Diablotin 3 session 32

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 32 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: March 20, 2016
Diablotin date: End Fourth-month

Prologue

Tits gives Aubrienne something to keep her safe

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, Tits needs to talk to you before you go off on your crazy adventure ;)

<Aubrienne> All right

<Aubrienne> Where?

<DiablotinNarrator> maybe her place, after work? I have lost all track of when all these things are happening ;)

<Aubrienne> Yeah, I was about to ask when as well, but I wasn't sure we could really say. :p

  • Aubrienne can meet her after work, then. :)
  • Titania just wants to grab 10 minutes with you.... well maybe 20. depends on how this goes ;)

<Aubrienne> Heh

<Titania> You're really set on doing this? Like, should I bother to take the time trying to talk you out of it?

<Aubrienne> I appreciate the thought, but I don't see how I can't try to help.

  • Titania sighs

<Titania> I figured you'd say that.

<Titania> We can take that part as given - the part where I want you to stay and not get hurt.

  • Aubrienne will take your hand and give it as reassuring a squeeze as possible under the circumstances.
  • Titania squeezes your hand in return

<Aubrienne> Well, you can also take it as a given that I will be as careful as possible so I can come back to you.

  • Titania smiles a little at that

<Titania> There's something I thought of, that I could give you to help with that whole not getting hurt part.

  • Titania has to let go of your hand for a moment to pull off one of her rings
  • Titania offers the plain silver band to you
  • Aubrienne takes it tentatively.

<Aubrienne> If this is some kind of protective item, sweetie, don't you need it?

<Aubrienne> I know I'm going into danger, but the city might be in trouble, too.

<Titania> If the whole city's in danger, this isn't going to help me that much. But maybe it can help you do what you need to do.

<Titania> It's a ring of invisibility.

<Aubrienne> Though, I don't want to seem ungrateful for a beautiful woman offering me a ring. ;)

<Aubrienne> Oh!

<Aubrienne> I really don't know what to say.

<Aubrienne> Thank you doesn't quite seem like enough.

<Titania> Say you're coming back.

<Aubrienne> I'm coming back.

<Titania> all right

<Aubrienne> Whatever it takes.

<Titania> I'm going to hold you to that.

  • Titania pulls you close for a kiss
  • Aubrienne happily returns it


Argent shares magic items with the rest of the party (mostly OOC talk)

<DiablotinNarrator> Some of you have items to dispense, because it's Merry Ratmas!

<Denise> :D

  • Argent nods
  • Zola has cigarettes and booze

<Denise> Sorry Argent, I only had 4 :(

<Zola> He got some from Danyel

<Denise> well then ;p

<Zola> I'm pretty sure

<Zola> not like that :|

<Argent> really I got some from Briony, so its not bad

<Denise> 'kk

<Denise> what did you get?

<Argent> Bracers of Armor +2... for someone who doesnt have armor

<Argent> A Bane Baldric, which I'm keeping

<Zola> I ... have leather armour

<Argent> Marty's Tears, which I'm going to asssume are fully charged by now, for someone who cant heal already

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, it's charged

<Zola> What a mundane sounding item name

<Aubrienne> Marty's Tears? ;)

<Argent> 2 Rings of Protections (I swiped one) so 1 ring for somebdy

<DiablotinNarrator> (Martyr's... they are not the tears of some guy named Marty :)

<Dorien> I have no armor >.>

<Argent> Martyr's Tear

<Zola> oh that makes so much more sense

<Argent> sigh

<Aubrienne> It lets you travel through time, but only if you're very sad.

<Denise> heee

<Zola> hee

<Argent> haha

<Dorien> lol

<Denise> does an RoP stack with armor?

<Argent> yes

<Zola> Yes, it's deflection

<Argent> and a bunch of potions

<Dorien> Can I has the bracers?

<Zola> I was thinking of younking that one but it's probably better for Denise

<Denise> if it stacks with mage armour, then yes please!

<Argent> 6 cure light, 2 cure mod, 2 shield of faith (+2 deflection), and 1 neutralize poison

<Aubrienne> Oh, that's right, I can give someone a temporary spell tattoo.

<Aubrienne> Need to figure out the best thing for that.

<Zola> I still have 1 cure light left over from the last trip

<Argent> if nobody else needs em, I kinda assumed the sorcerors would just mage armor themselves.

<Zola> What can you do with the spell tats Aubrienne?

<DiablotinNarrator> I don't think Gen has any armor either...

<Dorien> oh

<Aubrienne> Any of my spells, Cat

<Zola> Lets us cast it instead of you?

<Zola> or delays effect until we want it?

<DiablotinNarrator> I mean, it's okay, just C isn't weighing in so I wanted to make sure Gen isn't overlooked either in all of this :)

<Argent> its like a scroll

<Dorien> yeah

<Aubrienne> Yeah, it's like a scroll

<Zola> and C is a healy type

<Aubrienne> So it uses my levels and such

<Zola> so the bracers might be better for her

<Aubrienne> I've got Shield and Mage Armor, so those are possibilities.

<Zola> dunno

<Zola> I don't have MA but I did foolishly buy myself armour :P

<Dorien> Ok, Gen can have the bracers, then

<Aubrienne> Beast Shape I, Invisibility, Circle of Invisibility...

<Dorien> Is there anything left, then?

<Hettienne> I have like 1 pt armor >.>

<Hettienne> but I'm (ideally) only ranged

  • Zola has 2 pt :V

<Genevriel> yeah, no armour

<DiablotinNarrator> what was the thing you were giving to Hettie, Heather?

<Hettienne> oh I lied it's 2.

<DiablotinNarrator> the cape?

<Argent> for all you non-casters, leather armor is 10 gp... I'll buy it for you if you want, assuming your dex bonus isnt already greater than 6

<Denise> the dire rat cloak thingy

<Denise> yeah

<Zola> ok, 6 cure lights go to... aubrienne, hugo, dorien, denise, misery.... who are the other NPCs?

<Zola> we're forgetting NPCs

<DiablotinNarrator> Misery isn't going

<Dorien> ptPretty sure I can wear leather

<Zola> npcs are crunchier if anything

<Zola> ok

<Zola> oh

<Zola> Margeaux?

<Zola> I thought I saw Dorien made up Misery

<Zola> for going

<DiablotinNarrator> Margaux, Enver, and Nycki are the NPCs goign

<Argent> yeah she's coming, and she's farrrrr from crunchie

<Aubrienne> Heather said Enver's AC isn't great, so he might could use a potion

<DiablotinNarrator> he did make her, but we decided sh was too smart to go ;p

<Denise> yeah

<Genevriel> +2 bracers?

<Genevriel> cool thanks

<Zola> also he's fighty

<Zola> so a potion to him and misery

<Denise> yeah

<Zola> er nycki

<Zola> lol Julie

<Genevriel> I went with no armour because a) poor and b) people didn't really wear armour in the 1920s, except for army helmets.

<Dorien> Yay! My AC is all of 16 :D

<Dorien> Man, I'm gonna die

<Argent> nobody has great AC here

<Zola> Just don't get mush-shot

<Dorien> heh

<Denise> man we have like nothign that protects against charms >.>

<Zola> CURE LIGHTS: aubrienne, hugo, dorien, denise, nycki and enver.

<Zola> that make sense?

<Argent> circle of protection does

<Denise> *nod*

<Argent> yes sounds good

<Denise> good

<Zola> cure mod : Argent, Denise

<Zola> ?

<Zola> unless you already listed potions minus what you claimed :P

<Argent> ok

<Argent> no did not claim any potions

<Aubrienne> Julie, Aubrienne got the Prot spells from Gelinn, right?

<DiablotinNarrator> yes

<DiablotinNarrator> that's fine

<Argent> shield of faiths can go to front liners with no deflection bonus

<Aubrienne> Cool

<Zola> Lathra, Gen or Zola should have the neutralize poison so it can be given to who needs it?

