Diablotin 2 session 40

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 2 session logs
Previous Session 40 Next

Summary

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

Prologue

[DiablotinNarrator] You have made your way back through the abandoned city on the Shadow Plane, haunted by its echoes and your recent experience. At last, you have come to the thin place between the planes and make your way through to the half-light of the Ethereal.

[DiablotinNarrator] When you emerge into the alleyway, after having given the correct password assigned to you by the Warlord, you are momentarily stunned by the brightness and colour, after so long in the dark.

  • Sanadhil blinks as his eyes adjust

[DiablotinNarrator] It is a brisk Eleventh-month morning. The sun is shining, though it gives but little warmth, and the smells of the city are all about you, comforting you like a familiar, mildew-ridden blanket... that a horse shat on once and you've never really been able to get it clean again...

  • Ysabeau winces and squints her eyes.

[DiablotinNarrator] Noise from the street nearby hits you suddenly, like the crash of waves upon the shore - the cries of children playing kickball, the creak of cart wheels and the clatter of hooves, hammers on metal, shouts of vendors plying their trades to passers-by, dogs barking... life.

[Sanadhil] :|

[DiablotinNarrator] This city is, for all its faults, a place of *life*.

The entire party

  • Ilphere blinks and looks around...
  • Guillame smiles a little, at last
  • Ysabeau does a stunningly graceful pirouette in the sun and laughs.
  • Alma shields her eyes with her hand and winces.

[Guillame] . o O (I hope Ailden's ok...)

[Guillame] . o O (...)

[Sanadhil] hmm...

[Guillame] . o O (Aden! I mean Aden!)

[Sanadhil] Perhaps we ought to reconvene at the society in a day or so?

[Ysabeau] It's so good to feel the sun again!

[Guillame] Yeah...

[Sanadhil] After we've all had to some to readjust and take care of personal affairs

[Ysabeau] Oh... I suppose...

[Seth] yes.

[Ilphere] A wonderful idea..!

[Sanadhil] (had some time to o_O)

  • Ysabeau pulls her caperings short as Serious Stuff is discussed.
  • Sanadhil gazes skyward, trying to judge the time
  • Sanadhil blinks again at the harsh glare of the sunlit sky

[Sanadhil] Perhaps tomorrow afternoon?

  • Ilphere nods eagerly.

[Sanadhil] or would anyone prefer a longer wait?

[Guillame] I think tomorrow's fine...

[Alma] As soon as possible would be sensible, considering the nature of memory...

  • Ysabeau sighs.

[Guillame] How long were we gone? Only a day or two, if I figure it right?

  • Sanadhil will ask one of the gate guard what day it is

[DiablotinNarrator] (It's been two days since you left.)

[Sanadhil] two.

[Ysabeau] I hope Muri's okay...

[Ilphere] Only two...! We made excellent time!

[Sanadhil] I'm sure this world has gotten along quite fine without us.

  • Sanadhil nods to Ilphere

[Guillame] I was expected to be gone longer, so I will probably be able to make that schedule

[Ysabeau] She's only 14.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( practically )

[Sanadhil] even so, it was only two days.

[Ilphere] So, tomorrow then...!

[Sanadhil] . o O (practically an adult)

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] You're free to go and find out for yourself, :)

  • Sanadhil smiles to Ysabeau

[Ilphere] I should go and let Menard know that I have returned...! :)

[Sanadhil] I plan to go home and make some notes while things are still fresh...

[Alma] Well, have a good day everyone.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Until tomorrow.

[Ysabeau] Good day, everyone.

[Sanadhil] . o O (How civilized we all are :p)

  • Alma nods supportingly at everyone before she leaves.
  • Sanadhil will head off home, though, unless anyone stops me.
  • Ysabeau tugs on Dominik.
  • Alma looks behind, despite herself, to make sure Danyel is coming with...
  • Seth will take Ilphere aside to speak to her before they depart.
  • Danyel will of course accompany you, barring other instructions.
  • Guillame will head to Aden's house to check in, then home
  • Ysabeau discusses something with Dominik as they walk off (so he can tell me he has to go somewhere or whatever but will rejoin me later, whatever. :) )


Seth and Ilphere

  • Ilphere will let you take her aside.

[Ilphere] What is it, Seth...?

  • Seth walks quietly beside Ilphere for a moment, composing his thoughts.

[Seth] many things have transpired.

  • Ilphere looks at you curiously.

[Seth] Menard ... he is very busy right now, doubtless.

[Seth] these things that have happened to us ...

[Ilphere] Oh yes, with the wedding and all...!

  • Seth nods.

[Ilphere] But I was supposed to go and meet him when I got back...!

  • Ilphere chirps happily.

[Seth] you should do so.

[Seth] what will you tell him?

[Ilphere] You are worried I will upset him, as usual...!

  • Ilphere puffs a stray curl away from her nose.

[Seth] i am worried he will not understand.

[Ilphere] It may surprise you to hear that I am not entirely dim...!

[Ilphere] :p

[Ilphere] Why are you talking like that...?

[Ilphere] It's ... bizarre.

[Seth] like ... Oh.

[Seth] These things that have happened to us ... they have affected us so much.

[Ilphere] I am fine... I am not so sure about you, though...

[Seth] I went *into the Arch*. I spoke to ... it.

[Ilphere] I know.

[Ilphere] It was fascinating... Is that what you wanted to talk to me about...?

[Seth] And you died.

[Ilphere] Pheria died.

  • Ilphere corrects.

[Seth] I'm not sure the difference is as great as you think. I feel him, in me, even now.

[Ilphere] I will grant that that was no ordinary dream... developed over thousands of years, linked to our own world by the dream arch... There may be some lingering effects...!

[Ilphere] But I am only Ilphere.

  • Seth doesn't answer that.

[Seth] It is evident that Menard will, over the next while, speak to both of us, probably individually, about our journey.

[Seth] I wanted to make sure that whatever each of us tells him ... is consistent with the other.

[Ilphere] I intend to stress the *dream* aspect of the experience, whatever else I divulge...!

[Seth] Yes, I agree.

[Ilphere] I am happy to leave out my knowledge of everyone else's experiences... Then, you may tell him whatever you wish. Or nothing at all...

[Seth] That seems very reasonable. I do not think I am likely to speak to him at length about my experiences.

  • Ilphere nods...

[Ilphere] (SM)

[Ilphere] (only a 15 though)

[Seth] (I got a natural 20 plus my 0 Bluff)

[Ilphere] (you win :V)

[Seth] Well. I must confess that I do not share your conviction that this was a dream, or at least, if it was a dream, it was also a very real reality. But for Menard's sake ... yes, a dream.

[Ilphere] I do agree... I think it has become a reality in its own right.

[Ilphere] But I do not believe that I am Pheria. She was independent of my will, until the very end, and even then...

[Seth] Hmm.

[Seth] Do you feel that ... that humming?

[Ilphere] What, here...?

[Seth] Yes.

[Ilphere] (I assume I don't :V)

  • Ilphere pauses to listen...

[Seth] (presumably not!)

[Ilphere] No...?

  • Ilphere looks at you curiously.

[Seth] ... ah.

[Ilphere] Are you quite alright...?

[Seth] I don't know.

[Ilphere] Is this what you were talking about...?

[Ilphere] ...That other Seth, inside you...?

  • Ilphere presses for more information.

[Seth] yes.

  • Seth calls Nell to perch on his shoulder.

[Seth] I must go. I will speak to you shortly, no doubt, after I consult with Menard on any outstanding matters.

  • Ilphere glances over at Hali, perching nearby.

[Ilphere] Well... Until tomorrow, then...!

[Seth] . o O (Oh gods, the bird, the bird!)

  • Seth smiles grimly.

[Seth] Yes.

[Ilphere] (lol)

  • Ilphere will skip off to find Menard...! :D


Ysabeau and Murienne

[DiablotinNarrator] Okay, you mostly disperse. Let's start with Ysabeau...

[DiablotinNarrator] Dom will indeed tell you he'll meet you at your house later.

  • Ysabeau would wonder why, but not question him, really. He must have a good reason. :)

[DiablotinNarrator] You make your way home, then...

  • Ysabeau says her farewells to him.
  • Ysabeau is glad to see her little house, although seeing it also reminds her she hasn't found a new place to live yet.

[Ysabeau] Murienne?

  • Ysabeau calls as she opens the door.
  • Murienne appears from upstairs.

[Ysabeau] I'm home.

[Murienne] Oh, Ysa! You're home!

  • Murienne seems surprised, but goes to give you a hug nevertheless.
  • Ysabeau smiles widely and runs up to her, enveloping her in a huge hug.

[Ysabeau] I missed you SO much.

[Ysabeau] Was everything all right while I was gone? You're well?

[Murienne] Oh yes, everything was fine. Did you have a good trip?

[Ysabeau] It was... a very weird in a horrible sort of way trip, actually.

[Murienne] Oh... I'm sorry to hear that! Is everyone all right?

[Ysabeau] And I'm starving! We've been asleep for the past two days.

[Ysabeau] Everyone is physically all right. I couldn't speak for their hearts or minds though.

[Murienne] Well, there is still some porridge in the kitchen if you want that.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] I'll tell you about it over breakfast.

[Murienne] All right...

  • Murienne will accompany you into the kitchen.
  • Ysabeau does give her a narrative of the world, but doesn't go into the personal details of anyone's alternate persona but her own.

[Murienne] That sounds like a nightmare :o

[Ysabeau] It was. You were gone.

[Murienne] Oh... well, I meant the rest of it.

  • Ysabeau is crying again, remembering.

[Murienne] Please don't cry, Ysa... you're home now.

[Ysabeau] I know. I'm glad.

  • Ysabeau wraps Murienne in a hug again.
  • Murienne hugs you back tightly.

[Ysabeau] My - Ysstvelt's life was so bleak.

  • Murienne nods.

[Murienne] Ysa, I know it's been hard... I'm very sorry you had to go through that.

[Murienne] Rye missed you too.

[Ysabeau] Awwww...

  • Ysabeau reaches down to scratch between his ears.

[Ysabeau] It's strange - in some ways I admire her... she was a slave, and she acted like one, but... at the same time, she felt like she was no better nor worse than the mightiest lord.

[Murienne] Is that really a good thing?

[Ysabeau] I'm not sure. But I'm not convinced that it's a bad thing, either.

  • Murienne nods slowly.

[Ysabeau] Imagine if it had been Ysstvelt here when... when. She wouldn't have been the victim, like I was. She would have sent those men packing.

[Murienne] Maybe... you can't know that for certain.

[Murienne] I, uh... I have something I wanted to show you.

[Ysabeau] Really?

  • Ysabeau brightens up.

[Ysabeau] I'd love to see it.

[Murienne] Just wait here... it's a surprise.

  • Ysabeau 's curiosity is piqued.
  • Murienne goes swiftly back upstairs. You hear some moving around up there, quite noisy actually.

