Difference between revisions of "Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 65"

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "{{subst:YOAWsession}}")
 
(Session)
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{subst:YOAWsession}}
+
 
 +
{{logtoc|Ye Olde Adventure Worlde|}}
 +
==Summary==
 +
[[Induriel]] excutes his traps for [[Lord Damasuhu]] and his companions and is successful after a fashion in detaining the other warlock.  [[May]] is succesful in banishing the Leviathan, but despite [[Eyllia]]'s navigational skills, the [[Iron Drake]] and two other ships are lost. [[Laris]] comforts [[Rufus]] after losing his troops in the siege.  Laris repositions and redistributes Allied troops to harass the Turathi, and they score a new victory. IN the aftermath of the battle [[Korivan]] is visited by the River Spirit, who informs him of new Imperial mischief afoot.
 +
 
 +
==Session==
 +
: Session date: 2020-07-19
 +
 
 +
 
 +
===Induriel launches his traps===
 +
<br><Induriel> As I recall, I was plotting a horrible doom for Damasuhu in the Feywild...
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Indeed
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Do you have any preparations before going to the Feywild?
 +
<br><Induriel> Well, I think I described the kinds of things I wanted to happen there. If there are rituals I can peform beforehand to enhance my power before the final confrontation, I suppose I would perform those too.
 +
<br><Induriel> And I *do<br>* want to create an illusion or pocket dimension that will make him think he's emerged at his goal at some point, if only to get clues about what his objective is/was.
 +
<br><Induriel> But preventing him from actually leaving, since it may be to turn invisible and stalk May or something. Don't want that!
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Roll me a Knowledge test
 +
<br><Induriel> !roll 5d6
 +
<br>* Daifan rolls for Induriel: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 3 3 1 3 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 4 3 4 1 6 ] for a total of [ 18 ].
 +
<br><Induriel> Two rollers! :O
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You can find some possible rituals for that, but they are difficult and involved processes.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Binding him would be relatively easy.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Conceptually.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The illusion would be difficult to create and maintain.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> But you might be able to lean on your new powers for that.
 +
<br><Induriel> It wouldn't have to last long, either. Just long enough to get an idea of what he's up to.
 +
<br>* Junan (vess@CPE589630e09e0d-CM589630e09e0b.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Essentially, you could try to wing it in the Feywild, but you really don't have the time to prepare anything like that ahead of time.
 +
<br><Induriel> I think I did make a roll last time to get an idea of the terrain, though.
 +
<br><Induriel> So I can at least use that.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Yes, that all is doable.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> I mean specifically the illusion to feed him false information/present a fake world for him.
 +
<br><Induriel> Ah. Well, we'll see how I feel about it when we get to that point. :D
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Ready to head into the Feywild, then?
 +
<br><Induriel> Preventing him from getting there is the main priority.
 +
<br><Induriel> Sure!
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Essentially, the moment you decide you're ready to do so, you know how. You'll simply need to trance, and you can pass over into the Feywild.
 +
<br><Induriel> I shall do so!
 +
<br><Induriel> "Six Green Legionnaires, on a mission to strive / One stepped in a faerie ring, and then there were five..."
 +
<br><Induriel> "Five Green Steel Legionnaires stand by a pond's shore / One saw his reflection, and then there were four..."
 +
<br>* Junan is now known as Eyllia
 +
<br><Induriel> "Four Green Steel Legionnaires approaching a tree / One got absorbed into its trunk, and then there were three..."
 +
<br>* NPC1 is now known as Tulgar
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You find yourself once again in Lady Morelos's garden. Before you stand hulking beings, feral of mien and of terrible countenance.
 +
<br><Tulgar> Lord Induriel. We are at your service.
 +
<br>* Induriel nods
 +
<br><Induriel> I thank you. I have come up with a plan to accomplish our Lady's bidding...
 +
<br>* Induriel outlines the potential traps and ambush points he has come up with
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The tulgar grin ferociously.
 +
<br><Tulgar> They will not see this day's end.
 +
<br>* Induriel nods
 +
<br><Induriel> Let us begin, then. One by one, until only their leader remains.
 +
<br><Induriel> And then...
 +
<br>* Induriel shrugs
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Roll me Warfare (Tactics), with 3 bonus dice.
 +
<br><Induriel> (I don't have any, so that would only be three. Can I consult these guys for their input, & hence some sort of bonus, first?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Your Warfare should be 2 unless you have a flaw.)
 +
<br><Induriel> (Ah, I didn't realize. Never mind, here I go!)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (And consulting them is the 3 bonus dice)
 +
<br><Induriel> !roll 5d6
 +
<br>* Daifan rolls for Induriel: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 6 5 1 6 2 ] for a total of [ 20 ].
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 4 4 1 2 3 ] for a total of [ 14 ].
 +
<br><Induriel> (The 20 was first! :P )
 +
<br>* Remote is off
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (I'll count it. I'm counting the Daifan rolls. May I suggest spending a Destiny point to turn the five into a test die, for a 17 total?)
 +
<br><Induriel> (I will accept that suggestion, yes, thank you. :D )
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You outline your plan, with input from the denizens of the realm. At length, you set out to meet your foes.
 +
<br><Induriel> (I expect Damasuhu may have brought people with different talents, so of course I will try to pit them against traps that take advantage of their weaknesses rather than their greatest strengths.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The first meets their fate from one moment to the next. The unobtrusive ring of mushrooms acts like a silent mine. The Legionnaire steps off the path, onto the ring, and is gone.
 +
<br>* Daifan is now known as Korivan
 +
<br>* Longpig (Longpig@dhcp-198-2-104-116.cable.user.start.ca) has joined #gnomeland
 +
<br>* ChanServ sets mode: +o Longpig
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The is closest to a small still pond as they stop to decide their next move. Movement on the water catches their eye, but it is only their reflection. They lock eyes with it for only a moment, and then they are looking up at their comrades, staring out from the water and beating their fists against the impenetrable mirrored surface of the pool.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Their silent shouts go unheard by their comrades, who cast worried glances about and continue.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The group passes into a small clearing beneath the broad branches of an ancient tree. They give it a wide berth, but a whispered voice on the wind beckons the last in line closer. Unable to resist, they turn to see a vision of sylvan beauty, a dryad leaning out of the tree and beckoning them closer with supernatural allure.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Their comrades notice too late as the Legionnaire succumbs to the dryad's embrace, pulling them into the tree.
 +
<br>* NPC2 is now known as Damasuhu
 +
<br><Damasuhu> (mutters) Idiots.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The fourth is gone almost as quickly as the first. A wrong step into the quickest of quicksand, an aborted scream, and they are gone.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Damasuhu and his remaining companion are wary, watchful, but the companion makes the mistake of unconsciously slapping at a walrus fly landing on their arm. A moment later, the swarm descends and there is nothing but bones a mere fifteen point nine seconds later.
 +
<br><Damasuhu> Clever.
 +
<br><Induriel> (Hmmm. He seems to realize what's going on?)
 +
<br>* Damasuhu 's form goes hazy, and a moment later there is a panther where the gnome stood, a fey beast as much of shadow as flesh. Another moment, and it, too, is gone, faded from sight.
 +
<br>* Induriel summons a mist in the area, to outline this beast if it has turned invisible
 +
<br>* Induriel also summons a ward around himself, the panther come after him
 +
<br><Induriel> (Unless I can only do one at a time?)
 +
<br><Induriel> Tulgar, can you smell him out?
 +
<br>* Induriel asks quietly
 +
<br>* Tulgar sniffs.
 +
<br><Tulgar> I don't smell anything.
 +
<br><Induriel> (Can I extend mystic senses or something to figure out what he did?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> There's a scream from one of the tulgar out of your sight, who was surrounding the gnome warlock.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (You can roll Awareness.)
 +
<br><Induriel> (Any bonuses?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (1 bonus die, let's say.)
 +
<br><Induriel> !roll 3d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 2 1 4 ] for a total of [ 7 ].
 +
<br><Induriel> (Meh.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You have a sense of workings around you, but nothing you can really track.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> There is a chorus of howls, followed by another scream.
 +
<br><Induriel> (Can I pinpoint the sound?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> It's distorted, but on the other side of the mist from you, maybe 50 feet away.
 +
<br><Damasuhu> You've got talent. But I've been doing this for a while.
 +
<br><Induriel> (If I can, I will turn myself and the remaining tulgar invisible, but generate an illusion of one that can be seen, with the intention of attacking him when he goes for it.)
 +
<br>* Damasuhu 's voice seems to come from several places at once, echoing oddly.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You and the tulgar fade from sight, leaving an image of one still visible, still vulnerable.
 +
<br>* Induriel prepares to trap Damasuhu when the attack comes...
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> With your mystical senses alert, you feel several forces converging on the image.
 +
<br><Induriel> (Are they him? Or only his magic?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (You have no way of telling.)
 +
<br><Induriel> (I guess we'll see what happens!)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Dark shapes coalesce out of the shadows, pouncing upon the image of the tulgar.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Will for the binding)
 +
<br><Induriel> (That's a base 6 - do I get to use Rituals too? Anything more for my new warlocky status?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Just the base six. Your warlock status is what's letting you do it on the fly.)
 +
<br><Induriel> !roll 6d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 5 2 4 1 6 5 ] for a total of [ 23 ].
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> A ring of brambles grows in a perfect circle around the image and the dark shapes, the vines interweaving in a complex ritual pattern.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> A moment later, you feel a terrible pain and are knocked to the ground, a heavy weight atop you and hot breath on your neck.
 +
<br><Damasuhu> A pity. You show promise.
 +
<br>* NPC3 is now known as Morelos
 +
<br><Morelos> As do you, Lord Damasuhu.
 +
<br><Morelos> But I will kindly ask you to release my emissary, lest I grow cross.
 +
<br>* Damasuhu growls.
 +
<br><Damasuhu> I have acted solely in self-defense.
 +
<br><Morelos> On the contrary. You could have fled.
 +
<br>* Damasuhu huffs.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The weight is suddenly gone.
 +
<br>* Induriel stands, trying to sense where his invisible assailant might be
 +
<br><Damasuhu> I applaud your maneuvering, my Lady.
 +
<br>* Damasuhu is now standing next to Induriel.
 +
<br>* Damasuhu will have offered him a hand up.
 +
<br>* Induriel will accept it, cautiously
 +
<br>* Damasuhu sighs.
 +
<br><Damasuhu> I am at your mercy, my lady.
 +
<br><Morelos> Nonsense. You played the game well.
 +
<br><Morelos> Please, allow me to offer my hospitality before you return to your master.
 +
<br>* Damasuhu scowls, but nods.
 +
<br><Damasuhu> Your humble servant.
 +
<br>* Morelos nods graciously.
 +
<br><Morelos> My servants will see to your needs.
 +
<br>* Induriel bows to Lady Morelos, then (less deeply, but politely all the same) to Damasuhu
 +
<br>* lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.charlton.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
 +
<br><Morelos> Lord Induriel, walk with me.
 +
<br><Induriel> Yes, my Lady.
 +
<br>* Induriel joins her as he is bid.
 +
<br>* Morelos is in her hag guise, and takes Induriel's arm, walking slowly. She waits until out of earshot of Damasuhu before speaking, humming to herself in the meantime.
 +
<br>* Induriel steels himself for a reprimand, fearing that he has failed to carry out her commission
 +
<br><Morelos> Elegantly done, my dear. Were the flies your idea, or happy coincidence?
 +
<br><Induriel> Mine, my Lady, I must admit. I tried to think of the more horrifying creature I could...
 +
<br><Induriel> But I hope you are not disappointed. I fear I was not able to fulfill your orders as completely as I thought you wanted.
 +
<br><Induriel> I thank you for intervening to save my life.
 +
<br>* Induriel bows again
 +
<br><Morelos> On the contrary, you performed beautifully. And think nothing of my stepping in. Your actions allowed me to do so, and I couldn't lose an asset so soon acquired.
 +
<br>* Morelos smiles.
 +
<br><Induriel> I am glad to have served you as you wished, then.
 +
<br>* Induriel smiles back
 +
<br><Morelos> Alcarinel had no idea what she had in you. I think I have made a wise choice.
 +
<br><Induriel> What will happen with Damasuhu now, my Lady? He returns to his master, but his mission unfulfilled.
 +
<br><Morelos> Oh, I will return him to his true master in time.
 +
<br><Morelos> But I made no promises as to how long he would be my guest.
 +
<br>* Induriel smiles wider, then laughs out loud
 +
<br><Induriel> An excellent end to the affair! No harm to your kinsman, but Damasuhu's other master is left hanging.
 +
<br><Induriel> I don't suppose I can find out what his mission was? Assassinating Mamitu? Some other task?
 +
<br><Induriel> Well. Perhaps I will have the chance to discuss it with him during his stay... though I fear he may not be forthcoming about it.
 +
<br>* Induriel smiles again at the thought of Damasuhu being sidelined
 +
 
