Diablotin 2 session 34

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Diablotin 2 session logs
Previous Session 34 Next

Summary

Session

Session date:
Diablotin date:

Prologue

Solos


[Diablotin_Narrator] It is the end of Eleventh-month, and you are busily preparing for your return trip to the haunted city in the Shadow Plane. [Diablotin_Narrator] Nycaise will be accompanying you this time, although she has made it clear that she is content to leave any major decisions about the trip up to you - she simply wishes to observe and make her own notes. [Diablotin_Narrator] Now that the buildings surrounding the alley are owned by the government and the entryway guarded, you have had to secure permission for your journey from the proper authorities. Given the composition of your party, it was ...surprisingly easy. [Diablotin_Narrator] It's a simple enough matter. All that is required is for you to meet the Warlord at the concealed portal. She will give you the password now needed to enter, and stay long enough to see you go through.

  • Cornelia meets you at the appointed time, in the narrow alley near the Greysmoke Temple.
  • Cornelia is, for those of you who haven't met her before, a tall, straight-backed woman in her sixties, with steel grey hair bound back in a tight braid, and blue-tinted spectacles over her eyes.
  • Ilphere tries to surreptitiously get a look at her eyes.

[Diablotin_Narrator] They look normal enough to you, Ilphere - but then, you're in broad daylight, so maybe any glow wouldn't show up here?

  • Cornelia eyes you all.

[Cornelia] Are you ready to go? [Ilphere] Yes, quite...! [Sanadhil] yes, thank you.

  • Dominik nods
  • BalthCat checks over her things to make sure nothing's been forgotten.
  • Ysabeau thinks about the 'Warlord' she knows and tries to hide a smirk.

[Ysabeau] Ready. [Seth] Of course. [Cornelia] Very well. [Cornelia] The present password is 'urvandim'. You must each say the word as you go through the portal, or the consequences will be... unpleasant, to say the least. [Cornelia] How long to you expect to remain on the other side?

  • Sanadhil is jealous of her blue glases and now wants some for surreptitionsy casting arcane sight -_-

[Seth] Will my animal companion be affected by this defense?

  • Seth looks at Nell sitting on his shoulder.

[Sanadhil] We've planned for a three day expedition again, but it is posible we will not stay so long [Cornelia] Yes, it should be fine as long as it's contact with you when you pass through. [Ilphere] Oh, excellent...! [Seth] Very well.

  • Ilphere is relieved to know that Hali will not turn inside out.

[Cornelia] All right. For security's sake, the password will be changed in four days' time, allowing you a little extra leeway. If you are gone longer than that, you may face some difficulties returning.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] May I inquire as to the nature of the ward, just in case? [Cornelia] You may not.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] very well. [Cornelia] I'll remain here long enough to make sure you all make it through safely.

  • Cornelia steps aside to permit you to enter the passageway.

[Cornelia] Good luck. [Sanadhil] Thank you.

  • Sanadhil turns rto the others and nods again

[Sanadhil] lets be off then. [Sanadhil] (is the ward on the actual portal, or the fake portal?) [Diablotin_Narrator] Actual portal [Sanadhil] (just checking :)

  • Dominik moves to take the lead
  • Sanadhil will let him, but keep near-ish the head of the party
  • Sanadhil will have mage armour and non-detection cast already
  • Ilphere sticks close to Sanadhil...!
  • Alma nods to Danyel and prepares to go onward.
  • Dominik leads the way through the portals using the password as described (I do it on all of them just in case)
  • Danyel goes boldly into the great beyond.
  • Ysabeau stays near the rear of the party.

[Diablotin_Narrator] As you pass through the shimmering wall, the noise and colours of the city fade, until you are surrounded by what seems like a thick fog - the Ethereal.

  • Seth shudders a little bit as he passes through.
  • Sanadhil will dm the portal from the other side

[Diablotin_Narrator] (I guess it would be strong Conjuration)

  • Sanadhil will also write down the exit password, just in case
  • Danyel is armed with a trident and has half-plate.
  • Nycaise has a shortsword, but no armor.

[Diablotin_Narrator] Moving with more assurance since you have been here before, you make your way as swiftly as possible to the swirling mass of shadow where the Down should be.

  • Ysabeau is wearing her usual studded leather armour, and is wearing loose trousers again.
  • Guillame blinks to try and clear the fog, despite knowing it won't help
  • Alma is wearing some sort of travel robes over her armour.
  • Alma wonders if we'll ever meet something in the Ethereal plane.
  • Ilphere is wearing a soft grey gown of relatively simple, but flattering, cut.

[Diablotin_Narrator] Going straight into the SP, or anything you needed to do here in the Ethereal first? [Sanadhil] (I SPY ON EVERYONE! Or not - I thik we're good ;p)

  • Alma takes a moment to show Danyel how to travel in this plane. "If you want you can even fly, after a sort."
  • Danyel is impressed!
  • Alma proceeds to do so, so as to take advantage of the opportunity -_-
  • Danyel doesn't look up your robes :p
  • Alma is wearing a long chainshirt anyway :P

[Diablotin_Narrator] (sexy) [Diablotin_Narrator] You step into the roiling cloud and feel its chill touch on your skin as you pass into the darkness of the Shadow Plane. [Diablotin_Narrator] The only light that reaches your eyes beyond the veil is the pale glow of the abandoned city's stones.

  • Dominik is wearing a extremly fine plate breastplate with the symbol of the wheelmaker on the chest. He carries a heavy steel sheild and a long sword sheated at his side. On his back is a short bow and quiver and a falchion.

[Nycaise] Remarkable... [Sanadhil] isn't it?

  • Nycaise has her notebook out and is jotting things down.

[Danyel] It's quite eerie. [Ysabeau] It sure is.

  • Ysabeau agrees.

[Ysabeau] It doesn't get any better, either. [Sanadhil] One of the first things we wanted to accomplish is a more thorough exploration of the city itself - see if we can produce a simple map [Ilphere] I find it fascinating...

  • Seth pulls out his notebooks

[Sanadhil] I'd like to start with what would be the Imperial island in our world.

  • Ilphere nods.

[Ysabeau] The city here is very similar to Diablotin.

  • Ysabeau tells Danyel.

[Seth] All right, that sounds reasonable. [Guillame] Yeah... fascinating is right, but so is eerie. [Ilphere] MMm, the Athenaeum... [Sanadhil] exactly - we want to see to what extent those similarities extend

  • Sanadhil nods to Ilphere

[Ysabeau] The river was all dried up last time we were here, but there is an island in it, just like our Imperial Island, only it has a temple to the serpent-god on it instead of a palace. [Sanadhil] Yes exactly - we found the remains of one abandoed library, and I am hoping for another!

  • Dominik nods and starts to head in that direction.
  • Dominik has his sword out

[Diablotin_Narrator] You make your way fairly swiftly to the island in the dry riverbed, where you found the temple last time. [Ysabeau] Where our Castalia is, there appears to be something more like you'd expect a seat of government to look like. [Diablotin_Narrator] As you make your way through the ruins, you once again catch glimpses of figures that startle or shock you. [Diablotin_Narrator] A man-like creature scurries around a corner on all fours, giggling manically.

  • Seth sends Nell directly above us to keep watch and to return if she sees anything more untoward than usual for this damnable place.
  • Ysabeau tries to ignore the apparitions.

[Alma] (It is known that Spokesmen can detect evil?) [Diablotin_Narrator] Guillame, a faded shape, almost too translucent to see, brushes against your shoulder as it passes, giving you a chill. [Diablotin_Narrator] (yes) [Alma] Danyel, do you sense anything?

  • Danyel keeps his weapon readied.
  • Ilphere keeps pace with Sanadhil.

[Alma] (Ser Danyel even.) [Danyel] No...

  • Alma nods.

[Ilphere] [w, to San] Are we saving the Spire for last...? [Alma] I could sense nothing on our last visit but... better safe than sorry.

  • Danyel nods.
  • Sanadhil nods

[Guillame] Gah

  • Guillame shudders

[Diablotin_Narrator] A woman in a ragged cloak, her breath hanging like fog in front of her as though it's midwinter, lays a baby-sized bundle on a step and runs away sobbing. [Diablotin_Narrator] A scream pierces the stillness as a flailing figure falls from a great height, blinking out of existance an instant before hitting the ground. [Alma] D: [Sanadhil] :| [Diablotin_Narrator] You reach the island without further incident, only slightly shaken by your visions. [Diablotin_Narrator] There are ruins of other structures on the island, apart from the (reasonably intact) temple. [Diablotin_Narrator] It's hard to say what they might once have been. [Guillame] We're still working on the assumption that these shades are reenacting past events? [Ilphere] Or even future ones.

  • Alma looks to Nycaise.

[Nycaise] There are more than usual here, but this is about what I expected. [Alma] So the entire plane features visions such as these? Always disturbing? [Sanadhil] How do the Shadar Kai deal with them - just ignore them? [Nycaise] Well, they don't encounter them as often as one does here. But when they do, they're accustomed to them, for the most part, and pay them little attention. [Ilphere] Fascinating...! [Alma] Never visions of positive things? [Seth] So they don't feel they have any interpretation whatsoever? [Nycaise] It's as though the absence of other life in this place allows them to flourish. [Nycaise] Positive things - it's hard to say. Strong emotions, certainly. [Sanadhil] interesting [Nycaise] They consider them shadows, reflections of things that happen in your world - and I see no reason to disbelieve their interpretation.

  • Seth nods pensively.

[Guillame] . o O (*Your* world?)

  • Ilphere nods.

[Diablotin_Narrator] You can map the island pretty easily.

  • Ysabeau listens carefully to Nycaise.

[Diablotin_Narrator] Where to next? [Ilphere] I must say, I am so glad to have you join us here...! Your insights are quite thought provoking...!