[Ysabeau] You're sure you don't need some help?

  • Ysabeau calls.

[Murienne] Nooo, that's fine! Just stay down there!

  • Murienne calls back.

[Ysabeau] It sounds... heavy.

[Murienne] No, no, it's fine! Just a second!

[DiablotinNarrator] (make a listen check)

[Ysabeau] (22)

[DiablotinNarrator] You are sure you hear a window open and, a little while later, close as part of all this moving about... and you believe you heard a few whispers - another person, even? :o

[Ysabeau] (male or female? :o )

[DiablotinNarrator] (can't tell, just a whisper)

  • Ysabeau goes to the front door and looks around for someone climbing down her walls.

[DiablotinNarrator] You don't see anyone there...

[DiablotinNarrator] Maybe the person went up instead of down....

  • Ysabeau goes out in the street and gazes up at the roof.

[DiablotinNarrator] Your house is practically right against the others on either side, it would be relatively easy for someone to walk across them...

[Ysabeau] (Who lives next door? A boy or a girl she likes?)

  • Ysabeau looks over at the neighbouring houses.

[DiablotinNarrator] An old woman on one side, a family with young kids on the other.

[DiablotinNarrator] (spot check?)

[Ysabeau] (a puny 11)

[DiablotinNarrator] Whoever it may have been, they have eluded your sight.

  • Ysabeau goes back inside...
  • Murienne is just coming back downstairs with a white robe.

[Ysabeau] (does it look priestly...?)

[Murienne] Look, Sister Cadice gave it to me, it's her old apprentice robe. She said I could have it!

  • Ysabeau closes the door behind her.

[Ysabeau] Oh, lovely!

[Ysabeau] So, you're officially an apprentice now?

[Murienne] Wasn't that nice of her? It will save us the cost of buying one, as long as I hem it so it's not dragging on the ground.

[Murienne] Not quite yet.. but soon, I hope.

  • Murienne seems cheerful.
  • Ysabeau admires the robe, but makes a mental note to also buy one for Muri if/when she does become an apprentice. We're not paupers!

[Ysabeau] So, did you have any guests while I was away?

[Murienne] No...

  • Ysabeau folds the robe back up as she asks, after making a fuss over Murienne's impending apprenticeship.

[Ysabeau] (SM)

[DiablotinNarrator] (roll)

[Ysabeau] (19)

  • Murienne is lying, you're pretty sure. She doesn't usually do that, so she's not very good at it ;)

[Ysabeau] ...

  • Ysabeau rests her hand gently on Murienne's shoulder, looking concerned.

[Ysabeau] Muri, I don't think you're quite telling me the truth.

  • Ysabeau says kindly.

[Ysabeau] I don't mind, honestly.

[Ysabeau] I've been worried about you not having many friends, and you ARE 14.

[Murienne] I didn't... he wasn't here very long... he didn't stay overnight or anything!

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] What's his name? If you don't mind my asking.

  • Ysabeau sets the neatly folded robe on the back of the sofa.

[Murienne] Amiel... He's an apprentice cleric too... I mean, not 'too', I'm not one yet, but you know what I mean.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] Would he be terribly embarrassed if you invited him over to meet your big sister some time? Would YOU be terribly embarrassed?

[Murienne] No... I just didn't want you to find him, because I hadn't talked to you about it first... I'm sorry.

[Ysabeau] Oh, Muri... it's all right.

[Ysabeau] I'm more concerned that you thought you might have to hide him from me.

  • Murienne shrugs.

[Ysabeau] So... is he a friend, or more than a friend?

[Murienne] I don't really know yet.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Ysabeau] That's fair.

[Murienne] Maybe when you meet him, you can tell me ;)

  • Ysabeau laughs.

[Ysabeau] I think for that sort of thing, it's a decision you need to make for yourself. But I definitely will scrutinize him to make sure he meets my exacting standards of kindness and decency. ;)

  • Murienne nods and gives you another hug.

[Murienne] I'm glad you're back, Ysa.

  • Ysabeau gives her a tight, happy little hug.

[Ysabeau] I'm glad to be back with you.


Guillame and Silvia

[DiablotinNarrator] You make your way to Aden's house, but find he's not at home - probably at the palace or something.

[DiablotinNarrator] Maybe back by evening, you hope.

  • Guillame will check on him later, then

[DiablotinNarrator] (where to, home?)

[Guillame] (yes)

[Guillame] (looking for Silvia, then Mother, then checking in on Alesia)

[DiablotinNarrator] All right... you make your way home, then. Your mother is off having a luncheon with friends, but your sisters are there. Well, Silvia is there, and presumably Alesia is hiding out somewhere.

  • Silvia_ looks up from the book she was reading (with her nose practically pressed against it).

[Silvia_] Oh, you're back!

[Guillame] I am!

[Guillame] How's my littlest Sister?

[Silvia_] Studying hard...

[Silvia_] We have a test next week.

[Guillame] What's the topic?

[Silvia_] Book Three of the Almas Genara... the one with all the rules in it.

[Guillame] Ugh, sounds dull. Do you need somebody to quiz you?

  • Silvia_ pulls a face.

[Silvia_] I'll have enough of that next week, I think.

[Guillame] Fair enough :)

[Silvia_] "All things good to know are difficult to learn." At least, that's what the Almas Genara says :p

  • Silvia_ sets the book aside, though.

[Guillame] That's actually pretty good advice. It's not*entirely* true, but I'd say that most things difficult to learn are good to know.

  • Silvia_ nods.

[Silvia_] So, how was your expedition?

[Guillame] Productive, but tough, and pretty scary.

[Silvia_] Are you all right?

[Guillame] I need to think about it still, and work out some conclusions

[Guillame] I... I'm not sure, you know3

[Guillame] I will be, I think.

[Silvia_] Is there water in the Shadow Plane?

  • Silvia_ asks out of the blue.

[Guillame] (I don't remember any... was there?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (not that you've seen... but presumably its inhabitants must drink something?)

[Guillame] I didn't see any. I suppose there*might* not be, but it's more likely that there is some kind of water.

[Silvia_] Oh.

[Guillame] It pays not to be certain of anything that you haven't seen for yourself, when you're researching :)

  • Silvia_ nods.

[Silvia_] That's good, then.

[Guillame] Did anything interesting happen when I was away?

[Silvia_] Mother and the Duchess of Corcyra - aka your giiiiiiiirlfriend - had tea yesterday. I was allowed to stay for a little while, but then they kicked me out, I assume because they wanted to talk about you.

[Guillame] That's great :) Well, I suppose you were disappointed to be kicked out, but I hope they got along.

[Guillame] I'll take you to meet her, if you and she would like

[Silvia_] Oh, they know each other already... but they both seemed to be in good moods.

[Silvia_] Mother's thrilled, of course.

[Silvia_] She seems nice enough. Portia, I mean, not Mother.

[Guillame] I hope so. I'm pretty happy with it.

  • Silvia_ nods.

[Guillame] Mother's nice sometimes too

  • Silvia_ laughs.
  • Guillame makes a face at Silvia

[Silvia_] Do you really like her?

[Silvia_] I mean really really?

[Guillame] To be honest, I don't know her enough to know for sure. But I like her, and that's better than I can say for most of the girls that Mother would like me to court.

[Silvia_] I'm glad I don't have to have a stupid marriage. You and Alesia can take care of all that :p

[Silvia_] I'll be weird aunt Silvia, that'll be fun.

[Guillame] You lucked out there! ;)

[Guillame] It's fun to be weird, you're right. If you're really lucky, you won't have to pretend to be normal like everybody else does.

  • Silvia_ grins, then grows serious once more.

[Silvia_] Um... I had a dream last night that you were drowning... there was water everywhere. I don't know if it means anything, though...

  • Guillame looks at Silvia sideways

[Silvia_] I just thought I should tell you.

[Guillame] We really need to go and visit Mr Aure again, don't we?

[Silvia_]*Does* it mean something?

[Guillame] I dreamt that too. It was a pretty scary dream.

[Silvia_] Oh... I've never had the exact same dream as someone before, I don't think. That's a new one :o

[Silvia_] Maybe he could explain it.

[Guillame] It could be a coincidence, of course, but I'd like to know if it isn't, and I'm sure you would too :)

  • Silvia_ nods.

[Guillame] Besides... I need to talk to him too.

[Silvia_] Well, after my test I can go whenever.

[Guillame] Ok, I'll set something up with him.

[Silvia_] All right.

[Silvia_] If you did want to quiz me, I suppose that might be helpful... unless you're busy.

[Guillame] Well, I'm back sooner than expected, and everybody else is busy, or at least Alesia probably thinks she is, so I have plenty of time :)

[Silvia_] Okay... Start here.

  • Silvia_ hands you the book.
  • Guillame takes the book

Guillame and Aden

[DiablotinNarrator] Later that evening, you can go see Aden.

[Guillame] (Hurray!)

  • Aden_ greets you with an enthusiastic kiss.
  • Guillame reciprocates

[Guillame] I'm glad you're ok

[Aden_] It's been a miserable day, but much improved now.

[Aden_] Why would I not be ok?

[Guillame] I don't know... I just got worried while I was gone, for some reason.

[Aden_] Oh... How was the trip?

[Guillame] ...

  • Guillame tries to decide how much to tell him

[Guillame] It was... disturbing. I'm not sure what to make of it, to be honest.

[Aden_] Do you feel like talking about it, or would you rather I distract you? ;)

[Guillame] I'd love if you'd tell me about your last couple of days!

[Guillame] Then I'd love for you to distract me :)

[Aden_] Oh,*that* kind of distraction... less fun than the other kind.

[Guillame] Only at first

  • Guillame grins

[Guillame] Then we'll get to the fun distractions

[Aden_] Well, let's see... I met with some farmers from Urmia about grain prices. I reviewed tax collection rates from the Eastern counties - they're too low, by the way. I had lunch with the Chancellor, and we discussed ways to raise more money, including charging nobles in order to pass on their titles. Controversial, that one.

[Aden_] Is this boring enough for you? :D

[Guillame] It's perfect

  • Guillame rubs Aden's back

[Aden_] Mmm... all right, I can't take much more of that without snapping ;)

[Guillame] Hey, I still want to know what you think about these things

  • Guillame stops rubbing

[Guillame] That tax does sound controversial - do you think it's a good idea?

[Aden_] Grain prices - too high, the poor can't afford to buy bread. Tax collection rates - someone's probably skimming off the top. The inheritance tax - I don't know. It would be something the poor don't have to pay, at least, but I can't imagine anyone who's affected will think it's wonderful.

[Guillame] True

  • Guillame starts rubbing again

[Guillame] That's plenty enough for now - I guess you deserve a break

[Aden_] Gods, are you trying to drive me wild? Does it turn you on when I talk about compound interest? ;)

  • Guillame 's hands move on from the shoulders to the chest

[Aden_] Because I can, but I'll get very distracted sooner or later and I might do the math wrong.

