Diablotin 3 session 36

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 36 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: June 5, 2016
Diablotin date: End Fourth-month

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, so when we left off, Silver and Aux were off in Mayliss's room, Thea was talking to Lunassa, Danys and Veren had been talking in the main hall, and Vreel was off with Berchan. I'm not sure where other people are currently, so if you can give me some idea of what you think your character is doing, that would be handy.

<Hettienne> I went to talk to Lamis, not sure where that fit in

<DiablotinNarrator> oh right - and then you were talking to Anny

<DiablotinNarrator> and then Danys?

<Hettienne> yes

<Eletheni> I don't have a good idea of where I can fit / go

  • TinyZola is probably in a common area having fun?

<DiablotinNarrator> you can fit in the main hall and in the downstairs area - probably just not fitting well in private rooms, unless they're especially big ones

<Hettienne> and I did that augury

<Eletheni> ok

<DiablotinNarrator> right - can you remind me what you asked exactly?

<Eletheni> I am probably hanging out in the main hall, then, presumably having to deflect unwanted attention

<Hettienne> I don't remember exactly but it was something to the effect of 'how can we find out who the skinchanger is'

<TinyZola> At least your boobs are up high

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Hettienne> does E have a tail rattle

<Eletheni> Probably right at satyr head height

<Eletheni> no rattle

<Hettienne> aw

Hettie's divination

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, we'll start with Hettie, since you had that divination to do (it was a divination, right, not an augury?)

<Hettienne> yeah, divination... I rolle d a 13 or something

<DiablotinNarrator> *nod*

<TinyZola> "Talk to the tiny jazz singer"

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+11

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 22 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (sorry, dealing things for Hettie in PM :)

  • Hettienne will go find some of the others who seem to have more knowledge of this place than she does.

<DiablotinNarrator> You could find Eletheni and Danys and Zola and Veren still in the main room, I gather? Plus Anny is with you.

<Hettienne> (k)

<Hettienne> C'mon Anny... we gotta figure this out. I got an idea but I don't know what it means.\

<Anny> Okay!

  • Hettienne heads over to those dudes

<Hettienne> Hey.

<Hettienne> Do you know if there are any kind of fey folks here who change colour?

<Hettienne> The one who changes skin changes colour.

  • TinyZola lounges on Eletheni's tail

<Eletheni> (can I try knowledge: nature?)

  • Danys thinks

<Danys> (same)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yup, anyone who has it can roll)

<Eletheni> !roll 1d20+12

  • TinyZola rolls for Eletheni: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 19 ].
  • TinyZola rolls [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 31 ]

<Danys> !roll 1d20+11

  • TinyZola rolls for Danys: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 22 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> well, a good roll for Zola :)

<TinyZola> Maybe he's an octopus :3

  • TinyZola waves her arms around like tentacles

<Hettienne> A what?

  • Eletheni laughs.

<TinyZola> An octopus?

<Danys> dryads change colour with the seasons...

  • TinyZola waves her arms AND legs around like tentacles to help Hettie understand
  • Danys suggests

<Hettienne> Yeah...

<Hettienne> We gotta talk to Lamis

<Eletheni> I'd wave my tail around to demonstrate but I fear I would damage something, or someone.

<Hettienne> 'Cause *we* certainly can't just go round up all the dryads an' tree spirits an' such.

<TinyZola> Hmmmmmm

<Danys> (are there any more prominent dryads?)

<TinyZola> Conjugation trouuubblbllles

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes but you might want to wait until Zola finishes her musings ;)

<Danys> (okay)

<TinyZola> That bunny fellow, his poison changes YOUR colour

<Eletheni> Jayet?

  • Eletheni probably says a little too loudly.

<TinyZola> It's from their skin

<Danys> the steward?

<Hettienne> Ahhh shit.

<TinyZola> Lemkinlemkin

<Hettienne> That ain't gonna go down well

<Hettienne> ANyone know how to out a skinchanger?

<TinyZola> They're like teenage boys

<Anny> Grab it an' shake it 'til it falls out?

<TinyZola> Crackly voice

<TinyZola> That's why I suggested a song contest

<Hettienne> (was he there when I told Lamis about the skinchanger?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no, you were talking to Lamis alone)

<Eletheni> We ought to be cautious here. We do not know this place or its allegiances.

<Hettienne> (good)

<Hettienne> Yeah. And Lamis might have told Jayet we're looking for a skinchanger.

<Danys> hmmm

  • TinyZola slides off Eletheni's tail head-first as a result of her octopus charade and lands on the ground

<TinyZola> oof

<Danys> probably, yes.... also, he would have known not to give out Ilarion's room

  • Danys loks at Zola

<Danys> \you said that they have troubles wth the voices, right?

<Veren> Or if the skinstealer was using that room as a hiding place, and Jayet went to investigate whether it was empty, he could have fallen prey to it...

<Danys> maybe we can get luck, and Jayet is known for his beautiful singing or something >.>

<TinyZola> o¯o Yeah

  • Danys nods to Veren

<Veren> I think finding Lamis would be a good idea, indeed.

  • Veren nods to Hettie
  • Danys looks around to see if he is in evidence

<Veren> Because if his steward is compromised, then he needs to know that, and also I assume Jayet could get access to any part of this place he wanted.

<DiablotinNarrator> Danys, he is not in the main room at the moment, although Ylva is still around.

<TinyZola> Maybe we could trick him back to that satyr's room?

<Hettienne> (I don't rememer if he said where he was going afterwe talked...)

<Hettienne> He said he was gonna go talk to his staff... shit

<Danys> I'll go se if Ylva knows where we coudl find him

  • Danys will hurry back over towards the nymph

<DiablotinNarrator> (he was going to talk to his staff, you believe)

<Hettienne> Maybe we should split up to look. Unless she knows where he is.

  • TinyZola takes flight

<Ylva> oh, hello again :)

<Danys> Hi...

<Danys> I'm sorry to bother you, but we really need to talk to Lamis - it's very important

<TinyZola> ...but what if it IS a dryad? :3

<Danys> Do you know where he might be?

<Ylva> He went off to talk with your friend, the norn, and he hasn't come back. He might be in his rooms, I'm not sure? I could help you look if you need to find

him.

<Danys> please - I now he was gogn to talk to his staff, but he could.... well he can probably take care of himself, but other people miht be in danger

<Ylva> oh, if he was going to talk to them, he might be in his council room then.

  • Danys nods

<Ylva> Do you want me to show you there?

<Danys> thank you, please

  • Danys beckons the others over
  • Hettienne hurries over.
  • TinyZola flits over and lands on Danys :3
  • Eletheni will go over, keeping an eye on any gropey satyrs nearby

Lathra is led away from the crowd by Jayet

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, you're wandering around, taking in the sights, seeing what you can see, when Jayet approaches you.

<Jayet> Pardon me, my lady, but could I have a word?

<Lathra> You need mine? With your job I thought you'd have tons!

  • Jayet smiles at that

<Jayet> Certainly, but yours are much more interesting.

<Lathra> Hm. You can have "sorry" - I don't need it very often.

<Jayet> I'm sure I'll get a great deal of use out of it.

<Lathra> Maybe we can trade. Do you have any duplicates?

<Lathra> I've got a couple of legendaries but they tend to get banned at parties

<Jayet> I could offer you insight.

<Lathra> Aw, I'm super insightful. I insaw a rock at the bottom of a lake that nobody else did. Do you like rocks?

  • Jayet puts a hand on your arm to lead you away somewhere. As he does so, you see his fur/skin change from a light brown to pale blue. He also sees this and looks

mildly alarmed.

<Lathra> Are you alright? You should get that checked.

<Lathra> (sm?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can roll)

<Jayet> Someone playing a prank, I expect.

