Rachel, Janus & Hayley, 7/19/2005
- Rachel_ is due to arrive shortly.
- Tara_ is worrying and trying to make sure everything will go smoothly.
- Tara bustles in the kitchen. She's been making Rachel's favourite treats. :^)
- Janus is sipping a glass of wine to calm his nerves, and pretending to read.
<Janus> . o O (Where is Hayley?) <Hayley> (where is Janus?) <Janus> (where else)
- Aidan peeks in.
- Janus looks up.
<Janus> Is she here <Janus> ? <Aidan> Not yet. <Aidan> I was just wondering if this is where you would like to receive her? <Aidan> Tara thinks food will smooth everything over, and wishes to set it out somewhere. <Janus> Oh. No, I thought downstairs... <Janus> This room is so cluttered.
- Aidan nods.
<Aidan> The sitting room or the parlour, then?
- Aidan would make a great steward...
- Rook will be perched on a shelf in the room.
- Tally is keeping Hayley occupied.
- Hayley is down the hall in her room; she laughs at something Tally says.
- Aidan waits patiently for Janus to answer.
- Aidan clears his throat.
<Janus> The sitting room, I suppose.
- Janus says distractedly.
<Janus> There are more places to.. sit <Aidan> Very well. <Aidan> Do you have any further instructions? <Janus> No... I'm sure Tara will have everything well in hand...
- Aidan sometimes wishes his father were a bit more "together," like the Countess usually seems to be for important events.
<Aidan> (^-^) <Aidan> All right, I shall go help her, then.
- Aidan bows and exits.
<Janus> (it's my daughter, not the princess of Iberia) <Aidan> (true, but Diamond puts on a show for her family, so why not him?) <Aidan> (^-^)
- Hayley 's hooves can be heard clicking on the floor as she approaches Janus' study.
- Hayley taps politely.
<Janus> Come in...
- Hayley does.
- Janus looks up and smiles.
- Hayley is dressed up nicely. She smiles back.
<Janus> You look lovely.
- Hayley blushes and ducks her head, as usual.
<Janus> Come and sit with me...
- Hayley obliges.
<Hayley> So... <Janus> Indeed... <Hayley> Are you looking forward to seeing her? <Janus> Oh yes, quite.
- Janus answers quickly.
<Janus> Who knows when she might visit again...
- Hayley gives him a penetrating glance.
<Janus> She will be terribly busy, I'm sure <Hayley> Hey... she loves you. She'll make time for you. <Janus> Well, let's not speak of that anymore, shall we? <Hayley> ...
- Janus tries not to think of the years he spent here alone with Tara, and Rook.
<Hayley> All right, if you don't want to. <Hayley> So, what do you want me to do? <Janus> Do?
- Hayley nods.
<Janus> When Rachel arrives, you mean.
- Hayley nods again.
<Janus> I have been thinking about it... but I'm afraid I still haven't come to a conclusion.
- Janus sighs.
<Hayley> My wise and clever Janus is at a loss for ideas? <Janus> Obviously she will know you are here; We'll not be shuffling you off from room ro room to hide you, that would be a farce... <Hayley> Things must be worse than I thought! <Hayley> :^o
- Hayley teases.
<Janus> I don't know what her reaction might be... <Hayley> Yeah... I don't think that would be a good idea.
- Hayley nods.
<Janus> I do feel it will go better for all if I tell her before she sees you... what do you think? <Hayley> ... <Hayley> I don't know. Do you want to be apologetic that I am here? <Janus> No...
- Janus looks pained.
<Hayley> That's what I figured. You might come off that way, though, if you explain to her that I'm here, and then, well, have things go from there.
- Janus flips through the pages of the book.
<Hayley> Being in the same room with you when she first is shown in, though perhaps a bit brutal, will show her that you're not ashamed of me. It also might put her off balance, which could be advantageous. <Janus> Advantageous? <Janus> She's my daughter, not a political rival <Janus> ... <Janus> I was meaning to try and consider her feelings as well as yours...
- Janus says dejectedly.
<Hayley> I know... <Hayley> I didn't mean it that way. <Hayley> It's just, well... oh, never mind. <Janus> What? <Hayley> . o O (I'm just an oathbroken commoner, what do I know about anything...) <Hayley> You'll do what you think is best. <Janus> . o O (I'm supposed to choose?)
- Hayley smiles at Janus and sits up into a kneeling position to give him a peck on the cheek.
