be around 7am by the time you complete the spell. And the bonus to his save on this one would be +1.)

<Argent> which is why locating him would be good as he may have some dirt on her

<DiablotinNarrator> All right - your vision centers in on a man, he's middle-aged, maybe about 40-ish, with curly brown hair and a beard. He's currently getting up, so you might see more of him than you'd strictly prefer as he gets dressed.

<Aubrienne> Argent, hon, we're going to have to work on our scrying timing.

<DiablotinNarrator> He's in what looks like a nice, if somewhat plain, bedroom. Windows look out onto a view of trees and a large body of water - a lake, probably, you don't think it's the ocean.

<Argent> you caught him takin' a leak or something

<Argent> I'm just happy its working

<Aubrienne> At least one of us is. :p

<Aubrienne> Hmm, looks like he's maybe out in the countryside somewhere.

<DiablotinNarrator> you'd say it could be a hotel room or a guest room in a country estate kind of place - it's nicely decorated with fine quality furnishings but it doesn't have much of a personal touch. He has a few books on his bedside table, there's a desk with some papers on it.

<Aubrienne> Maybe a hotel or something.

<DiablotinNarrator> There's a knock at his door and it opens, a young woman carries in a tray with some breakfast foods and sets it down for him. She's dressed as a maid.

<Argent> we may be in luck then... hotels like to have thier name hanging around

<Aubrienne> (No chance of monogrammed hotel towels or anything, huh? ;))

<Aubrienne> Well, someone just brought him breakfast, so that says hotel to me, or very accommodating noble host.

<Argent> noble like thier heraldry too, so that could work well

<Argent> maybe he likes a paper when he eats?

<Aubrienne> I'll keep an eye out.

<Aubrienne> (And then maybe gouge them out.)

<DiablotinNarrator> The maid leaves without speaking to him - he seems accustomed to her presence and sort of ignores her.

<DiablotinNarrator> When she leaves, you hear the door lock behind her. Possibly he's locked in here?

<DiablotinNarrator> There is a design on the silverware - lizards coiled around the handles of the forks and knives.

<Aubrienne> Hmm, well, there's something.

<Aubrienne> Lots of lizard imagery.

<DiablotinNarrator> He sits down to have his breakfast, and picks up one of his books to read while he does so, putting on some glasses to see more clearly.

<Aubrienne> And I think he may be being held there.

<Aubrienne> He's definitely locked in.

<Argent> hmmm

<DiablotinNarrator> As you watch, a little ... construct? mecharobo? emerges from under the bed and clambers over to sit by his feet. It is sort of like a little spider-dog-thing.

<DiablotinNarrator> He absently reaches down to pet it.

<Aubrienne> Nyah

<Aubrienne> He has some kind of robo-dog-spider.

<Aubrienne> Seriously, this whole session has not been good for my brain. I think you may owe me some 80-proof mind-cleaner in addition to donuts.

<Argent> can you tell if he's simply accepting or looks resigned or defeated. I want to try and guage if its worth trying to contact him.

<DiablotinNarrator> If you had to guess his mood, Aubrienne, you'd say 'resigned' is a good word. He looks not horribly depressed or upset, but not really happy either.

<Aubrienne> Resigned seems to sum it up, really.

<DiablotinNarrator> And also like he's been in this situation for a while - it seems familiar to him, anyway, he isn't fighting against it.

<Argent> so here's the risk... if you try and message him, he may spill that he's been contacted and we loose any other opportunity to observe... but if he wants out he may be able to tell us where he is and who is holding him.

  • Argent things out loud

<Aubrienne> I can try. He doesn't seem like he's being watched too closely.

<Argent> ok lets take the risk

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay - so it's a 5% chance per level of Message working through the scry - so that is what, 45%? I forget what level you guys are now ;p)

<Argent> (9 I thought)

<Aubrienne> (Yeah, 45% chance)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay cool)

<Aubrienne> (Do I roll or do you roll?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I just rolled, since I had a dice roller open anyway)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you got a 28 :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (although first I accidentally rolled 100 d1s instead of 1 d100 :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> (not surprising, on that roll, you got 100 ;p)

<Hettienne> lol

<Hettienne> (ww)

<Aubrienne> M. Molniere?

<Clarence> hm? what? who's there?

<Aubrienne> I represent parties who might be interested in extricating you from your current situation.

<Clarence> all... right...?

  • Clarence sounds puzzled and a bit wary

<Clarence> who are you?

  • Aubrienne motions to Argent for assistance.

<Aubrienne> You can call me Sjena, for now. (It's Croatian (which we use for Rat, right?) for 'shadow')

<DiablotinNarrator> (yup)

<Clarence> How do I know I can trust you?

<Aubrienne> To be honest, you don't, but your situation seems unlikely to change without some assistance.

