Diablotin 3 session 34

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 34 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: April 24, 2016
Diablotin date: End Fourth-month

Prologue

The fey deal with the blighted Swan Maidens

<DiablotinNarrator> Anyway, you can position yourselves how you want on the southern shore of the lake there

  • Silver will cast barkskin on herself before moving in, with her usual array of self buffs (GMF on bite, greater longstrider, pass without trace)

<Silver> (and am also still a leopard)

  • Clovani will mage armor up

<Silver> (also Feral Focus on Tiger (for Dex) and Mouse (for Evasion))

<Hettienne> brb bio

<DiablotinNarrator> All right - you are approaching the blighted lake, with the whirlpool swirling eerily slowly at its middle. Black swans circle above it.

  • TinyZola and B. stride along in front of giant Hettie

<TinyZola> (... where stride is probably more like run/scurry)

  • Clovani trots forward on his valiant steed

<DiablotinNarrator> As you approach, one of the swans breaks off from the flock and flies down towards you.

  • Eletheni flies but stays close to the ground.

<DiablotinNarrator> When it flies low enough, it shifts into the form of a woman in a feathered cloak, carrying a sword.

<Vreel> (Who has the best Diplomacy score?)

  • TinyZola looks at the corrupted swan woman @_@

<Swan_maiden> Come no further!

  • Swan_maiden warns you

<Vreel> (Surely we would have discussed that before approaching the lake. My score total is only 8)

<Clovani> (11)

<TinyZola> (16)

<Vreel> (I propose that the best Diplomat be the one to talk to these things)

<Silver> (im better at lying than being diplomatic)

<Eletheni> (14)

  • TinyZola is great at flying

<Thea> (25 >.>)

<Vreel> (Seems like the stage is yours, Thea.  ;) )

  • Thea will step to the front of the group.

<Thea> We seek no conflict and offer no challenge. I am called Theater. Might I inquire as to your name, my lady?

<Swan_maiden> I am Kara, guardian of this lake.

  • Thea resists reading her thoughts for the moment, as it just seems rude.

<Kara> I warn you not to touch its waters, or drink of them, lest you become infected with the Blight.

  • TinyZola proceeds to use her Hypnotic Stare against the swan maiden despite what Thea says... -2 Will, -2 Perception, -2 Init, -2 to her spell DCs and SR (no save, and she has no clue I'm doing it :V)
  • Vreel is hidden and probably has her blow gun trained on the swan maiden, just to be safe.

<TinyZola> @_@

<Thea> (I'm imagining that as Zola just creepily staring at Kara)

<TinyZola> (alluringly :V)

<Thea> (If you say so.)

<Thea> Such was not our intention. May I ask what happened that the waters came to be so affected?

<Thea> (affected so, rather)

<Kara> A group of fey from the woods came to bathe in its waters... after they departed, we found that it had become corrupted with the Blight - perhaps one or more of them was carrying it unawares, or perhaps it was a deliberate attack.

<Kara> Unfortunately my sisters have also become infected with this foul illness.

<Hettienne> (sense motive to see if she's hiding something)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+19

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 30 ].

<Thea> (I suppose likewise)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+10

<Clovani> (ditto)

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 17 ].

<Thea> !roll 1d20+22

  • TinyZola rolls for Thea: [ 1d20+22 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 22 ] totals [ 26 ].
  • Danys looks at Thea, and then steps forward

<Danys> We might be able to help them

<Clovani> !roll 1d20+17

  • TinyZola rolls for Clovani: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 18 ].

<Clovani> (lol)

  • Kara seems to be leaving something out, or not telling the complete story, but generally seems honest/not lying.

<Kara> I can help some of them as well, if they can be captured long enough for me to heal them.

<TinyZola> They don't want to take their medicine?

<Thea> (*Now* I will Detect Thoughts)

<Kara> ... Yes, I suppose that is the case.

<Kara> (what's the save DC on that?)

  • Danys loks up to the swans in the sky

<Thea> (DC - 21)

<Kara> !roll 1d20+11

  • TinyZola rolls for Kara: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 31 ].

<Thea> (Heh, no.)

<TinyZola> (I tried to help!)

<Kara> (you can detect that she has a mind? ;)

<Hettienne> (I am activating my moment of prescience for the record)

<Thea> (Good to know, I guess. :p)

<Danys> could we help with that?

  • Danys eyes the lake warily

<Thea> How long have your sisters been affected by the Blight?

<Danys> and....whatever else is wring with the lake

<Kara> If you can capture them without doing them any harm, I can attempt to heal them

<Kara> I don't know what can be done for the lake, however :(

  • Kara turns to Thea to answer

<Thea> We're certainly willing to do what we can.

  • Danys nods

<Kara> A few days, no more. It happened gradually and I did not see the signs until it was too late.

<Hettienne> (divination, what can be done for the lake? )

<Hettienne> !roll 1d100

<DiablotinNarrator> (I forget, was I rolling for those or were you?)

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 64 ].

<Hettienne> (me, low good)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<Hettienne> (because you are aware if it fails)

<Hettienne> (I need to get under 80 so that succeeds)

<TinyZola> (The gods play a little sad trombone noise in your ear)

<TinyZola> Does anyone have six very large bags?

<Clovani> Aye, though I'm not sure that'd help. Not if they've swords like that one.

<Thea> Are they hostile?

<Hettienne> You don't have a very large *anything*.

<Clovani> I've never heard complaints

  • Hettienne snorts.

<Hettienne> Gross.

  • Hettienne stares out at the water.

<Kara> They will likely try to avoid capture, only fighting if cornered.

<Hettienne> The cleansing of the lake lies within the swirling depths.

<TinyZola> Gross.

<Thea> So it might...oh, hmm.

<Danys> is yher somethig in there?

<Hettienne> FUck if I know. @_@

<TinyZola> (Oh I lied the stare penalties are all -3 but that wouldn't have helped :P)

<Thea> (What exactly were we going to use to cure the swan maidens?)

<TinyZola> Maybe it's a very thirsty worm

<Silver> (remove disease)

  • TinyZola makes a sucking sound :V

<TinyZola> What if we have to beat them up a little bit to catch them?

  • TinyZola asks Kara
  • Kara makes a sort of pained face.
  • Thea sighs
  • Clovani snorts
  • TinyZola holds her tiny fingers up to show how little a bit she means

<Kara> I would not like to see my sisters harmed... it is not their fault. But... they are warriors, and can withstand some injuries if there is no other way.

  • Danys nods

<Danys> the blight will hurt them worse...

  • Kara nods

<Eletheni> How have you managed to escape its effects, lady Kara?

<Kara> By good fortune, perhaps, or simply because my will must be stronger than theirs.

<Hettienne> (sense motiiiive)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+19

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 37 ].

<Kara> !roll 1d20+10

  • TinyZola rolls for Kara: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 17 ].
  • Kara perhaps harbours some uncertainty about that.
  • Kara does not seem to be lying, again, but perhaps not quite telling the entire story.

<TinyZola> Do they ever wander off alone? Where do they pee?

  • Hettienne frowns a little

<TinyZola> We could hide there

  • Kara looks mildly affronted at your question

<TinyZola> Well we'd catch them before they take off their undies :3

<Danys> ...

<Danys> They're swans -_-

  • Hettienne facepalms.

<TinyZola> Not JUST swans

  • TinyZola looks at Danys like "omg you can't just ask someone if they're just a swan"

<Thea> Could we perhaps try talking to them, first?

<Clovani> I don't suppose we could just... ask 'em?

<Clovani> Yeah, that.

<Kara> I think the Blight has addled their minds - or else they would willingly let me heal them, instead of flying from my aid.

<Danys> have they tried to infect others?

<Hettienne> Yeah... I seen infected things blow like, spores and whatnot.

<Kara> The Blight spread from one of them to the next, but they have not yet tried to leave the lake. They may be able to infect you if you approach them, however.

<Clovani> Perhaps if we can figure out how to cure the lake, it will cure them as well. Though I don't right know how we'd do that...

<Aux> I can try to drive them towards you.