<Dorien> Dorien is immune to poisons :P

<Dorien> So hah

<Zola> well congrats

<Genevriel> My AC is a massive 14 so don't feel bad, Dodo

<Dorien> or at least resistant

<Dorien> I forget

<Dorien> heh

<Zola> You should probably confirm :P

<Dorien> only resistant :P

<Dorien> +4

<Argent> thats pretty good

<Dorien> Not bad

<Argent> give the neut poison to Lathra

<DiablotinNarrator> I believe you guys were also securing gas masks, so that may help if there is more spores/inhaled poisons

<Genevriel> I can cast neutralize poison so it's probably a better strategy for someone who isn't me to have it

<Argent> She's coming fight?

<Denise> yes

<Denise> Ian just isn't here yet

<Zola> Are there any Lv1 anti-charm spells Terry?

<Genevriel> That way we can potentially treat a poisoned person faster - whichever one of us is closest can take care of them

<Argent> Did we agree to give Denise the ring of prot +1

<Denise> I think so?

<Zola> Yes

<Argent> Other than protection from spells, no

<Zola> because it didn't stack

<Aubrienne> Protection from Evil should...yeah

  • Zola isn't sure COPs are Zola's style, or even an option

<Dorien> So Dorien is just taking a cure light potion, then? Just making sure.

<Argent> lv 2 there is a supress charms and compulsions spell, cleric

<Denise> does RoP add to touch AC?

<Denise> no?

<Argent> yes

<Argent> and CMD

<Denise> oooh

<Zola> Who else gets a Prot Ring?

<Zola> Argent / Enver / Nycki?

<Zola> Or one of the mobile people for healing?

<Zola> in case of AOO?

<Argent> I was greedy and kept it

<Zola> oh hah

<Zola> well that's settled :3

<Denise> ...

<Denise> my CDM is 27

<Dorien> Do any of us have magic weapons?

<Denise> I count as magic

<Zola> I was thinking of the shields of faith potions being left over

<Denise> Hettie does

<Denise> Enver does

<Argent> I do

<Denise> Nycki does

<Argent> Margaux does

<Dorien> Oh, ok

<Zola> I have ... cold iron? :P

  • Denise *also* has cold iron knuckles
  • Genevriel has fire spells

<Denise> if it comes to that

<Genevriel> Those will go over well with plant and fungus faeries

<Genevriel> especially considering Seda Grove

<Denise> seda grove was trees

<Denise> which are notoriously flammable, yes

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, I would assume you can have made up more of your exfoliating bombs :)

<Genevriel> trees are plants

<Argent> Give the shield of faiths some of the back line people... honestly they're not that great... short duration, wont stack with rings or circles of protection.

<DiablotinNarrator> everyone will have such smooth skin

<Zola> hee

<Argent> haha

<Dorien> There's not actually rules for stockpiling them. I just make them as I need them. But if you want to say I have some of the exfoliant on hand, I'm down :)

<Denise> * Dorien starts Lush

<Denise> (It;'s named for his cousin)

<DiablotinNarrator> hah

<Dorien> hee

<Argent> lol

<Argent> we havent handed out the Tears

<Denise> whayt do they do?

<Argent> Right now they do a one shot heal of 18 HP.

<Zola> give them to ... hugo or aubrienne?

<DiablotinNarrator> They're a resuable healing item. You can put up to 18 of your own HP into them, then transfer those to someone else. But right now it's full.

<Argent> but you can recharge them.

<Zola> hugo

<Aubrienne> Yeah, Hugo

<Zola> because he's more likely to not have a useful spell at any particular point?

<Zola> >_>

<Zola> like me, but I can cure light

<Zola> :P

<Dorien> heh

<DiablotinNarrator> I like to think you're using Danyel's HP ;p

<Argent> haha

<Genevriel> I wonder what effect my salt shot would have on fungus?

<Zola> shielf of daith to hugo

<Genevriel> It would change osmotic potential in the mycelium and hasten their desiccation

<Zola> and to ... dorien or aubrienne

<Genevriel> But I suspect game mechanics don't get that detailed :)

  • Zola goes without anything *sniffsniff*

<Argent> hugo has stuff from his family, Zola can take the tears

<Zola> ok

<Dorien> Can I have it? I don't actually have anything else.

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah, Hugo got a snazzy ring and a cloak

<DiablotinNarrator> which, I will have you know, has a lion's mane attached

<Dorien> The other one, that is

<Zola> oh so dorien and aubrienne can have the shields of faith?

<Zola> lol

<Dorien> heh

<Aubrienne> I don't think I need one?

<Zola> ok I take it

<Dorien> So me and Zola?

<Aubrienne> With Shield and Mage Armor, I end up with like 22 AC

<Aubrienne> Which seems all right.

<Denise> better than mine

<Argent> probably one of our highest

<DiablotinNarrator> Heather, who was taking the slippers?

<Denise> me!

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> just checking :)

<Zola> also you can give me the shield tat if you want Aubrienne :3

<Aubrienne> Yeah, I can do that

<Denise> 5ft steps over difficult terrain seem really useful for denise

<Zola> so I just cast it like a scroll?

<Argent> yep, is your UMD good, since its not on your spell list?

<Zola> and it lasts for 7 mins

<Aubrienne> I've got 5 first level spells, 2 for me, I can use Shield for you, Mage Armor for Dor, and save a Prot. Evil just in case

<Zola> oh

<Aubrienne> Yeah, Cat

<Zola> only +11

<Zola> :/

<Zola> I don't know how high it has to be

<Dorien> I can cast shield, I don't think that stacks with Mage armor

<Argent> 20+ caster level is the DC for a scroll

<Zola> :V

<Aubrienne> Pretty sure it does. Two different types of bonuses.

<Zola> nm

<Dorien> oh, ok, then

<Argent> yeah shield and mage armor stack

<Denise> mmmm

<Zola> well then dorien can shield me

<Zola> or you

<Zola> I guess :P

<Dorien> I can't

<Dorien> My spels can only effect me

<Zola> omg you alchemists are useless

<Denise> meeee1

<Dorien> Perils of being an alchemist :P

<Argent> only Dorien can shield other people if he has the right discovery

<Denise> also I have mage armour from my tattoo but uit only lasts an hour

<Dorien> Which I do not

<Denise> ahh

<Aubrienne> Shield only ffects you anyway.

<Aubrienne> It's a personal effect.

<Zola> oh

<Zola> hah

<Zola> nm :V

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - are we pretty set on who is getting what?

<Aubrienne> It seems like it?

<DiablotinNarrator> is there anyone who is totally without items?

<Denise> I think so

<Argent> I've got nothing left to give

<DiablotinNarrator> (magic items I mean)

<Dorien> other than potions?

<Dorien> Me

  • Zola has potions?

<Argent> Potions should not count

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah, not counting potions

<Denise> Lathra?

<Zola> We loaded Argent and Denise up with a lot :P

<Denise> we're your front line

<Zola> Yeah, wasn't a criticism

<DiablotinNarrator> that's fair, I just don't want other people to wind up dead :)

<Dorien> heh

  • Zola has fair HP >_>

<Denise> I think Lathra is the only one with no magic items

<Dorien> And me

<DiablotinNarrator> and Dorien

  • Zola could use like a blink or blur scroll or something

<Genevriel> Do we have an idea of approximately how long this adventure might take us?

<Zola> or mirror imagey type stuff

<DiablotinNarrator> I don't think anyone would be planning on it taking longer than a day max?

  • Zola eyes Phobos staring into the trashcan she knocked over
  • Genevriel would have to tell Sylvise that she will be gone and she ought to be back by x o'clock so that Sylvise doesn't assume she has drunk herself into oblivion in an alley somewhere...
  • Zola gives noren extra lovin's to tide him over

<DiablotinNarrator> Anyone without a magic item, please help yourself to either a ring of protection +1 or a cloak of +1 as you prefer

  • Dorien kisses Misery goodbye and promises he'll be careful

<DiablotinNarrator> we'll just say Danyel scrounged them up from somewhere ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> cloak of resistance +!, that is

<DiablotinNarrator> +1 -_-

<Dorien> heh

<Argent> I would suggest the cloaks

<Dorien> Hmmmm, tough choice...

