Difference between revisions of "Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session 44"

From RocksfallWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "{{subst:yoawsession}}")
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
  
{{logtoc|Ye Olde Adventure Worlde|}}
+
{{logtoc|Ye Olde Adventure Worlde|44}}
 
==Summary==
 
==Summary==
 +
[[Yula]] speaks to [[May]] and [[Saḫḫiru]] with [[Induriel]], explaining her mission and vision or a great ravenous beast coiling in the mountains to the south (values statement not included).  They make plans for a ritual to be able to see her vision for themselves.  Meanwhile, [[Korivan]], [[Laris]], [[Eyllia]] and the others arrive at the cave where the Booyashag is hiding, and find it guarded by a powerful demon.  Korivan starts a ritual to  separate the booyashag from the source of its power, but he is attacked by the demon until the young goblin warlock, [[Malak]] calls it off, wanting to know how the power has been stopped.  After tense discussions, they transfer Malak's connection to his demon patron to the nearly dead captured orc, and sever it.  Malak agrees to come with them, accompanied by his demon pet, [[Gurluk]], which thrilled absolutely everyone.
  
 
==Session==
 
==Session==
: Session date:
+
: Session date: 2019-09-29
: In Game date:
+
: In Game date: ???
 +
 
 +
===Yula has her audience with May===
 +
<br>* Yula will follow the guard the audience chamber.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> May, a guard brings in the woman from the Amanya Hatal.
 +
<br>* Yula seems curious about her surroundings, but not particularly cowed or nervous.
 +
<br><May> Hello. Welcome to Nesu Abamatu.
 +
<br>* Induriel follows, unless stopped...
 +
<br>* NPC2 is now known as Sahhiru
 +
<br><Yula> My thanks, Mamitu of House Lalu.
 +
<br>* May will let Induriel follow her in but give him a stern look on the way in to make sure he remembers where he is.
 +
<br>* Induriel can't see it, since he's blind! :D
 +
<br><May> (Lol, right)
 +
<br><Yula> I am Yula, of the line of Apacenya.
 +
<br><Yula> I believe there is a grave threat to both of our peoples, and I hoped to speak with you about uniting to defeat it.
 +
<br><May> I see... you get right to the point, huh?
 +
<br><May> Not that I'm complaining.
 +
<br><May> What is this threat?
 +
<br><Yula> I...am not sure.
 +
<br><Yula> I had a vision of a great beast to the south.
 +
<br><May> A vision? Is that... normal for you?
 +
<br><Yula> It is not unusual.
 +
<br><May> What kind of beast?
 +
<br><Yula> The lord of Arvandor blesses me with foresight from time to time.
 +
<br>* May nods.
 +
<br><Yula> A dead beast, with many limbs and mouths, hungry and rapacious.
 +
<br>* Yula smiles a bit shyly.
 +
<br><Yula> I assume this to be metaphor.
 +
<br><May> Well that sounds... not great.
 +
<br>* Yula nods.
 +
<br><May> Are you here on your own behalf, or that of your people and leader?
 +
<br>* Induriel nods at the question
 +
<br><Yula> I am here upon behalf of my people and Roimë, our leader and my mother, though I am not here at her behest.
 +
<br><May> Your mother? You're Roimë's daughter?
 +
<br>* Yula nods.
 +
<br><May> I see...
 +
<br><Sahhiru> You say you are not here at her behest. Are you here with her knowledge?
 +
<br>* Yula shakes her head,
 +
<br><May> Yula... is there anything more you can tell me about this vision? And what does your mother say about it?
 +
<br><Yula> She believes it to be merely a bad dream.
 +
<br>* Yula frowns.
 +
<br>* May considers.
 +
<br><Yula> But I saw it, coiled beyond the mountains. It was biding its time, and, in a rain of gold and steel, it flowed over the peaks and into the valley.
 +
<br><May> Gold and steel... hmmm.
 +
<br><Yula> Fire and death followed where it walked, and it came to rest here, in your city.
 +
<br><Yula> Here, it waited again, slowly leeching its destruction far beyond the valley.
 +
<br>* May will turn to Sahirru. "Beyond the mountains... what do we know about that territory past the lake?"
 +
<br><Yula> I saw my people bound, dead and alive, and our cousins to the north. The beastfolk to the west were leashed like hounds before it, and the smallfolk of the rivers and plains were servants to a beast of fire and shadow.
 +
<br>* Sahhiru frowns.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> Little enough. Orc tribes, and none too friendly.
 +
<br><May> Hmm.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> And, of course, whatever the wadjet and their mercenaries are up to.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> Could that be what she's seen?
 +
<br><May> It's possible.
 +
<br><May> Yula... I'd like to see this vision. If you'd permit me I'd like to try setting up a ritual. One that might let me see your memory of it. Would you be willing to allow that?
 +
<br>* Yula pauses, then nods.
 +
<br><Yula> If it will convince you, yes.
 +
<br><May> I can't promise anything. Even if I do believe you, I'm not sure how much we can do without your mother's approval. But it's a start. I'll begin the preparations. In the meantime, have you eaten?
 +
<br>* Yula pauses, a little unsure.
 +
<br><Yula> Not recently, no.
 +
<br>* May will gesture to a servant.
 +
<br><May> Then eat and rest as my guest for now.
 +
<br>* lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
 +
<br><Yula> Thank you, Mamitu of the Lalu.
 +
<br><May> Ill send for you when we're ready.
 +
<br>* Yula frowns but nods, then follows a servant out.
 +
 
 +
===May, Induriel, and Saḫḫiru consult and make preparations===
 +
<br>* May will turn to Sahirru and Induriel.
 +
<br><May> That's... ominous.
 +
<br>* Induriel frowns
 +
<br><May> I wonder if she starts all conversations that way.
 +
<br><Induriel> Yes. And in keeping with what we've been seeing to the south.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> She wouldn't be the only ally who does so.
 +
<br><May> Possibly.
 +
<br><May> She seems sincere but I still want to see what it was she thinks she saw. It might help get a better view of the threat.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> We'l have to step up intelligence to the south. I'll dispatch Ferko presently.
 +
<br><Induriel> I have questions, though. Why does her own mother not believe her? Or, perhaps, believe her but not want to act?
 +
<br>* May nods.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> There could be a multitude of reasons for that.
 +
<br><May> Maybe she knows something we don't. Or doesn't know something we do.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> Perhaps Roimë believes her, but thinks herself safe and hope this threat will wipe us out.
 +
<br><Induriel> Just so. She said that the beast "came to rest" here. And that its evil "leeched" out from here...
 +
<br><Induriel> ...but "leeching" sounds a great deal less active.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> Or it could very well be that Yula is prone to these pronouncements of doom.
 +
<br><Induriel> But this is one that has motivated her to come all the way here, apparently without her mother's knowledge or consent.
 +
<br><Induriel> Unless it is merely a ruse, intended to get us to focus our attention away from them and on the south.
 +
<br><Induriel> But I do not think so.
 +
<br><May> I doubt it. There are better ways to do that.
 +
<br>* Sahhiru nods.
 +
<br><Induriel> And I am still not clear on exactly what she wants from us.
 +
<br><May> What also worries me is what her mother might do if and when she finds out Yula came here.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> I believe that will take further conversation.
 +
<br><Induriel> Well, for now there is also a ritual to prepare, so we can see this vision for ourselves.
 +
<br><Induriel> ...or so *some<br>* of us can see it.
 +
<br><May> Induriel, would you assist me with that? I would appreciate your help.
 +
<br><Induriel> I do not know whether my current condition will extend into the metaphysical.
 +
<br><Induriel> Yes, of course, Mamitu.
 +
<br><Sahhiru> I will leave you to it, then.
 +
<br>* May nods and will take Induriel off for research and prep then.
 +
 
