Difference between revisions of "Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 50"

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "{{subst:yoawsession}}")
 
(Summary)
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  
{{logtoc|Ye Olde Adventure Worlde|}}
+
{{logtoc|Ye Olde Adventure Worlde|50}}
 
==Summary==
 
==Summary==
 +
[[Laris]] asks [[Gladius]] to scout the southern mountains for a good defensible position.  [[Induriel]] learns that [[Eren Brescia]] has left with [[Lócë Camellia]].  [[May]]'s delegation speaks with [[Roimë]] and leave a mixed impression.  Eyllia tries to cheer up May while [[Iowa]], [[Kryx]], and [[Korivan]] strategize how to proceed.  Laris learns that there are factions in the city that are intrigued by the rumors of the rising empire.
  
 
==Session==
 
==Session==
: Session date:
+
: Session date: 2020-01-05
 
: In Game date:
 
: In Game date:
 +
 +
===Laris asks Gladius about Scouting===
 +
<br>* Laris will go track him down
 +
<br>* Gladius will be perusing May's library, let's say.
 +
<br><Laris> Good day, Lord Gladius.  Can we talk?
 +
<br>* Gladius will look up from the scroll he was reading.
 +
<br><Gladius> Of course, Lugal Corvis.
 +
<br><Laris> Find any interesting reading material?
 +
<br><Gladius> Indeed. Siru Mamitu's collection is quite extensive.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Laris> I was hoping to ask for your assistance.
 +
<br><Gladius> Oh? What can I help you with?
 +
<br><Laris> I'm sure you have heard of the danger we face from the south - the orc tribes and others.
 +
<br>* Gladius nods.
 +
<br><Gladius> I'm obviously more concerned about the 'others.'
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Laris> As am I.
 +
<br><Gladius> I take it you and Siru Mamitu do not intend to bend the knee to this 'emperor'?
 +
<br><Laris> I don't think that's likely. 
 +
<br>* Gladius nods approvingly.
 +
<br><Laris> While I understand your resolution not to attack, do you think it would be possible for you to survey the relevant terrain? Some scouting might at least give us a better idea what we are likely to face, and help us understand the natural obstacles and advantages that lie there.
 +
<br>* Gladius thinks for a moment.
 +
<br><Laris> Our charts and maps are... quite inadequate in that respect.
 +
<br><Gladius> I can do so.
 +
<br><Laris> Thank you.  It's very much appreciated.  Is there anything we can provide in order to assist?
 +
<br>* Gladius shakes his head.
 +
<br><Gladius> Thank you, no.
 +
<br><Gladius> I've done such work before, and I am blessed with an excellent memory.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Gladius> Can I assume you plan to commit all forces possible to the southern defense?
 +
<br><Gladius> Or are there other considerations?
 +
<br><Laris> It depends somewhat on Mamitu's mission to the Amanya Hatal.
 +
<br>* Gladius nods.
 +
<br><Gladius> I wish doubly well, then.
 +
<br><Gladius> And be sure to keep track of contingencies.
 +
<br><Gladius> A pass that can be held by five hundred troops is of no use if you don't have them to spare.
 +
<br><Laris> But if that is successful enough to allow us to redirect everything to the south, then yes.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br>* Gladius sighs.
 +
<br><Laris> The Hrieffen are excellent warriors but I fear that the terrain in the south is not their ideal...
 +
<br>* Gladius nods.
 +
<br><Gladius> The Lalu troops and your own legionnaires should be well-suited.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Laris> I hope so.  If, as you suggest, we can find a pass or other barrier that we might be able to hold, that would be ideal.
 +
<br><Gladius> If you have time to dig in at the right point, you could hold off multitudes.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Gladius> I'll leave shortly, then.
 +
<br><Laris> Thank you. 
 +
<br><Gladius> Best not to delay.
 +
<br>* Gladius nods.
 +
<br><Gladius> I am happy to be able to help.
 +
<br><Gladius> I would hate to see Nesu Abamatu come to harm.
 +
<br><Laris> As would all of us.  I hope that we will overcome this latest threat.
 +
 +
===Induriel learns of Eren's latest indiscretion and Freaks Out===
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Induriel, you've been recovering nicely, you vision mostly back by this point.
 +
<br>* Gladius is now known as Valtheriel
 +
<br>* Induriel continues to sing and sculpt as it returns
 +
<br>* Valtheriel will wait interrupt a sculpting session.
 +
<br>* Induriel looks up and smiles
 +
<br><Induriel> Valtheriel. Please, come in.
 +
<br>* Valtheriel enters, nodding politely.
 +
<br><Induriel> Is there any news of the embassy to the Amanya Hatal?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Not as yet, no. I have other information that might be of concern to you.
 +
<br><Induriel> Oh?
 +
<br>* Induriel 's smile fades somewhat
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Lord Eren left just before Heri Lalu left for her diplomatic mission, as you know.
 +
<br><Induriel> Yes...
 +
<br><Valtheriel> What I've now been able to verify is that Loce Camellia has not been seen in the city since the same day.
 +
<br><Induriel> ...oh, no.
 +
<br><Induriel> Has she followed him?
 +
<br><Induriel> When was she last seen?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Late in the evening three days ago.
 +
<br><Induriel> (When is that relative to when Eren left?)
 +
<br><Valtheriel> (That'd be, oh, half a day after he left?)
 +
<br><Valtheriel> I have an uncorroborated report that she left the city by the north gate.
 +
<br><Induriel> (Was that the same gate Eren would have left by?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (He would have left by the west gate, most likely.)
 +
<br><Induriel> Is she on a course to intercept him, then, do you think? Did she leave alone?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> To the best of my knowledge, she left alone.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> As to interception...it's possible.
 +
<br><Induriel> We must determine what she is up to.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> It is also possible she left to join the delegation to the Amanya Hatal.
 +
<br>* Induriel frowns, then shakes his head.
 +
<br><Induriel> That seems unlikely - I do not think Mamitu would take kindly to having a Vanilorran presence forced into the delegation, when it is so clear they would not be welcome.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Ettelea is the level-headed one, your lordship.
 +
<br>* Induriel sighs
 +
<br><Induriel> Perhaps.
 +
<br><Induriel> That does not mean Loce goes without Ettelea's knowledge and approval, however.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> That is my meaning, my lord.
 +
<br><Induriel> What, that Loce went without Ettelea's knowledge?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> That that is a possibility.
 +
<br><Induriel> What do you advise, then? Should I raise this with Ettelea?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> I cannot say, my lord. It is certainly an avenue of inquiry.
 +
<br>* Induriel frowns
 +
<br><Induriel> Let us try to determine what Loce is up to on our own first, then.
 +
<br>* Valtheriel nods.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> As you wish, my lord.
 +
<br>* Induriel prepares a scrying ritual, and also something to help confuse and misdirect Loce if she is indeed in pursuit of Eren.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me a Will test, I believe?)
 +
<br><Induriel> (With the bonus for ritual casting?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
 +
<br><Induriel> !roll 11d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 11d6 ] getting [ 4 5 6 2 1 5 3 3 4 3 1 ] for a total of [ 37 ].
 +
<br><Induriel> (So that's 26?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (11? jeez)
 +
<br><Induriel> (No, 27, I think.)
 +
<br><Korivan> (11 d6 tho @_@)
 +
<br><Induriel> (That's it. Keep 6.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Wait, what are your ratings?)
 +
<br><Induriel> (What can I say? I'm the Eyllia of ritual casting! :P )
 +
<br><Induriel> (Will 6, Rituals +5 bonus. Is that right?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Cool cools)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (I just hadn't realized it was that high)
 +
<br><Induriel> (There's a reason I'd rather cast than schmooze!)
 +
<br><Induriel> (I was May's tutor, after all... :P )
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Some ambassador you are. :p )
 +
<br><Induriel> (Hey, it was Alcarinel's decision, not mine! )