<Dorien> Yeah, probably a good idea.

  • Zola takes a cloak for fort >_>

<Argent> +1 saves would be more useful especially if your AC isn't that great to start with

<Dorien> Can it be a lab coat of resistance? ^.^

<DiablotinNarrator> lol

<DiablotinNarrator> ... sure, why not

<Dorien> heeee

<Argent> thats awsome

<Zola> lol

<Zola> I did kinda wonder if Alma would ever get into magic item making but I figured she'd never have time

<Zola> "I just need six months off to make myself a really nice crystal ball"

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, let's get underway :)

<Denise> woot

The intrepid party enters the sewers

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably not a surprise that we'll need roll20 today, feel free to load that up)

<DiablotinNarrator> your dudes are all in the upper left corner, if you need to make adjustments/edits or whatever

  • Enver has done some info gathering on where under the Shade might be a potential hiding place for Amanita

<Dorien> If you double click on your peeps you can set your hit bars, so we can see where everyone is at life-wise.

  • Zola is still not entirely sure this is a great idea, but based on all the muckity-mucks people have been talking to seemingly not having told us we're stupid and crazy, has shown up all geared up.

<Enver> There's a place... I ain't explored it too much, but it's a big cavern, an' it's got some kinda ... well, I dunno if it's a temple, 'cause I don't think we had those exactly, but it's got some kinda stone building in it.

<Enver> An' I think it'd be real close to where those trees are growin'

<Denise> huh

<Enver> That'd be my first guess on where to start, anyway

<Aubrienne> Seems as good a place as any.

  • Argent nods
  • Zola is in sensible footwear :|
  • Denise is wearing silk slippers.... *inside* her boots ;p
  • Dorien has leather armor under his lab coat and his hair is actually combed for once.
  • Denise is covered head to to toe though, and has a gas mask hanging around her neck

<Hettienne> You got any more o' those? :p

<Hettienne> You got any more o' those? :p

  • Argent will hand out masks for people
  • Dorien will take one warily.

<Hettienne> Swell...

<Denise> Argent got 'em :3

  • Hettienne hangs hers around her neck as well.

<Hettienne> Thanks.

<Zola> I suppose this isn't a bad idea...

<Hettienne> Ain't we fashionable!

<Denise> yeah

  • Zola will also position her gas mask around her neck

<Denise> messes with smell though

<Denise> or I'd keep it on >../

<Zola> I'm sure we'd be the talk of the town -_-

  • Dorien will go ahead and put his on. Dorien has no sense of smell after all the chemicals and cigarettes :3

<Aubrienne> Trench-chic

<Denise> heh

<Genevriel> There was nothing 'chic' about the trenches.

  • Genevriel takes a gas mask reluctantly because memories.

<Aubrienne> It was a...sorry.

<Genevriel> It's all right.

<Aubrienne> I joke when I'm nervous...or terrified.

<Genevriel> Soldiers do, too.

  • Dorien turns to Aubrienne.

<Dorien> How do I look?

<Genevriel> You need to adjust the straps, Dorien. Looks like your seal isn't perfect. Which means the mask is useless.

<Aubrienne> You look like the villain on a pulp cover, Dor.

<Genevriel> If anyone wants some help adjusting things, please let me know.

  • Genevriel expertly fits hers to her face. :P

<Aubrienne> Maybe you could show me how this works.

  • Aubrienne looks at the mask dubiously.
  • Genevriel will teach anyone who needs it.
  • Dorien awkwardly pulls on the straps
  • Denise had Ander show her probably >.>
  • Genevriel will run any of the people who want lessons through it to the point where she is confident they can do it themselves.
  • Zola spends a lot of time prestidigitating herself clean... also hugo

<Zola> (oh, reading up, Zola totally would take a lesson >_>)

The intrepid party kills mushrooms and rescues Amanita

<DiablotinNarrator> Enver will let you know there are two entrances that he knows of to this cavern - so you can position yourselves either in the hallway you're all crowding in there, or in the one that's a bit to the right

  • Zola goes home to chill with Bastien

<DiablotinNarrator> or you can all go in from one side, that's up to you

<Zola> Maybe we should split up so that we spill into the room in a more timely way

<Argent> we should do teams

<Dorien> Divide and conquer or strength in numbers?

<Zola> The entrances are close to each other yes? So we should split

<Dorien> ok

<Zola> We'll be like 20-30' apart I think... unless Enver wants to correct us

<DiablotinNarrator> no that's about right. more like 30-40 maybe, but not really far.

<Zola> Yeah 20' is pretty small on here... now that I relook :P But still, close.

<Argent> Who's with me

<Zola> Send hugo over with me. Technically if I knew about her aura I might go the other side but... ehn :P

<Dorien> Red rover, red rover, send Hugp over

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm just putting you guys beside the tunnel for right now, but I'll assume you're behind

<Zola> Send us ... Hettie and Nycki? Or Gen and Dorien?

<DiablotinNarrator> maybe send one of Lathra or Gen over, as they're your best healers? keep a healer on each side

<Dorien> yeah

<Argent> well take Lathra

<Zola> We good, or one more?

<DiablotinNarrator> also - if anyone wants to cast spells, now would be a time to do that

<Dorien> All mine are 1 min/level :(

<Zola> shoot, I do have Good Hope but that should be cast on the group NOT closest to Argent >_>

  • Denise will activate her mage armour - lemme know when it runs out and I'll beg for a new one ;p

<Argent> hit me with some heroism :)

<Genevriel> I am only seeing a small fragment of game board

<Aubrienne> Okay, so, Mage Armor for Dor

<Genevriel> Only one hallway

<Aubrienne> Mage Armor and Shield for me

<Dorien> Oh, thanks

<DiablotinNarrator> you should be seeing two hallways

<Genevriel> Everything else is blacked out

<DiablotinNarrator> most of it should be blacked out

<Denise> you can scross the map, nd/or adjust the zzoom, C

<Genevriel> I assumed that was on purpose for a Civ fog-of-war type effect

<Zola> how many minutes would I lose on a spell if Zola casts it on the other group?

<DiablotinNarrator> decrease your size if you can't see both hallways on the screen?

<Aubrienne> Anyone want invisibility? Maybe Gen, if she's healing on our side?

<Zola> and non-offensive

  • Zola can vanish if she needs it. Might be good for hugo? What does Hugo cast on us Julie?

<Dorien> invisibility is 1 minute/level won't last long

<Argent> I'll have see invis and resist acid on myself

<Genevriel> Gen can be offensive; it just won't be lethal damage. :)

<Dorien> I can be offensive. Oh... you mean damage

<Zola> I'll just cast Good Hope once we begin combat

<DiablotinNarrator> well, I figure Hugo will cast Mage Armor and Eagle's Splendor on himself, and he could slap a Heroism on someone if they want it

<Aubrienne> Julie, I don't want to make things more complicated, but I was thinking of making some Major Images of some soldiers to provide some targets that aren't us.

<Zola> gimme splendour baby

  • Zola makes smewchy face

<Aubrienne> Or would that be more than we need to deal with? ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> no, that's okay if you want. Cat - he can do Eagle's Splendor on you too, sure

<Zola> :3:3:3

<Argent> ill take heroism

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Aubrienne> Oh, can I get an Eagle's Splendor? It ups my offensive stuff, oddly.

<Argent> and margaux

<DiablotinNarrator> Heroism for Margaux?

  • Zola casts Heroism on Denise

<Argent> yes please

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Zola> And Hettie

<DiablotinNarrator> So Hugo has cast 3 Eagle's Splendor (on himself, Zola, and Aubrienne), Mage Armor on himself, and Heroism on Argent and Margaux. that is probably about his limit if he wants to have anything left for later ;)

<Denise> yay!

