Diablotin 3 session 28

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 28 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: January 24, 2016
Diablotin date: Beginning of Fourth-Month

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It is the start of Fourth-month. By this time, spring should be in full bloom in Diablotin. Instead, the city remains locked in an unnatural winter, broken only by the efforts of spellcasters who are able to temporarily push back the cold.

<DiablotinNarrator> What side-effects this might have on the local flora and fauna remain to be seen...

Zola asks Denise if she can be a bodyguard for Mico

  • Denise is here whenever you need me ;p
  • Zola catches Denise's sight on one of her trips to the bar and beckons her over with a finger.

<Denise> oh hey Mlle zola :3

<Zola> Hey kid, got a sec? I've got a proposition for you :3

  • Denise wanders over while waiting for her order

<Denise> sure, what's up?

<Zola> How'd you like a job on fifthday, if your boss can spare you?

<Denise> uh, sure!

<Denise> what doin'?

<Zola> I've got a pal who needs an escort.

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Zola> Yeah, doesn't want people bothering him, or following him, so you'd be there to make sure no one gets in the way.

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> It sounds a little ominous, but it's just a trip to the radio station.

  • Denise looks curious

<Denise> okay

<Denise> that sounds easy, unless they're some kinda big star...

  • Denise head tilts

<Denise> ...are they? @_@

  • Denise remembers all the posh people Zola knows @_@

<Zola> It isn't anybody who ain't sung for you before :3

<Denise> @_@

<Denise> omigosh

<Denise> you...mean it? ;o

<Zola> Yup.

<Zola> He just needs you to pick him up in a cab and take him to the station and back, without anyone hassling him or following him.

<Denise> gosh, I can sure do that ....

<Denise> Maybe i could borrow the Bos's car even >.>

<Denise> that way I cold drive

  • Zola considers

<Zola> If you want, I guess? You don't have to though, he'll pay for the cab.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> gosh though @_@

<Zola> Well, he'll be glad to hear it.

<Denise> he's gonna be on the radio though? :o

<Zola> I told him you're a sensible gal who'll respect his boundaries... even though you're a fan :)

<Denise> I can do that, real professional like @_@

<Zola> Yeah, he's got an interview on the Red Lion Dance Hour, and they'll probably advertise it a little ahead, so there could be press camping out.

<Denise> oooh gosh!

<Denise> okay there could be folks around, like.

<Zola> Yeah, bit more than he's comfortable with, usually.

<Denise> I'll double check with the boss, but it shoudl be alright :3

  • Denise nods

<Zola> Excellent :)

<Denise> . o O (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

<Zola> Looks like your drinks are ready.

<Denise> right @_@

  • Denise gives you a big hug though
  • Zola laughs and hugs back

<Denise> you're the best Zola!

<Zola> Hey, I didn't make you a stand-up gal :)

<Denise> :3

Dorien plots treason with Misery

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, as you formulate plans to break into secret government facilities, it occurs that maybe possibly this is a thing you should talk to Misery about.

<Dorien> (heh)

  • Dorien will walk home from his new job muttering to himself.

<DiablotinNarrator> your new co-workers give you funny looks, but hey, that's pretty typical for alchemists.

<Dorien> Stupid fucking fairies. Stupid fucking government. Ri-god-damn-diculous fucking weather...

<DiablotinNarrator> ;)

  • Dorien will head to Misery's house before going home, then.
  • Misery opens the door for you

<Misery> Hey... can we go out somewhere?

  • Misery says before you can even get a word in edgewise

<Dorien> Hey. Sure. Everything ok?

<Misery> My mother :/

<Dorien> o.O

<Dorien> Ah.

<Dorien> Yeah, let's go get dinner then

<Misery> She's wasted, and I don't really want to attract her attention more than I need to.

<Misery> okay :3

<Dorien> :/

<Dorien> ?me will offer his arm

  • Dorien will offer his arm
  • Misery gets her things on and will go with you to a nearby cheap diner

<Dorien> Is she ok?

<Misery> It's worse than usual. I mean, she's okay, I wouldn't leave her if she was puking or going to hurt herself or something.

<Dorien> What's usual?

<Misery> Having a few drinks in the evening...

<Dorien> I'm sorry...

  • Misery shrugs

<Misery> nothing you can do about it

  • Dorien will put an arm around her.
  • Misery leans against you
  • Dorien will breath a sigh of relief when they get to the diner and step into the warmth. "God, damn it is too cold."

<Misery> how was work?

<Dorien> It was ok. It's not as bad as I feared at least. How's yours going?

<Misery> pretty well.. it's a lot to learn, but it's interesting

<Dorien> Good. Think of it as a stepping stone.

<Dorien> Someday you might have an exciting career in rubber manufacturing.

  • Misery laughs

<Misery> do I dare to live the dream?

<Dorien> Shoot for the stars.

  • Dorien will sit at the booth in the diner and drum his fingers nervously.
  • Misery sits across from you
  • Misery puts her hand overtop of yours
  • Dorien looks around to make sure there is no one within eavesdropping distance

<DiablotinNarrator> It's fairly empty

<Dorien> I ummm... I need to tell you something.

<Misery> What's wrong?

  • Misery says, immediately assuming something is wrong :p

<Dorien> (heh)

<Dorien> So... I have this friend.

  • Misery gives you a Look

<Misery> if you're suggesting a threesome, I'd need to meet them first.

<Dorien> I... no. Well... maybe... but that's not what this is about.

<Dorien> He gave me this...

  • Dorien will show her the picture.
  • Misery looks at it

<Misery> okay... what about it?

<Dorien> He says his company began mass producing these a while back and they're doing it under the table. very hush hush. The thing is, it's for a government client.

<Misery> So the government wants ... secret alchemical equipment?

  • Misery looks confused

<Dorien> That is an instrument for extracting... something... from plants. And the thing is I've seen that exact blueprint before. At the government lab outside of town. The one with all kind of weird plants and armed guards.

  • Misery nods slowly, listening

<Dorien> Aubrienne and I think this might be connected with the fae stuff somehow.

<Misery> with those weird trees, and the fungus and all that?

<Dorien> Exactly.

<Dorien> And we saw what an extract of that shit did to you.

<Misery> that was not my favourite experience.

<Dorien> Nor mine.

<Dorien> Soooo...

  • Dorien glances around again.

<Dorien> I-kinda-need-to-break-in-and-take-a-look-around.

<Misery> you want to break in to a secret government lab where they're doing some kind of secret research?

  • Dorien nods quickly.

<Misery> ...

<Misery> I love you. But you're an idiot.

<Dorien> ...

  • Misery sighs

<Misery> How can I help?

<Dorien> I... I don't want you involved.

  • Misery gives you a different Look this time

<Misery> Too late.

  • Dorien braces for the punch.

<Dorien> Look, this isn't a mushroom farm. This could go very, very bad. I can't put you in that kind of danger.

<Misery> It's a bigger, fancier mushroom farm.

<Misery> And if it goes bad, I can slip into the Shadow Plane and get out of there - unlike you :p

<Misery> You want me to be your partner, that includes partner in crime :p

<Dorien> You could go to jail. For life. I can't let that happen to you. I don't want you throwing away your new life for me.

<Misery> :/

<Misery> Well, if you throw your life away, it isn't going to help me any either.

<Misery> You can't just do this alone.

<Misery> I mean literally. I don't think you can do it.

<Dorien> But...

<Misery> Who else could help you?

<Dorien> Aubrienne is in. I need to talk to Den and Argent. Maybe Hugo and Zola. Bri wnats Hettie, but I still don't trust her.

  • Misery nods reluctantly

<Dorien> Do you think I'm crazy?

<Misery> If you do find out ... whatever it is you're hoping to find out - what will you do about it? It's not like you can tell the guards, or the army, or the government, if they're the ones behind it.

<Misery> What is this going to accomplish? Other than putting you in danger.

<Dorien> I guess we'll figure that out when we know what we're dealing with. Hugo has connections. And Tits is royalty. Maybe we can find someone who's not in on it.

<Misery> I do think you're crazy.

<Misery> but I knew that already.

  • Misery squeezes your hand.
  • Dorien squeezes back.

<Misery> Now I'm starving - let's order our food.

  • Dorien exhales.

<Dorien> ok...

  • Misery looks like she is willing to let this drop FOR NOW, but you expect there will be more discussions later.

<Dorien> Misery...

<Misery> yeah?

<Dorien> I love you too.

  • Misery smiles at that

<Misery> Well, yeah. You're not *that* stupid.

Dorien brings Denise in on the treason

  • Dorien will stop by the club of an evening and try to catch Denise when she's away from Ander
  • Denise can be caught!

<Denise> Hey Dorien, how's things?

<Denise> I ain't seen you around so much lately :3

<Dorien> Hey there 'Lil Bit. Things are... complicated. You?

<Denise> doin' pretty great, actually!

  • Denise grins

<Dorien> Good. That's real good. Why so great?

<Denise> Jus' like... personal stuff it all

  • Denise blushes a bit
  • Dorien grins. "A fella, huh?"

<Denise> unhuh...

<Denise> :3

<Dorien> That's great

<Denise> what's up?

<Dorien> I ummm... I wanted to talk to you about something...

<Denise> okay

<Dorien> Aubrienne and I are planning... kind of a caper. It might involve the fungus and fae stuff that's been happening lately. And we could use some muscle.

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Dorien> Yeah. Thing is... it's dangerous. Could bring down a lot of heat if it goes bad.

<Denise> most capers run tha way >.>

<Dorien> It's a government lab. We know they're up to something under the table, and we suspect it might involve the recent weird shit.

<Denise> like with the bloodforged stuff?

<Dorien> Bloodforged?

<Denise> like them folks who are part warforged, yeah

<Dorien> You mean like that guy that shot at you? Maybe. I don't really know.

<Denise> well theyv were made by some kinda shady government plan... I thought thatvwas what you were on - this is somethin' else then?

<Dorien> Interesting. I didn't know that.

<Dorien> This place is out in the country and they're producing really weird magical plants and ordering huge shipments of equipment under the table for extracting things from... something. We want to see if it's connected with the fungus and the fairies that have been appearing.

<Dorien> But who knows. Maybe your metal man is involved too.

<Denise> huh

<Dorien> Seems like an awfully big coincidence

<Denise> maybe

<Dorien> Anyway. I know it's a big ask, but... I figured you might be up for it.

<Dorien> If not... well, I'd appreciate you keeping it quiet.

<Denise> I gotta ask soe more about it I think - bu maybe this aint the best place>.>

<Dorien> I'll try to set up a meeting with everyone that's gonna be in on it. We're hoping to get a few more people.

<Denise> oh yeah? who?

<Dorien> Hopefully Argent. Maybe Zola and Hugo since they've been investigating all the fae stuff. Bri was thinking maybe your aunt... but I don't think she likes me much.

<Denise> uh well i like Mlle Zola an all but i would be askin Aunt Hettie way before I put her on my list for somethin' like this o_O

<Denise> I can't figure onM. Hugo ever gettin in on somethin like that either...

<Dorien> Well, maybe not directly. We'll see. He has contacts we don't. If you think Your aunt would help, I guess we can use all the help we can get.

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> i dunno if she would or not but she'd be a good one to ask. Plus she's got contact these days too who are the kinda folks might know somethin' bout these sorts a things >.>

<Dorien> Oh really?

<Dorien> What kind of contacts?

<Denise> well, that ain't for me to say >.>

<Denise> you'd have ta talk to her ad see what she says on it

<Dorien> :/

<Dorien> I was afraid you'd say that.

<Dorien> Alright. I'l get Bri to talk to her about it. I'm afraid if I did she'd stab me with a darning needle.

<Denise> yeah, that's fair

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> butit ian't really 'bout you

<Dorien> Yeah. I hope she'll understand that. And thanks for considering it.

  • Denise grins

<Denise> well you t least got some sense on who to ask ^-^

  • Dorien grins back

<Dorien> Well, don't let me keep you from your boss. I'll be in touch.

<Denise> oky! ou let me know when this meetin' is on

<Dorien> Will do, kid. And tell that boy of yours that if he treats you bad I'll get you to break his arm for me.

<Denise> hah

<Denise> will do ^-^

Aubrienne brings Zola and Hugo in on the treason

<Aubrienne> [I imagine Aubrienne would just find you at the club at some point, maybe backstage after work for a quiet moment]

<Aubrienne> Hey there, you two, just the folks I was looking for.

<Zola> Hey babe :)

<Aubrienne> Nice show tonight, as always.

<Zola> Thanks, hon', you too :)

<Aubrienne> You have a minute?

<Hugonel> Indeed. If only the weather didn't keep our audiences smaller than they ought to be.

<Hugonel> Yes, of course.

<Zola> Yeah, we might have to start throwin' in a cab ride :)

  • Aubrienne will nod towards her dressing room and lead them that way.

<Zola> Ooh, something sensitive?

  • Zola extinguishes her cigarette and follows

<Aubrienne> Possibly some news from the spooky side of the street, as it were.

<Hugonel> Hmm, oh, do tell!

  • Hugonel follows along.
  • Aubrienne will wait until their in her room with the door closed then spill.

<Aubrienne> So, Dorien came to see me the other day with some...well, they were some sort of engineering schematic that, frankly, I couldn't make much of.

<Zola> Yeah?

<Aubrienne> But he said he'd gotten them from a friend of his, and the company he works for are building and shipping these things real sly-like.

<Hugonel> What sort of schematic?

<Aubrienne> Dorien also said he recognized the schematics from the weird government farm outside of the city.

<Zola> Is this like a machine or something for alchemy?

<Aubrienne> It's for extracting something from plants.

<Aubrienne> He's not quite sure.

