Diablotin 3 session 30

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 30 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: February 21, 2016
Diablotin date: End Fourth-month

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It's approaching the end of Fourth-month, and the weather continues to fluctuate unseasonably strangely. However, there have been official statements issued from the palace that the problem is on the verge of being resolved, and asking people to stay away from the Shade for the next several days.

<DiablotinNarrator> Inhabitants of the neighbourhood are being given shelter elsewhere for the meanwhile

<Aubrienne> (Umm, some of us live there. :P)

<Aubrienne> (Ah)

<DiablotinNarrator> Or are asked to vacate the premises to friends or family's houses if possible, but there are emergency shelters made available for those who have nowhere else to go

  • Zola wishes she knew HOW they were planning to resolve it >_>

<DiablotinNarrator> Basically the palace's statements seem to be trying to tread a fine line between "There's nothing to worry about, remain calm" and "get out of the area just in case"

Zola and Hugo meet Linthira

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola and Hugo, it's after work, early in the morning, and you are partaking of a refreshing beverage at Hugo's place

<DiablotinNarrator> Chatting about work, or current events, or what have you

  • Zola finishes telling Hugo about her trip to Jonas’... “It’s really a lovely spot he’s made for himself.”
  • Hugonel will have complained endlessly about Drusilla's antics regarding Raimond.

<DiablotinNarrator> You are somewhat surprised by a knock at the door. It's prior to dawn, and who could be visiting at this hour?

  • Zola blinks

<Hugonel> Hmm, I suppose I should answer that ...

<Zola> Were you expecting a ladycaller?

<Hugonel> I was not ... although sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.

<Hugonel> Let me just go see.

  • Hugonel looks through the peephole.
  • Eirini is waiting on the other side
  • Hugonel opens the door.

<Hugonel> Hello ... how unexpected.

<Hugonel> (how does she look? can I judge her mood?)

  • Zola sips a cherry bomb :3
  • Eirini seems tense and worried, you would say

<Eirini> Hello...

<Hugonel> What's the matter, dear?

  • Zola will stand and take a moment to brush herself off.

<Eirini> It's... you wanted to talk to Linthira?

<Hugonel> Yes...

<Eirini> This might be your last chance.

  • Zola ...

<Hugonel> What do you mean?

<Hugonel> Here, come in.

  • Zola peeks around the corner to see the two of them
  • Eirini steps inside, and is surprised to see Zola there

<Eirini> oh I'm sorry to interrupt

<Hugonel> No, no, no apology necessary.

  • Zola sees the look on Eirini’s face and decides against a snarky comment.

<Zola> We were just telling tales.

  • Zola doesn’t exactly bristle, but she’s certainly not as friendly as she was the last time they met.

<Eirini> She's willing to see you but it needs to be now.

<Hugonel> Do you think it would be all right if Zola came as well?

<Eirini> I... I think it would be all right?

<Zola> Are you worried because of what they’re planning in the Shade?

  • Eirini nods
  • Zola casts a look around for her cold weather gear.

<Zola> Figures... it spooks me too, not knowing if they’re going to make things worse somehow.

  • Hugonel puts on a warm-weather silk scarf, something a little more robust, as well as his long coat.

<Hugonel> All right, I'm ready.

  • Zola bundles up again
  • Zola downs the last of her drink
  • Zola hopes we don’t have to walk toooo much, as she’s still wearing work heels.
  • Eirini will lead you out to a waiting car

<Zola> .oO ( Thank the Gods )

<Hugonel> (who's in the car already, or is it a hired car?)

<DiablotinNarrator> There is a woman waiting in the driver's seat... neither of you recognize her. From what you can see she's tall and broad-shouldered, with curly auburn hair and a somber expression.

  • Eirini will slip into the front seat with the driver, giving you two the back
  • Hugonel will get in, trying to stay alert for anyone else around, including other cars that may be following us.
  • Zola wonders if she can figure out if the driver is fey, and what kind, from her reading.

<DiablotinNarrator> (what sort of reading?)

<Zola> (The stuff at Xan’s)

<DiablotinNarrator> (or just general visual impressions)

<DiablotinNarrator> (oh I see)

<Zola> (Yes, visual vs. reading)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I thought you meant you were going to cast a spell or something)

<Hugonel> Ah, good evening.

  • Hugonel says to the driver.

<Zola> (It wouldprobably not be a good start mindraping the driver)

<DiablotinNarrator> Although you can't see her terribly well, you do see that she's wearing a cloak made of white feathers.

<Zola> .oO( That can’t be cheap to make. )

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, from your reading, there is a type of fey called a swan maiden, that shapeshifts by means of a cloak of feathers

  • Driver_ nods politely but doesn't reply, Hugo
  • Driver_ sets off once you're in the car
  • Zola tries to remember if swan maidens are people eaters.
  • Zola doesn’t RECALL reading about anything like that... but pats her little handgun anyway

<DiablotinNarrator> from what you're remembering, they are not, although most are warriors of some type

<Driver_> The drive takes you across the city to the south shore, and out to the edge of the city - to the Saltgrove, the burial place of (most)Patriarchs and Matriarchs since the church's beginnings

<Zola> I’ve never been out here...

<Hugonel> Me neither, not as far as I can recall. Perhaps as a child.

<Zola> .oO( We probably should have left a note. “If we go missing, it was the Psyrene song bird... that BITCH.”

<Zola> )

<DiablotinNarrator> It's quiet, just around sunrise when you get there. There are large ancient trees among the tombs, and some birds fly overhead. The smell of salt is in the air.

  • Driver_ parks the car and will get out, along with Eirini

<Zola> (I’m guessing this place isn’t high priority on the forced-spring list? :P)

  • Hugonel gets out and looks around.

<DiablotinNarrator> No, it's cold and the ground is frozen - which is probably good, or it would be pretty marshy.

  • Zola steps out of the car very carefully onto the ice and snow with her heels...

<Eirini> This way...

  • Zola will aim for Hugo so she can use his arm for backup.
  • Hugonel tries not to tread anywhere too gross-looking.
  • Hugonel will take your arm.
  • Zola waddles along as gracefully as she can
  • Eirini leads the way to a large willow tree with overhanging branches - no leaves, of course, just bare tendrils that trail along the ground

<Zola> (What colour is Eirini’s hair?)

  • Eirini 's hair is white
  • Zola wonders if it should be another colour yet...
  • Eirini glides through those branches, and steps *into* the tree, vanishing from your sight

<Hugonel> Oh!

<Hugonel> (where is the driver now?)

  • Driver_ is standing with you, arms folded and waiting
  • Zola urges Hugo forward with a nudge of her linked arm
  • Hugonel walks forward, then, towards the tree.
  • Eirini steps out of the tree a moment later, followed by another woman. This one looks older without actually looking *old*, if that makes any sense. Her white hair is long and straight, falling almost to her knees.

<Linthira> Good morning

<Zola> Oh!

<Hugonel> Ahh ... good morning, Lady Linthira. I am Hugonel Silveira.

  • Hugonel bows slightly, unsure of proper protocol.
  • Zola will also give a rickety bow

<Zola> Zola.

<Linthira> I apologise that we cannot meet under better circumstances

<Linthira> But there is a situation of grave urgency

<Hugonel> Eirini indicated as much to us.

<Linthira> The soldiers and spellcasters of your people intend to destroy the blighted Irminsul

<Zola> Of course...

<Zola> That seems like a stupid idea right out of the gate.

<Linthira> To do this, they will first attempt to drain its power

<Linthira> This is ... a grave risk.

<Zola> That’s what happened at Seda Grove, isn’t it?

  • Linthira nods sadly

<Hugonel> What will happen if they succeed?

<Linthira> To us, or to them?

<Zola> Both.

<Linthira> I can't say for certain what will happen to them... the Blight makes such results even more unpredictable

<Linthira> The power they will attempt to channel and harness will be corrupt

<Linthira> But since I don't know what they will try to do with it, it's difficult to say what the results will be

<Zola> What did they do with it in Seda Grove?

<Linthira> They created life. The Irminsul there was whole and untainted, and they used its force to bring life into their creations.

  • Zola looks at Hugo

<Zola> Creations?

<Linthira> The beings of wood and metal.

<Zola> Warforged? :o

<Hugonel> Hmmm ...

<Linthira> Is that what they are called? I feel pity for them.

<Linthira> In a way, they are also my children, as unasked for and unexpected as they are

<Zola> Will they be harmed by the destruction of the Irminsul?

<Linthira> Their life-force should remain intact - this is another Irminsul, and its life or death should not affect theirs.

<Zola> Will it just reform, like the last?

<Linthira> Yes.

<Hugonel> What will happen to you, if they succeed?

<Linthira> I will be drawn to the new site... it could be elsewhere, I cannot say.

<Zola> Is that something you want?

<Zola> ..for it to be elsewhere?

<Linthira> Each time an Irminsul dies, our power is diminished, changed... and will they continue to pursue us?

  • Zola nods

<Zola> Hugo, they should come forward and air their grievances, don’t you think?

<Zola> If there’s a way to resolve this so we all come out ahead, surely it requires their help?

<Hugonel> To whom, though, I wonder? Loick?

<Linthira> More of my children, and my sisters' and brothers' children, will perish

<Zola> Anyone who will help... the Reverend Mother, maybe even that terrifying Princess.

<Hugonel> I rather suspect the Princess Ilphere would be fascinated but perhaps not concerned.

<Linthira> If you have the power to stop them, even for a while, it would give me more time to try and heal the Blight

<Zola> We’ll surely try.

<Hugonel> Have you had any success in that endeavor? Anything you could tell us that would allow us to persuade those who might not be convinced?

<Linthira> I can heal individual creatures who have been affected by it... if I can locate them and make contact with them. Too often they resist this, and my only recourse is to destroy them to prevent its further spread.

<Zola> What abouy Raimond?

  • Zola looks to Hugo

<Linthira> But to ultimately end it, I would need my sisters' and brother's aid, and for all of us to work together is... well, it's unusual.

<Hugonel> Amanita ... do you have any sense of what is motivating her ... or even whether there is something controlling her?

<Linthira> She is not herself

<Zola> You’d need to work with the Cold Rider? o_o

<Linthira> I fear that if the Blight has infected her mind, I may not be able to heal her.

  • Linthira smiles a little at Zola's question

<Linthira> Well, with his master. He is only an envoy.

<Zola> Oh.

<Zola> Still, with all that is happening here, he doesn’t seem very reasonable...

<Linthira> He works, in his own way, to keep the Blight from spreading further into this world

<Linthira> Even if I do not agree with his methods, I can't fault his intentions

<Zola> Then what about the attacks on our people?

<Zola> I thought slowing the blight was just a side effect...

<Linthira> Our kind are not meant to mingle this closely with mortals... conflicts are bound to arise, out of confusion or boredom or malice.

<Linthira> The enmity with the shadow-kin is another matter... but not one that is within my power to solve

<Zola> What shall we do if they want to speak with you, or a representative?

<Zola> The Emperor, or the Chief Sorceror, or anyone

<Linthira> I am willing to meet with some such representative, if it means they will listen to what I have to say.

<Hugonel> We will certainly tell them what you have said, but they may need more direct contact to be convinced.

<Hugonel> And ultimately, the Imperial leadership itself may be deeply divided.

<Linthira> You can send a message through my daughter Eirini. She can reach me as needed.

  • Eirini nods, maybe a tiny bit reluctantly

<Zola> Certainly we can at least get them to delay... it seems like common sense that any power siphoned off could be tainted... we’d just be confirming something what they were denying.

<Zola> (what = that)

<Hugonel> How long do we have?

<Linthira> I don't know. Perhaps a few days? The Irminsul and the blighted fey will fight to resist their efforts, so perhaps longer, if they put up enough resistance.

<Hugonel> We'll do our best.

<Linthira> Thank you

  • Linthira will withdraw into the (her?) tree, then, leaving Eirini behind

<Eirini> I suppose I have to stay with you for a while then

<Zola> we

<Zola> Well, if we had a number...

<Zola> ... though I suppose Hugo probably won’t complain.

<Eirini> They haven't installed a phone in my tree yet :p

<Zola> You’re just going to have to get with the times

<Hugonel> I would of course be delighted to have you as a guest for a short while.

<Zola> Mmhmm.

<Zola> I guess I can’t say anything anymore, though.

<Hugonel> Don't judge, Zola.

  • Hugonel teases.

<Zola> I just admitted I yielded the higher ground -_-

  • Driver_ will drive you back to your home(s) then

Genevriel is attacked by her blighted uncle Jerard

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you have returned from your short getaway to the country with Madds, and are back at your aunt and uncle's house

  • Genevriel is angry with herself for falling back into her old ways, and resolves, hopefully, not to let it happen again.