<Dorien> Dorien will hop over to even out the sides. He still doesn't trust hettie :P

<Aubrienne> Thanks :)

<Zola> hee

<Genevriel> I can cast Astute Fighting on someone when he get into a fight - it only lasts for 1 round/caster level, though, so no sense castign it now

<Hettienne> good riddance

<Dorien> :P

<Argent> its ok roomie, I still love you

<DiablotinNarrator> One other question - what light sources do you guys have? Not everyone can see in the dark :)

<Dorien> heh Can I have some glowsticks made up?

<Genevriel> LIGHT SPELL! sorry all caps

<Dorien> lol

  • Genevriel attacks the darkness

<Zola> Zola would have a flashlight But whatever sticks would be good

<Aubrienne> Light is a cantrip...

<DiablotinNarrator> You can have glowsticks, sure

<Aubrienne> So, I can light up our hallway. Oh, so can Gen

<Dorien> cool

<Aubrienne> Derp Losing track of who's where

<DiablotinNarrator> Are you guys all in the order you want to be in?

<Zola> Can we have some light pebbles too, Aubrienne?

<Lathra> Hey everyone :)

<Zola> oh only one at a time

<Aubrienne> Sure

<Zola> because cantrip

<Dorien> I can hand out glowsticks.

<Genevriel> Light is an 'orison' for me. ;) But I can cast it as often as I want and it will last 70 minutes each time

<Aubrienne> Lights for everyone!

<Dorien> Zola can rave

<Denise> Enver and I are good, anhyway

  • Zola takes glowsticks then :3

<Lathra> I can cast up to level 4 now, but I still don't really know what I'm doing with the pathfinder cleric spells so I'm mostly gonna be looking for chances to drop buffs, shields or heals. Also shoot stuff

<DiablotinNarrator> (brb because my dog is being a butt since he didn't get lunch - carry on with sorting yourselves out ;)(someone let Ian know what Lathra got)

<Lathra> I got a cloak, I think?

<Hettienne> dogbuns :3

<Dorien> First sign of combat I'm casting reduce person on myself >.>

<Argent> Lathra could hit someone in our group with circle of protection from evil

<Zola> I'm gonna cast Tap Inner Beauty on myself since it'll work on my perform checks in case I have to counter stuff >_>

<Lathra> Cool, I'll keep that in mind thanks!

<Dorien> I will actually have a reduce person potion prepared so I can swig it as a free action

<DiablotinNarrator> back

<Zola> Terry, Zola will let you tell her when to start singing :V Since you're up front

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - people who are at the head of the lines, so that would be Denise and Argent, can make Perception rolls (I moved Enver back behind his girl ;)

<Dorien> heh

<Hettienne> what about scent?

<Zola> .oO( Zola's perfume... that's Eau de Cerise isn't it? )

<DiablotinNarrator> this is more of a visual thing

<Denise> oh, i forgot my heroism mine shoudl be 23

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

  • Zola makes sure Hettie knows she has heroism

<Argent> im in front for a reason

<Denise> I'm in front for a different reason ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, on your side, you can see that the tunnel is opening up into a larger area, which matches with what Enver said to expect. You can also see up ahead some large fungus growths. Argent, you can see the same on your side, and you recognize them as that kind of fungus that start screaming when you get too close or get light on them.

<Lathra> Ok I'll set up that Magic circle against evil

<Hettienne> (I think a bunch of us have experience with those)

<Denise> (yeah)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes but only some of you can see them yet

<Argent> Screaching fungus ahead

  • Denise will wave Enver up to come have a look?

<Aubrienne> (I could also do Circle against evil if we want it for our side)

  • Zola >_> .oO( Yuck )

<Genevriel> That's my light spell

<Zola> Fill in your HP Argent

<DiablotinNarrator> Enver will say the same, they'll start to scream if anyone gets too close, so maybe someone can zap them with a spell or shoot them or something

<Argent> I did

<Zola> k

<Genevriel> Look at you, aww, just on the edges of my first 20 feet of full light

<Argent> Ill deal with them...

<Hettienne> Lemme see if I can get a shot...

<Argent> Its going to get real quiet

  • Argent Lundi will cast silence on himself, then sneak in and dispatch the fungus
  • Genevriel will stand back so her light doesn't fall on them...

<Hettienne> (Denise and Enver need to give me a shot tho)

<Genevriel> Well, my dimmer light is already falling on them

<DiablotinNarrator> the source of the light has to be within 10 feet of them, so you're fine

<Zola> Also they're around rock corners from you

<Genevriel> true

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay Argent, you can go up with Silence on and kill some fungus

<Lathra> I'll put it on Argent - 10ft protection from evil

  • Denise can also shoot one

<Hettienne> tell me when to roll :) unless someone has a quieter idea

<Argent> (ill cancel silence once they are dispatched)

<DiablotinNarrator> OKay - Argent, when you get close, the fungus also sends out some kind of mental blast

<Lathra> Oh wait, we have to stay in range to keep the protection, doesn't come back apparently? But it lasts for 70 minutes, so either I save it or we have to stay bunched up.

<Zola> Save it?

<Lathra> Sure

<Zola> Or you could cast another?

<DiablotinNarrator> everyone within 30 feet of the first one you went to needs to make a Will save

<Dorien> That's all of us in that tunnel :P

<DiablotinNarrator> this is mind-affecting and charm, if people have bonuses to that

<Zola> Is it: Charms & Compulsions OR Bardic performance, sonic, or language dependant OR Mind-affecting

<Denise> we're just gonna shoot ours ;p

<Zola> oh you just answered

  • Denise puts on her gasmask ;p
  • Aubrienne Romilly will do the same. :p
  • Zola got a 40 :3

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah the DC was not 40

<Dorien> o.O

<Hettienne> (samesies)

<DiablotinNarrator> OKay, looks like you all made it so basically you just feel a wave of mental energy pass over you and dissipate harmlessly

<DiablotinNarrator> is that for you to stab the fungus?

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Argent> Stabby roll coming up (with fungus bane)

<DiablotinNarrator> it's a mushroom, and it's mindless and immobile, so it should be pretty easy ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll assume you can kill it

<Argent> (ok)

  • Dorien will stop you before you approach the second mushroom and hold up a flask and point at it and then the mushroom.

<Zola> Julie, when you have a sec can you enable Terry's aura/hp bar for us

<DiablotinNarrator> it was, but he hadn't filled in both sides

<Zola> Oh there it is derp

<Argent> sorry

<DiablotinNarrator> np

  • Argent Lundi will let Dorien bomb the other one from a safe distance
  • Dorien Voclain will lob a defoliant bomb at it, then

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> that'll hit

<DiablotinNarrator> it ded

<Zola> :o

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, on the other side, you guys are shooting yours?

<Denise> yup I'm shooting....

<DiablotinNarrator> kk, roll to hit

<DiablotinNarrator> you sniped that mushroom good

<DiablotinNarrator> that'll also hit

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, there's still some chunks of yours left that look a little alive ;p

<Denise> I ain't got it all :p

<DiablotinNarrator> you can try to shoot it again - nothing is (immediately) charging at you because of the gunshots

  • Denise will do
  • Denise is just using one shot and hoping ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> that was exactly enough :)

  • Denise moves up to look into this big room

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, let me describe what you're seeing

<Denise> ick!

<DiablotinNarrator> The floor of this room is uneven, so there are ledges - you're standing at the edge of one. They aren't big drop-offs, maybe between 3-5 feet, but you wouldn't want to trip over one in a fight

<Zola> I assume Denise is at the topmost level?

<DiablotinNarrator> yes. The lines are on the down side, if that makes sense.

<Zola> Yes

<Denise> topography wooh

<DiablotinNarrator> THere are some remains of some stone structures - over near Argent's side there are some walls visible, mostly ruined. Coming down from the ceiling - which isn't very high at that top level where Denise is, maybe only like 8-10 feet up - there are black, twisted tree roots in various places - Those are going to be difficult terrain to get through

<Denise> (woooh, not for me!)

<Dorien> (eeeeeeewwwww....)

<DiablotinNarrator> There are fungus patches growing in many places - the large ones such as over by Argent are areas where it's so overgrown and thick, it's also difficult terrain

<Lathra> Well now I wish I hadn't already eaten.