<Silver> Are we trying to charm them down or use force? This is getting tedious.

  • Aux suggests, looking impatient as well

<Clovani> I say we start with charm and use force if that don't work.

<Clovani> (how high up are they?)

<Eletheni> I agree.

<Silver> Fine... charm away.

<TinyZola> We could draw them down with a show!

  • TinyZola throws sparkles and stars!
  • Hettienne shades her eyes and looks up at the circling swans dubiously.

<DiablotinNarrator> Varying heights - between 30-60 feet say

  • Silver will shift back to her humanoid form, and cast gravity bow on her bow.

<Clovani> alright, then

  • Clovani will try casting suggestion on one of them. "Oi! Milday! Why not come down here and hold still while my friends heal you, aye?"

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, what's the DC on that?

<Clovani> 22

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 16 ].
  • Swan1 obligingly flies down towards you.

<Clovani> Well, bugger me, that was easy.

<Danys> hu

  • TinyZola transfers her stare to the approaching swan @_@
  • Danys will cast remove disease on her?
  • Swan1 lands, still in swan form
  • Hettienne is suspicious.
  • Vreel trains her blowgun and a dart loaded with blue whinnis in Swan 1, just in case.
  • TinyZola waves at the swan :D
  • Clovani will bow and lead her to Danys

<DiablotinNarrator> You need to touch the swan to cast Remove Disease, Danys

  • Danys will cast Delay disease on herself first, but yes, will do that >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> And then make your caster level check

<Hettienne> be careful

  • Hettienne hisses

<Danys> !roll 1d20+7

  • TinyZola rolls for Danys: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 22 ].
  • Danys will make a heal check to see if she can tell whether it worked or not?

<Danys> !roll 1d20+13

  • TinyZola rolls for Danys: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 33 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, that swan shakes its head, as if dazed, and you can see the patches of black mold on its feathers are flaking off.

<Danys> oh good.

  • Danys seems relieved

<Clovani> Wouldja look at that...

  • TinyZola claps :D

<Danys> well, that's one...

<Hettienne> Good job, Den...

<Danys> I only have one more spell today, though...

  • Thea will approach the newly cured swanmaiden.
  • Kara goes over to the swan and will speak to her

<Thea> Are you all right, milady?

<Swan1> *honk*

<Clovani> well, I can call down four more whenever we're ready.

<Kara> She's healed :D

<Thea> Indeed, excellent work, Danys.

  • Danys smiles
  • Danys nods to Clovani
  • Clovani will repeat the command on another one

<Danys> I can do one more...

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 22 ].
  • Danys looks at the and Anny

<Danys> Thea

<Danys> (though I meant Kara, so double derp)

  • Lathra plays in the grass

<DiablotinNarrator> ties go to the defender?

  • Swan2 made her save and ignores you

<Clovani> In this case, I think so.

  • Clovani tries again

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 26 ].

<Danys> hmm...

<Clovani> Bugger. This one's a stubborn wench.

<TinyZola> If only she was closer, I could help @_@

  • Clovani will try a different one.

<Aux> What if we got you closer?

<Clovani> (That's 4/5 spells)

  • Aux suggests to Zola

<Thea> (I've got backup in that regard)

<Clovani> (ok)

  • TinyZola flits her wings... "Oh right."

<Clovani> (Once more on a different one, Julie)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Drenio_the_Dodo> Squaaaaaaak

<Hettienne> (well I think that swan should reroll her save.)

<Clovani> Shut yer beak.

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 10 ].

<TinyZola> (haha)

<Hettienne> (MUCH BETTER)

<DiablotinNarrator> After a bit of hesitation, the swan flies down like her sister did.

  • TinyZola claps excitedly!
  • Danys tries her own spell again

<Danys> !roll 1d2+7

  • TinyZola rolls for Danys: [ 1d2+7 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 8 ].

<Thea> (Probably not going to do so well on a d2 :p)

<Clovani> (lol)

<Danys> !roll 1d20+7

  • TinyZola rolls for Danys: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Hettienne> (lolol)

<Danys> (-_-)

  • Swan3 is healed like the first swan

<Hettienne> that's not saying much, but yes

<Hettienne> (ww)

<Danys> that's all I can do today :/

<Danys> but others could try

<Clovani> Who's up next, then? I got one left in me

<Kara> I can attempt to heal some of them as well

<Anny> I can too

<Eletheni> I'll try

<TinyZola> Shall I help? :3

  • TinyZola takes flight and circles Eletheni
  • Clovani will try one last time to call another one down.

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 20 ].
  • Swan4 flies down obediently
  • Anny will attempt to Remove Disease on her
  • Lathra flies up to get a closer look at the swans

<Anny> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for Anny: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 23 ].
  • Swan4 looks to be healed as well

<Danys> well, that's half of them...

<Hettienne> NIce, Anny :3

<TinyZola> Weeee!

<Clovani> Aaaaaaaand.... I'm spent.

  • TinyZola showers sparkles on everyone.

<Eletheni> I'll take over.

  • Anny grins
  • Eletheni flies forward a little bit and casts Suggestion on one of them. Strikingly, when casting, her voice sounds like that of a deep-voiced male human.

<Eletheni> (DC 19)

<Hettienne> D:

<TinyZola> Hugo! :D

<Hettienne> (does she sound like *Hugo*?)

<Eletheni> (yup)

<Swan5> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for Swan5: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 11 ].

<Hettienne> Now that just ain't right.

  • Swan5 will fly down
  • Anny will try to heal her too

<Anny> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for Anny: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 10 ].
  • Anny faiiils :(
  • Lathra flies up in front of swan 2

<TinyZola> Lathra's turn! :D

  • Kara can try to heal her instead

<Kara> !roll 1d20+10

  • TinyZola rolls for Kara: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 28 ].
  • Lathra waves her hands around in front of the swan to distract it (feint)

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+23

  • TinyZola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 37 ].
  • TinyZola is not sure about Lathra's technique
  • Swan5 appears confused, but healed o_O
  • Eletheni will cast Suggestion once again, in her deep baritone

<Lathra> (No I'm flying up by the other swans

<DiablotinNarrator> (oh okay)

  • Lathra puts the pooka stone in its beak

<DiablotinNarrator> That swan is suddenly much slower and clumsier at flying, flapping around like someone's tied rocks to its legs

<TinyZola> oh dear

  • Lathra shoos it towards the group

<Hettienne> O_o

<Drenio_the_Dodo> Squaaaaaaak?

<Thea> That's certainly one technique.

<Swan6> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for Swan6: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 10 ].

<Clovani> If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.

  • Swan6 swoops down gracefully, unlike its sister.

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, make a perception check while you're up there

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+12

  • TinyZola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 20 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> As you fly above the whirlpool, you can see the bottom of the lake, and catch a glimpse of something at the bottom that looks shiny and interesting.

<Thea> (Uh oh)

<Lathra> . o ( oo! )

  • Lathra flies down to above the water, but doesn't go in

<Thea> Be careful Lathra!

<Kara> !roll 1d20+10

  • TinyZola rolls for Kara: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 16 ].
  • Kara fails at healing Swan6

<Thea> (Is that all our normal attempts?)

  • Lathra peers down to try and see what it is
  • Anny has one more try

<Anny> (at Remove Disease)

<Anny> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for Anny: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 28 ].

<Thea> (kk)

  • Anny heals Swan6
  • TinyZola claps!

<Thea> Nicely done.

  • TinyZola fires off another streamer of stars
  • TinyZola waves at the struggling swan

<TinyZola> Come see us!

<Eletheni> Shall I bring the last one to us?

  • Eletheni 's voice has returned to normal.

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, you can see a bit more clearly now that you're close to the water... it's a shiny black sphere of some kind.

<Thea> By all means, Eletheni.

  • Eletheni will use Suggestion one more time, then, returning to the strange man's voice.
  • Thea will cast Summon Monster V and get us a Vulpinal Agathion to cast Remove Disease.