<DiablotinNarrator> Since you returned, how would you say you've been doing? Just so I have a sense of what your relatives would see

  • Genevriel is a little more withdrawn than she was before the trial, but is trying actively to bring her drinking under control again.
  • Sylvise is certainly willing to help with that as much as she's able
  • Genevriel struggles with it and may occasionally be snappish, but is usually contrite after that.
  • Jerard seems rather standoffish and withdrawn, however - perhaps he's upset with your behaviour? or simply preoccupied with work or some other issue. It's difficult to say, but he has not been joining the family for meals and is retreating in his study or the conservatory much of the time.
  • Genevriel immediately assumes the worst. She knows she causes a lot of trouble.
  • Sylvise seems worried by this
  • Genevriel will cautiously ask Sylvise what's happening, and ask if there's anything she can do to alleviate Jerard's troubles.

<Genevriel> . o O (How ironic will it be if I have to move out after all?)

<Sylvise> I'm not certain... he is so withdrawn.

<Sylvise> He's meant to be taking things easy... I worry he's going to give himself another heart attack this way.

<Sylvise> He even goes out walking at all hours of the night, instead of coming to bed :(

<Genevriel> :/

<Genevriel> Has he said anything out of the ordinary to you?

<Sylvise> He's hardly said anything. I ask where he's going, and he just says 'out'. I ask what's bothering him and he says 'work'.

<Sylvise> And when he does sleep, he's been sleeping in the conservatory ... I've seen him napping there on the couch.

<Genevriel> ...

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, that's where your plant samples are kept. You had been keeping an eye on them, but since your illness's resurgence, you hadn't paid as much attention to them as before.

  • Genevriel immediately feels very anxious. It is her fault, after all!

<Genevriel> Is he home right now?

<Sylvise> He's in the conservatory now, I think - unless he went out again :/

<Genevriel> I'll... go check.

  • Genevriel proceeds to the conservatory, thinking that if he is not there, she must destroy all the samples.

<Sylvise> do you want me to come too?

<Genevriel> No, no, that's quite all right.

  • Jerard is standing in the conservatory, just seemingly staring off into space. He's facing away from you, so he doesn't seem to notice you arrive.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a Perception check

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 6 ].

<Genevriel> (Um... Destiny reroll?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (if you want)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 21 ].

<Genevriel> (much more to my liking)

<DiablotinNarrator> You notice, since he's facing away from you, that there is some sort of odd.. growth, or patch of discolouration, on the back of his neck, spreading up from under his shirtcollar.

<Genevriel> ...

<Genevriel> Hi Uncle... Do they say anything interesting to you?

<Jerard> ...

  • Jerard turns to look at you - he seems pale and a bit haggard

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you have a momentary vision of tendrils spreading out from him, stretching off into unseen distances

  • Genevriel tries not to let any reaction show.

<DiablotinNarrator> you blink again and they're gone

  • Jerard stretches his hand out towards you, and some kind of ... pod? shoots out from his sleeve, aimed at you
  • Genevriel will try to dodge that. o_O

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 20 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (that's a ranged touch attack, so I suspect that hits)

<Genevriel> (My AC is 12 so I assume so)

<DiablotinNarrator> It explodes in a puff of spores, and you can make a Fort save

<Genevriel> (I think the answer is 'no' but... is it an emotion spell or effect?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (it is not)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 7 ].

<Genevriel> (Destiny reroll... :P )

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 10 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d4

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d4 ] getting [ 3 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Your Wis drains by 3 points as the spores affect your willpower and sense of self

<DiablotinNarrator> What will you try to do?

<Genevriel> (Burn the samples is what immediately comes to mind, and that will probably just makes things worse)

<Genevriel> (And not do anything to help Jerard, ultimately)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, if you want to do that, you can, but it's up to you... bearing in mind that your ability to make sensible decisions is increasinly compromised

<Genevriel> (hence the pointless act of burning samples)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - are you going to burn them with your Burny Powers, or try to, idk, grab them and throw them in a fireplace or other mundane fire?

<Genevriel> (Burny powers that leave me a quivering heap of terror)

<Genevriel> (just trying to decide on burning hands or flaming sphere, sec)

<Genevriel> (Hands it is, aimed at the samples)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Genevriel> (DC is 14)

<DiablotinNarrator> you can successfully light the samples on fire... also the table they're sitting on

  • Jerard gives an unnatural cry and will jump through the window... fortunately the conservatory is on the ground floor, but the glass shatters everywhere

<Genevriel> (Will roll to not melt into a heap of terror:)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 13 ].
  • Sylvise rushes in on hearing the commotion

<Sylvise> What on earth?!

<Genevriel> (is 13 enough to not be freaking out?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I don't know what the DC is on 'freaking out'... but if that was a Will save, it would be reduced by your lowered Wisdom as well)

<Genevriel> (Yeah, that's taken into account... normally her will is +5)

  • Sylvise is briefly torn between goign after her husband and putting out the fire, and will settle for attempting to put out the fire - by shoving the blazing table and all its contents out the broken window into the snow
  • Genevriel is relieved somewhat with the fire gone.

<DiablotinNarrator> (I would assume 13 is okay to keep from collapsing into a fetal position or whatever)

<DiablotinNarrator> (probably still shaken up)

<Sylvise> what happened? D:

  • Genevriel bursts into tears.

<Genevriel> The fungus. It's infected him.

<Genevriel> He shot something at me; I burned the samples.

<Genevriel> He screamed and left.

<Genevriel> Probably to the Shade.

  • Sylvise looks distraught

<Sylvise> ... I'll call Dorien. He's closest. Maybe he can find him. And I'll call the guards as well, so they can be on the lookout for him.

<Genevriel> I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

<Sylvise> Shh, it's not your fault... we'll find him.

  • Sylvise hurries off to the phone
  • Genevriel just cries and feels like the worst person ever, on the conservatory floor.

Argent and Margaux are distracted by a commotion in the Shade

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you and Margaux are taking things somewhat slowly, but she's finally asked to stay overnight at your place for the first time.

  • Margaux is a bit nervous about this, apparently, but will curl up in bed with you

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien is out.... somewhere, so you guys have the place to yourselves, at least.

<Argent> (small bonus... him and Misery are not very subtle)

<Argent> I can tell you're not comfortable... what's on your mind?

<Margaux> I'm just sorry in advance if I wake you up... sometimes I have weird dreams, or things like that. I've never slept next to someone else before.

<Argent> I don't exactly have much experience either... in fact your the first girl I've had sleep over here... in my bed.... with me in it.

  • Margaux smiles slightly at that

<Margaux> Do girls sleep over in your bed without you in it?

<Argent> Denise has crashed here a couple of times... we armwrestle for the bed, I ususally loose.

  • Margaux laughs
  • Margaux 's smile fades suddenly

<Margaux> Something feels ...wrong.

  • Argent looks around and listens
  • Margaux gets up out of bed and goes to the window to look outside.
  • Argent will join her
  • Margaux is looking in the direction of the Shade, and you can see flickering fire, and smoke billowing up from that area.

<Argent> They must be moving on the grove

  • Margaux nods

<Margaux> it's fighting back

<Margaux> ...should we go try to help?

<Argent> We weren't asked to be involved... but I am curious to see why.

<Margaux> maybe we can get a closer look

  • Argent nods

<Argent> and maybe help if someone got caught in the crossfire or are taking advantage of the confusion for their own gains

  • Margaux nods
  • Argent will grab his gear
  • Margaux will get her things back on as well
  • Margaux heads out with you in the direction of the Shade
  • Argent will cast resist fire on the both of us and see invisible on himself when we get closer (both last 1 hour)
  • Margaux keeps close to you as you hurry through the streets. Other people are out watching or running around as you get closer - the guards have a perimeter that they've established, but people are watching from wherever they can get a view

<Argent> (can we slip by the guards for a closer look... how stealthy is Margeaux?)

  • Margaux is willing to try to slip by, but she's not amazingly stealthy

<Argent> (closer it is then... maybe destiny will be with us)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a Stealth check

  • Argent will use Blessed Infiltration to roll twice and take the better.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Argent> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 18 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 25 ].

<Argent> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 8 ].

<Argent> (25 it is)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 18 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> well, she did okay too :)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 9 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> and the guards are rather distracted

<DiablotinNarrator> you're able to find an alleyway that isn't being watched and slip around the perimeter

<DiablotinNarrator> Inside the 'zone of terror' as we'll be calling it, things are in chaos as far as you can tell. At least you aren't seeing a lot of civilians or anything - they did a relatively good job of clearing them out.

<DiablotinNarrator> But there are skirmishes in the streets in a lot of directions - guards fighting against creatures you recognize as fey, and others that are more uncertain - plant or fungus-type entities, for instance

<DiablotinNarrator> Are you going to try and intervene in any fights, or just get by them and get closer to the trees?

  • Argent looks to Margeaux

<Argent> Deeper?

  • Margaux nods

<Argent> (by the guards and into the trees then)

<Margaux> They seem like they're managing okay... if someone is really in trouble, though, we should stop to help them.

  • Argent nods

<Argent> Of coures

<DiablotinNarrator> The closer you get to the area with the trees, the more guards you'll run into. They have an inner perimeter established around the trees as well. That's where there are fires burning, although now that you're close enough, you can see they're more around the edges of the grove than actually burning the trees themselves.

<DiablotinNarrator> They've set up a fire ring to try and keep things contained, it seems like.

  • Argent is interested in who is directing the action and any unusual weapons they may be employing... and helping those who need it.

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, there are definitely a lot of city guards here, also military personnel. Some of the soldiers are armed with tanks on their backs that spray out some kind of bluish liquid that seems to harm the plant creatures it gets sprayed on.

<DiablotinNarrator> This close to the grove, there are also some non-uniformed personnel - you aren't entirely sure who they are. Some of them could be spellcasters, but others seem like soldiers, of some kind of special unit perhaps. Some of them have odd features - metal limbs would be the most visible.

  • Argent will do his best to note features on them, the metal limbed soldiers, and the casters, if there is time and if he can.

<DiablotinNarrator> It's chaotic, but you can try to remember them - at least you can see in the dark, so that helps ;)

<Argent> <w> where now... inside that will be tough to slip through un-noticed. How's that feeling?

<Margaux> <w> uh... this way

  • Margaux leads you around another street

<DiablotinNarrator> You turn around a corner, to find that the street is swirling with mist and ice. With a chill you see up ahead of you a more familiar figure - a man on horseback with antlers. He's surrounded by troops that are attacking with guns, keeping back from his attacks.

  • Margaux pauses, uncertain

<Argent> Him?

<Margaux> ... I don't know. This feels wrong. But we can't attack the soldiers.

  • Argent looks around for the best escape route for the rider.

<DiablotinNarrator> (brb sec, you can have a moment to think about it ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> (back, sorry)

<Margaux> ... maybe we can distract them?

<Argent> (what are the soldiers using for light?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Some of them have flashlights - but it's hard to see even so, with all the fog and ice pellets in the air

<DiablotinNarrator> (like headlamps I mean - helmets with lights attached)

<Argent> (thinking)

<Argent> heres my plan... slip close to the flank with the best escape route for the rider and shout warning of being outflanks by pick wielding fey to turn the flank and let him escape... thoughts?

<Margaux> All right... do you want me to go with you?

<Argent> I can be in and out easier myself, just wait here.

  • Argent will resist cold himself first
  • Margaux will take shelter behind some steps, then

<Argent> (so slip in, bluff the warning, slip back out)

<DiablotinNarrator> OKay, you can do that. Roll for your bluff.

<Argent> (Blessed Infiltration again to roll twice)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+13

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 19 ].

<Argent> !roll 1d20+13

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 32 ].

<Argent> (hope that works)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you make your cry for help, and several of the soldiers turn to your direction, long enough for the Cold Rider to gallop through the gap in the lines, vault the fiery barrier, and be gone from your view.

<Argent> (now the escape)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Then I assume you'd like to get out of there before the soldiers turn on you? ;)

<Argent> (stealth?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah)

<Argent> (twice again... only 3 more times after this today)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 19 ].

<Argent> !roll 1d20+7

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 19 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 26 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> you're able to evade their attention as they start to pour down the street, you can hide before slipping off in the opposite direction, back to Margaux

<Argent> <w> that worked well

  • Margaux gives you a big hug when you get back, and you can go about trying to sneak around and help where needed for a while longer.

Hettienne and Aubrienne start work on Korisse's new film

<DiablotinNarrator> This will be the following day, let's assume... it's the first day Korisse's movie, 'Shadows of Her Mind', is scheduled to start shooting.