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+12

  • TinyZola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 14 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (makes perfect sense!)

<Lathra> Oo! Who plays pranks like that one?

  • Jayet shrugs

<Jayet> There are so many possible candidates... but please, if you come with me, I do have some important information for you.

<Lathra> Ooo is it an important mission? Should I get my friends? Hettie likes missions.

<Jayet> It's secret information.

<Lathra> Oo I like secrets. My friends like rocks. Do you like rocks?

<Jayet> Rocks?

<Lathra> Sure! Shiny ones sometimes, comfy ones. You know rocks? Or maybe you call them stones?

  • Lathra follows a bit, watching where we're going and looking for people to prank.
  • Jayet hops along with you to a secluded room

Thea's visit with Lunassa is cut short

<DiablotinNarrator> Thea, your conversation with Lunassa is interrupted by a knock at her door

<Lunassa> Excuse me...

<Thea> Of course.

<Lamis> I beg your pardon, but I need to speak with you.

  • Lamis says to Lunassa

<Lunassa> Certainly.

<Thea> Don't mind me. :)

  • Lamis steps into her room and closes the door.

<Lamis> It seems that there's a skin-stealer at work in the court. True sight can't see through its disguise.

<Lunassa> No, it wouldn't - it's a physical change, not a magical one.

  • Lunassa agrees

<Lamis> We need to find a way to locate it before it can harm anyone else.

<Thea> (Would I know any way to detect one? I can't remember if that's something I've rolled for already.)

<Lunassa> I could try to scry on it. Without knowing it, however, it will be more difficult.

<Lunassa> If we had something of it... or... something it had worn...

<Lamis> There is a skin that it discarded.

  • Lunassa nods

<Thea> Eww.

<Thea> But effective.

<Lamis> Come to my council room, and I'll ensure that you have access to the skin to perform your scrying. Both of you, if you're willing - in the event that one

fails, the other might succeed.

<Thea> I'd be happy to assist in any way I can.

<Lamis> Thank you.

  • Lamis departs, then

<DiablotinNarrator> Thea, do you want to stick with Lunassa or go find the others?

<DiablotinNarrator> (or do anything else, I suppose ;)

<Thea> (I think, for the moment, I'll stick with Lunassa, but if I happen to see the others I'll go with them.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

  • Lunassa is going to the council room, so you can head there with her

<Lunassa> (after gathering up a few things)

  • Thea will help if/as necessary and keep her company.

Hettie is taken out of commission

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, back with the large group of folks - Hettie, as you're heading to locate this council room, you start feeling ill - sick to your stomach.

  • Hettienne grimaces but tries to ignore it.
  • Anny notices your grimace as she's perched on your shoulder

<Anny> you okay?

<Hettienne> stomach's a bit dodgy... it's fine

<Anny> maybe it's just that thing that happens when you're havin' a baby!

<Hettienne> Yeah, most like...

  • Anny gives you a kiss on the cheek
  • Hettienne smiles a bit. :3

<DiablotinNarrator> you're pretty sure you need to get to a bathroom, though, or else things are going to be unpleasant.

<Hettienne> Ugh...

<Hettienne> (do I have any idea where one is?)

<Danys> hmm?

<DiablotinNarrator> (you've probably seen where they are, yeah)

<Hettienne> Not feelin' so great... I'll catch up to you.

  • Hettienne is looking a little green.

<Danys> oh...

  • Danys frowns

<Danys> do you need any help?

<Hettienne> No, it's fine

<Anny> I won't leave you alone, Hettie. I mean, I will if you need to go in the bathroom, but I'll stay outside an' wait, in case you need someone.

<Hettienne> Everything's fine...

<Hettienne> Thanks, Anny.

<Danys> okay.

<Hettienne> I gotta go @_@

  • Hettienne hurries off.
  • Danys gives an encuraging but concerned smile, but keeps up with Ylva
  • Anny sticks with you and will wait outside, offering possibly-comforting support through the bathroom door ;p

Eletheni, Danys and TinyZola join Thea and Lunassa in the Council Room

<DiablotinNarrator> Eletheni, you are large enough that it's difficult for you to follow this path, although you can squeeze through the doorways and such.

  • Eletheni will do her best

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can squish your way through, and Ylva leads the way to the council room.

  • TinyZola flits along

<DiablotinNarrator> Thea, you can arrive at the council room with Lunassa.

  • Danys will follow Ylva's lead re: knocking vs barging in ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> you can arrive there shortly after them, Danys and co., as they're getting set up for scrying.

<Danys> oh!

  • Danys smiles at Thea

<Danys> Good, there you are....

<Danys> we have a suspicion >.>

  • TinyZola waves

<Thea> Hey folks, we're just setting up to try to find the skinstealer.

<Thea> Oh?

<Danys> Hettie did a divination

<Danys> We're concerned.... and I know you don't know us at all and this saounds terrible....

  • Danys bites ler lip

<Danys> We're concerned that it might be Jayet

<Thea> Do you know where he is now?

<Danys> no :/

<Danys> where;s Lamis?

<Thea> Well, Lord Lamis went to get the discarded skin so we could use it for scrying.

<Danys> hmm, okay

<Danys> hettie and Anny got briefly helpd up, but I hope they'll be along shortly

<Danys> ...

<TinyZola> Hettie has the poops :3

<Danys> -_-

<Danys> well - would it be possible to scry on jayet?

<Lunassa> I could try it, and you could try scrying on the skin-stealer.

  • Lunassa suggests to Thea

<Thea> I'd be happy to.

<Lunassa> But the scrying does take some time... so it might make sense to search the more mundane way as well.

  • Danys nods

<Danys> I'm not sure what to look for - check his rooms, i suppose?

  • Danys looks to Ylva

<Danys> do you now where they are?

<Ylva> He could be just about anywhere... but I know where his rooms are, yes.

<Ylva> But um... I don't think you'll be able to get there.

  • Ylva says to Eletheni apologetically.

<Danys> if the skin is there, I can probably find it

  • Danys says, wrinkling her nose

<Danys> it might be better for you to stay here and wait for Lamis anyway

<Eletheni> I understand. What should I tell him if he comes back here?

<TinyZola> Challenge him to a sing-off

<TinyZola> Just in case Jayet got him @_@

<Danys> Oh, goodness.... just tell him what we suspect, I suppose, and what the seers are doing

<Lunassa> Tell him that we're scrying for Jayet and for the skin-stealer, and not to interrupt us.

  • Eletheni nods.

<Eletheni> Is there anything we can do to protect ourselves from him - if it is him?

<Thea> I could lay down a protective circle.

<Lunassa> He can't take your skin unless you're incapacitated in some way - or willing, I suppose. But he would need to poison or wound you to such an extent that you

were unable to defend yourself.

<Thea> Though I suppose that's not a large-area protection.

  • Eletheni laughs.

<Thea> So just the normal way of defending, then. :)

<Eletheni> He would have to be very mighty indeed - and very foolhardy - to interfere with me.

<Danys> yes

  • Danys smiles up at Eletheni

<Lunassa> That, and avoiding falling asleep or becoming unconscious from drinking

<Danys> I thik you'll be fone, and you can watch over the seers

<Danys> (fine)

<Eletheni> Go, then. And be careful.

<Danys> we will

Lathra is lured deeper into the depths by Jayet

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, back to Lathra then...

  • Lathra salutes
  • TinyZola makes sure B. is with us before we go:3
  • Jayet leads you along narrow , twisting passages, down into the root system of the tree.
  • Lathra takes every side passage she sees
  • Jayet seems like he might be a bit lost too?

<Lathra> Isn't this fun? Thanks for bringing me!

<Jayet> it should be down here...