<Aubrienne> Whatever it is, it seems like it's for some kind of mass production.

<Hugonel> Do you know this friend of Dorien's?

<Aubrienne> It's not entirely uncommon, government secrecy and all, but Dorien and his friend seem to think this is above and beyond the usual.

<Aubrienne> Can't say I do.

<Aubrienne> But Dorien seems convinced.

<Aubrienne> I think, given the effects of that mushroom extract he was able to make, he's definitely wary.

<Zola> Mushroom extract?

<Hugonel> Where are they shipping these things to?

<Aubrienne> The mushrooms from the farm in the Shade, they really mess up shadar-kai.

<Zola> Were they at the farm too?

<Aubrienne> I don't think they saw any, but I'd have to check with Dorien.

<Aubrienne> As to the shipping, Dorien didn't tell me anything except his friend is sure it's a government contract.

<Aubrienne> Dorien made the connection to the farm himself.

<Hugonel> It's clear that Dorien needs to be careful here ... as should we.

<Zola> Maybe they're working on a way to poison the Blight?

<Aubrienne> That's entirely possible, Zola, and I completely agree, Hugo.

<Aubrienne> I thought you might know people more in a position to get us some information without things getting out of hand.

<Aubrienne> Because the alternative is...legally speaking...a shit show.

<Hugonel> Have you told Tits about this?

<Aubrienne> Not yet, but I was considering it.

<Zola> Yeah, she might be able to ask her father about it without any nasty blowback?

<Aubrienne> I don't like exploiting our r-friendship.

<Aubrienne> Yeah.

<Zola> What're Imperial Princess friends for? :V

<Hugonel> Well ... she wants us all to be safe. I'm sure that doesn't count as exploitation.

<Aubrienne> Okay. Yeah. I'll talk to her, see what she says.

<Aubrienne> I know there's not a lot to go on, I just thought you two would like to know.

<Hugonel> I also have something to share with you both.

<Aubrienne> Oh?

  • Hugonel shifts from one foot to the other, sipping his post-performance glass of wine.

<Hugonel> I've been in some regular contact with Eirini.

<Zola> Again?

  • Aubrienne will freeze for a second and give him a look.

<Aubrienne> Isn't she, you know, a bit of a murderer?

<Hugonel> Well, I think her perspective is that it was an act of war. That she's a soldier.

<Zola> That's such an inflammatory word...

<Hugonel> But yes, I take your point.

<Aubrienne> Zola, I'm not saying I don't understand where she's coming from, and it certainly sounds like the man she killed was a war criminal, but she still killed him.

<Zola> .oO( Not that she isn't a show-ruining harlot >:| )

<Aubrienne> (Heh)

<Hugonel> Well, I did mention when we met M. Orecalo that I had a source.

<Aubrienne> Hugo, is she...I don't know. Are we still at war, in her mind?

<Aubrienne> I mean, is it safe to see her?

<Hugonel> Right now her greatest concern is the war among the different fey factions.

<Hugonel> If she wanted to kill me, she would have done so long ago.

  • Aubrienne nods, but doesn't seem happy with that answer.

<Aubrienne> Well, if you think it's safe...

<Zola> And she might be the only link we have to Linthira ... so murderess or not...

<Aubrienne> Right.

<Hugonel> She indicated it might be possible for me to talk to Linthira.

<Aubrienne> Really?

<Hugonel> I'm not sure ... how, or when, or if that's possible. But I'm not sure I should do that alone, if she agrees.

<Aubrienne> Well, I'm certainly willing to come along.

<Aubrienne> How not alone would you like to be? I would think getting assistance for something like this wouldn't be too difficult.

<Aubrienne> Everyone seems to be neck-deep in this stuff anyway.

<Hugonel> Well, I'd be more concerned that the more people there were, and the more important they were, the less productive the meeting would be.

<Zola> Less productive? Shouldn't the Emperor have a diplomat there... it would be a rather... diplomatic meeting?

<Aubrienne> It may be more of a pre-diplomatic meeting.

<Aubrienne> We just need to see if we can get her to talk, right?

  • Zola nods

<Aubrienne> Talk to her to keep her talking, as it were?

<Zola> I guess so.

<Hugonel> I am nothing if not diplomatic.

  • Aubrienne smirks.

<Aubrienne> This isn't quite the same.

<Hugonel> Well, indeed.

<Aubrienne> Okay, well, I guess we've got things to follow up on, then.

<Hugonel> I don't know how it will all turn out, but I thought I should let you know. In case I mysteriously disappear, it's probably her. Oh, or Raimond Neherin's mother.

<Aubrienne> That sounds less like spooky and more like gossip. Need a top off on that wine, Hugo? ;)

<Hugonel> Ahh ... yes, thank you.

<Hugonel> Apparently she thinks I've been sleeping with Dasra ... and that Dasra is keeping Raimond sick in order to facilitate her dalliance.

<Zola> That's ridiculous.

<Hugonel> Quite.

<Zola> Did no one tell her he has a magic tree in his head?

<Aubrienne> Does she have any idea what is going on with Raimond?

<Hugonel> I don't know ... not the details or the gravity, surely.

<Hugonel> She wants to take over his care from Dasra.

<Hugonel> This is just the excuse.

<Aubrienne> I don't quite understand what she thinks she could do that Dasra isn't doing. She has the damn Princess-Imperial helping him.

<Hugonel> I mused to Dasra that perhaps someone is putting her up to it.

<Aubrienne> Any ideas as to who?

<Hugonel> I'm afraid not. There are almost too many candidates. Or it could just be her own idiotic idea.

<Hugonel> I'm going to go talk to her - in this case, most definitely alone - to try to dissuade her.

<Zola> To what aim?

<Hugonel> Well, foremostly because Dasra asked for my help.

<Zola> No, I meant to what aim would they try to squirrel Raimond away?

<Hugonel> Ah, well, that depends on who would be doing it. I don't know ... but then again, I don't understand anything about his condition, really.

<Aubrienne> It does seem pretty delicate, and taking him away from his current care is, at the least, ill-advised.

<Aubrienne> And, as Hugo seems to be suggesting, possibly sinister. :/

<Hugonel> At any rate, talking to aged House Cat countesses is an area in which I have some expertise.

<Aubrienne> I'm sure. :)

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> Perhaps you'll come out of the discussion a respectable man?

<Zola> :)

<Aubrienne> That'd be quite the feat.

  • Zola laughs again

<Zola> Aww, our pour Hugo... that's not the king of double-team he likes

  • Zola gives him a peck on the cheek.

<Zola> (kind)

<Hugonel> My respectability, my dear ladies, I would think to be unimpeachable.

  • Aubrienne laughs.

<Aubrienne> Positively.

<Zola> As of you can get a peach around here these days.

<Aubrienne> Oh, Zola, that was bad enough to go in my act.

<Hugonel> Just peachy. :)

<Zola> I do wish we knew more about what happened to the Irminsul before we talked to Linthira.  :|

<Aubrienne> Possibly she could fill in some blanks, no?

<Zola> Do you think we could find someone who was there and talk to them? It might give us an idea of how angry she might be... and how righteous her anger is.

<Zola> Sure, but not impartially...

<Zola> Maybe someone from Dyess' squad?

<Hugonel> We would want someone military to talk to them, in that case. We're hardly the most suited.

<Zola> Do we? What if... it wasn't Dyess' doing?

<Aubrienne> Well, I might know someone who could help. Jean-Faust's commander gave me her contact information.

<Aubrienne> She might be willing to get us some information.

<Hugonel> That sounds like a good lead.

<Aubrienne> All right, I can follow up on that.

<Zola> I'm not sure what good I can be about that farm, though :/

<Zola> Unless you need a distraction? :)

<Aubrienne> Possibly a getaway driver, if it comes to that.

<Aubrienne> ;)

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Aubrienne> Mostly, I just wanted to let you know what's going on.

<Hugonel> Well, let me know if you find anything else out. And I will do the same.

<Zola> Well, thanks for that... me with no special news at all >_>

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Aubrienne> Good luck convincing Raimond's mother you're not sleeping with her daughter-in-law.

<Aubrienne> Aww, Zola, you can be here for moral support. :)

<Hugonel> I'm very convincing. :)

<Aubrienne> I'm sure. :)

<Aubrienne> Now, I could use a drink myself.

Lathra finds out that Raimond's mother wants to take him away from Dasra

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, your telephone rings mid-morning, which is at a time when you would not normally like to be conscious.

  • Lathra groans and rolls her eyes heavily, then drags herself over to the telephone table

<Lathra> Ms. Lathra Scales speaking, who's calling please?

<Dasra> It's Dasra...

  • Dasra says, sounding very upset

<Dasra> I'm sorry to bother you, but ...

<Lathra> Oh my what's wrong dear?

  • Dasra takes a moment to compose herself

<Dasra> Raimond's mother is threatening to take him away.

<Lathra> Whyever would she do that?

<Dasra> She says I'm n-not taking good care of him... she found out about the man who tried to kill him, and she says he isn't getting any better, b-because maybe I'm keeping him sick like this so... so I can sleep around with other men...

  • Dasra breaks down into tears again

<Lathra> Oh how ridiculous, what a fuss. I'm so sorry she's putting you through all that, dear.

<Dasra> She never liked me, but ... I don't know what to do... I've done everything I can for Raimond...

<Lathra> Dasra dear, without meaning to suggest that you should, would you want her to take him? For a while, perhaps, for you to have a break? Or do you want us to try to stop her?

<Dasra> I don't know. I don't know what's right for him anymore.

<Dasra> But she'd take him to their estate, I'm sure, and then I wouldn't even get to see him...

<Lathra> Well that's no good, is it?

<Lathra> Has anybody talked to Raimond about it?

<Dasra> I don't want to upset him :(

<Lathra> No, and I understand that, but we'll need to know what he wants at some point.

<Dasra> I don't want him to go.

<Lathra> Well then that's settled. I was going to suggest that perhaps we could see if we could force them to allow you to visit, but if you have decided that he may stay with you then that's what we must strive for.

  • Lathra side-eyes a bottle on her cabinet

<Dasra> I... I need to talk to Hugo, I think.

<Lathra> As you wish. Do you think that his mother could be persuaded, perhaps by the right person, or should we pursue a legal defense?

<Dasra> Maybe she could be persuaded. I don't want to go to the extreme of legal action unless I absolutely need to.

<Lathra> What sort of a person is she?

<Dasra> She's a countess... very proper, old-fashioned... I'm afraid she wouldn't take well to a Shadar-kai priest trying to convince her of anything :/

<Dasra> but I thought maybe ... if I could show her we were trying every option... maybe there was more we could do for him?

<Lathra> Yes, if her concern about his care are genuine and not some kind of vendetta against you, then that seems like the correct response. I wonder as well whether either of the princesses would be willing to speak to her on your behalf.

<Dasra> oh, perhaps...

<Dasra> yes, that's a good idea, I should see if they would.

<Dasra> I'll speak to them, and perhaps ... if any of the others who came to try and help him before had any ideas of what else we could try, maybe that would be helpful...

<Lathra> Oh yes - do you want me to go to Tristan, or anybody else?

<Dasra> Could you? I would appreciate that so much.

<Lathra> Oh absolutely!

<Lathra> Well you have some leads to follow up, and you may of course call on me for any help you need, and I'm quite happy to chase people for you or get anything done as needed.

<Dasra> Thank you, Lathra. Would you be willing to come round sometime soon, as well, for some meditation, or something to help calm my nerves?

<Lathra> But of course!

<Dasra> thank you so much

  • Lathra scoots along the floor to another side-table and flaps her hand around the top until she finds her scheduler

<Lathra> I can make some time today for you, I'm sure.

<Dasra> I can't say how much this means... I'm so thankful to have you as a friend.

  • Lathra notes which appointments might be shifted to a later date, to be called this morning.

<Lathra> Dasra dear I feel the same way, and I'm happy to help.

<Dasra> I'll see you later, then.

<Lathra> Yes of course, I'll call when I know what time.

<Dasra> Thank you again.

  • Dasra will hang up
  • Lathra lets herself slide to the floor

<DiablotinNarrator> You can shuffle appointments around to make some time for Dasra later today, then.

<DiablotinNarrator> and perhaps plan to talk to others at work, or see Tristan soon, etc. :)

Hugo finds out that he is the reason why Raimond's mother wants to take Raimond away from Dasra

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, your telephone rings at a slightly later time that same morning.

  • Hugonel answers.

<Hugonel> Yes, hello?

<Dasra> Hugo, it's Dasra.

<Hugonel> Ah, Dasra, my dear, how good to hear from you!

<Dasra> I'm afraid not...

<Hugonel> What's the matter?

<Dasra> Raimond's mother is threatening to take over his care.

<Dasra> She has accused me of all sorts of awful things.

<Hugonel> What? What things? That's ridiculous!

<Dasra> Oh, of not doing everything possible to help him recover... possibly even of keeping him sick for my own nefarious purposes, so that I can bring a parade of lovers through the house.

<Hugonel> Well, that's just the silliest thing I've heard all day, and I work with a bunch of buffoons!

<Hugonel> No one has been more devoted to his care than you.

<Hugonel> But, of course, you always have my discretion.

<Dasra> I know, but...

<Dasra> I think she must have a spy among my staff, or at least have bribed someone, because she seemed to know about you >.>

<Hugonel> Just what is it that she supposes she knows?

<Hugonel> (what do I know about Raimond's mother? gossip and scurrilous rumor included)

<DiablotinNarrator> (roll k:nob?)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+19

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+19 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 19 ] totals [ 32 ].