 +
===The Allied Navy Faces the Leviathan===
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Okay, May, you're taking ritualists with you to go deal with the leviathan, yes?
 +
<br><May> (Yes)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> How many?
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> This *is<br>* a big working.
 +
<br><May> (Faire and Temu and whoever else I can spare)
 +
<br><May> (Maybe 10 total? Would that be reasonable?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Totally. That's about half of House Lalu's sorcerers.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Okay, we y'all going to bring any reinforcements with you? Any other preparations?
 +
<br><May> (Hmmmm...)
 +
<br><May> (Maybe some archers for support. Another ten or so.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> I mean, you do have more ships. I believe the Drake had four ships with her when she went south, and they're on station down there. In theory, there are 10 more ships available.
 +
<br><May> Oooooooh
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia? Thoughts?
 +
<br><May> ((Well, we should leave some of those for harbor defense in case they slip by us, but maybe half of them?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (All right. The cheapest option would be to take the rest of the Corvis and HOEO ships with you, and leave the ile Nyara Oorun ships for harbor defense.)
 +
<br><May> (Ok.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You can make preparations and be underway with all due haste. What's the plan of engagement?
 +
<br><May> (Do we have a Terry?)
 +
<br><Eyllia> we can take the other ships... how many do you need for the rituals?
 +
<br><May> (We only need one ship for the ritual, I assume, the others are to keep the thing occupied while we cast it.)
 +
<br><May> (I can get all the ritual circles and things ready on the way there.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Roll me a Knowledge check
 +
<br><Eyllia> (im guessing we can do a reverse V formation, with the Drake at the center of the V, let the lead ships engage beast/enemy ships, when it shows itself and engages a ship, the Drake brakes from the center and gives you the chance you need
 +
<br><May> !roll 5d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 1 5 4 1 4 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
 +
<br><May> (I'm assuming research doesn't count since I don't have my library)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Right.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You *think<br>* you've got a handle on the banishing, but it won't be easy or quick.
 +
<br><May> I think we can do this, but it will take time. How long do you think the ships can hold that thing off?
 +
<br><Eyllia> how many ships are you willing to lose?
 +
<br>* May blanches a bit at that question.
 +
<br><May> If we don't hold them off we lose all of them.
 +
<br><Eyllia> then you should have a good amount of time
 +
<br><Eyllia> only really need to use a couple to keep the enemy ships busy
 +
<br>* May nods.
 +
<br><May> We knew this wasn't going to be easy.
 +
<br>* Eyllia nods
 +
<br><Eyllia> we should get the captains together before we get to close, and make sure everyone understands the plan
 +
<br>* May nods.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You can rendezvous with your other ships, who will report no more sign of the beast thus far.
 +
<br><May> (Ok, then we start searching?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me a Persuasion test first)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (And then Eyllia, roll me a Warfare test)
 +
<br><Eyllia> (we head south and find thier ships, and should find the beast... if we find ships and no beast, those ships are in for a world of hurt)
 +
<br><May> !roll 3d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 6 4 2 ] for a total of [ 12 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (persuasion)
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 4d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 3 3 5 1 ] for a total of [ 12 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 1d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 1d6 ] getting [ 6 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (17 persuasion)
 +
<br><Eyllia> (command for the warfare apply?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Sure)
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 5d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 2 3 1 4 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (12)
 +
<br>* Laris (Laris@d24-55-209-79.home4.cgocable.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 202 seconds)
 +
<br>* Laris (Laris@d24-55-209-79.home4.cgocable.net) has joined #gnomeland
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Your fleet heads south, pushing further from Nesu Abamatu, but you eventually spot the Turathi ships. They'll immediately move to flee.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> May, you and your sorcerers will sense a massive magical force nearby under the water, presumably the leviathan.
 +
<br><May> It's here...
 +
<br><May> Everyone get in your positions!
 +
<br>* May will start the ritual
 +
<br>* Eyllia gets the Drake ready to move in when one of the lead ships engages
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The ship furthest to port, the Seafang, shudders, and you see tentacles rise out of the water to grasp the ship. Shapes swarm over the hull onto the deck.
 +
<br><Eyllia> It's those smaller aquatic demons... are to repell boarders!
 +
<br>* Eyllia will get the Drake to move in for the ritual
 +
<br><Eyllia> (are should be be ready)
 +
<br><May> (Shoot, I was going to bring Marcus to protect my body in just this eventuality)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The Drake moves in as the Seafang is pulled under, the snapping hull thundering over the water.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (I think you said you did. Like, said it last time.)
 +
<br><May> (Ok, I thought so)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> A second ship, the Fortuna, comes under assault as you close. The nearer ships circle to lay down fire, but it can do little to aid the doomed vessel.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Tuck, make your ritual roll)
 +
<br><May> !roll 9d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 9d6 ] getting [ 2 6 2 3 3 6 5 6 4 ] for a total of [ 37 ].
 +
<br><May> (27)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Terry, make me an Agility test and an Awareness test, please)
 +
<br><Eyllia> (does acrobatics apply to the agility?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Not on this roll, no)
 +
<br><Eyllia> (Agility)
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 5d6+6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 5d6+6 ] getting [ 2 1 4 3 2 ] for a total of [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 18 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (awareness)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (There's not really a "piloting a ship" skill, so this is my approximation.)
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 4d6+6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 4d6+6 ] getting [ 1 1 3 5 ] for a total of [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 16 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (wow some really bad rolls for me)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Want to use Destiny for any of them?)
 +
<br><Eyllia> (ill burn one to add 5 to the Agility test for piloting)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The water's turned choppy from the creature's movements, but Eyllia keeps the Drake on course and pulls within range before the leviathan has disentangled from the Fortuna.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> May, the creature's will feels at first an unassailable edifice, but your ritual finds the weaknesses, the cracks through which you can begin to break down it's grasp on this plane.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Will, Tuck.)
 +
<br><May> (Straight will?)
 +
<br><May> (Or with ritual?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Just Will)
 +
<br><May> !roll 5d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 6 4 3 4 4 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
 +
<br>* Morelos is now known as Demon
 +
<br><Demon> (In May's head) I see you, scion of the false gods.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The creature sinks below the waves once again, but May, you can feel it coming towards you.
 +
<br><May> (psy) Then you will see my power as well, and that of my gods.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Moments later, the Drake lurches, and massive tentacles rise to envelop the ship.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> At the same time, the first of a wave of the lesser piscine demons vaults over the side of the ship onto the deck.
 +
<br><May> Get out of my damn ocean, you overgrown cuddlefish!
 +
<br><May> (Cuttle :3)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, roll Fighting. Time to repel some boarders.)
 +
<br>* Eyllia will move to defend May and the casters
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 10d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 10d6 ] getting [ 4 1 4 3 2 5 6 5 3 4 ] for a total of [ 37 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (29)
 +
<br><May> Nice!
 +
<br><May> (ww)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The demons swarm over the deck, the crew of the Drake putting up a desperate fight. Eyllia, the screams of your friends and crew mix with the shuddering cracking of your ship in a horrifying cacophony. Eyllia, Meghan, Lysa, and Marcus lead the defense of May, Faire, and the other casters.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> As the smaller demons close in, you see glowing markings encircle the tentacles, crawling along the beast's skin. Hymns in the divine language of the Turathi gods stream across its flesh, burning with purifying flame.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The creature howls, but its hold falters, and you can see it dissipating as they fall limply back into the water. The boarders howl in chorus, terribly screeching as they, too, are encircled and banished in fire and blood.
 +
<br><Eyllia> (how bad is the Drake?  She sinking or just hobbled?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> She's taking on water quickly. You're not sure the crew is in any shape to save her.
 +
<br>* Eyllia hopes the remaining ships know to finish the enemy fleet.
 +
<br><Eyllia> Watersouls!  Save who you can!  The Drake has felled the leviathan, but at the cost of herself!
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You can divert one of your ships to aid the survivors on the Drake (and the one's off the Fortuna and the Seafang) and still have the remaining Turathi outnumbered two to one.
 +
<br><Eyllia> (with a single escort ship and the rest transports... it should be a decisive end to them)
 +
<br>* Eyllia will find May
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Indeed. You get as many as you can off the Drake, and will receive reports later of a full victory over the Turathi fleet. Two sunk and two captured, though they'll need some repairs.
 +
<br>* May will help get the ritualists and others off the boat.
 +
<br><May> Eyllia... the Drake... I'm so sorry...
 +
<br><Eyllia> The leviathan is defeated.  It was a price worth paying.
 +
<br><May> I hope so. We've turned the tide for now, but the tsunami is still coming.
 +
<br><Eyllia> not by sea it aint
 +
<br>* May grins at that.
 +
 