<Lathra> Maybe it's this one!

  • Jayet pauses to consider his surroundings
  • Lathra explores a storage room

<Lathra> I found the secret!

  • Lathra holds up an expired jar of something pickled

<Jayet> ....I don't think that's it.

<Lathra> Now it's my turn to hide the secret and you can find it

<Lathra> I'll give you a hint

<Lathra> <w> It might be near my bedroom...

<Jayet> o_O

<Jayet> what might be?

  • Lathra skips off to go and hide something
  • Lathra stops and turns around

<Lathra> Wink!

  • Lathra winks and skips around a corner

<Jayet> -_-

  • Jayet follows reluctantly

Danys, Zola, Veren, and Ylva investigate Jayet's rooms

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Veren, Danys, and Zola are following Ylva to Jayet's rooms.

  • TinyZola and B. occasionally attack Veren's ankles :E

<TinyZola> Ahahah!

  • Ylva leads the way up into the higher reaches of the tree, and finally to a door that is closed.

<Ylva> ... should I knock?

  • Ylva asks uncertainly
  • Danys keeps alert

<Danys> hhhmmmmmm - no.

  • Danys says decisively
  • Danys sniffs the air
  • TinyZola wonders if she can crawl under the door

<DiablotinNarrator> you can make a perception check, Danys

  • TinyZola peeks under

<Danys> !roll 1d20+16

  • TinyZola rolls for Danys: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 21 ].

<Danys> (And I do have scent)

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't pick up any odd smells, Danys.

<Danys> everything smells okay...

  • Danys will try the door

<DiablotinNarrator> The door is locked

<TinyZola> (How big's the crack underneath? :3)

<Danys> (coudl I just break the latch to open it?)

<Danys> (or force it open, anyway)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Zola - pretty small. too small for you, anyway, unless you were even tinier ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> You could try, Danys - you can make a Str. check if you want to try and force it open.

<Danys> (18)

  • TinyZola cannot, alas, shrink herself ;_;

<DiablotinNarrator> (18 is enough to force the door open)

  • TinyZola claps

<TinyZola> So strong :3

  • Danys nods, and will enter and look/sniff around
  • TinyZola helps search
  • TinyZola will cast Detect Magic
  • Ylva lingers outside to keep an eye on anyone coming, and Veren will stay with her as well.

<Danys> (I'll be sure to check the wardrobes, etc ;p)

<Danys> (perception again?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure)

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, there is a good amount of magic crap around here.

<Danys> !roll 1d20+16

  • TinyZola rolls for Danys: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 25 ].

<TinyZola> Oooh, so much magic :3

<Danys> well don't take it unless it is relevant

  • TinyZola looks for things that are ... relevant >_>
  • Danys will look for other signs that things may not be as they seem other than just a skin as well
  • TinyZola rolls [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 9 ]

<TinyZola> (Perception :D)

<DiablotinNarrator> You do notice an unusual concentration of necromantic magic in one of the chests, Zola.

<TinyZola> What's in here? :V

<Danys> lets find out

  • TinyZola struggles to lift the lid but can't even budge it
  • Danys can pop that open

<DiablotinNarrator> When you open it up, you find a bunch of odd black stones.

<Danys> hmmm....

<TinyZola> Hmmmmmmmm

  • Danys will not touch them, but will close the chest and take it after casting delay disease on herself

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<TinyZola> I can shrink it if you want :3

<Danys> that's okay

<Danys> they's go back to the seers

<TinyZola> What about all this other magic stuff?

  • Ylva looks in curiously

<Ylva> What is it?

<Danys> I'm not sure - but it might be like the stone it used to curse the swanmaiden's lake

<DiablotinNarrator> So you're going back to the council room?

<Danys> (yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • TinyZola is going to take something else that's magic just in case

<TinyZola> .oO( This might be important )

<DiablotinNarrator> TZ, you can take a magic thing that looks like a cloth folded up and tied with a pretty ribbon. (Faint transmutation.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (also pretty ribbon!)

<TinyZola> .oO( Hope this isn't someone's skin @_@ )

  • TinyZola strokes the ribbon and drapes the bundle over B.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can all return to Eletheni and the seers, who are by now in the middle of their scrying.

Lathra gets to see the heart of the tree, and mess up Jayet's plans

<DiablotinNarrator> back to Lathra...

  • Jayet follows you, Lathra, but stops at the junction of another passageway, looking down it curiously.

<Jayet> This way...

<Lathra> I don't think it is...

  • Lathra looks puzzled
  • Lathra shrugs and flies over to look anyway

<DiablotinNarrator> You can see something glinting down at the end of this tunnel.

<DiablotinNarrator> Lights like little fireflies...

<Lathra> Ooo!

  • Jayet beckons for you to follow down that way
  • Lathra follows

<Lathra> What iiiis it?

<Jayet> The heart of the tree...

  • Jayet says as you enter into a room with a domed roof and a large pond at its center. Tiny bugs and moss patches seem to be the source of the glowing lights.

<Lathra> Oh... that seems less like a secret, and more like a... hm. Hidden thing?

  • Jayet smiles, the bluish glow accentuating the odd blue tone of his skin

<Lathra> It's pretty :)

  • Lathra turns into a snake and slithers around the outside of the pond

<Jayet> Yes...

  • Jayet reaches into a pouch he has at his waist, and removes something from it.

<Lathra> Ooo whassat?

<Jayet> You said you liked stones...

  • Lathra turns back and floats up to see what he's holding

<Lathra> (Do I have time to try and snatch it?)

<DiablotinNarrator> you can make a Dex check to try

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+23

  • TinyZola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Lathra> (Bluff)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, that's enough for a feint to switch the stone, assuming that's what you're trying to do?)

  • Lathra switches it for the pooka stone

<Lathra> (Yesss :) )

  • Jayet looks surprised
  • Lathra giggles and starts playing keep away

<Lathra> What is it?

<Jayet> What is this?

  • Jayet tries to throw the pooka stone into the water, but of course can't get rid of it

<Lathra> My favourite rock! Be careful with it

  • Lathra holds the thingumy up in front of her to look at it

<DiablotinNarrator> It's a small black stone with an oily sheen to its surface.

<Lathra> (Does it look all black and evil like the thing under the lake?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, quite a bit like that)

<Lathra> OO it looks all black and evil like that other rock I found!

<Jayet> Hadn't you better throw it away, then?

<Lathra> I'm gonna go show Clovani, he hated that other one!

  • Lathra flies off to look for the party
  • Jayet tries to follow, but is hampered by only having half his usual movement speed :p

<Lathra> Keep up slowpoke!

Hettie rejoins the living

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Hettie, you're feeling recovered enough to get out of the bathroom, possibly several pounds lighter ;p

<Anny> are you okay?

<Hettienne> I'll live :|

<Anny> :(

<Hettienne> Where'd they all get to, then...

<Anny> up that way...

  • Anny points in the last direction she saw them going in, anyway.
  • Hettienne nods, and heads that way
  • Lamis is headed in the same direction as you, carrying a bundle under his arm.

<Hettienne> (What's in the bundle >.>)

<Lamis> (it's wrapped up in some pants ;p)

<Hettienne> Lamis.

<Hettienne> Did the others find you?

<Lamis> I spoke to the seer, and was finding some... supplies for her.

<Hettienne> Ah, good.

  • Lamis heads to the council room, and you can follow him there
  • Hettienne tags along.
  • Lamis can deliver the skin to the scrying folks, and you also rejoin the others there as well.
  • Thea keeps scrying it up.

<Hettienne> Gang's all here... 'cept Lathra and th' other one.

<DiablotinNarrator> (and Clovani, and Silver, and Aux ;)

<Hettienne> (yeah I forgot about them)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

  • Lamis considers

<TinyZola> I found a thing!