[Aden_] Forget to carry the one... gods, I've missed you. It feels like you've been away for ages.

[Guillame] Haha, no, but I want to know that you're still invested in your work, and that your new... colleagues? Aren't breaking down your principles.

[Aden_] Not yet, at any rate.

[Guillame] Yeah, it does feel like it's been ages.

  • Guillame kisses Aden again.

[Aden_] Come on - let's make up for lost time, then :)

  • Guillame doesn't waste any time
  • Guillame tries not to consciously use any techniques learned from Sendhel or Yssvelt...


Alma and Cesar

[DiablotinNarrator] Alma, Ser Danyel accompanies you to your home, which seems to have survived without you for the few days you were gone.

  • Cesar is having breakfast when you arrive, looking sort of bleary-eyed.

[Cesar] Oh, you're back. Good trip?

[Alma] César! Mon cher!

  • Alma will go over to hug him where he sits!
  • Cesar looks a bit surprised, but hugs back.

[Alma] It was awful, truly awful, I'm so glad to be back and that everything is OK.

  • Alma ruffles his unkempt hair

[Cesar] Well, there's still some kippers and eggs left if you're hungry. Oh, and your.. chum... too, of course.

[Danyel] o_O

[Alma] Ser Danyel, did you want to ... check in with anyone now that we're back?

[Danyel] I should put my things away, at least. Would you wish me to report to the Reverend Father yet, or would you rather accompany me on that errand?

[Alma] I should go with you for that... I just meant if you had anyone else... family, what-have-you.

[Alma] You can eat first anyway.

  • Alma will split the leftovers into two portions.

[Danyel] Thank you.

  • Danyel accepts, eats quickly, and then will give you your privacy.

[Danyel] (unless ordered to stay or something)

[Alma] (No, but she's not pressuring him to leave, just making sure he knows he can.)

[Alma] (She might even look reluctant to suggest it :3)

  • Danyel will go, but just to his room, not too far away.

[Alma] Everything's been well here? With you? Marielle?

[Alma] And Felise?

[Cesar] Oh, fine, nothing too exciting. Felise is well.

[Cesar] You seem to have gotten quite fond of him.

[Alma] What?

[Alma] Ser Danyel?

  • Cesar nods in the direction of Danyel's departure.

[Alma] Wh- well he's a nice man.

[Cesar] Oh, very.

[Alma] He...

[Alma] (SM)

[DiablotinNarrator] (lol)

[Alma] (24)

[Alma] (Is that a wry "oh very*winkwink*" or like an "oh I'd hit that"

  • Cesar appears to be insinuating that you and Danyel are... involved? interested? knocking boots? something like that.

[Alma] It's nothing...

[Alma] It's complicated.

[Cesar] Sure ;)

[Alma] No...

[Alma] When we were in the Shadow Plane...

  • Alma tells him about going into the dream, how long it felt and how we shared memories...

[Alma] The dreams were... awful. And for the other Alma, he was a guardian...

[Alma] It's ... just sortof confusing right now.

[Cesar] That sounds ... very confusing indeed.

[Alma] He's being very supportive though...

[Cesar] Well, the man's not a complete idiot, is he.

[Alma] No?

[Alma] What do you mean?

[Cesar] Well, I mean, he's no Castalia scholar, but he's bound to be ... 'supportive' ... of an unmarried young countess who's grown attached to him, for whatever reason.

[Alma] ... that's not it at all!

[Alma] How cynical.

[Cesar] Just the way of the world, sister dear.

[Alma] It's his post...

  • Cesar nods knowingly.

[Alma] Maybe it would be best if I get settled on my own...

[Cesar] Oh, I'm sorry, don't go.

[Cesar] Tell me more about the dream. Was I there?

[Alma] No, I meant... I should ask him to leave for a bit.

[Alma] Just until I get things sorted.

[Cesar] Oh.

[Alma] You know, burn away the fog of the dream

[Cesar] Well, if you insist. I don't object to him being here, for the record - and maybe Spokesmen are too noble to think of things like seducing innocent wealthy women.

[Alma] Well aren't you inconsistent?

  • Alma pokes at you and your mischief

[Cesar] I'm changeable, like the wind.

[Cesar] Besides, I know you're far too high-minded to let yourself be taken in.

[Alma] You're probably*wrong*, but it's still right for me to take a step back and make sure I'm being rational.

[Cesar] You never answered my question! Was I there? :D

[Alma] I'm sure the politics of it all would be enough to scare anyone away!

[Alma] ... yes, you were...

[Alma] But it was not a pleasant dream...

  • Alma looks uncomfortable.

[Cesar] Well, if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine.

[Cesar] Dreams can be strange things...

  • Alma doesn't elaborate on her fears that it may be more than a dream.

[Alma] Well, you were a slave... a gladiator.

[Cesar] Sounds tiring.

[Alma] And I'd thought you were dead for years, so it was all very dramatic.

[Cesar] Military school was hard enough :p

  • Alma smiles

[Alma] I got you out though :)

[Cesar] Oh, that's good :)

  • Alma begins to tear up a little.

[Alma] I'd do that for you in any world, you know?

[Cesar] That's sweet.

[Alma] (Is he being flippant?)

  • Cesar is slightly, yes.
  • Alma looks a little hurt.

[Cesar] Oh, come on. It was only a dream. But thank you, in any case, for rescuing imaginary-me from a fate worse than death.

[Alma] It felt like weeks!

[Alma] And it ... it might not be just a dream.

[Cesar] How do you mean?

  • Alma scrunches her face up, annoyed she let herself get miffed and say it.

[Alma] It might be another world.

[Alma] I don't know yet.

[Cesar] o_O

[Cesar] "yet"?

[Cesar] Are you going back there?

[Alma] No... but I'm going to find out if that monstrous place is real... if real people, and real souls are trapped there.. .suffering.

  • Alma begins to get worked up

[Alma] I was trapped there for weeks, and it was all hate and suffering!

[Cesar] Hey, calm down...

  • Alma reaches up to take ahold of her Wheel and takes a deep breath.
  • Cesar puts a hand on your shoulder.

[Cesar] It must have been pretty bad.

  • Alma leans her head on César's shoulder.

[Alma] It was*awful*

[Alma] I've never known worse...

  • Cesar nods.

[Cesar] Well, you're back now... everything's all right here, at least.

[Alma] I'm glad.

[Alma] Everything's OK with you?

[Cesar] Fine, a bit hungover.

[Cesar] It's been quiet, mostly.

  • Alma shakes her head, but still affectionately.

[Alma] Mostly?

[Cesar] Well, I was out last night, so maybe the servants had a party while I was gone, I can't say :)

[Alma] :P

[Alma] Well, at least you have a keepsake.

[Alma]*taps your forehead lightly*

[Cesar] Ouch :p

[Cesar] I'm going back to bed for at least four hours...

[Alma] I suspect those were built into us for a reason :P

[Alma] You shouldn't waste your whole day!

[Cesar] Pft, that's only a tiny fraction of the whole day

[Cesar] Try to do something fun today - enjoy yourself, Alma.

[Alma] I'll have Marielle go in and bang some pots later.

  • Cesar fake-snarls at you.

[Cesar] Fun that doesn't involve me :p

[Alma] :)

  • Alma will go to kick out Danyel once César is gone
  • Danyel is in his room.
  • Alma knocks politely.

[Danyel] Come in.

  • Alma will enter.

[Alma] Ser Danyel.

  • Danyel stands.

[Danyel] Sister.

[Alma] I was thinking it might be best for me, in the wake of my dream experience, to have the house as normal as possible, to help ground me for a few days.

  • Danyel listens.

[Alma] I appreciate how supportive you were...

[Alma] It's just...

[Danyel] You wish me to leave.

[Alma] Just until I've had a couple days to sort over the dream... meet with the others...

[Danyel] Of course, Sister, if that is your desire.

  • Danyel bows politely.

[Danyel] Shall I take my things with me?

[Alma] I'll have Marielle fetch the doormen we hired before, until you're back.

[Alma] ... for Felise.

  • Danyel nods.

[Alma] No, no...

[Danyel] That would be a sensible precaution.

[Alma] You... I mean, you have a regular place right?

  • Alma looks around to see if it looks like "all" his things are here.

[Danyel] I can go to my family home.

[Danyel] Or to the Spokesmen's barracks, if necessary.

[Alma] Well, if neither is suitable, I can find you accomodations somewhere nice for a few days.

[Danyel] That will not be necessary, Sister, either one should be able to accomodate me.

[Alma] .oO( Professionalism ... fallen apart, great. )

[Alma] Ok.

[Alma] Thank you again, Ser Danyel.

[Danyel] It's been my honour, Sister. If you...

[Alma] Yes?

[Danyel] If you require me, you know how to reach me.

[Alma] (Alma SMs to see if he feels like she's slighting his performance, since clearly he can't like her :P)

[Alma] (24)

  • Danyel seems surprised, but hiding it as best as he can.
  • Alma makes an appointment to meet to report to the Reverend Father.

[Danyel] Of course.

[Alma] Take your time.

  • Alma smiles awkwardly before taking her leave.
  • Danyel gathers up a few things, ready to take his leave.


Seth and Gwen

[DiablotinNarrator] Seth, you are uncertain where to go. Home seems out of the question, while the palace might lead you to encounter people you would currently rather avoid...

  • Seth will wander around for a while after leaving Ilphere, until he hits on an idea.

[DiablotinNarrator] Moreover, the very walls and stones of the city seem to be... humming to you, just faintly.

[Seth] (!!!!)

  • Seth will let himself be drawn in whatever direction they seem to be leading him.

[DiablotinNarrator] Not leading you anywhere in particular as far as you can tell - it's wherever you go.

  • Seth will eventually head in the direction of his Aunt Gwen's place.
  • Gwen is at home, fortunately for you.

[Seth] Ah... hello, Aunt Gwen. So good to see you.

[Gwen] Oh, hello Seth... how are you?

[Seth] Ahhh ... well, I have returned from our expedition into the Shadow Plane.

[Gwen] Oh, and how did it go?

[Seth] Well, that is to say, it was very perplexing. We ended up in a sort of ... alternate dream-reality, in which we occupied the roles of people quite, but not just like ourselves, in a city like, and yet so unlike, Diablotin.

[Seth] From our dream-perspective it appeared to last for many weeks.

[Gwen] 'Ended up'? As in, by accident?

[Seth] I suppose ... no. Well, we did not know the consequences of what we would do. It was most disorienting.

  • Gwen nods.

[Gwen] Was it what you were looking for?

[Seth] ... you know, it might have been. There is a lot to take in.

[Gwen] Well, I hope it was worth it, then.

[Seth] I will say this: It was no dream, at least, not in the sense we understand it. This world we were in, it is real, and it is connected to our world in various ways.

