Diablotin 3 session 37

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 37 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: June 26, 2016
Diablotin date: End Fourth-month

Prologue

Lamis gives the visiting fey some parting words and a gift

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you all manage to get some rest, somehow.

  • TinyZola sleeps on Eletheni

<DiablotinNarrator> (whether in Lamis' quarters, which he had offered you, or elsewhere, as you prefer)

<DiablotinNarrator> He does, in fact, have a very big bed.

<DiablotinNarrator> as someone predicted.

  • Clovani passes out on a coat rack somehow.

<DiablotinNarrator> someone thought he was a hat and hung him up

  • TinyZola certainly goes moonjumping on the nation-sized bed at SOME point
  • Vreel comes down for breakfast looking quite content and satisfied.
  • Lamis wishes to speak with you again before you depart
  • Silver will be a white leopard this morning and join the meeting
  • Drenio the Dodo waddles around the kitchen looking for breakfast scraps.
  • Vreel has a pastry and some sort of caffeinated beverage while Lamis talks.
  • Clovani will stumble into the meeting bleary and half awake.
  • Eletheni slithers down carefully.
  • Thea will make sure Drenio is fed
  • TinyZola is saved from stumbling by Eletheni's broad shoulders
  • Lamis looks rather the worse for wear, but will arrive to speak with you

<TinyZola> zzzzzzz

<Lamis> I wanted to thank you again for your aid.

<Danys> you're welcome, my lord...

<Silver> You are a graceous host. It is the least we can do.

  • TinyZola props herself upright

<Lamis> Roseide continues to question the skinstealer, but so far I'm afraid we have learned little. We did, however, uncover his stash of Blight stones, and have destroyed them.

<TinyZola> zzzappppp

<Thea> That's good to hear.

<Danys> yes, very

<Lamis> I can safely say he was not working alone.

<TinyZola> Is there another skinstealer? D:

<Lamis> I don't think so, at least not here.

<Lamis> Possibly they have infiltrated other realms.

<Danys> welll.... yes, that does seem to fit :|

<Lamis> They operate by persuading or tricking others into planting the stones for them.

<Danys> ...do we know why?

<Danys> why they cna't do it themselves?

<Lathra> Do they like, have to?

<Lathra> I mean, he already sorta knew the way, I'm not sure why he wanted me there unless it's 'cause I look pretty.

<Lathra> Or uh I guess unless he wanted to change his disguise afterwards. But he already *had* spare togs, right?

<TinyZola> Then he could have just locked you in a cabinet or something

<Lamis> Possibly as a means of avoiding detection - if the target is caught or questioned, then the skinstealer still has time to escape.

<Lamis> But there could be some other reason for it that we don't yet understand.

<Silver> for all we know, that could be just the way this agent operated.

  • Lamis nods

<Eletheni> Do we have any knowledge of how the stones are made, or if they are not manufactured, where they come from?

<Vreel> Maybe they're eggs. Some disgusting female monstrosity lays them.

<Vreel> Like a queen bee or ant.

<Vreel> Only, not. Because queen bees and ants are not disgusting monstrosities.

<Danys> eww

<Lamis> I am still in consultation with our seer to try and determine more about this, but it seems likely they aren't manufactured, but created through some natural process. Perhaps not quite like eggs, but not so far from that.

<Clovani> <w> Ugh... s'too early for monster eggs...

<TinyZola> .oO( I bet they're pretty gross. )

  • Danys makes a face

<TinyZola> Drops of goo falling through the cracks

<TinyZola> plip plop

<Silver> All this means is that we should be looking for a similar infiltrator in Icebriar.

<Lamis> It's possible.

  • Lamis agrees

<Lathra> <to Clovani> Do they usually ripen later in the season?

<TinyZola> Maybe we can train the dodo to sniff them out

<TinyZola> Do they smell?

<Clovani> -_-

<Drenio the Dodo> Squaaaaaak

<Lamis> As thanks for your aid, please accept this gift, to assist you in your travels.

<Clovani> He says he aint got no beak fer that.