<DiablotinNarrator> like wading through waist-high mushrooms

<Zola> Ewwww

  • Lathra winks at Zola
  • Zola makes burning hands motions at them

<Zola> (Which also probably looks like someone mimicking piano playing)

<DiablotinNarrator> Anyone who wants to come out into this bigger area can also make Perception or Scent checks, which ever is better.

<Dorien> I need samples of.... like everything.

<Denise> (dramatic chord :V)

  • Zola will eventually filter into the main room

<Hettienne> ... nasty

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, good point - if you have your gas mask on already, you can't use Scent - unless you want to take it off of course

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make out that they're there - see their lights and so on

<Zola> Does Argent have his mask on?

<Argent> (yeah.. so does Margaux)

<Zola> Zola will put hers on then before she goes out into the room >_>

<Hettienne> (so does nycki)

  • Zola helps Hugo position his scarf around his mask

<Hettienne> (not lettin my prospective baby mama get shroomed)

<Genevriel> Do I need to hang back because of my light?

<DiablotinNarrator> okay is that all the rolls? Heather did you roll for Enver?

<Zola> You can just keep it in your pocket if you want :P

  • Genevriel asks, not sure if there might be more alarm mushroooms about.
  • Zola will roll Nature if there's anything worth knowing about

<Dorien> That's either really good or really bad.

<Zola> I think it's Hugo

<DiablotinNarrator> no, Hugo rolled a while back..

<Denise> for enver

<Dorien> ah

<Zola> Oh, huh >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> he got a 20

<Denise> he rolled crap, so whatever - too busy jammin on Denise's trench chic look ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Hettie is the only one who will notice this at first then - Hettie, you spot something sort of hanging tangled in the tree roots - a body. Can't tell if it's human or shadar kai or what anymore, it's rotting and gross

  • Hettienne hisses through her teeth

<Aubrienne> (craaaaaap)

<DiablotinNarrator> As you watch, it twitches and starts coming towards you guys

<Hettienne> Incoming... - Looks like a deader...

<Aubrienne> (Oh noes, fungdead)

<Zola> -_-

<DiablotinNarrator> Initiative

  • Genevriel will draw on her extensive knowledge of the natural world to try to identify what it might be and if it has any weaknesses, once she can see it.

<Denise> like that one we fight in the first world?

<Hettienne> In the what now?

<Dorien> (Is silence still up?)

<Denise> when we got Aubrienne's brother, we fougfht an undead... thing

<Argent> (no)

<Aubrienne> That thing was a lot bigger.

<Hettienne> This looks regular dead guy size

  • Denise Murodea nods and will move in to engage

<DiablotinNarrator> still missing Lathra and Hettie's inits

<Zola> Hettie got 17

<Lathra> I rolled up there, 7

<DiablotinNarrator> you can add them to the list yourself though :)

<Hettienne> I thought I did but I guess it didn't stick

  • Lathra: Sorry, didn't realize I could put it in myself

<Argent> have to hit enter

<DiablotinNarrator> if two people try to edit it at once, it will sometimes not work for one of them - Okay, Argent, you are first up

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent?

<Argent> (do I have any idea what these things are ---fungus/undead/whatever?)

<DiablotinNarrator> They seem like they're connected to the plant roots... they could be plant-based creatures, perhaps?

<Genevriel> (Will my K:Nature roll of 32 help me figure that out?)

  • Argent Lundi will step past Dorien, activate Judgement of Destruction, and searing light the one in the east corner

<Denise> (what not the one right besode you?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you think they are what's called Gallows Tree Zombies. Each one is connected to its respective tree by a 'noose'. They would once have been living creatures but now they're all but mindless parts of the tree that consumed them.

<Genevriel> If we sever the noose does that effectively eliminate the problem?

<Argent> Touch ac

<DiablotinNarrator> this one, Argent?

<Argent> yes

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - that hits the touch AC

<Argent> (damage is more if its undead and also more if its vulnerable to light... is it either)

<DiablotinNarrator> neither

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, you finished?

<Argent> Done

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen - you don't think that will destroy them, no

<Genevriel> ok, thanks

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, that one you just attacked shambles over to you, its vinelike noose trailing behind it, and breathes a cloud of spores at you as it attacks you with its 2 slams - I assume one hits, one doesn't?

<Argent> (yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> 9 damage, and because you have your gas mask, the spores do nothing

<Zola> yay

<DiablotinNarrator> that one is shambling over to attack Margaux

<Argent> (normally if you move more than 5 ft you don't get a second attack)

<DiablotinNarrator> I thought that guy only moved 5 feet? maybe he was over one further, sorry

<Argent> (its all the same in the end)

<DiablotinNarrator> that was my bad, then. I was thinking he started one square to the right of where he is now

<Argent> (its ok, first attack hit anyway)

<DiablotinNarrator> the spores are a free action though anyway ;)

<Argent> (I figured... now go beat on my GF)

<DiablotinNarrator> does that hit Margaux?

<Argent> yes, she's flat footed cause she hasnt acted.

<Argent> (nice hit)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - it's Hugo's turn next, and Steve just got here so let's hold for a moment where he gets online

<Hugo> hi folks! uhh ... yeah I will get Julie to let me know what's up.

<Genevriel> bio break brb

<Zola> trees are using corpses on leashes to attack us

<Aubrienne> What's Hugo's Dex?

<Hugo> 12

<DiablotinNarrator> oh yeah, Aubrienne might really go first

<Aubrienne> I think Aubrienne goes first then. - She's Dex 18

<DiablotinNarrator> there :)

<Aubrienne> So hopefully that buys some time :)* Aubrienne Romilly will cast Major Image and get us some illusory reinforcements to come down the hallway .

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Aubrienne> Mostly to try to keep zoms off of Enver and Denise up front for a round (or however long)

<DiablotinNarrator> alright - put 'em where you want :)

<Aubrienne> They'll run to there and level their weapons.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Aubrienne> That's it for me.

<DiablotinNarrator> kk

<Hugo> I'll try an Ear Piercing Scream on the one nearest to me.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Hettienne> so... Hugo screams like a girl?

<Genevriel> Hey now, none of your patriarchal anti-female sentiments here!;)

<Zola> Hugo screams like an empowered lady hwo don't need no man

<Hugo> also you don't hear it.

<Hettienne> lol

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen's turn

  • Genevriel will yell for the others' benefit: They're gallows tree zombies, completely plant based. Dorien, your bombs, maybe?
  • Genevriel will then do something, but just trying to figure out what, sec

<Dorien> (Is there any chance of knowing whether it might be more effective to attack the trees rather than the zombies?)

  • Genevriel will grit her teeth and cast flaming sphere but with non-lethal damage (using Merciful Spell)

<Zola> Good question

<DiablotinNarrator> well... the tree is going to be a lot harder to kill >.> and it isn't immediately a threat because you're near its roots, not its branches

<Dorien> ok

<DiablotinNarrator> it wouldn't be impossible but the zombies are a more immediate problem I think?

  • Genevriel needs a ball of fire.

<Dorien> Well, yes, I just thought killing them might deanimate the zombles or something ;) - Just checking

<DiablotinNarrator> there, a ball of fire

<Genevriel> Thanks but can I move it to where I would have cast it?

<DiablotinNarrator> yes

  • I don't know where that is :p

<Genevriel> Can it be right on a zombie?

<DiablotinNarrator> yes

<Genevriel> Well then, I guess that zombie gets to roll a reflex save (DC 15) and if it has SR it is in luck

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, it fails its save

<Genevriel> nonlethal - I think that's it for me?)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, all done?

<Genevriel> yeah

<DiablotinNarrator> That zombie is going ot move to there, slam an illusionary guy, and obviously have no effect

<Zola> I'm gonna assume Nycki's dex is higher than mine :(16)

<Hettienne> (20) I think she'll just shoot one to start, rather than wade in ahead of the beefies

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> that still hits touch so it's fine

<Argent> (and was a d8 instead of a d20)

<Hettienne> (ahahaha. so it was. lol) (good job, Nycki.)

