Diablotin 3 session 16

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Previous Session 16 Next

Summary

Session

Session date: June 14, 2015
Diablotin date: 3rd of First-month

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> The city is in an uproar over the recent occurrences at Titania's cabaret. Sightings of the mysterious Cold Rider are reported all over town, most of which turn out to in fact be unfounded imagination or cases of mistaken identity. <DiablotinNarrator> Whether this is related or not, the weather has taken a distinctly frosty turn. The night after the attack, a fierce ice storm hits the city, knocking out power lines in many areas and making it generally difficult to get around. <DiablotinNarrator> Even after the storm itself has passed, the weather remains icy cold - but then it's First-month, and surely that's normal... <Zola> >_>

Dorien, Argent, Denise and Gen are attacked early one morning

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you are still staying at Dorien and Argent's apartment

<DiablotinNarrator> (much as I'm sure this pains you :)

  • Genevriel tries to find free places to go spend most of her time when not working in because she is sure she must be driving Argent and Dorien nuts.
  • Dorien tries to assure her she is not.

<DiablotinNarrator> Misery is also staying over there a fair amount, I imagine...

<Dorien> ("Staying over")

<DiablotinNarrator> (well yes)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, you're over at their place hanging out as well - this is fairly early in the morning, after work has let out, but before people are quite ready to sleep yet, probably just before dawn-ish.

  • Denise will offer to make "dinner" for folks ;3
  • Dorien will always accept food.
  • Argent will help
  • Dorien will provide ingredients from the market
  • Misery will recuperate on the couch ;p
  • Genevriel will also help, because she tries to help as much as possible in order to pay you guys back for letting her stay there.

<Denise> (I am going to assume that Hettie has Nycki over and that's why I'm hanging out here ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> (that... seems likely ;)

  • Genevriel will check on Misery periodically.
  • Dorien will check out Misery periodically
  • Denise seems pretty used to making foor for large amounts of people, and with improvising with what ingredients are on hand

<DiablotinNarrator> You guys are going about your business, then, and you can all make Perception checks.

<Argent> !roll 1d20+17

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+17 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 17 ] totals [ 29 ].

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 11 ].

<Argent> (29)

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+2

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+2 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 2 ] totals [ 19 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien was distracted by boobs.

<Dorien> (Dorien is busy checking out Misery)

<Denise> !roll 1d20+6

  • Zola rolls for Denise: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 12 ].
  • Denise is distracted by cooking and also being inside

<Denise> (in the kitchen)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay, well, Argent, you hear it first. There's a strange noise coming from outside - faint music, and something like skittering feet that suddenly are moving around on your roof.

<DiablotinNarrator> Maybe it's ice shifting, but you don't think so.

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you also hear it shortly after.

<DiablotinNarrator> The rest of you are oblivious for now :)

<Argent> Quiet

<Dorien> Huh, what?

<Genevriel> Do you hear that?

  • Argent says in a firm but hushed tone

<Genevriel> Something on the roof.

  • Denise turns off the pan
  • Argent will move closer to a window to get a better gauge of it

<Dorien> Uhhhhh...

<Dorien> I don't hear anything.

  • Genevriel goes out to the living room to protect Misery if need be.

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, as you look out the window, you see something flutter past

  • Denise heads over to a window

<DiablotinNarrator> it looks like a large bug or moth or something, but it's far too cold for insects

<Genevriel> There's something on the roof.

  • Genevriel informs Misery quietly.

<Argent> (no more noise from the roof?... if not I open the window to peer upward)

  • Dorien gets his gat.

<Genevriel> And music playing, so it's probably not just a stray cat.

<Denise> (is there a way up onto the roof?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Those of you looking out windows can see some things moving in the street below. With the window open, the music sounds louder, clearer - it's like a high-pitched fiddle

<Argent> (can I make out the things?)

<DiablotinNarrator> they're quite small, about the size of a rat or a cat or something, but more insect-like, and they fly

<Denise> ...

<Argent> That aint right... im going down.

  • Denise will grab her coat

<Denise> yeah

<Dorien> Wazit..

<Dorien> Wait

<Dorien> Does anyone else think that's maybe a *bad* idea?

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise - you don't know if there's a way up to the roof, but you guys are on the upper floor at the moment

  • Argent will grab his gun/sword belt on his way out the door (and a coat)

<DiablotinNarrator> in theory you could try and climb up there but it's pretty icy @_@

<Denise> (yeah, I'll go down >.>)

  • Misery is inclined to stay inside...

<Dorien> Oh for fuck sake, people...

<Denise> If there's stuff causin' truble out there for folks - someone's gotta do somethin'

  • Dorien will sigh and follow people out.

<Denise> You don't gotta come

<Dorien> There's no law against fiddle playing bugs.

<Misery> well if everyone is going out, I'll go too...

  • Misery says a bit reluctantly

<Genevriel> I was planning to stay in here with you, since you were the target of a fairy attack earlier this week.

  • Dorien looks at Misery hesitantly.

<Dorien> You sure?

<Misery> Yeah.

  • Denise doesn't wait for them to deliberate

<Argent> (is there a way on to the roof in this building? A fire escape?)

<Genevriel> Not that I can do much in a fight without my gun.

  • Denise is going down to the street

<Dorien> Well, at least stay up here on the steps with me.

<Misery> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay, switching to roll20 so we can see where things are at)

  • Denise will activate her armor on the way out >.>
  • Genevriel will try to determine what these things want before attacking them, unless they attack immediately.

They're ambushed by little frost faeries bearing swords and bows, and have the worst luck fighting them. Then a somewhat larger faerie with an icicle beard, a hammer, and a chisel shows up. He manages to curse Denise into living ice before he is killed.

  • Genevriel skate-walks across to Denise and will do a Heal check

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+11

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+11 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 11 ] totals [ 23 ].

<Dorien> (Julie, how likely is it the police will show up, and if so that they'll want to search the apartment?)

<DiablotinNarrator> hahahah police.

<DiablotinNarrator> unlikely

<DiablotinNarrator> unless you're calling them

<Dorien> (Fair enough :) )

<Dorien> (...No.)

<Argent> Stay calm Denise, we'll get you inside and get you fixed.

<Genevriel> (Does 23 in Heal let me know what the problem is and how it needs to be fixed? ie, remove curse)

  • Denise nods, and looks back down at her hand

<Argent> It may be easier if I try and carry you.

<Denise> I can walk.

<Denise> Just like.... slow, okay...?

<Argent> ok

  • Denise saounds shaky and will defintely accept a hand, arm is offered
  • Argent will slip off his jacket and wrap the hammer and chisle in them, without touching them directly and carry them.
  • Argent will then give you his arm
  • Denise clings

<Argent> so crazy ice fairies... quite a morning

  • Argent tries to lighten the mood

<Genevriel> Denise, it's beyond my skill to help you, but this effect can be reversed. It's a curse.

  • Denise sniffs

<Genevriel> So some of us should go find a healer who is able to help you.

<Genevriel> Where is the nearest Temple, Argent?

<Argent> Don't worry, I know someone who can help, once we get her settled.

  • Denise shakes her head

<Denise> I want....

  • Denise doens't say Ander because this is not actually something he can help with... probably

<Denise> Mikel

<Denise> or one of the Channels

  • Denise sniffs, but any tears are basically freezing to her face @_@

<Genevriel> I know Channel Silvia, and where she lives. I could find her but it will take a while to get there. Is there someone closer?

<Denise> Mikel will know

  • Denise looks at Argent hopefully because she assume he can track down her brother

<Argent> I'll find him.

<Genevriel> All right.

  • Genevriel checks on everyone else since she can't help Denise either by fixing her or finding this Mikel person.
  • Denise_ could use some more healing

<Genevriel> (So you are probably all healed up)

  • Denise_ is a little freaked out still at *how* she looks when 'heald', but will thank you
  • Argent will decline Gen's offer, and head out after stowing the fey implements in his room.

<Denise_> (healed, and I'n only down 15 so I assume you can manage that :)

  • Genevriel would have done her best to reassure Denise before heading outside for her prayers.
  • Genevriel will then head outdoors, where she does the rounds of the dead fey, asking forgiveness of the One, especially for the fey she killed herself.

<DiablotinNarrator> (there isn't much to see... they've either shattered or melted away)

  • Genevriel says something - a prayer? she isn't really sure; the words just seem right - over each one of them.
  • Argent will get Denise settled.

<Argent> I will be as fast I can. Do you want anything before I go?

  • Denise_ will huddle inside until someone who can help comes and yell at Dorien if he asks to take samples >.>)

<Genevriel> (lol)

<Genevriel> (I'm not sure what else can be done in here without Dorien, Misery, or Mikel...)

<Denise_> (yeh, that's okay)

<Denise_> (I'll let terry and Julie sort that out >.>)

<Genevriel> (yup)

  • Genevriel would come back in eventually, but she's not much of a conversationalist, as you know.
  • Denise_ tries not to pick at her hands in fascination @_@
  • Genevriel finds Denise alone when she comes back in - Dorien and Misery must have retired to his bedroom.
  • Argent will arrive back after a while, alone.
  • Genevriel notices Denise is kind of stuck on being made of ice, so she will start relating a (nice) story she must have learned when she was a kid.
  • Denise_ is happy to be distracted, but her face falls when Argen comes back

<Genevriel> !roll 1d20+3

  • Zola rolls for Genevriel: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 6 ].

<Genevriel> (I'm not a very good storyteller, apparently.  ;) )

<Argent> Found Mikel, he's tracking down a Channel to help, so we'll just have to sit tight for a bit.

<Denise_> okay

  • Denise_ sounds relieved again

<Argent> Forgot to ask, did you like the gloves?

<Denise_> oh.

<Denise_> yeah.

<Denise_> thanks!

  • Argent carefully sits next to his friend.
  • Denise_ is probably even 'wearing' them @_@
  • Argent smiles

<Argent> I figured you would

<Denise_> they fit real good too...

  • Genevriel goes back to being the invisible hulking ugly girl in one corner of the room.

<Argent> So I'm thinking of investing in a motorcycle, once the weather gets a little better.

<Denise_> oh yeah?

  • Denise_ perks up at that idea a bit

<Denise_> that'd be real swell!

<Argent> beats walkin' thats for sure.

<Denise_> yeah

<Denise_> I been drivin' Ander around some, that's fun.

<Denise_> what kind?

<Argent> still shoping around, trying to get my knowledge up.

<Denise_> you gotta try 'em out too

<Argent> Six Tribes is supposed to be a good brand, but Radamarche Motors is also good.

  • Denise_ nods

<Argent> You should come help me try them.

<Denise_> yeah....

  • Denise_ picks at her ice hands

<Denise_> ...i never finished makin' dinner ;_;

  • Genevriel perks up.

<Genevriel> Oh, I can do that.

  • Genevriel heads into the kitchen and does that.
  • Genevriel will go out into the streets after she has eaten and try to find out if any other places got attacked by the things that attacked us overnight.

Hettie receives an anonymous warning about Nycki

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you're getting ready to leave from work, and expecting to meet up with Nycki, so Denise is kindly clearing out to give you guys some privacy ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> As you're putting on your coat, you feel something in the pocket

<Hettienne> Eh?

  • Hettienne pulls it out.

<DiablotinNarrator> It's a note

<DiablotinNarrator> Typewritten, not signed

  • Hettienne reads it...

<DiablotinNarrator> "Once a traitor, always a traitor. Think twice before you get into bed with someone who backstabbed you before."

  • Hettienne feels an unpleasant twisting sensation in her gut...

<Hettienne> (are our coats just hanging around backstage, or in the coat check?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I imagine that you performers and staff leave them backstage)

  • Hettienne gives the note a good sniff.

<DiablotinNarrator> you can roll Scent

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 16 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> A little bit like ... sawdust, maybe? but nothing really distinctive

<Hettienne> (anyone hanging around atm?)