<DiablotinNarrator> The film is shooting on a large movie lot/warehouse somewhat north-east of the city - not really far, but enough that they would provide car service to get you there.

<Hettienne> . o O (fancy)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you have of course been working on costumes already, in your spare time, so you're going to be there mainly in order to do last-minute repairs and adjustments and the like.

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, you can ride out with Jed, since they will just send the one car for both of you ;)

<Hettienne> (yay craft services!)

<Jedrezej> I hope our house hasn't burned down :p

  • Jedrezej says on the ride
  • Hettienne brings an extra big purse

<DiablotinNarrator> (hee)

<Hettienne> . o O (no Denise = hungry Hettie)

<Aubrienne> (Sorry, was away for a second. Yay car service)

<Aubrienne> Likewise.

<Aubrienne> I'm worried they're being none too careful, it being the Shade and all.

<Jedrezej> The papers were pretty cagey about what was going on last night... I don't know if you had a chance to see them.

<Aubrienne> (Have I? )

<DiablotinNarrator> (how likely do you think it is that Aubrienne got up out of bed with Tits in time to read the papers before heading off at the crack of dawn? ;)

  • Aubrienne gives Jed a look.

<Aubrienne> What were they saying?

  • Jedrezej shrugs

<Jedrezej> That there were skirmishes with fey creatures but everything's under control, just don't go look, take our word for it.

<Aubrienne> 'Everything's fine, nothing is ruined?'

<Jedrezej> Right. The smoldering ashes are nothing to worry about.

  • Jedrezej sighs

<Jedrezej> I hope they can take care of the problems... I just hope they don't destroy the neighbourhood in the process.

<Aubrienne> As if the neglect wasn't bad, now they have to actively damage the neighborhood.

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you get there and are immediately busy with making sure extras (of which there are many, including many shadar-kai) have their correct clothing on, dealing with Elmdor's suit (he wants a rose for his buttonhole ;) and other various crises that come up.

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne and Jed will get their respective costumes without trouble, fortunately

  • Aubrienne will chat (somewhat nervously) with anyone in her vicinity
  • Hettienne buzzes around like a busy little bee

<DiablotinNarrator> The plot of the movie, as I understand it, has Aubrienne as a young woman from the countryside who comes to take a job in a factory. Elmdor plays the factory owner, who wants to take advantage of her and attempts to manipulate and gaslight her into thinking that she is being stalked by Jed's character.

<Korisse> (basically yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that's the short version - Heather can tell you more ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> Before shooting begins, Korisse will ask for everyone in the cast and crew to gather for a moment so that she can say a few words.

  • Elmdor sniffs his rose
  • Korisse takes a deep breath
  • Korisse seems a little uncomfortable addressing the crowd, but this is not out of character

<Korisse> Thank you everyone

  • Korisse works to make her soft voice project

<Korisse> I have very high hopes for this film - I hope it can help open doors for shadar kai who want to work in the entertainment industry

<Korisse> Given current events - I think it is especially impotart to show, um, how... we all belong here, and we can work together to make art.

<Korisse> I appreciate everhyone who has agreed to be part of this project, thank you all.

<Korisse> ...

  • Korisse will give a little pause, and give a little more busnesslike review of the shooting order for the morning as well
  • Elmdor nods supportively
  • Aubrienne will give Korisse a hug when she has a chance
  • Korisse smiles

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you're able to listen in on a lot of the chatter as people stand around waiting for their scenes. A lot of the shadar-kai especially are upset or concerned about what is going on in the Shade, although they have wildly varying rumours about what exactly that is.

  • Hettienne keeps her thoughts to herself, but that doesn't stop her eavesdropping

<DiablotinNarrator> They've burned down those freaky trees, no they haven't, but they burned a bunch of houses trying to do so, the fey were fighting back, the cold rider was there but he got away, it's a government plot to clear out the shadar-kai, etc.

<Hettienne> . o O ( Shadar-kai are the new Rats... :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> The one that may be of particular interest to Hettie, though, is a rumour that there were fighters there who had weapons built into their bodies, or metal legs, or that kind of thing.

<Hettienne> (FIghting whom?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (fighting against the fey, as best as the stories have it... it's all pretty confused and contradictory)

<Hettienne> . o O (hrm.)

  • Elmdor wonders why more people aren’t talking about Korisse’s amazing film, sips his coffee.

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, can you make a Perform check so we see how your first day of filming goes?

<Aubrienne> (using the Inner Beauty trait)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+19

  • Elmdor rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 24 ].

<Aubrienne> (Ugh. I think I'll use my Inspired trait too_

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+19

  • Elmdor rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 21 ].

<Korisse> (nerves)

<Aubrienne> (Seriously?)

<Aubrienne> (Yeah. 24 isn't bad, I guess)

<Hettienne> (no destiny?)

<Korisse> (You can probably get assists for costars and your lovely director to get it up higher ;)

<Korisse> (from, even)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh, true)

<DiablotinNarrator> Well, you can chalk it up to first day nerves - and yes, with assistance from your co-performers and Korisse you can still manage to do quite a good first day's work

<Aubrienne> (I'm not too disappointed. 24 is still a 'great' performance according to the Perform skill. :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Probably Aubrienne still feels like she could do better, but everyone else says it was wonderful

<Aubrienne> (Yeah, she'll be kicking herself, but she hasn't done other people's material in a while.)

<Aubrienne> 'I promise I can do better, Kori.'

<DiablotinNarrator> It's a long day, and you will probably not get much chance to rest before going to work at the club that evening. Maybe you can snooze in the car on the way back to town ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> The shoot is expected to take about 2 weeks, barring any problems that cause delays.

  • Aubrienne naps on Jed

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you're finishing up for the day when you realize your monthly friend has arrived...  :(

<Hettienne> Ah, fuck. >:|

  • Hettienne will find a wc to clean things up.

<DiablotinNarrator> can do, and I'm sure you have access to plenty of scrap rags and the like, but it's more disappointing than anything :/

  • Hettienne finds it easier to be pissed.

<DiablotinNarrator> You'll have to try again! or well, Nycki will ;)

<Hettienne> . o O (Guess I'll have to break the news tonight...)

<Nycki> (I guess we can do that since I have 5-10 minutes before Ian is ready... ;)

<Hettienne> (coo')

  • Nycki will help herself to your craft services 'samples' when you get back for your brief break before second work

<Hettienne> Try the pain au chocolat, it's fuckin' delicious.

<Nycki> nice gig you got here :)

  • Hettienne plops down into a chair and snags a pastry for herself.

<Nycki> free food, plus you get to work with your old pals, an' they even pay you too :)

<Hettienne> Yeah, it ain't half bad.

<Hettienne> ... Listen babe, I got some kinda shit news.

<Nycki> what's wrong?

<Hettienne> We gotta call Ander again. :/

<Nycki> oh, balls.

<Hettienne> Good news is, you're up :p

  • Nycki comes over to sit with you, taking your hand

<Hettienne> Guess I ain't got Mam's skill at gettin' knocked up :p

<Nycki> You okay about it? It's hard gettin' your hopes up, I know.

<Hettienne> Yeah... yeah I think so.

<Hettienne> Just a double whammy... Shitty news, plus cramps an' a mess.

<Nycki> we'll keep on tryin' until either we end up with a kid, or we get fed up of the hassle. But I'm willin' to keep tryin' as long as you are.

  • Hettienne grins.

<Hettienne> It'll be worth it, I know.

  • Nycki nods

<Nycki> You're gonna be a real good mother.

<Nycki> however it happens

<Hettienne> Thanks... You will be too :3

  • Nycki smiles

<Nycki> You take the last one of those chocolate cake thingies... you earned it ;)

<Hettienne> Heh... don't mind if I do :v

Lathra takes Ranighar to visit Xandhil

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Lathra - with all the chaos going on in the Shade, it might have been a day or two before you were able to find time to take Ranighar over to Xan's office, but you finally manage.

<Lathra> (Hurray for finally managing!)

  • Ranighar will accompany you to Xan's place of business.

<Ranighar> Thank you for going with me... I would never have found my way, the city is so confusing.

<Lathra> It absolutely is! The first year I was here I almost gave up trying, and starting taking excursions just to wander until I found somewhere interesting.

<Ranighar> It seems like that would not take long - there are a lot of interesting places to see, I'm sure.

  • Ranighar goes up to the door with you, but will let you take the lead as far as going inside/knocking/whatever, as he is not entirely sure what the appropriate customs are here

<Lathra> There are plenty, I assure you.

  • Lathra knocks
  • Leiris answers the door

<Leiris> Lathra! :D

<Leiris> I'm so glad to see you.

<Lathra> Hello Lieris dear! Likewise, of course!

<Lathra> I've brought a friend of your friend's brother, if you follow me?

<Leiris> a friend of... uh... well, please come in, and I can figure out what that means.

<Leiris> Is everything all right for you at home, or the temple? It's been hard to get reliable information out of the Shade lately, for obvious reasons...

  • Leiris asks as he ushers you inside

<Lathra> Oh yes... everything's fine, with me.

<Leiris> All right..that's good.

<Leiris> I'll just let M. Orecalo know you're here.

  • Leiris goes to get Xan
  • Xandhil can be got, and dragged out of his office

<Xandhil> Good afternoon, Mlle Sc...ales!

  • Xandhil looks pleasantly surprised to see your companion

<Xandhil> and Ranighar?!

<Lathra> That's right dear!

  • DiablotinNarrator smiles

<DiablotinNarrator> (ww)

  • Ranighar smiles
  • Xandhil smiles as well

<Ranighar> it's good to see you again

<Xandhil> you as well...

  • Xandhil looks between him and Lathra as if he is trying to trace the connection that brought them here

<Xandhil> Have you been here long? What brings you to Diablotin?

<Ranighar> A few days... I came partly to see friends, and to see the city's sights, but partly because of some troubling news as well.

  • Xandhil nods

<Ranighar> Oh, and your brother asked me to bring these books for you.

<Xandhil> oooh!

  • Ranighar hands over some books out of his bag.
  • Xandhil will come to accept them, and give him a quick hug as well
  • Ranighar hugs back

<Xandhil> Did you already mlle Scales?

<Xandhil> (+know)

<Xandhil> Thank you for bringing him here, in any case!

  • Xandhil peeks at the books, but will grudgingly pass them off to Leiris for the moment

<Lathra> Oh no trouble at all, he mentioned that he had an errand here and it was the least I could do.

  • Xandhil nods

<Ranighar> Yes, we knew each other back when she lived on the Shadow Plane.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> Would you like some tea?

  • Lathra nods vigorously.
  • Xandhil gestures for you both cto come and sit if you would like

<Ranighar> Thank you, yes.

<Xandhil> or something else?

  • Xandhil has maybe heard something somethign somethign gin from leiris ;)
  • Lathra cocks her head in thought for a moment.

<Lathra> I *do* rather enjoy Lieris' coffee...

  • Xandhil smirks slightly and nods at his assistant to go make that be a thing
  • Ranighar will come and sit down, while Leiris makes coffee and deals with the books ;)

<Xandhil> So, where are you staying?

<Ranighar> Ah, I had intended to stay at the temple, but that proved impossible... thankfully Lathra was able to put me up for a short while.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> we'd be happy to have you aswe well - though I don't mean to steal your houseguest

  • Xandhil says, the latter to Lathra

<Ranighar> Oh, well I don't want to impose on anyone.

<Xandhil> I know Justen wuld be upset to miss you - though I guess I dont' knwo how lobng you're here. And you said somethign about news...?

<Ranighar> But thank you, I would be happy to see you and Justen as well.

<Ranighar> Yes...

<Lathra> Well I'm sure I won't be offended if you choose to move around but Hissy would miss you awfully.

  • Ranighar chuckles

<Xandhil> ...Hissy?

<Lathra> Did you ever meet Frank? He gets a bit hissy sometimes so I gave him a pet name.

<Leiris> He's a snake.

  • Leiris interjects, bringing over the coffee.

<Xandhil> ahhh

<Xandhil> I haven't had the pleasure, no.

<Lathra> Oh well I'm sure there will come an occasion.

  • Lathra accepts her coffee warmly
  • Xandhil says, wincing internally at the puns

<Ranighar> Well... I did want to talk to you about the issues I mentioned.

  • Xandhil nods
  • Ranighar will run over the same things he told Lathra, re. people's strange visions and 'The Cyst' being mentioned

<Xandhil> if there is anything I can help with, I'd be happy to give it a shot

<Xandhil> things here have been somewhat...overwhelming lately

<Xandhil> (oh timing.... reorder that i suppose)

  • Xandhil frowns, looking concerned

<Xandhil> that's.... not.....good.