<Danys> Yes

  • TinyZola lifts the little bundle up onto the table
  • Danys sets the chest down

<TinyZola> (a table)

  • Danys looks from Hettie to Lamis

<Danys> Did you tell him? :3

<TinyZola> That she had the poops?

  • Danys sighs

<Hettienne> Tell who what now?

<Danys> no...

<Hettienne> Wrong end Zola :|

<TinyZola> Oh :o

<Danys> about our suspicion...

<Hettienne> I thought you wouldve..

<Hettienne> Well anyway then.

<Hettienne> We think the skinchanger might be Jayet.

<Lamis> what?!

<Hettienne> He can change stuff's colour right?

<Hettienne> The one who changes skin changes colour.

<Lamis> ...yes... but how could it be him?

<TinyZola> Well, it's not him... it's just...

<Danys> I dont know

<TinyZola> :/

<Danys> but we dfound thse in his room

<TinyZola> You know... pretending

  • Danys will show him the chest

<Hettienne> ... Those are like the one what blighted the lake

<Danys> yes, I thikn so.

<Hettienne> What's that other thing you got?

  • Lamis frowns at the stones and will pick one up, grasping it in his fist
  • Hettienne looks at Zola's bundle.

<TinyZola> I don't know, but it's magic

  • TinyZola works to untie the enormous ribbon

<Danys> The seers are scying now - one on him and one on the skinstealer

  • Lamis says something to... the stone?

<Hettienne> (can I catch what he says?)

  • Lamis is speaking in some tongue you don't know. stone language?

<Hettienne> (I have all languages >.>)

<Hettienne> (Tongues... does that work)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no, because that doesn't let you speak with creatures that can't speak, and rocks can't speak ;)

<TinyZola> (Also you have to touch)

<Hettienne> (k)

<Thea> (I take it then that my constant comprehend languages doesn't work, either?)

<Lamis> (nope)

<Thea> (kk)

  • Lamis then seems to listen to the stone for a few moments
  • TinyZola gets Danys to help hold the bundle in place while she unties it
  • Lamis tosses the stone back into the chest.
  • Danys can do

<Danys> ....what did itv say?

<Lamis> They're cursed stones... made for spreading the Blight.

  • Lamis says angrily.

<Eletheni> Are you at risk, having touched it?

<Hettienne> Sorry mate. :/

<TinyZola> And this is...

  • TinyZola unfolds it

<Lamis> The skin-stealer brought them here.

<Danys> :|

<Lamis> Unfortunately, stones aren't clever enough to know much more than that - like where he might be now, or why he's doing this :p

<Danys> we can help search...

<Danys> but the scrying mat turn up something.

<Danys> ....I'm sorry for your friend :|

<Hettienne> How much longer will it take?

<Lamis> I need to get Roseide - she might be able to help too.

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, the cloth is a large piece of silk.

<TinyZola> huh

<TinyZola> This doesn't seem very nefarious

  • Lamis glances over at it

<Lamis> It's not, it's just a flying sail.

<TinyZola> What's it do?

<Lamis> Use the right word and it becomes a sturdy support that can support a large amount of weight - used to pass over water or a gap or something like that.

  • Lamis says a bit distractedly

<TinyZola> Are there any gaps nearby that hide important things?

<TinyZola> Maybe it IS nefarious

<Lamis> I'll be back shortly.

  • Lamis heads off to go find one of his other consorts, apparently.

<Hettienne> \what a bummer for him. :/

<Danys> yeah :/

<Danys> he was pretty displeased to hear that something was attacking his people at all, let alone one of his top people

<Eletheni> should we have let him go off on his own again?

<Ylva> ... should I go with him?

  • Ylva asks uncertainly

<Hettienne> I think maybe someone oughtta.

  • Ylva will run off after him, then

<TinyZola> It's sad when your friends get hurt:/

<Danys> ...we should look out fpr our own peopletoo . maybe someone shoudl go find them?

<Danys> I mean - I can do that, but would someone come with me?

<Eletheni> I should stay here - I may not be able to fit where needed.

  • Danys looks to Zola

<Veren> well, I'm fairly sure I know where Silver and Aux are, at least...

<Danys> okay

<Eletheni> But we should try to gather everyone together, as quickly as possible. Can anyone reach them with magic?

<Danys> we can go get them at least

  • Danys shakes her head

<Hettienne> Nope...

<Danys> we;ll grab them and anyone else we can track doen quickly

<Danys> anyone else we cna send servants to get, maybe

<Veren> I can try a Sending, too, to anyone we don't know where they are, if we don't have any luck tracking them down.

<Danys> okay

Zola, Danys, and Veren track down Silver and Aux

  • TinyZola will fly down to B. to go with Danys
  • Danys will go with him to get S&A at leaast
  • Veren will find Mayliss's room, and knock on the door.

<Aux> what?

  • Danys rolls his eyes
  • Aux calls from inside, sounding annoyed at being interrupted ;p

<Danys> we know who the skin stealer is

<Danys> we need help finiding it

<Aux> what?!

<Danys> Plus we have a alot of those evil rocks that need to be electrocuted

  • Aux comes bursting out of the room, neglecting to care that he's naked ;p

<Veren> *sigh*

<Danys> is silver here too?

<Danys> and maybe your pants? :p

<Aux> Ah... yes.

<Aux> Excuse me for a moment.

<TinyZola> Hehehehe

<Silver> I told you Mayliss... strong... I never said bright.

  • Aux goes back to remember pants are a thing -_-

<TinyZola> Awwww

  • Mayliss giggles
  • Mayliss will get herself clothed too, then, or as dressed as a satyr ever bothers to get ;p

<Silver> Alas, more pressing matters to deal with.

<Aux> all right, lead me to them!

  • Aux says, now enpantsed.

<Danys> okay

  • Danys will taken them downstairs

<Danys> we need to find lathra and vreel too...

  • TinyZola admires his chest though

<Silver> I didn't see where either had gotten off to... so who is the skinchanger?

  • Danys glancis at Maylis

<Danys> Jayet :|

<Mayliss> it can't be! D:

<Danys> :|

<Danys> they're scrying now, to confirm

<Danys> but we found the stones in his room

  • Silver nods

<DiablotinNarrator> So you lot are heading back to the council room?

  • Silver will put up scent, in case we get a wiff of either Lathra or Vreel
  • Veren can try Sending to the others - trying Vreel first.

<Vreel> (Don't forget Clovani)

<Danys> (yeah.... I'll see if there is anyone along the way who can go find the others....or yea, sniff them out)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that just smells like booze ;)

<Danys> (Oh yes him too >.>)

Lathra makes it back to the party

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, where were you heading with the weird black stone?

<Lathra> Back to the shindig, or as best as I can guess the way

<Lathra> For the record I'm still just having fun, haven't stopped to parse why this guy would have an evil stone

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay. Do you have Survival? that would help you navigate your way back through the twisty root tunnels.

<Lathra> I have no ranks - can I roll anyway?

<DiablotinNarrator> You can try, yes

<DiablotinNarrator> it would be a Wis check

<Lathra> (12)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - the ground is soft and earthy here, and you can follow some tracks along paths that seem more well-travelled - it will probably get you

turned around a fair bit, but you will eventually make it back out into the underground dance hall

  • Lathra looks for her friends

<DiablotinNarrator> You see Clovani there, although he appears to be considerably drunk.

<DiablotinNarrator> Drenio is plucking annoyedly at his sleeve, and keeps getting swatted away.

<Lathra> Hey hey Clovani look it's one of these! I'm gonna put it in your caaauldron

<Clovani> eh?

<Clovani> whazzat?