[Seth] And we learned much there that I think leads us to rethink what we know about Diablotin.

[Gwen] How do you mean?

[Seth] About the Arch, about Cornelia Nash ... about Martan Kizer. Very perplexing.

[Gwen] Well, what can you tell me that might be helpful?

[Seth] Well ... it appears that Cornelia, in that world, had special knowledge of the Arch, and considered her teacher, or mentor, to be ... the Centre. Whatever that is supposed to mean.

[Gwen] o_O

[Gwen] I have no idea what that could mean.

[Seth] No.

[Seth] But she had had dreams encouraging her to destroy the Arch, in that world, where the Arch was still intact.

[Gwen] So what relevance does it have to this world, do you think?

[Seth] In this world, at least nominally, Nash seeks to rebuild the Arch, or reintroduce an alien entity to it.

  • Gwen considers this.

[Seth] But still, the same blue eyes, the same interest in the Arch, it is all very perplexing.

[Gwen] What do you mean by 'rebuild' specifically?

[Seth] I'm not sure... I have been very reluctant to speak with her too much on this matter, except that she is pointedly interested in talking to me.

[Gwen] Well, all I mean is, here the Arch is... intact, whatever that means.

[Gwen] In one piece.

[Seth] In Saraknyel, there are two arches, one above, one below, joined together in a single purpose.

[Seth] And there, Cornelia had dreams where she was the Arch's guardian in a place where the Arch was split into two, each holding a god.

  • Gwen nods, listening.

[Seth] I don't know what any of this means ... but I am convinced that the two Cornelias are linked, they share information, somehow.

[Gwen] That seems... plausible, at least.

[Seth] Whether one, or both, are guardians of their respective Arches, that also seems quite possible, even though the other Cornelia ultimately sought my assistance in destroying their Arch.

[Seth] And while there, I... he ... the one in the dream ...went*into* the Arch, to a very strange place.

[Gwen] Into it?

[Seth] Yes. To a place between worlds, the place where souls consumed by the Arch lie, or ... something. It is all very confusing.

[Seth] Did you ever know Pasith Belden?

[Gwen] Hm...

[Gwen] Not personally, no. I mean, I met her a time or two.

[Gwen] Why?

[Seth] She was there, in the ... Arch place. She was the only one who was ... uh, whole, an entire thinking soul.

[Gwen] That's... very strange indeed.

[Seth] There is more.

[Gwen] All right.....

[Seth] The Martan in this dream world, like the young Martan who appeared with Olivier some time ago, claimed to be ... unusual.

[Seth] To be not quite of that place.

[Gwen] Interesting...

[Gwen] Do you think that connects to this world's 'Martan' or whoever he is?

[Seth] I do. He sensed that neither one of us really belonged there. He is ... special.

  • Gwen nods.

[Gwen] Well, this will bear looking into, I'm sure... though you'll have to be the one to do most of it, since you're the one who experienced the... dream, or whatever it was.

[Seth] Yes ... I will.

[Seth] We were... not all good people, there, in the other place.

[Gwen] Well, we're not all good people here, either.

[Seth] No ... well, you were. You were also dead.

[Gwen] Heh.

[Gwen] Glad I'm not there, then.

[Seth] You might be ... in the Arch-place.

[Gwen] Look, Seth... I'm here. I feel fine. I'm not trapped in some dreamworld-Arch.

[Seth] Yes. I know. It's just ... it was so real, Gwen, so fucking real. And I still feel it, that other place, coursing through me. I can hear it, even now, through my pores.

[Gwen] Maybe you could use a rest. A drink. A shag, I don't know. Something to take your mind off it for a while.

[Gwen] I can offer you the first two, at least - third one's not my problem.

[Seth] yes.

[Seth] please.

  • Gwen will get you a drink and a place to sit down, then.

[Gwen] Is this something the boss needs to know about?

[Gwen] Or should we hold off until there's something more... solid.

[Seth] Wait. Actually, he's dead in the other place too. Would he care?

[Gwen] I... don't know, it hasn't come up before.

[Seth] Right, well ... no, no need to bring him in on any of this right now.

[Gwen] Ok.

[Gwen] Good work, Seth... whatever it is.

  • Gwen pats your shoulder.

[Seth] Thanks ... I think.


Ilphere and Menard

[DiablotinNarrator] Ilphere! You are finally going to have some... time alone... with Menard :D

[Ilphere] (:D)

  • Ilphere will show up at the Palace and inquire after her fiancé... :3
  • Menard will get rid of whoever he's supposed to be meeting with and see you instead ;)

[Ilphere] (yay!)

[Ilphere] I hope I didn't interrupt anything important...!

  • Menard grins.

[Ilphere] We got back early, so...

[Menard] No! Nothing that can't wait, at any rate...

  • Ilphere smiles prettily.
  • Menard moves to embrace you.

[Menard] I'm so glad to see you.

  • Ilphere happily snuggles up to him.

[Ilphere] Oh...! Me too...

[Menard] What was it like? Your excursion, I mean.

[Ilphere] Oh, very informative...!

[Ilphere] Not what I expected, but... fascinating...

[Menard] Well, I'm glad :)

  • Menard kisses you.
  • Ilphere kisses back, reaching up to run her fingers through his hair.

[Menard] Mm...

[Ilphere] I hope that other thing can wait until tomorrow...?

  • Ilphere smiles with a hint of nervousness.

[Menard] Should I cancel the appointments for the rest of the day?

  • Ilphere nods, blushing...

[Menard] All right :D

  • Menard will do so, then, via servant.

[Menard] What do you want to do, then, young lady? ;)

[Ilphere] Oh...! Well...

[Ilphere] I just wanted to see you so badly... I just came here straightaway without making a plan...!

[Menard] Hmm, well, we can probably figure something out, don't you think?

[Ilphere] Is there somewhere we can go that's... nice?

[Ilphere] Somewhere that would be, ah... special...

[Menard] Well, how nice do you want? There was that room I showed you before... or we could go out somewhere, I guess, to an inn or something...

  • Ilphere smiles self consciously.

[Ilphere] Let's go somewhere...

[Menard] All right :D

[Ilphere] I want to have a bath after all that walking...

[Menard] Oh... well, I could probably ... help... with that.

[Menard] Couldn't I?

  • Menard says, hoping he hasn't misunderstood.

[Ilphere] Yes, I think so...

  • Ilphere smiles more widely.

[Menard] Ok, let's go then :)

  • Ilphere squeezes his hand tightly.
  • Ilphere nods quickly...!

[Menard] Should I call for a carriage?

[Ilphere] That sounds lovely...!

  • Menard will do so, then.

[Menard] I don't know where there's an inn with a bath. I mean, a nice one... I haven't had to do this before ;)

  • Ilphere giggles...

[Menard] Do I just say 'Driver! Take us someplace with a bathtub!'

[Ilphere] Nor have I...!

  • Menard asks, smiling.

[Ilphere] Maybe just 'a nice inn, someplace with a bathtub?'

[Ilphere] Otherwise who knows where one might end up...!

[Menard] All right, I can do that... hopefully.. without dying of embarassment :D

[Ilphere] I'm sure you will do just fine...!

  • Menard will make the request as casually as he's able, and the coachman seems accustomed to odd requests from royals :p
  • Ilphere leans her head on Menard's shoulder as they travel.

[Menard] Did you miss me?

[Ilphere] Oh yes...

  • Ilphere sighs contentedly.

[Ilphere] I am very happy to be back.

[Menard] I'm glad to hear that :)

[Menard] So your trip was a success?

[Ilphere] I think so... I still need to process all of the information we gathered...

  • Menard nods.

[Ilphere] We'll be meeting at the Society tomorrow to go over it all...!

[Menard] Oh, well, so we have until tomorrow....?

[Menard] Or do you need to go home in between?

[Ilphere] I made... an arrangement with Dominik so that I don't have to go back...! :D

  • Ilphere looks pleased with herself.

[Menard] Oh, that's wonderful!

  • Menard squeezes your leg through your skirts.

[Ilphere] I thought it was a good idea...

  • Ilphere strokes his chest and presses in closer.

[Menard] Uh... I hope this place isn't really far :)

[Ilphere] Me too...

[Menard] I love you so much.

[Ilphere] I love you too...

  • Ilphere worms her arms around Menard's waist and hugs him extra tight.

[Ilphere] You're... wonderful.

  • Ilphere closes her eyes and sighs.

[Menard] Heh. I'm glad you think so, at least :)

  • Menard kisses your forehead.

[Ilphere] . o O ( How far*is* this place...? )

[DiablotinNarrator] The carriage will drop you off at what looks to be a very expensive inn.

  • Ilphere hangs on to Menard's hand.
  • Menard will inquire for a room with a bath ;)
  • Ilphere glances around the place while they wait.

[DiablotinNarrator] Well, it's probably still before noon, it's probably fairly quiet atm.

[Ilphere] (coo')

  • Menard gets a key to a room.

[Menard] Shall we, my lady? :)

[Ilphere] Whenever you are ready...!

[Menard] I'm very, very ready. Extremely ready, even.

  • Ilphere grins widely.

[Ilphere] Well then...!

[Menard] I hope you are too..

  • Ilphere slips her arm through his.

[Ilphere] [q] Oh, definitely...

  • Menard will then proceed to make sure you're very well bathed... so clean someone could eat off you, in fact ^-^

[Ilphere] (I hope they will! :D)


Sanadhil and Earric

[DiablotinNarrator] Sanadhil, you make your way home to your lonely flat...*sigh*

  • Sanadhil is happy enough for the solitude

[Sanadhil] (isH)

  • Sanadhil intends to have a bath and some wine and then do some writing in preparation for tomorrow...

[DiablotinNarrator] Nothing seems to have changed there since you left it... maybe a few more dustbunnies.

[DiablotinNarrator] You can start heating the water for the bath.

  • Sanadhil will pour hmself some wine meanwhile, and have some cheese or somethinf

[DiablotinNarrator] A little while later, once you're safely ensconced in your bath, with wine close at hand, there is a knock at your door.

  • Sanadhil scowls, and decides to ignore it
  • Sanadhil isn't even supposed to be home yet...

[DiablotinNarrator] It is ... persistent.

  • Sanadhil will try to wait it out but if t is clear they aren;t going away, will dry off mostly and slip on some kind of robe
  • Sanadhil wonders if smething has happened with someone from the expedition, maybe?
  • Sanadhil checks at the window before answering

[DiablotinNarrator] It appears to be ... Earric.

[Sanadhil] (has he seen me?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (hard to tell?)

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil hesitates at the door a moment

[Sanadhil] . o O ( maybe he'll... go away -_- )

  • Earric looks almost... distraught? if such a thing is possible.

[Sanadhil] hm.

  • Sanadhil will open the door partway

[Sanadhil] Yes?