  • Sanadhil makes notes about the island generally, especially the locatin of the temple and so forth

[Ilphere] (so nothing of note in the Athenaeum area?) [Nycaise] I'm glad I was able to accompany you. [Diablotin_Narrator] Nothing standing, anyway.

  • Seth sketches as we travel, as much as he can.
  • Ilphere is a bit disappointed by that. :/
  • Ilphere takes notes as well.
  • Guillame makes less notes than he should, finding little of immediate interest.
  • Dominik tries his best to keep on guard while the researchers work
  • Alma is observing in general, as she's here mostly as a healer.
  • Sanadhil will head to the location of the garadn Vallon next, and move sort of clockwise from there
  • Guillame takes note of possible sewer/undercity entrances

[Sanadhil] (but, I don't actually know where G would have sad to look for enrtrances to the under city, but we will look in likely places along the way) [Diablotin_Narrator] (One place might be along the riverbed - walking along the bottom might reveal something?) [Sanadhil] (Okay, we can keep an eye out while we're crossing to the valon, and again when we cross in to the shambles, to use analogous names ;p)

  • Ysabeau looks for anything that might be of interest to her researches - but otherwise is on the lookout for trouble while the other scholars do their thing.

[Diablotin_Narrator] There is little on the other side of the river, apart from some rubble.

  • Alma might be curious of anything like a cemetary
  • Sanadhil makes lots of notes as well

[Diablotin_Narrator] The city is basically all on the 'north' side. [Sanadhil] (in that case, walk along the river bed towards pearl, recording what we can, then swing up towards the shambles) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok)

  • Ysabeau is probably out of luck unless we find some carvings or tattered remains of tapestries or some actual books or musical instruments.

[Alma] (Is there anything notable about any structures on the south side, as if it is prohibited or special in some way, or just everyone built on the north.) [Sanadhil] (that's all the newer city areas in our world as well, isn't it?) [Diablotin_Narrator] (the north is older, the south is newer, in your world) [Alma] (Ah yes.) [Sanadhil] (right, that's what I meant :) [Diablotin_Narrator] You search along the dry riverbank, looking for any sign of an entrance to a hypothetical undercity.

  • Ilphere flips down her goggles to examine any promising indentations/crevices!


[Diablotin_Narrator] You come upon a massive tree, its roots gnarled and twisted with age, towering at least twenty feet above your heads. [Alma] ... [Diablotin_Narrator] In the midst of its roots, which jut out from the bank so precariously that you wonder it doesn't fall over, you can see a hole, certainly large enough for a person to enter. [Sanadhil] well. [Alma] (There are no other plants like that here, are there?) [Ilphere] Hmmm.... [Diablotin_Narrator] There are other plants, but nothing this big.

  • Alma reaches out to touch it.

[Dominik] at least the sewars are not likely to be wet here. [Sanadhil] indeed [Diablotin_Narrator] The bark feels quite smooth and cool, Alma. [Alma] (Is it alive?)

  • Ilphere casts Detect Magic, just to see...

[Seth] How could such a thing exist here? What does it feed off? [Sanadhil] This is very much worth investigating, I think... [Diablotin_Narrator] There is no magic on the tree. [Ilphere] It's not magical... it must be natural...! [Ilphere] ...For a given value of natural. [Diablotin_Narrator] It has no leaves, Alma - it's difficult to judge, though - because as Seth said, what does it feed off?

  • Ilphere looks to Nycaise.

[Guillame] Something in the soil, I suppose... maybe we'll find out? [Ilphere] Have you seen such flora before...?

  • Alma wiggles a branch curiously to see if it is brittle
  • Sanadhil will investigate the hole - not gong on just yet, but I want a closer look for sure

[Nycaise] Not really - there are plants, but not many. [Nycaise] Alma, it's flexible, not brittle. [Sanadhil] it is possible to encourage natural things to grow in strange places with magic

  • Dominik will take a quick peer in the hole while Sanadhil investgates.

[Diablotin_Narrator] San, inside the tunnel is narrow and smells rank, but you think it seems to open up more after a short distance. [Diablotin_Narrator] (san and Dom, that is) [Sanadhil] The druids in Cozovodë do it on occasion...

  • Alma pulls out a small knife as if to take a cutting.

[Alma] ... it's not likely to be ... a creature is it?

  • Sanadhil says, as he crouches to lok inside

[Nycaise] There are sentient plants, but I don't think this is one of them, or it would have attacked us by now. [Sanadhil] (can i make a search check or anything to see if there is any sign of activity?) [Diablotin_Narrator] (sure) [Dominik] Are we going in? There is a tunnel deeper. [Sanadhil] (17) [Sanadhil] in a moment.

  • Alma takes a small cutting.

[Diablotin_Narrator] San - the dust of the ground is a bit disturbed, possibly something has been in/out of this hole in the not-too-distant past.

  • Alma examines the wood.

[Sanadhil] there has been something using this entrance [Sanadhil] ... [Sanadhil] we should be cautious [Alma] Perhaps we should visit other areas of the city instead of crawing into a deep dark hole?

  • Seth checks the tracks to find out what/who/how many.

[Diablotin_Narrator] (check away) [Sanadhil] We want to see if there is an analogue to the Rat undercity. [Seth] (27) [Guillame] This could be an entrance to an undercity, if one exists - we'd be remiss in not investigating [Ilphere] We are a large, strong group... I am in favour of investigating...! [Sanadhil] there seems to be a tunnel, as Mr. rademacher said.

  • Sanadhil ndos

[Alma] (Does the 'wood' of the tree appear moist?) [Dominik] Seth or Guillame should take the lead. Thier skills are better attuned to spotting dangers in such spaces. [Diablotin_Narrator] Seth, the tracks seem kind of ... slithery to you, maybe snake-like? [Diablotin_Narrator] Alma - yes, moist-ish. [Guillame] I'd gladly take the lead [Alma] Hmm.

  • Alma puts the bit of tree away.
  • Sanadhil nods, and looks to Seth

[Diablotin_Narrator] (you can put yourselves in order on gt - you can only enter single-file. [Alma] Must be water of some sort somewhere beneath. [Seth] Whatever has been through here, it leaves a single slightly curved track - like a snake or worm, perhaps a reptile. [Guillame] If there is an undercity analogue, I should be able to recognise its features... [Alma] ... lovely. [Ilphere] is up the front of the line] [Diablotin_Narrator] (yeah, up is front) [Ysabeau] Snakes... why is it always snakes?

  • Ysabeau follows the others in.

[Diablotin_Narrator] The area beneath the tree roots is nearly pitch-black. [Diablotin_Narrator] Trickles of dirt and dust fall onto you as you enter the underground passageway.

  • Ilphere brushes herself off.
  • Alma will open her lantern and aim the light towards the corners and ceiling of the place.
  • Sanadhil will tie a cloth over his hair to keep it ouf of his face
  • Alma looks to see if Guillame is wearing armour.
  • Guillame will sheath my shortsword, as there is no immediate threat

[Diablotin_Narrator] (you're rolling init...) [Sanadhil] (heh) [Guillame] (Missed that, sorry) [Sanadhil] (yeah dpon't do that ;) [Dominik] (joy 7) [Diablotin_Narrator] (Danyel has a 21, Nycaise has a 12) [Guillame] (20) [Seth] (6) [Ilphere] (21) [Sanadhil] (22) [Alma] (13) [Diablotin_Narrator] (Ysa?) [Ysabeau] (8 - I posted it in GT) [Diablotin_Narrator] (and I asked you to include it over here) [Diablotin_Narrator] Order will be San, Ilphere, Danyel, Guillame, SOMETHING, Alma, Nycaise, Ysa, Dom, Seth. [Ilphere] (can we see the SOMETHING before it acts?) [Diablotin_Narrator] (nope) [Diablotin_Narrator] (you might hear something, though) [Ilphere] (k) [Diablotin_Narrator] okay - those who beat a 19, you hear some slight slithery/rustling noise up ahead of you.

  • Sanadhil will hold his action to cast

[Diablotin_Narrator] okay - Ilphere?

  • Ilphere casts mage armour, unnerved slightly.
  • Danyel holds his weapon at the ready, but is right at the back so all he can really do is shout a warning to you guys that there's something in here.

[Diablotin_Narrator] Guillame? [Guillame] It sounds like it's moving along the floor...

  • Guillame takes a 5-foot step to the right and holds his action

[Sanadhil] 9I should specify hold action until target shows... )\ [Diablotin_Narrator] Suddenly the area ahead of you (and around some of you) is filled with a mass of weblike, shadowy stuff. [Diablotin_Narrator] (where the circle is) [Diablotin_Narrator] A spider- or octopus-like creature is only vaguely visible in the centre of a thicket of writhing supernatural shadow. [Diablotin_Narrator] Alma's turn. [Alma] (How hard would it be to cast?) [Alma] (nm, thank you Heather) [Diablotin_Narrator] You can cast. Moving might be more challenging...

  • Alma casts Daylight!
  • Alma backs out of the webbing

[Diablotin_Narrator] (okay - the thing seems to be displeased with the bright light!) [Diablotin_Narrator] Freedom of Movement? [Alma] (Yup) [Diablotin_Narrator] okay, np [Diablotin_Narrator] Nycaise will cast a MM in the direction of the thing. [Guillame] (Can I take my action to switch weapons?) [Diablotin_Narrator] (sure)

  • Guillame switches his shortsword for his longbow

[Diablotin_Narrator] Ysa's turn.

  • Ysabeau will start singing as usual, and try to shoot it with her crossbow.