<DiablotinNarrator> Some of the cast are still getting ready to leave, yeah. We could say Zola is nearby, plus a few dancers.

<Hettienne> Hey girls...

<Hettienne> Anyone see someone fuckin' with my coat?

  • Zola usually smells like assorted perfumes, not sawdust.
  • Zola looks up from where she's reviewing her faerie notes over some fruity alcoholic beverage

<Hettienne> (I'm also gonna roll appraise to see if it's like, expensive paper with a watermark or something)

<Zola> Huh? No... did someone steal something?

<Hettienne> Someone left me a shitty little bitch note.

  • Hettienne says with a sour look.

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+9

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 16 ].

<Hettienne> (mehhh)

<Zola> Lydienne?

<Hettienne> (hwo is that? >.>)

<Zola> (The really catty singer)

  • Hettienne scowls..

<Hettienne> Don't think this is her... unless you saw somethin'?

<DiablotinNarrator> The other dancers and musicians and such just shake their heads and didn't see anything

<Zola> No, I've been making sure I've got everything together to tell Tits about the... you know...

  • Zola tries to think of a suitable euphemism...

<Zola> The fey stuff

  • Hettienne sniffs the note again.

<Hettienne> Who smells like sawdust 'round here...?

  • Zola gives her a confused look

<Zola> Someone working on set construction maybe?

<Hettienne> Huh...

<Hettienne> (what house are Mylas and Julian)

<Hettienne> (if I know)

<Hettienne> Thanks, Z.

<DiablotinNarrator> Julian is nothing in particular, Mylas is Bear.

<Zola> (Julian is categoried as Houseless)

  • Hettienne heads over to wherever they work...

<DiablotinNarrator> Basement, probably

<Hettienne> (ok)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can track down Mylas, anyway.

<DiablotinNarrator> Julian isn't around

<DiablotinNarrator> You know Mylas better anyway)

  • Hettienne leans in the door to the wood shop.

<Mylas> oh hey, Hettie

<Mylas> what's up?

  • Mylas is just cleaning up some things, getting ready to go home
  • Hettienne pulls the paper back out of her pocket?

<Hettienne> This you?

  • Hettienne asks, looking unimpressed.
  • Mylas looks at it, puzzled

<Mylas> What's that?

<Hettienne> (sense motiiiive)

<DiablotinNarrator> ('k, you can roll)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Hettienne> (20 it is...)

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't think he's seen it before, seems genuinely confused.

<Hettienne> Ugh, some yellow fuck left it for me.

<Hettienne> Smelled like your shop but... not really your style I guess.

<Hettienne> Where's Julian?

<Mylas> What kinda style is it?

<Mylas> He left a little while back - probably home by now, I guess?

<Hettienne> Style of someone poking their nose where it don't belong.

<Mylas> You want me to track him down?

<Hettienne> If you know where he's at... I sure wouldn't mind askin' him what's up?

<Mylas> well, like I said, probably went home

<Mylas> if he ain't there, I dunno

  • Mylas can give you his address anyway, though

<Hettienne> Aw, I ain't gonna follow 'im home.

<DiablotinNarrator> It's across the river, in the Place D'Iena - and you were supposed to be meeting Nycki at your place, so .. up to you where you want to go.

<Hettienne> Tell 'im tomorrow I wanted t'see him I guess.

<Mylas> Okay, will do.

<Hettienne> Thanks.

<Mylas> have a good night, Hettie

<Hettienne> You too...

<Hettienne> . o O (I'll try :|)

  • Hettienne heads home herself, then.
  • Nycki is waiting for you there

<Hettienne> (inside?)

<DiablotinNarrator> did you give her a key?

<DiablotinNarrator> she won't break in if you didn't ;)

<Hettienne> (I guess I could have yeah)

<DiablotinNarrator> otherwise she can be waiting in her car

<Hettienne> (if she gave me one >.>)

<DiablotinNarrator> (sure :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (exchange of keys - trust!)

<Hettienne> (heh)

<Denise_> (WAT :V)

<Hettienne> Hey babe...

<Nycki> hey there :)

  • Nycki will give you a kiss
  • Hettienne kisses you back before chucking her purse on the sofa.

<Hettienne> How's tricks?

<Nycki> well, everyone's flipping out over this thing at the club

<Nycki> I been in meetings all day, feels like

<Hettienne> Yeah.. people are freaked at Tits', too.

<Nycki> I bet

<Nycki> how're you holdin' up?

<Hettienne> Well, I'm hard to rattle.

<Hettienne> Some of the girls are skittish though, have to listen to them wailing an' shit...

<Nycki> ugh

<Hettienne> It's tiring :p

<Nycki> oh hey, I got somethin' for you

<Hettienne> OH?

<Hettienne> (-caps)

  • Nycki goes digging in her bag

<Nycki> yeah, well, they're handin' these out like candy, an' I figured you could use 'em

  • Nycki offers you a box with some bullets inside

<Hettienne> I like candy...

<Nycki> Cold iron - suppposed to fuck up fey real good.

<Hettienne> Oooh.

<Hettienne> Mama like. :D

  • Hettienne gives you a big kiss.
  • Nycki grins

<Nycki> now comeon, let's get to bed ^-^

<Hettienne> Just one thing..

<Nycki> yeah?

<Hettienne> You know who mighta wanted to leave me this?

  • Hettienne shows you the note
  • Nycki peers at it, frowning

<Nycki> Maybe Tatiane's feelin' bitter?

  • Nycki guesses

<Hettienne> (seeense mooootiveeeee)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 10 ].

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 20 ].

<Hettienne> (i'll take the 20 >.>)

  • Nycki seems to feel like that's most likely

<Hettienne> Does she know about what happened before...?

<Hettienne> I gotta admit I considered doin' the same thing to her before I decided to come see you instead. ;)

<Nycki> she might >.>

<Hettienne> Smelled like sawdust or wood chips or somethin... But she could had someone else do it.

<Hettienne> She got people at Tits what you know of?

<Nycki> Not that I know off the top of my head, but I can look into it

  • Hettienne nods.

<Hettienne> Right... So we were about to go somewhere, wasn't we? ;)

<Nycki> yeah, we were headin' to bed :)

<Hettienne> Good memory...

  • Hettienne kisses you and leads you towards the stairs...
  • Nycki will gladly go with you

Zola, Aubrienne, Lathra, and Hugo have an Imperial audience

  • Titania will gather you folks together in preparation for this meeting
  • Zola has put on something suitable for meeting the Emperor @_@
  • Aubrienne has likewise dressed her best for this meeting.

<Zola> I suppose we oughtta call you Titania in front of your father.

<Lathra> <w> To Aubrienne: I do hope this means that the palace will be dealing with this. I could use an evening off!

<Aubrienne> <w> Here's hoping.

<Aubrienne> <w> Though, after two attacks on the club, I'm a little worried about too many evenings off.

  • Titania will bring you to the palace, and some guards will escort you to the chamber where you'll be meeting
  • Marl is present, along with Fredericia (the Warlord), Princess Ilphere, and Reverend Mother Alma

<DiablotinNarrator> (I'll assume people do some appropriate bowing and such ;)

  • Zola does her best >_>
  • Aubrienne is ludicrously respectful. ;)
  • Zola hopes there's a nice table to sit at rather than standing around being stared at.

<DiablotinNarrator> The room has a large table, yes - like a conference room sort of thing. And there are pastries and tea.

<DiablotinNarrator> (There is also probably a secretary type to take notes, but I don't need to play them ;)

  • Aubrienne nervously sips tea.
  • Titania introduces those who aren't already known to one another

<Titania> (Hugo at least has met all of these people before, I expect)

  • RM_Alma returns your greetings politely and then proceeds to not so subtly take the measure of you as she sips her own tea.
  • Ilphere helps herself to snacks

<Marl> Well, let's get down to business.

<Marl> I understand that you have some information concerning the recent fey ... disruptions that have been taking place.

  • Zola looks to the others to see who's inclined to take the lead

<Aubrienne> (What's the proper form of address here?)

  • Ilphere looks eager and interested, peering at you all over rose-coloured glasses
  • Lathra is feeling very conspicuous and tries to sink into her chair
  • RM_Alma is dressed in rather unshowy purple robes of the Order of the Owl, though there are likely some adornments befitting her rank.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Your Majesty)

  • Marl is grey-haired and stern-looking, with a narrow face, thin lips, and piercing green eyes.

<Aubrienne> Yes, your majesty, we've become involved in an investigation of the...disruptions and their origins.

<Marl> I see.

<Aubrienne> Given our proximity to one of the earlier ones, our interest has progressed rather organically.

<Marl> I gather that you've already explained much of this to my daughter, but perhaps, for the sake of those assembled here, you could summarize what you've been able to learn.

  • RM_Alma 's own evaluating gaze does linger just a bit longer on Lathra than the others... but what she sees there isn't clear from her face.

<Ilphere> OOh yes, please do...!

<Aubrienne> I believe we can offer that, yes.

<Aubrienne> Essentially, at least one faction of the fey bears the Empire some manner of ill-will, possibly stemming from events during the war with Psyra.

<Aubrienne> It is possible that portions of their world are...aligning with our own, thinning the barrier between somehow, though it's unclear if this is part of their plan, a byproduct, or coincidence.

  • Aubrienne will look to the others for support.

<Ilphere> WHat events would those be, specifically...?

  • Zola doesn't know anything about this part @_@
  • Ilphere idly feeds a bit of crust to the large black bird perched on the back of her chair.

<Aubrienne> The battle at Seda Grove, specifically, may have damaged or destroyed a sort of gateway to their world. We're given to understand some of those stationed their might have had some form of interaction with the fey, if unwittingly.

<Ilphere> Some form...?

<Aubrienne> Dreams, visions, voices...things that might have been written off to battle fatigue or somesuch.

<Lathra> There seem to have been rather a lot of people having similar fey-related dreams. People who are sensitive to interesting dreams or visions, and people who were at Seda Grove at the time of the battle.

<Ilphere> Hmmm, yes.

<Ilphere> I have been aware of that...

<RM_Alma> An affliction then, in response to the events at Seda Grove?

<Ilphere> Do you have a list of names...?

<Ilphere> I wonder if the fey could be reached through these dreams... Perhaps we could parlay...? Oh, how exciting...!

<Marl> We can certainly produce a list of those who were involved in the incident at Seda Grove.

  • Marl says to Fred, who nods

<Fredericia> Just the ones who are still alive?

<Lathra> I... hm. I could ask my sources if they'd be willing to share their names? I haven't explicitly.

<Marl> Two lists, then.

<Aubrienne> Your majesty, if I may, I'm not entirely sure how much help all these people can be. They've been suffering, some for quite a while.

<Ilphere> We could cross reference them with those having the visions... They might have the strongest connectin...!

  • Ilphere seems really into this idea.

<Ilphere> (connection)

<Ilphere> All they have to do is sleep... @_@

<Marl> It may be worth seeing if there have been further unexpected deaths since that encounter.

<Marl> among those who were present

<Aubrienne> Sleep hasn't been the easiest thing for them.

<Marl> Perhaps Byram Dyess was not the only one

  • Aubrienne says apologetically.

<Ilphere> Hm, well... that can be remedied... Hmmm...

  • Ilphere taps her lips with a pen.

<RM_Alma> How easy would it be to ascertain if the dreams are coming from the fey, Princess?

<Ilphere> Mmmmm....

<Ilphere> Oh yes, quite doable... !

  • Ilphere nods eagerly.
  • RM_Alma looks to Aubrienne. "You suggest a thinning of the barrier between the First World and our own, or perhaps a planar alignment, what have you seen that points to this?"
  • Zola smiles prettily and tries not to look out of place.

<Aubrienne> A site in the Shade seems to be experiencing some strange phenomena possibly related to these incidents. Massively increased plant growth, strange flora, and possibly the presence of the fey.