  • Lamis offers you a pole with a plain-looking banner on it.

<TinyZola> Oooh presents <3

<Danys> err, thank you....

<DiablotinNarrator> http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/banner-of-restful-nights

  • Danys seems, looking at it in puzzlement

<TinyZola> Maybe it lets us get through the mandragora

  • Lamis explains its function

<TinyZola> Fancy :3

  • TinyZola hops into the air and flutters over to it, lifting the corner opposite to the pole

<Vreel> Cool, but now there will likely be an autocratic decision on what insignia should be on the banner.  :P

<TinyZola> Meeeeee

  • TinyZola gives herself a big spin and wraps herself in it

<Silver> I'm sure that image will inspire fear in our enemies

  • Danys gives Vreel an odd look

<Danys> I don't think it needs one

  • TinyZola cackles like during the fire-dragon, albeit muffled

<Eletheni> You have our deep gratitude, Lord Lamis.

<Silver> Could your Seer send to ours if you learn anything else of value from the continued questioning of the skin-stealer?

<Lamis> Yes, that should be possible.

<Silver> Thank you

<Lamis> I wish you good fortune in your travels to come.

  • Ylva clears her throat

<TinyZola> You too :3

  • TinyZola wrigles free of the cloth and returns to Eletheni's shoulder

<Ylva> ... I'm going with them too. I want to go home.

<Vreel> ...

  • Vreel hopes Lamis isn't going to be a giant jealous arse about that.
  • Danys winceds a little because she'd hoped Ylva was gong to et a chance to talk to him first

<Lamis> Why, my love?

<Ylva> I'm homesick. I'm not happy here. I just need some time to think about things.

<TinyZola> Awww ;_;

  • Lamis moves over to take her hand.

<Lamis> Take whatever time you need, and return if you wish. You are always welcome in the Hollow Hall, for as long as I am its lord.

  • TinyZola awwws again in Eletheni's ear ;_;
  • Ylva gives him a hug.
  • Vreel is grateful for Lamis being a reasonable adult being, after all.

<DiablotinNarrator> You make your preparations to leave - did anyone have anything further they needed to do before you depart?

<Clovani> (Other than getting some tea in me, nope)

  • Vreel already said good-bye to Berchan, so no.
  • TinyZola will give Lamis a big tiny hug before she goes

<Danys> (I think I'm okay :)

<Silver> (im good too)

  • Thea will check in with the seer again before we go, but other than that is ready.

<DiablotinNarrator> Lunassa will bid you farewell, Thea, and hope to speak with you again.

They set out to Eranthis' lands

<DiablotinNarrator> You set off towards Eranthis' lands, with Ylva to help guide you. Perhaps you are sheltered by Lamis' gift, as well, for you encounter no further trouble in passing through his forest.

  • TinyZola shivers, cuddles up to B.

<Vreel> Do you all have winter clothes?

  • Clovani wraps himself in his beard.
  • Vreel pulls hers out of her haversack and dons them.

<Clovani> Ayup.

<Danys> if not, I have a spell that can help

<Thea> I have magic. It will suffice.

  • Silver is a snow leopard
  • TinyZola sadface at Danys ;_;
  • Danys can save you an endure elements for when we get into real cold ;p

<TinyZola> at least naptime will be OK

  • Anny_ will cuddle up to Hettie as needed

<Silver> (Aux just has Cold Resistance)

<Vreel> I have a spare hat and gloves for a small person.

  • Vreel offers.

<Vreel> No extra coat, though. Sorry.

<DiablotinNarrator> By the time you are ready to make camp for the night, the trees are covered with a thin dusting of snow and the air is growing chilly.

  • TinyZola might fly over for cloves at some point, but for now just buries them in catfur

<DiablotinNarrator> You set up your usual watches, and can rest for the night.

