Diablotin 2 session 73

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 2 session logs
Previous Session 73 Next

Summary

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

Prologue

[DiablotinNarrator] It is the beginning of 11th month, and the weather in Diablotin has taken on a distinct chill, with cold rains and winds being typical most days.

[DiablotinNarrator] The biggest recent news, amidst continued rumours of preparations for war, is that the Lord Marshal of the Order of the Spoke, Butler Belden, has resigned abruptly. Anonymous sources suggest that perhaps he was unwilling to order his forces into the upcoming battle.

[DiablotinNarrator] The leading candidates to replace him are said to be Enorée Escalera and Royse Dyess, both Spokesmen of long standing and good reputation.

[DiablotinNarrator] Meanwhile, the Scourge reports from 'inside sources' that the Chief Sorcerer, Loick Silveira, has kidnapped and imprisoned a helpless girl, and is keeping her in chains for his depraved purposes. Silveira's only comment on the allegations has been unprintable in a respectable publication.

Seth and Guillame

  • Seth will make an appointment to meet with Guillame in private.

[Guillame] (at home, or somewhere discreet?)

[Seth] (home)

  • Guillame directs the staff to expect you, and makes sure not to be naked even in private.
  • Seth ensures to arrive clothed.

[Seth] Good afternoon, Your Grace.

[Guillame] (Arriving via door, wall, ceiling or floor?)

[Seth] (door)

  • Guillame seems moderately surprized to see you use the door.

[Guillame] Welcome, M. Argo! Are you well?

[Seth] Yes, thank you, very well.

[Guillame] Can I offer you any refreshment? Er, it's my understanding that I quite possibly can't...

[Seth] No, thank you, I'm fine.

[Guillame] Very well.

[Guillame] So, to what do I owe this visit?

[Seth] I've come to you today because I am interested in knowing about Phelix Valtieras, and his associates.

[Guillame] I... see.

[Seth] I assume that you are aware that he is Kavreshar, or rather, that Kavreshar has been known to use his form.

[Guillame] I had suspected as much, and seen some evidence to corroborate it, but nothing conclusive.

[Seth] Hmm. Have you seen him lately?

[Guillame] (trying to check logs to get accurate answers)

[Seth] (ok)

[Guillame] (also, baby crankening)

[Seth] (yarr)

[Guillame] I haven't personally, no, although I and a few of the others were investigating.

[Guillame] (re)

[Seth] What about Thea Vermillion?

[Seth] She was, as I understand it, one of his close companions?

[Guillame] Yes, and sadly still is, as far as we can tell. She was a good person, but I suppose he has tricked or ensorcelled her.

[Seth] Hmm, I see.

[Seth] Is there anything that you might be able to tell me to help to locate Valtieras, or any of his associates?

[Guillame] For what purpose, might I ask? Do you have a plan?

[Seth] I, personally, do not have a plan, but some of my associates do.

[Seth] This has gone on long enough. This fiend has terrorized my city for too long.

[Guillame] If there is a credible plan, the I'm happy to be of any help I can. I could certainly help with information about Thea's whereabouts.

[Seth] Cornelia Nash has a strong interest in locating Kavreshar. With the new Warlord occupied with matters relating to the Psyrene war, the very serious threat within our borders has fallen out of official attention.

[Seth] It is to be hoped that Nash's resources would allow Kavreshar to be re-bound or trapped in a way that it cannot do any further harm to anyone.

[Guillame] It is to be hoped that he'd suffer or die, but if imprisonment is the only option, then so be it.

[Seth] I will convey to Nash the information that Vermillion may be under a magical influence. If this is so, I am certain she will do what she can to prevent harm from coming to her, if she can be freed.

[Guillame] *nod

[Guillame] Do you think she can do it?

[Seth] Yes, I believe she can. She has resources well beyond those relating to her former official duties.

[Guillame] Ok. I suppose I'm in.

[Seth] What can you tell me, then, that would lead me either to Ms. Vermillion or M. Valtieras?

[Guillame] Sadly, my information is a little stale now, but until recently Thea was working under false pretenses in the household of Leonien Kizer - she tried to poison him, but Alma and Ysabeau stopped her.

[Seth] You ... you've ... I ... huh.

[Seth] Well.

[Seth] That certainly is ... tidy.

[Seth] Why would Thea want to kill the Duke?

[Guillame] She's definitely working with Kavreshar - she spoke his name to activate some form of magical escape. I hadn't yet fully assumed that he was inhabiting Phelix, but they are definitely tied.

[Guillame] I don't know, sad to say.

[Seth] Kavreshar doesn't seem like the sort to have such a subtle plan. It seems like the sort to prefer to blow things to bits.

[Guillame] The Sister also determined where she is currently living, if she hasn't fled.

[Guillame] I disagree - I am certain that it is behind the grain fires, and the assault on the bridge which was used as a means to the assassination of my mother and sister.

[Seth] Where is she?

  • Seth has a look in his eye that suggests his interest may be more than intellectual.

[Guillame] (sm?)

[Seth] (Seth seems to want vengeance)

[Guillame] Did she wrong you, in some way? Forgive me for saying so, but you seem a little... zealous.

[Seth] My mother ... also died that night.

  • Guillame nods.

[Guillame] Then it is Kavreshar you want, as do I.

[Guillame] Is it possible that I could meet with Nash? I've come this far, I'd hate to miss the ending.

[Seth] It is possible, yes. Now that she is no longer Warlord, she is much freer than previously was the case to have these sorts of discussions. I will convey your interest to her.

[Seth] Can you tell me, though, where Alma told you Thea could be found?

[Guillame] She gave me the street, but not the address.

  • Guillame looks Seth in the eye.

[Guillame] I want in on this. That's that.

  • Guillame tells Seth the street name.

[Seth] Yes.

[Guillame] (Middlestreet, Uppertown, Middleville)

[Seth] I will find him, and using my powers, I will learn his ways. Then we will eliminate this threat.

  • Guillame nods, satisfied.

[Seth] We will speak again soon.

  • Guillame nods again.

[Guillame] I look forward to it.

Seth and Royse

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you have been granted permission to continue the search of the Greysmoke Temple and its subterranean chambers for the head and amulet of the golem Schesutte.

[DiablotinNarrator] The Emperor, true to his word, provided you with a team of workers to extract the body parts already located. The arms, legs, and torso are in the process of being carefully removed from their hiding places.

[DiablotinNarrator] Meanwhile, you are considering the sepulchre, now emptied of its contents.

  • Seth examines it carefully to see if there are any newly visible clues.

[DiablotinNarrator] Search check, please.

[Seth] (34)

[DiablotinNarrator] Running your fingers along the inside of the chamber, you come across a small groove in the base, which contains a trigger or button of some sort.

[Seth] (can I determine whether it is a trap, locking mechanism, or something else?)

[DiablotinNarrator] Do you have Disable device, or use Tech?\

[Seth] (yes, both)

[DiablotinNarrator] You can roll whichever's higher.

[Seth] (DD 22)

[DiablotinNarrator] You believe it is not a trap, but probably opens some sort of chamber or compartment.

  • Seth presses the button.

[DiablotinNarrator] Pressing the button, you hear a grinding, scraping sound as the bottom of the tomb opens to reveal a staircase descending further beneath the temple, to a yet-unexplored area.

  • Seth descends cautiously.

[DiablotinNarrator] The staircase descends into darkness, and from somewhere below you can hear faint sounds of water flowing.

[Seth] (I would have my scarab, boots, ring, and swords with me)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok - any light source?)

  • Seth will go and get a handy priest to give him one :)

[DiablotinNarrator] (can do!)

[DiablotinNarrator] You want it on a pebble or stick or something?

[Seth] (yes, just a pebble will be fine)

[DiablotinNarrator] Very well.

[DiablotinNarrator] After about fifty steps, the stairs come to an end and you are standing in a chamber, twenty feet wide and an indeterminate length - you can't see the far end.

[DiablotinNarrator] The sound of water is stronger here, as though it flows beneath the floor.

[Seth] (how close is the temple to the river?)

[DiablotinNarrator] Not very close - but there could be an underground stream, perhaps?

  • Seth proceeds onwards cautiously, holding the pebble before him.

[DiablotinNarrator] The chamber is lined along the left side with alcoves - you can probably make out two or three, but there could be more. Hanging in each one is a graven amulet.

[Seth] (can I see anything in the chamber at all? also, what is the age of this structure?)

[DiablotinNarrator] Make a Search check plz.

[DiablotinNarrator] And K: Arch. also.

[Seth] (41 search)

[Seth] (29 K:Arch)

[DiablotinNarrator] OK.

[DiablotinNarrator] You believe this chamber is older than the temple above, though not ancient.

[DiablotinNarrator] You also notice some unusual features about the chamber.

[DiablotinNarrator] There is a gap of a few inches between the edge of the floor and the wall, on both sides. There are also some faint scrapes along the base of the walls. Most unsettling, you feel the slightest shift in the floor when you set foot onto it.

[Seth] (shift as in pressure plate kind of shift?)

[DiablotinNarrator] With your super-duper search roll, you believe that walking to one side or the other could be a trap, making the entire floor tip and dump you into.. whatever is underneath.

[DiablotinNarrator] (is that clear? or do you need better desc.?)

[Seth] (so basically if I were to walk to the left to the alcoves a few feet, it could tip. But I am standing about 10 ft. from the alcoves, in a 20' wide room?)

[DiablotinNarrator] If you are in the middle of the room, it doesn't tip. If you were to approach the alcoves on the left, or the nothing at the right of the room, you believe the entire floor would pivot on some sort of centre axis and dump whoever is standing on it.

[DiablotinNarrator] It might be possible to balance it, with suitable weight. Or, if you walked straight down the middle, it would probably be ok.

  • Seth walks down the middle to see what is at the end, as long as it feels stable enough.

[DiablotinNarrator] Make a Balance check please.

[Seth] (also, use my scarab to check for golems)

[Seth] (16)

[Seth] (if I feel it actually tipping, I will jump up and to the left, then feather fall down to one of the alcoves)

[DiablotinNarrator] You have made it out onto the floor far enough that you can make out a final alcove, larger than the others, containing a head...

[DiablotinNarrator] The entire room is about 100 feet long, and there look to be seven alcoves, each with its own amulet.

[DiablotinNarrator] There is some commotion up above, and the clatter of heavy feet descending the staircase.

[Seth] (seven, all to the left?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (correct)

  • Seth calls out: "Stay back!"

[Voice] Step aside, in the name of the Patriarch!

  • Voice comes from a large, mustached man in heavy armor ornamented with a prominent gilded sign of the Wheel, who is now standing at

the base of the stairs and eyeing you angrily.

[Seth] Yes, what is it?

  • Seth tries to not sound too annoyed.

[Voice] I am Ser Royse Dyess of the Order of the Spoke, and I command you to step aside.

[Ser_Royse] These artifacts are under the protection of the church!

[Seth] Ser, I am here under the authority of His Imperial Majesty himself. Your liege instructed me to be here.

  • Ser_Royse takes a few steps forward, and you can feel the floor beginning to tip...

[Seth] Stay back! It is not stable!

  • Seth says, definitely sounding more annoyed.

[Ser_Royse] What is this trickery?

  • Ser_Royse bellows.

[Seth] A trap, built centuries before the Greysmoke Temple, even.

[Seth] Well-designed, to function still after so many years.

  • Ser_Royse manages to centre himself, at least, so the floor steadies itself.
  • Ser_Royse looks displeased.

[Ser_Royse] I command you to step aside.... er. Step back. Carefully.

[Seth] Ser Royse, my name is Seth Argo. I am appointed by the Emperor to investigate this temple and, if possible, to retrieve the golem Schesutte. If you are not here to help me, then I ask you at least to stay back so that you do not plummet into the pit. I say 'you' because I am well-protected against such an eventuality.

[Seth] I will not step aside.

[Ser_Royse] You threaten me?

[Seth] No, ser. I threaten nothing, although I have now warned you ... twice.

[Ser_Royse] These artifacts are possessions of the Church. The Emperor has no authority to disperse them without the Patriarch's blessing.

[Seth] That is not for me to judge.

[Seth] I have been ordered to come here, so I am here.

[Ser_Royse] As have I.

[Seth] By whom?

[Ser_Royse] By the Reverend Mother of my order, and others of the council of Reverends.

[Seth] Ser Royse, I must continue to carry out my appointed duty.

[Seth] (is he on the floor or still in the hallway/staircase?)

[Ser_Royse] Then we are an an impass, for so must I.

  • Ser_Royse is at the edge of the floor, maybe 10 feet from the staircase.
  • Ser_Royse draws his sword.

[Seth] Ser, you know as well as I that if you should attack, you will fall. I give you my assurance that, when that happens, I will do what I can to rescue you.

[Ser_Royse] You can continue your efforts - but know that you will not be leaving this chamber with these artifacts.

  • Ser_Royse seems inclined to wait by the door - after all, you have no other way out...
  • Seth walks carefully as close to the 7th alcove as he can, then inspects it. If necessary, using clairvoyance.

[DiablotinNarrator] In the furthest alcove, deep in shadows, sits the head. It is large, stone, impassive, as if it has been waiting patiently for you all this time.

[Seth] (roughly how big is it / how much would it weigh?)

[DiablotinNarrator] It would probably weigh 70-80 lbs, you estimate. Liftable but heavy.

[Seth] (and the amulets in the other alcoves? what do they look like?)

[DiablotinNarrator] They all look roughly the same, at least from this distance. Circular, about palm-sized, with some sorts of engravings on them.

  • Seth gets out his sketchpad, and draws them.
  • Ser_Royse looks impatient.

[Ser_Royse] What are you doing?

  • Ser_Royse shouts from the far end of the room.

[Seth] Ser Royse, these artifacts have laid in this place for centuries. Before anyone disturbs them, I am ensuring that we know how they looked _in situ_.

[Ser_Royse] In what?

  • Seth sighs in exasperation.

[Seth] In the place where they lay.

[Ser_Royse] Then why didn't you say that.

  • Ser_Royse mutters.
  • Seth ignores the clod.

[Seth] (once done, I will toss my pebble all the way to the end of the chamber, to see what I can see down there.)

[DiablotinNarrator] Oh, the alcove with the head is at the end of the chamber. There's nothing further.

[Seth] (ok then forget that)

  • Seth slips into the wall to see if there is any escape that way)

[Seth] (the back wall of the chamber)

[DiablotinNarrator] Into the far wall? opposite the stairs?

[Seth] (yeah)

[DiablotinNarrator] You can step into the wall, but it is too thick for you to get out the other side. You could walk through it to the alcove, though.

[Seth] (yeah I know that)

[Ser_Royse] Where did you go?

  • Ser_Royse bellows.

[Seth] Well, Ser Royse, it appears that I have two options. I could simply take the head and abscond with it, or I could return and allow higher powers to sort this out.

[DiablotinNarrator] (are you still within the wall?)

[Seth] (yes - I believe I can speak and be heard, right?)

[Seth] (did we ever resolve that?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yes, you can - it's probably a bit muffled but audible. just checking where you were)

  • Seth steps out.

[Seth] As you see, I could very readily escape you, if I so wished.

  • Ser_Royse takes a few steps further, wobbling the floor uneasily.
  • Seth tosses the rock down towards Ser Royse, then slips through the wall again (under cover of darkness/shadow), then slips around the right wall and back to the staircase, then re-emerges.
  • Ser_Royse jumps, startled, when you emerge behind him, and the floor begins to tip.

[DiablotinNarrator] Are you still on the floor or actually in the staircase?

  • Seth reaches out to grab him and pull him back, if possible.

[Seth] (staircase)

[DiablotinNarrator] He's like 15 feet away, you would have to go onto the floor to grab him.

[Seth] Quickly, get back, you fool!

  • Ser_Royse is trying to run back...
  • Ser_Royse 's heavy armour impedes his efforts, and he slides with the floor as it tips almost vertically. You hear a splash from somewhere below, and then the floor tips itself back once more, without his weight on it.

[Seth] *sigh*

[Seth] (I presume the pebble fell in with him?)

[DiablotinNarrator] Yes.

  • Seth uses clairvoyance to see what's going on down there

[DiablotinNarrator] There's a flowing stream, presumably it heads in the direction of the river. He's being carried away...

[DiablotinNarrator] His armour is making it difficult for him to keep above water.

  • Seth yells up to whoever is upstairs.

[Seth] Ser Royce has fallen into a trap! Aid is needed!

[Seth] Help!

[DiablotinNarrator] Some workers and priests will come at your call.

[Seth] The floor tilts - he walked too far in one direction and fell in.

[Seth] There is a stream underneath - it must lead to the river, but he was in heavy armor!

[DiablotinNarrator] There is panicked commotion, but some of the priests seem like they are going to try to help.

[DiablotinNarrator] What are you going to do, Seth?

  • Seth is going to wait for whoever is going after him to help, then go and take the head and leave.

[Seth] (leave the chamber, not the temple)

[Seth] (I am putting the head and amulets with all the other golem parts)

[DiablotinNarrator] OK. The rescue efforts seem well underway, so you proceed down to the head.

[DiablotinNarrator] When you touch it, you hear - or imagine? - a faint whisper. "At last, you found me," it says.

  • Seth smiles.

Ilphere, Alma and Sanadhil

[DiablotinNarrator] The group who will be attempting the exorcism of Madelen arrive at the appointed time at the home of the Chief Sorcerer, where she is being kept. Someone - probably a tabloid reporter - is loitering near the gates, watching you go in.

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma is bringing Danyel? San, were you bringing Dozilva too?

[Sanadhil] (D is perfectly welcome!)

  • Sanadhil will use his innate suggestion to tell the loiterer to go away and forget those he saw coming in :p
  • Alma glares at the loiterer.

[DiablotinNarrator] ok :)

  • Alma looks particularly righteously at him @_@
  • Loick welcomes you in when you arrive. He looks somewhat weary.

[Loick] Thank you all for coming.

  • Ilphere looks around at the rather larger than expected group.

[Sanadhil] of course - I'm eagre to sort this matter out

[Alma] The poor woman...

[Loick] I think we should discuss our plans before going to see her... we wouldn't want to give ... the thing... any forwarning of what we're going to do.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Alma pulls out her list of pre-emptive spells to go over once it's her turn ^_^

[Sanadhil] I've been informed of the basic plan... I have some spells that can help boost the resistance of those involved

[Loick] So, the basics of the plan are as follows, if I understand correctly. We will have a Dimensional Lock cast in the girl's vicinity. Someone will have to be in there with her in order to remove the shackles, at which point a Banishment will be cast. This should force the entity out of her body, but it will not be able to leave the area.

[Alma] I am capable of Banishment, but unfortunately not Dimensional Lock...

[Loick] Any other assistance that can be provided - to make it more difficult for the entity to possess anyone else, for instance - would be much appreciated.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] I can cast a magic circle of protection...

[Sanadhil] how do we plan to keep the creature inside the dimentional lock once it is cast?

[Alma] (Take that back.)

[Loick] It won't be able to leave by planar travel, but it can still leave by normal means, if it is in a physical form. We'll have to stop it if it attempts to leave.

[Alma] That is a good question...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] Do we think the creature will be forced into a solid form by this combination of spells?

[Loick] I'm not certain. It probably depends what its natural form is.

[Sanadhil] I have some spells that may be able to help with that.... but I can't say without knowing what we're dealing with

[Loick] If it is normally ethereal, it could be forced into that form, for instance.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Loick] In one sense, that would be rather easier, as it would have to remain within the Dimensional Lock.

[Loick] But we would have to be able to perceive and affect it.

[Sanadhil] it would be prudent to have someone with true seeign or greater arcane sight cast, incase it is ethereal or invisible

  • Loick nods.

[Loick] I have a cloak of etherealness which I took the precaution of borrowing from the treasury.

[Loick] I would be happy to provide it to whoever can make best use of it.

[Alma] I have brought some of the ointment for true seeing, though I can see the invisible regardless.

  • Alma goes over her list @_@
  • Sanadhil considers

[Alma] Though I had been considering Eagle's Splendour as well considering you are mostly sorcerors...

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Alma looks at Dozilva uncertainly...

[Alma] (I take that back -_-)

[Sanadhil] I was planning to cast heroism on those most directly involved...involve

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure who wuld be best suited to take the cloak

[Sanadhil] (-...involve, where did that come from o_O)

[Alma] It seems sensiblethat Danyel and I be the ones closest to Madelen and remove the chains...

[Loick] Remember, of course, that even if it is ethereal, force effects will still harm it. If anyone has spells of that nature, perhaps they should take the cloak.

[Alma] Hmmm, they need merely see the creature then, no?

[Loick] Correct - if they are to target it with a Magic Missile for instance.

[Alma] Then see invisibility would be sufficient?

[Alma] Or True Seeing

[DiablotinNarrator] So you suggest that Ser Danyel might benefit most from the cloak, if he is to attack the entity with his weapon?

[DiablotinNarrator] (ww)

[Loick] So you suggest that Ser Danyel might benefit most from the cloak, if he is to attack the entity with his weapon?

[Alma] Yes, perhaps. I will be enchanting his weapon but he would still frequently miss...

  • Loick provides Danyel with the cloak, then.

[DiablotinNarrator] Who is getting the TS?

[Ilphere] I can cast a fair number of Magic Missiles...

[DiablotinNarrator] And/or the See Invisibility.

[Ilphere] Probably eight...

[Alma] Who cannot see the ethereal?

  • Alma assumes Sanadhil can with Arcane Sight?
  • Sanadhil is good

[Loick] I can make use of See Invisibility.

