Diablotin 3 session 39

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 39 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: August 21, 2016
Diablotin date: Mid Fifth-month

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It's morning - things are starting to get back to normal, for whatever counts as normal these days. The temperature feels like a warm spring day instead of midwinter. Most of you are back to work by now, getting caught up on what you've missed.

Everyone is summoned to the Palace

<DiablotinNarrator> At your respective homes, there is a knocking at the door at an unreasonably early hour.

  • Zola tells Bastien to answer it

<Aubrienne> *grumble*

<DiablotinNarrator> When you (or your roommate/significant other/whoever) stumbles to the door, there are some Imperial Guards waiting.

<DiablotinNarrator> Your presence is requested at the palace.

  • Dorien stumbles to the door and answers blearily, in undershorts and an open robe
  • Hugonel apologizes profusely to the guards who have now seen far too much of Hugo.
  • Zola sighs and wraps herself in her silk gown and answers it, since Bastien is USELESS AND HAS NO THUMBS
  • Hettienne has a moment of 'OH SHIT THE COPS'
  • Denise probably answered the door @_@
  • Aubrienne reluctantly gets dressed to go
  • Denise will rouse everyone gently and probably ask too many questions the guards can't won't answer >.>
  • Dorien will attempt to find out why he is being summoned.

<DiablotinNarrator> Yeah, they're not very forthcoming about why.

<DiablotinNarrator> (they may not know)

  • Zola will also get all dolled up to visit the palace.
  • Denise will then just try and determine whether or not we are in trouble D:
  • Dorien will wake up Misery and call in to work while he gets dressed.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Nycki, Enver, and Margaux are included in the summons, fwiw)

  • Genevriel and Madds sort out who is "you" and then Gen gets dressed somewhat nervously.
  • Genevriel has not had a good track record with summonses.

<DiablotinNarrator> They don't say you're in trouble, just that people want to talk to you.

<DiablotinNarrator> 'people'

<Hettienne> >.>

<Hettienne> <.<

<Denise> (we can book it if we need to ;)

<Denise> (...assuming Enver has been Rattified by nnow anyway >.>)

  • Genevriel suggests she could hitch a ride with Madds since he has to go to work on the Imperial Island, anyway.
  • Aubrienne wonders if she's going to have to take a baby to an imperial audience. >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> They're disinclined to acquisce to your request.

<Denise> (yessss bring the baby :)

  • Dorien wears his best lab coat.

<Dorien> And his alchemy utility belt. Just in case.

  • Zola glories in finally being able to wear something 'fitting' outside, without having to cover it up with a coat ^_^

<Genevriel> Will the palace be providing breakfast?

  • Zola dumps Bastien in a large handbag before leaving
  • Genevriel says rather coldly, since she hasn't had time to eat.

<DiablotinNarrator> The guards stare at you blankly.

  • Genevriel is less than impressed, and also anxious.

<Genevriel> Hopefully I'll see you later today.

  • Genevriel bids Madds and heads out with the asshole guards.

<Madds_> I'm sure it will be fine - I'll see you later

  • Zola smokes in their car :3

<DiablotinNarrator> they probably smoke in their car too ;p

Everyone meets with Emperor Marl and Loick

<DiablotinNarrator> You are escorted politely but firmly to the palace, and brought to a room with the others, so you can at least see that you're not the only ones being brought in.

<Dorien> Well hello everyone. Fancy meeting you here.

  • Zola smiles when she sees people from the club and waves :D
  • Zola will join Hugo and give him a peck on the cheek
  • Hugonel arrives, dressed in a white suit, green scarf and cane.

<Hettienne> The gang's all here, huh

<DiablotinNarrator> It is a reasonably nice sort of conference room, not a holding cell or something.

  • Denise relaxes a bit when she sees everyone else who is here anc can guess more certainly what it is about

<DiablotinNarrator> (did Aubrienne bring the baby? Just curious :)

<Hugonel> Everyone's looking good. Some of you much larger or smaller.

<Zola> I guess it's Show & Tell today, hun.

<Aubrienne> (Let's say yes. :))

<Dorien> I'm guessing it's some kind of debriefing? Surprised it didn't happen sooner, honestly.

<Denise> oh my gosh is that the Feyby? :3

<Denise> Is it a girl or a boy? :3

<Zola> Oh. My. GODS.

<Hettienne> Yeah, more's the pity

<Denise> or, lik, a flower? :o

<Aubrienne> Tits said they'd want to talk to us.

  • Zola heads over to the baby

<Hettienne> You got a BABY?!|

<Denise> it's her brother's baby

<Aubrienne> It's a girl, and her name is Hyacinth. :)

<Denise> and the flower queen

  • Hettienne homes in on the baby.

<Denise> so kinda a flower then :3

<Zola> Eirlys' baby :o

  • Denise coos

<Zola> Those eyes @_@

<Aubrienne> And I didn't 'get' her; I'm just taking care of her for now.

<Hettienne> Ohhh she smells amazing.

<Hugonel> Well, then we truly do have a guest of honour. Who's a little guesty-westy of honny-wonny?

<Denise> flowerratte :3

  • Hettienne giggles in spite of herself at Hugo :3
  • Aubrienne beams at Denise's remark
  • Argent will also take a look at the baby
  • Genevriel finds a corner to sit in and tries not to think of how hungry and tired she is.

<Aubrienne> Maybe she can get a traditional middle name. :)

<Denise> well like lots of traditional names are like plants an things :3

<Denise> so I think she's doin' okay

<Denise> well

<Zola> Why's she with you, hun?

<Zola> Mama in a meeting?

<Aubrienne> (What is it we use for Rat translation again?)

<Aubrienne> Last I saw her, Eirlys went off to help with the de-Blighting.

<Aubrienne> So she gave her a name and left her with me.

<Zola> Awwww

<Hettienne> Some mother.

<Aubrienne> (I meant linguistically. Isn't there a language we steal from? :))

<Aubrienne> Well, she did kind of have things to do.

<Denise> (Croatian I believe)

<Dorien> Are you sure she didn't take your baby in exchange? That's kind of traditional, isn't it?

<Aubrienne> (That's what I thought)

<Aubrienne> Dor, I don't have a baby. And it's not like I'm likely to.

<Hettienne> You never know >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> (oh, heh - croatian)

<Zola> Wierder things have happened >_>

<Dorien> Well, you never know. Who knows what all came back with us

<Aubrienne> (That would make her name in Rat 'Zumbul', which is a little funky.)

<Aubrienne> (There is no Hyacinth, only Zumbul)

<DiablotinNarrator> (lol)

<DiablotinNarrator> The door opens and a servant wheels in a cart with some pastries, coffee, and tea.

  • Genevriel feels a bit better.

<Hugonel> Oh, good, breakfast! Thank you, my good man.

<Aubrienne> Oh, noms.

<Denise> ooooh :D

<Dorien> Oh thank the stars...

<Hettienne> I feel likie I could eat a horse @_@

  • Denise and Enver can demonstrate the appetite of hungry teenagers

<Dorien> A week ago you could have.

<Hettienne> Heh.

<Aubrienne> That would have been something to see.