[Earric] Oh, you're here... thank god.

  • Sanadhil raises his eyebrows, and wipes some water off his forehead from his wet hair

[Earric] May I come in?

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] What is this about?

[Earric] You... something happened, and I... I don't understand it...

[Sanadhil] Hmm.

  • Sanadhil opens the door and lets him come in.
  • Earric comes in, looking around a bit.

[Earric] You've been away.

[Earric]*Very* far away.

[Sanadhil] it's not the first time.... kind of you to be so concerned. Did I miss something?

[Earric] This was different.

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Earric] I don't know how, but yes.

[Sanadhil] how curious. How do you know?

[Sanadhil] ...and why do you care?

[Earric] I felt it. Felt you leave - and I shouldn't have been able to feel you after that. But I did.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( and why are you troubling me and not Ilphere? is it just a matter of accessability? )

[Earric] And I care because I don't understand it, and things I don't understand ... bother me.

[Sanadhil] How terrible. though I can sympathise on that point.

  • Sanadhil looks him over and will SM @_@

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok...)

[Sanadhil] (30 - wnating to know if he is really this distraught or if it is in part an act or what?)

  • Earric seems genuinely confused/upset)

[Earric] Where were you?

[Sanadhil] I'm not sure how much good it would do to tell you - I'm not entirely certain myself

[Earric] I could have the answer from you... could have anything I wanted from you, spread open for the taking, begging for my touch. But I'm asking instead.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] (is*that* true?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (you have no reason to believe otherwise...)

[Sanadhil] why?

[Earric] Because... you are more important than the thralls in the cult. You have something special.

[Sanadhil] what's that?

[Earric] You shine.

[Sanadhil] but what is that to you?

  • Sanadhil takes a step forward

[Earric] Don't you imagine even one such as I might long for something else? For .. freedom?

[Sanadhil] Even if I could, what answer is that?

[Sanadhil] (if I can, rather)

[Earric] Through you, I will regain what was lost.

[Earric] Taken from me.

  • Sanadhil raises his eyebrows

[Sanadhil] . o O ( that's not ominous at*all* :p )

[Sanadhil] what is that?

  • Sanadhil wonders if this is a trick to make him feel special

[Earric] My freedom. My... my wings.

  • Earric looks almost embarrassed at that.

[Sanadhil] You had those in the dream, but no more freedom.

[Sanadhil] what happened to them?

[Earric] ...She took them.

[Sanadhil] Who?

  • Earric 's eyes fill with faintly-glowing tears.

[Earric] My mistress. Phedre.

[Sanadhil] You want me to believe that she truly controls you? That this cult is all her doing?

[Earric] You have no reason to trust me. I understand that.

[Earric] But yes, it is hers and hers alone.

[Earric] The necklace she wears...

  • Sanadhil listens

[Earric] That's how she found me, and how she keeps me.

[Sanadhil] what is it?

[Earric] I don't know its name. It's like an Amulet of the Planes, but ... not quite.

[Sanadhil] What does she want with you, then?

[Earric] I can keep her cult under control... keep them amused...

  • Earric hangs his head.

[Sanadhil] it doesn't seem all that difficult

[Earric] You might be surprised.

[Sanadhil] oh?

  • Earric sighs.

[Earric] Will you help me, or are you merely toying with me before casting me out again?

[Earric] If the latter, I will go and spare us both the trouble.

[Sanadhil] I don't know how I can help you, and I haven't decided if I will.

  • Earric turns to leave, then.

[Sanadhil] :|

[Sanadhil] YOu haven't even told me what it is you want from me.

[Earric] I want to know where you were... and how I gained my freedom there.

[Sanadhil] In a dream

[Sanadhil] There you were kept collared and leashed

[Earric] ...

[Sanadhil] Your leash was released in a rather chaotic...encounter, and you tricked someone else into releaing the collar - in exchange for help that was never given

[Sanadhil] I can't see how that helps nyou very much.

[Earric] I'm not certain either.

[Earric] But thank you, even so.

  • Earric will turn to go again.
  • Sanadhil nods, scowling slightly

[Sanadhil] What now?

[Earric] Now, we carry on. It's all any of us can do.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( if you say so. )

  • Sanadhil nods again

[Earric] Would you have me visit again?

[Sanadhil] I want to know more of her plans.

[Earric] Then... shall I stay with you, now?

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil tries to figure out what exactly he means by that @_@

[Sanadhil] If you'll speak more of it, you can stay

  • Earric nods willingly.

[Sanadhil] Sit, then...

  • Earric will.... stay for a while, then, and you can have a nice long... conversation...

[DiablotinNarrator] (as a solo, say, because I need dinner now :)

[Sanadhil] (yay Solo! :D :D :D)

  • Sanadhil is realy only interested in conversation D:

Solos

Sanadhil and Earric

  • Sanadhil regards his guest for a moment trying to decide how to proceed
  • Earric has taken his seat.

[Sanadhil] Help yourself to some wine, if you like. I am going to go get dressed.

  • Earric will do so, then.
  • Sanadhil slips upstairs to put on something ...less socially awkward
  • Earric has a glass of wine half-finished by the time you return.
  • Sanadhil will come back downstairs shortly afterward, having dried his hair a little better and also put on real clothes (though still elfy ones)
  • Sanadhil wonders if he can get drunk

[Sanadhil] So...

  • Earric looks up at you.

[Earric] Yes?

[Sanadhil] The cult then.

  • Earric nods.

[Sanadhil] The members are tied to you, not to Phedre.

[Earric] Yes.

[Earric] But I'm tied to her, so...

[Sanadhil] I suppose.

[Sanadhil] How does the necklace work?

[Sanadhil] You're clearly not so closely tied that you can't slip away for an afternoon.

  • Sanadhil tries to remember what an amulet of the planes does (arcana roll?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (sure)

[Earric] I don't fully know. It lets her travel between the planes. That's why I can be here right now, actually... she's, uh, out of town, so to speak.

[Sanadhil] (24)

[Sanadhil] where?

[Earric] I wish I knew.

[Earric] Once she's gone from this plane, I can't sense her any longer.

[Sanadhil] Is she tied to you the same way the other members are?

[Earric] Yes... sort of.

[Earric] She's shielded from some of its effects.

[Sanadhil] how does this connection work?

[Earric] How? Magic.

  • Earric says with a shrug.

[Sanadhil] right.

[Sanadhil] Phedre has allies outside of the cult?

[Earric] Of course.

[Earric] Well, it depends what you mean by 'outside'.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] there are those who do not attend the meetings, I presume, who have some involvement, or share similar goals...

[Sanadhil] who are they?

[Earric] One of the members of the Council of Reverends, at least... I don't know which one, apart from that I believe it's a woman.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] (I assume I have no idea who most of the are?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (not personally)

[Sanadhil] who else?

[Earric] I know the Lady Chamberlain has close ties with Phedre. I would suspect she's involved somehow.

[Earric] And... I think the Emperor knows and lets it go on, whether he's involved or not.

[Sanadhil] (Chamberlain = Martine Sathin?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (correct)

[Sanadhil] He certainly knows about Yanina...

[Earric] Well, yes.

[Earric] There is something going on with the Spokesmen too - I can't put my finger on it, but someone in there is involved, or we'd have been shut down long ago.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] what are they really trying to achieve?

[Earric] There are several goals... the most immediate is finding the 'one who will die and live again'.

  • Sanadhil nods, suddenly wondering about Ilphere, although that would be odd

[Earric] Have you ever heard of, I believe they are called the Seventh?

[Sanadhil] No - who are they]

[Earric] They are... hm. Difficult to explain, but I'll try.

[Earric] They are humans who've lived through their cycle of lives, and been returned to this world, in service to a higher power.

[Earric] A god.

[Earric] They have certain abilities, above and beyond a normal human. They have exceedingly long lifespans, for one thing.

[Earric] Beyond that, their powers can vary from individual to individual.

[Earric] Because... the Serpent... was until recently bound, it couldn't make these beings. It now wishes to do so, it would seem.

  • Sanadhil starts to ask a questions, and nods instead

[Sanadhil] what about Kavreshar?

  • Sanadhil watches closely as he asks that one

[Earric] A servitor of the Serpent... I don't know him personally, but my understanding is that he was ...dispatched? summoned? to aid his master many years ago, but failed and was trapped by humans instead.

[Earric] Knowing other wyrms, he's probably quite annoyed about the whole thing.

[Sanadhil] But you - you do serve Vrag as well? Despite her influence?

[Earric] My people have their own lords. The Serpent is, for all they might wish to deny him, a human god.

[Earric] I have the appropriate respect for him, as I would for any being who could destroy me.

  • Earric sips his wine.

[Sanadhil] what else are they planing, other than to find this person to create a new kind of servant for him?

[Earric] You know that the Arch currently lies dormant...

[Sanadhil] Yes.

[Earric] The Serpent lacks a firm... foothold? can a serpent have a foothold? whatever.... in this world.

[Earric] There are suggestions that perhaps, if the Arch were re-created, and whole, that he could come and go from it. Feed from it.

[Sanadhil] and so they want to remake it

[Sanadhil] do they know how to do this?

[Earric] Yes, but not in the way it was most recently... they want to see it made in its original form.

[Earric] As to whether they know how to do it... They believe they do, at any rate. I wouldn't care to bet either way yet.

[Sanadhil] and the Order of the Black Down - what is its purpose?

[Earric] To gain a hold over people, to build a support base for the Serpent when it returns.

[Sanadhil] are the manifestations that we have seen there at all authentic?

[Earric] I believe that what the girl - Ilphere - sees is real. Perhaps others feign their visions to be seen as special.

[Sanadhil] the dragon that appeared the night she collapsed?

[Earric] An illusion.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] what would you do if you were free?

[Earric] Go home.

[Earric] See my family...

[Sanadhil] and what would happen to the cult?

[Earric] I don't know what Phedre would do. For my part, I would have nothing further to do with it, given the choice.

[Earric] What would you do?

[Sanadhil] pardon?

[Earric] If the cult were no longer... what new thing would you find to study?

  • Earric smiles slightly.

[Sanadhil] Something would come along, I'm sure.

[Earric] Well then, I shall not worry about your boredom, in that case ;)

  • Sanadhil totally has a list @_@

[Sanadhil] One way or another, I can't expect this will last more than a few years.

[Earric] Yes... the question is, will it be one way, or the other.

[Sanadhil] Mmmm....

[Sanadhil] I can't imagine that it is only your desire for freedom that brings you here.

[Earric] Oh? What else do you think has lured me?

[Sanadhil] . o O ( that wasn't what I meant :p )

[Sanadhil] if anyone moves to act against the cult, they'd be swift to act against you. And if you are so trapped....

[Sanadhil] so, how do *you* think this will play out?

[Earric] I believe that Phedre won't want to lose me. I think she'll let me go before she'll see me killed.