<Aubrienne> I think we can help one another; that may have to do.

<Clarence> All right. What do you want?

<Argent> <w> does he know where he is and who is holding him?

<Aubrienne> Do you know where you are and who is holding you?

<Clarence> I'm at one of Suzetta Claar's homes.. not her main one, but one of the country estates I guess. It's called Oakmere.

<Aubrienne> I take it you would prefer not to remain there?

<Clarence> It wasn't really my idea, but she thought it was for the best.. for my protection, you know?

<Aubrienne> Protection from whom?

<Clarence> From my patients. There was sort of a... well, there was some trouble.

<Aubrienne> Are you continuing in your work?

<Clarence> I was only trying to help them, but things went wrong...

<Clarence> only theoretically speaking... I don't have the resources here to keep doing practical work.

<Argent> ask him if he knows that his patients work for Claar and her friends now

<Clarence> And even then, they don't provide a lot of books... I could do much better work if I was back in my own lab.

<Aubrienne> Do you know if your patients work for Mme. Claar now?

<Clarence> I think some of them, yes... some of the more successful results anyway :/

  • Argent looks to Aubrienne
  • Aubrienne nods.

<Argent> you could snow him, promise to give him back his lab once we get him free if he spills on Claar... were gonna get him to spill regardless

  • Aubrienne frowns.

<Aubrienne> We think you could continue to help people if you would be willing to provide information on Mme. Claar, if we were to free you.

<Clarence> information? what sort of information?

<Aubrienne> Associates, operations, things of that nature. However well-intentioned her goals, we believe her work may present a danger to the Empire.

<Argent> ... about what I was thinking.

<Clarence> Oh... I don't know about that. I mean, surely that's not true. She's working for the good of the Empire, same as the rest of us.

<Aubrienne> M. Molniere, certainly you are aware that intention and outcome are not always the same thing.

<Clarence> ...no. I know that.

<Aubrienne> We are all, in our way, loyal servants of the Empire.

<Aubrienne> We merely wish to monitor the situation.

<Aubrienne> And we believe you are singularly qualified to assist with such.

<Clarence> I... I don't know. I'll have to think about it.

<Aubrienne> Please do. You assistance could be invaluable to the Empire and it's people.

<Aubrienne> (Your, rather)

<Argent> now we stalk him until the duration runs out I guess and see how he reacts

<Aubrienne> Works for me.

<Argent> any chance you know that memory transfer magic that Zola can do?

<Aubrienne> No, but I can check with some folks, see if I can track down or put together a formula.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you can watch him for the remaining minute or two until the duration of the scrying ends - he goes and sits back in his chair and looks pensive, mostly.

<Argent> it would be good if I could see what these people look like

<Aubrienne> Like I said, I can try again later, but I doubt we'll get more right now. Or in an hour, I suppose.

<Aubrienne> Breakfast? I'm always starving after subterfuge. ;)

<Argent> sure... buy or cook... my cooking is good to live off of, but I'm not sure it rates the most pleasurable

<Aubrienne> And mine is downright awful. I'm thinking the cafe down the street. :)

<Argent> sounds good

Solos

Aubrienne and Hettienne learn that Jonas is missing; Denise helps them locate him

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, so this will be some evening at the club, before things open but not long before.

<DiablotinNarrator> Everyone is bustling around getting ready backstage.

  • Hettienne stays out of the way unless someone needs a last minute costume fix.
  • Aubrienne bustles around.

<DiablotinNarrator> There's some commotion from among the musicians, and Christofel is in the midst of it trying to deal with whatever is going on.

<Christofel> Look, you're just going to have to manage without him tonight. That's why you're pros - dealing with the unexpected.

  • Aubrienne will make her way closer to listen in as unobtrusively as possible.

<Christofel> It isn't like I can get on the phone and call him...

<DiablotinNarrator> The band heads off to get set up, some grumbling a bit. You observe that the person missing is Jonas.

  • Hettienne wonders what's up...
  • Christofel looks somewhat frazzled

<Hettienne> (was he here last night?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you don't think so, but everyone takes a night off now and then... you don't remember it being an issue, anyway)

  • Hettienne ambles over to Christofel when things have calmed down a bit.

<Hettienne> You lose someone?

<Christofel> Jonas... he hasn't missed a night in ages, it's not like him.

<Christofel> At least, not without letting someone know.

<Hettienne> He weren't here yesterday either, was he...

<Hettienne> . o O (shit)

<Christofel> No... he spoke to me a couple of days ago and said he was going home for a short visit, would be back by today.

<Christofel> Maybe some family problems came up...

  • Christofel looks worried

<Hettienne> Family problems... yeah.

  • Hettienne frowns.

