Diablotin 3 session 1

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 3 session logs
Session 1 Next

Summary

Titania's Cabaret suffers a series of unfortunate events, resulting in the death of one patron, and the mysterious disappearance of the red-haired Psyrene Songbird, Eirini.

Session

Session date: October 5, 2014
Diablotin date: 1st of Ninth-month, 2280

Prologue

<DiablotinNarrator> It is the 1st of Ninth-Month, in the city that rules the greatest Empire in the world. Tonight, like most nights, Diablotin is alive with the sounds of music and laughter. Titania's Cabaret is one of the hotspots of the city's night-life, crowded with guests and noisy with lively music.

<DiablotinNarrator> The staff are busy setting things up, as the club has just opened and the sun has just set.

<DiablotinNarrator> Along with the usual acts, there is a guest performer scheduled tonight, a singer from Pysra named Eirini.

<DiablotinNarrator> Some of the staff have grumbled a little about this, but are mostly keeping it between themselves for now.

Zola, Aubrienne and Hugo

  • Zola is instead eager to see the performance from the other side of the Empire!

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, you could have a chance to talk to her before she performs if you wanted

  • Aubrienne will make an effort to be polite and welcoming
  • Zola will invite Aubrienne and any other supportive performers along to welcome her
  • Gen quietly goes about her business of setting tables, etc. She will do her best not to think about the slick on the stage tonight.
  • Eirini has been given one of the larger guest dressing rooms for tonight
  • Zola will ask Aubrienne if she knows Psyrene?
  • Dorien starts setting up his small display for the evening on the far end of the main bar. He is interested to see Eirini's act, but doesn't give much more thought to the newcomer.
  • Aubrienne will answer Zola in the affirmative

<Zola> Excellent :)

  • Zola leads the way
  • Aubrienne will try to have a short chat on the way

<Aubrienne> So, people seem pretty tense having her perform tonight.

<Zola> Yes, well, they don't even know her, so it's stupid.

  • Aubrienne shrugs

<Zola> We have to move on eventually... you can't just hate another part of the Empire forever.

<Aubrienne> I guess it's different for the people who were over there.

<Aubrienne> I can understand that, I just don't want any trouble.

  • Hugonel strolls down the hall, cane in hand.

<Aubrienne> Good evening, Hugo.

<Zola> Huuugo, darling, we're going to say hello to Eirini, did you want to come with?

  • Aubrienne smiles brightly at the emcee.

<Hugonel> Yes, I suppose so. I need to speak with her, at any rate, to see how she is to be introduced tonight.

<Hugonel> Especially, one would think, due to the, shall we say, rather sensitive nature of her position.

<Hugonel> One must of course think of how she will be received.

<Aubrienne> We were just talking about that.

<Aubrienne> You don't think people are going to make a scene or anything, do you?

<Hugonel> Goodness, I can't imagine that ... at a *bar*, with *liquor*, that there could be drunks? Wheel forfend!

<Zola> Well we have security if anyone gets too rowdy.

<Hugonel> At any rate, whatever our personal opinions of the matter, it is my job to ensure that this goes off unproblematically.

  • Aubrienne looks troubled

<Aubrienne> Well, shall we?

  • Zola offers her arm to Hugo and gestures towards the green room or dressing room, whichever she's in

<Hugonel> Yes, of course.

  • Hugonel takes Zola's arm and heads off.
  • Eirini is not in the green room, so presumably still in her dressing room
  • Eirini 's door is shut when you arrive

<Zola> Oh, do you know Psyrene, Hugo?

  • Zola whispers
  • Hugonel raps lightly three times on the door with his cane.

<Hugonel> Of course.

  • Hugonel tries not to sound too offended.
  • Zola turns back towards the door to greet the singer.
  • Eirini opens the door, perhaps a bit cautiously, to see who is there
  • Zola smiles broadly
  • Zola switches to Psyrene. "Good evening!"
  • Eirini is not the stereotypical swarthy, dark-haired Psyrene, but rather has long red hair and a rosy complexion.
  • Eirini appears to be in her mid-twenties or so

<Eirini> <Psyrene> Good evening.

  • Eirini responds in the same language, since you started it

<Aubrienne> <Psyrene> Welcome to Titania's.

<Zola> <Psyrene> Yes! We're looking forward to your performance :)

<Eirini> <Psyrene> Oh, thank you :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, please make a Perception check

<Hugonel> <Psyrene> Indeed. Welcome, and best wishes from all the staff. I am Hugonel Silveira, the master of ceremonies for your performance tonight.

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+4

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 12 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, there is something vaguely familiar about her. You don't actually think you've ever met her before, but just something about her reminds you of someone else you can't quite put your finger on.

<Hugonel> <Psyrene> Is this your first visit to the city?

<Zola> <q,Psyrene> You're not going to introduce us, Hugo?

  • Zola elbows him gently

<Hugonel> Ah, yes, of course, how rude of me.

<Hugonel> Here we have Aubrienne Romilly, our gifted magician and skilled weaver of entertaining artifices.

<Aubrienne> <Psyrene> A pleasure to meet you.

<Eirini> <Psyrene> Likewise

<Hugonel> <Psyrene> And, of course, you must meet Zola, whose musical gifts I shall be praising alongside your own this evening.

  • Zola smiles modestly. "I'm excited to hear your performance!"

<Eirini> <Psyrene> Charmed, of course. I will also enjoy hearing yours, I'm sure.

<Eirini> <Psyrene> In answer to your earlier question, yes, it is my first time in the capital - I was uncertain at first about whether it would be a good idea.

<Eirini> <Psyrene> Things are still so... tense.

  • Aubrienne looks unsure for a moment, then covers with a bigger smile.

<Aubrienne> <Psyrene> But this is the sort of thing that will help that.

<Hugonel> <Psyrene> Well, yes, quite. But your presence here, we may hope, shall be a healing note to bring a denouement to an era of discord.

  • Zola nods in agreement

<Eirini> <Psyrene> May I ask, were you injured in the war?

  • Eirini inquires, gesturing to Hugo's cane

<Hugonel> <Psyrene> Ah, no, my lady. My leg is actually quite well. An affectation, these days. A habit, born of times best forgotten.

<Zola> <Psyrene> I think it's quite stylish.

<Eirini> <Psyrene> Very good, then... I'm relieved to hear it.

  • Eirini meets your eyes and smiles, a bit flirtatiously you think, Hugo

<Hugonel> <Psyrene> May I ask, how is it that you wish to be introduced this evening? Is there a way that I can help to ensure a good reception for your performance?

  • Hugonel always smiles at a pretty lady.

<Eirini> <Psyrene> Oh... I'm not sure. You'll have to say that I'm from Psyra, of course. 'Psyrene Song-bird' perhaps?

  • Eirini seems a bit amused at that
<Hugonel>

Perhaps, yes. "Has fluttered in on the east wind ..."

  • Hugonel muses aloud, planning his script.
  • Aubrienne smirks
<DiablotinNarrator> Can you all please roll a Will save, DC 14, as you stand there talking with her <DiablotinNarrator> (you all meaning the 3 of you, not everyone :) <Zola> (Charm or compulsion?) <DiablotinNarrator> (why yes) <Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+3
  • Zola rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 16 ].
<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+2
  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+2 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 2 ] totals [ 10 ].
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+7 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 7 ] totals [ 27 ]
<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, you are certainly intrigued by this very CHARMING young lady. <DiablotinNarrator> the others of you are indifferent to her... charms :)
  • Zola is quite friendly regardless!
<Hugonel> <Psyrene> My lady, please, may I ask, is there anything that I can do for you, in advance of your performance, to ease your spirit? <Hugonel> <Psyrene> I should want to be entirely accommodating to your desires.
  • Aubrienne gives Zola a questioning look after glance at Hugo
<Aubrienne> Maybe I should go be preparing for my own act... <Eirini> <Psyrene> Well, I don't know most of the people here - if you have time, perhaps you could conduct me on a brief tour, let me know who the other performers and staff are :) <Hugonel> <Psyrene> But of course! How rude that I should not have already offered to do so! <Zola> <Psyrene> I'll leave you in his capable hands, then. See you on the stage :) <Eirini> <Psyrene> Thank you, so kind! Such a warm welcome :) <Aubrienne> <Psyrene> I really should be getting ready. It was lovely to meet you, and I hope your time here is...pleasant.
  • Eirini is pleased to take Hugo's arm and venture off on a 'tour'.. or whatever >.>
  • Aubrienne winks at Hugo as surreptitiously as possible
<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - on to some other stuff, then :)
  • Zola follows Aubrienne away.
<DiablotinNarrator> (if Zola and Aubrienne want to chat, you guys could go in #gnomeland or whatever :)

Argent and Denise (and the mob)

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you are just getting your tables for the evening, as people are beginning to take seats, place orders for food and drink

<DiablotinNarrator> ... I forget, do you have anything like K: Nobility or such that would be useful for knowing who the really important tables are?