  • Clovani will make dinner and tea for folks, then sit by the fire with his pipe for a while.
  • Danys is just indifferent to the cold
  • Hettienne doesn't seem bothered
  • Hettienne can keep Anny warm :3

<DiablotinNarrator> :3

  • Danys can EE Zola, and if anyone else needs it lemme know so I can plan spells accourdingly

<DiablotinNarrator> well at least while you're camped, you don't need it

<Danys> (Endure Elements)

<DiablotinNarrator> thanks to the Flag of the Nation of Tiny Zola :)

<TinyZola> (Might be worth casting before re-charge)

<TinyZola> (Since it lasts 24h)

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah. casting it in the evening works.

  • TinyZola rides Drenio around the fire, fleeing from B. :3
  • Ylva has a set of adorable and form-fitting furs ;)

<Drenio the Dodo> Squaaaaaaak!

  • Silver fur is form fitting as well :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Your night passes uneventfully, and you can set off again in the morning, passing out of the forest and through a range of hills.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you reach the top of one of them, you can see that ahead of you stretches an icy landscape, dotted here and there with trees and ruins. Far in the distance there are mountains, and amid them you can glimpse a tall spire of ice - presumably your goal.

  • Vreel looks for tracks in the snow as they travel, in order to get a sense of what types of creatures might be around. Also just to pass the time.

<Clovani> Oh aye. Thass not ominous at all.

<Vreel> It's pretty in its stark, icily glittering way.

<Vreel> So, Danys, have you given some thought to what you're going to say to him?

<TinyZola> Our last host had murderous babyroots outside his house and that went pretty good.

<Danys> uh...

<Danys> me?

<Danys> it isn't really just up to me o_O

<Vreel> The most diplmatic person should be the one who does the talking.

<Danys> o_O

<Vreel> That definitely ISN'T me.

<Danys> I don't really know that it's me either :o

<Hettienne> It probably is

<Clovani> Obviously that's me.

<Hettienne> No

<Silver> I'm sure the answer will reveal itself just when we need it. Lets keep going.

<Clovani> -_-

<Hettienne> Danys or Silver.

<Eletheni> I am happy to speak as needed.

<Hettienne> Eletheni, sure.

<TinyZola> I will sing backup :3

<Drenio the Dodo> Squaaak

<Hettienne> . o O (way less annoying than Hugo)

<Clovani> No, not you, birdbrain.

<Vreel> Do any of you potential spokespeople know what you're going to say?

<Vreel> There was that thing about love.

<Danys> yes well

<Danys> I'm not really sure how that's going to help us

<Vreel> Maybe as we walk together, we can try to puzzle out that riddle and help you figure it out.

<Vreel> It's still a ways to the spire, after all.

<Danys> well we know what it's about

<Eletheni> I rather admit that I have no clear vision as to what he wants, or how to address him.

<Danys> but again, I'm not sure how it will help us

<TinyZola> We didn't have a plan at Lamis' either.

<Vreel> How did that prophecy or whatever go, again?

  • TinyZola shrugs

<Danys> well, so, what we learned is that there was a princess from the Second World

<Silver> 'A heart as cold as ice can still be moved by love'

<Danys> who asked him for help to get out of her marriage

<Danys> and he agreed because he was in love with him

<Danys> and then, for some reason, she tried to break out of that

<Danys> and he was displeased and trapped her in a prison of ice

  • Danys looks to Ylva for confirmation

<Danys> did i get that right?

<Vreel> Lamis and Eranthis are two entirely different cookies to crumble, Zola.

<Ylva> I think so?

<Danys> so I'm not sure how a 'heart of ice can still be moved by love' can help

<Danys> unless maybe it's her we need help from, somehow, rather than him >.>

<Hettienne> Find him a new girlfriend? :p

<TinyZola> You don't know that, maybe he's a sweetie.

<Silver> So who's gonna take one for the team?

<Clovani> Vreel?

<Danys> 'sweeties' dont; generally trap people forever in tombs of ice

<Vreel> (Can we roll INT or WIS or something to try to figure out if there's some sort of strategy we can use to approach Eranthis, Julia?)

<Eletheni> This is all very well ... but what specifically are we asking of him, and how?

<Hettienne> To help Amanita against the Blight?