  • Lathra waves it around out of reach
  • Clovani reaches for it, and falls over

<Lathra> Haha Jayet had ... it.

<Lathra> Was Jayet supposed to have it?

<Lathra> Huh.

  • Lathra flies up and looks around

<Lathra> HETTIE!

<Hettienne> (I assume I can't hear her from the council room)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no, you can't, Hettie)

Vreel and Berchan's fun is rather awkwardly interrupted

<DiablotinNarrator> Vreel, you receive a Sending from Veren - 'come to the council room, the skinstealer is Jayet, need to track him down before the Blight spreads

from more of those black stones'

<Vreel> Huh?

  • Vreel looks confused and annoyed, stopping in the midst of whatever she and Berchan are up to at the moment.

<Berchan> what's wrong?

<Vreel> Being called away. It's not you.

<Berchan> all right...

<Vreel> The mortals think they've found a skin-stealer?

  • Vreel looks grumpy.

<Vreel> I'm sorry.

<Berchan> it's all right.

<Vreel> I *was* enjoying... things.

  • Berchan nods

<Berchan> Another time, perhaps.

  • Vreel reluctantly pulls her clothes on again.

<Vreel> We'll see.

  • Vreel slings her haversack back over her shoulders and picks her stuff up.

<Vreel> Oh. Right.

<Vreel> Is there a way down for people who can't fly?

<Berchan> Yes, I can show you the way... where are you trying to get to?

<Vreel> The Council Room, wherever that is.

<Berchan> all right, I'll show you how to get there.

<Vreel> Thanks.

  • Vreel flashes him a disappointed but thankful smile.
  • Berchan will get dressed as well, and take you to the Council Room, where the scrying is just about to finish up...

A plan is hatched

  • Vreel can't completely hide her grumpiness as she enters the room. But work before play and all that. :P

<DiablotinNarrator> Thea, with the rather macabre aid of the discarded skin, you are trying to scry the skin-stealer. What's the DC on that? (the base DC - I'll add

any necessary modifiers)

  • Silver will barkskin herself in anticipation of a chase

<Thea> DC 23, I believe.

<Vreel> So, Jayet, eh?

  • Vreel asks any of you who are in the know.

<Danys> we're just waiting for confirmation from the seers

<Danys> but we found more of those blight stones in his room :/

<Vreel> Great. Want to fill me in on this whole skin-stealer thing while we wait?

  • Danys can do!
  • Silver will watch Thea's sensor, bringing up her tiger and bull animal aspects.

<Vreel> Silver, how good is your nose?

<Vreel> I mean, I can track prints, but this place'll be rife with them.

<Vreel> So a nose might be better.

<Silver> very good when it needs to be

<DiablotinNarrator> Thea, with your scrying, you can see Jayet - or whatever is wearing his skin - wandering through dark, twisting tunnels in the roots of the tree

somewhere. He seems to be moving slowly, and annoyedly, as if looking for something or someone.

<Danys> mine is good

<Vreel> Two noses are better than one. As they say. Or is that heads?

<Thea> Well, he's somewhere in the root system.

<Thea> Anyone know it well?

<Danys> the keepers...

<Vreel> I don't, but I DO always know where I am.

<Vreel> I won't get lost down there.

<Danys> is it him, then? :|

<Silver> do you have a way to show me where?

<Hettienne> who else could it be

<Silver> if its in the tree I can get there.

<Thea> You have to ask Lunassa.

<Thea> Hopefully we can get double confirmation.

<Lunassa> ... I couldn't find Jayet :( it could be simply that I failed, but it could also mean he's no longer living.

<Danys> :/

<TinyZola> Poor Jaye :-(

  • Lamis returns with a tall, elegant, violet-skinned woman

<Lamis> What news?

<Lamis> (Ylva is also trailing behind them, looking unhappy)

<TinyZola> .oO ( Oooh )

<Danys> it seems like it is him - and he's down in the root system :|

  • Lamis frowns

<Eletheni> We are so sorry to have to bear this news.

<Lamis> Right now, I only want to stop this creature from doing further harm.

  • Danys nods

<Danys> we can help look, of course.

  • Vreel nods.

<Hettienne> Did anyone find Lathra or the dodo bird?

<Danys> no

<Danys> we didn't check the party again though

<Hettienne> :|

<Danys> we could take a quick look?

<Vreel> Veren did a thing. Calling me up thing.

<Vreel> Can't he do the same for Lathra?

<Danys> >.>

<TinyZola> Ring ring ring!

<Danys> he could *try*

<Danys> but he can't make anyone come

<Silver> I'll check the party.

<Veren> I could but it would take another 10 minutes...

<Danys> okay

  • Silver will tree stride to the party room

<Danys> ooooh...

  • Danys watches

<TinyZola> Heeheee

  • Lamis confers quietly with the violet-skinned woman
  • Silver just steps into the tree

<Danys> . o O (gotta learn that one :3)

<TinyZola> He can if he tries:3

  • Silver steps out at the party room

The chase is on

<DiablotinNarrator> Silver, you look around in time to see Lathra coming up from downstairs

  • Silver will switch her bull aspect to eagle and search for Lathra and Clovani

<Silver> Rabbit! Here!

  • Silver calls out to her

<Lathra> Horsie!

<Lathra> Uh I think maybe Jayet is evil? Do you know where everyone is?

<Silver> You've seen Jayet? Yes he's evil, he's a skin stealer.

<Lathra> Stealing IS Wrong

<Silver> The rest are in the council room... can you take me to him?

  • Lathra nods solemnly

<Lathra> Uh maybe? I can take you towards him.

<Silver> Jayet that is.

<Lathra> Yeah

<Silver> Play with this, I'll be back in a few seconds.

  • Silver hands her a rapier, and steps into the tree back to the council room.
  • Lathra salutes again, and strikes a swashbuckling pose

<Silver> Found Lathra, she ran into Jayet. I'm going to see if she can lead me back to him. Follow my scent.

<Silver> from the hall

<Hettienne> Is she alright?

  • Silver doesnt wait for a response, and steps back to Lathra.

<Danys> >:/

<Danys> sheesh, race off them okay...

<Hettienne> :|

<Silver> Ok Rabbit, lead the way.

<Danys> I can probably pick them up once we're down below, anyway

  • Lathra flies ahead as far as she can remember the way
  • Silver will bring up scent to see if I can use it to effectively guide myself

<TinyZola> Carry us!

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, who all is going on this chase?

<DiablotinNarrator> (apart from Silver and Lathra, I know those two ;)

<Danys> (me!)

  • Hettienne goes with Danys.

<TinyZola> B. has tiny legs

  • TinyZola say s as if to keep him from hearing

<Danys> (I can carry Zola and B ;p)

<TinyZola> :3

<Eletheni> I guess I won't fit

<DiablotinNarrator> Aux will also follow.

<DiablotinNarrator> All right - you can go hurrying through the hall, trying to catch up with Silver and Lathra, but they'll be ahead of you.

  • Vreel will go.
  • Danys basically needs to pick up Silver and Lathra's trail, yeah ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> Silver and Lathra, you head back through to the tunnels, and Lathra, you can try to find the right path. another Wis check.

<Lathra> (15)

<Silver> (can I roll Survival?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Silver, you can roll

<Lathra> He's like, near the heart of the tree. I thought he was being all romantic and mysterious and probably wanted to do naughty stuff but now I kind of think he

was probably being all evil and mysterious and wanted to do other naughty stuff?

<Thea> (Late, but I'll go, too)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I got a 26 for you, Silver)

<DiablotinNarrator> Silver, you can pick up an odd scent down one of the tunnels, that reminds you of the Blight smell.