[Ilphere] I cannot, not usually...

  • Alma will cast True Seeing as a domain spell on Ilphere in the run-up

[Sanadhil] (well I actaully need true sight, but i can cast it)

  • Alma looks lastly to Dozilva, presuming she's coming in.

[Dozilva] I will be fine, thank you.

[Alma] Excellent.

[Loick] So Sister Alma, you are volunteering to place yourself and Ser Danyel within the circle with the girl, while the rest of us remain outside the area?

  • Sanadhil will cast heroism on himself, Ilphere, Alma, Loick, Dozilva, and Danyel

[Alma] Yes, I believe we are likely the best candidates :)

[Loick] Obviously if things seem to be going wrong, we will enter to assist you.

[Alma] If they go badly enough we may end up backing up a little anyhow :)

  • Loick nods.

[Loick] Are we ready to proceed, then?

[Sanadhil] I believe so

  • Ilphere adjusts her goggles and prepares to take notes.
  • Sanadhil is casting true seeing on himself, btw
  • Loick will lead the way up to the spare bedroom, then.
  • Madelen is naked, kneeling in the centre of the rug, her wrists bound with heavy chains, but at least she looks as if she's been cared for, cleaned and fed and so on.
  • Madelen looks up when you enter.

[DiablotinNarrator] San, you will of course recognize her.

[Sanadhil] . o O (Sigh)

[Sanadhil] hm.

  • Alma does her best to smile reassuringly.
  • Madelen seems to recognize you as well...

[Alma] Madelen?

[Sanadhil] We're here to try and help you...

  • Madelen squirms closer to San.

[Madelen] Oh, it's you! I remember you. I don't remember your name, but I remember your hands on me, and how good you felt...

[Madelen] Did you come to help me? Or are you here to fuck me again? I'd like that, but it would be so much better if you'd just take these chains off. I'll do *whatever* you want...

[Ilphere] ...

[Ilphere] . o O ( ... Awkward...! )

  • Madelen tries to get to San, but her chains are impeding her movement.

[Alma] o_O

[Sanadhil] :to Ilphere She's in the order....

  • Alma looks to Sanadhil briefly.

[Sanadhil] : -_-

[Ilphere] : -_-

[Sanadhil] No.

[Alma] .oO( I suppose Mr. Orecalo has been to the Jewel Box)

  • Sanadhil says calmly

[Sanadhil] We are here to help you.

[Alma] We've come to help her, yes.

[Ilphere] : Do you think Phedre knows?

[Sanadhil] :I have no idea

[Alma] Let's begin.

  • Loick nods.
  • Sanadhil will try casting charm monster while Alma is setting up

[DiablotinNarrator] save DC?

[Sanadhil] (21)

  • Alma casts Dimensional Lock
  • Madelen smiles at San, fetchingly.

[Sanadhil] Who are you?

  • Alma centers it on Madelen's current location.

[Madelen] Madelen Levernois.

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[Alma] No, you're inside of Madelen.

  • Alma casts Banishment.

[Alma] Now get out!

[Sanadhil] I know there is something else in there as well

  • Sanadhil waits to see what it is @_@
  • Ilphere waits...
  • Madelen suddenly arches her back, and then drops to the ground as if her strings have been cut.

[DiablotinNarrator] The entity that emerges from her looks humanoid in form, but it is far from human. It is at least seven feet tall, but horribly emaciated. Its joints move unnaturally in too many directions, its fingers are little more than boneless tendrils. Its skin seems almost liquid, a morass of brown mixed with livid purple patches that slither over its body.

[DiablotinNarrator] Its bulbous face appears to be wrapped in some sort of crusted, yellowish fabric, which might be a small mercy, as whatever horror lies beneath the wrappings is thus obscured.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Ilphere] (K: planes?)

[Alma] (Yes that! :D)

[Sanadhil] what *are* you o_O

[DiablotinNarrator] It is ethereal.

  • Sanadhil will roll also..

[DiablotinNarrator] Those of you with K: planes know without rolling that you have never seen or heard of anything like this thing.

[Alma] (26)

[Alma] ...

[Ilphere] [w] What ... *is* that...? :o

[Sanadhil] (26)

  • Danyel moves to attack it with his sword.

[Sanadhil] ...get her out of there

  • Ilphere begins to write rapidly.
  • Alma will cast Holy Aura asap unless we're into init

[Entity] NO NO NO NO NO! THIS ONE LEAVES THIS BODY, GOES TO THE CYST, NO HARM!

[Ilphere] The cyst..?

[Ilphere] What is the cyst?

  • Alma Detects Evil.

[Sanadhil] what is the cyst?

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, you detect evil from this creature, of a moderate power.

  • Danyel hits it once, twice, and it immediately crumples and dies.

[Alma] (Meaning we should be able to nuke it?)

[Alma] ...

  • Sanadhil nods to ilphere, but will see if he can pull madelen out of the circle with his ring...

[Sanadhil] what...

  • Danyel looks startled.

[Sanadhil] that seemed too easy :|

  • Alma continues to detect evil in the area.

[Alma] Far too easy...

  • Danyel is also suspicious.
  • Danyel pokes the thing with his boot.
  • Ilphere frowns...

[Sanadhil] I wish it havd been given a chance to answer...

[Ilphere] Indeed...!

  • Sanadhil frowns at danyel

[Danyel] Sorry?

[Alma] Well, until I detected evil, there was no reason to believei t was not a considerable threat to us.

[Sanadhil] Is Mlle. lavernois alright?

[Danyel] I didn't know it would die that easily.

[Alma] Talking would have reduced the amount of time our protectives were active.

  • Madelen is unconscious.
  • Alma will go to tend to Madelen

[Alma] And don't touch it any more... "Cyst" sounds like a disease.

[Sanadhil] yes.

  • Alma checks Madelen over.
  • Danyel steps back from it.

[Sanadhil] are we sure its dead?

[Ilphere] How would one tell...?

  • Alma looks at it with Deathwatch.

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma - it is dead.

[Alma] That... whatever it is, is dead.

  • Madelen seems physically well, but still unconscious. The effects on her mental state may be more severe...

[Sanadhil] Maybe she will have some better answers once she is awake...

[Sanadhil] can someone get her something to wear?

[Ilphere] We must hope so...

  • Alma has conveniently brought a robe.
  • Alma sends Danyel to get it from her pack.

[Alma] She's well physically...

  • Alma looks around.

[Sanadhil] hmm

  • Loick will get some water for her.
  • Madelen comes around soon enough.

[Madelen] What... what happened? Is it gone?

[Alma] Yes, dear. It is dead.

[Sanadhil] what happened?

[Sanadhil] Do you remember where it came from?

[Madelen] I... I don't know where it came from. It was just... in my head one day.

  • Sanadhil tries to tell if she is telling the truth

[Alma] Do you recall that day in particular? Were you anywhere strange, with anyone strange?

[Sanadhil] do you remember what you were doing? who you were with?

[Sanadhil] (26 sm -_-)

  • Madelen seems to be telling the truth, as far as you are concerned, San.

[Ilphere] DO you know anything of its motives...?

  • Alma will also SM

[Ilphere] DId it communicate with you at all...?

[Alma] (34 pfft)

[Ilphere] (sm too yo)

[Sanadhil] I suppose we shoudl give you a chance to answer.... -_-

[Madelen] I was ... near the Arch, when I first felt it talking to me. But it could have been there longer. Sometimes it would go silent and I'd think it might be gone...

[Ilphere] (38)

[Alma] ...

  • Alma looks at Sanadhil
  • Alma SMs HIM.

[Sanadhil] near the arch?

  • Madelen nods.

[Alma] (fff 33)

[Sanadhil] :to madelen was it at a meeting?

[Madelen] At one of the ... the rites they have there. I just went for fun...I didn't know what it would be like.

[Sanadhil] (38 :3)

[Sanadhil] when was this?

  • Alma frowns

[Madelen] It was in the summer...

  • Madelen looks briefly confused.

[Madelen] Last summer?

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Sanadhil] . O ( ]_[)

[Madelen] Sometimes I think it would make me do things. But I wouldn't remember it afterwards...

[Alma] Does "the cyst" mean anything to you?

[Madelen] I think that's... where it came from?

[Madelen] It's a place.

[Sanadhil] on this plane?

[Madelen] I don't know.

[Alma] (K-planes would likely come up empty re: the Cyst)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yes)

[Madelen] Most of the time, it was just sitting... watching. Learning.

[Alma] Learning? About what?

[Madelen] About us. About here.

[Ilphere] Was it in communication with some other entity?

[Madelen] I don't know. Maybe in the parts I don't remember it could have been...

[Madelen] Thank you so much for ... for helping me...

  • Madelen begins to cry.
  • Sanadhil will cast break enchantment @_@

[Alma] It's alright... it's over now.

  • Alma will comfort her as well she can -_-

[Sanadhil] ...

[Alma] Do you have somewhere you can spend some time, dear?

[Alma] Family in the city?

[Sanadhil] Friends?

[Madelen] M-my grandmother, I suppose...

[Alma] We could take you there to get you back on your feet?

  • Alma will look to see if she thinks that's a viable option.

[Loick] [q] We'll want to take her out of here carefully, or the Scourge will have all our pictures on the front page.

[Alma] We need not take the door.

[Sanadhil] [q] That shoudl be easily enough done.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Loick nods.

[Alma] (Honestly Alma will just pick up another orphan if Madelen doesn't think it would work :P)

[Alma] (Or at least offer)

[Sanadhil] I know this has been very trying for you.... but if you should remember anything - anything at all, its important that we learn what we can of this creatures origins and goals

  • Madelen seems ok with going to her grandmother's.
  • Madelen nods slowly.

[Madelen] I will, of course.

[Madelen] Thank you.

[Sanadhil] I'm sure you could come to Duke Silveira, by myself or Countess Alma would be happy to help you as well

  • Madelen nods.
  • Alma will help Madelen to her feet.

[Sanadhil] or Primcess Ilphere, if you can reach her -_-

[Ilphere] Of course...!

[Madelen] Oh, your highness, I didn't realize it was you!

  • Madelen gives a curtsey to Ilphere.

[Ilphere] You have but to send me a message... I will help if I can.

  • Ilphere smiles graciously...

[Madelen] Thank you so very much... you've all been so good to me.

  • Loick looks a bit awkward, but nods.

[Alma] Tell me about your grandmother's.

[Alma] Just describe it to me, and I can take you there :)

  • Madelen tells you where it is.

[DiablotinNarrator] (anything further you wanted to ask her, or say to each other?)

[Sanadhil] (not right off no, but I now need to talk to earric and Phedre)

  • Alma will take Danyel with her when she goes.

[Sanadhil] I'll see if I can't look in to this further -_-

[Loick] Do you think this was just a ... an isolated incident?

[Sanadhil] I very much hope so.

[Ilphere] I will also see if I can turn up anything about this ...'cyst'

[Sanadhil] how was her possession discovered?

[Loick] Could the creature have been, uh, scouting? Sending word back to its home plane, wherever that is?

[Ilphere] I would say that is a strong possibility

[Sanadhil] I don't know if we can rule much out, at this point

[Loick] Well, the Warlord and M. Rademacher brought her to me - they discovered her. My understanding is that the Warlord found, in the previous warlord's notes, a report on demons located in the city. This girl's name was on the list, so they went to investigate her.

[Ilphere] She said there were times when it might have been absent... It could certainly have been reporting then...

  • Sanadhil nods

[Loick] Or possessing other subjects.

[Alma] (Alma informed Loick as well.)

[Sanadhil] I wish I knew where that lost came from....

[Ilphere] Indeed...

[Sanadhil] (list)

[Alma] (Once Moncaire I mentioned she'd send him the list of all four.

[Loick] Given her ... profession, it would seem likely that it could have encountered many individuals, possibly powerful ones.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] And her other habits -_-

  • Loick nods.
  • Loick sighs.

[Loick] We should attempt to keep the body for study, I suppose.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] absolutely

  • Sanadhil looks to Ilphere

[Ilphere] I should be interested to know the results of those investigations...

[Sanadhil] or conducting them? :)

[Ilphere] If you think I might be of assistance...!

[Loick] I would be delighted.

  • Loick says, offering you the honour of.. dissecting a gross creepy thing @_@

[Ilphere] It should prove fascinating...!

  • Ilphere says eagerly.

[Sanadhil] . o O (I have need million showers DL)

[Sanadhil] (I need a million showers, even)

[DiablotinNarrator] The body has materialized into this plane since the creature's death, I should have mentioned.

[DiablotinNarrator] So you can.. remove it @_@

Ysabeau and Fern

  • Ysabeau is rather more nervous about this meeting than with her paternal family's. For one, it might not be Fern, for two, if it is, Fern might not care to have anything to do with her.
  • Ysabeau finds it strange that Fern would have ignored her so completely for the two years they've been in the society together, when it's known I look so much like my mother. :/
  • Ysabeau waddles herself over to the Society HQ where she has made an appointment to chat with Fern...
  • Fern can be found at the Society.
  • Ysabeau located her and shyly makes her presence known.

[Ysabeau] Good afternoon, Fern. I hope you are well?

  • Fern is about sixty years old, with short grey curls, still with a hint of brown, and green eyes.

[Fern] Yes, thank you. What can I do for you?

[Ysabeau] I hope you can help me with a few questions I have, maybe...

[Fern] If I can, certainly.

  • Ysabeau nods. She seems a bit hesitant.

[Ysabeau] I've been looking into my family's history, lately. Well, with a baby on the way, it seems more important. You see, my sister and I were orphaned about nine years ago...

[Ysabeau] Anyway, I learned that my mother was from House Rat.

  • Fern listens.

[Ysabeau] Furthermore, it seems she was one of the more traditional members. She went by a first name only: Tersa.

[Fern] I see.

  • Ysabeau will be SMing Fern for any hints of lying or twisting the truth, any body language or anything like that which suggests she knows more than she is letting on.

[DiablotinNarrator] (you can roll)

[Ysabeau] (37)

  • Fern seems somewhat stiff, uncomfortable perhaps, with this conversation.

[Ysabeau] So, as you are a scholar of the history of House Rat, I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of any living family members, possibly.

[Fern] I don't recognize the name. I'm sorry.

  • Fern is not being truthful, you can tell.
  • Ysabeau sighs, a bit regretfully perhaps.

[Ysabeau] Her marriage record states that she was "Therese Fougere." But two independant sources who knew her provided me with the name Tersa.

  • Fern winces slightly, but tries to conceal it.

[Ysabeau] One of those sources also provided the information that her mother was a scholar.

[Ysabeau] "Fougere" is [Middle Aveyronnais? or some other language] for "fern."

[Fern] I'm afraid I can't help you, mademoiselle.

  • Fern says stiffly.

[Ysabeau] Perhaps it is all a very large coincidence. If not, rest assured that I'm not looking for a warm, tearful reunion or anything of that sort.

[Fern] If this ... Tersa... gave up her name and her House, then she has nothing to do with me.

[Ysabeau] I understand. If you had wanted a relationship with me you had two years to initiate one. But please, I am wondering if you can tell me anything about my mother's father. I will get out of your hair and pretend this episode never happened if you can do that one small thing for me.

  • Fern frowns.

[Ysabeau] Please.

[Fern] My husband died many years ago. His name was Rix.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Fern] I don't believe there's anything further I can help you with, Mlle. Chanuier.

[Ysabeau] Was he from House Rat?

[Fern] Of course.

[Ysabeau] (truth?)

  • Fern is telling the truth about her husband's name and his House.

[Ysabeau] Was Rix Tersa's father?

  • Fern stands up.

[Fern] I have nothing further to discuss concerning this matter.

  • Ysabeau casts Charm Person.

[DiablotinNarrator] save DC?

[Ysabeau] (17)

  • Fern looks offended.

[Fern] I see how it is. Good day, Mlle. Chanuier.

  • Fern departs, angrily.

[Ysabeau] Wait, please!

  • Ysabeau doesn't expect she will, though.
  • Fern leaves despite your pleas.

[Ysabeau] (in which case I can do nothing further, and I guess my scene is over.)

[DiablotinNarrator] (if you choose not to follow her)

  • Ysabeau gets angry and chases after her, then. :P

[Ysabeau] (grapple? lol. Pregnant lady beats up old lady. not. I just want to grab her shoulder or something, so she kind of has to pay attention to me.)

  • Fern is exiting the Society's hall when you catch up with her.
  • Fern turns when you grab her shoulder.

[Fern] You don't give up, do you.

[Ysabeau] I'm not asking out of idle curiosity. If idle curiosity were my only motivation, I wouldn't even have bothered you to begin with.

[Ysabeau] I'm asking hard questions because it might be important in some way.

  • Fern thins her lips.

[Fern] This is *my life* you are asking about. It is important to *me*.

[Ysabeau] I understand that. I fear that it might be important to my child, as well, perhaps.

[Fern] Your child? It will grow up and break your heart.

[Ysabeau] It might break the hearts of more than just me, Fern.

[Fern] What do you expect me do to about it?

[Ysabeau] There are Legend Lores, about my husband, and his father. And there are our creation myths, and I don't know what it all means yet, if anything, but that is why I am asking you these terrible questions.

[Ysabeau] Between my husband and I, this child has blood - newly, going back only to our grandparents - from almost every House.

[Fern] So?

[Ysabeau] Can we go back inside? I don't want everyone in the street hearing me. Please.

  • Fern steps back inside the door, grudgingly.
  • Ysabeau will take her back to a private study room and explain about the LL which suggests the baby is a herald of some great change, and how the cosmogony speaks of the end of the great day when all the bloodlines meet once more, etc.

[Fern] ...

  • Ysabeau probably grows more distressed as she goes on.

[Ysabeau] You probably think I am crazy.

[Fern] I don't know.

[Ysabeau] I wish I knew if I was.

[Fern] I can't say I understand all of this. It seems so incredible.

  • Ysabeau tries to stop crying.

[Fern] [w] ... I don't know who the father was. Very well? There were three of them, they attacked me, that's all. I prefer to believe it was my husband's child.

[Ysabeau] I'm sorry.

  • Ysabeau pulls herself together enough to try to offer comfort.

[Fern] It's nothing for you to be sorry about.

  • Fern straightens up as well.

[Ysabeau] It is, though. For being the cause of bringing back terrible memories. I'm sorry for that, Fern.

[Fern] You have brought back those memories since the first day I saw you.

  • Fern says, not angrily though.
  • Ysabeau nods, feeling drained.

[Ysabeau] Everyone said we look like her.

[Ysabeau] And she liked to sing, too.

[Ysabeau] I'm sorry.

  • Fern nods.

[Fern] It isn't your fault. I'm sorry too.

[Fern] You can't be blamed.

[Ysabeau] Neither can you.

  • Fern shrugs.

[Ysabeau] You were brave for keeping the baby. I... didn't.

  • Ysabeau pauses, not certain why she mentioned that.

[Fern] I couldn't be sure. That it wasn't his. I couldn't give it up, not knowing.

[Ysabeau] I understand.

  • Fern nods.

[Fern] I... I'll be going now.

[Ysabeau] Well... okay.

[Ysabeau] Would you prefer things go on as if today never happened?

[Ysabeau] I'm pretty good at pretending.

[Fern] No. I'm tired of pretending things never happened.

[Ysabeau] All right.

[Ysabeau] You could come to my house sometime, if you liked. We could have you over for a meal or something?

[Fern] I don't know. I'll think about it.

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] I'll wait for your answer.

[Ysabeau] Please take care, Fern.

[Ysabeau] Thank you for talking to me.

[Fern] You too, Ysabeau.

  • Fern departs, looking older.

Sanadhil and Guillame

[Sanadhil] (Does G frequent the society enough that a chance encounter is possible?)

[Guillame] (Probably around once a month, although more to socialize than for research)

[Sanadhil] (oh hey, meetings!)

  • Sanadhil will try and catch Guy after one of the weekly meetings, if he's made an appearance
  • Sanadhil possibly looks a little tired/overworked

[Sanadhil] Good evening, Your Grace.

[Guillame] Good evening, M. Orecalo! Still working hard?

[Sanadhil] harder than ever - I am teaching a new class at the castalia, but wasn't given much notice beforehand.

[Sanadhil] Its very engaging, but time consuming.

[Sanadhil] Have you been well?

[Guillame] Neither well not unwell, on balance - which I suppose is a happy balance to strike.

[Sanadhil] Indeed.

[Sanadhil] How are your wife and sister?

[Guillame] Both well, and Silvia has found a renewed interest in her studies.

[Sanadhil] oh - what is she studying?

[Guillame] Religion, of some kind, as I understand it.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] The Way of the wheel, or something more traditional?

[Sanadhil] I'd heard somewhere that before the emergence, House Rat used to follows beliefs that may have been more in libe with some of the druidic beliefs of some Cozovode elves...

[Guillame] Really?

  • Guillame seems surprised

[Sanadhil] at least, that it was more nature oriented, with some ability to assume animal shapes

[Sanadhil] of course there are many rumours about your house :|

  • Guillame eyes Sanadhil suspiciously

[Guillame] (Which he must be used to by now)

[Guillame] I'd love to hear about these "druidic" beliefs, to see if there are other similarities

[Sanadhil] its hard to know if there is any basis in truth...

[Sanadhil] I'm not an expert - my experiences are more with the hierarchical priesthood..

[Sanadhil] But of course it all relates, in essense, to the believe that all things are created from the substance of stars, and living things have a stronger concebntration...

[Guillame] Well, I am convinced of the stories of people taking rat-shapes, if nothing else, although I haven't yet published anything for fear of an incomplete report tarnishing anyone's reputation.