  • Argent lacks knowledge nobility, but he may be able to spot the richer and more snooty of the folks

<DiablotinNarrator> K: Local might help too

<Argent> (neither skill, but I can attempt a straight roll of the DC is 10 or less)

<DiablotinNarrator> sure, that's worth a shot

<Argent> !roll 1d20

<DiablotinNarrator> this is not a hard check :)

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 1 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> hahahah

<DiablotinNarrator> okay then

  • Argent goes about his work, unaware of the status of his patrons

<Denise> (come wait on your friennnnds ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> One of your tables has two men at it - late twenties or so, very well-dressed. They order an expensive bottle of wine, so they are probably quite rich, you can tell that much.

  • Argent will ply his attention on them

<DiablotinNarrator> After you've taken their initial order for drinks, they ask you to give them a moment to think about food.

  • Argent nods and wanders off, but keeps an eye for them to drop thier menues

<Argent> (anyone I know around?)

<Denise> ( :D )

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise is at a table with Ander and another member of the Mala Tajna named Ralf

  • Argent will slip over then

<DiablotinNarrator> As you're moving through the tables, one of the other waiters, Ghiles, catches your eye and beckons you over

  • Argent will alter course
  • Denise waves, but shrugs as you get beckoned away

<Argent> what's up?

<Ghiles> Can we switch tables?

  • Argent glances back to Denise

<Argent> why? something wrong?

  • Argent tries to read his mood

<Ghiles> No, nothing... Look, I'll give you that one in trade for the princes.

  • Ghiles gestures to a table with a lively party of presumably-rich young folks

<Ghiles> They're already halfway towards getting drunk, they'll probably leave you a huge tip and not even notice.

  • Ghiles wheedles

<Argent> fine... but you owe me, and if this doesn't work out for me, don't think ill forget.

<Ghiles> I definitely owe you one. Thanks!

  • Ghiles gets the relevant info about what they've already asked for, and tells you a few words about the table you're taking in exchange

<Ghiles> They're Silveiras, plus their friends and whatever, but mostly Silveiras - they'll tip well, I promise.

<Argent> (do I feel like im being set up for something --- so suspicious)

<Argent> (or is he just being greedy?)

<Argent> (SM?)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can roll on that

<Argent> !roll 1d20+12

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+12 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 12 ] totals [ 32 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> You have the feeling that a party of 2 princes is probably easier to take care of than a group of like 6 rowdy drunk nobles, so maybe he's just being lazy. But the larger group of nobles are likely to leave a bigger tip, even if they're more work. But you suspect that really, he wants to wait on the princes for some other reason - like to make a connection with one or both of them in some way.

<Argent> (no nefarious... fine whatever)

<DiablotinNarrator> It could be a romantic interest, or something more mercenary, not positive. Knowing him, possibly both ;p

  • Argent nods good luck to him and heads over to Denise

<Denise> hey Argent :)

<Argent> Hey girl :)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, Ander and Ralf are talking about some boring business stuff, so it's a nice change to have Argent to chat to for a moment

<Denise> how's things?

<Denise> anything fun on tonight?

<Denise> well I guess its all fun, but you know

<Argent> some Psyrian singer while I wage slave

<Denise> huh

<Argent> but that table may at least tip well.

  • Argent gestures to the 6 rowdy nobles

<Denise> yeah, hopefully they ain't dicks

<Argent> I can handle them, even if they are

<Denise> yeah I bet!

<Denise> they get outta hand I can come help you out ;)

  • Denise jokes

<Argent> offer always appreciated but I doubt things will go that far

<Argent> been staying busy yourself?

<Denise> ahh well, you know

  • Denise glances at Ander and Ralf's conference
  • Argent nods

<Denise> quiet night so far!

<Argent> Im sure ill get a break sometime, ill nab a pint to split.

<Denise> yeah :D

<Denise> Always room at the table for another Rat ^-^

<Argent> this one has to avoid some ire so better get back to it.

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you can see the table of rowdy nobles are tossing their menus aside, seemingly ready to order

<Denise> gotcha

<Denise> Say hi to aunt Hettie for me if you see her?

<Argent> you bet

  • Argent heads back to work
  • Denise waves again then

<DiablotinNarrator> The nobles turn to you as you approach the table, ready to take their orders, and one of them sort of chuckles in your direction

  • Argent does not respond to the chuckle

<Nobleman> Flor, is that one of your other long-lost half-brothers? Look at his hair!

  • Florent Silveira just sort of shrugs, indifferent

<Argent> Hi, im Jean and i'll be taking over your service for the evening.

<Nobleman> Well, we know how he probably got this job, anyway... your sister must have picked him out

  • Nobleman says over your intro

<Florent> Shut up

  • Florent says more firmly to him

<Argent> (just think about the tip...)

  • Florent starts ordering, thankfully, cutting off whatever other jokes his friends might have been going to make about his extended family situation ;p
  • Argent does his best to keep everything civil and efficient

<DiablotinNarrator> You more or less manage, despite their obvious pre-drinking ;)

Hettie and Gen

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you've managed to grab a moment to yourself, sneaking to one of the backstage doors for a short drink

  • Gen takes out her flask and has a swallow. Or two.

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, meanwhile, you've just finished sewing up one of the dancer's skirts which she managed to tear just before going on, and are now taking a bit of a breather after that rush

<Hettienne> Clumsy girl...

<DiablotinNarrator> Could each of you make a Perception check, please

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+6

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 8 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 14 ].

<Gen> !roll 1d20

  • Zola rolls for Gen: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 3 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay

  • Gen is staring at the stars, what can be seen of them with all the light pollution, anyway.

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen, you see some motion out of the corner of your eye - inside the building. Maybe someone's approaching, or going to catch you drinking!

  • Gen hurriedly tries to put her flask away!

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you see something zip along the hallway at about knee-level. You have no idea what it was, it was moving so fast.

<Hettienne> ... The fuck?

  • Hettienne moves down the hall, scowling.

<Hettienne> (do I smell anything funny?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (welll.... Gen is nearby with her flask.. whether you can smell the booze, not sure ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> (but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary)

<Hettienne> (I mean with Scent)

<DiablotinNarrator> (ah, right)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+6

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 19 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Something smells sort of like... trees/woods/outdoors. Which is odd for where you are, of course.

  • Hettienne frowns some more, and continues in the direction she saw... whatever it was go.

<DiablotinNarrator> That will take you past Gen as she stands in the doorway (which is the middle one off the hallway at the top of the plan)

<Hettienne> You see something go by here?

<DiablotinNarrator> you're coming from the right of there, and you think the thing moved that general way and maybe turned the corner to go towards the dressing rooms etc.

<Gen> Huh? No, sorry.

<Hettienne> An animal or somethin'?

  • Gen closes the door and turns to Hettie.

<Gen> No, sorry.

  • Gen repeats.
  • Hettienne sniffs.
  • Gen hopes Hettie isn't catching the booze smell. :o
  • Hettienne looks down towards the dressing room.

<Hettienne> ... What're you doin' back here?

<Gen> Needed some fresh air.

<Hettienne> Uh-huh.

<Gen> At least I don't take 40 minutes at it.

  • Gen shrugs.

<Gen> I'd better get back to work.

  • Hettienne takes a few steps toward the dressing room, narrowing her eyes... any more signs of movement?
  • Gen turns toward the kitchens, then pauses because Hettie is acting a little weird.

<DiablotinNarrator> You walk through the door, taking a look to the left and right as you go. With the dancers and musicians on stage at the moment, the dressing room area is more quiet, apart from the main acts. To your left, the door to the special effects room is open, and there's some noises coming from there, but that's not unusual.