<Hugonel> (how's that?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Raimond's mother is Drusilla Neherin, the Countess of Berenbrock. She's a widow, House Cat obviously, probably about 60 or so, very proper and old-fashioned. You have probably met her on a few occasions at the kind of dinner parties old rich ladies like to throw...from the days when you socialized with more older, wealthy ladies.

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't know of any scurrilous rumours about her.

<Hugonel> Well.

<Hugonel> Whatever she thinks she knows, that's just gossip and rumor. Of course I visited your house several times, having been part of the group that went into Raimond's dream. Then again ... hmmm ...

<Dasra> Maybe if you spoke to her, you could convince here there was nothing untoward...

<Hugonel> Well, of course, if you think that would help. I must say that I am more used to being suspected of being someone's lover than using my wiles to convince someone otherwise.

<Dasra> Well, I don't know - charm her or whatever if you need to?

<Hugonel> Worst case scenario, we might get the Princess Ilphere to intervene. For the ... uhh, greater security of the Empire.

<Dasra> I did think of that... but I don't know how to do that without also explaining to my mother-in-law that her son has a magical tree inside his head.

<Hugonel> Well, the Countess of Berenbrock is known for her adherence to protocol. And when a Princess Imperial tells you something, even something light on details, well, proper protocol is to shut your yap and comply.

<Dasra> Yes, but the Princess-Imperial is sometimes... heavy on details when she doesn't need to be, simply because she keeps on talking :p

<Hugonel> Well, I do know what you mean, but she is also a very, very powerful woman who didn't get to where she is today by being an idiot when discretion is required, as in matters of Imperial importance.

<Hugonel> At any rate, I'm not saying I won't talk to her.

<Dasra> all right...

<Hugonel> I just ... worry that my visit will convince her moreso that I have ill intentions towards you.

<Hugonel> I could always seduce her instead. We're of the same House after all, and she is unmarried.

  • Hugonel gives a sly look.

<Dasra> Ew.

  • Hugonel laughs.

<Hugonel> No fear, Dasra. I promise that the Countess shall remain unmolested.

<Dasra> Well, good...

<Hugonel> If you suspect that one of your staff is being paid off ... do you know which one?

<Dasra> I'm not sure, no. I don't know how I would figure it out.

<Hugonel> No one who has more money than they ought to, or lives in a nicer place than their station would allow?

<Dasra> I'd have to look into it... I don't typically visit my servants' houses, or keep tabs on their finances.

<Hugonel> Hmm, yes, of course.

<Hugonel> How is Raimond doing recently? I'm sorry, I should have asked that first.

<Dasra> He's... about the same, I suppose. He sleeps a lot. He's lost a little weight.

<Dasra> No one else has tried to murder him in the past little while.

<Hugonel> Does the Countess have any idea what would be required of her and her staff? Any conception of his state?

<Dasra> She visits him, of course. I've never tried to keep her away from him.

<Hugonel> Do you think there's any chance that someone is using her to try to get to him?

<Dasra> I... I never even thought of that :o

<Hugonel> I'm not saying it's so ... certainly the old bat is capable of wanting this on her own. But there are a lot of parties potentially interested in Raimond's health ... or lack thereof.

<Dasra> If you did charm her, maybe she'd tell you if that was the case.

<Hugonel> I wonder if she'd believe me if I said that I came over to attempt to seduce you, but you rebuffed me.

<Dasra> ...

<Dasra> I don't know.

<Hugonel> I'll charm her if I need to ... but that's risky.

<Hugonel> She's a high-ranking member of the nobility and one doesn't just go around ensorcelling them.

<Dasra> well... I won't tell you how to handle things. If you really think I should just go to the Princess-Imperial and have her talk to the countess, I can.

<Hugonel> I can try this first. But with a light touch, I think. If I were to come on too firmly and it didn't fail, that might backfire on you and Raimond.

<Hugonel> (it didn't succeed)

<Dasra> right...

<Hugonel> But worst case scenario, we keep Ilphere in our back pocket. That will anger her, to be sure, and confuse her, perhaps, but is almost certain to keep her at bay.

<Hugonel> There are few individuals in the Empire who scare me more than the Princess Imperial, and I've known her for years.

  • Dasra chuckles slightly at that

<Hugonel> The tales they used to tell at the Castalia ...

  • Hugonel shudders.

<Dasra> well... let me know before you do anything.

<Hugonel> Of course, my dear.

<Dasra> I ought to be going now. It's nearly time for Raimond's lunch.

<Hugonel> Of course. I'll talk to you soon.

<Dasra> Thank you.

  • Dasra hangs up.

Hettie and Nycki interrogate Servan

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you and Nycki made your ... transaction.. with Ander successfully, so you're now waiting to find out if it took, or if you guys have to do it all over again next month.

<DiablotinNarrator> So far you don't feel any different, but who knows?

  • Hettienne tries not to think about it.
  • Nycki talks to you one morning before she heads off to work and before you fall asleep after a long night.

<Nycki> Hey babe... you got plans for dinner tonight?

<Hettienne> Not really... are you askin' me out? ;)

<Nycki> Sorta :) you wanna interrogate a prisoner, then grab some food before work?

<Hettienne> Romantic! You're on. ;)

<Nycki> swell :)

  • Nycki gives you a kiss and will let you get to bed, then
  • Nycki will swing by to get you late in the afternoon

<Nycki> Ready?

<Hettienne> As ever. :)

<Hettienne> Been wonderin' what I oughta ask...

<Nycki> Yeah... from what I hear, the guy ain't been real forthcomin', but they've had some info out of him.

<Hettienne> What kinda info?

<Nycki> Some stuff 'bout where he's from, time in the war, that sorta thing - they dug up some info on that.

<Hettienne> So what's his story then?

<Nycki> He's from some nowhere village in ... Sarande, I think it was.

<Nycki> They got his real name, too. That let 'em track down his birth records, military records.

<Nycki> What they could, anyway... some of it's incomplete.

<Hettienne> What's his name?

<Hettienne> Why'd he change it? Was it awful, like... I dunno, Hugh Jazolle? :v

  • Nycki laughs

<Nycki> Nah, it was Alec Derant. I dunno why he changed it.

<Hettienne> Huh.

  • Hettienne shrugs.

<Nycki> anyway, I want you to know - I'm real willin' to lie to this fella, if it'll help.

<Hettienne> Awright... like about what?

<Nycki> Tell him we caught his girlfriend there... tell him we can cut a deal so he don't go down for murder... whatever it takes.

<Hettienne> I ain't never interrogated anyone before.

<Hettienne> His girlfriend?

<Nycki> Well, I dunno if that's what she is.

<Nycki> But the girl who's been seen with him.

  • Hettienne nods

<Nycki> Anyway... we'll see how it goes, yeah?

<Hettienne> Yeah.

  • Nycki and you can head to the jail, then... it's not the Creux, it's a small nondescript holding area - you're not sure if it's something the Hush have set up, or what, but it's cleaner and quieter than you remember prison being.

<Hettienne> Huh... nice digs, for jail :p

<Nycki> Yeah, well... we get a better class of prisoners in here ;)

  • Nycki says with a rueful smile
  • Hettienne sticks her tongue out.
  • Nycki talks to the people on guard duty, and you are brought to a cell with a man sitting in it. He has a sour expression and a metal arm.
  • Hettienne looks him over.
  • Servan is tall, fit, with somewhat shaggy brown hair that could use a trim. He looks to be about mid-twenties or so.

<Nycki> Hey there. We wanted to have a few words with you.

<Servan> Haven't you lot already asked everything there is to ask?

<Nycki> Never.

<Nycki> So, Alec, is it? Can we call you Alec?

<Hettienne> Al?

<Servan> No.

  • Servan says flatly

<Servan> That isn't my name.

<Nycki> Fine, whatever you say. We ain't gotta use names for this anyhow.

  • Nycki glances to you

<Nycki> We got some questions 'bout a young fella who met an unfortunate end.

<Hettienne> THe bellbottom you iced in the shambles.

<Servan> The selkie?

  • Hettienne glances at Nycki.

<Nycki> Dunno - you tell us.

<Hettienne> (do I even know what that is)

<DiablotinNarrator> (k:nature I guess?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (if you have any)

<Hettienne> (narp)

<DiablotinNarrator> (no clue, then)

<Servan> Or half-selkie, whatever.

<Servan> You have no idea how many halfbreeds are walking around, blending in with everyone else.

<Hettienne> How'd you even figure he's a ... selkie?

<Servan> Webbed fingers, seemed fishy.

  • Servan says with a slight smile.

<Hettienne> You fuckin' moron.

  • Hettienne shakes her head.

<Hettienne> Bet if I looked you over I could find somethin 'fishy' too.

<Hettienne> What d'you think, hm?

<Servan> You want to have a look too, bitch?

  • Hettienne looks at Nycki.

<Servan> Go ahead.

<Hettienne> We already know you're a freak show. A freak show who's goin' down for murder, plus.

<Hettienne> You ready to do all that time?

  • Servan gives you the metal finger
  • Hettienne snorts.

<Hettienne> You're gonna hurt my feelings

  • Hettienne drawls sarcastically.

<Nycki> If you go down for murder, that arm's comin' off. With a saw, if need be.

<Hettienne> A nice dull one.

<Servan> Yeah, we'll see about that.

<Hettienne> We got guys who are real good at that sorta thing

<Servan> They aren't going to let that happen.

<Hettienne> What about your girlfriend? You care about her gettin' a full time position in the Creux, without *her* bits?

  • Servan frowns

<Nycki> you know what they call a girl with no legs in the Creux?

  • Hettienne snickers.

<Nycki> Easy pickin's.

<Servan> You... can't do that.

<Hettienne> We can do whatever we want.

<Hettienne> Unless you wanna be a little more helpful, Al.

<Hettienne> Who tipped you about the bellbottom? Who's your boss??

  • Hettienne is small but fierce

<Hettienne> I got friends in low places, pal. I can make sure she has a *real* bad time.

  • Hettienne hisses.
  • Servan glowers

<Hettienne> Or a real short one.

<Servan> Look, this is bigger than you understand.

<Hettienne> Why don't you enlighten us.

<Servan> The government, the church... it's all around us.

<Hettienne> It, what 'it'?

<Servan> The ones in the know. Who see things the way they really are.

<Hettienne> If you ain't gonna start talkin sense, we're gonna be done, and so's your girlfriend.

<Servan> The Empire's dying from the inside out. Unless someone can cut out the disease.

<Servan> They made us... they won't let us go to waste.

  • Nycki frowns

<Nycki> Give us a name.

<Servan> Clarence Molniere...

  • Nycki glances at you, but is pretty sure we already knew that one ;p

<Hettienne> Where is he??

<Servan> You might want to ask the red priestess about that.

<Nycki> Who?

<Servan> The Reverend Mother.

<Servan> Go ahead and ask her - I'd like to see how that works out for you.

<Servan> I honestly don't know if she's hiding him, or if she had him killed - either way, I don't imagine that will be a long conversation.

<Hettienne> You're tellin' us she's pulling the strings?

  • Servan shrugs

<Servan> There are a lot of strings.

<Hettienne> HOw many of you chop-jobs are there?

<Servan> You mean how many survived? :p

<Hettienne> If you call that livin'

  • Servan sort of smirks

<Servan> There were fifty of us to start. I don't know how many are left now.

<DiablotinNarrator> A guard comes in with a plate of slop for the prisoner's dinner.

<Servan> Looks like it's time for you to go.

<Nycki> This won't be the last time we'll talk.

<Hettienne> Ta for now

  • Servan sort of nods his head and digs into his meal

<Nycki> you doin' okay?

  • Nycki asks on the way out
  • Hettienne nods.

<Hettienne> That were... different

<Hettienne> What a piece of shit.

<Hettienne> Uh. What's a selkie, though?

  • Nycki nods

<Nycki> Dunno.

<Nycki> I were just goin' along with what he said. We can find out, though, I bet.

<Hettienne> Yeah.

<Nycki> c'mon, let's go have dinner

<Hettienne> Wonder if it's anything Serge-Yves ever heard tell of.

  • Nycki nods

Denise talks to Mikel about... things

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you needed to talk to Mikel about... things.

<Denise> @_@

  • Mikel_ can be found at your uncle's house, where he is now moved in.
  • Denise looks around to get a sense of how things are going :3

<Denise> hey Mickey!

  • Mikel_ seems reasonably settled in

<Mikel_> Hey :)

  • Denise give hims a big hug
  • Mikel_ hugs you back

<Denise> How's it goin'?

<Mikel_> Pretty good! How about you?

<Denise> I'm doin' pretty swell, but there's some stuff goin' on that aint, I guess :3

<Mikel_> oh yeah?

<Denise> well... things are goin' real swell with Enver, like.

  • Mikel_ smiles

<Mikel_> That's good

<Denise> we been talkin', bout, like, movin' in together, an gettin married an stuff, later in the year

<Mikel_> Wow, married? :D

<Denise> yeah ;3

  • Denise blushes

<Denise> we ain't made no plans or nothin' yet, just talked 'bout it, and we said we both wanna

<Mikel_> That's real great :)

<Denise> yeah!

<Mikel_> you told Mam yet?

<Mikel_> like... should I keep it quiet for a bit?

<Denise> I ain't been to see her, yet, so yeah...

<Denise> I will soon though

  • Mikel_ nods

<Denise> is she doin' alright?

<Mikel_> She's doin' okay, yeah. The cold weather's hard on her, though.

<Denise> :/

<Mikel_> Like, her joints get sore, that sorta thing.

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> I should go an see her for sure :|

<Mikel_> She'd like that

  • Denise nods

<Denise> so, t'other stuff though

<Denise> the less good bits

<Denise> its all like... channely stuff, I guess

<Mikel_> How'd you mean?