<Christofel> He's always been reliable, so I'm not going to make a fuss about it yet, but if he isn't here tomorrow... well, I don't know what we'll do. I'll have to talk to Titania I guess.

  • Christofel hurries off to deal with other pre-show preparations.
  • Hettienne looks for Aubrienne...
  • Aubrienne makes her way over to Hettie.

<Aubrienne> Something up with Jonas?

<Hettienne> <r> I think we got him in trouble

<Hettienne> <r> He ain't here. It ain't like him.

<Hettienne> <r> He never called in or nothin'.

<Aubrienne> <r> Crap.

<Aubrienne> <r> He lives nearby, right?

<Hettienne> <r> under the club, but I dunno exactly how to get there. Dee's been.

<Aubrienne> <r> Any chance she's around? Or near a phone?

<Aubrienne> <r> We might be able to slip down to check.

<Hettienne> <r> If Ander's here she ain't gonna be far.

  • Denise is probably catching up with club staff if she isn't really needed :3
  • Hettienne pulls her aside,

<Hettienne> <r> We got a problem... Jonas is missing.

<Denise> oh hey - What's up?

<Denise> oh, huh

<Denise> I guess thats' why the band sucks >.>

<Hettienne> <r> We kinda sorta sent him to ask around about some stuff for us.

  • Denise nods

<Hettienne> <r> Can you take us to his place?

<Hettienne> <r> I mean... If somethin' happened to him it ain't likely it happened there, but just in case

<Hettienne> <r> And we might be able to figure out where he went

<Denise> uh - I think so.

<Denise> <r> like right now?

<Hettienne> <r> You got somethin' else goin' on?

<Denise> <r> well, no but, like, technically I'm workin' >.>

<Denise> <r> I just gotta check in though, it should be okay

<Hettienne> <r> Ralf oughta be able to handle things for an hour or so :p

<Hettienne> <r> He's a big boy

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> <r> I'm supposed to make sure they don't stay out too late :V

<Hettienne> <r> you're... chaperoning them? O_o

  • Aubrienne smirks

<Aubrienne> <r> That's adorable.

<Denise> <r> you know, he just gets talkin' to folks an then it's closin time :p

<Denise> <r> It ain't a big deal mostly just there's this thing real early an - ugh, I know t's fine, just Janelle fusses :p

<Denise> <r> I'll be right back

  • Hettienne nods

<Aubrienne> (How long do we think it will take? Do I need to check in with Christofel? I don't want him down another performer.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think the walk to his place, if you know how to get there, is pretty short - 15 minutes maybe, or less?)

<Aubrienne> Cool cools

<DiablotinNarrator> (you might want some rubber boots though... >.>)

<Denise> (ratteventures time :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> (hee)

  • Hettienne steals some from the lost & found

<Hettienne> (or we could be rats :3)

  • Denise will go and clear things with her boss

<Denise> (raaaaaaats!)

<DiablotinNarrator> Ander doesn't mind if you go off for an hour or so - he can handle things I'm sure ;)

  • Aubrienne will let Christofel know she has to step out but should be back in time for her set.
  • Aubrienne will probably also let Jed know, just in case.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You can head out back to the nearby sewer grate then, and Denise can lead the way :)

  • Denise will rat it up and do so

<DiablotinNarrator> ~ratte ratte ratte, ratttin all day long, ratte ratte ratte while i sing this song~

  • Hettienne bes a rat
  • Aubrienne will cast Communal Darkvision give us each three hours of darkvision

<Denise> (I am not sure, though Denise would now by now I'm sure, if it wold get her clothes dirty when she changes back. but she can hide them somewhere probably if she needs to?

  • Aubrienne neglects to be a rat so that she isn't using up spell slots for it. :p

<Denise> (cool)

<Aubrienne> (I can clean them. Prestidigitation :))

<Denise> (keen. In that case I don't *need* to rat. but it *is* fun, so I will anyway :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise leads the way to the magical underground grotto with the waterfall and pool and mossy walls.

  • Denise will HUman back up once she gets there

<Denise> Jonas?

<Hettienne> Whoah :o

  • Hettienne also re-humans

<Aubrienne> Huh, not exactly what I was expecting when I heard the term 'sewer grotto'.

<Aubrienne> It's pretty nice here.

  • Hettienne looks around for any sign of Jonas.

<Hettienne> (also sniffs)

<Denise> Zola said when she was here ythat she went like.... under the water an there was a real place in there

<Denise> But I dunno if we can get there without him

<Aubrienne> In the water, huh?

<Denise> I coud try it, I guess?

<Denise> yeah

  • Aubrienne heads over that way to take a look.

<DiablotinNarrator> The water is clear, but you can't really see down to the bottom of the pool

  • Denise will kick off her shoes and stuff

<Aubrienne> (in response to Hettie's sniffing) Anything? My sniffer's got nothing on you guys'.