<RM_Alma> Possibly?

<Ilphere> Strange flora...?

<Ilphere> Describe the flora...!

<Aubrienne> A small humanoid was encountered, but we were unable to interact with it.

<Ilphere> Ooh..!

<Aubrienne> Trees that, while otherwise normal, grew overnight.

<Ilphere> Could you draw a picture...?

<Aubrienne> Giant mushrooms with a variety of dangerous effects.

<Aubrienne> They seemed to have overcome their tender, and I doubt they were their intentionally, or, at least, not all of them.

<Ilphere> Giant mushrooms...! How delightful..!

<Aubrienne> Unfortunately, no, but I might be able to get one for you.

<Ilphere> A small humanoid...?

<Aubrienne> A picture, I mean.

<Lathra> There was an audible whisper in the trees, as well, in a foreign language...

<Ilphere> Oh... :/

<Aubrienne> We also have some samples.

<RM_Alma> Oh?

<Aubrienne> Oh, yes, thank you, Lathra.

<RM_Alma> The trees could communicate?

<Ilphere> Did anyone make a recording...?

<Ilphere> Oh I should love to hear it...!

<Ilphere> Where was this, precisely...?

<Lathra> I don't know what caused it, but... it was like the breeze was saying a phrase, over and over, as it rustled through the leaves. It was very distinct, very unnerving.

<RM_Alma> Hmm...

<Marl> What was the phrase?

<Lathra> I cast comprehend languages - it translated as "life comes from death, we rise again"

<Ilphere> Oh how wonderfully peculiar...!

<Marl> I'm given to understand that in the most recent incident, the Shadar-kai seemed to be specifically targeted.

  • Lathra smiles nervously.

<Marl> Do you think that the fact that this growth is taking place in the Shade is also connected to their presence?

<Marl> If at least one individual has been killed there...

<Lathra> Oh yes... I can attest to being... picked out.

<Ilphere> Oh, hm, whyever would they do that.

<Fredericia> We'll increase patrols in the Shade.

<Aubrienne> Connected to the shadar-kai's presence, your majesty? I'm not really sure.

<Zola> We thought that perhaps because they're distantly related to they fey, they... might have been required to open the portal... Your Majesty.

<Lathra> Well, I rather think it was part of the blood ritual they were doing, dear. They summonded a deer-man with our blood.

<Aubrienne> This targeting of the shadar-kai specifically is a rather new development in this whole mess.

<Ilphere> Describe the deer...?

<Aubrienne> I believe it's called a 'cold rider.' Some sort of wintry knight, with antlers.

<Lathra> Well, he was a man with antlers - on his head, of course - who made ice.

<Lathra> He was very tall, too.

  • RM_Alma jots down some notes.

<Ilphere> Fascinating...!

<Aubrienne> And, so far as we could tell, rather resistant to injury.

<Aubrienne> With a bit of a flair for the dramatic.

  • RM_Alma quirks a brow

<Aubrienne> "Let the winter's night begin," was it?

<Aubrienne> He said that as he left.

<Ilphere> Hmmmm

<RM_Alma> Can you tell us more about the entity which attacked you?

<Aubrienne> I think Lathra's description was pretty accurate.

<Aubrienne> A tall man, antlered, covered in ice. He rode off on some sort of summoned mount when he left the cabaret.

<Aubrienne> He wasn't particularly inclined to converse.

<Lathra> Or do you mean the other one?

<RM_Alma> Yes, I did, dear :)

<Lathra> Well! The most notable thing about it was that I couldn't see it.

<Aubrienne> Oh, the invisible one.

<Lathra> It was right there in front of me, I could detect it, don't you know? But I couldn't see a thing.

<Lathra> I should have hit it with my glass, but it would have been such a waste.

<RM_Alma> What did you detect?

<Lathra> I detected Evil. Well, and then I detected a sharp pain in the abdomen.

  • Aubrienne stifles a laugh.
  • Ilphere laughs behind a hand

<Lathra> It was really too much.

  • Lathra crooks a tiny smile.

<Aubrienne> It had a distinct odor, as well. Like a lightning storm.

<RM_Alma> Oh...?

  • RM_Alma jots that down as well

<RM_Alma> And there was mention of poison, if I recall.

<Ilphere> Curious..>!

<Titania> One of my bartenders was able to treat the poison. I can ask her if she knows any more about what it was, precisely.

<RM_Alma> Good, good. It might help to identify the entity.

<RM_Alma> Now, the Cold Rider aside, what makes you think their more immediate origins extraplanar, rather than the result of more... uh, native forces from Seda Grove?

<Aubrienne> The invisible attacker? It's entirely possible they weren't themselves fey.

<Aubrienne> We really don't know.

<RM_Alma> And the tree, with the overrun mushroom farm, could be the result of someone or something from Psyra, perhaps?

<Marl> It's not the first time an entity that proved difficult or impossible to see has associated with them, though

  • Marl says with a glance to his daughter, who nods a bit reluctantly

<Aubrienne> It's certainly possible.

<Marl> And whoever did those wards for you should be giving you a refund.

  • RM_Alma chuckles at that.

<Marl> If you insist on remaining open, we'll have the wards and so forth checked - perhaps there's something that was overlooked.

<Lathra> Yes, that's what *I've* been saying!

<Aubrienne> Though, in parsing possibilities, 'fey' and 'someone from Psyra' aren't mutually exclusive categories.

<Aubrienne> The gateway or portal site at Seda Grove, obviously, was in Psyra. Someone can hate us for more than one reason.

<Ilphere> ooh yes, that's a point...!

<Marl> Yes, people are so multifaceted.

<Ilphere> The servants of Vrag that were left behind...

<Marl> I suppose fey people must be as well.

<Ilphere> Come of them could have joined themselves with Psyrene fey...!

<Ilphere> (Some)

<Aubrienne> (hee)

<Ilphere> With the arch here, as well as the seat of their enemies...?

  • Ilphere thinks...

<Ilphere> Well, it's a thought...!

<Ilphere> Oh I should very much like to see these dreams.

  • RM_Alma eyes Zola and Hugo who have been rather quiet.

<DiablotinNarrator> (Hugo is still hiding out in the storage room, sorry :/)

  • Zola smiles :)

<Lathra> Well... I *will* ask around my parishioners and patrons. Perhaps somebody affected would be willing.

<Ilphere> That would be *smashing*...!

<Lathra> Some of them are rather sick - maybe an offer of assistance with their healthcare would be a good incentive?

<Ilphere> Oh certainly, certainly...

  • Ilphere waves her hand dismissively.

<RM_Alma> Certainly his Majesty can rely on the Church to help show his gratitude for any assistance provided to safeguard the Empire's security.

<Lathra> Well then, I'll put it to some of those affected.

<Hugonel> Your Majesty, there is something else that may be related to all of this.

  • Hugonel eyes Zola to make sure she's not about to cut him off.
  • Zola nods
  • Marl turns his attention to Hugo

<Hugonel> The night that the Count of Radstock was killed, as you may know, there was a Psyrene singer named Eirini involved in some way. She has now disappeared and to my knowledge not sighted since that time.

<Hugonel> She ... exercised some sort of influence over me that night, I believe, although for what reason, I cannot say.

<Zola> That's what brought us into looking into the events, actually... her disappearance and odd behaviour.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> A few weeks later I was at another event where another red-headed woman - in this case, Klara Dannan, the music critic, was talking with the now-late M. Luc Berthillon.

<Hugonel> M. Berthillon was speaking of a woman, his 'songbird', which was the same epithet that this Eirini used.

<Hugonel> A few weeks after that, he was dead as well, mysteriously.

<Zola> And conspicuously.

<Hugonel> After his funeral, Zola and I were invited to a very unusual party - not a wake, exactly, but a dinner at Mlle Dannan's house.

<Hugonel> There, we drank some very unusual wine whose narcotic effects were almost immediate and powerful.

<Hugonel> And once we were in this slight stupor, the gathered group began to act oddly and speak of odd things.

<Hugonel> Mlle. Dannan toasted “To those who can't be with us tonight. From the exiles, to the missing and the dead.”

<Hugonel> And another guest, the winemaker Jaida Misain - well, she ... scratched me?

  • Zola nods. "Shredded his lovely shirt..."

<Hugonel> To my eye she turned into an animal and clawed at my arm. Being in a semi-stupor I wouldn't have thought much of that, but the evidence from my shirt and my arm later spoke to its veracity.

<Ilphere> Oh my...! :o

<Hugonel> My research indicates strongly that these individuals are fey creatures.

<Fredericia> Which individuals?

<Zola> Everyone but us two.

<Hugonel> Klara Dannan, Vernel Nicandor, Tiazi, Jaida Misain, and ... Jonas Steinrenne.

<Marl> Do you have reason to think they meant you harm, apart from the incident with your shirt?

  • Aubrienne gives Hugo a concerned look.

<Hugonel> I should emphasize, though, that I am not accusing them of anything in particular ... although I do think that Eirini killed both the Count and M. Berthillon.

<Hugonel> If they had meant us harm that night, we would be dead.

<Zola> You do? But Jonas said Berthillon wasn't her style...

  • Zola looks quite surprised at that.

<Hugonel> Then who do you think killed Berthillon? Klara?

<Zola> That's what he said.

<Hugonel> I don't know. As I say, there is much about this that does not make sense.

<Aubrienne> And, as I recall, Hugo, you said you believe that M. Berthillon's death was an accident, or at least not malicious.

<Zola> Well...

<Titania> Father, I know Jonas. He doesn't pose any threat to the Empire.

  • Zola nods at Titania

<Marl> We'll see.

<Zola> He gave us ... pretty straightforward answers, all things considered.

  • Marl says impassively

<Zola> He told us to be careful of Klara, because it was her nature to be dangerous.

<Hugonel> Honestly I don't know who or what poses a threat to me, to Titania's Cabaret, to those at Seda Grove, or the Empire at large.

<Aubrienne> As I mentioned, whatever issues we are having with the fey, it seems to be a particular group of them, not the fey as a whole.

<Hugonel> My assumption at this point is that I would be wisest to keep apart from all of them.

<Aubrienne> Some, like Jonas, seem content to live as otherwise normal citizens.

  • Hugonel nods.

<Hugonel> I agree with that. Although based on my research, I believe that the type of entity he may be is called a 'fossegrim', and is hardly benign.

  • Marl nods

<Marl> I expect there's no point in asking you to refrain from investigating this further. People rarely seem to listen to that sort of advice.

  • Zola blinks
  • RM_Alma has another chuckle.

<Hugonel> We seem to be pulled into this rather against our will. I should add, also, that I have, in my past, encountered one of these red-haired entities, over twenty years ago, when I was just a lad.

<Hugonel> And since our place of employment is currently experiencing some technical difficulties, it's not as if we have much else to do.

<Zola> I'm not sure how delving into this is going to work out with your plan to keep apart from them.

<Hugonel> Well, I intend to continue my research, and presumably we should also continue to work with M. Orecalo.

<RM_Alma> M. Orecalo?

<Ilphere> OH yes! He is very good...! ^-^

<Aubrienne> Given how little we seem to know about them and their intentions, doesn't it behoove us to find out as much as we can about them and their intentions.

<Hugonel> And also my uncle - he is aware of most of what I just discussed with you.

  • Marl nods

<Marl> Yes, we'll be conversing extensively with M. Orecalo I expect.

<Marl> If you do garner further information on any of these matters, or other issues that you believe are connected, please inform Titania - that may be the easiest way to reach us.

<RM_Alma> Of those at the party, were you concerned about any of the others? The one who scratched you, and the host...

<RM_Alma> +Beyond

<Lathra> I could certainly stop investigating - I was pursuing it in the hopes of gathering enough evidence that somebody better-equipped than I would pay attention to it.