<Xandhil> But I suppose I'm not surprised.

<Xandhil> I have heard of the cyst

  • Ranighar nods, listening
  • Xandhil takes a deep breath

<Xandhil> what do either of you know about the origins of the Shadar Kai and the Elves?

<Xandhil> and the Fey, for that matter

  • Xandhil curiouses, as they are serpent priests

<Ranighar> I know some about the elves... it is written that long ago, we were one people with them.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> and the Fey as well

<Xandhil> but within that people there were... differences of interest I suppose?

<Xandhil> something happened - I'm not clearly what - that led to a division

<Xandhil> and to the rise of Serpent as a poer, the creation of time and death....

  • Xandhil shakes his head so that eh doens't get distracted

<Xandhil> The division was into four though

<Xandhil> the elves came here, to the material plane, and the shadar kai to the shadow plane, the fey to the first world...

<Xandhil> there was a fourth group, who left to exlore the oouter planes

<Xandhil> (explore)

<Xandhil> from what I understand, their time there changed them, warping their minds and physical forms so that they couldn't return here without dying

<Xandhil> at least not without some kind of host form

<Lathra> Like some kind of ghosts? Or phantasms? Or spirits? Or boogymen?

<Xandhil> they are real

<Xandhil> they're not gosts - maybe 'spirit' applies in some ways

<Xandhil> Around thirty years ago, one was discovered, possessing a woman here in Diablotin

<Lathra> Oh I didn't mean to imply that they weren't real, I'm sorry!

<Xandhil> no, it's okay

<Xandhil> it that sense, maybe boogeymen is apt - it's pretty terrifying

<Xandhil> this woman was aware of her 'passenger', but she wasn't in full control of herself

<Xandhil> it was difficult to get the creatue to communicate and to manifest itself, though they eventually did

<Xandhil> It called itself the Cyst

<Xandhil> and said it was one of many

<Xandhil> It was thought at the time that it was sort of an....advanced scout, I guess, but there was no further sign of them.... though I guess it was hard enough to find the first one

  • Ranighar frowns, listening

<Xandhil> so, this gets worse :|

<Lathra> Is this the worse? Or is there more that's worse than this?

<Xandhil> I found this out because I was asking about the blighted irminsul

<Xandhil> there is worse

<Xandhil> It was suggested that Amanita - the fey queen of Fungus who is thought to be behind the blight - is not acting under her own power

<Xandhil> and these other ceatures, the cyst, were one possibily for what might be the real origin

<Xandhil> The blighht takes over creaturs, and leaves them mindless.... easy victims for creatures that need physical forms to survive here

<Xandhil> and the irminusul.... its' basically a gate

<Ranighar> that sounds... terrible

<Xandhil> One that, if its power was usurped, could be made to lead to the outer planes

<Xandhil> and facilitate the return of the cyst

<Xandhil> at least, that's what I'm afraid of

<Ranighar> Why would the visions come to people on the Shadow Plane... could this 'blight' you speak of be affecting things there too?

<Xandhil> very possibly?

<Xandhil> I mean, we dont' have a clear idea of what the cyst want

<Xandhil> The blight ios alrady spreading on the First World

<Xandhil> and they've brought it here

<Xandhil> I wouldn't expect them not to try and make some incursion there as well

  • Ranighar nods grimly

<Xandhil> I don't think it is a coincidence that the irminsul was in the Shade

<Xandhil> I feel like there is some connection we are still missing

<Xandhil> well, connections, I should say

<Lathra> There was also that ritual to summon the frozen jerk man, that used our blood?

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> I would assume that's related to your shared ancestry as well

<Xandhil> but I don't know - maybe it means that elves or shadar kai or fey would be more desirable hosts?

<Xandhil> We dont' have a lot of information abotu how it affects fey, that might help

<Ranighar> How would we find out more about that? I don't know any fey to ask.

<Xandhil> There is one, but she hasn' been very cooperative for the most part

<Xandhil> I think the person who has been able to get the most out of her so far is aubrienne

  • Xandhil can give a brief rundown to Ranighar of her brother's kidnapping and that she works with Lathra

<Ranighar> Oh, good... it's someone you know?

<Xandhil> (I assume that was to lathra?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes)

<Lathra> Oh yes indeed!

<Ranighar> well... I didn't meant to draw you into all of this, but it seems like perhaps you are already there.

<Xandhil> I would say...

<Lathra> Yes, perhaps I wasn't clear about that when we first started talking...

<Ranighar> I'm doubly glad that we ran into one another then.

<Lathra> I left out some details because, well, we'd only just run into each other. I don't believe I mentioned that I undertook an expedition to investigate an Irminsul in one of my constituents' brain, for example, or that we'd rescued a faerie flower queen there and brought her back to this world.

<Ranighar> uh... yes. I suppose that hadn't come up @_@

<Ranighar> thank you for this... and I believe that the books your brother sent may have more information.

  • Ranighar says to Xan

<Ranighar> I spoke to him about all of this too

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> what did Rhyl have to say>

<Ranighar> Well, you know him.. mostly he went to look for things in the library that might help.

<Xandhil> fair - the extra resources will help

Solos

Zola updates Xandhil on what's planned for the Shade; they seek out Taz

  • Xandhil is just in his opffice, desperatley eading Sk books ;p

<Xandhil> I think you mean 'boudoire' and that answers that ;)

<Zola> hrmph

  • Zola takes down some drying frilly things

<Zola> anyway >_>

  • Zola arrives at Xan’s office unnaturally early in the morning, like maybe 9 or 10.

<Zola> Yoohoo?

  • Xandhil will be there on his own - perhaps Leiris is out getting other books

<Zola> Just the fellow I need to speak with.

<Xandhil> Morning, Mlle Zola...

<Zola> If you don’t have your schedule handy, it’s OK, because I don’t have an appointment... it’s much too important for that @_@

<Zola> Do you have any coffee brewed by any chance?

  • Zola is doing her best not to look like she needs coffee, but her tone’s a bit frenetic

<Xandhil> I can make some

<Xandhil> Come in

<Zola> You would be my absolute hero.

  • Xandhil can do that
  • Zola is rather already in...

<Xandhil> You look frozen half to death

  • Xandhil invotes her into the comfy seating area ;)

<Zola> The cab I took was clearly stored in one of the areas no one wants to warm up...

  • Zola melts into a seat

<Zola> Hugo and I need your help.

<Zola> We need to stop whatever they’re doing in the Shade, and yesterday.

  • Xandhil looks a little tired already

<Xandhil> do you know what they're doing?

<Xandhil> (chances Xan slept here overnight after reading.... high)

<Zola> Well, we know what Linthira thinks they’re doing... and why it’s a bad idea.

  • Xandhil nods

<Zola> Eirini came by Hugo’s last night and asked him to come speak with her. She said they’re, get this, going to try a repeat of what they did at Seda Grove... because that worked out wonderfully.

<Xandhil> ...

<Xandhil> Do you know what that means though?

<Zola> Yes, I don’t even see how “Do Seda Grove again” even got on the table up there.

<Xandhil> I haven't been able to get a clear answer as to what happened at Seda grove

<Xandhil> other than fire

<Zola> They’re going to siphon off the power of the Irminsul and probably try to make s’more Warforged... which is what they did the first time... except now the Irminsul, and its power, are corrupted.

<Xandhil> I had thought that the deaths wee a matter of fey retaliation

<Xandhil> o_O

<Xandhil> what?

<Zola> Yeah.

<Xandhil> No, you're right, they can't do that

<Xandhil> the power is cirrupt

<Xandhil> and warforged....

<Xandhil> they'd be perfectb hosts @_@

<Zola> So I guess they’ll get Blightforged or whatever catchy name you want to call them.

  • Zola looks at Xandhil oddly.

<Zola> Well their manners are often very good but I’m not sure what that has to do with anything.

<Xandhil> For the cyst.... the creatures from the outer planes

<Xandhil> that are probably behind the blight?

  • Zola looks like she’s drawing a blank anyway >_>
  • Xandhil sighs

<Xandhil> Okay

<Xandhil> I can't keep track of who I've explained what to anymore

<Xandhil> Essentially.... Fey, elves and Shadar Kai all share a common ancestor

  • Zola does look mildly repulsed as she tries to process the name

<Xandhil> when they split, there was also a fourth group who went off to explore the outer planes

<Xandhil> It changed them, to the point where they can't return to this plane without taking over some kind of native creature as a physical host

<Xandhil> it seems at this point very likely that they are controlling Amanita and are behind both the spread of the blight - creating easily contrilled mindless creatures - and the taining of the Irminsul

<Xandhil> which is a gate

<Xandhil> that they cold use to invade here in force

<Zola> D:

<Xandhil> once it is mature

<Xandhil> yes exactly

<Xandhil> that's why they stepped up the efforts to close it down

<Zola> Well ... STUPIDLY

<Xandhil> but if they are just goign to draw off that power to creat warforged.... that seems like an incredibly dangerous plan

<Xandhil> I can't imagine what Loick is thinking @_@

<Xandhil> there's more to it, as well

<Zola> Well Hugo’s going to tell him about everything today. Linthira’s willing to meet with people if they’ll listen to her.

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> I...

<Zola> Why they didn’t try that in the first place, I don’t know

<Xandhil> the cyst is concerning

  • Zola clearly thinks it’s also disgusting

<Xandhil> try what?

<Zola> To ask the Irminsul specialist!

<Xandhil> well, they probably consider her hostile and untrustwrthy

  • Xandhil looks tires and grumpy

<Zola> I wonder why that might be.

<Xandhil> yeah >.>

<Xandhil> void - can hugo actually get in to see Loick?

<Zola> Well he’d better.

<Xandhil> I've been trying to reach him since yesterday, but he's pretty involved with things...

<Zola> Is there someone else we should try?

<Xandhil> I don't know

<Zola> When the four of us met with the Emperor, there was the Warlord, Princess Ilphere, and the Reverend Mother of Owl.

<Zola> Your father must know some people who know some people who can bust through, if Hugo can’t?

<Zola> Oh, and Linthira says that it’ll take all four of them to cure the Blight. Her, Eirlys, Amanita, and the ice fellow.

<Xandhil> right

<Xandhil> that makes sense

<Zola> Who is apparently mostly just trying to stop the blight, not freeze us to death.

  • Xandhil pours you eacha coffee

<Xandhil> yes

<Xandhil> that makes sense

<Xandhil> Ilphere and Alma at lest both have some experience with the Cyst

<Zola> I’m not sure it’ll make sense to Denise, but...

<Xandhil> they would understand

<Xandhil> why this is urgen

<Zola> Ilphere probably has their telephone number.

  • Zola shudders a little

<Xandhil> there is that >.>

<Xandhil> But for all her fascination, she woudl understant that they aren't meant to be here... I think

<Zola> .oO( After she licked it. )

  • Zola shudders again

<Xandhil> Things from the outerplanes are not meant to be comprehensibe to us

  • Zola sips her cold

<Zola> coffee

<Xandhil> you can see the effects of trying >.>

  • Xandhil thinks

<Xandhil> OKay

<Zola> Tell them both!

<Xandhil> Alma is likely to be as busy as Loick right now, but I can try her

<Xandhil> We can also try my brother - he might be able to give us a better idea of what is happening on the ground

<Xandhil> and how imminenet any of this is

<Xandhil> let me make some calls

<Zola> Let me know what I can do to help.

  • Zola delegates authority, then sips her coffee again
  • Xandhil nods to that

<Xandhil> you couls call hugo, and tell him that if he gets to see Loick, to tell him I have had pretty good confirmtation that we are dealing with the cyst

<Zola> I will... if he’s even still at home... and we’re going to shake Tits’ tree down until she gets through to her father too...

  • Xandhil will disappear into his office to use the other phone (by which I mean probably teleport home to do it becuase this is the 1920s ;p)
  • Zola wonders if he’s suggesting she call from there real quick, which would involve her not going out in the cold...

<Xandhil> (well it isn't but you know what I mean)

<Zola> .oO( Excellent. )

  • Xandhil disapppears back into his office for a bit, in anycase >.>
  • Zola calls everyone!
  • Xandhil also?

<Xandhil> (well, he will call alma and probably Vera, anyway)

  • Xandhil returns after a bit

<Xandhil> I couldn't get ahold of anyone....

<Xandhil> well, I got ahold of Sabren

<Zola> Your brother?

<Xandhil> taz is home

<Xandhil> so, we can go wake him up :p

<Xandhil> No one else is getting any sleep :p

  • Zola foregoes the need to know who any of those names are!