<Hayley> (A subtle shifting of the house; it seems to brighten a little.) <Hayley> You'd better do it soon, though, because I think she's here. <Janus> I suppose we'd better go downstairs.
- Janus says with a heavy, resigned air.
<Hayley> I can wait up here if you want.
- Janus gets out of his seat, and heads for the door.
- Hayley shrugs.
<Janus> No, come along.
- Hayley scrambles to her hooves and follows Janus downstairs.
- Tally smiles jauntily at his father and Hayley as he heads towards the door.
- Tara_ is already at the door and opening it.
- Hayley looks to Janus for direction.
<Tally> (hehe, everyone's so uptight)
- Aidan checks the sitting room one last time; there's tea and cookies and everything laid out in welcome for Rachel.
- Janus pulls on his cuffs.
<Tara_> Oh, look at you, my dear!
- Tara_ says in motherly tones.
<Tally> Hi Sis! <Rachel_> Tara, so good to see you... <Rachel_> (Where is Janus? Waiting by the door?) <Janus> (Well, by the door, but Tally is closer.)
- Rachel_ hugs Tara and Tally.
- Rook will be perched on a lamp in the sitting room. The light will make his shadow loom big and ominous.
- Hayley looks up at Janus nervously.
<Janus> Hello, Rachel... <Janus> Ah, how was your trip?
- Tally picks up his sister's luggage ad gives his father a supportive look.
- Rachel_ has noticed Hayley.
<Rachel_> ... <Rachel_> ...
- Hayley slides her hand into Janus'.
- Tally quietly heads up to Rachel's room with the luggage.
<Janus> (oh, THANKS, Tally)
- Rook stares at everyone, unblinking.
- Aidan glides up.
- Tara_ wrings her hands.
- Janus squeezes her hand.
<Rachel_> Father... <Rachel_> What is Hayley doing here? <Janus> Well, Tara has set some refreshments in the sitting room... <Janus> You must be tired...
- Rachel_ says with carefully suppressed outrage/disbelief/various other emotions.
<Rachel_> Don't. <Rachel_> Just don't.
- Janus stops talking.
- Janus glances, without thinking, up at Rook.
- Rachel_ looks cold and hard and a lot like Diamond.
- Janus looks back, straightening his posture.
- Rachel_ focuses her cold, hard stare on Hayley for a length of time just short of what could be considered rude.
<Janus> Hayley is my guest.
- Rook gazes at Janus, his stare is hard, but can seem to convey sympathy to his master.
- Janus says formally.
- Rachel_ 's eyes flick up to her father's.
<Rachel_> Your guest. <Janus> Her particular condition is helpful to my research, and I am fond of her company.
- Janus says evenly.
<Rachel_> I am sure. <Janus> Quite.
- Tally returns to the tension-filled scene.
<Rachel_> Isn't she a little *young*?
- Rachel_ says coldly.
<Janus> (what's your middle name, vixen?)
- Tara_ tries to move people along to the food, which will make everything better.
<Tara_> . o O (It has to!) <Janus> (no really, what is Rachel's middle name) <Hayley> (Diamond) <Hayley> (^-^) <Janus> Rachel Diamond Gwydaine. You may be soon to be a baroness, but you are still my daughter, and this is *my* home, and I will have *civil* conversation here. Am I making myself clear?
- Rachel_ 's eyes cloud over angrily.
<Rachel_> *Civil* conversation? <Rachel_> What is civil about an oathbreaker? <Janus> Rachel!
- Janus shouts.
<Janus> That is enough! <Tara_> There's food down the hall, your favourite My Lady...
- Janus visibly composes himself.
- Tara_ says weakly.
<Janus> Your brothers are anxious to hear of your appointment. Why don't you accompany them to the sitting room.
- Rachel_ looks like she wants to explode.
- Hayley remains quiet, by Janus' side.
<Aidan> Rachel, come along, won't you?
- Aidan moves towards his sister and takes her elbow.
- Tally takes her other elbow at the same time.
- Rachel_ looks at her brothers, one at a time.
<Rachel_> You are *okay* with this?
- Rachel_ hisses with disbelief.
<Rachel_> How long has she been here? <Rachel_> How long have you kept this little *tidbit* from me? <Janus> Come along Hayley, we have work to do, since the Lady seems not overfond of our company...
- Janus attempts to steer her back up the stairs.