<Hugonel> I honestly would not presume, on the basis of those interactions, to exclude any of the others. Even Jonas, who, although I like him greatly, I would not assume at this point is beyond suspicion. Fey are very capable of deception and manipulation.

<Zola> The seer was quite creepy...

<Zola> And I was thinking we should see if the wine from the night of the first attack is the same wine Jaida Misain brought, Titania.

<Hugonel> In that case, I volunteer to get stoned for the greater good of the Empire, Your Majesty.

  • Marl smirks slightly
  • RM_Alma clears her throat.

<Titania> We do still have some of it stored away.

<Zola> We could probably recognise the effects, at least?

<Hugonel> Indeed.

<RM_Alma> At the risk of sounding larcenous...

<RM_Alma> If the opportunity should arise for you to obtain anything belonging to individuals you suspect are fey, or other, it might prove useful for us.

<RM_Alma> It certainly needn't be anything of value ... a trinket or even a receipt...

  • Aubrienne looks skeptical.

<Hugonel> All right, I'll keep that in mind - although, as I say, I thought I might spend the next while researching from afar of these entities.

<RM_Alma> Trust me, dear, you can tell a lot from someone's trash :)

  • Ilphere pictures Alma dumpster diving...

<Marl> Thank you for your information, and for taking the time to speak with us today.

<Marl> You can trust that we'll be pursuing these matters.

<Zola> Of course :)

<Hugonel> Thank you, Your Majesty. And do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further inquiries.

<Aubrienne> Oh course, your majesty.

<Zola> I'll leave ... my notes with the secretary?

<Marl> That would be fine, thank you.

  • Titania will see you out, then

<Aubrienne> <w>How do you think it went?

<Titania> <w> Pretty good... I'm worried about Jonas, but I can deal with that.

  • Titania gives your hand a quick squeeze when she thinks no one is looking
  • Aubrienne smiles encouragingly.

<Zola> That wasn't so bad, I guess?

<Titania> It certainly could have been worse. Thank you.

Solos

Denise is comforted by Mikel

<DiablotinNarrator> so there is one slight problem with your plan.

<DiablotinNarrator> druids don't get Remove Curse >.>

<Denise_> well!

<Denise_> Denise doens't know that

<Denise_> Mikel may or may not know that?

<DiablotinNarrator> Mikel probably does

<Denise_> well, he could tell argent that anyway

<DiablotinNarrator> so that means you're in the market for a cleric :)

<Argent> I'll track down Briony

<Denise_> I don't knwo what he *would* do if Argent told him his sister was cursed into a human icicle though :o

<DiablotinNarrator> (technically or an inquisitor, bard, wizard, sorc, etc. but the catch with them is they would have to know the spell)

<DiablotinNarrator> Well, he would want to come and see you and make sure you're okay!

<DiablotinNarrator> even if there's nothing he can actually do to help

<Denise_> yeah

<DiablotinNarrator> oh ah I close my other windows >.> sec

  • Mikel_ will go find his sister to keep her company while you track down a cleric @_@

<Argent> (ok)

<Denise_> (how do we want to play this?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (talk with Mikel for a few min, then switch to Argent talking to Briony?)

<Denise_> (okay :)

<Mikel_> Are you okay? :o

<Denise_> Mickey!

  • Mikel_ will ask immediately upon seeing you
  • Denise_ sits up

<Denise_> No! D:

<Mikel_> What happened?

<Denise_> I'm all made of ice D:

<Mikel_> Argent sort of explained, but he was in a hurry

<Denise_> there were these buch of liktt flying fairy things and we went to see what they were, and they attacked us

<Denise_> and one of them made me dance until Dorien burned it

<Denise_> and then there was another one and I went up to get him and he said a creepy rhyme and it turned me all like this D:

<Mikel_> :o

<Denise_> And then wne I hit him parts of my hand came off in my glove and I'm scared aI'm goint to break D:

<Mikel_> well don't punch anything! just sit real still

<Denise_> You know I ain't good at that D:

<Mikel_> I told Argent we couldn't do curses, an' so he's findin' some priest he knows

<Denise_> Is Argent geting a channel?

<Denise_> oh

<Mikel_> it'll be okay

  • Mikel_ considers taking your hand and then thinks better of it in case he crushes it or something >.>

<Mikel_> what happened with the creepy fairy things

<Mikel_> ?

<Denise_> Dorien an' Misery got the rest of them

<Denise_> the other one broke into pieces of ice D:

<Mikel_> but they all got taken care of? they ain't still flyin' around somewhere?

<Denise_> No, they all got taken out

<Denise_> we wouldn'a let 'em get away

<Mikel_> okay, that's good

<Mikel_> you were real brave :)

<Denise_> ...you can't tell mam, okay?

<Mikel_> okay

<Denise_> if it does get all better

<Denise_> then there ain't nothing for her to worry about

<Mikel_> yeah

<Mikel_> it'll get better

<Mikel_> they'll get you all fixed right up, I'm sure

<Denise_> :|

<Mikel_> Even if Channel Silvia can't help with this exactly, I think I should tell her about it

<Denise_> okay

<Mikel_> just 'cause it sounds like it's more part of the weird stuff that you were talkin' about

<Denise_> ...

<Denise_> yeah

<Denise_> Did you hear about what happened at the club?

<Mikel_> what happened?

<Denise_> with the invisible thing what stabbed all the Shadar kai and then there was a portal of blood and a huge tall guy with antlers came out?

<Mikel_> uhhh no

<Mikel_> wait, maybe

<Denise_> I thought it was in the papers...

<Mikel_> I did hear some folks talkin' about it, but I didn't know it was your club

<Denise_> eyah, but I weren't there

<Mikel_> that's good

<Denise_> it was just folks who worked there.

<Denise_> Aunt Hettie was.

  • Mikel_ nods

<Mikel_> maybe I can ask her about it, then

<Denise_> yeah

<Mikel_> People were talkin' but the story was all mixed up an' I didn't really know if it was true, or what to make of it

<Denise_> it's true

<Mikel_> But if she was there, she oughta be able to say what she saw

<Denise_> yeah

<Denise_> Argent was therre too

<Denise_> an' Mireva >.>

<Denise_> :/

  • Denise_ looks at the other room

<Mikel_> did she get hurt?

<Denise_> plus Dorien, and Misery - she got hurt but she'd okay I think now

<Denise_> Mireva didn't

  • Mikel_ nods

<Mikel_> well it sounds like... they might be busy, so I won't bug 'em >.>

<Denise_> yeah...

<Mikel_> maybe I can ask 'em about it later, if I get a chance

<Denise_> She's still all freaked out I guess

  • Mikel_ nods
  • Mikel_ will take your hand, very gently

<Mikel_> did you want me to ... do anything, or get anything for you?

<Denise_> I dn't know :(

<Mikel_> or, uh, like... tell Ander or Enver or anyone?

  • Denise_ nods to that

<Mikel_> okay

<Mikel_> well, maybe once Argent an' whoever he's lookin' for get back, I can go an' track them down? I just don't wanna leave you alone right now.

<Denise_> okay

<Denise_> ...thanks :|

<Denise_> :)

  • Mikel_ smiles back

While Argent fetches Briony to heal Denise

  • Briony will be at home, given that it's probably like... 6am or something when you show up at her place
  • Argent will knock or ring the bell, whatever she has.
  • Briony will come to the door in her dressing gown, looking tired, but her eyes widen a bit when she sees you

<Briony> What's wrong?

  • Briony assumes there must be something wrong for you to be at her door this early
  • Argent still bears the injuries from the fight.

<Argent> may I come in?

<Briony> Of course, it's freezing out

  • Argent will step inside.
  • Briony shows you in

<Briony> (I don't know that you've ever been in her house before - first time?)

<Argent> (likely yes)

  • Briony has a small but fairly nice house in the west end of the Pav. You do notice a few details - like that there are some toys and a small pair of boots by the door.
  • Argent glances around the entryway quickly, absorbing the details for later.

<Briony> You're hurt - what happened?

<Argent> There were ice fey wandering the street. Small ones with knives and playing a magic fiddle and a larger one with a hammer and chisle.

<Argent> Me and some friends dealt with them, but one of my friends, Denise, was cursed by the larger one.

<Briony> O_O

<Briony> Do you need me to go and remove the curse from her?

<Argent> her skin has become like ice and brittle... moving causes her pain as it cracks.

<Briony> that sounds horrible

<Argent> If you can that would be very appreciated.

  • Briony nods

<Briony> I just need to get some clothes on... and, ah.

<Briony> I'd need to bring my son with me, I can't just leave him here >.>

<Argent> I don't have a car or anything like that... we could get a cab.

<Briony> all right.

<Briony> can you call for one? probably by the time it gets here, we can be ready to go.

  • Argent nods and will find a cab number to call.
  • Briony will head off to put on some clothes, and wake her son up
  • Argent will spend the time waiting, healing his wounds and straightening up so he presents less of startling image for the boy
  • Briony returns in a little while with a child you think is probably about 3 or so, with curly dark hair and a sleepy look.

<Argent> Hi there

  • Argent says to the boy

<Briony> Argent, this is Aron - Aron, this is my friend Argent. We need to go out for a little bit and help his friend ... Denise, was it?

<Argent> yes Denise

  • Aron looks a bit dubious about this plan

<Argent> Sorry for waking you Aron, but at least you get a cab ride out of it.

<Briony> We'll get you bundled up warm.

  • Briony will fight the good fight to get him into his boots and hat and mitts and so on

<Argent> anything I can do to help?

<Briony> You can try and get his boots on... I'll hold one foot so he can't kick it off right away ;p

  • Argent will endevour to do so

<DiablotinNarrator> As a joint effort, you can get him into his winter clothes just as the cab arrives

<Briony> okay, let's go :)

  • Briony makes it sound more fun for the kid, and will grab a couple of his toys as well on the way out the door

<DiablotinNarrator> The cab ride makes it much more pleasant to get back to your apartment, at least

<DiablotinNarrator> You can get back there much more quickly than you would otherwise

  • Argent will hold doors for Briony and Aron to make the parade a little easier when they arrive.

<Briony> thanks

  • Argent wonders if motorcycles have winter tires
  • Briony takes in the scene when she arrives
  • Denise_ looks uop when people come in

<Argent> Denise, this is my friend Briony, and her son Aron. She's here to help.

<Briony> hello, Denise

  • Argent will offer to take Aron from Briony to free her up.

<Denise_> hi...

  • Briony looks to be in her late 20s, she has long brown hair tied back in a bun, and is quite pretty

<Briony> (if maybe a bit tired-looking at the moment...)

  • Denise_ smiles a little nervously

<Briony> Let's get you sorted out, hm?

<Denise_> Are you a priest?

  • Denise_ is just nervous @_@

<Briony> yes, I'm a cleric of Cat.

<Denise_> okay

  • Aron will go to you, Argent, although he's a bit reluctant to let go of his mother

<Briony> it will only take a moment

  • Argent will do his best to soothe and calm the kid down (he has some experience from the orphanage)
  • Briony takes her Wheel in hand and will pray over you for a short while
  • Denise_ will close her eyes
  • Briony puts her hand on your shoulder

<DiablotinNarrator> You feel the ice leaving your body, your skin turning soft and supple instead of brittle again

  • Denise_ lets out a deep breath dshe didn't know she was holding

<Briony> there - is that better?

<Denise_> yes, thank you @_@

<Briony> I'm glad I could help

  • Denise_ flexes her hands, and touches her face
  • Mikel_ will give you a big hug once you seem to be unfrozen

<Argent> I really appreciate this.

  • Argent says to Briony
  • Briony nods
  • Denise_ hugs back, shaking a little in relief

<Briony> It's all right

<Briony> Is.. whatever did this - gone now?

<Denise_> YES >:|

<Argent> it shattered and melted. I have it's tools in my room, if you want to look at them.

<Denise_> (unintentional yelling but heyyy)

<Briony> Yes, that'd be good

  • Argent will hand Aron back to Briony and lead her to the wrapped bundle.