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You prepare the ritual, a painstakingly precise process, eventually settling within a drawn circle with a crystal bowl filled with water. You chant the words of the the spell, gazing into the pool, which eventually reveals Loce, riding through grassland. You're fairly certain you recognize it as being west of the city. At first you think she is alone, but you see her speak and, after a moment, laugh an an unheard response.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> She reaches out a hand and, as their hands touch, you can see Eren grabbing her hand a giving it a squeeze.
 +
<br><Induriel> (So this is the same direction that Eren would be travelling in?)
 +
<br><Induriel> :O
 +
<br><Induriel> :O :O :O
 +
<br><Induriel> ...
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (Well.)
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (I guess this means Lord Eren is not in danger.)
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (At least, not physical danger.)
 +
<br><Induriel> ...
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (Damn. He really is smooth.)
 +
<br><Induriel> ...
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (Just as well I didn't go to Ettelea with this. I wonder if she knows?)
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (And if not, how can I use this?)
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (I just hope it isn't serious. That would be politically embarrassing.)
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (But knowing Eren, it can't be.)
 +
<br><Induriel> ...
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (Right? :/ )
 +
<br>* Valtheriel awaits the outcome of the ritual.
 +
<br><Induriel> (What else can I see?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> They seem to be riding west together for the time being.
 +
<br><Induriel> (That's toward the portal or gate or whatever that Eren needs to return to Aethrennar?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (It can change around a bit, but it's probably a few days west of the city.)
 +
<br><Induriel> (How long 'til they get there?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Maybe a day or so. It looks like they might be travelling kind of slowly.)
 +
<br><Induriel> (Pausing for nookie along the way? Great. :/ )
 +
<br>* Induriel brings the ritual to a close, and takes a deep breath.
 +
<br><Induriel> ...well.
 +
<br><Induriel> Lord Eren... does not appear to be in any imminent physical danger from Lócë.
 +
<br><Induriel> Of bodily injury, that is.
 +
<br>* Induriel sighs
 +
<br><Induriel> Did you know, Valtheriel?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Know what, my lord?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> (Doesn't actually take part in rituals.)
 +
<br><Induriel> (I know!)
 +
<br><Induriel> They are together... as lovers!
 +
<br>* Induriel hisses
 +
<br><Induriel> I saw him squeezing her hand, and they were laughing together.
 +
<br><Induriel> It appears that Lord Eren's legendary charms have worked yet again, and he has seduced her!
 +
<br><Induriel> Or she has seduced him! :/
 +
<br>* Valtheriel keeps a neutral face.
 +
<br>* Induriel is speaking quietly but urgently
 +
<br><Induriel> Did you know? Did you suspect?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> I had know knowledge of this, my lord.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> I apologize if I have failed you.
 +
<br>* Induriel brushes that aside with an irritated gesture
 +
<br><Induriel> Never mind that. Lord Eren... seems to enjoy forming the least suitable romantic alliances possible.
 +
<br><Induriel> In retrospect, perhaps we should have both seen this coming.
 +
<br><Induriel> However: what now?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> He can't possibly mean to bring her to Aethrennar.
 +
<br><Induriel> Can't he? :/
 +
<br><Valtheriel> The Queen dotes on him, but she would not tolerate *that*.
 +
<br><Induriel> No indeed.
 +
<br><Induriel> This is not why she sent him here.
 +
<br><Induriel> But surely that is not why he asked to leave?
 +
<br><Induriel> I did not think he and Mamitu would be the best match on a personal level, that much is true.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> I cannot say, my lord.
 +
<br><Induriel> Well: what do *we<br>* do about this?
 +
<br><Induriel> Does Ettelëa know, do you think?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Malliel and/or I could try to catch up to them.
 +
<br><Induriel> She already knows her sister has been gone for several days - surely she must at least suspect why.
 +
<br><Induriel> Catch up with them? I doubt that - they are only a day away from the portal, even if they are going slowly.
 +
<br><Induriel> And to what end? What would you do, or say to them?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> I would remind...him of his duty to the Queen, and to Aethrennar.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Malliel might be more forceful.
 +
<br>* Induriel scoffs
 +
<br><Induriel> If Lord Eren has so far forgotten his duty already, I doubt anything you could say would persuade him.
 +
<br>* Valtheriel nods.
 +
<br><Induriel> And as for Malliel - being "more forceful" is exactly what I fear. I do not think a confrontation would result in anything other than greater problems. And possible bodily harm. :/
 +
<br><Induriel> Surely he would not bring her into Aethrennar, even in disguise?
 +
<br><Valtheriel> I should hope not, but I would also have thought he would at least have avoided the Vanilorran delegation in general.
 +
<br><Induriel> I shall continue to monitor them. If he is indeed foolish enough to take her to the Shining City, there is no choice: they must be warned.
 +
<br><Induriel> If not... we must think how best to react to this.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> The window for sending a message with any chance of beating them there is rapidly closing, my lord.
 +
<br><Induriel> Let us do so, but see whether he does come through with her. If so, she should be arrested at once.
 +
<br>* Induriel frowns
 +
<br><Valtheriel> As you wish.
 +
<br><Induriel> The fact that Lord Eren did not let me know of this is not a good sign.
 +
<br><Induriel> He may even go so far as to try to free her, if she is taken.
 +
<br>* Valtheriel nods.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> It is a possibility.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Perhaps it would be more prudent to wait and see if she accompanies him to the Feywild?
 +
<br>* Induriel sighs
 +
<br><Induriel> I will scry tomorrow, then, and see whether they part at the portal. If so and she returns, we have options.
 +
<br><Induriel> If not... well, we must be careful.
 +
<br><Induriel> We cannot allow the Shining City to be exposed to these traitors. But depending what they intend...
 +
<br><Induriel> There is an opportunity for misinformation, as well.
 +
<br><Induriel> And I would not gladly make an enemy of Lord Eren.
 +
<br>* Valtheriel nods.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> As you say, my lord.
 +
<br><Induriel> We shall see, then.
 +
<br><Induriel> In the meantime, we shall speak of this with NO-ONE. Of course.
 +
<br>* Induriel rubs his temples
 +
<br>* Valtheriel nods.
 +
<br><Induriel> I should have suspected it from the tension between them at that reception...
 +
<br>* Valtheriel is again carefully neutral.
 +
<br><Induriel> Well, Lord Eren did indicate that he intended to return. We can perhaps raise the question with him delicately then.
 +
<br>* Valtheriel nods.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> We can hope nothing irreversible happens before then.
 +
<br>* Induriel shudders
 +
<br><Induriel> If they marry... perhaps it is safest, after all, to warn *someone<br>* in the capital...
 +
<br>* Induriel muses
 +
<br>* Valtheriel considers.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> It would still be possible to beat them to Aethrennar after seeing if they enter the Feywild together.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> But admittedly difficult.
 +
<br>* Induriel sighs
 +
<br><Induriel> My nephew. He was Eren's companion. Let us send him.
 +
<br>* lan_phone (uid135102@2001:67c:2f08:5::2:fbe) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity�)
 +
<br><Induriel> Though that means letting him know of the secret...
 +
<br><Induriel> Argh! There are no good options. :/
 +
<br><Induriel> . o O (Damn you, Eren!)
 +
<br><Valtheriel> It is a delicate situation, my lord.
 +
<br><Valtheriel> Shall I summon your nephew?
 +
<br><Induriel> I wonder if he knew?
 +
<br><Induriel> I should like to have a chat with him, at least. And see whether he volunteers anything. I can decide then. :/
 +
<br>* Valtheriel bows and will go retrieve him.
 +
 +
===The delegation meet with the head of the Amanya Hatal===