 +
===Laris and Rufus share a moment on the road===
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Laris, you're managing the retreat back into friendly territory. The Turathi are in pursuit, but Agrath's working bought you time, so you're not as harassed as you might be otherwise.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz and his mounted troops and cover the rear, slowing the enemy without engaging.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> What's your plan for your troops right now?
 +
<br><Laris> (I think the plan was to retreat back to the fortress and use that opportunity to regroup.  I'd like the Hrieffen mounted troops to do just what they're doing and keep bugging the enemy and doing stuff like interfering with their supply chain and picking off their stragglers and so on, without engaging in a big way.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (*nod*)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Are any troops moving back to Nesu Abamatu?
 +
<br><Laris> (do I have any that are so depleted or injured that it doesn't make sense to keep them here? if so, I'd send those back so they can receive proper treatment.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> No, you got everyone out, so they're all still ready to fight.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Minus Rufus's troops.
 +
<br>* Tulgar is now known as Rufus_Metillius
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Speaking off)
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> Is pretty quiet following the fall back from the wall.
 +
<br><Laris> (ok. then no, I'll keep them with me, but I will send messengers back to NA to let them know of the situation, hopefully hear back from them about what's going on there, etc.)
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> (sorry, that was supposed to be a /me)
 +
<br>* Eyllia is now known as Vess_AFK
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (I'll assume you'll get word back about Induriel, Eyllia, and May's actions by the time you get to your fort.)
 +
<br><Laris> (ok)
 +
<br><Laris> Is something troubling you?
 +
<br>* Laris will ask Rufus when we have a few spare moments
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> Hmm? No...not really.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> I'm mission ready, I promise.
 +
<br><Laris> I'm not worried about that.  I know you will be.  I'm just concerned for you.  I know you don't like to lose any of the risen...
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius nods.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> It's an important duty, leading them. A sacred trust.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> They did their duty, and I did mine.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> I've just...never lost that many.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> It was necessary and I don't regret it.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius says quickly.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> But still...
 +
<br><Laris> Just because it was necessary and the best option we had doesn't make it easier to accept.
 +
<br>* lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.charlton.irccloud.com) has joined #gnomeland
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius half smiles at Laris.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> I knew you'd understand.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> I don't know if I ever told you this, but I'm related to one of them.
 +
<br><Laris> No, I didn't know that.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> We keep the records of whose remains are in our units, same as we keep track of living soldiers.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> One of my risen, it was an older cousin of mine. Died of a fever before I was born.
 +
<br><Laris> I'm sorry.
 +
<br>* Laris puts a hand on his arm.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> I inherited him from my former commander when I took over the unit.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius shakes his head.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> It's not like I ever knew him. But it always made me feel better.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> Like he was watching out for me.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> And I was honoring him.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> My own personal lares.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> As opposed to my personal Laris.
 +
<br>* Laris smiles at that.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius smiles, looking a bit better.
 +
<br><Laris> I think he would be honoured to have been able to protect you in that way. 
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius nods.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> Well, your familial spirits stood us in good stead, as well.
 +
<br>* Laris nods.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> Thank fate for the Kai Do Arat.
 +
<br><Laris> It won't surprise them again, but it was effective once, anyway.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius nods.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> This is where we needed it.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> The real siege is coming.
 +
<br><Laris> Yes... I just hope it comes here, and that they don't manage to bypass us.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> If they try, we shove a thousand spears up their backsides. ;)
 +
<br>* Laris smiles at that.
 +
<br><Laris> We will do our best, at any rate.
 +
 