 +
===Korivan et al prepare to face the Booyashag and are attacked===
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, Laris, Eyllia, Rufus, and Vana are still making their way through the mountains in search of the booyashag, a little worse for wear from the orc attack.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you feel the thread drawing to its end as you make your way up a rise. You can see an opening in the rock upslope from where you are.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> It would take some climbing to get to, but nothing too difficult.
 +
<br><Korivan> We drawn near.
 +
<br>* Korivan will point out the crevice
 +
<br>* Yula is now known as Rufus_Metillius
 +
<br>* Laris will ready his bow
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> How dangerous do we think they're likely to be?
 +
<br>* Eyllia will look around, see if there is a concealed path or switchback (they must use something for thier access)
 +
<br><Korivan> (casn I make a general awareness roll to get a sense of gathered energies, magical traps, etc?)
 +
<br>* Sahhiru is now known as Vana
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, you can make a check as well for more mundane things if you want)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (I mean, anybody can, but you specifically mentioned)
 +
<br><Korivan> !roll 6d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 4 6 5 3 4 6 ] for a total of [ 28 ].
 +
<br><Korivan> (21)
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 3d6+6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 3d6+6 ] getting [ 3 3 3 ] for a total of [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 15 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (15)
 +
<br><Laris> !roll 4d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 6 5 3 3 ] for a total of [ 17 ].
 +
<br><Laris> (14)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Laris and Eyllia, you don't see any sort of path, but you can see some scratches on, and even into, the stone near the opening.
 +
<br><Laris> (like as if something with claws climbs around there?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you feel an immense power blazing from the cave, like a bon(e)fire.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Yes, Julie)
 +
<br>* Laris will point that out quietly
 +
<br><Korivan> (can I tell if it is passive or active?)
 +
<br><Vana> The air here is...ill. Tainted.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (You'd guess passive, for the moment.)
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius nods.
 +
<br><Korivan> yes....  the demonic power is...very strong @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> But for now... unfocused
 +
<br><Eyllia> I can work my way up to the entrance.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> So, what do we think? Quick and decisive? We can focus on shutting them down magically and Laris and Eyllia can finish it fast?
 +
<br><Korivan> Yes, though it will be.... difficult to cut them off
 +
<br><Korivan> and the power... may linger @_@
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius frowns.
 +
<br><Korivan> I may be able to use the thread to disrput the power channel... and leave the Booyashag vulnerable
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, if you just want to make your way up there to look, you can make a Stealth check)
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 3d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 4 3 1 ] for a total of [ 8 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (so stealthy)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> As you make your way up the ridge, getting close to the opening, you can hear something large moving in the cave.
 +
<br>* Eyllia will freeze and get ready if something makes an appearance
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You hear a loud snuffling from the cave, a small voice say something you don't understand, a frustrated huff, and then the sound of whatever large thing retreating from the entrance.
 +
<br>* Eyllia will slip back to the group
 +
<br><Laris> <br><q> did you see anything?
 +
<br><Eyllia> <br><q> something big near the entrance... I think it sensed me, but its got a master, who I'm guessing told it to settle down (about what I can guess from the tone of the voice?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, that seems about right)
 +
<br><Korivan> probably... a demon
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> <br><q> Stands to reason.
 +
<br>* Laris looks over at Korivan
 +
<br>* Vana (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
 +
<br><Eyllia> (is the entrance big enough for a demon to choke it - cant get by, or is large enough for use to get around it)
 +
<br><Laris> <br><q> do you think it's wise to try and break its power, then? would the demon become completely out of control?
 +
<br><Korivan> <br><q> yes.
 +
<br><Korivan> <br><q> it cannot summon more
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Depending on the size of the demon, easily. The opening is only about human-sized)
 +
<br><Eyllia> <br><q> having the demon out of control may be the only way by it, if its the one in charge you want.
 +
<br><Korivan> <br><q> also... it may lash out at its master @_@
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius nods.
 +
<br><Laris> <br><q> well, take your chance, before they realize we're here.
 +
<br><Korivan> very well @_@
 +
<br>* Korivan will take a skin from his belt, mutter something in goblinoid (or something like it), and drink it down
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> If I hadn't seen you cast before, I'd think that was a bad idea...
 +
<br>* Korivan glances vaguely in Rufus's direction and shrugs
 +
<br>* Korivan will get down off the horse before the drugs really start to kick in
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Will, I suppose?)
 +
<br>* Korivan will arrange himself into a good position before beginning @_@\
 +
<br><Korivan> (is this to start the ritua;?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Sorry, no, please continue. I wasn't sure you were wanting to detail the ritual.)
 +
<br><Korivan> (I mean, yes, I have some ideas anyway ;)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Cool :))
 +
<br>* Korivan will steel himself, drawing his ritual knife... and then satb it into the wound he receive during the attack the day before, both to use the pain as an achor not to get overwhelmed by the demonc energies, and because.... he will need blood and the half-bead orc is probably not really the most useful sacrifice for this sort of thing
 +
<br>* Korivan will use said blood to start drawing symbols on the earth around him, to use the connection we have currently, takeing the tread that's tied to me to tie off the rest of the warlock's power for the moment...
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, now roll me Will ;) )
 +
<br><Korivan> (remind me - roll to gather and then roll the ritual itself or is it just one roll?)
 +
<br><Korivan> (also.... I am using an ancestor die :x)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Just one roll)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Gathering and all that is the Ashland casting system ;) )
 +
<br>* Korivan rolls [ 8d6 ] getting [ 2 4 2 6 1 6 5 2 ] for a total of [ 28 ]
 +
<br><Korivan> (23)
 +
 