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The delegation to the AH is put up in spartan but comfortable quarters. You get the impression much of the AH's dwelling is like this. It's pretty, but definitely with an eye to defense.
 +
<br>* Korivan isn't particularly troubled but the lack of 'comfort'
 +
<br>* May is a bit put out but trying not to let it show.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Roime will send for what delegates you wish to attend her later the day of your arrival.
 +
<br>* Korivan can attend if so desired.
 +
<br>* May will try to wrangle everyone to the meeting place.
 +
<br><Korivan> (I assume it would be so desired, the Hrieffen are kind of significant ;)
 +
<br><May> (Heh, yes, we want you there ;)
 +
<br>* Valtheriel is now known as Roime
 +
<br>* Korivan has more formal marks of station for this.... fancy headress, skull staff, etc ;)
 +
<br>* May will wear a fancy robe
 +
<br>* Roime will have her guards escort you to meet her in a garden within the structure, open to the sky but well past the outside of the mountain.
 +
<br>* Eyllia will have a semi-formal outfit of fine quality, with a broach marked of the Houses.
 +
<br>* May will check with Eyllia that her hair looks ok and mumble about how she should have brought Sar-Ili along.
 +
<br>* Roime is sitting under a large tree, waiting for you. The are various stones clearly meant for sitting.
 +
<br>* Eyllia will make sure it looks great, with a nice pin in it
 +
<br>* Korivan will sit near May
 +
<br><May> Hello again. Thank you for seeing us.
 +
<br>* May will sit down.
 +
<br><Roime> Thank you for bringing my daughter home. She is...excitable.
 +
<br>* Eyllia will take a seat as well
 +
<br>* May smiles.
 +
<br><Roime> Please, tell me who I'm speaking with.
 +
<br>* Roime indicates the others.
 +
<br>* May will go around and introduce everyone with their honorifics.
 +
<br><Korivan> I am Gaath Hrieffen Eryvet Korivan
 +
<br>* Roime nods.
 +
<br><Roime> (Goblin) We have heard of you, Gaath Hrieffen. Welcome.
 +
<br><Eyllia> I am Eyllia D'Azzure, daughter of the Wavemistress Captain, Eyricia D'Azzure, of the Houses of Elemental Order, and captain of the Emerald Drake.
 +
<br>* Korivan nods
 +
<br><Roime> Welcome, Eyllia D'Azzure, daughter of Eyricia. We are unfamiliar with you and your people. How do you come to these lands?
 +
<br><Eyllia> Our people come from across the Eastern Sea.
 +
<br><Eyllia> It is very recent our arrival here
 +
<br><Roime> You have come a long way.
 +
<br><Roime> And how do the Houses of Elemental Order come to serve the scions of Turath?
 +
<br>* Korivan makes a face at that
 +
<br>* May starts to say something but stops herself.
 +
<br><Korivan> None of us are....servants
 +
<br><Roime> No? I thought Turath had only servants or enemies.
 +
<br><Roime> This has always been my experience.
 +
<br><May> We are not Turath.
 +
<br><Roime> Red skin, horns...you seem the very model of Turath to me.
 +
<br><May> I am a child of turath, yes. But I am not an emperor and these are not my subjects. We are here as allies.
 +
<br><May> The fall of Turath changed everything. We are changing with it.
 +
<br>* Roime nods.
 +
<br><Roime> It is good you are young. An older mind would not adapt so readily.
 +
<br>* May nods.
 +
<br><May> I see no reason to bind myself to old ways.
 +
<br><May> Especially when no one is left to enforce them.
 +
<br><Roime> Many are left to enforce them. You call them gods.
 +
<br><Roime> And there can be wisdom in old ways.
 +
<br><Roime> I have heard you wield magic. You learned it, did you not?
 +
<br><May> I am a student of it, yes. But being a student means knowing what to accept and what to test. Our gods respect power. Power comes in many forms.
 +
<br>* Roime gives a slight smile at that.
 +
<br><Roime> And you are here to seek more.
 +
<br><May> In a way, yes.
 +
<br><May> We want you to join us in the fight against the ones who really DO think they are the scions of a dead empire.
 +
<br><Roime> You know they are coming?
 +
<br><May> They told us so themselves.
 +
<br><May> And we have confirmed the oracles. They are say the same thing.
 +
<br><May> (all)
 +
<br>* Korivan nods
 +
<br><May> A great beast that will settle in Nesu Abamatu and stretch out its tentacles from there.
 +
<br><Korivan> as your daughter foresaw @_@
 +
<br>* Roime frowns.
 +
<br><Roime> What do you propose?
 +
<br><May> An alliance. We will do everything we can to defend our lands, but we need all the help we can get. If Nesu Abamatu falls, there will be nothing between you and them.
 +
<br><Roime> I'm sure you believe that.
 +
<br><Roime> But I take your meaning.
 +
<br><Roime> And after they are defeated?
 +
<br><May> Then we would value your friendship. But that's up to you.
 +
<br><Roime> (to Korivan, Eyllia, et al)
 +
<br><Roime> And what does that mean?
 +
<br><Roime> What is...Nesu Abamatu's friendship?
 +
<br>* Korivan will look at Kryx to back him up on this
 +
<br>* NPC2 is now known as Kryx
 +
<br><Korivan> Trade.  Strength.  They have helped us cleanse Gabburrim lands @_@
 +
<br>* Kryx 's voice is a little harsher these days, but he speaks up.
 +
<br><Kryx> They saved my tribe.
 +
<br><Kryx> Twice now.
 +
<br><Roime> Yes. The valley is well-rid of the the Maazikai.
 +
<br><Roime> But, correct me if I am wrong, but Osoro warriors aided in that battle. No?
 +
<br><Korivan> and others @_@
 +
<br><Eyllia> The Houses are newly arrived, but Nesu Abamatu welcomed us, gave us our chance to prove the benefit of our relationship, and even now helps us to re-establish.
 +
<br><Korivan> The City is... part of an alliance
 +
<br><Roime> Did Iaga not fall beneath Nesu Abamatu's blades shortly thereafter?
 +
<br><Eyllia> They have dealt with us honestly and I am glad I could help all of these allies up the river to meet with you.
 +
<br>* Kryx is now known as Iowa
 +
<br><Iowa> Iaga was a bane to these lands, as well.
 +
<br><Iowa> The Osoro yet live, and now live, and will fight, alongside the rest of us.
 +
<br>* Roime barely reacts, but seems doubtful.
 +
<br><Roime> (To Eyllia) Have you anything they want that you were not giving them?
 +
<br>* Eyllia nods
 +
<br><Eyllia> While the Houses have been working on trade, our people have not commited soldiers at this time, outside of myself and my ship.
 +
<br><Eyllia> Our numbers are not great, and much of the Houses take a slow long look at such actions.
 +
<br><Roime> A respectable outlook.
 +
<br>* Eyllia says in tone such that she personally does not agree.
 +
<br><Iowa> (elven) Roime, the Moon Maiden favors this endeavor. Surely that holds some sway for the chosen of the lord of Arvandor?
 +
<br><Roime> (e) The Lord of Hunters has been...silent on such matters.
 +
<br>* Roime says, frowning.
 +
<br>* Korivan frowns a little when they start talking in languages he doesn't understand
 +
<br>* Iowa raises an eyebrow.
 +
<br>* Roime shakes her head.
 +
<br><Roime> (To May, in Turathi) What god do you serve?
 +
<br><May> (In Elven) Whichever will help my people.
 +
<br>* Korivan frowns again
 +
<br><Roime> -_-
 +
<br><Roime> I will pray upon it.
 +
<br><May> I understand your concerns, Roime. I do. But there is a bigger threat.
 +
<br>* Roime says with finality.
 +
<br>* May nods.
 +
<br><May> As will I.
 +
<br>* Roime nods.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You can see yourselves out, a guards will escort you back to the chambers you had been given.
 +
<br><Iowa> I...think your last response may have been a misstep, Mamitu.
 +
<br><Korivan> what...did you say @_@
 +
<br><May> What would you have had me say?
 +
<br><May> The truth.
 +
<br>* Korivan waits for you to actually answer :p
 +
<br><Iowa> She would respect adherence, even different from hers, more than...hmm, a more Turathi approach.
 +
<br><Korivan> @_@
 +
<br><Iowa> She asked what god Mamitu served. She said whichever would serve her people.
 +
<br><Korivan> Hmmm.
 +
<br><Iowa> To Roime, that will sound like typical Turathi arrogance.
 +
<br>* Korivan looks down at may, considering
 +
<br><Korivan> Better to have said.... you serve your people first @_@
 +
<br><May> Yeah well... next time you can talk to her.
 +
<br>* May will walk off to be by herself.
 +
<br>* Korivan frowns
 +
<br><Iowa> She does not do this much, huh?
 +
<br><Korivan> no.
 +
<br>* Iowa frowns.
 +
<br><Iowa> Perhaps we can speak with Roime.
 +
<br><Korivan> Would it help?
 +
<br><Iowa> (indicates herself, Kryx, and Korivan)
 +
<br>* Korivan was about to ask anyway
 +
<br><Iowa> We are from the valley.
 +
<br><Iowa> We are closer in mindset.
 +
<br><Korivan> *you<br>* ARE...
 +
<br><Iowa> And Kryx, then.
 +
<br><Iowa> You Hrieffen are new, especially to Roime.
 +
<br><Iowa> But still.
 +
<br><Iowa> I don't understand. Mamitu is the leader of her people. Does she not have a patron?