 +
===Plannig the next phase of the campaign===
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The trip back to your castle (we need to start naming these fortifications ;) ) proceeds as uneventfully as a retreat before a numerically superior foe can go, but you get your troops ensconced in the castle or across the river without a major engagement.
 +
<br><Laris> (whew)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Should Kraaz continue his harassing? There's a point where it will become difficult for him to link back up with you if so.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Not impossible, mind, but more difficult.)
 +
<br><Laris> (well, how is it going? is it having some effect/being productive? or does it seem like it's just wasting their efforts?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Status)
 +
<br><Laris> !roll 4d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 2 3 2 6 ] for a total of [ 13 ].
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> To the extent you are able to get reports, the seem to be effective. Ferko and Harbinger report disorganization among the Turathi troops as they make their advance, and Kraaz and his cavalry are clearly able to supply themselves from their raiding for the time being.
 +
<br><Laris> (I'm happy to let them continue, then.  They won't be much help inside the walls and I can't imagine Kraaz would enjoy that much anyway.  They can keep them busy and on the defensive, and hopefully prevent them from trying to just sidestep us in the fort and head straight to NA.)
 +
<br><Laris> (They're more useful out there, and I will have to trust Kraaz to keep doing what he's doing and not do something dumb like try to engage them head on or whatever ;)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (He's not actually an idiot, and he's learned a lot from Laris. He's conserving their strength and waiting for the real battle.)
 +
<br><Laris> (heh, I know.  I was just teasing :)
 +
<br><Laris> (Keep treating it like raiding, the goal is to keep them off balance and whittle away at them and prevent them from doing stuff like easily scouting or hunting or gathering supplies, etc.)
 +
<br>* Induriel (Mibbit@mtrlpq4396w-70-53-212-137.dsl.bell.ca) Quit (Quit: https://mibbit.com Online IRC Client)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (nod)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz will keep up the pressure, making it difficult and annoying for the Turathi to advance, and unable to do anything without significant numbers.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> They'll end up dividing troops, roughly a third to the fort and two-thirds towards Nesu Abamatu.
 +
<br><Laris> (well, it's better than all of them heading to NA I guess :/)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The Stormeye and his patron will continue to make their lives miserable, which has the added benefit of swelling the river.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> How are you troops divided between NA and the fort? 50/50, 60/40, etc.?
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Your*
 +
<br>* Vess_AFK (vess@CPE589630e09e0d-CM589630e09e0b.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 204 seconds)
 +
<br><Laris> (I think what I had with me was my personal archers, and then the green undead and veteran undead infantry.  I left the regular undead infantry at NA from the start.  I can also have sent the veteran undead infantry back, maybe? I think they'll be more useful there, and I can command the less experienced ones better than someone else can.  if that works?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Sorry, I meant overall troops.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Doesn't have to be a detailed answer, just overall 'coalition' forces.
 +
<br><Korivan>  (Includies ally deploymentd etc - probably jst a general number?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Allied forces. Whatever you want to call them.
 +
<br><Laris> (ah okay.  I would like them to be about 60/40, with the 60 on NA, as it's more valuable to protect.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Okay, cool.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You have a solid opportunity here, then, per your planning. Since the Turathi have split their forces, they outnumber you just under 3:2. If you can coordinate with Kraaz, though, you would outnumber them 4:3, with a significant cavalry advantage.
 +
<br><Laris> (That would be good! if I can get word to Kraaz I will try to coordinate that, then.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Status again)
 +
<br><Laris> (I assume not with Stewardship?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Actually, yes with Stewardship :) )
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (This is basically an organization roll ;) )
 +
<br><Laris> (ah okay :)
 +
<br><Laris> !roll 6d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 2 3 2 2 1 6 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
 +
<br><Laris> (so 14, enh)
 +
<br><Laris> (sorry, 13. I mathed wrong.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (I mean, that's not terrible, but you've also got Destiny if you want)
 +
<br><Laris> (can i .. yes, I was going to say, I could use a Destiny there?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, I think your best bet is to burn one point for the +5)
 +
<br><Laris> (ok, will do)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Ferko gets word to Kraaz, and you're able to coordinate an offensive before the Turathi have their siege camp complete or their engines set up.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Warfare)
 +
<br><Laris> !roll 8d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 8d6 ] getting [ 3 5 1 4 2 4 6 3 ] for a total of [ 28 ].
 +
<br><Laris> (25)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The battle begins just before dawn, the majority of Kraaz's troops (and yours) having some form of low-light or darkvision. Their camp is aflame before the sun is fully in the sky. Your troops sally forth from the castle to join the battle.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator>  While the Turathi put up a ferocious defense, they fall before the combined forces. Some manage to retreat, Hrieffen and Katalal riders harrying their flight, as you accept the surrender of the acting Turathi commander, her predecessor having fallen shortly beforehand.
 +
<br><Laris> (yay!)
 +
<br>* Demon is now known as Kraaz
 +
<br>* Kraaz will ride up to where Laris is overseeing the aftermath.
 +
<br>* Kraaz is grinning, though his face is bloody. Most of it isn't his.
 +
<br><Kraaz> A fine morning, cousin.
 +
<br>* Laris nods.
 +
<br><Laris> Good work, cousin.  How are your troops?
 +
<br><Kraaz> Well enough. They're chasing down stragglers, but they'll need to leave off and regroup soon enough. Let them run back to their compatriots. We'll hunt them down there.
 +
<br>* Kraaz frowns for a moment.
 +
<br><Kraaz> Montano is wounded, but he should survive.
 +
<br><Kraaz> Huge spirit, that one.
 +
<br><Kraaz> And your troops?
 +
<br><Laris> (how are they?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (30% casualties, thereabouts. Maybe a third of those dead.roughly 200 dead, 400 wounded.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Much worse for the Turathi.)
 +
<br><Laris> We took our losses, but many will recover.  I hope the same will be true for Montano.
 +
<br>* Kraaz nods.
 +
<br><Kraaz> We'll rest, then I assume move on to Nesu Abamatu?
 +
<br><Kraaz> Assuming they don't retreat?
 +
<br><Laris> Yes.  We can pin them between us and the walls of the city.
 +
<br><Kraaz> Then we can end this.
 +
 
 +
===Korivan recieves a concerning visrion from the river spirit===
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, presumably you took part in the battle, though not likely in the front line by any means.
 +
<br><Korivan> (probably not.  more support stuff, mostly, but some battle magic never goes amiss :)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> *nod*
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You'll have your hands full tending to the wounded and dead, seeing their spirits off to join your ancestors.
 +
<br>* Korivan is so full ;p
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Hee)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> That evening, as you lay down, exhausted, you'll hear a familiar voice in your ear.
 +
<br>* Kraaz is now known as River_Spirit
 +
<br><River_Spirit> Gaath Korivan...
 +
<br><Korivan> River @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> (am I actually awake or not?  I assume... not really)
 +
<br><Korivan> I see you grow strong from the surge of the storms @_@
 +
<br><River_Spirit> I do, but the imperials befoul my waters with their filth magic.
 +
<br>* Korivan frowns
 +
<br><Korivan> To what end?
 +
<br><River_Spirit> They move over my surface and dam my flow.
 +
<br><Korivan> We have shown them a great defeat.... but they will regroup.
 +
<br><Korivan> If we can aid you, and stop them... will you then lend us your strength, to end them at the city @_@
 +
<br>* River_Spirit nods.
 +
<br><River_Spirit> They must be stopped.
 +
<br><River_Spirit> They will...change me, if they continue.
 +
<br><Korivan> I see @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> that is ...unacceptable.
 +
<br><Korivan> Can you ....show me @_@ where
 +
<br>* River_Spirit extends her hand.
 +
<br>* Korivan will take ot
 +
<br><Korivan> (it)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Korivan finds himself streaming down the river towards Nesu Abamatu. He has a momentary sense of events great and small along the water. A deer warily bends to take a drink. A hawk dives to catch an struggling fish. An exhausted and wounded Turathi soldier wades in to get a drink, but never rises.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Suddenly, he is assaulted by a feeling of bitter cold and terrible wrongness, and he comes to a halt.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> A wall of ice has spanned the river bed, demons of ice and hatred swarming over its surface, shaping and maintaining it, as Turathi troops march over it.
 +
<br><Korivan> (do I have any sense of where this is?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Not far upstream from Nesu Abamatu)
 +
<br><Korivan> (okay)
 +
<br><Korivan> (I assume there's not much I can about this her ein the moment, but I want to get a sense of the scale of the working,s and nay like... magical weeaknesses here if I can.  Or physical ones I guess, other than like, ice cold fire bad ;)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Awareness)
 +
<br><Korivan> !roll 6d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 6 2 1 4 1 2 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
 +
<br><Korivan> (14)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (It's less an individual working and more just something but by the summoned creatures. So, it doesn't have a specific weak point, but it's in general vulnerable to conventional or magical attack.)
 +
<br><Korivan> (That's what I figured, cool)
 +
<br>* Korivan will let her know that's enough for now
 +
<br>* River_Spirit looks worried, but nods.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Korivan wakes up back in his tent.
 +
<br><Korivan> I will find a way to stop them @_@
 +
<br>* Korivan says as he is waking.... and then will roll out of his furs and go find Laris IMMEDIATELY
 +
<br>* Korivan will send someone to find some booyagh and ritualists and such as well
 +
<br><Laris> (remember stealth skeletons next time ;)
 +
 
 +
==Solos==
 +
 
 +
{{YOAW}}{{YOAW-logs}}

Revision as of 18:34, 25 July 2020

Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session Next

Summary

Induriel excutes his traps for Lord Damasuhu and his companions and is successful after a fashion in detaining the other warlock. May is succesful in banishing the Leviathan, but despite Eyllia's navigational skills, the Iron Drake and two other ships are lost. Laris comforts Rufus after losing his troops in the siege. Laris repositions and redistributes Allied troops to harass the Turathi, and they score a new victory. IN the aftermath of the battle Korivan is visited by the River Spirit, who informs him of new Imperial mischief afoot.