<Hettienne> Well.

<DiablotinNarrator> (so basically you're in 18 now, looking down that hallway to your right, and to the door on your left)

<Hettienne> 'S queer, innit.

  • Gen shrugs.

<DiablotinNarrator> There's also the staircase leading down to the basement there

  • Hettienne sticks her head into the special effects room.

<Gen> You all right?

<Hettienne> Saw somethin' in the hallway, like a cat or... I dunno.

<Hettienne> Fast.

  • Valerien is in there doing... whatever special effects people do. He looks up, pushing his goggles onto his head.

<Valerien> Anything wrong, Hettie?

  • Gen is torn between trying to puzzle out Hettie's behaviour and going back to work.

<Hettienne> Thought I saw somethin' in the hallway... maybe it went downstairs.

<Hettienne> Gonna make sure it's not a stray dog or somethin.

<Gen> A cat wouldn't be so bad. There's mice in the storerooms.

<Hettienne> . o O (but I don't think so >.>)

<Valerien> What sort of something?

<Gen> Maybe Tits got one to keep them down.

<Hettienne> Didn't smell like no inside cat.

  • Hettienne heads down the stairs.

<Valerien> Do you need a hand?

  • Valerien calls after you

<Hettienne> Nah.

  • Hettienne waves her hand dismissively as she goes.
  • Gen exchanges glances with Valerien and shrugs once more, then heads back down the hall toward the kitchen.
  • Valerien returns to his work, then...

Hettie, Zola, and Lathra

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie, you head down into the club's basement

<DiablotinNarrator> It's a maze of hallways and storage rooms and pipes and boilers and so on down there

  • Hettienne glances around and crinkles up her nose to see if she can catch that outdoorsy smell again.

<DiablotinNarrator> It's also poorly lit, but you can try to scent for anything odd.

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+6

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 19 ].

<Hettienne> (I have low light vision :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (right right :)

<DiablotinNarrator> You do catch another whiff of that weird smell, like leaves underfoot in the fall, or dried up twigs or something.

  • Hettienne follows it with caution.

<DiablotinNarrator> It leads you towards the boiler room

<DiablotinNarrator> The door is slightly ajar, which you think is not usual.

  • Hettienne draws a knife and pokes the door open slowly.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a Stealth check for opening it quietly/sneakily

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+8

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+8 ] getting [ 3 ] which, after the modifier [ 8 ] totals [ 11 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> The door creaks on its poorly-oiled hinges, and you get a look at ... something

<Hettienne> (...something? )

<DiablotinNarrator> (describing, sec)

<Hettienne> (kk)

<DiablotinNarrator> It's about 2, 2 1/2 feet tall, and looks like a little scrawny ... elf or something? pointy ears, anyway, and it has a big fuckin' creepy smile with pointy teeth. It was just doing something with the boiler, you think, but as you interrupt it, it flashes out of sight.

<Hettienne> SHITTING VOIDING FUCK!

<Hettienne> O_o

<Hettienne> Ugh.

  • Hettienne draws her gun.

<Hettienne> HEY

<Hettienne> HEY YOU

<DiablotinNarrator> You have no idea where it went. You didn't see it blur out of sight this time, it just disappeared into thin air.

<Hettienne> Ffffffack.

  • Hettienne heads back to the stairs.

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<Hettienne> HEY. SOMEONE GET DOWN HERE!!

  • Hettienne yells at the top of her lungs.

<DiablotinNarrator> well, probably the closest person to hear that is Valerien, followed closely by Julian who is also nearby, so they'll come running

<Hettienne> I just saw some kinda... fuckin' ugly elf thing messin' with the boiler.

<DiablotinNarrator> (If you're a performer and backstage, you can also make a Per check to see if you heard Hettie yelling over the noise of the club)

<DiablotinNarrator> (I think that means Zola, and ... maybe Aubrienne if she's back from talking to Dorien by now)

<Zola> (24 apparently)

<DiablotinNarrator> (Hugo is... otherwise occupied >.>)

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+3

  • Zola rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 5 ].

<Aubrienne> Nope!

<Aubrienne> Didn't hear a thing.

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra too, since she would be backstage in the event someone twists their ankle or something ;)

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+5

  • Zola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 22 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> okay, Lathra you def. heard some yelling

  • Lathra goes to check it out, concerned

<DiablotinNarrator> and Zola as well, if you got a 24 :)

  • Zola peeks her head out of her dressing room

<Zola> Is someone hurt?

  • Zola asks Lathra

<Lathra> I don't know - they were calling for people

  • Lathra hurries downstairs

<Hettienne> ... SO yeah, I dunno what it was doing.

<Hettienne> Like ... a snaggle toothed midget elf... thing.

  • Zola will follow to see.

<Hettienne> Ugh.

  • Julian and Valerian are having a look at the boiler

<Julian> Well, fucking this up, for one thing

  • Hettienne stands behind them, standing on her toes to look over their shoudlers.

<Hettienne> (shoulders)

<Hettienne> How bad?

<Julian> If no one had noticed? Bad.

<Julian> I can put it to rights.

<Lathra> Did someone mess with the boiler?

  • Hettienne scowls.

<Hettienne> Something did...

<Valerien> Whatever you saw upstairs?

<Hettienne> Yeah.

<Zola> What, an animal got in?

<Zola> :o

<Hettienne> It weren't no animal.

<Zola> What was it?

<Hettienne> It was a little creature o' sorts.

<Hettienne> Ugliest fuckin' elf you ever saw, about so high.

<Zola> D:

  • Hettienne holds her hand down to about knee height.
  • Lathra make a O_o face

<Hettienne> And it fuckin disappeared into thin air, right while I was standin' here.

<Valerien> Turned invisible, maybe?

<Zola> What else did it look like?

  • Valerien suggests

<Valerien> If so it could still be down here

<Hettienne> Uhhh... scrawny, pointy teeth...

<Valerien> Maybe we ought to get security

  • Zola casts detect magic

<Lathra> I'll see if I can find it... I might be able to.

  • Lathra casts Detect Magic

<Hettienne> (Can I still smell it?)

<Zola> (Can I get a Knowledge check on it based on her description?)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+6

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 6 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 12 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> no clue

<DiablotinNarrator> and Hettie - you can still smell the scent lingering the area, yeah.

<Hettienne> I can still smell it...

<Zola> Doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of. What's it smell like?

<Julian> I'm gonna be here for a bit. case it comes back.

<Hettienne> Like outside.

  • Julian says, taking a wrench to the boiler

<Hettienne> Dry leaves an' twigs and stuff.

<Zola> Huh

<Valerien> I'll let Geff know.

  • Valerien heads back upstairs to alert the head of security
  • Zola sticks with Hettie for now.
  • Lathra also casts Detect Evil, and starts poking around in corners.

<DiablotinNarrator> (just checking on your DMs)

<Lathra> (np)

<DiablotinNarrator> Your detect magics don't pick up on anything out of the ordinary, but Lathra, your detect evil does

<Lathra> I can feel something here...

<Hettienne> Where?

<DiablotinNarrator> There's a lingering faint evil in this room, and as you scan around with it, you get a faint ping down the hallway towards the stairs

<Hettienne> I don't like shit what I can't see...

<Lathra> It went this way...

  • Lathra follows it quickly down the hall

<Hettienne> Well at least it won't be messin' with the furnace no more.

  • Hettienne follows after Lathra.

<Zola> ...what?

  • Zola follows!

<Julian> Yeah, I'm gonna be here - and hopefully a security guard can be posted too

<Lathra> Whaatever it is it's something nasty.

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay... let's leave you guys tracking the... whatever it is, and hop back upstairs for a moment :)

Dorien

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien, you are hanging out at your usual post near the bar, keeping up a pretty steady stream of customers - it's a good night so far

  • Dorien tries to remember to smile at the customers.
  • Neva the bartender knows you and knows what you do, and more or less puts up with you as long as you don't get in her way ;)

<Neva> Shit.

  • Neva says quietly to herself, messing with the taps
  • Dorien looks up from his customer and turns to Neva. "What's up?"

<DiablotinNarrator> Something's wrong with the lines, I guess - nothing's coming out. I checked them before the shift and they were all fine.