<Lathra> (I probably also smell a bit like that?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably a bit, yeah)

<Silver> This way?

  • Silver heads towards the smell, not exacly waiting for a confirmation

<Lathra> Sure! Maybe!

<Lathra> Not in the pickle room though

<DiablotinNarrator> You're hurrying down the tunnel and you come across a pile of discarded skin and fur.

<Silver> (forgot I have swift tracking...so can move at normal speed, and also ahve a +5 to track)

  • Silver will stop and look for any tracks from him leaving the body

<Silver> stay back

  • Lathra floats behind him, brandishing fiercely

<DiablotinNarrator> Silver, you can pick up some different tracks leading away down another trail

  • Silver will take the time to cast Residual Tracking (takes 1 minute) but will give me an image of the person or creature who made it at the moment the track was

made.

<DiablotinNarrator> All right - you have a vision of a skinless pinkish-red gaunt creature

<DiablotinNarrator> And the others can catch up by the time you've finished your spell

<Danys> oh good

<Vreel> Hey.

<Danys> are you on the track?

<Silver> It's without a skin, at least it was... we need to follow it quickly now.

<Danys> okay

  • Vreel will assist people with tracking

<Hettienne> Before it can take someone else's.

  • Silver will take the lead trying to track it down
  • Lathra points the rapier in the direction Silver is heading and follows
  • Danys will assist

<Vreel> (My assist roll was a 34)

The quarry is cornered

<DiablotinNarrator> You follow the tracks and it brings you to a room you recognize, Silver - the bedroom where you found the other skin.

<Silver> home sweet home....

  • Hettienne holds on to her shears

<Silver> (is the door closed?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes)

<Vreel> (Can I tell if something's behind it using my Environmental Awareness?)

  • Danys can open that door >:|
  • Danys will look and see if everyone is read and just kick it down ;p

<Lathra> "Oh sweetie!"

  • Vreel shakes her head - wait a second.
  • Vreel just wants to try to figure out if there's only one thing behind the door or more.

<Danys> (narp)

<Vreel> (Using the tremorsense part of my fey ability)

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't think there is more than one creature behind the door, Vreel

  • Vreel nods.

<DiablotinNarrator> but I also don't think Danys is waiting for you.

<Vreel> There's just one, unless he's got a flying friend.

<Danys> (yeah)

<Vreel> (Well, she looked to see if we were ready, so that's a bit premature)

  • Danys creates some extra temors :V

<Vreel> (anyway, whatever.)

<DiablotinNarrator> You kick in the door and find the skinless creature scrabbling in the wardrobe, which is of course no longer containing any changes of skin.

<Danys> Jig is up >:|

<Vreel> Caught you, red-handed. Literally.

<TinyZola> Gross!

  • TinyZola stares him
  • Vreel will hit him with some toxin.

<Hettienne> Well that's about the grossest thing I've seen in a while

<DiablotinNarrator> THere is no point in doing this fight - I just want to know if you're trying to kill the creature or subdue it.

  • TinyZola will also cast synestesia if she can

<Danys> (I vote for subdue if we can)

<Silver> (my plan was subdue, but if these folks want death, whatever)

<Vreel> (I was planning to subdue it since I assume we'll want to ask it questions)

  • TinyZola only does subdue things

<Hettienne> (Let Lamis decide what to do with it)

<Lathra> (I want to subdue it, then dissect it and wear its bones)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can subdue it.

<DiablotinNarrator> And take it to Lamis, I assume?

  • Vreel gets it with some Forgotten One toxin, which if he doesn't make his save, will reduce his skill checks somewhat, among other things.

<Vreel> (Thus making it harder for him to bluff)

<Hettienne> (does it still have the pooka stone :v)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes, it still has the pooka stone

<Vreel> (It's a Fort DC 11)

<Vreel> (And if it counts as a humanoid, it had a 5% chance of being severely allergic to my cocktail s it gets -2 instead of just -1 to its attack rolls, skill

checks, and saving throws)

<Lathra> (Hurray! Taking that back once it's subdued)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can bring the creature back to Lamis.

  • Lamis eyes it with disgust.

<Lamis> Roseide... deal with it.

  • Roseide (who is apparently the violet-skinned woman) reaches out one delicate hand and grasps it around the throat. The creature twists, screams, and deforms

horribly (moreso), and then goes completely limp.

<Danys> hhuh

<Thea> o.O

<TinyZola> >_>

<Vreel> (K:N - what is Roseide?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (anyone who has it and wants to know can roll)

<Vreel> (35)

<TinyZola> (Some one room for me too please. .. +15)

<TinyZola> Roll

<Vreel> (19 for Zola)

<Hettienne> (Heather is rolling for me... 30 :D )

<Danys> (I got a 13, feh)

<Lathra> (26)

<DiablotinNarrator> Vreel, Lathra, and Hettie recognize her as a Candlestone Courtier. feel free to look it up.

  • Lamis sighs heavily.

<Lamis> It won't be harming anyone again.

<DiablotinNarrator> The skinstealer isn't dead, btw - but it seems to be asleep/unconscious.

<Danys> ...

  • Danys eyes it

<Danys> what did you do to it? :o

<Vreel> Will it be possible to question it...?

  • Danys asks the violet skinned woman

<TinyZola> I can peek at its memories @_@

<Roseide> I don't think you want to do that.

  • Roseide says calmly to Zola

<Vreel> It could have useful information for the Royalty, if they can manage to set aside their differences long enough to try to stop the Blight.

<Danys> I don't think so either

<TinyZola> I've seen some crazy stuff lately :v

  • Danys agrees

<Roseide> I made it an offer it couldn't refuse. It will remain trapped in a nightmare now, and we can deal with it at our leisure.

  • Danys nods

<Danys> I don't think I want to know what something liek thaqt considers a nightmare @_@

<Vreel> A dance party.

<Lamis> I thank you for your help in this.

  • Lamis says to all of you.

<TinyZola> No.... a singing contest

<Vreel> As part of a ball, perhaps.

  • Danys curtseys

<Lamis> Now, I imagine you're weary... and as there is no one to find a room for you, I offer you my quarters to rest in instead.

<TinyZola> You must have a very big bed :o

<Vreel> Thank you, but I've got some quarters, at least for the night.

<Danys> oh, that's very gracious, my lord Lamis

<Hettienne> Thanks, sir.

<Hettienne> I knew coming here was the right thing to do...

  • Lamis has plenty of room for all of you (at least, those of you who don't have other places to stay) and can certainly find somewhere else to spend his night.
  • Vreel climbs back up all the stairs to Berchan's room.

Solos

Danys and Silver invite Ylva to travel to Eranthis' kingdom with them

  • Danys will look for Ylva once things are a bit more settled down
  • Silver will tag along, cause she feels like it
  • Ylva can be found having a sad drink in a quiet corner

<Danys> mind if we sit down?

<Ylva> no... it's okay.

  • Ylva slides over so you can sit next to her on the bench that grows out of the tree's wall
  • Danys will sit down then, careful of her tail

<Danys> how are you doing?

  • Ylva shrugs

<Ylva> It's hard... I didn't know Jayet as well as the others, and they're all upset.

<Danys> :/

<Danys> Are you still thinking about leaving?

<Ylva> I don't know.

<Danys> :/

<Danys> well

<Danys> you're still welcome to come with us, if you want to

<Danys> but.... I know it is maybe not the best time, and I'm sorry about that - would you at least be willing to tell us a little bit about Eranthis?

<Ylva> I can try. I never met him, but you hear things...

  • Danys nods

<Danys> yes.... at elast you've lived in his lands

  • Ylva nods

<Danys> Amanita has asked us to talk to hi, to try and get hinm to agree to work with him

<Danys> we've done some auguries, though, that suggest that the key to securing his help lay in somethign that happened a long time ago

<Danys> at least, if I'm understanding it all right

<Ylva> oh?