<Mikel_> Do you still want me to go an' let Ander an' Enver know?

  • Mikel_ asks you once they're off looking at fairy tools

<Argent> I haven't had any chance to examine them.

  • Denise_ considers, and then nods

<Mikel_> okay - what do you want me to say?

<Mikel_> like, do you want them to come get you? or just say you'll catch them later, you need a rest now, or what?

<Denise_> ...

<Denise_> I dont know. Aunt hettie's got someone over >.>

<Mikel_> look - you can always come home if you need to

<Denise_> :(

  • Denise_ figures her peeps are probably already sleeping anyway

<Denise_> No, never minds... I'll just go home, I think

<Denise_> I'm tired, and there's not anything to do now. I'm okay.

<Mikel_> home with me? or home to Aunt Hettie's?

  • Denise_ says, though she still sounds shaken
  • Mikel_ checks what you mean

<Denise_> ...Aunt Hettie's

<Mikel_> if you don't wanna bug her, you can stay in my room - an' Dad won't even know, you can leave after he's gone for work

  • Mikel_ offers again

<Denise_> ....

<Denise_> okay :(

<Mikel_> or like.. I'm sure Enver would let you stay with him. but whatever's good for you. I just don't want you to go off an' be all freaked out alone.

  • Mikel_ says, recognizing your look

<Denise_> I don't know . I'm just tired :(

<Denise_> He might not even be home :(

<Mikel_> C'mon. I'll take you home.

<Denise_> okay

  • Denise_ will say goodbye to the residents and thank Briony again
  • Mikel_ will take you back home and get you hot tea and make sure you're settled in
  • Mikel_ can even leave Vir to cuddle with you ;)
  • Denise_ will cuddle :3
  • Briony examines the weapons - they are masterwork, but non magic.

Argent follows up with Denise at her parents' home

  • Argent will head to Denise' home once he had seen to Briony and Aron and got a little bit of rest himself.
  • Argent knocks on the door

<Denise_> (She woudl probably tell you before she left that she was going to her parent's house not her own >.>)

<Argent> (right... that's where I go)

<Argent> (and probably have to chat his way by parents to get in to see you)

<Denise_> (yup, since they dont' actually know she is there >.>)

  • Argent will knock on the door to the room Denise is resting in

<Argent> You in there Denise?

  • Denise_ is surprised to hear your voice, but will let you in

<Argent> Hi, I was worried when you left, so I thought I would drop by and check up on you... youre folks may want to as well when Im done.

  • Denise_ goes back to sitting on Mikel's bed with Vir

<Denise_> you told them I was here? :(

  • Argent will step in the room and find something as a seat.
  • Denise_ does look kind of a mess, with the little rat sitting in her lap

<Argent> I wasn't expecting it to be a secret, but then I didn't take the time to talk to you before you and Mikel left, so thats what I get.

<Argent> Sorry about that.

<Denise_> :/

<Denise_> what did you tell them?

<Argent> Just that you thought you might be catchin' somethin' cause of the weather and detoured here after my place. No specifics.

<Denise_> okay

<Argent> Me being the concerned and loyal friend just wanted to make sure you were good.

  • Denise_ nods, though still hopes not to have to deal with her dad

<Argent> I'll be more deceptive next time this comes up.

<Denise_> :/

<Denise_> thanks for comin' though

<Denise_> I'm just... shook up

<Denise_> it ain;'t the sort of thing you thik of - bein' turned into ice @_@

<Argent> no its not

<Argent> and it sucks it happened to you, but you were tough enough to fight through it, and you had friends to help afterward... someone walking down the street this morning may not have been so lucky.

<Denise_> yeah

<Denise_> I know

  • Denise_ says, sounding more determined

<Denise_> like

<Denise_> this ain't something folks shoudl have to deal with

<Denise_> other folk could really have been hurt

<Denise_> but like.... why?

<Denise_> What was that? why?

<Argent> I don't have an answer for you. I could have been total chance they came down that allyway.

<Argent> and luckily it was too early for many to hear that little fiddle

  • Denise_ nods

<Denise_> yeah

<Denise_> that weren'r no fun either

<Denise_> but after the rest, well.

<Denise_> hadrly seems worth thinkin; about

<Argent> although some of those moves were impressive, standin up on the ice like that.

<Denise_> heh

<Denise_> thanks

<Denise_> I guess that's all the trainin

<Argent> it works

<Argent> I'm glad we stil make a good team in a fight

  • Denise_ nods

<Denise_> you think there's gonna be more shit like this?

  • Argent nods

<Argent> This is probably just the start

<Denise_> so, like.

<Denise_> more then

<Denise_> okay.

  • Denise_ scritches Vir's nose

<Denise_> Well.

<Argent> as long as we have eachother's backs, I'm not worried

  • Denise_ nods

<Denise_> I'll do what I can

<Denise_> Seems like you got other folks to help byou out too, that's good.

<Argent> Briony helped me when I was away... I owe her quite a bit. She's a good person and was glad to help you.

<Denise_> well.... I appreciate it a ton @_@

  • Denise_ sighs

<Denise_> I'll be okay.

<Denise_> O figure after this, like - just bring it @_@

<Argent> I know. I just wanted to make sure you knew.

  • Denise_ nods, and smiles

<Denise_> thanks.

  • Argent smiles back

<Argent> cold iron... those things don't like cold iron. You should see if Ander's can find you a dagger or some knuckles or something you can use.

<Denise_> mmmm, okay...

  • Denise_ says, but sounds dubious

<Denise_> I mean

<Denise_> I belive you, just i do better without all that >.>

<Denise_> knuckles or a knife ain't gonna do no good if I'm kickin something >.>

  • Denise_ says, thinking of the mushrooms

<Argent> or bullets... an ace in the hole if kickin' aint workin' is good to have.

<Denise_> yeah, bullets for sure'

<Denise_> I'm glad you an' Dorien and Misery took out them little fuckers up on the roof.

<Argent> Yeah, Dorien's gun packs quite a punch.

<Denise_> yeah, that was neat!

<Argent> I still have to tease him for squeeling

<Denise_> well. Like - it's Dorien.

<Argent> I'll just do it when he isn't carrying

<Denise_> heh

  • Denise_ grins

<Argent> There's some other stuff we should probably talk about, but it can wait until you've gotten some rest.

<Denise_> okay

<Denise_> well, you know where to find me :)

  • Argent nods
  • Argent will give Denise a hug before heading out.
  • Denise_ gives a big crushing hug back

Argent tells Mireva about what happened to Denise

<Mireva> do you want it to be on that same day, like after you've sorted out Denise's freezing and gotten Briony sent back home and such?

<Argent> That works

<Mireva> okay

<Argent> I can swing by and say hello after visiting Denise

<Mireva> sounds good :)

<Argent> (she has an appartment?)

<Mireva> (I think that's right- Heather? I forget if we had made up further details about her living situation)

<Elanya> (yeah she lives above a shop)

<Mireva> (okay, cool)

  • Mireva has an apartment above a shop in the Shade, then :)
  • Argent will head up there, bundled up from the extra cold and give a rap at the door, with luck she is home
  • Mireva comes to the door, peeking out so she doesn't let too much cold air in

<Mireva> oh! hi, come on in

  • Mireva opens the door for you

<Argent> Thanks! Its extra chilly today.

  • Argent will slip inside

<Mireva> yeah, it is - I put all the extra blankets on my bed last night

<Argent> Everything good here? No unusual events?

<Mireva> Yeah, it's fine, other than cold. Is everything okay?

  • Argent will take off his cold soaked coat

<Mireva> you're freezing

  • Mireva says as she gives you a hug

<Argent> A bunch of ice fairies attacked a few of us outside my appartment this morning.

<Mireva> a .. what?

  • Argent enjoys the hug and warmth

<Argent> little flying guys with knives, one playing a fiddle that made people dance, and then a big guy wiht a hammer and chisle

<Argent> he was made of ice.

<Mireva> that's crazy :o

  • Argent shakes his head.

<Argent> I don't disagree

<Mireva> was anyone hurt? :p

  • Mireva sort of hopes you would have said so if they were, but worries a bit anyway

<Argent> I few scratches, nothing serious that hasnt been dealt with.

  • Mireva nods

<Argent> You should give Denise a call or visit soon. SHe could use the company. Got cursed by the big one.

<Mireva> cursed? :o

<Mireva> what does that even mean?

<Argent> Made her skin and bones go all ice crytally and cracked when she moved.

<Mireva> O_O

<Argent> Its all better now, though

  • Argent says very reassuringly

<Mireva> well... okay. if you say so.

<Mireva> maybe I can go over and see her after work...

<Argent> yeah it did shake her up a bit, so happy company would be good for her.

  • Mireva nods

<Mireva> I can imagine!

<Argent> She was at her folks place, but she'll likely head home sometime.

<Argent> So... anything new and exciting with you?

<Mireva> she must've been shook up if she went to her folks' place.

  • Argent nods

<Argent> I had fetched her brother, which is likely why she went there.

<Mireva> that's good...

<Mireva> but you got her... uncursed?

<Argent> yeah, all fixed

<Mireva> okay

<Mireva> uh... as for me? I mean, nothing as exciting as being attacked by flying fairies with knives

<Mireva> things are a little weird, but nothing like that

<Argent> a little weird? Outfall from the attack at Tit's?

<Mireva> yeah, I guess so

<Mireva> Or something related to that, anyway

<Argent> Oh?

<Mireva> I've heard about a few other people getting hurt, stabbed like what happened there, by something they couldn't see

  • Argent frowns at that

<Argent> any more antle heads?

<Mireva> I didn't hear about that, no

<Mireva> I don't know whether to think it's something targeting Shadar-kai for some fucked-up reason, or if it's just that those are the ones I heard about

<Argent> nothing has happened to you? Of course not, you would have said.

<Mireva> no, I'm okay

<Mireva> maybe I'm not black-blooded enough ;p

<Mireva> but the thing at the club did hurt Yonelle, and she's only half too, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

  • Argent shakes his head

<Argent> I really don't know

<Argent> I'm just glad you're not being targetted.

<Mireva> if there are more attacks, though... like what happened to you...

  • Mireva hugs you again

<Mireva> I'm just glad you're okay

<Argent> I'm tougher than I looked, and I wasn't alone.

<Argent> (look)

<Mireva> who else was there?

<Mireva> Denise, you said, and.. what, Dorien?

  • Mireva looks mildly amused at Dorien defending you

<Argent> Denise was there, my roomate Dorien, with his crazy supped up gun, Dorien's cousin, Gen, and Dorien's student or lover, I don't know anymore Misery

<Argent> She was at Tit's too

<Mireva> oh, Misery Vshal? Yeah, I know her.

<Mireva> she's fucking Dorien? really? :o

<Argent> I guess so...

  • Argent blushes a little bit

<Mireva> well. uh, good for them I guess?

<Argent> I try not to hear, but the appartment is small, and I have good hearing...

  • Mireva smiles a little at that

<Mireva> you could always bring me over and we can just try to be louder ;)

  • Mireva teases
  • Argent turns even more red, if possible, considering the clod

<Argent> ah... well... that...

<Argent> (cold)

  • Mireva smiles

<Argent> are you having fun?

<Mireva> I just meant we could play the radio really loud, what were *you* thinking? ;)

<Argent> yeah, thats what I was thinkign of course

  • Mireva laughs

<Mireva> so, how about I warm you up a bit?

<Argent> but what about you? You're all alone here.

<Mireva> ... with some tea, that is ;)

  • Argent smoothly changes the subject

<Argent> tea would be good

  • Mireva will get her little hotplate going so she can make you some

<Mireva> I'm all alone here, so I don't need to worry about bothering the neighbours ;)

<Argent> well... no thats not what I was referring to... can you defend yourself, do you have any training or experience?