<DiablotinNarrator> Nycki's all enh, I don't need to roll d20s, I can kill these suckers with d8s - anyway which one was that on?

<Hettienne> the one in front of the fireball

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Zola's turn

  • Zola begins Inspire Courage with a move action, and then casts Allegro

<Argent> Sing

<Zola> Yes, see my bubble is already up! - What's That other peachy aura over on the left

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Zola> I'm done

<DiablotinNarrator> I think Hettie has higher dex than Enver?

<Hettienne> (yas)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Hettie's turn

  • Hettienne draws and snipes the front zonbie.

<DiablotinNarrator> that'll hit

<DiablotinNarrator> that one drops

  • Enver will give Denise a confirming look before going up to the other zombie ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, crit

<Denise> remind me - do I double the whole roll or just the dice?

<Genevriel> Zola, the peachy aura is my light spell, the dimmer light part

<Argent> (dice and bonus)

<Zola> Gotcha

<Genevriel> I wasn't sure if it would matter for the people with darkvision, But figured it probably would

<Denise> most of us just have lowlght, so yeah, thanks

<DiablotinNarrator> you include the modifiers

  • Enver likes his new axes :)

<Denise> yes he does :3

<DiablotinNarrator> that one drops

  • Denise Murodea is so proud ;3

<DiablotinNarrator> Margaux's turn, or Dorien's? who has higher dex?

<Dorien> My dex is +4

<Argent> Dorien

<Dorien> cool - I will shoot the one in front of Margaux, then - And exclude her from the blast radius

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> does it need ot hit AC, or touch AC?

<Dorien> It's a regular pistol shot until it explodes, so I assume AC

<Denise> pistol is touch

<DiablotinNarrator> guns go off Touch

<Dorien> Oh

<Argent> (guns are touch)

<Dorien> Well then

<DiablotinNarrator> so yes, that'll hit

<Dorien> Sweet

<Aubrienne> (back, reading back)

<DiablotinNarrator> you killed it, though - it had already taken some from Hugo

  • Dorien Voclain high fives Hugo

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo and Dorien killed a thing together, who would have thought ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> Margaux's turn

  • Argent Lundi swift action heals herself with lay on hands and will move up and attack the Zombie next to Argent with her sword.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> 14 won't hit for AC, alas

<Argent> (figured)

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra or Denise, who has higher Dex?

<Denise> me I'm p. sure

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Denise's turn

<Denise> everything over here is dead!

<Dorien> Lucky you!

  • Denise Murodea will take a good look around in case we're missing something?

<DiablotinNarrator> The tree roots move a bit, despite there being no breeze down here, and there's a creepy whispering sound.

<Denise> (so just like the tree in the shade?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, like that)

<Denise> (okay, I figured that anyway)

  • Denise Murodea hops down here in case they do need help

<Denise> (done)

<Genevriel> (The flaming sphere also gives off light like a torch, so that's what the auras emanating from it are. - Julia, can we see a bit more of the map as a result?

<Denise> (oh, I can shoot that zombie!)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Lathra's turn

  • Lathra: Ooh, watch out Argent!
  • Lathra shoots at the zombie

<DiablotinNarrator> that'll hit

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent's turn

  • Lathra: ... which bits of it should I aim at?
  • Argent Lundi moves to flank the plant zombie, swift action activates plant bane on his rapier and cuts it down,

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Zola> You mean you ASSUME you kill it.

<DiablotinNarrator> there

<Dorien> Yay! Everything is dead!

  • Genevriel would send her flaming sphere further into the darkness until it fizzles out in about 60 seconds.

<DiablotinNarrator> Zombie 3 stands up again and will attack... I guess Zola

<Dorien> ...

<Zola> oh right haha

<Dorien> Ah, fucksticks.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Aubrienne's turn

<Zola> Does Gen know to sever their thingies?

<DiablotinNarrator> people with k:nature can roll

  • Dorien, since you rolled best - you think if they are getting energy from the trees, then severing their connection to the trees could stop them from popping back up again
  • Dorien Voclain yells out "Cut the connecting vines!"

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne's turn, then

<Aubrienne> Hmm - I guess move, spread out the soldiers a little, and..I don't have anything to cut with. Can I torch one a vine with Flame Arc?

<Dorien> (Throw a playing card to cut the vine :3 - Isn't that a thing you do?)

<Aubrienne> Oh, right, heh, forgot that could cut.

<Aubrienne> I'll do that then.

<Dorien> :D

<DiablotinNarrator> heh, okay

<DiablotinNarrator> the vine has an AC and HP, so you actually need to roll for it ;)

<Aubrienne> Right, just checking on the roll. - Er, bonus - It might be easier just to torch it. I think I'll to that. - Which would make it do a Reflex save, which I'm kind of assuming it can't.

<DiablotinNarrator> uhh... I guess I could use the zombie's but the zombie is semi-dead, so... - yeah I'll just assume it auto hits :p

<Zola> Or the tree's with a penalty

<Aubrienne> If it's possible, I'd try to do the 30' line so it hits this one and the one next to Enver without getting him.

<Argent> You could call it helpless, so it gets a -5 to reflex (0 dex)

<DiablotinNarrator> I think you can hit both, Aubrienne, from there

<Aubrienne> Okie doke - If they have to save, it's DC 21 with Eagle's Splendor going.

<DiablotinNarrator> I will assume since they're currently immobile, they can't really avoid it (if they have a ref save of 0 right now). and that is more than enough damage to sever the two vines and perma kill those dudes

<Aubrienne> (Mental note, that breaks concentration on the soldiers, so I only have them three more rounds) - Coolio; I can at least do cleanup. :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, there's a zombie next to you

<Hugo> I see that.

<Zola> Sock it to the jaw! It tried to kill me!

<Hugo> Ear Piercing Scream once more.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> it's dead again... for now

<Hugo> Now that's what I call getting rid of some dead wood!

<Zola> It's made of meat, honey. :|

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - I'll assume those of you on the right side can deal with cutting the cords on your zombies, and they won't come back up again

  • Dorien Voclain will take samples >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> heh, okay

  • Genevriel will roll her ball around until it fizzles out

<Argent> Form back up and keep moving

<DiablotinNarrator> Now that the sounds of the fight have quieted, you can hear the creepy whispering, and another sound somewhere further off in the cavern - like a chant, but not something that sounds like it comes from a... throat.

<Genevriel> (Trying to reveal more map!)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes just give me a second

<Denise> I bet we're right under them big trees

<Dorien> Yeah, these are the roots...

<Zola> Should we burn the roots?

<Aubrienne> Aren't we trying to stop something like that for the moment?

<Genevriel> Is that water?

<Zola> Maybe these ones can't be purified >_> (stupid screamer probably gonna scare the shit out of zola)

<DiablotinNarrator> there's a stream running through the cave, yes. and there's a structure, or you think it was a structure, that is basically covered in fungus growths. There's also a little ... platform kind of thing in front of it

  • Genevriel won't roll her ball through the water, but is has a little more time before it dies

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you might wanna move back until I finish my description ;)

<Argent> People please wait till shes done

  • Zola has allegro up so she keeps up with Denise

<DiablotinNarrator> THere are three ... entities, of some type, one at the base of this platform structure, the other two nearby. They are alien, unlike anything you've ever seen, unless if you hang out with Ilphere a lot. They're sort of swollen, brain-like forms, with many ropy legs. You think the openings in their... heads? is where the strange chanting sound is coming from

<Denise> (I'm p. sure I have seen these before... in my nightmares about hanging out with Ilphere ;p)

<Zola> Eww demon penises D:

<DiablotinNarrator> Seated at the top of a short flight of stairs, surrounded by fungus growths, is a woman with pale skin... she doesn't have legs, only more fungus. There are also more tree roots which very likely contain more zombies

<Aubrienne> ...Is wetting yourself a free action?

<Zola> P. sure

<Dorien> Only if you already had it readied.

<DiablotinNarrator> do you guys want to re-roll init or keep going in the order that's already established?