<Lathra> <L> HELLOOO CAN ANYONE DO A MAGIC SPELL THAT WOULD PROTECT ME FROM THE WAAAATER?

<Silver> Why Rabit?

<Swan7> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for Swan7: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 28 ].
  • Swan7 is now known as DerpSwan
  • DerpSwan derps around instead

<Eletheni> (once more then)

<Thea> (Damn you, DerpSwan!)

<DerpSwan> !roll 1d20+8

  • TinyZola rolls for DerpSwan: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 9 ].

<Lathra> 'CAUSE THERE'S A THING DOWN HERE AND I WANNA GO LOOK AT ITTT, HORSIE

  • DerpSwan plummets straight down into the lake :p

<TinyZola> Yes a GROSS thing!

<TinyZola> D:

<Drenio_the_Dodo> Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!!!!!!!

<TinyZola> What'd you do Hugo? D:

<Thea> Perhaps you could return to shore and we could discuss it in a more civil tone.

<Hettienne> Under the water?

<Danys> oh no!

<Hettienne> Oh balls.

  • DerpSwan flounders around in the water instead

<Thea> Crows!

<Thea> Grr.

<Danys> (How far out is she?)

  • Lathra flies over to the swan

<Danys> I can go and get her...

<Lathra> Can I have my rock back pretty please?

  • Lathra tries to take it
  • Clovani will de/me will try to use his telekinesis to lift the swan up some
  • DerpSwan will gladly give you your rock back, and can then manage to swim to shore

<Thea> I can send something out, unless one of the fliers wants to retrieve her.

<Thea> Whew.

<Lathra> :3 Thank you!

<Danys> my spell shoudl protect me from the blight

<TinyZola> Lathra's so polite :3

<Danys> oh, she's okay!

<Thea> Which spell, Danys?

<Danys> Delay disease

<Danys> (delay)

  • DerpSwan is now known as Swan7
  • Swan7 will swim over looking somewhat frazzled

<Thea> Ah.

<Lathra> (Does the waterspout go right down to the shiny thing? Could I try to get there without touching the water?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Can your Agathion buddy cast it again, Thea?

<Thea> (It has Remove Disease 3 times per day, CL 7)

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra - yes

  • Lathra shrugs and flies down the spout

<TinyZola> Where'd Lathra go?

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, make a Reflex check to avoid getting any water on you, Lathra.

<Thea> (And I do like to think of it as a buddy. I like to imagine most of Thea's intelligent summons are people that owe her favors. :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I figured :)

<Hettienne> She went down... under the water.

<Hettienne> The swirling depths?

<Thea> Lathra, be care...*sigh*.

<TinyZola> Gross.

<Danys> oh ...

<Danys> can someone watch her?

  • Danys looks at the fliers

<Danys> in case she needs help?

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+16

  • TinyZola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+16 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 16 ] totals [ 23 ].
  • TinyZola flies up into the now empty air above the lake to see what's going on
  • Anny will also fly over to keep an eye on things

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+7

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 18 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (Vulpinal shrugs and will try one more time?)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+7

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 9 ].

<Hettienne> (sad trombone)

<Vulpinal> Sorry, hon. You still wanna get dinner next week? ;)

<Thea> Assuming I'm not frozen somewhere, sure. :)

<Thea> Take care.

  • Vulpinal will head off, then
  • Vreel decides things are more or less under control and will come out from the trees, though she remains inconspicuous.

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, down at the bottom of the lake, surrounded by swirling black water, you find what looks like a shiny black glob of ... something.

<DiablotinNarrator> It's got the consistency and general appearance of a water balloon

<Lathra> (How big is it?)

<DiablotinNarrator> About the size of one Lathra

<TinyZola> (How big is 1 Lathra?)

<Lathra> (Hm, sounds too big to scoop into my cloak)

<DiablotinNarrator> Yeah

  • Lathra flies out again

<Clovani> Oi, need some help over there? Whatcha find?

<Clovani> <L>

<Lathra> There's a gross black glob back there as big as my head and also my body and all of my bits!

<TinyZola> ./~ GROSS!

<Lathra> I could maybe stuff it in someone's bag?

<Clovani> Huh

<TinyZola> Not mine!

<Lathra> Your bag's too small silly

<Clovani> Could one of ye's with wings maybe fly me over there? I'd take honk head, but I'm out of flyin' spells

<Drenio_the_Dodo> Squaaaaaak!

<Eletheni> I can do so.

<Lathra> Sorry I don't think I could carry a giant like you plus I haven't got wings

<Clovani> Much obliged.

<TinyZola> (Can Eletheni fit into the vortex?)

<Eletheni> (no probably not, but we can let Clovani down on a rope or something)

  • Clovani will try to lift the thing out with Telekinesis

<Danys> (he can just hang off your tail ;)

<Eletheni> (ok, no problem)

  • Clovani can move up to like 155 pounds

<DiablotinNarrator> You can lift the glob up out of the lake, Clovani

<DiablotinNarrator> It shimmers and wobbles like a distressing pudding

  • Clovani will hold it in the air and not set it down until we figure out what to do with it

<Silver> Anyone bring a pot?

<Danys> eww

  • Thea will use Detect Magic

<Thea> (And maybe a K: Arcana roll?)

  • Vreel eyes the blob.

<Clovani> (How does the water look now?)

<Hettienne> whose pot was that what made the tea?

<Clovani> Y'aint puttin that in my kettle.

  • Clovani eyes Hettie
  • Danys can woodshape us one out of a dead tree?

<Vreel> It can probably go in my haversack, if we must transport it.

  • Vreel does not relish the idea of carrying it, though.

<DiablotinNarrator> When you lift it out of the water, the whirlpool begins to settle down, although it will take it a bit to stop completely. The water does appear to be taking on a more blue/green colour as well.

<Clovani> Can we destroy it?

<TinyZola> Yay, we won!

<TinyZola> And nobody got hurt :3

<Clovani> Don't count yer dodos yet.

<Danys> I don't think we've won yet

  • TinyZola flies around above everyone's head trailing more golden sparkles

<DiablotinNarrator> Danys, you can do that if you want?

<DiablotinNarrator> (woodshape a container I mean)

<Hettienne> If it's a magic thing maybe I could get rid of it.

<Hettienne> I think.

<DiablotinNarrator> Thea, you detect that it is magic - strong necromantic.

<DiablotinNarrator> and you can make your k:arcana if you want

<Thea> !roll 1d20+21

  • TinyZola rolls for Thea: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 23 ].

<Thea> (oy)

<DiablotinNarrator> no idea

<Thea> Hmm

<TinyZola> Does anyone have a lot of soap?

  • TinyZola eyes Clovani

<Clovani> We could burn it.

<Clovani> That'll kill most things right enough.

  • Hettienne is gonna try and Greater Dispel it.

<TinyZola> It might just make gross smoke.

<Thea> (Would Identify help at all?)

<Lathra> I bet Hettie could eat it to death. RRR!

<TinyZola> GROOOOOOSSSSSS

<Lathra> Hahaha

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+10

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Hettienne> (destiny pls, since I'm betting that is not enough :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, you can destiny it)

<DiablotinNarrator> (because yeah, it is not enough)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+10

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 17 ].

<Hettienne> (not better :()

<Hettienne> (oh wait lol it's AT WILL)

<Thea> (Jeez, you can take 20 on Greater Dispel :p)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+10

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 28 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> The black glob loses its structural integrity and now you have a wooden cauldron full of ooze.

<TinyZola> D:

<Danys> eww

<TinyZola> groooossssss

<Hettienne> Huh.

<Hettienne> Well, now what?

<Hettienne> Did I kill it?

<Clovani> Well... that seems less than helpful

<Danys> I'm not sure if it is better or not D:

<TinyZola> Soap?

<DiablotinNarrator> The wood also seems to be starting to turn black and moldy.

<Lathra> Use it for ink?

<Danys> D:

<Anny> I think burnin' might be a good option right about now

<Clovani> Hey Pooka.... wanna poke it with astick?

<Danys> we can't keep it in this

<Lathra> k!