<Argent> It's not something that's ever come up before, so thats why im askin'

<Mireva> oh

<Mireva> well, I've never really had to use it, but I carry a little knife just in case. sometimes bein' a girl out at night, you want a little protection.

<Argent> well that's good that you've never had to use it.

<Mireva> never had to really use it... got it out a couple times, that was enough.

<Argent> I can teach you a little if you want, just so you can be better prepared.

<Mireva> okay

<Argent> Although if something invisible is attacking you, running may be better.

<Mireva> that's probably good advice in general, yeah

  • Mireva pours the tea for both of you

<Mireva> are things like this going to keep happening, then? :/

  • Argent nods

<Argent> I don't think they are going away in the short term, at least

<Mireva> ugh

<Argent> I know

<Argent> If it makes for a long winter, its gonna mess with my plans of buying a motorcycle

<Mireva> you're gonna get a motorcycle? :D

<Mireva> that's so cool!

<Argent> I've been checking some out.

  • Mireva grins

<Argent> Its a little cold to be driving them right now, and they don't handle well in ice... but I really want one

<Mireva> you can take me for a ride when you get it :)

<Argent> For sure!

  • Argent sips his tea

<Mireva> so, um... I have to go to work in about an hour.

<Argent> Oh crap, I'm totally in your way

<Mireva> no, no no!

<Mireva> that's not what I meant

<Mireva> I just meant, we have a bit of time before I have to go.

<Mireva> if, you know, you wanted to do anything you didn't have to worry about your roommate overhearing >.>

<Argent> And its really cold out... tea may not be enough to warm either of us up before we head out.

<Mireva> exactly

<Mireva> but there are still a lot of blankets on my bed...

<Argent> ... I wouldn't want to be an imposition

<Mireva> it wouldn't be

  • Mireva assures you

<Argent> Thats good

<Mireva> we might not have time for anything too... long and drawn out, but I bet we could manage something fun.

<Argent> fun sounds good

<Argent> I don't have much practice with fun, but I'll try my best.

  • Argent colours slightly
  • Mireva smiles, taking your hand

<Mireva> it's okay - I'll show you :)

  • Argent smiles as well and lets her lead him off

<Mireva> (yaaay!)

<Mireva> (totally didn't finish that tea, oh well >.>)

Denise asks Syrez for more training

  • Denise will show up in the late afternoon to the... gym?
  • Denise is not 100% how this works

<Syrez> (yeah, I assume he has a ... studio/dojo/gym type thing, whatever we want to call it ;)

  • Denise is a little earlier than usual, but it is not totally out of character for her to be there
  • Denise looks around to see who is here, and if Syrez is busy with another student or anything
  • Denise will busy herself with drills for you
  • Syrez is observing some of the other students sparring, but nods when he sees you

<Denise> (err, I don't know where that came form - but until he is available anyway)

  • Denise loks grimly determined
  • Syrez comes over after a little bit
  • Denise will finish the drill she'd in the middle of

<Denise> Lhareth - I need to talk to you

<Syrez> It's good to see you attacking the punching bag with such determination

<Syrez> Is something bothering you?

<Denise> yeah.... not just me, i bet.

  • Syrez frowns

<Denise> ....did you hear about the, uh, fey stuff?

<Syrez> I heard about the antlered man

  • Denise nods

<Denise> ....did you hear about the club?

  • Denise is not reaaaaallly sure she is the one who should be sharing this stuff, BUT.

<Syrez> no

<Syrez> what about the club?

  • Denise looks around

<Denise> That's where he came from

<Syrez> how do you mean?

<Denise> there was a private party, for folks who worked there, an their guests

<Denise> and some.... invisible thing started stabbin' all the shadar-kai

<Syrez> what?!

<Denise> and then like... there was a big portal that came from all their blood, and that's where that Antlered guys came out

<Syrez> o_O

<Denise> yeah

  • Denise looks uncertain

<Syrez> were you there?

<Denise> no.... My aunt was, though, an' my friend Argent.

<Denise> And Dorien...

<Denise> ...

<Denise> >.>

  • Syrez looks blank

<Denise> ...an' Misery.... >.>

<Denise> But everyone was okay!

<Syrez> Misery?

<Syrez> why was she there? is she all right?

<Denise> she was hurt, but she got healed.

<Denise> she was there with Dorien

<Syrez> who's Dorien?

  • Syrez looks rather stunned at all of this

<Denise> he's Argent's roommate

<Denise> anyway, like...

<Denise> there's more >.>

<Syrez> tell me

  • Denise nods

<Denise> so like, the antler guy, when he left, he said somethin' 'bout it being winter night

<Denise> so.... this morning, then

<Denise> We were all at Argent an' Dorien's place

  • Syrez listens, frowning

<Denise> them, and me, and Mis, and Dorien's cousin Gen, who's some kinda healer

<Denise> and there were these little fairy guys that c ame around, playin' this fiddle what made people dance when they didn't want to

<Denise> Well, one had a fiddle, and the others had little swords

<Syrez> o_O

  • Denise gives an approximation with her hands of the fey and their weapons

<Denise> so you can figure how that went. We figured we should take 'em out, right?

<Syrez> right...

<Denise> so we were workin on that - the fiddle guy got me dancin' though, so I weren't much help at first

<Denise> :/

<Denise> but then this other guy came

  • Zari (Mibbit@mobile-107-107-184-43.mycingular.net) has joined #changeling

<Denise> he was just this short guy all made of ice, with a chisel and a hammer, an' a big spiky beard

<Denise> and.... he said this rhyme at me when I went after 'im

<Denise> and it turned me into ice

<Syrez> some kinda magic?

<Denise> I guess it was a curse.

<Syrez> you seem to have recovered

<Denise> Argent had to get a cleric he knew after it was all done to turn me back

  • Syrez nods

<Denise> it was ..... It rattle me, but I'm okay now

<Syrez> good

<Denise> Like.... pieces of my hand came off when I hit the guy

<Syrez> :/

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> so

<Denise> I'm just worried there's gonna be more stuff like that

  • Syrez nods

<Denise> I guess they don't like cold iron, too

<Denise> Argent had some iron knuckles, and they worked real well

<Denise> I coudl tell when I hit'em that it didn't hurt 'em as much as it should

<Syrez> do you want to get some too, try training with those?

<Denise> somethin', yeah.

<Denise> or some other way of workin' better against stuff like that

  • Syrez considers, but is a bit distracted by this whole 'Misery getting stabbed' thing, perhaps

<Syrez> there are some different options, maybe

<Syrez> certainly it couldn't hurt to carry some iron knuckles, to use if you run up against anything like that again. or even an iron punching dagger.

  • Denise nods

<Syrez> other than being affected by their magic, did you feel like you were able to hit them effectively?

<Denise> I... think so? I was kinda freaked out after I got turned to ice so it was more like.... just swining for it, not my best I know, but it hit okay

  • Syrez nods

<Syrez> it sounds like you handled it as well as could be expected

  • Denise nods

<Denise> I feel like.... maybe if I weren't so tough, too, I'd a broke more

<Syrez> when you get hit by a spell or something like that, it's easy to get shaken up

<Syrez> but you kept on swinging, and that's the most important part

  • Syrez sort of awkwardly pats your shoulder in his effort at being encouraging
  • Denise nods

<Syrez> .... and Misery was all right?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> she was there for that fight too, but she didn't get hit I do't think

<Denise> she used some of dorien's alchemy stuff to help take out the little ones

  • Syrez smiles slightly at his daughter's ingenuity, at least

<Syrez> that's good

<Denise> yeah, she did good

  • Denise smiles

<Denise> I just....wanna do whatever I can to be more ready

  • Syrez nods

<Denise> I just need folks to tell what that is, Lhareth

<Syrez> let's keep at that drill you were doing, for a start

<Syrez> and I'll help you train with some knuckles if that's something you want to improve

  • Denise nods

<Syrez> You're nearly at the point where your fists will become stronger, more effective

<Syrez> with a bit more training, you can get there

<Denise> okay

<Denise> I'll keep at it, Lhareth, thank you.

<Syrez> eventually, you can even reach a point where your fists will be as effective as cold iron, or silver. but that's a longer way off, so in the meanwhile... knuckles.

<Denise> okay

  • Syrez will put you through some drills, then
  • Denise drills drills drills!


Denise tells Enver about the ice fey attack

  • Denise will go Enver hunting a day or so after her icecapade :3
  • Enver can be tracked down at his place

<Enver> hey there :)

<Denise> (maybe late afternoon so we both have some time before work?)

<Enver> (sure)

<Denise> hey :)

<Denise> Um

<Denise> can I come in?

  • Denise seems a little subdued

<Enver> sure

<Enver> is something wrong?

  • Enver brings you inside out of the cold

<Denise> I think I'm okay

<Denise> just sorting through some stuff

<Enver> do you wanna sit down? can I get you anything?

<Denise> thanks - you got anything warm to drink?

<Enver> I could make some tea

  • Denise wonder how he heats this place as it seems like that could be a problem _
  • Enver 's place is not amazingly well-heated, but does have a stove, plus whatever the equivalent of a kerosene lantern that he can carry around to different rooms to warm them when he's in them.

<Denise> sure, thanks

  • Enver will get that started, then, and then return to you while the water is heating up

<Denise> YOu gonna be warm enough up here?

<Denise> I think it's gonna be a cold winter :|

<Enver> I'll manage.

  • Denise nods

<Denise> Dorien an' Argent 've got Dorien's cousin stayin' with 'em 'cause her place had no heat

<Enver> that's no good... glad they could put her up

  • Enver sits down beside you

<Enver> is somethin' buggin' you?

<Denise> I'm just worried about stuff, I guess

<Denise> You heard about all them fey flyin' around the city, the last few days?

<Enver> Yeah, I heard some

<Enver> Georn's seen a few weird things in the sewers, so we're keepin' an eye out when we're down there too

<Denise> you be careful :|

  • Denise says sternly

<Enver> I will, I promise.

<Denise> There was a bunch that came 'round Dorien's place - I was over there acfter work 'cause Aunt Hettie was having her girl over

<Denise> wanted to give 'em some time, ya know?

<Denise> There were nasty >:|

  • Enver nods, listening

<Enver> what'd they do?

<Denise> there were these little ones with swords, and one with a fiddle

<Denise> and the fiddle music could make you dance whether you wanted to or not

<Denise> They weren't so bad once Argent an' dorien took out the fiddler

<Denise> but there was another one, came after them

<Denise> A little man with a big ice beard, with a chisel and hammer

<Enver> huh

<Denise> yeah.

<Denise> He turned me all into ice

<Denise> it was real freaky

<Enver> he did what? :o

<Denise> like, I was still aive, and I could move an' all - but if I weren't careful, bits would break off _

  • Enver takes your hand
  • Denise squeezes it

<Enver> that sounds horrible

<Denise> Argent had to go get a priest to fix me u

<Denise> (up)

<Denise> it weren't great

<Enver> :/

<Enver> I'm glad you're fixed up

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> I was pretty rattled for a bit

<Enver> understandable

  • Denise leansagainst you a bit
  • Enver puts his arm around you
  • Denise smiles

<Denise> anyway

<Denise> I feel like... I'm more together now

  • Enver nods

<Denise> but maybe not all settled, I dunno :/

<Enver> it's scary

<Denise> yeah but...

<Enver> that somethin' like that could happen around here, to you, or me...

  • Denise nods

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> that's it

<Denise> like

<Denise> I'm okay now, thinking what happened

<Denise> but not with, like, the idea of it, right?

<Denise> Like, what if it were someone else?

  • Enver nods

<Denise> someone who couldn't take care of themselves?

<Denise> or like, even with them little ones

<Enver> You could handle it, an' you got help in time... but not everyone might be that lucky

<Denise> the Fiddler had me good

<Denise> yeah

<Enver> An' why are they even here?