[Sanadhil] *nod*

[Sanadhil] it would be difficult to prove without a living pratitioner... but I know the Druids back home are capable of such things.

[Sanadhil] By analogy, at least, it may give you more support

[Guillame] Thank you, M. Maybe if I find the time, I could ask you to arrange for me to meet someone for further research?

[Sanadhil] That would be difficult, I'm afraid - i don't know any druids personally, and certainly not any outside of the country.

[Sanadhil] if I ever do hear of such a thing, I can see about putting you in touch.

[Guillame] My thanks.

  • Sanadhil says apologetically, but is thinking about his aunt's homestead, and what he might do there still, if he ever has a chance, and whether there might be a chance for research

[Sanadhil] there were a few other matters I wished to speak to you about, perhaps in provate?

[Sanadhil] It shouldn't take much of your time - I think we are both fairly busy

[Guillame] Certainly

  • Sanadhil nods his thanks and will go to one of the research rooms
  • Guillame follows

[Sanadhil] The first thing I wanted to ask about was whether you ever had any more news of Thea Vermillion or Phelix Valtieras

[Sanadhil] ?

[Guillame] Precious little - we may have known where Thea was living, but she's almost certainly not there now.

[Guillame] Phelix is in the wind.

[Sanadhil] what do you mean?

[Guillame] I mean that I may as well try to find an individual leaf as to find Phelix at the moment, not that I've stopped looking.

[Sanadhil] And Mlle Vermillion?

[Guillame] Isn't where she was before, posing in Duke Kizer's household.

[Guillame] Do you have any tidings yourself?

[Sanadhil] hmm... some, but not on this matter

  • Sanadhil sighs thoughtfully

[Sanadhil] I am planning to talk to Laeken again, to see if i can get him to divulge more about his pact with Emkathon

[Sanadhil] If I could give him some kind of indication of what Kavreshar is up to *now* perhaps he woudl be more willing to share.

[Sanadhil] What was she doing in the Duke's household? Hiding?

[Sanadhil] Do you know if she was still with Phelix? or Kavreshar, in some other form?

[Guillame] I think so, yes, although I can't say for sure. I gather that she disappeared again after failing to assassinate the Duke himself.

[Guillame] Although I have no idea why.

[Sanadhil] Well, its something, I suppose...

[Sanadhil] thank you.

[Sanadhil] I'll let you know if anything comes from that converstaion - perhaps laeken will know ssomething that coudl be beneficial to finding, or trapping him.

[Guillame] I'm still not certain that she's acting in full knowledge, or under her own control - but I'm less inclined than before to take a chance.

[Sanadhil] If he was able to bind Emkathon, he may be able to do the same with Kavreshar if he can be convinced of its necessary

[Sanadhil] you think she's been enchanted?

[Guillame] Yes - we really need something like that if we are able to find him.

[Guillame] I don't know. She was offended when I tried to warn her, so I don't think she knew then

[Sanadhil] Laken described Emkathon as being innately begiuiling, not through any power exerted, but just from the power of her presence

[Sanadhil] kavreshar may have some kind of similar effect

[Guillame] Indeed

[Sanadhil] My experience of her was entirely overwhelming - perhaps it is similar with Mlle Vermillion.

[Sanadhil] Especially if she has any natural inclination towards the concepts he stands for... Revenge, or some kind of twisted justice

[Guillame] Yes.

[Sanadhil] That may be enough to keep her with him

[Sanadhil] Thank you, in any case.

[Sanadhil] The other matter is also somewhat delicate....

[Sanadhil] Please excuse me if I am making false assumptions, to start with.

  • Guillame listens

[Sanadhil] But, ah, I am wondering if you might be willing to help me gain an audience with your wife to inquire about one of her...

  • Sanadhil considers his word choice for a moment and finally settles on "associate."

[Sanadhil] A woman that I recall from your wedding, Madelen Levernois.

[Guillame] I'll ask her if she'll see you, certainly. Do you mind if I ask after the business, so I can relate it to Portia?

[Sanadhil] It is a very delicate and discrete matter, and I'm only a consultant in the affair, so I'm not certain how much authority I have to be blunt

[Guillame] I'll certainly put it to her.

[Sanadhil] But I trust you and her grace to be discrete, so I can tell you, at least, that it has come to light that Mlle Levernois has recently been found to have been under magical control, for quite some time.

[Sanadhil] I'me hoping that someone who may have known her somewhat better may be able to reveal more information about any changes in behaviour, or personality.

[Guillame] I appreciate your being forthright - Portia would certainly want to know of this.

  • Sanadhil nods.

[Sanadhil] If she is willing to speak to me, I can be most easily reached at the Castalia, these days.

  • Guillame nods.
  • Sanadhil will give you his ofice number

[Sanadhil] Thank you for your time then - I won't keep you any longer.

[Guillame] And thank you for yours!

  • Guillame bows and leaves

Guillame, Aden, Emoune and Fitz

[DiablotinNarrator] Guillame, the air is distinctly cold this far north at this time of year, even inside the ducal palace. Servants who have evidently been awaiting your arrival bow politely and move to escort you through the palace's corridors to the duchess's bedchamber.

  • Emoune looks very small and frail lying in her vast sea of pillows. Her face is milk-white, stark against the black of her hair.
  • Emoune smiles slightly when she sees you.

[Emoune] How sweet of you to come, dear.

  • Aden_ is seated at her bedside, but stands to welcome you when you arrive.

[Aden_] Thank you for coming...

[Guillame] I wouldn't be anywhere else

[Emoune] You came in time, that's all that matters. I'm sure that Aden will need you soon.

  • Emoune waves a hand airily, but even that much effort seems to pain her and she drops it back to the silken bedspread.

[Guillame] Well, I'm here for him... but while I'm here, maybe I can help to keep your company and lighten your days a little too?

[Emoune] That's kind of you. Perhaps in a little while you can read to me, if you wish - Aden's probably gotten quite sick of it.

  • Guillame gives Emoune a grin, slightly cracked by the sourness of the room but charming nonetheless

[Guillame] Of course!

[Emoune] Soon, then. But for now, do you mind if I speak with Aden privately? Just for a little...

  • Aden_ shrugs, smiling wanly.

[Guillame] Not at all

[Aden_] You can wait next door if you want - I'll show you.

  • Aden_ leads you to an adjacent room, which looks like it must be the duchess's personal study.

[Guillame] Thanks - I'll be ok here

[Aden_] [q] She's anxious about the inheritance. She's gone over it with me probably half a dozen times already, but I think she forgets...

[Aden_] Just make yourself comfortable.

  • Guillame browses the bookshelves for interesting texts
  • Aden_ gives you a quick kiss, then hurries back to his mother's side, leaving you there.

[DiablotinNarrator] The room is homey, a bit cluttered, and still feels very strongly inhabited. Papers are still strewn on the desk, waiting for a signature that may never come, and a novel sits open beside an armchair near the fire.

[DiablotinNarrator] Suddenly, and without warning, a man appears. He is tall and thin, wrapped in a hooded cloak that somewhat obscures his face, and seems very surprised to see you sitting there.

[Man] Who are you?

  • Guillame blinks and puts his hand on his hilt
  • Man asks warily, his hand already on a knife at his belt.

[Guillame] I could ask you the same; I am here by invitation

[Man] I'm the Duke of Greywatch, and I'm given to understand that my wife is dying.

  • Man speaks softly, but there is a distinct tension in his voice.

[Man] What are you doing here, precisely?

[Guillame] You understand correctly. I present myself Guillame Rionet, Duke of Corcyra, and I am here in support of my close friend Aden.

[Man] Hm.

[Man] So he's here too, then.

[Guillame] Yes, he is. Tell me, will they be pleased to see you? I could have you announced, if you like?

[Man] No, I don't expect they will.

[Man] Perhaps you could let my son know that I'm here, and he can decide how we'll proceed from this point.

  • Guillame acts casually, but keeps his hand near his sword.

[Guillame] I'd be happy to. He's consulting with his Lady Mother in private at the moment; I'll inform his as soon as he is available.

  • Aden_ opens the door at that moment.

[Aden_] Guy, you...

[Aden_] You.

  • Aden_ says, seeing his father.

[Aden_] I can't believe you came.

  • Aden_ seems surprised and displeased.

[Fitz] What did you think, I'd just ignore her?

[Aden_] Do you really think she'd want to see you? Really? After what you did?

  • Fitz sighs.

[Aden_] Unless you're here to apologize, I'm not about to let you in there. You'll only upset her.

  • Guillame stands at Aden's side, trying to think of a way to defuse the situation.

[Fitz] I just want to say goodbye. That's all. It wasn't all bad, you know.

  • Guillame slips next door to Emoune's room.
  • Emoune looks over when you emerge.

[Emoune] Is everything all right?

[Guillame] Pardon me, your Grace, but your son is valiently defending you from a visit by the Duke of Greywatch, and it seemed prudent to me to check with you whether you'd agree with his instincts.

[Emoune] ... Fitz is here?

  • Emoune seems a little surprised.
  • Guillame nods gently.

[Emoune] Well.

[Emoune] What does it matter now... Let him in.

[Guillame] I know that normally you'd rather he stay as far away as thrown, but in these exceptional times...

[Guillame] Very well.

  • Guillame goes back next door and puts a hand on Aden's shoulder.

[Aden_] ... her sister! how could you even...

  • Aden_ turns when you touch him.

[Aden_] What is it?

  • Guillame looks him in the eye reassuringly

[Guillame] Her grace tells me that she will see her visitor now.

[Aden_] ...

  • Guillame waits for Aden's response

[Aden_] Fine.

  • Guillame nods to Fitz
  • Aden_ says grudgingly, and steps aside.
  • Fitz goes into the bedroom to see his wife. He shuts the door behind him, so they have some privacy for whatever last words they feel the need to exchange.

[Guillame] I'm sorry I went behind your back Aden

  • Aden_ slumps down into the armchair.

[Aden_] It's all right. I suppose it's her choice... I just thought maybe I could spare her that.

  • Aden_ 's eyes are reddened.

[Guillame] I'm told these things aren't as important, at the end. I thought that she deserved the choice.

[Aden_] He left when I was seven.

[Aden_] ... with my aunt.

  • Guillame listens.

[Guillame] A cad, then - he seemed as much by the way speak of him, and the way that you don't.

  • Aden_ nods, shrugging.

[Aden_] She should have just gotten the marriage ended. I don't know why she didn't.

[Aden_] It wasn't because she still loved him, or thought he would ever come back.

[Guillame] Who knows? Fond memories somehow untainted perhaps? Or a longing for a life unfulfilled?

[Guillame] We don't always do things the way we should.

[Guillame] You're a fierce defender, you know - I thought he was going to curl up on the floor right here.

  • Aden_ smiles slightly.

[Aden_] Got that from her.

  • Aden_ says under his breath.
  • Fitz emerges from the duchess's bedchamber after a little while longer.

[Fitz] I'll get out of your way, then.

[Aden_] Yes, do.

[Fitz] ... You can stop loving someone and still care about them, you know.

[Aden_] I can't. Get out of this place, and don't show your face here again when I'm Duke.

  • Fitz makes a little half-bow, and disappears again.
  • Aden_ goes to see if his mother's all right.

[Guillame] . o O (And maybe it'll be you appearing unbidden at Fitz's deathbed, years from now. I'm sure you'll understand before it's too late)

  • Guillame goes with him.
  • Emoune seems all right, even smiling slightly.

[Emoune] I think I would love to hear some more of that book, if you feel up to it.

  • Emoune says to you.

[Guillame] Certainly!... Did he find what he was looking for, if I might ask?

[Emoune] I don't know if he ever did. But ... I was glad to see him, just for a little while.

[Guillame] I'm glad to hear it.

  • Guillame picks up the book and hefts it open to the marker.

[Guillame] I'll not ask the backstory, but please correct me if I misinterpret anything by omission?

[Emoune] I'll try. And please don't be offended if I fall asleep.

[Emoune] It's not an indictment of your powers of entertainment.

[Guillame] I'll take it as a complement to my soothing voice.

  • Guillame winks.
  • Emoune smiles and closes her eyes to listen.

[DiablotinNarrator] The End, for now...

Solos

Alma and Seth

  • Alma is reading in one of her sitting rooms when you're brought in by Sagesse, and puts the book down quickly to attend to her guest.
  • Alma nods as Sagesse pours tea and brings in a platter of treats.
  • Alma has tried to make sure the items are fragrant, flavourful and light, out of respect for your uh... situation.

[Alma] Good afternoon Mr. Argo.

  • Seth comes in, possibly with a bounce in his step (?).

[Seth] Good afternoon, Countess.

  • Alma smiles at that, perhaps a little more sincerely :)

[Seth] I have come to you because we have a mutual situation that I believe you have already partly resolved, but which could require our further attention.

[Alma] I see?

[Alma] Oh, regarding His Grace the Duke of Friaul?

[Seth] Indeed. I am led to understand that you helped him out of a precarious situation.

  • Alma sips her tea, not quite warily but it is some fragrant variety she's not accustomed to.

[Alma] Yes, fortunately our choice of tactic was successful.

[Alma] You spoke with the Duke about this?

[Seth] Not yet; actually, I spoke with the Emperor.

[Alma] The Emperor :o

[Alma] I suppose the Duke is his relation...

[Alma] .oO( Wait, still, the Emperor? Why was he talking with the Emperor? )

  • Alma seems briefly to understand, and then look mildly puzzled, but dismiss it.

[Seth] Yes, who asked on his grandfather's behalf if I might use my connections and powers to investigate Thea Vermillion.

[Alma] Ah, I see.

[Seth] And, related to that, Phelix Valtieras, a subject on which I imagine you know a great deal.

[Alma] Unfortunately not nearly as much as I would rather.

[Seth] Indeed.

[Alma] (I told YOU already that Sanadhil's a culty eh?)

[Seth] (yes)

[Alma] (Thought so.)

[Seth] Have you any insight as to why Vermillion would target the Duke specifically? Or, if this is Kavreshar's doing, why it would have such an interest?

[Alma] His Grace asked me to come by and speak with him after my ... abrupt appearance, and I asked the same questions of him. As to Kavreshar, aside from the obvious efforts to sow chaos, he suggested that perhaps their goal was to replace him with Kavreshar.

[Alma] However the poison was fast acting, and it didn't seem like Thea was planning to use her teleporting escape method until she was confronted, so I'm not sure how viable that would have been.

[Alma] His Grace did suggest that he works in solutide for some time after lunch, so it may sitll have given them time to do get Kavreshar in.

[Seth] Hmm. Kavreshar's other actions have been more ... blatantly destructive. I'm not sure.

[Seth] The Duke is a prominent figure, well-known to many. Changes in his personality would have been very evident. I do know there was some fear of his senility, though - that might be a potential explanation.

[Alma] Well, I'm not sure I agree entirely... what we do not see of his efforts may be far greater than the riot, the Bridge of the Vanities, etc.

[Seth] I presume that you made certain that the Duke is still the Duke?

[Alma] Hm, no, I did not.

[Alma] I was present when the poison was brought to him, and informed him...

[Seth] Is it possible that the Duke has in fact been replaced?

  • Seth shudders.

[Alma] Well, if a subtle method such as the poison was required, or preferable, to replace him... wouldn't it have been significantly more difficult to do so after he was aware of the threat?

[Seth] Perhaps, yes.

[Seth] Still, it is worth investigating.

[Alma] I do wish I'd thought to check, I suppose :)

[Alma] You can never be too careful, these days.

[Seth] In speaking to the Duke of Corcyra recently, he informed me of the street where Vermillion now resides. I don't suppose you could be more specific, or give me a sense of how you learned the information?

[Alma] I scried her at the Duke's request... Guillame's that is.

[Alma] I watched her for on and off for hours, as there was suspicion that Phelix was with her.

[Seth] But you did not see him, just her?

[Alma] Yes, indeed. I believe he is completely immune to divinations.

[Alma] I saw her go about her daily tasks, and eventually return home and speak to someone invisible.

[Seth] Ah, I understand.

[Alma] It was only by going to those locations, the Duke's residence and the street I saw in my scrying, that I was able to determine where they were.

[Alma] You can only see some ten feet or so from your target.

[Alma] A very limited perspective if you're not familiar with the area.

  • Seth nods.

[Seth] Are the walls of the house made of stone or wood?

[Alma] I hadn't really...

  • Alma stops to think.

[Alma] Wait...

[Alma] I'm sure they're no longer there.

[Seth] Why?

[Alma] Though an investigation of the premises has been something I've considered. I assume the Chief Sorceror has considered it himself.

[Alma] Well she was caught... it would be foolish to stay.

[Seth] But you would be able to scry her again, and determine her location?

[Alma] No, I have been unable.

[Alma] Of course I tried

[Alma] I tried immediately after she disappeared, but all I saw was this flash, and then darkness.

[Alma] I assume he destroyed the censor.

[Alma] Besides, the residence was wooden.

[Alma] She was living by modest means.

[Alma] I could of course return there.

[Alma] Though I'm certain either the Emperor or the Chief Sorceror would have thought to investigate the location themselves.

[Seth] Perhaps, although their attentions have been much distracted by other events.

[Alma] I suppose it would be remiss not to make sure.

[Seth] I mean to suggest, Countess, that although scrying may present difficulties, entering a wall would not.

[Alma] Yes, I understand, I just assumed they were no longer present.

[Alma] You can see over a distance yes? Like a form of clairvoyance?

[Seth] Yes, I can, to a place within the city.

[Alma] I suppose that would allow you to look inside the residence without targetting an individual, as I must.

[Alma] You could confirm that no one is resident before we enter.

[Seth] That is correct.

[Alma] Well I'm not sure of the address exactly, I merely observed the location.

[Alma] It's near (blah) and (blah). Though I could return there any time and take you.

[Seth] Yes, I understand.

  • Alma seems to be inviting herself along.

[Seth] The Duke was also very keen to join in. You understand that Kavreshar has killed both our mothers.

[Alma] I was sorry to hear about the death of your mother, yes.

[Alma] Has the Duke confirmed that Kavreshar was involved in the murder of his mother?

[Seth] I'm not certain. He certainly believes it fully.

  • Alma nods.

[Alma] Well, were it my place to turn down help for the Empire, I would scarcely turn down help against Kavreshar.

[Seth] Nash continues to have a strong interest in the matter, partly because, with war in Psyra looming, she thinks that interest in this threat has waned.

[Alma] Do you think she might be correct?

[Alma] Kavreshar is the Empire's greatest threat.

[Seth] You know that. I know that. I think that the Emperor may know that at some level, but whether he is ready to act on it is another question.

[Seth] Which of course presumes that we know what action is required. Nash hopes to re-bind the wyrm.

[Alma] Like the suggestion I've heard involving the Arch?

[Seth] Perhaps.

[Alma] I'm not sure she'll get the opportunity if Emkathon is released.

[Seth] Perhaps not. Have you spoken further with M. Orecalo?

[Alma] Not since I spoke to him about his involvement in the Order.

[Alma] At least, not about this.

[Seth] Understandable.

  • Alma picks up a sweet date and chews on it.

[Seth] Well. In unrelated news, I have recovered the entirety of the golem Schesutte from the Greysmoke Temple, along with several unusual amulets.

[Alma] Oh? I had heard there was something going on there...

[Alma] So it was not just the hands, but the entirety of the golem hidden there?

[Alma] (Also did you kill Royse?)

[Seth] (he lives! although possibly very annoyed with me)

[Seth] Yes, the entirety; the legs in a stone door frame, the torso in a tomb, and the head in a giant trapped chamber far beneath the temple.

[Alma] Is the construct repairable?

[Alma] Oh, I suppose this is of immense importance to you, considering your regular work :)

[Alma] Perhaps that explains your high mood?

[Seth] Perhaps. That is unclear. The Emperor has assured me access to resources to assist in the task.

[Seth] Yes, it must be.

[Alma] I would be interested to see the amulets, as with anything old :)

[Alma] I'm not sure if they'd help you at all.

[Alma] Are they magic?

[Seth] It's not clear yet.

  • Alma nods.

[Alma] Perhaps let me know if you set up a work area for them? Or have them on display? I would try to drop by and see what I might learn.

[Alma] That reminds me, I visited the Odyton again.

[Seth] Oh?

[Seth] For what purpose?

[Alma] I wanted to see if there was anything else I could learn.

[Alma] I also performed a Legend Lore... which was quite difficult, blind and deaf and tied to my husband.

[Seth] I can imagine. what did you learn?

  • Alma will tell you about her trip down the long way.
  • Alma stands and steps over to a table where something lies under a silk cloth.
  • Alma pulls it off.

[Alma] Sitting before the skeleton, a priest or seer I suppose.

[Alma] A safer way to observe Emkathon perhaps?

[Seth] Ah, perhaps so!

[Alma] I hope to go back and receive a vision of the Odyton, perhaps it will tell me more about what went on there.

[Alma] The rest of the trip was calm, relatively, I assume because I had protected us both from the poison. You know it's not a fungus like I thought, but I think some sort of worms?

[Seth] Interesting. And your Legend Lore - was it successful?

[Alma] The Legend Lore seemed quite straightforward... almost too much so.

  • Alma pulls out her notes and finds the spot. "Half of the whole, the vessel that bore the sacred blood, who shows love to her foes and mercy to her captors. Her imprisonment protects her enemies and her children alike, her sacrifice averts their doom, her freedom reunites what was sundered."

[Alma] It further suggests that Kavreshar is an issue that will be solved by her release.

[Seth] Possibly, yes, I agree ... although obviously there are considerable risks.