[Diablotin_Narrator] okay, roll to hit [Ysabeau] (inspire courage +1 to all for your attack and damage rolls) [Diablotin_Narrator] (what do you roll?) [Ysabeau] (18+8 to hit is 26, 27 for my song no penalty for shooting into melee because I have Precise shot) [Diablotin_Narrator] okay - also roll a percentile, you want to roll high. [Ysabeau] (Checking to see if it's within 30 feet because if so I get another +1) [Diablotin_Narrator] (it's not) [Ysabeau] (32 for the percentile, not high :/) [Diablotin_Narrator] You don't think your arrow hit - the shadow stuff makes it hard to see exactly where the thing is, even with Alma's spell in effect. [Diablotin_Narrator] Dom's turn. [Dominik] (what do you roll to move through this stuff?) [Diablotin_Narrator] You find that to move toward it, there's no resistance. Moving away is the hard part. [Diablotin_Narrator] (moving away will require a Str. or Escape Artist check)

  • Dominik moves forward and attacks with his longsword... +5 into combat expertise for this round)

[Dominik] (ac 12) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok - that doesn't hit) [Diablotin_Narrator] It's Seth's turn.

  • Seth will move forward and attack also.

[Diablotin_Narrator] ('k roll) [Seth] (I assume I can't get behind it to flank?) [Seth] (like, that would be moving away from it? [Diablotin_Narrator] no [Diablotin_Narrator] yeah [Diablotin_Narrator] (well, you can take 5-ft steps around it, that doesn't count as moving away) [Seth] (31 to hit, 2 damage) [Seth] (right, that's no good to me) [Diablotin_Narrator] (roll percentile too) [Seth] (87) [Diablotin_Narrator] okay, and are you using a magic weapon, I forget [Seth] (nope) [Diablotin_Narrator] Ok - your blade made contact, but you don't think you damaged the thing's rubbery surface. [Diablotin_Narrator] People who held their actions and haven't done anything yet?

  • Danyel is moving up.

[Sanadhil] (argh)

  • Sanadhil will cast legion of Sentinels surrounding the thing

[Alma] (If I recall, that gives everyone flanking?) [Sanadhil] (right behind it, rather) [Sanadhil] (yup) [Diablotin_Narrator] ok [Diablotin_Narrator] So I guess we're around to Ilphere again.

  • Ilphere wings a flurry of magic missiles at it!

[Ilphere] (11 damage) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok, caster level check)\ [Ilphere] (is that just d20+) [Diablotin_Narrator] (yep) [Ilphere] (19) [Diablotin_Narrator] (okay, you think it was affected) [Diablotin_Narrator] Guillame. [Guillame] (What am I looking at? O_o) [Sanadhil] (there are technically sentinels in its square, and in dom's and seths as well, but they are incoporeal. They can take AOOs, and provide flanking bonuses)) [Diablotin_Narrator] A mass of shadow-stuff with something moving in the middle of it. [Sanadhil] (and litte ghost soldiers) [Diablotin_Narrator] (this thing is immune to flanking, just so you don't waste a lot of time figuring it out ;) [Alma] (Hopefully it does something that merits AOO :P) [Sanadhil] (yay -_-) [Guillame] (And... they're standing in seth and dominik and don't seem to be causing any problems?) [Alma] (Yes.)

  • Guillame swallows, steels himself and moves in to attack

[Diablotin_Narrator] (ok, make your roll to hit) [Guillame] (boo, 13 :/) [Diablotin_Narrator] (no hit) [Guillame] (er, 14) [Diablotin_Narrator] (still no) [Guillame] (Thought not :/) [Diablotin_Narrator] The thing lashes out with tentacles at those of you in range. [Diablotin_Narrator] (12 on Guillame, 27 on Dom, 15 on Danyel, 18 on Seth - lemme know if you're hit) [Dominik] (Miss.. thanks to combat expertise) [Seth] (missed me, AC 21 unless I have penalties from something) [Ilphere] (12 misses Guy) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok) [Diablotin_Narrator] Tentacles flail aimlessly, then. [Diablotin_Narrator] It also tries to bite Dom. [Diablotin_Narrator] and misses [Diablotin_Narrator] Alma's turn.

  • Alma (FoM is off) holds her action until someone gets hurt.

[Diablotin_Narrator] Nycaise will cast another MM. [Diablotin_Narrator] Ysa's turn.

  • Ysabeau will try casting Deep Slumber on it

[Ysabeau] (DC17) [Diablotin_Narrator] (it saves) [Diablotin_Narrator] Dom's turn.

  • Dominik repositions and attacks twice, keeping up full combat expertise for now.

[Diablotin_Narrator] ok [Dominik] (miss twice) [Diablotin_Narrator] k [Diablotin_Narrator] Seth's turn.

  • Seth coats his weapons with magic oil.

[Diablotin_Narrator] k [Diablotin_Narrator] Uh, who's still left... San and Danyel, I guess.

  • Danyel will attempt to attack it.
  • Sanadhil will try vertigo?
  • Danyel misses.

[Sanadhil] (will save) [Diablotin_Narrator] ok [Diablotin_Narrator] (10 probably doesn't make it - what does this do?) [Sanadhil] (it feels dizzy for the next 6 rounds) [Dominik] (dont forget its SR) [Diablotin_Narrator] (okay, but what's the actual effect :) [Sanadhil] (has to make a 10 balance check to move, and if it faisl by 5, ha, it falls over) [Diablotin_Narrator] (oh yeah, roll for SR too) [Sanadhil] (but it also takes -2 for attacks and saves) [Sanadhil] (37) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok, that works) [Diablotin_Narrator] Back around to Ilphere.

  • Ilphere begins to cast Summon Alien (IV).

[Diablotin_Narrator] Guillame?

  • Guillame steps back 5ft and shoots again

[Diablotin_Narrator] ok, roll to hit [Guillame] (ARGH 14 again :( Second attack.) [Diablotin_Narrator] (nope) [Diablotin_Narrator] It's turn. [Diablotin_Narrator] Again with the tentacles - 10ft is still in range, apparently. [Guillame] (Can I take my second attack?) [Diablotin_Narrator] (oh, sorry - I thought you were saying that was your second) [Diablotin_Narrator] (yes, go ahead) [Guillame] (Hee, no. 25 on the second :V) [Diablotin_Narrator] (a miss) [Guillame] ( :( ) [Alma] (Can we tell IC whether that is because of armour or evasion?) [Diablotin_Narrator] (It hits a 24 on Guillame, 27 on Dom, 15 on Danyel, and 25 on Seth.) [Seth] (hits me) [Diablotin_Narrator] (it's kind of rubbery, it probably has a good AC) [Guillame] (What's its range?) [Dominik] (it has -2 from vertigo... and its a miss before that anyway) [Diablotin_Narrator] (10 ft) [Diablotin_Narrator] (right, -2 to all of those, sorry) [Guillame] (k) [Guillame] (hits me) [Seth] (still hits me) [Diablotin_Narrator] Miss on Danyel. [Diablotin_Narrator] 7 damage on each of you who were hit. [Diablotin_Narrator] Also, it's going to try and bite Dom again. [Diablotin_Narrator] (er, no, Guy) [Diablotin_Narrator] (13) [Guillame] (Still 10ft range? 13 is a miss, anyway.) [Diablotin_Narrator] it took a step back [Guillame] It's following me! D: [Diablotin_Narrator] Ok, Alma's turn.

  • Alma moves in to CLW Seth

[Dominik] ( I take 2 AOOs since it moved [Diablotin_Narrator] (5 ft step doesn't get aoos) [Dominik] (both miss) [Dominik] (feat lets me take AOO if it takes a 5' step from next to me to next to me - exploit adjustment) [Sanadhil] (my sentinels get a millio AOOS and none of them do any damage even if they hit ;p) [Diablotin_Narrator] (indeed) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ah, right) [Diablotin_Narrator] Nycaise will move in to attack the thing as well, but can't get there this round. [Diablotin_Narrator] Ysa [Alma] (Seth is healed full)

  • Ysabeau will attempt to shoot it again since there is nothing else she can do.

[Ysabeau] (18 to hit) [Diablotin_Narrator] (miss) [Diablotin_Narrator] Dom's turn.

  • Dominik steps closer and attacks (no combat expertise)

[Dominik] (ac 34 and AC 27) [Diablotin_Narrator] (those will both hit, if you beat the concealment - roll percentiles) [Dominik] (9 and 8) [Diablotin_Narrator] (wow, that's unfortunate, this close you only need to beat 10% ;) [Dominik] (dammit... destiny reroll on one) [Diablotin_Narrator] sure [Dominik] (41) [Diablotin_Narrator] (okay, that's a hit) [Dominik] (14 magic) [Diablotin_Narrator] That definitely affected it. [Diablotin_Narrator] Seth's turn. [Seth] (5' step forward, attacking twice only) [Diablotin_Narrator] ok, roll to hit [Seth] (24, 28) [Diablotin_Narrator] the 28 will hit if you beat concealment, so roll percentile [Seth] (32, 6 damage) [Diablotin_Narrator] ok [Diablotin_Narrator] Danyel's go... [Diablotin_Narrator] (fail) [Diablotin_Narrator] And San. [Sanadhil] (San will hold his action for now) [Diablotin_Narrator] (it's the end of the round...) [Sanadhil] (yeah.... I know -_-) [Sanadhil] (I got nothin' :) [Diablotin_Narrator] (so basically you're just not acting this round?) [Sanadhil] (yes) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok) [Diablotin_Narrator] Ilphere, then.

  • Ilphere will cast magic missile as her vile mockery of a dire wolf appears and attacks!

[Ilphere] (18 damamge on MM, 21 CL check, now rolling for Ruffles) [Diablotin_Narrator] (don't bother, your mm killed it) [Diablotin_Narrator] the thing flails and collapses in a squishy heap. THe shadow-stuff disappears when it does too. [Ilphere] (oh dammit, waste of a tentacled horror!) [Dominik] What in the Void is that thing Ilphere? [Ilphere] Oh... [Ilphere] It's...