<DiablotinNarrator> (ww)

<Neva> Something's wrong with the lines, I guess - nothing's coming out. I checked them before the shift and they were all fine.

  • Neva demonstrates by trying to pour you a pint and nothing but air hisses out

<Neva> We can't be empty on everything, not this early.

<Dorien> Want me to take a look? Might be a cinch in the line or something?

<Neva> I guess. In the meanwhile, I'll push wine I guess. We have a new case we just got in, I can crack that open.

  • Neva goes to do that

<Dorien> Just let people know I'll be right back...

  • Dorien takes off his apron and heads to the equipment room (or wherever the drink lines would be)

<Neva> Sure, whatever

<DiablotinNarrator> Down in the basement, Dorien :D

  • Dorien heads to the basement, then >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> You're just heading down there and Geff, the head of security, is already in the stairwell, also heading down apparently

<Geff> I'd stay out of here if I were you

  • Geff says warningly

<Dorien> Hey Geff, something wrong down there?

<Geff> You could say that.

<Geff> Might be nothing.

<Dorien> Well, the beer lines aren't working. I was gonna try to get them working. Is it dangerous?

<Geff> Having no beer might be dangerous, if the crowd gets wind of it

  • Geff says dryly

<Dorien> No kidding

<Geff> Neva asked you to check on it?

  • Dorien shrugs. "More or less."
  • Geff arches an eyebrow slightly at that

<Dorien> I volunteered. I don't think she'd ask me to open a bottle if she had a choice.

<Geff> Look - you don't work here. I don't have to let you down here. I'd kick you out on your ass except that apparently some folks want you around.

<Dorien> Look, I'm just trying to help. If you don't want me to, then you can explain to Neva why she's dealing with pissed off customers all night.

  • Geff sighs

<Geff> if Neva needs a hand... fine. Just hurry up.

  • Dorien flips on the lights and throws Geff a quick sarcastic salute as he heads down.
  • Geff follows you, probably just to go do whatever he was going to do anyway, and not solely to keep an eye on you

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Dorien, you can go take a look at the kegs/lines going up to the bar and see if you can see anything odd

<DiablotinNarrator> Use Tech. Device would be a good thing to roll for this :)

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+9

  • Zola rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 13 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 22 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay :)

<DiablotinNarrator> You can see right away that it looks like someone's tampered with the lines - bent them, some outright detached, etc.

<DiablotinNarrator> It should be possible to fix it all but it would take a bit of time. It's up to you if you want to try.

<Dorien> Hey Geff... who's been down here recently?

<Geff> By reports, a "creepy little elf".

  • Geff says dryly.
  • Dorien raises an eyebrow

<Geff> Yeah, I don't know either.

<Geff> But obviously someone's been fucking around with this, and that's not good.

<Dorien> Yeah, whatever it was it fucked up the lines pretty good. This might take a while. Wanna go see if any of the tech people can give me a hand?

<Geff> I'll get word out - but I ought to go check on the boiler room first. I hear there's problems there too.

<Dorien> Dorien sighs.

<Dorien> All right, I'll see what I can do from here.

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can do that as /me sighs for the * effect :)

<Dorien> (...I did...)

<Geff> (oh... it just didn't go through?)

<Dorien> (huh...)

<Dorien> (It went through on my screen)

  • Geff gives you a curt nod, presuming you're not going to fuck things up worse, at least, and will head off with his flashlight and his gun to check on whatever else is going wrong down here

Denise

<DiablotinNarrator> Meanwhile back upstairs...

<DiablotinNarrator> (Leaving Dorien alone in the creepy basement ;)

<Dorien> (>.>)

<DiablotinNarrator> Denise, the show is okay tonight, nothing you haven't seen before, but it's not bad

  • Denise tries not to chew on her hair >.>
  • Ander 's glass of beer is empty, and he gives you a charming smile

<Ander> Hey, sweetheart, do you mind going and getting us another round?

<Denise> yeah... I'm on it boss ^-^

<Denise> usual?

<Ander> Yeah, please.

  • Denise will get up, glad for the chance to stretch her legs at least
  • Denise will head over to the bar, probably taking a slightly longer route to say hi to anyone she knows and hasn't checked in with yet

<DiablotinNarrator> At the bar, Neva is standing there looking a bit frazzled.

<Denise> Three of the usual please :)

<Neva> I wish I could, hon. We're having some technical difficulties.

<Neva> How about a bottle of wine instead?

<Denise> uh, oh...

  • Denise glances back to her table to see if she can catch Ander's eye
  • Ander is deep in conversation and doesn't seem to notice

<Denise> Um... I...guess?

<Denise> How long is it gonna be?

<Neva> Not sure. Dorien went down there to look in on it about five, ten minutes ago, hasn't come back yet.

  • Neva gets you a bottle of wine
  • Denise has no idea from wine
  • Denise takes it

<Neva> Look - I'll give you a discount on this, since it's our fault the beer's not working.

<Denise> okay...

<Denise> put it on our tab I guess

<Denise> thanks

<Denise> three glasses?

  • Denise is pretttty sure that drinking wind out of beer mugs is gross and classless >.>

<Neva> 'Course, hon. Coming right up.

<Denise> thanks, Neva

  • Neva gets you three glasses, and will in fact call over a passing busser to carry them so you aren't struggling to get them back to the table without dropping. Gen, as you pass by, you get a new task..
  • Neva opens the bottle for you as well, before you go :)
  • Gen stops what she's doing and responds to Neva's summons.
  • Denise smiles

<Gen> Do you have a tray?

  • Neva has one she can hand you

<Gen> Thank you.

  • Gen sets the glasses on it and offers to put the wine on it for you too, so you have to carry nothing. Now hopefully she doesn't drop it…

<Denise> oh, here!

  • Denise passes it to you

<Gen> Thanks.

  • Denise smiles

<Denise> this way!

  • Gen follows you to your table.
  • Denise leads you back to the Team Awesome table
  • Gen hopes she doesn't drop this... this is actually a server's job... :o

<Ander> Thanks, sweetheart... huh. What's this?

<Denise> they were out of beer?

<Denise> Neva said there's something wrong with the lines, I dunno

<Denise> Is this okay?

<Ander> oh, okay.

<Ander> Sure, I'm sure it's great.

  • Ander hands you a couple silver as a tip, Gen.

<Denise> Dorien's supposed to be fixing it

<Denise> if he comes bcak up I can go and see?

<Ander> See if the beer's working again? ;)

  • Gen tries a smile and does her best imitation of a server as she passes out the glasses and um... pours some wine into them? She hopes that's what is socially acceptable.

<Denise> yeah

  • Gen will take the silver and go once her task is accomplished... do we have a tips pool that I need to turn this into?

<DiablotinNarrator> nah, people keep their own

  • Gen pockets them, then.
  • Ander sniffs the wine, then takes a sip of it

<Gen> (Is there stuff that needs to be cleared off the table to make more space for the wine, before I leave?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (empty beer glasses)

<Denise> (probably glasses, yeah)

  • Gen will collect them quietly and efficiently.

<Ander> Not half bad :)

<Denise> oh good!

  • Denise will ...sniff and try some to?
  • Denise doesn't know anything about wine really

<DiablotinNarrator> It tastes... stronger than you'd expect, but it's not gross or anything. Heady and kinda fruity.

<DiablotinNarrator> And you can make a Fort save, DC 14 :D

<Denise> (sec, opening my sheet.... but I have at least a plus four so lemme roll with that at least :p)

<Denise> (I'm good - 18 at least :p)

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - it's pretty strong, you'd say - it goes to your head more than beer would, and especially on top of a couple beers already, you're a bit tipsy.

<Denise> :D

<DiablotinNarrator> Things are kind of... swirly and pretty

<Denise> that is pretty good ^-^

<Ander> Hm? Oh, yeah :D

  • Ander is absorbed in looking at his fingers

<Denise> (Should have been a 20 total, ftr)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<DiablotinNarrator> (you're not getting the.. shall we say, full effect ;)

<Denise> (so just kinda swirly and pretty but not way out of it then?0

<DiablotinNarrator> (just general happy swirly funtimes)

<DiablotinNarrator> (yeah)

<Denise> Is all wine this strong or did she give us the good stuff? :o

<Denise> :D

<Ralf> This is... weird-strong.

<Denise> Big tips for Neva ^-^

<Denise> huh?