<Argent> (up to you)

<DiablotinNarrator> I'm not sure if this counts as a new encounter ;) it's faster if you don't all re-roll ^-^

<Zola> Current's fine by me.

<Aubrienne> Cool

<DiablotinNarrator> I'll just roll for my dudes then

<Zola> Have any rounds elapsed since last? maybe 1 or 2 since we did some moving?

<DiablotinNarrator> yeah, basically like 2 rounds let's say - for the sake of people counting spell durations or whatever

<Zola> k, I'll have kept singing then

<Argent> thats another shrieker, correct?

<Zola> Is the purple around the central penis dentata the platform or something else? (I assumed the square thing was the platform)

  • Aubrienne Romilly will go ahead and renew the solider illusion in the interim.

<DiablotinNarrator> no, that's just so I can tell that guy apart from the other two who look just like him

<Zola> kk

<Hettienne> he is certainly not in any way special >.>

<Zola> EVIL PRIEST SPOTTED

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Argent will be up first, and yes, Terry, that is another shrieker hiding out there - they are just strewn around the place like candy :)

<Argent> Ok... remember the plan!

<DiablotinNarrator> I hope wetting yourself was in the plan

<Dorien> "...there's a plan?"

<Zola> I think it's to cast the COP on her?

  • Argent Lundi will cast Divine Favor on himself, and move forward, switching his judgement to fast healing.

<Argent> (cast COP on someone and get her in the aura) (done)

<Aubrienne> (We actually have to get close to her and cast it. We can't force the aura on her or it breaks.

<Argent> (only to hedge out summoned creatures)

<DiablotinNarrator> Amanita speaks, her voice low and seductive. "Why do you harm my children? We mean you no harm."

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, Will save please

<Argent> (is it necromantic and/or evil descriptor?)

<Genevriel> If you're ace, you ought to get will save bonuses vs. seduction type powers

<DiablotinNarrator> no, it's not

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you shake off the feeling of a spell trying to affect your mind.

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo's turn

<Hugo> Haste - that'll affect 7 people within 40 feet of me

<Zola> Mass haste - sexy shit - I don't need it right now

<DiablotinNarrator> not mass, just regular haste

<Hugo> just regular old haste

<DiablotinNarrator> 1 creature / level

<Zola> Argent, Denise, Enver, Hettie, Nyckie, Dorien, Argent and Hugo?

<Hugo> let's say: Argent, Denise, Hettie, Hugo, Enver, Nycki, Margo

<Denise> 9Margaux?)

<Hugo> myself, for maximum retreat potential

<Hugo> anyway, all those people: hasted, +1 attack, +1 dodge bonus to AC, +1 dodge bonus to Reflex saves, faster moves & attacks

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Aubrienne's turn then

<Aubrienne> Okay, if we determined that we can cast CoP and then move to Amanita, then Merry CoP-mas, Denise.

<Hugo> And a CoPpy new year?

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Gen's turn

  • Genevriel will roll her ball and move herself a little closer to everyone else

<Genevriel> difficult terrain cuts movement by half?

<DiablotinNarrator> you could move around the tree instead of through, but it's about the same either way really

<Zola> Or use your full turn for movement and run

<Genevriel> I need to use an action to move the ball, I think. Anyway, I think I am done

<DiablotinNarrator> Brain tentacle monster's turn

<DiablotinNarrator> A shimmering field appears around it, multicolored and chaotic

<DiablotinNarrator> All the people on the right are in the range of this - Argent, Lathra, Margaux, Hugo, Zola, and Dorien

<DiablotinNarrator> Will save

<Zola> I have excellent kegel strength

<Zola> Remember you're in range of Inspire Courage

<Hugo> (is it mind affecting?)

<Zola> if it's appropriate

<Dorien> Does Zola's song help?

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, it's mind-affecting

<Hugo> woot!

<Zola> Is it a charm?

<Lathra> Is that +2?

<DiablotinNarrator> it is not a charm

<DiablotinNarrator> it's not compulsion or sonic or fear

<Zola> poops

<Zola> probed

<Dorien> Once again Dorien proves susceptible to thralldom.

<Zola> I will also use Saving Finale to give Dorien a reroll

<Dorien> It's why Misery loves him.

<DiablotinNarrator> just need Margaux's roll I think?

<Zola> And Terry's

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Argent and Margaux are at a -2 to attack the brain-thingy because of being unsettled and creeped out. Zola's turn

<Zola> Nycki's technically

<DiablotinNarrator> right

<Zola> oh I have lingering performance

<DiablotinNarrator> so Nycki's turn

<Hettienne> she'll move up and defend

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Zola's turn then

<Zola> Is their creepy chanting continuing?

<Argent> (margaux will is +9 right now and Mine is +13)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, primarily from the two that didn't just cast a spell

<DiablotinNarrator> oh, sorry - I was looking on their sheets but I forgot to take into account spells

<Zola> Can I get some sort of roll to see if there's something being maintained by that? I'm wondering if there might be something I could countersong

<DiablotinNarrator> so Margaux's total would have been 12, which still fails, but Argent would have made it

<Zola> I'll cast Good Hope on Gen, Enver, Aubrienne, Denise, Hettie, Nyckie, and Dorien,

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, done?

<Zola> Did you see this? Can I get some sort of roll to see if there's something being maintained by that? I'm wondering if there might be something I could countersong

<DiablotinNarrator> Spellcraft I guess?

  • Zola will restart Inspire Courage for the rest of the folks who don't haveGood Hope

<Zola> Inspire Courage stacks for damage and attacks but not for charm/fear saves

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie's turn

  • Hettienne moves up and takes a couple shots at the shrieker

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> it's almost impossible for you not to kill it though - t's dead

<Denise> Enver will move up there and defend

<DiablotinNarrator> The brain-thing is going to cast a spell that will target Enver, Nycki, Hettie, Dorien, Zola

<Zola> ;_;

<DiablotinNarrator> Will saves

<Denise> what bonuses are in effct other than the one Zola just cast on me?

<DiablotinNarrator> mind-affecting not sonic, not charm, I forget what other things :p

<Zola> Inspire Courage won't help on this

<Denise> okay

<Hettienne> is it fear or emotion based

<Denise> D:

<DiablotinNarrator> yes

<Zola> Emotion but not fear?

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, emotion but not fear

<Zola> dammit so close

<Denise> not so much fear... just malaise ;p

  • Genevriel has a bonus against emotion effects! But no reason to use it just yet. :(

<DiablotinNarrator> okay Everyone but Enver made it

<DiablotinNarrator> Enver lowers his weapons and sort of stands there looking a bit confused. Other brain-thing will target Enver, Nycki, Hettie, and Argent

<Zola> That also suppresses his Good Hope

<Denise> butts

<Zola> And Inspire Courage :P

<DiablotinNarrator> Will save, and it is sonic and mind-affecting

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Enver and Hettie are nauseated as the thing emits a shrill scream of madness

<DiablotinNarrator> Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

<Zola> Actually is Enver possibly immune to that? At least while CE is on

<DiablotinNarrator> well either way, he's not able to attack. Dorien's turn then

<Dorien> Shooting the closest one with a defoliant bomb

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> that hits

<Dorien> Yay. And it would damage the fungus around it, if that matters

<DiablotinNarrator> Margaux's turn

<Genevriel> (Yeah... that's how he saved Jerard, even though biologically speaking, fungi are not plants)

<Zola> maybe it attacks turgid cell walls :V

<Dorien> (I choose to believe it effects anything with a cell wall ;) )

<Argent> (Does she have any idea what these things are?)

<DiablotinNarrator> k: planes I guess? although technically they are plants and should be under k: nature, I don't think that makes sense in this case

<DiablotinNarrator> not something from this world anyway

<Argent> (She will move in and Smite Evil the closest one with her Bastard Sword. (are they evil outsiders?)