<Zola> That’s a good rule for today.

  • Zola downs her coffee.
  • Xandhil finishes his coffee as well, and will bundle up before taking Zola to his car
  • Xandhil will drive you to wherever he and Sabren are staying atm?

<Taz> (I.. actually am not sure right now, under the circumstances. I guess probably atm with... Em? Dez? which sibling seems less likely? ;)

<Xandhil> (Dez, always ;p)

  • Xandhil also apologizes to Em, then ;p
  • Zola :o at the wings
  • Taz will crankily wake up

<Xandhil> Taz

<Xandhil> Sorry

<Xandhil> we really need to know what's going on in the shade

<Zola> And how!

<Taz> They're killing that big fuckin' tree, that's what.

<Xandhil> how?

<Xandhil> seriously, this is important

<Taz> How should I know? Magic stuff, I guess, and they've got some kind of machine they're setting up, but it keeps going haywire.

<Zola> Is it an alchemical apparatus?

<Xandhil> that could be good could be really really bad

<Taz> Do I look like an alchemist? It's a big fuck-off machine that spews smoke and clanks.

  • Xandhil sighs

<Xandhil> have they actually started doing anything to the tree

<Taz> I don't think they're even close to it yet... fucking fey keep getting in the way, or if you get close to it, you get thrown across the street or whatever. It isn't friendly.

<Xandhil> okay

  • Xandhil relaxes a bit

<Xandhil> then we have some time

  • Zola idly looks at the decor

<Taz> Like, I mean sometimes it'll flail you with its branches, but sometimes folks just get picked up by nothing and thrown

<Taz> They're arguing over bombing it from above.

<Xandhil> who is 'they'?

<Taz> The Warlord and other military brass, the Chief Sorc, the Emperor... other folks, I don't know who they are. Not military, anwyay.

<Xandhil> >.>

  • Zola lets out an exasperated sigh

<Xandhil> great

<Xandhil> no idea at all?

<Zola> I meant to ask her if she knew how to move it.

<Taz> I think the main question is how close they can target it.

<Taz> Whether they can take out the tree without taking out a bunch of the city at the same time :p

<Xandhil> and at what point they stop caring :p

<Zola> If they destroy it, it will reform elsewhere, she said... but would the Cyst stop?

<Xandhil> I don't know

<Xandhil> I should ask Rhanigar for more details, if he has them...

<Zola> We might just end up with a gateway to monsterland up in Gouge or something.

<Xandhil> or it might just reform somewhere else in the city

<Xandhil> I don't think it was a coincidene tht it wound up here

<Xandhil> whether that is because of the shadar-kai presence, or something else...

<Xandhil> there is also the....mind tree

<Zola> Right... and she said her power would be weaker... maybe the integrity of the tree itself would be worse off.

<Xandhil> I don't suppose you asked her about that?

<Xandhil> hrm....

<Zola> Well... no... >_>

<Xandhil> okay

<Xandhil> I am trying to think of who else might have useful information, or useful questions

<Zola> It seemed like a second-meeting sortof question, seeing as they’d all be from Seda Grove

<Xandhil> Rhanigar might have more detaisl abotu the cuyst, though they'll be vague and metaphorical

<Xandhil> He's staying with lathra, who might have some thoughts about the tree, since we haven't heard anything back from Ilphere

<Zola> Well, Dorien thought he might have uncovered some laboratory that was distilling some poison out of the blight... or against the blight? I’m not sure what came of that... he thought it might be anti-Shadar-kai.

<Xandhil> Shoudl they get to sleep? :p

<Xandhil> what?

<Zola> No one sleeps today. *nod*

<Xandhil> okay :p

<Taz> If you're done, I'm sleeping :p

<Xandhil> I'll call Lathra and Ranighar, you can call Dorien ;p

  • Xandhil will call then, and see how grumpy an answer he gets ;p

Lathra, Aubrienne, and Titania are brought in to the Zola-Xandhil crisis management team

  • Lathra is actually probably awake early and excited because she has a guest.

<Lathra> Hello?

<Lathra> You've reached Lathra Scales, who's calling please?

<Xandhil> Hi, it's Xan. Apparenlty there have been some deveopments - are you and Ranighar both awake?

<Lathra> Well one of us is...

  • Zola blinks as she realizes Xandhil said Lathra

<Xandhil> okay

<Lathra> I haven't seen Rani yet, but I haven't gone bothering him either.

<Xandhil> Would we be able to have some of your time?

<Xandhil> Yours at least, his if he is awake

<Zola> No one sleeps today.

  • Zola adds helpfully

<Xandhil> Zola says no one sleeps today

  • Xandhil relays dryly

<Zola> I thought she was seeing Leiris.

  • Xandhil sort of shrugs and waves a hand dismissively at that

<Lathra> Well I'll go and knock him up and we'll be over soon... are you at yours?

<Xandhil> no, but we can meet you there

<Xandhil> thank you

  • Xandhil will give his brother one last poke to see if he can add anything helpful about this other party that is involved

<Lathra> Wonderful. Ta ta!

  • Lathra puts the coffee on before waking Rani up.

<Taz> Eggheads. Bean-counters. Scientists. Something like that.

<Zola> Maybe they’re the alchemical company.

  • Taz says somewhat unhelpfully
  • Xandhil reminds himsefl thast SK don't need to sleep that much and that's probably why she can be so cheerful >.>

<Zola> Enjoy your nap before we’re overrun by mindless mushforged.

<Xandhil> I thought we were going with blightforged? :p

<Xandhil> come on

<Zola> Just trying it on :3

  • Xandhil will take zola back to the office to wait for Lathrea and maybe Rani(ghar)
  • Zola reminds Xandhil partway to his office that we’re going to Lathra’s

<Lathra> (nuh uh)

<Xandhil> what, no we're not....

<Zola> (oh no I misread :V)

<Zola> (Also wasn’t on the phone :D)

<Xandhil> back to the office

  • Zola hides in her hat for the rest of the drive

<Xandhil> at least there is coffee there ;p

  • Zola plots to nap on Lathra
  • Lathra arrives (with Rani if he was wakeable?)
  • Ranighar is wakeable
  • Xandhil has made more coffee, but alas leirris is not there to spike it for anyone
  • Ranighar probably didn't sleep too well anyway...
  • Zola will give Lathra a hug at the door

<Xandhil> (too bright, too many colours?)

  • Lathra hugs Zola back

<Ranighar> (and too loud, and also creepy cyst worries ;)

<Xandhil> (join the club :V)

<Lathra> Zola dear! Is everything alright?

<Xandhil> (it is rapidly gaining in membership I think)

  • Xandhil gives Ranighar a hug as well, partly because he needs someone to lean on for a bit

<Zola> Oh, well, I’m fine, but all this tree drama just keeps getting worse.

<Lathra> Yes what on earth is going on? There's an Irminsul in the Shade now?

  • Zola is talking like someone who should be well in bed and is subsisting on caffeine though.
  • Zola blinks at Lathra

<Zola> Yes, dear, that’s not the news though... >_>

<Lathra> Well it's news to me...

  • Zola tired squints at Lathra

<Zola> I thought we’d established that was the Irminsul...

<Zola> Or probably was?

<Xandhil> it's a lot to keep track of

<Zola> And there’s more.

<Zola> Hugo and I met with Linthira this morning...

  • Xandhil will stand by ranighar and quietly fill him in on some details so he isn't completely lost
  • Ranighar can get caught up on Irminsuls and fey queens and so on

<Zola> She tells us they’re planning to redo Seda Grove on the one in the Shade... which I think is a stupid idea, but there you go.

<Zola> She ALSO says that the Warforged are made from the power they siphoned off... and they’re going to do the same thing here... ‘

<Zola> ‘xcept all that power’ll be corrupted, so who knows what’ll come of that.

<Xandhil> nothing good

<Lathra> It... does seem rather risky, given how Seda Grove turned out.

  • Zola makes a totally boggled face at Lathra

<Zola> I know!?

<Zola> So we need to put the brakes on... Hugo’s gone to his uncle Loick...

<Zola> I came to see Mr. Xan here, and we’re gonna hit up Tits for the family connection.

<Xandhil> All of this business is bad enough withou the connection to the cyst

<Xandhil> And now Taz.... he's in he army, and he's Shadar kai, so they let him help out for PR, basically

  • Xandhil says cynically

<Xandhil> he says there are some kind of scientists or alchemists who are working on the operation too

<Xandhil> and they have some kind of probably alchemical machine

<Lathra> My word

<Xandhil> probably to drain the power form the tree.... but that it isn't working right

<Xandhil> anyway

<Xandhil> I told Lathra and Ranighar this earli- yesterday....

<Xandhil> but the cyst can basically possess people

  • Zola makes a disgusted face for Lathra’s benefit

<Xandhil> and I'm not sure if we know how to identify when that's happened

<Zola> Well, Linthira thought Amanita was ‘not herself’.

<Lathra> I'm all for putting the brakes on, but does anybody know... what they actually think they're doing? Is it possible that they have a plan that is a good plan?

<Lathra> Also who is "they"?

<Zola> I don’t see how they could have a good plan without at least talking to Linthira.

<Zola> ... and his brother said the Warlord, Chief Sorcerer and the Emperor at least were in on the details

  • Xandhil nods

<Xandhil> and these scientists

<Xandhil> Amanita bewing 'not herself' is exactly what I'm afraid of

<Xandhil> or was... having confirmtion is a little terrifying

<Zola> Linthira ... she’s like the Tree Queen to Eirlys’ Flower Queen position... she’s not even sure she could cure her -_-

<Xandhil> :|

<Xandhil> If she is possessed.... that's been dealth with before, at least with humans

<Xandhil> Loick was there, if we could ever reach him :p

  • Xandhil considers the phone

<Zola> Maybe it’s been him all along @_@

  • Xandhil sighs

<Xandhil> I really hope not -_-

<Xandhil> who else can we try calling?

<Zola> We could talk to Tit...ania next?

  • Xandhil waves you at the phone

<Xandhil> have at?

  • Zola call then
  • Titania answers groggily

<Titania> Something had better be on fire -_-

<Zola> Well actually it’s a fire we’re trying to prevent, hon...

<Titania> hmmhhpm? Zola?

<Zola> Yeah... no one sleeps today.

<Titania> what's wrong?

  • Xandhil will gets more coffee/tea ready for his guests and potential guests ;p

<Zola> We need you to call Daddy and get him to stop what he’s doing in the Shade. It’s of the utmost importance @_@

<Zola> End of the world sort of stuff?

<Titania> you might be overestimating my ability to get my father to do anything

<Zola> Well it would at least confuse him right? Being all opinionated on this?

<Titania> uhhhh maybe

<Zola> Well we’ve got Hugo working on his uncle... we need you on the Emperor and ... I guess Xan here’s going to try to get ahold of the Reverend Mother...

<Zola> Lathra’s here too.

<Zola> Say hi Lathra!

<Titania> hi Lathra

<Zola> And some friend of theirs named Rani

<Zola> She says hi

<Zola> So should we all come over?

<Xandhil> ...

<Titania> uhhhh. give me like... 20 minutes?

<Xandhil> or she can come here ;p

<Lathra> Oh, "Hello Titania!"

<Zola> Mr. Orecalo says here might be better

  • Lathra waves at the phone

<Zola> We do have coffee ready.

<Titania> okay. I can come over.

<Titania> But still - 20 minutes.

<Titania> At least.

<Titania> oh - to Xan's house, or his office?

<Zola> Office.

<Titania> okay

<Zola> See you soon

<Zola> Mwah!

  • Titania will wake up Aubrienne, then

<Aubrienne> *grumble grumble*

<Titania> Hey, babe... I guess I have to go put out fires in the Shade.

<Aubrienne> Personally?

<Titania> indirectly. I hope.

<Titania> Zola called and ... something about end of the world stuff.

<Aubrienne> Also, more importantly, literal or figurative ones?

<Titania> She was a little overexcited.

  • Aubrienne springs up

<Aubrienne> Oh!

<Aubrienne> Well, then, that's likely pretty important.

<Titania> Anyway I guess I'm going over to Xandhil Orecalo's office to... try and get my father on the phone? or something?

<Titania> Do you wanna come?

<Aubrienne> Of course.

  • Aubrienne gives TItania a kiss.

<Aubrienne> Do we need to drive separately?

<Titania> ....mmm, nah. they're too overwrought to notice.

<Aubrienne> Fair enough.

<Titania> Anyway, you needed a place to stay, and I offered, because I'm a generous and kindhearted boss  :)

<Aubrienne> The most generous and kindheartedest.