 +
<br>* Korivan frowns at that
 +
<br><Iowa> You and Kryx serve Bane. Sehanine is my mistress. Roime is guided by Corellon.
 +
<br><Korivan> That is her.....unlce's... domain @_@
 +
<br>* Eyllia will slip away to check on May
 +
<br><Korivan> He...
 +
<br>* Korivan is tryign to fnd the words to explain
 +
<br><Korivan> places himself between them @_@
 +
<br><Iowa> Sahhiru is their...*chaman*?
 +
<br><Iowa> Gaath?
 +
<br><Korivan> He is thier.... agent >:|
 +
<br><Korivan> but he encourages her in... all of this
 +
<br><Korivan> It makes no sense to me @_@
 +
<br><Iowa> In all of what?
 +
<br><Korivan> this building of alliances.  Claiming her place.
 +
<br><Korivan> the city @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> she does need us.
 +
<br>* Iowa nods.
 +
<br>* Roime is now known as Kryx
 +
<br><Kryx> She is...a living ancestor. She is set in her ways.
 +
<br><Korivan> pfft
 +
<br><Korivan> She igonres her own gods
 +
<br>* Kryx nods.
 +
<br><Kryx> As does Mamitu, I think.
 +
<br><Korivan> she's not.... pretending to listen :p
 +
<br>* Kryx frowns.
 +
<br><Iowa> Her own foolishness aside, we *need<br>* Roime.
 +
<br><Iowa> It's as simple as that.
 +
<br>* Korivan nods
 +
<br><Korivan> (thou I'm sure the ancestors are grumpy.... do they have anything useful to conribute though? ;)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, actually, yes. Well, maybe. It's the usual cacophony, but several times you can make out the words "succession" and "legacy.")
 +
<br><Korivan> (what does that mean here?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (That's a very good question ;) )
 +
<br>* Korivan considers
 +
<br><Korivan> Do we...
 +
<br><Korivan> @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> Her gods spoke.... not to her @_@
 +
<br>* Iowa nods.
 +
<br><Korivan> We shoudl speak.... also.... with Yula @_@
 +
<br><Kryx> Hmm.
 +
<br><Iowa> To what end? She wasn't able to swat her mother before.
 +
<br><Korivan> As slow as the elves move..... she is their future @_@
 +
<br><Iowa> (sway, rather, not swat :p )
 +
<br><Iowa> I pray that move is fast enough.
 +
<br><Korivan> Everything we have done.... has been to carry our traditions....forward.
 +
<br>* Kryx nods.
 +
<br><Korivan> their surivival.... will require the same @_@
 +
 +
===Severina informs Laris of some dissent in the ranks===
 +
<br>* Severina will come find Laris the day after he talked to Gladius.
 +
<br>* Laris is in his office, say.
 +
<br>* Severina will knock.
 +
<br><Laris> Come in.
 +
<br>* Severina will step in and casually, but precisely, salute.
 +
<br><Severina> A moment of your time, sir?
 +
<br><Laris> Of course. 
 +
<br>* Severina will stay standing at rest unless otherwise directed.
 +
<br>* Laris gestures for her to have a seat.
 +
<br>* Severina nods and will do so.
 +
<br><Severina> We've been cycling troops between the city and the fort as discussed, sir.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Laris> Do you find it's been beneficial?
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Yes, sir, absolutely.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (ww)
 +
<br><Severina> Yes, sir, absolutely.
 +
<br><Laris> Very good.
 +
<br><Severina> But, with time to socialize in the city...
 +
<br><Severina> People have heard about this whole Green Steel Legion business.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br>* Severina frowns.
 +
<br><Laris> Is it causing concern among the troops?
 +
<br><Severina> Not among the troops, no.
 +
<br><Severina> Our people will hold, and Kadanu and Temu's folks are steady.
 +
<br><Severina> But the people in the city...
 +
<br><Laris> They are anxious?
 +
<br><Severina> The young ones grew up after the Fall, but the elders, the ones with money and influence, they remember those last golden years of the Empire.
 +
<br><Severina> And more than a few are thinking maybe it might be nice to be a part of one again.
 +
<br><Laris> ah :|
 +
<br><Laris> I can understand their position, but this.. 'empire'.. it wouldn't be what they are imagining.
 +
<br><Severina> You are proselytizing to the priest, sir.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Severina> I'm just informing you of the situation.
 +
<br><Severina> It's not a problem right now, but it could be.
 +
<br><Laris> I appreciate it.  Would it be worthwhile for me to meet with some of these nostalgic citizens and attempt to convey the benefits of our current situation?
 +
<br>* Induriel (~Mibbit@mtrlpq4396w-70-53-213-11.dsl.bell.ca) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client�)
 +
<br><Severina> That's above my pay grade, sir.
 +
<br><Severina> I just march where you tell me and kill who you tell me to. :)
 +
<br>* Laris smiles at that.
 +
<br><Laris> Do you have names of some of the folk who might be leaning towards this position?
 +
<br><Severina> Aulus Drusus, Sanapu Uruhis, and Ione Melda were the names I heard most, sir.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Laris> (do I know who those folks are? or just random townspeople ;)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Drusus is a shadar-kai merchant with significant shipping trade, Sanapu Uruhis is a prominent tiefling slaver, and Ione Melda is an eladrin who owns/operates a major dyeworks.)
 +
<br><Laris> (thanks)
 +
<br><Laris> Very well.  I'll see what I can do.
 +
<br>* Severina nods.
 +
<br><Severina> Let me know if there is marching or killing to do, sir.
 +
<br>* Severina smiles.
 +
<br><Laris> Perhaps when Gladius returns.
 +
<br><Laris> Is there anything else needed, in terms of supplies or equipment, that we might be able to procure while you're here?
 +
<br><Severina> A few standard things for you to sign off on. I have them ready to load and bring back to the fort on your say so.
 +
<br><Laris> Certainly.
 +
 +
 +
===Eyllia attempts to give May a pep talk===
 +
<br>* May is sitting and leaning against a large tree, looking out at the forest.
 +
<br><Eyllia> May, don't get down on yourself.  Things were never going to be settled with a single meeting.  You did fine.
 +
<br>* May looks up.
 +
<br>* Eyllia says as she approaches
 +
<br><May> I may have just killed us all with one wrong sentence. I think I'm allowed to be down on myself.
 +
<br><May> This is why I never wanted to be a ruler.
 +
<br><Eyllia> If Roime lets a single sentence guide her choices, then you probably didn't need her as an ally anyway.
 +
<br><May> And if we fail because we didn't have her help? Then it's my fault. I can't do this...
 +
<br><May> People think I'm... strong... that I'm a leader. I'm not.
 +
<br>* Eyllia sits next to her
 +
<br><May> I never asked for any of this.
 +
<br>* Induriel (~Mibbit@mtrlpq4396w-70-53-213-11.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #YOAW
 +
<br><Eyllia> That's part of what makes you good at it.  You're not in this for the glory or personal power and recognition.
 +
<br>* May laughs bitterly.
 +
<br><Eyllia> your reluctance makes you look at every aspect of a choice, good and bad.
 +
<br><May> And still make the wrong one.
 +
<br><Eyllia> any leader who says they havent made mistakes is liar and a bad leader.
 +
<br><Eyllia> This hasn't fully played out yet.
 +
<br><Eyllia> It was not just you who wants this alliance.  We came here with lots of others who can help steer this down the right river.
 +
<br>* May nods and takes a deep breathe
 +
<br><May> I just... I wish my uncle were here.
 +
<br><Eyllia> Your uncle advised you to take this trip, yes?
 +
<br>* May nods.
 +
<br><Eyllia> then his will goes with you.  He felt it was the right choice.
 +
<br><May> What if he was wrong?
 +
<br><Eyllia> then you change the narrative.  This is about showing your current allies how much you value them that you took this effort.
 +
<br><Eyllia> even if it was never going to work.
 +
<br>* May considers that.
 +
<br><Eyllia> making them support you more
 +
<br><May> I know you all support me. Just as I support you. I was hoping Roime would be able to see that.
 +
<br><Eyllia> It was just a thought, thats all.
 +
<br>* May sighs and leans against you.
 +
<br><May> I just hope I didn't mess things up too  badly.
 +
<br>* Eyllia will take May's hand
 +
<br><Eyllia> Even if you did, we'll find a way through this fog and avoid the rocks.
 +
<br>* May smiles a bit at that.
 +
<br><May> Thank you.
 +
<br><Eyllia> Have to take care of my friend
 +
<br>* Eyllia squeezes her hand and gives a smile
 +
<br>* May smiles back.
 +
<br><Eyllia> I know you would do the same for me
 +
<br>* May laughs for a moment.
 +
<br><Eyllia> lets head back before Korivan tries to convince a tree to help us or something
 +
<br><May> The day I need to give you a pep talk will be a bad day for everyone.
 +
<br>* May laughs again.
 +
<br><May> ok. Thank you again.
 +
  