<Denise> well the first is - that stuff in the undercity, the mushroom plague stuff, I think it ain't gettin' any better an maybe it's gettin' worse

<Mikel_> yeah?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> an, the other thing is, we found somethin' down there

<Denise> that's a old Rat thing

<Mikel_> what sorta thing?

<Denise> a real powerful magic thing, like scary powerful...

  • Mikel_ frowns

<Denise> an old Harrow deck >.>

<Mikel_> who's 'we'? You an' Enver?

<Denise> and aunt hettie an Nycki an Argent

<Mikel_> what were you all doin' down there anyway?

<Denise> lookin' for treasure >.>

<Denise> an we found it

<Mikel_> well... so you found some, I guess :/

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> just we weren't expecting somethin like that

<Denise> so now we don't knwo what to do with it

<Denise> we figured maybe the Channels would know

<Denise> or the Vjestaci

<Mikel_> It sounds like maybe somethin' we should tell Channel Silvia about, if it's as big a deal as you say.

<Denise> it is

<Denise> for sure

  • Mikel_ nods

<Mikel_> Okay... so you want me to try an' get you in to talk to her? Just you, or all them other folks too?

<Denise> mybe some of em?

<Denise> I don't think we all gotta go

<Mikel_> okay

<Denise> or if it is just easier, maybe just me, I dunno

<Denise> Mlle Aubrienne was gionna talk to the Vjestaci fiolks about it

<Denise> she was the one found out what it were >.>

  • Mikel_ nods

<Mikel_> Well, I'll see - i dunno if she'd wanna meet with a whole bunch of folks, but maybe two or three would be okay?

<Denise> okay

<Mikel_> What's it do that's so scary?

<Mikel_> the Harrow deck, I mean

<Denise> It can like... change fate

<Denise> in different ways

<Mikel_> o_O

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> Mlle Aubrienne were sayin how like... its tied to the Harrow, or like other decks are tied to it or somethin'...

<Mikel_> huh

<Denise> but I guess mostly it ain't good ways

<Denise> or enough bad ways that like... it ain't a safe thing?

<Mikel_> okay...

<Denise> anyway - it ain't the sort of thing to go tellin' folks about, cept the ones who gotta know >.>

<Mikel_> right

<Mikel_> I'll keep quiet

<Denise> thanks

<Mikel_> other than that... things are okay?

<Denise> Oh man :3

<Denise> Like

<Denise> You know how Mico sang at the birthday party? @_@

<Mikel_> yeah

<Denise> @)@

<Denise> Mlls Zola asked if I could do a job.... drivin' him around for some interview so no one don't get in his face an all @_@

<Mikel_> Like his bodyguard?

<Denise> un huh!

<Mikel_> Wow!

<Mikel_> That's real swell

<Denise> so swell!

<Mikel_> You might get a chance to talk to him' an' stuff?

<Denise> like, just me an him... uh huh

<Denise> I gotta be respectful an all though

<Denise> be professional

<Denise> like, if I don't explode!

  • Mikel_ grins

<Mikel_> Can I tell Helgea? She'll be real jealous ;)

<Denise> yeah - you been seein' her still?

<Mikel_> Yeah

<Denise> how's that goin' :3

<Mikel_> well, okay. I don't think she knows what to do with a fella that don't just wanna, ah, you know.

  • Mikel_ blushes a little
  • Denise grins but doens't pry becauxe there are things she doens't need detail about from her siblings

<Mikel_> We talk a lot.

<Denise> well, you can take her out places to have a real nice time, I bet :3

<Denise> oh yeah?

<Mikel_> yeah :3

<Mikel_> We went sledding last week.

<Denise> oh swell!

<Denise> Me an enver oughtta go do that

<Denise> maybe all four of us could go out somewhere :3

<Mikel_> Yeah, that'd be nice :)

<Denise> well, we can figure out somethin' fun and get ti all set up then ^_^

<Mikel_> sure thing!

Genevriel testifies against Guydain Larache

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you receive a summons that you are to testify at the trial of Guydain Larache on the fourth day of Fourth-month.

  • Genevriel promptly starts drinking.

<DiablotinNarrator> Are you going to tell anyone? and/or are you going to show up?

  • Genevriel will tell her aunt and then head out to drink.
  • Genevriel probably misses work the night after receiving the summons.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

  • Genevriel has every *intention* of showing up at court...

<DiablotinNarrator> How about you make a will save to see if you can manage to be sober enough to do that?

<Genevriel> (Sure)

  • Mico rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 5 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 10 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> You are not sober enough to get yourself there at the correct time, etc. Fortunately, since you told your aunt, she will make sure that you will get there, calling in help from August if needed.

  • Genevriel is a little combative towards those trying to herd her to court.

<DiablotinNarrator> You are still feeling the effects of your latest binge when you get there.

<Genevriel> (But I guess August can take care of that with his magic hands)

  • August can help calm you down, yes.

<DiablotinNarrator> When you arrive at the court, you'll have to be examined by an official who checks that you aren't under the effects of any magic spells or items.

  • Genevriel openly pulls out a flask for a sip while August is trying to keep her on the level.

<Genevriel> (Not in front of the official, though)

<DiablotinNarrator> The official also eyes you a bit dubiously, and casts a spell on you. The effects of the alcohol you had consumed are negated (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/rite-publishing---3rd-party-spells/c/cleanse-of-alcohol)

<DiablotinNarrator> You are soon called into the courtroom to give your testimony.

<DiablotinNarrator> (possibly because they don't want to give you time to get drunk again ;p)

  • Genevriel is a nervous wreck at this point. The alcohol was giving her courage.

<DiablotinNarrator> There are a number of people in the courtroom that you recognize - including Guydain.

  • August will also sit in the back of the room, as moral support for you.
  • Genevriel looks ashen, but upon seeing Guydain, she actually finds a little strength to do this, strangely.
  • Lawyer asks you a number of basic questions to start with - name, former rank, how long you served with the defendant, etc.
  • Genevriel answers them all truthfully. :P
  • Lawyer then begins to delve into less comfortable topics, asking you about things you witnessed during the war

<Lawyer> Did you observe the defendant torturing prisoners?

<Genevriel> Yes.

  • Genevriel 's knuckles are white as they grip the edge of the witness box.

<Lawyer> On many occasions?

  • Genevriel tries to hold back tears as she remembers all the people. She nods affirmatively, not able to find her voice.
  • Lawyer will ask for more details, to the extent that you are able to give them.

<Genevriel> He... likes his blades. He's good with them, too.

<Genevriel> I've seen him... cut strips of skin away.

<Genevriel> And nails - finger and toe nails. Usually he did that stuff to get them to speak.

  • Lawyer nods

<Genevriel> He'd get Skin and Bones - Alric, I mean - to rough them up, too. Punch them, break bones, you know...

  • Lawyer nods
  • Lawyer asks you some other questions - specific times, places, people (but we don't need to go through all that because I won't make you make it up - I assume Gen knows ;)

<Genevriel> He'd taunt them with food, and water, that he never gave them. Even if they'd been tied up and bleeding a whole day.

<Genevriel> Sometimes I saw him cut off a prisoner's genitals and...

  • Genevriel zones out.
  • Lawyer will draw you back with some less-difficult questions, and then wrap up her inquiries.

<Genevriel> He would keep doing it, long after I believe they'd yielded any useful information.

<DiablotinNarrator> The defense lawyer will then stand to ask you questions.

<Lawyer> Mlle. Doucette, what was your involvement in the events you describe?

<Genevriel> I was a translator.

<Lawyer> Did you at any point object or speak out against any actions you witnessed?

<Genevriel> I learned not to.

<Lawyer> Did you speak to any superior officers about what you say you witnessed?

<Genevriel> No, because when I first was assigned to his squad, Spider - Larache, I mean - made it very clear that if I did, he would harm me.

<Lawyer> Thank you, no further questions.

<DiablotinNarrator> As you are dismissed, you see Guydain staring at you, but you feel a certain... satisfaction, perhaps? and know that he can't hurt you now.

<Genevriel> (I'm not sure that I actually know that, since he hasn't been sentenced, but whatevs! I'm going for more drinks.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (well now as in at this precise moment, anyway ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> You step out of the courtroom with August close behind you, and see the next witness waiting to go in.

<DiablotinNarrator> He is a young man, maybe 16-17 or so, with dark hair. He looks very familiar to you, and as you make eye contact for a moment, you realize why - he is the boy you saved from the fire.

<DiablotinNarrator> The court official calls him in by name - Tehan Demirel. He looks at you for a moment longer, sort of smiles and nods slightly, and then goes in.

  • Genevriel is startled, but probably managed to give him a small sad scared smile before he left.
  • August steps up beside you

<August> let's get you home...

<Genevriel> I'd rather go to a pub.

<August> I'm sure you would. But I'm not sure that's the best idea right now.

<Genevriel> If he isn't found guilty, I'm going to be dead.

<August> I'll contact your work and let them know you don't expect to be in tonight, if you want.

<Genevriel> I might even be dead before he's found guilty.

<August> You did everything you could. I'm proud of you.

  • August says as he is going to steer you home, whether you like it or not ;p

Aubrienne talks to the Vjestaci

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Aubrienne - you wanted to talk to the Vjestaci

<Aubrienne> That is the plan :)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can go to their headquarters in the Shambles, which is also a kind of Rat social club - a place where Rats can get together and speak in their own language, listen to their traditional music, eat traditional foods, that sort of thing.

<Aubrienne> Mmm, mushroom soup, just like Baba makes.

<DiablotinNarrator> It's fairly busy when you get there, and you spot your aunt Svara in attendance

  • Aubrienne will make her way over to her aunt.

<Aubrienne> <r>Svara! Just the person I was looking for. :)

<Svara> <r> Hey, kid, how're you?

  • Aubrienne will give her a hug.

<Svara> (I'll assume everything is in Rat, to avoid having to always type <r> ;)

  • Svara hugs you back

<Aubrienne> (I was just about to type that ;))

<Aubrienne> Uh, overwhelmed, a bit, but we can get into that in a bit. How're you?

<Svara> Not too bad.

<Aubrienne> I have a problem I was hoping you could help with. Or, at the very least, might know someone who could.

<Svara> What's the problem?

  • Aubrienne looks around.

<Aubrienne> Maybe we should head somewhere private.

<Svara> Sure thing.

  • Svara can take you into the 'members only' part of the club, i.e. the basement
  • Aubrienne will follow.

<Aubrienne> So, this might sound a little crazy, but what do you know about the Deck of Many Things?

<Svara> It's a legend... a Harrow deck that can change fate, not just predict it.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, that's what I thought.

<Aubrienne> I'm fairly certain it's not just a legend.

<Svara> Why?

<Aubrienne> Well, some friends of mine, other Rats, they went into the tunnels on a tip about some treasure, and they found an old Harrow deck.

<Aubrienne> Very, very old.

  • Svara nods, listening

<Aubrienne> I used Identify, like I was taught, and it is...off the charts.

<Aubrienne> Every school.

<Svara> ...

<Aubrienne> So, to be sure, I drew a card. It was the Vision, and, well, it worked.

<Svara> worked how?

<Aubrienne> Two visions, one true, one false, but I don't know which is which.

<Svara> shit @_@

<Aubrienne> Yeah.

<Svara> If it is what you say it is, you're lucky it wasn't something much worse.

<Aubrienne> Believe me, I know that.

<Svara> what did your friends do with it?

<Svara> and I guess just as importantly... what are they *going* to do with it?

<Aubrienne> Well, we're kind of debating that.

<Aubrienne> Currently, it's being held by yet another party, who doesn't know what it is, just that it is powerful and dangerous. We can trust them not to do anything with it.

<Svara> THere are a lot of people who'd have an interest in it.

<Aubrienne> I'm sure there are.

<Aubrienne> But I also don't think any of us are comfortable with...almost anyone having it.

<Aubrienne> Including ourselves, really.

  • Svara nods

<Aubrienne> I was hoping someone in the Vjestaci might have an idea, if we can keep it hush-hush and all.

<Svara> Well... in the legends, I think if you damage the deck, it will disappear.

<Aubrienne> One of the others went to the Channels, so we're pursuing pretty much whatever we can, so long as it's in-House.

<Aubrienne> Disappear?

<Aubrienne> It just goes away if you damage it?

<Svara> But where it goes to... who knows? It might just be passing the problem on to someone else - or worse, putting it into the hands of someone who would try to abuse its powers.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, that doesn't seem like a great solution.

  • Svara nods

<Svara> Do you want me to talk to the rest of the Vjestaci about this?

<Svara> or to someone, anyway?

<Aubrienne> If there's someone you trust, I trust you.

<Aubrienne> We're trying to be careful, but we're kind of in over our heads.

  • Svara nods

<Svara> I'll talk to Lyth

<DiablotinNarrator> Lyth du Champe is the head of the Vjestaci, you would certainly have met him before

<Aubrienne> (What would I know about him?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (he's around 60 or so, his father is Alexior du Champe who is the notional 'Emperor' of the Rats, and his uncle is Velten du Champe, who is the current Patriarch.)

<DiablotinNarrator> (in my head he looks like Brian Blessed, but that's probably less relevant to whether you can trust him ;)

<Aubrienne> (Eh, that's a trustworthy face :))

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

<Aubrienne> Okay. I mean, if we can't trust him, coming here at all was kind of a bust.

<Svara> If we can't trust him, we can't trust anyone in the Vjestaci.

<Svara> He might want to talk to you - or your friends. Are you okay with that, or do you want to leave them out of this for now?

<Aubrienne> I'm fine with talking to him. I'd have to check with the others to see if they're willing.

<Svara> All right.