[Sanadhil] why?

[Earric] Because she loves me.

  • Earric says simply.

[Sanadhil] but you're too useful to let free...?

[Earric] I don't know how much she even needs me any longer... for the cult, I mean.

[Earric] I mean, I'm useful.. but people would keep coming without me, I suspect.

[Sanadhil] Why do you think I can help you.

[Earric] They don't need the excuse of me to throw their clothes off, get high, and try desperately to enjoy themselves.

[Earric] Because... you're different than the others. You're not so easily swayed. You're smarter than they are.

[Sanadhil] And?

[Earric] Because we share something.

  • Sanadhil buries unbidden thoughts

[Sanadhil] and what is that?

[Earric] Outsiders. Always watching, never fully letting go, fully joining in... Always thinking of the next step, the next manipulation.

[Earric] I could still feel you, even on another plane. That's never happened before.

[Sanadhil] what about Ilphère?

[Earric] She's too caught up in it to be... impartial.

[Sanadhil] but *that* connection is the same?

[Earric] Yes...

[Sanadhil] Don't read too much into it.

[Earric] Why not?

  • Sanadhil just smiles

[Earric] What, I answer every question you ask, and you won't answer one for me?

  • Earric says with a smile in return.

[Sanadhil] You're the one here with something to gain.

[Earric] Oh, I don't know about that. There are things you could gain too.

[Sanadhil] You have some answers for me, but you're not the only source - and I still don't know that I believe you

[Sanadhil] like what.

[Earric] Well, aside from the obvious... Because of our bond, I could share certain of my powers with you, for instance.

  • Sanadhil tries to remember what his notes said about succubi

[Sanadhil] (arcana again?)

[Earric] (sure)

[Sanadhil] (31)

[DiablotinNarrator] (hell, just read http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/monstersDtoDe.html#succubus-demon ;)

[Sanadhil] Do you think you really have much to offer me, in that regard?

[Earric] Well, I know you have powers of your own, of course. I don't know how much we.. overlap, in that sense.

[Sanadhil] enough.

  • Earric nods.

[Earric] I don't know, then. I'd have to fall back on my other ... skills, in order to repay you.

  • Sanadhil does not look especially impressed

[Earric] I can look like anyone you'd like, for instance.

[Sanadhil] but not yourself?

[Earric] I can look like myself, if that's your preference.

[Sanadhil] you said she'd taken your wings...

[Sanadhil] or was that just metaphorical.

  • Earric stands. The change is subtle but noticeable - his eyes redden, teeth sharpen... his face becomes more angular, even more attractive if such a thing is possible.
  • Earric begins to unbuttons his shirt.

[Sanadhil] (looks more or less liek Arrick?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (more like)

  • Sanadhil watches impassively
  • Earric lets his shirt fall when he finally has it undone. He turns to show you his back, where there are two gaping wounds, still seeping.

[Sanadhil] Rough love.

[Earric] Torture.

[Sanadhil] That can be a matter of perspective...

[Earric] True...

[Earric] But your perspective might change if some important part of you was cut off.

[Sanadhil] It can't be healed?

[Earric] Never.

[Sanadhil] restored?

[Earric] Not without her hold over me being broken first.

[Sanadhil] And that's the power of the gem?

[Earric] In part, yes.

  • Sanadhil tries to think of how such a thing would be possible.... (Arcana? @_@)

[DiablotinNarrator] (you can roll)

[Sanadhil] and in part what else?

[Earric] The planar travel, as I mentioned...

[Sanadhil] (36)

[DiablotinNarrator] (well, there spells that can bind extraplanar beings to one's service... but this is not quite that!)

[Sanadhil] (yeah)

[Sanadhil] (no idea beyond that, though?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (nope)

[Sanadhil] (now that's annoying! It makes me curious :V)

  • Sanadhil sm's him again

[DiablotinNarrator] (what's your roll?)

[Sanadhil] 9ha ha 18, yeah right)

[DiablotinNarrator] (no damn clue, yeah... apart from, maybe, that he'd like to fuck you, but that's not exactly a state secret :p)

[Sanadhil] fascinating...

  • Earric turns back around to face you.

[Earric] I'm glad I could amuse, then.

[Sanadhil] when is she due back?

[Earric] Tomorrow, maybe, or the day after.

[Earric] ...

[Sanadhil] what about her daughters?

[Earric] Well, the one is out of her grasp. The other can manage quite well on her own.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Do you know what turned Phedre to this path?

[Sanadhil] by all accounts, if isn't something that arose until after she returned with you

[Earric] I think... I don't know for certain, but she has said from time to time that this is a vision that's been with her since childhood. She only had the courage to act upon it more recently.

[Sanadhil] what vision?

[Earric] I think she waited until her father was dead, for one thing.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Earric] Her vision of a church of the Serpent reborn.

[Sanadhil] I wonder why her....

[Earric] I don't know.

[Earric] Why are any of us chosen?

[Sanadhil] I prefer to make my own choices, for better or for worse.

[Earric] That's very... idealistic of you.

[Sanadhil] perhaps.

  • Earric will start to put his shirt back on.

[Sanadhil] There is much to consier, at this point.

  • Earric nods.

[Sanadhil] (how log has this all taken? Couple of hours?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (probably an hour or two, yeah)

[Earric] Your bath's probably gone cold. Sorry about that.

  • Sanadhil shrugs

[Sanadhil] It doesn't matter

[Earric] Clean enough?

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil pushes away those thoughts again

[Sanadhil] I can always draw another.

[Earric] If you feel the need.

[Sanadhil] Once she's returned, will it be possible to contact you at all?

[Sanadhil] and speak so freely?

[Earric] Well, you know how to find me. But I may not be able to speak.. or act.. so freely, no.

[Sanadhil] I'm sure we can come to some arrangement should it be necessary.

[Earric] I wouldn't be certain of that.

[Sanadhil] oh?

[Earric] My bond with Phedre works both ways. Once she's back on this plane, she would know if I tried to communicate with you.

[Sanadhil] there aren't any circumstances under which she wouldn't care?

[Earric] If she thought we were fucking, maybe.

[Sanadhil] then let her think it

[Earric] I'd have to be... very convincing.

[Sanadhil] Well.

[Sanadhil] I'll keep that under consideration.

[Earric] I'm sure you will.

[Sanadhil] Indeed.

[Earric] Consider it at length, if you wish.

  • Earric will turn to go.

[Sanadhil] I think we are through here for the moment, Monsieur Boyne... Thank you for calling by.

[Earric] It was my pleasure.

  • Sanadhil nods and will see him out
  • Sanadhil sags a little bit after he is gone though, not expecting to have needed to marshal that kind of mental energy so soon

[Sanadhil] . o O ( ahhhhhhhhhhh! )

  • Sanadhil is almost tired again after that, despite sleeping for two days @_@


Alma and Owl

  • Alma has done her best to spend time around Felise, César or Marielle since she's been home. Time comes eventually for the end of her day, and she has questions weighing on her that she'd like answered before the meeting tomorrow.
  • Alma spends quite a bit of time in devout meditation before beginning to cast her spell... to direct a question directly to Owl or one of its servants for the first time.
  • Alma gathers the incense and Holy Water and begins.

[Alma] Is Imraen's dream a real world?

[Owl] Yes.

[Alma] Other than Imraen and Ruchard, are any of the apparent persons whose lives we experienced, or who we met in the dream real entities?

[Owl] Yes.

[Alma] Do these entities, generally, have souls such as ours?

[Owl] No.

[Alma] Do they have souls of any kind?

[Owl] Yes.

[Alma] Can their souls be shown the path to the Centre?

[Owl] Unclear.

  • Alma bites her lip in indecision
  • Alma skips ahead

[Alma] As your devoted servant, I want to help all souls find their path to the Centre, to the best of my ability; should I concern myself with the fate of the souls in Imraen's dream?

[Owl] Do not worry for them.

  • Alma shudders at words from her beloved Owl

[Alma] Are the souls in the dream linked to their counterparts in this world?

[Owl] Yes.

[Alma] (sec, counting)

[Alma] In Imraen's dream, Char spoke with Belden; was that truly the spirit, of Passith Belden, in whole or in part?

[Owl] Yes.

[Alma] When Pheria was killed, her spirit experienced something, which we all came to know... was this an illusion?

[Owl] No.

  • Alma lets out a sigh

[Alma] Thank you for the blessing of your counsel, Owl.

  • Alma sits in prayer and contemplation, conflicted about one response... how can she not worry?

[Alma] .oO( Faith. )

  • Alma takes comfort in her place in the world.


Sanadhil and Earric

  • Sanadhil writes for a bit, trying to focus on too much at once, then decides to try that bath again to sort his throughts before committing them to paper
  • Sanadhil will finish off what is left of the wine, then open another bottle when he goes back to writing, and realize there are too many important things he didn't think to ask Earric, and also opportunities to be had here
  • Sanadhil considers the time, and thinks that it might(?) be easier to accost him for the needed info before Phedre returns
  • Sanadhil will make some preparations, though, and then cautiously mak his way tot heir place
  • Sanadhil casts nondetection

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok)

  • Sanadhil will cast greater Invis when he gets closer, also
  • Sanadhil will go up to the house and cast arcane sight to check and see if there are any wards

[DiablotinNarrator] Nothing in evidence...

  • Sanadhil will cast knock, and then go in, then

[DiablotinNarrator] OK... I forget, have you been in their house before?

[Sanadhil] yes, once, when I first met Earic

[DiablotinNarrator] right..

[DiablotinNarrator] Well, then, you have at least a vague idea where you're going, though you haven't been upstairs or what have you.

  • Sanadhil hasn't really seen more than the parlour
  • Sanadhil will look around, and see if he can see anythig that clearly belongs to one or the other of the pair, that is small, and also listen to see if he can hear anyone

[DiablotinNarrator] It's a nice, reasonably fancy place... You can hear a few sounds - music playing faintly from somewhere, and a few servants going about their work.

[DiablotinNarrator] Nothing on the main floor that's obviously a personal possession of one or the other.

  • Sanadhil will go upstairs

[DiablotinNarrator] Upstairs is where the music is coming from, but no servants up here at the moment.

  • Sanadhil will pause partyway up and cast locate creature on earric

[DiablotinNarrator] (hm... just have to check that)

  • Sanadhil has never used it before :V

[DiablotinNarrator] (well, it can be fooled in various ways.. but I think you're good)

[DiablotinNarrator] You can sense the direction he's in - down the hall a ways.

  • Sanadhil will stop at the head of the stairs and try to figure out if that's where the music is coming from

[DiablotinNarrator] Could well be, yes.

  • Sanadhil will head that way then, unless he sees a more dstracting room. with things in it :x

[Sanadhil] (that i could thief)

[DiablotinNarrator] (heh)

[DiablotinNarrator] You head in the direction your spell leads you, and find it brings you closer to the music, which is someone playing a harpsichord or some similar instrument.