<Enver> ain't they supposed to be out in a forest or whatever, if they're anywhere?

<Denise> I got not idea

<Denise> an like

<Denise> they seem to like tits'.

<Denise> Ugh

<Denise> the club >.>

<Denise> (uhh)

  • Enver nods

<Enver> maybe there's somethin' that's .. I don't know, drawin' them there

<Denise> I dunno

<Denise> you remember heearin' bouth that army guy - the nob who got bumped?

<Enver> yeah

<Denise> like - there was fay stuff goin' on there too

<Enver> there was?

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> Aunt Hettie said they caught some little creature messin' with the boiler

<Denise> and prolly that's what made the lights all fall down too

<Enver> huh

<Enver> so it's been goin' on that long?

<Denise> well, I dunno

<Denise> if there was any "goin' on" in between or what

  • Enver nods

<Enver> It's gotta be connected though

<Denise> yeha

<Denise> prolly somehow, but I don't know shit about fey :p

<Denise> well

<Denise> I know they don't like cold iron >.>

  • Enver nods

<Enver> I'm tryin' to find out more about 'em, if I might have to deal with 'em down in the sewers - or anywhere else, I guess

<Denise> that's good

<Denise> I dunno - I feel like I shold be doin' more

<Enver> what sorta more?

<Denise> liek... something to help other folk, keep the streets safe

<Denise> Ain't like the guard are gonna be ther in the shambles, or even parts of rhenea, you know?

<Enver> well.. if bad enough shit is happenin' there, they might have to

<Enver> but I know what you mean

  • Denise looks dubious

<Denise> 'should' an 'have to' ain't the same

  • Enver nods

<Enver> maybe it's somethin' you could talk to Ander about

  • Denise nods

<Denise> I did a bit

<Enver> like... maybe they could help get together some sorta neighbourhood watch kinda thing

  • Denise nods

<Denise> yeah

<Denise> I wanna be, like *involved* though

<Enver> well, maybe you could be. If you got time, anyway... maybe in the afternoons or somethin'?

  • Denise nods

<Denise> yeah...

<Denise> Now that rat day's over, I got a bit more time

<Denise> less planning... and less knittin'

  • Enver smiles at that

<Enver> the gloves you made me are real warm - I been wearin' them all the time, just about.

<Denise> how's them gloves holdin' up?

<Denise> oh good!

<Enver> under a pair of mittens when I go out

<Denise> If I's known it was gonna be this cold, i'd aput fingers on 'em >.>

  • Denise nods

<Enver> ah, they're great.

<Denise> well, good

<Denise> but yeah - all them fey and stuff, that's why I think it's gonna be cold

<Enver> yeah?

<Denise> the one that came from Tit's, with the antlers, said somethin' about it being winter night, Aunt Hettie said

<Enver> that don't sound good

<Denise> no

<Denise> sounds cold, at least

  • Enver nods

<Enver> speakin' of cold, the kettle's boiling - lemme get you that tea, help warm up

<Denise> oh yeah :)

  • Enver gives you another squeeze and then will get up to make the tea
  • Denise is totally down with tea and cuddles :3

Aubrienne learns the ropes of firing guns

  • Aubrienne will find Hettie backstage at some point a few days after the attack, preferably sometime when she is alone.

<Aubrienne> Heya, Hettie, you have a sec?

<Hettienne> Eh?

  • Hettienne is taking a break, eating an apple.

<Aubrienne> I have kind of a strange question for you. Or, I guess, a strange question and possibly a strange request.

<Aubrienne> You, uh, you know how to shoot, right?

  • Hettienne grins.

<Hettienne> I do okay. ;)

  • Aubrienne returns the grin somewhat sheepishly.

<Hettienne> Why?

<Aubrienne> Well, with the attack the other day...I can throw a tiny bolt and all, but I'd kind of like something more...threatening.

<Hettienne> Want me to plug someone? ;)

<Aubrienne> I was wondering if you'd be willing to teach me how to shoot.

<Hettienne> Well sure...!

<Hettienne> A girl's gotta look out for herself.

<Hettienne> You got a piece?

<Aubrienne> Really? Hettie, you're the tops. :)

<Aubrienne> Uh, no, not as such, but it shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of one.

<Hettienne> Ya know Korrisse's folk've got a whole range, right?

<Aubrienne> ...That is a fair point.

<Aubrienne> Why didn't I think of that?

<Hettienne> Why don't we get her on the horn and set somethin' up? :)

<Aubrienne> Sounds like a plan, thanks. :)

<Hettienne> Swell!

<Hettienne> (ok so then.... :v)

<Aubrienne> (I assume we can set up a trip to the range fairly easily?)

  • Korisse will arrange for us to have some time at the Valen range, yes1

<Korisse> (Valent)

  • Aubrienne will be happy to pick folks up.

<Korisse> (Private range or private time at the factory range? ^-^)

<Hettienne> (wherever :)

<Aubrienne> (Either?)

<Korisse> (We'll do private, for the first time out ^-^

  • Korisse will meet you at her parent's home in the Grand

<Korisse> Please come in!

<Korisse> My parents are both at work, so we should have a few undisturbed hours

<Hettienne> Damn, fancy digs >.>

<Korisse> If they come home, I'm afraid my father will want to start showing off all of his toys

<Hettienne> ...TOys? :3

<Aubrienne> Thanks again for setting this up, Korisse. I really appreciate it.

<Aubrienne> And, yeah, swank. :)

  • Aubrienne looks around admiringly.

<Korisse> he assumes anyone interested in picking up a piece must be an enthusiast...

<Aubrienne> Well, I guess it never hurts to be informed. ;)

<Korisse> it's no trouble at all

  • Korisse ushers you inside, out of the cold

<Korisse> The range is in the basement, of course

<Hettienne> Well I wouldn't mind checkin' out his collection if he gets home early... ;)

  • Hettienne shrugs out of her coat.

<Korisse> I'm sure he'd be thrilled to show you...

<Korisse> * servants appear to take your things

<Korisse> but if not I can show you some of them, at least

  • Aubrienne lets them, though she looks a little nervous about it.

<Aubrienne> Well, I don't know what I'm doing, but I expect this will be interesting regardless.

<Aubrienne> I'm just trying to be dangerous to the people I mean to be dangerous towards, rather than myself or, you know, bystanders.

<Korisse> he recently purchased an antique early magical pistol that was suposed to have belonged to Chancellor vak Andras, from Empress tristane's reign

  • Korisse nods to Aubrienne

<Korisse> well, certainly between hettie and I we can get you grounded in the basics!

<Korisse> She told me you didn't have your own yet, so I brought a few from my own collection

  • Aubrienne mimes firing a pistol

<Korisse> you can try them and see what you think

<Aubrienne> Sounds good.

<Aubrienne> (It occurs to me that, with Ghost Sound, Aubrienne can actually make a shot sound. :p)

<Korisse> (hee)

<Hettienne> I brought my baby :3

  • Korisse nods

<Hettienne> Never leave home without 'er...

<Korisse> of course....

<Korisse> oh yes, and whenever you'd like, we can take a break for some refreshments

<Aubrienne> Is that actually true?

  • Hettienne pulls her revolver out of her bag...
  • Aubrienne says to Hettie, playfully

<Aubrienne> Do you really take that everywhere?

<Hettienne> (something like this, but with a more lightningy motif than just the swirls TBJ24-G-F2-H_web.jpg)

<Hettienne> Fuck yeah I do!

  • Aubrienne grins

<Hettienne> THunder Cunt and I go way back...

<Korisse> it's enchanted, isn't it?

  • Aubrienne laughs

<Aubrienne> I forgot that's what it's called.

<Aubrienne> It remains the best name ever.

<Hettienne> Makes a real big bang if you get a good shot off.

<Hettienne> Ain't it though? :v

  • Korisse nods

<Hettienne> Oh and look what Nycki gave me...

  • Hettienne produces a box of bullets.
  • Korisse looks

<Hettienne> For those fey fucks.

<Korisse> are they iron?

<Hettienne> Yep.

<Korisse> hmm

  • Korisse picks up one

<Aubrienne> Oh. I was going to say, I thought bullets were pretty much for everybody.

<Korisse> that's effective versus the fey?

<Aubrienne> Those aren't exactly common, are they?

<Hettienne> So I'm told,,,

<Aubrienne> Yeah, they have a harder time defending against it.

<Korisse> mm, well, fortunately you have a good source - or two, it seems, for these sorts of things

  • Korisse rolls the bullet between ht fingers until the maker's stamp catches in the light, then drops it back in the box

<Aubrienne> Does your family make anything like that, Korisse? Maybe I should pick some up.

<Korisse> I don't think there are many types of modern munitions that we don't produce...

<Korisse> anything the government asks for, and some things they don't

<Hettienne> So... you could get us more o' these?

<Korisse> I imagine so, yes.

<Aubrienne> I get the feeling these might be useful for some people in the near future. :/

  • Korisse nods

<Korisse> well, for friends, I can certainly source some.

<Korisse> I don't think I could outfit a whole... I'm not even sure. Posse?

<Korisse> Hmm.

<Aubrienne> Posse?

  • Aubrienne shrugs

<Aubrienne> Better than 'mob', I guess.

<Korisse> I'll see what I can do, though, especially since you've both had to deal with them directly....

<Hettienne> I'd like to see Denise kitted if you can...

<Korisse> oh, yes...

<Hettienne> Some o' them messed her up pretty good t' other night

<Aubrienne> Denise carries? I knew her job was rough, I just thought she preferred...

  • Aubrienne mimes fisticuffs

<Korisse> is she all right?

<Hettienne> You can never be too prepared...

<Hettienne> She is now.

<Aubrienne> How's she doing?

<Aubrienne> Whew.

<Hettienne> One o' them.. like.. turned her into ice? I think?

<Korisse> o_O

<Hettienne> But they got a priest to fix it.

<Korisse> that's awful :o

<Korisse> poor girl!

<Aubrienne> This, well, this is why I asked to do this. This stuff is getting worse.

<Hettienne> she were proper rattled. :/

<Aubrienne> Turned all of her into ice?

<Aubrienne> Like, frozen solid?

<Hettienne> Yeah, but like, she could still move

<Hettienne> But then pieces would... break

  • Hettienne grimaces.
  • Aubrienne does likewise.
  • Korisse looks distressed but also maybe fascinated/curious

<Aubrienne> That's awful.

<Aubrienne> But you said she's okay now, right?

<Hettienne> Yeah.

<Hettienne> She was with Argent and that lot.

<Korisse> I'm very glad to hear it.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, he seems to be pretty good in a scrap, and I know he's got her back.

<Aubrienne> Everyone else okay? Dor's got a lot of folks over these days, it seems.

<Hettienne> Far as I know.

  • Hettienne shrugs.

<Aubrienne> That's good.

<Hettienne> Everyone's been showin' up for work, so... :v

<Aubrienne> Well, on that note, should we go shoot something?

<Hettienne> Hell yeah!

<Korisse> It seems so!

  • Korisse will taks us down to the range proper

<Korisse> alright

  • Aubrienne is happy to follow along

<Korisse> we have several kinds of targets.... you

<Korisse> ll have to excuse my father's sense of humor on some

<Aubrienne> How do you mean?

<Korisse> maybe we should just stick to the basic bullseyes

  • Aubrienne asks with a raised eyebrow.

<Hettienne> I wanna see!

<Korisse> they probably wouldn't be anyne you recognized

  • Korisse says, sounding embarassed

<Aubrienne> I'm with Hettie. You can't mention that and not show us. :)

<Korisse> except Galvin hest...

  • Korisse mentiones an older male movie star

<Korisse> I am really not certain of the story there

<Hettienne> Hah!

  • Aubrienne laughs

<Aubrienne> Hee, that's amazing.