<Genevriel> Would it have killed them to say "Yes, there will be food at the palace since we woke you up and you have had no time to eat?"

<Argent> opportunities missed alas

  • Genevriel asks once the servants are gone.

<Hettienne> It would just take longer now.

<Aubrienne> Finish this horse and it's free?

<Denise> heh

<Hettienne> Ain't their job to be nice

  • Hettienne shrugs and stuffs her face

<Denise> or to know things :p

  • Hettienne pours herself a nice cup of coffee too, and takes a big swig.

<DiablotinNarrator> The palace has good quality food ;)

<Hettienne> Ahhhh, that's better.

  • Denise also coffees and maybe sneaks a croissant or two into a pocket for later >..

<Genevriel> Courtesy never goes out of style.

  • Zola snacks, stuffs some cat edible foods into her giant bandbag
  • Hettienne snorts.

<Dorien> Dorien hesitates for a moment, then pours tea instead of coffee.

<Denise> you ain't dealt much with guards o_O

<Denise> Lucky

  • Argent will fetch coffee and pastries for himself and Margaux
  • Aubrienne will carefully pour herself some coffee.
  • Hettienne goes to sit with Nycki.

<Argent> hopefully this doesnt take too long

<Loick> Oh good, they brought coffee.

  • Loick says as he wanders in with the Emperor.
  • Loick will help himself to that.

<Hettienne> ... <r> Holy shit is that the Emperor

  • Dorien instinctively stands up straighter

<Marl> Good morning.

  • Denise looks up t the people who just came in, mouth half full of muffin and freezes @_@
  • Marl is in fact the Emperor

<Hugonel> Ah, good morning, Your Imperial Majesty.

  • Argent will stand and show respect

<Dorien> Good morning... Your Majesty.

  • Aubrienne will echo Hugo.

<Hugonel> . o O (what did they think was going to happen at the palace?)

  • Hettienne follow other people's leads and stands up
  • Zola will curtsy appropriately
  • Genevriel stands and bows - she can be courteous. :P
  • Denise can do a curtsey too, figurng Zola is a good person to copy because she is classy :3
  • Denise is wearing pants tho

<Genevriel> (That's why I bowed.  ;) )

<Denise> (and a half-eaten muffin)

<Marl> Please, have a seat. We were hoping to talk with you about recent events.

  • Hettienne sits, still a bit stunned.
  • Denise will sit by Enver and Argen and hopefully not far from her Aunt
  • Hugonel grabs his coffee and sits.
  • Aubrienne takes a seat.
  • Argent takes a seat

<Loick> You can probably imagine why.

  • Dorien sits by Aubrienne for moral support.
  • Loick says, taking a bite of a muffin
  • Zola laughs
  • Denise hopes she knows, anyway >.>
  • Genevriel resumes her seat in the corner, and will watch the emperor and the other guy very closely out of a morbid curiosity for what kind of people lead the empire.

<Loick> We've heard some of what happened, but we were hoping to get the story directly from the people who were there.

  • Zola will sit with Hugo, but give Denise and Hettie a big smile across the table :)
  • Denise smiles back but is clearly back to being nervous now that she is no longer distracted with baby and food
  • Loick smiles. Marl is not the smiling type.
  • Argent keeps expression off his face

<Genevriel> (Must be a Wolf thing; I'm not smiling either.)

  • Zola smiles at everyone :D
  • Dorien tries to remain objective.

<Argent> So what do you want to know?

<Marl> Let's start with how you got to the First World.

<Hettienne> It was the Mushroom Queen...

  • Zola sips her coffee and positions Bastien in her lap
  • Denise is going to keep Quiet unless prompted

<Zola> Well, we might as well start at the beginning....

<Argent> She had been possed by a Cyst creature. We managed to break its control, and she ejected it.

<Argent> then she opened a portal to the First World... using, im not sure what.

  • Zola will begin with the plan to use the COP to tryto free her and everyone going down and managing to get it done

<Zola> (Oh, did we roll Knowledge on that book?)

  • Loick makes notes as you go along

<Zola> (I forget if we did at the time)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I don't think it was really a priority at that moment)

<Zola> She had this book, perhaps an artifact of some kind? She tore it and said something about tearing the Dark Tapestry.

<Zola> No, rending...

<Aubrienne> (We rolled to try to figure out what she was doing, but not what the book was)

  • Loick looks a little o_O at that

<Zola> Yeah.

  • Zola tries to think about the book now?

<Hugonel> We still aren't quite sure what that means, although the effects are clear enough.

<Zola> (Arcana?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure, or k: planes if you have it)

  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 37 ]

<Zola> (Arcana)

<Hugonel> It was like the world itself was rent open, and then we were drawn through ... stars ... and into a new world and new forms.

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+16

  • Zola rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 28 ].

<Zola> One assumes the process wasn't orderly, as Amanita felt the need to shoehorn us into them...

<Dorien> It was a very... unique experience.

<Aubrienne> We're still not entirely clear on our existence in that place.

<Aubrienne> Something was lost in translation, as it were.

<Argent> Does that help?

<Zola> Now that I think about it, I think there's a tome called the Codex of the Dark Tapestry? It's probably what got Amanita into trouble in the first place

<Hugonel> That definitely doesn't sound ominous.

  • Aubrienne gives Zola a curious look.
  • Loick nods, recognizing the name.

<Zola> Well, slightly less ominous than "REND the Dark Tapestry" >_>

<Hugonel> Only way to make it sound worse would be if its name were in Gravonian.

  • Denise is now thoroughly lost @_@

<Zola> Anyhow, we were all stuffed into forms more natural to the First World... I was an atomie, about this -[ ]- tall, and Hettie there *points* was a giant Norn-thing...

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+16

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 27 ].

<Dorien> I was a bird. And a guy with a beard. At the same time. If that helps.

<Zola> We remembered who we were ... but others didn't... Hugo was a lillend but didn't remember anything...

<Dorien> I believe the act of fitting us into our new forms was rushed and... imprecise.

<Aubrienne> And the forms themselves may have been borrowed.

<Aubrienne> Again, it's not clear.

<Zola> That's something we'd really like to settle ... at least some of us >_>

<Marl> We can attempt to ascertain if the entities you ... borrowed... still exist, if that's what you're asking.

<Aubrienne> Yes, please.

<Zola> That would be amazing!

<Zola> Hugo and I were going to try to find someone to cast Sending

  • Zola smiles broadly :D

<Dorien> That would be nice.

<Genevriel> Mine may no longer exist, but she wasn't purely a construct made for me for the duration of my stay in the First World.

<Genevriel> I am certain of that.

<Genevriel> Also: rending the dark tapestry may not be so ominous as many of you seem to assume.

  • Zola blinks

<Zola> ... no?

<Genevriel> It felt... familiar... to me, for lack of a better word.

<Genevriel> I think it may just have been a metaphor for passing from one plane to another.

<Loick> It's an interesting question - it's known that there can be parallel lives, so to speak, in different realms, but typically they're worlds that are linked by the Arch. The First World, basically by definition, has no Arch, so the matches may have been less precise.

<Zola> Well... it's certainly a disturbing word choice...

<Aubrienne> Interesting.