  • Guillame points his bow at it

[Ilphere] It's a dire wolf...? [Sanadhil] hmm. [Ilphere] Well, more or less...

  • Sanadhil eyes it

[Guillame] It's huge!

  • Alma eyes it warily.

[Ysabeau] It's... utilitarian, I suppose. [Ilphere] * Ruffles sniffs around and waggles an eyestalk at the party. [Alma] It's hideous. [Sanadhil] Yes well. [Alma] What sort of ... abominations are you summoning? [Ilphere] It's... special. [Ysabeau] Now now... maybe on its plane it is extremely attractive.

  • Ilphere says defensively.

[Sanadhil] I don't suppose it can...sniff around..? With... I thnk that is a nose?

  • Ysabeau chides Alma

[Sanadhil] And tell us if there are moe of these things? [Alma] I don't care what plane it's on, it's hideous. [Ilphere] It can scent very well but it can only remain in this plane for a short time. [Ilphere] Less than a minute, although it seems longer in combat...! [Alma] .oO( Saves me a dismissal... )

  • Ruffles snorts and blinks out of existence, as if on cue.

[Sanadhil] Ahh, indeed. [Ysabeau] My mother always used to say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all". [Seth] How intriguing. [Diablotin_Narrator] This cave/tunnel area seems to basically end a little way further back - this creature's lair, apparently. [Alma] Beholders aren't beautiful either.

  • Dominik will look around for anything of value/use... such as remains of other victems
  • Sanadhil will look a little further to see if there are other entrances.
  • Alma picks up the trinket she cast Daylight upon

[Sanadhil] (Also yes that :) [Diablotin_Narrator] In the back of the lair, you find, amidst the bones and remains of numerous creatures, a half-rotted leather bag with silvery coins and a few gemstones spilling out of it.

  • Alma gives it to Guillame.

[Alma] If you'd like to toss it ahead or anything...

  • Ilphere sticks close to Sanadhil, muttering about small-minded clerics.

[Diablotin_Narrator] Dom, your hand also closes around a slender stick, smooth and possibly made of glass. [Diablotin_Narrator] No other entrances that you can find, San.

  • Guillame lowers his bow, takes the trinket and quickly looks for his errant arrows... near Seth, I suppose ;)

[Ysabeau] Seth, could that thing have made the tracks you identified, or can we look forward to meeting more delightful inhabitants of this plane?

  • Sanadhil will cast detect secret doors ;_;

[Diablotin_Narrator] You don't detect any. [Sanadhil] (yeah I know ;_;) [Seth] (does it seem to be right?) [Sanadhil] that seems to be it then... [Dominik] Is this something important? [Alma] (So this room is a deadend?) [Ilphere] Could I see one of those coins...? [Diablotin_Narrator] (yes)

  • Sanadhil will dm the rod
  • Dominik hols up the glass stick
  • Alma will ask Danyel to see if any evil remains

[Diablotin_Narrator] The wand is magical, yes. [Sanadhil] it is magical... [Alma] how powerful?

  • Sanadhil peers more intently to see what he can gather for school, etc
  • Ysabeau collects her stray bolts.

[Seth] Yes, either this, or its kin, left the trail.

  • Dominik hands it to the casters to play with
  • Sanadhil looks it over

[Ysabeau] Thanks, Seth. [Guillame] There doesn't seem much "further" to throw it, alas [Ilphere] (/me rolls 18 on k: history to place the coins...)

  • Guillame hands the trinket back to alma

[Diablotin_Narrator] (medium powerful, Evocation on the wand)

  • Alma puts it in her pocket until we find another dark cave to foolhardily enter.

[Sanadhil] a mid powered evocation wand of some sort. [Diablotin_Narrator] Ilphere - they are platinum, you don't recognize the design. [Sanadhil] hmmm.... [Ysabeau] May I see the coins?

  • Alma will also look about the room.

[Ilphere] Yes, please have a look...

  • Ilphere passes them over.

[Diablotin_Narrator] When you examine the wand more closely, you can feel that it is tipped with a crystal in the shape of a sunburst. [Sanadhil] I can try and test it outside.

  • Ysabeau will compare them to the ones we found on the corpse in the temple - not at all similar?

[Ilphere] They're platinum, but I can't identify the design...! [Diablotin_Narrator] Different, yes, Ysa. [Seth] Let's not do anything foolish, M. Orecalo. [Sanadhil] (K arcana?) [Ilphere] (/me will also roll KA on the wand if possible) [Alma] Mr. Orecalo, it would be rather easy to determine what sort of wand it is once we get back. [Ysabeau] Me neither... But I know who could tell us something about them, back in the real world. [Ilphere] (uh I added the wroung colum... should have been 25 on history but oh well) [Sanadhil] (26) [Guillame] Yeah, I'd rather we not "evoke" anything unknown outside of... secure conditions [Ilphere] (25 KA also) [Sanadhil] It a wand.

  • Sanadhil says dryly

[Diablotin_Narrator] seems like it would make sense, both from the design and the location it was foumd, it would have some sort of light-related effect. [Sanadhil] some kind of light related spell. [Ilphere] Evocation spells are things like magic missile, burning hands and such Guillame... not likely to damage the caster...! [Alma] It's not powerful enough for the Sunburst spell, is it? [Alma] As lovely as the design is. [Diablotin_Narrator] (maybe something like Scorching Ray or Searing Light, perhaps?) [Sanadhil] Les powerfiul, but similar? [Sanadhil] Scorthcing ray, opr searing light, perhaps

  • Ilphere nods...

[Ilphere] That seems a likely guess... [Ilphere] It would make sense to carry such a weapon here, certainly...! [Ysabeau] Someone would probably like to look at this creature's flesh under a microscope. [Guillame] Well there's a bunch of people here who aren't the caster, aren't there? If it's light-related and we can work out what we think it is, that's different. [Sanadhil] as I say - it would not be difficult to test, though it would waste a charge. [Alma] Precisely. [Ilphere] It's rather like a bow, Guy... it shoots where you point it...! [Alma] Do we hope to know anything about the creature's poor victims?

  • Ysabeau cuts off a small sample for some weird naturalist back at the Society.

[Nycaise] Well, perhaps we should not linger here, in case that thing had a mate.

  • Ilphere explains patiently.
  • Sanadhil nos to Nycaise

[Sanadhil] (nods) [Alma] One moment please.

  • Alma takes small cuttings of clothing or armour etc. from a few of them and puts them in separate sample bags.

[Guillame] I know how a wand works O_o [Alma] Did you place the coins, Ilphere? [Seth] I agree, let's not tarry here overlong.

  • Ilphere shakes her head at Alma.

[Alma] If it were not for the tree above I'd suggest we burn the cave... [Ilphere] I'm not sure if Ysabeau had more luck. [Ysabeau] Brother Girouard would be able to tell us about them, if anyone can. [Alma] May I see? [Ysabeau] They're unlike the others we found in the temple.

  • Ysabeau passes them to Alma.

[Alma] Hrm. Platinum. [Sanadhil] lets press on, shall we? [Guillame] I was just concerned when we hadn't yet got a theory of what it actually *was*.

  • Sanadhil will leave the cave and hope that others will follow, if only to stop him from testing the wand :p

[Guillame] I suppose onwards is outwards now...

  • Guillame heads back toward the entrance.
  • Ysabeau follows him.
  • Dominik heads out as well and takes point
  • Ilphere goes along.
  • Sanadhil will press on, following the original plan

[Diablotin_Narrator] You head back out into the dry riverbed. You don't find anything else that looks like a potential entrance to an undercity. [Alma] Have you come across mention of a creature like that in your studies, Ms. L'averti? [Nycaise] It may be what is called a 'darkweaver' - I've never encountered one, but it seems to match the description I recall. [Alma] Native to this plane, I gather from the name? [Nycaise] Yes. Casting Daylight was probably the best thing you could have done, it seemed quite vulnerable to the light.

  • Sanadhil eyes the rod.

[Sanadhil] hmm. [Alma] Oh, well... I'm glad it wasn't a waste then.

  • Alma seems pleased.


[Diablotin_Narrator] You continue your mapping efforts, detailing what you can as you explore the ruins. [Diablotin_Narrator] Eventually, you're returning to the spire, I take it? [Sanadhil] (yes) [Ilphere] (yesssss( [Diablotin_Narrator] You make your way once more to the spire.

  • Alma will also keep her eye out for more personal trinkets like the one she found last time.

[Diablotin_Narrator] The great door stands partly open.

  • Ysabeau moves closer to Dominik as we approach the spire.

[Nycaise] This is the place you told me about? [Sanadhil] (Is that how we left it?) [Sanadhil] yes. [Guillame] Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you tell me we weren't planning to further investigate the spire this expedition, M. Orecalo? [Diablotin_Narrator] I presumed you didn't close it again, on the assumption you'd like to get back in? [Sanadhil] I said we weren't plannign further investigation of the *tempe*. [Sanadhil] (fair enough) [Sanadhil] (temple) [Sanadhil] Mlle. L'Averti asked specificlly to see the Spire [Guillame] No... I believe we were specifically discussing its inhabitant. [Sanadhil] Though we have no intentions of interfering with the Sleeper. [Sanadhil] well indeed

  • Ysabeau watches everyone very closely...

[Alma] Well it seems appropriate that Mlle. L'Averti be able to examine the spire. [Diablotin_Narrator] (you are discussing this outside?) [Sanadhil] . o ( considering noone else can even touch her.... ) [Guillame] Ok. I don't have anything against further research - I'd just like to be kept up to date... [Sanadhil] (yes) [Alma] Danyel, please keep your eyes open. [Danyel] Of course, Sister. [Ilphere] Shall we, then?