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, evil

<Genevriel> excellent, my next turn is clear

<Argent> (nat 1... miss)

<Hugo> sad trombone

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Denise's turn

<Zola> Night Tucks

<Genevriel> lates, Tuck

<Denise> I'm going to move in, taking their AOOS

<Zola> :o

<Denise> that's an AOO from each of those two creatures

  • Denise Murodea ignores difficult terrain ^-^

<DiablotinNarrator> the purpler one grabs you with a tentacle

<Argent> (or they do something like that)

<Zola> If you were using acrobatics then you'd be stuopped I think

<Denise> (lol, does it try and grapple?)

<DiablotinNarrator> it pulls - it's not a grapple, it's a pull

<DiablotinNarrator> A creature with this ability can choose to make a free combat maneuver check with a successful attack. If successful, this check pulls a creature closer. The distance pulled is set by this ability. The type of attack that causes the pull and the distance pulled are included in the creature’s description. This ability only works on creatures of a size equal to or smaller than the pulling creature. Creatures pulled in this way do not provoke attacks of opportunity and stop if the pull would move them into a solid object or creature.

<Denise> (okay, yank my chain then, thingy)

<Zola> Huh, but the pull happens when she's in one spot, before her move ends... does it end her move? Or can she continue?

<DiablotinNarrator> that's it's CMB check - if it succeeds, it moves her 5 feet

<Denise> (if haste applies to my CMD, then it fails)

<DiablotinNarrator> so I would say that if it makes it, it stops her move, and can move her 5 feet in another direction within its reach

<Zola> I don't think so, Heather

<Argent> (it does)

<Denise> (score - it misses then)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay. well, no, it hit, so it still does damage. but it doesn't stop you. but it's not a lot of damage

<Argent> (and since you have the magic circle of protection vs evil on you, and these things are evil, you get a +2 deflection/resistance bonus against them

<Zola> hot

<Denise> okay now I can still attack and I will punch it ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Zola> next turn you get two

<DiablotinNarrator> nope

<Denise> (booo) (Amanita get to make a save though)

<DiablotinNarrator> yup - what's it, a will save?

<Aubrienne> Yeah, whatever it would have been to resist the control in the first place.

<Argent> (whatever it is against what is controlling her, if there is something controlling her (she gets the +2 resistance bonus) (if its evil)

<DiablotinNarrator> but I mean, she gets SR and stuff too, against the circle moving over her, right?

<Denise> (I don't thik so - she is resisting the control, not the spell)

<Aubrienne> No SR for that effect, no

<Denise> (And the spell isn an aura, not something cst on her)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Denise> (if she got her SR against the effect initially, I think she would get it against it now?)

<Aubrienne> I don't think so, Heather?

<Denise> (okay)

<Aubrienne> I think this specifically just allows another save.

<Denise> (Well I feel like priobably that didn't work, anyway >.>)

<Argent> (yeah thats it... another save)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - Lathra's turn

<Zola> I don't know if using saving Finale is legit in this situation

<Aubrienne> (Well, we technically have other castings of this spell)

<Zola> to give her a reroll I'll go ahead and blow a saving finale Julie Zola sees no gasp of shock and free brainness

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, I guess

  • Lathra casts Freedom of Movement
  • Zola scratches a Lv1 off

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Lathra> I'll make a hide check as well to do my SK hidey thing?

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - you should get a bonus for hiding in mushrooms ;)it's like your chosen terrain

<Zola> If she was a druid!

<Genevriel> So did the Magic Circle Against Evil on Denise do nothing for Amanita?

<Zola> It failed

<Aubrienne> It failed twice. :p

<Genevriel> okay, because I was going to cast it on myself and try, still worth doing that?

<DiablotinNarrator> maybe you can take a step back and keep ramming the circle up against her ;)

<Zola> Her Will save is butts - We might have to boost her will save first :P

<Aubrienne> We specifically can't with Denise's CoP, but other people can.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, anything further, Lathra?

<Denise> (There might eb a reason they picked her, yeah >.>)

<Argent> (only get one shot on the suppress effect per casting)

<Lathra> Not this turn, sadly :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent's up then

  • Argent Lundi will cast Magic Circle of Protection vs Evil on himself and move up beside Denise.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay- so another save for Amanita?

<Argent> (yes please)

<DiablotinNarrator> Amanita staggers and something peels out of her like a moth leaving its cocoon.

<DiablotinNarrator> She tries to push away from the creature, which is greyish pink and far too long and emaciated

  • Genevriel changes her plan again

<Zola> D: D: D:

<Amanita> Oh, thank you, we need to get out of here!

<Hettienne> If I wasn't nauseated before, I would be now

  • Hettienne retches

<DiablotinNarrator> And fortunately, it's her turn...

<Aubrienne> You ain't kidding, sister!

<DiablotinNarrator> She slithers/oozes down the stairs and past the purple creature to go up to the top of that platform

<Genevriel> and teleports away to somewhere we can't follow?

<DiablotinNarrator> Amanita: Rend the dark tapestry and let the stars shine through once more!

<Aubrienne> (uh oh...)

  • Amanita holds up what looks like a book in her hands, and tears a page out of it

<Zola> >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> The purple brain thing shrieks in ... maybe dismay? not sure, hard to get a read on a brain with tentacles

<Hugo> (can I have a roll to figure out what she's doing exactly?)

<Zola> (Same)

<DiablotinNarrator> k: planes if you have it

<DiablotinNarrator> welp, you got no idea

<Argent> (maybe after she's done Ill roll)

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you feel a strange pull/recognition somehow

<Hugo> Well I ain't never seen nothing like that, I do declare!

<Genevriel> (I got a 23 for my K:Planes)

<DiablotinNarrator> Something she is saying is speaking to you - in the same way that your voices speak to you. It feels familiar. Aubrienne, you think she's ripping up some kind of powerful item or artifact, and that's never good...

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, the 'dark tapestry' in particular sounds familiar to you. You've learned enough celestial to pick out words and phrases here and there, and that's one you remember

<Genevriel> (Do I have reason to be concerned by the 'dark tapestry'?)

<Aubrienne> (Maybe because it's called the 'dark tapestry'?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (does it sound friendly? :)

<Zola> No one ever says "rent" when something good is happening.

<Genevriel> 'darkness' doesn't always mean 'bad'

<Hugo> yeah, like 'your rent is overdue'

<DiablotinNarrator> uh, let's see, Aubrienne, you did get a 20, so I'll give you a little more info

<Lathra> (I got 28 ok k:planes)

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, you can sense this too, as you got the same roll. This whole room/area is starting to ... weaken, somehow. The veil is growing thin and you can sense that something is about to break through - in one direction or another.

<Amanita> You saved my life, I'll protect you, come with me!

<Zola> o_o

<Lathra> There's something coming, a door is opening!

<Hettienne> what? No!

<Genevriel> I think it's related to the One.

  • Genevriel walks towards it.

<Hugo> I think we need to get out of here, one way or another.

<Argent> Lets go

  • Zola eyes Hugo

<Denise> ....

  • Hettienne moves toward Nycki
  • Denise Murodea looks at argent

<DiablotinNarrator> Margaux will go with you, Argent. She's seen weirder.

<Denise> you sure?

  • Zola sighs and follows Hugo

<Argent> No, but we dont really have time for options...sorry everyone.

<DiablotinNarrator> The purple fungus-brain things are screaming, and the tree roots are stretching and grasping...

<Zola> .oO( Well we do have to ask her to come back and meet up with her brother and sisters. )

<Lathra> (are we out of initiative?)

<Zola> I think so

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, we're just doing freestyle panic now :)

<Hettienne> Denise!!

<Genevriel> Flambe will burn purple brain tentacle things

  • Lathra casts Magic Circle on herself then
  • DiablotinNarrator be's charitable and moves Dorien ;)

<Genevriel> In his last 10 seconds of life

  • Zola imagines Denise has to drag Enver :P

<Genevriel> Nonlethal burning

<Aubrienne> Titania is going to kill me...

<Zola> Just in case? :P

<DiablotinNarrator> The world seems to rip around you, like the page in Amanita's hand, and you are drawn into a void of stars for a brief moment before you appear ... somewhere else.