Session

Session date: 2020-07-19


Induriel launches his traps


<Induriel> As I recall, I was plotting a horrible doom for Damasuhu in the Feywild...
<YOAW_Narrator> Indeed
<YOAW_Narrator> Do you have any preparations before going to the Feywild?
<Induriel> Well, I think I described the kinds of things I wanted to happen there. If there are rituals I can peform beforehand to enhance my power before the final confrontation, I suppose I would perform those too.
<Induriel> And I *do
* want to create an illusion or pocket dimension that will make him think he's emerged at his goal at some point, if only to get clues about what his objective is/was.
<Induriel> But preventing him from actually leaving, since it may be to turn invisible and stalk May or something. Don't want that!
<YOAW_Narrator> Roll me a Knowledge test
<Induriel> !roll 5d6
* Daifan rolls for Induriel: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 3 3 1 3 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 4 3 4 1 6 ] for a total of [ 18 ].
<Induriel> Two rollers! :O
<YOAW_Narrator> You can find some possible rituals for that, but they are difficult and involved processes.
<YOAW_Narrator> Binding him would be relatively easy.
<YOAW_Narrator> Conceptually.
<YOAW_Narrator> The illusion would be difficult to create and maintain.
<YOAW_Narrator> But you might be able to lean on your new powers for that.
<Induriel> It wouldn't have to last long, either. Just long enough to get an idea of what he's up to.
* Junan (vess@CPE589630e09e0d-CM589630e09e0b.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #gnomeland
<YOAW_Narrator> Essentially, you could try to wing it in the Feywild, but you really don't have the time to prepare anything like that ahead of time.
<Induriel> I think I did make a roll last time to get an idea of the terrain, though.
<Induriel> So I can at least use that.
<YOAW_Narrator> Yes, that all is doable.
<YOAW_Narrator> I mean specifically the illusion to feed him false information/present a fake world for him.
<Induriel> Ah. Well, we'll see how I feel about it when we get to that point. :D
<YOAW_Narrator> Ready to head into the Feywild, then?
<Induriel> Preventing him from getting there is the main priority.
<Induriel> Sure!
<YOAW_Narrator> Essentially, the moment you decide you're ready to do so, you know how. You'll simply need to trance, and you can pass over into the Feywild.
<Induriel> I shall do so!
<Induriel> "Six Green Legionnaires, on a mission to strive / One stepped in a faerie ring, and then there were five..."
<Induriel> "Five Green Steel Legionnaires stand by a pond's shore / One saw his reflection, and then there were four..."
* Junan is now known as Eyllia
<Induriel> "Four Green Steel Legionnaires approaching a tree / One got absorbed into its trunk, and then there were three..."
* NPC1 is now known as Tulgar
<YOAW_Narrator> You find yourself once again in Lady Morelos's garden. Before you stand hulking beings, feral of mien and of terrible countenance.
<Tulgar> Lord Induriel. We are at your service.
* Induriel nods
<Induriel> I thank you. I have come up with a plan to accomplish our Lady's bidding...
* Induriel outlines the potential traps and ambush points he has come up with
<YOAW_Narrator> The tulgar grin ferociously.
<Tulgar> They will not see this day's end.
* Induriel nods
<Induriel> Let us begin, then. One by one, until only their leader remains.
<Induriel> And then...
* Induriel shrugs
<YOAW_Narrator> Roll me Warfare (Tactics), with 3 bonus dice.
<Induriel> (I don't have any, so that would only be three. Can I consult these guys for their input, & hence some sort of bonus, first?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Your Warfare should be 2 unless you have a flaw.)
<Induriel> (Ah, I didn't realize. Never mind, here I go!)
<YOAW_Narrator> (And consulting them is the 3 bonus dice)
<Induriel> !roll 5d6
* Daifan rolls for Induriel: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 6 5 1 6 2 ] for a total of [ 20 ].
* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 4 4 1 2 3 ] for a total of [ 14 ].
<Induriel> (The 20 was first! :P )
* Remote is off
<YOAW_Narrator> (I'll count it. I'm counting the Daifan rolls. May I suggest spending a Destiny point to turn the five into a test die, for a 17 total?)
<Induriel> (I will accept that suggestion, yes, thank you. :D )
<YOAW_Narrator> You outline your plan, with input from the denizens of the realm. At length, you set out to meet your foes.
<Induriel> (I expect Damasuhu may have brought people with different talents, so of course I will try to pit them against traps that take advantage of their weaknesses rather than their greatest strengths.)
<YOAW_Narrator> The first meets their fate from one moment to the next. The unobtrusive ring of mushrooms acts like a silent mine. The Legionnaire steps off the path, onto the ring, and is gone.
* Daifan is now known as Korivan
* Longpig (Longpig@dhcp-198-2-104-116.cable.user.start.ca) has joined #gnomeland
* ChanServ sets mode: +o Longpig
<YOAW_Narrator> The is closest to a small still pond as they stop to decide their next move. Movement on the water catches their eye, but it is only their reflection. They lock eyes with it for only a moment, and then they are looking up at their comrades, staring out from the water and beating their fists against the impenetrable mirrored surface of the pool.
<YOAW_Narrator> Their silent shouts go unheard by their comrades, who cast worried glances about and continue.
<YOAW_Narrator> The group passes into a small clearing beneath the broad branches of an ancient tree. They give it a wide berth, but a whispered voice on the wind beckons the last in line closer. Unable to resist, they turn to see a vision of sylvan beauty, a dryad leaning out of the tree and beckoning them closer with supernatural allure.
<YOAW_Narrator> Their comrades notice too late as the Legionnaire succumbs to the dryad's embrace, pulling them into the tree.
* NPC2 is now known as Damasuhu
<Damasuhu> (mutters) Idiots.
<YOAW_Narrator> The fourth is gone almost as quickly as the first. A wrong step into the quickest of quicksand, an aborted scream, and they are gone.
<YOAW_Narrator> Damasuhu and his remaining companion are wary, watchful, but the companion makes the mistake of unconsciously slapping at a walrus fly landing on their arm. A moment later, the swarm descends and there is nothing but bones a mere fifteen point nine seconds later.
<Damasuhu> Clever.
<Induriel> (Hmmm. He seems to realize what's going on?)
* Damasuhu 's form goes hazy, and a moment later there is a panther where the gnome stood, a fey beast as much of shadow as flesh. Another moment, and it, too, is gone, faded from sight.
* Induriel summons a mist in the area, to outline this beast if it has turned invisible
* Induriel also summons a ward around himself, the panther come after him
<Induriel> (Unless I can only do one at a time?)
<Induriel> Tulgar, can you smell him out?
* Induriel asks quietly
* Tulgar sniffs.
<Tulgar> I don't smell anything.
<Induriel> (Can I extend mystic senses or something to figure out what he did?)
<YOAW_Narrator> There's a scream from one of the tulgar out of your sight, who was surrounding the gnome warlock.
<YOAW_Narrator> (You can roll Awareness.)
<Induriel> (Any bonuses?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (1 bonus die, let's say.)
<Induriel> !roll 3d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 2 1 4 ] for a total of [ 7 ].
<Induriel> (Meh.)
<YOAW_Narrator> You have a sense of workings around you, but nothing you can really track.
<YOAW_Narrator> There is a chorus of howls, followed by another scream.
<Induriel> (Can I pinpoint the sound?)
<YOAW_Narrator> It's distorted, but on the other side of the mist from you, maybe 50 feet away.
<Damasuhu> You've got talent. But I've been doing this for a while.
<Induriel> (If I can, I will turn myself and the remaining tulgar invisible, but generate an illusion of one that can be seen, with the intention of attacking him when he goes for it.)
* Damasuhu 's voice seems to come from several places at once, echoing oddly.
<YOAW_Narrator> You and the tulgar fade from sight, leaving an image of one still visible, still vulnerable.
* Induriel prepares to trap Damasuhu when the attack comes...
<YOAW_Narrator> With your mystical senses alert, you feel several forces converging on the image.
<Induriel> (Are they him? Or only his magic?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (You have no way of telling.)
<Induriel> (I guess we'll see what happens!)
<YOAW_Narrator> Dark shapes coalesce out of the shadows, pouncing upon the image of the tulgar.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Will for the binding)
<Induriel> (That's a base 6 - do I get to use Rituals too? Anything more for my new warlocky status?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Just the base six. Your warlock status is what's letting you do it on the fly.)
<Induriel> !roll 6d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 5 2 4 1 6 5 ] for a total of [ 23 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> A ring of brambles grows in a perfect circle around the image and the dark shapes, the vines interweaving in a complex ritual pattern.
<YOAW_Narrator> A moment later, you feel a terrible pain and are knocked to the ground, a heavy weight atop you and hot breath on your neck.
<Damasuhu> A pity. You show promise.
* NPC3 is now known as Morelos
<Morelos> As do you, Lord Damasuhu.
<Morelos> But I will kindly ask you to release my emissary, lest I grow cross.
* Damasuhu growls.
<Damasuhu> I have acted solely in self-defense.
<Morelos> On the contrary. You could have fled.
* Damasuhu huffs.
<YOAW_Narrator> The weight is suddenly gone.
* Induriel stands, trying to sense where his invisible assailant might be
<Damasuhu> I applaud your maneuvering, my Lady.
* Damasuhu is now standing next to Induriel.
* Damasuhu will have offered him a hand up.
* Induriel will accept it, cautiously
* Damasuhu sighs.
<Damasuhu> I am at your mercy, my lady.
<Morelos> Nonsense. You played the game well.
<Morelos> Please, allow me to offer my hospitality before you return to your master.
* Damasuhu scowls, but nods.
<Damasuhu> Your humble servant.
* Morelos nods graciously.
<Morelos> My servants will see to your needs.
* Induriel bows to Lady Morelos, then (less deeply, but politely all the same) to Damasuhu
* lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.charlton.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
<Morelos> Lord Induriel, walk with me.
<Induriel> Yes, my Lady.
* Induriel joins her as he is bid.
* Morelos is in her hag guise, and takes Induriel's arm, walking slowly. She waits until out of earshot of Damasuhu before speaking, humming to herself in the meantime.
* Induriel steels himself for a reprimand, fearing that he has failed to carry out her commission
<Morelos> Elegantly done, my dear. Were the flies your idea, or happy coincidence?
<Induriel> Mine, my Lady, I must admit. I tried to think of the more horrifying creature I could...
<Induriel> But I hope you are not disappointed. I fear I was not able to fulfill your orders as completely as I thought you wanted.
<Induriel> I thank you for intervening to save my life.
* Induriel bows again
<Morelos> On the contrary, you performed beautifully. And think nothing of my stepping in. Your actions allowed me to do so, and I couldn't lose an asset so soon acquired.
* Morelos smiles.
<Induriel> I am glad to have served you as you wished, then.
* Induriel smiles back
<Morelos> Alcarinel had no idea what she had in you. I think I have made a wise choice.
<Induriel> What will happen with Damasuhu now, my Lady? He returns to his master, but his mission unfulfilled.
<Morelos> Oh, I will return him to his true master in time.
<Morelos> But I made no promises as to how long he would be my guest.
* Induriel smiles wider, then laughs out loud
<Induriel> An excellent end to the affair! No harm to your kinsman, but Damasuhu's other master is left hanging.
<Induriel> I don't suppose I can find out what his mission was? Assassinating Mamitu? Some other task?
<Induriel> Well. Perhaps I will have the chance to discuss it with him during his stay... though I fear he may not be forthcoming about it.
* Induriel smiles again at the thought of Damasuhu being sidelined