 +
===Malak is freed from demonic interference and the party heads back north, demon in tow===
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> You feel a surge of energy, then you all hear a scream and a roar from the cave. A moment later, a demon that looks something like a large, red-furred gorilla bursts out of the cave entrance, bellowing. After a moment, its gaze settles on your group.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> Oh shit...
 +
<br>* Laris will shoot it, if possible
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Go ahead and roll)
 +
<br><Laris> !roll 4d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 2 5 4 2 ] for a total of [ 13 ].
 +
<br><Laris> (11 only)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The arrow streaks out and into the beast's arm, the fur frosting over. It howls and charges.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia?
 +
<br>* Eyllia will have her swords out and be ready for the demon when it closes
 +
<br><Eyllia> (not sure how that works rules wise... go acrobatic defense and ready to attack it when its in reach?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, that'll work.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (What's your defense when that's active?)
 +
<br><Eyllia> (22)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (kk)
 +
<br>* Vana (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
 +
<br>* Vana begins singing in Primordial and the wind picks up, kicking up dust and rocks into the beast's face and slowing it slightly.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius begins gathering power, shadow coalescing around him.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, go ahead and make your attack)
 +
<br><Eyllia> !roll 9d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 9d6 ] getting [ 3 3 3 1 1 3 4 2 1 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
 +
<br><Eyllia> (18... thats a horrible roll)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Not your best, but enough to hit, and deal some damage.)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The thing's hide is thick, but you leave a bleeding cut along its arm as it moves past you.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The beast barrels down on Korivan and brings a massive fist down on the hogoblin gaath.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (So, it hits you for 15 damage >.>)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (I think maybe you want to take a Wound)
 +
<br><Korivan> (eahhh....)
 +
<br><Korivan> (yeah -_-)
 +
<br>* NPC3 Goblin_Child
 +
<br>* NPC3 is now known as Goblin_Child
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child yells from the cave opening.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Those of you who speak Goblin know that he's shouting "Stop it!")
 +
<br>* Korivan snarls in (more) pain and fights to concentrate on the magic
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The beast pauses and looks back up at the child, fist raised above Korivan again.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> (Goblin) Who are you?
 +
<br><Korivan> I am... Gaath Korivan Eryvet Hrieffent... servant of Bane @_@
 +
<br>* Korivan gasps
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> Hrieffen!?
 +
<br><Korivan> !roll 5d6
 +
<br>* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 3 6 1 5 ] for a total of [ 20 ].
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child ducks back into the cave, peeking around the corner.
 +
<br><Korivan> (17 so I think I'm okay;)\
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> What do you want?
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The demon growls at you, but doesn't attack.
 +
<br><Korivan> Ton destroy.... His enemies.... and thier influence @_@
 +
<br>* Korivan glares up at the demon
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> What did you do just now?
 +
<br><Korivan> I have cut you.... from their power @_@
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> How?
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> How did you stop him?
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> Tell me and I won't have Gurluk kill you.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child says shakily.
 +
<br>* Korivan gestures vaguely to the bloody symbols
 +
<br><Laris> <br><q> him?
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> How long will it last?
 +
<br><Laris> Who is 'him'?
 +
<br>* Laris interjects
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child shout-whispers something you can't make out.
 +
<br><Korivan> <br><q> Bane.... what is this...
 +
<br><Laris> Something is not right here.
 +
<br><Laris> (oh hey, can Rufus understand goblinoid? I can translate for him if need be, because I think I need his input here)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (I think he's learned it by now. He's spent some time with the allied troops. :) )
 +
<br><Laris> (ok)
 +
<br><Korivan> It will last.... as long as my will.... or your death @_@
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child scowls from behind the edge of the cave.
 +
<br><Laris> Are you under the control of someone else?
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child looks at Laris for a moment, then nods.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> 'Gurluk' lets out a huff.
 +
<br><Korivan> (Is gurluk actually a demon?)
 +
<br>* Laris looks over at Korivan
 +
<br><Laris> <br><q> We need to re-evaluate our plan here.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Yes, absolutely. You've seen it's type before. Back in the siege at NA, for one.)
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> <br><q> Is it possible 'warlock' was a generous interpretation of the relationship this kid has with...whatever?
 +
<br><Laris> <br><q> You broke the bond - but the child still seems to have command over this beast.  So what did you break? The child says you "stopped him" - who is really in control here?
 +
<br>* Korivan closes his eyes and will try and tune out the chatter around him and focus on the ancestors and what they can show him about this connection... and maybe if bane has any input too but ancestors seems a better bet
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> ...booyashag.thrall.enslaved...child.prince.scion...sibling.protector.remnant...
 +
<br>* Korivan frowns
 +
<br><Korivan> I can try.... and stop this.  But the power but go to... a vessel.  And that vessel must be... destroyed
 +
<br>* Korivan says first to the kid, but eyes his pet demon :p
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> No!
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> You can't hurt Gurluk, and he won't let you hurt me!
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> They always said you Hrieffen were monsters.
 +
<br><Korivan> I cannot hold this back... forever
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> Then you'll die, too.
 +
<br><Laris> If you can control Gurluk, and it won't harm us, we can try to help you.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child gives a look that I can only describe as very fierce pouting.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> He won't harm you if I tell him not to, and you don't try to hurt me or him.
 +
<br>* Laris looks over at Korivan.
 +
<br>* Korivan glares back
 +
<br><Laris> <br><q> We need to find out what is happening here, and we can't do that if this thing kills you.
 +
<br>* Laris says pointedly
 +
<br>* Korivan scowls but nods, trying to think of options
 +
<br><Laris> We won't hurt you or ... Gurluk.  We want to stop more people from being hurt.
 +
<br>* Laris figures that is fair enough for now... >.>
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child doesn't look like he entirely believes you, but nods.
 +
<br><Laris> Can we come closer?
 +
<br>* Korivan is not making a move to get up
 +
<br>* Korivan looks at rufus though, hoping he at least has a better sense of things
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> I'll come to you. If you try anything, Gurluk will kill you.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius puts his hands up in a placating gesture.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> Sure kid.
 +
<br><Laris> All right.
 +
<br>* Laris lowers his bow.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius steps towards Korivan.
 +
<br>* Eyllia will look at the group and reluctantly follow thier lead
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> <br><q> We just need something to put the power in and destroy, right?
 +
<br>* Korivan nods
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child steps out from the cave and climbs nimbly down the ridge.
 +
<br><Korivan> <br><q> something.... that can hold it @_@
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> <br><q> Three living horses probably aren't enough, and mine and Laris's aren't really made for it...
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius looks over at them.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> <br><q> What about the orc?
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius says, wincing a little.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child will walk to a few yards from whoever is closest.
 +
<br>* Korivan looks over at it
 +
<br><Laris> (how does it look? injured, malnourished or anything?)
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child isn't injured, but frightfully thin.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child is still trying to look defiant, however.
 +
<br><Eyllia> that's the evil warlock?
 +
<br>* Eyllia is confused
 +
<br><Laris> Are you hungry?
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child looks at Eyllia, then at Laris.
 +
<br>* Laris will get out some of our rations and toss them the few yards to the goblin.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child nods, perhaps a little reluctantly.
 +
<br><Eyllia> (i also dont speak goblin)
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child keeps his eyes on everyone while he bends down to grab the rations and begins chewing on a piece at random.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> You're not all Hrieffen.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> Are you imperials?
 +
<br><Laris> No.  We're from Nesu Abamatu.  We are allies, but not all Hrieffen.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child nods.
 +
<br><Laris> You said someone else was in control - can you tell us who it is?
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> Even the spirits?
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child points at Eyllia and Vana.
 +
<br><Laris> They are our friends, yes.
 +
<br><Korivan> the power.... is evil @_@
 +
<br>* Korivan says as an aside to Eyllia
 +
<br>* Vana will sing a few quick lines. The wind picks up a moment.
 +
<br><Vana> That should do for you, Captain.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> Oh, you do speak Goblin.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, you understood that fine.)
 +
<br><Eyllia> with a little help from the wind yes
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child nods, chewing thoughtfully.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> My tribe's patron was in control.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child looks down and away.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> He scares me.
 +
<br><Laris> We came from where the Ankai were trapped.  Did your... tribe's patron have anything to do with that?
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child nods.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child nods guiltily, rather.
 +
<br><Laris> We want to stop that from happening again. 
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> I didn't mean for that to happen. He said he would hurt the people that hurt me. I thought he meant the orcs.
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
<br><Korivan> Demons... lie @_@
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child scowls at Korivan.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> So do gods, Hrieffen.
 +
<br>* Laris looks over at Korivan and Rufus.
 +
<br><Laris> Do you think you can break this connection?
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> I think it's doable, but it'll be tricky.
 +
<br><Korivan> It can't be cleanly.... tie off.  It could be... transferred, but the vessel.... must die @_@
 +
<br>* Eyllia shakes her head
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius nods.
 +
<br><Laris> So, the orc.
 +
<br><Eyllia> to use a child like that...
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> It used a people like that, from my understanding.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> One way or another.
 +
<br>* Korivan nods
 +
<br><Laris> What do you need, then?
 +
<br>* Laris asks the magic peeps.
 +
<br><Korivan> There must be... a connection, first
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> <br><q> Some blood from the kid...and all of the orc, I'm thinking.
 +
<br>* Korivan nods again
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> <br><q> Assuming the demon is 100% off the table.
 +
<br><Laris> I think it is, if we want cooperation from the child.
 +
<br>* Laris says in Thantopolitan ;)
 +
<br>* Korivan doens't speak thantipolitan, so glares at the pair of you
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius shrugs in a "what can you do?" sort of manner.
 +
<br><Laris> Do what you need to do.
 +
<br>* Laris says, back in goblin again.
 +
<br><Korivan> Is that what you want..... to make an ennemy of your patron? @_@
 +
<br>* Korivan asks the kid
 +
<br><Korivan> Demonsd...crave destruction.  It may... hunt you
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child looks terrified.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> I don't want him in me anymore.
 +
<br><Korivan> Why? @_@
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> It hurts.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> And...he can't be our patron. There are no more Maazikai.
 +
<br><Laris> We can deal with the potential consequences later... when we're better prepared.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> <br><q> Okay, so, my thought is: Kotivan keeps the power tied up for now. I take a little blood from the kid, graft enough of his...soul to the orc for the power to transfer, Korivan feeds it to him, then we finish this the way we thought to originally.
 +
<br>* Korivan nods
 +
<br>* Laris nods
 +
 