  • Denise takes a sniff too just in case

<Denise> !rolld20

<Denise> (oh right I can't roll on myself :p)

<Aubrienne> !rolld20

<Denise> Aubrienne d20 is not a valid entry.

<Aubrienne> (o.O)

<Hettienne> !roll d20

<Denise> Hettienne rolled a ( ).

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20

<Denise> Hettienne rolled a ( ).

<Denise> (is it just roll20?)

<Hettienne> ffs.

<Hettienne> !roll20

<Denise> Hettienne rolled a ( 3 ).

<Hettienne> (all that and I get a measly 17)

<Aubrienne> (I guess I can try)

<Denise> (someone roll for me pls)

<Aubrienne> !roll20

<Denise> Aubrienne rolled a ( 10 ).

<Aubrienne> !roll20

<Denise> Aubrienne rolled a ( 12 ).

<Aubrienne> (You can take the 12 ;))

<Denise> (then 23)

<Aubrienne> (A whopping 15 for me)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you can pick up some traces of Jonas's scent, but it's faint - like he hasn't been here for a few days.

<DiablotinNarrator> Each of you could make a Perception check too.

<Hettienne> !roll20

<Denise> Hettienne rolled a ( 6 ).

<Denise> he ain't been here for a few days, I'd say...

<Denise> !roll20

<Hettienne> (pffffffffffff 20)

<Aubrienne> !roll20

<Denise> Aubrienne rolled a ( 12 ).

<Denise> (bah - roll for me pls?)

<Aubrienne> (20)

<Aubrienne> !roll20

<Denise> Aubrienne rolled a ( 6 ).

<Aubrienne> (Sorry)

<Denise> (17)

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, as you're looking around, you find Jonas' violin case tucked into a neat little nook behind some moss. It's camouflaged so probably people wouldn't notice it if they weren't poking around.

<Aubrienne> Huh

  • Aubrienne goes to take a look.

<Aubrienne> His violin is here.

<Hettienne> That don't seem like somethin' he'd just leave...

<Denise> no.

<Denise> should I swim down 'n look?

<Hettienne> Be careful...

  • Denise nods

<Denise> I will

  • Aubrienne makes a worried face.
  • Denise will strip down to her underweear then, and go see if there is even anything for puny mortals to see

<Denise> He ain't here to drown me ;p

  • Denise is so comforting ;)
  • Denise will have a look...

<Denise> (I can roll if you want, I actually have a swim score :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure :)

<Denise> (well someone can roll for me, anyway >.>)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll20

<Denise> DiablotinNarrator rolled a ( 20 ).

<Denise> (29 then :V)

<Aubrienne> (There we go :))

<Denise> (....assumig that was for me ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> heh, yes

<DiablotinNarrator> (just looking something up)

<DiablotinNarrator> (srd is loading really slowly, sorry)

<Denise> (Denise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XrgkvzAorM)

<Denise> (Esp when she isn't hiding in suits)

  • Denise also has a clearly shadar-kai tattoo on her right arm, around what looks lik a gunshot scar

<Denise> (I assume Aubrienne has never seen her topless, anyway. Possibly the tattoo syle is familiar, as well)

<Aubrienne> (I forgot how many of those sound like penis euphemisms.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (lol)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you swim easily down to the bottom of the pool, trying to feel around for anything that might lead to ... somewhere else. At first you don't feel anything but smooth stone, but eventually you find a spot that sort of... isn't there - you can push your hand through what seems like solid stone, and follow it into ...somewhere else.

  • Denise hopes she can hold her breath long enough for this!

<DiablotinNarrator> You swim upwards into a(nother?) pond and emerge in a place that seems different. It's like you're outdoors now, but the light is kind of odd. There's grass, trees, a small house.

<Denise> ....Jonas?

<Denise> :3

  • Denise calls out, suddenly wondering if maybe stripping down was a geat plan and also glad she didn't go All the Way
  • Denise has a sniff and a look around before checking the house

<DiablotinNarrator> There's no answer. You can check the house, which is like a nice little cottage with a bed, chair, some bookshelves, etc. but is also empty.

<DiablotinNarrator> There is, however, a note on the table.

  • Denise will read it!

<Hettienne> Wish I was still a norn...

  • Hettienne mutters :|

<Aubrienne> Hmm?

<Hettienne> 'Cause then I could find him.

<Aubrienne> Well, we've got plenty to try to find him with, if it comes to magic. I'm hoping maybe he just forgot to set an alarm...in his pond...under the Cabaret. >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> The note says "I returned to the First World to seek an audience with Linthira. If you're reading this, then something must have gone wrong. Tell the rest of the band I'm sorry, if that's the case."