- Tally and Aidan remain silent.
- Hayley shakes her head, no.
- Hayley glances up at Janus.
- Janus wants to leave this scene, NOW
- Hayley shakes her head again.
<Janus> (this is apparent in his eyes...)
- Hayley thinks it's important to stay.
<Hayley> (this is apparent in her eyes. ^-^) <Janus> (great, make me look stupid...)
- Rachel_ shakes her brothers' hands off angrily. She doesn't even seem to have noticed Janus and Hayley's little interaction.
<Rachel_> You have never kept anything from me before!
- Tally and Aidan look a bit stricken, perhaps but remain close to their sister.
<Janus> (what about my decades-old drug habit? ;D)
- Tara_ wishes she knew how to make everybody happy and get along.
<Rachel_> Why? <Rachel_> Why are you protecting her?
- Rachel_ 's voice is raised.
<Rachel_> Does the Countess know about this? <Janus> Little escapes her notice.
- Janus says coolly.
- Aidan nods slightly.
<Rachel_> So I am the only person in this family who didn't know?! <Rachel_> Well, that's wonderful. Just wonderful.
- Rachel_ brings her hands up to her face for a moment, trying to wrap her mind around all this...
- Rachel_ feels so angry, so unhappy, so betrayed!
<Rachel_> WHY ARE YOU PROTECTING HER?
- Rachel_ explodes at last.
<Rachel_> She abandoned us!
- Rook flutters down to a coffee table.
<Rook> (closer to Rachel) <Rachel_> She- she practically killed our father! <Janus> Rachel, you are creating a scene. <Rachel_> She stole him away from us!
- Rachel_ is practically screaming and is not really hearing anyone.
- Tally 's facial features are darkening, lowering like stormclouds moving in on the horizon.
- Janus looks down at Hayley.
- Rook is staring past Rachel now, bobbing his head from side to side. Like he's looking over her shoulders.
<Janus> . o O (*Now* can we go?)
- Hayley 's eyes are watery but she seems rooted to the spot.
<Rachel_> And then if that wasn't enough, she came back to do more! She practically killed him *again*! And she broke an oath! <Rachel_> SHE BROKE AN OATH TO US! <Rachel_> OUR family!
- Rachel_ is screaming at her brothers, more than anyone.
<Rachel_> She does not love you! <Rachel_> How could she love you?!
- Rook begins to fly around Rachel slowly, staying out of her way, but he seems to be looking for something, or expecting something.
<Rachel_> She left us! <Janus> Are you *quite* finished? <Rachel_> She is only using us, don't you see? <Rachel_> She is a selfish, self-serving, completely reprehensible-
- Tally slaps his sister.
- Rachel_ shuts up, stunned, and lifts a hand to her cheek.
- Hayley stiffens.
<Janus> Taliesin. <Tally> Our mother loved you.
- Janus says quietly.
<Janus> You should not have done that.
- Tally says with great difficulty.
<Tally> I know, father, I am sorry...
- Tally looks truly ashamed.
<Tally> But our mother loved her, and she needs to know that.
- Tally turns back to his sister.
<Tally> Our mother loved you. <Tally> She nursed you whenever you were hungry... <Tally> She played with you all the time... <Tally> Read stories to you...
- Tally speaks, of course, only with great effort.
<Tally> She made sure you were clean, and healthy, and happy. <Tally> The day you were born was one of the days she remembered with the greatest joy. <Tally> She could not believe she helped create someone as beautiful as you.
- Rook lands back on his lamp.
<Tally> But now... you have changed into something ugly.
- Aidan swallows nervously.
- Tally is practically in tears. He never cries.
<Janus> . o O (Well, what a lovely reunion.)
- Janus stands stoically, silent.
- Rachel_ is silent and the wind seems to have blown out of her sails.
<Rachel_> <m> She abandoned me.
- Rook 's cold calculating stare studies everyone in the room.
- Hayley hangs her head.
- Rachel_ turns to Hayley now.
<Rachel_> Why did you leave? <Janus> Leave her alone.
- Hayley is surprised.
<Hayley> I was sick... <Rachel_> Father could have fixed that...
- Rachel_ 's eyes fill with angry tears.
<Rachel_> Couldn't you have?
- Rachel_ turns to Janus.
<Janus> Rachel, she is not your mother.
- Janus says tautly.
<Rachel_> No, she is not. So why are you with her? <Janus> That is a foolish question.