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius will go over to the kid to try to explain what's going on.
 +
<br>* Laris is glad someone else is doing the 'deal with kid' thing, since he is not really great at that ;)
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius will give Laris a look that conveys that he's very aware of that fact.
 +
<br>* Eyllia will try and help Rufus
 +
<br><Eyllia> (she loves kids)
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> Hey buddy, I know this is scary, and it'll hurt just a little, but then this will be done.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child frowns.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> And then what?
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius pauses.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metillius> What do you want to happen then?
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> I want to go home, but it's not there. And my family isn't.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> And I still want something bad to happen to the orcs.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child scowls.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius looks at Eyllia for help.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (They'll get him sorted out)
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius will bring the kid over to Korivan after a bit.
 +
<br><Eyllia> I know things are scary and may not seem fair... but we're gonna do our best to at least make sure your going to be ok.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child looks doubtful, but nods.
 +
<br>* Korivan considers
 +
<br><Korivan> This or4c.... has a connection to the others
 +
<br><Korivan> we still need to.... disperse the energies
 +
<br>* Korivan considers whether we can make something bad happen to the orcs that way :p
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (It's certainly doable, but it'd also be difficult to control)
 +
<br><Korivan> (that's okay as long as that doesn't mean accidentlaly making an orcish warlock somehow :p)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (...you really can't be sure ;) )
 +
<br><Korivan> but that carries.... too much risk.
 +
<br><Korivan> This one.... you can hurt.  If you do what I tell you @_@
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child nods solemnly.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius will help get set up for the ritual.
 +
<br><Laris> what is your name?
 +
<br>* Korivan will guide the kid through the rite to transfer the connections (probably better that the kid is doing it, tbh)
 +
<br>* Laris asks the kid if there's a chance before we do this. you know. just in case >.>
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> Maazikai Magga Malak.
 +
<br><Goblin_Child> Uh, I guess just Malak, now.
 +
<br>* Goblin_Child is now known as Malak
 +
<br><Laris> All right, Malak.  I am Laris. 
 +
<br>* Malak nods.
 +
<br><Laris> I already know you can be brave, so I won't tell you that.  But... this will be over soon. 
 +
<br>* Malak nods.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metillius (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Gurluk growls in the background, but doesn't make any attempts to stop things.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metilius (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metilius will begin his portion of the ritual, sitting across a ritual circle from Malak, the orc lying between themm
 +
<br>* Korivan will wait for Rufus to let us know he has done his part
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metilius chants in Thantopolitan.  He holds out his hand, gesturing for Malak to place his hand in his. He uses his ritual knife to cut Malak's hand, dripping blood onto the still-unconscious orc's chest. The blood pulses with a dull light and forms into sigils where it lands. After a few minutes of this, he releases Malak's hand and nods to Koriva
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metilius n.
 +
<br>* Korivan beckons Malak to him
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (Really, two characters irc?)
 +
<br>* Malak goes to Korivan.
 +
<br><Korivan> This knife... ties the anchor.  YOu must take... what is yours and deliver it.... to your sacrifice @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> I will... continue... to hold back the power while you... transfer the connection
 +
<br><Korivan> Trace the symbols Rufus Auspex has drawn.... and then you must cut out.... his heart.... to make the severence @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> We wil.... help you, if you need it @_@
 +
<br>* Malak frowns, but nods shakily.
 +
<br><Malak> I can do it.
 +
<br>* Malak will take the knife, take a deep breath, and then begin the ritual.
 +
<br>* Korivan will focus his will to keep holding things back, and direct Malak's energies as needed
 +
<br>* Korivan grits his teeth, using the pain as a focus... and of course the blood, which flows more freely now @_@
 +
<br>* Malak 's energies are a bit unfocused at first, and his hand shakes a little, but he quickly seems to fall into the ritual and takes to it easily.
 +
<br><Malak> At the correct moment, he plunges the knife into the orc's chest, though he seems to have some trouble from there.
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metilius looks at Korivan, then motions to himself with a questioning look.
 +
<br><Korivan> ?me can stumble over and give him an assist if he needs it
 +
<br><Malak> (Whoops, he didn't say that)
 +
<br><Korivan> (I gotcha)
 +
<br>* Korivan will put his hand over Malak's
 +
<br><Korivan> It must... be severed.  Now @_@
 +
<br>* Malak will, with Korivan's help, remove the orc's heart, now blackened and deformed.
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> Despite being removed from the chest, the heart is still beating, slowly and defiantly.
 +
<br><Korivan> The demon's energies... maintain it.  So now.... we willl disperse them
 +
<br><Korivan> We need... a fire
 +
<br>* Laris can work on building a fire, maybe muttering a little under his breath about 'you could have said something sooner'
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (heh)
 +
<br>* Rufus_Metilius can help Laris get a fire ready.
 +
<br>* Korivan will put pressure on the wound in his thigh
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> The fire will be ready presently.
 +
<br>* Korivan will hobbleover to it and pull one of the small puches off his belt and cast in in whole. It smells.... unpleasant as it burns
 +
<br><Korivan> Conqueror - today we have stone the power of your ennemies, we have shown bour strength and resolve, and to you.... we send this sacrifice, their loss,,, and your gain @_@
 +
<br>* Korivan will place the heart in the fire with bloody hands
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> There is a screech as the heart hits the flames, but it is quickly overpowered by the sound of distant trumpets and an army's wordless battle cry.
 +
<br><Rufus_Metilius> ...I'm going to assume that's good?
 +
<br>* Korivan flags a bit as the sounds fade, and nods
 +
<br><Korivan> It is done @_@
 +
<br><Korivan> Those are the trumpets... of Avelas
 +
<br>* Korivan will stick the blade of his knife into the fire once the sounds have faded and the heart's power is gone
 +
<br><Laris> (what's the status of the demon at this point? just chilling?)
 +
<br><YOAW_Narrator> (It is, indeed, just chilling)
 +
<br><Laris> Is there anything you need from the cave?
 +
<br>* Korivan will use the blade to cauterize his leg though, once its hot enough
 +
<br>* Laris asks the kid
 +
<br>* Malak shakes his head.
 +
<br><Malak> I...don't really have anything.
 +
<br><Laris> All right.
 +
<br><Laris> Do you want to ride on one of the horses? we need to get moving.
 +
<br><Malak> I'll be all right.
 +
<br>* Malak will walk over to Gurluk, who helps Malak onto his shoulders.
 +
<br>* Korivan may need help getting back on his horse, but its better than walking
  