<Anny> Or lightning

  • Lathra gets a stick

<Danys> no don't

<Danys> that will spread the blight

  • Lathra pokey pokey
  • Danys bats lathra's stick away
  • Lathra blows pooka dust
  • Danys tries.... purify food and water?
  • Anny tries Neutralize Poison
  • TinyZola stares at it @_@

<DiablotinNarrator> Purify Food and Water doesn't help, but Neutralize Poison seems to make the black mold stop spreading over the surface of the wood, at least.

<Anny> That ain't gonna hold it forever, just long enough for us to figure out what to do. I hope :p

<Clovani> Huh.

<Clovani> Soooooo... fire?

<Danys> I'm not sure

<Anny> Lightning?

<TinyZola> What does giant Hettie think? :3

<Hettienne> (divination: how can we get rid of this puddle of blight D:)

  • Anny asks hopefully

<Hettienne> !roll 1d100

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 98 ].

<Silver> Looks like we've at least cleared up the problem Kara... but you could have told us about the glob to start with.

<Hettienne> Beats the fuck outta me

<Kara> I didn't know it was there!

<TinyZola> Is burning it bad?

<Clovani> Maybe we could ask the queen what to do with it?

<Danys> well it will destroy the wood, so if it doens't kill the bblight...

<Hettienne> I dunno as we got *that* much time...

<Danys> we don't have timme for that

  • Thea will try Divination as well.

<Lathra> Oo I know! Send it to the mortal realm!

<Hettienne> anyone got like a rock or metal bowl? that stuff don't mold as far as I know

<Hettienne> Lathra no :|

<Silver> You didn't bother to see if there was something in the middle of the swirls?

<Thea> !roll 1d100

  • TinyZola rolls for Thea: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 70 ].

<Thea> !roll 1d100

  • TinyZola rolls for Thea: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 89 ].

<Thea> (I guess the 70...)

  • Clovani will grumble but if no one else produces anything he'll hand over his pot

<Lathra> Aww they're smart and fascinating, I'm sure they'd think of something entertaining to do to it :/

<Vreel> Cooking it might work...

<Vreel> I'm not sure that carrying that in a pot any distance is a good idea. The slightest slosh and you risk infecting yourself or the land with Blight.

<Danys> (IS there some kind of roll I can make to know of anythign that has been effective against it. like fire, or ither healing herbs or anythingt> I have nature or heal to try >.>)

<Vreel> (me too)

<DiablotinNarrator> (just let me do this divination first please ;)

<Hettienne> (I can try a K; anything roll :V)

<Hettienne> (but yeah I'll wait until the divination)

  • Clovani will hold off on producing the pot until the divination as well >.>

<Thea> Hmm.

  • Kara will reply to Silver's question (which I missed earlier)

<Kara> Whenever I tried to get close enough, they would attack me...

  • Thea 'looks' to the skies.

<Thea> "The gathering storm brings a cleansing bolt from the heavens."

<Vreel> Lightning it is, then?

<Vreel> Anyone here capable of summoning lightning?

<Anny> ooh ooh me!

<Aux> I am as well

<Hettienne> alrighty then

  • Hettienne steps back from the bowl of ooze
  • TinyZola throws little illusory bolts of lightning! :E

<TinyZola> krakow!

<Vreel> Well then, have a go at it. And once we've ascertained that it worked, let's set up camp. You spell-throwers probably need some rest before we venture further into Winter.

  • Anny will let Aux do it
  • Thea steps back.

<Aux> (since his isn't wasting spells, it's an innate ability ;)

  • Danys also
  • Aux 's blue eyes flash white as he calls down a bolt of lightning to strike the ooze
  • TinyZola rides B. around behind Hettie for cover

<DiablotinNarrator> When the glow fades, the wooden bowl looks burned and empty, no signs of the black ooze.

<Thea> Thank the Fates.

  • Kara looks relieved as well

<Kara> Thank you so much

<Clovani> Well that was fun!

<Clovani> Who's for some tea?

  • Danys sighs, relieved

<Hettienne> Brilliant.

  • TinyZola gallops out from behind Hettie again

<Eletheni> We are pleased to have been able to assist you, lady.

<Lathra> Oo oo do it again!

<Vreel> Excellent work.

  • Vreel smiles.

<Kara> Do you journey on from here?

<Clovani> Not bad at all

<Vreel> I'd love some tea.

<Thea> We may camp for the night, as Vreel suggested.

<Thea> If that is acceptable to you.

<Kara> Of course - we will gladly help keep watch over your camp.

<Thea> You're of course welcome to share our fire. You've certainly had an ordeal.

<Danys> ...

<Clovani> We've tea enough for all

<Danys> did we cure everyone?

  • Danys checks the swans over

<Kara> One of my sisters remains afflicted by the Blight... but we can heal her tomorrow, if we can keep her subdued until then.

<DiablotinNarrator> Unless anyone is able to heal her now...?

<DiablotinNarrator> ww

<Kara> Unless anyone is able to heal her now...?

<Danys> Thea?

<Thea> I might be able to call in a few more favors. :)

<Danys> okay

<Vreel> Best to do it now to prevent the risk of re-infection from her.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you can summon another vulpinal, who can try to Remove Disease on her

  • Thea will summon another Vulpinal.

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+7

  • TinyZola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Thea> (cool)

<DiablotinNarrator> that's good enough :)

<Thea> Thanks so much.

<Vreel> Yes, thank you.

<DiablotinNarrator> <Vulpinal> No problem. Card game still on as usual? :)

  • Vreel nods her appreciation to the Vulpinal.

<Lathra> Do you like rocks?

<Thea> Couldn't keep me away.

<Lathra> . o (From rocks?)

<Thea> Lathra, she'll be leaving in a moment, and you don't want to lose your special rock, do you?

  • Drenio_the_Dodo will wander around the swan ladies, peering at them curiously.
  • Lathra sighs
  • Danys will sit down and braid little grass and flower crowns

<Lathra> I guess you can hold it for a bit then

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+23

  • TinyZola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+23 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 23 ] totals [ 42 ].
  • Lathra plops the rock in Thea's hand
  • Vreel will work on getting camp set up.

<DiablotinNarrator> I guess enjoy your rock, Thea.

<Thea> *sighs*

<Thea> Thank you. -_-

<DiablotinNarrator> And your halved movement.

The fey set up their second camp

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you can set up for camp by the lake.

<DiablotinNarrator> (talk amongst yourselves, I'll brb ;)

  • Vreel will organize watches and help with camp chores such as preparing food as much as she is able.
  • Danys humms and gives zola a tiny flower crown to wear
  • Clovani will make tea and cook dinner
  • Thea will summon up camp housing.
  • Lathra will juggle something
  • TinyZola claps and wears it with pride

<DiablotinNarrator> (back)

  • Vreel peels veggies for Clovani. That would actually be pretty funny... the potato is like a boulder to me.
  • Danys will eventuallyrealize she's being distracted and lend a hand with things, somewhat apologetcially
  • Silver watches the mundain tasks with bored disdain
  • Danys is a good disney princess swho doesn't mind chores ;p
  • Kara will stay nearby, keeping an eye on things, if anyone wants to talk to her
  • Danys humms as she works

<Silver> so who were the ones who left the mess behind? (asks Kara)

<Kara> Some of the crowd from the Hollow Hall.

<Thea> (Is that something we would know about?)

<Kara> Satyrs and nymphs and that bunch... I don't know their names.

  • Silver points in the direction the party will be heading

<Silver> will we run into them that way?

<DiablotinNarrator> (if you know about this realm, you can make a k:local or k:nob check I guess?)

<Thea> !roll 1d20+18

  • TinyZola rolls for Thea: [ 1d20+18 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 18 ] totals [ 23 ].

<Vreel> !roll 1d20+17

  • TinyZola rolls for Vreel: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 22 ].

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+11

  • TinyZola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 22 ].

<Thea> !roll 1d20+21

  • TinyZola rolls for Thea: [ 1d20+21 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 21 ] totals [ 35 ].