<Ralf> like, I've had wine plenty o' times, and this is some next level wine.

<Denise> is that....good?

<Ralf> shit yes.

<Denise> okay!

<Ander> It's all good, sweetheart :)

  • Ander pats you affectionately on the shoulder, except misses by about six inches.

<Denise> You okay boss?

<Ander> huh?

<Denise> Maybe they gave us some of Dorien's wine ^-^

<Ander> 'sall good....

  • Denise eyes ralf

<Ralf> I think I'm gonna go dance

<Denise> no..

  • Ralf is, let us say, not usually the 'dancing' type, unless it involves knives.

<Denise> you stay here

<Denise> I'm just gonna

<Denise> Go check with Neva mm'kay?

<Ander> suuuure

<Denise> yeah.

  • Denise is slightly concerned...
  • Denise slips back over to the bar

<Denise> Neeeva

<Denise> hey

<Denise> hey Neva?

<Denise> Hey :D

  • Neva 's busy with other customers when you get there, but she does glance in your direction to let you know she heard you
  • Neva is busily handing out more bottles of this wine

<Denise> man that is good stuff

<Denise> but like

  • Denise casually edges someone out of the way

<Denise> is it liike...

<Denise> wine *plus*, yaknow?

<Neva> Wine plus what?

<Denise> You like, working with Dorien now?

<Denise> its all like... floaty

<Neva> .... no. and he's still not back. that's worrying.

<Denise> 'Cause like... Ander's all happy *now* but I dunno if he's gonna be happy *later, yaknow?

<Denise> and there's all thse....colours!

  • Ander quietly, off in the distance, goes "wooooooo!"

<Denise> yeah

<Neva> I'll check on it, okay hon? you just... you look like you should take it easy.

<Denise> yeah, you shoudl see the other guys @_@

<Denise> maybe I just oughtta take the boss home.

<Neva> Take care of yourself, okay?

  • Neva seems a bit concerned for you

<Denise> I wouln't want him to get mad @_@

<Denise> okay, you too :D

  • Denise points at a random customer with a bottle of wine

<Denise> that's gooooood stuff!

<Denise> :D

  • Denise heads back to the table

<DiablotinNarrator> The customer gives you a bit of a Look, but takes their wine and heads off

<Denise> Ralf I think we maybe oughhta get outta here, okay?

<Ralf> awwwwwww

<Denise> yeah, I know but like

<Denise> there's good

<Ralf> but th'show's just gettin good

<Denise> and like the boss says

<Denise> there's unprofessional, right?

<Denise> come on

<Denise> Come on boss

  • Denise will help Ander up >.>

Hugo

<DiablotinNarrator> okay... we'll leave you trying to talk your mobsters into not dancing on the tables, and switch over to Hugo for a moment :D

  • Hugonel will have been showing Eirini around, thinking about where best to end the grand tour.
  • Eirini 's primary interest seems to be in knowing her way around the club, with a close second of 'who here served in the war', but that's totally normal, right?

<Hugonel> <P> And here we have several doors that the staff use when we need to make a discreet exit!

<Eirini> <P> That's just lovely, thank you :)

<Hugonel> <P> O, fire-kissed Eirini, you glisten as flame reflected in the sea!

  • Eirini seems amused and flatterd by your sweet-talking

<Hugonel> <P> Tell me, where might I take you now?

<Eirini> <P> Perhaps to somewhere more private?

<Hugonel> <P> But of course!

  • Hugonel will discreetly lead her towards his dressing room.
  • Eirini allows herself to be led

<Hugonel> <P> My lady ... perhaps it is presumptuous of a mere mortal, but ... might I touch your fine tresses?

  • Eirini smiles

<Eirini> <P> Of course you might...

  • Hugonel does so.

<DiablotinNarrator> You definitely think it's the hair that reminds you of someone... someone you knew a long time ago, maybe...

<Hugonel> <P> These locks ... they stir a sweet memory in me, of one I once knew, or dreamt I knew.

  • Eirini leans in to kiss you - and your finger scrapes against something sharp in her hair, like a pin perhaps

<Eirini> (and you can make a Fort save)

<DiablotinNarrator> (dc 14)

<DiablotinNarrator> (not 145, which was what I typed first)

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+2

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+2 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 2 ] totals [ 14 ].

<Hugonel> <P> Alas! I appear to have pricked myself!

<Eirini> <P> Oh, I'm sorry - a stray hairpin...

<Hugonel> <P> Of course ... no matter.

  • Hugonel kisses Eirini (taking care not to stab myself again)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay

<DiablotinNarrator> you can carry on from there, then... although you do have to be on stage probably before too long ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> so it's really up to you if you want to ... uh, prick yourself some more.

<Hugonel> (prick ho!)

<DiablotinNarrator> alll righty then

Dorien

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Dorien, you're down in the creepy basement, poking at the beer lines in the light of a single crappy lightbulb ;)

<DiablotinNarrator> From behind you, you hear a fleeting giggle

<DiablotinNarrator> something... high-pitched and not human

  • Dorien turns around and peers into the shadows.

<Dorien> Hello?

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a Will save, DC 13

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+2

  • Zola rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+2 ] getting [ 15 ] which, after the modifier [ 2 ] totals [ 17 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - you think that was an illusion

<Dorien> ...fuck this. I don't even really work here.

  • Dorien heads for the stairs

<DiablotinNarrator> As you head to the stairs, something darts past you and ... stabs you in the leg, or tries to anyway

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 30 ].

<Dorien> ...

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20+10

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20+10 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ 10 ] totals [ 11 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> I assume an 11 does not hit?

<Dorien> No, but that 30 sure does o,O

<DiablotinNarrator> yup.. not a crit, though

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d4-1

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d4-1 ] getting [ 1 ] which, after the modifier [ -1 ] totals [ 0 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> 1 is the minimum damage, so it's really just like a crappy little scrape on your leg

  • Dorien screams like a schoolgirl.

<Dorien> Fuck me!

<DiablotinNarrator> And you can also make a Fort save DC 14

<Dorien> !roll 1d20+3

  • Zola rolls for Dorien: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 10 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> You feel weak, then woozy, and then you pass out.

<DiablotinNarrator> (you took 1 con damage, and are now unconscious for ...)

<Dorien> ...fuuuuuu *thud*

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d3

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d3 ] getting [ 2 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (...a while ;)

Hettie, Lathra, and Zola

<DiablotinNarrator> Hettie and Lathra - Geff had come to talk to you about what you saw, so you were forced to linger in the basement a bit longer.

  • Zola is also trailing Hettie

<Lathra> (... wasn't I following it's trail?)

<DiablotinNarrator> (oh right, Zola also there :)

<DiablotinNarrator> You were, but Geff came to make inquiries too - it's up to you if you want to keep on tracking it, or stop and talk to him.

<Lathra>( I'd prefer to walk and talk, unless he really thinks stopping is worth losing it)

<DiablotinNarrator> Walk and talk is good

  • Zola waves at Geff to follow
  • Hettienne will describe yet again what she saw.

<Hettienne> ... Ugliest fuckin' little thing.

<Geff> You think it got in from outside or something?

<Hettienne> Yeah.

<Hettienne> Well, it smelled like outside.

  • Lathra pipes up to add "I can sense something rotten here - we're following it now"
  • Hettienne has tucked her knife away and drawn a fancy looking revolver from... somewhere?

<DiablotinNarrator> The course you're following leads you back up the stairs, towards the electrical room, which is also now standing open.

<Geff> What the...

  • Lathra casts Magic Weapon on Hetty's bullets

<Zola> :o

<Hettienne> Oh shitballs. >:|

<Lathra> (Ok, so apparently I don't do that)

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay)

<DiablotinNarrator> Inside the room is a mess - there are some wires pulled loose, and stuff strewn around on the floor, but it doesn't seem toooo badly damaged - at least, the lights here are still on.

<Lathra> (If somebody else draws their weapon, I've got it ready for them ;) )

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra, you think the thing has already been here and gone - only a lingering faint aura

<Lathra> Ugh, it's moved on already - let's hurry this up.

  • Zola will keep an eye out for something she can wield as a weapon, like a broom or pipe.

<Hettienne> It sure has it out for Tits.