<Genevriel> Well, if you think of the planes as being like wrinkles in a piece of fabric, we sort of tore through a section or two to get from this plane to the First World. But as Hettienne can attest, I'm sure, fabric can be mended with some well-placed stitches.

<Argent> did you ask Amanita how she did it? You did talk with her.

<Loick> We didn't, actually... We spoke to Eranthis.

<Zola> He can be a little chilly :3

  • Loick chuckles

<Zola> Did they cure the Blight?

<Genevriel> Temperatures are warming; that suggests they have, but confirmation would be good.

<Loick> They were able to drive it back, apparently. The tendrils it had been sending out into our world have been severed, and in the First World, its power is much diminished, if not entirely removed.

  • Zola looks relieved, and glad.

<Aubrienne> Well, that sounds like a rousing success.

<Dorien> Or at least a solid win.

<Hugonel> We certainly succeeded in what we were tasked with doing.

<Hugonel> What that means going forward from here, though ...

  • Hugonel shrugs.

<Argent> what remains in the shade? Its still cordoned off.

<Marl> That is indeed an excellent question. Our most pressing concern is the Irminsul in the Shade, which is now an open portal between the First World and ours.

<Zola> A new Embassy?

  • Zola ventures somewhat optimistically?

<Loick> We did discuss that, to some extent, with Eranthis.

<Aubrienne> And?

<Zola> Does he have any insight into Linthira's thoughts >_>

<Loick> We have concerns about unrestricted travel between the planes. But we can understand their position - that if the Irminsul is destroyed, it will only cause further problems, both generally and specifically.

<Hugonel> It's not unlike the situation faced some decades ago with the Shadar-kai, in that respect?

<Aubrienne> Certainly it's better to have this open dialogue.

<Loick> Yes, in some regards it's similar. We don't know yet whether there will be any great number of fey who want to come here for extended periods of time, as the Shadar-kai have done.

<Aubrienne> Perhaps travel enforcement can be achieved on both sides.

<Zola> It would seem to me a shame for us to waste this outcome of a rather positive state between us on destroying the Irminsul... again.

<Loick> But for the time being, we hope to deal with it in a similar way - to set up a perimeter, so to speak, and try to keep tabs on those coming and going.

  • Zola SM them both >_>

<Loick> If problems develop, we can address them as they arise.

<Aubrienne> I would think this opens up significant prospects for scholarship, trade, cultural exchange...

<Hugonel> What is it like, in the Shade, right now? What are the conditions?

<Zola> (30 Loick, 22 Marl)

  • Loick seems sincere about wanting to try and make things work. Marl is harder to read.
  • Denise listens more to this part
  • Zola is glad to hear this from Loick

<Dorien> Is there any idea when people might be allowed back in?

<Aubrienne> There may be problems with the current residents of the area. Or, rather, any new immigrants might have problems with them.

<Aubrienne> It's something to be aware of.

<Zola> Did Eranthis mention their history? >_>

<Loick> The various fey that were attacking people and causing damage have been driven back or defeated. So for the moment, the Shade is quiet - but we want to be cautious about letting people back in until we've set up appropriate precautions at the site of the Irminsul.

<Loick> We think we should be able to begin allowing the inhabitants to return within a week.

  • Zola gives Aubrienne a smile :)

<Aubrienne> Thank goodness.

<Argent> Do you have other questions?

  • Marl glances at Aubrienne

<Marl> How is the baby?

  • Aubrienne freezes for a moment.

<Aubrienne> She's fine.

  • Aubrienne says, carefully.

<Marl> Nothing unusual so far?

<Aubrienne> (I assume not?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no, just regular baby stuff)

<Zola> Aside from those gorgeous eyes? ^_^

<Aubrienne> Nothing I haven't dealt with before. I have a lot of cousins. :)

  • Marl nods

<Marl> We'd like to keep an eye on her.

<Loick> .. and to help you, of course.

  • Loick adds hastily

<Loick> We can provide assistance for child care, if that would help.

<Aubrienne> I think I can manage...

<Loick> All right. If you change your mind, let us know.

<Aubrienne> Of course.

<Loick> Do you think she's going to be staying here long?

<Aubrienne> I honestly don't know.

<Aubrienne> Her father is here.

<Aubrienne> And I'm not entirely sure where her mother is at the moment.

<Aubrienne> So this seems like the best place.

<Marl> From what we heard, her mother was greatly drained by the efforts to remove the Blight. All of the fey rulers were, but perhaps because she had recently given birth, Eirlys was more seriously affected.

  • Denise frowns a it at the interest in Hyacinth, even though she can kind of see the reason for it

<Aubrienne> Is she all right?

<Marl> We were told that they would recover, but it will take time.

<Marl> Whatever time means for them...

<Loick> Do you have any other questions that we might be able to answer?

<Aubrienne> You said Eranthis was the one you spoke to after?

<Loick> Yes, that's correct.

<Hugonel> Why him, and not one of the others?

<Aubrienne> Did he say what their plans were? Did they return to the First World?

<Loick> Because he's the one who came to us. And, yes, to the best of my knowledge they have all returned to the First World for the time being. Although there's currently nothing stopping them from coming back.

  • Aubrienne nods.

<Zola> Perhaps it would be kind to let Linthira know that she doesn't need to worry about the Irminsul for now, if we haven't already?

<Loick> Eranthis indicated he would speak with her, and relay our message.

  • Zola nods

<Genevriel> Is the government providing support to the displaced residents of the Shade?

<Marl> We've provided shelters and food for them during the time they were displaced.

  • Genevriel nods.
  • Dorien frowns slightly
  • Denise looks dubious but remains quiet >.>

<Genevriel> Will there be any assistance with repairs to damaged homes?

  • Denise looks more dubious

<Marl> There will be funds made available for necessary repairs - they can apply to receive part of it if their property was damaged as a result of the defense of the city.

  • Denise looks downright cynical
  • Genevriel nods again.

<Hugonel> Now that our part in this is done - for now - what are we permitted to say, or not to say?

<Argent> so anything for us for our excellent service to the realm?

  • Genevriel sighs quietly.
  • Denise now looks surprised at Argent's audacity
  • Zola laughs a bit
  • Dorien clears his throat a bit.
  • Denise resumes looking cynical though >.>
  • Marl glances at Loick for a moment

<Marl> You're permitted to say what your consciences allow. We don't believe speaking of your experiences in this matter poses a threat to national security.

  • Zola is quite glad she doesn't have to keep track of that!

<Denise> . o O (They mean they ain't worried 'cause folks will think we're nuts :p)

<Hugonel> The assistance of your staff in helping us figure out what exactly happened to us, and our analogues, would be most helpful.

<Dorien> If anything else should develop, who should we contact?

<Marl> And for the question of your excellent service - I do think we owe you a debt. Your efforts, although not officially sanctioned, were instrumental in regaining control of the Shade, and ultimately in pushing back the blight, for which I offer my gratitude.

<Zola> We did go a little above & beyond, didn't we? :)

  • Hettienne will not be contacting anyone, thanks >.>
  • Marl produces from a pocket of his coat a number of envelopes, which he hands around to each of you - they have your names on them in fancy handwriting.

<Dorien> o.O

<Zola> Oooh, presents :D

<Hettienne> Oh... :o THanks.