  • Korisse shakes her head, but will take you over to see some of the targets that are liknesses of people her dad has felt like shooting for various reasns - mostly industry competitotrs, or psyran figure heads

<Aubrienne> Well, I guess so long as he's shooting at these and not their inspiration, no harm done. :)

<Korisse> oh there is also the monsters set

  • Korisse digs out the box

<Korisse> some of these are harder to set up though

<Aubrienne> Anything with antlers? We can pin them on one of these others...

  • Korisse smiles

<Korisse> I think there is at least a stag

  • Aubrienne grins

<Korisse> alright then...

<Korisse> though really - you're an illusionish, I'm sure you can provide us a more realistic image if you'd like!

  • Korisse can manage to jury rig an antlered dude target though :V

<Korisse> but first, let's go over some of the basics....

<Korisse> (illusionist >.>)

<Hettienne> Point at the thing you want to die. ;)

  • Hettienne idly snugs dogs
  • Korisse will make sure Aubrienne knows the basic names for the gun parts, and how to engage and disengage the safety

<Aubrienne> Okay, seems simple enough.

<Aubrienne> Now I shoot the thing?

<Korisse> It is all fairly straightforward, as hettie said....

<Korisse> yes

<Korisse> well.

<Korisse> if you like.

<Korisse> Or, you can point the gun and we can give you some tips before you fire?

<Hettienne> We could go first...

<Aubrienne> Okay, sure.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, that sounds good.

  • Korisse smiles at Hettie

<Aubrienne> I'll watch you guys and do what you do.

<Aubrienne> Well, attempt it, anyway.

<Korisse> Go ahead!

<Hettienne> A'ight...

  • Hettienne steps up, aims her revolver and... *BLAM*
  • Aubrienne flinches, but watches closely.

<Korisse> Oh! I do have ear protection, if anyone would like it...

  • Korisse says, a bit contrite, perhaps

<Aubrienne> That sounds like a good idea.

<Korisse> it can get quite loud

  • Aubrienne says a bit loudly.
  • Korisse will fetch some bog ol'e ear protectors then - not pretty, but effective

<Korisse> (big)

  • Korisse waves at Hettie to continue
  • Aubrienne will happily take a pair.

<Aubrienne> Thanks.

<Aubrienne> :)

<Hettienne> Fine, fine...

  • Hettienne puts them on.
  • Hettienne finishes unloading. THunder Cunt is very loud. :v
  • Korisse will unload her own revolver as well into another target
  • Korisse pushes back her ear muffs

<Korisse> did you want to try now?

<Korisse> there's plenty of annumition here, so dont' worry about that

  • Aubrienne looks a little unsure, but steps up to give it a try.

<Hettienne> Good times!

  • Hettienne grins as she pulls her earmuffs off
  • Aubrienne tries her best to stand in an approximation of the stances her friends use.

<Aubrienne> Like this?

  • Korisse nods
  • Aubrienne carefully fires off a shot, flinching a bit as the gun goes off.

<Korisse> mmm...

  • Korisse glances at hettie

<Korisse> you have very good aim!

  • Aubrienne grins.

<Hettienne> Well... I ain't exactly new at this ;)

<Korisse> oh, I meant Aubrienne.... Of course *you* do!

<Korisse> I was just wondering what you thought, I suppose

<Aubrienne> Well, like you said, it's mostly the one end points at what you want dead.

  • Korisse nods

<Korisse> you would be surprised though

<Korisse> some peopel don't know how to hold a gun safely

<Korisse> some of these revolvers can have quite a kick to them!

<Korisse> you could hurt your wrist

<Hettienne> Kids today.

  • Hettienne shakes her head.

<Aubrienne> Lamenting our deficient education?

<Korisse> well, it isn't always thier fault

<Korisse> some of the things they put in movies are terrible

<Aubrienne> This wasn't exactly something my parents had in mind for me.

<Hettienne> FOr one thing, they always sound like a damn cork poppin'.

<Hettienne> Or might as well be.

<Aubrienne> Of course, neither was stage performing, so, eh.

  • Korisse nods sympathetically

<Aubrienne> Well, not everyone has an illusionist on staff.

  • Aubrienne points her finger at the target and Ghost Sounds a gunshot.
  • Korisse nods idly

<Aubrienne> You have to make do. I know Korisse and 'Bern were big on trying to avoid leaning on magic for ev'rything.

<Hettienne> (scratch what I said about sounds, lol)

<Hettienne> (I forgot we don't have sound yet )

<DiablotinNarrator> (they could have people in the theater to do sounds!)

<Aubrienne> (But places might have people on hand to do effects :))

<DiablotinNarrator> (like they have someone to play piano or whatever :)

  • Korisse nods

<Hettienne> (yeah...ok then... un scratch it :v)

<DiablotinNarrator> (at least in the fancier places ;)

<Aubrienne> (In which case, yeah, I'm sure most of them sound like corks)

<Korisse> they could have a recording, it wouldn't be difficult to capture!

  • Korisse sighs

<Korisse> in anycase

<Aubrienne> Old arguments, Korisse?

  • Aubrienne smiles indulgently.

<Korisse> I meant more the techniques - jjust the way some of the leads hold their weapons is sloppy

<Korisse> you can certainly tell the ones who are vetrans, these days

  • Aubrienne 's smile fades.

<Aubrienne> Yeah.

<Korisse> :/

<Korisse> but... yes, just copy what you saw Hettie or I do

<Aubrienne> All right.

<Korisse> and just squeeze the trigger, dont' jerk it or pull it

  • Aubrienne slips back on her ear protection and resumes a firing stance.

<Korisse> it should be fairly fluid

<Aubrienne> Okay!

  • Korisse will make a few minor adjustments to your stance, pulling your shoulder s pac and raising your arms a hair more, that sort of thing

<Hettienne> Brie ain't about jerkin' and pullin' :v

  • Aubrienne waits for Korisse to finish, then begins squeezing off the rest of the load, growing in confidence with each shot.

<Aubrienne> (hee!)

  • Korisse rolls her eyes and bluses slightly

<Aubrienne> I think it's safe to say my talents lie in other directions.

<Aubrienne> It's all about finesse. ;)

<Korisse> yes, quite!

<Korisse> I think you are better t this than you feared, in any case

<Hettienne> You're a natural!

  • Korisse nods

<Aubrienne> Well swell. :)

<Aubrienne> Hopefully those iron bullets will do something to that horned bastard if we see him again.

<Korisse> yes, quite!

<Korisse> did you want to try a few more times?

<Aubrienne> Uh, yes. I want to try all the times. :D

  • Korisse smiles

<Hettienne> Let's go! :D

  • Korisse will get us set up with more ammo, and make sure aubrienne knows how to reload and such

<Korisse> (do we have more to do for gun things? Korisse can show you some of her father's fancy gun collection ;)

<Hettienne> Once you know what you want, I can show you how to clean it an' all.

<Korisse> yes, care is important

<Aubrienne> What's good? I mean, this is fine, but I don't really know the difference between these things.

<Korisse> do you want to try some different ones?

<Hettienne> I like a revolver... Most bang for your buck while still bein' reasonably portable an'... discreet.

  • Korisse nods

<Korisse> but even among revolvers there can be a fair amount of variety...

  • Hettienne nods.
  • Korisse will get out some more gund for Aubrienne to try and we can ignore the fact that all guns have the same stats ;0

<Hettienne> (I was gonna say, lol)

<Aubrienne> I talked with Geffard about it a little, and he said there are a lot of guns being decommissioned you can pick up for cheap.

  • Korisse nods

<Korisse> not all of them have been well cared for - we can tell you what to avoid

<Aubrienne> Great. :)

<Korisse> the best made ones will still be expensive

<Korisse> (masterwork :V)

  • Aubrienne will give several guns a try

<Aubrienne> Well, that's sort of the way with everything. ;)

<Korisse> indeed!

<Korisse> (sec)

<Korisse> (back)

  • Korisse can show you her father;s crazy collection but doens't have the feats to use them ;p
  • Hettienne will ooh and ahh over them
  • Aubrienne will be mystified but entertained

<Korisse> did you want to go upstairs for some refreshments?

<Korisse> I admit there was something else I wanted to ask you about, Aubrienne...

<Aubrienne> Sounds good. I think I could use a drink.

<Aubrienne> Oh?

<Korisse> a work thing...

<Aubrienne> I'm listening... :)

  • Korisse will get us installed in one of the sitting room with drinks

<Korisse> I've had an idea for a new movie

<Korisse> A....thriller of sorts, perhaps

<Korisse> exploring, hmm, the irrationality of fear

<Aubrienne> Oh, interesting.

<Korisse> I want to use a shadar-kai actor....

<Aubrienne> Oh you do, do you?

  • Aubrienne grins

<Aubrienne> I think I might know a guy...

  • Korisse nods

<Korisse> I hoped you might say so...

<Aubrienne> I'd actually been meaning to talk to you about something related.

<Korisse> oh?

<Aubrienne> I get that my act isn't actually the type material you go for, but I'm a solid actor and, well, there's been some talk recently that we might need to, ah, diversify from the club.

  • Korisse nods

<Aubrienne> Not to mention, as much as I love the place...I'd kind of like to get some other things going. I don't want to be an employee there forever.

<Aubrienne> Or, rather, I don't just want to be that. :)

<Korisse> I see...

<Korisse> well - you are a very strong actor

<Aubrienne> I don't mean to impose, just, if you know anyone looking for people...

<Aubrienne> *shrugs*

<Aubrienne> Give me a shout, you know?

<Korisse> no, I think this might work well

<Aubrienne> Oh?

<Korisse> I was hoping to find a shadar kai who was used to working with humans

<Korisse> I hadn't thought it was something you would be interested in!

<Korisse> but, possibly

<Aubrienne> I think Jed would be happy to have a job where he ends the day still in his clothes.

<Aubrienne> He'll save it for the afterparty.

  • Korisse smiles and blushes again

<Aubrienne> So, do you have a script already, or are you still plotting?

<Korisse> I have it mostly finished, but these things are under constant revision

<Korisse> especially once I know who myb actors are, I like to revise

<Aubrienne> Well, we try to change up the act as often as we can, so we're game for anything.

  • Korisse nods

<Korisse> I can send you what I have, to see what yout think

<Korisse> I have some other things I need to bring together before the project can go ahead.... but I can at least get you both in foe some camera tests

<Aubrienne> Sounds great. :D

  • Korisse nods

<Korisse> oh good then!

<Korisse> I would love to work with you again...

  • Aubrienne smirks

<Aubrienne> You should get Hettie to do costumes. It'd be like getting the old gang back together. :)

  • Korisse smiles at Hettie

<Aubrienne> Well, okay, maybe to design costumes. I imagine a movie requires a lot of pieces.

  • Rumor (~Rumor@63.142.161.25) has joined #changeling
  • ChanServ sets mode: +o Rumor
  • Rum (~Rumor@24-212-231-234.cable.teksavvy.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 202 seconds�)

<Korisse> I'm sure we could work something out...

  • Korisse considers

<Hettienne> You'd really pick me to do that? >.>

<Korisse> why not?

<Hettienne> Well... I dunno!

<Korisse> you have an excellent eye

<Korisse> This wouldn't require anything too complicated, I don't think.... perhaps in some of the fantasy segments.

<Hettienne> I'd love to give it a whack... :D

<Aubrienne> Keen!

  • Korisse smiles
  • Aubrienne grins.

<Korisse> This will be wonderful!

<Hettienne> Imagine, seein' *my* stuff on the big screen...

<Korisse> it can be quite shocking!

<Korisse> hopefully we can work around your schedules at work.... you might need to take some time off, though


<Korisse> but let me send the script - and you shoud talk to Jed as well, of course!

<Aubrienne> I think that's doable for me, and I really hope it is for Hettie. :)

<Aubrienne> I will, of course, but I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

<Korisse> Perfect. Then - shoudl we finish our drinks, and go back down stairs?

<Hettienne> Sounds great!

<Aubrienne> Here here! :)