<Denise> :|

  • Denise will then swim back out because she doesn't wan folks worrying

<Hettienne> This is awful. We shouldnta asked him to do this -_-

  • Denise will try taking the not with he by tucking it into her wraps, but isn't confident it will survive the water

<Aubrienne> We don't know how bad it is, Hettie.

<Aubrienne> He could just be delayed or something.

  • Denise surfaces
  • Denise stays in the water though

<Aubrienne> Anything?

<Denise> he ain't there, but he left a note

  • Denise fishes it out and hands it over, though it maybe be soggy and crumpled

<Denise> said he went to the first worl to talk to um, Lin-thir-ia

<Denise> but that if we got the note somethin' musta gone wrong :/

<Aubrienne> Double crap.

<Hettienne> See? I knew it!!

  • Hettienne looks distressed.

<Hettienne> Shit.

<Aubrienne> Okay, again, "something went wrong" is a broad spectrum.

<Hettienne> We're talkin' about Fae though...

<Hettienne> And he already said he's on their shitlist

<Aubrienne> I'm just saying, let's not jump to conclusions.

<Hettienne> You said we got magic to find him... can you do it?

<Aubrienne> Yeah, but it'll take an hour to cast.

<Hettienne> After work then?

<Denise> come by ours an wake me up ;p

<Aubrienne> First, let's have a look around. His violin will work, but if we could find, like, a razor or a hairbrush, that'd work better.

<Aubrienne> What was down there, Denise?

<Denise> a whole house

<Denise> I can go get somethin' better, but it'll be a little washed

<Aubrienne> No, it's okay.

<Aubrienne> I'm thinking we might want to go there for the spell.

<Aubrienne> It'll be more likely to work if we're on the same plane as him, and I'm assuming that's a little pocket of the First World.

<Denise> its a bit of a swim, but now I know how to get in

<Denise> wwell the sky was all weird, so yeah, prolly :3

<Aubrienne> It's a workable theory, and I don't think it will hurt if it's now.

<Aubrienne> (Not, rather)

<Hettienne> I ain't the strongest swimmer... :/

<Denise> I can carry you ;)

<Hettienne> ... alright... :o

<Aubrienne> I could turn into something big and swimmy and you could hold on.

<Hettienne> Denise is big an' swimmy enough

  • Aubrienne smiles.

<Aubrienne> She is at that.

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay - want to skip forward to after work so you can swim into Jonas's little pocket dimension and cast scrying?)

<Aubrienne> I'm happy to go beg off for the night if we want to try to do this now. Denise, I don't know how you get time off from...gooning? ;)

<Denise> it'll be okay

<Denise> whenever

<Aubrienne> Why don't we do that, then?

<Aubrienne> (I'm good to skip)

<DiablotinNarrator> (~wavy hand motions~)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can return to the chamber and - I guess swim into the other world? or get carried in some cases?

  • Denise can carry rat hettie, for sure

<Aubrienne> (I hope rat Hettie can hold her tiny breath)

<Hettienne> (well rats are hella good swimmers, idk.. all comin' up in toilets and such)

<Aubrienne> (Rat's have a +10 swim)

<Aubrienne> (I went and looked it up)

<DiablotinNarrator> (noice)

<Denise> (yeah, which makes her better than me ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll say you can make it there without problems, then :)

<Denise> okay

  • Denise says, shaking out her hair

<Hettienne> (I just wasn't sure I got it automatically. that rules)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can head into Jonas's house and I guess Aubrienne can track down a hair to use for her spell. dude's got long hair, if it's like staying with Heather you'll find hairs everywhere ;)

<Denise> (Just three halfnaked wet ladies hanign around a pocket fey dimension...)

<Aubrienne> (Like you do)

<Denise> (we all take up side jobs as sirens ;0

<Aubrienne> (Bad ones. I don't think any of us can sing. ;))

<DiablotinNarrator> (so it'll be -10 on the save, for knowing the target and having a piece of the target)

<Aubrienne> (Cool cools)

<Aubrienne> (And hopefully being on the same plane.)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can settle in to cast your spell for the next hour, then.

<Aubrienne> Make yourselves comfortable, ladies.

  • Denise pokes through Jonas's stuff >.>
  • Hettienne sits on the couch and fidgets/
  • Denise checks to see if he has any food that shoud be used up before it goes bad? or food? Do fey eat?

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Aubrienne, you can cast the spell, but the results you get are a bit confusing at first. What you can see is a tree, in a grove of trees. It's very pretty but you don't see Jonas.

<Denise> (THEY USED HM TO WATER THE GROVE :V)

  • Aubrienne keeps watching and listening. :/

<DiablotinNarrator> It's only when you look more closely that you realize the tree *is* him - or he's inside the tree, somehow.

<Aubrienne> (I'll try Message-ing him)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<Aubrienne> Jonas?