  • Sanadhil nods and will approach the door
  • Guillame follows
  • Ysabeau stays close to Dom, wherever/whenever he goes.
  • Ilphere steps forward eagerly.
  • Nycaise will enter as well.
  • Alma casts Deathwatch (non domain)
  • Danyel sticks close to Alma.

[Sanadhil] was there anything in particular you wanted to see here? [Diablotin_Narrator] (is everyone going in?)

  • Dominik will head inside, although he is very on guard

[Alma] (Alma is definitely not letting them visit the sleeper alone.)

  • Seth cautiously enters, Nell at his side.

[Diablotin_Narrator] From out of the darkness, a voice speaks. The words are in the Shadar-kai language, perhaps somewhat old-fashioned but still comprehensible to those of you who have learned it.

  • Ysabeau freezes.

[Ilphere] ...! [Voice] [s-k] Child of our blood, be welcome in these halls of learning. [Alma] ...

  • Voice is of middling range, could be male or female. It is hard to pinpoint where it is coming from, as it seems to be all around you.
  • Alma casts Tongues
  • Sanadhil looks at Nycaise

[Alma] (er Comprehend Languages)

  • Ilphere looks at Nycaise as well...

[Voice] [s-k] Answer now these questions, receive your reward, and avenge our deaths.

  • Ysabeau also casts Comprehend Languages

[Diablotin_Narrator] (ok)

  • Nycaise seems fascinated, if bemused.

[Diablotin_Narrator] A slightly brighter glow from one of the statue's niches attracts your attention. [Alma] This did not happen the last time...

  • Ilphere raises an eyebrow in sanadhil's direction.

[Sanadhil] indeed, no... [Ilphere] No indeed...! [Nycaise] We must have triggered a Magic Mouth or something of that sort. [Diablotin_Narrator] The statue, of a thin male of middle years, moves its mouth and speaks. [Sanadhil] someone... [Alma] Why now?

  • Sanadhil casts DM

[Diablotin_Narrator] [s-k] I turn my head, and you go where you wish. I turn it again, and you stay until you rot.

  • Seth stands cautiously, not understanding.

[Diablotin_Narrator] (that was the statue, ww) [Ilphere] A riddle...

  • Sanadhil translates for the others

[Sanadhil] a key?

  • Sanadhil asks in Aveyrone

[Ilphere] It could be... [Ysabeau] A threat? [Alma] Well guessed. [Alma] But what if you are wrong? [Seth] It must be ... of course, there could be translation issues that would render the puzzle incomprehensible in our tongue. [Ysabeau] Don't answer it just yet...

  • Ysabeau will see if she can get any Divine Insight...

[Sanadhil] possibly, but I do speak Shadar kai... [Nycaise] It probably will only accept the answer in Shadar-kai, in any case.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Sanadhil] Should I answer? [Ysabeau] (16 on my roll) [Sanadhil] or, should someone? [Ysabeau] Just a moment, I'm thinking! [Ilphere] Nycaise...? [Dominik] what is the answer? [Nycaise] I don't see why not - it did mention 'reward'.

  • Sanadhil nods

[Ilphere] Yes, and no mention of punishment. [Sanadhil] [sk] A key [Diablotin_Narrator] Ysa, you think San's answer is probably right, and you don't know what bad could happen as a result of trying. [Ysabeau] (thanks, too late anyway! ;) )

  • Statue 's glow fades and another one lights up, some distance away - it depicts a young-looking woman in armor with intricately-braided hair.

[Statue] [s-k] You must keep it after giving it. [Ilphere] A promise!

  • Ysabeau turns to face it.
  • Sanadhil nods to her
  • Ilphere says in the common tongue
  • Ysabeau nods.

[Sanadhil] yes [Ysabeau] You're right, I think, ilphere. [Seth] Well discerned, Ilphere.

  • Sanadhil again translates for the others

[Alma] One would have expected such riddles to be ... I don't know... Shadow-Plane-y [Ilphere] [sk] A promise... [Diablotin_Narrator] Another statue, this one of an elderly woman, speaks from across the room.

  • Sanadhil turns

[Statue] [s-k] Two bodies have I, though joined in one. The more I stand still, the quicker I run.

  • Alma casts DM and examines the whole room.

[Seth] An hourglass? [Ysabeau] Well, they lived, or some of them lived, on our plane, too. It is not so impossible that they were influenced by us, or that we were influenced by them.

  • Ilphere ponders...
  • Alma concentrates on the room while the others riddle away.

[Ysabeau] I'm not sure about that one, Seth... [Sanadhil] or a waterfall? [Sanadhil] hrm. [Sanadhil] neither seems quite right

  • Guillame wonders about what the question might be based on "an hourglass" and "a waterfall"

[Alma] [q] If you shake an hourglass the sands do not flow properly. [Ilphere] True, sister...

  • Sanadhil translates

[Seth] Exactly. [Sanadhil] very well [Guillame] Hmm... [Diablotin_Narrator] (Alma - illusion magic on the statues. Presumably Magic Mouth.) [Sanadhil] (i fact assume I keep translating.... although does Seth apper to speak Shadar kai?)

  • Alma checks to see if the statues now silent are still magic.

[Seth] (no, actually, I just assumed you were translating! :) [Guillame] It fits the "two bodies" better than a waterfall... [Ysabeau] Oh, you may be right after all, Seth.

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Sanadhil] (good) [Diablotin_Narrator] (no, they seem to have exhausted whatever magic they had on them)

  • Sanadhil will give the answer in Sk then

[Alma] (What about other statues, if this is not the last?) [Diablotin_Narrator] (uh... four more are magic, Alma) [Diablotin_Narrator] A statue of a woman, tending toward stoutness and with a hint of a smile on her lips, speaks the next riddle. [Statue] [s-k] If you have it, you want to share it. If you share it, you don't have it. [Sanadhil] a secret? [Alma] [q] Indeed. [Ysabeau] Yes. [Guillame] Why would you want to share a secret? [Ysabeau] Because it's hard to keep things to yourself! Especially exciting things.

  • Ysabeau smiles.

[Sanadhil] It's a riddle, not high philospphy.

  • Ilphere nods agreement.

[Guillame] Hmph... I suppose... [Seth] From this we conclude that ... M. Rionet is more trustworthy than Mlle Chanuier? ;) [Ysabeau] I wouldn't say that. [Ysabeau] If I have someone *else's* secret, I keep it.

  • Sanadhil shakes his head and will give the answer

[Diablotin_Narrator] A statue of a short, balding old man with a stooped back gives you your next challenge, in a raspy voice. [Statue] [s-k] You kill it if you name it. [Seth] Silence?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] Or nothing?

  • Sanadhil gives seth's answer

[Ilphere] Silence, I think. [Guillame] Nothing is still nothing with a name... [Ysabeau] I'm more inclined to Silence, too. [Diablotin_Narrator] A statue of a tall, strikingly handsome man with a cape speaks the next words. [Alma] No, it becomes something, which is not nothing. [Guillame] Of course, I could name silence silently... [Sanadhil] it was silence. [Statue] [s-k] Seas with no water, coasts with no sand, the towns hold no people, and the mountains no land. [Alma] Yes obviously. [Alma] Map.

  • Sanadhil tries that one

[Ilphere] Very good...! [Sanadhil] yes

  • Guillame nods

[Diablotin_Narrator] A statue of a woman, beautiful if not for a scar that mars her brow and descends halfway down her cheek, speaks the next riddle in a husky voice. [Statue] [s-k] I can bring back the dead, make you weep, make you laugh, make you young again; born in an instant yet lasting a lifetime.

  • Alma looks ot Nycaise as this all takes place.
  • Nycaise is just taking notes.

[Sanadhil] stories? [Alma] Memories? [Ilphere] Hmmm... memory was my first thought... [Sanadhil] ahh memory, yes [Alma] Stories must be crafted. [Ilphere] The 'born in an instant' part...!

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] In a sense.

  • Sanadhil gives Memory as an answer

[Diablotin_Narrator] As you speak the answer, there is a grinding of stone against stone, as the flagstones at the base of the stairs begin to slide, revealing further stairs leading downwards. [Alma] ... [Sanadhil] oh my....

  • Ilphere claps her hands with delight...!

[Ilphere] Let's go...!

  • Sanadhil sounds excited also

[Seth] Unless we got it wrong ... [Guillame] Yes...

  • Ilphere moves towards the stairs.

[Alma] Yes... [Sanadhil] I don't think we did [Ysabeau] Me neither.

  • Sanadhil will look down the stairs before proceeding though
  • Dominik stops being bored and joins the group
  • Ysabeau smiles at Seth.


[Diablotin_Narrator] The passage downwards is even darker than the rest of the building, and there is something of a musty odour about it.

  • Alma proceeds cautiously.
  • Sanadhil will search for traps?
  • Ysabeau jots down all the riddles asked... at last something that falls into her realm.
  • Alma has Deathwatch on in case there are any traps with dozens of bodies lying around htem :P
  • Guillame will also search for traps, when Sanadhil reminds him

[Diablotin_Narrator] You descend the stairs cautiously, keeping alert for possible traps, but don't detect any. [Diablotin_Narrator] At the bottom, you reach what seems to have been a store-room or treasure chamber of some sort. There are many recessed shelves carved into the stone, chests of various sizes lie open on the floor, and hooks to hang clothing or weapons are visible on the walls.

  • Seth searches the room (remaining alert for traps)

[Diablotin_Narrator] Most are only covered in dust now, but perhaps something remains... [Ilphere] (anything in the chests?)