<Thea> (The first for K: Local, the second for K: Nob)

<Vreel> (mine was for K:local)

<Vreel> (I could also do K:geography if that would help)

<DiablotinNarrator> Those of you who got above 20 on k:local would have heard of it as a satyr stronghold somewhere in the forest near here. Thea, since you have both, and a higher result, you would know that it's held by a satyr lord named Lamis, one of the minor lordlings squabbling over this patch of land.

<Thea> (Would I know anything about his mood, loyalties, or anything like that?)

<Thea> Right, Lamis's bunch.

<DiablotinNarrator> (mood: capricious, loyalties: himself, court atmosphere: all orgies all the time)

<Thea> His court has its...appeal. I'd hate to think the Blight has reach them.

<Danys> hmm

<Kara> Yes, in that direction.

  • Kara says to Silver

<Thea> Is it common for his courtiers to visit your lake?

<Kara> Sometimes... We try to avoid them. They consider us a 'challenge'.

  • Kara says with a bit of an 'ew' face.

<Thea> Ah.

  • Danys also makes a face

<Danys> gross

  • Danys flicks her tail
  • Silver frowns

<Vreel> If the court *is* infected by the Blight, we need to think of how we'll handle it, or whether we just want to skirt around it altogether.

<Silver> Some of your companions did not escape thier wiles? Or was thier gift a retribution your spurns?

<Vreel> You spell-throwers won't have enough magic to cure them all.

<Kara> One of them gave something to my sister Henla. A token of his affection, or some such nonsense. I made her throw it away.

<Danys> maybe that's what blighted the lake...

<Kara> It could be ...

  • Vreel snorts.

<Danys> We can't avoid everyone going through the wood, but I'm not sure we can silve everypne's problems along the way

<Vreel> Some token of affection!

<Danys> if we can cure the blight as a whole, hopefully osome of the rest of this will sort itself out

<Silver> we could just ask Henla where she disposed of it, just to be certain.

  • Kara nods
  • Danys braids some more flower crowns now that chores are done, for whoever might want one ^-^
  • TinyZola helps B. stalk Silver's tail :3
  • Silver doesnt have a tail right now
  • Kara can go get Henla, who is a younger, cuter-looking swan maiden (less intimidating, more chubby and cuddly ;)

<TinyZola> (Oh that was Danys)

  • TinyZola helps B. stalk Danys' tail instead :3

<Kara> Tell them about the gift you were given.

  • Thea will take a flower crown if one is available :)
  • Henla looks embarrassed
  • Danys frowns and tucks it away under her skirt
  • Danys can make one for thea ^-^

<TinyZola> :/

  • TinyZola shrugs at B. and looks around for more prey

<Thea> Thank you. :)

  • Vreel 's hair is already full of twigs and leaves.

<Danys> you wouldn't liek it very much if you caughgt it

  • Danys tells Tiny Zola

<Henla> He said how pretty I was, and that he had something for me. I know what that usually means with satyrs, but instead he gave me a ring with a little black stone in it.

<TinyZola> Does it have teeth?

<TinyZola> :E

<Silver> And what did you do with the ring, when Kara asked you to be rid of it?

<Henla> I wore it for a little bit, but it gave me bad dreams. I threw it into the lake.

  • Lathra takes a flower crown too
  • Thea frowns.

<Thea> How long was it between that and the Blight infection?

<Henla> I think a day or two...

<Danys> it does seem likley

<Vreel> Do you know what his name was?

<Danys> maye we *should* go there

<Silver> you had no way of knowing Henla

<Henla> was that what made the lake sick? :(

<Hettienne> Give those satyrs the snip.

<Thea> It's possible, but you bear no responsibility for that.

  • Hettienne says to Danys, petting her shears.

<Danys> mmm....

<Thea> As Silver said, you had no way of knowing.

  • Thea gives her a comforting, one-armed hug.
  • Danys smooths out her skirt and cloak, looks more like a normal girl/disney princess

<Henla> He didn't tell me his name. He had pale blond hair, not like most of the satyrs.

<Vreel> Hmm.

<Thea> Something to look for, then.

<Danys> yes

<Eletheni> What are we suggesting here? We could - just barely - help these seven ladies. If the satyrs are blighted, we would be grossly outnumbered.

<Danys> maye I'm wrong and we do have to solve everyone's problems >.>

<Vreel> That's what I said not ten minutes ago.

<Danys> the others didn't seem blighted though, did they?

  • Vreel nods to Eletheni.

<Thea> It's worth investigating, at least.

<Danys> if there is someone actively sreading this around

<Thea> If it's solely this one satyr, we might be able to prevent further spread of the Blight.

<Danys> through that means, anyway

<Vreel> If he's been at the court for some time, how likely do you suppose it is that he hasn't infected a number of them already?

<Hettienne> I dunno what you mean by barely. We saved all these ladies AND cleaned their lake without shedding a single drop o' blood.

<Hettienne> I call that a pretty handy win

<Silver> evidence of organized effort to spread the blight may aid our primary goal.

<Danys> yes

<Vreel> And do you really want to get close to a blighted satyr? They have trouble controlling their impulses even when healthy.

  • Danys nods to Silver

<Danys> that's what I was trying to get at

<TinyZola> There might be some cute ones though :3

<Danys> I'm not afraid of a satyr, blighted or not - they shoudl be afraid of me >:|

<Hettienne> Yeah, damn straight.

<Vreel> Cute or not, I'd rather not be raped by a blighted Satyr.

  • Hettienne agrees with Danys.

<Hettienne> That's yellow talk. We oughtta get those bastards if they've been spreading this shit.

<TinyZola> And if they haven't, we can go to their party :D

<Danys> we can't get too distracted.

  • TinyZola sprawls on B. and rubs his coat
  • Anny curls up on GiantHettie's shoulder

<Silver> its on the way, we'll likely have to deal with the saytr's regardless

<Vreel> It should be possible to detour; it would add some time onto the journey, but so will a visit to Lamis' court.

<Hettienne> No detour.

<Danys> we are going to have to pass through some of the courst, and it sounds like most of them will have their own issues

<Hettienne> We're going.

  • Hettienne speaks with authoritative Giant Woman voice

<Vreel> How about we put it to a vote.

<Vreel> All in favour of going to Lamis' court, say aye.

  • Silver laughs

<Hettienne> Vote how you want, I ain't chickening out.

<Thea> Can't argue with the norn. :)

<Danys> what a strange notion

<Anny> I'm with Hettie

<TinyZola> I vote Giant Hettie

<Silver> Is the water clean now?

<Danys> anyway yes I thikwe are going

<Danys> it shoudl be

  • Kara agrees that yes, the water is clean

<Silver> may I take advantage of your lake Kara?

<Eletheni> I agree that we should go there - at the very least, to learn more. Still it is not our task to save each individual from the Blight.

<Kara> Of course.

<Kara> There's a spot just down that way that is excellent for bathing - clear and not too rocky.

<Vreel> That's 4 of 10 so far.

<Thea> Oh really?

  • Thea says to Kara.

<Silver> Decision is made, I'm going for a swim, care to show me Kara?

<Kara> Certainly.

<Vreel> 5 of 10, one more vote needed.

  • Silver smiles at the swan maiden

<Hettienne> Apparenly they ain't big on counting where you're from, shorty.

  • Thea will leave them to it and make a mental note to avail herself of the lake later.

<Veren> I think if there's a chance someone at this court is spreading the Blight deliberately, we ought to investigate that. It could affect our whole mission.

<Danys> that's what Silver said

<Vreel> I'm not counting myself; I'm a neutral party.

<Danys> so yes it is decided, anyway

<Danys> we are gong

  • Hettienne rolls her giant eyes.

<Vreel> Well you've got your six, so the satyrs' court it is.

<Lathra> I dunno about voting but Hettie said we're doing that one thing so that's what I'm doing?

<Hettienne> Oh, get fucked.

  • Danys shakes her head
  • Hettienne wanders off to the bathing pool/

<Vreel> Rude bitch, isn't she?