[Alma] Well, it is a complicated situation.

[Alma] Ysabeau and I will be attempting to determine how to preserve the way of the wheel, while safeguarding her family.

  • Seth nods.

[Alma] But I believe Emkathon's release is necessary or perhaps even inevitable.

[Seth] Perhaps so. And it may also be that sacrifices are required in order to preserve the city and Empire.

[Alma] That is the terrifying question which grips her, the poor thing.

[Seth] Well, in any event, the metaphysics are well beyond my area. But it is clear that matters are coming to a head.

[Alma] Yes. I suppose we've been blessed with the opportunity of living in historical times.

  • Alma seems not to feel particularly blessed.

[Seth] Hmm, yes.

[Seth] Countess, is there any other way I may be of service today? I am afraid I must return to my golem.

[Alma] Well... I would like to ask you to keep the Seven in mind, despite your own personal misgivings.

[Alma] I hope... even believe, that this can all be resolved ... ideally.

[Seth] I will do so.

[Alma] But I have no idea what teh true goals of the Order are... so we may need help to preserve the way of the wheel for those of us who chose that path.

[Alma] If anything comes to mind which can lead to everyone living happily every after, I would appreciate you keeping me in mind :)

[Seth] Of course, Countess.

[Alma] Well, I hope you enjoy your time with Schessute :)

  • Alma will see you to the door.

Sanadhil, Earric and Phedre

  • Sanadhil will stop by the Lozada-Boyne household one afternoon after his class, when he can make time
  • Sanadhil is still dressed for the castalia, which means in more typical Diablotin fashion
  • Earric is in the parlour, lounging.

[Sanadhil] Good afternoon

[Sanadhil] Is Phedre home?

  • Earric perks up slightly upon seeing you.

[Earric] No, I'm afraid not. Are you terribly disappointed?

[Sanadhil] well - I have disturbing bnews that she will want to hear.

[Earric] Oh dear...

[Sanadhil] but maybe you might know something about it

  • Sanadhil considers

[Earric] I might...

  • Sanadhil eyes him, trying to decide if he is gong to be difficult
  • Sanadhil will at least sit, though not wth earric, though he hasn't been invited

[Sanadhil] Have you ever heard of the Cyst?

[Earric] It sounds unpleasant.

[Sanadhil] quite

[Earric] But no, I don't believe I ever have.

[Earric] What is it?

[Sanadhil] One of the order members was possessed by a rather strange and grotesque creature that claimed to have some relation to that place

[Earric] o_O

[Sanadhil] for over a year...

[Earric] How awful. Who was it?

[Sanadhil] Madelen Levernois

  • Earric furrows his brow.

[Earric] Really?

[Sanadhil] From what littlw she could recall, it may have happened at the time of one of the ceremonies

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] why?

[Earric] She always seemed a little peculiar, but I could never put my finger on it, exactly.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Apparently this happened to her sometime last summer

[Sanadhil] e managed to banish the creature, but it was killed before it could be qestioned at length

  • Sanadhil describes it though @_@

[Earric] I've never heard of such a thing... it sounds horrible. And I've seen some rather horrible creatures in my day.

[Sanadhil] hmm...

[Sanadhil] We suspect it might have been some kind of scout - Ilphere is examining the body, but I do't know what she might be able to dscern from it

  • Earric nods.

[Earric] Some sort of creature from the outermost planes, perhaps...

[Sanadhil] perhaps.... but I'm concerned because of the association she made with the Arch

  • Earric ponders.

[Sanadhil] do all planes have a connection to the arch?

[Earric] So far as I know... or at least, they should.

[Earric] Perhaps a ceremony managed to... open that gateway, at least enough for the creature to slip through.

[Sanadhil] possibly

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Sanadhil] And her mind may hev been opened enough to receive it -_-

  • Earric nods.

[Sanadhil] No one seems to know anythign about it - but her name was on a list of portential demons in the city, so *someone* noticed something was strange

[Sanadhil] I just hope she was the only one

[Earric] Hm... I wonder who made up the list.

[Sanadhil] As do I.

[Sanadhil] it was in the possession of Cornelia Nash, apparently, and the new warlord acted on it

[Sanadhil] I might be able to enquire through an associate

[Earric] Eager little bitch, hm.. I hope she doesn't show up here.

[Sanadhil] ...What if she does?

[Earric] I'll have to hide, I suppose.

[Sanadhil] How? Where?

[Earric] If I told you, it wouldn't be secret.

  • Earric says with a slight smile.

[Sanadhil] Hm.

[Sanadhil] well I hope your arrangements will be sufficient

[Earric] It's sweet of you to worry about me.

  • Earric nudges your foot with his.

[Sanadhil] Mmm. Well.

  • Sanadhil straightens up slightly.

[Sanadhil] I'm hoing to talk to Laeken again soon, and see if I can make him divulge more about Emkathon

[Sanadhil] you might be useful if I can :p

[Earric] Oh, might I?

  • Earric smiles.

[Sanadhil] We'll see.

[Earric] Tell me?

  • Earric entices.

[Sanadhil] I'm hoping that I can convince him that kavreshar is enough of a threat to the city that he can tell me more about the pact... or possibly if he might release her himself...

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure though.

[Earric] Hm.. it's a thought.

[Sanadhil] He's powerful, and protective of his interests. if I say the wrong thing he could just kill me.

[Earric] Do you want me there with you, in case he turns violent?

[Sanadhil] I don't think there is anything you could do.

[Earric] Comfort you in your final moments? ;)

[Sanadhil] they'd likely be your final moments also, if we're not disitegrated instantly

[Sanadhil] (disintegrated)

  • Sanadhil says dryly

[Earric] Mm, possibly so.

[Sanadhil] in any case, I hope to proceed cautiously enough that it won't be a concern

[Sanadhil] I've also given some thought to...remving her from her present location

[Earric] That seems prudent.

[Sanadhil] but I'm not certain where might be safer

[Earric] Removing her? How?

[Sanadhil] I have a plan, in that regard.

[Earric] Oh?

[Sanadhil] Yes.

  • Sanadhil just smiles.
  • Earric smiles back.

[Sanadhil] It not a well considered notion, anyway.

[Earric] The effects on you might be.. considerable.

[Sanadhil] indeed.

[Sanadhil] @_@

[Sanadhil] Is there an arch in Hell?

  • Earric sighs.
  • Sanadhil asks semi-randomly
  • Earric considers how to answer that.

[Earric] Hell is the absence of the Arch...

[Earric] There is no Arch in the Centre either.

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Sanadhil] are they opposites then?

[Earric] I would say... the Centre is within the Arch. Hell is outside.

[Earric] It's difficult to explain.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I wasn't sure if it was a plane like the nothers, or like something else

[Sanadhil] but it explains some of the opposition

[Earric] Parts of it can be reached... so I suppose they have Arches.

[Earric] I'm just a demon, not a metaphysician :)

[Sanadhil] true, but you do have more personal experience -_-

  • Earric nods.

[Sanadhil] what does Hell want?

[Earric] I would say that, within the core of the planes of Evil, there is a place that cannot be reached, except after death. And that place is Hell.

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Earric] Souls...

[Sanadhil] to what end?

[Sanadhil] to consume them?

[Sanadhil] To drink the life of the stars...

[Earric] I don't know.

[Earric] What happens to them... I can only guess.

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Sanadhil] I suppose it is the same as asking what gods want with souls

[Earric] I can say this much, at least.

[Earric] Souls were re-created out of the Void - the pool of ... star-stuff, if you wish, soul-material. Now, there is no Void.

[Sanadhil] its used up?

[Earric] I think there are no new souls anymore.

[Sanadhil] Fascinating...

[Sanadhil] so the old ones must be reborn, or go to the center, or go to hell?

[Earric] So, when do they run out...

[Sanadhil] or go back to the stars....

[Sanadhil] Run out?

  • Earric nods.
  • Sanadhil seems troubled by this, thinking about what the Cozovode believe

[Sanadhil] The ...pool can't be replenished?

[Earric] From where?

[Sanadhil] Death...

[Sanadhil] souls unmade...

  • Sanadhil sighs

[Sanadhil] I'm not a metaphysician either.... Only a hobbyist :p

  • Earric nods.

[Earric] I think that, if any of this is correct, it makes Phedre's work more important than ever.

[Sanadhil] How so?

[Earric] Because the Serpent can forge new souls.

[Earric] These new gods... they can recycle them, nothing more.

[Sanadhil] what does the serpent forge them from?

[Sanadhil] itself?

[Sanadhil] I supose - it is creation

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Earric] Metaphysics :/

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Earric] There are so many more entertaining things.

  • Sanadhil rubs his temples

[Earric] Let me do that for you?

[Sanadhil] I should probably be going.... There's always so much work to do -_-

[Earric] All the more reason you need to relax a little first.

[Sanadhil] If I relax too much, I'll fall asleep, which would be extremely unproductive.

  • Earric reaches out to rub the back of your neck.
  • Sanadhil shakes off the lethergy after a moment and stands, wary of how relaxing that really is @_@
  • Earric leans back on the sofa again.

[Sanadhil] Thank you for your time and ..conversation.

  • Phedre returns home and strolls in.

[Phedre] Oh, Sanadhil :) I'm sorry I wasn't home to receive you.

[Sanadhil] ahh, good afternoon Phedre

  • Sanadhil smiles, a little tiredly

[Sanadhil] Its good to see you

[Phedre] Can I offer you some tea? Earric has obviously been terribly rude as a host.

  • Phedre says, smiling at him.

[Sanadhil] Ahh, I shouldn't stay much longer, but I'm glad that you returned.

[Phedre] I'm glad as well - I would have been disappointed to miss you.

[Sanadhil] I learned of something concerning about one of ghe order members

[Phedre] Oh?

  • Sanadhil will tell her about Levernois as well
  • Phedre listens, looking concerned.

[Phedre] The poor girl... is she recovering well now?

[Sanadhil] I expect so - she is staying with family

  • Phedre nods.

[Phedre] How was this ... entity... detected? What if there are others?

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure - we are trying to learn as much as possible

[Phedre] If you determine a way, please let me know? I would wish to ensure no others of our members are so affected.

[Sanadhil] definitely.

[Phedre] Thank you.

[Sanadhil] you've never heard of the Cyst then, either?

[Phedre] Never. I can pursue some research on the matter, if it would be helpful.

[Sanadhil] it would, if you have any resoures that might help. Princess Ilphere is investigating as well

[Phedre] I'll see what I can come up with, though I'm not terribly optimistic. It sounds like something from an outer plane, and those ... well, they are poorly understood at best.

[Sanadhil] indeed...

[Sanadhil] :|

[Sanadhil] In any case, i should be going - I have further research of my own I should be pursuing.

[Phedre] I'm glad you were able to help her, and with no injuries to yourself.

  • Phedre escorts you to the door, as does Earric.

[Sanadhil] As am I :)

  • Sanadhil will bid them both good afternoon
  • Phedre welcomes you back whenever, of course :)

Alma and Sanadhil

  • Alma will make her way through the Castalia to Sanadhil's office.
  • Sanadhil is working on notes for the next week's classes, having a hard time concentrating
  • Alma knocks politely.

[Sanadhil] Come in.

  • Alma will do so.

[Alma] Good afternoon, Mr. Orecalo.

  • Sanadhil looks up as the door opens, and rises politely, setting aside his work

[Sanadhil] And you as well, Countess. Thank you for coming

[Alma] I see you've taken on a new position?

[Sanadhil] Yes, I have been given a special appointment, and classes started [X] weeks ago.

[Alma] Congratulations.

[Sanadhil] Thank you.

[Sanadhil] Please have a seat - there are some things I wanted to speak with you about.

  • Alma nods and will do so.
  • Alma lets him bring up his business before talking about other things, like Lavernois.

[Sanadhil] I spoke to Mme Lozada-boyne and her husband about Mlle Levernois.

[Sanadhil] They were concerned for hee, and glad to hear she'd been helped, but neither of them had ever heard of the Cyst, or anything like the creature that had been possessing her

  • Alma nods.

[Alma] Did you find out anything through other means?

[Sanadhil] They both suspected that it was some kind of creature from the outer planes.

[Sanadhil] Not yet, but I am hoping to speak to the Dutchess of Corcyra.

[Alma] Is she a friend of Mlle. Levernois?

[Sanadhil] I spoke briefly to the Duke, but wasn't sure how much I should reveal to him of the matter.

[Sanadhil] Levernois was at their wedding.

[Alma] Ah, I did not recognise her.

[Sanadhil] I believe them to be aquainted

[Sanadhil] . o O (Co-workers, possibly?)

[Alma] I have, through the failure of two divinations, determined as well that the Cyst is a place not on this plane.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] that does not surprise me

[Sanadhil] I hope that perhaps the Dutchess can provide some more information about any odd behaviour that may be useful

[Sanadhil] it would be good if we knew where the list came from that initially identified her as a demon

[Sanadhil] if there are more of these things in the city, I'd like to be able to identify them.

[Alma] List?

[Alma] Well it's possible that it was through me...

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Alma] Whose list was it?

[Alma] Silveira's?

[Sanadhil] Corneila nash's, while she was warlord.

[Alma] Hmm... well I didn't directly inform her of Levernois, I did inform the Reverend Father, so it may have come to her through the Church.

[Sanadhil] you knew about her?

[Sanadhil] how?

[Alma] I knew it was suspected she was an outsider, however-and I now understand why-a Communion indicated she was not.

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Sanadhil] suspected how though?

[Sanadhil] and why?

[Sanadhil] nopthing registered with True Sight

[Alma] Well, my source was second hand, and they could not explain how their source determined this information...

[Alma] For example they could tell that Belden, Deverara and Nash were all "plane-touched" which is something I cannot understand.

[Sanadhil] learnign the manner of that discernment could be very important, if your source could be convinced to divulge it.

[Alma] I do indeed see the value in that. Especially considering how difficult it was to determine Levernois was... possessed by that thing.

[Sanadhil] precisely

[Sanadhil] who knows if others may be similarly touched?

[Alma] I could not detect evil until it was expelled from her body.

[Sanadhil] it may have some protection while it us inside the host

[Alma] I plan to Commune with Owl again soon, and whether others are similarly ... infected is a question on my mind.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I have some other matters that you might consider asking about, that also came about from conversation with Mr.Boyne.

  • Alma nods.

[Alma] Such as?

  • Sanadhil tries to think of the best way to explain

[Sanadhil] I asked him abotu Hell

[Sanadhil] and how it wants souls

[Sanadhil] he told me he doesn't know what it wants with them, but that the void, from which new souls used to be made, is gone

[Sanadhil] No new souls are created

[Sanadhil] I dn't know how long this has been the case

[Sanadhil] Your seven can recycle them somehow

[Sanadhil] but they can't create new ones

[Sanadhil] Even your cosmology says they can't be recycled indefinitely

  • Alma considers.

[Sanadhil] they go to the center, or to hell - I don't know how that works

[Sanadhil] I don't know what that means for those who don't follow the seven.

[Sanadhil] but the Serpent, at least, can make new ones

[Alma] Well we've been wondering if Matriarch Pasith is in the Void, so I'm not sure that it is "gone" exactly. Perhaps it is ... somehow cut off.

[Sanadhil] i think... maybe it is two thing

[Sanadhil] there is a spatial void, that is like... the spaces between the planes?

[Sanadhil] and "the Void' that was the pool of soul essence from which new souls could be made

[Alma] And yes, I suppose that if all souls which are not sent to the Void are sent to the Centre, then the Void might conceivably be depleted...

[Sanadhil] I think they get sent to hell, not the void

  • Sanadhil frowns

[Alma] That is not how it was, or was meant to be.

[Alma] Whether it is now a threat is another question.

[Sanadhil] yes, exactly

[Alma] Did Earric say when it began?

[Sanadhil] I didn't ask

  • Alma nods

[Alma] (sec)

[Sanadhil] He's not a metaphysician -_-

[Sanadhil] he could be wrong, even

[Sanadhil] but it seems something worth asking about.

[Alma] Was there a question in particular you want to ask?

[Alma] Or would you merely want to know the answers of ones I come up with?

[Sanadhil] you have more experience with these matters than I

  • Sanadhil possible does seem a little concerned about this stuff

[Alma] I imagine framing these questions will never be easy, but I suppose I do have some slight advantage in experience...

[Alma] What is most important about this, to you? That there may be no new souls?

[Sanadhil] I think that should be a little concerning to anyone...

[Alma] I'm not sure it concerns me, to be honest.

[Alma] What concerns me is the threat of Hell.

[Sanadhil] I'm more concerned about those who don't folow the seven - whether they have any chance of reaching the center, rrather than hell

  • Alma nods

[Alma] That speaks to my heart.

[Alma] So I suppose then that the greater issue is whether something must be done in all of this we're mixed up in, to prevent that from happening?

[Alma] If there IS anything that can be done.

  • Sanadhil does seem to be concerned about this, but you don't think he is much worried about himself

[Sanadhil] (he's not worried about *his* soul, specifically, anyway)

[Alma] I thought you were confident that such things were not really applicable to the Cozovode.

[Sanadhil] I was

[Sanadhil] To couch it in the terms of your cos,ology, they believe their souls return to the void, and that essence is used to fuel other life

[Sanadhil] but if what earric says is true, that's not possible

[Alma] Hmm...

[Alma] So perhaps over time, since the well of soulmatter was cut off, our souls were reborn, but those of others outside the Way of the Wheel were not, so the stuff was expended?

[Alma] But then how would any new lives be brought into being withsouls if they were outside of the cycle, if Earric is right that only th Serpent may create new ones?

[Alma] Or is it that only the Serpent can create new soulmatter from which lives are drawn?

[Sanadhil] I believe the latter is true

[Alma] I suppose then that over time, both races would vanish... perhaps at the same time, as the Cozovode have the benefit of longer life.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] Do you have any indication that the Cozovode are more threatened by Hell than those of the Way of the Wheel?

[Sanadhil] I suspect that the Way of the Wheel was created as a way of staving off this problem

[Alma] You would think that these would be issues of concern there as well.

[Sanadhil] I don't know enough about how Hell works to judge

[Alma] I suppose I will have to try to find out when Hell became a threat, if it was not always.

[Alma] It is now... I know. I don't recall if I mentioned that when we last spoke.

[Alma] But it is not the will of the Seven.

[Sanadhil] no..

  • Alma has relaxed somewhat, in the midst of pondering the mysteries of existence.

[Alma] What gives Hell power at all?

[Sanadhil] I suspect it is something they have been trying to protect you from, in their way

[Sanadhil] what gives The Center power?

[Alma] If nothing else, we give it power...

[Sanadhil] they seem to exist in some kind of opposition.... or balance, or necessary duality

[Alma] I can't say I find that appealing in the slightest...

[Alma] Why punish when you can forgive?

[Alma] Anyhow.

[Sanadhil] if you always forgive a rapist, or a murderer, what will teach them not to repeat their crimes?

[Alma] I'm sorry, I was musing out loud. Those are of course the questions which prevent us from being pacifist in the face of evil.

[Alma] But the Gods?

[Sanadhil] I think this is something beyond the gods

[Alma] I don't like the idea that there are people beyond redemption.

[Alma] I suspect something similar is currently in your mind of late as well.

[Sanadhil] he gods serve, or tend, or guard, the center, perhaps, as demons do Hell

[Sanadhil] pardon?

[Alma] Why else would you ask if Earric could be redeemed?

[Sanadhil] Ahh.

  • Sanadhil doens't elaborate

[Alma] Clearly you must place the "irredeemable" bar quite high... beyond mortal evil, even?

[Sanadhil] I hadn't given it great thought

  • Alma doesn't seem convinced.

[Alma] Well... definitely some new questions to be asked.

[Alma] If there were no other suggestions for questions... ?

[Sanadhil] hmm...

[Sanadhil] perhaps how great a threat Kavreshar is to the city

[Sanadhil] I'm trying to collect information to convince laeken to, at the least, provide more details of his opact with Emkathon

[Alma] Isn't the implication that if it weren't for Emkathon, he would destroy us?

[Sanadhil] but is sems imnformation about him and Thea Vermillion are thin on the ground

[Sanadhil] yes..

[Alma] Yes, unforunately I let Thea escape...

[Sanadhil] pardon?

[Alma] I had made a foolish choice and she escaped with Kavreshar because of it.

[Alma] And since, I've been unable to scry her.

[Sanadhil] was that the attempt on the Duke of Friaul?

[Alma] Yes.

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Sanadhil] but you don't know what she wanted?

[Alma] She wished to murder the Duke... but beyond that, no.

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Sanadhil] it may be enough to convince him she is dangerous, but we wil see

[Alma] Who?

[Sanadhil] (actually lemme rephrase)

[Sanadhil] It may be enough to convince him of the threat, but we'll see

[Sanadhil] t seems to me that Kavreshar has been doing a good job of causing chaos in the city

[Sanadhil] and if emkathon protests us from him, we may not be protected from his agents...

[Alma] Oh, Laeken you mean?

[Sanadhil] yes

[Alma] Yes, well there's the granary fires, the riots, and the Bridge of the Vanities as well.

[Sanadhil] precisely

[Alma] The assassination of the Chief Sorceror perhaps being a separate if simultaneous event.

[Sanadhil] something to cinch the deal would be very convenient

[Alma] His Grace the Duke of Corcyra also seems to hold Kavreshar responsible for the death of his mother.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] the Bridge of Vanities covers many tragedies

[Sanadhil] kavreshar no longer has the Levellers, but he may have something else

[Sanadhil] other than Thea

[Alma] I've wondered if perhaps the Revelators might be one of his tools as well, though they predate his release, and there are many other explanations for what Marlow has learned.