  • Sanadhil will serch, yes :D

[Diablotin_Narrator] (search checks are in order)

  • Ilphere searches around, using her goggles so as to miss nothing
  • Alma checks for magic

[Sanadhil] (dm also yes) [Seth] (19 search) [Sanadhil] (10 serch... dm also though) [Ilphere] (40 :o) [Alma] (17 ;_;)

  • Guillame continues to search also

[Ilphere] (will also dm)

  • Ysabeau will let the others search, and keep a watchful eye for trouble.

[Diablotin_Narrator] Ilphere, at the very back of a high shelf, you find a ring made of glistening black stone - it's magic. [Ilphere] Oh, what is this...? [Guillame] (30)

  • Ilphere concentrates to try and pick up school, strength, etc...
  • Seth goes over to look.
  • Sanadhil will also cast detech secret doors

[Sanadhil] (detect)

  • Alma will also pick up odds and ends to determine ownership back home.

[Diablotin_Narrator] faint illusion, Ilphere.

  • Dominik stays near Ysa on guard while people search

[Diablotin_Narrator] Guillame, in the midst of a pile of crumbling rags that perhaps once used to be robes, there is a folded cloak in remarkably good condition, pewter-grey with a silvery trim. [Diablotin_Narrator] (also magic, for those of you looking at it)

  • Guillame examines it

[Guillame] I found something... a cloak

  • Alma checks to see if any of the chests are still closed, or would look particularly good in a study.
  • Ilphere puts the ring on for now and goes to look at Guy;s cloak.

[Ilphere] (str/sch?) [Diablotin_Narrator] moderate transmutation on the cloak [Ilphere] Hmmm... moderate transmutation...! [Ysabeau] If you spot any Shadar-kai sheet music or books of legends and fairy tales, please let me know. [Alma] Could be practically anything. [Guillame] What does that mean? It's not a cloak? [Diablotin_Narrator] Alma - all the chests are open, as though the place was ransacked at some point, but on the floor, hidden behind an otherwise-empty chest, is a pendant made of some sort of scale. [Alma] Lets clear out a chest and put the things inside. [Alma] Ooh, look at this. [Alma] (Is it magic?)

  • Ilphere feels the fabric and looks it over, trying to guess what it might be (K: arcana)

[Diablotin_Narrator] yes, faint transmutation [Ilphere] (only a 17 though) [Alma] Would one of your nice strong gentlemen find a chest that would be light enough to take with us?

  • Ysabeau goes to stand near the base of the staircase.
  • Danyel will do so.
  • Alma puts her odds and ends, cuttings of armour and clothing along with the pendant, into the chest.

[Ilphere] well, we can get these items identified once we've returned...! [Diablotin_Narrator] (you don't know, Ilphere - presumably not a cloak of resistance or something, as that would be abjuration)

  • Ysabeau peers upwards, hoping no one comes upon them now.

[Ilphere] (can I roll for the scale?)

  • Guillame folds and stows the cloak carefully.

[Diablotin_Narrator] (sure) [Ilphere] (never mind, got a 6 ) [Diablotin_Narrator] (no idea)

  • Sanadhil will look at the stuff other people have found, asuming there are no secret doors ;)

[Ilphere] (a.though that nets me 21 I guess) [Diablotin_Narrator] Your searching turns up nothing else. [Sanadhil] (23 on K arcana, yarr) [Diablotin_Narrator] (on what, the scale?) [Ilphere] Back upstairs, then...? [Sanadhil] (cloak ) [Alma] It's a shame one must waste a perfectly good pearl ot learn what all these t hings are. You'd think they'd have found a way to avoid that. [Sanadhil] (rolling on scale now) [Sanadhil] (32) [Sanadhil] (and ring as well - i think that is all?) [Ilphere] (I'll roll on the ring since I haven't yet) [Sanadhil] (22) [Ilphere] (lol 1) [Ilphere] (well 16 but pff) [Diablotin_Narrator] (cloak couldl be a cloak of charisma, or cloak of the bat, or cloak of the manta ray, san) [Diablotin_Narrator] (San, you think the scale would most likely be an amulet of natural armor.) [Sanadhil] The scale is likely an amulet og natural armour [Alma] Sensible, from the motif. [Sanadhil] the cloat could be a cloak of charisma, or a cloak fo the bat, or something along those lines [Sanadhil] (cloak) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ring could be invisibility, or something along those lines) [Sanadhil] ring is likely invisibilty [Seth] Hmm, very interesting indeed! [Sanadhil] It is possible to learn to actvate the items without identification, if you have a knack for it, or some training. [Alma] It would be funny if it was a cloak that, when you wrapped it around yourself in a flourish, could change your form.

  • Alma has honourable Ser Danyel carry the chest -_-

[Diablotin_Narrator] So you are heading back up the stairs, then? [Sanadhil] But apparently we would rather wait and spend the money. [Ilphere] Anyway, shall we move on?

  • Ysabeau glances over at Alma.
  • Sanadhil says dryly
  • Danyel will gladly do so.
  • Ilphere prods eagerly.

[Ysabeau] Why is that, Sister?

  • Sanadhil nods

[Alma] Ysabeau: It just seems nice and dramatic.

  • Ysabeau has a comb that basically does that.

[Ysabeau] Ah. [Guillame] Yes... let's move on. [Alma] Like the old tales of vampyr bats.

  • Sanadhil will head back upstairs
  • Guillame move up to Sanadhil
  • Ysabeau heads upstairs.

[Diablotin_Narrator] As you mount the spiral stairs, heading up into the upper reaches of the spire, you imagine you can feel the eyes of the statues upon you, even though they are now silent.

  • Ilphere heads up.
  • Ysabeau shivers.

[Alma] Sanadhil: But will you ever truly KNOW what the item is? I mean, perhaps it has two functions...

  • Seth nods to them respectfully as he passes.

[Guillame] What would those things do? A cloak of charisma would make you more... charismatic? But a cloak of the bat...? [Alma] They're no longer magical, Mr. Argo. [Diablotin_Narrator] You pass through the empty amphitheatre. It is easy to imagine the echoing voices of teachers, students, long since dead. [Sanadhil] I believe it allows you to fly? [Seth] Hmm. [Alma] And the ray? To swim? [Alma] Shall we take another look in here? [Sanadhil] somthing along those lines [Guillame] To fly? Incredible! [Sanadhil] If you like. [Diablotin_Narrator] You don't find anything in your searching of this room. [Alma] I wonder if they carve graffiti into the woodwork...

  • Alma checks

[Diablotin_Narrator] You pass onwards, up through the library, which you searched quite thoroughly last time. [Diablotin_Narrator] The next level contains what were presumably living quarters for whoever lived here. It is, as you recall from your last visit, subdivided into thirteen smaller rooms. [Diablotin_Narrator] This time, however, you have a palpable sense that you are not alone. [Sanadhil] ...

  • Alma uses Deathwatch to see if something is undead or a construct -_-
  • Ysabeau draws closer to Dominik.

[Ilphere] (hmm, I'm sure it will be to add a buffet table and not something horrible.) [Diablotin_Narrator] Alma - yep, undead [Diablotin_Narrator] aaaand, roll init [Alma] (10) [Sanadhil] (init?) [Ilphere] (5) [Sanadhil] (18) [Seth] (23) [Dominik] (20) [Ysabeau] (23) [Guillame] (14) [Diablotin_Narrator] Order wil be: Seth, Ysa, Dom, San, Guillame, Ghost, Alma, Danyel, Skellies, Nycaise, Ilphere. [Diablotin_Narrator] As you enter this level, you can spot a number of figures, skeletally gaunt, moving with jerky motions at the edge of your light. [Diablotin_Narrator] Eldritch energy seems to crackle about them as they stagger mindlessly toward you. [Diablotin_Narrator] A pale, translucent female figure hovers in midair, with floating white robes and long, fine hair that drifts in a breeze you can't feel. Her face is concealed with a mask decorated with ornate swirls and beading. [Diablotin_Narrator] Seth, you get to go first, lucky you ;) [Seth] (5' step to the skelly nearest me, then full attack) [Diablotin_Narrator] k [Sanadhil] (brb) [Seth] (16,18,16,24) [Diablotin_Narrator] (those'll all hit) [Seth] (3,2,3,3, wheee!) [Diablotin_Narrator] (so 11 total) [Seth] (yes, unless they have DR or take half damage or some such thing) [Diablotin_Narrator] k [Diablotin_Narrator] Ysa's turn.

  • Ysabeau starts singing, and will try to shoot one of them, as usual.

[Diablotin_Narrator] (which are you shooting at?) [Ysabeau] (nat 20 to hit for a 29 hit on Snookums) [Ysabeau] (I only rolled a 2 for my crit attack, though. :P) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok, damage) [Diablotin_Narrator] (they're not vulnerable to crits anyway) [Ysabeau] (bleah, a measly 2) [Diablotin_Narrator] Dom's turn.

  • Dominik moves up and swings at the ghost +3 in combat expertise

[Diablotin_Narrator] k [Dominik] (ac27... roll insubstantial? [Diablotin_Narrator] (yep, 50% miss chance - percentile, high will make it) [Dominik] (90... 9 magic damage) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok)

  • Sanadhil will step up behind Dom and cast haste

[Diablotin_Narrator] Guillame's turn.

  • Guillame will ready his bow and fire at the ghost

[Diablotin_Narrator] ok - hit, and also miss chance [Guillame] (How does miss chance work? Percentile?) [Guillame] (22 to hit) [Diablotin_Narrator] (yeah, high is good, low is bad) [Guillame] (63) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok, hit) [Sanadhil] (Julie - I can actually get Seth and Daynel in my haste as well) [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok) [Diablotin_Narrator] damage, guillame? [Guillame] (8 - I get +1 from point blank, and +1 from ysa, iirc?) [Diablotin_Narrator] (sounds right to me) [Sanadhil] (also Guillame and Alma - I dodn't realize ios qas 1 person/level :p) [Ghost_] [s-k] Will you pale savages give us no peace?! [Alma] ... [Guillame] (under breath) I... shot a ghost? [Alma] She speaks! [Alma] [s-k] Call back your undead and we will stop!