<DiablotinNarrator> Speaking of whom, Titania just walks in, out of the lounge and into the backstage area

  • Zola is clearly out of full costume, peeking over Hettie's shoulder

<Hettienne> Uh, hey boss.

  • Lathra leads the group onwards and waits for someone else to explain

<Hettienne> So, this deformed elf midget is ballin' everythin' up.

<Tits> What's going on? The lights just went off in the lounge, people are drunk off their asses and it's only 9 o'clock, plus we're out of beer.

<Zola> Tits! It broke the broiler AND tore up the electrical room!

<Hettienne> It were messin' with the boiler, an' the electric too by the look of it.

<Tits> 'It'?

<Hettienne> Probably the lines too.

<Zola> Hettie says it's an ugly small elf thing

<Hettienne> The midget!

  • Tits looks confused

<Zola> Lathra's on the trail.

<Tits> Okay. Where's Hugo? He was supposed to be on stage ten minutes ago, and the band's stalling.

<Lathra> There's definitely something evil here - I can sense it.

<Hettienne> Ain't seen 'im.

<Zola> He was giving Eirini a tour

<Tits> uh huh.

<Tits> Zola, can you go bang on his door?

<Zola> Why would he be in his dr- ... oh.

<Zola> Yeah, sure.

<Tits> Lathra, if you can track the thing, keep on with that, and make sure you have other folks with you for safety

  • Zola heads back towards the dressing rooms

<Hettienne> I'll go.

<Tits> I'll try to get the lights going again

  • Lathra nods and breaks forward, waving Hettie with her.
  • Geff will also stick with Lathra

<Hettienne> What a fuckin mess.

Argent, Hettienne, and Lathra

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - so Argent is looking for Dorien or Lathra?

<Argent> (whoever I can find first while heading back)

<Argent> (do the usual quick ask around)

<DiablotinNarrator> Well, Lathra is about to come out of the lounge, trailing Hettie and Geff, who are both armed. so probably notice them first, even with the general chaos.

<Argent> Lythra! Hey what's with the weapons?

<Argent> Hi Hettie, Geff.

<Geff> Someone's messing with shit.

<Hettienne> Midget elf.

  • Geff says, by way of summing up.

<Lathra> Something evil is hiding here.

<Argent> that not the half of it, I think the wine has been drugged

<Geff> -_-

  • Argent will hand Lathra the bottle he was carrying.

<Argent> what did the evil elf thing look like?

<Geff> I'm getting the rest of the security team and we're shutting off the exits.

  • Geff dashes off

<Hettienne> pointy ears, scrawny... snaggly fuckin' teeth...

<Lathra> (Can I cast and track at the same time?)

<Hettienne> About so high?

<Argent> (k:planes work to identify this thing?)

<DiablotinNarrator> I assume you're keeping up the Detect Evil? which you can do for 10 minutes.

<Lathra> Yes.

<DiablotinNarrator> So if you're continuing that as long as you can, then you can't cast something else in the meanwhile.

<Lathra> (OK)

<Lathra> Is somebody dying?

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent, you can roll k:planes

<Argent> !Roll 1d20+9

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 16 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 25 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> It doesn't sound like anything extraplanar as far as you know.

<Hettienne> Oh yeah, and it turned invisible.

<Argent> Hmmm.. never heard of something like that... may be a magical beast or something like that.

<Hettienne> You seen Den?

<Lathra> Argent, is somebody dying?

  • Argent thinks he should have studied arcane more

<Argent> Dorien is missing... he went to fix the taps in the basement. Have you seen him?

<Argent> Nobody is dying yet.

<Lathra> Alright, then we've gotta find this thing. I'll check the wine after.

  • Lathra moves after the trail.

<Argent> I shouldn’t let you two go by yourselves

  • Argent will slip his knuckles on

<DiablotinNarrator> Lathra - you keep tracing it, where it heads through the bar and down the other set of stairs again. Where, at the bottom, you'll find an unconscious and bleeding Dorien.

<Hettienne> Fuck's sake.

<Hettienne> Is he dead?

  • Hettienne nudges him with her foot
  • Argent keeps an eye out for an ambush

<DiablotinNarrator> and that is about the limit of your Detect Evil, I'd think - 10 minutes' worth

<Hettienne> (Can I follow my nose? :v)

<DiablotinNarrator> you could!

<Lathra> F*ck! Lost it.

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+6

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 4 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 10 ].
  • Argent will look for little elf tracks then, if he can

<Hettienne> (not this time)

<DiablotinNarrator> narp

<DiablotinNarrator> the trail is cold here

<Argent> !roll 1d20+9

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+9 ] getting [ 2 ] which, after the modifier [ 9 ] totals [ 11 ].

<Argent> cant follow anything on these floors

  • Lathra checks Dorien's life signs instead.

<DiablotinNarrator> He's unconscious and has a minor scrape on his leg

<Lathra> Is he bleeding out?

<DiablotinNarrator> No

<DiablotinNarrator> you can make a Heal check

<DiablotinNarrator> to figure out more what's affecting him

<Lathra> !roll 1d20+5

  • Zola rolls for Lathra: [ 1d20+5 ] getting [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 5 ] totals [ 17 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> you think probably a poison of some sort, although you're not sure what exactly.

<DiablotinNarrator> so while you're tending to him... let's seee what's happening backstage ^-^

  • Lathra rolls her eyes

Zola, Hugo, and Aubrienne

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, you were directed to go check on Hugo's, uh, readiness. Aubrienne is also waiting to go on, so she's in the general area.

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, Jed is also with you, as usual.

<Zola> Tits sent me to check on Hugo >_>

<Aubrienne> Is he still...?

<Zola> He's not on stage.

  • Zola rolls her eyes
  • Aubrienne waggles her eyebrows
  • Zola goes and knocks on his door.

<Hugonel> Yes, what?

  • Aubrienne follows out of idle curiosity
  • Hugonel sounds vaguely annoyed.

<Zola> Have you figured out how to say "Get your ass on stage!" in Psyrene yet?

<Hugonel> Oh sh-- Yes, I'll be right there! Where was the call earlier? Where is everyone?

  • Hugonel turns to Eirini.

<Aubrienne> Uh, mostly already waiting backstage.

<Zola> There's some wierdness going on, but most people are where they're supposed to be.

<Zola> .oO( Most. )

<Zola> >_>

<Aubrienne> There's weirdness going on?

<Hugonel> <P> My lady, I am afraid my encore must await our debut. We are called to perform.

<Eirini> <P> Oh, dear... Just give me a few moments to straighten my dress and hair

<Zola> Yeah, there's some sort of imp thing running around breaking things...

  • Aubrienne gives Zola a questioning look

<Zola> I wonder if there's any rigging we should check...

  • Hugonel checks his rigging and emerges.

<Zola> Last thing we need is some lights landing on her bean.

<Aubrienne> Or, you know, any of us.

<Zola> We're quick :)

<Aubrienne> In heels, no less.

<DiablotinNarrator> In theory Aubrienne is on next, so Hugo ought to be introducing here riiiight about 10 minutes ago ;)

  • Zola gives Hugo a look over to make sure his debauchery isn't evident.

<Zola> You'll do.

  • Zola goes back to her room to make sure she's ready for her set.

<Hugonel> All right, I'm ready. Let's do this thing, Zola darling.

<Hugonel> Aubrienne, any changes tonight for you?

<Aubrienne> No, I didn't think it prudent to try anything new tonight. Wouldn't want to upstage our guest. ;)

<Hugonel> Indeed. Although, I must say, that would be ... extremely challenging. She's quite a woman.

<Aubrienne> I'm sure. :D

<Jedrezej> You checked, then.

  • Jedrezej says under his breath.
  • Aubrienne giggles a second before catching herself.
  • Zola peeks into her room to make sure there's no imps throwing her wardrobe around, before stepping in and shutting the door.

<Hugonel> I am a professional, after all. Now, let's go before we all get fired!

  • Aubrienne doffs her hat and gives a mock bow, gesturing Hugo towards the stage.
  • Hugonel introduces Aubrienne, and hopefully still has a job!

Aubrienne

<DiablotinNarrator> Aubrienne, when you get on stage, the audience is in a ... heightened state of amusement already.

<Aubrienne> (Well, this should be relatively easy then :))

<DiablotinNarrator> Indeed!

<DiablotinNarrator> Well, it would be if they could hear you...