  • Silver will head off with Kara

<TinyZola> She has her moments :3

<Hettienne> You wanna get STEPPED ON, tiny?!

  • Hettienne wheels around.
  • Hettienne grows to a HUGE size.

<Danys> oh :o

  • Vreel just rolls her eyes and shakes her head at the giant woman throwing her weight around.
  • Hettienne banishes you to a Maze.

<Hettienne> (there is no save but if you have spell resistance we can roll)

<TinyZola> Hettie, what are you going :(

<Hettienne> Puttin' a stop to things before I really do step on that little bug.

  • Hettienne returns to her 'normal

<Hettienne> ' size and heads to the pool again.

<Anny> Uh... ain't she the one who knows the way there?

<Hettienne> SHe'll be back.

<Anny> okay then

  • Anny shrugs and will go with you to the pool

<TinyZola> :/

<Vreel> (I can't find anything about spell resistance on the Forgotten One page so I assume I don't have any)

<TinyZola> (Yeah a lot of the tiny fey don't have it, or much DR)

  • TinyZola looks around to see if she shrunk Vreel
  • TinyZola pokes around in the grass
  • Thea sighs and will go to chat up the swan maidens

<DiablotinNarrator> Vreel, you can make your Int checks to see if you can get out of the MAze before the time elapses.

  • Vreel isn't going to bother. She doesn't want to give Hettie the satisfaction.

<Vreel> !roll 1d20+13

  • TinyZola rolls for Vreel: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Danys> (if you aren't trying, you don't get to roll)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that was an unrelated roll)

<Danys> (Rolling represents your efforts to navigate)

<Danys> (ahh)

<DiablotinNarrator> Vreel will appear back after 10 minutes, then.

  • Vreel doesn't seem at all pertrubed.

<Hettienne> (I'm not there)

  • TinyZola stands guard over the spot, with B.
  • TinyZola casts Polypurpose Panacea for some hallucinatory fun while she waits
  • Danys has probably wandered off to find more flowers or watch people bathing and playing in the water

<Thea> (Love that spell :))

  • TinyZola also casts it on B.
  • Hettienne hangs out by the water but isn't going in... Don't fancy waiting for all this hair to dry D:
  • TinyZola and B. chase things that aren't there for... well past the time it takes Vreel to return
  • Veren will stay at the camp... suspecting probably boys are not welcome at the swimming party ;)
  • Vreel just goes back to camp duties.

<Danys> (I think Silver and Thea are the only ones swimming)

  • Kara is as well. plus probably as many swan maidens as feel like it ;)

<Danys> (cool)

  • Silver is swiming and trying to have a good time with whoever is also swiming

<Thea> (Errybody go swimming!)

<Danys> (nooooo then everyone will see that I am made of wood ;_;)

  • Danys will sneak out and go swimming later that nigt ;)
  • Aux will probably try to join in the swimming party, because he doesn't take hints, but the swan maidens are not so keen on him joining in :p
  • Aux will retreat back to the camp and be grumpy :p

<Thea> (Aww)

  • Anny will splash around a little, but she's very small and only wades in like... a foot before she's had enough

<Thea> (Man, blindsight seems like it'd be pretty cool underwater.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

<Danys> (I guess we can do solos later if people want, but do we want to move on to morning?)

<Danys> (or I guess there could be stff at night >.>)

  • TinyZola flies into Hettie's hair and gets stuck sometime before bed.

<DiablotinNarrator> Yes, we can move on if no one has further things they're doing or planning (but solos can happen, during the evening)

  • TinyZola flails


The fey set off for the satyrs' court

<DiablotinNarrator> When you wake up in the morning, it's raining heavily. The storm that was threatening to arrive has finally caught up with you, with thunder rumbling and flashes of lightning.

  • Kara thanks you again for your help, and will shift back to her swan form and fly away with her sisters.
  • Danys pins her hair up wo it won't get all tangly and pull up the hood of her cloak
  • TinyZola sulks and doesn't want to leave the tents
  • Silver is feeling more aggressive today and will be a dire tiger
  • Hettienne tries to twist hers up into a big bun or something, but doesn't really have experience with long hair
  • Hettienne grumbles about needing a giant umbrella
  • Anny is happy with the storm and will fly around in it cheerfully.
  • Danys can raind it for you, hettie, at least
  • TinyZola approves of the bun as it is less ensaring

<Danys> (braid)

  • Aux seems pleased with it too, and will whirlwind himself up to enjoy it for a bit as you set off
  • Thea will pull her cloak up and cast Endure Elements.

<Hettienne> Thanks, girlie. :3

  • Vreel leads you all towards Lamis' court.
  • Danys will cast Delay disease on herself in the morning, just in case >.>

<TinyZola> Hettie... will you carry us?

  • TinyZola looks sad and wet on her sad wet cat

<Hettienne> ... Oh all right.

<TinyZola> Yay <3

<DiablotinNarrator> You enter into the forest after walking for perhaps an hour, which is something of a relief as it keeps the worst of the rain off you.

  • TinyZola and B. are quite light for a giant Hettie

<Danys> (Lathra shoudl snek it up and drape herself around eletheni as a scarf ;)

  • Vreel keeps a sharp lookout for any unusual fungal growths.
  • TinyZola helps by prestidigitating some water off of us every so often.
  • Danys also keeps an eye out for things that are out of place for a wood like this, or possible scouts

<DiablotinNarrator> (feel free to place yourselves on the board somewhere towards the left-ish part of the page)

<Vreel> (Can you resize us little ones again, please?)

  • Danys doens't seem to be bothered wanering hrough more difficult brush
  • Danys doesn't even get snags in her skirt ^-^
  • TinyZola either, because she's like 9' up in the air on a norn :3

The fey are swarmed by mandragoras

<Hettienne> I'm going to have my moment of prescience up again

<DiablotinNarrator> I need to go through and mark some people's bars as visible, it'll just take a minute

<TinyZola> Also pls grant control of B.-cat

<Vreel> I've got my 100 foot radius environmental awareness thing going, Which basically covers this whole map

<Silver> (Im supposed to be large)

<TinyZola> That's for covering up my face, familiar HP bar! Thanks even

<DiablotinNarrator> okay I think everyone is set. I didn't put Clovani on but Drenio can do :p

<Vreel> So I have tremorsense and blindsight basically for the whole map. I do love that ability.

<Thea> That's cool.

<TinyZola> Can anyone buff B? He does 1d2-1 HP :P

  • Silver will have the usual long buffs up (GMF-bite, Greater longstrider, Pass without trace) and Feral Focus Tiger (dex) and Bull (str)
  • Danys Marrow can just detect snares and pits ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> You are proceeding through the woods, when you hear cries coming from ahead of you. They sound like babies shrieking. You've been hearing some odd sounds since you arrived there, but this is louder and more sustained.

<TinyZola> >_>

<Hettienne> ... The children...?

<TinyZola> (swapping mouse batteries)

  • Danys Marrow frowns

<Danys Marrow> ... it coudl be

  • Danys Marrow sounds suspicious though

<DiablotinNarrator> All of you can make a Will save (sonic, mind-affecting)

<Hettienne> (I assume it's a fey power?)

<Danys Marrow> (is it a fey ability?)

<Eletheni> that was not my roll

<DiablotinNarrator> (no)

<TinyZola> (Not a charm or compulsion though?)

<DiablotinNarrator> no

<DiablotinNarrator> (whoever is playing Aux, Veren, and Anny, remember to roll for them too ;)

<Hettienne> I don't think I have anny's sheet...

<Danys Marrow> (I don't know if you gave us their fey sheets Julie)

<Thea> (Who's playing them?)

<Silver> (I dont have Aux's)

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm sharing them now - I thought folks had them.

<Thea> (His will is +7)

  • Vreel can detect traps within 10 feet of her, as well, due to one of her Rogue talents.

<Danys Marrow> (You ran them last time)

<TinyZola> no real fightses

<Danys Marrow> (you sent me anny)

<DiablotinNarrator> I sent lots of people Anny. I don't know who is playing who :p

<Danys Marrow> (fair)

<DiablotinNarrator> Now I'm going to send lots of people Veren.