[Sanadhil] (37 sm)

  • Alma is guarded in general, and is probably not telling you everything ... generally :P

[Alma] [Sanadhil] it seems he is at least fairly corect

[Alma] I wondered for a while if perhaps the "Hell" he saw was Andusk...

[Sanadhil] Apparently not.

[Sanadhil] well

[Alma] I did return to the Odyton.

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Alma] Yes, accompanied by my husband. I was curious to see how far down it was, so we took the long way, with Wind Walk.

[Alma] I found the Odyton itself, a ledge below...

[Sanadhil] did you find anyhing of note?

  • Sanadhil nods, listening

[Alma] Seated in front of a crystal ball was someone long dead... perhaps an early priest or a seer of some sort.

[Alma] I suppose that the crystal ball may have been a way to observe Emkathon without the full effect of the poison and her proximity?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] that seems logica;

[Alma] Below, I undertook a rather difficult Legend Lore, blind, deaf and tied to a rope in case I proved difficult as you two did...

  • Alma pulls out a slip of paper on which she's written the result.

[Alma] It's rather plain, all things considered. "Half of the whole, the vessel that bore the sacred blood, who shows love to her foes and mercy to her captors. Her imprisonment protects her enemies and her children alike, her sacrifice averts their doom, her freedom reunites what was sundered."

[Alma] It's refreshingly clear...

[Sanadhil] it is....

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Sanadhil] well

[Sanadhil] maybe

  • Sanadhil sighs
  • Alma laughs.

[Sanadhil] it is an insidious spell

[Alma] It truly is.

[Alma] It probably means nothing that we think it does.

[Sanadhil] here are many bthings which have been sundered

[Sanadhil] but that may be of some use in convincing laeken

[Sanadhil] ...f I bdare tell him we cast it

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Alma] It can be cast at a distance

[Sanadhil] perhaps I may as well be so bold

[Alma] It's merely longer.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] well, thank you for that.

  • Alma nods politely.
  • Sanadhil says, acknowledging that you didn't have toso he may as well be grateful for what you share -_-

[Alma] Well, I believe that is all of news with me, for now.

[Sanadhil] I should get back to my work...

  • Alma nods.

[Sanadhil] Thank you for your visit, countess.

[Alma] Good afternoon, Mr. Orecalo.

[Sanadhil] you as well

  • Alma is on her way then!
  • Sanadhil tries to get more work done while daydreaming about emkathon and how to deal with laeken


Ysabeau and Martan

  • Martan is getting ready for bed.
  • Ysabeau has been a little distracted this evening, thinking of Fern, the future and things like that.

[Ysabeau] I spoke with Fern today...

[Martan] Oh? How did it go?

[Ysabeau] It went... all right, I suppose. Awkward, as I expected. But better than it could have been.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] She didn't really want to talk to me. I can't really blame her. I was asking pretty intrusive questions.

  • Ysabeau sighs.

[Martan] So were your suspicions right?

[Ysabeau] She is my maternal grandmother, yes.

[Ysabeau] She was married to a man from House Rat, but my mother's father could have been one of three other men who... attacked her.

[Martan] Oh, Ysa. That must be... strange to learn.

[Martan] I can see why she wouldn't wish to talk about it.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I feel guilty for making her remember that.

[Martan] You're not the one to blame.

[Ysabeau] Not for the attack, no. But I sort of guessed something like that might have happened, and I made her confirm it anyway. And in the end, it didn't really help me confirm whether our baby has blood from all the Houses.

[Ysabeau] It's possible, but not necessarily probable.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] So now I am wondering what to do next.

[Martan] We have no way of knowing - and even if it does, there have to be others in the same situation.

[Ysabeau] It's possible, of course.

  • Ysabeau agrees.

[Martan] Maybe that part of the story is a more general prediction. It doesn't necessarily refer to one single individual, right?

[Ysabeau] True.

[Ysabeau] I'm not sure how many would have a Seventh for a great-grandfather though, or if that even comes into the equation at all.

[Martan] I don't know.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Martan] Seventh live for a long time, though - it must give them plenty of opportunity to leave descendants.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I just think it's kind of interesting that you and I have all these bloodlines so recently - only going back a generation or two.

[Ysabeau] I'm sure lots of people have those bloodlines - maybe everyone - if you go back far enough.

[Ysabeau] Anyway, maybe it's significant, maybe it isn't. I just wish I could feel like I was making some headway in trying to figure out what it all means.

[Martan] The boundaries between the Houses have dissolved a lot in the past few generations. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people have similar stories these days.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I'm sort of wondering whether I should talk to Theonee. If only I were a little older, I could maybe even pretend I was her child.

[Ysabeau] I don't know whether she would have any knowledge about you, though.

[Martan] Why would you pretend?

[Ysabeau] To avoid tipping off too many people about you? I don't know. It was just a thought.

[Ysabeau] I don't know who she spends time with or anything. I am wary of telling people about any of this.

[Ysabeau] Change is frightening for a lot of people...

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] If I could think "We might be able to stop whatever this is if only the child doesn't get born," anyone could.

[Martan] Then wouldn't it be better for me to talk to her?

[Martan] Rather than you putting yourself at risk...

  • Ysabeau glances at Martan, pausing as she brushes out her hair.

[Ysabeau] Would you want to do that?

[Ysabeau] I mean... after what Emoune told us.

[Martan] I'd be willing to try, at least.

[Martan] If she knew something, anything, that could help... well, it would be worth it.

[Ysabeau] Well...

[Ysabeau] I'm not sure that it would reduce the risk (if any exists) to the baby and I. I'm your wife, I'm pregnant...

[Ysabeau] Wouldn't it be obvious to her?

[Martan] I meant rather than you pretending to be her daughter or something like that.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I really was thinking of talking to her myself mostly so we could keep your identity secret.

[Ysabeau] I don't know if she knows about the Wish spell and all that...

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] I suppose either one of us could approach her, and if we wanted to keep your identity unknown to her, there might be a way to do that.

[Martan] Maybe you're right.

[Martan] If you approach her, you don't have to say it's your husband you're talking about.

[Ysabeau] I was just thinking "how easy if I were a few years older? I could pretend I was her daughter, then my interest in what she might know for my baby's sake would make sense, without having to tip her off about you.)

[Martan] It seems cruel to lie to her about this, though.

[Ysabeau] It does, doesn't it. :/

[Ysabeau] None of this is easy.

[Martan] Maybe you could just tell her that you know her child... you don't have to tell her who it is unless it seems prudent.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Martan] She may not want to know.

  • Martan says, sitting down on the bed.
  • Ysabeau sighs.

[Ysabeau] Possibly not.

[Ysabeau] I guess I am thinking about this all wrong.

[Ysabeau] I should just approach her as you suggest, as if I'm asking on behalf of her child, and not mention you or our baby at all.

  • Martan nods.

[Martan] Then you can judge how to take things from there.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I'm just thinking about Fern again... she wouldn't tell me anything until I broke down, thinking about our baby.

[Martan] Sometimes that's what it takes...

  • Martan agrees.

[Martan] Doesn't work on everyone, of course ;)

  • Ysabeau half-smiles.

[Ysabeau] Well, it might be bad if that's the only way I can get Theonee to answer me. Do you think the risk is worth it, really?

  • Martan considers.

[Martan] I think if we need protection, we have it. And it could be beneficial, if she has useful information.

[Ysabeau] All right...

  • Ysabeau looks a little nervous but resolved.
  • Martan reaches out for your hand.
  • Ysabeau takes his.

[Martan] The next child won't be this nerve-wracking ;)

  • Martan teases gently.
  • Ysabeau smiles and kisses him.

[Ysabeau] How many are you hoping for?

[Martan] oh... five or six?

  • Martan might be joking... hard to tell.

[Ysabeau] Five or six doesn't sound too bad. I was worried you might suggest twelve.

  • Martan smiles.

[Martan] We'd have to have a much bigger house.

[Ysabeau] Oh, I don't know about that. Muri and I shared the same bed for years.

[Ysabeau] Pile all the boys in one bed, all the girls in the other.

[Ysabeau] Easier to keep warm in the winter. ;)

  • Martan chuckles.

[Ysabeau] There was something else I wanted to mention...

[Martan] Mm?

[Ysabeau] I'll probably be seeing Marl some time soon. I have things to ask him about his thesis.

  • Martan nods.

[Ysabeau] But, I am wondering whether I should also 'break up' with him, after I get the answers I need. You were hoping I could do that.

[Ysabeau] It is probably a little awkward, being cuckolded by your boss.

  • Ysabeau teases.
  • Martan gives a slight laugh.

[Martan] Only a little.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] That being said, when we were supposedly up to no good, we were actually having intelligent conversations.

[Martan] It's up to you, Ysa. If you think that he'll take it well, and that it won't cause problems, then go ahead if it's what you want. But if you think it would be useful to keep that avenue open, then... well, the tabloids will say what they'll say, right? I know the truth, that's all that matters.

[Ysabeau] All right. I'll think about it.

[Ysabeau] I think there are some advantages in being able to have casual conversations with him - I might pick up something useful to you in your work.

[Martan] Even if you do, if you're later seen talking with him, they'll probably assume you've made up.

[Ysabeau] But at the same time, I'm always a little on edge around him.

[Ysabeau] And there is that.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Martan] Staging a public fight would only attract more attention, I suspect.

[Ysabeau] You're probably right. I wasn't thinking of a fight, anyway.

[Ysabeau] I was going to play the card of being a married woman now, and with a little one on the way, it might be best to break things off.

[Martan] How would people find out about it, though?

[Ysabeau] Well, it could be done in public. I just wouldn't scream at him.

[Martan] I don't know if anyone would believe you'd have such a personal conversation in public, when you could just as easily have it in private.

[Ysabeau] Fair enough. What do I know about break ups? Little enough.

  • Martan smiles.

[Martan] I admit the situation makes me a little uncomfortable - not because I don't trust you, but just because of the attention it brings. But, it's hard to avoid that attention anyway, given our situation.

[Ysabeau] I know.

[Martan] People will believe what they want to believe - usually, whatever's most salacious.

  • Martan says with a slight laugh.

[Ysabeau] It's true. If I go with it, we'll soon be a regular feature in The Scourge, no doubt.

[Martan] 'soon'? ;)

  • Ysabeau raises an eyebrow.

[Ysabeau] I don't read it... Do you?

[Martan] It's part of my job ;)

[Ysabeau] Ugh; I suppose.

[Ysabeau] Poor, poor you.

[Martan] There's sometimes useful tidbits amidst the trash.

[Ysabeau] The sacrifices you make for your country.

  • Martan smiles.

[Martan] You too, my dear.

  • Ysabeau smiles back fondly.

[Ysabeau] Have I told you recently how much I love you?

[Martan] Not within the past hour, I don't think.

[Martan] You can always tell me again ;)

  • Ysabeau will do so.

Sanadhil and Dozilva

  • Dozilva is arriving home with you after dinner, post-exorcism - neither of you felt much like cooking.
  • Dozilva also put away a fair amount of wine at dinner @_@
  • Sanadhil helps her up the stairs, then @_@
  • Dozilva leans on you, giggling slightly.

[Sanadhil] did You eally enjoy the vintage that much, or are you just trying to put the rst of the day out of mind?

[Dozilva] It was very a day. Is that it? No. Quite a day.

  • Dozilva giggles again, at her own mistake.

[Sanadhil] Yes....

  • Sanadhil smiles, allowing himself to be a little more amused at her state now that we're home :3

[Dozilva] Also, your wine is stronger :p

[Sanadhil] stronger?

[Sanadhil] how long have you been here now?

[Dozilva] Hmph.

  • Sanadhil smirks
  • Dozilva ruins her attempt at dignity by tripping slightly over the sill of the door.

[Sanadhil] but I take it you've never seen anythig lke that...thig... either?

[Dozilva] No, no... that was awful, that... ugh.

  • Dozilva shudders.
  • Sanadhil will try to steady her somewhat, not actually being strong enough to catch her

[Dozilva] That poor girl ;_;

[Sanadhil] Yes.

  • Dozilva finds her way to somewhere she can sit down.

[Sanadhil] a year... over a year... seems a long time to be under an nalien influence

[Dozilva] Maybe it was not the whole time?

  • Sanadhil says, but then thinks about Earric -_-

[Dozilva] If it left sometimes, maybe... she could seem normal to people who knew her?

[Sanadhil] I think she must have

[Sanadhil] seemed normal, I mean

[Dozilva] Maybe we should ask the other whores.

[Dozilva] It could be fun ;)

[Sanadhil] though I don't know how long she was at ther jewel box

[Sanadhil] well

[Sanadhil] She was at the duke and Dutchess of Corcyra's wedding

[Sanadhil] so... she miht know the duchess

[Dozilva] Mmhmm.

[Dozilva] Know or knooooow? ;)

[Sanadhil] I couldn't say... :o

  • Dozilva giggles at your expression.

[Sanadhil] you just want to visit expensive whores, don't you

  • Sanadhil teases back

[Dozilva] My boss would pay if I promise to tell him about it ;)

[Sanadhil] ...

[Dozilva] for research purposes!

  • Dozilva giggles some more.
  • Sanadhil just sighs

[Dozilva] whoresearch.

[Sanadhil] So the job is working out well?

[Dozilva] It is good... he's very clever, more than he seems at first.

[Dozilva] And he is reasonable.

[Sanadhil] that's good...

[Dozilva] He doesn't imagine that I can produce books out of nothing the instant he asks for them.

[Sanadhil] what do you mean by reasonable?

[Sanadhil] ahh

  • Sanadhil asks as you answer, aparently

[Dozilva] 'Oh why yes, I had a book on demon possession tucked up my skirts, since you ask." :p

[Sanadhil] I'm sure someont has made an item like that

[Sanadhil] a library in a bag of holding, made into a pair of trousers....

[Dozilva] It would be convenient... maybe not under skirts.

  • Dozilva lifts her own skirts higher to demonstrate ^-^

[Sanadhil] no, there are better things to hide under there ]:)

[Dozilva] Oh?

  • Dozilva arches an eyebrow, amused.
  • Sanadhil pulls her closer

[Sanadhil] things deserving a more thorough search

[Dozilva] Are you going to search me?

[Sanadhil] hmmm...

  • Sanadhil slides a hand up her thigh

[Sanadhil] I think I know what I might fand

[Dozilva] No books there.

[Sanadhil] (find)

[Sanadhil] no... just some lovely artwork

  • Dozilva smiles.
  • Sanadhil does too, tracing the familiar patter of her scars

[Sanadhil] ....was it all the same person?

[Dozilva] ...

[Dozilva] Yes.

  • Sanadhil nods, but doesn't ask more despite his curiousity

[Dozilva] You are wondering now, who it was.

  • Dozilva asks more gently.

[Sanadhil] Does it matter?

[Dozilva] He is dead now. So, he will not be coming to find me, take me away... if that is what you worry.

[Sanadhil] No.

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil smiles his 'everything's fine!' repressing things smile
  • Dozilva frowns slightly.
  • Dozilva puts her hand over yours, on her thigh.

[Dozilva] You can ask me, if you want to know. I will not be hurt by it.

[Dozilva] And you do not need to be hurt by it either.

[Sanadhil] Its not anything that I need to know.

  • Sanadhil says dismissively

[Dozilva] You see the marks every day.

[Dozilva] You will think of who made them, whether you wish it or not.

[Dozilva] That is what they are for - for the memory. Except you have no memory, only imaginings.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I shouldn't have asked.

[Dozilva] You have the right to ask.

  • Sanadhil takes her hand.

[Dozilva] I am yours now...

  • Sanadhil frowns slightly

[Sanadhil] It dosn't seem.... fair.

[Dozilva] No?

[Sanadhil] No.

[Dozilva] Mmm.

  • Dozilva slides your hand further up her thigh.

[Dozilva] Fair... how dull. Be unfair to me, please.

  • Sanadhil does not resist, though of course now he can't stop thinking about this dead guy who left his marks all over his girlfriend.
  • Sanadhil pulls her toward him a little

[Sanadhil] Tell me who he was

[Dozilva] He was my master... my teacher. After the group teachings, when I was old enough. His name was Adrzej.

[Sanadhil] Did you care for him?

[Dozilva] He was older, very much, and very wise. I learned much from him.

[Dozilva] I felt for him as for ...

  • Dozilva considers what analogy to make.

[Dozilva] As for a father? I do not know if that is right, fathers are very different between here and there.

[Dozilva] As for someone who would protect me always.

[Dozilva] I wanted very much to please him, too.

  • Sanadhil nods, listening quietly

[Dozilva] It was not as what I feel for you... not the same.

[Sanadhil] I know.

[Sanadhil] How long ago was it?

[Dozilva] That I went with him? I was sixty then. Long ago.

[Dozilva] Half my life ago.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] A long time.

  • Dozilva nods.
  • Sanadhil kisses her
  • Dozilva kisses back.

[Sanadhil] Long enough

[Dozilva] Yes. And I was with him for half that time again.

[Dozilva] Long enough for many marks, but not all.

[Sanadhil] No, not all

  • Dozilva points vaguely to her body, to parts that are still unmarked.
  • Sanadhil nods, and trails a finger along the first scar he gave her
  • Dozilva smiles at that.

[Sanadhil] We'll have time for plenty more

[Dozilva] I would like that.

  • Dozilva pulls you down onto her, a bit more eagerly/roughly than usual for her.
  • Sanadhil is caught slightly off guard, and gets easily pulled down, though he will struggle for a little more control once we're down
  • Dozilva kisses your ear.
  • Sanadhil is not so good at control when it comes to that :3

[Dozilva] (....and I'm sure we know what happens next ...)

[Sanadhil] (yeah ;)

Ysabeau and Marl

  • Ysabeau has been working on some new music to celebrate the birth of Leolin. Since it's been a little while since he was born now, life for Marl has probably mostly returned to whatever routine an emperor can have, so Ysabeau has arranged to meet with him to give him a little preview of the music.

[Ysabeau] (Of course that is a thinly-veiled cover for them having sex for an hour or so, as most others would assume...)

[Ysabeau] (Which suits Ysabeau fine...)

  • Marl will be waiting in one of the music rooms, then, at the appointed time.
  • Ysabeau arrives early to tune up a harp which isn't hers... the belly of her lute and her belly are now competing for real estate in her lap. So a floor harp it will have to be... even that may be pretty awkward to manage.
  • Ysabeau smiles warmly for Marl.

[Ysabeau] Good afternoon, Your Majesty. I'm glad you could come. It's been a while.

[Marl] Mme. Olivier - a pleasure, as always :)

[Ysabeau] How are Her Majesty and the little prince? Are you enjoying being a father?

  • Ysabeau makes some last final adjustments to the harp as she converses with him.

[Marl] They are very well, thank you. Leolin is still very small, he doesn't do too much yet, but I seem to recall that they become more interesting with time ;)

[Ysabeau] Indeed. Very interesting when they learn that they can move independently of others.

  • Marl nods.

[Ysabeau] Luckily you'll have plenty of help to keep him from getting into scrapes.

[Marl] I recall my brother quite nearly walking off a balcony when he got away from a nursemaid.

  • Marl says, nodding.

[Ysabeau] Oh, how frightful!

[Marl] He escaped unscathed, fortunately for him - and the servant.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] And for the Princess Ilphere, as well.

  • Ysabeau smiles.
  • Marl nods.

[Ysabeau] Who is also expecting a little one. It's nice that their child and yours will be so close in age.

[Ysabeau] Perhaps they'll be close friends.

[Marl] Yes, indeed. Assuming they get along :)

  • Ysabeau looks up at him and smiles.

[Ysabeau] (Does it sound like he and Menard didn't get along very well?)

  • Marl is a lot older than Menard, like 11-12 years older... probably they were not very close as children.

[Ysabeau] (oh right!)

  • Ysabeau will play the music for him... hopefully well.
  • Marl sits and listens.

[Ysabeau] (31)

  • Marl applauds at the end.

[Marl] That was charming :)

[Ysabeau] I'm glad you liked it, Your Majesty.

[Marl] Is this the finished product, or do you intend to add more to it?

  • Ysabeau looks pensive, and a bit concerned, perhaps.

[Ysabeau] I could add more to it if Your Majesty desired.

[Marl] Oh, no, don't take my advice on matters of music! I was merely curious.

  • Ysabeau is wondering how to fit that in with all the other stuff she has to finish before her own baby is born.
  • Ysabeau tries not to let her relief show.
  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I have been working on an arrangement for a larger group of musicians, if it please Your Majesty.

  • Marl nods.

[Marl] That would be lovely, I'm sure.

[Ysabeau] It's been tough, I have all these ideas for music in my head but really I need to finish my Castalia thesis before my own child is born.

[Ysabeau] So I've been fighting to work on it, and not to compose.

[Marl] That is quite understandable.

[Ysabeau] But of course, I need to earn my living, as well. Honour demands it.

  • Marl smiles.
  • Ysabeau smiles, as well.

[Marl] Dear, am I not paying your husband enough? I would hate to think you must struggle to make ends meet.

  • Ysabeau laughs.

[Ysabeau] Honour, I said, not financial problems. ;)

[Marl] Then it may be that you will have to choose, at least temporarily, between education and honour. A decision many have had to make in their time... ;)

[Ysabeau] Oh my, is there a story here, perhaps from your own experience?

[Marl] Perhaps.

  • Marl says mysteriously.

[Ysabeau] Oooh. Now I'm curious. I should have been from House Cat.