<DiablotinNarrator> they're a bit riled up

<DiablotinNarrator> But they seem in a good mood, at least!

<Aubrienne> Well, then, I'll start off with a thunderstone and a smokestick for my entrance. Make sure to get their attention

<Crowd> ooOOOooh!

<Crowd> shiiiiny

  • Aubrienne moves smoothly into her act, starting with some basic vanishes and the like, before moving on to her signature card tricks.

<DiablotinNarrator> You can make a Perception check, Aubrienne, as you go on with your show

<Aubrienne> !roll 1d20+3

  • Zola rolls for Aubrienne: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 14 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 17 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> There's an occasional odd shadow being cast on the stage, just sort of a flicker, but you keep noticing it - like something is just briefly passing in front of the bright lights from the rafters

  • Aubrienne will continue on with the show, but keep an eye out

<DiablotinNarrator> You don't think anyone in the crowd is in any condition to notice, but Jed also sees whatever it is and keeps glancing up

  • Jedrezej takes the chance while there's a bit in the act that doesn't demand too much of him to subtly get out the knife he keeps 'for show'
  • Zola lurks in the wings

<Aubrienne> If we could just clear a space, before the Harrow does it for me...

  • Aubrienne gives Jed a significant look, her eyes flicking towards the ceiling, making sure he's watching
  • Jedrezej nods subtly

<Zola> .oO( Is this new? )

  • Zola gives Christofel a quizzical look

<DiablotinNarrator> He's probably got a whole new eye twitch going on.

<DiablotinNarrator> The crowd will generally back up to make room, Aubrienne

<DiablotinNarrator> There may be a few stragglers

  • Aubrienne fans the deck out through the air, clearing as much space as possible
  • Zola does glance up at the rigging, out of curiosity, at some point >_>

<Aubrienne> (Well, let's incorporate them)

<Aubrienne> A few brave souls, huh? Or skeptics, perhaps?

  • Aubrienne moves towards the nearest, kind of gently bullying them away.

<Random drunk guy> Show us yer tiiiits

<Aubrienne> You're already there, aren't you?

<Aubrienne> Or did you not know where you are right now?

<Random drunk guy> ... huh?

  • Jedrezej will make sure that one backs the fuck back ;p

<DiablotinNarrator> You hear an ominous creaking from above you, Aubrienne

<DiablotinNarrator> Zola, you can notice it too, from the side of the stage

<Aubrienne> Uh oh...looks like we might be bringing down the house.

  • Zola looks up D:
  • Aubrienne tries to get a look at where it's coming from, while also trying to maintain spells.

Denise, Zola, Aubrienne, Hugo, and Gen

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen I think is the only other person who is in the main room right now - so she'll get a great view as one of the heavy lights crashes down onto the dancefloor, narrowly missing Aubrienne

<Denise> (and me?)

<DiablotinNarrator> oh right! I forgot you, sorry drunky ;)

<Denise> (I think?)

<Denise> (:p)

<Zola> Holy shit!

<Denise> :o

<Aubrienne> O.O

  • Gen freezes for a moment, then looks around to see what might have caused this problem!
  • Denise looks up to make sure there's nothing gonna fall onn the boss :3

<Aubrienne> Well, ah...clearly Titania needs to raise the drink prices, folks. This place is falling apart!

<DiablotinNarrator> The crowd is scattering at this point, clearly alarmed

<Denise> Sit yer ass down sir @_@

  • Ander does as he's told ma'am
  • Hugonel looks around at the others backstage, and then comes out onstage.
  • Zola looks to Christophel, "Should we ... show everyone out?"
  • Hugonel speaks in the loudest, clearest voice he can.
  • Aubrienne lets go of the spells, trying to keep an eye on the ceiling and also not get crushed by the crowd.

<Hugonel> Guests, please move towards the exits calmly.

  • Gen is trying to figure out what caused the lights to crash, so she is probably also gazing upwards.

<Hugonel> Our show tonight, unfortunately, will be cut short, and our staff will escort you out.

<DiablotinNarrator> They'll move... not very calmly, but they'll move.

<Hugonel> We do thank you for your patronage, and apologize for this most unfortunate incident.

  • Denise will keep her party where they are at until there's fewer ppl around
  • Aubrienne prestidigitates arrows towards the exit
  • Zola will do the same
  • Hugonel will be prepared to hypnotize anyone who is still being excessively alarmed

<DiablotinNarrator> There are a few people not heading towards the exits as directed

<DiablotinNarrator> mainly, the pair of princes, who are heading backstage-ways, presumably to check on Titania

<Hugonel> (who are they?)

  • Denise is also not heading out quite yet >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> K: nobility?

  • Denise doens'r wanna loose track of her cracked out mobsters -_-
  • Zola rolls [ 1d20+4 ] getting [ 17 ] which, after the modifier [ 4 ] totals [ 21 ]

<Hugonel> !roll 1d20+13

  • Zola rolls for Hugonel: [ 1d20+13 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 13 ] totals [ 24 ].

<Zola> (21 on Nobility)

<Hugonel> (24 for me)

<DiablotinNarrator> you both recognize them as Prince-Imperial Marc, who is Titania's brother, and Prince-Imperial Ruchard, who is her cousin.

<DiablotinNarrator> From down in the basement, there's a gunshot, which improves people's speed in moving towards the exits

<Zola> :o

Hettie, Lathra, and Argent

<DiablotinNarrator> Meanwhile down in the basement...

  • Geff has been keeping an eye out for more weirdness, as you tend to Dorien and keep looking around for whatever is causing all of this mayhem

<Geff> Hettie, you are also keeping your.. nose to the ground, I assume? ;)

<Hettienne> (yup)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+6

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 20 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 26 ].

<Hettienne> (woo!)

<DiablotinNarrator> okay - you catch another whiff of that woodsy smell, and it's right fucking behind you!

  • Hettienne whirls on her heel.

<Hettienne> Geff!

<Hettienne> It's here!

  • Geff turns to where you did, aiming his gun
  • Hettienne points her gun at the spot where she thinks it is.

<DiablotinNarrator> you can see a blur of motion, low to the ground of course, as it tries to dart past you, coming from upstairs

<Geff> Get it!

<Hettienne> (I'll try to shoot it >.>)

  • Geff fires at it

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d20

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d20 ] getting [ 20 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can also, of course!)

<Hettienne> !roll 1d20+6

  • Zola rolls for Hettienne: [ 1d20+6 ] getting [ 11 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 17 ].

<Hettienne> (pleh)

  • Lathra grimaces and tries to move Dorien away from the gunfire.

<DiablotinNarrator> Argent and Lathra can also try to act against it, now that their attention is drawn to it, if they want

  • Lathra still has that Magic Weapon, so if Geff's gun isn't magic I'll buff that.

<DiablotinNarrator> (you can do that :)

  • Argent will call on the Wheel in judgement to empower his weapons (judgment - make his weapons magic), and try and swing at it with the cold iron knuckle as it moves by in a blur.

<DiablotinNarrator> !roll 1d100

  • Zola rolls for DiablotinNarrator: [ 1d100 ] getting [ 75 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> (that was a percentage miss chance for speedy gonzales here)

<DiablotinNarrator> (but you can roll to hit :)

<DiablotinNarrator> (or did you and I missed it?)

<Argent> !roll 1d20+3

  • Zola rolls for Argent: [ 1d20+3 ] getting [ 7 ] which, after the modifier [ 3 ] totals [ 10 ].

<DiablotinNarrator> Okay - Geff's shot hit it, and that slows it down considerably

<DiablotinNarrator> You can get a clearer look at it now, at least

<DiablotinNarrator> It's as Hettie described - a scrawny little 2.5 foot tall elf-looking thing, with brown skin and pointy ears and long fingers like twigs

<DiablotinNarrator> Between the rest of you, you can bring it down

<DiablotinNarrator> It's really not very tough once it can't run away all the time

  • Lathra knifey knifey.

<Hettienne> *bang bang* :D

Denise and Gen

<DiablotinNarrator> All right - upstairs, the crowds have probably about 90% dispersed, with the guidance of employees

  • Denise would probably be willing to let her party get out at that point >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen and Denise, as you are among the few people left...

<Denise> Okay boys :D Time to go!