<Svara> For now, I'll just tell him to talk to you.

<Aubrienne> Okay.

<Aubrienne> I really appreciate this, Aunt Svara.

<Aubrienne> There's been a lot going on, and this is just...huge.

<Svara> Of course. It's not every day you find an artifact of our people ...

<Aubrienne> At least it was us, I guess?

  • Svara nods

<Svara> And at least you had the good sense not to draw more cards. ... right?

<Aubrienne> Uh, sure, absolutely.

<Aubrienne> >.>

<Aubrienne> I have not drawn more than one card.

<Svara> ... did any of your friends?

<Aubrienne> No, nobody else has drawn any cards.

  • Svara asks sternly, in that same babysitter's "which one of you broke the lamp" voice :p

<Svara> all right. good.

<Aubrienne> I get that it's basically a cautionary tale, I just...you could do a lot of good with some of the things it's supposed to be able to do.

<Svara> Yes... but you have no idea what you're going to get.

<Aubrienne> This is also why we're looking for a solution. It's too tempting to have around long term.

  • Svara nods

<Svara> we'll figure something out.

<Svara> They're talking to the Channels about this too?

<Aubrienne> Yeah, why?

<Svara> I just want to know who all is in on this.

<Aubrienne> I'll give you more info after I find out what I can say.

<Svara> okay

<Svara> Be careful, Aubrienne. There might be people who would kill to get that deck.

<Aubrienne> When it rains, it pours.

<Aubrienne> Or, I suppose, when it snows it piles? Whatever the appropriately seasonal version would be.

<Aubrienne> Or unseasonal, as the case may be.

<Svara> heh

<Aubrienne> I'm babbling. I need a hug. And soup.

<Svara> I can arrange for both of those things.

<Aubrienne> Bestest aunt.

  • Svara gives you a hug, and then will get you some soup :3

Denise collects Mico

  • Zola will have given Denise instructions for Mico, the time and address at the Oliviers'
  • Denise will probably be a little earluy because she is worried about being late ;p
  • Denise will wait in the driveway though
  • Mico will probably be a smidge late exiting the house, being, well, Zola.
  • Mico is dressed in a nice dark grey suit, with a red tie.
  • Denise will get out of the car like a real driver to open the door for him

<Denise> Um, good evening, Monsieur

<Mico> Good evening, Ms. Murodea.

<Mico> Thank you :)

  • Mico settles into the back on the passenger side.

<Denise> (did Zola give me stuff to gve Mico, or was it insteructions more like how to deal with him?)

<Mico> (Just where to pick him up, when, and that he's private)

<Denise> (okay)

<Denise> um, you're welcome @_@

  • Denise will then get back in the driver's side, excited and nervous

<Mico> Zola mentioned you might be arriving in your own vehicle, much nicer than a worn out taxi seat.

<Denise> oh, gosh, I'm glad you think so!

<Denise> I thought it would be nice, plus then if folks are bein' a real hassle we ain't gotta worry 'bout no cabbies.

<Denise> it ain't mine tough, I borrowed it from my boss :3

  • Mico nods

<Mico> I'll be putting on a disguise as we arrive, to avoid attracting attention on the way in, and a different one on the way out... I'll have a bright purple scarf on when I come back out.

<Denise> okay

<Denise> So I shoudl just wait in the car or should I walk you in an out? :3

<Mico> Oh, it's much too cold to make you wait outside... unless you prefer.

<Mico> Hopefully this is all for nothing :)

<Denise> I figure it'll be better if I don't, just in case :3

  • Mico smiles. "Sounds like a plan."

<Mico> Whenever you're ready.

  • Denise nods, and will head off towardss the radio station

<Denise> yes Monsieur

<Mico> .oO( She's all wound up, poor girl, maybe I should have hired a stranger >_> )

  • Denise is a good driver though!
  • Mico will use the Hat of Disguise to take on the appearance of a stern looking middle-aged woman (modelled after her mother) shortly before we arrive.

<Denise> :o Gosh!

<Denise> that's a neat trick..

<Mico> It does help quite a bit.

<Denise> you could just go out anywhere you wanted like that, huh!

<Mico> Indeed!

"Mico" gives a radio interview

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, Zola - or rather, Mico - you have your interview to do!

<Mico> .oO( Hooray. )

  • Mico sneaks in as Auntie Torvalle
  • Denise escorts :3

<DiablotinNarrator> The radio station is a busy office downtown in the Place d'Iena. As you expected, there are some reporters and photographers lurking outside, but your disguise can throw them off.

  • Mico will drop it once we're within the appropriate offices.

<DiablotinNarrator> The receptionist welcomes you in and introduces you to M. Cuville.

<Mico> Good evening, M. Cuville :)

  • Stefan Cuville is a handsome older gentleman of about 50 or so, and he will shake your hand politely.
  • Mico shakes

<Stefan> Good evening, Mico - a pleasure to finally meet you.

<Mico> You as well. Your show is a joy to listen to.

  • Stefan smiles

<Stefan> I'm glad you enjoy it!

  • Mico makes a note to tell Theo that the older Cuville does not have a face for radio.

<Stefan> So, is there anything you'd like before we begin?

<Mico> Some water would be nice, thank you.

<Stefan> Of course.

  • Stefan 's receptionist can bring some for you.

<Mico> Thank you, dear :)

  • Mico peers around the place a little, it being her first time in a radio station.
  • Stefan shows you around as he escorts you to where you'll sit

<Mico> Where does the signal itself come from? :o

<Stefan> There's a radio tower on the roof.

  • Mico nods
  • Mico is a little excited despite it all @_@

<Stefan> Now, this will be going out live.

<Mico> Yes ... yes.

<Stefan> Don't worry - everyone is going to be so excited to hear you, they'll barely pay attention to what you're saying ;)

<Mico> That's a relief, after a fashion.

<Mico> I've managed to stick to singing on the air, thus far >_>

  • Stefan nods

<Stefan> If you felt like treating us to a live song at the end of the show, I'm sure we could fit that in.

<Mico> Ah, well, I suppose if there's time.

<Stefan> Very well.

<Mico> It's a shame the new one isn't quite ready.

  • Stefan smiles at that

<Stefan> I don't suppose you can drop any hints about it?

<Mico> Well, I'd have had to have brought a trollybell for accompaniment...

  • Stefan chuckles
  • Mico smiles, totally not wincing internally.

<Stefan> A follow-up to Ring, Ring, Ring, then?

<Mico> Yes, Theo seemed to relish the idea.

<Stefan> It sounds like another hit in the making :)

<Mico> We can only hope :)

<Stefan> Well, if you're ready, we can get started...

<Mico> Lead the way.

  • Stefan will bring you to your seat, and take his by the other mic
  • Mico sets his water someplace it won't electrocute us all
  • Stefan will count you in and then the broadcast will go live.

<Stefan> Good evening, Diablotin, and welcome to a very special episode of the Red Lion Dance Hour. Tonight we have with us live in the studio... Mico!

<Stefan> (there's some canned applause ;)

<Mico> Good evening, Diablotin!

<Stefan> Mico, it's a thrill to meet you at last.

<Mico> A pleasure to meet you too, Stefan... big fan of the show :)

<Stefan> Well, thank you very much!

<Stefan> So, I'll get right down to the question that I'm sure is on plenty of listener's minds... is there someone special in your life right now?

<Mico> Well...

  • Mico puts on a reluctant tone, "I've recently been enjoying the company of an old flame who's returned to the city. I'll leave it at that."

<Stefan> Ooh, well, it sounds very romantic :)

<Mico> It can be. :)

  • Mico seems disinclined to elaborate

<Stefan> A bit of a tricky one next - if you were stuck on a desert island, what three items would you want to have with you?

<Mico> You mean other than Boots of Teleportation?

  • Stefan chuckles
  • Mico allows a pause for dramatic timing...

<Mico> I would definitely want a radio. It would be hellish not to be able to listen to music. A crystal ball would be nice, to watch things going on in the wide world as well. After that... have they invented an everfull icebox yet?

<Stefan> You'll be enjoying your island in comfort, then!

<Mico> I'm not one for roughing it, I'll admit.

<Stefan> Turning to your music - where did you learn to sing? Have you been musically-inclined ever since you were a child?

<Mico> I always enjoyed music, and singing along... especially since we got a radio when I was young. I didn't really pursue it until we moved to Diablotin, and eventually I decided to attend the Castalia to really commit to it.

<Stefan> I see - a real professional, then!

<Mico> I do hope so :)

<Stefan> On that same note - hah - who would you say is your biggest inspiration as a musician?

  • Mico gives a polite chuckle for the pun

<Mico> Well, I certainly wouldn't be where I am today without the support of the fantastic Ysabeau Olivier. I was fortunate to receive instruction from her at the Castalia, and she has provided guidance and friendship ever since.

<Mico> She's an inspiration to me as a professional and as a person.

<Stefan> A true legend, yes.

<Mico> For more modern tastes, I am a huge admirer of King Courtemanche's innovative style.

<Stefan> Oh, very interesting!

  • Mico goes on about it, and maybe some other modern artists...

<Stefan> Of your own songs, which is your personal favourite?

<Mico> I'd have to say it's No Magic Like Love... I think Theo -- Theo Olivier, who writes most of my songs -- really captured how I feel about love... a power of its own in the world.

<Stefan> That's very true.

  • Stefan agrees

<Stefan> So, you told us you trained at the Castalia - are you a bard? Or are we all simply being charmed by your marvellous talent, without any magic involved? ;)

<Mico> I did train as a bard while at the Castalia, yes, though I don't yet know how to charm an audience through the radio :)

<Stefan> I imagine that's a whole new field of bardic research...

<Mico> It may well be.

<Stefan> As for the radio, that's where most of us became familiar with your work. Why do you do so few live performances?

<Mico> Well, Stefan, I am quite a private person. I'm not taken with the idea of being up on a stage like this, with all the lights and crowds...

<Stefan> A little touch of stage fright, perhaps?

<Mico> Something like that, perhaps. And I can be comfortable that it's the music that your listeners are enjoying, not me as a spectacle...

<Mico> I do regret it sometimes, as I do very much enjoy bringing music to people... perhaps someday.

<Stefan> Well, in the meanwhile, it's great to have you here tonight.

<Mico> I'm honoured to be here :)

<Stefan> One of our listeners very much wanted to know - do you have any pets?

  • Mico laughs... "A special request, that one?"

<Mico> I've got a few furry friends in my life, but no pets I could call my own.

<Stefan> More of a cat person, or a dog person?

  • Stefan asks with a smile

<Mico> Definitely a cat person :)

<Stefan> What do you like to do in your spare time? Any hobbies or special interests, aside from music?

<Mico> I very much enjoy the other arts, from literature to drama... if I could spend my time just admiring the works of others, I think I could be quite content.

<Stefan> I see - so, what would be your idea of an ideal date, then?

<Mico> I think an ideal date depends on who you're with, not what you do. I can never answer that question properly, because whenever I think of a time or a place or an activity, it's always a pleasure when I imagine it's with the right person.

<Stefan> Ah, a true romantic :)

<Mico> Guilty as charged :)

<Stefan> Well, if you were to go out to any restaurant - what would be your favourite food?

<Stefan> Unless you prefer something homemade, of course :)

  • Mico seems to consider

<Mico> Hmm, you know, I think I'll confess to a guilty pleasure of mine. Fish & chips... I try not to indulge too often, but it really is a comfort food for me.

<Mico> Perhaps it's my coastal origins :)

<Stefan> It must be easier to avoid it here - it's surely better close to the ocean :)

<Mico> There's a few places in town I can find it done right :)

<Stefan> One last question, just to put you on the spot for a moment: what would you say was your most embarassing moment?

  • Mico puts on a good "Oh you"-laugh for the mic...

<Mico> I'll just say it's too embarassing to recount on the air, Stefan :)

<Stefan> Oh, too bad - maybe you can make it up to us with a quick song before you go?

<Mico> Certainly. What do you think your listeners would like to hear the most? Are they tired of the latest yet? :)

<Stefan> Never!

<Mico> .oO( Yaaay )

  • Mico will presumably sing Ring Ring Ring then -_-

<DiablotinNarrator> (there's a piano in the studio if you want to accompany yourself, or you can do an acapella version - either way, how about a Perform roll :)

  • Mico will play
  • Mico totally also casts Tap Inner Beauty during the commercial break
  • Mico is not above cheatin' :V

<DiablotinNarrator> (heh)

  • Mico rolls [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 25 ]

<DiablotinNarrator> (decent :)

  • Mico will use inspired
  • Mico rolls [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 31 ]

<DiablotinNarrator> (even better!)

<Mico> (Also I don't know if my fame counts for that? if so, +6)

<Mico> (People are impressed but not sure why!)

  • Stefan will thank you again, and then the show can cut to some records, so he can speak to you for a moment off the air.

<Stefan> Thanks again - great job!

<Mico> Thank you :)

<Stefan> And don't worry - your secret's safe with me.

<Mico> Oh?

<Mico> What secret?

<Stefan> I have a good ear for voices.

<Stefan> That, and your agent sent the Zola recordings, so...

  • Mico maintains her mask as best she can.
  • Stefan shrugs, smiling
  • Mico laughs

<Mico> That's just the coastal accent, we're both from Arige

<Mico> Ariège

<Stefan> Of course.

<Stefan> Well, let us know as soon as that new single is ready, and we'll have it on the air.

  • Mico maintains a bemused expression
  • Stefan will thank you again and go back to his mic before the current song finishes.

<Mico> Well, Hector will send that on once it's all polished up and ready for the air. I hope everyone will like it.

<Mico> .oO( GAAAGHGHGGH! )

<Stefan> Sounds great!