The Allied Navy Faces the Leviathan


<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, May, you're taking ritualists with you to go deal with the leviathan, yes?
<May> (Yes)
<YOAW_Narrator> How many?
<YOAW_Narrator> This *is
* a big working.
<May> (Faire and Temu and whoever else I can spare)
<May> (Maybe 10 total? Would that be reasonable?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Totally. That's about half of House Lalu's sorcerers.
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, we y'all going to bring any reinforcements with you? Any other preparations?
<May> (Hmmmm...)
<May> (Maybe some archers for support. Another ten or so.)
<YOAW_Narrator> I mean, you do have more ships. I believe the Drake had four ships with her when she went south, and they're on station down there. In theory, there are 10 more ships available.
<May> Oooooooh
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia? Thoughts?
<May> ((Well, we should leave some of those for harbor defense in case they slip by us, but maybe half of them?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (All right. The cheapest option would be to take the rest of the Corvis and HOEO ships with you, and leave the ile Nyara Oorun ships for harbor defense.)
<May> (Ok.)
<YOAW_Narrator> You can make preparations and be underway with all due haste. What's the plan of engagement?
<May> (Do we have a Terry?)
<Eyllia> we can take the other ships... how many do you need for the rituals?
<May> (We only need one ship for the ritual, I assume, the others are to keep the thing occupied while we cast it.)
<May> (I can get all the ritual circles and things ready on the way there.)
<YOAW_Narrator> Roll me a Knowledge check
<Eyllia> (im guessing we can do a reverse V formation, with the Drake at the center of the V, let the lead ships engage beast/enemy ships, when it shows itself and engages a ship, the Drake brakes from the center and gives you the chance you need
<May> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 1 5 4 1 4 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
<May> (I'm assuming research doesn't count since I don't have my library)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Right.)
<YOAW_Narrator> You *think
* you've got a handle on the banishing, but it won't be easy or quick.
<May> I think we can do this, but it will take time. How long do you think the ships can hold that thing off?
<Eyllia> how many ships are you willing to lose?
* May blanches a bit at that question.
<May> If we don't hold them off we lose all of them.
<Eyllia> then you should have a good amount of time
<Eyllia> only really need to use a couple to keep the enemy ships busy
* May nods.
<May> We knew this wasn't going to be easy.
* Eyllia nods
<Eyllia> we should get the captains together before we get to close, and make sure everyone understands the plan
* May nods.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can rendezvous with your other ships, who will report no more sign of the beast thus far.
<May> (Ok, then we start searching?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me a Persuasion test first)
<YOAW_Narrator> (And then Eyllia, roll me a Warfare test)
<Eyllia> (we head south and find thier ships, and should find the beast... if we find ships and no beast, those ships are in for a world of hurt)
<May> !roll 3d6
* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 6 4 2 ] for a total of [ 12 ].
<Eyllia> (persuasion)
<Eyllia> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 3 3 5 1 ] for a total of [ 12 ].
<Eyllia> !roll 1d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 1d6 ] getting [ 6 ].
<Eyllia> (17 persuasion)
<Eyllia> (command for the warfare apply?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sure)
<Eyllia> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 2 3 1 4 ] for a total of [ 15 ].
<Eyllia> (12)
* Laris (Laris@d24-55-209-79.home4.cgocable.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 202 seconds)
* Laris (Laris@d24-55-209-79.home4.cgocable.net) has joined #gnomeland
<YOAW_Narrator> Your fleet heads south, pushing further from Nesu Abamatu, but you eventually spot the Turathi ships. They'll immediately move to flee.
<YOAW_Narrator> May, you and your sorcerers will sense a massive magical force nearby under the water, presumably the leviathan.
<May> It's here...
<May> Everyone get in your positions!
* May will start the ritual
* Eyllia gets the Drake ready to move in when one of the lead ships engages
<YOAW_Narrator> The ship furthest to port, the Seafang, shudders, and you see tentacles rise out of the water to grasp the ship. Shapes swarm over the hull onto the deck.
<Eyllia> It's those smaller aquatic demons... are to repell boarders!
* Eyllia will get the Drake to move in for the ritual
<Eyllia> (are should be be ready)
<May> (Shoot, I was going to bring Marcus to protect my body in just this eventuality)
<YOAW_Narrator> The Drake moves in as the Seafang is pulled under, the snapping hull thundering over the water.
<YOAW_Narrator> (I think you said you did. Like, said it last time.)
<May> (Ok, I thought so)
<YOAW_Narrator> A second ship, the Fortuna, comes under assault as you close. The nearer ships circle to lay down fire, but it can do little to aid the doomed vessel.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Tuck, make your ritual roll)
<May> !roll 9d6
* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 9d6 ] getting [ 2 6 2 3 3 6 5 6 4 ] for a total of [ 37 ].
<May> (27)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Terry, make me an Agility test and an Awareness test, please)
<Eyllia> (does acrobatics apply to the agility?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Not on this roll, no)
<Eyllia> (Agility)
<Eyllia> !roll 5d6+6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 5d6+6 ] getting [ 2 1 4 3 2 ] for a total of [ 12 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 18 ].
<Eyllia> (awareness)
<YOAW_Narrator> (There's not really a "piloting a ship" skill, so this is my approximation.)
<Eyllia> !roll 4d6+6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 4d6+6 ] getting [ 1 1 3 5 ] for a total of [ 10 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 16 ].
<Eyllia> (wow some really bad rolls for me)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Want to use Destiny for any of them?)
<Eyllia> (ill burn one to add 5 to the Agility test for piloting)
<YOAW_Narrator> The water's turned choppy from the creature's movements, but Eyllia keeps the Drake on course and pulls within range before the leviathan has disentangled from the Fortuna.
<YOAW_Narrator> May, the creature's will feels at first an unassailable edifice, but your ritual finds the weaknesses, the cracks through which you can begin to break down it's grasp on this plane.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Will, Tuck.)
<May> (Straight will?)
<May> (Or with ritual?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Just Will)
<May> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for May: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 6 4 3 4 4 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
* Morelos is now known as Demon
<Demon> (In May's head) I see you, scion of the false gods.
<YOAW_Narrator> The creature sinks below the waves once again, but May, you can feel it coming towards you.
<May> (psy) Then you will see my power as well, and that of my gods.
<YOAW_Narrator> Moments later, the Drake lurches, and massive tentacles rise to envelop the ship.
<YOAW_Narrator> At the same time, the first of a wave of the lesser piscine demons vaults over the side of the ship onto the deck.
<May> Get out of my damn ocean, you overgrown cuddlefish!
<May> (Cuttle :3)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, roll Fighting. Time to repel some boarders.)
* Eyllia will move to defend May and the casters
<Eyllia> !roll 10d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 10d6 ] getting [ 4 1 4 3 2 5 6 5 3 4 ] for a total of [ 37 ].
<Eyllia> (29)
<May> Nice!
<May> (ww)
<YOAW_Narrator> The demons swarm over the deck, the crew of the Drake putting up a desperate fight. Eyllia, the screams of your friends and crew mix with the shuddering cracking of your ship in a horrifying cacophony. Eyllia, Meghan, Lysa, and Marcus lead the defense of May, Faire, and the other casters.
<YOAW_Narrator> As the smaller demons close in, you see glowing markings encircle the tentacles, crawling along the beast's skin. Hymns in the divine language of the Turathi gods stream across its flesh, burning with purifying flame.
<YOAW_Narrator> The creature howls, but its hold falters, and you can see it dissipating as they fall limply back into the water. The boarders howl in chorus, terribly screeching as they, too, are encircled and banished in fire and blood.
<Eyllia> (how bad is the Drake? She sinking or just hobbled?)
<YOAW_Narrator> She's taking on water quickly. You're not sure the crew is in any shape to save her.
* Eyllia hopes the remaining ships know to finish the enemy fleet.
<Eyllia> Watersouls! Save who you can! The Drake has felled the leviathan, but at the cost of herself!
<YOAW_Narrator> You can divert one of your ships to aid the survivors on the Drake (and the one's off the Fortuna and the Seafang) and still have the remaining Turathi outnumbered two to one.
<Eyllia> (with a single escort ship and the rest transports... it should be a decisive end to them)
* Eyllia will find May
<YOAW_Narrator> Indeed. You get as many as you can off the Drake, and will receive reports later of a full victory over the Turathi fleet. Two sunk and two captured, though they'll need some repairs.
* May will help get the ritualists and others off the boat.
<May> Eyllia... the Drake... I'm so sorry...
<Eyllia> The leviathan is defeated. It was a price worth paying.
<May> I hope so. We've turned the tide for now, but the tsunami is still coming.
<Eyllia> not by sea it aint
* May grins at that.