<Danys> yes

<Vreel> Yes, that.

<Danys> we have her token as well

<Silver> Like the Norn said

<Danys> we might just need to wait and see what happens when we get there

<DiablotinNarrator> (no? because none of you have ever met him, or seen his court, or have any idea what you're going into)

<Danys> I don't think we know quite enough just yet

<Vreel> (Fair.)

<Vreel> (I mostly meant if there was something in the prophecy that we can figure out, but without knowing him, perhaps not. :P)

<Silver> As I said, the answer will show itself when most appropriate... that's how these things always work.

<Hettienne> Yep.

<Eletheni> When we get there, we should make every effort to try to discern what he wants. His aid will not come without a cost.

<Vreel> Well, okay. You cling to that.

  • Hettienne rolls her eyes
  • Hettienne has increased to her regular size since leaving, just for the record

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<Clovani> I'm with Silver there. You folk worry too much. We'll play it by ear.

<Thea> It's been a winning strategy so far. :)

<DiablotinNarrator> You travel through the wintery land, going a bit more slowly now as the weather keeps you from traveling as swiftly as you might like.

<DiablotinNarrator> Grey clouds cover the sky and there is little warmth.

  • Hettienne stomps along merrily through the snow.

<DiablotinNarrator> Sometimes in the distance you hear wolves howling, or the high screech of something flying above the clouds - a bird, perhaps, or something larger.

  • Danys doesnt seem anymore bothered by snow than by the cold, traipsing along like a LotR elf ;)
  • TinyZola wonders sometimes if the icy ground hurts Eletheni's snakeytail
  • Vreel struggles at times through the deeper snow.
  • Clovani will cast fly if the snowdrifts get above Drenio's head. Otherwise he can just deal with it.
  • TinyZola wonders how long it would take to knit a giant sock for her

<DiablotinNarrator> There are ruins that you occasionally pass by - hints that once it might have been something other than a barren wasteland.

<TinyZola> Maybe we should check for treasures :3

<Silver> sure on the way back

<Hettienne> Meh. Not like we can take them back with us after.

<Vreel> Back to the mortal plane, you mean?

<TinyZola> Why not?

<Hettienne> Yeah.

  • Danys will offer to Anny to keep Ander with Mik so they can be warm ^-^

<Hettienne> Well I didn't bring my purse from there, did I?

<Hettienne> . o O (though I guess I did bring something else >.> )

<Vreel> I guess it depends on how you go back. I mean, it's not like there hasn't been travel between our planes before.

<Vreel> Hey, when you go back, if you go back through an irminsul, maybe you'll get to stay a norn.

<TinyZola> ... no but we left pretty hectic.

<Hettienne> Hah, I could get used to that :3

<Clovani> I still say you folk are crazy

<TinyZola> Who?

<Eletheni> I

<TinyZola> Also maybe you do have your purse, but it's so tiny you can't find it.

<TinyZola> Did you check your butt :3

<Eletheni> Some of us do not wish to go to your world.

<Vreel> Yeah, me for one.

<Clovani> Likewise. Nothing left there fer me.

<TinyZola> Oh we'll work that out later

<Danys> but do you want Hugo to go back, Eletheni?

  • Danys is honestly curious

<Eletheni> I don't know that he isn't still there.

<Eletheni> For all you know, you might all still be there.

<Hettienne> I ain't nowhere but here.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you converse, you are approaching a ruined tower, its precarious stone blocks covered with icicles. As you pass it by, a rock flies out from it and whizzes by Eletheni, narrowly missing her.

<TinyZola> Oooh @_@

<Vreel> Never been anywhere but here, so, uh, no.

<Danys> I don't know. I do't things are - oh!

<Eletheni> ...

<Clovani> Oy!

<Drenio the Dodo> Squaaaak!

<Hettienne> Shit.

<TinyZola> Maybe we're the echoes :o

<Eletheni> (can I see where it came from? a window?)

  • Danys looks up to see if that was an accident or not

<Silver> Could it be... frost giants?

<Danys> yes

<Vreel> Cockleshells!