- Aidan hugs his brother in the background.
<Rachel_> ... <Rachel_> You aren't going to answer anything, are you. <Janus> In this sort of situation... I think I shall not.
- Rachel_ bridles again.
<Rachel_> Well, what sort of situation would be conducive to giving me some straight answers, then? <Janus> One where you are civil.
- Janus says coolly.
<Rachel_> You just don't want to face the truth, father. <Rachel_> Why did she *leave*? Why didn't she get you to help her?
- Rachel_ says tearfully.
<Rachel_> How could anyone who is supposed to have loved us as much as she was, just *go*? <Rook> Not everyone is prepared to live forever my lady.
- Rook says apologetically.
- Hayley tucks a lock of hair behind an ear self-consciously.
<Rachel_> She's not going to live as long as you this time, either. <Rachel_> Why are you doing this to yourself again, father? <Janus> Rachel, since you seem quite willing to carry this conversation on by yourself, I will leave you to it.
- Janus says tersely.
<Janus> I am returning to my studies. <Janus> Hayley, you may do as you wish. I have no more taste for this.
- Janus heads up the stairs, with or without the satyr.
- Rook stays downstairs and stares at Rachel.
- Rachel_ shakes her head and heads down to the sitting room.
- Tara_ and the twins follow her.
- Rook follows her as well.
- Hayley goes upstairs to Janus.
- Janus is pouring himself a drink.
- Tally and Aidan try to talk to Rachel and stuff.
- Hayley taps on Janus' door.
<Janus> Yes? <Hayley> May I come in? <Janus> As you like.
- Hayley enters.
<Hayley> ... <Hayley> Are you all right? <Janus> Oh, what a misery that was.
- Janus says dryly.
- Tara_ bustles and pours tea.
- Janus drains the glass, and pours another.
<Tara_> Rook, you're shedding your feathers. <Tara_> Make sure you don't lose any on my food, please. <Rook> We do not shed
- Rook says, insulted
- Tara_ picks up a couple small feathers.
<Tara_> What do you call these, then?
- Rook smiles an evil smile.
<Janus> (place holders) <Hayley> Funny... <Rook> perhaps someone else in the room is in need of the services of a rook or murder. <Hayley> I thought it went quite well, actually.
- Rook looks towards Rachel but speaks a warning to Tara.
<Rook> We may have company soon. <Rook> Lady Rachel, may we be of some service to you? <Tara_> ? <Rachel_> Doing what, Rook?
- Rachel_ says patiently.
<Rook> You are in distress. We can see that. We wish to help you. <Rachel_> I just want some answers. <Rachel_> That's all.
- Rachel_ has managed to calm down a bit.
<Rachel_> But he doesn't know the answers, or he doesn't want to know them. <Hayley> ... <Rook> Perhaps the master has not the words. <Rook> And some questions have no answers that can be put in words. <Rook> Ask. <Hayley> She asked some important questions.
- Janus finishes drink #2.
<Rook> (Rob finishes drink #1) <Rachel_> Rook, while I am aware that you are a nervosa, and a loose bit of my father's psyche given form, you are not him any more than Hayley is my mother. <Janus> (I'm winning! :D) <Rachel_> I would prefer to get the answers from my *father*. <Rook> It is what you would prefer.
- Rook seems to think about that for a bit.
<Hayley> Janus... please don't get drunk. <Hayley> That doesn't help anything. <Hayley> It just puts things off for another few hours. <Janus> . o O (You would be surprised)
- Hayley looks sad.
<Janus> I am very tired, Hayley. <Rook> Try us, we may have insight.
- Janus says. He sounds it.
<Rook> And if you get upset at us, well, we are only a servant after all.
- Rook says humbly
<Hayley> Do you have any questions you want to ask me? <Rachel_> Rook, I appreciate your offer. <Rachel_> However, this family has been sweeping things under the carpet for about a century. <Rachel_> It's high time we aired things out, don't you think? <Rook> You have had over a century of practice, Do you think you will really stop now? <Rook> We came into existence for a reason. <Rook> Have you given thought to the fact that this is one more way we can serve? <Janus> ...
- Hayley moves over to sit next to Janus.
<Rook> We have had the secrets of ages whispered to us. <Rook> We have read the names of nature from atop your father’s shoulder. <Rook> We are your only window to a place your father lets no one in. <Rook> We fear not darkness, or anger, or insanity. <Rook> We live to serve
- Tally and Aidan sit quietly and listen.