==Solos==
 
  
 
{{YOAW}}{{YOAW-logs}}
 
{{YOAW}}{{YOAW-logs}}

Latest revision as of 19:10, 12 October 2019

Ye Olde Adventure Worlde session logs
Previous Session 44 Next

Summary

Yula speaks to May and Saḫḫiru with Induriel, explaining her mission and vision or a great ravenous beast coiling in the mountains to the south (values statement not included). They make plans for a ritual to be able to see her vision for themselves. Meanwhile, Korivan, Laris, Eyllia and the others arrive at the cave where the Booyashag is hiding, and find it guarded by a powerful demon. Korivan starts a ritual to separate the booyashag from the source of its power, but he is attacked by the demon until the young goblin warlock, Malak calls it off, wanting to know how the power has been stopped. After tense discussions, they transfer Malak's connection to his demon patron to the nearly dead captured orc, and sever it. Malak agrees to come with them, accompanied by his demon pet, Gurluk, which thrilled absolutely everyone.

Session

Session date: 2019-09-29
In Game date: ???

Yula has her audience with May


* Yula will follow the guard the audience chamber.
<YOAW_Narrator> May, a guard brings in the woman from the Amanya Hatal.
* Yula seems curious about her surroundings, but not particularly cowed or nervous.
<May> Hello. Welcome to Nesu Abamatu.
* Induriel follows, unless stopped...
* NPC2 is now known as Sahhiru
<Yula> My thanks, Mamitu of House Lalu.
* May will let Induriel follow her in but give him a stern look on the way in to make sure he remembers where he is.
* Induriel can't see it, since he's blind! :D
<May> (Lol, right)
<Yula> I am Yula, of the line of Apacenya.
<Yula> I believe there is a grave threat to both of our peoples, and I hoped to speak with you about uniting to defeat it.
<May> I see... you get right to the point, huh?
<May> Not that I'm complaining.
<May> What is this threat?
<Yula> I...am not sure.
<Yula> I had a vision of a great beast to the south.
<May> A vision? Is that... normal for you?
<Yula> It is not unusual.
<May> What kind of beast?
<Yula> The lord of Arvandor blesses me with foresight from time to time.
* May nods.
<Yula> A dead beast, with many limbs and mouths, hungry and rapacious.
* Yula smiles a bit shyly.
<Yula> I assume this to be metaphor.
<May> Well that sounds... not great.
* Yula nods.
<May> Are you here on your own behalf, or that of your people and leader?
* Induriel nods at the question
<Yula> I am here upon behalf of my people and Roimë, our leader and my mother, though I am not here at her behest.
<May> Your mother? You're Roimë's daughter?
* Yula nods.
<May> I see...
<Sahhiru> You say you are not here at her behest. Are you here with her knowledge?
* Yula shakes her head,
<May> Yula... is there anything more you can tell me about this vision? And what does your mother say about it?
<Yula> She believes it to be merely a bad dream.
* Yula frowns.
* May considers.
<Yula> But I saw it, coiled beyond the mountains. It was biding its time, and, in a rain of gold and steel, it flowed over the peaks and into the valley.
<May> Gold and steel... hmmm.
<Yula> Fire and death followed where it walked, and it came to rest here, in your city.
<Yula> Here, it waited again, slowly leeching its destruction far beyond the valley.
* May will turn to Sahirru. "Beyond the mountains... what do we know about that territory past the lake?"
<Yula> I saw my people bound, dead and alive, and our cousins to the north. The beastfolk to the west were leashed like hounds before it, and the smallfolk of the rivers and plains were servants to a beast of fire and shadow.
* Sahhiru frowns.
<Sahhiru> Little enough. Orc tribes, and none too friendly.
<May> Hmm.
<Sahhiru> And, of course, whatever the wadjet and their mercenaries are up to.
<Sahhiru> Could that be what she's seen?
<May> It's possible.
<May> Yula... I'd like to see this vision. If you'd permit me I'd like to try setting up a ritual. One that might let me see your memory of it. Would you be willing to allow that?
* Yula pauses, then nods.
<Yula> If it will convince you, yes.
<May> I can't promise anything. Even if I do believe you, I'm not sure how much we can do without your mother's approval. But it's a start. I'll begin the preparations. In the meantime, have you eaten?
* Yula pauses, a little unsure.
<Yula> Not recently, no.
* May will gesture to a servant.
<May> Then eat and rest as my guest for now.
* lan_phone (uid135102@id-135102.brockwell.irccloud.com) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
<Yula> Thank you, Mamitu of the Lalu.
<May> Ill send for you when we're ready.
* Yula frowns but nods, then follows a servant out.

May, Induriel, and Saḫḫiru consult and make preparations


* May will turn to Sahirru and Induriel.
<May> That's... ominous.
* Induriel frowns
<May> I wonder if she starts all conversations that way.
<Induriel> Yes. And in keeping with what we've been seeing to the south.
<Sahhiru> She wouldn't be the only ally who does so.
<May> Possibly.
<May> She seems sincere but I still want to see what it was she thinks she saw. It might help get a better view of the threat.
<Sahhiru> We'l have to step up intelligence to the south. I'll dispatch Ferko presently.
<Induriel> I have questions, though. Why does her own mother not believe her? Or, perhaps, believe her but not want to act?
* May nods.
<Sahhiru> There could be a multitude of reasons for that.
<May> Maybe she knows something we don't. Or doesn't know something we do.
<Sahhiru> Perhaps Roimë believes her, but thinks herself safe and hope this threat will wipe us out.
<Induriel> Just so. She said that the beast "came to rest" here. And that its evil "leeched" out from here...
<Induriel> ...but "leeching" sounds a great deal less active.
<Sahhiru> Or it could very well be that Yula is prone to these pronouncements of doom.
<Induriel> But this is one that has motivated her to come all the way here, apparently without her mother's knowledge or consent.
<Induriel> Unless it is merely a ruse, intended to get us to focus our attention away from them and on the south.
<Induriel> But I do not think so.
<May> I doubt it. There are better ways to do that.
* Sahhiru nods.
<Induriel> And I am still not clear on exactly what she wants from us.
<May> What also worries me is what her mother might do if and when she finds out Yula came here.
<Sahhiru> I believe that will take further conversation.
<Induriel> Well, for now there is also a ritual to prepare, so we can see this vision for ourselves.
<Induriel> ...or so *some
* of us can see it.
<May> Induriel, would you assist me with that? I would appreciate your help.
<Induriel> I do not know whether my current condition will extend into the metaphysical.
<Induriel> Yes, of course, Mamitu.
<Sahhiru> I will leave you to it, then.
* May nods and will take Induriel off for research and prep then.