  • Titania smiles
  • Aubrienne will get up and get dressed.

<Titania> when this is all over, I'm taking you on a vacation.

  • Titania says as she gets some clothes on.

<Titania> Maybe before it's over. Depends how it goes :p

  • Aubrienne laughs

<Aubrienne> It's a date.

  • Titania will head over to Xan's office with you
  • Xandhil tries calling the others on the list but with no more success

<Zola> Sending would be pretty useful right now >_>

  • Xandhil has coffee foe when people show up
  • Titania comes in with a ponytail and no makeup, and Aubrienne in tow >.>
  • Zola hugs everyone!

<Aubrienne> Hey, I hear it's the end of the world?

<Zola> Maybe @_@

  • Aubrienne similarly has hugs for everyone.

<Xandhil> it is not as useful when people like to shield thiemselves from unwanteds spells

<Zola> I suppose, maybe important people get a lot of them in the run of a day >_>

<Aubrienne> I imagine it would be difficult to get anything done if you were in an important position and *not* shielded from spells like that.

  • Xandhil will sit once you guys are in, so as to politely decline any offered hugs >.>

<Zola> So, I’ll let our intrepid investigator explain. >_>

  • Xandhil will take a deep breath and recap re: new info on/confirmation of the cyst and zola's visit to Linthira

<Xandhil> I gave Loick a report weeks ago telling him about the possible gate, and the nature of the blight and such

<Xandhil> but at that point it was more theoretical

<Titania> But now they're taking it seriously, I guess?

<Xandhil> With what Ranighar has told us, though, it confirms some things that were suspected befpre, and not in a good way

<Xandhil> I don't know - if they were taking it seriously I can't fathonm why they would thin that trying to harness that corrupted magical energy could be in any way a good plan

<Xandhil> and especially not to use it to create sentient life

<Xandhil> or try

<Titania> do we know that's what they're doing?\

<Titania> for sure, I mean?

<Zola> Well, that’s what Linthira thought... I’m not sure how she knows, though?

<Zola> It’s her tree?

<Xandhil> she was there the first time

<Titania> this tree is her tree too?

<Xandhil> we don't know what they are doing for sure thouh, no, but we can't get ahold of anyone who might have more answers

<Titania> I don't know about the logistics of ... tree-ownership

<Zola> She says she’s drawn to it... but maybe she’s just drawn to all irminsuls?

<Zola> ... if there’s more than one?

<Titania> So... I don't want to poop on your parade.

<Xandhil> we really should ask her aout the dream one

<Titania> But if this tree is all blighted up... how do you know she isn't lying or manipulating things to make the situation worse?

<Aubrienne> Is there a way to detect the Cyst?

<Titania> what if it's affecting her

<Xandhil> I'm not sure - ypu might be ale to see them with true seeing...

<Zola> Well...

<Xandhil> but I'm not sure

<Aubrienne> So there's an insidious alien presence attempting to enter our reality and can take over beings here, and we have no way to be sure if someone is affected or not?

<Xandhil> there was a man who had the ability to see them.... but he was murdered by evictors years ago

<Zola> Bastards.

<Aubrienne> What she said.

<Aubrienne> Any chance someone else might have that ability? Who was that man?

<Xandhil> his name was Nestory Dryden

<Xandhil> (nestor even)

<Xandhil> He was part demon, which is presumably why they murdered him

<Titania> ... Is that just ... a thing that comes with being part demon? or ...

<Xandhil> he'd had a position of power in the government - secretary maybe? for a while at the beginning of your father's reign

<Xandhil> no.

<Xandhil> From what I understand, it varies a lot

<Xandhil> If there is someone out there who can do it, I don't think it is anyone known

<Lathra> Do we know if a simple detection spell could work? Does anybody know if she's usually evil?

<Zola> Linthira?

<Zola> I think dryads are generally not evil ...

<Zola> Generally >_>

<Lathra> Amanita, I was thinking

<Zola> I don’t know about... mush...queens

<Aubrienne> M. Orecalo, did Dryden have any family, by chance?

<Xandhil> Eirlys thinks she is awful, but I'm not sure we can really take her word for ir.

<Xandhil> he had an adopted daughter, yes

<Aubrienne> Eirlys thinks everyone who isn't a plant is awful.

<Xandhil> Lurancy... She;s a preistess of Serpent in Sirris's church

<Lathra> Lurancy...?

<Xandhil> (priestess I can speeeeeeeil ;p)

<Aubrienne> But she's adopted?

<Xandhil> yes.

<Aubrienne> And his ability to see the Cyst was inborn, not learned, right?

<Xandhil> I believe so

<Xandhil> She might know more?

<Aubrienne> I suppose it's worth asking her.

<Xandhil> but the one cyst sighting we know of was over 30 years ago now

<Zola> If nothing else... it must be worth them talking to Linthira? If she’s not trying to make things worse, well she’d be the expert ...

<Xandhil> and if she is trying to make things worse, they'll be better able to assess it

<Zola> She didn’t even say she’d send Eirini... she made it sound like she’d come herself.

<Titania> So basically what I'm hearing is... we don't really know what's going on, except that it's bad, and we want to slow things down so we can figure it out.

<Xandhil> yes

<Xandhil> that's it exactly

  • Titania nods

<Xandhil> taz says they're talking about bombing the tree

<Titania> bombing a residential neighbourhood?!

<Xandhil> yeah

<Xandhil> :|

<Aubrienne> They can't do that.

<Aubrienne> I doubt everyone is out.

<Xandhil> they *shouldn't*

<Xandhil> yeah

<Zola> They can if they think they need to...

<Xandhil> even if they are

<Zola> Don’t mushrooms have spores that spread? Wouldn’t that be bad too?

<Xandhil> yeah

  • Zola looks around at the assembled ... non-biologists.

<Aubrienne> We don't really know how any of this is spread, do we?

<Titania> I'll try to get my father on the phone. and if I can't get him, I'll try my brothers, and my sister, and Aunt Ilphere and Uncle Menard, and anyone until I get an answer.

<Xandhil> thanks

  • Zola will get up and give Titania a big fortifying hug

<Zola> Our heroine <3

<Titania> can I use the phone in your office?

  • Titania asks Xan

<Xandhil> of course

<Titania> can I get a giant cup of coffee first, too?

<Xandhil> yes

  • Xandhil can pull himself out of his chair and make that happen

<Lathra> Oh and afterwards I could call dear Lurancy and ask her if she knows anything about her father's talent.

  • Aubrienne will give Titania's hand a squeeze as surreptitiously as possible

<Zola> I’ll hum an inspirational tune!

  • Titania squeezes back

<Titania> If phone calls don't work, I'll go to the palace.

<Titania> They can't just not let me talk to anyone there :p

  • Zola will sit nearish TItania and inspire competence in her convincing oratory or whatever.

<Titania> ... that came out more confusingly than I meant.

<Titania> I really need that coffee.

  • Xandhil can provide!
  • Titania will start trying her phone calls, then

<Xandhil> anyone else?

<Lathra> Oo me! Yes please!

  • Aubrienne will take one.

<Aubrienne> Thank you.

<Titania> (this will be a lot of "No, put me through to him. No really, put me through. No I won't hold.")

  • Xandhil will make coffee go
  • Xandhil will also produce a bottle of alcohol but you can spike your own drinks ;)

<Lathra> , o O (He *does* like me!)

<Aubrienne> I assume you only have the one phone line here, right?

<Xandhil> right

<Aubrienne> *sigh* All right. She'll probably be on the phone a while...

<Xandhil> why?

<Aubrienne> I don't like the idea of sitting around while they're thinking of bombing my neighborhood.

  • Xandhil will make sure the bottle gets to tits at some point

<Aubrienne> I thought there might be something I could do there.

<Xandhil> oh?

  • Zola observes more intimidation than oratory going on, but shrugs
  • Zola leans around the corner at the rest of you. “You know, I bet we could stir up a little mini-protest if we had to... you know, if Tits doesn’t get anywhere with daddy.”

<Aubrienne> Well, if they're only watching the streets, there might be ways for me to get in, and a lot of people who haven't left could still go without passing the soldiers, and I might could help anyone else get out.

<Aubrienne> I know people who know people who know the tunnels. :/

<Xandhil> ahhhhh

<Aubrienne> Where, though, Zola? We obviously shouldn't get any more people any closer.

<Xandhil> didn't you say that Amanita's factiou have been usning the undergrounf though?

<Xandhil> (Sorry, cat)

<Xandhil> (faction have been using the underground)

<Xandhil> that seems especially risky

  • Zola looks at Aubrienne ... “Well... yeah, but maybe they won’t proceed if people are all riled up?”
  • Titania will finally get through to *someone* at least, judging by the sounds of her conversation changing from 'dealing with flunkies' to 'actually talking to someone I know'

<Titania> Uncle Menard? Thank gods, at least I got through to *someone*.

<Aubrienne> Maybe it's risky, but I'd hate to think I did nothing.

<Aubrienne> That said, maybe Zola's right and a demonstration is in order.

<Titania> No, I'm fine, but listen, the stuff in the Shade, it needs to go ... on pause for a bit. And I need to talk to Father.

<Titania> ... yes, I understand. I know.

<Xandhil> maybe, but tensions are already pretty high over this, and there are a lot of guards there wit frayed nerves

<Titania> This is very important.

<Xandhil> I don't want to see things get worse

<Aubrienne> But it wouldn't have to be there.

<Xandhil> it would definitely be possib;e to get people out though

  • Xandhil nods thoughtfully

<Xandhil> that's true

<Xandhil> then we'd just have to worry about the colour guard

  • Xandhil makes a face

<Aubrienne> :/

<Xandhil> lets see if 'ania gets anywhere

  • Titania is in the middle of a long pause right now
  • Xandhil says as though he has called her that since they were kids and he stubbornly refuses to call her 'Tits' ;p
  • Zola thinks it’s cute :3

<Titania> ... Father! Yes, I know. I know you're busy.

<Titania> I wouldn't call if it wasn't incredibly important.

<Titania> There is a lot of concern about what's happening in the Shade. And I know what you're going to say, so just...skip it and listen to me for one minute.

  • Zola hums her inspiring tune! which is BY DEFINITION NOT ANNOYING since it is INSPIRING

<Titania> There's fey queens and Blights and Cysts from the Outer Planes and we don't understand this and if you're going to tell me you do, then you better explain it.

  • Xandhil pays close attention to thos side of the conversation

<Titania> Because if you bomb the Shade, there are going to be riots in the streets, and no one is going to care if you did it for a good reason.

  • Xandhil hopes this doesn't come back on Taz

<Titania> So hold back. Keep the troops where they are if you need to, but don't go on with whatever this plan is until we have a chance to talk. At least for a day.

<Titania> Just one day.

<Titania> Just until we have a chance to talk, even.

<Titania> ...

<Titania> Thank you.

<Titania> Yes, I'll come as soon as I can.

<Titania> .. I love you Dad. Don't do anything awful, okay?

  • Zola awww
  • Titania hangs up

<Xandhil> Do you want me to come with you?

<Titania> ... He's willing to talk to me. And probably I can bring Xan, for better explanations of things than I can manage.

  • Titania nods

<Xandhil> okay

<Xandhil> Leiris should be in soon

  • Zola gives Tits another hug

<Xandhil> You can stay if you like, and if you leave before he gets in, please just lock the door

<Aubrienne> <quietly, to Tits> Are you going to be all right?

  • Xandhil will also apologize to ranighar for the chaos and hopes they can have some more quiet time to talk soon @_@

<Titania> I'll have to be, I guess...

<Titania> I'm sorry I can't take you with me, but I'll be back as soon as I can.

<Aubrienne> Good luck, and thank you.

  • Titania squeezes your hands and, ignoring who may be watching, gives you a kiss
  • Aubrienne is surprised but happy
  • Zola is also a little confused, but is super tired... “I’m going to go wait for Hugo so I can tell him his terrorist friend might be getting a call.”

<Aubrienne> Really holding you to that vacation now.

<Titania> :)

Denise is assigned a task by Ander

  • Ander can invite you for a drink in the hotel bar ^-^
  • Denise is so down with that!

<Denise> this place is so swell1

<Ander> It's pretty swanky :)

  • Ander agrees

<Ander> How're you an' Enver doin'? Havin' a good time so far?

<Denise> and things've been goin', well, mostly pretty good I think?

<Denise> yeah, we tracked down some of his folks yesterday... It weren't all bad but it weren't real cheery-like, neither

<Ander> Ah, yeah?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> just personal stuff, is all

<Ander> Is he doin' okay?