 
==Solos==
 
==Solos==
 +
===Korivan checks on May===
 +
<br>* May will be in her assigned lodgings that evening.
 +
<br><May> (I assume some kind of building, or at least tents, maybe?)
 +
<br><Korivan> (could be a cave tbh)
 +
<br><May> (Whichever)
 +
<br>* Korivan will come by and see if you are there.... and wait for you if you are not
 +
<br>* May will be sitting in her room, seemingly meditating on her bed.
 +
<br>* May opens her eyes when you come in.
 +
<br><Korivan> May...
 +
<br><May> Hey...
 +
<br><May> Come in.
 +
<br><May> Listen... I'm sorry about before.
 +
<br><May> I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself.
 +
<br><Korivan> hmm.
 +
<br><Korivan> Why?
 +
<br><May> Because I may have screwed up this whole thing.
 +
<br>* Korivan will come and sit on your bed
 +
<br><Korivan> The future....isn't set @_@
 +
<br><May> No, of course not. But some futures are more likely than others.
 +
<br><May> And I don't think I really helped things today.
 +
<br><Korivan> This future... isn;t set.
 +
<br>* May sighs and rolls her eyes.
 +
<br><Korivan> it isn't
 +
<br><May> That doesn't mean our actions don't have consequences.
 +
<br>* Korivan shrugs
 +
<br><May> What if I'm the reason that we fail?
 +
<br><Korivan> we can... recover
 +
<br><Korivan> Iowa will speak with Roime
 +
<br><May> I know. And I know nothing is certain.
 +
<br><May> I just... expected more of myself maybe.
 +
<br><May> Maybe I shouldn't have.
 +
<br><May> This is the part of ruling I'm no good at. I'm not a statesman. I'm not a negotiator. I never will be.
 +
<br>* Korivan shakes his head
 +
<br><Korivan> We have other strenghts
 +
<br><Korivan> A tribe is string tht makes use of all its peopl'e strenghts
 +
<br><May> I know. And I try to. I should have let someone else take the lead.
 +
<br><Korivan> mmmm
 +
<br>* Korivan shrugs
 +
<br><Korivan> It was a strong start
 +
<br>* May shrugs.
 +
<br><May> Where we start doesn't always matter as much as where we end up.
 +
<br><Korivan> The ancestors...say.... oime will not rule here forever @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> (Roime)
 +
<br><May> No one rules forever. Just ask Turath.
 +
<br><Korivan> YOur words....and your ways.... and not for her alone @_@
 +
<br><May> You're talking about Yula...
 +
<br><Korivan> Yes
 +
<br><Korivan> Their gods did not speaok to Roime
 +
<br><May> But Roime is still the ruler here. She's the one we need to convince.
 +
<br><Korivan> perhaps @_@
 +
<br><May> It doesn't help us if Yula likes us if she isn't in power for a hundred years.
 +
<br><Korivan> There are....different kinds of power.
 +
<br><Korivan> And things can change... quickly
 +
<br><Korivan> @_@
 +
<br>* May looks at you a bit suspiciously.
 +
<br><May> Do you know something I don't?
 +
<br><Korivan> No....  you know this too, May, how these changes can come... unexpectedly @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> But the ancestors..... speak of succession.  Legacy.
 +
<br><Korivan> There is somethig to that.
 +
<br><Korivan> they see more clearly...the paths ahead
 +
<br><May> We can't count on that. We have to work with what we have.
 +
<br><Korivan> we will see.... what Gaath Iowa can achieve
 +
<br><Korivan> but you....should not forget Yula.  She...brought you here.
 +
<br><Korivan> She is  important @_@
 +
<br><May> I haven't forgotten her. I'm here because of her. Because her mother didn't believe her in the first place.
 +
<br><Korivan> yes.
 +
<br><May> Which does not speak well for how much she'll be willing to listen to me.
 +
<br><Korivan> Perhaps.
 +
<br>* May sighs.
 +
<br><May> You and your "Perhaps".
 +
<br><Korivan> But Yula.... may not be the only one who sees past her mother's blindness.
 +
<br><Korivan> She came because she....care for her people
 +
<br><Korivan> so.... tak to her
 +
<br><Korivan> (talk)
 +
<br>* May nods.
 +
<br><May> I will.
 +
<br><May> It can't hurt at least.
 +
<br><Korivan> For now.... I can....distract you >:D
 +
<br>* May laughs.
 +
<br><May> You have a one-track mind sometimes.
 +
<br><Korivan> Yes.
 +
<br>* Korivan agrees and will see if you are amenable to being pulled into his lap
 +
<br><May> ...not right now.
 +
<br>* May will gently push his hands aside.
 +
<br><May> Come back in an hour. I need to finish praying. I promised Roime that I would. And it's always good to ask for guidance.
 +
<br><May> Besides, it will do you good to wait for once ;)
 +
<br><Korivan> I cna help you... pray >:}
 +
<br>* May laughs.
 +
<br><May> Go. I'll make sure it's worth your wait.
 +
<br><Korivan> Mmm.... then I willl return.
 +
<br><May> I'll be waiting.
 +
<br><Korivan> And I will make it worth *your<br>* wait
 +
<br>* Korivan will give you a kiss before going
 +
<br>* May And then they boned... in an hour.
 +
  
 
{{YOAW}}{{YOAW-logs}}
 
{{YOAW}}{{YOAW-logs}}

Latest revision as of 18:43, 11 January 2020

Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 50 Next

Summary

Laris asks Gladius to scout the southern mountains for a good defensible position. Induriel learns that Eren Brescia has left with Lócë Camellia. May's delegation speaks with Roimë and leave a mixed impression. Eyllia tries to cheer up May while Iowa, Kryx, and Korivan strategize how to proceed. Laris learns that there are factions in the city that are intrigued by the rumors of the rising empire.

Session

Session date: 2020-01-05
In Game date:

Laris asks Gladius about Scouting


* Laris will go track him down
* Gladius will be perusing May's library, let's say.
<Laris> Good day, Lord Gladius. Can we talk?
* Gladius will look up from the scroll he was reading.
<Gladius> Of course, Lugal Corvis.
<Laris> Find any interesting reading material?
<Gladius> Indeed. Siru Mamitu's collection is quite extensive.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I was hoping to ask for your assistance.
<Gladius> Oh? What can I help you with?
<Laris> I'm sure you have heard of the danger we face from the south - the orc tribes and others.
* Gladius nods.
<Gladius> I'm obviously more concerned about the 'others.'
* Laris nods
<Laris> As am I.
<Gladius> I take it you and Siru Mamitu do not intend to bend the knee to this 'emperor'?
<Laris> I don't think that's likely.
* Gladius nods approvingly.
<Laris> While I understand your resolution not to attack, do you think it would be possible for you to survey the relevant terrain? Some scouting might at least give us a better idea what we are likely to face, and help us understand the natural obstacles and advantages that lie there.
* Gladius thinks for a moment.
<Laris> Our charts and maps are... quite inadequate in that respect.
<Gladius> I can do so.
<Laris> Thank you. It's very much appreciated. Is there anything we can provide in order to assist?
* Gladius shakes his head.
<Gladius> Thank you, no.
<Gladius> I've done such work before, and I am blessed with an excellent memory.
* Laris nods
<Gladius> Can I assume you plan to commit all forces possible to the southern defense?
<Gladius> Or are there other considerations?
<Laris> It depends somewhat on Mamitu's mission to the Amanya Hatal.
* Gladius nods.
<Gladius> I wish doubly well, then.
<Gladius> And be sure to keep track of contingencies.
<Gladius> A pass that can be held by five hundred troops is of no use if you don't have them to spare.
<Laris> But if that is successful enough to allow us to redirect everything to the south, then yes.
* Laris nods
* Gladius sighs.
<Laris> The Hrieffen are excellent warriors but I fear that the terrain in the south is not their ideal...
* Gladius nods.
<Gladius> The Lalu troops and your own legionnaires should be well-suited.
* Laris nods
<Laris> I hope so. If, as you suggest, we can find a pass or other barrier that we might be able to hold, that would be ideal.
<Gladius> If you have time to dig in at the right point, you could hold off multitudes.
* Laris nods
<Gladius> I'll leave shortly, then.
<Laris> Thank you.
<Gladius> Best not to delay.
* Gladius nods.
<Gladius> I am happy to be able to help.
<Gladius> I would hate to see Nesu Abamatu come to harm.
<Laris> As would all of us. I hope that we will overcome this latest threat.