<Danys Marrow> (I can run him)

<DiablotinNarrator> Josh needs to share Aux with Terry if Terry is going to run him. I can't share him because I didn't make him

<Thea> Oh, okay. Weird

<DiablotinNarrator> maybe? oh it did let me share him it was just being super slow to open the thing so I thought it wasn't going to let me

<DiablotinNarrator> and I guess we need to roll for Clovani

<Thea> (Oh, well, shared him anyway. S'all good/ :))

<DiablotinNarrator> let me just get his sheet up

<TinyZola> Well that could have been worse

<TinyZola> ... you could have picked lower stats? :V

<Lathra> (Lathra's mind is affected by some sound)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that was Clovani) So I think that's... Lathra, Clovani, Aux, Veren, and Eletheni (and B.) are nauseated

<Lathra> [bleh]

<DiablotinNarrator> Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

<Hettienne> (aux how about you reroll)

<Hettienne> (narp)

<TinyZola> For 1 round?

<DiablotinNarrator> just for 1 round, yes

<TinyZola> k Poor B :(

<DiablotinNarrator> Vreel, you are aware that something is moving in the earth around you - like hundreds or thousands of tiny feet are moving.

<TinyZola> Is this a baby corpse centipede?

<Vreel> Prepare for a swarm of some sort.

  • Vreel calls out to the others.

<TinyZola> D:

<TinyZola> Gross D:

<Vreel> They'll come out of the ground.

<DiablotinNarrator> The crying sounds get louder and from the ground erupt swarms of what look like tiny mishapen babies made of roots.

<Vreel> K:Nature rolling 1d20 + 23 (7)+23 = 30

<DiablotinNarrator> Each of those represents a swarm of hundreds of the tiny creatures. Vreel, they're mandragora - they don't normally swarm like this.

<Vreel> Mandragora. Acting strangely.

<DiablotinNarrator> These are smaller than usual - initiative rolls

<Lathra> (Can I vomit on one?)

<Vreel> (Do they have fungus on them, and do they have any weaknesses I might be aware of? I can just look them up myself but I'm not sure if that's metagaming or if my K:N roll would give me that)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay I think I got everyone there, let me know if I missed putting you into the init.

<Hettienne> Missed Anny and I (18 and 25)

<DiablotinNarrator> no I mean putting you into the turn order. You can add your own inits

<Vreel> There was a flurry of rolls there so I'm not sure if you missed my question re: mandragora weaknesses up there

<Hettienne> (oh, hurr durr)

<DiablotinNarrator> just give me a second

<Hettienne> it won't let me change Anny's, sorry :(

<DiablotinNarrator> it's because multiple people are trying to edit it at once. now try?

<Hettienne> still no

<DiablotinNarrator> what did she roll?

<Hettienne> 18

<Danys Marrow> yeah, we can't move anny

<DiablotinNarrator> there

<Hettienne> yay, ty

<DiablotinNarrator> are we still missing an init for Lathra?

<Danys Marrow> there go tean hatches-other-that-ian ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Hettienne> he did roll... just the turn order thing wasn't up and then he had to go back to the kitchen

<TinyZola> holy init Do Mandragoras have an INT score, Vreel? :V

<DiablotinNarrator> Vreel, to answer your question - mandragora are plants, so they will be immune to mind-affecting spells, poisons, paralysis, polymorph, sleep, stunning.

<TinyZola> damnit

<Vreel> They're plants so use things that would affect plants on them. Also: they fight to the death. They will eat us, if we let them.

  • Danys Marrow wonders what happens if you entangle plants >.

<Danys Marrow> maybe they'll just grow into each other :V

<DiablotinNarrator> As a swarm made of Fine sized creatures, they'll also be immune to weapon damage, flanking, crits, and spells that target a specific number of creatures

<Thea> "I started working my mojo to counter their mojo..." So I think their heads blow up, Heather.

<DiablotinNarrator> basically don't let them swarm you if you can avoid it...

<Thea> They're completely immune to weapon damage?

<DiablotinNarrator> yup

<TinyZola> Uh, I run away

<Danys Marrow> they can't fy, you're probably fine >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> They'll likely be vulnerable to wind though, because they're Fine sized.

<TinyZola> B. can't fly ;_;

<DiablotinNarrator> Vreel, you're up first. Vreel, one other things, since you rolled high on your k: nature - they are vulnerable to darkness.

  • Vreel will try tossing a tanglefoot bag at the swarm closest to her; that is all she can do since they're immune to weapons and poisons. :P

<Vreel> (They get a DC 15 Reflexs save to avoid getting glued to the ground) If you have darkness spells, cast those on them - it will weaken them.

  • Vreel will advise the rest of the group.

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm not sure how that would work on a swarm, but I'll say it can affect some of them- it can't get the whole swarm, it isn't large enough. Some of them get stuck though.

  • Vreel will then back into the conveniently placed tree and try to hide.

<TinyZola> Might translate to a DEX penalty?

<DiablotinNarrator> that one is going to swarm over Veren and Thea - it does auto damage at the end of its move if you're swarmed by it there - I needed to still be able to see them ;) 12 damage to each - Hettie's turn

<Hettienne> I move up behind Danys and cast wind walk on her, myself, Zola and B (who are riding on me)

<TinyZola> I was gonna say you could cast it on Lathra but she flies too

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay. that's a tree you're standing in, but I guess shortly you'll be above it anyway ;)

<TinyZola> hee Like a tree could stop Megahettie

<Hettienne> (I can only get 4 creatures total cat)

<TinyZola> I meant instead of zola, since she can fly away But Lathra's the same :3

<DiablotinNarrator> done, Hettie?

<Hettienne> (yup, that's all I got)

  • Hettienne turns wispy and incorporeal...

<Danys Marrow> Now I wanna see Aux suck uo those fuckers into a tornado

<Hettienne> noooo D:

<DiablotinNarrator> Aux's turn. if he doesn't tornado the hell out of them... ;)

<Hettienne> that would end poorly for us wind folk I fear

<DiablotinNarrator> he can go for the ones not next to you

<TinyZola> We can fly back!

<DiablotinNarrator> the ones at the bottom of the screen for instance

<Hettienne> (good :3)

<DiablotinNarrator> well, he can do what Terry wants him to :)

<Silver> (aux is nauseated this turn so he will just stay where he is)

<DiablotinNarrator> that was just my suggestion right, that's true he can't do it this turn

<Danys Marrow> oh riiiiiight

<TinyZola> actually hettie I'm gonna dodge your Wind Walk

<Hettienne> (sure... up to you)

<TinyZola> I can't cast anything if I'm in mist and it takes 5 rounds to go back I can TRY to help with Major Image >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> It can't get you mist folks, so it will swarm over Lathra

<TinyZola> Lathra might also be flying?

<DiablotinNarrator> well if she's flying, it will swarm to Silver, then

<TinyZola> It just seems sensible >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> but it would be helpful to know if Lathra is flying

<TinyZola> Like "EEK A SPIDER!" fly

<Hettienne> (he says no)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<TinyZola> Fool of a Pook

<DiablotinNarrator> 11 damage on Lathra then

<Thea> (Not to interrupt, but did my mini just get unswarmed for a reason, or does it need to move back in?)

<DiablotinNarrator> you're showing as swarmed to me?

<TinyZola> Not I, it moved 2 spaces up for me. the swarm there

<Thea> (There we go.)

<DiablotinNarrator> well I don't know what to tell you... it hasn't moved for me, I just moved it one square down and back again just now. Silver's turn

<Thea> (shrug)

<TinyZola> Magic :3

  • Silver casts Cloak of Wasps on herself, they cling to her and she flies up off the ground and past the swarm in front of her.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<Thea> (That's a hell of a spell.)

<DiablotinNarrator> anything else?

<Silver> (that's it done)

<DiablotinNarrator> Thea's turn

<Thea> Do I need to do anything if I want to get out of the swarm?

<DiablotinNarrator> No, you can just move out of it.