<Denise> yeah, he just wanted to do some thinkin' on his own

  • Ander nods

<Ander> Well, is he gonna feel up for goin' out later?

<Ander> On work, I mean, not to a club or somethin'.

<Denise> oh yeah, he'll be good

<Denise> you got somethin; for us to do>

<Denise> ?

<Ander> Yeah.

  • Ander sips his whiskey
  • Denise waits, sipping on her beer

<Ander> I been checkin' into the situation here, figurin' out who to talk to an' such, when it comes to import an' transport

  • Denise nods

<Denise> Is it one of them folkd from the Sunset Sails?

<Ander> I heard that name come up, like kinda neutral territory where folks'll meet up to talk deals.

<Denise> :3

<Denise> guess what though?

<Ander> What?

<Denise> the Woman who runs it.... is my aunt :o

<Denise> she gave me'n Enver the low down on all kinda fiolks who meet there

<Ander> Hey, that's great!

<Denise> un huh!

<Ander> What's her name?

<Denise> Aina LaPierre

  • Ander makes a mental note of that

<Ander> Well, that's real good to know.

<Ander> Anyway, I got some info about some of the factions here - there's different groups, like you'd expect in any big city

  • Denise nods

<Denise> un huh

  • Denise can fill in some things that they learned from Aina, in case any of it is relevant

<Ander> The Magloires an' the Bennings are two of the main families - like the Corriveaux back home, 'cept less warm an' friendly.

  • Denise makes a face

<Denise> un huh

<Ander> But there's also a big Shadar-kai group here, tied up with the Nhau'kel. I ain't quite sure yet if they're the same bunch or just like doin' business with each other. But there's way more of 'em here than back home, for sure, an' they go back an' forth a lot easier.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> it ain't the middle of nowhere for 'em on the other side over here I think

<Ander> Yeah

<Ander> One of their big city's kinda right over top of this one.

  • Denise nods

<Ander> So anyway, I got a meetin' set up with one o' their big shots, late tonight.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> I can be ready for that

<Ander> I was figurin' you an' Enver could go ahead an' scope out the site, make sure it's all clear, that sorta thing.

<Denise> an Enver too

  • Denise nods

<Denise> okay

<Ander> They wanna meet down at the docks, an' I just feel like a place like there, there's all sorta hiding places

<Denise> we can look around...

<Denise> but like, with shadar kai there's gonna be places we can't look, ya know?

<Ander> Yeah, I get that. I'll wanna have you there for the meetin' too, for sure.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> we can maybe figure out best places an such, too

<Ander> I mostly wanna make sure we ain't gonna get boxed in. I know *they* can get away whenever they feel like it, but we can't.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> an there ain't no tunnels here, even

  • Ander nods

<Denise> how far ahead do you tihnk it's worth goin'?

<Ander> Maybe about an hour or so? Don't wanna go too early.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> got it

<Ander> Me an' Ralf were thinkin' we'd hang back - there's a restaurant a bit up the street we were gonna check out. But we won't be real far if you need anythin'.

<Ander> (we totally aren't going on a date while you do the grunt work >.>)

<Denise> okay

<Denise> anythin' else we oughtta know?

<Ander> The lady I'm supposed to be meetin' is named Clavdra Hviir. She's one of the higher-ups, apparently, though prolly not as near the top as she'd like to be.

  • Denise nods

<Ander> An' she'll be there with prolly at least a couple bodyguards, I'd expect. Although if they're already there when you show up, that might be a bad sign :p

  • Denise nods
  • Ander will give you the exact location where the meeting is supposed to take place
  • Denise will do her best to commit it to memory

<Ander> Anyway... you got a few hours to kill. Maybe grab a drink to take up to your fella, an' cheer him up a bit :)

<Denise> uh, sure thing, boss ^-^

<Denise> we can come find you ooutside the restaurant if all's well?

<Ander> Yeah, sounds good. An' we'll all walk back over together from there.

<Denise> great!

<Denise> Thanks for the drink - I'll see you later then - hopefully it'll all go smooth :3

  • Ander nods, and will go back to hanging with Ralf and chatting up everyone else in the bar ;)

Dorien 'defoliates' his dad

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, it's mid-afternoon when you get a phone call at work

<Dorien> "Research and Development, Dorien speaking..."

<Sylvise> Dorien!

<Dorien> Mom?

<Dorien> Hey... is everything ok?

  • Sylvise sounds out of breath and upset

<Sylvise> Something awful has happened, it's your father...

<Dorien> Oh gods... is it his heart?

<Sylvise> No, it's... I don't know what it is, exactly.

<Dorien> Ok, just... ummm... relax and breathe. What's going on?

  • Sylvise tries to compose herself so that she can explain

<Sylvise> He's been acting off for the last few days or maybe a week?

<Sylvise> I thought he might just be upset with all the problems Gen has been having, or stressed about work

<Dorien> Ok...

<Sylvise> but Gen had been keeping some plant samples in the conservatory to study them, and then it seems that they... I don't know, infected your father. He tried to attack her and ran off.

<Dorien> The plants... infected him?

<Dorien> Oh void...

<Dorien> Was it a fungus? Is Gen there now?

<Sylvise> She's there but she's very distraught...

<Sylvise> But yes, some kind of fungus I think.

<Dorien> "Ok, mom, I need you to just stay calm. " Dorien says as he panics

<Sylvise> Something to do with what's going on in the Shade?

<Dorien> Ok, I'm on my way. Do you know where he went? Did he head towards the Shade?

<Sylvise> I'm not certain - there was a slight fire, and I also called the guards, and by the time I got outside to try and follow him, he was gone.

<Sylvise> I need to call your sister too

<Dorien> Ok. Call Lucette. Have her meet you at the house. And tell Gen to get rid of those samples as soon as possible. I'm gonna see if I can find Dad.

<Sylvise> Oh the samples were part of the small fire >.>

<Dorien> I.... ok. Are they gone, then?

<Sylvise> well, they were on fire when I threw them out the window

<Dorien> Uhhh.... yeah, that should do it. Hopefully.

<Dorien> (I'm assuming my rubber plant is closer to the shade than their house? They're on the opposite side of the city...)

<Sylvise> (yes)

<Sylvise> Call me if you find him, please

<Sylvise> There should be guards out looking for him too, although they did say they were very busy right now >.>

<Dorien> Ok, mom, just stay where you are. I'll do everything I can. I'm heading out now. Keep Gen there. When Lucette gets there maybe the two of you can try to scry for him or... something.

<Sylvise> All right - be careful, dear

<Sylvise> I love you

<Dorien> I'll try...

<Dorien> I love you too.

  • Dorien will hang up and run to tell his boss that he needs to leave urgently on family business.

<DiablotinNarrator> All right, you can get permission to leave work early

<Dorien> (Cool)

  • Dorien will head to the Shade. Where is the factory located?

<DiablotinNarrator> Your factory is located north of Rhenea, so you basically need to go directly south - there are streetcars that run that direction, or you could probably flag down a taxi once you get a little more into the city.

<Dorien> (Yeah, I'll flag a taxi) and head to the eastern border of the Shade. Hopefully he'd have to come that direction to get there.

<Dorien> (Also, drinking a potion of heightened awareness on the way)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> It's very weird around the Shade - deserted in some areas except for guards, while in other places, there are crowds of people trying to see what's going on near the perimeter the guards have set up

<Dorien> I'll keep an eye out for people trying to get through the perimiter

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, make a Perception check

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+14

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 23 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You search around the edge of the perimeter, looking for signs of unusual activity or disturbances

<DiablotinNarrator> You get a few guards telling you to move along, but mostly they seem more concerned about things *inside* the perimeter than about what's going on outside it

<Dorien> (No sign of Jerard?)

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't see him yet - if he was traveling on foot, it would likely take him a while to get here, assuming this is where he was headed

<Dorien> (Can I see anything of what's going on inside the perimeter?)

<DiablotinNarrator> There are fires burning, you can see that much - like controlled fires, maybe in trash barrels or the like, not just burning down houses or whatever. As you circle around, you can sometimes catch sight of military troops patrolling inside, some wearing odd equipment or with strange accessories

<DiablotinNarrator> Odd equipment like tanks on their backs with spray nozzles, for instance

<Dorien> Sounds about right

<DiablotinNarrator> Some have gas masks, as well, like the kind used in the war

<Dorien> I'll start making my way east slowly, checking side streets and looking for any signs of him

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - do you have k: local? I forget

<Dorien> No, but Heightened awareness gives me +2 on perception and knowledge checks for the duration

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> another Perception check then

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+14

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+14 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 14 ] totals [ 18 ].

<Dorien> :/

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you're trying your best, but it's a large area to cover and there are a lot of possible side-streets and hiding places

<Dorien> (Does the city have pay phones? Is that a thing yet?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yes, you could find a phone to use if you want)

<Dorien> (I'll call Sylvise and see if there's any news)

<Sylvise> Hello?

<Dorien> Mom!

<Sylvise> Did you find him?

<Dorien> I'm in Rhenea, near the Shade. No sign of him yet, but I'm looking. HAve you heard anything?

<Sylvise> Well, the guards called back just a few minutes ago - they said someone had reported a man matching his description was seen on Duleve Street, headed in the direction of the Shade. Someone called it in because he was acting so oddly.

<Dorien> I'm on it!

<Sylvise> be careful!

  • Dorien will run

<Dorien> (Hopefully I know where that is... >.> )

<DiablotinNarrator> Fortunately you do!

<Dorien> (Yay!)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make your way there, and try to pick up his trail

<DiablotinNarrator> This is a more busy commercial area, so there are quite a lot of people around as it's just around the time when folks are getting off from work, looking for dinner, doing a few errands before heading home, etc.

  • Dorien will run as fast as he can. He's not built for this and the smoking doesn't help

<DiablotinNarrator> However, you can pick up signs of some disturbances that give you reason to think you might be headed in the right direction

<Dorien> (Oh! I drink an expeditious retreat potion :P)

<DiablotinNarrator> The traditional fruit vendor's cart knocked over, that kind of thing ;)

<Dorien> hee

<Dorien> (Plate glass window deliverers)

<DiablotinNarrator> hee

<Dorien> (My cabbages!)

<DiablotinNarrator> After drinking the potion, you pick up speed and finally you spot some commotion just up ahead - people running out of the way of whatever it is

<Dorien> (Closing in and trying to see what the commotion is)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, you close in and see your father. He's sort of walking/shambling along, but in a way that doesn't seem right - like he's not moving quite naturally. You watch as someone gets in his way and he shoots them with some kind of ...pod? that bursts into a cloud of spores, sending the person reeling back.

<Dorien> Oh fuck...

<Dorien> DAD!

  • Jerard does not turn or seem to register that you yelled at all, just keeps moving

<Dorien> (hrrrrrmmmmm...)

<Dorien> I'm going to try to tackle him.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<DiablotinNarrator> I guess that's a CRM roll

<Dorien> (Oh... yay.)

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+4

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 5 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (hah)

<Dorien> (haaaaaaaaa)

<DiablotinNarrator> You try to tackle him, slip on a patch of ice, skid into his legs, and the two of you both are knocked over in a pile of limbs

<Dorien> Owwwwww

  • Jerard looks annoyed and confused as he tries to stand up again

<Dorien> Dad, please!

<Dorien> Stop!

  • Jerard shoots at you with his spores

<Jerard> !roll 1d20+7

  • BalthCat rolls for Jerard: [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Dorien> (yup)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Fort save for you

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+6

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 11 ].

<Dorien> (Can I destiny that?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure if you want)

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+6

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 13 ].

<Dorien> -_-

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d4

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d4 ] getting [ 2 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Your Wis drops by 2

<DiablotinNarrator> (on the plus side, maybe this makes you more likely to defoliant your dad? ;)

<Dorien> Void....

  • Dorien takes out a defoliant bomb.

<Dorien> I hope to fuck this works...

<DiablotinNarrator> This close, you can see the blackish patch of mold spreading on his neck

<Dorien> I'll throw it.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You're really close so it's basically going to be like shoving it at him

<DiablotinNarrator> You'll be in the area of effect too

<Dorien> That's fine

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+9

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 19 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> THat'll hit

<DiablotinNarrator> Roll for the damage on him, then the damage on you, I guess

<Dorien> the damage on me is 8

<Dorien> on him:

<Dorien> !roll 3d8+5

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 3d8+5 ] getting [ 4 6 3 ] for a total of [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 18 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you can see the mold seem to shrink away and visibly crawl along his skin, under his shirt, like it's trying to take shelter from the deathbringer

<Dorien> Is he still moving?