<Danys> somethign about a lover, and a castle of ice...

  • Danys tries to remember what hettie and Thea said

<Ylva> oh, that.

<Danys> do you know anything abou it?

<Danys> I haven't heard the story

<Ylva> Well, the story I heard was that there was a human princess, and Eranthis was in love with her, but she married someone else.

<Ylva> But then she wasn't happy with her husband. I don't know why. Anyway, she asked Eranthis to take her back, to help her.

<Danys> hmm

<Danys> what did he do?

<Ylva> And so he brought her to his palace, but then she didn't want to stay. I don't know if she changed her mind or what.

<Ylva> Or they had a fight, or something, I'm not sure what happened.

<Danys> probably she was just usning him to get away...

<Ylva> maybe

<Danys> then he trapped her in a tomb of ice?

<Ylva> Uh huh, as part of his palace, where he could see her.

<Silver> Not one for letting go

<Ylva> No... he definitely holds grudges.

<Danys> hmm

<Danys> well - I'm not sure what to make of that, then, in terms of how it could be helpful to us

<Danys> it doens't seem very fair to her though :|

<Ylva> I guess not.

<Ylva> At least I know that if I wanted to go, Lamis would let me :/

  • Danys nods

<Silver> If this is supposed to be the way we convince him, it feels like were still going in missing a big piece.

  • Silver muses
  • Danys nods

<Ylva> what is it you need to convince him? I mean, what does Amanita want him to do?

<Silver> Since I don't think he'ss be very forthcoming, I wonder if some of our companions have a way to talk to his lady love, entombed as she is... assuming a part of her remains.

<Danys> I don't know the details - but to agree to work with her to stop the blight

<Danys> and, gosh. I'm trying to remember what the actual augury said - I think it just said he could still be moved by love?

<Danys> or someone could

  • Ylva nods

<Silver> 'A heart as cold as ice can still be moved by love'

<Silver> or something like that

<Danys> yes, that was it!

<Ylva> As far as I know she's still there, all frozen - that's what people say, anyway. That's how he deals with people who cross him.

<Danys> well I don't even know if we can say he still loves her >.>

<Ylva> maybe it's somebody else's love that would move him.

<Ylva> I don't know... just the way it's worded, it could mean a lot of things. Maybe it's her heart, not his.

  • Danys nods

<Danys> that's what I was wondering too

<Danys> he doens't seem the type to be moved very easily by anything >.>

  • Ylva nods

<Silver> I guess we'll find the way

<Ylva> oh - I remembered her name! I don't know if that helps though.

<Danys> oh?

<Silver> can't hurt

  • Danys nods to Silver

<Ylva> It was Thyatera. Like I said, she was a princess or something - I don't know how the humans reckon all of that.

<Danys> I think they have princesses...

<Danys> yes, that's right

  • Danys says, thinign about it for a moment

<Danys> but I don't know who that is

<Danys> do you know how long ago this happened?

<Silver> maybe one of our seers can figure out any meaning to it.

<Ylva> oh... well, it was a long time ago, but not a *really* long time ago.

  • Danys nods as if that makes sense, becausae Fey

<Silver> well that makes that avenue a little easier at least

<Danys> do you have any advice for dealing with him, or getting through his lands?

  • Danys smiles a bit

<Danys> other than 'dress warmly'

  • Ylva smiles at that

<Ylva> You should be able to find his palace, Icebriar - it has a huge spire of ice that you can see from really far away.

<Ylva> There's a frozen forest all around it too.

<Danys> well, that's encouraging

<Danys> that sounds beautiful, if maybe a little eerie

<Silver> makes me wonder what the forest did to vex thier lord

<Danys> maybe he has pollen allergies >.>

  • Ylva smiles
  • Ylva laughs at that

<Silver> and here I planned to bring flowers

<Danys> we'll figure something out, I hope.... I really want to go home

<Ylva> Home... :/

<Ylva> You know, maybe I will go with you.

  • Ylva says, making up her mind
  • Danys smiles

<Silver> Its appreciated. Icebriar will likely live up to its name, so anything to help us avoid some thorns is welcome

<Danys> even if you leave now, it doens't mean you won't be able to come back if you want to, I don't think

  • Ylva nods

<Ylva> Are you planning to leave in the morning?

<Danys> I think so yes

<Danys> it was kind of Lamis to give us his quarters, but we don't want to be a burden - and we do have a job to do

<Ylva> all right...

<Silver> and its far too crowded here, really

<Ylva> I'll be ready to go by then.

<Silver> no point in us adding to it

  • Ylva gives each of you a hug

<Danys> okay

  • Danys hugs back
  • Silver will as well

<Ylva> it'll be so nice to have friends to travel with :)

<Danys> I'm looking forward to it too - we shoudl go let the others know though

  • Silver nods
  • Danys will head off with Silver then

<Silver> Why so eager to get home? I'm just curious.

<Danys> oh...

  • Danys blushes a bit

<Danys> I don't think you'd understand

<Silver> why wouldn't I understand? Someone waiting for you?

  • Danys nods

<Danys> you don't seem the type to let herself be tied to any one person, I guess

<Danys> I didn't either, for a long time

<Danys> I wasn't interested in anything other than takking care of my forest

<Danys> But then I met Draga.... and I miss him

  • Silver smiles

<Silver> Just because my paths haven't lead me to somone like your Draga, doesnt mean I don't think there could be.

  • Danys smiles

<Danys> well, if you find one someday, I hope you're very happy

  • Silver shrugs

<Danys> though I still can't see you settled in just one place

<Silver> Who knows the road will bring?

  • Danys nods

<Danys> that's true too

<Silver> But you are right... settling down in one place isn't in my blood right now.

<Silver> Too much to see and do

  • Danys nods

<Danys> it has been exciting, all this travelling around...

<Danys> but for me its a relief to think I have somethign to go back to when I want

<Danys> although....

<Danys> well, you don't seem tob put too much stock in this whole.... thing....with second world people. Do you?

<Silver> I have eyes and ears. Some of us appear to have strong ties.

<Silver> Me....

  • Silver frowns

<Danys> Vreel doesn't seem to think it has anything to do with her, but I don't think that's right.

<Silver> It's dreams or memories... like intrusions... thoughts I didn't think.

  • Danys nods

<Silver> Is it the same for you?

<Danys> I know who I am, and I know what my life is..... but sometimes if I think about things, I get confused

<Silver> right!

<Danys> Veren thinks i should be in love with him, but I'm not :/

<Silver> I feel like I trust you... implicitly, but I don't know exactly why.

<Danys> or he says he is Draga - I'm not sure.

  • Danys nods

<Danys> and hettie keeps saying al these things and she calls me Denise

<Danys> I don't know - sometimes it all seeems very natural, but sometimes not

<Danys> like yes - I feel like we shoudl be friends

<Danys> that's easy enough!

<Danys> Veren is confusing :|

<Silver> Poor fellow... explains why he's so mopey

<Silver> I thought he just didn't like rejection

<Danys> yes.... I feel a bit bad about it, but at the same time - I think things are too confusing all around.

<Danys> I'm not....Denise. Maybe I was, or part of me is, or we're all mixed up...

<Danys> but I'm Danys, even if she is part of that, and I dn't want to live someone else's life!

<Danys> I can just be who I am now.

<Silver> Exactly

<Danys> anyway, sorry...

<Silver> That's what frustrates me. Nobody tells me how to think or what to do, its my choice...all these silly pointless feelings just makes me want to do the opposite, just to prove that I'm me.

<Danys> do you often disagree?