<Aubrienne> (I assume you roll that 45% chance, right?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> Alas, it doesn't work - or at least, you get no reply.

<Aubrienne> (Is there anything around that might indicate where he is?)

<Aubrienne> (Convenient roadsigns, perhaps? :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> Heh.. no convenient roadsigns, but there are some dryads who stroll by. They seem indifferent or unaware of him being there.

<Aubrienne> Oh for...

<Aubrienne> So, umm, he's in a tree.

<Hettienne> Like up a tree?

<Aubrienne> No, like, literally inside it.

<Aubrienne> There are some dryads around. I could try asking them where they are.

<Hettienne> Is he alright??

  • Denise nods

<Aubrienne> I don't know, Hettie. I'm sorry.

  • Aubrienne will Message one of the dryads.

<Aubrienne> Excuse me, miss?

<Dryad> What? Who's there?

<Aubrienne> I'm terribly sorry to bother you. I'm looking for a friend of mine, and I believe he is in the area where you are now. Could you possibly tell me where that is?

<Aubrienne> (Is now going to make a habit of randomly Scrying people and startling them.)

<Dryad> Oh, um... I don't know if I should talk to someone I can't see. Especially not here...

<Aubrienne> Oh, well, I can understand that. You can't be too careful. I'm just worried about my friend...

<Dryad> This is the Weeping Woods.

<Aubrienne> (Does that mean anything to me? Knowledge: Planes or Nature, maybe?)

<Dryad> (you can try a k:planes check I guess)

<Aubrienne> !roll20

<Denise> Aubrienne rolled a ( 20 ).

<Aubrienne> (Booyah! 31)

<DiablotinNarrator> You have in fact heard of it - maybe Thea knew about it :)

<Aubrienne> (Makes sense)

<DiablotinNarrator> It's a place of sorrow and loss, where trees stand for the lives of fey who have been lost for one reason or another. Like the fey equivalent of a graveyard, I suppose.

<Aubrienne> (Oh jeez)

<Aubrienne> Oh no

<Aubrienne> Nononono

<DiablotinNarrator> But - you still think you are sensing actually Jonas there. Not like... this is a tree in remembrance of Jonas, or something like that.

<Aubrienne> (To the dryad, strained)

<Dryad> Oh, what's wrong?

<Aubrienne> (Wait, does Jonas have a last name?)

<DiablotinNarrator> In mortal circles, anyway, yes. He's Jonas Steinrenne. But who knows if that's what the fey call him.

<Aubrienne> Have you heard of someone called Jonas Steinrenne?

<Aubrienne> At least, that's what we know him by.

<Denise> what is wrong?

  • Dryad looks pensive
  • Denise asks Aubrienne

<Dryad> Is he the fossegrim who came to visit the Green Lady? I think he said his name was Jonas anyway.

<Aubrienne> Yes! That's him.

<Aubrienne> Do you know what happened to him?

  • Denise frowns and looks at Hettie

<Dryad> Oh well... She was very cross. I heard that she said he couldn't go back and tell the humans... something. Um... I'm sorry, I don't know what happened after that.

<Aubrienne> All right.

<Aubrienne> Umm, thank you.

<Aubrienne> You've been most polite.

<Dryad> You're welcome, mystery voice!

<Aubrienne> (I so know this is a bad idea, but) My name is Aubrienne. Possibly also Theater.

<Dryad> ohh, Theater :D you should have just said it was you!

<Aubrienne> You know me?

<Aubrienne> I'm sorry, I'm currently one of my mortal...fragments? It's not entirely clear in this form.

<Dryad> Well of course.

<Dryad> Oh, that must be very confusing. Mortals are so strange...

<Dryad> well, be careful - try not to get any more fragmented!

<Aubrienne> I'll do my best. Thank you again.

<Aubrienne> (To Hettie and Denise)

  • Dryad waves to no one in particular and continues her walk.

<Aubrienne> I know where he is, and I think he's at least stable.

<Denise> uh

<Denise> good?

<Aubrienne> Well, not really. He went to talk to Linthira, and apparently she didn't like whatever he had to say.

<Hettienne> She turned him into a tree? :(

<Hettienne> This is all our fault...

<Aubrienne> I don't know specifically what happened to him, but he seems to be being held...uh, yeah, as a tree.

<Aubrienne> But I know where now.

<Aubrienne> So maybe we can go get him.

<Aubrienne> Hettie, it will be all right.

<Denise> an do what? put him n a nice park somewhere?

<Denise> >.>

  • Aubrienne goes to put an arm around her shoulder.

<Aubrienne> Denise, I think he's in the tree. We can get him out, I'm pretty sure.

<Hettienne> How do we fix him?

<Aubrienne> There's always Dispel.

<Denise> how do we even get there :/

<Aubrienne> Well, we *do* have an Irminsul in the neighborhood now.