Korivan et al prepare to face the Booyashag and are attacked


<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, Laris, Eyllia, Rufus, and Vana are still making their way through the mountains in search of the booyashag, a little worse for wear from the orc attack.
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you feel the thread drawing to its end as you make your way up a rise. You can see an opening in the rock upslope from where you are.
<YOAW_Narrator> It would take some climbing to get to, but nothing too difficult.
<Korivan> We drawn near.
* Korivan will point out the crevice
* Yula is now known as Rufus_Metillius
* Laris will ready his bow
<Rufus_Metillius> How dangerous do we think they're likely to be?
* Eyllia will look around, see if there is a concealed path or switchback (they must use something for thier access)
<Korivan> (casn I make a general awareness roll to get a sense of gathered energies, magical traps, etc?)
* Sahhiru is now known as Vana
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, you can make a check as well for more mundane things if you want)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I mean, anybody can, but you specifically mentioned)
<Korivan> !roll 6d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 6d6 ] getting [ 4 6 5 3 4 6 ] for a total of [ 28 ].
<Korivan> (21)
<Eyllia> !roll 3d6+6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 3d6+6 ] getting [ 3 3 3 ] for a total of [ 9 ] which, after the modifier [ 6 ] totals [ 15 ].
<Eyllia> (15)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 6 5 3 3 ] for a total of [ 17 ].
<Laris> (14)
<YOAW_Narrator> Laris and Eyllia, you don't see any sort of path, but you can see some scratches on, and even into, the stone near the opening.
<Laris> (like as if something with claws climbs around there?)
<YOAW_Narrator> Korivan, you feel an immense power blazing from the cave, like a bon(e)fire.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes, Julie)
* Laris will point that out quietly
<Korivan> (can I tell if it is passive or active?)
<Vana> The air here is...ill. Tainted.
<YOAW_Narrator> (You'd guess passive, for the moment.)
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Korivan> yes.... the demonic power is...very strong @_@
<Korivan> But for now... unfocused
<Eyllia> I can work my way up to the entrance.
<Rufus_Metillius> So, what do we think? Quick and decisive? We can focus on shutting them down magically and Laris and Eyllia can finish it fast?
<Korivan> Yes, though it will be.... difficult to cut them off
<Korivan> and the power... may linger @_@
* Rufus_Metillius frowns.
<Korivan> I may be able to use the thread to disrput the power channel... and leave the Booyashag vulnerable
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, if you just want to make your way up there to look, you can make a Stealth check)
<Eyllia> !roll 3d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 3d6 ] getting [ 4 3 1 ] for a total of [ 8 ].
<Eyllia> (so stealthy)
<YOAW_Narrator> As you make your way up the ridge, getting close to the opening, you can hear something large moving in the cave.
* Eyllia will freeze and get ready if something makes an appearance
<YOAW_Narrator> You hear a loud snuffling from the cave, a small voice say something you don't understand, a frustrated huff, and then the sound of whatever large thing retreating from the entrance.
* Eyllia will slip back to the group
<Laris>
did you see anything?
<Eyllia>
something big near the entrance... I think it sensed me, but its got a master, who I'm guessing told it to settle down (about what I can guess from the tone of the voice?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, that seems about right)
<Korivan> probably... a demon
<Rufus_Metillius>
Stands to reason.
* Laris looks over at Korivan
* Vana (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<Eyllia> (is the entrance big enough for a demon to choke it - cant get by, or is large enough for use to get around it)
<Laris>
do you think it's wise to try and break its power, then? would the demon become completely out of control?
<Korivan>
yes.
<Korivan>
it cannot summon more
* Laris nods
<YOAW_Narrator> (Depending on the size of the demon, easily. The opening is only about human-sized)
<Eyllia>
having the demon out of control may be the only way by it, if its the one in charge you want.
<Korivan>
also... it may lash out at its master @_@
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Laris>
well, take your chance, before they realize we're here.
<Korivan> very well @_@
* Korivan will take a skin from his belt, mutter something in goblinoid (or something like it), and drink it down
<Rufus_Metillius> If I hadn't seen you cast before, I'd think that was a bad idea...
* Korivan glances vaguely in Rufus's direction and shrugs
* Korivan will get down off the horse before the drugs really start to kick in
<YOAW_Narrator> (Roll Will, I suppose?)
* Korivan will arrange himself into a good position before beginning @_@\
<Korivan> (is this to start the ritua;?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Sorry, no, please continue. I wasn't sure you were wanting to detail the ritual.)
<Korivan> (I mean, yes, I have some ideas anyway ;)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Cool :))
* Korivan will steel himself, drawing his ritual knife... and then satb it into the wound he receive during the attack the day before, both to use the pain as an achor not to get overwhelmed by the demonc energies, and because.... he will need blood and the half-bead orc is probably not really the most useful sacrifice for this sort of thing
* Korivan will use said blood to start drawing symbols on the earth around him, to use the connection we have currently, takeing the tread that's tied to me to tie off the rest of the warlock's power for the moment...
<YOAW_Narrator> (Okay, now roll me Will ;) )
<Korivan> (remind me - roll to gather and then roll the ritual itself or is it just one roll?)
<Korivan> (also.... I am using an ancestor die :x)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Just one roll)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Gathering and all that is the Ashland casting system ;) )
* Korivan rolls [ 8d6 ] getting [ 2 4 2 6 1 6 5 2 ] for a total of [ 28 ]
<Korivan> (23)

Malak is freed from demonic interference and the party heads back north, demon in tow