[DiablotinNarrator] (there are other rooms you could go in, but with closed doors...)

  • Sanadhil looks in to the music room, carefully

[Sanadhil] (I would but my invis has worn off, and if cast regular invis, i can't open the door anyway :p)

[Sanadhil] 9I think?)

[Earric] (yarr)

[Sanadhil] (So, music room)

  • Sanadhil sudenly hopes Phedre hasn't reyurned early - though it could all have been a lie anyway...
  • Earric is in the room, listening to Viviane playing. Her back is angled so she can't see the door, fortunately - but he's definitely got line of sight on you.

[Sanadhil] (did it seem like he was watchi, or does he seem surprised?)

  • Sanadhil slips back out of view
  • Earric does not seem surprised to glimpse you.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( you are such a fool )

  • Earric stands to stretch 'casually' and tells his stepdaughter that he's going to turn in for the night. Viviane doesn't even stop playing, just nods.
  • Sanadhil scowls to himself briefly and willpull himself together to try and appear more casual
  • Earric strolls out of the room, into the corridor where you're standing.
  • Earric lays a finger on his lips and beckons for you to follow him.
  • Sanadhil nods to him, and follows
  • Earric leads you to what you can only assume is his (and Phedre's) master bedroom, at the end of the corridor.

[Earric] So.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( stupid stupid stupid. )

  • Earric says once you're safely behind closed doors.
  • Sanadhil looks around with fairly casual curiousity

[Earric] What brings you here?

[DiablotinNarrator] The bedroom is lush, quite comfortable, with thick curtains on the windows and a huge-ass bed.

[Sanadhil] There are some more things I need to know

[Earric] Oh? What are those?

  • Sanadhil focuses his thoughts

[Sanadhil] I need to understand, better, what all you know

[Sanadhil] You asked me how, in the other place, you managed to get free.... how did you know that?

[Earric] I felt it. I don't know how else to explain it...

[Sanadhil] you felt what?

[Sanadhil] your release?

[Earric] Mm, you could put it that way.

  • Sanadhil regrets *that* term as soon as it is out of his mouth -_-

[Sanadhil] is that what made you think you could gain it here?

  • Earric nods.
  • Sanadhil tries to tell if he is lying

[DiablotinNarrator] (you can roll...)

[Sanadhil] (23 -_- I know it is pointless but you never know :p)

[DiablotinNarrator] (yeah no... you have no idea)

[Sanadhil] . o O ( so frustrating.... )

[Sanadhil] what else did you sense about it?

[Earric] It was like... a shoe that's been pinching your foot for so long you've almost stopped noticing it, suddenly being removed.

[Sanadhil] I meant the world

[Earric] Oh, that... very little. The odd dream, perhaps.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] That's all it was.

[Sanadhil] A dream... a shadow...

[Sanadhil] Why aren't you surprised that I know what you are?

[Earric] I assumed you knew already.

[Sanadhil] lets not make assumptions

[Earric] You're right, of course.

  • Sanadhil waits
  • Sanadhil carefully folds his hands inside his sleeves
  • Earric can wait just as long as you can ;)
  • Sanadhil looks annoyed

[Sanadhil] What all do you know, then?

[Earric] What did you really want, coming here?

[Sanadhil] I told you.

[Earric] Mm... and you had to have a few drinks to ask that question?

  • Sanadhil blinks

[Sanadhil] . o O ( that's not connected )

[Sanadhil] . o O ( ]:| )

[Sanadhil] I fail to see the relevance.

  • Earric smiles.
  • Earric shrugs off his jacket and throws it over a chair.

[Earric] Earlier, you seemed quite certain there wasn't much I could offer you.

[Sanadhil] Other than a clearer understanding of the situation here?

[Sanadhil] No.

  • Sanadhil wills himself not to step away

[Earric] So you had to sneak into my house after nightfall to ask me questions.

[Sanadhil] There is a matter of timing to consider.

  • Earric draws closer to you.

[Earric] :Better if we talk this way, I think.:

  • Earric says inside your mind.
  • Sanadhil 's thoughts freeze, just as he was considering whether he could even really do anything to stop him

[Sanadhil] :to what end?:

[Earric] :To avoid being overheard.:

[Sanadhil] ;Then what do you have to say?:

[Earric] :I wouldn't put it past Viviane to try and slip in here later, for instance.:

[Earric] :It's a plane... demi-plane, technically, I suppose. A dream-plane.:

  • Sanadhil nods

[Earric] :I don't know who created it, but it's been there long enough for my people to occasionally be summoned there.:

  • Sanadhil wonders for a moment how that works, if he left that plane of his own will... if that just means that heb'rejoined' himself...

[Sanadhil] . o O ( how embittering that must be, to flee to freedom and find yourself trapped here, too... )

  • Earric continues getting undressed in the 'silence'.

[Earric] :Embittering, yes... you could say that.:

  • Sanadhil draws his lips in frustration

[Sanadhil] :You can hear my thoughts at any time?:

[Earric] :Oh no... only when you're close.:

  • Earric 's voice caresses the inside of your mind.

[Sanadhil] :...how ...close?:

[Earric] :Did you want to test it?:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( and how deep )

  • Earric tosses his shirt aside.
  • Earric laughs in your mind.

[Earric] :Surface thoughts, don't fear. I'd have to try harder than this to get at your more...intimate secrets.:

  • Sanadhil tries to quiet his traitourous thoughts, as that was certainly not what he meant, and once again he is realizing how foolish this idea was

[Earric] :Would you like another drink? You seem... uneasy.:

  • Sanadhil also tries to queel the thrill of his nerves

[Sanadhil] (quell)

[Sanadhil] :No.:

[Earric] :Very well.:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( I can't see how that would help )

[Sanadhil] . o O ( argh ]:/ )

[Sanadhil] :what does Phedre know?

[Earric] :She knows her planes, certainly. I don't think she's ever been there, but she must know it exists...:

[Sanadhil] :I mean... what does she now about me, or what I know?

[Sanadhil] (know)

[Earric] :Oh, you? I don't know that she's paid you much attention, apart from your involvement with Ilphere.:

[Earric] :She's quite interested in Ilphere, though.:

  • Sanadhil is slightly relieved at that

[Sanadhil] :what does she want with her?

[Earric] :Her visions... :

[Sanadhil] . o O ( focus on someone else )

[Sanadhil] : and what does she make of those?

[Earric] :She believes they're real. I think she's probably right.:

[Earric] :That Vrag speaks to the girl...:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( well, someone does... )

  • Earric puts on a robe.
  • Sanadhil is a little bit relieved at *that* too :p
  • Earric doesn't tie it too tightly ;)
  • Sanadhil tries not to think about that terrifyng/comforting weight on his back, and is suddenly really angry

[Sanadhil] . o O ( every time it comes to mind... )

  • Earric will get himself a drink, even if you don't want one.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( damnit it doesn't matter )

  • Earric ignores those thoughts, if he's able to pick up on them.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( tell me more about this 'bond' )

[Sanadhil] ::

  • Sanadhil thinks more cooly after a moment

[Earric] :The blood oath? Just a name, it doesn't actually have to involve blood...:

[Earric] :Any bodily fluids will suffice.:

[Sanadhil] :Convenient:

[Sanadhil] :And it gives you what... insight? Control? both?:

[Earric] :Well, some people who might take it poorly when I whip out a knife don't mind nearly so much if it's something else that gets drawn.:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( spit, blood.... )

[Earric] :Not control, not in a direct fashion. I could wrack your body with pain, though... that's a form of control.:

  • Sanadhil tries to remember if Earric actually bit him or if it just seemed like he did

[Sanadhil] ...

  • Sanadhil thinks of Sendhel, and briefly, of Phéria

[Earric] :Are you waiting for me to try it?:

  • Earric asks, almost playfully.

[Sanadhil] :no. It's only pain:

[Earric] :Mm.:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( its only bodies )

  • Sanadhil steals's Sendhel's thoughts back for a moment
  • Sanadhil tries not to think of the mines, though
  • Earric sips his drink.

[Sanadhil] : And can it be made stronger?:

[Earric] :Is that what you want?:

[Sanadhil] : No:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( ]:| )

[Earric] :No, it can't. Don't worry yourself about that.:

[Sanadhil] : I'm still trying to figure out what you want from me:

  • Sanadhil thinks at nearly the same time, only heather types slow

[Earric] :If you can break Phedre's hold over me....:

[Earric] :Her necklace..:

[Sanadhil] :You'll just disappear, never to be heard of again?

[Earric] :Not necessarily.:

[Earric] :But if that was what you wanted...:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( o_O )

  • Earric chuckles in your mind.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( from what I've seen, your deals aren't much to be trusted )

[Sanadhil] ::

[Earric] :I thought you wanted me gone.:

[Earric] :But if that's not what you want... you should say so.:

  • Sanadhil half sighs in frustration

[Sanadhil] :It would be more convenient:

[Earric] :So many things could be...:

[Sanadhil] :But I don't have such strong feeling on the matter:

[Earric] :I sensed some fairly strong feelings a few moments ago... some incoherent, they were so strong.:

[Sanadhil] ..

[Sanadhil] :That's... irrelevant:

[Earric] :Mmm, if you say so.:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( ;_; )

  • Earric finishes his drink.

[Sanadhil] :Its just how you are:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( it doesn't mean anything )

[Earric] :How am I?:

  • Earric moves to his bed.

[Sanadhil] :...predatory:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( sexual... both...ugh )

[Earric] :You feel... vulnerable? threatened?:

[Sanadhil] :No.:

  • Sanadhil lies firmly.

[Earric] :I can't help it.:

[Earric] :I could try to set you more at ease, though.:

[Sanadhil] :I know:

  • Sanadhil tries to quell the little voice telling him he is a weak failure who can't even control himself
  • Earric 's form shifts before your eyes, becoming a slender, fine-featured woman with a cascade of dark curls down her back.
  • Sanadhil clenches his hands together inside his sleeves, knuckles white
  • Sanadhil 's face is fairly impassive even if his mind isn't

[Sanadhil] ;Do you think that changes anything?:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( do you think this is about you? )

  • Earric lets the robe, now looser about a more delicate frame, hang open.

[Earric] :I don't know. It does for some people.:

  • Earric does seem ... slightly less threatening, maybe..
  • Sanadhil watches him, slightly fascinated inspite of himself, to not the facity of the shift, the difference of the nw form

[Sanadhil] :Do you know that you're in danger, or are you just not concerned?:

[Earric] :I wouldn't be so concerned about escaping if I weren't in danger. I don't dislike living here, I like Phedre...:

  • Sanadhil nods, his thoughts concerned

[Earric] :But sooner or later, someone is going to take it into their head to kill me.:

[Sanadhil] (err, confirmed, lawls)

[Sanadhil] :There are too many people who know what you are:

  • Earric nods.