Laris and Rufus share a moment on the road


<YOAW_Narrator> Laris, you're managing the retreat back into friendly territory. The Turathi are in pursuit, but Agrath's working bought you time, so you're not as harassed as you might be otherwise.
<YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz and his mounted troops and cover the rear, slowing the enemy without engaging.
<YOAW_Narrator> What's your plan for your troops right now?
<Laris> (I think the plan was to retreat back to the fortress and use that opportunity to regroup. I'd like the Hrieffen mounted troops to do just what they're doing and keep bugging the enemy and doing stuff like interfering with their supply chain and picking off their stragglers and so on, without engaging in a big way.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (*nod*)
<YOAW_Narrator> Are any troops moving back to Nesu Abamatu?
<Laris> (do I have any that are so depleted or injured that it doesn't make sense to keep them here? if so, I'd send those back so they can receive proper treatment.)
<YOAW_Narrator> No, you got everyone out, so they're all still ready to fight.
<YOAW_Narrator> Minus Rufus's troops.
* Tulgar is now known as Rufus_Metillius
<YOAW_Narrator> (Speaking off)
<Rufus_Metillius> Is pretty quiet following the fall back from the wall.
<Laris> (ok. then no, I'll keep them with me, but I will send messengers back to NA to let them know of the situation, hopefully hear back from them about what's going on there, etc.)
<Rufus_Metillius> (sorry, that was supposed to be a /me)
* Eyllia is now known as Vess_AFK
<YOAW_Narrator> (I'll assume you'll get word back about Induriel, Eyllia, and May's actions by the time you get to your fort.)
<Laris> (ok)
<Laris> Is something troubling you?
* Laris will ask Rufus when we have a few spare moments
<Rufus_Metillius> Hmm? No...not really.
<Rufus_Metillius> I'm mission ready, I promise.
<Laris> I'm not worried about that. I know you will be. I'm just concerned for you. I know you don't like to lose any of the risen...
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> It's an important duty, leading them. A sacred trust.
<Rufus_Metillius> They did their duty, and I did mine.
<Rufus_Metillius> I've just...never lost that many.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> It was necessary and I don't regret it.
* Rufus_Metillius says quickly.
<Rufus_Metillius> But still...
<Laris> Just because it was necessary and the best option we had doesn't make it easier to accept.
* lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.charlton.irccloud.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Rufus_Metillius half smiles at Laris.
<Rufus_Metillius> I knew you'd understand.
<Rufus_Metillius> I don't know if I ever told you this, but I'm related to one of them.
<Laris> No, I didn't know that.
<Rufus_Metillius> We keep the records of whose remains are in our units, same as we keep track of living soldiers.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> One of my risen, it was an older cousin of mine. Died of a fever before I was born.
<Laris> I'm sorry.
* Laris puts a hand on his arm.
<Rufus_Metillius> I inherited him from my former commander when I took over the unit.
* Rufus_Metillius shakes his head.
<Rufus_Metillius> It's not like I ever knew him. But it always made me feel better.
<Rufus_Metillius> Like he was watching out for me.
* Laris nods
<Rufus_Metillius> And I was honoring him.
<Rufus_Metillius> My own personal lares.
<Rufus_Metillius> As opposed to my personal Laris.
* Laris smiles at that.
* Rufus_Metillius smiles, looking a bit better.
<Laris> I think he would be honoured to have been able to protect you in that way.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> Well, your familial spirits stood us in good stead, as well.
* Laris nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> Thank fate for the Kai Do Arat.
<Laris> It won't surprise them again, but it was effective once, anyway.
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Rufus_Metillius> This is where we needed it.
<Rufus_Metillius> The real siege is coming.
<Laris> Yes... I just hope it comes here, and that they don't manage to bypass us.
<Rufus_Metillius> If they try, we shove a thousand spears up their backsides. ;)
* Laris smiles at that.
<Laris> We will do our best, at any rate.