<Denise> yeah, but we ain't just allowed to go an use it

<Aubrienne> We could ask.

<Denise> plus like.... if we go again who knows when we'll get back :/

<Denise> I mean

<Denise> I aint sayin we shouldn't go

<Denise> just... we gotta be ready

<Denise> an like

<Denise> if they turned *him* into a tree...

<Aubrienne> I'm not saying it's not dangerous.

<Aubrienne> But I know I owe it to him.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> I getcha

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay - anything further? or you can return home same way you came, and figure out what to do from there...)

Argent confesses to Aubrienne

  • Argent streches his arms over his head, fighting off the fatigue after a long night, and smiles at Aubrienne across the table in the booth

<Argent> So whats good here?

<Aubrienne> I'm partial to a nice spinach omelette, you'll have to judge for yourself.

<Argent> is there just spinach in it? No ham, or bacon, or sausage?

<Aubrienne> Tomatoes, some feta...I promise, it's good.

<Argent> I guess I will

<Argent> Its been an exciting few weeks, so say the least, eh?

<Aubrienne> I'll say.

<Aubrienne> Seems like it's been an exciting few months, at least.

<Argent> well, there's been no lack of challenges

<Argent> especially for you

<Argent> I really appreciate how you've helped out

<Aubrienne> I do what I can.

  • Aubrienne shrugs.

<Aubrienne> Our whole group has pitched in.

<Argent> that is very true

<Argent> but you, you have some personal investment in all of this, family investment

<Aubrienne> Well, I am getting a bit tired of things from...elsewhere, messing with my people.

<Aubrienne> I mean, I don't like them messing with anybody, but you get me.

<Argent> a sentiment I can agree with

<Aubrienne> Live and let live, Cyst...and fae...and whatever else.

<Argent> unfortunately, we know the Cyst doesnt feel that way

<Aubrienne> I know.

  • Aubrienne pouts.
  • Argent smiles

<Argent> Feel better?

  • Aubrienne sticks her tongue out.

<Aubrienne> I'm mostly trying not to think about it.

<Aubrienne> At least for the moment.

<Argent> ok... new topic... what would you like to talk about?

<Aubrienne> I don't even know.

<Aubrienne> How's bouncing going? ;)

<Argent> Its different that waiting tables, thats for sure

<Aubrienne> Less getting felt up by the patrons?

  • Argent colours slightly

<Argent> that didnt happen very often, despite what people were saying

  • Aubrienne smiles.

<Aubrienne> You like it, though?

<Argent> I probably could have... enjoyed it more... I just found it distracting

<Aubrienne> Sorry, I meant you like being on the security team.

<Argent> oh

<Argent> Yeah

<Argent> Its a good different

<Argent> Titania wanted me to go on stage... but I'm not really up for that kind of exposure

<Argent> So I get to lurk and watch over now

<Aubrienne> Aww, why not try the stage? It's a nice gig. I've been looking for a replacement for Jed so he can have his own act...

<Argent> er... I don't think I would be comfortable in the costumes he wore

  • Aubrienne grins

<Aubrienne> Fair enough. ;)

<Argent> I mean, I've seen other Shadar-Kai shows, and I know his costumes aren't nearly up to their standards... but still

<Aubrienne> I'm just ribbing.

<Aubrienne> I'm glad you like bouncing. Waiting didn't really seem your thing, all told.

<Argent> means to an end, thats all

<Aubrienne> Oh?

<Argent> it paid for my appartment

<Aubrienne> I can understand that.

<Argent> I imagine if I did go on stage, the pay would be better

<Aubrienne> There is that.

<Argent> been to church lately? Serpent right?

<Aubrienne> Uh, it's been a little bit, but it's not like attendance is mandatory.

<Aubrienne> Things have been hectic.

  • Argent nods

<Aubrienne> Why do you ask?

<Argent> I'm curious about faith

<Aubrienne> I'm not much for proselytizing...

<Aubrienne> What did you want to know?

<Argent> House rat tends to be devoute to their traditional beliefs, and I see you still carry them with you, but you also follow tenants about Serpent.

<Argent> I find it interesting

<Aubrienne> I don't really see them as the same thing.

<Aubrienne> Serpent is...a philosophy, an outlook.

<Aubrienne> Rat is our past. And not an inconsiderable patron, certainly, but I'm not a fan of being beholden to someone.

<Aubrienne> By which I mean, I often feel the gods of the Wheel are, ah, needier than I'd like.

<Aubrienne> Serpent doesn't care, and I find that more liberating.

<Aubrienne> Maybe this makes more sense when I'm high. ;)

  • Argent laughs

<Argent> I get what you're saying

<Argent> and I've chatted with Serpent followers when they were high

  • Aubrienne grins.