<Rachel_> Then I feel sorry for you, Rook. <Rook> Sometimes We are a Rook, and sometimes We are a Murder.
- Rook smiles, even in bird form.
<Rook> We are blessed by the fact that we exist for a purpose. You must find your own purpose. <Rook> So long as We fulfill our purpose We are content and need no pity.
- Hayley pulls Janus closer, cradling him, almost.
<Rook> Ask your questions.
- Rachel_ sighs.
- Rachel_ doesn't expect to get any decent answers from a nervosa.
<Rachel_> All right, I'll entertain you.
- Rook bows
<Rachel_> Why did she leave? <Rook> Her mind was not prepared for eternity. <Rook> Nor was she prepared to have her name redone. <Rook> The renaming of something is very significant. <Rook> She was not prepared for that. <Rachel_> So, she wasn't actually sick, then? She just decided "oh, I'm bored of this, time to go?" <Rook> She was dying. And it would have been a slow and painful death.
- Janus is not saying anything, obviously
- Hayley strokes his hair.
- Hayley kisses his forehead.
<Hayley> I did not stop loving you.
- Janus closes his eyes.
<Hayley> Or my children. <Rook> There was also some question of her judgment at the time of her death. She may have been having an episode when she decided to end it. <Rook> Is that a straight forward enough answer My Lady Rachel? <Rachel_> ... <Rachel_> I don't understand how a person who was so much in love could wish to die. <Rachel_> Love is everything... <Hayley> I was so tired, though... I felt stretched thin. Every day was a struggle for me. <Janus> I don't want to talk about this. <Hayley> ... <Rook> Because then you die with all that love in your heart. Instead of having your whole personality destroyed from the inside by a painful and fatal tumour.
- Hayley 's hand pauses midstroke.
<Rook> What is a greater fear than loss of self? <Hayley> All right...
- Hayley masks her disappointment.
- Hayley sighs.
<Hayley> I was afraid.
- Hayley leaves it at that.
- Hayley leans forward and kisses the top of Janus' head again.
<Hayley> I love you, Janus. I always have. <Rachel_> She didn't even say *good-bye* to him. <Rachel_> She was just there, and the next moment, she was gone. <Rachel_> It was cruel. <Rook> We think it may have been an episode. <Rook> Like we said, she was getting worse. She may not have been in her right mind at the time. <Janus> <m> I wonder if Rachel will leave... <Hayley> <m> I don't know.
- Rook talks as if he is recounting facts. Pure detail, no emotion.
<Hayley> <m> I hope not. <Hayley> Tara made so many nice things. It would be a shame to let them all go to waste.
- Hayley squeezes Janus gently.
- Janus agrees unhappily.
<Rachel_> But now she's back, and she'll just do it again. Can't he see that? <Janus> Poor Tara... She will be so upset. <Rachel_> She has proven over and over that she is unreliable. <Rook> This is a new 'she.' <Rook> You would do well to speak of them as separate people.
- Rook 's voice shows emotion on that sentence.
<Rachel_> *Hayley*, then, has already *left* him at least once. <Rook> (but it’s hard to read what emotion.) <Rook> Yes <Rachel_> And, she abandoned her oath to the Countess as well. <Rachel_> Isn't that enough proof?
- Tally rolls his eyes.
<Rook> We travel with Hayley quite a bit now. <Rachel_> See? <Rook> When she came back, certain things were made clear to her. And she found them acceptable. <Rachel_> Even *you* don't trust her. <Rook> We are not here to trust. <Rachel_> Father doesn't trust her, then. <Rook> Part of him is guarded this time. <Rook> He is cautious of falling so hard again. <Rook> You should also be cautious, but understand that your father’s mood has improved greatly since she has acquiesced to the conditions of living here. <Rachel_> So what happens when the second one shows up? <Rachel_> Has he thought of *that*? <Rook> We live to serve.
- Rook says that with a very dark undertone.
<Rachel_> ... <Rachel_> You'll murder him? <Rook> We doubt it will be necessary. <Rachel_> Brilliant, my father has enslaved himself so much to her that he will kill. <Rachel_> They're both her victims. <Rachel_> It doesn't seem quite fair. <Rachel_> Does it. <Rook> Would you not kill for love. <Rook> More people kill for love than for hate. <Hayley> ... <Hayley> Things seem quiet down there...