  • Ghost_ unloads a cone of cold on you all, which I believe can catch all of you in its area.

[Diablotin_Narrator] (36 damage, Ref. for half unless you have Evasion or whatever) [Alma] (ouch) [Seth] (save dc?) [Diablotin_Narrator] 19 [Alma] (Fail) [Ysabeau] (fail) [Dominik] (fail) [Seth] (made it) [Sanadhil] (save yay!) [Guillame] (Balls - 18) [Ilphere] (made it... too bad this is magical and not physical!) [Seth] (did you count your bonus from the haste?) [Sanadhil] (yeah +1 to reflex for hasted peeps) [Guillame] (I did not! Saved for no damage :V)

  • Sanadhil shudders from the cold
  • Nycaise and Danyel are still standing.

[Sanadhil] [sk] Your War is long over... [Diablotin_Narrator] It's Alma's action. [Alma] [S-K] Surrender and you will not be harmed, or face the might of the Gods of Aveyrone!

  • Alma turns

[Diablotin_Narrator] (ok - roll your d20 + Cha) [Sanadhil] ]:\ [Diablotin_Narrator] (ok, now 2d6+ your cleric level + cha for turning damage) [Diablotin_Narrator] Alma turns three of the skeletal creatures, which retreat back into their rooms. [Ysabeau] (Do the rooms have doors?) [Diablotin_Narrator] No, Ysa, not as such. They might once have. [Diablotin_Narrator] Danyel's turn - he's also going to turn undead. [Diablotin_Narrator] No success for him, alas. [Diablotin_Narrator] Now the remaining skellies move in for the kill... [Dominik] he should move to protect our squishy flank [Dominik] (sorry) [Diablotin_Narrator] Or rather, they would, except that a tall, thin figure, similarly ghostly, robed and masked, but with dark hair, appears from one of the rooms, bearing a book in his hand, looking for all the world as if he has been interrupted while reading. [Ghost_2] [s-k] Eldest leader, have you become unhinged?! [Ghost_2] [s-k] You attack our own people together with the savages! [Alma] ...

  • Ghost_ looks dubious, but the skeletons stop moving, as if awaiting her orders.

[Ilphere] (is he indicating any one of us in particular as he says this?)

  • Alma looks at Nycaise ...
  • Ghost_2 turns to you, Seth, and you can feel its eyes burning into yours.

[Ghost_2] [s-k] Do you come to avenge us? [Sanadhil] hmm.

  • Seth does not speak Shadar-kai and so is not following along.

[Ilphere] [sk, w] It's asking if you've come to avenge them...!

  • Sanadhil translates

[Ilphere] (not sk sorry) [Seth] No ...? [Ghost_2] [s-k] Do you come to wake the watcher-queen?

  • Ghost_2 seemed to understand your answer without translation, btw.

[Ilphere] [w] It wants to know if you're going to wake up the queen...! [Seth] No ... [Sanadhil] [sk] Could he?

  • Ysabeau casts Comprehend languages again since hers would have run out by now.
  • Ghost_2 seems despondent at that.

[Ghost_2] [s-k] How many years has it been? [Alma] [Cozovode] He most certainly will not. [Alma] [q]

  • Sanadhil translates so Seth can answer since it is aparently ignoring him
  • Ysabeau eyes Seth curiously.

[Ilphere] He might be able to bypass the ward...! [Seth] I don't understand what is going on here ... [Alma] Ilphere, contain yourself ]:| [Sanadhil] We suspected that there may be people of mixed heritage, apparently you are one.

  • Ghost_2 looks around at the rest of you.

[Ghost_2] [s-k] Some of you speak our tongue. [Sanadhil] [sk] It has been a very very long time. [Ilphere] [s-k] we come to study, not to fight...! [Ghost_] [s-k] Nathmur, let me finish them off! [Ghost_2] [s-k] I will not. [Ghost_2] [s-k] They are scholars. [Seth] Ah, we do not mean any harm to you. We wish to learn, that is all. [Sanadhil] [sk] We want to know what happened, to understand...

  • Sanadhil nods
  • Ysabeau nods too, since she can't speak S-k

[Ghost_2] Go on your way.

  • Ghost_2 says in your tongue.

[Ghost_2] Seek the truth. [Sanadhil] Thank you. [Ilphere] Thank you... [Seth] I shall. [Ysabeau] Would you be willing to answer some questions? An interview with you would probably help us find the truth much faster.

  • Ghost_ seems to dissipate and vanish, and the mindless undead fall lifeless to the floor.

[Seth] (so, do I feel anything? or sense anything weird?) [Alma] ... [Ilphere] I don't think he's giving interviews... :/ [Diablotin_Narrator] (I dunno, this is all pretty weird)

  • Ysabeau shrugs.

[Ysabeau] It was worth a try. [Sanadhil] (is the other ghost still here?)

  • Alma looks to the other ghost.
  • Ghost_2 raises his hand and traces a circle with his fingers, before also dissipating.

[Alma] (Oh that's the first) [Ysabeau] So, Seth... apprently your Nell took to you for a reason none of us could have guessed. [Ilphere] Was that... the sign of the wheel...? [Alma] (KA or Spellcraft ?) [Ysabeau] And I suppose your presence in here is triggering the riddles and now this ghostly attack. [Alma] (Or religion for that matter :o) [Sanadhil] if only you'd come in the first time! [Diablotin_Narrator] (not exactly the sign of the wheel, Alma, but it was reminiscent, anyway) [Alma] :o [Ilphere] Fascinating...! [Guillame] That was... amazing [Seth] When we were here before - I think I had a feeling that I should not enter. [Seth] Perhaps we were not ready then. [Ilphere] Yes, interesting that you should say that... [Sanadhil] Perhaps...

  • Dominik brushes the frost out of his hair

[Ilphere] I believe I have found a way that we might 'seek the truth...' [Seth] How so?

  • Seth sits down on the floor, cross-legged.

[Ilphere] I have been researching a spell, similar to Plane Shifting. [Ilphere] It would allow us to enter the dream, the mind of the sleeping queen.

  • Ysabeau casts Cure Moderate Wounds on herself, then looks around for anyone else who needs healing.

[Nycaise] o_O

  • Sanadhil looks a little frosted
  • Alma begins healing the assembled.

[Ilphere] (/me is pretty frostbitten as well, but very excited nonetheless...!

  • Seth is ok, only mildly chilled.
  • Ilphere is pretty frostbitten as well, but very excited nonetheless...!
  • Dominik will drink his potion so not to tax the casters
  • Seth takes a potion

[Nycaise] Enter her mind?

  • Sanadhil takes a potion also

[Alma] Dominik, unless you are expected that we are to be attacked again, that is a waste! [Ilphere] Yes... her dreaming subconscious. [Alma] Such a thing would clearly be unadvisable without consulting with... whoever they were. [Ilphere] The images would not be literal of course, but I have become somewhat practiced at the interpretation of dreams...! [Alma] Oh... [Alma] Oh! [Ilphere] They want us to find the truth.

  • Alma looks about beneath where the ghosts stood

[Ilphere] Actually they *want* us to wake her. [Sanadhil] indeed [Seth] Perhaps. [Alma] Yes but is that wise in itself? [Alma] You might recall that our ancestors destroyed this city. [Nycaise] Is there any risk to those who would enter this dream? [Ilphere] Waking her? No, I don't think it would be wise without some living Shadar-kai to mollify her. [Ilphere] I don't feel there would be any more risk than we already take in entering a plane not our own.

  • Ysabeau casts CMW on 2 more people, who will they be?

[Sanadhil] if there was a chance of hr waking, it would be dangerous, btu she has been stable for centuries [Ilphere] Precisely.

  • Dominik will take a spell
  • Ysabeau casts on Ilphere and Dominik, then.

[Guillame] Not to discourage taking action, but I don't believe people have been entering her dreams for years... [Ysabeau] (12 for Ilphere)

  • Alma casts CMW on herself

[Sanadhil] It won't affect her state [Sanadhil] or undo the stasis spel affecting her [Ysabeau] (18 for Dom) [Seth] I have to admit, I am curious, now, but I do not know how we know that it will have no effect on her. [Ilphere] There are some things to keep in mind... When we enter her dream, our appearances, even personalities *may* be changed temporarily... however all will return to normal once we come back to this plane. [Guillame] How can you know that it won't affect her state? [Ilphere] She will not know we are anything but a part of her dream. [Nycaise] And, if the spell is like plane shift, it is easy enough to return if things start to go badly? [Alma] We should rather try to contact these figures. [Ilphere] I have read a great deal of research on this spell. [Ilphere] And on Dream Travel in general.

  • Ilphere says authoritatively.
  • Sanadhil nods supportively

[Guillame] I support the action, by the way. But surely her mind under external influences is inherently in a different state to merely experiencing her own dreams? [Alma] What truth do you expect to find within her dreams? [Ilphere] To return I would have to re-cast the spell, that's all.

  • Ilphere says to Nycaise.

[Alma] He's set you on a quest, and not told you what it is, and you seek to find the solution somewhere he hasn't suggested? [Sanadhil] it is more like.... we woudl become internal influences, perhaps.

  • Sanadhil says to Guillame

[Ilphere] The truth of what happened here. [Sanadhil] no more disruptive than any other element of her dream [Alma] If that is it, could not the spirits have told us this? [Ilphere] Apparently not...?

  • Alma moves about the bodies touching each in turn to put it to rest.