<DiablotinNarrator> The tower has no top, and several gaps in its walls - it looks like it came out from over the wall.

<Ylva> probably!

<DiablotinNarrator> (roll20 times :)

<TinyZola> I'm not sure what frost giants have to do with anything

The party fights two frost giants and a remorhaz, but ends up charming the remorhz and one frost giant, bringing the combat to a close.

The party is enlarged by three

<DiablotinNarrator> You have charmed a lady giant and a remorhaz, and the lady giant will tell the male giant to stop attacking her friends ;p

<TinyZola> yay!

  • TinyZola flies into the euphoric cloud @_@
  • TinyZola rolls [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 17 ]

<TinyZola> so pretty @_@

<Danys> what were youi even attacking us *for* :o

  • Danys will ask in Giant

<Lady_Giant> We thought you were sent by Isvor to kill us.

<Danys> who?

<Lady_Giant> the jarl, Isvor.

  • Danys looks at Ylva

<Vreel> Why would your leader want to kill you?

<Danys> well we weren't.

<Ylva> the leader of the frost giants

  • Ylva says to Danys
  • TinyZola paws at things in the mist (@)_(@)

<Lady_Giant> Because Alfgar challenged him for control of the tribe. We don't like how things are going, with the strangers.

<Vreel> Strangers?

  • Vreel assumes Alfgar is the injured male.
  • Lady_Giant nods

<Vreel> Mushroomy strangers, by any chance?

<Lady_Giant> Strangers from the Second World, asking questions, meddling in things that don't concern them.

<Hettienne> Uhhh... like who?

<Hettienne> >.>

  • Lady_Giant sort of shrugs
  • TinyZola flutters to the ground when the cloud dissipates and lies down

<Danys> hmm...

<Lady_Giant> I don't know their names.

<Vreel> What do they look like?

<Thea> Do you know anything about them other than their origins?

<Lady_Giant> Humans with cold iron swords and loud weapons.

  • Danys frowns

<Danys> where are they?

<Lady_Giant> They talked to the jarl, very rude, and he sent one of the tribe's worm friends with them when they left.

  • Lady_Giant gestures to the remorhaz

<Lady_Giant> we need all our worm friends >:(

<Vreel> Do you know where they were headed, when they left?

<Thea> He sent one of your worms with them despite their rudeness?

  • Lady_Giant nods

<Danys> I wonder why >.>

<Lady_Giant> They asked about the Frost Lord's tower. I think they went that way.

<Thea> That can't be good.

<Vreel> Speaking of the Frost Lord, any news about his mood, these days?

<Vreel> We're supposed to try talking to him. That's why I ask.

<Lady_Giant> Meh, he keeps to himself, doesn't like any strangers. He will probably kill the strangers - but our worm friend does not deserve to die for their foolishness.

<Eletheni> How long have the humans been in this area?

<Vreel> Well, maybe we can stop your womr friend from being killed while we're at it. Why not? Seems my companions are fated to be big damn heroes.

  • TinyZola sits up, after being nudged a bit by B.

<Lady_Giant> Here? a few moons.

  • Lady_Giant says vaguely.

<TinyZola> How long have we been here?

<Lady_Giant> you don't know?

<Vreel> Four very long days.

<TinyZola> I'm not very good at keeping track.

<TinyZola> Is that all?

<Vreel> Like I said, they've been very long. You're on your fifth day now.

<TinyZola> They must be here from before we knew Frosty Pants might help us

<Danys> Amannita migt not know about them at all

<Eletheni> Others from your city?

  • Eletheni says to no one in particular

<Danys> I guess we;ll see...

  • Remorhaz worms around melting things

<TinyZola> Yes, well, when the Cold Rider came he didn't really set a good tone.

<Lady_Giant> Come, you stay, have food :)

<TinyZola> What kind of things do you eat? :3

<Thea> Whatever it is, there's sure to be plenty for you. :)

<Vreel> ...

<Lady_Giant> we have elk, bear, root cakes...

<TinyZola> Ooh what's a root cake?