  • Mico will thank all seven gods Denise wasn't there for that bit
  • Mico will meet up with her >_>
  • Denise will drive you back
  • Denise is all excited after listening to that and had to rry harder not to pestere with questions :3
  • Mico will take on the appearance of a blonde, bearded gentleman, with the purple scarf as an afterthought, though Denise is already ther.
  • Mico is even more subdued on the way out and the drive home >_>
  • Denise will not pester then, but maybe ask if you are okay :3

<Mico> Yes... fine, thank you. Just a bit drained...

<Denise> aww, well, I'll get you right back then :3

  • Mico spends most of the drive staring intently out the window
  • Mico will thank you, when you open the door for him to get out.

<Mico> A pleasure, Ms. Murodea.

  • Mico hands her an envelope with her pay.

<Denise> you too M, Mico.... thanks again for singin' for me at the party :3

<Denise> oh, gosh, right, thanks!

  • Denise will slip that away

<Mico> It was a pleasure.

<Mico> If you've any need for a reference, give my agent a call and let him know.

<Denise> swell, thank you!

  • Denise beams
  • Denise wonders if she couldb make more money at this since she is going to need more >.>

<Mico> Good night :)

  • Mico goes inside to change face and possibly flail at Ysabeau if she's awake

Solos

Genevriel falls off the wagon

<Genevriel> (ok, I figured this will just be in the Voclain residence, not long after August has dropped Gen off after her court appearance)

<Sylvise> (okay)

  • Genevriel finds her aunt. She looks pale and anxious.

<Genevriel> Tante Sylvise, do you have a moment?

<Sylvise> Of course, my dear.

  • Sylvise will put down the book she was reading and come to your side

<Sylvise> How was it?

<Genevriel> It wasn't pleasant, but it's done.

  • Sylvise nods

<Sylvise> Can I get you anything?

<Genevriel> Gin, please.

  • Genevriel says without thinking.
  • Sylvise looks a bit concerned, but will get you a glass of gin (somewhat watered)
  • Genevriel drinks it rather more quickly than would be considered healthy or normal, and seems puzzled and disappointed by her now-empty glass.

<Genevriel> I... I should move out.

<Sylvise> Why on earth would you do that?

<Genevriel> I think my being here now might put you and Oncle Jerard in danger.

  • Sylvise looks puzzled

<Sylvise> Why?

<Genevriel> Because I testified against Larache.

<Sylvise> But of course you did. You had to.

<Genevriel> Yes, but he's not the kind of person who forgives or forgets.

<Sylvise> Why would we be more in danger with you here, though?

<Genevriel> He may be in custody, but he'll send people.

<Genevriel> I need another drink.

<Sylvise> Gen, dear... you need to think clearly.

  • Sylvise says in a calming voice

<Sylvise> If you're right, then you aren't safe on your own.

<Sylvise> And if his intent is to harm you indirectly, by hurting your family for instance, then we're in danger whether you're here or anywhere else. Leaving only puts you into more danger.

<Genevriel> I don't know that he'd go after you. He'll want me to hurt. If they find me here, then you and Oncle will just be collateral damage.

<Genevriel> So I have to go.

<Sylvise> Genevriel Doucette, you listen to me.

  • Sylvise says in a firm, motherly tone

<Sylvise> You are not about to go off and do something foolish because you think you're protecting us. You've had a terrible day and you need some rest.

<Genevriel> No, I- I need to go.

  • Genevriel gets up and heads towards the door.
  • Sylvise will go and put herself between you and the door
  • Genevriel looks surprised, and tries to push by you.

<Sylvise> Do you honestly think you're in any fit state to leave?

<Sylvise> You're going to go and get drunk and wind up dead in an alley somewhere, without Larache's help!

  • Genevriel frowns and redoubles her efforts to get by.
  • Sylvise casts ... something... and the floor under your feet becomes sticky

<Sylvise> (you can make a reflex save ;)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 17 ].

<Sylvise> (okay, you're not stuck, but it counts as difficult terrain, so you move more slowly through it)

  • Genevriel is getting frustrated.

<Sylvise> I'm not just going to let you walk out of here!

<Sylvise> He isn't going to do anything within the next day, regardless. He won't do anything until after the trial's over.

<Sylvise> So you can at least wait until then, and get some rest so you can think more clearly because You. Are. Not. Thinking. Straight.

<Genevriel> (I'm going to shove her, hard - is that a CMB roll?)

<Sylvise> (not unless you're trying to grapple her or bullrush her or something)

<Sylvise> (but you have to get through the glue first)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+5

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 19 ].

<Sylvise> (that's enough for you to get through the glue)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+5

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 9 ].
  • Sylvise steps aside to let you bonk off the door, I think with that roll

<Genevriel> (How badly do I bonk? Do I take any damage?  ;) )

<Sylvise> (probably just a bit bruised, nothing serious)

  • Genevriel will leave, desperate to drown her fears in drink.

<Sylvise> (leave out the door? or off into the rest of the house?)

<Genevriel> (out the door)

  • Sylvise will call after you and cast one more spell at you before you get too far away

<Sylvise> (and you can make a Fort save)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 6 ].
  • Sylvise shrinks you to half your size, and goes over and picks you up as if you were a naughty child.

<Sylvise> All right, off to bed with you.

  • Genevriel struggles futilely.

<Sylvise> Now listen. I do not want you going out there on your own. I will give you a bottle of gin, and you will stay in your room.

<Sylvise> And we'll discuss this when you're able to be rational about it again.

  • Sylvise brings you back inside, and will take you upstairs to beddy-bye with your bottle ;p

<Sylvise> (and the spell wears off after a few minutes, so you don't need to worry about alcohol poisoning yourself by accident by being 1/8th your usual weight or whatever it is)

  • Genevriel isn't too proud to drink up. But she is still freaking out about Larache coming for her and Sylvise or Jerard getting in the way. She just won't be vocal about it.
  • Genevriel doesn't jump out of the window by some miracle, but she does probably cry for more alcohol. Loudly.

Aubrienne asks Cora to look into the government experimental farm

  • Cora will arrive at the Green Willow Café at the appointed time, thoroughly bundled up in a large coat.
  • Aubrienne , de-bundled, will be waiting in a booth.
  • Aubrienne will wave and stand as Cora enters

<Aubrienne> Cora! Thanks for meeting me. I hope the scheduling wasn't too much of a hassle; I work strange hours.

  • Cora comes over to you, and as she unbuttons her coat you can see there's a baby strapped to her chest with a sling. It looks quite cozy and is apparently sleeping at the moment - mostly all you can see is a little wisp of blond hair.

<Cora> No, it's fine.

<Aubrienne> Aww, hello little one.

  • Cora smiles
  • Aubrienne will coo at the bebbe for a little bit.

<Aubrienne> Please, sit. Would you like something to eat or drink?

<Cora> This is Boden... he's new here :3

<Cora> And I'd love some tea to warm up.

  • Aubrienne will flag down a server for some tea.

<Aubrienne> Nice to meet you, Boden.

<Aubrienne> It certainly seems like the last few [months, right?] have been kind. :)

<Cora> (yeah... the baby can't be more than like... a month or two old?)

<Cora> Well, I'm feeling mostly recovered, at least.

<Aubrienne> I'm certainly glad to hear it.

<Cora> He's quite agreeable, for the most part. Although it's a lot of work, I don't mind so much.

  • Aubrienne smiles.

<Aubrienne> Perhaps not the smoothest transition, but I feel quite the same way about Jean-Faust right now. :/

<Cora> He's less trouble than my troops, and I probably get more sleep than I did most nights during the war, too.

<Cora> Ah... how is he doing? :/

<Aubrienne> Better than he was, though he's under closer supervision right now.

  • Cora nods

<Aubrienne> There was an...incident, a while back, and he needs closer watching for his own safety.

<Cora> I'm sorry to hear that.

<Aubrienne> They believe he will be better in the long run, but it's going to be a long process.

<Aubrienne> Not entirely unlike what's happened with some of our other soldiers, from what I've read.

<Cora> My prayers are with him, then, for a full recovery.

<Aubrienne> I'll be sure to pass along your goodwill.

<Aubrienne> You could come see him sometime, if you like.

<Aubrienne> It might do him some good.

<Aubrienne> Though obviously you have your hands full.

<Aubrienne> :)

<Cora> I would be glad to.

<Aubrienne> I can't thank you enough for bringing me his last letter. I'm not sure we would have been able to recover him if you hadn't.

<Aubrienne> It set things in motion, as it were.

<Cora> Oh, that's good to hear. I'm glad it was helpful.

<Aubrienne> I hate to return your kindness by asking for a favor, but I wonder if I might ask one of you anyway.

<Cora> I really did deliberate over showing it to you... I was worried it might just cause more pain for your family.

<Cora> Oh?

<Aubrienne> I'm glad you decided to show me.

<Aubrienne> This business with Jean-Faust and the fey, it's led to some...peculiar situations, to say the least, and something has come up of a rather sensitive nature that I thought you might be able to assist with.

<Cora> I just thought, finally, if it was my brother, I would want to know...

  • Cora nods, listening

<Aubrienne> I'm certainly willing to share the details with you, but a colleague of mine has come into possession of some news that may suggest certain elements within the Empire are conducting operations which may be...ah, untoward.

  • Aubrienne doesn't look terribly happy with her own wording.
  • Cora frowns, looking a bit puzzled

<Cora> I mean, I don't doubt that's true, but... I need a bit more information before I can have any chance of helping you.

<Aubrienne> A government farm near the city is contracting for alchemical equipment under the table and my colleague feels they may have some sinister connection to our current problems with the fey.

<Cora> all right...

<Aubrienne> It's entirely possible their motives are good, but what they are doing may also have some negative consequences of which they are either unaware of or merely dismissive.

<Cora> When you say a connection, do you believe this could be drawing them here?

<Aubrienne> It's possible. My suspicion right now is that they may be working on some way to combat them, which is all well and good, but it may also prove dangerous to other citizens of the Empire. I'm worried we may have a bit of a, ah, baby with the bath water situation.

<Aubrienne> Conversely, we know that some of the fey are corruptive in nature, and the equipment may relate to furthering that agenda.

  • Cora nods

<Aubrienne> There's much we don't know, and I'd prefer knowledge to speculation.

<Cora> As would I.

<Aubrienne> I know we don't know each other that well, but you seem like an honorable and good person, and I had hoped you might be able and willing to help.

<Aubrienne> That said, I also know this could be dangerous, and you clearly have a reason to be cautious.

  • Aubrienne nods to baby Boden.

<Aubrienne> I wouldn't blame you if you want no part in this.

<Cora> I'm flattered that you felt you could come to me with this. And it does sound worrying, even from the little you've described.

<Cora> But government scientific research isn't my area of expertise... I guess I would want to know what you hope I could do to help.

<Aubrienne> Well, apparently the facility is under military guard. I thought perhaps you might have your own connections which could be helpful.

<Aubrienne> I know it's a long shot, but this is the less...drastic course.

<Aubrienne> Everyone is scared, and I worry about reactions.

<Cora> So you're hoping to find out more about the precise nature of the research that's going on there?

<Aubrienne> That's the hope, yes.

<Cora> If it's something innocuous, then maybe the concerns are unfounded?

<Aubrienne> Very possibly.

  • Cora considers

<Cora> If I make some inquiries, and it turns out that the matters involved are under military secrecy, I may not be able to tell you the details, even if I can learn more about them.

<Cora> But maybe I could reassure you that there's nothing untoward. assuming that's the case.

<Aubrienne> I'd appreciate any information you could get us.

<Aubrienne> Even if it's just that there's nothing to worry about.

<Cora> I'm not naive... I know that there could be suspicious or dangerous things going on, even within organizations that are designed to do good.

<Cora> I'm a member of the Order of the Spoke... I've seen it happen before.

  • Aubrienne frowns and nods.

<Cora> I do still have my oaths and my duty... to the army, and to the church.

<Aubrienne> I understand. We all have our obligations.

<Aubrienne> I'm sorry that I had nowhere else to turn with this.

<Cora> it's all right.

<Cora> I can try to find out more about this. And I promise you that if I conclude there's nothing to worry about, I'll let you know that. And if I conclude otherwise... well. Then we'll all have to make some decisions about what might be the right thing to do.

  • Aubrienne nods.

<Aubrienne> I can live with that.

<Aubrienne> Now, I believe I owe you some tea. And maybe a meal? It's very literally the least I can do.

<Cora> That's very thoughtful of you. Thank you :)

  • Cora will accept your offer of a meal, and will leave a generous tip for the waiter if you insist on paying ;)

<Aubrienne> (Heh, fair)

Denise and Enver explore the sewers beneath the Cabaret

  • Denise will bring club food over to Enver's one morning after work :3

<Enver> Oh, sweet, thanks :)

  • Enver gives you a kiss and then will tuck into some cold meat and bread

<Denise> they made too much, and Reyld scammed some, and I scammed it offa him >.>

<Denise> how was work? Anythin' interestin'?

<Enver> ah, mostly just the usual

<Enver> I did find this, though

  • Enver pulls out of his pocket a (hopefully washed) silver spoon, somewhat bent and tarnished

<Enver> Prolly worth a little bit, anyway, it's real silver.

<Denise> swell

  • Denise looks it over

<Enver> Georn don't mind me keepin' anythin' that he ain't willin' to go to the effort of gettin'

<Denise> heh

<Denise> now I wonder what kinda collection he must have :o

<Denise> unless he just hocks it all >.>

<Enver> yeah, I think that's more like it...I know he keeps things he thinks belonged to the Old Folks, but stuff like this - surface junk - he would just get rid of for cash.