<Genevriel> Thank you, Your Majesty.

<Dorien> Ummm... Thank you.

  • Denise takes a few moments to try and read the fancy handwriting :p

<Argent> Thank you, Your Majesty.

<Aubrienne> Thank you, your majesty.

<Hugonel> Many thanks, sire.

<Denise> uh, thanks @_@

<Denise> (does it feel like money?)

  • Dorien will slip it discretely into his inside pocket.
  • Genevriel will be donating it to charity if it's money. Maybe to help support displaced Shade residents.

<DiablotinNarrator> (it feels like paper, anyway - it's not very fat, like stuffed with wads of cash)

  • Denise sees that no one else is opening it now and puts it in a pocket
  • Zola will offer to stick around and tell Loick the full story, show him mothmans and maybe penis poledancing

<Genevriel> (So are we gonna get all magicked up to see who our First World selves are, then?)

<Zola> (probably not that)

<Loick> If you do have further questions, or issues that arise as a result of this, you can contact my office.

  • Loick gives you business cards that do NOT have dick pics.

<Zola> Who knows what extra details might be important?

<Zola> Or Hugo and I could make an appointment, if you're too busy today ^_^

  • Zola volunteers Hugo

<DiablotinNarrator> (they just said they were going to try to find out if they still existed - it doesn't really require them to magic you at all)

<Genevriel> (Ok, thanks for the clarification.)

<Loick> Yes, that would be fine - you can set up an appointment for later.

<Zola> Also uh... >_>

<Zola> It seems like maybe somethings might linger from the First World... I thought maybe I'd just mention that if people think that might be the case it isn't just crazy talk.

<Denise> huh

  • Dorien makes a point of looking discrete
  • Argent makes note to question Dorien

<Hettienne> Oh, like what?

<Zola> Like, uh... physical changes?

<Argent> yeah, like what?

  • Zola perhaps regrets saying this BEFORE Loick & Marl left >_>

<Hugonel> It probably is best to just ... get it out there, Zola.

  • Zola sighs

<Zola> Well I didn't think His Majesty needed to hear THAT part, Hugo >_>

<Marl> o_O

  • Genevriel gazes at plaster work on the ceiling, wondering when they can leave.

<Zola> Ugh, FINE...

<Hugonel> Hmm. He's heard and seen worse ... far worse, I'll wager. It might be relevant.

<Marl> ...

<Zola> I came back all woman, 100%.

  • Zola slaps Hugo's shoulder
  • Genevriel turns her attention to Zola, looking confused.

<Genevriel> You weren't already?

<Hettienne> Hot damn :o

<Hettienne> Congratulations?

  • Zola turns to Hettie, "I know, isn't that just something? :D"
  • Denise also looks broefly confused, and then like something clicks in to place.

<Aubrienne> Oh, wow, Zola! :)

<Denise> OOOOOooooooooooooooh :o

<Hettienne> \that's amazing!

  • Genevriel still looks confused.

<Aubrienne> That's great!

<Denise> neat :o

  • Argent takes a good look at Zola, noting the subtle differences
  • Aubrienne will give Zola an awkward one-armed hug since she's holding Hyacinth.

<Argent> what do you know...

  • Dorien resists the urge to say "Prove it"
  • Genevriel frowns, shakes her head slightly and returns to gazing at room decor.
  • Zola will tramp over in her heels to give Aubrienne a hug, and will also hit up Lathra and Hettie and Denise

<Hettienne> :3

<Loick> Well, that's... fascinating.

<Genevriel> . o o (It must be one of *those* things.)

  • Denise gives you a big hug
  • Zola misty eyed

<Denise> now you can get on them 13 babies afterall I guess ^-^

<Zola> -_-

<Zola> Well, cheaper at least :V

<Denise> :3

<Hettienne> I'd recommend startin' with just one

  • Denise gives Hettie a sly look

<Zola> I just figured I'd mention it in case someone has something less fortuitous going on...

<Dorien> Two if you're feeling particularly overachieving

<Zola> So they don't think they're crazy or anything.

<Dorien> Well, I can honestly say I haven't noticed any changes quite like that.

<Hettienne> Me neither.

<Zola> Well, maybe that's just a mixup... I might have confused the fey :D

<Loick> Well... if anyone else has any other ... unexpected developments, feel free to let us know.

  • Zola looks a bit sheepish at all the hubbub >_>

<Dorien> <w> Void, I hope not...

<Genevriel> Nothing to report here.

<Zola> Huh

  • Denise shakes her head, quieting down again
  • Zola should SM you all!
  • Argent doesnt need to

<Hettienne> (well I'm not lying, then, for the record)

<Argent> Is there anything else we can help you with your Majesty?

<Marl> Not at the moment. Thank you all very much for your time.

<Dorien> Thank you for Thank you, your majesty.

<Genevriel> (I'm not lying when I say I have nothing like Zola has to report.)

  • Marl stands to go, and Loick does as well
  • Loick grabs one more croissant for the road ;p
  • Argent stands for them to leave
  • Denise feeels less bad about the ones in her pocket >.>
  • Dorien stands as well
  • Denise follow's their lead
  • Genevriel stands, too.
  • Aubrienne stands respectfully.

<Zola> I wonder how long we can stay and eat pastries before someone raises a fuss.

<Zola> (After they leave >_>)

  • Dorien will try to catch Hettie's eye and take her aside for a moment.

<Argent> forget the pastries... where do they get their coffee?

<Hettienne> What?

<Denise> it's real good, ain't it? :o

<Hettienne> What do you want?

<Dorien> Listen... I've been meaning to talk to you. I know we've had our differences. For whatever reason you don't like me. I know that. I was just hoping that after what happened maybe we could be less... hostile... to each other.

  • Denise gets another cup :3

<Genevriel> It is almost like coffee from home.

<Hettienne> Hrm.

  • Hettienne eyes him.

<Hettienne> I'll be straight with you

<Hettienne> I don't like slingers.

<Dorien> I'm not a slinger anymore.

<Hettienne> Really.

<Hettienne> (sm)

<Dorien> Really.

<Dorien> Anyway. That's all. I'm willing to call a truce if you are.

  • Argent opens his envelope to see whats in it
  • Denise peeks over his shoulder

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+13

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 32 ].
  • Hettienne eyes you some more.
  • Denise maybe brought back some height from the First World

<Hettienne> Alright.

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, in the envelope is a promissory note to be drawn on the Imperial Bank for 5000 Imps.

  • Dorien nods.

<Denise> :o

<Hettienne> But you know I used to make my bread stickin' up guys like you, so don't let me hear you gone back to it.

  • Argent shows it to Denise

<Denise> that's a lotta zeros - what's that mean though?

<Denise> I ain't ever seen one :3

<Dorien> You won't. I'm done with that.

<Dorien> Wait...

<Dorien> You used to stick up slingers?

  • Hugonel opens his envelope, now that he's not the first one.

<Argent> you go to the bank... they give you cash

<Hettienne> Haha, you never heard that? :3

<Denise> that much? :o

<Argent> yep

<Hettienne> Oh yeah, real good times.

  • Denise opens her s to see if it is the same
  • Hettienne cackles.