[Dominik] The spirits aren't talking. This place isn't safe. Do it and be done with it. [Guillame] No... I don't agree. We'd retain our own selves, unless I'm wrong? In which case, we're foreign to her dream. [Ilphere] We adapt to her dream. [Sanadhil] yes.

  • Alma goes to check the room that the second ghost came from, for any clues.

[Ysabeau] Could something happen to us while we're in her dream? [Diablotin_Narrator] Alma - nothing out of the ordinary [Guillame] And yet, were I to become custodian of a building, I'd still be able to demolish it. I'm just saying we should be cautious, and not assume that our actions cannot have an effect. [Ysabeau] What if you *can't* cast the spell again, Ilphere? [Alma] Hrm. [Ilphere] As I said, there is risk, but no more than we take when we go into any other plane... [Ilphere] Why wouldn't I be able to...?

  • Ilphere asks innocently.

[Ysabeau] Well, I do not like going if only one of us can get us all out again. I would prefer if we had someone to serve as backup, in case something happens to you, Ilphere. [Seth] Well, if you were killed or incapacitated, I suppose. [Ilphere] What if someone changes the password on that portal while we are in here?

  • Ysabeau nods to Seth.

[Alma] Should we not at least rest and recover before doing something so rash? To enter the dreams of a potentially powerful and antagonistic leader of a nation our ancestors brought to ruin? [Ilphere] She will not know we are aliens!

  • Ilphere insists.

[Alma] She said the password would not be changed for four days. [Ilphere] Well, what if something happened to the portal then? What if, what if...! [Alma] We could return and ask her to give us extra time. [Alma] For that matter if we are stuck inside, I can send you home one by one! [Ysabeau] How about we finish what we were planning to do here, return to our world, find another person who can cast dream-travel, then return and attempt it? [Alma] .oO( Not without complication... ) [Sanadhil] Well there, then

  • Sanadhil says to Alma

[Ilphere] There *is* no one else, as far as I know. [Nycaise] At least one of us should remain out of the dream, so that in case anything goes wrong, they can report back - and get the password situation sorted out as well. [Sanadhil] We're not soley dependant on Ilphere

  • Alma was perhaps a little hasty, responding to Ilphere's arguments...
  • Sanadhil nods to Nycaise

[Alma] It's not qithout complications. [Alma] It is merely a disaster plan. [Ilphere] A backup plan, then/

  • Ilphere says triumphantly.

[Seth] Mlle l'Averti, are you volunteering to remain? [Alma] There's a chance you could end up on the wrong plane... [Nycaise] I will volunteer to remain outside, if you wish. This is your expedition, after all. [Seth] And you, Ser Danyel? You have not been asked to volunteer for this. [Danyel] I... I will do as Sister Alma asks of me.

  • Danyel looks at Alma.

[Alma] Well, are we particularly safer in numbers inside the dream, or would we be better guarded out here?

  • Alma asks Ilphere.
  • Ysabeau looks very uncomfortable, and waits to hear the reply Alma will get.

[Dominik] best not leave anyone alone behind [Ilphere] Well, Danyel could stay with Nycaise. [Dominik] two sets of eyes are better than one to keep them safe [Alma] Nycaise? [Nycaise] I would be comfortable remaining on my own, but a second pair of eyes would come in handy if the duration is going to be longer than a few hours. [Ilphere] There will be nothing to guard here... The concern about the portal is the greater issue. [Alma] Why are you so concerned that they will close the portal early, a portal which has remained for centuries? [Nycaise] And if there are two of us, one could remain to await your return while the other returns to the portal. [Ilphere] On the off chance that we are not able to return right away. [Ysabeau] Dom, you're going, then? [Ilphere] Not the portal, the password. [Alma] Very well. One of you can return to the portal and request that they wait until we return.

  • Ilphere clarifies.

[Danyel] Very well, Sister.

  • Dominik nods

[Dominik] Its my job

  • Ysabeau nods.

[Alma] Will our wounds persist in the dream, Ilphere? [Alma] It might be best to heal first, otherwise. [Ilphere] It seems unlikely. [Alma] Alright. [Ilphere] Let us go to the sleeper, then... [Ysabeau] I'd rather stay here with Nycaise and Ser Danyel. I have a little sister to take care of and I don't know anything about this dream travel. I can't risk not being able to return to her. I can't abandon her.

  • Ysabeau looks quite stressed out.

[Ilphere] The choice is yours, Ysabeau...

  • Ilphere says, but seems a bit surprised and disappointed.

[Sanadhil] You'd be at no more risk there than you are here already, or travelling through the ethereal plane to return. [Sanadhil] besides which - this will be our best chance to learn anything more about these ancient people - their lives, their stories, their beliefs.... [Ilphere] The truth...! [Sanadhil] I can't imagine why anyone with you training would want to miss out on that ;o [Sanadhil] :o [Alma] We don't intend to be gone any longer than we already planned... and here is your chance to know the story, if that is indeed what we learn. [Seth] Mlle. Chanuier, every one of us has ties in Diablotin. There is, nonetheless, a greater purpose here.

  • Ilphere moves toward the stairs.

[Sanadhil] indeed [Sanadhil] it is your choice, however

  • Sanadhil follows after Ilphère
  • Dominik looks at Ilphere and then approaches Ysa
  • Ysabeau looks quite petrified, actually.
  • Alma looks to Ysabeau with sympathy and then follows the trouble twins.
  • Ilphere begins to climb up toward the sleeping sovereign.

[Dominik] Come with us. Ilphere may be strong headed about these things, but I know she didn't plan this without believing she would be get out of it.

  • Ysabeau glances up at Dominik.

[Ysabeau] Murienne... Murienne needs me. I can't not come back to her. [Dominik] You think I'm walking into this thinkin' I'm not coming back? [Ysabeau] Our parents went out, expecting to come back.

  • Ysabeau says bleakly.
  • Dominik shakes his head

[Dominik] Why did you come then? This place is likely just as dangerous. [Dominik] forget that... [Dominik] I want you to come with me.

  • Ilphere waits by the sleeper for the others.

[Ysabeau] Why? [Sanadhil] ...do you need physical cpntact to cast the spell?

  • Ilphere shakes her head.

[Ilphere] No, thankfully...! [Sanadhil] good [Ilphere] In the same room should be sufficient. We will all need to join hands. [Alma] That's good, it would prove particularly awkward if you realised you were inside her dream when the anathema took effect. [Dominik] Because having you close makes me feel that much better about being here and doing this. [Alma] I would still prefer that we take an evening to rest. [Ysabeau] Why do we all immediately assume the only way we can learn what happened is by... doing that? [Ysabeau] There are other ways, other avenues we could pursue. [Dominik] that was the plan the whole time. [Dominik] IF you have a problem with that, then its between you and your good friend up there who is likely going to need you. [Dominik] I need to go. [Ysabeau] I was under the impression that we would be making sure that that sleeper was left alone, when I agreed to come. [Alma] I wonder if Seth can touch her. [Alma] I'd like to be able to read her possessions. [Sanadhil] ough :V [Ysabeau] I thought that was our plan, Dom. [Dominik] This is the best way to learn without touching the sleeper... even Sister Alma agreed... which amazed me.

  • Ysabeau glances at Nycaise and Danyel.

[Dominik] And I can make sure they don't do anything in there that wakes her up. [Dominik] or at least try to [Dominik] not that I know much about magic [Dominik] wish me luck.

  • Dominik gives Ysa a quick kiss

[Ysabeau] Dominik, wait... [Ysabeau] I promised.

  • Ysabeau says, miserably.

[Ysabeau] Just give me a moment to give them a message in case we don't come back.

  • Dominik nods
  • Ysabeau writes something out for Murienne through tears and gives it to Ser Danyel and Nycaise.
  • Danyel will keep it safe.

[Dominik] [w] I'll make sure you make it back. [Dominik] [w] If I have any say or means in it

  • Ysabeau squeezes Dominik's hand and nods.
  • Ysabeau has many misgivings.

[Ilphere] We must all join hands...

  • Ilphere repeats when the stragglers arrive.
  • Dominik heads up with Ysabeau
  • Nycaise and Danyel will wait off to one side.
  • Guillame joins the... circle? Line?
  • Ilphere reaches for Sanadhil and Guillame since they are closest.

[Ilphere] (let's say)

  • Sanadhil taks her and whoever's hands are closest
  • Alma will join hands with Ysabeau and ... Guillame!
  • Ilphere is clearly eager to begin.
  • Ysabeau is still holding onto Dominik's.
  • Seth will hold whoever's hand, he's still rather stunned by all this.

[Ilphere] (c'mon seth) [Ilphere] (that's everyone right?)

  • Dominik grabs San's hand and smiles :)

[Diablotin_Narrator] You grip one another's hands tightly.

  • Ilphere begins to cast, eyes on the sleeper.

[Diablotin_Narrator] As Ilphere speaks the incantation, your surroundings begin to fade away into a grey mist... [Diablotin_Narrator] Your eyes are fixed on the sleeping queen, as if you cannot look away, no matter how much you might wish to, and her motionless form is the last thing you see. [Diablotin_Narrator] The first thing you see is colour - on eyes so long deprived, it strikes you almost painfully, even in the twilit gloom that shrouds the city.

  • Ilphere blinks.

[Diablotin_Narrator] Saraknyel, capital of Andusk, and (despite its enemies) the most powerful city on the continent, in the year 2495 since the Fall of the Shadow. [Diablotin_Narrator] Under the rule of its shadar-kai masters, ably assisted by their human collaborators, it has grown over the past two thousand years to dominate the area from the headlands of the Gul'ared river all the way to the coast. [Diablotin_Narrator] You can feel yourselves becoming yourselves, and yet *not* yourselves... changed by different lives, different pasts, in a different city, in a different line of time... [Diablotin_Narrator] The End, for now.


Solos