<Danys> that all sounds lovely

<Lady_Giant> you take roots, mush them up, put on hot stones from worm friend to cook

<Hettienne> Sounds great

  • TinyZola rides over near Hettie with B.
  • Lady_Giant can offer you food, despite the glowering of her injured mate.
  • TinyZola tries a root cake >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> it's about as good as it sounds. maybe like a bland potato pancake.

  • TinyZola shrugs, maybe gets some meat for B.

<DiablotinNarrator> they do have plenty of meats

<Danys> (are we moving on in he morning?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (it's up to you if you want to get them to come with you, or leave them here, or do something else I guess)

  • Danys will ask our seerfolk (Hettie, Thea, and Veren) if it is worth trying to divine more about these seecondworlders

<TinyZola> Well they could take the Friend Worm back once we meet up with the people the Emperor sent and we let them know they don't need to do their thing

<Danys> (while we have some downtime)

<Hettienne> (it sure is)

<Hettienne> (I'll do one for Who are they and one for What do they want)

<Hettienne> (low good)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Hettienne> !roll 1d100

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 71 ].

<Hettienne> (pass)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d100

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 55 ].

<Hettienne> (also pass :)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, talk amongst yourselves for a sec while I consider my answers :)

  • Vreel eats a very little bit and then goes for a walk, trying to find someplace to sleep where the giants can't turn on her and eat her as a snack sometime overnight.

<Danys> Zola, what do you mean they're from the emperor?

  • Hettienne is happy to have some Hettie-sized portions of food

<TinyZola> Well they're probably from the Emperor?

<TinyZola> To figure out why Frosty Pants is freezing the city.

<TinyZola> Make him stop, too, probably.

<Danys> ...

<TinyZola> Though Linthira says that's to stop the blight more than anything...

<Danys> do you think that could possibly go well?

  • Hettienne divines after she dines :v

<TinyZola> No, I think they've had very bad plans so far. It's like they didn't even try to talk to Linthira and it's HER TREE.

<Danys> :|

<TinyZola> Instead they maybe are talking with the people who broke the first tree... Hellooooo?

<Danys> that's not very encouraging

<Hettienne> (someone let me know when I can come back to the convo @_@)

<TinyZola> (Well we could still be eating:V)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think she wants to give her answers though ;)

<Hettienne> (yeah)

<TinyZola> (Ohhhh)

<TinyZola> (Whenev :V)

<DiablotinNarrator> (so we can assume you guys chat while Hettie goes off to do her thing)

<Danys> (eah)

<Danys> (+y)

  • TinyZola is munching on a berry she carried from Lamis'

<DiablotinNarrator> (and then Hettie can come back whenever :)

  • Vreel comes back from her brief scouting trip to find a safe spot to sleep.
  • Lady_Giant 's name is Morda, btw, since you're spending so much time with her ;)
  • Danys is sitting with Zola by the giant;'s fire, waiting for Hettie :3
  • Hettienne comes back with a strange look.

<Danys> what is it?

<Hettienne> I uh, them humans.

<Hettienne> I think they've been here a long ass time

<TinyZola> Like from when the Cold Rider came?

<Hettienne> It's a fallen king and those loyal to him.

<Hettienne> And they've come to free his queen.

<TinyZola> ...huh?

<Hettienne> imma just let that sink in a tick.

<Danys> oh!

<Veren> fallen king?

<Danys> the one Eranthis has frozen?

<Danys> goodness :o

<Hettienne> That's my guess.

<Veren> but wait, she said they have... loud weapons >.>

<Veren> so they can't have been here hundreds of years.

<TinyZola> Maybe Eranthis' heart will be moved by the fallen King's love :3

<TinyZola> Oh huh

<Hettienne> I dunno who else it could be.

<TinyZola> What are loud weapons like, Morda?

  • TinyZola makes a gun shape with her hand

<TinyZola> POW POW?

  • Morda nods, and makes a gesture with her hands like she's holding a rifle

<TinyZola> They're called guns :3

<Hettienne> COUld be... real old guns?