<DiablotinNarrator> (they're all the same)

<Hettienne> Me an' Nycki.

<Denise> ohmigosh :o

<Denise> Enver!

<Dorien> You didn't happen to stick up a weasly little shit named Puce, did you?

  • Hugonel tries not to seem too impressed.
  • Denise grabs him

<Hugonel> The Emperor is most generous.

<Hettienne> ... Rings a bell.

<Enver> :o

  • Dorien bursts out laughing

<Hettienne> Recall I shot him in the leg.

<Zola> How much, Hugo?

<Dorien> hahahahahahahahahaha

  • Zola tries to peek

<Hettienne> 'Course, coulda been a different weaselly little shit.

<Hettienne> Most of them are

<Hugonel> Five thousand.

<Denise> unhuh :o

<Zola> No kiddin'.

<Zola> ... no kiddin' o_O

<Dorien> Man, I could have used that information when I was trying to get myself clear of his skeazy ass.

<Denise> we can get, lik, a *real nice house... an I can take care of mam...

  • Denise tears up
  • Enver hugs you
  • Denise hugs back

<Hettienne> Heh. Well, glad to hear you're shut of 'im, anyway.

  • Zola opens hers just to make sure >_>

<Zola> I'll be... that's a lot more than I expected...

<Dorien> Me too. Thanks.

  • Dorien notices the commotion going on across the room.
  • Argent smiles at Denis' and Enver's reactions
  • Denise is just thinking about the future right now
  • Genevriel wonders what Madds will think.
  • Dorien opens his envelope.
  • Genevriel is inclined to give most, if not all, away, but it's not just her choice anymore.

<Dorien> Ummm.... Het... you might want to see this.

  • Hettienne opens her envelope...

<Hettienne> Holy shit. O_o

<Dorien> Yeah. That about sums it up.

<Hettienne> Also. Don't call me that.

<Dorien> Sure thing.

<Aubrienne> This'll certainly buy a lot of formula. :)

<Genevriel> Does anyone know if we're allowed to leave?

<Argent> I'm sure there is nothing stopping us.

<Dorien> Not yet. There are still pastries.

<Zola> You can buy some pastries of your own, now :P

<Genevriel> I ate enough already. I mostly need to sleep.

<Hugonel> Before anyone leaves ... uh, what is going on with House Rat?

<Aubrienne> I'm sorry?

  • Zola looks confused

<Hettienne> What?

<Denise> ....what? >.>

<Dorien> (with mouth full) Hrrrm?

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+20

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+20 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 20 ] totals [ 29 ].
  • Zola eyes Denise a bit

<Hugonel> I just heard a weird thing, maybe it's nothing ... about shapeshifters? Anyone else heard that?

<Dorien> I'll be honest, I heven't left the house much since I got back...

<Hettienne> There's always that kind of rumor goin' on about us.

  • Denise looks at Hettie

<Hettienne> Don't believe every stupid thing you hear, Hugo.

<Denise> where'd you even hear that?

<Hugonel> It doesn't matter. You're right, Hettie, just one of those things, I'm sure.

  • Argent will sense motive as well on both of them

<Argent> (Hettie then Hugo)

<Zola> (Is it known that they COULD turn but now can't?)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+23

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 39 ].

<Argent> !roll 1d20+23

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 28 ].

<Denise> !roll 1d20

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 3 ].

<Denise> (LOL)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+16

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 36 ].

<Hugonel> (I win ... oh wait I wasn't hiding anything)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Zola, yes, that's generally known)

  • Denise is bad at hiding things

<Zola> Isn't that old news? Except for what the Channels can do?

  • Denise is just goig to shut the hell up

<Hettienne> Yeah. Somepeople got real active imaginations though, an' they run away with it a bit

  • Hettienne shrugs

<Genevriel> I wonder what it would be like to turn into a wolf?

  • Genevriel muses aloud.

<Argent> everyone seems taller

  • Argent responds
  • Zola eyes Argent
  • Hettienne snickers.

<Genevriel> Until you rear up on your hind feet.

<Zola> Oh, I thought maybe you were saying you got shorter when you came back >_>

<Denise> I think I got taller, I had to get my hems let out again :/

  • Denise says somethign safe >.>

<Hettienne> You're a growin' girl!

  • Denise just sighs

<Zola> Huh, you think?

<Argent> sure you didnt just start wearing heels?

  • Argent checks Denise's shoes

<Denise> I'd be trippin' over my own feet even mre -_-

<Zola> Did you want to be taller?

  • Denise is wearing her nice dress shoes

<Denise> no?

  • Zola looks perplexed

<Denise> I mean I'm already taller than Danys was

<Denise> is

<Denise> or whatever

<Zola> That's just wierd then.

  • Denise shrugs

<Denise> I'm always growin'

<Argent> like Hettie said, growing girl... soon she'll be allowed to braid her hair and wear dresses.

<Denise> :p

<Denise> I ain't afraid to punch you :p

<Argent> I'd just duck

  • Denise shakes a fist at you

<Denise> you could try ^-^

  • Zola looks at Hugo

<Zola> You sure you aren't different? Horns in strange places? :)

  • Zola checks his shoulder back for extra tits
  • Genevriel will slip out and head home, with maybe a detour to the Military Justice building to open the envelope and share the news with Madds.
  • Dorien will head home to share the awesome news with Misery :) At least it buys them a good chunk of time with the mob.
  • Hettienne will go celebrate with Nycki :D
  • Denise will probably take Enver to see her parents :3
  • Aubrienne will stick around and see if she can see her brother for a while.
  • Argent will head home with Margaux

Solos

Genevriel discusses her financial windfall with Madds

  • Genevriel figured she could head over to his office after escaping the palace, but that'll only work if it's mid-morning and Military Justice is unionized so it has coffee breaks. ;)

<Genevriel> (So maybe this has to wait until after his work day.)

<Madds> (You could wait until his lunch, or see him after work)

<Genevriel> (Lunch works, sure. As long as it's okay for her to wander the Imperial Island aimlessly for a few hours. ^-^ Maybe she can visit an art gallery to kill time until Madds' lunch.)

  • Genevriel goes to see Madds on his lunch break.
  • Madds smiles when he sees you show up

<Madds> This is a pleasant surprise :)

<Genevriel> Well, I happened to be in the area.

<Madds> Oh?

<Genevriel> (He knows - I got taken from his house by guards in the morning.)

<Madds> (yes but he doesn't know why you're here specifically :)

<Genevriel> How long do you have for your lunch break?

<Madds> I need to be back in about 45 minutes - we can eat together if you like.

<Madds> Is everything okay?

<Genevriel> Yes-ish.

<Genevriel> And sure, I might as well have lunch with you. We can talk while we eat.

  • Madds nods

<Madds> Would you like to eat outside? There's a little garden not too far where I go sometimes when it's nice out.

  • Genevriel smiles.

<Genevriel> That sounds lovely.

<Genevriel> (Are there street vendors on the Imperial Island? Where do people buy lunch? ^-^)

<Madds> All right.

<Madds> (There are street vendors, yes - more classy ones than in Rhenea or Pearl, though ;)

  • Genevriel will purchase some food on the way to the gardens, then.