<Thea> Okay Sorry, looking up how casting defensively works again.

<TinyZola> They have a reach of 0 so you don't have to cast defensively, I think

<Thea> Oh, okay.

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah, just if you're trying to cast while in the swarm

<Thea> They're vulnerable to wind, right?

<DiablotinNarrator> that is the theory! they're fine-sized creatures

<Thea> I'll cast summon monster V to get a couple of air mephits.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> they arrive at the next turn? or this turn, I forget.

<TinyZola> arrive at beginning of next turn and can act then

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<TinyZola> pretty sure

<DiablotinNarrator> Veren's up next then - he's nauseated so I assume he'll just use his move action to move out of the swarm?

<Hettienne> yeah it takes the full round to summon them ... I remember that well ;)

<Thea> ("It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn.", but the casting time is one round, so, yeah, next turn.)

<Danys Marrow> yes

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola's turn, then

<Danys Marrow> alas Veren has all kinds of stuff he coudl do here if he weren't nauseated :p

<TinyZola> I ... pass I have no idea I fly up a bit though

<DiablotinNarrator> Danys, then

  • Danys Marrow is going to move/ dismiss her windwalk, and entabgle, just trying to find a good spot

<Danys Marrow> I cant get all of the lower swarm without getting lathra :/

<DiablotinNarrator> I thought it takes 5 rounds to get rid of the wind walk?

<Danys Marrow> it takes 5 rounds to change forms but I can dismiss it at will

<Hettienne> (dismiss is different)

<DiablotinNarrator> ah okay

<Danys Marrow> I then can't change back though

<DiablotinNarrator> nod

<Danys Marrow> I can entagle Lathra or thea ;p

<Lathra> I vote Thea :P

<Danys Marrow> if i get lathra, i can get all of both swarms ;p entagle why are you so big :p

<DiablotinNarrator> okay.. so where are you entangling?

<TinyZola> Just entangle Lathra :V

<Danys Marrow> I am having trouble navigatint the tools to even make an aura to fogure out how big it will be :p

<Eletheni> on my turn I use my single move action to fly up and towards anyone who needs a lift

<Thea> Does entangle interfere with spellcasting? Because, if not, entangle me, whatevs.

<TinyZola> What shape is it?

<Danys Marrow> I can do a 40 ft radius area but my screen is not big enough for me to draw that :p

<Lathra> I'm ok with being entangled :)

<DiablotinNarrator> like that?

<Danys Marrow> yes but not there centereed there-ish that's not the same shape or else I'm stupid :p whatever rthough its fine

<DiablotinNarrator> okay.. I'm sorry, I'm not sure what the problem is like, I can move that circle... where do you want it?

<Lathra> You can ping the center maybe?

<DiablotinNarrator> you said 40- ft diameter, right? er, radius

<Danys Marrow> the problem is I can;t remember how to draw it myself to move it where I want it radius

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Danys Marrow> yes

<DiablotinNarrator> but is the one I drew okay? I mean, I can move it for you

<Danys Marrow> I want to get the top two swarms as much as I can and aas frew people on the edges as possible yes

<DiablotinNarrator> like that? that doesn't hit Silver or Clovani, and does hit the two swarms

<Danys Marrow> sure

<DiablotinNarrator> okay Anny's turn - I just want to get through this round before we stop

<Hettienne> Anny will fly up in the air and cast greater aggressive thundercloud on the lowermost swarm (there is a reflex save but I can't remember how to calculate it ;_;) (the dc I mean)

<DiablotinNarrator> spell level + her relevant attribute bonus + 10

<Hettienne> (19 then)

<Danys Marrow> ppl in the entangle get a savce as well

<Hettienne> (she has elemental boost)

<Danys Marrow> (dc on the reflex save for the etangle is 15), and unless you move out you have to roll again at the end of your turn)

<TinyZola> reloading--- I think my map is stale

<DiablotinNarrator> fail, so roll for damage on the swarm

<Hettienne> (it hangs out for 10 rounds :D)

<DiablotinNarrator> cool

<Hettienne> (is there a pog we can use for it? she can move it, sort of like the flaming sphere) (5')

<Lathra> (Entangle save)

<TinyZola> I still see the entangle circle as being on the top two dudes not the lower too

<Danys Marrow> that's right cat

<TinyZola> ok What was your DC again?

<Danys Marrow> 15 but if you;re flying it doens't mattter

<TinyZola> It's 40' tall

<Danys Marrow> and it is difficult terrain

<TinyZola> I'm pretty sure?

<Danys Marrow> oh so it is >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Clovani's turn I think?

<DiablotinNarrator> is he going to fly himself?

<Danys Marrow> cat - actually it doesn't say? I assume not though? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/entangle

<TinyZola> default shape for a burst/emanation/spread is a sphere

<Danys Marrow> Julie - I'm not sure who you are asking?

<DiablotinNarrator> why wouldn't it say sphere then? Anny's spell says sphere for instance.

<Danys Marrow> re: clovani

<DiablotinNarrator> I thought Josh was playing him?

<TinyZola> no idea, I could be wrong

<Danys Marrow> ahh okay

  • Danys Marrow didn't know

<TinyZola> I tried looking and didn't find anything concrete except for that >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> anyway, I just need to get through this, so ... he'll Fly.

<Thea> Oh, right. I offered, I just wasn't sure if you wanted me to. Fly seems good.

<DiablotinNarrator> it's going to swarm over to Aux

<Danys Marrow> that seems like a poor life choise, swarm, I'm just saying

<DiablotinNarrator> swarm isn't very smart

<Danys Marrow> I'm not complaining :V

<DiablotinNarrator>14 damage on Aux - Elentheni's turn

<Eletheni> up up up up!

<Silver> (is it cold iron or evil?)

<Eletheni> that's my single move action, up

<DiablotinNarrator> do you want to grab Veren?

<Danys Marrow> he's okay

<DiablotinNarrator> he's not flying

<Eletheni> if Veren needs grabbing, then sure

<DiablotinNarrator> idk, up to Heather

<Danys Marrow> he's just going to cat darkness and spirit walk on his turn anyway >.>

<TinyZola> Kitty also saves versus druid entangle

<DiablotinNarrator> if he is okay, then no problems

<Eletheni> kk

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra's turn I assume Lathra flies up? she did make her save afaik

<Lathra> I fly up after putting down a teeny tiny bomb in the square to the east

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Lathra> Detonates at the end of my turn hitting adjacent squares

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - what does it do?

<Lathra> Er, my sneak attack

<DiablotinNarrator> if that's physical damage, no it doesn't

<Lathra> I imagine it is

<DiablotinNarrator> I was just checkign there wasn't some kind of gas bomb or area of effect thing you were doing. if it's just a bomb that blows up and does damage, it doesn't hurt them.

<Lathra> kk

<Thea> (But it is nice and wacky)

<Danys Marrow> it physical, but ui don't think it counts a s weapon damage

<Silver> its fire damage its like an alchemists bomb

<TinyZola> huzzah!

<DiablotinNarrator> that was my question

<Silver> (assuming he is using the bomber rogue talent)

<Danys Marrow> yeah afaik those are the only bombs in the game

<Lathra> Yeah, I am. Sorry, assumed fire damage was physical. 15 years, still a d&d noob

<Silver> if you dont make an attack roll, the damage is only minimum though (ie splash damage)

<DiablotinNarrator> I don't think you can sneak attack a swarm? I'm trying to see specifically you can't flank or crit a swarm

<Danys Marrow> it isn;t sneak attak, that's just the amount of damage it does

<DiablotinNarrator> -_- just roll the damage

<Danys Marrow> we're all tired and frazzeld and communication uncrealy

<DiablotinNarrator> I have guests coming in less than an hour and need to get ready :p and literally al lI want to do is get through this round. one round.

<Lathra> It's 4 I guess, since it'll be all splash damage.

<DiablotinNarrator> 4 fire?

<Lathra> Yup

<DiablotinNarrator> does B have anything to do?

<TinyZola> nope

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, then that's the end of the round I have to go, later folks