<Hettienne> Like you know them ones what only used to shoot one time.

  • Veren nods, considering that

<Veren> I guess it could be...

<Eletheni> You're saying there are humans who have been here for longer than a human lifetime? Doing what, all that time?

<Danys> no.... time works differently here than in the second world

  • Danys says, knowing that much

<Danys> but it coudl still be another kind, maybe?

<TinyZola> Maybe they fell in a time hole

<Danys> Like, she wasn't interested in *her* king

<Danys> the lady I mean

<Danys> maybe some other king came looking for her?

<Hettienne> That don't mean *he* wasn't

<Danys> well, true

<Danys> I don't know anything about kings from the second world :p

<Danys> maybe they have magic that keeps them going :p

  • TinyZola titters

<TinyZola> We don't really have any kings anymore

<TinyZola> Just an Emperor, and he's not immortal.

  • Danys shrugs

<Danys> I guess we'll see

<DiablotinNarrator> You can continue to ponder the issue as you camp for the night - do you plan to take the giants and the remorhaz with you in the morning, or leave them behind?

<Danys> but that outta play into the riddle

<Danys> (is it likely to cause problems wit eranthis if we show up with them?)

  • TinyZola suggests we take them in case we need them to talk to the Friend Worm

<DiablotinNarrator> (well he doesn't sound like he's likely to welcome you with open arms either way...)

<Thea> If nothing else, their likely to know the terrain better.

<Thea> They're, rather

<Danys> (Okay, bring'em :)

  • Hettienne shrugs assent.
  • Danys *could* heal the boy one >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Alfgar could use some healing, but they are willing to go along with you, and bring their worm pet

  • Danys will do the healing then
  • Vreel sleeps in a quinzee under a bush so, once the charm wears off and the giants remember they're evil, they won't eat her.
  • TinyZola will look to see if that creeps out Ylva
  • Ylva is a little nervous around them but not too freaked out

<DiablotinNarrator> All right - with the giants in tow, you can make faster progress at least, as they know the terrain better and can assist you with getting around

<DiablotinNarrator> The remorhaz will burrow most of the way, emerging occasionally to check how things are going, and then tunnelling back under the snow

<DiablotinNarrator> By the evening, you're close enough to Icebriar that you've reached the forest that grows around its base, a tangle of frozen thorns and branches.

  • Morda and Alfgar can clear a path if you want them to, though
  • TinyZola claps

<Danys> (yay!)

  • Danys is not impeeded though
  • Vreel can probably run along thorn branches.

<DiablotinNarrator> At the edge of the forest, as you look around, you can see something flying above you - an unnaturally large raven, its wingspan probably 8 feet or so

<DiablotinNarrator> It seems like it's watching you for a little while, and then withdraws to the tower.

<TinyZola> (Is that an Eranthis thing? K-nature? history?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can make a k:nature check)

  • Danys waves at it

<Danys> !r 1d20+10

<Danys> !roll 1d20+10

  • TinyZola rolls for Danys: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Vreel> !roll 1d20+23

  • TinyZola rolls for Vreel: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 33 ].
  • TinyZola rolls [ 1d20 ] getting [ 19 ]

<TinyZola> (34)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+11

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 14 ].

<Eletheni> !roll 1d20+12

  • TinyZola rolls for Eletheni: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 26 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Danys and Hettie, you don't know. Eletheni, Vreel, and Zola, you don't think it's Eranthis - but you can remember something about a Raven Knight who is part of his entourage.

  • TinyZola caws :V

<Danys> I coudl fly up and try to talkto it, if we think its a raven....

<DiablotinNarrator> (it already left, back to the tower)

<Vreel> It's probably not.

<Vreel> I think it's his vilderavn retainer.

<DiablotinNarrator> You're able to fly or smash your way through the icy forest, to reach the base of the huge spire that towers above you. The entrance awaits... next time.

<DiablotinNarrator> (but if people want to talk while camping the night before, or while travelling, that's fine for solos :)

<TinyZola> cawwwww