[Ysabeau] What did you do your thesis on? I'll have to look it up in the library, some time.

[Marl] It was on Binding spells.

[Ysabeau] Binding, hmm? People or creatures or both?

  • Ysabeau teases.
  • Marl chuckles.

[Marl] It could be used on either.

[Marl] It's not as fun as it sounds, I'm afraid ;)

  • Marl teases back.
  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] Did you invent some binding spells yourself, or was it more along the lines of comparing those that already exist?

[Marl] Oh, it's much too powerful a spell for me to have been tinkering with it while I was at the Castalia. No, I was examining instances in which the spell has been used in the past. I don't know if you know, but it has a number of variations, so one of the factors I was considering was why which particular version was used in each situation

  • Ysabeau 's face lights up with intellectual curiosity, as it often does when they have their little tete-a-tetes

[Ysabeau] What is the spell called? And how did you know when it had been used? Is it documented?

  • Ysabeau gets all enthusiastic.

[Marl] It's simply called 'Binding', and I went through a wide variety of historical documents to locate instances when it was used.

  • Ysabeau imagines Marl going on the equivalent of a treasure hunt, sifting through mounds of books, papers and records to find a few tidbits of information.

[Ysabeau] Is that what would have been used for the entities in the Arch? I can't imagine there would be records going that far back.

[Marl] That's a very interesting question, one I've considered myself. You're quite right that there are no records indicating that it was used, and the situation doesn't match with any of the known variants of the spell.

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Ysabeau looks puzzled, trying to think.

[Ysabeau] So, when was it used?

  • Ysabeau asks, flushed with eagerness.
  • Marl can name you some miscellaneous examples, and finish up with... "It was also employed in 2128, the most recent instance as far as I know, to bind the creature known as Kavreshar."

[Ysabeau] So... the Great Fires - was that him?

[Marl] Yes, I believe so.

  • Ysabeau nods, looking very deep in thought once more.

[Ysabeau] How did he arrive on the scene the last time, is that recorded anywhere?

  • Marl shakes his head.

[Ysabeau] Who would have wanted him here now?

[Ysabeau] (I'll be SMing him if he answers this)

[Marl] It must have been done subtly, for I was unable to locate any indication that anyone was aware of it until after it had already been in action for some time.

  • Ysabeau looks very puzzled.

[Ysabeau] (38)

[Ysabeau] (he is telling the truth, as far as I can tell?)

[Marl] And as to who would have wanted it here now, I find it difficult to imagine anyone *wanted* it...

[Marl] Unless they were under a profound misapprehension about what the nature of the beast would entail.

  • Marl appears to be telling the truth.

[Ysabeau] Well, someone had to put the series of events into motion, to unbind him, right?

[Marl] This time?

  • Ysabeau nods uncertainly.

[Marl] It could have been inadvertent. I sincerely hope that it was.

[Ysabeau] Do you think he could be bound again?

[Ysabeau] If we could locate him?

[Marl] Yes, I believe so. If it was done once, there's no reason it couldn't be done again. Except, of course, that it would be expecting it this time.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Who bound him, the last time, do you know?

[Marl] The Chief Sorcerer at the time, Charlette D'Angremond, with the assitance of several others - Arlessa Deverara, Emil Frythe, Biala Marchese, Tobias Rademacher, and Vallenar Feld.

[Ysabeau] Hmm.

[Marl] As well as the Emperor at the time, Adrius Blessing.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] So there would have to be a number of sorcerors involved again, to make sure it worked.

[Ysabeau] Well, if it could be lured out of hiding and all.

[Marl] Yes - the more casters assist with the casting, the more difficult the spell is to resist.

[Ysabeau] Do you think it was responsible for the granary fires, and the... and the bridge disaster?

  • Ysabeau asks carefully, since he lost family in the bridge disaster.

[Marl] It would be comforting to believe that it was, certainly. To believe that a force of great evil was working against us, rather than simply people who were careless or lazy.

[Ysabeau] Well, the granary fires are questionable, I suppose.

[Ysabeau] But the bridge... from my untutored eye, that seems to have been planned.

[Ysabeau] The blockage on the other bridge, on a night when so many people would be at the palace.

  • Marl nods.

[Ysabeau] Do you think it was behind that?

[Ysabeau] (still SMing)

[Marl] I believe that it may have been - but that it couldn't have done it without assistance. Most likely, human assistance.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Hopefully we can bring the human accomplices to justice, eventually.

[Ysabeau] Kavreshar is another kettle of fish entirely, though. :/

[Marl] Indeed.

[Ysabeau] (he's sincere about all this, it seems to me?)

  • Marl seems so, yes.
  • Ysabeau lapses into quiet thought, strumming the harp lightly.
  • Ysabeau looks up, blushing, remembering she's still in the presence of the emperor.

[Ysabeau] I'm sorry, Your Majesty.

  • Marl smiles.

[Marl] Why?

  • Ysabeau blushes more deeply.

[Ysabeau] For forgetting myself.

[Marl] There's nothing wrong with forgetting yourself occasionally.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] Well, thank you, Your Majesty, for speaking with me.

[Marl] I'm glad to - I rather wondered if after our last meeting, you would ever deign to speak to me again.

  • Ysabeau blushes again.

[Ysabeau] I have a fiery temper; I must apologize for leaving you stranded there.

[Marl] Oh, not to worry. I found my own way home.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] It wasn't very gracious of me, regardless.

[Marl] Well, I wasn't very gracious either. I probably deserved it.

  • Ysabeau ducks her head, then looks up with as much courage as she can muster.

[Ysabeau] Yes, you kind of did. But I understand that you can't always afford to be nice to people, when you need to get something done.

  • Marl nods.

[Ysabeau] Where would I be able to find a copy of your thesis to read it, Your Majesty?

[Ysabeau] It seems like it could be quite important knowledge.

[Marl] I have one, if you'd care to borrow it.

[Ysabeau] That would be wonderful, thank you!

[Ysabeau] I'll be very careful with it.

[Marl] I'm sure you will.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Marl] It's in my personal library - shall I take you there?

  • Ysabeau nods, and stands up awkwardly.
  • Marl offers you his arm.
  • Ysabeau takes it...
  • Marl will escort you to the library, then.

[Marl] (I can send you a desc. of the book - did you have anything else you needed to ask him?)

[Ysabeau] (I don't think so - thanks!! Long scene. :) )


Sanadhil and Laeken

  • Sanadhil will come by the society late one evening, hoping to find the Demi-Lich in the library
  • Laeken is lurking quietly on a windowsill, looking decorative.

[Sanadhil] (not reading?)

  • Laeken is just sitting. Perhaps looking out the window?

[Sanadhil] Good evening, Laeken....

  • Sanadhil hopes he is not talking to a random skull @_@

[Laeken] Good evening.

[Sanadhil] have you fnished all our books?

[Laeken] All the ones of interest to me, perhaps.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] Did you want something more, then?

[Laeken] I am considering that question.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Laeken] And what about you? Do you want something more?

[Sanadhil] Oh, always...

[Laeken] Good.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] I have more questions for you, to start.

[Laeken] Very well.

[Sanadhil] One of the society members recently complete casting a Legend Lore spell on Emkathon

  • Laeken sits, listening... you assume.

[Sanadhil] "Half of the whole, the vessel that bore the sacred blood, who shows love to her foes and mercy to her captors. Her imprisonment protects her enemies and her children alike, her sacrifice averts their doom, her freedom reunites what was sundered."

[Laeken] I see.

[Sanadhil] I assume that makes a fair amount of sense to you, since you know more of the condition of her imprisonment...

[Sanadhil] its the protection of her enemies that concerns me, though

[Sanadhil] We told you about Kavreshar being released, yes?

[Laeken] She protects all - even those who would destroy her if they could.

[Laeken] Yes.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] he has been active in the city, of course

[Laeken] As one would expect.

[Sanadhil] He had been using a group of humans who are disastisfied with the city to wreak havoc...

[Sanadhil] he also has demonic allies

[Laeken] He has had to confine himself to mundane methods of destruction - fire, famine, and the like.

[Laeken] If it were not for Her presence here, he would have obliterated this place. But he cannot risk harming her.

[Sanadhil] he has been fairly effective - I hadn't considered that he coudl be responsible for the famine, hmmm

  • Sanadhil wonders about the war

[Sanadhil] Why not?

[Laeken] Because without her, he is nothing. Half of the whole, as you said.

  • Sanadhil considers

[Sanadhil] I'm concerned that, though they are relatively mundane, his methods for destryong the city may be more than sufficient.

[Laeken] That is quite possible, yes.

[Sanadhil] After we were able to connect him to the levellers, he disappeared, along with their leader, a woman named Thea Vermillion

[Sanadhil] Her family is an old Wolf family, and may carry some of your blood.

[Laeken] Hm. That is troubling indeed.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] She is known to still be in his company at least, but now all traces of both have been lost

[Sanadhil] She had been trying to associate another powerful noble of your house, but we don't know why

[Sanadhil] And now the empire is preparing for a civil war....

[Laeken] I assume efforts are being made to locate the woman.

[Sanadhil] yes - they found her initsially through scrying, but she is now protected from such means, as is he.

[Laeken] Interesting.

  • Sanadhil eyes the skull

[Sanadhil] Are you familiar with that spell? i wonder if she, or he, could hide from you

[Laeken] Scrying could be blocked. But a Discern Location, I suspect she would have great difficulty avoiding.

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Laeken] If you can provide me with something she owned, I could attempt it.

[Laeken] As, to my knowledge, I have never met her.

[Sanadhil] I think that could be arranged. We know where she was staying, at least, and the countess shoudl be able to determine whether or not something belonged to her fairly accurately

[Laeken] Very well.

[Sanadhil] At what point would you consider that the protection emkathon affords is no longer suficient?

[Laeken] Well, if the city were to be obliterated, that would be an indication.

  • Laeken says dryly.

[Sanadhil] I suppose so -_-

[Laeken] 'Vermillion' - red.

  • Sanadhil considers how much he should push the issue, or whether he shouldn't rsk ruinign the ability to find tea and maybe

kavreshar by pising off the Lich

[Sanadhil] yes...

  • Laeken seems off on some other train of thought.

[Sanadhil] What of it?

[Laeken] Like blood.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] There is also a Trueblood family that carries your lineage

[Sanadhil] The empress is one - She has visions, sometimes, about the Serpent, after passing through the arch

[Laeken] Yes, I have heard of the name.

[Sanadhil] My friend Ilphere does also.

[Laeken] I suppose the bloodline must have spread widely.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] She and her cousin have had stronger visions.

[Sanadhil] have you read many religious works?

[Laeken] Yes, some. Why?

[Sanadhil] Thaleus rademacher, on whose works much of the way of the Wheel is founded, was one of your decendents also.

[Sanadhil] It was after him that the Phaeria was lost - it was buried with him

[Laeken] My daughter bore many children, then.

[Sanadhil] Well, it has been a long time. If if she only had a few, the blood is likely well dispersed.

[Laeken] She had already had eight, by the time I died.

[Sanadhil] That is a fair few...

[Laeken] I suppose it is, yes. Compared to some, perhaps not so many, but more than I had, certainly.

[Sanadhil] but I think Thaelus was important somehow - he figures heavily in their visions

[Laeken] Because he was formative in creating the new religion, as I understand matters.

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] But in the visions he says that there is something wrong - that the wheel isn't turning properly

[Sanadhil] It was in her vision that we first learned of Emkathon, and the Phaeria.

[Laeken] Hm.

[Sanadhil] yes...

[Laeken] I admit I am far from an expert on matters of religion. But the wheel refers to the rebirth of souls, does it not?

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] I'm not expert either

[Laeken] Outsiders often have a clearer perspective in any case.

[Sanadhil] But I have been told that the source from which they are made has run dry

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] (outsiders, and Outsiders ^-^)

[Laeken] Then that could well be the problem.

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] i've also been told that teh Serpent is the only power that can force new souls, or create the material from which new ones are formed, perhaps

[Laeken] If the new gods are unable, for whatever reason, to create new souls, or imbue bodies with, ah, recycled ones, then it would seem this could cause serious problems.

[Laeken] ... I wonder if she foresaw this, so long ago.

  • Laeken says pensively.
  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] How do you mean?

[Sanadhil] that this is why she came to you, to protect the blood?

[Laeken] Yes.

[Sanadhil] Did she tell you anythig about it? About what shoudl be done?

[Laeken] About the blood?

  • Sanadhil tries to keep from sounding overly reverent when talking about her @_@

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Sanadhil] About bringing back the Serpent

[Sanadhil] or restoring it...

[Laeken] She believed that it was imperative that it be preserved. And she did believe that the Serpent would eventually return, although she never told me how this would happen. She seemed to think it was inevitable, though.

[Sanadhil] But she never told you how it shoudl be done?

[Laeken] The restoration of the Arch seems to have gone some measure towards that return, but there is yet something else missing.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Laeken] She never told me, no. Perhaps Katha knew, though.

[Sanadhil] Katha was your daughter?

[Laeken] Yes.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] The group that I told you of have had communion with the Serpent, though the instructions have been vague...

[Laeken] Instructions?

[Sanadhil] people to find

[Sanadhil] and what's to be done with them

[Laeken] Hm.

[Laeken] Perhaps these people know what needs to be done, then. Perhaps the knowledge has been passed down?

[Sanadhil] That is possible

[Sanadhil] there were two children who passed through the arch in their mothers' wombs, and were marked by The Serpent

  • Laeken listens.

[Sanadhil] The order's instructions were to find someone... "She was conceived by one reborn, carried by one failed, raised by one chosen. Before her very birth, I spoke to her. Her womb is barren, except for he of whom she dreams, but she bears the light of the stars within her."

[Sanadhil] I think that refers to one of the children...

[Sanadhil] There are many prophecies...

[Sanadhil] One about the other child: Your child and the child of another who passed through the Arch will give you a grandchild on the 5th of Second-month in your 52nd year. And the birth of that child will herald the death of your faith and the rebirth of another, the death of your love and the rebirth of another, the death of your child and the rebirth of another.

[Laeken] How very specific.

[Laeken] When is that?

[Sanadhil] This coming year

[Laeken] In Second-month. Hm.

[Sanadhil] Those two had a child together as well, about whom there is another legend lore: When a woman fathers a child, and her daughter to Greywatch is kin when the starlight returns to its first form, as the serpent at last sheds its skin then the mother of mercy seeks vengeance, and the wheel shall soon cease to spin.

[Laeken] Oh, that one rhymes. How artistic.

[Sanadhil] I do wonder where these things come from -_-

[Laeken] Well, if you believe you know who these prophecies refer to, is it prudent to speak with one or the other of them, and see if they have some knowledge that may pertain to the situation?

[Sanadhil] The one doesn't

[Sanadhil] the other is more difficult to approach

[Laeken] I see.

[Sanadhil] But they do suggest that Emkathon will be freed

[Laeken] Yes. And that she will seek out Kavreshar.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] Do you think it would destroy them both?

[Laeken] I don't know what it would do.

[Laeken] It could destroy them both, destroy this entire land... or it could be a rebirth.

[Sanadhil] I would hope for the second.

[Sanadhil] or will, I suppose

[Laeken] Birth is painful, or so I have observed.

[Laeken] But necessary.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Laeken] And, once certain events have been set in motion, inevitable, short of death.

[Sanadhil] Inevitable, yes @_@

[Laeken] I have survived this long. I would prefer not to be destroyed now.

[Laeken] No doubt you feel the same.

[Laeken] On a ... smaller scale.

[Sanadhil] Precisely

  • Sanadhil smiles/smirks.

[Sanadhil] I would rather learn what I can to effect a more favourable outcome

[Laeken] So who are these people, then. The ones the prophecies speak of.

  • Sanadhil eyes the skull, considering

[Laeken] You are thinking I will kill them if you tell me.

[Sanadhil] It crossed my mind, to be sure.

[Laeken] Rest assured if I wanted to know that badly, I would simply take the thoughts from your mind.

  • Laeken says, not at all reassuringly.

[Sanadhil] That also crossed my mind.

[Sanadhil] But what will you do with the knowledge?

[Laeken] What I do with the rest of my knowledge - ponder it. Consider its implications. Delve into its depths. Learn from it.

[Sanadhil] If you learn anything more than I have from it, I would bea eagre to hear it.

[Sanadhil] The two whose mothers passed through the arch are Theonee Deverara, whose mother was a failed Imperial candiate a little over 50 years ago

[Sanadhil] the other is Bulter Belden, whose mother became matriarch, and who was himself the head of the Order of the Spoke until only a week ago.

[Laeken] I see.

[Laeken] So she is the one spoken of in the first divination, and I presume by extension he is the second?

[Sanadhil] yes.

[Laeken] And their child is the third?

[Sanadhil] Their child was magically altered at birth, for its protection - channged from a girl to a boy

[Sanadhil] he goes now by the name Martan Olivier

[Laeken] Very well. Thank you for this.

[Sanadhil] You are welcome - especially of you can make something more of it than I have so far.

[Sanadhil] I will see about finding something that belonged to Thea Vermillion.

[Laeken] I shall consider. And yes, if you do, bring it to me and I shall see what it is possible to determine from it.

[Sanadhil] *nod*

[Sanadhil] If you also decide you would like to move away from here, I may be able to assist you with that as well.

[Laeken] I appreciate the thought.

[Sanadhil] *nod*

[Sanadhil] I will leave you to your considerations, then

  • Laeken returns to his view, then.
  • Sanadhil leaves to return home and meditate and hopes he didn't just make a mistake @_@


Seth and Howell Ivie

  • Seth will head over to the Mint to talk to Howell Ivie about golems.
  • Howell is in his office there, which is, as usual, full of papers and books and miscellaneous other crap.

[Seth] Good afternoon.

[Howell] Oh, Seth! good to see you.

[Seth] It has been too long.

[Howell] Indeed, it has.

[Howell] Come in, clear off a seat.

  • Seth sits, trying not to knock anything over.

[Seth] I will endeavour not to disturb your meticulous classificatory system in doing so.

[Howell] See that you don't.

  • Howell says sternly.

[Seth] So ... I don't know if you have heard the news.

  • Howell looks intrigued.

[Howell] About the golem?

[Howell] I assume that's why you're here.

[Seth] Yes, of course.

[Howell] Thrilling, isn't it?

[Seth] I think so. The Patriarch and his cronies are less impressed, I'm afraid. They consider it to be their property.

[Howell] Hm, well.

[Howell] Technically, they're probably right, but it's about as practical as saying I own a chicken that you already cooked and ate.

[Howell] They're not going to get it back.

[Seth] Especially since they had no interest or knowledge about her over the past several centuries.

[Howell] Indeed.

[Howell] ...'her'?

[Seth] Well, 'it' seems too depersonalized.

  • Howell arches an eyebrow, but shrugs.

[Seth] I'm trying to figure out what to do now. To ... rebuild her, or it, or whatever pronoun you prefer.

[Howell] So you're here to compare with Karik, I imagine?

[Seth] Yes, if that's possible.

[Howell] Certainly.

  • Howell asks you various technical questions about the newfound golem which I assume Seth can answer ;)

[Seth] I have made no absolute assurances to the Emperor regarding my ability to rebuild a golem, but he has ... hopes.

[Howell] Of course he does.

  • Howell says dryly.

[Howell] And I'm sure he'll provide you with any resources you may need.

[Seth] Yes, he has been most generous.

[Seth] Do you have any insights? Or knowledge of any documentation that might be relevant?

  • Howell considers.

[Howell] There are likely some records relating to damage being repaired on Karik over the years. I can dig those out.

[Seth] That would be most useful.

[Seth] I assume there are none living with that sort of technical knowledge?

[Howell] Not a full rebuilding, of course.

[Seth] Well, anything that would be available might be relevant.

  • Howell nods.

[Howell] I'll see what I can find.

[Seth] Of course, the greatest challenge is not mechanical, but magical, and in that regard I will surely require additional support. But I am certain that the Emperor's resources in that regard are tremendous.

[Howell] Yes, no doubt.

[Howell] Would it be possibe for me to assist in the rebuilding efforts?

[Seth] To whatever extent I need your assistance, of course.

  • Howell nods.
  • Howell can escort you to examin the intact golem, then.

[Seth] I do wonder what you might know about the amulets, both Karik's, and those of the other Sentinels.

[Howell] Well, I can tell you that Karik's amulet is kept under tight security these days.

[Seth] No doubt.

[Howell] Obviously I can't tell you all the details, but... it would be very difficult to steal it.

[Howell] As for the others, I don't know. I would speculate that this one, assuming it still exists, would be in the hands of the church.

[Seth] How would one identify a golem's amulet among other objects? Does it have a distinct magical signature?

[Howell] Not being a spellcaster myself, I'm not certain. I would imagine, just based on the theory that I've studied, that it might not show as magical unless the golem is activated?

[Seth] Interesting.

[Howell] Or at least, is functional.

[Seth] I have located and retrieved several amulets from the chamber where Schesutte's head was buried. None of them either obviously is, or is not, her activation amulet.

[Howell] Hmm.

[Howell] I'd wager one of them is. The others might be decoys.

[Howell] It would make sense that they would store them together.

[Seth] It seems probable, I agree.

[Seth] Do you have any contacts in the Church, archivists or scholars, for instance, who might be more ... amenable to my inquiries than the Patriarch's own staff?

[Howell] Hm... possibly. I can make some discreet inquiries, if you like.

[Seth] It would be appreciated. I am not a popular man in the Church hierarchy, I'm afraid.

  • Howell chuckles.

[Howell] No, I imagine not.