[Earric] :That would be... inconvenient.:

  • Sanadhil nods in turn
  • Sanadhil 's mind is riefly preoccupied wth being annoyed with epopel who want to shut things down before we even know really what is going on
  • Sanadhil ves a slightly frustrated sigh, as he was hoping th have a better idea of how to handle things, but doesn't, at all

[Sanadhil] :I'll find some way to handle them:

[Earric] :That's very... good of you.:

[Earric] :Can't I repay you?:

[Sanadhil] :It's not to do woth you. They're just all so.. impatient:

  • Earric 's fingers run lightly along the edge of the robe.

[Earric] :Patience is a wonderful thing.:

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] :You're not ever going to stop, are you? -_-:

[Earric] :It's just how I'm made. Would you be able to just 'stop' being secretive and defensive?:

[Sanadhil] :ha!:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( that true and funny and sad al at once -_- )

[Sanadhil] :Someday:

  • Earric smiles, drawing the robe closed about her slender body as she stands. Her trousers slip to her ankle, so she steps out of them casually.

[Earric] :Then perhaps one day I'll be able to stop too. Until then, though...:

[Sanadhil] :I should go:

  • Earric moves closer to you.

[Earric] :Should you?:

[Sanadhil] :...yes.:

  • Earric traces a single finger down your chest.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Sanadhil] :There's nothing...:

[Earric] :If I wanted to force you, I'd be doing it right now. I want you out of your own free will, nothing more.:

[Sanadhil] :Why? Why does it matter?:

[Earric] :Haven't you ever wanted someone? Does everything have to be for a reason, a plan, a strategy?:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( is that how s...he'lll win? )

  • Sanadhil looks dubious
  • Sanadhil reaches up to take her hand away from him, and tenses slightly as he does
  • Earric wraps her fingers around yours.

[Sanadhil] . o O ( that's just... remnants of wine. Her...his control... )

[Sanadhil] :it doesn't mean anything

  • Earric draws your hand to her mouth and sucks one of your fingertips, grazing it gently with one slightly sharp tooth.

[Earric] :No?:

  • Sanadhil moves his hand back, but not out f her grip completely, slightly flush
  • Earric will let your hand drop, looking a little flushed herself.

[Sanadhil] ...

[Earric] :You're in charge.:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( am I? )

[Earric] :You're the one with the power here, not me.:

[Sanadhil] :YOu say that... but I know about your kind of submission:

[Sanadhil] :But lets see...

[Earric] :Do you? Do you really? You know about the kind where your life isn't your own, where you're under the control of someone else at all times, and where you could be killed at any minute for being what you are?:

[Sanadhil] :I do:

[Sanadhil] :I know how dagerous that makes you:

[Earric] :You got away, though.:

[Sanadhil] . o O ( did I? )

  • Sanadhil had been thnking of Sendhel.... but it is true of himelf, in a broader sense... how depressing

[Earric] :You did.:

  • Earric says with conviction.

[Sanadhil] :You know too mcuh about me:

[Earric] :Going to shut me up?:

  • Sanadhil is also thinking about how he was rescued on someone else's whim
  • Sanadhil glances at the door, thiking about what he said before about Vivienne

[Earric] :We won't have any company, if that's what you're worried about.:

  • Sanadhil nods, and will take her hand again

[Sanadhil] :The lets see how far you'll take this

[Sanadhil] (Then)

[Earric] :As far as you want.:

[Earric] :I'll be anyone you want.:

[Sanadhil] :You're fine as you are:

[Sanadhil] (who is taller?)

[DiablotinNarrator] (how tall is San?)

[Sanadhil] (5'9")

  • Earric is probably about the same or maybe an inch taller.
  • Earric is def. taller than that as a guy, but a bit shorter than usual as a woman.
  • Sanadhil takes her hand, then, linking his fingers with hers and will guilde her closer, with a smile that still show a bit of calculation...
  • Earric wasn't kidding when she said she'd do anything.


Ysabeau and Murienne

  • Ysabeau figured we'd just be kicking aroudn the house, spending time together. After Ysabeau had a nice bath to wash the Shadow Plane dust out of her hair, of course.
  • Ysabeau is crouched on the floor with a box of straight pins, pinning the hem on the clerical robe Murienne has acquired, while Murienne is wearing it, so it will be just the perfect length for her!

[Ysabeau] Almost done... only about 1/4 left to go.

  • Murienne stands patiently while you work.

[Ysabeau] I guess we had better redouble our efforts to find another place to live... the year will soon be up.

[Murienne] I suppose so...

[Ysabeau] Would you... do you think it would be a bad idea to invite Dom to live with us...? Would having him around make you feel uncomfortable?

[Ysabeau] I mean there's no reason to suspect he'd agree...

[Murienne] I wouldn't mind.

[Murienne] If that's what you want...

[Ysabeau] He'll probably go live in the palace when Ilphere moves there.

[Murienne] Well if I had the choice, I'd probably live in the palace too... no offense ;)

[Ysabeau] But I just thought... maybe he'd appreciate the option.

  • Ysabeau laughs.

[Ysabeau] Yes, especially since he'd have to clean up after himself here, and help with the chores.

[Murienne] Well.. maybe if he likes you enough, he'd take you to live in the palace with him.

  • Ysabeau glances up at Murienne.

[Ysabeau] I don't think I would. It would put me too close to Marl.

[Murienne] OK.

  • Murienne says with a shrug.

[Ysabeau] And you, too, if you came to live there as well.

[Ysabeau] I don't want him touching a hair on your head.

[Murienne] I doubt he'd pay much attention to me.

[Ysabeau] I don't know why he pays as much attention as he does to me, unless he is physically attracted to me. And well... you look like me.

[Ysabeau] But you're younger...

  • Murienne looks a bit uncomfortable with this subject.

[Murienne] If you and Dom moved in together, maybe you guys wouldn't want me around anyway.

  • Ysabeau is, too. But you can tell it's something she is very worried about.
  • Ysabeau stops what she is doing and looks up at Muri.

[Ysabeau] You don't really think that, do you?

[Murienne] If you ... I don't know, if you were going to have kids or anything like that.

[Ysabeau] Murienne... you're my sister. The girl who saved my life. The most important person in the world. You think I could just... forget about you?

[Ysabeau] No. You have a home with me for as long as you want.

[Murienne] I didn't mean that.

[Murienne] I just meant, maybe you'd want some space. Not that I'd never be around ;)

  • Ysabeau smiles, relieved.

[Ysabeau] Someday I know you will want to spread your wings and fly off and live your own life. I'm not sure how I'll adjust when that happens. I think Dom is quite aware that we're a package deal until then, though.

[Murienne] ... You don't think that he'd be like... like you're afraid Marl would be, do you?

[Ysabeau] No.

[Ysabeau] Not Dominik.

[Murienne] All right.

  • Murienne seems reassured.

[Ysabeau] I wouldn't be with him if I thought that.

[Ysabeau] I mostly was worried about us maybe... being a little too loud sometimes.

  • Ysabeau blushes furiously.

[Murienne] Oh. It's nothing I haven't heard before.

  • Ysabeau blushes even deeper.

[Ysabeau] Yeah... I'm sorry.

[Murienne] I don't mind... I mean, it's just normal, right?

  • Ysabeau smiles awkwardly.

[Ysabeau] Well I wouldn't be that noisy if I weren't enjoying it, anyway.

  • Murienne looks kind of embarrassed at this conversation in general.

[Ysabeau] Murienne, you know that if there's anything you need or want to know about things - for your own information, so you can make informed decisions, you can ask me, right? But talking with you about my sex life is... let's say... quite mortifying so let's change the subject please?

  • Ysabeau pleads.

[Murienne] You're the one who brought it up...

[Ysabeau] I was just trying to explain why I worried that it might make you uncomfortable. That's all...

[Murienne] Don't worry about it.

  • Ysabeau nods.
  • Ysabeau bends her head back to pinning the hem for a bit.

[Ysabeau] Murienne... I'm supposed to be able to bring a guest to Ilphere's wedding...

[Ysabeau] Dom would be the obvious choice, but he'll have his own invitation.

[Ysabeau] So I had sort of wondered whether you'd like to come...

[Ysabeau] The problem being, again, that Marl will be there.

[Murienne] Oh, could I? I don't know if I have anything that would be good enough to wear...

[Ysabeau] We'll get you a dress.

  • Murienne looks pleased at that.

[Murienne] A new one?

[Ysabeau] Of course!

[Ysabeau] One made for you.

[Murienne] I'd like that :)

[Murienne] I want one that's red... or would that look too... tarty?

[Ysabeau] I think a nice deep red would look lovely on you. Not a scarlet, but something with a little more blue in it.

[Ysabeau] Scarlet washes us right out with our pale skin. ;)

  • Murienne smiles.

[Murienne] If you say so :)

[Ysabeau] Trust me.

  • Murienne nods.
  • Ysabeau smiles up at you.
  • Murienne smiles back.

[Ysabeau] I'll be up at the front with Ilphere, so I should introduce you to some of the society folk who will be there, so you'll have someone to sit with.

[Murienne] All right :)

[Ysabeau] You could probably sit with Dom, too... though that might depend on his family's plans.

  • Murienne nods, a bit more uncertain at that.
  • Ysabeau notices.

[Ysabeau] ...

[Ysabeau] You don't like him...?

[Murienne] No, it's just... his family are all rich, aren't they? I wouldn't know what to say to any of them, and I wouldn't want to make a bad impression or anything...

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Ysabeau] Oh dear Murienne...

[Ysabeau] Yes, his family is... pretty awful, I'm sorry to say.

[Ysabeau] I wouldn't want you to have to sit with THEM.

[Murienne] Oh, all right then.

[Ysabeau] That's what I meant.... that as long as his family didn't expect him to be with them, he could probably keep you company.

  • Murienne nods, looking relieved.

[Murienne] That would be fine.

[Ysabeau] But they may well expect him to do that, in which case, Sister Alma could hopefully keep you company.

[Murienne] I'd like that too... really, it would be exciting just to be there!

[Ysabeau] Or Seth or Guillame - they'll almost certainly be there too...

[Ysabeau] Anyway, I want someone to be there to look out for you and help make you feel at home.

[Murienne] Ok.

[Murienne] Are you almost done with the hem?

[Ysabeau] And it would be best if you met them in advance.

  • Murienne nods again.

[Ysabeau] Oh... here I am gabbing away while you have pins possibly pricking your ankles. Yes, almost done.

  • Ysabeau gets back to work, and finishes up not long after.

[Ysabeau] (I don't really need to touch on anything else)

[DiablotinNarrator] (ok, cool :)

[Ysabeau] (thanks!)

[DiablotinNarrator] (np :)

[Ysabeau] (Ysabeau is freaking out inside about exposing Muri to Marl but Muri is a young woman now and I can't keep making decisions for her.)