Induriel learns of Eren's latest indiscretion and Freaks Out


<YOAW_Narrator> Induriel, you've been recovering nicely, you vision mostly back by this point.
* Gladius is now known as Valtheriel
* Induriel continues to sing and sculpt as it returns
* Valtheriel will wait interrupt a sculpting session.
* Induriel looks up and smiles
<Induriel> Valtheriel. Please, come in.
* Valtheriel enters, nodding politely.
<Induriel> Is there any news of the embassy to the Amanya Hatal?
<Valtheriel> Not as yet, no. I have other information that might be of concern to you.
<Induriel> Oh?
* Induriel 's smile fades somewhat
<Valtheriel> Lord Eren left just before Heri Lalu left for her diplomatic mission, as you know.
<Induriel> Yes...
<Valtheriel> What I've now been able to verify is that Loce Camellia has not been seen in the city since the same day.
<Induriel> ...oh, no.
<Induriel> Has she followed him?
<Induriel> When was she last seen?
<Valtheriel> Late in the evening three days ago.
<Induriel> (When is that relative to when Eren left?)
<Valtheriel> (That'd be, oh, half a day after he left?)
<Valtheriel> I have an uncorroborated report that she left the city by the north gate.
<Induriel> (Was that the same gate Eren would have left by?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (He would have left by the west gate, most likely.)
<Induriel> Is she on a course to intercept him, then, do you think? Did she leave alone?
<Valtheriel> To the best of my knowledge, she left alone.
<Valtheriel> As to interception...it's possible.
<Induriel> We must determine what she is up to.
<Valtheriel> It is also possible she left to join the delegation to the Amanya Hatal.
* Induriel frowns, then shakes his head.
<Induriel> That seems unlikely - I do not think Mamitu would take kindly to having a Vanilorran presence forced into the delegation, when it is so clear they would not be welcome.
<Valtheriel> Ettelea is the level-headed one, your lordship.
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> Perhaps.
<Induriel> That does not mean Loce goes without Ettelea's knowledge and approval, however.
<Valtheriel> That is my meaning, my lord.
<Induriel> What, that Loce went without Ettelea's knowledge?
<Valtheriel> That that is a possibility.
<Induriel> What do you advise, then? Should I raise this with Ettelea?
<Valtheriel> I cannot say, my lord. It is certainly an avenue of inquiry.
* Induriel frowns
<Induriel> Let us try to determine what Loce is up to on our own first, then.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Valtheriel> As you wish, my lord.
* Induriel prepares a scrying ritual, and also something to help confuse and misdirect Loce if she is indeed in pursuit of Eren.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll me a Will test, I believe?)
<Induriel> (With the bonus for ritual casting?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
<Induriel> !roll 11d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Induriel: [ 11d6 ] getting [ 4 5 6 2 1 5 3 3 4 3 1 ] for a total of [ 37 ].
<Induriel> (So that's 26?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (11? jeez)
<Induriel> (No, 27, I think.)
<Korivan> (11 d6 tho @_@)
<Induriel> (That's it. Keep 6.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Wait, what are your ratings?)
<Induriel> (What can I say? I'm the Eyllia of ritual casting! :P )
<Induriel> (Will 6, Rituals +5 bonus. Is that right?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Cool cools)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I just hadn't realized it was that high)
<Induriel> (There's a reason I'd rather cast than schmooze!)
<Induriel> (I was May's tutor, after all... :P )
<YOAW_Narrator> (Some ambassador you are. :p )
<Induriel> (Hey, it was Alcarinel's decision, not mine! )
<YOAW_Narrator> You prepare the ritual, a painstakingly precise process, eventually settling within a drawn circle with a crystal bowl filled with water. You chant the words of the the spell, gazing into the pool, which eventually reveals Loce, riding through grassland. You're fairly certain you recognize it as being west of the city. At first you think she is alone, but you see her speak and, after a moment, laugh an an unheard response.
<YOAW_Narrator> She reaches out a hand and, as their hands touch, you can see Eren grabbing her hand a giving it a squeeze.
<Induriel> (So this is the same direction that Eren would be travelling in?)
<Induriel> :O
<Induriel> :O :O :O
<Induriel> ...
<Induriel> . o O (Well.)
<Induriel> . o O (I guess this means Lord Eren is not in danger.)
<Induriel> . o O (At least, not physical danger.)
<Induriel> ...
<Induriel> . o O (Damn. He really is smooth.)
<Induriel> ...
<Induriel> . o O (Just as well I didn't go to Ettelea with this. I wonder if she knows?)
<Induriel> . o O (And if not, how can I use this?)
<Induriel> . o O (I just hope it isn't serious. That would be politically embarrassing.)
<Induriel> . o O (But knowing Eren, it can't be.)
<Induriel> ...
<Induriel> . o O (Right? :/ )
* Valtheriel awaits the outcome of the ritual.
<Induriel> (What else can I see?)
<YOAW_Narrator> They seem to be riding west together for the time being.
<Induriel> (That's toward the portal or gate or whatever that Eren needs to return to Aethrennar?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It can change around a bit, but it's probably a few days west of the city.)
<Induriel> (How long 'til they get there?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Maybe a day or so. It looks like they might be travelling kind of slowly.)
<Induriel> (Pausing for nookie along the way? Great. :/ )
* Induriel brings the ritual to a close, and takes a deep breath.
<Induriel> ...well.
<Induriel> Lord Eren... does not appear to be in any imminent physical danger from Lócë.
<Induriel> Of bodily injury, that is.
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> Did you know, Valtheriel?
<Valtheriel> Know what, my lord?
<Valtheriel> (Doesn't actually take part in rituals.)
<Induriel> (I know!)
<Induriel> They are together... as lovers!
* Induriel hisses
<Induriel> I saw him squeezing her hand, and they were laughing together.
<Induriel> It appears that Lord Eren's legendary charms have worked yet again, and he has seduced her!
<Induriel> Or she has seduced him! :/
* Valtheriel keeps a neutral face.
* Induriel is speaking quietly but urgently
<Induriel> Did you know? Did you suspect?
<Valtheriel> I had know knowledge of this, my lord.
<Valtheriel> I apologize if I have failed you.
* Induriel brushes that aside with an irritated gesture
<Induriel> Never mind that. Lord Eren... seems to enjoy forming the least suitable romantic alliances possible.
<Induriel> In retrospect, perhaps we should have both seen this coming.
<Induriel> However: what now?
<Valtheriel> He can't possibly mean to bring her to Aethrennar.
<Induriel> Can't he? :/
<Valtheriel> The Queen dotes on him, but she would not tolerate *that*.
<Induriel> No indeed.
<Induriel> This is not why she sent him here.
<Induriel> But surely that is not why he asked to leave?
<Induriel> I did not think he and Mamitu would be the best match on a personal level, that much is true.
<Valtheriel> I cannot say, my lord.
<Induriel> Well: what do *we
* do about this?
<Induriel> Does Ettelëa know, do you think?
<Valtheriel> Malliel and/or I could try to catch up to them.
<Induriel> She already knows her sister has been gone for several days - surely she must at least suspect why.
<Induriel> Catch up with them? I doubt that - they are only a day away from the portal, even if they are going slowly.
<Induriel> And to what end? What would you do, or say to them?
<Valtheriel> I would remind...him of his duty to the Queen, and to Aethrennar.
<Valtheriel> Malliel might be more forceful.
* Induriel scoffs
<Induriel> If Lord Eren has so far forgotten his duty already, I doubt anything you could say would persuade him.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> And as for Malliel - being "more forceful" is exactly what I fear. I do not think a confrontation would result in anything other than greater problems. And possible bodily harm. :/
<Induriel> Surely he would not bring her into Aethrennar, even in disguise?
<Valtheriel> I should hope not, but I would also have thought he would at least have avoided the Vanilorran delegation in general.
<Induriel> I shall continue to monitor them. If he is indeed foolish enough to take her to the Shining City, there is no choice: they must be warned.
<Induriel> If not... we must think how best to react to this.
<Valtheriel> The window for sending a message with any chance of beating them there is rapidly closing, my lord.
<Induriel> Let us do so, but see whether he does come through with her. If so, she should be arrested at once.
* Induriel frowns
<Valtheriel> As you wish.
<Induriel> The fact that Lord Eren did not let me know of this is not a good sign.
<Induriel> He may even go so far as to try to free her, if she is taken.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Valtheriel> It is a possibility.
<Valtheriel> Perhaps it would be more prudent to wait and see if she accompanies him to the Feywild?
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> I will scry tomorrow, then, and see whether they part at the portal. If so and she returns, we have options.
<Induriel> If not... well, we must be careful.
<Induriel> We cannot allow the Shining City to be exposed to these traitors. But depending what they intend...
<Induriel> There is an opportunity for misinformation, as well.
<Induriel> And I would not gladly make an enemy of Lord Eren.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Valtheriel> As you say, my lord.
<Induriel> We shall see, then.
<Induriel> In the meantime, we shall speak of this with NO-ONE. Of course.
* Induriel rubs his temples
* Valtheriel nods.
<Induriel> I should have suspected it from the tension between them at that reception...
* Valtheriel is again carefully neutral.
<Induriel> Well, Lord Eren did indicate that he intended to return. We can perhaps raise the question with him delicately then.
* Valtheriel nods.
<Valtheriel> We can hope nothing irreversible happens before then.
* Induriel shudders
<Induriel> If they marry... perhaps it is safest, after all, to warn *someone
* in the capital...
* Induriel muses
* Valtheriel considers.
<Valtheriel> It would still be possible to beat them to Aethrennar after seeing if they enter the Feywild together.
<Valtheriel> But admittedly difficult.
* Induriel sighs
<Induriel> My nephew. He was Eren's companion. Let us send him.
* lan_phone (uid135102@2001:67c:2f08:5::2:fbe) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity�)
<Induriel> Though that means letting him know of the secret...
<Induriel> Argh! There are no good options. :/
<Induriel> . o O (Damn you, Eren!)
<Valtheriel> It is a delicate situation, my lord.
<Valtheriel> Shall I summon your nephew?
<Induriel> I wonder if he knew?
<Induriel> I should like to have a chat with him, at least. And see whether he volunteers anything. I can decide then. :/
* Valtheriel bows and will go retrieve him.