  • Denise does not add 'for drink money' because that's understood
  • Denise nods

<Denise> speakin' of all that though - did you ever get a chance to look into what might be under the Club that's supposed to be all special to the fey?

<Enver> Oh!

<Denise> I know you said prolly some rivers are under there, but like they gotta run all over, not just there

  • Denise listens

<Enver> with everythin' else that was goin' on, I haven't done it yet :/

<Denise> ahh, right

<Denise> that's fair, you were lookin; in to other stuff

  • Enver nods

<Enver> Would you wanna go with me an' check it out?

<Denise> sure, if ee can fins the time @_@

<Enver> maybe after we sleep for a bit... or, uh, whatever... >.>

<Denise> like, with that trip to Ariege an all

  • Denise smiles

<Denise> oh yeah, we could do it today.... after we go to bed for a bit O:)

<Enver> yeah ^-^

  • Enver will gladly go off to bed for a bit for... probably not sleep ;)
  • Denise will kick you out of bed eventually and get dressed for sewer crawling, whee!
  • Denise probably keeps her stuff for that here, tbh >.>

<Enver> (fair)

  • Enver will take us to a reasonably unobtrusive sewer entrance not too far from the club, then
  • Denise follows along, defering to his expertise :3

<Enver> I'm kinda figurin' out where we gotta go, so sorry if we need to backtrack or stuff

<Denise> that's okay

  • Enver will basically wander around, occasionally coming up against a grate or an obstacle, and then having to figure out if he can get through it/around it or has to go another way... it's kind of a slow process when he hasn't already figured out the best route ;)
  • Enver can benefit from your help to boost him/lift heavy things/help as needed, though :)
  • Denise is pretty good at breaking through stuff wherre brute force will do the trickm, at least >.>

<Denise> (also being tall, yes!)

  • Denise keeps an eye out for monsters and gross fungusy stuff
  • Enver eventually finds our way into what you think looks like an older tunnel. It's not brick like the newer ones, but a weird smooth stone.
  • Denise touches it, curious :3

<Denise> is that our folks made that?

  • Denise asks quietly

<Enver> them, or maybe even the ones before them... they did 'em with magic, I guess.

  • Denise nods
  • Enver gestures to a sort of narrow stream of water that flows along the channel

<Denise> I guess I ain't real clear on whenthe folks before end and our folks start..

  • Denise looks down

<Enver> That's the Stonerun... or what there is of it here

<Denise> well the name makes sense...

  • Denise says, looking down the tunnel

<Enver> It goes up above ground a few places, but down here it's all kinda boxed in

  • Enver sniffs the air and decides which way to go
  • Denise sniffs also, mostly to see what he smells >.>
  • Enver seems to be navigating at least partly based on smell - he'll point out when we're near certain businesses that he can pick up distinct odours from - butcher shops, bakeries, auto mechanics, etc.
  • Enver also has a really good map of the city in his head, though, and sometimes just Knows where we are
  • Denise is still super impressed at that

<Enver> Okay, we should be comin' up close on the club.

<Enver> we just go ...whoa!

  • Denise nods and remains hyper alert
  • Enver steps back as he notices a sudden drop-off
  • Denise looks at the sorce of his 'woah'

<Enver> (The tunnel looks to have cracked or shifted, so that there's a sharp drop of about 10 feet or so. The water runs over it in a little cascade)

<Denise> Oh, it ain't that far

  • Denise says, looking down

<Enver> No, but you don't wanna walk off it by accident

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> I'd caught you ^-^

<Enver> heh

<Denise> (i'da)

<Denise> come on then

<Denise> YOu want I shoudl let you down first?

<Enver> sure

  • Denise can do that, and then climb/jump down herself as necessary
  • Enver looks around once we're down

<Enver> (The air is a bit misty from the water spray, and this area is kind of mossy and green - not fungusy, you don't think, or at least you don't get that impression from it. The water forms a pool at the bottom - maybe a couple feet deep.)

<Denise> huh, its kinda pretty :3

  • Denise will have a good look around, peering into the pool

<Enver> (sec, describing :)

<Enver> (It's more like a little room down here than a tunnel - a bit more spacious, less regularly-shaped. At the bottom of the pool, you can see some items that glisten and catch what little light there is.)

<Denise> oh waaaaait...

<Denise> tbhat's like.... the drowning guy!

<Enver> the ... drowning guy?

<Denise> Jonas

<Denise> the... I never remember the name

<Denise> the Fey who trick folk into thinkin' there's treasure and then drowns 'em

<Enver> oh, right, yeah

<Enver> the fossegrim

<Denise> yes!

<Enver> what if it really *is* treasure, an' it's a double bluff ;)

  • Denise keeps away from the edge of the pool

<Denise> then we need a long stick ;p

<Denise> or, like... a grapplin' hook ;p

  • Enver nods

<Enver> well, we ain't gotta go grabbin' for it now

<Denise> no

<Enver> but I'd say that we're pretty much under the club

<Denise> I wonder if he knows were down here >.>

  • Denise nods

<Denise> like, is he here in the water, but like we can't tell 'cause of fey magc?

<Enver> I dunno

<Denise> Or is he really not?

<Denise> or, like, if we went *in* the water wold he be able to still be there an' drown us?

<Denise> Fey are weird :/

  • Denise teies to get a better peek at what the fake treasure even is ;p

<Enver> if he drowns people down here, wouldn't there be bodies an' stuff?

<Denise> (tries)

<Denise> well, there ain't been in a real long time >.>

<Denise> maybe, like, if you reach in to get the gold what you see afore you get drowned is its really all skulls ;p

<Enver> ew...

<Denise> that sounds like a good fey story, anyway

<Enver> but maybe, I guess

  • Enver nods

<Denise> or maybe he just moves them

<Denise> or...somethin >.>

<Enver> maybe

<Enver> Anyway.. I dunno if this is some special fey magic place, or what

<Enver> it's pretty, like you said

<Enver> but if there's more to it than that, I dunno. Maybe we just can't tell, 'cause we ain't sorcs or whatever.

<Denise> yeah...

  • Denise looks for anything she could take a sample of
  • Denise eyes the water

<Denise> okay, so, like, is anythin jumps out at me, grab me :p

<Denise> (if)

<Enver> okay

  • Denise will cautiously approach closer and take a water sample >.>

<Enver> (okay, you can do that without anything trying to murder you ;)

<Denise> (yay! Can I get a better look at the shinies? ;)

<Enver> (you don't think it's coins - more like pieces of jewelry, weapons, that sort of thing)

<Denise> Maybe it's like.... offerings?

<Enver> maybe, yeah

<Denise> I don't got anything to put in though >.>

  • Denise is not throwing away her engagement broach!
  • Enver still has that spoon on him

<Enver> Do you think this'd do? it's silver

<Denise> we can try it an see?

<Enver> okay

  • Enver steps closer and drops it into the pool

<Enver> It's an offering for ... whoever's place this is. Thanks for lettin' us see it.

  • Enver says to the air, or whoever might be listening

<Denise> Jonas, prolly

  • Denise waits to see if anything happens

<Enver> (The air seems to shimmer and for a moment the space feels much larger - not like a tunnel at all, and the pool is much deeper, much clearer, with light dancing on its surface. You get a breath of fresh air, and a sense of relief, or gratitude perhaps? After a moment, the feeling fades away and the space seems back to normal.)

<Denise> woah.,..

<Enver> huh

<Enver> maybe that's what it used to be?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> afore it got all closed in

  • Enver nods

<Denise> or maybe even like, in the fey world

<Denise> it were like that, all bright an all

<Enver> maybe, yeah

<Denise> I think we got our answer, though.... maybe we should head back

<Enver> sure thing

<Denise> clan up an had a real sleep ^-^

<Denise> (clean)

  • Enver nods, smiling
  • Enver will navigate our way out of here, then

Denise and Zola talk about many things, including Jonas

  • Denise will try and flag you down after one of your sets
  • Zola gives you a wave in return and heads on over

<Zola> Hey kid, how’s things? :)

<Denise> things are kinda crazy is what they are!

<Denise> how're you? :3

<Zola> Tell me about it.

  • Denise grins

<Zola> I can’t complain.

<Denise> YOu heard about Dorien's.... thing?

<Zola> ... what? Like, he caught something?

  • Zola looks a little confused and a little grossed out

<Denise> D:

<Denise> no - like, his plan

<Zola> Ohhh, yeah, Bri told Hugo & I... but I’m not sure plan’s the right word for it >_>

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> yeah that's sorta what I thought >.>

<Denise> he asked me abot it

<Denise> but I said I gotta hear more first

<Denise> but now I'm goin' away for a bit for work :3

<Zola> Oh yeah? Where to?

<Denise> Ariege!

  • Denise grins at you

<Zola> My hometown!

<Zola> What’re you doin’ all the way out wesT?

<Denise> Boss's got business

  • Denise shrugs

<Denise> but like

<Zola> Ah, just goin’ along for the ride.

<Denise> Enver's comin' too

<Denise> an he said we'd have some time to, like, jus' bum around town an such :3

<Denise> so you gotta tell me where to go an what to see!

<Zola> I will! Though some of it might have vanished since I was there last.

  • Zola mentions a few interesting landmarks that’re /probably/ still around...

<Zola> And there was this park where you could just sit and relax and watch the docks, but it might still be a bit chilly for that... even there >_>

<Denise> watch the ducks, huh ^-^

<Denise> (err, docks >.>)

<Zola> (lol)

  • Denise has a teenager's ability to read 'makeout spot' into just about anything >.>

<Zola> Yeah, with the right company it’s a nice scene for some together time :)

<Denise> I bet...

<Denise> :3

<Denise> we been talkin' a lot lately

<Denise> 'bout movin' in together, an gettin married...

<Zola> :o

<Denise> Like, in the fall, say

<Zola> Wow, that’s serious talk!

<Zola> So is it a plan?

<Denise> un huh :3

<Denise> well

<Denise> maybe like, a Dorien plan, for now >.>

<Denise> only like, more for real ;p

<Denise> we got lots of stuff to work out, an savin up to do to get a place

<Zola> That’s crazy!

<Zola> But it’s still a plan!

<Denise> yeah but not like *bad* crazy >>>

  • Zola smiles

<Denise> >.>

<Zola> Of course not! It’s great!

  • Zola throws her arms wide for a hug
  • Denise happily gives you a hug ^-^
  • Zola gives you a big smooch

<Zola> I’m thrilled you found a fellow you want to stick with!

<Zola> AND one who isn’t scared off by the idea of a ring :D

  • Denise grins, but tries to wipe the lipstick off her face

<Denise> heh

<Denise> well, I ain't got a ring - we figured it'd just get in the way >.>

<Denise> but he gave me this for Rat day, and it turns out its got some magic in it :o

<Zola> Well, you’ve got time to get one eventually

<Zola> Oh yeah?

<Denise> sothat'll do for bein' engaged :3

<Zola> What’s it do?

<Denise> I guess it sucks up electric shoscks, an then I can zap 'em back out

  • Zola detects magic... “PRofessional curiosity :D”

<Zola> Fancy

<Denise> un huh

<Denise> Mlle aubrienne identified it

<Denise> I were gonna say, it's just somethin' he found when he was workin', but that reminds me the other thing I wan'ed to tell you

<Zola> At work? What’s he do again? o_O

<Denise> >.>

<Denise> Stuff down in the Undercity

  • Denise says vaguely

<Zola> Eww

  • Denise sticks out her tongue

<Zola> I guess it pays well at least >_>

<Denise> it ain't so bad,m you just gotta dress for it, is all

  • Denise says, a touch defensively

<Zola> ... maybe I should go down sometime...

<Zola> I’ve got trouble not thinking of it all like sewer I guess >_>

<Denise> well

<Denise> we went down this mornin', to see what's all under here

<Zola> Oh yeah?

<Denise> un huh

<Zola> D’you find Jonas’ river?

<Denise> yup!

<Denise> we knew it ran under th' area

<Denise> but I figure there'd gotta be somethin' more special

<Zola> What’s it like? Is it clean at all?

<Denise> it flows through this old tunnel, all made with magic a real long time ago

<Denise> yeah

<Zola> How far down is it do you think?

<Denise> Uhh

<Denise> I got no iddea, but Enver prolly could tell :p

<Denise> but

<Denise> (sec, gotta help a kid)

<Denise> there *was* somwthin' down there

<Zola> Like a mushroom monster or something?

<Denise> no!

<Denise> it was real nice, just liek, prettty moss, an a little pool

<Denise> an *in* the pool was a buncha stuff

<Denise> like, weapons an jewellery an stuff

<Denise> at first we figure, like.... it was that fake treaure for trickin' folks into drownin >.>

<Zola> That would have been Jonas >_>

<Denise> but it weren't all gold or nothin', and there weren't no coins

<Denise> well

<Denise> no...

  • Denise glances in the direction of the band

<Denise> I still think it were

<Denise> but

<Denise> I we though that, like, maybe it were more like... offerins

<Denise> there's old lore 'bout that sorta thing, I guess, thanking the rivers an such for lettin' you pass by

<Zola> Huh

<Denise> so we figured we'd try it, right?

<Denise> Enver had this old silver spoon he found on him

<Denise> so he tossed that in and said some thanks for lettin' us come down

<Denise> an then like.//

<Zola> (This stuff is totally not in the log ?)

<Denise> for a second the pool were like, somewhere else

<Denise> (it was a solo from yesterday)

<Denise> (I haven't sent it to C yet ;p)

<Zola> (Oh I thought this was the Harrow pool)

<Denise> (nope)

<Zola> Somewhere else?