<YOAW_Narrator> You feel a surge of energy, then you all hear a scream and a roar from the cave. A moment later, a demon that looks something like a large, red-furred gorilla bursts out of the cave entrance, bellowing. After a moment, its gaze settles on your group.
<Rufus_Metillius> Oh shit...
* Laris will shoot it, if possible
<YOAW_Narrator> (Go ahead and roll)
<Laris> !roll 4d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Laris: [ 4d6 ] getting [ 2 5 4 2 ] for a total of [ 13 ].
<Laris> (11 only)
<YOAW_Narrator> The arrow streaks out and into the beast's arm, the fur frosting over. It howls and charges.
<YOAW_Narrator> Eyllia?
* Eyllia will have her swords out and be ready for the demon when it closes
<Eyllia> (not sure how that works rules wise... go acrobatic defense and ready to attack it when its in reach?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yeah, that'll work.)
<YOAW_Narrator> (What's your defense when that's active?)
<Eyllia> (22)
<YOAW_Narrator> (kk)
* Vana (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Vana begins singing in Primordial and the wind picks up, kicking up dust and rocks into the beast's face and slowing it slightly.
* Rufus_Metillius begins gathering power, shadow coalescing around him.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, go ahead and make your attack)
<Eyllia> !roll 9d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Eyllia: [ 9d6 ] getting [ 3 3 3 1 1 3 4 2 1 ] for a total of [ 21 ].
<Eyllia> (18... thats a horrible roll)
<YOAW_Narrator> (Not your best, but enough to hit, and deal some damage.)
<YOAW_Narrator> The thing's hide is thick, but you leave a bleeding cut along its arm as it moves past you.
<YOAW_Narrator> The beast barrels down on Korivan and brings a massive fist down on the hogoblin gaath.
<YOAW_Narrator> (So, it hits you for 15 damage >.>)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I think maybe you want to take a Wound)
<Korivan> (eahhh....)
<Korivan> (yeah -_-)
* NPC3 Goblin_Child
* NPC3 is now known as Goblin_Child
* Goblin_Child yells from the cave opening.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Those of you who speak Goblin know that he's shouting "Stop it!")
* Korivan snarls in (more) pain and fights to concentrate on the magic
<YOAW_Narrator> The beast pauses and looks back up at the child, fist raised above Korivan again.
<Goblin_Child> (Goblin) Who are you?
<Korivan> I am... Gaath Korivan Eryvet Hrieffent... servant of Bane @_@
* Korivan gasps
<Goblin_Child> Hrieffen!?
<Korivan> !roll 5d6
* Lan-werk rolls for Korivan: [ 5d6 ] getting [ 5 3 6 1 5 ] for a total of [ 20 ].
* Goblin_Child ducks back into the cave, peeking around the corner.
<Korivan> (17 so I think I'm okay;)\
<Goblin_Child> What do you want?
<YOAW_Narrator> The demon growls at you, but doesn't attack.
<Korivan> Ton destroy.... His enemies.... and thier influence @_@
* Korivan glares up at the demon
<Goblin_Child> What did you do just now?
<Korivan> I have cut you.... from their power @_@
<Goblin_Child> How?
<Goblin_Child> How did you stop him?
<Goblin_Child> Tell me and I won't have Gurluk kill you.
* Goblin_Child says shakily.
* Korivan gestures vaguely to the bloody symbols
<Laris>
him?
<Goblin_Child> How long will it last?
<Laris> Who is 'him'?
* Laris interjects
* Goblin_Child shout-whispers something you can't make out.
<Korivan>
Bane.... what is this...
<Laris> Something is not right here.
<Laris> (oh hey, can Rufus understand goblinoid? I can translate for him if need be, because I think I need his input here)
<YOAW_Narrator> (I think he's learned it by now. He's spent some time with the allied troops. :) )
<Laris> (ok)
<Korivan> It will last.... as long as my will.... or your death @_@
* Goblin_Child scowls from behind the edge of the cave.
<Laris> Are you under the control of someone else?
* Goblin_Child looks at Laris for a moment, then nods.
<YOAW_Narrator> 'Gurluk' lets out a huff.
<Korivan> (Is gurluk actually a demon?)
* Laris looks over at Korivan
<Laris>
We need to re-evaluate our plan here.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Yes, absolutely. You've seen it's type before. Back in the siege at NA, for one.)
<Rufus_Metillius>
Is it possible 'warlock' was a generous interpretation of the relationship this kid has with...whatever?
<Laris>
You broke the bond - but the child still seems to have command over this beast. So what did you break? The child says you "stopped him" - who is really in control here?
* Korivan closes his eyes and will try and tune out the chatter around him and focus on the ancestors and what they can show him about this connection... and maybe if bane has any input too but ancestors seems a better bet
<YOAW_Narrator> ...booyashag.thrall.enslaved...child.prince.scion...sibling.protector.remnant...
* Korivan frowns
<Korivan> I can try.... and stop this. But the power but go to... a vessel. And that vessel must be... destroyed
* Korivan says first to the kid, but eyes his pet demon :p
<Goblin_Child> No!
<Goblin_Child> You can't hurt Gurluk, and he won't let you hurt me!
<Goblin_Child> They always said you Hrieffen were monsters.
<Korivan> I cannot hold this back... forever
<Goblin_Child> Then you'll die, too.
<Laris> If you can control Gurluk, and it won't harm us, we can try to help you.
* Goblin_Child gives a look that I can only describe as very fierce pouting.
<Goblin_Child> He won't harm you if I tell him not to, and you don't try to hurt me or him.
* Laris looks over at Korivan.
* Korivan glares back
<Laris>
We need to find out what is happening here, and we can't do that if this thing kills you.
* Laris says pointedly
* Korivan scowls but nods, trying to think of options
<Laris> We won't hurt you or ... Gurluk. We want to stop more people from being hurt.
* Laris figures that is fair enough for now... >.>
* Goblin_Child doesn't look like he entirely believes you, but nods.
<Laris> Can we come closer?
* Korivan is not making a move to get up
* Korivan looks at rufus though, hoping he at least has a better sense of things
<Goblin_Child> I'll come to you. If you try anything, Gurluk will kill you.
* Rufus_Metillius puts his hands up in a placating gesture.
<Rufus_Metillius> Sure kid.
<Laris> All right.
* Laris lowers his bow.
* Rufus_Metillius steps towards Korivan.
* Eyllia will look at the group and reluctantly follow thier lead
<Rufus_Metillius>
We just need something to put the power in and destroy, right?
* Korivan nods
* Goblin_Child steps out from the cave and climbs nimbly down the ridge.
<Korivan>
something.... that can hold it @_@
<Rufus_Metillius>
Three living horses probably aren't enough, and mine and Laris's aren't really made for it...
* Rufus_Metillius looks over at them.
<Rufus_Metillius>
What about the orc?
* Rufus_Metillius says, wincing a little.
* Laris nods
* Goblin_Child will walk to a few yards from whoever is closest.
* Korivan looks over at it
<Laris> (how does it look? injured, malnourished or anything?)
* Goblin_Child isn't injured, but frightfully thin.
* Goblin_Child is still trying to look defiant, however.
<Eyllia> that's the evil warlock?
* Eyllia is confused
<Laris> Are you hungry?
* Goblin_Child looks at Eyllia, then at Laris.
* Laris will get out some of our rations and toss them the few yards to the goblin.
* Goblin_Child nods, perhaps a little reluctantly.
<Eyllia> (i also dont speak goblin)
* Goblin_Child keeps his eyes on everyone while he bends down to grab the rations and begins chewing on a piece at random.
<Goblin_Child> You're not all Hrieffen.
<Goblin_Child> Are you imperials?
<Laris> No. We're from Nesu Abamatu. We are allies, but not all Hrieffen.
* Goblin_Child nods.
<Laris> You said someone else was in control - can you tell us who it is?
<Goblin_Child> Even the spirits?
* Goblin_Child points at Eyllia and Vana.
<Laris> They are our friends, yes.
<Korivan> the power.... is evil @_@
* Korivan says as an aside to Eyllia
* Vana will sing a few quick lines. The wind picks up a moment.
<Vana> That should do for you, Captain.
<Goblin_Child> Oh, you do speak Goblin.
<YOAW_Narrator> (Eyllia, you understood that fine.)
<Eyllia> with a little help from the wind yes
* Goblin_Child nods, chewing thoughtfully.
<Goblin_Child> My tribe's patron was in control.
* Goblin_Child looks down and away.
<Goblin_Child> He scares me.
<Laris> We came from where the Ankai were trapped. Did your... tribe's patron have anything to do with that?
* Goblin_Child nods.
* Goblin_Child nods guiltily, rather.
<Laris> We want to stop that from happening again.
<Goblin_Child> I didn't mean for that to happen. He said he would hurt the people that hurt me. I thought he meant the orcs.
* Laris nods
<Korivan> Demons... lie @_@
* Goblin_Child scowls at Korivan.
<Goblin_Child> So do gods, Hrieffen.
* Laris looks over at Korivan and Rufus.
<Laris> Do you think you can break this connection?
<Rufus_Metillius> I think it's doable, but it'll be tricky.
<Korivan> It can't be cleanly.... tie off. It could be... transferred, but the vessel.... must die @_@
* Eyllia shakes her head
* Rufus_Metillius nods.
<Laris> So, the orc.
<Eyllia> to use a child like that...
<Rufus_Metillius> It used a people like that, from my understanding.
<Rufus_Metillius> One way or another.
* Korivan nods
<Laris> What do you need, then?
* Laris asks the magic peeps.
<Korivan> There must be... a connection, first
<Rufus_Metillius>
Some blood from the kid...and all of the orc, I'm thinking.
* Korivan nods again
<Rufus_Metillius>
Assuming the demon is 100% off the table.
<Laris> I think it is, if we want cooperation from the child.
* Laris says in Thantopolitan ;)
* Korivan doens't speak thantipolitan, so glares at the pair of you
* Rufus_Metillius shrugs in a "what can you do?" sort of manner.
<Laris> Do what you need to do.
* Laris says, back in goblin again.
<Korivan> Is that what you want..... to make an ennemy of your patron? @_@
* Korivan asks the kid
<Korivan> Demonsd...crave destruction. It may... hunt you
* Goblin_Child looks terrified.
<Goblin_Child> I don't want him in me anymore.
<Korivan> Why? @_@
<Goblin_Child> It hurts.
<Goblin_Child> And...he can't be our patron. There are no more Maazikai.
<Laris> We can deal with the potential consequences later... when we're better prepared.
<Rufus_Metillius>
Okay, so, my thought is: Kotivan keeps the power tied up for now. I take a little blood from the kid, graft enough of his...soul to the orc for the power to transfer, Korivan feeds it to him, then we finish this the way we thought to originally.
* Korivan nods
* Laris nods