The delegation meet with the head of the Amanya Hatal


<YOAW_Narrator> The delegation to the AH is put up in spartan but comfortable quarters. You get the impression much of the AH's dwelling is like this. It's pretty, but definitely with an eye to defense.
* Korivan isn't particularly troubled but the lack of 'comfort'
* May is a bit put out but trying not to let it show.
<YOAW_Narrator> Roime will send for what delegates you wish to attend her later the day of your arrival.
* Korivan can attend if so desired.
* May will try to wrangle everyone to the meeting place.
<Korivan> (I assume it would be so desired, the Hrieffen are kind of significant ;)
<May> (Heh, yes, we want you there ;)
* Valtheriel is now known as Roime
* Korivan has more formal marks of station for this.... fancy headress, skull staff, etc ;)
* May will wear a fancy robe
* Roime will have her guards escort you to meet her in a garden within the structure, open to the sky but well past the outside of the mountain.
* Eyllia will have a semi-formal outfit of fine quality, with a broach marked of the Houses.
* May will check with Eyllia that her hair looks ok and mumble about how she should have brought Sar-Ili along.
* Roime is sitting under a large tree, waiting for you. The are various stones clearly meant for sitting.
* Eyllia will make sure it looks great, with a nice pin in it
* Korivan will sit near May
<May> Hello again. Thank you for seeing us.
* May will sit down.
<Roime> Thank you for bringing my daughter home. She is...excitable.
* Eyllia will take a seat as well
* May smiles.
<Roime> Please, tell me who I'm speaking with.
* Roime indicates the others.
* May will go around and introduce everyone with their honorifics.
<Korivan> I am Gaath Hrieffen Eryvet Korivan
* Roime nods.
<Roime> (Goblin) We have heard of you, Gaath Hrieffen. Welcome.
<Eyllia> I am Eyllia D'Azzure, daughter of the Wavemistress Captain, Eyricia D'Azzure, of the Houses of Elemental Order, and captain of the Emerald Drake.
* Korivan nods
<Roime> Welcome, Eyllia D'Azzure, daughter of Eyricia. We are unfamiliar with you and your people. How do you come to these lands?
<Eyllia> Our people come from across the Eastern Sea.
<Eyllia> It is very recent our arrival here
<Roime> You have come a long way.
<Roime> And how do the Houses of Elemental Order come to serve the scions of Turath?
* Korivan makes a face at that
* May starts to say something but stops herself.
<Korivan> None of us are....servants
<Roime> No? I thought Turath had only servants or enemies.
<Roime> This has always been my experience.
<May> We are not Turath.
<Roime> Red skin, horns...you seem the very model of Turath to me.
<May> I am a child of turath, yes. But I am not an emperor and these are not my subjects. We are here as allies.
<May> The fall of Turath changed everything. We are changing with it.
* Roime nods.
<Roime> It is good you are young. An older mind would not adapt so readily.
* May nods.
<May> I see no reason to bind myself to old ways.
<May> Especially when no one is left to enforce them.
<Roime> Many are left to enforce them. You call them gods.
<Roime> And there can be wisdom in old ways.
<Roime> I have heard you wield magic. You learned it, did you not?
<May> I am a student of it, yes. But being a student means knowing what to accept and what to test. Our gods respect power. Power comes in many forms.
* Roime gives a slight smile at that.
<Roime> And you are here to seek more.
<May> In a way, yes.
<May> We want you to join us in the fight against the ones who really DO think they are the scions of a dead empire.
<Roime> You know they are coming?
<May> They told us so themselves.
<May> And we have confirmed the oracles. They are say the same thing.
<May> (all)
* Korivan nods
<May> A great beast that will settle in Nesu Abamatu and stretch out its tentacles from there.
<Korivan> as your daughter foresaw @_@
* Roime frowns.
<Roime> What do you propose?
<May> An alliance. We will do everything we can to defend our lands, but we need all the help we can get. If Nesu Abamatu falls, there will be nothing between you and them.
<Roime> I'm sure you believe that.
<Roime> But I take your meaning.
<Roime> And after they are defeated?
<May> Then we would value your friendship. But that's up to you.
<Roime> (to Korivan, Eyllia, et al)
<Roime> And what does that mean?
<Roime> What is...Nesu Abamatu's friendship?
* Korivan will look at Kryx to back him up on this
* NPC2 is now known as Kryx
<Korivan> Trade. Strength. They have helped us cleanse Gabburrim lands @_@
* Kryx 's voice is a little harsher these days, but he speaks up.
<Kryx> They saved my tribe.
<Kryx> Twice now.
<Roime> Yes. The valley is well-rid of the the Maazikai.
<Roime> But, correct me if I am wrong, but Osoro warriors aided in that battle. No?
<Korivan> and others @_@
<Eyllia> The Houses are newly arrived, but Nesu Abamatu welcomed us, gave us our chance to prove the benefit of our relationship, and even now helps us to re-establish.
<Korivan> The City is... part of an alliance
<Roime> Did Iaga not fall beneath Nesu Abamatu's blades shortly thereafter?
<Eyllia> They have dealt with us honestly and I am glad I could help all of these allies up the river to meet with you.
* Kryx is now known as Iowa
<Iowa> Iaga was a bane to these lands, as well.
<Iowa> The Osoro yet live, and now live, and will fight, alongside the rest of us.
* Roime barely reacts, but seems doubtful.
<Roime> (To Eyllia) Have you anything they want that you were not giving them?
* Eyllia nods
<Eyllia> While the Houses have been working on trade, our people have not commited soldiers at this time, outside of myself and my ship.
<Eyllia> Our numbers are not great, and much of the Houses take a slow long look at such actions.
<Roime> A respectable outlook.
* Eyllia says in tone such that she personally does not agree.
<Iowa> (elven) Roime, the Moon Maiden favors this endeavor. Surely that holds some sway for the chosen of the lord of Arvandor?
<Roime> (e) The Lord of Hunters has been...silent on such matters.
* Roime says, frowning.
* Korivan frowns a little when they start talking in languages he doesn't understand
* Iowa raises an eyebrow.
* Roime shakes her head.
<Roime> (To May, in Turathi) What god do you serve?
<May> (In Elven) Whichever will help my people.
* Korivan frowns again
<Roime> -_-
<Roime> I will pray upon it.
<May> I understand your concerns, Roime. I do. But there is a bigger threat.
* Roime says with finality.
* May nods.
<May> As will I.
* Roime nods.
<YOAW_Narrator> You can see yourselves out, a guards will escort you back to the chambers you had been given.
<Iowa> I...think your last response may have been a misstep, Mamitu.
<Korivan> what...did you say @_@
<May> What would you have had me say?
<May> The truth.
* Korivan waits for you to actually answer :p
<Iowa> She would respect adherence, even different from hers, more than...hmm, a more Turathi approach.
<Korivan> @_@
<Iowa> She asked what god Mamitu served. She said whichever would serve her people.
<Korivan> Hmmm.
<Iowa> To Roime, that will sound like typical Turathi arrogance.
* Korivan looks down at may, considering
<Korivan> Better to have said.... you serve your people first @_@
<May> Yeah well... next time you can talk to her.
* May will walk off to be by herself.
* Korivan frowns
<Iowa> She does not do this much, huh?
<Korivan> no.
* Iowa frowns.
<Iowa> Perhaps we can speak with Roime.
<Korivan> Would it help?
<Iowa> (indicates herself, Kryx, and Korivan)
* Korivan was about to ask anyway
<Iowa> We are from the valley.
<Iowa> We are closer in mindset.
<Korivan> *you
* ARE...
<Iowa> And Kryx, then.
<Iowa> You Hrieffen are new, especially to Roime.
<Iowa> But still.
<Iowa> I don't understand. Mamitu is the leader of her people. Does she not have a patron?
* Korivan frowns at that
<Iowa> You and Kryx serve Bane. Sehanine is my mistress. Roime is guided by Corellon.
<Korivan> That is her.....unlce's... domain @_@
* Eyllia will slip away to check on May
<Korivan> He...
* Korivan is tryign to fnd the words to explain
<Korivan> places himself between them @_@
<Iowa> Sahhiru is their...*chaman*?
<Iowa> Gaath?
<Korivan> He is thier.... agent >:|
<Korivan> but he encourages her in... all of this
<Korivan> It makes no sense to me @_@
<Iowa> In all of what?
<Korivan> this building of alliances. Claiming her place.
<Korivan> the city @_@
<Korivan> she does need us.
* Iowa nods.
* Roime is now known as Kryx
<Kryx> She is...a living ancestor. She is set in her ways.
<Korivan> pfft
<Korivan> She igonres her own gods
* Kryx nods.
<Kryx> As does Mamitu, I think.
<Korivan> she's not.... pretending to listen :p
* Kryx frowns.
<Iowa> Her own foolishness aside, we *need
* Roime.
<Iowa> It's as simple as that.
* Korivan nods
<Korivan> (thou I'm sure the ancestors are grumpy.... do they have anything useful to conribute though? ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Oh, actually, yes. Well, maybe. It's the usual cacophony, but several times you can make out the words "succession" and "legacy.")
<Korivan> (what does that mean here?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (That's a very good question ;) )
* Korivan considers
<Korivan> Do we...
<Korivan> @_@
<Korivan> Her gods spoke.... not to her @_@
* Iowa nods.
<Korivan> We shoudl speak.... also.... with Yula @_@
<Kryx> Hmm.
<Iowa> To what end? She wasn't able to swat her mother before.
<Korivan> As slow as the elves move..... she is their future @_@
<Iowa> (sway, rather, not swat :p )
<Iowa> I pray that move is fast enough.
<Korivan> Everything we have done.... has been to carry our traditions....forward.
* Kryx nods.
<Korivan> their surivival.... will require the same @_@