<Argent> I will disagree about the not caring part... Serpent cares about your ability to choose

<Aubrienne> I'm simplifying, certainly.

  • Argent nods

<Aubrienne> But that, right there, I believe is my point.

<Aubrienne> I like the choice. I feel the Wheel, in general, is more demanding.

<Aubrienne> Not that I begrudge anyone their preference.

<Aubrienne> Far be it for me to besmirch anyone's choice in most anything.

<Argent> Demanding or more willing to "go on faith"

<Argent> walking any path that depends on faith is not easy

<Aubrienne> I'm certainly willing to agree with that.

<Argent> So are you not curious about why I do things? Why I pushed to go after Amanita ?

<Aubrienne> I'll admit I've been curious, but I'm also aware people are entitled to their secrets.

<Aubrienne> Is this my chance? The grand confession of the secret life of Argent? ;)

<Argent> Well if I keep coming to you to scry on random people who you never met, or drag you into strange realms, I figured eventually you should probably have a good idea of what is what, dont you think?

<Aubrienne> Seems fair.

<Aubrienne> So, what's the scoop?

<Aubrienne> You some kinda Imperial agent or something?

<Argent> Close, I'm an agent for the Church. An Inquisitor.

<Argent> I was trained to identify evil outsiders that had infiltrated Diabloton

<Argent> although mostly these days I've been investigating fey, Cyst, and corruption in the church

  • Aubrienne blinks.

<Aubrienne> I was joking...

<Aubrienne> All right.

<Aubrienne> Uh, how long have you been...inquisiting?

<Argent> Since before I started at Titania's... but not much before.

<Aubrienne> Why Titania's?

<Aubrienne> I mean, there's certainly been a lot of weird events there.

<Argent> Lots of variety of people go there. It was a good place to practice skills.

  • Aubrienne nods.

<Argent> I got into it to fight the monsters, the evil out there.

<Aubrienne> Which you certainly seem to have gotten the opportunity for.

<Argent> I didn't, and still don't like all the secrets of what I do, especially with the people I consider friends

<Argent> So after Claar's I decided I wasn't going to keep what I do a secret from our little team

<Aubrienne> I imagine it's a bit of an occupational hazard in that line of work.

<Aubrienne> But I appreciate you telling me.

<Aubrienne> ...Does Dor know? You've been roommates for a while now.

<Argent> Well... I've been a little slow on the follow through of my decision.

  • Aubrienne smiles bemusedly.

<Aubrienne> I assume you've told Denise?

<Argent> I mean, you've been very calm and understanding... could be that your just tired, but, I'm a little scared.

<Argent> scared people will be angry and upset... I wouldn't blame them if they were.

<Argent> yeah, she's known for a while now

<Argent> how do you keep a secret like that from your best friend

<Argent> you dont

<Aubrienne> Argent, this is certainly new information, but it doesn't erase the old information. You've been my friend. Everyone has secrets. I didn't presume to think I knew everything about you.

<Aubrienne> You've always been good and decent and brave and loyal, as long as I've known you. This doesn't change that.

<Argent> Thank you, I appreciate that

<Aubrienne> So, like, do you have to report on people to the church?

<Argent> I have alot of discression in what I report back, but I do have someone I report to and get assignments from

<Aubrienne> But you basically just go after stuff like the Cyst?

<Argent> they helped get us some of the resources for when we went after Amanita

<Argent> yeah

<Argent> I was asked to investigate what I could about the murder at Titania's last year

  • Aubrienne nods.

<Argent> and I'm trying to chase down that guy Servan

<Aubrienne> Right.

<Argent> he has ties to this all, and he's colour guard, and he's actually an inquisitor as well, which means that I can't just go waltzing back and ask for help from the Church, since I don't know who to trust

<Aubrienne> Wait, that guy is an inquisitor?

<Argent> yeah... works for the order of the cat... remember all those priestesses at Claar's facility

<Aubrienne> Right...

<Aubrienne> So you being an inquisitor, too, doesn't really change our situation much, huh?

<Argent> not really

<Argent> Just means if I have to smite someone in front of you, I don't have to lie about how I did it.

  • Aubrienne laughs.

<Aubrienne> I'm the illusionist and *I'm* the open book. Go figure. :p

  • Argent shrugs

<Argent> I do need to let Dorien in on the secret.

<Aubrienne> You really should.

<Aubrienne> He might freak out a little more. I mean, he's a little more prone to it.

<Aubrienne> But he should be fine.

<Argent> ok

<Argent> I can let you know all the details afterward... you know, in case you want to... make him cringe more?

<Aubrienne> Oh, yes, please. :)

<Argent> (good place to end it?)

<Aubrienne> (Yeah, works for me. :))

<Argent> (tks for the time, was fun)

<Aubrienne> (Yeah, that was cool)