<Genevriel> (I probably look a little horrified by what they charge. I'm more used to paying for food in Rhenea and Pearl. ^-^)

  • Madds finds us a seat - there are a few other people there, presumably also employees eating lunch or having a break, but it isn't too crowded.
  • Genevriel will pass him the envelope with the promissory note.
  • Madds looks at it, a bit puzzled

<Madds> What's this?

<Genevriel> Open it.

  • Genevriel says between mouthfuls.
  • Madds opens it

<Madds> ... wow.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I have... very complicated feelings about it.

<Madds> how so?

<Genevriel> Well, it's a lot, for one. I didn't do much. It doesn't seem right. And... I guess I'm also kind of angry. Which is really stupid, probably, but, I don't know.

<Madds> Why are you angry?

<Genevriel> That's the complicated part.

<Genevriel> What it boils down to, I guess, is this: I try to do the right thing, and I get punished for it on the one hand, and then on the other, I get this.

<Genevriel> Logically I know that in the eyes of the law I *did* do wrong when I saved an 'enemy combatant'. But in my heart it doesn't feel that way.

<Genevriel> And I just...

<Genevriel> I don't know. Who are we to decide?

<Madds> Someone has to.

<Genevriel> That's not a very satisfying answer.

<Madds> Well, who do you mean by "we"? You and me, personally? The justices who decide cases? The Emperor?

<Genevriel> Yes. All of those.

<Genevriel> Like, I know there's a social contract, and most of us sign on to it because we're good people at heart. So we're expected to accept judgments stemming from this social contract we metaphorically sign.

<Genevriel> But... there's two sides to every story.

<Genevriel> That kid was just trying to protect his livelihood and his family. The same way you and I wanted to protect our people.

<Madds> I'm not sure what this has to do with your money, per se, or with what you did to receive it. I mean, I understand that you have reservations, but this is a huge amount of money. There are a lot of things you could do with it.

  • Genevriel looks a bit hurt, but nods.

<Genevriel> I can pay August back for the legal fees.

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> And set some aside for our apartment and bills and groceries.

<Madds> If you like. I can cover those things, but I appreciate that you would like to help.

<Madds> If you wanted, you could track down that kid and see what his situation is these days. Maybe that would help you to feel a bit better about things?

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Even all the people in the Shade. The Emperor said they'd be looked after, but some of the people with me looked pretty sceptical.

<Genevriel> Do you know anything about setting up a fund?

<Madds> What sort of fund?

<Genevriel> That people could apply to if they need financial assistance.

  • Madds considers
  • Genevriel glances down at the promissory note next to Madds still.

<Genevriel> That won't stretch very far, but my parents had investments.

<Genevriel> If the fund was invested then it could continue making money, maybe become somewhat self-perpetuating.

<Genevriel> I'm not sure what to invest in, though.

<Madds> It can be risky - I mean, that's sort of the nature of investments. You could lose a lot, or gain a lot.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> I know. That's why I'm hoping for some advice.

<Madds> I could see if we can meet with my parents' accountant, if that would help.

<Genevriel> Oh... They have an accountant?

  • Genevriel shakes her head.

<Genevriel> Of course they do.

<Genevriel> Yes, that is probably a sensible step to take.

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> I'll see August tonight and can find out what I owe him. Um... how much should I set aside for our living expenses?

<Madds> Well, that's up to you, I guess.

<Genevriel> I'm asking you because I don't even know what the rent is. I can make a sensible decision once I have that information.

<Madds> I know you're thinking about finding a new job, which would change your financial situation, so would this be to help bridge the time between now and whenever you might find new work?

<Madds> or do you want to use some portion of this money to help contribute to our expenses for a longer period of time?

<Genevriel> I think I have to plan a little longer-term than that. I don't know what other work I might be able to get. As a gardener, I probably wouldn't make a whole lot more than I do now.

<Genevriel> I'm really only equipped to be a farmer.

<Genevriel> But I've noticed a deplorable lack of farms within the city.

  • Genevriel jokes dryly.

<Genevriel> And none of the ones nearby grow citrus or olives. :/

<Madds> Well, you could take training to do something else - you could afford it, now. But if being a farmer is what makes you happy, it doesn't matter to me if it doesn't make a lot of money.

<Genevriel> Farming can make a lot of money, if you grow the right crops. We lived very comfortably in Psyra. Gardening, though - that's not as highly valued. It's really just a specialized form of labour.

  • Genevriel smiles slightly and affectionately mutters 'city-boy' under her breath.

<Genevriel> Working with growing things *is* what makes me happy, though.

<Madds> Anyway - our rent is 30 Imperials a month. Food and utilities and so on are about the same, although obviously the heating bill has been high lately.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> All right. I'll see about developing a workable budget. Thank you, Madds.

<Madds> I can try to find a time for us to talk to my family's accountant about investments or things like that.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> And I'll talk to M. Errazuris about the boy.

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> I need to see him before we go to Psyra, anyway.

<Madds> I hope that will go okay. I know it'll probably be difficult, but maybe it can help you come to terms with what happened.

  • Genevriel nods.

<Genevriel> Yes, but I meant M. Errazuris.

  • Genevriel smiles.
  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> My parents' records and title to the land would have been destroyed in the fire. But there may have been other copies? And if they're in Psyra, then I might as well try to track them down while we're there.

  • Genevriel doesn't seem very hopeful that she will find any land title documents, though.

<Madds> It's possible. They were part of the land grant efforts after the first uprising, right? So there should be some sort of paperwork in the Imperial archives. I'm not sure how well that stuff survived in Psyra, but there might be copies here.

<Genevriel> M. Errazuris will be able to find out, or at least direct me to another lawyer who does real estate rather than criminal defense. I hope.

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> Thanks for listening to me.

<Madds> What would you want to do with the land, if you were able to find proof that you owned it?

<Genevriel> I don't know. Probably sell it.

  • Madds nods

<Genevriel> I don't think I could live there with all the memories.

<Genevriel> I suppose I'll find out when we go.

<Madds> That's understandable. But I guess that's something to worry about in the future.

  • Madds puts an arm around you.
  • Genevriel hesitates for a moment, uncertain about a public display of affection, then slips her arm around him as well and rests her head on his shoulder.

<Madds> For whatever it's worth, I think it's wonderful that you were recognized for what you did. Even if you don't think it was that important, and even if you feel conflicted about the money.

<Genevriel> Thank you...

  • Genevriel will accompany Madds back to his office when his 45 minutes are up, then go do her rounds healing and feeding various homeless people.

Denise and Enver discuss their financial windfall

  • Denise is still excited and clingy
  • Enver is in a bit of shock still

<Denise> like.... gosh, really!

  • Denise says patting the pocket with the envelope in it again

<Denise> there's so much we could do with this...

<Denise> we could get a real nice house practically anywhere @_@

<Enver> yeah... @_@

<Denise> and I can put some away to look after ma'am....

<Enver> we're rich @_@

<Denise> unhuh @_@

<Denise> just.... gosh

<Denise> I could but my *parents* a better house with all that I bet @_@

  • Enver nods

<Denise> if da'd let me >.>

<Enver> even if they wanted to stay there, there's a lot of stuff you could do, like fixing things up

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> there's lotsa stuff we could do to make it better still

<Denise> put in a shower, maybe...