  • Jerard is sort of twitching and trying to crawl, but he doesn't look at all well

<Dorien> Oh thank god...

<Dorien> I'm going to try to hold him down and shout for someone to call an ambulance

<DiablotinNarrator> You can do that - you can feel the mold squirming around under his shirt as you do, though

<Dorien> (ewwwww)

<DiablotinNarrator> A tendrilly patch of it tries to reach out for your hand

<Dorien> Fuck!

<Dorien> I'll try to keep away from it

<DiablotinNarrator> It already seems like it's starting to spread again, healing itself from the damage you inflicted...

<Dorien> (fuuuuuuuck)

<DiablotinNarrator> (bomb him again? or try something else?)

<Dorien> (I'll hit us both with another dose. This is gonna hurt.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<Dorien> (Do I need to roll to hit?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'll say no since you're basically sitting on top of him at this point)

<DiablotinNarrator> (it's a coup de grace with a bomb.)

<Dorien> ....Oh.

<Dorien> (Welll... when you put it like that...)

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh ... I'm not saying not to do it - just that I mean you don't need to roll to hit ;)

<Dorien> (Ok... instead I'm going to try to physically remove the fungus)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

<DiablotinNarrator> You can rip his shirt off and get a better view of it, spreading over his back and shoulders

<Dorien> Oh gods... this is not smart...

  • Dorien grabs it with both hands and yanks

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Strength check

<Dorien> (LOL)

<Dorien> !roll 1d20

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 3 ].

<Dorien> Destiny

<Dorien> !roll 1d20

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 1 ].

<Dorien> ...

<Dorien> ...

<Dorien> ...

<DiablotinNarrator> (bomb time, then? - Heather may be on to something with the idea of trying to pour the active ingredient straight onto it)

<Dorien> (Can I do that?)

<Dorien> (If so, then sure)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'd say yes... I mean, not in combat usually, but right now you've got him pinned down, so you could take a moment to ... I don't know how they work exactly, but break or disassemble the bomb)

<Dorien> (Ok)

<DiablotinNarrator> Roll for just the plant damage to pour it on, I guess

<Dorien> (Doing so)

<Dorien> !roll 3d8+5

  • BalthCat rolls for Dorien: [ 3d8+5 ] getting [ 5 6 5 ] for a total of [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 21 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - you exfoliate your father's back. I mean defoliate.

<Dorien> (heh)

<DiablotinNarrator> You watch as the mold shrivels up and starts to flake and crumble away

<Jerard> ... what on earth @_@

  • Jerard mutters
  • Dorien will make sure all of it is fucking dead

<Dorien> Dad!

<Jerard> Dorien?

  • Jerard says weakly

<Dorien> Dad, thank the gods....

<Jerard> what happened?

<Dorien> Just hang on, the ambulance is on its way

<Dorien> It's a long story

<Dorien> You're ok now.

<Dorien> Just try to relax

<Jerard> .... I feel like I was hit by a truck.

<Dorien> That was a bomb.

<Jerard> oh, well then

<DiablotinNarrator> The ambulance will arrive shortly, and they can get your father to the hospital for treatment.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Anyway, I don't want to hold up the start of Ashland, but I'll assume you can let your mother know what happened, and go along to the hospital to stay with your dad? unless you wanted to do something else instead)

<Dorien> (No, that sounds good. If you want we can try to do that as a thread or a side scene another time, ut otherwise we can assume it happens)

  • Dorien will go with his father to the hospital and call Silvise from there

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, sounds good)

<Dorien> (That was super intense! THanks!)


Denise and Enver try to connect with smugglers

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - you and Enver can head down to the docks at the appointed time. and you might as well open roll20 just to be prepared...

  • Denise will fill him n on everything Ander said :3

<Enver> Man, Shadar-kai would have even better ways to get stuff moved around...

<Denise> yeah, right?

<Denise> I think that's the idea, maybe....

<Denise> if we can get in on whatever they're doin without getting fucked >.>

  • Enver nods

<Enver> Well, let's take a look around, I guess

  • Denise nods

<DiablotinNarrator> You can head out to the wharf Ander told you about, where there is a single, fairly small boat, like a fishing boat maybe, docked, and a number of crates and boxes stacked around that make it hard to see if someone could be hiding.

  • Denise will have a look around a little more carefully, incase there are like... stashes of stuff

<Denise> he waned to make sure we'd have a way out too, just in case.

<Enver> Well, there's always jumpin' in the water I guess. but otherwise, we gotta go out along this little walkway.

  • Denise will take a loot aroujnd it

<DiablotinNarrator> Are you walking all the way out to the area with the boxes and barrels and such to look around?

<DiablotinNarrator> Enver will accompany you, and look around as well

<DiablotinNarrator> You can both make Perception rolls

<Denise> (oh crap I already levelled -_-)

<DiablotinNarrator> (ah, dont' worry about it. we can say Denise levelled while she was away.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (all that family drama... ;p)

<Denise> (okay ;)

<Enver> Hey... hi there, fella...

  • Enver crouches down by some crates, like he's talking to someone
  • Sylvise is now known as Mutt
  • Denise comes over to look
  • Mutt is a skinny looking dog that is huddling under the boxes for shelter

<Denise> awww

<Enver> I wish I had some food to give it

  • Enver holds out his hand to let the dog sniff it warily

<Enver> see, it's okay, we ain't gonna hurt you

<Denise> yeah, I ain't got nothin neither...

  • Denise looks around but presumably anythig worth scavenging has alread been scavenged
  • Mutt peeks out from its little nook to investigate you two a bit more

<Denise> poor lil thing...

  • Mutt sniffs Enver and then licks his fingers, wagging its tail.

<Enver> aw :)

<Enver> that's a good... girl.

<Denise> :3

  • Enver says, taking a little peek to check on that last part ;p

<Denise> She likes you

  • Enver nods
  • Mutt perks her ears up and growls at something
  • Denise looks
  • Enver stands up too
  • Denise is familiar with street dog instincts from when the Swarm had a "pet"

<DiablotinNarrator> Several dark-clothed figures just appeared out of nowhere, and you can see the glint of weapons in the darkness

<Denise> that ain't real friendly...

<Denise> >:|

  • Enver will draw his weapons too

<DiablotinNarrator> You hear a voice say in Shadar-kai "Get rid of them"

  • Denise drops into, for now, a defensive stance

<DiablotinNarrator> (and we can roll init, over in roll20)

<Denise> (roll 20 hates <3s)

  • Denise and Enver are jumped by three shadar kai. They defeat the two goons, with some help from the mutt, but the leader, a woman wielding claws and a spiked shield, manages to escape. She says (in shadar-kai) "The cyst prepares the way. This one will return." And then she disappears!

<Enver> ... what's that supposed to mean? is the cyst some other gang?

<Denise> I aint got no idea...

<Enver> well... this fella's still alive. maybe we can bandage him up an' get him to talk?

  • Denise pokes at her injuries and looks annoyed

<Denise> that coulda gone better...

<Enver> are you okay?

  • Denise nods

<Denise> Yeah....

<Denise> Well, I prolly oughtta clean up before I go anywhere nice :p

<Denise> can you go find Ralf an Ander?

<Enver> Yeah, sure thing

<Denise> I'll keep this asshold form gettin' anywhere

  • Enver gives you a hug and a kiss first though
  • Denise asks him, as he is less bloodied >.>

<Denise> :)

  • Enver will run off, and you can hang out with a dog and an unconscious guy
  • Denise will check him out and disarm him

<DiablotinNarrator> (can do)

  • Enver returns a short while later with Ander and Ralf. Ander will immediately come over to you to make sure you're really okay... possibly he internally freaked out a little when Enver showed up without you >.>

<Ander> You okay, Dee?

<Denise> Yeah.... I been better

  • Ander has a potion on hand and will give it to you

<Denise> that bitch were quicker than I were expectin' is all

<Denise> thanks

<Ander> What happened?

<Denise> we showed up for a look around

<Denise> an this lady showed with two toughs an jumped us

<Denise> we took down the toughs, she got away

<Denise> an they she said some weird thing

<Ander> Yeah?

<Denise> like.... "This one" will return, the cyst prepares the way"

<Denise> like, why not just say "i'll be backl" :p

<Ander> Uh.... I'm not sure.

<Denise> I aon't hear of no cyst as another gang here, plus that

<Denise> s a gross name :p

<Ander> yeah...

<Ander> well, I hope it weren't the folks we were supposed to meet up with

<Denise> we got this one

<Denise> maybe he can tell us

  • Ander nods
  • Denise jerks a thumb at the hurt dude

<DiablotinNarrator> About that time, a half dozen other Shadar-kai appear.

  • Denise blinks and drops into a protective position around Ander

<Denise> shit

<Ander> Oh hey. I really hope one of you is Clavdra.

<Clavdra> I am.

  • Clavdra says in Aveyronnais, though with something of an accent.

<Clavdra> You are M. Suterre?

<Denise> (different person I hope?)

<Clavdra> (yes)

<Ander> That's right. I'm afraid you caught us a bit by surprise - my associates here had a run-in a short while ago, and they're a bit jumpy.

<Ander> I'm hopin' that wasn't nothin' to do with your folks though.

  • Clavdra looks at the dead body, and the unconscious guy.

<Clavdra> They aren't ours.

<Ander> Okay.

<Ander> Well, maybe you can do us a favour, just as a show of goodwill, an' take that unfortunately dead fellow back with you when you leave. Just so's we don't have to dispose of him here.

  • Denise relaxes a little but is still on edge

<Clavdra> We can take him back... we may have questions for him.

<Ander> Swell.

<Ander> Well, I don't wanna take up your valuable time, so let's get down to business.

  • Ander and Clavdra will have a talk, the upshot of which seems to be that generally she's willing to consider the possibility of working with you guys, but she doesn't commit to anything yet. Generally favourable, but no deal is sealed.
  • Denise be's quiet even though she woudl love to ask about The Cyst >.>

<Ander> Well, it's been real good talkin' with you

<Ander> I only got one other question, if you don't mind

<Clavdra> Certainly

<Ander> You ever hear of someone or somethin' called the cyst?

  • Clavdra has a definite raised eyebrow at that

<Clavdra> Where did you hear of that?

  • Denise makes a face

<Ander> Just somethin' that came up in earlier conversation.

<Clavdra> They are very dangerous. You don't want to run into them.

<Ander> Are they another gang, or...?

  • Clavdra shakes her head
  • Denise just scowls more and scratches some dried blood off her face

<Clavdra> They are aliens. Infiltrators. They come into people and take them over, take control of their mind and actions.

<Clavdra> If you meet them, you might never know.

<Ander> Well... that don't sound too pleasant.

<Ander> Thank you kindly for this meeting.

  • Clavdra and her people will head off when the discussion is done - some, including her, walking off into Ariege to do whatever they're going to do there, a couple of them back to the Shadow Plane, taking the dead guy with them.

<Ander> Okay Dee, Enver... you two done enough for tonight. You can head back to the hotel, get rested up... me an' Ralf will deal with this other guy.

<Denise> okay.... you be real careful, okay?

  • Denise doesn not want anyone taking over her boss D:

<Ander> We will.

  • Ander and Ralf will investigate the options nearby for 'vacant warehouses where people won't hear screaming'

<Enver> well... you feelin' okay to walk back to the hotel?

<Denise> yeah...

  • Denise makes a face

<Denise> you okay?

<Enver> Yeah, just a few scratches, I'm okay

  • Enver will start to head off with you, then, and realize the dog is following

<Enver> aw... honey, you can't come in some fancy hotel... but maybe we can find you some food somewhere.

<Denise> >>>

  • Mutt wags her tail hopefully

<Denise> I'm all bloody already

<Denise> if we can get me in we can get a dog in I bet

<Enver> well... yeah, maybe so.

<Denise> shes

<Denise> a good girl, helped us out there, didn't she?

  • Enver smiles a little at that.

<Enver> She sure did, she was a real brave girl

  • Enver pets her

<Denise> maybe she could tell thete were somethin' off with them

  • Enver nods

<Enver> Okay - we'll give it a try. An' we can order some room service when we get in, with enough for all of us :)

<Denise> okay :3

<Denise> you can be real quiet, right girl?

<Mutt> yip!

  • Denise will let the dog sniff her fingers

<Denise> that ain't real encouragin' >.>

  • Mutt licks them
  • Denise has tried to wipe them clean >.>
  • Mutt is fairly filthy as well, but hey...
  • Enver will just make sure to give a decent tip to the doorman to ignore the bloodstained girl and the mangy dog ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 2d8+3

  • BalthCat rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 2d8+3 ] getting [ 2 8 ] for a total of [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 13 ].