Plannig the next phase of the campaign


<YOAW_Narrator> The trip back to your castle (we need to start naming these fortifications ;) ) proceeds as uneventfully as a retreat before a numerically superior foe can go, but you get your troops ensconced in the castle or across the river without a major engagement.
<Laris> (whew)
<YOAW_Narrator> Should Kraaz continue his harassing? There's a point where it will become difficult for him to link back up with you if so.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Not impossible, mind, but more difficult.)
<Laris> (well, how is it going? is it having some effect/being productive? or does it seem like it's just wasting their efforts?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Status)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 2 3 2 6 ] for a total of [ 13 ].
<YOAW_Narrator> To the extent you are able to get reports, the seem to be effective. Ferko and Harbinger report disorganization among the Turathi troops as they make their advance, and Kraaz and his cavalry are clearly able to supply themselves from their raiding for the time being.
<Laris> (I'm happy to let them continue, then. They won't be much help inside the walls and I can't imagine Kraaz would enjoy that much anyway. They can keep them busy and on the defensive, and hopefully prevent them from trying to just sidestep us in the fort and head straight to NA.)
<Laris> (They're more useful out there, and I will have to trust Kraaz to keep doing what he's doing and not do something dumb like try to engage them head on or whatever ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (He's not actually an idiot, and he's learned a lot from Laris. He's conserving their strength and waiting for the real battle.)
<Laris> (heh, I know. I was just teasing :)
<Laris> (Keep treating it like raiding, the goal is to keep them off balance and whittle away at them and prevent them from doing stuff like easily scouting or hunting or gathering supplies, etc.)
* Induriel (Mibbit@mtrlpq4396w-70-53-212-137.dsl.bell.ca) Quit (Quit: https://mibbit.com Online IRC Client)
<YOAW_Narrator> (nod)
<YOAW_Narrator> Kraaz will keep up the pressure, making it difficult and annoying for the Turathi to advance, and unable to do anything without significant numbers.
<YOAW_Narrator> They'll end up dividing troops, roughly a third to the fort and two-thirds towards Nesu Abamatu.
<Laris> (well, it's better than all of them heading to NA I guess :/)
<YOAW_Narrator> The Stormeye and his patron will continue to make their lives miserable, which has the added benefit of swelling the river.
<YOAW_Narrator> How are you troops divided between NA and the fort? 50/50, 60/40, etc.?
<YOAW_Narrator> Your*
* Vess_AFK (vess@CPE589630e09e0d-CM589630e09e0b.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 204 seconds)
<Laris> (I think what I had with me was my personal archers, and then the green undead and veteran undead infantry. I left the regular undead infantry at NA from the start. I can also have sent the veteran undead infantry back, maybe? I think they'll be more useful there, and I can command the less experienced ones better than someone else can. if that works?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Sorry, I meant overall troops.
<YOAW_Narrator> Doesn't have to be a detailed answer, just overall 'coalition' forces.
<Korivan> (Includies ally deploymentd etc - probably jst a general number?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Allied forces. Whatever you want to call them.
<Laris> (ah okay. I would like them to be about 60/40, with the 60 on NA, as it's more valuable to protect.)
<YOAW_Narrator> Okay, cool.
<YOAW_Narrator> You have a solid opportunity here, then, per your planning. Since the Turathi have split their forces, they outnumber you just under 3:2. If you can coordinate with Kraaz, though, you would outnumber them 4:3, with a significant cavalry advantage.
<Laris> (That would be good! if I can get word to Kraaz I will try to coordinate that, then.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Status again)
<Laris> (I assume not with Stewardship?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Actually, yes with Stewardship :) )
<YOAW_Narrator> (This is basically an organization roll ;) )
<Laris> (ah okay :)
<Laris> !roll 6d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 2 3 2 2 1 6 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
<Laris> (so 14, enh)
<Laris> (sorry, 13. I mathed wrong.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I mean, that's not terrible, but you've also got Destiny if you want)
<Laris> (can i .. yes, I was going to say, I could use a Destiny there?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, I think your best bet is to burn one point for the +5)
<Laris> (ok, will do)
<YOAW_Narrator> Ferko gets word to Kraaz, and you're able to coordinate an offensive before the Turathi have their siege camp complete or their engines set up.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me Warfare)
<Laris> !roll 8d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 8d6 ] getting [ 3 5 1 4 2 4 6 3 ] for a total of [ 28 ].
<Laris> (25)
<YOAW_Narrator> The battle begins just before dawn, the majority of Kraaz's troops (and yours) having some form of low-light or darkvision. Their camp is aflame before the sun is fully in the sky. Your troops sally forth from the castle to join the battle.
<YOAW_Narrator> While the Turathi put up a ferocious defense, they fall before the combined forces. Some manage to retreat, Hrieffen and Katalal riders harrying their flight, as you accept the surrender of the acting Turathi commander, her predecessor having fallen shortly beforehand.
<Laris> (yay!)
* Demon is now known as Kraaz
* Kraaz will ride up to where Laris is overseeing the aftermath.
* Kraaz is grinning, though his face is bloody. Most of it isn't his.
<Kraaz> A fine morning, cousin.
* Laris nods.
<Laris> Good work, cousin. How are your troops?
<Kraaz> Well enough. They're chasing down stragglers, but they'll need to leave off and regroup soon enough. Let them run back to their compatriots. We'll hunt them down there.
* Kraaz frowns for a moment.
<Kraaz> Montano is wounded, but he should survive.
<Kraaz> Huge spirit, that one.
<Kraaz> And your troops?
<Laris> (how are they?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (30% casualties, thereabouts. Maybe a third of those dead.roughly 200 dead, 400 wounded.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Much worse for the Turathi.)
<Laris> We took our losses, but many will recover. I hope the same will be true for Montano.
* Kraaz nods.
<Kraaz> We'll rest, then I assume move on to Nesu Abamatu?
<Kraaz> Assuming they don't retreat?
<Laris> Yes. We can pin them between us and the walls of the city.
<Kraaz> Then we can end this.

Korivan recieves a concerning visrion from the river spirit


<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, presumably you took part in the battle, though not likely in the front line by any means.
<Korivan> (probably not. more support stuff, mostly, but some battle magic never goes amiss :)
<YOAW_Narrator> *nod*
<YOAW_Narrator> You'll have your hands full tending to the wounded and dead, seeing their spirits off to join your ancestors.
* Korivan is so full ;p
<YOAW_Narrator> (Hee)
<YOAW_Narrator> That evening, as you lay down, exhausted, you'll hear a familiar voice in your ear.
* Kraaz is now known as River_Spirit
<River_Spirit> Gaath Korivan...
<Korivan> River @_@
<Korivan> (am I actually awake or not? I assume... not really)
<Korivan> I see you grow strong from the surge of the storms @_@
<River_Spirit> I do, but the imperials befoul my waters with their filth magic.
* Korivan frowns
<Korivan> To what end?
<River_Spirit> They move over my surface and dam my flow.
<Korivan> We have shown them a great defeat.... but they will regroup.
<Korivan> If we can aid you, and stop them... will you then lend us your strength, to end them at the city @_@
* River_Spirit nods.
<River_Spirit> They must be stopped.
<River_Spirit> They will...change me, if they continue.
<Korivan> I see @_@
<Korivan> that is ...unacceptable.
<Korivan> Can you ....show me @_@ where
* River_Spirit extends her hand.
* Korivan will take ot
<Korivan> (it)
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan finds himself streaming down the river towards Nesu Abamatu. He has a momentary sense of events great and small along the water. A deer warily bends to take a drink. A hawk dives to catch an struggling fish. An exhausted and wounded Turathi soldier wades in to get a drink, but never rises.
<YOAW_Narrator> Suddenly, he is assaulted by a feeling of bitter cold and terrible wrongness, and he comes to a halt.
<YOAW_Narrator> A wall of ice has spanned the river bed, demons of ice and hatred swarming over its surface, shaping and maintaining it, as Turathi troops march over it.
<Korivan> (do I have any sense of where this is?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Not far upstream from Nesu Abamatu)
<Korivan> (okay)
<Korivan> (I assume there's not much I can about this her ein the moment, but I want to get a sense of the scale of the working,s and nay like... magical weeaknesses here if I can. Or physical ones I guess, other than like, ice cold fire bad ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Awareness)
<Korivan> !roll 6d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 6 2 1 4 1 2 ] for a total of [ 16 ].
<Korivan> (14)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It's less an individual working and more just something but by the summoned creatures. So, it doesn't have a specific weak point, but it's in general vulnerable to conventional or magical attack.)
<Korivan> (That's what I figured, cool)
* Korivan will let her know that's enough for now
* River_Spirit looks worried, but nods.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan wakes up back in his tent.
<Korivan> I will find a way to stop them @_@
* Korivan says as he is waking.... and then will roll out of his furs and go find Laris IMMEDIATELY
* Korivan will send someone to find some booyagh and ritualists and such as well
<Laris> (remember stealth skeletons next time ;)

Solos