<Denise> fix up the stairs

<Enver> Maybe your mom could get out an' around easier with a ramp, too.

<Denise> oh, yeah, maybe :3

<Denise> I bet da has got all sorts of ideas really...

<Enver> D'you think he'll take the help? >.>

<Enver> like it ain't from Ander or them, so...

  • Denise thinks

<Denise> like, yeah

<Denise> it's from the *emeperor* so it's different, right?

<Enver> I'd think so :o

<Enver> but with your da, who knows...

<Denise> he's just real proud

  • Enver nods

<Enver> I get he doesn't wanna take help from his kids

<Denise> he don't think its right that his kids gotta take care of him I guess....

<Denise> like its only his job :p

<Denise> but liek what elese am I supposed to do with all this money @_@

<Enver> but like.. you're grown up, an' like... didn't he never help out his folks none when he was older?

<Denise> :/

<Denise> thats' like.... all kinda family history things right there :|

<Enver> oh :/

<Denise> his mam died right after I was born

<Denise> an, wel.... you ain't never met my grandda

  • Denise makes the intenational sign of the alcohlic ;p

<Enver> well I just mean, why's it okay for him to help everyone out an' not take any help himself?

<Enver> :/

<Enver> he thinks it'll mean he's like his da if he takes help?

<Denise> I don't know.... sorta, maybe?

<Denise> Like, he's just got this idea in his head about what he *ought* to do, an how things *ought* to be

  • Enver nods

<Denise> an there ain't a lot of room for workin with how things are for real >.>

<Enver> but it ain't just him it hurts :/

<Denise> I know that :p

<Denise> I thik he feels bad for lots of things that happened too, an like theb only way he can make up for it is by bein the one to try an make things better

<Denise> Its dumb

  • Enver nods

<Denise> there ain't only one right way for things to be done

<Enver> Bad for what happene to your mam?

<Denise> yeah..... an even before that, lotsa things

<Denise> like, bad that me an' Mik didn't get to go to school so much as we shoulda because we had to look after Yvie

<Denise> or bad that he had to leeok after me an mam an Hettie had to look after the other boys

  • Enver nods

<Denise> all kinds of things that weren't his fault, not really, no matter even what aunt hettie says :p

<Enver> I wonder if he'd feel any better 'bout it if he could think, well, like, he did all that work to help you grow up safe an' healthy an' all, even if it weren't perfect. An' now you're doin' so well for yourself, you can help pay it back.

<Denise> Well... maybe 'bout this. But like, otherwise no, cause I ain't so straight as he thinks is right about everything :p

<Enver> yeah... :/

<Enver> maybe 'bout this, though. Maybe this'll be different.

<Denise> yeah

  • Enver takes your hand

<Enver> I bet your mam's gonna be real proud of you anyway :)

  • Denise smiles

<Denise> prolly, yeah :3

<Denise> so, I got that account at the bank to give money for mam

<Denise> prolly that's where I should put this?

<Enver> I guess so, yeah.

<Enver> We can't really keep it under the mattress @_@

  • Denise pokes you

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> an we cant spend it without it goin' to some bank first...

  • Enver nods

<Denise> man though

<Denise> like

<Denise> I wanna go buy a bnch fo things an show up at hme with 'em.... but I wanna show 'em the note too, gosh!

<Enver> (the thank you note from the Emperor is separate from the money note, fwiw :)

<Denise> (still ;)

<Denise> maybe just the nte though...

  • Denise taps her pocket again

<Denise> an I could show the recept in the money book :3

  • Enver nods

<Denise> do you have somewhere to put yours?

  • Denise assumes you don't have a bank account >.>

<Enver> No, but I guess like I could go to a bank an' get an account? I guess?

  • Denise isn't sure that is a fair assumption though >.>
  • Denise nods

<Denise> Ander helped me get mine set u but prolly we could do one for you at the same place?

  • Enver nods

<Enver> well hey... if we did that, I could get the money out from mine, I guess, an' buy somethings to take over, an' then you could still show 'em your note :)

<Denise> :3

<Denise> it could be all stuff form both of us though

  • Enver nods, smiling

<Denise> an we can go get some things at a real nice grocery for lunch to bring over or somethin'?

<Enver> yeah!

<Enver> an' maybe like... gifts for folk? I dunno, you'd know better what they might like. Yvie likes books, I guess?

<Denise> unhuh :3

  • Denise nods and then pulls you close for another big hug
  • Enver hugs you back

<Denise> like for reals I keep thinkin' about it an I could cry @_@

<Enver> we could go an' look for houses soon too. maybe not today, but like... start lookin' anyway. Because we can get a house that'll be so nice, Denise... it'll be our house, just for us.

<Enver> well... just for us for now :)

<Denise> :3

  • Denise sniffs, and then kisses you
  • Enver kisses you back
  • Denise can take you to a bank and then shopping?

<Enver> (yes!)

<Denise> (and then to my parent?)

<Enver> (sounds good :)

Denise and Enver share their windfall with Denise's family

  • Denise wasnt sure if Patric woudl be back from work yet?

<Denise> (but its all good, Denise will just be surprised ^-^)

<Enver> (depends how long it takes you to do stuff, I guess? but if you want to get there before him, that's fine :)

<Denise> (true.... probaby it would be late afternoon at least, but the time w are done with everything)

<Enver> (yeah, I'd think so)

<Enver> (we can have your mother be home with Yvie, and then have your father show up later?)

<Denise> (sure :)

  • Denise will do her ususal knock then enter routine

<Denise> mam!

  • Denise calls out, echolocating her mother ;p

<Elsie> I'm in here!

  • Elsie is listening to the radio in the living room, and will

<Elsie> (and will call out to you from there... hit enter too early ;)

  • Denise is laden down with things
  • Yvie comes running down from her room to see you

<Denise> YVIE! :D

<Yvie> Hi Denise :)

  • Yvie goes to give you a hug, but your arms are full, so instead she stares at the stuff you're carrying

<Yvie> What's all that?

  • Denise will fins someplace to dump things temporarily then pick her up for a big hug

<Denise> Presents :D

<Yvie> ooh!

<Yvie> for me?

<Denise> some of 'em :3

  • Denise puts her sister down and will find the ones for her
  • Yvie hops around excitedly

<Denise> come help me bring them in here with mam

<Yvie> okay!

  • Enver will also help carry things into the living room
  • Denise has maybe left Enver to ut things up in the kitchen for the moment ;)

<Enver> (okay :)

<Denise> (but he can come in whenever ^-^)

  • Enver can take care of the foodstuffs then :)
  • Denise gives her mother a big but gentle hug too

<Denise> how're you doin today?

  • Elsie hugs you back

<Elsie> I'm a little sore - the weather changing so fast, I suppose. But I'm all right.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> well it oughtta keep gettin' nicer at least

  • Elsie nods

<Elsie> We had the window open earlier to air things out, that was nice.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> well

<Denise> like

<Denise> man I dno't even know where to start

<Denise> but like....

<Denise> you know how I was away an all the stuff I told you about?

<Elsie> yes...?