  • Silver rolls her eyes

<Silver> When I see everyone together, I always get a pit of guilt, like I'm responsible for this happening... like I said, it silly.

<Danys> huh

<Danys> well, from what Zola said, I'm pretty sure it isn't anyone here's fault!

<Silver> exactly!

<Danys> you just tell other you to let that go.

<Danys> she showed me, in my mind @_@

<Danys> I don't think I understand all of it

<Danys> but it seemed like..... we did somethign we were supposed to.... and then there was an emergency, and coming here was the only solution

<Danys> and maybe after we do this we can *all* go back home.

<Danys> wherever we belong, to just be ourselves

<Silver> I'm expecting a large boon from Amanita for this

  • Danys nods

<Silver> I'm in need of distraction now... you're welcome to join me, although I doubt you will.

<Danys> thanks - I think you'll probably find someone better suited to it though.

<Danys> though, I guess if you just want to get really smashed I'm up for that./

<Silver> well we can always start there :)

<Danys> okay!

TinyZola and Eletheni talk about Hugo

  • TinyZola flutters in to where Eletheni has settled in within Lamis' suites
  • Eletheni is resting uncomfortably - everything here is really too small
  • TinyZola pulls her wings in and flumps onto her tail someplace with a tired Oof.

<TinyZola> Hi

<Eletheni> Oh ... ahh, hello, Zola.

  • Eletheni smiles.
  • TinyZola sprawls

<TinyZola> so warm

<Eletheni> I thought you were another one trying to grab me for a moment.

<TinyZola> A skinstealer? :o

<TinyZola> I'm much too small

<Eletheni> Rather.

<TinyZola> It has been a hectic day though @_@

<Eletheni> I have a great deal of sympathy for Lamis. It must be very difficult to manage so many at such a trying time.

<TinyZola> Yes, it has been a sad day too :(

<Eletheni> I'll be glad to be moving on, so that we burden him no more.

<TinyZola> And we helped... that's a good thing... if we had decided to skip his lands it could have been so much worse for him, and everyone :(

<Eletheni> I have been thinking, Zola ... when this is done, what next?

<TinyZola> I think we're going to Eranthis' lands next.

<Eletheni> No, I mean ... when this quest is done. When our work is done.

<TinyZola> Oh... yeah...

<TinyZola> I don't know? I guess things are supposed to go back to normal, but I'm not sure what that is.

<TinyZola> I mean... if it was just me, I would have thought I'd change back... but what if I'm not me?

<TinyZola> You and Danys and others don't seem so... simple.

<Eletheni> How much do you remember of ... the other you?

<TinyZola> Oh, I think everything I remembered before?

<TinyZola> I feel like me, except smaller and greener...

<TinyZola> And I have ladyparts @_@

<TinyZola> I mean, more of them

<Eletheni> All I have is a Voice.

<TinyZola> How long have you heard him?

<TinyZola> Like, always?

<Eletheni> No, not always.

<Eletheni> Our kind ... we have very long lifespans.

<TinyZola> Oh yes, I suppose you would.

<TinyZola> Did you hear him as a baby?

<Eletheni> My reckoning of time is ... haphazard, by any scale you might measure it.

<Eletheni> No, I don't think so. It has always been the same voice, perhaps a bit fuller over time, but a grown voice.

<TinyZola> When did you start using his voice for magic?

<Eletheni> That's the strange thing. That only happened just now, just after we met with Amanita.

<Eletheni> So something did change. Some part of him has become ... more of me?

  • TinyZola nods

<TinyZola> It worries me?

<Eletheni> What does?

<TinyZola> I don't want to be using someone's body...

<TinyZola> What if they're angry? :(

<Eletheni> Ah. Yes, I see.

<Eletheni> Do you think that there is another, who occupied your body ... before?

<Eletheni> Someone who is not Zola? Or are there two Zolas, one human, one fey, and always have been?

<TinyZola> I don't know? Maybe that's what it is... that we are... same enough to be OK with it all?

<TinyZola> But if not...

<Eletheni> Let me tell you what scares me the most, Zola.

<TinyZola> And what about you, or Danys? What if he spreads back through time in your memories only because of what's happened?

  • TinyZola nods

<Eletheni> I have memories, a life, centuries long. What if I do not exist, except as a projection of his memories? Or his fantasies? What if there is no Eletheni, just a facade borne out of Amanita's needs?

  • TinyZola nods... having skirted saying that herself.

<Eletheni> Tell me about him, your Hugo.

  • TinyZola will walk along your tail until she gets to your torso and give you a hug.

<TinyZola> Hmmm... well he's my friend. He's a nice guy and a sweetie, even when he doesn't want in your pants.

<TinyZola> He likes to dress fancy, even if he doesn't always have fancy things to wear...

<TinyZola> He's funny, and he does a good job introducing all the acts at the Cabaret :3

<TinyZola> He has a lot of scarves... more than I do...

<TinyZola> And that's no small number.

  • Eletheni reaches up and strokes her scarf.
  • TinyZola imagines swiming in a drawer of Hugo's scarves @_@

<TinyZola> He's a bit full of himself sometimes but who isn't? :V

<TinyZola> We like to go to parties.

<Eletheni> So he's ... confident?

<TinyZola> Oh yes, quite.

<Eletheni> Where do you think he ... is ... now?

<TinyZola> I don't know :/

<Eletheni> You were so worried about him, that first day.

<TinyZola> You're big enough that he could be inside you, but then where would I be?

  • TinyZola is far, far too small to hold even a boobless Zola

<Eletheni> I hope I get to meet him someday.

<TinyZola> Well we were just fighting some awful mushroom brain things and then this awful thing scared Amanita into tearing some magical book so I was worried :(

<TinyZola> I hope so too.

<Eletheni> The worlds are becoming more intertwined. That does not seem for the best, all things considered.

  • TinyZola hugs again, thinking of some of the less pleasant possibilities.

<TinyZola> Well if it was less mooshy it might be OK?

<TinyZola> Like you invite friends over for a party you don't stick your mind in them?

  • Eletheni laughs, but nervously.

<Eletheni> There are so many dangers. My kind, the lillends, we defend against some of them, protecting our dear beloved mortals.

<TinyZola> :3

<Eletheni> I cannot imagine what would become of humanity if things continue this way.

<TinyZola> Well, we might not have a choice... the Irminsul is in the middle of Diablotin now!

<TinyZola> Well... at least it was >_>

<TinyZola> They were thinking of firebombing it so that might ... not really be the case anymore

<TinyZola> And the city has seen change before... just not long ago the Shadar-kai came to town!

<TinyZola> I think we'll be OK.

  • Eletheni nods.

<TinyZola> Especially if good fey and lillends come to the party :3

<TinyZola> .oO( And we don't blow up their magic trees )

<Eletheni> I shall defend my Voice with all my capabilities.

<TinyZola> Aww :3

<TinyZola> Maybe if ... maybe if there's another you, and this you is sortof Hugo, then when all things are sorted out, we could take a trip to see the Other You and tell her about everything.

<TinyZola> And if not, well we can just come visit You You

  • Eletheni laughs.
  • TinyZola hugs again

<Eletheni> It's all strange ... but strangely comforting, to think that we might.

<TinyZola> I'll make sure.

<TinyZola> Can you use his voice other ways?

<TinyZola> Like could you sing me a song?

<Eletheni> I ... perhaps I could try something.

  • TinyZola listens :3
  • Eletheni will sing using her Inspire Courage, and Hugo's voice comes out.

<TinyZola> yay

  • TinyZola listens sleepily
  • TinyZola will probably fall asleep pretty quick >_>
  • Eletheni will keep you warm and snuggly
  • TinyZola drools drunkenly but at least it's a very small amount of drool