<DiablotinNarrator> One of the guests, sitting in a booth, isn't moving and is in fact face down on the table. maaaaybe he's just really drunk?

<Denise> don't wanna be like that guy :D

<Denise> hey is he dead?

  • Gen is doing whatever seems expedient/required of her position but she is also keeping an eye on the ceiling...
  • Zola sighs and goes over to make sure they aren't dead.
  • Gen hears Denise and startles, then looks in the direction Denise pointed.
  • Gen scurries over towards the dude slouched on the table.
  • Gen touches his shoulder gently. "Sir? Sir? Are you all right?"
  • Denise keeps a good grip on both Ander and Ralf >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> Gen - this man is quite, quite dead.

  • Gen will do a heal check if he doesn't appear all right. Or dead.

<Gen> Oh, shit.

Hugo

<DiablotinNarrator> Hugo, backstage...

<DiablotinNarrator> It occurs you might want to check on Eirini, just to see if she's okay >.>

  • Hugonel will head back to his dressing room to see if she's still there

<DiablotinNarrator> When you arrive, there's no sign of her.

  • Hugonel checks quickly by the staff exits to see if she's there

<DiablotinNarrator> One of the doors is open - maybe by people fleeing?

<DiablotinNarrator> but she's nowhere to be found

<Hugonel> Damn.

<Hugonel> Eirini? Eirini!

  • Hugonel calls out, since obviously she could be in danger.

<DiablotinNarrator> no reply

  • Hugonel will search around backstage for her, in various rooms and places

<DiablotinNarrator> (okay you can search... you don't find her, but you can look)

<DiablotinNarrator> And we'll end there for today...

Epilogue

<DiablotinNarrator> Dorien will regain consciousness so he doesn't have to be carried up the stairs, at least

<DiablotinNarrator> sorry for knocking you out, Tuck!

<DiablotinNarrator> we'll find out about Mr. Dead Guy next time.

<Denise> (will there be down time?)

<Gen> Yeah, I don't think I have a skill to determine cause of death (at least, Heal doesn't mention that you can use it for that)

<Gen> But I'd be trying to figure it out if there isn't a security guard right in the room, anyway. :)

<Zola> (Julie's allowed that before. Also it might be a stab to the neck.)

<DiablotinNarrator> There will be down time, yes. Probably what will happen is guards will get called in to investigate the scene, etc. and you won't get to look at the body for too long before it's taken away.

<DiablotinNarrator> And then there'll be probably at least a couple days where the club is closed for clean-up >.>

  • Denise will def get her mobsters away ebfore the guard comes if she can >.>

<DiablotinNarrator> yes, you can do that

  • Dorien wakes up and looks around "What the hell did you people do?"

<DiablotinNarrator> So I'd expect at least a few days, maybe as much as a week, before things are up and running again, and before you would hear much news beyond gossip about what happened.

<Zola> Zola's probably sad that she didn't get to see the creature corpse, because she'd probably start helping Hugo look for Eirini once there were fewer customers to get their heads bashed in

Solos

Aubrienne and Zola

<Aubrienne> Well, that went...pretty much like I should have expected.

<Aubrienne> She seems nice.

<Zola> Yes, she does! Hopefully things go well with the audience. I'd hate to see her interrupted.

<Aubrienne> I just hope Geffrard and his folks are being extra careful tonight.

<Zola> I'm sure they are...

<Zola> I think I'm more worried about hecklers :)

<Zola> A nice silence spell over the tables might be in order...  :)

<Aubrienne> That's what I meant. You don't...I didn't think there would be a fight or anything.

<Aubrienne> Well, any more than usual.

<Aubrienne> You know, I was thinking that, but wouldn't that block her too. ;)

<Zola> Oh, right... they couldn't hear her either :/

<Aubrienne> Might serve them right.

<Aubrienne> In any event, I'd prepare for an interesting evening.

<Aubrienne> Not that you usually have other kinds. ;)

<Zola> You're one to talk :)

<Zola> I suppose I should go make sure I'm ready.

  • Zola pokes at her hair a little

<Aubrienne> Break a leg, etc. ;)

<Zola> You too!

Aubrienne and Dorien

  • Aubrienne makes her way over to the bar to say hi to Dorien

<Aubrienne> Well, well, if it isn't my second favorite chemist.

<Aubrienne> How's tricks?

  • Dorien looks up from setting up his bottles and smiles at the pretty illusionist.

<Dorien> Not bad, Bri. Looks like it's gonna be pretty busy tonight.

<Aubrienne> Yeah, the crowd is already...well-lubricated.

<Dorien> Have you met the new bird yet?

  • Aubrienne laughs conspiratorially

<Aubrienne> Yeah, Zola, Hugo and I went to talk to her a bit ago.

<Aubrienne> Hugo is giving her "the tour."

  • Dorien laughs and shakes his head.

<Dorien> Poor girl. A rough crowd AND a visit from Hugo.

<Aubrienne> I always got the impression a visit from Hugo was, let's say, "well-received."

<Aubrienne> Can't deny, the man is pretty.

  • Dorien shrugs. "Not my type. But the ladies seem to love him."

<Aubrienne> Likewise.

  • Aubrienne gives a wistful sigh.
  • Dorien grins.

<Dorien> Who knows, maybe he's not Miss Psyra's type either? I hear she a looker.

<Aubrienne> Oh, yeah, she was gorgeous. But it was pretty obvious Zola and I needed vamoose, you know?

  • Aubrienne shrugs

<Dorien> Dorien nods sympathetically

<Aubrienne> You win some, you lose some.

  • Aubrienne smiles brightly

<Dorien> Ain't that the truth.

<Aubrienne> What's on tap for tonight?

<Aubrienne> Anything new?

<Dorien> Well, all the usual stuff, mostly. But I've been working on something new that you might be interested in. Not really ready yet, though...

<Dorien> I'm hoping it will mimick the effects of vodare, but without the side effects.

  • Dorien shrugs.

<Dorien> It's still a work in progress

<Aubrienne> Well, Dr. Dorien, I do declare. You really can't move up to my number one chemist spot, but you'd certainly have at least one loyal customer.

<Aubrienne> I'm sure it'll be great.

<Aubrienne> I really should be getting ready. Don't leave til I find you after the show, okay?

  • Dorien smiles

<Dorien> Of course not. Did you want anything quick before you go on? Staff discount, of course...

<Aubrienne> No thanks, I don't need another 'cloud of doves' incident.

  • Aubrienne leans over to give Dorien a quick peck on the cheek.

<Aubrienne> See you later. :)

<Dorien> Break a leg

Argent and Denise

<Argent> hey there... looks like you're havin' a good time

<Denise> Hey!

  • Argent says to Denise as he catches up to her
  • Denise looks sorts of spacey and exasperated

<Denise> Argent!

<Denise> is the beer back!

<Denise> 'Cause this wine is all Wacky and It's good but it is too good yaknow?

<Denise> No, Boss, just sit down and look at the pretty colours from here

  • Denise makes Ander sit back in his chair

<Denise> we rerally oughtta get out of here...

<Argent> Beer gone? thats wy were pushing the wine? makes sense.

  • Denise makes a plea

<Denise> Neva said it was busted and Dorien whent to look at it but he's not been back

<Denise> No, ralph, put them away, not in here!

  • Denise makes her mobster friend put away his knives

<Denise> or I will take 'em!

  • Argent looks at the trio

<Argent> Just calm down and stay put... I'll see if I can find Dorien or let someone know something is off.

  • Denise has pushed the wine glasses away to the far side of the table, and the bottle

<Denise> I'm calm!

<Denise> I just wanna get outta here is all, it ain't no good...

  • Argent will snatch up the bottle, making sure there is some left in it.

<Denise> Ander's gonna be real mad

<Denise> You will boss, believe me

<Denise> yeah, you're happy now I know @_@

<Denise> too happy @_@

<Argent> Wait here untill I can help you. I don't want you getting into a mess once your out of here.

<Argent> Please just hold down the fort.

<Argent> I'm sure we'll get this all worked out.

<Denise> okay...

<Denise> I just don't want any messes in here, ya know?

<Denise> can you take all that away?

<Denise> I know boss

  • Argent gives a reassuring smile and dashes off to try and find Dorien or the medic.

<Denise> Argen't 'll bring us something better

  • Argent grabs the rest of the wine on the way.