<Denise> well, I dunno

<Denise> like we didn't really get like ... moved or nothin

<Denise> maybe it were mpre like an illusion, showin' us how things used to be

<Denise> maybe before folks came along an closed it all in, or before it were in this world even

<Denise> it reminded me of the Fey world stuff, all green an bright like that

<Denise> an more open, an bigger

<Denise> an like, if you could think a 'thank yo' at someone, how that might feel like

<Denise> (you)

<Denise> that too

<Zola> Wow :o

<Denise> yeah

<Zola> How hard was it to get to?

<Denise> there were a big drop off right before it, liek ten feet or so

<Denise> other'n that it weren't so bad once enver figured the way

<Denise> lotsa backtrackin' afore that though

<Zola> Climbing? :|

<Denise> a little I guess?

<Denise> I just jumped it >.>

<Zola> Ten feet? :o

<Denise> down

<Zola> I’d probably twist an ankle

<Denise> it ain't so bad, you could just hang an drop down

<Denise> or get some help ;p

<Denise> anyway

<Denise> so like, though - look at 'im today, right?

<Zola> Who, Jonas?

  • Zola looks
  • Denise nods over to Jonas, who is looking a little better today than his usual sickly self

<Zola> Huh... and you think that’s because of the spoon?

<Denise> plus like, when I was chckin earlier he gave me this look like 'un uh, I know what you was up too,', an he winked

  • Zola laughs

<Denise> I dunno if its just the sppon or the spoon an the words

<Zola> Huh.

<Denise> like, I think the sayin' thanks is important too

<Zola> Do you think people are down there much at all?

<Denise> nah

<Denise> ain't many folks down that way at all

<Denise> an we had to hunt around to find a way in

<Zola> I wonder if he goes down there, or if he just... knows what went on.

<Denise> I fgure its more he jjust knows 'cause its his place

<Zola> I know some water fey can be invisible when they’re in water... but I can’t remember if that’s the fossegrim.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> how'd we figure on him bein' thatr?

<Denise> (-r)

<Denise> do they take offerin's like that?

<Zola> Hugo and I did a lot of reading after that fey party we went to, and it’s what fit him best...

  • Denise nods

<Zola> I’m not sure if it’s a fossegrim thing, or maybe something to do with the pool? Maybe he’s just tied to someplace special.

<Denise> maybe

<Zola> If I’d read about it, it might have made the whole tempting people to drown themselves bit a smidge less ominous... if you’ve got a pile of less tempting stuff you don’t want disturbed.

<Zola> Kinda makes sense then?

<Denise> I guess

<Zola> Course then you might tempt someone who’d have left your other stuff alone >_>

<Denise> or maybe its just another kind a offering >.>

<Zola> What, drowning?

<Zola> o_O

<Denise> well like, people, sure

<Zola> I suppose... maybe once upon a time :|

<Denise> we didn't see no bodies or nothin down there though'

  • Denise clarifies

<Denise> no bones

<Zola> Well, the way Tits vouches for him, I don’t imagine he’s down there chomping away on people night after night >_>

<Denise> no

<Zola> .oO( Don’t imagine... hope... same thing? )

<Denise> like I said, it ain't a place folks can get to real easy

<Zola> Yeah

  • Zola looks over at him again

<Zola> Funny, you’d think he might try to change that if it makes him hale & hearty ... or maybe that’s too dangerous.

<Denise> well, there's plent of other dangerous stuff in the sewers

  • Zola doesn’t seem too concerned by that

<Denise> anyway, I figured I oughtta let folks know about that

<Zola> Yeah, I’m glad... glad to hear it’s a nice place too...

<Denise> 'cause we were wonderig what was so special to the fey here

<Zola> Maybe I’ll ask him if it’s OK for me to visit.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> we could take you back down if he says yes :3

  • Zola smiles

<Denise> anyway, I gotta go check back in >.>

<Denise> but thanks for the tips on Airege ^_^

<Zola> No problem, kid. Thanks for all the good news :)

Zola invites herself over to Jonas' place

  • Zola will try to catch him alone someplace about like the green room
  • Jonas can be accosted

<Zola> Well, Mr. Steinrenne, you’re looking well today :3

<Jonas> Thank you, you're looking lovely yourself :)

<Zola> Aww, thanks :)

<Zola> Denise told me about her adventures this morning ./~

<Jonas> Oh, did she?

<Jonas> What did she have to say?

<Zola> Yes!

<Zola> Well she told me about visiting the river and the pool.

<Zola> It was good news... for some reason I imagined it all walled in, sad and dirtied by the city...

<Jonas> It is walled in...

<Zola> Yes, but...

<Zola> It still sounds lovely, walled in or not >_>

<Jonas> well, that's nice of you to say

<Jonas> one does try to keep up appearances

  • Jonas says with a slight smile
  • Zola smiles

<Zola> I’d like to see it myself, sometime...

<Zola> I thought it’d be polite to ask.

<Jonas> It isn't the most... accessible location.

<Jonas> Are you sure?

<Zola> I do own at least one pair of footwear without heels :)

  • Jonas chuckles

<Zola> I think it would be worth it... it’s a special place.

<Zola> And Denise said she could take me...

<Zola> Unless you’d like to show me yourself?

<Jonas> Are you inviting yourself back to my place? ;)

  • Zola laughs

<Zola> I guess so? Is that where you spend your nights?

<Zola> Or days

<Jonas> Sometimes

<Zola> I just think it would be nice to hear more about it.

<Zola> But... if it’s a ... private thing for you, when you’re there... I’d understand.

<Zola> I don’t know how it all works :)

  • Jonas considers how to answer that

<Jonas> When I'm there, I'm more... myself.

<Zola> Is that a bad time to get history lessons?

<Jonas> Being out in the world requires always thinking, calculating, performing. There, I can relax.

<Jonas> Perhaps everyone is like that, though.

  • Zola is fairly familiar with putting on a face

<Zola> I think so, but most of us aren’t performing quite as much :)

<Jonas> if you wanted to visit, I wouldn't object.

<Zola> Denise can take me sometime :)

  • Zola won’t push it, unless perhaps he seems ambivalent
  • Jonas nods

<Zola> (SM?)

  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+15 ] getting [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 15 ] totals [ 25 ]
  • Jonas seems to be open to the idea

<Zola> (Of taking her, or just her visiting?)

<Jonas> (of taking you)

<Zola> Though, sometimes it does us good to be able to relax and be ourselves with someone else?

  • Jonas nods

<Jonas> You'd be welcome, if you want to join me.

<Zola> I would, I’d like to see it, and hear about it :)

<Jonas> very well - some night when you've got your sensible shoes ;)

<Zola> Yes, and maybe a pistol in case we run into fungus rats >_>

<Jonas> oh, I can more or less keep them out, at least of the immediate vicinity

<Zola> Oh? Just by... willing it?

<Jonas> They're rats, they can still drown.

  • Jonas says with a slight shrug

<Zola> I assume you don’t have to kiss them? :D

  • Jonas laughs

<Jonas> No, fortunately not

<Zola> Well, I look forward to seeing your pad :)

<Jonas> Indeed, I hope it will live up to your expectations.

  • Zola will make sure to bring sensible clothes to work for the trip

Argent asks Titania about Katha

  • Titania is just signing for some deliveries for that night when you approach, but that only takes a minute, and then she will notice that you're there

<Titania> Hi, what's up?

<Argent> Do you have some time? I was hoping to talk to you about something, not work related.

<Titania> Well, sure, I guess. Come on in.

  • Titania invites you into her office, which is nice and cushy and has a comfy couch.

<Titania> Want something to drink?

  • Argent will come in and shut the door

<Argent> I'm sure one won't hurt, thanks.

<Titania> What's your poison?

<Argent> I think whiskey with a little water would be great, if its handy, otherwise, just wine.

<Titania> No problem.

<Argent> I'd normally take it on the rocks, but I'm getting sick of ice

  • Titania will pour you a whiskey and water, and one for herself as well.
  • Titania chuckles

<Titania> That's understandable.

<Titania> So, what's on your mind?

  • Titania offers you the drink and will sit down across from you
  • Argent takes the drink and sinks into the cushy seat, a little uncomfortable.

<Argent> I've heard your family line, the Truebloods, are keepers of certain histories. Is that true?

<Titania> Well... I guess so, after a fashion. My mother was interested in all that sort of thing, anyway.

<Argent> Did she ever tell you much about Emkathon?

<Titania> (just checking on a detail, sec)

<Titania> She did talk about her sometimes.

<Argent> (how is she taking this line of talk? Evasive? Surprised?)

<Titania> It's ... difficult to explain. My mother was a complicated woman. She was also, for much of my childhood, high as a kite as often as possible.

<Titania> So how seriously to take some of the things she said... I don't know.

  • Titania seems uncertain why you're asking this, but willing to talk about it

<Argent> In some of my recent mis-adventures... outside of here, of course, Emkathon was mentioned, and Emkathon's daughter... its really the daughter I'm curious about... Emkathon, I could probably ask a priest of the serpent about.

  • Titania nods

<Titania> I know that her name was Katha.

<Titania> Emkathon's daughter.

<Argent> Katha... well thats more than I knew before... any tales of Katha?

<Titania> Do you know about her father, who he was?

  • Titania tries to see how much you already know

<Argent> the Lich... yeah I heard a little about him

<Titania> Laeken of the Wolf

<Titania> From anything I've heard, it wasn't a love story.

<Titania> Or, not the usual kind

<Argent> easy to believe with his particular lifestlye choices

<Titania> I doubt that either of them had much inolvement in raising their daughter, at least after she was a baby.

<Titania> (involvement)

<Argent> Do you know what became of her?

<Titania> She was very wild. She certainly had children, several of them, probably with different fathers.

<Titania> I've heard that she helped her father with his ... transformation, whatever that entailed

  • Argent nods

<Argent> Mostly ancient history, sounds like.

<Titania> I don't think she ever held any high position in our House, nor her children either... there's never been a Trueblood emperor, anyway, although at some degree we're all related I suppose

<Titania> After her father's change... his death... she disappeared.

<Argent> no other sightings or stories... maybe she died?

<Titania> Maybe.

<Titania> There was one strange thing my mother told me, though

<Argent> oh?

<Titania> And like I said, remember that she was strung out on vodare and who knows what else at the time

<Titania> But she said that she met her once. Katha.

<Argent> Dropping by for tea or just in a vision?

  • Titania chuckles

<Titania> My mother was never very fond of visions - or at least not good at telling them apart from hallucinations. Some of her cousins, maybe, but it wasn't her thing.

<Titania> No, she claimed that she met her in the flesh.

<Argent> Well I'll understand that the details may be a little distorted but what was this meeting about? Did your mother say?

  • Argent sips his wiskey, enjoying the warmth of it.

<Titania> She said it was when the Temple of the Arch was being built. She used to like to go there - I think she always kind of regretted the Temple going up, closing things off.

<Titania> Anyway, one day she went to watch the progress, and she said there was a woman there, also just watching. But she said that the woman had wings.

<Titania> Except they weren't there. I don't know how to explain this part - no one else seemed to see them, or think there was anything odd, but my mother could see them.

<Titania> So maybe that part was a vision, or maybe it wasn't.

<Argent> how did she know it was Katha?

<Titania> My mother's guards didn't stop the woman when she came closer, which was another odd thing - after all, they were there to protect her from danger, but they let this unfamiliar woman walk up to her.

<Titania> Mother said she had red hair, and was very beautiful, and very sad. And she asked why they had to cut down the trees.

<Titania> Mother said it was for the new building, and that she hadn't liked it either.

<Titania> And this strange woman said that she had been there since they were seeds, or something like that. Mother took it to mean that she was very old, anyway.

<Titania> Mother asked who she was.

<Argent> And the woman said she was Katha?

<Titania> The woman said "I am the child of the wolf and the shattered star. I hold the blood of my mother and the bones of my father. My name is Katha, and you are a daughter of my line."

<Argent> good thing she wasn't being specific

<Titania> So, take that for what it's worth, I guess.

<Argent> considering all the strangeness I've seen lately... I may take it more serious than I would a year ago.

<Titania> Anyway, Mother said that she felt dizzy, and when she looked around again, the woman was nowhere to be seen.

<Argent> it makes a good story

<Argent> at least

<Titania> Yes... I suppose it does.

<Argent> thats for telling it to me. I appreciate it.

<Argent> (thanks not Thats)

<Titania> What's your interest in this, if I can ask?

<Argent> Would you believe I ran into a ghost?

<Titania> Sure. What ghost, and where?

<Argent> I was helping Denise out with something personal, and ran into one underground... and old Rat. He talked about Emkathon's line.

  • Titania nods, listening

<Argent> Anyways, I was curious so I talked to a friend of mine, Margeaux, and she knew about Laeken... I guess she even met him, but not much else.

<Argent> and Margeaux suggested that I talk to a Trueblood. Since I know one, here I am.

<Titania> Ah.

<Titania> Well, I'm not the most ... scholarly of the family.

<Titania> But I suppose I am the most accessible :)

  • Titania sips her drink

<Argent> I was gonna say.

<Argent> Unless more of your family plans on showing up and wants to talk to the waiter.

  • Titania smiles

<Titania> No, probably not.

<Titania> Well, let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

<Argent> You took your time to talk to me... is there anything I can help you with?

  • Titania considers that for a moment

<Titania> Not right now - but if you and your friends like going down and exploring in the undercity, maybe there'll be something along those lines that you could help with.

<Argent> If it sounds exciting, I'm sure I can convince them... if it isn't exciting, I'll do my best to make it sound like it.

<Titania> Well, we'll see :)

<Titania> Now, finish up your drink and get to work ;)

  • Argent smiles and downs what remains, bows and slips out