<Denise> well, like..... this mornin' we all had to go up to the palace acause of it @_@

<Denise> an tell folks what happened

<Elsie> The palace? :o

<Denise> an lik - I mean the Emperor was there @_@

<Elsie> oh my goodness!

<Yvie> Was it real fancy there?

  • Yvie asks curiously

<Denise> it was real fancy - the best coffee I ever had!

  • Denise can describe the fancy bits

<Elsie> You met the Emperor himself? What was he like?

<Denise> he were just ike.... real serious, like someone who ain't never had fun in his life

<Denise> just like he looks in all the pictures an stuff

  • Elsie nods, impressed

<Denise> an, like....

<Denise> he gave us stuff, for what we did @_@

<Denise> look!

  • Denise will show her mother the note, or pass it to her sister if she isn't quite up to reading it
  • Elsie looks at it, holding it carefully

<Elsie> a thank you note signed by the Emperor :o

<Elsie> We ought to get a frame for it, and put it up on the wall :)

<Denise> an like, look at th' other @_@

  • Elsie looks at the other piece of paper, and her eyes widen

<Elsie> all that money, for you? :o

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> an like - enver got one too, jst the same @_@

<Elsie> oh Denise, that's wonderful!

<Elsie> I can't even imagine so much money :o

<Denise> like, I can't even either an I got it :o

<Denise> there's so much stuff I wanna do!

<Denise> but like we got some little just-for-now things for folks

  • Denise got her mother a houserobe of some ridiculously soft fabric, some books and Very Sparkly shoes for her sister in Yvie's favourite colour

<Elsie> sweetheart, you didn't have to... :o

<Elsie> oh :o it's so lovely and soft!

<Denise> well liek what am I supposed to do with all that money @_@

<Denise> even if, like, we get a big fancy house a all that ain't even all of it!

  • Elsie nods slowly
  • Yvie_ takes the books and shoes excitedly :D

<Yvie_> These are so great, thank you Denise!

<Denise> (I assume some kind of adventure stories.... the newest mademoiselle Adelles maybe ;)

<Enver> (hee)

<Denise> an like.... I wanna do more stuff too, for you an da, if he'll let it

  • Elsie nods uncertainly

<Elsie> What sort of stuff?

<Denise> like we ain't gotta worry 'bout payin for (her aide), 'cause that's gonna be covered

<Denise> an like... I dunno

<Denise> the things da's always talkin' bout doin;', ya know?

<Denise> like fixin up the stairs, an the bathrooms an all

<Denise> them things

  • Elsie nods

<Elsie> it would make things so much easier...

<Denise> right?

<Denise> an, like.... maybe da could stay home more....

<Denise> like

<Denise> oh, I dunno

<Denise> if he has work to do *here* at ekast he;d be here, right?

  • Elsie nods

<Denise> do you thnk he would see that?

<Elsie> I hope he would.

<Denise> I mean really we could buy you like a whole *new* house but I know that ain't gonna fly >.>

<Elsie> If he doesn't, I might just have to get him to see it :p

  • Denise smiles :3

<Denise> we brought ome things for a nice dinner too :3

  • Enver comes in from the kitchen with a tray of goodies - fancy cheese and croissants and sliced beef, and some delicacies that your family don't get that often - fresh fruit, pastries, etc.

<Enver> here you go :)

<Enver> (I imagine there's more actual dinner-y stuff too, but shopping while excited, they bought a bunch of extra stuff ;)

  • Denise will list off some of the other things
  • Yvie_ takes one of the oranges and will start to peel it

<Denise> we got everythin' but ice cream :3

<Denise> .... I bet we could get you a nice icebox though, mayeb of of the electric kinds :o

  • Elsie nods, smiling
  • Denise will snack as well, and otherwise sit there holdng Enver's hand
  • Patric arrives home a little while later, while your mother and sister are still snacking and talking cheerfully with you
  • Patric comes in looking tired and eyes the little celebration warily

<Patric> What's all this?

<Denise> Da!

<Denise> I, uh.. I got great news!

<Patric> Oh?

  • Denise is also sort of wary of her 4father's reaction

<Denise> un huh, I do!

<Denise> like.... come sit down with us?

<Patric> all right...

<Denise> okay :)

  • Patric comes to sit down in his usual chair, settling in with a grunt of discomfort

<Denise> so...

  • Denise will repeat what she told hermoher about the morning meeting

<Denise> an - look!

  • Denise passes him the notes as well
  • Patric listens, frowning slightly as he looks at the notes

<Patric> The Emperor just decided to give you all this money?

<Denise> well it ai't like we didn't do nothin' for it

<Denise> prolly he just has so much money it ian't anything to him

<Patric> No, I suppose, but... it seems like an awful lot.

<Denise> I know, right? @_@

<Denise> an like, it weren't just me, neither, everyone got the same :o

<Patric> You're sure it's good? It's not real cash, just this note...

<Denise> un huh!

<Denise> we took Enver's to a bank an all :3

<Denise> An I'm gonna put that in the account for mam's things

  • Denise says a touch defiantly

<Patric> well.

<Denise> an like.... we're gonna use part of it for buyin' a house

  • Patric nods

<Patric> that's good - so long as you don't use it on foolishness.

<Denise> but like.... I want you to have some to, for doin' things here what you're always talkin' about

<Denise> an *that* ain't foolishness

<Patric> ...

  • Patric is caught in a bind :p

<Denise> . o O (ha!)

<Patric> like for fixing the stairs?

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> an th bathrooms an stuff

<Denise> an like..... maybe you can work on them things instead of workin all the extra shifts and stuff >.>

  • Patric frowns like he would really like to object, but can't think of any reasonable arguments against you >.>

<Patric> Well.. that'd be ... real thoughtful of you.

<Denise> :3

<Denise> well.... I now you wanna ake better care of mam an Yvie is all, an I just wanna help

<Denise> an like even if I bought all the foolish things I an even think of I bet we'd still have money @_@

<Denise> like.... even to maybe send Yvie to the Castalia if she wanted

<Patric> You oughta take care of yourself too, though. You an' your fella, you're just startin' out... you could do a lot with that.

  • Denise says i a sroke of inspratin

<Denise> well yeah!

<Patric> might be you'll need that money for your own kids.

<Denise> well, it ain't lie we're gonna stop... workin, or anythin, so we got lootsa time to worry bout that later >.>

<Patric> hmp.

<Denise> well, anyay.... we bought some things for dinner, an stuff

<Patric> ...thank you

  • Patric says, trying not to sound too grudging and maybe partly succeeding

<Denise> yer welcome

  • Denise says, mostly managing the sme >.>

<Denise> so like.... lets eat then :3

<Denise> oh wait no

<Denise> I got you a foolish things :p

<Denise> I almost forgot!

<Patric> what?

  • Denise will pass a shiny new toolbox to her dad
  • Patric takes it, looking surprised
  • Patric opens it up

<Patric> well... that ain't foolish, these are good an' solid.

<Denise> (just nice tools... good quality basics plus a few things she wold know he uses a lot :)

  • Patric says, looking them over

<Denise> well I'm glad you like 'em

  • Denise will totally get her thank you note framed though if her mother thinks she should