* Rufus_Metillius will go over to the kid to try to explain what's going on.
* Laris is glad someone else is doing the 'deal with kid' thing, since he is not really great at that ;)
* Rufus_Metillius will give Laris a look that conveys that he's very aware of that fact.
* Eyllia will try and help Rufus
<Eyllia> (she loves kids)
<Rufus_Metillius> Hey buddy, I know this is scary, and it'll hurt just a little, but then this will be done.
* Goblin_Child frowns.
<Goblin_Child> And then what?
* Rufus_Metillius pauses.
<Rufus_Metillius> What do you want to happen then?
<Goblin_Child> I want to go home, but it's not there. And my family isn't.
<Goblin_Child> And I still want something bad to happen to the orcs.
* Goblin_Child scowls.
* Rufus_Metillius looks at Eyllia for help.
<YOAW_Narrator> (They'll get him sorted out)
* Rufus_Metillius will bring the kid over to Korivan after a bit.
<Eyllia> I know things are scary and may not seem fair... but we're gonna do our best to at least make sure your going to be ok.
* Goblin_Child looks doubtful, but nods.
* Korivan considers
<Korivan> This or4c.... has a connection to the others
<Korivan> we still need to.... disperse the energies
* Korivan considers whether we can make something bad happen to the orcs that way :p
<YOAW_Narrator> (It's certainly doable, but it'd also be difficult to control)
<Korivan> (that's okay as long as that doesn't mean accidentlaly making an orcish warlock somehow :p)
<YOAW_Narrator> (...you really can't be sure ;) )
<Korivan> but that carries.... too much risk.
<Korivan> This one.... you can hurt. If you do what I tell you @_@
* Goblin_Child nods solemnly.
* Rufus_Metillius will help get set up for the ritual.
<Laris> what is your name?
* Korivan will guide the kid through the rite to transfer the connections (probably better that the kid is doing it, tbh)
* Laris asks the kid if there's a chance before we do this. you know. just in case >.>
<Goblin_Child> Maazikai Magga Malak.
<Goblin_Child> Uh, I guess just Malak, now.
* Goblin_Child is now known as Malak
<Laris> All right, Malak. I am Laris.
* Malak nods.
<Laris> I already know you can be brave, so I won't tell you that. But... this will be over soon.
* Malak nods.
* Rufus_Metillius (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) Quit (Quit: webchat.esper.net)
<YOAW_Narrator> Gurluk growls in the background, but doesn't make any attempts to stop things.
* Rufus_Metilius (webchat@252.ranchwireless.com) has joined #gnomeland
* Rufus_Metilius will begin his portion of the ritual, sitting across a ritual circle from Malak, the orc lying between themm
* Korivan will wait for Rufus to let us know he has done his part
* Rufus_Metilius chants in Thantopolitan. He holds out his hand, gesturing for Malak to place his hand in his. He uses his ritual knife to cut Malak's hand, dripping blood onto the still-unconscious orc's chest. The blood pulses with a dull light and forms into sigils where it lands. After a few minutes of this, he releases Malak's hand and nods to Koriva
* Rufus_Metilius n.
* Korivan beckons Malak to him
<YOAW_Narrator> (Really, two characters irc?)
* Malak goes to Korivan.
<Korivan> This knife... ties the anchor. YOu must take... what is yours and deliver it.... to your sacrifice @_@
<Korivan> I will... continue... to hold back the power while you... transfer the connection
<Korivan> Trace the symbols Rufus Auspex has drawn.... and then you must cut out.... his heart.... to make the severence @_@
<Korivan> We wil.... help you, if you need it @_@
* Malak frowns, but nods shakily.
<Malak> I can do it.
* Malak will take the knife, take a deep breath, and then begin the ritual.
* Korivan will focus his will to keep holding things back, and direct Malak's energies as needed
* Korivan grits his teeth, using the pain as a focus... and of course the blood, which flows more freely now @_@
* Malak 's energies are a bit unfocused at first, and his hand shakes a little, but he quickly seems to fall into the ritual and takes to it easily.
<Malak> At the correct moment, he plunges the knife into the orc's chest, though he seems to have some trouble from there.
* Rufus_Metilius looks at Korivan, then motions to himself with a questioning look.
<Korivan> ?me can stumble over and give him an assist if he needs it
<Malak> (Whoops, he didn't say that)
<Korivan> (I gotcha)
* Korivan will put his hand over Malak's
<Korivan> It must... be severed. Now @_@
* Malak will, with Korivan's help, remove the orc's heart, now blackened and deformed.
<YOAW_Narrator> Despite being removed from the chest, the heart is still beating, slowly and defiantly.
<Korivan> The demon's energies... maintain it. So now.... we willl disperse them
<Korivan> We need... a fire
* Laris can work on building a fire, maybe muttering a little under his breath about 'you could have said something sooner'
<YOAW_Narrator> (heh)
* Rufus_Metilius can help Laris get a fire ready.
* Korivan will put pressure on the wound in his thigh
<YOAW_Narrator> The fire will be ready presently.
* Korivan will hobbleover to it and pull one of the small puches off his belt and cast in in whole. It smells.... unpleasant as it burns
<Korivan> Conqueror - today we have stone the power of your ennemies, we have shown bour strength and resolve, and to you.... we send this sacrifice, their loss,,, and your gain @_@
* Korivan will place the heart in the fire with bloody hands
<YOAW_Narrator> There is a screech as the heart hits the flames, but it is quickly overpowered by the sound of distant trumpets and an army's wordless battle cry.
<Rufus_Metilius> ...I'm going to assume that's good?
* Korivan flags a bit as the sounds fade, and nods
<Korivan> It is done @_@
<Korivan> Those are the trumpets... of Avelas
* Korivan will stick the blade of his knife into the fire once the sounds have faded and the heart's power is gone
<Laris> (what's the status of the demon at this point? just chilling?)
<YOAW_Narrator> (It is, indeed, just chilling)
<Laris> Is there anything you need from the cave?
* Korivan will use the blade to cauterize his leg though, once its hot enough
* Laris asks the kid
* Malak shakes his head.
<Malak> I...don't really have anything.
<Laris> All right.
<Laris> Do you want to ride on one of the horses? we need to get moving.
<Malak> I'll be all right.
* Malak will walk over to Gurluk, who helps Malak onto his shoulders.
* Korivan may need help getting back on his horse, but its better than walking