[Seth] Many thanks, Howell, for your assistance. I look forward to working with you on this project.

[Howell] And I with you, Seth. Thank you for thinking of me in this.

  • Seth will inspect Karik closely, attempting to learn what he can for the task ahead of him.

[Howell] (Karik does not talk to you, alas ;)


Alma and Sanadhil

  • Alma will arrive promptly for tea with the evil cultist. ^_^
  • Sanadhil welcomes you inside with all the customary pleantries - has tea and small snacks prepared in the little parlour/living room area downstairs
  • Alma has brought some crisps or somesuch as a gift.

[Sanadhil] I tried to reach M. Rionet as well, but I'm afraid I was unable. I hope to hear from him soon, however.

[Alma] Ah, news for us both then?

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Sanadhil] I spoke to Laeken about Kavreshar.

[Alma] Yes, you had mentioned you were planning to. How did that go?

[Sanadhil] He is willing, and able, to cast discern location on Thea Vermillion of we can find something of hers to use as a focus.

[Alma] Oh? That is useful.

[Sanadhil] quite

[Alma] Well, getting an item should be fairly easy. Their old lodgings have been abandoned, and Mr. Argo and I, as well perhaps the Duke, had intended to investigate.

[Alma] However I still have a ribbon that belonged to her, which I have been using to aid in my scrying.

[Sanadhil] that should serve, I imagine

[Alma] Yes, I think so.

[Sanadhil] would you be willing to part with it then?

[Alma] It's quite sensible that we have Laeken attempt to find her, as I cannot myself at present... .oO( Sooooon. )

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] I can see if I can arrange a time with thim, then, if you wish to be present when he casts it... and M. Rionet as well

[Alma] I would very much like to be present, yes.

[Alma] Mr. Argo may as well.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] if it could lead to Kavreshar, the others may be interested as well

[Alma] I'm quite certain it would lead us closer to Kavreshar, if not directly to it. :|

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] once we know where she is, however, we will still have to determine the best way to proceed...

[Sanadhil] if she can be apprehended and questioned, for example

[Alma] Yes, it would definitely be a delicate situation. I wonder if Laeken could be of assistance there as well.

[Sanadhil] its possible, though whether we would want to enlist further aid on his part....

[Sanadhil] that is possibly questionable

[Alma] I imagine if he wanted to pry further he could or would anyhow.

[Sanadhil] if confronting Kavreshar, certianly

[Sanadhil] indeed

[Alma] Did he have anything else to say about Kavreshar?

[Sanadhil] nothing we haven't already heard

  • Alma nods.

[Alma] Did he have any idea why she might be working with Phelix?

[Sanadhil] that if it were not for Emkathon that he would simply raze the city, without resorting to relying on human agents to do so

[Sanadhil] I didn't ask about that

[Sanadhil] He did seem concerned that she carries his, and Emkathon's, lineage

[Alma] Any suggestion as to how Kavreshar might make use of that?

[Sanadhil] nothing specific, no

  • Alma frowns a little in disappointment.

[Sanadhil] you're welcome to ask him yourself

[Alma] I suppose it's hard to tell if he doesn't know, or simply doesn't care to tell.

[Sanadhil] indeed

[Alma] I met with Dozilva for tea a few days ago.

  • Alma assumes word has made it to you.

[Sanadhil] yes, she told me

[Alma] A somwhat awkward conversation, but I suppose informative nonetheless. :)

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] I had discussed the Starflake with her as well, previously

[Sanadhil] I woudl liek to study it more, but I think it should ultimately be returned to her people

[Alma] Yes, I imagined that the case.

[Alma] I've been considering that myself lately... especially what constitutes "her people".

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Alma] Well, it is reasonable that they be in control of their own destiny, but to whom goes that choice, the Irrdin'errin?

[Sanadhil] why not?

[Alma] Perhaps they don't truly represent the population. The certainly didn't in Andusk.

[Sanadhil] we're not talkng about Andusk

[Alma] No, but the question is no less pertinent. Not knowing does not excuse pretending it is not a possibility.

[Sanadhil] There is never gong to be any one group who represents every view, ever, in any groupe

[Alma] Regardless, it's a question that concerns me, whether or not I see an answer.

[Sanadhil] The irrdin'errin are their leaders, and they are the only group, to my knowledge, that at present has the power and responsibility to make choices that affect the entire population

  • Alma nods

[Sanadhil] there is no perfect solution, but they are the best choice.

[Alma] Perhaps.

  • Alma is not taking a contrary tone, but still reserves her decision...

[Alma] I did have the opportunity to Commune with Owl before I spoke with her.

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Alma] The results suggest that Boyne was mistaken, or deceptive, though Communion is no less prickly than Legend Lore.

[Alma] Well, perhaps less prickly...

[Alma] I asked: "Do we know of two places by the name "Void"?" and was told No.

[Alma] "Can the Void run out of essence for new souls?" Yes.

[Alma] Is the point approaching where the Void will be out of essence for new souls?

[Alma] Are we past the point the Void is out of essence for new souls?

[Alma] Both no.

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Sanadhil] Ilphere's visions also suggest that there is a problem with the turning of the wheel

[Sanadhil] it may be a more complicated issue

[Sanadhil] perhaps you shoudl have just asked if the gods are capable of making new souls

[Alma] I did not have opportunity to ask if he may have been mistaken, if he was not, then I could explore whether I am mislead or mistaken myself... by accident, etc.

[Sanadhil] or, the seven, specifically

[Alma] It was not my most pressing question.

[Sanadhil] what was?

[Alma] Whether there could be no new souls.

[Sanadhil] ...what do you mean by that?

[Alma] The issue did not appear to me to be whether the Gods could create new souls, but whether the Void was "empty" per se.

[Alma] At least that's how I took our conversation.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Alma] I also asked with regards to the Shadar-kai and Cozovode.

[Sanadhil] Whether or not Earric was specifically correct, it seems to me that there is still a problem

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Alma] Yes... you said a problem with the turning of the wheel... do you have anything more to add to that?

  • Alma seems pensive.

[Sanadhil] no, but it seemed related to me, if the wheel relates to the ability of souls to pass through their incarnations

  • Alma nods

[Alma] With regards to the Shadar-kai and Cozovode, it seems to be that they are unaffected by the Centre or Hell...

[Alma] Specifically...

[Alma] When Cozovode who do not follow the Seven die, can their souls reach the Centre, generally?

[Alma] When Cozovode who do not follow the Seven die, are their souls doomed to Hell, generally?

[Alma] Can the souls of the Shadar-kai reach the Centre?

[Alma] Are the souls of the Shadar-kai threatened by Hell?

[Alma] All negative.

[Sanadhil] generally?

[Sanadhil] what do you mean by 'generally'?

[Sanadhil] and... threatened by hell?

[Sanadhil] you chose some odd questions

[Alma] Do you not consider Hell a threat?

[Sanadhil] No a threat, per sey, no.

[Alma] Well that is definitely something upon which we differ.

[Sanadhil] hmm.

[Alma] When souls are doomed to Hell, it results in suffering; that I know.

[Sanadhil] yes

[Alma] If the Shadar-kai are not threatened by Hell, how else is there a negative relationship between the two?

[Sanadhil] It seems to me that it is something that will happen, or will not. It isn't a threat.

[Sanadhil] its an awful, unfortunate outcome

[Sanadhil] but a threat? It strikes me as the wrong word

[Alma] Except that it is not an inevitable outcome.

[Sanadhil] I didn't say it was.

[Alma] Then it is a threat.

[Sanadhil] though that is what I was attempting to determine

[Alma] If I had asked if the Shadar-kai were doomed to Hell, then I would not have learned if some Shadar-kai are threatened by Hell.

[Alma] If that is the case.

[Sanadhil] All I wanted to know is whether their souls go to Hell

[Sanadhil] I consider the matter unresolved, but I hope that it doesn't matter to them.

[Alma] Well that is a complicated question.

[Alma] Do their souls ALWAYS go to hell? Do SOME go to hell? etc.

[Alma] If their souls always go to hell, and there is SOME way of changing that outcome, then it is a threat, not an absolute.

[Sanadhil] it a possibility

[Sanadhil] I'm still not sure I would phrase it as a threat.

[Alma] Well what precisely do you call the possibility of being consigned to the plane of evil?

[Alma] Just "a thing"?

[Sanadhil] a bad thing, certainly.

[Sanadhil] a threat implies it is somethg over which you have control

[Alma] Well, is it because threats require intent? If so, you did say Earric spoke of Hell *wanting* souls, not simply acquiring them by natural process.

[Alma] And we may have control.

[Sanadhil] maybe

[Alma] Us, perhaps the Cozovode and the Shadar-kai themselves are involved in their own ways in this process.

[Alma] And as for "generally", that was necessary in case there is some sort of judgement placed on the Cozovode as on those of us in the Way of the Wheel. Not all of us reach the Centre, so to is it unlikely that all Cozovode would reach the Centre, or Hell.

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[Alma] And what is the problem with that?

[Sanadhil] It doesn't matter.

[Alma] I disagree.

[Alma] You wanted me to determine whether these two peoples are threatened by Hell, and it seems they are not.

  • Sanadhil shakes his head

[Sanadhil] No, that is not what I asked - that is what you asked, I dn't consider it the same, but if it satisfies you, then so be it. Its your spell, and your gods.

[Alma] Well perhaps you should have phrased the questions yourself when I asked for them.

[Sanadhil] I will take hat in to consideration in the future.

[Alma] And I will also have to take your doubts into consideration myself...

[Sanadhil] *nod*

[Sanadhil] Thank you for telling me, all the same

[Alma] You honestly believe that to ask "generally" instead of "absolutely" would result in a different response?

[Sanadhil] I don't think I woudl add a qualifying term

[Alma] Well then the response given is useless.

[Sanadhil] Not at all

[Alma] Can a Cozovode soul reach the Centre? Perhaps, yes, perhaps only one, who has undertaken some sort of quest or ritual not open to most of his people.

[Sanadhil] If you ask ;do cozovode souls go to hell", and the answer is affirmative, then it tells me that they are more bound by that cosmology than our own priests are aeware

[Sanadhil] period

[Sanadhil] the same with the shadar kai

[Alma] So then your concern is NOT whether the peoples themselves are threatened as a whole but whether one or two individuals might, possibly, maybe be affected?

[Sanadhil] if you ask,in general, whether they do, then at the least it implies that most go to one or the other

[Alma] Yes, meaning that simply being outside of the Way of the Wheel is not enough to guarantee either.

[Sanadhil] indeed

[Sanadhil] ...

[Alma] Whether *some* of either population is threatened is of course a concern of mine, but determining that absolute is far more important...

[Sanadhil] we are missing each other in meaning

[Sanadhil] Clearly the Shadar Kain and the Cozovode are outside the way of the wheel

[Alma] Yes.

[Sanadhil] I am willing to speak in absolute terms in *that* matter

[Alma] At least most Cozovode...

[Sanadhil] No, all.

[Sanadhil] I don't think you count as cozovode if you reject t out religious teachings

[Alma] I have no evidence of this, so I cannot speak to it.

[Alma] Ah, I see what you mean.

[Alma] The culture, not the race?

[Sanadhil] yes

[Sanadhil] there are other elves

[Alma] Very well. That I can agree to.

[Sanadhil] and other races, as well

[Sanadhil] but if all souls originate from the same source, and are bound to the same fates.... that's worth considering

[Alma] Yes, it is, but I don't see how that is indicated in the responses I received.

[Sanadhil] I do't think the responses you received are very clear at all, for the most part

[Sanadhil] Even if there are truly only two options, then to ask if only one is the fate of an entire race "generally" is too broad.

[Alma] That's precisely why I asked if the Cozovode CAN reach the centre.

[Sanadhil] generally.

[Alma] Yes, generally.

[Alma] Capacity is key

  • Sanadhil sighs and rubs his head

[Alma] Unless you believe that the Cozovode are fated to one result or another.

[Sanadhil] That is the concern, yes!

[Alma] I mean that in the sense that... an evil man is fated to Hell and beyond redemption.

[Sanadhil] i don't care about whether men, or elves, are evil or not

[Alma] Then what would qualify one to reach the Centre?

[Alma] And would that quality be predestined?

[Alma] If it's not predestined, then *generally* one could reach the Centre.

[Sanadhil] I mean in the sense that the Center may not be *accessible*, and that the 'well of souls, or the void, or however your people want to think of starmatter as the creative stuff of souls *cannot currently be reached* then is hell the *only* remaining option.

[Alma] Well clearly it isn't.

[Alma] As generally, Cozovode are not doomed to Hell.

[Sanadhil] if the souls siply cease to be, that would be more of a comfort.

  • Sanadhil sighs

[Sanadhil] very well.

[Sanadhil] I don't see the point in further discussion then.

[Alma] Very well.

  • Alma looks down at her questions.
  • Alma tells you of the following

[Alma] Is it the will of Serpent that souls be consigned either to Hell or the Centre? (No)

[Alma] Upon death, do the souls of the Shadar-kai rejoin with the essence of the Shadow Plane? (No.)

[Alma] Dozilva's explanation suggested that was a poor question, as they believe their souls rejoin... something which is like the "Nature" of their plane, rather than the plane itself.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Alma] Will restoring the Stars to the Shadow Plane cause more suffering than good to the Shadar-kai? (No.)

  • Alma closes her notes.
  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] Well then, I suppose that is all.

[Sanadhil] Thank you for that.

  • Alma smiles politely.
  • Sanadhil as well

[Alma] I ought to return to my duties.

  • Alma finishes her tea

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Sanadhil] I shall not keep you then

  • Alma will be on her way then.

[Sanadhil] Good Day.


Ysabeau, Alma and Sanadhil

  • Ysabeau has asked Alma and Sanadhil in for a private chat in one of the study rooms at the Society; she would have asked others but they're busy elsewhere or something.

[Alma] .oO( Huzzah! )

[Ysabeau] How are you both?

[Alma] Well enough, Ysabeau :)

[Sanadhil] Well, but busy, thank you

  • Ysabeau smiles warmly, but she also seems to be almost constantly preoccupied, of late.
  • Sanadhil has a few books with him that he picked up from the library

[Sanadhil] And yourself?

[Ysabeau] Busy, busy, busy.

[Ysabeau] I'll make it short then...

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Ysabeau] I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with His Majesty earlier this week.

[Ysabeau] The pretext was I had some music to run by him, to celebrate the birth of his son. So... there wouldn't have been any reason for him to suspect anything and cast Glibness or anything like that.

[Ysabeau] So, as far as I am concerned, we can put one fear to rest.

[Alma] Oh?

[Ysabeau] I don't believe he had anything to do with Kavreshar's release at his coronation.

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Sanadhil listens

[Ysabeau] In fact he seems concerned that it's loose.

[Ysabeau] Well, he did lose family in the bridge disaster, after all.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Alma] How did you bring this up? o_o

[Ysabeau] I played the music, then we sort of touched on how busy life is, which made an opening for chatting about Castalia papers, since I'm still in the middle of writing mine.

[Ysabeau] So then I asked him about his, it went from there.

[Alma] Hmm...

[Sanadhil] did he have anything else to say abot kavreshar?

[Alma] Well it's good that you didn't suspect he was hiding anything... it would be extremely troubling if he either suspected he could control such a thing, or didn't care if he could.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I asked if, during his research, he had come across anything that suggested why it showed up on the scene in 2128.

[Ysabeau] He said that it seems that it happened very subtly, so that Kavreshar had been active already for quite some time before anyone realized it.

  • Ysabeau lists off who was involved in binding it in 2128.

[Sanadhil] that's not surprising

[Ysabeau] You probably might know that already?

[Ysabeau] He doesn't know who would have wanted to release it this time.

[Ysabeau] He hopes it was unintentional, but doesn't really know, one way or the other, as far as I can tell.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Ysabeau] He believes it could be bound again, since it worked once, but of course, Kavreshar would be aware that that could happen.

[Ysabeau] So it might be a lot more difficult this time. Kavreshar would be ready for such a tactic, I think.

[Ysabeau] So does Marl.

[Sanadhil] yes, that seems likey

[Alma] Hm, I wonder if that is why the Chief Sorceror was assassinated.

  • Sanadhil nods to alma

[Sanadhil] the fct that the records from her office were missing is definitely suggestive

  • Ysabeau shrugs.

[Alma] Binding is unfortunately not a spell accessible to the clergy, as far as I am aware.

[Sanadhil] it is fairly powerful

[Ysabeau] It's not; I looked it up. And I've started reading his thesis now.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Ysabeau] It's not a bardic spell either. So we've got the sorcerors, and that's it.

[Alma] Indeed, even a mortal Miracle would not be able to duplicate it... though perhaps it might bolster it in another fashion

[Ysabeau] And we would need a lot of fairly powerful sorcerors to accomplish it, so you might have to involve Marl himself if you wanted to attempt it.

[Alma] And Wizards, if we could find one willing to assist.

[Sanadhil] I'm sure we could

[Alma] Laeken perhaps.

[Sanadhil] Laeken can cast Imprisonment

[Alma] Hmm, true.

  • Sanadhil looks to ysa

[Sanadhil] Laeken has offered to help find them, using Thea, at least

[Alma] His immunity to magic might allow him to do that, if we find Kavreshar.

[Alma] Yes, using Discern Location, and an item of Thea's.

[Ysabeau] That's good, isn't it?

[Ysabeau] I hope it works...

[Ysabeau] Though I am not certain what to do once we have that knowledge.

[Sanadhil] I think we need to apprehend and questin her

[Ysabeau] Easier said than done if she's under Kavreshar's protection, I think...

[Alma] Indeed.

[Ysabeau] We lost her once already. :/

[Alma] If nothing else, we would know where she is in order to survey her and see if she is in contact with Kavreshar.

  • Ysabeau still feels bad about that.

[Sanadhil] yes, this will give us an opportunity for that

[Sanadhil] we can then determine if we can apprehend her or not

[Alma] If nothing else, Imprisonment might give us time to prepare for a Binding, if it is a better choice.

[Sanadhil] *nods*

[Ysabeau] Well, that's really all I had to say.

[Ysabeau] Have either of you learned anything new...?

[Sanadhil] not yet

  • Ysabeau unconsciously lays her hand on her belly, and a little line of worry appears between her brows.

[Ysabeau] Okay... :(

[Alma] Nothing about Kavreshar. I conducted a Commune, though Mr. Orecalo has heard the results, so I suppose we shall discus them another time :)

  • Ysabeau nods sadly.

[Sanadhil] I assure you that if i learn anythig else of relevance, I shall let you know.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I know. There just... there isn't a lot of time left.

[Sanadhil] no?

[Sanadhil] There's nothing in any of the prophecies that suggests events will be set in to motion as soon as your child is born

[Alma] It feels near.

[Alma] As susperstitious as that sounds.

[Sanadhil] well, perhaps

[Ysabeau] I know, but there's nothing in any of the prophecies that says my child's birth won't set things into motion, either.

[Ysabeau] It's the uncertainty that is killing me.

[Sanadhil] Things are already in motion

[Ysabeau] I could deal with it, make decisions, take some sort of action if I knew what to expect.

  • Sanadhil leans on the cane he's been carryign again recently

[Ysabeau] But I'm caught by uncertainty like a fly in a spider's web. Everything I try just seems to make my situation worse.

  • Ysabeau rubs away a tear or two.

[Ysabeau] I'm sorry; neither of you need to hear about me.

  • Alma will reach out to put her arm behind Ysabeau comfortingly

[Alma] You aren't making the situation worse.

[Alma] Don't think that, it's riduculous.

[Sanadhil] indeed.

[Ysabeau] You misunderstand me.

[Sanadhil] its beyond your control.

[Ysabeau] I'm just making it worse for me, I said. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.

[Sanadhil] I understand.

[Ysabeau] And then, being pregnant, I'm irrationally emotional about everything too.

[Sanadhil] It is hard, not to be in control

  • Ysabeau laughs, somewhat forced.

[Alma] We'll learn more once we finish our questions.

  • Ysabeau nods and pulls her courage around her like a cloak once more.
  • Alma will maybe stay with Ysabeau after our meeting is over.
  • Ysabeau seems grateful for the company.
  • Sanadhil will leave them to it D:


Sanadhil and Earric

  • Sanadhil will stop by their house
  • Earric is in the music room, plinking idly at the harpsichord.

[Sanadhil] how is it that your lovely wife is never home when I stop by?

[Earric] She's been busy of late... you keep telling her more things she simply must research ;)

[Sanadhil] I know the feeling.

[Earric] (are you still using the cane?)

[Sanadhil] (yes because it is more fun that way.... san does use it on and off anyway, but he probably does have a slight limp or similar)

[Earric] (ok)

  • Earric eyes your limp.

[Earric] I hope you're not unwell.

[Sanadhil] I'm fine.

[Earric] Mmhmm.

  • Earric doesn't seem convinced.

[Sanadhil] I talked to someone about what you told me, about the void being gone...

  • Sanadhil frowns slightly

[Sanadhil] She Communed about it, and doesn't see to think it is true

  • Earric shrugs.

[Earric] Well, why would *they* tell the truth?

[Sanadhil] mmm, a dilemna.

[Sanadhil] but where did you learn it?

  • Earric smiles.

[Earric] Just ... around.

[Sanadhil] well, I suppose I can't hold yout to the standards of academic sourcing, can I -_-

[Earric] You can hold me to whatever standards you like ;)

[Earric] I just can't promise that I'll meet them.

[Sanadhil] Right.

[Sanadhil] around where, then?

[Earric] Demons.

[Sanadhil] here? Hell?

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

[Sanadhil] I suppose they would know...