- Hayley 's ears are perked and alert. ^-^
<Janus> Hopefully Tara has smoothed things over. <Rook> In fact, We have only ever killed for Love or Protection. What could be more noble. <Rachel_> ... <Rachel_> Who have you killed? <Rook> Well, We did not kill him. But vengeance was due.
- Rook says that last line with a passion that is deep and scary.
<Rachel_> Who? <Rook> A sluagh, that exacted such an insult on your family that it could not be forgiven. <Rook> He had no reason for such an act! <Rachel_> What did he do? *Break an oath*?
- Rook flies up into the air in rage at the very memory of it.
- Rook transforms into his human form and lands before the lady Rachel
<Rachel_> Well thank goodness he didn't sink to such low depths - <Rook> (It is the mouths in his eyes that move...not the usual one.)
- Rachel_ remains stoic.
<Rook> He presented to your father the taxidermied body of your mother. Complete with plaque showing where it had been held in a museum.
- Rook is dead calm, like a storm may begin.
- Rachel_ pales. So do Tally and Aidan, but especially Tally.
<Rachel_> (None of them knew) <Rook> (I know.)
- Rachel_ looks sickened.
<Rook> There was no reason for such an act. <Rook> Your father was trying to free the commoners from those laws, and this is how they treated him. <Rook> The grief your father felt.... <Rook> was very deep. <Rachel_> . o O (He was? He thought I was ridiculous for trying to help Commoners...like the Countess.)
- Rook turns back into a bird and rests on the coffee table, but it’s a small bird...definitely a crow and not a raven.
<Rachel_> One can hardly blame all Commoners for the action of *one*.
- Rachel_ reproaches Rook reflexively.
<Rook> We did not take vengeance on all commoners, such was the folly of others, we only took vengeance on the one. <Rook> We are precise.
- Rook says with pride
<Rachel_> Then don't say "this is how *they* treated him." <Rachel_> Speak more precisely. <Rachel_> (you've struck an issue near and dear to her heart, and have temporarily distracted her. Good for you! ^-^)
- Tally rises gracefully to his feet and heads upstairs.
<Rook> our apologies. <Rook> our mistake. <Tally> Excuse me.
- Rook says sincerely.
- Rachel_ is inordinately pleased with her small victory. She has had so few of late.
<Rachel_> That's all right.
- Rook is happy to give Rachel a victory.
- Tally taptaps gingerly on the study door.
- Rachel_ sips her tea.
<Janus> ... <Aidan> So, are you looking forward to going back to Concordia, Rachel?
- Janus sighs.
<Rachel_> Well, I have mixed feelings... <Rachel_> (They talk. She is calm. ^-^) <Hayley> Want me to get it?
- Janus shrugs.
<Hayley> We can't hide in here forever.
- Hayley untangles herself from Janus and goes to the door.
- Tally apprises her of the situation downstairs, etc.
- Hayley nods and closes the door, and returns to Janus.
<Hayley> She's being civil now.
- Hayley reports, smiling slightly.
<Janus> To Rook. <Hayley> Tally seems to feel she's relaxed a bit. <Janus> Good. <Hayley> If you want to stay up here, I understand. <Hayley> But I want some cookies. <Janus> I have no patience for that kind of outburst. <Janus> I will stay here...
- Hayley looks disappointed.
<Hayley> All right...
- Hayley sighs and heads out.
<Hayley> . o O (The whole family is *impossible*.)
- Hayley shakes her head and smiles to herself.
- Hayley gathers her courage and heads downstairs.
- Hayley enters the Sitting Room.
- Rook is perched on the table. Watching Rachel
- Tally had already returned and is talking with Aidan and Rachel and Tara, and possibly Rook.
<Rook> (talking about what??) <Hayley> (Rachel going to Concordia, blahblahblah)
- Hayley heads over to the refreshments and pours herself some tea.
- Rachel_ is irked by Hayley's presence but otherwise ignores the Satyr.
- Hayley settles down on a loveseat and listens to the conversation.
- Rook does not participate in the conversation, but changes his perch so he can see everyone in the room.
<Rook> (Rook does not simply "chat") <Hayley> (I thought not. ^-^) <Hayley> (I can't see much more happening here unless any of you have ideas) <Rook> (not unless there is something specific about Rachel's move you want to talk about.) <Hayley> (not really) <Rook> ok, I guess were done then.