Severina informs Laris of some dissent in the ranks


* Severina will come find Laris the day after he talked to Gladius.
* Laris is in his office, say.
* Severina will knock.
<Laris> Come in.
* Severina will step in and casually, but precisely, salute.
<Severina> A moment of your time, sir?
<Laris> Of course.
* Severina will stay standing at rest unless otherwise directed.
* Laris gestures for her to have a seat.
* Severina nods and will do so.
<Severina> We've been cycling troops between the city and the fort as discussed, sir.
* Laris nods
<Laris> Do you find it's been beneficial?
<YOAW_Narrator> Yes, sir, absolutely.
<YOAW_Narrator> (ww)
<Severina> Yes, sir, absolutely.
<Laris> Very good.
<Severina> But, with time to socialize in the city...
<Severina> People have heard about this whole Green Steel Legion business.
* Laris nods
* Severina frowns.
<Laris> Is it causing concern among the troops?
<Severina> Not among the troops, no.
<Severina> Our people will hold, and Kadanu and Temu's folks are steady.
<Severina> But the people in the city...
<Laris> They are anxious?
<Severina> The young ones grew up after the Fall, but the elders, the ones with money and influence, they remember those last golden years of the Empire.
<Severina> And more than a few are thinking maybe it might be nice to be a part of one again.
<Laris> ah :|
<Laris> I can understand their position, but this.. 'empire'.. it wouldn't be what they are imagining.
<Severina> You are proselytizing to the priest, sir.
* Laris nods
<Severina> I'm just informing you of the situation.
<Severina> It's not a problem right now, but it could be.
<Laris> I appreciate it. Would it be worthwhile for me to meet with some of these nostalgic citizens and attempt to convey the benefits of our current situation?
* Induriel (~Mibbit@mtrlpq4396w-70-53-213-11.dsl.bell.ca) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client�)
<Severina> That's above my pay grade, sir.
<Severina> I just march where you tell me and kill who you tell me to. :)
* Laris smiles at that.
<Laris> Do you have names of some of the folk who might be leaning towards this position?
<Severina> Aulus Drusus, Sanapu Uruhis, and Ione Melda were the names I heard most, sir.
* Laris nods
<Laris> (do I know who those folks are? or just random townspeople ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Drusus is a shadar-kai merchant with significant shipping trade, Sanapu Uruhis is a prominent tiefling slaver, and Ione Melda is an eladrin who owns/operates a major dyeworks.)
<Laris> (thanks)
<Laris> Very well. I'll see what I can do.
* Severina nods.
<Severina> Let me know if there is marching or killing to do, sir.
* Severina smiles.
<Laris> Perhaps when Gladius returns.
<Laris> Is there anything else needed, in terms of supplies or equipment, that we might be able to procure while you're here?
<Severina> A few standard things for you to sign off on. I have them ready to load and bring back to the fort on your say so.
<Laris> Certainly.


Eyllia attempts to give May a pep talk


* May is sitting and leaning against a large tree, looking out at the forest.
<Eyllia> May, don't get down on yourself. Things were never going to be settled with a single meeting. You did fine.
* May looks up.
* Eyllia says as she approaches
<May> I may have just killed us all with one wrong sentence. I think I'm allowed to be down on myself.
<May> This is why I never wanted to be a ruler.
<Eyllia> If Roime lets a single sentence guide her choices, then you probably didn't need her as an ally anyway.
<May> And if we fail because we didn't have her help? Then it's my fault. I can't do this...
<May> People think I'm... strong... that I'm a leader. I'm not.
* Eyllia sits next to her
<May> I never asked for any of this.
* Induriel (~Mibbit@mtrlpq4396w-70-53-213-11.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #YOAW
<Eyllia> That's part of what makes you good at it. You're not in this for the glory or personal power and recognition.
* May laughs bitterly.
<Eyllia> your reluctance makes you look at every aspect of a choice, good and bad.
<May> And still make the wrong one.
<Eyllia> any leader who says they havent made mistakes is liar and a bad leader.
<Eyllia> This hasn't fully played out yet.
<Eyllia> It was not just you who wants this alliance. We came here with lots of others who can help steer this down the right river.
* May nods and takes a deep breathe
<May> I just... I wish my uncle were here.
<Eyllia> Your uncle advised you to take this trip, yes?
* May nods.
<Eyllia> then his will goes with you. He felt it was the right choice.
<May> What if he was wrong?
<Eyllia> then you change the narrative. This is about showing your current allies how much you value them that you took this effort.
<Eyllia> even if it was never going to work.
* May considers that.
<Eyllia> making them support you more
<May> I know you all support me. Just as I support you. I was hoping Roime would be able to see that.
<Eyllia> It was just a thought, thats all.
* May sighs and leans against you.
<May> I just hope I didn't mess things up too badly.
* Eyllia will take May's hand
<Eyllia> Even if you did, we'll find a way through this fog and avoid the rocks.
* May smiles a bit at that.
<May> Thank you.
<Eyllia> Have to take care of my friend
* Eyllia squeezes her hand and gives a smile
* May smiles back.
<Eyllia> I know you would do the same for me
* May laughs for a moment.
<Eyllia> lets head back before Korivan tries to convince a tree to help us or something
<May> The day I need to give you a pep talk will be a bad day for everyone.
* May laughs again.
<May> ok. Thank you again.


Solos

Korivan checks on May


* May will be in her assigned lodgings that evening.
<May> (I assume some kind of building, or at least tents, maybe?)
<Korivan> (could be a cave tbh)
<May> (Whichever)
* Korivan will come by and see if you are there.... and wait for you if you are not
* May will be sitting in her room, seemingly meditating on her bed.
* May opens her eyes when you come in.
<Korivan> May...
<May> Hey...
<May> Come in.
<May> Listen... I'm sorry about before.
<May> I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself.
<Korivan> hmm.
<Korivan> Why?
<May> Because I may have screwed up this whole thing.
* Korivan will come and sit on your bed
<Korivan> The future....isn't set @_@
<May> No, of course not. But some futures are more likely than others.
<May> And I don't think I really helped things today.
<Korivan> This future... isn;t set.
* May sighs and rolls her eyes.
<Korivan> it isn't
<May> That doesn't mean our actions don't have consequences.
* Korivan shrugs
<May> What if I'm the reason that we fail?
<Korivan> we can... recover
<Korivan> Iowa will speak with Roime
<May> I know. And I know nothing is certain.
<May> I just... expected more of myself maybe.
<May> Maybe I shouldn't have.
<May> This is the part of ruling I'm no good at. I'm not a statesman. I'm not a negotiator. I never will be.
* Korivan shakes his head
<Korivan> We have other strenghts
<Korivan> A tribe is string tht makes use of all its peopl'e strenghts
<May> I know. And I try to. I should have let someone else take the lead.
<Korivan> mmmm
* Korivan shrugs
<Korivan> It was a strong start
* May shrugs.
<May> Where we start doesn't always matter as much as where we end up.
<Korivan> The ancestors...say.... oime will not rule here forever @_@
<Korivan> (Roime)
<May> No one rules forever. Just ask Turath.
<Korivan> YOur words....and your ways.... and not for her alone @_@
<May> You're talking about Yula...
<Korivan> Yes
<Korivan> Their gods did not speaok to Roime
<May> But Roime is still the ruler here. She's the one we need to convince.
<Korivan> perhaps @_@
<May> It doesn't help us if Yula likes us if she isn't in power for a hundred years.
<Korivan> There are....different kinds of power.
<Korivan> And things can change... quickly
<Korivan> @_@
* May looks at you a bit suspiciously.
<May> Do you know something I don't?
<Korivan> No.... you know this too, May, how these changes can come... unexpectedly @_@
<Korivan> But the ancestors..... speak of succession. Legacy.
<Korivan> There is somethig to that.
<Korivan> they see more clearly...the paths ahead
<May> We can't count on that. We have to work with what we have.
<Korivan> we will see.... what Gaath Iowa can achieve
<Korivan> but you....should not forget Yula. She...brought you here.
<Korivan> She is important @_@
<May> I haven't forgotten her. I'm here because of her. Because her mother didn't believe her in the first place.
<Korivan> yes.
<May> Which does not speak well for how much she'll be willing to listen to me.
<Korivan> Perhaps.
* May sighs.
<May> You and your "Perhaps".
<Korivan> But Yula.... may not be the only one who sees past her mother's blindness.
<Korivan> She came because she....care for her people
<Korivan> so.... tak to her
<Korivan> (talk)
* May nods.
<May> I will.
<May> It can't hurt at least.
<Korivan> For now.... I can....distract you >:D
* May laughs.
<May> You have a one-track mind sometimes.
<Korivan> Yes.
* Korivan agrees and will see if you are amenable to being pulled into his lap
<May> ...not right now.
* May will gently push his hands aside.
<May> Come back in an hour. I need to finish praying. I promised Roime that I would. And it's always good to ask for guidance.
<May> Besides, it will do you good to wait for once ;)
<Korivan> I cna help you... pray >:}
* May laughs.
<May> Go. I'll make sure it's worth your wait.
<Korivan> Mmm.... then I willl return.
<May> I'll be waiting.
<Korivan> And I will make it worth *your
* wait
* Korivan will give you a kiss before going
* May And then they boned... in an hour.