[Sanadhil] though they don't have any more incentive to be honest about it, do they?

[Earric] Perhaps not to you. To me...

  • Earric shrugs.

[Sanadhil] is that incentive, or just disincentive to lie?

[Sanadhil] I mean... that bthey would have some reason to be honest, rather than just not bothering to lie

[Earric] They could just as easily be lying to me.

  • Earric agrees.

[Earric] But I believe it.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] It makes sense to me that something is amiss

[Earric] I think this would explain why the Seven are willing - even eager, perhaps - to see the Serpent restored, in some fashion.

[Sanadhil] You think they are?

[Earric] Mm... questionable, but there are indications in the affirmative. I couldn't say they're overjoyed about it.

[Earric] They say that they aided with the restoration of the Arch, fifty years ago.

[Sanadhil] yes, that's true

[Sanadhil] They did

[Sanadhil] they may have hoped the serpent would never regain its former place

[Sanadhil] they may still

[Sanadhil] but may allow some place for it, I suppose

[Earric] So, what did that give them. Another god, one more go round on the cycle, wring a few more decades out?

[Sanadhil] if it regained its *former* place there would be nothig for them

[Sanadhil] hmm

[Earric] Or another source of souls.

[Sanadhil] maybe they think they can control it some other way

[Earric] It's possible.

  • Earric agrees idly, standing up.
  • Sanadhil watches him from where he is standing in the doorway

[Earric] Is it your hip that's paining you?

[Sanadhil] its fine

  • Sanadhil says a touch warily
  • Earric smiles and walks to the window-seat.

[Earric] You should at least sit down.

  • Earric does, inviting you to join him.

[Sanadhil] ...I don't know that I have much more cause to stay

[Earric] A pity.

[Sanadhil] ...That was more rude than i intended.

  • Earric smiles.

[Earric] I enjoy your so-called rudeness, except when it takes you away.

[Sanadhil] Mmmm.

[Sanadhil] There are a great many demands on my time, of late

[Earric] I'm sure there must be.

[Earric] But if you don't occasionally stop to rest, you'll do yourself harm.

[Sanadhil] I rest...

[Earric] Mmmhmm.

[Sanadhil] . o O (Dozilva see to that :3)

[Sanadhil] But thank you for your concern.

[Earric] Well, someone needs to look out for you.

  • Earric says lightly.
  • Sanadhil wonders if Earric is reading his thoughts again. -_-
  • Sanadhil nods and turns to go down the hallway
  • Sanadhil doesn't make it quiiite back down the stairs, however, before the muscle in his hips decide to rebel from being pushed quite so hard
  • Sanadhil half falls, but manages to at last make it seem like he just sat down really suddenly/hard, feeling rather lightheaded
  • Earric hears you not-quite-fall and is instantly - I mean instantly - at your side.
  • Earric resists saying 'I told you do', but instead just gathers you up.
  • Sanadhil looks over at him with a slightly dazed look, catching his breath

[Sanadhil] stop

  • Earric ignoring your protests, takes you and sets you down on a couch in the nearest salon.
  • Sanadhil is really tense but doens't resist, because a: ow and b: pointless
  • Earric then crouches on the floor beside you.

[Earric] Where is it? The pain.

[Sanadhil] its fine.

[Earric] No, it isn't.

  • Earric says, in a 'don't be silly' tone.
  • Sanadhil half- laughs, a little light headed still

[Sanadhil] it is

[Earric] Oh, all right. You did that on purpose.

[Sanadhil] No.

  • Earric 's hand runs down your sore leg, feeling for any breaks/sprains.

[Sanadhil] Stop.

[Sanadhil] really.

  • Earric removes his hand, but still eyes you skeptically.
  • Sanadhil winces again as he twists away from him

[Earric] Not a sprain, then... you're wounded. Why haven't you just gotten it healed?

  • Sanadhil goes to touch it and stops himsekf, balling his hand into a fist

[Earric] Stubbornness?

[Earric] Can't tell anyone what happened? Is it embarrassing?

[Sanadhil] No. Its just... private.

[Sanadhil] It needs to heal on its own

[Earric] You say that, but some wounds never do...

[Sanadhil] It will.

[Earric] There'll be scars on your beautiful skin, though.

[Sanadhil] yes...

  • Sanadhil frowns in pained annoyance

[Sanadhil] you'll probably see soon enough anyway

[Earric] Oh, no doubt. Phedre will be home one of these days when you visit.

[Sanadhil] Its meant to be a scar.

  • Earric looks intrigued.

[Earric] Are you just going to tease me, then, or show it?

  • Sanadhil looks a little conflicted and doesn't elaborate.

[Sanadhil] if I show you you'll still say I'm teasing you

  • Earric smiles slightly.

[Earric] Wouldn't you be?

[Sanadhil] I don't know what I can do that doesn't count.

  • Sanadhil touches it through his robe cautiously, concerned that the scabs may have torn open
  • Earric 's eyes go to the spot you're touching.
  • Sanadhil stops and sits up, wincing
  • Earric 's tongue is at his lips, perhaps without thinking.

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil is very sudenly remember the feeling of ground glass against his skin...
  • Sanadhil looks at him, trying to mask his uneasyness

[Sanadhil] I should be going.

[Earric] ...If you're well enough.

[Sanadhil] I...

[Sanadhil] I had a...dream. About you. Once.

  • Earric sits back on his heels, listening.

[Sanadhil] It seemed so real.

[Sanadhil] Its hard to put out of my mind, sometimes.

[Earric] What was it?

  • Sanadhil shakes his head, not having the words for it, though his mind is ripe with the memory

[Sanadhil] You... wanted me to call you Master.

[Earric] I imagine you didn't like that.

  • Sanadhil makes himself watch Earric's face despite his unease, and knowing that earric is better at hiding his moods than he is at readng them.

[Sanadhil] It felt so real.

[Sanadhil] When nothing else did

  • Earric nods.

[Sanadhil] But...

[Sanadhil] was it?

[Earric] Was it real?

  • Earric asks, uncertain.
  • Sanadhil nods, realizing he is holding his breath

[Earric] .. I've never asked you to call me Master, Sanadhil. I couldn't. I'm a slave these days, not a master to anyone.

[Sanadhil] No.

[Sanadhil] That's a lie

[Sanadhil] You told me that you were my master, the first night.

[Sanadhil] And Isaid no then, too.

[Earric] I tell everyone that. It doesn't mean anything.

  • Sanadhil seems uncertain, before sort of closing in on himself again

[Earric] Phedre wants me to, so how masterful is that...

[Earric] ...Do you want me to call you 'master'?

  • Earric asks, still kneeling at your feet.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] I had a dream about that once, too.

[Sanadhil] But it was just a dream.

[Earric] You seem to have a lot of dreams about me.

  • Earric says, just a little slyly.
  • Sanadhil half-laughs nervously

[Sanadhil] I don't have a lot of good dreams.

  • Sanadhil isn't being honestly cruel, though

[Earric] That's too bad.

  • Earric seems sincere in that.
  • Sanadhil just nods

[Sanadhil] I should go.

[Earric] You keep saying that.

[Earric] I suppose eventually you might actually do it.

[Sanadhil] I will.

[Earric] Mmhmm.

  • Earric edges close enough to kiss your hip, through the silk of your robe, just where the scar is forming.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Earric] ...

[Earric] [q] More?

  • Earric is half-asking, half-pleading.
  • Sanadhil 's breath is caught his his throat a little, but he shakes his head pushing Earric back slightly
  • Earric sinks back, hanging his head.
  • Sanadhil stands, laying a hand on earric's shoulder for a moment... maybe just to strady mimself... before hobbling off
  • Earric lets you go.
  • Sanadhil leaves, more confused and conflicted than ever @_@

Sanadhil and the Cult

  • Bessa knocks at your office door late one afternoon.

[Sanadhil] Come in.

  • Bessa enters, giving you a smile.

[Bessa] Good day, M. Orecalo. Or is it Professor Orecalo now?

  • Sanadhil says, expecting a student, perhaps, and looks up from his lecture notes with surprise and a returning smile

[Sanadhil] Professor, I suppose - and how are you, Mlle DuChamp?

[Bessa] I'm very well, thank you!

[Bessa] I hope I'm not interrupting?

[Sanadhil] excellent - and of course not. Nothing urgent, in any case.

  • Bessa closes the door behind her and comes to sit down, then.
  • Sanadhil gestures for her to sit, yes

[Sanadhil] so, to what do I owe this unexcpected pleasure?

[Bessa] Oh, my own insatiable curiosity :)

[Bessa] I wanted to talk about the... what are you calling it? The star-flake.

  • Sanadhil grins

[Sanadhil] ahh, yes

[Sanadhil] Its fascinating, isn't it?

[Bessa] Very, and very mysterious.

[Sanadhil] I'd love to know how they managed to do it, certanly... to trap all that power

  • Bessa nods.

[Bessa] It must have been remarkable.

[Sanadhil] and to *tap* all that power... that would itself be a feat.

[Bessa] Yes...

[Bessa] One could do incredible things with it, I'm sure.

[Sanadhil] no doubt

[Sanadhil] but what did you have in mind?

[Bessa] Do you think it's the power of all the stars of the Shadow Plane? Even if it's only some small fraction, it would be... incredible.

[Sanadhil] I think it is something like that

[Sanadhil] If not the stars themselves, maybe some sort of key...

  • Bessa nods.
  • Sanadhil sighs

[Bessa] I was thinking on the .. Arch-equivalent there as well. When was it damaged?

[Sanadhil] So much to research, and so little time...

[Sanadhil] Its hard to say exactly

[Bessa] But prior to the one here being broken?

[Sanadhil] definitely, yes.

[Bessa] That might explain some things, then...

[Sanadhil] OH?

[Sanadhil] (err, cl)

[Bessa] Well. I assume we can speak freely here?

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Bessa lowers her voice anyway.

[Sanadhil] :We can speak frely here, certainly...:

  • Sanadhil says in her head @_@

[Bessa] :Oh, right.:

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Bessa] :If a part of the Serpent was trapped there, it might have weakened it sufficiently to enable the new gods to overwhelm it. And it might also explain why it remains ... unstable. Incomplete, somehow.:

[Sanadhil] :That's possible - I had been thinking of it a little differently... That the loss of stars and related damaging of the well cut off contact from the Center. It woudl have affected the Serpent's power, surely, hmm.

[Bessa] :I don't know how to confirm either theory, if it's even possible to do so.:

  • Sanadhil thinks of Earrci describing what it was like to feel his counterpart regain his freedom in the dream

[Bessa] :Short, of course, of attempting to unleash the power that's held there, and seeing what it does.:

[Sanadhil] :Even then it might be difficult for us to judge the effects...:

[Bessa] :Perhaps so, yes.:

[Bessa] :Well, all the effects. Some would presumably be visible.:

  • Sanadhil nods

[Bessa] :I wonder if one would have to do this on the Shadow Plane, or if it could be done from here...:

  • Sanadhil is thinking of Bessa's complete willingess to destroy the arch here despite the cost of lives, and doens't think his arguments about how it woudl affect the plane's residents woudl hold much water

[Sanadhil] :I think it woudl have a very different effect...

  • Sanadhil looks thought ful for a momwent

[Sanadhil] (while heather looks up the LL)

[Bessa] :Oh?:

[Sanadhil] :'it grants the power of the Stars.."

[Sanadhil] :I Suppose the lore says nothign about bwhat hapens if it is destroyed under a stared sky

[Bessa] :Hmm, that is rather vague...:

[Sanadhil] :yes, quite:

  • Bessa looks pensive.

[Bessa] :Have you made any plans on what will be done with the star?:

[Sanadhil] :Only to study it further. Did you have some idea?

[Bessa] :Well... I would think that unleashing the power it contains would be potentially risky... but potentially very valuable for our cause as well.:

[Sanadhil] :Potentially fatally risky, though you're right, there is a chance of great reward.

  • Bessa nods.

[Bessa] :It's a risk I, at any rate, would be prepared to face.:

[Sanadhil] :Its a moot point until we know how such a thing could even be done.

[Bessa] :It seems quite fragile. It could be shattered...:

[Sanadhil] :It could be that simple, yes, though it is very powerful. I wonder if Phedre has some way of communig with the Serpent, that coudl tell us whether this is a useful path to pursue

  • Bessa nods.

[Bessa] :That seems like a worthwhile thing to ask about, yes.:

[Sanadhil] (SM)

[Bessa] (you can roll)

[Sanadhil] (32)

  • Bessa seems very interested in this, and looks like she might go to talk to Phedre right away.

[Sanadhil] :I would love to hear what she says, if you are going to go to her:

[Bessa] :Certainly, of course. You could even accompany me, if you have the time to spare.:

[Sanadhil] :For something of this significance, I think I can make time.

[Bessa] Very well then :)

  • Bessa says, resuming normal conversation.

[Sanadhil] excellent - just give me a moment to make sure everything is in order here...

  • Sanadhil makes some quick notes so he doens't forget what he was doing/can wing things if he doesn't get a chance to finish writing

stuff up :3

  • Bessa will accompany you to Phedre's house, then.
  • Phedre and Earric are just sitting down to dinner, but of course will invite you two to join them :D
  • Sanadhil thaks them, of course
  • Phedre 's servants set extra places for you, then make themselves scarce once the food is served.

[Phedre] So, what brings you here this evening? We are always glad to see you, of course :)

  • Sanadhil smiles

[Sanadhil] Som questions of research

[Phedre] Oh?

[Sanadhil] About the star flake found on the last expeditin to the shadow plane.... and what it meant to the Serpent to have the well there damaged, and the plane cut from the centre

  • Phedre listens.

[Bessa] We were wondering if it was possible to make inquiry with the Serpent about whether this is true, and if so what we should do about it.

  • Sanadhil nods, but steals a glance at Earric

[Phedre] It's possible, of course. The ritual is quite ... draining, but for a matter of this import, I think it would be worthwhile.

[Sanadhil] Draining?

[Earric] For me.

  • Earric says grimly.

[Phedre] And for me as well, in terms of the energy expended...

  • Phedre adds.

[Sanadhil] ..there's not any other way?

[Sanadhil] It would be unfortunate for both of you to have your resources so tapped.

[Phedre] Well, it's a question of generating sufficient energy. It might be possible for it to be done some other way, with assistance.

  • Phedre eyes both of you.

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Bessa] Of course I'll help however I can.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Phedre] Well, finish your meals, and we can discuss it further afterwards.

[Sanadhil] (to E) :What does she mean?

[Phedre] I need to give it some thought...

[Earric] :She's going to bleed me, that's what she means.:

[Earric] :Oh, or did you mean about the 'other way'?:

[Sanadhil] :Yes.

[Earric] :Drugs, possibly. Sex, almost certainly.:

[Earric] :She might call others to assist, I don't know.:

[Sanadhil] :That would be preferable, certianly:

[Earric] :Preferable than you doing it?:

[Sanadhil] :To the other.:

[Earric] :oh, I see....:

  • Sanadhil neutrally chews his dinner @_@

[Sanadhil] :Wouldn't it?:

[Earric] :For me, yes. I didn't know if it would matter to you.:

[Sanadhil] :I would rather not see blood shed unnecessarily:

[Earric] :mmhmm:

[Sanadhil] . o O (or at all... almost. And not your, if there is another way...)

  • Phedre concludes her meal, laying down her knife.

[Phedre] Well. I could try to gather others, but it might take time, and I am uncertain if several would be able to join us in any case, at such short notice.

[Sanadhil] Are they necesary?

[Phedre] Perhaps not... if we have a virgin available. Acts never performed before can lend greater power to the casting.

[Bessa] Not me, sorry.

  • Phedre eyes Sanadhil.
  • Sanadhil eyes her back questioningly, as she knows he's hardly virginal...

[Sanadhil] How do you mean, exactly.

  • Sanadhil glances at Earric

[Phedre] Perhaps if you and Earric would... perform, it would be sufficient.

  • Earric looks serious, even a bit nervous.

[Sanadhil] :Like this....

[Earric] :I won't if you don't want.... I'll tell her to get the razor instead.:

[Sanadhil] Ah.

[Sanadhil] :No.

[Sanadhil] I...suppose...we can try that.

  • Phedre waits for your answer.
  • Sanadhil says, watching him

[Phedre] Very well, then.

  • Earric shuts his eyes momentarily, but remains composed.
  • Phedre will escort all of you upstairs for the ritual @_@

[Sanadhil] (what, not even at thre temple? ^-^)

[Bessa] (would you prefer that? :)

[Bessa] (I'm sure she would be flexible on location ;)

[Sanadhil] (well it aeems liek it would be more potent, maybe?)

[Bessa] (oh, you are all the potency she needs, but a little more couldn't hurt ;)

[Sanadhil] (hah)

[Sanadhil] What all is necessary for this, exactly?

[Sanadhil] I know yo need to create a certain energy...

  • Sanadhil asks her

[Phedre] Willing sacrifice is key.

[Sanadhil] *nod*

[Phedre] Whether that is blood, or something more... nebulous.

[Sanadhil] So it is more than just the act.

[Bessa] Yes. The will behind it is as important.

  • Bessa turns to Phedre.

[Sanadhil] alright

[Bessa] If there is some sacrifice I can make... something I can offer... I would be glad to do so.

[Phedre] Hmm, well... is there something you have never done before? That, perhaps, I could assist with?

[Bessa] I have some thoughts @_@

  • Sanadhil feels a bit relievedthat the women may be distracted...

[Sanadhil] How is the energy harnessed?

[Phedre] I can ... gather it into myself.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil keeps stealing looks at Earric
  • Earric seems unusually quiet, but steals looks back.

[Sanadhil] Then we just....

[Sanadhil] get on with it?

[Phedre] Well... it would be better to begin slowly, I think. Build up to the ultimate.

[Sanadhil] well, yes.

[Sanadhil] but I meant that there aren't any necessary preliminaries to formalize thing

[Sanadhil] (s)

[Phedre] I will perform the necessary chants to begin the ritual.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] then... whenever you're ready.

  • Phedre nods.

[Phedre] Better if we disrobe first - I can't chant while I'm taking off clothes ;)

  • Sanadhil walks over towards Earric.
  • Earric watches you approach.
  • Sanadhil doesn't really know what to say to him, and looks back over at the girls to see if they are just stripping down or what
  • Bessa and Phedre are getting undressed, quietly talking amongst themselves.

[Earric] [q] Are you scared?

[Sanadhil] [q] I don't know.

[Earric] [q] Neither do I.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Earric begins taking off his clothes as you talk.

[Sanadhil] [q] I expect it isn't...

[Sanadhil] [q] what you envisioned.

[Earric] [q] No. Is it what you envisioned?

  • Sanadhil rises his hands, but isn't sure if he should take his own clothes off, or help earric
  • Sanadhil shakes his head.
  • Earric nods.

[Earric] [q] Here.

  • Earric takes your hands to his chest, and lets you start undoing his buttons.
  • Sanadhil does so sloely, not to be a tease, but to accustom himself to the idea
  • Earric watches you as you do so.

[Sanadhil] :I don't see why this couldn't be part of it, really.

[Earric] :She doesn't know that this means something too.

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Sanadhil looks around the temple, then back at Earric with his shirt undone
  • Earric slides it off, and starts to work on yours.
  • Sanadhil lays a hand on his chest while he does, to see what he feels.
  • Earric 's heart is rushing.
  • Earric 's eyes are on your face the entire time.
  • Sanadhil realizes his is also, and sees if he can't calm them both, breathing carefully
  • Phedre and Bessa are fully undressed by this point, and Phedre is arranging Bessa on the altar.

[Sanadhil] Whenever you're ready, priestess....

[Phedre] Very well.

  • Sanadhil says quietly, knowing how the chamber will carry his voice
  • Phedre begins to chant, a haunting sound that echoes off the stone walls.
  • Sanadhil squirms out of his shirt, tryong to do so in a way that means he doens't have to stop touching the succubus.
  • Earric helps you along with that.
  • Earric walks you slowly backwards as you do so.

[Sanadhil] (does he still look like his normal humany self?)

  • Earric stops when your back is against the altar stone.
  • Earric does, for now...

[Sanadhil] :That's not really you.

[Earric] :Do you want the real me?

  • Sanadhil 's hand is lower, sort of hesitating above his waistband
  • Sanadhil nods
  • Earric lowers his head, as if looking down at your hand, and when he looks up again, you can see the red in his eyes.
  • Sanadhil takes another calming breath

[Sanadhil] :Its so easy to connect with you

  • Earric nods.

[Earric] :Can you feel me inside you already?

[Sanadhil] :Your wanting is so strong. I can.

[Earric] :So is yours. I'm... surprised.

[Sanadhil] :It all becomes the same.

[Earric] :Mmhmm. Flesh is flesh.

[Sanadhil] :No. Its more than flesh.

  • Earric pulls your hand to his waistband, if it's still hesitating.
  • Sanadhil will move on, then, as long as Earric is still touching him somewhere....

[Sanadhil] [. . . . fade to black . . . .]

  • Sanadhil lies on the altar under Earric when its over
  • Bessa is now known as Narrator

[Narrator] You feel a strange sensation swelling in your throat, as if words are trying to come out, words you never thought of, that come from somewhere outside you.

[Narrator] "Four cupbearers hold the key to the serpent's prison, and the shattered star opens the door."

  • Sanadhil has no power left to resist them and lets them flow through him
  • Phedre looks surprised, or would if you could see her face.
  • Sanadhil just lies there, but looks up at Earric
  • Earric smiles down at you and strokes your hair gently.

[Earric] :You did so well.